The invasions of Timor into the Middle East has reduced western Iran into chaos as cities are plundered as seized. The devastation to the agriculture escalates the scale of the conqueror's death count. The nobles of Esfahan grant him the title of Shah of Persia, now ruling an empire bordering the Abbasid Caliphate.
Western Europe continues to drag out their own conflict in isolation from these eastern wars. Both the nobles in France and Spain grow wary of their respective rulers, and hope to achieve some significant victory one way or another or begin to lose confidence in their government. This is particularly true in Spain which normally is more centralized than France.
Venice cedes the cities of Trento, Ferrara and Ravenna as independent, and uses the excess money to fully restore the Venetian Arsenal. Ferrara attempts to enter a phase of expansion to recover what they lost in the War of the Bucket, and invades the newly-independent Ravenna. Ravenna appeals to the Pope to become a Papal protectorate against these attacks.
The Mato Dynasty is deposed by Minjo, who establishes the Kingdom of Kaffa in Ethiopia. He appeals to the Emperor to affirm his vassalization to the Empire.
The Great Temple of Huitzilopochtli in Mexico City is established, being the largest center of human sacrifice in the world. Elsewhere in the world, the Candi Surawana Temple is constructed in Kediri, Java, and the San Petronia Basilica is established in Bologna.
The Italian painter Altichiero brings a height to Gothic mural art.
Alexios III the Great of Trebizond dies.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We keep healing the sick. We tell our people that this sickness is on us we put the sick in different villages for them. We avoided diseased villages and educated others about traveling into infected areas. We stay far from Abenaki areas. We start to hunt and move around about our nation more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We expand moderately southwest and make peaceful contact with any tribes there. We expand swiftly southeast. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Iceland: The Queen is involved a Scandal when she and Ari Arason have twins named Ariand and Ólaf, the people love it but the Althingi disapproves but due to popular demand Archbishop Ari is Prime Minister as well as Queen Consort and Archbishop. Material is shipped to the Colonies. We send extra 2,000 troops under the Duke of Greenland. The Archbishop wants the Pope to repeal the nationwide excommunication. (Papal Response Needed.)
- Papal Diplomacy: Pope Clement VI will remove the excommunication if the Lollards of Iceland accept the same offers that the moderate Lollards of England accepted in the Council of York-Berwick. However, Ari Arason must leave his position of Archbishop and stay as a secular priest or other position. A celibate priest will be elected in a synod of native priests. The pontiff will sent Catechist priests with copies of the "Catechism" to be translated. The catechist priests will teach Icelandic priests to replace them as professors of the Catholic faith to the common people.
- Icelandic Dip: Ari retires as the Court Chaplain and is replaced by Hilmar Gunnarsson of Jan Mayen.
- Livonian Order: The Courland claims that Moscow was burned by Timurids, shock that heard in our Baltic nation in the territories the order was insisted formed by the Livonian Brothers of the Sword Riga is ready to participate with their side detenist that the pagans fight alongside the Timurids the army established a new colony in the Baltic to save Europe toward the new event of what's going on the people had to start to build and trade around the Baltic and Central Europe the Teutonics insist that he demand that the order must join the war against the Timurids the knights is involved that the Teutonic's position lead us in a future of our territory to power's respective the pagans are said to start preparing for war against our Christians in the duchies and confederation actual the pagans started building their own armor paid for their tribes against our duchy during this time, is such a dark day in Livonia's territory this also developed some new kind territories that we could take it for it and start to make a lot of weapons paid by the duchy's authorities for the commissions the Teutonics leader start argue with the tribes chief for a war that is coming we expand in northeast for administrator and control that is being paid for the commissions the pagan also introduce that they paid by among themselves for their own proposal's inspiration to us they had so many nomadic nations on their tribes we start agriculture amongst on the north steppes for farmer and such thing unlikely speaking of the war we send up sending 20,000 size sent by the castles' royalty for the pagans war is coming and the Timurids notice who they're just 'the new apocalyptic imperial' like the Mongols for have been in the pass and many war cause it in Northern Europe to our tribes and nation at our first settlement immigration and such taxes that is paid by our Teutonic's leader in maintenance.
- Roman Empire: The death of Alexios III is taken heavily by John whose health has also begun to fail him. Although he does not abandon the throne he instructs Andronikos to return quickly such that he may take a more central role in ruling the empire. Manuel, John’s second son is also summoned, and John beseeches them both to remain loyal to the House of Palaiologos and to the Empire over which they rule. He is sure to remind them that many would see the capital and the empire fall, but civil war and political violence are the surest ways to doom them all. Manuel, a loyal supporter of his father, agrees to back Andronikos to prevent civil war. Meanwhile, he travels to the Despotate of Kotyaion where he leads the repair of the castle there as well as oversee efforts to re-christianize the Muslims in the region. Greek institutions have already benefited the large Greek minority in the area and many recent converts to Islam have rejoined the Orthodox Church. The military footing of the empire is somewhat reduced after news of the victory at Novgorod. While Timur remains a very powerful potential threat, he remains one that must pass through others to get to the empire itself. Work continues to reinforce the Wallachian-Dobruja frontier given the history of incursions but the imperial forces there are withdrawn barring several engineers and advisors. Andronikos, as bold as ever, decides now is the time to strike east. He raises an army around the core forces he took northward and marches on Candar (?) (The small nation on the Black Sea east of the Byzantine Empire and West of Sinop.) The army, numbering 12,000 men, is supported by a fleet of 30 war galleys and 50 merchant ships called up for service. The force is comprised of 2,000 kataphraktoi, 4,000 koursorses, and 6,000 men armed with a mix of menaulatoi and crossbows. Furthermore, the Esovestiaritai, the imperial bodyguard are equipped with small hand cannons in addition to their equipment as kataphraktoi. The force assaults the Beylik’s capital, seeking to force a siege before the Bey can raise his banners to arms. [Algo Needed] Small, light cannons are brought to the siege with emphasis placed on maneuverability over power.
- Papal States: Pope Clement VI agrees to place Ravenna under papal protection. However, the pontiff proposes that Ravenna be united to the Papal States as the Province of Ravenna, this way they can be more effectively protected by the papal army. Clement VI says that if accepted, the ruler of Ravenna will receive the title of Papal Vicar and will meet with the pope in the end of each month in the Council of Vicars to discuss about the administration and problems of the provinces [MOD response needed, please]. The destruction caused by Timur to Novgorod cause more consternation in Rome. The pope declares that all the Christians, both Catholic and Orthodox, that died fighting the Devil of the Steppes and his Horde from Hell are Martyrs of the Faith. He declares July 27 as the feast day of the Martyrs of the Steppes. In August, the pontiff celebrates the marriage of Albert IV of Habsburg with Teresa De Medici and two months later, Clement celebrates the marriage of William of Habsburg with Maria Spinola. A letter from the pope is sent to the Palaiologos of Montferrat asking a member of this family to marry Leopold IV, son of Leopold III of Habsburg [MOD response needed, please]. Duke Aubert III of Habsburg start to finance modifications in the Church of Santa Maria della Pietà to turn it into a place worthy of the Habsburg. This year, the Holy Father creates as cardinal Henrik Karlsson (Sweden).
- Ravenna agrees.
- Mali Empire: Simba's obsession with the extermination of the Songhai proved ultimately to be his undoing. Archaeology shows that many smaller villages or supply depots had been completely depopulated from the mass relocation, while larger cities and settlements saw a gradual shift to Mandike culture. However, this diversion of the military significantly detracted from the resources Simba was mounting for an attempted invasion of Kanem. At the same time, the Songhai refugees were quickly employed by Dawud as mercenaries to bolster his own military. This is most likely the contributing factors that led to the decisive victory of Dawud in the Battle of Diu. Following that battle, Dawud was able to press the advantage with his own Nigerian campaign over the next six months, leading up to the Siege of Kano. In general, Simba was a capable commander and could beat Dawud in every open battle, and was able to prevent Dawud from achieving any direct opening toward Mali itself. Knowing this ahead of time, Dawud made sure to avoid Simba's army and engage him as little as possible, instead instigating frequent revolts and insurrections by the Nigerian people of the south. By the end of the year, Dawud had succeeded in occupying most of upper Nigeria as far as Abujah. At home, however, Dawud's government faced immediate problems with effectively organizing their own Gbara and Farima system, and instead fell to more autocratic direct rule by the Sefawa Dynasty. Meanwhile, Simba was able to still work on the improvement and restructure of the Malian Navy at the port of Dakar, using ships bought from Portugal as a new model of vessels to base on.
- Kingdom of England: With England intervening in the Conflict between France and Spain, Edward IV passes away from dynasty leaving John of Gaunt to succeed the throne as the Duke of Lancaster is crowned King of England on 22 June 1390 as John II of England. Shortly after he is crowned John II decides to fully intervene in the Franco - Spanish Conflict and send a larger force of 25,000 men to assist Spain in defeating France as a means to push John II’S father's claim on the French throne. The English Armies land in Brittany and split in two, one force of 17,000 placed under the command of Prince Henry Bollingbroke while the second force composed of 8,000 men would be placed under the command of Thomas, Duke of Gloucester. The main force of Prince Henry move across Normandy pillaging any city they see in an attempt to draw out the French and then head toward Flanders to met up with the other 9,000 Burgundians amassed there. Meanwhile, the Secondary Force moves forth to begin attacking and looting cities and towns in Northwestern France in order to use the looted resources to fund the English War Effort. In addition to this, Burgundy’s recent alliance proposal is accepted as John II sees this as a great opportunity for expansion in France. Meanwhile, with with the growing tensions with Scotland, 8,000 men remain in Wales just in case the Scots launch an attack against England as shown through previous border incursions. Meanwhile, for the Lollard Question, King John II decides to fully intervene in the Lollard affair fully backing the Moderate Lollards against the heretical Radical Lollards and offers to aid them build their sui iuris Church while also sending a Moderate Lollard Ambassador to Rome to facilitate this process and to ensure that the Pope knows that the Lollard Affair will soon be dealt with as John II sends his men to hunt down these Radical Lollards in order to enforce the Pope’s Excommunication.
- Swiss Confederacy: With the situation in Austria and Hungary at a standstill and the Habsburgs having seemingly quieted their pushing to return to Austria for now, the Central Council decides not to push this issue further at the moment. They continue the involvement in the war in France, however, and the 3,500 Swiss mercenaries in France are maintained. The Central Council continues to examine the recent instabilities in England as said nation re-enters the conflict in France without the discontent over the disastrous reign of Edward IV being fully resolved. Adding, hearing of growing discontent in Spain, priests of the Western Church in Navarre begin to urge peasants to demand their government ceases this overlong conflict that is draining their country's resources, including Navarre. (Mod response for peasants.) The joint military of the Swiss Confederacy returns to the western border of the nation as the French conflict takes priority over the Austrian one, and works on fortifying the cities of Basel, Solothurn and Fribourg by improving city walls and building watchtowers. The Central Council is somewhat nervous about the Habsburg family getting a position of power in the Papal States but to remain silent on this for now. Domestically, the government works on recruiting new soldiers and mercenaries from the peasantry, particularly in the western cantons of Bern, Fribourg and Sion. Meanwhile, the new Canton of Disentis sends envoys to some independent villages to its east extending to Rhäzüns, Safien and Vals (OOC: the northern half of the OTL Grey League), urging them to join the Canton of Disentis for the benefits of shared infrastructure and greater trade. (Mod response.) In Paris, Marie of Geneva-Lenzburg and Louis XI Capet, Dauphin of France have their first child, a son they name Victor II Capet (b. 1390.) (OOC: General said I could write about the children of this marriage.) Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg visits them in Paris to celebrate the birth. Later in the year, William V, King of Arles and Bonne of Berry have their third child, a daughter named Marie (b. 1390.) Scholars of the Bern Library realise the coat-of-arms cards the Zürich Library is selling never include their Canton of Bern, but the young nobles buying these cards haven't seemed to realise and think the Bern cards must simply be very rare. They also notice the nobles trading and selling uncovered cards amongst themselves to try to obtain a full set of all Swiss cantons. The Bern Library decides to take advantage of this by printing some cards in the style of the Zürich ones with the coat-of-arms of the Canton of Bern and having scholars pose as merchants to sell these as the mysteriously rare Bern cards from the Zürich set. These cards are able to gather a significantly higher individual price than the cards printed by the Zürich Library (wherein each canton except Bern is distributed equally often, aside from Disentis which only joined the Confederacy after the start of printing and is thus only included in later "runs" of printing) due to the Bern cards being perceived as rare by the nobles.
- All three cities agree.
- Though there are some rabble rousers, no cohesive uprising in Navarre takes place.
- Kingdom of Eiru: As Burgundy and Lotharingia make peace this improves trade but as England goes to war against France it makes it worse again. The longbow continues to be trained upon by free men giving a steady core any raised army. Small scale migration to Iceland occurs while supplies including horticultural glass for the construction of greenhouses, ice boats, sleds, fishing equipment including ice fishing equipment, winter clothing (made of wool and leather), fishing boats and ice shanties which are portable wooden huts which can be pulled by men and or dogs are dispatched to Iceland for use in Greenland being transported by Oighear's through the ice East Greenland Current. Blackrock Castle at Cork continues construction along with rebuilding work at Coleraine Castle while work on the ports as funding from Parliament continues leads to a modest expansion in the size of the towns. Further land enclosure is carried out by Brenndanus within Tir Eoghain. Sporadic raiding and endemic warfare continues as is fairly normal for Gaelic Ireland. The export of wool, whisky and mined minerals continues. Eoin education begins primarily in Gaelic but he will be bilingual. The navy continues anti-piracy patrols. Gaelic is mostly used outside of the Pale amongst the nobility.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": A truce has been established between the kingdom of Lotharingia and Burgundy. As the war begins to cost more and more lives then what both nations seem to call reasonable. Thus with this the 1390 treaty of Ghent has been created and signed, which gives some land to Lotharingia and the County of Aalst and Zeeland. This in return for the end of the blockade, and formal recognision as Burgundy as a county in the empire. Thus both armies can focus on greater issues for the king and emperor that being the invasions in the east and the economy and navy of the kingdom itself. The senate being unable for the duration of the war to make itself a proper entity, as the war made it so that preventing a collapse was of greater importance. As many of the nobles in Lotharingia were rebelling against the crown, squashing these rebellions and making them understand the Senatorial cause being very important. As they had to pass a lot of laws regarding the war, these laws being temporary as they were made to be annulled four months after the signing of a peace treaty with Burgundy. So the Senatus Regus Lotharri begins to plan to make a new constitution before 1st May 1391, This to legimatise the senate's and king's rule. The Emperor personally ordering the troops from the empire, back to their countries of origin. This is done as the soldiers are no longer needed by the Emperor and Rex Lotharii. This also helping the economy as farmers now can use their grains to sell for a bigger profit then they were able to do so before.
- Timur Empire: With failure at Novgorod Timur hears word of this and finds it to be inexcusable, he calls them back home daring Novgorod to try to survive a Russian winter with no farmable land. He travels to India with his full 180,000 might. Any trade convoys they cross are ransacked villages are sacked but not burned as they trek to the Capital of Hindustan demanding submission or death. (Algo for northwestern India if Dev wants to challenge me.)
- Japanese Empire: The empire suffers a great tragedy this year as emperor Yoshishege passes away in his sleep. His son, Crown Prince Kemmu takes over in an elaborate court ceremony now in his mid 20's. The ceremony is conducted during the Hanami (cherry blossom festival) and he takes the title "Heian Emperor" as a public display of the restoration and rebirth of Heian period cultural and artistic elements. This brings Japan cleanly into what is described as the Second Heian period with the architecture taking over the country by storm as the Heian elements are kept but brought into more modern buildings. Waka, and Kanshi poetry is put out in great amounts as well as the influenced formed of Raiku and renge poetry. As Kemmu takes the throne he immediately convenes the Joen, and the Counciller General. He makes his intention known that the Empire can and will tame their mainland frontier province, as well as bring Karafuto in as a fully fledged province during his reign. This is a notable shift in policy toward Manzhuguo (Manchuria) as the previous emperors have been extremely content to leave the province in a highly autonomous state and allow the resident Manchus to live on their territories as they see fit. This, however, has taken a drastic turn as in the last decade or two since the marching of Tian and Oirat armies that tens of thousands of Manchus have relocated to the frontier region of Manzhu. This inflates the population of the Manchus greatly which forces the city of Aimoi to petition for support from the Imperial administration. Three months after his declaration to more notably civilize and build up Manzhu the request for assistance from the capital of the frontier province arrives. This prompts Kemmu to organize an expeditionary force of 15,000 troops as well as assorted engineers, surveyors, and civil administrators to leave to Manzhu under command of the Kemmu's Kampaku and closest friend, Hitori of the Amago clan. As the expedition arrives it becomes clear that many of the recent immigrant Manchus are not exactly in the best of health and are low on actionable manpower and have suffered greatly as a result of the wars to the north, east, and south. The force immediately goes about cataloging and conducting a census of the Manchu communities. This also sees the reconstruction of the walls around Aimoi giving the city plenty of room to grow further but also gives it a serious defense for the future. other plans are made to approach various of the beleaguered Manchu communities and offer them a chance to more properly settle down and not have to move again in which some of the more damaged and devastated tribes accept in small numbers. This does also begin to see some serious planning in order to develop more proper roadways, and settlements in the region and a small labor force is sent to widen and solidify the road going along the Amur River to Amuraji. Further development is also propagated in Karafuto as the northern port sees its first true blue trade arriving directly. Explorers also continue to push into the great northern sea beginning to chart the land to the north albeit with great difficulty due to the weather and relative unhospitibility of the regions farther to the north. The development of a small outpost on the Luzon Islands northern section is completed with a permanent population of about 25 traders from the Osaka trade guilds who look to get into contact with the natives to attempt more trade deals.
- Majapahit Empire: With the Kingdom of Singapura vassal to Majapahit, efforts and resources are turned inward to maintaining trade and continuing to construct infrastructure across Sumatra. The court nobles and officials start moving into Cirebon as it becomes the capital of Majapahit and adjust to the role. Muslim merchants have witnessed a steady stream of them converting in order to join the guild within Majapahit for the benefits it offers. Orders have been given to the navy to vastly increase its size in order to better ensure it is capable of protecting and securing the sea lanes it patrols.
- The Spanish Crown: As Commander De Roses celebrates the victory over the French during the "Carcasses of Carcassonne", a burial site is commemorated to all the soldiers who had died outside Carcassonne. Much needed supplies are provided to civilians as needed from Spain's great imports and exports. With greater level of profits from trade abroad, Spain is able to hold up a steady supply of produce and livestock to be used to feed our men outside of the zones disrupted for trade within France securing our supply routes through roads and nearby depots such as now Carcassonne, Beziers, Montpellier, and Figueres including Barcelona and Perpignan. This would allow for optimal funneling of supplies and now with the intervention of England, less strain would be applied to the Spanish Army as they are able to reorganize and with the scorched earth tactics around Toulouse, the now resupplied, and reinforced forces numbering 30,000 are positioned in the bordering countryside of the city of Toulouse. The English forces also join. Weakened by reduced numbers and facing the pillaging of enemy allies and supply shortage, the attack begins with the city cut off and stripped from the means of outside connection with the Spanish positioning their siege weaponry and cannons around the perimeter of defenses. With protection provided, these weapons would assault first to provoke conflict as the Frenchmen would have no choice but to attack against them. As the Frenchmen would charge, the archers would swoop in with their longbows from right and left of center firing a fury of arrows before the center force of infantrymen would begin to drive forward against Frenchmen moved away from their defensive positions making them to be easier targets as if they were to remain in their defenses, they would face annihilation from the various siege-craft used and even at the most optimal circumstances, they may starve. With that being said as the Spanish engage with the French, pikemen and men with swords in the infantry would gather with the archers to envelop the French as with the arrival of the trusted Spanish Cavalry, a pincer and flanking formation would form from the sides and crush the French where they stand. Meanwhile, with the crippling Spanish Armada still providing nothing but devastation to French Trade by Sea and starvation to coastal towns, cities, and Villages by the combination of piracy and raids, this action would continue. An offer once again is suggested to the French Noblemen to alter their allegiance as with the Spanish at Toulouse, The Duchy of Burgundy in rebellion, and England now pushing down against France with their losses piling up, they are asked to rise up against the King of France for his incompetence has done nothing but stain the title. Spanish Spies as well begin to fund peasant movements due to the economic instability in the region and the growing chaos within France that is at the brink to burst. [Mod Response].
- Rasulid Dynasty: Sultan Al-Ashraf Isma'il. The city of San'a is made the capital of the Sultanate. Aden maintains itself as the trading hub of the Sultanate. The Grand mosque of San'a begins to see the picking of where to place the mosque. Al-Ashraf Isma'il begins to work on a navy, first by trying to hire people who can help on this endeavor around the world. We send any envoy to the Banu Yam tribe demanding if they join the Sultanate or face an invasion of 12,000 troops. (MOD RESPONSE/ALGO.)
- Kingdom of France: Having spent more than a year in the country rallying support from the nobility and the people, Louis X has raised a sizable army. Although he would like to stay and raise more troops, news of the fall of Carcassonne and the advance of the Spanish to Toulouse means he must act now. Leading an army of 34,000, composed of two-thirds vassal levies and one-third royal troops, the king rushes to the defense of Toulouse. Joining him are the 2,000 valiants of Rogerin Hérisson, the 5,000 remnants of Grégory Enguerran (who would have retreated to Toulouse following their defeat at Carcassonne), and the 3,500 veterans of the Swiss captains. They directly engage the Spanish besiegers in an epic battle upon the fields and walls. Meanwhile, available levies are raised across the north of France (in the provinces of Picardy, Flanders, and Normandy) to contest the Anglo-Burgundian invasion. These are consolidated under the command of Jean de Valerie, the Parisian knight. An army of 12,000 is placed under the command of Antstian Nathecou and sent to block Henry Bollingbroke's army in its advance from Brittany.
- Latin Empire of Romania: After four years of construction a wall on the Serbian border is finished which is supposed to protect us from any invasion by them. also We still help Hungary in their war by giving them 4,000 troops to fight the heretics in the east. This also means that we a still working with the Holy League and the Latin League as a whole. In the Kingdom of Albania it has been two years since Karl Thopia died and now his heir is old enough to reign and he becomes King George Thopia of Albania. In the Principality of Achaea Prince Charles III starts to crack down on the Barbary pirates by setting up coastal fortifications in the southern coast of Achaea. In the Duchy of the Archipelago Duke Francesco I Crispo has a son named William II Crispo. Also, the Castle Apano-Castro is built on the island of Naxos. In the County of Caria Marshal Andrezej Oligerd starts to expand the port in Izmir to allow for more troop transports to be be in the port to transport recruits to the training camps in Aydin. He expects this to be complete by 1392. In the Duchy of Athens a minor revolt occurs Livadia due to taxes. fishing in Lake Prespa caught more fish lowering the price of fish by 0.3 percent and keeping the nation fed.
- Empire of Ethiopia: The Emperor gladly affirms Minjo and the Kingdom of Kaffa’s status as a vassal of the Empire, offering to marry one of his sons, Zara Yaqob, to one of Minjo’s daughters [MOD RESPONSE NEEDED]. Ethiopians continue to work as weavers in Mogadishu, becoming more experienced at weaving as more and more Ethiopians immigrate to Mogadishu. The Christian population in Mogadishu rises as a result, causing numerous clergymen to visit Mogadishu and set up there to minister to the Christians and attempt to convert Muslim Somalis. Trade with the Swahili continues as well as with inland tribes. Currency continues to be introduced in Imperial cities through subsidies, tax cuts, and policies encouraging the adoption of currency. With almost everyone in Imperial cities, ranging from merchants to peasant laborers, using currency, the Empire concludes its attempts to introduce currency in the Imperial cities are a profound success, and plan to use the same procedures to introduce currency outside of the Imperial cities. The Empire plans to introduce currency to the Amharic and Tigray regions of the Empire, hoping that the other tribes of the Empire will more willingly accept currency after seeing the benefits conferred on the Amharic and Tigray by their adopting currency.
- He agrees to the marriage.
After ten years in war against France without a strongly supported claim, in the face of general unrest at home, the nobles of Spain ally together into a group known as the "Lourdes Apelación", led by Count James I of Urgell. After assuming majority of the Council of Toledo, they quickly accuse the close advisers of King Francisco of treason, having them executed or exiled. They present the king with an ultimatum to grant them the ability of further rooting out traitors and heretics in the Kingdom, which would effectively give them temporary de-facto power. The only key nobles not in this group are the generals that currently lead the Occitanian Conflict in France. Certainly, no one expected the Lourdes Apelación.
The prolonged conflict between Spain and France likewise sees significant peasant revolts in both nations, particularly among the Basque in Spain as well as around Orleans in France. Toledo and Seville erupts into Jewish pogroms. Count Gaston III of Foix establishes the Principality of Andorra as a semi-independent nation.
The expeditions of the Japanese north crossed the border into the Four Oirot Khanate, disrupting the cities that they are in the process of settling. Being a peaceful tributary and ally of the Tian Emperor, they ask the Emperor to mediate the dispute.
Tokhtaymish decides to no longer be a puppet of Timur, and attacks the Timurid outposts at the Oxus River with 30,000 hordes. He also subjugates the horde east of him, the "Blue Horde" as his own vassal.
Emperor John V of Byzantium dies. His grandson John VII (not a typo) seizes the throne of Constantinople while Andronikas his father is campaigning in Pontica.
The revolt in Jutland subsides with the acceptance of Birger Haakonson as King of Denmark to succeed Olaf II.
With the severe disruption in western India caused by Timur's invasion, the Sultanate of Kabulistan under Mahmud Haydar breaks off from Hindustan.
Gedun Drub, the first Dalai Lama is reincarnated this year.
The Empire of Nyazwe centered at Zimbabwe falls into a civil war over succession of the crown, between rival rulers of the districts of Matabeland and Mutape.
With the various conflict of central Europe starting to subside, the Premsylid Dynasty of Bohemia asserts more direct influence over the Imperial Diet of Aachen, using the Anti-Imperial sentiment to assume more support for their dynasty as a whole.
With the success of the Byzantine Empire on the Pontic coast, the Hamadid Dynasty forms the remaining Turkic Beyliks into a coalition to protect against any Christian nation, jointly controlled by them and the Karanids.
As China continues to surge ahead of Europe technologically, they manage to invent toilet paper this year. Also, some Taoist scholars petition that the Emperor should take responsibility for China's climate, suggesting he should plant 20 million new trees in the empire.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We are glad we have other tribes in our nation they can Governor themselves but we can call them for war. We start to hunt and move around about nation our more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We expand swiftly southwest and make peaceful contact with any tribes there. We expand swiftly south to the sea. We also expand west. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Empire of Ethiopia: The Empire expands its introduction of currency to the Amharic and Tigray regions of the Empire. Significant tax cuts are granted to those who pay their taxes in currency while trade posts, trade agents and Imperial Guards are issued currency to make their purchases. By now all merchants based in Imperial cities use currency, as well as most, if not all, of the population within the Imperial cities. Ethiopian trade offices in the Swahili city states begin hearing of a large island located somewhere offshore of the Swahili states from Swahili merchants who trade with the island’s natives. With weaving textiles becoming a large part of the Ethiopian economy, cotton farming becomes widespread due to demand and due to government encouragement via tax cuts and subsidies. Hindustani farmers coming from India also bring a new technology which helps cotton farming. Primarily they bring seed drills from Hindustan, which make it much easier to plant massive cotton fields. With cotton farming becoming more lucrative, Ethiopian settlers also begin expanding into the Ethiopian highlands, aiming to obtain more arable farmlands in order to grow more cotton. After years of attempting to replicate printing press technology, the Empire finally succeeds at finding a form of quick-drying ink that can be successfully pressed onto papyrus paper. This revolutionizes the Empire, with each Imperial city being given a printing press to mass produce Imperial decrees and notices. More importantly, the Emperor expresses his desire to begin mass producing the Bible in order to help spread Christianity throughout the Empire and hoping to make it more available for commoners and peasants. This causes conflict with the Bishop of Ethiopia, who opposes any attempts to allow peasants to learn the teachings of the Bible without first going through the Church. With the Church strongly objecting, the Emperor delays his plans to mass produce the Bible, though he continues to secretly desire to mass produce the Bible.
- Iceland: We continue to support the colonies and we thank the Celts for their help. With the reconnection to the Catholic Church we wish to regain a Cardinal seat. (Papal Response Needed). The Earl of Arnarsland explores the landmass and names it Markúsarland (OTL Katannikik).
- Papal Diplomacy: Pope Clement VI creates Hilmar Gunnarsson as cardinal.
- Livonian Order: We tell that we send moderate's position in duchy on the Baltics for christianized toward the people and such tribes the leader throughout that his leader's statues is in maintenance of payment any fortifications are being built well and mass producing food toward the region sent by the nobles the pagans for what know each their region are being occupied and the Teutonic's intervening with most of chief pagans tribes Slavic the semigilatians pagan among that they pay by their own chief territory across the Baltic Sea and the gulf of our territories the congress with the Teutonic Order assume affirm that their payment is organized than the other the Teutonics, what is a new order of this period called to fight against the pagans Slavic of their dispute and such hostility well the duchy has paid Swedish boats for the superior organization on their side. The autonomy of the Livonian Order one of the branch of the Teutonic in their current position establish a new laws for this order requested by the congress Teutonic schools learn that children read in their own Slavic Bible in their multi-ethical language no matter what the conflict will suggest that the Teutonic must face against, the pagans Slavic the Teutonic military order are well organized due their positions of environment of administrator superior to other Teutonic states came in Europe a base was built in Estonia for maintenance's activity toward a new conflict with the pagans and the Christians and produce payment for the ruler's Teutonic leader.
- Mali Empire: After the fall of Abujah late in 1390, Dawud seemed to be poised to press an invasion of Mali itself and an encirclement of Simba's forces. However, this victory was only briefly held before Kanem itself began to fall into chaos. Dawud's experiment of imitating Sundiata's Gbara had failed, and much of the Bornu Empire was threatened by divisive tribal factions and nobles. Any unrelated feudal vassal of the Gbara ahd claimed secession, and the remaining council had become nothing more than a front for the autocratic rule of the Sefawa Dynasty. In particular, the provisional faction of Kanem was ruled over by Rabih Al-Sadik, ruling much of the lands in the south toward Central Africa. Dawud returned with much of his army to seize control back over the capital, and for the most part restored order in Njimi. Much of the population of both Mali and Kanem found the war unwinnable, and both sides were pushing for establishing a peace. Simba knew he could not restore direct rule of Mali over the eastern territories, but at the same time Dawud knew that he could not control order in Kanem alone. So after a truce was called, the two parties met in the city of Kano in 1391, to establish a peaceful solution. The Treaty of Kano established the Empires of Mali and Bornu to jointly rule as a Duumvirate: Two separate nations of two separate Emperors, but coordinated and administered by the same Gbara under the Constitution of Sundiata. According to the legendary cycle of Simba, the Treaty of Kano was sealed by both himself and Dawud slitting their hands and mixing their blood, making the treaty a blood oath. In addition, Simba's daughter Mariam was given in marriage to Dawud's son Musa. Having established this arrangement, Simba was able to lend his armies to Dawud to crush the rebellion of Rabih, which was not fully completed until the next year. In the west, Simba continued to advance their naval technology with the aid of Portuguese sailors, but also with the help of the Sidinate ruled by Emir Mikhail. Under the new constitution, the Sidinate was given full authority on construction and maintenance of the Malian navy operating out of their ports.
- Papal States: Pope Clement VI sees the situation in España with apprehension. After having discussed about this situation with the Roman Curia, the pontiff decides to stay neutral in this dispute. With the formation of the Province of Ravenna, the lord of Ravenna, Bernadino II da Polenta receives the title of Papal Vicar. The Lollard ambassadors from England are received in Rome by the pontiff and the Roman Curia. Clement VI sends a letter to Trent, proposing that they become part of the Papal States as the Province of Trentino as protection against future threats. Their ruler will receive the title of Papal Vicar and continue to rule Trent, only needing to meet the pope in the end of each month in the meetings of the Council of Vicars to discuss the administration and problems of the province. If accepted, Trent will be placed under papal protection and the Papal Army will be responsible to help in cases of invasion. The pontiff also writes to Pisa and Siena asking for an alliance between the two and the papacy [MOD response needed, please]. Albert IV of Habsburg and Teresa de Medici have their first child, a boy named Albert. Pope Clement VI and Leopold the Just are able to marry Leopold's son, Leopold, with Vittoria Orsini, member of the powerful Orsini Family of Rome. A letter is sent to the House of Wettin asking for a member of this family to marry Leopold's son, Ernest [MOD response needed, please]. As a compromise to the return of Iceland to the Catholic Church, the pope asks for a noble girl to be sent to the Papal States. She will grow up in Castle of Monte San Giovanni under the tutelage of the Habsburg and will marry Frederick, the nine-year-old son of Leopold the Just, when reaching the age. [Iceland response needed, please].
- Icelandic Dip: The Queen sends Sandra Sturlung, Princess of the Isles to marry Leopold.
- Trent respectfully declines.
- Pisa declines an official alliance, but Siena agrees.
- Duke Frederick of Saxony allows his daughter Catherine to marry Ernest.
- Majapahit Empire: Desiring to continue the expansion of Majapahit's influence across the region, envoy's are dispatched to Pahang to request that it becomes tributary to Majapahit (Mod Response). The Majapahit Navy continues to expand across the region protecting trade and ensuring stability within the Empire. The Raja has reached out to the Merchant's guild in order to better coordinate efforts to ship spices out of the Molucca Islands as they have fallen under his dominion. The Raja orders the Bhayangkara to expand in numbers to 8,000 troops and orders for the production of more hand cannons to arm more Bhayangkara with hand cannons. News begins to pour in of a conqueror from a land called Persia expanding his empire. The Raja has ordered all his vassals to devote some measure of resources to expanding and developing their infrastructure in order to allow for more agricultural and mining production as well as to ensure that messages can reach all ends of the Empire and its sphere of influence. Agricultural irrigation and road networks still continue to be produced on Majapahit Sumatra in order to increase food output and make travel far easier for citizens and messengers. The messenger fleet has witnessed a recent uptick in ships due to the need for more messengers as the Empire's influence expands across the region.
- Pahang becomes a tributary.
- Warring States of Mesoamerica: The Third Stage of the Flower Wars continues as the fallout from the first stage continues to appear throughout the region. Iuihua and Yaluk II, dual monarchs of Chichimeca, begin raising what will be the largest army ever built in Mesoamerican history. The Xaliscan Cazonci, Panen, raises his own army among his tributaries in participation to fight against the rump Tarascan theocracy.
- Swiss Confederacy: As the French army has major victories of the Spanish in Toulouse and Picardy, the 3,500 Swiss mercenaries in France are maintained, though the Central Council thinks their presence might not be required for much longer with these victories and the instability in Spain. Speaking of instability of Spain, as the actions of the Lourdes Apelación cause chaos across the country priests of the Western Church in Navarre urge peasants to demand the Spanish king ends this costly conflict with France or otherwise push for greater autonomy or independence to prevent this Spanish crisis from damaging Navarre any further. (Mod response for peasants). The joint military of the Confederacy continues to fortify the northwestern border of the nation, now focusing on mountain passes in the Cantons of Basel-Bishopric and Basel-City. Additionally, some soldiers travel southwest to help the Swiss ally the County of Neuchâtel fortify their borders. Inspired by the Canton of Disentis's recent expansion, the Canton of Chur sends an envoy to some independent villages to its south, extending south to Poschiavo and east to Zuoz (OOC: the western half of the OTL League of God's House), encouraging them to join the Canton of Chur for the benefit of the greater infrastructure of the Confederacy and increased protection against the chaos to their south in Italy. (Mod response). Domestically, the government works on improving lumber production for construction and trade by encouraging peasants in the rural cantons to work as lumberjacks. Related to this, boat building increases in the cities of Bregenz in the Canton of Montfort and Constance in the Canton of Constance and the town of Rorschach in the Canton of St. Gallen as the Swiss Confederacy now controls a majority of the shoreline of Lake Constance. Engelbert III, Count of the Mark (~1333-1391) dies of a disease and is succeeded as Count by his son Engelbert IV (b. 1376). Because Engelbert IV is only 15 years of age, his mother Michelle of Anjou-Lenzburg (b. 1357) will briefly serve as regent for him. Later in the year, Amadeus VII, Count of Savoy (1360-1391) dies of dysentery and is succeeded as Count by his son Peter III (b. 1389). Because Peter III is just two years of age, his mother Anna von Lenzburg (b. 1364) will effectively be his regent for the next decade and a half. In Zürich, the city guild and scholars of the Library find out the Bern Library is selling cards in the Zürich style of the Canton of Bern's coat-of-arms and is making relatively large profits from these because of the exclusion of the Bern card from the Zürich Library's set of cards. Some Zürich scholars argue the Bern Library is violating their trademark, but ultimately the Library and guild reluctantly decide to add the coat-of-arms of the Canton of Bern to the set of cards they are producing to eliminate Bern's monopoly on this card.
- Navarre pushes for peace.
- Both towns accept.
- Roman Empire: The Basileus is dead; long live the Basileus! John VII, with his father soundly defeating the Turks in Pontica, attends to his dying grandfather. John V, suffering from acute failure of the liver, dies early in the winter of 6899 AM. Andronikos’ son John, fearing a coup and ambitious in his own right gathers a retinue of loyal soldiers and is crowned early in the morning of January 9th. He quickly sends word to his father to inform him of his father’s death, as well as his own coronation. Andronikos, having smashed the Cadaharid Beylik rushes home to attend his father’s funeral as well as confront his son. Andronikos, tempered by the passage of time, agrees to respect his son’s decision, and issues a decree that henceforth, when a father and son are both of age to rule, they shall rule as co-Basileae. He recounts the consuls of old Rome, recalling the wisdom and resiliency of a second ruler and accepts his son’s coronation to status as a co-Basileus. However, there are pressing matters to attend to. John VII must quickly find a wife and the new Turkish threat must be assessed. Envoys are dispatched to Dobruja seeking a suitable candidates. John is particularly interested in Princess Irene of Dobruja, the older of Ivanko of Dobruja’s two daughters, and proposes to marry her. [Mod Response]. Rather than fight the combined forces of the allied Turkish Beyliks, Basileus Andronikos sends envoys to the Hamadid Beylik, congratulating the Bey there on his diplomatic domination of the much larger Karanid Beylik at an important gathering of dignitaries. Further envoys arrive in Teke, where the ambassador question’s the Bey’s power if he cannot even stand-up against his cousin to the north, certainly the Beylik of Teke in all its power and glory ought to lead the Turks of Anatolia.. Merchants are incentivized through reduced leasing costs to frequently stop in Antalya and do business with the Greeks in the city there. A similar pattern develops in Sinope which itself has a very significant Orthodox population (one-third in 1914 and presumably much higher in 1391). Merchants there spread wealth among the Greeks in the city by preferring them in trade. The contact with the greater Greek world has the added effect of reducing conversion rate to Islam and slowing the adoption of Turkish by many Greeks in the city. Incentives to convert to the Orthodox church have proven meaningfully successful across much of reclaimed western Anatolia. The Turkish presence in the region was never absolute and many ethnically Greek Muslims are persuaded to rejoin their old faith and abandon the false idols of Islam. In the cities and towns of the newly reconquered territory as much as 60 percent of the population is now Orthodox and Greek speaking or Orthodox and Turkish speaking. Another five to ten percent are estimated to be other Christians of either Armenian or other ethnic group. Turkish semi-nomadic herders on the plains of central Anatolia within the empire are forcibly settled into small herding and farming communities in the lowlands as the aristocratic elements of Roman society are eager to carve out large ranching estates for their personal enrichment and enjoyment.
- Marriage accepted.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": With anti-Jewish pogroms heating up in both France and Spain, the Senate signs a decree permitting Jews in the Cities of Antwerp, Louvain Brussels and Amsterdam. This being part of the movement in the Lotharingian Senate that allows the freedom from religious persecution. Although there may be some restrictions on certain religious movements, the government cannot force them to convert, go into hiding or pay special taxes. The senatus Regus Lotharii believing in freedom of Expression and against oppression and the Freedom to ownership, these being the three fundamental principles of the Lotharingian Senate. The Senatus Regus Lotharri and the Rex Lotharri being able to make a Constitution, which legitimises the Union between the King, The senate and the people. This article being called the Union of Aachen, which grants many rights: right to set taxes tariffs and tolls, appoint commanders of the Military, and make all the laws in the "Gewesten". While the king can also make laws in the royal lands, the royal lands having Judges directly appointed by the crown. In the "Gewesten" the number of judges is chosen to be five with one of them being appointed by the king or his representatives. The king now having to take in consideration the Senate and Senaat Kanzeler, as power is divided roughly equally between the two. The Union of Aachen also changes a lot of the Internal borders, this all for the enrichment of the Lotharingian people. Emperor Feinsan beginning to look more inward to the Kingdom Lotharingia instead of the empire. This change mostly being due to Monetary reasons, as the kingdom requires money to stabilise. One of the ways this has been helped is by fact that the Emperor has ordered all foreign soldiers back. The small 11,000 soldiers big Royal Lotharingian army remaining, as the smaller but professionalised force with a lot of war experience. The Königliche Garde Johanns des Siegreichen remaining under the Kings command for his security and to keep possible political dissidents in Check, as the king and Senate fears a possible insurrection for the coming years with the introduction of new laws. These laws and changes being seen as radical by many, thus these changes need to be protected by the king and the Senate, So they will.
- Poland-Lithuania: Hearing the news of the of Tohktamish Khan's betrayal of his overlord, Wladyslaw I decides to bide his time until Timur reacts but decides to keep his army together for another couple of campaign seasons, and he continues to hold the line at the upper Bug River. Construction of a New Fortress though it will take a good many years before it is completed. He commits to helping the Kozaks secure their home region to the south to at least create a barrier region between Poland and the Steppes under nominal Polish protection. An envoy is sent to Novgorod and to the other Rus' states promising to help them with food and with general goods. (Mod Response).
- Kingdom of France: In the aftermath of the decisive Battle of Toulouse, negotiations are opened with Spain. The Lourdes Apelación is recognized as the official government of Spain during this time, curtailing the warmongering policies of the military elite. After the battles of Normandy and Picardy, forces in the north of France are rallied. Of the victorious legion of King Louis, 22,000 are kept in Occitania (near Toulouse), while 17,000 are moved to northern France. The combined French armies then move against the English forces and peasant rebels in Normandy and Orleans respectively.
- Timur Empire: When the Golden Horde rebellion news reaches Timur he grabs 120,000 forces and states simply, “That son of a bitch is going to die for this.” He brings his men to attack the Golden Horde until they either fully submit or there lands are gone. He refuses to fight them in any city of theirs and burns surrounding lands until they either come out or starve. (Algo/Mod response needed.) His son maintains a force of 60,000 patrolling throughout the new territory.
- Kingdom of England: As the French move their Northern Armies to face those of Henry Bollingbroke, Bollingbroke decides to strike at the advancing French and ambushes the French Army as they launch their counterattack in Normandy. As they French advance the Main English Force of Bollingbroke pulls back as the 9,000 Burgundians follow the French through Normandy until Bollingbroke decides to engage te French Army near Rouen trapping the French with his main force reinforced by the Duke of Gloucester (20,000 men) in the front front and the Burgundian Force (9,000) in the back attacking both sides of the French Army. If successful the English Army would pursue the French and begin a renewed push into Picardy in order to secure the region. Meanwhile, in Northeastern France, the 5,000 troops of the Duke of Gloucester continue their raiding on French towns and villages in order to use their resources to fund the English War Effort. With the sudden rise of the Lourdes Apelación in Spain, John II of England voices concern as he sees them as a potential threat to his alliance with Spain though John II does not make an official statement to the situation unwilling to intervene in Spanish affairs.
- Latin Empire: Emperor Richard de La Roche has condemned the Turkic Beylics coalition with the Hamadid dynasty with him saying they are a threat to every Christian Nations and due to them being very close to are borders we send a diplomat to Constantinople to talk to the Byzantine Empire to see if a Mutual Defense pact can be formed against the Beylics with them. (Byzantine Empire Response Needed). In the Duchy of Athens Emperor Richard De La Roche removes Bishop Dorotheus I of Athens from his see due to evidence he had secret dealings with Serbia to help undermine the empire for his own benefit. The new Bishop of Athens is Macarius I. In the Kingdom of Thessaloniki the port there is greatly expanded to allow for more Venice and Genoa ships to trade with us. In the Kingdom of Albania King George Thopia Dies causing his sister Helena Thopia to become Queen of Albania. In the Duchy of the Archipelago Duke Francesco I Crispo invests his money to improve the farming on the island of Tinos. In the County of Palatine of Kefalonia and Zakynthos, Charles I Tocco establishes his claim of Corinth but it is not recognized at the Moment. Farming in the Thessaloniki region went well this year and we import a medium amount of grain to the Despotate of Erpius. In the Macedonia region fur trappers caught a large amount of fur this year and we sell them to Neopatria, Venice, And Genoa. Due to the tensions rising with the Beylics our Marshal Andrzej Oligerd put the Latin Empire army on high alert so they can be reddy to fight any invader who threatens the Empire.
In Spain, the Lourdes Apelación push for conceding a peace with France, hopefully securing Beziers and surrounding countryside for the Kingdom, but otherwise opting for a white peace. This does not prevent the ongoing conflict against in the north, however, seeing a renewed rivaly between England and France now dubbed the Lancastrian Phase.
Having been defeated by Timor, Tokhtaymish falls back his military to the city of Tashkent, hoping to regroup.
The chaos of the Lotharingian Civil war has left the nation heavily damaged, and general unrest continues in isolated regions by both peasants and freemen. Some rumors in the recently-formed Senate suspect of a renewed noble plot to arise at any point, which they imagine will attempt a coup against the Senate's power.
A Franciscan Friar named Jacob van Julich is arrested by the regional authority of Guelders by order of the Senate. He is accused of claiming to be a Bishop, and ordaining several priests under this identity, while working for the Bishop of Utrecht during the civil war.
The Korean Civil War ends with Yi Dan assuming the crown as King of Korea, taking the regnal name Taejo Joseon. This is the start of the Joseon Dynasty. Jeong Mong-ju also composes a number of poems at this time.
The previous officeholder for the Regent of Lithuania has died, and a new regent must be appointed. This office is necessary because Poland and Lithania occupy two courts, which the king cannot be in both places at once.
Sufi Mystic Lal Ded becomes prominent in the court of Kabulistan.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We start to hunt and move around about nation more. We also start to farm corn squash and more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We expand swiftly southwest and make peaceful contact with any tribes there. We expand swiftly south to the sea. We also expand west. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Kingdom of Scotland: King Robert II Bruce strives to became regarded as a fair King, in a bid to ensue his legacy for posterity. A Church for the moderate Lollards in sui iuris within the Catholic communion although using the Celt-rite instead of the Anglo-rite rather than the English Lollard Church uses is set up in Scotland and the rest of the Celtic Confederacy. More specifically in the Imperial capital of the Isle of Mann the Celt-rite is the translation of the Bible in local Gaelic Manx langauge, in most of Scotland the Celt-rite is the translation of the Bible in local Gaelic Scots, while in southwestern Scotland the Celt-rite is the translation of the Bible in local Galwegian Gaelic, in Eiru the Celt-rite is translation of the Bible in local Gaelic Irish. All these languages are recognized by this new Church as local dialects. Using our knowledge acquired from our Icelandic vassal and Eiru we renew the efforts of our predecessors as Ameraudur of the Celts and embark on a program of an even greater scale of shipbuilding, officially to contain the looming threat of piracy that could resurge at any moment, given the ugly havoc it had spread just merely two decades ago, but also unofficially to be able to defend our allies at any given moment, given how much the invasion of our allies and relatives in Oldenburg by the Hanseatic League has embarrassed us, giving a huge blow to our standing and our prestige amongst European houses as we were unable to do anything to assist them given the poor state of our fleet. As Ameraudur of the Celts and King of Scotland, Robert Bruce asks his loyal vassals, Eiru and Iceland to provide us with their proportional share of taxation and expertise for this ambitious planned expansion of the Confederate fleet, Scotland been the very first to provide its proportional share. [Players Response]. The Imperial Capital of the Isle of Mann having taken advantage of all these years of peace has transformed into a rather booming and prosperous trading hub, where Scots, Irish, local Manx and even some persecuted Welsh people who fled have settled here and enriched its atmopshere, turning it into a rather multicultural and cosmopolitan hub. Great works are proclaimed in the Imperial capital by the Ameraudur of the Celts Robert I Bruce, such as strengthening its already very defensible walls and developing its surroundings, the vast countryside of the Isle of Mann. Ameraudur of the Celts and King of Scotland Robert Bruce attempts to find a bride for his 20-year-old son, David III Bruce and his twin sister Isabel and states that he would consider any offers. He makes a specific proposal though to Count John II of Auvergne and Boulogne asking for his daughter Joan (Joanna) II to marry his son David III along with an alliance between our great houses. [Mod and Player Response].
- Marriage of Joanna of Auvergne and David Bruce is accepted.
- Icelandic Dip: The Queen offers the Princess of Arnarsland named Helena to David and Geir Prince if Jan Mayen in a matrilineal marriage for Isabel.
- Swiss Diplomacy: Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg offers his nephew Amadeus V of Geneva-Lenzburg (b. 1367, heir apparent to the County of Geneva and brother-in-law to the Dauphin of France Louis XI Capet)'s hand in marriage for Isabel Bruce.
- Kingdom of Scotland Dip: Ameraudur of the Celts and King of Scotland Robert Bruce makes a second proposal to Louis d'Évreux, Count of Étampes and Guînes offers to the recently widowed count the hand of his daughter Isabel, along with an alliance between our great houses. [Mod Response].
- The marriage is accepted.
- Kingdom of Scotland Dip: King Robert II of Scotland offers his second and third daughter, twins, aged 15, Louisa Bruce to Amadeus V of Geneva-Lenzburg in regular marriage and Sophie Bruce to Iceland to Geir Prince of Jan Mayen in a matrilineal marriage, given that Isabel Bruce just got married. A third proposal is made by King Robert II of Scotland to Waleran III of Luxembourg, Count of Ligny and Saint-Pol, offering the hand of his daughter Alison, aged 18 years of age to the widowed count, along with an alliance between our great houses. [Mod Response].
- Marriage is accepted.
- Swiss Diplomacy: Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg, accepts the proposed marriage between Amadeus V of Geneva-Lenzburg and Louisa Bruce.
- Livonian Order: The Teutonics, we had to buy the Duchy of Estonia for the basic military the Baltic tribes face to face in the power nations in Europe as Estonia becomes a vassal for the Livonian thanks by the Teutonic's order who helps us and agriculturing to our leader taxes economy Courland insists that one of the Lithuanian pagan tribes when they defeated us some years ago were fighting in Courland with the Teutonic to push it back with the Teutonic's power vassal we also had some new stuff to the troude's commercial and communications of such dialect mutli-ethnical language regardless of authority the Teutonic state becomes mutlicultural for the slav Christian and the Baltic's nation also among the German insists on respectable royalty. We are annoying just because the pagans we had a different culture than us and face of our throne of the Baltic leader of the Teutonic Order the Teutonic knight Robin von Eltz claim most of German and Baltic language are an official speaking toward the order in the state and the countryside in Baltic Sea also count Riga too' the language is also written in our church local and many scholar's superposition toward the rules and laws of what we establish in demand asked by the Teutonic's government Robin such an interesting idea that we could protect the duchies among the help of Teutonic's taxes and payment support for the Swedish trade the development economy and such stuff that we paid is turning into a mutli-development cultural with social media and such great work of what consists the duchies are helping us to development and the language official to spoke with the Teutonic state of what they ask us.
- Mali Empire: The end of the Sefawa-Keita War marks a new age in Mali's history, and changes the face of West African history forever. Much of the older generation of nobles in western Mali were dissatisfied by the Treaty of Kano, considering it a great loss of territory in the east. This did not lead to any civil unrest, however, as the whole nation had become tired of war and wanted to push to a new generation. The western nobles were largely voted down by the rest of the Gbara, since the Treaty of Kano placed the same Gbara in charge of both nations, simply dividing the crown between two emperors. This effectively placed administrative power in the city of Kano, with two de jure capitals on the west and east at the imperial residences of Niani and Njimi. Simba sought to put a final end to periodic civil conflicts in Mali, and followed the example of his father to nominate the "Mansa Al-Saghir" (Junior Emperor) and ensure a smooth transition. Simba also restored all previous overland caravan trade between Morocco, Egypt, and Ethiopia, and the Atlantic trade as far as Portugal and Spain. At this point, Simba only had daughters, one of whom was married to Musa ibn Dawud from Kanem. Due to his education in Europe, Simba worked hard to try to improve and upgrade the standards of living across Mali to be similar to that in France and Lotharingia. He built many communities and houses for peasants, and offered them contracted work in serfdom as insentive to end their tribal lifestyle. He patronized art and literature in the Library of Timbuktu, as the generation of Tameshq poetry was at its height at this time. In particular, Simba was interested in making the navy of Mali strong enough to be on par with that of their European partners. Simba offers Spain to purchase four modern carracks to add to the Malian navy, offering 350 Mithqals for each. (SPAIN RESPONSE.)
- Sweden-Norway: Margaret's regency ends, and her 17-year-old son Birger becomes king. In Summer, he marries Margaret of Scotland, formerly bethrothed to Olaf, in a ceremony in Storkyrkan, Stockholm. She becomes pregnant, and a child is expected to arrive in Spring next year. Princess Helvig (b. 1345), sister of the late King Haakon, dies at Nykoping Castle at the age of 46, unmarried and without issue. The recently completed road from Stockholm to Jonkoping has further centralised the Kingdom of Sweden, and Birger hopes to replicate this centralisation in Norway and Finland, as it would strengthen his position as king and authority.
- Empire of Japan: The imperial administration begins expansion within Manchuria is done as a response to the Oirots aggressive actions on territory explicitly granted to the Empire following the war with the Yuan. The Japanese bring nearly 20,000 (adding 5,000 troops to the existing 15,000 there) troops to the north to guard settlers and fur rangers as well as Amuraji also requesting Chinese mediation on the issue, citing the treaty to end the war with the Yuan which ceded most of Outer Manchuria to the Japanese Empire. With the influx of more organized non-horde troops than the region is generally used to supporting, the Imperial army begins construction a series of supply outposts along the main well traveled route to the north which doesn't follow the river route. Known simply as the Great Manchu Highway (the route in which most of the nomads following going from north to south) this has a series of supply depots and outposts established to keep the army logistically relevant in the north. In a quick and shocking show of force, all territory on the East side of the Amur River is quickly and quietly seized leaving the daunting task of any army to retake the area of crossing the Amur River and meet stiff opposition. In necessity of a quick response and stalling force to prevent further river crossings, the Japanese contract nearly 5,000 Manchu cavalry noted for their horsemanship superior to basic Japanese light cavalry and equal or possibly better in some cases than the heavy samurai cavalry. The developments in Manchuria continue as the Emperor gives a mission to his domestic administrators, to find 15,000 people to be willing to settle and help develop the lands of the Manzhu frontier province with them being sent to safe, well surveyed locations. This is particularly to turn Aimoi into a much more serious city in the region as well as help develop areas along the Great Manzhu highway. Further talks are held with the Manchu nomads in the reason effectively guaranteeing them large swathes of territory effectively unable to be developed as agricultural land or suitable for cities. They are also exempted from taxation other than their integration as cavalrymen for the Imperial army in which they will effectively act as the component light cavalry for any army which will fight on the mainland. The various weaker Manchu tribes, effectively bereft of a serious adult male population able to ride and keep the tribe stable either integrate with other Manchu tribes or are given patronage from the civil authority directing them toward some of the developing towns and agricultural regions. Most of the surveiled land looks to be along the coastal regions of Manzhu with by the end of the year the arrival of settlers from the mainland seeing the development of some more small settlements along the coastal regions of the frontier province. Natural settlement into Sakhalin continues as well with various more towns and farms springing up. The southern cities in the region effectively become the chief settlements on the island with the yuzosakala gaining ground as the most productive region on the island. The trade post in northern Luzon is expanded as trade with locals starts to expand a bit. Some of the locals around the trade post begin setting up their tribal settlements near the trade post hoping to get superior tools from the Japanese traders to further provide product to sell to Japanese traders in turn for more tools. The Trade post as a result boasts a more permanent presence of nearly 100 people as some of the permanent traders bring their families to live within the walls of the wood trade fort. The success of the first trade post so far sees another one set up farther along the islands toward the Pacific facing part of Luzon lying between the two existing Luzon kingdoms.
- Legates of China expresses the Emperor's intention to negotiate a peaceful solution between Japan and Oirot.
- Roman Empire: Although wary of Latin deception, Andronikos and John decide to accept the mutual defense pact offer from the Latin Empire, they do seek to expand it more generally against Muslim invaders. (Jade Response). The marriage of Basileus John VII and Princess Irene of Dobruja is conducted in Hagia Sophia. The demands on the imperial treasury prevent the affair from being too boisterous, but foreign dignitaries are invited from throughout the Mediterranean and east. In a political move, dignitaries from the Turkish Beyliks are invited and seated in such a way as to make the Karanid Beylik and Hamadid Beylik out as the leaders of vassals, an insult to the other beyliks. Merchants continue to be incentivized through reduced leasing costs to frequently stop in Antalya and Sinope and do business with the Greeks in the cities, preserving Greek culture and contact with the outside.
- Latin Diplomacy: We accept.
- Swiss Confederacy: The Central Council is pleased to see the actions of the Lourdes Apelación which seem likely to end the conflict between Spain and France. However, the 3,500 Swiss mercenaries in France are maintained as the conflict between France and England continues. Though, some members of the Central Council start to push for those mercenaries' withdrawal because of the long continuous period they have been deployed. The Central Council also continues to play close attention to the situation in Austria and Hungary, though that seems stable at the moment. The joint military of the Confederacy moves to fortify Zürich, the largest city in the nation, by building new moats and watchtowers around the city. Some soldiers also continue to help the County of Neuchâtel, political allies of the Confederacy, with fortifying their borders. The four bishops of the Swiss Confederacy together publicly urge the combatants in France, especially in the southern conflict between Spain and France, to make peace to end this perpetual, senseless violence. After incorporating the Poschiavo and Zuoz areas, the Canton of Chur sends envoys to other villages located to the east of their territory, extending east to Remüs and the Val Müstair (OOC: the eastern half of the OTL League of God's House), suggesting to them to join the Canton of Chur for the benefit of the Confederacy's infrastructure and trade and for protection against the ongoing chaos to their south in Italy. (Mod response). Domestically, the government works on recruiting new soldiers and mercenaries to replenish the forces deployed in France. Count Peter of Geneva (~1340-1392) dies of natural causes and is succeeded as Count by his son Amadeus V of Geneva-Lenzburg (b. 1367). Amadeus V is currently unmarried, but his uncle Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg is proposing a marriage for him to Isabel Bruce of the ruling house of Scotland. The Zürich Library adding the coat-of-arms of the Canton of Bern to their set of cards decreases the rarity of the Bern cards and consequently their price, reducing the relatively large profits the Bern Library had been making from selling these individual cards. As a consequence, the Bern Library places more prominence on the Aragonese-style playing cards they had previously been manufacturing again in the hope of maintaining profits. The House of Lenzburg also becomes involved in this game as Count Heinrich II's son Ulrich VII (b. 1373) buys some cards from the Zürich Library.
- Both agree.
- Papal States: With the organization of the Lollard Church in Scotland using the Celtic rite, Pope Clement VI proposes that the Lollard community be separated in two. One using Middle English-rite, named the Anglican Lollard Catholic Church, which leader will be the Cardinal-Patriarch of the Anglican Lollards, for his seat the pope offer the Sunderland Minster if King John II agrees. The other will be the Celtic Lollard Catholic Church, this one uses the Celtic-rite and will be ruled by the Cardinal-Patriarch of the Celtic Lollards, which seat will be in the Isle of Man [England and Scotland or MOD response needed, please]. With the help of the Venetians, better galleys are produced in the shipyards of Civitavecchia and Ostia. The Holy Father creates as cardinal Patriarch Paul Palaiologos Tagaris (Latin Empire). However, Cardinal-Secretary Pedro Martínez de Luna doesn't like it. The pontiff celebrates the marriage of Catherine of Saxony with Ernest of Habsburg. Sandra Sturlung is welcomed by the pope and the Roman Curia, she stays with the Habsburg of Monte San Giovanni Campano until she and Frederick reaches the age to marry. William of Habsburg and his wife Maria Spinola have their first child, a girl named Viridis. (Secret) Unknown to the pope and for some members of the Roman Curia, a mysterious letter is sent to the Assassins of Milan asking that they expand to the Papal States. The letter says that as they killed the Ottoman Sultan, they must help protect the Holy See against other Satanic threats. The letter also says that if they accept, a great sum of money will be monthly deposited in an account in the Bank of Rome that they can use. The letter is signed as from the Societatis. (End Secret) (Mod response needed, please).
- Kingdom of Scotland Dip: We agree with his Most Holiness's suggestion for the Celtic Lollard Catholic Church, using the Celt-rite and ruled by the a Cardinal-Patriarch of the Celtic Lollards, which seat will be in the the Imperial Capital of the Isle of Mann.
- The assassins ask who to kill and how much compensation.
- Rasulid Dynasty: Sultan Al-Ashraf Isma'il. The city of San'a is made the capital of the Sultanate. Aden maintains itself as the trading hub of the Sultanate. The Grand mosque of San'a begins to see the picking of where to place the mosque. Al-Ashraf Isma'il begins to work on a navy, first by trying to hire people who can help on this endeavor around the world. We send an envoy to the Banu Yam tribe demanding they join the Sultanate or face an invasion of 12,000 troops. (MOD RESPONSE/ALGO).
- Empire of Ethiopia: The Amharic and Tigray regions begin to integrate currency into their commercial systems, with currency becoming used for transactions in livestock and crops. Tax incentives to encourage the use currency continue to be implemented while the use of currency by most merchants encourages farmers to begin using currency as well. The use of seed drills also spreads throughout the farming community, drastically reducing the amount of manpower and time needed to reseed fields and increasing farming yields throughout the Empire. The trade offices in the Swahili states, hearing more of an island off the coast of the Swahili cities, begins pushing Ethiopian merchants to attempt to find the island and establish a new trade market. While many merchants are unwilling to risk their ships exploring for a new island, a few are tempted by the prospect of an untapped trade market. They begin exploring, using Swahili maps and advice to try find the island. Additionally Dawit continues to read and study the records brought back from Europe, having his firstborn son and Crown Prince Tewodros also study the knowledge obtained from Europe. Seeking to obtain further knowledge from Europe, the Emperor sends a delegation of clergymen to Egypt, where they intend to book passage to Rome.
- Kingdom of Portugal: During his visit to Mali, King Peter-Fernando I heard about an island called Cape Verde which the king quickly got interested in, he tried to buy it but was unsuccessful for now. However, with the rising conflict in Mali, the king decides to fund some of the rebellions in Mali with advice and money and some weapons to further their goals in defeating the vile Malians. Meanwhile, the agriculutral part of the Portuguese ecconomy sees massive funding from the king himself as he stresses the importance of healthy food and stock piling food in cases of famines.
- Kingdom of Eiru: In April plans to continue expansion of port facilities and fortifications in the south are accepted by Parliament but Toirdhealbhach Óg Donn Ó Conchobair refuses and much of the Connacht west of the Shannon agrees with him. Parliament then in part at the urging of John Beaufort, who would be happy for much of western Ireland to become independent to make Eiru more English, refuses to intervene against the violation of Parliament. In June, Brenndanus as the royal steward sends an envoy to Ameraundur of the Celts asking for support in bringing Toirdhealbhach back into line (Scottish response). and leaves for Northern Ui Neill where he forms up an army from his own ancestral lands and before Connacht or Beuafort can react takes his army south and recruits East Breifne and Meath to his side while John Beaufort upon hearing of this allies with Toirdhealbhach and begins an assembling an army of his own and gets the Pale along with the Earls of Kildare, Ormond and Desmond onto his side. Much of the Gaelic lords west of the Shannon join Toirdhealbhach at Tulsk while Brendannus sets up camp at Longford having torched the crossings of the Shannon first. The Celts begin crossing the Irish sea. Beaufort marches out from his base at Dublin aware Celtic forces would be landing in Ui Neill soon. In late July the forces of Beaufort, Toirdhealbhach and Brenndanus are all around 3,000 men each and so Brenndanus aware he is only equal to the two armies individually sends half of his force to skirmish with Beaufort drawing him to Longford where the rest of the army is dug in and Beaufort attacks and is defeated forcing him to retreat having taken modest losses. In this time Toirdhealbhach gets half of his army across the Shannon but Brendannus attacks that and destroys much of the Connacht force which was east of the river. In this time the Celtic van storms Castle Roche via an escalade near Dundalk by night in surprise because it had been believed by Beaufort the Celtic forces would join Brenndanus in Meath rather than attack the Pale and begins a march on Dublin forcing Beaufort to retreat rapidly with Brenndanus in pursuit. Beaufort falls back to Dublin by the end of August and hauls up there where he is cut off. The Scottish are left to besiege Dublin while Brenndanus with Icelandic troops begins a march southwest to attack the undefended Kildare, Ormond and Desmond lands but their personal castles hold out and so he crosses the River Suir. The siege of Dublin continues over winter while Brenndanus storms the poorly defended Waterford in late September with ladders and battering rams and winters there and naval assets join him to try to stop shipping from going west past them. The civil war continues.
- Kingdom of Scotland Dip: We respond to our loyal vassal's plea for support, intervening in the Irish civil war and bringing 8,000 men under the command of the Ameraundur of the Celts Robert I Bruce to support the rightful High Queen of Eiru and Brenndanus the royal steward in their rightful conflict to subdue their revolting vassals and obliterate English influence in Eiru once and for all, with memories of our shared independence war against the English ringing in our mind.
- Tian China: The last troops are withdrawn from Korea this year, as Yi Dan, the rightful King of Korea (who we had been supporting) finally succeeds in overthrowing the treacherous and evil Goryeo Dynasty, who have betrayed China and brought ruin to their people through their many foolish actions. In order to secure his loyalty, the new King of Korea, under his regnal name of Taejo Joseon, is offered the hand of a Chinese princess (a grandaughter of the Zhiyeman Emperor) as a reward for his loyalty to the Emperor. Meanwhile, in other news, the Chinese renissance continues throughout this period, with many Korean scholars fleeing from the civil conflict in the region during the last few years have now settled in China, bringing with them many of their own ideas and introducing them into the general Chinese cultural revolution of this time, fueling the reinvention and reintroduction of ancient Tang era culture and art that has been going on throughout the previous years, with many of their texts, some of which contained useful information about the era and the reign of the Tang Dynasty through Korean state records and literature which successfully recorded much of what had been happening in the era, some of which had been lost to time. These texts are eagerly translated into Chinese, and the culture of the time period continues to be eagerly investigated and imitated. Meanwhile, in international news, we receive requests for mediation in a matter of conflicting border claims between two of our tributaries, the Japanese Kingdom and the Khanate of the Oriots, both of whom are good friends of and tributaries of the Chinese Empire. Although the Empress Regent naturally favours her homeland in this manner, and they are viewed as the rightful owners of the land due to the Yuan Dynasty of Mongolia ceding it to Japan and renouncing their claims to it, she also has no desire to alienate the Oriots, since that would likely lead to further raids and conflict with them in the future, which would be a waste of men and resourses for China when they don’t need to be wasted. Therefore, she attempts to create a compromise between them, which would hopefully satisfy both of them. The Oriots are told of the treaty of Wuwei and why Japan is the rightful owner of the region, but they are granted hunting rights in the region in addition to Japanese ones and they are allowed access to the ports which will latter be created in the region so they may continue having a cone to the Pacific. (JAPANESE AND MOD RESPONSE NEEDED). In further news, the construction of the fortress in Kashgar continues, with it now being about three-fourths of the way done and it’s expected to be completed within the next four years. The empress also orders the construction of a number of forts along the border between China and Korea, in order to stop any further Korean incursions in the future, as they are now viewed with distrust after the previously attempted invasion, despite the relatively positive relations between the new Joseon Dynasty and the Chinese Empire. Finally, in addition to all of this, the Empress receives the request of the Taoists for her to plant 20 million trees, and although she is puzzled by this request, as she does not understand how it relates to the climate in any way like they were saying, she decides to do so in order to appease them and make them more favorable to her interests, ordering the beginning of this project at the end of this year, to be completed within the next 20 years.
- Japanese Dip: We agree.
- The Oirot Khanate are pacified by this compromise.
- The Spanish Crown: With failure at direct battle at Toulouse, Orlando leads a retreat to relatively rural region of Caignac south of Toulouse dragging along behind him Frenchmen who wish to follow in pursuit giving the perception in which the Spanish are in full retreat. At Caignac, Orlando gathers his men at Caignac in which they are greeted with hospitality being protected by the hilltop and the bodies of water near the region for supplying drinks for the men. With the arrival of Frenchmen within the horizon, the plot for the trapping surprise offensive maneuver begins. Scouts start fires within woods in different locations which would consume any supply networks to Toulouse in a raging impassable inferno for the duration of the short future leaving the Frenchmen who had been tricked being put under pressure once more by the Brave Commander. Nearby, siegecraft would be readied along with cannons and such for the barrage against the French on the battlefield whilst the supplies coming in through Carcassonne and the cities of the Mediterranean Coast provide a sustainable route for goods. With this made clear, with the French forced to do nothing but fight with what they have, Caignac becomes the site of an open battlefield, one that would favor the Spanish as they would flank the men down the hill from the sides with cavalry after being barraged by arrows and force to charge as their supplies are targeted and set ablaze while the men themselves are enveloped with the center north and backside route into formation to squeeze out the French making escape near impossible and a route the best case scenario as the English, Burgundians, and Spanish led by Orlando fight against the odds [Mod Response]. Meanwhile, with the news at Toledo coming in from the Council's actions, the news arrives of the King's willingness to comply with the Majority Council of Toledo as an address to the ongoing conflict is made. It is realised though in order to secure peace it is only through the means of victory. The Jewish pogroms around Spain are left mostly unchecked with the issue being addressed that Heathens and Heretics of the one true faith of Catholicism and those outside the Sui Iuris Churches must be removed from the nation as soon as possible with the council deciding upon legislation for such with a draft for the "Toledo Decree" being drawn. Orlando has mixed feelings on this and so too, does his brother but he fears nothing of it as Orlando believes in the what the council is doing to be just. Meanwhile, the blockades continue assisting in Normandy supply shortage against the French. Military presence is heightened in the Basque region to prevent further unrest such as in Pamplona with curfew being set to prevent disorder and any aid the Spanish Crown may deliver being provided. With uncontested waters by the French in the Bay of Biscay for instance, the fishing in the Basquelands boom and more property investment and tax revenue is seen across the Coastal Basquelands, Galicia, and Asturias as a result. Economic stability is also seen in Andalusia with trade brought in from Mali and the Mediterranean reducing disruptions overall and a recovery from earlier periods of unrest. With higher tax revenue and especially more control and influence over the English Channel among other things, funds are provided to the Crown to permit the Council to fund more police which would help keep crime low and help with any unrest. Following the decline of unrests overtime, more emphasis as with the support of the council and even the king who had found himself allied to them is given to the peasant class as they are able to hold municipality leadership more as encouraged for proper local representation. Despite the curveballs tossed athe the Spanish Crown, the best is made with what can be done although a call is made by the King for the nation to pray in hopes for peace as a diplomat is sent to France by the Lourdes Apelación and the Crown in order to attempt negotiations for peace seeing that it is an option everyone would love to see and to show as an example of willingness for the Spanish to cease conflict as the king states "our nation has bled out too many men of god and all we may do now is to prevent more. Until peace, we fight for god and for our nation. May we be protected and blessed." [France Response]. The Lourdes Apelación won't rest until the security of the Crown and Country are secured for future generations. God Bless España, God Bless the King.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": New Liberties have been given by the people of Lotharingia, Such as freedom of Religion. Saint Columbanus messengers once more coming out of hiding in the Wadden Islands, as they long feared persecution from the Monarchy and the Mechelen Parliament. This movement being in hiding for almost 30 years due to the fear of being punished as heretics, The first Colbanus Church opening on the Wadden Islands. The belief and glorification of Columbanus and the squirrel related to it, being declared not heretical by the pope. Thus the belief in the Saint continues over the whole Wadden Islands, the following reaching 1,000 people one more after 20 decades of slow decline. The religion and belief in the Squirrel being bigger in the Wadden Islands due to fact that rodents and the Black Death has caused less death and distruction. The islands being bit more remote then rest of the kingdom, these islands being islands that shield the Zuydersee from the worst of weather. Thus to make sure the peasantry invests their money into the land and into weather resistance, the government does not tax imports or exports to and from the islands. Another Christian movement gaining numbers being the Begijnhoffen, which are a form of more tolerant and less permanent monasteries. The Begijnhoffen allowing the Begijndaards to keep their property so long as it live modest even with them, while also allowing Begijndards to leave whenever they desire. These Begijnhoffen being especially Popular amongst women of the lower class who seek more social and financial liberty from their families or husbands. The order that is best known in Lotharingia being Merchants and Pilgrims of Christ and the order of Nicholas of Bari which gets a new headmaster Philippe Leonard Seghers. Philippe looking into the current situation in Karpathos and the order, The island feeling as not enough land, people and resources to do its own objective. The order's population having grown a lot while not gaining land thus the amount of land per person is not enough to feed the population optimally. So the Headmaster looks into new lands as to use the land they inhabit for farms, and for banks to make more money. As with money more food can be bought, money the order uses to send her members to the Holy Land and help wrecked sailers. Thus the Headmaster requested a representative of Lotharingia and the Holy Roman Empire to represent themselves to the monastery, as the order seeks support to expand. Another faith who seek support at the Jews, as many after two years since they were allowed to settle in Lotharingian cities arrive poor and exausted. The Jews fleeing from persecution in France and Spain. The king and senate seeing it as a way to get more taxpaying citizens and productive workers who will use their freedom of religion and expression.
- Timur Empire: With the defeat of the Golden Horde in the first battle Timur calls on the people to, “Rise against your oppresive nobility who have involved you in their silly rebellion.” (Mod response needed.) Either upon the revolt or if no one rises in the next month Timur would break down the gates and charge in killing any who stand in the way of Timur and his men. He would sends a smaller force of 15,000 as his first charge who will then feign a retreat and try to spread the defending forces out and then they will recharge with a larger force of 40,000 which will split into smaller forces as they push deeper into the city. Timur declares a direct challenge to the Golden Horde Leader stating, “If you want your men to live then you can fight me if not than so be it.” (Algo needed.) (Mod response needed.) Timur’s son looks for suitable brides - specifically, descendants of the Ghengis dynasty. (Mod response for options.)
- Kingdom of France: In light of recent developments, the French delegation agrees to a provisional five-year truce with the Lourdes Apelación, the terms of which allow Spain to keep Béziers and the surrounding countryside. De facto, the Spanish remain in control of their conquered holdings, including the stronghold of Carcassonne, which held out under siege until its bloody conquest in 1389. Those auxiliary holdings are unrecognized, and the Spanish are expected to vacate them. The Spanish war leaders must also return to Spain with their armies. The truce is seen as a diplomatic failure within the court, and France's diplomats are heavily criticized for it. However, it allows the French crown to focus its war efforts exclusively on England and Burgundy. Shipbuilding sees a revival, as the French realize they must be able to hold their own at sea against two neighbors with powerful navies.
- Majapahit Empire: News of China's technological revolution reaches Majapahit through the mouths of traders piquing the interest of Majapahit's nobility and merchants. Open discussion revolves around the court of Majapahit about what the discovery of new technology could implicate for Majapahit's future. Troublesome news flows in from Sumatra about hostilities between the Muslims and monks who travel to convert as they are steadfast in their beliefs. The Raja has ordered the Bhayangkara to start escorting monks into the region in order to safeguard them. The Pasai Sultan has been ordered to allow the Bhayangkara into his lands to safeguard the monks weakening his position in the eyes of his people. Rumors spread of Muslim merchants conducting trade in Arabic and attempting to spread their religion forcing Raja Wikramawardhana to order his navy to strictly enforce his laws on Muslim merchants. More monks have been sponsored by the government to spread Hinduism/Buddhism across the Nusantara. The Pamburusirah have been ordered to start patrolling Cirebon as the Bhayangkara have been stretched thin enforcing the peace across Majapahit. Trade prospers across Majapahit as peace starts to spread across the region under Majapahit's protection and guidance.
The Lourdes Apelación compels the King of Spain to accept the terms of peace given by France, and they write to the military in Occitania asking for them to withdraw back to Montpelier. Even after the de jure end of conflict, the Council tries to maintain direct power as long as they can in order to keep the ambitions of Francesco in check.
The Nyazwe civil war has come to an end, with Matabeland subjugated under Mutape once again. However, in the process the King of Zimbabwe also died, and willed the throne to his grandson who is only four years of age. The weak central government combined with the devastation of the civil war has resulted in the various administrative districts gain de facto administrative and military power, centered around each of their regional capitals as effective city-states.
Bakht Began, the daughter of Timor is married to Muhammad Khan, a prince of Mogulistan (Chagatai Khanate). With Timor fighting against Tokhtaymish, however, a small rebellion occurs in Persia in an attempt to create an independent dynasty centered at Shiraz, led by the Muzzafarid Dynasty. They have a total of 10,000 troops.
A minor rebellion occurs in Poland led by Fyodor Koriatovych, the Duke of Padolia, having about 5,000 troops.
In France, a masquerade ball is held by nobles to entertain the King's son, Louis Capet. A party of several dancers and tumblers are arranged wearing costumes as "wild men". A stray torch causes the building to catch fire, however, killing four dancers and several other servants while the young Prince and the royal court was safely rescued. This causes great suspicion around the French court as to the meaning of this bad omen, with most people pointing to the uses of costumes and dancers as carried over from pre-Christian pagan practices.
King James of Cyprus assumes the title of King of Armenia, since the region of Armenia-Cilicia was overrun by Muslims.
China capitalizes on their technological revolution of last year, and has now produced over 700,000 rolls of toilet paper.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We start to hunt and move around about nation more. We also start to farm corn, squash and more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We expand swiftly southwest and make peaceful contact with any tribes there. We expand swiftly south to the sea. We also expand west. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Swiss Confederacy: As the Kings of France and Spain agree to a five-year truce, the Central Council withdraws the 3,500 Swiss mercenaries in France to allow them to be replenished. The mercenaries return to the Swiss Confederacy and for the first time in over a decade all of the Confederacy's troops are within its borders. Older mercenaries retire while new recruits from the past few years are added to the mercenary force. The joint military of the Confederacy focuses on fortifying the major cities of Bern, Constance and Schwyz by building and upgrading city walls. Some soldiers and mercenaries also work on fortifying mountain passes on the recently expanded southeastern border of the Canton of Chur, while those soldiers that had been helping the Swiss political allies the County of Neuchâtel return to their home nation. The Canton of Chur sends an envoy to their southeastern neighbours the republic of Trent, suggesting to the city council to join the Swiss Confederacy as the Canton of Trent: they would retain domestic autonomy like other cantons and unlike when they were controlled by Venice, but would benefit from greater trade and thanks to the Confederacy's joint military would receive greater protection against their former overlords Venice and the general chaos currently in Italy, and their (formerly princely) bishopric would receive the benefit of greater interaction with the four bishoprics currently in the Confederacy. (Mod response). The four bishops of the Swiss Confederacy are pleased with the truce between France and Spain, though they continue to condemn the ongoing violence on the northern front between England, Burgundy and France. Domestically, the government works on improving roads in the southeastern Cantons of Sargans, Chur and Disentis, aiding local traders and soldiers working on fortifying this area. The marriage of Amadeus V the new Count of Geneva and Louisa Bruce is celebrated, and Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg visits them in Geneva to congratulate them. Heinrich II's son Ulrich VII, impressed with the collecting game of cantonal coat-of-arms cards of the Zürich Library, shows these cards off to other young German nobles, increasing their popularity. Marie of Geneva-Lenzburg and Louis XI Capet have their second child, a daughter they name Henriette (b. 1393) in honour of Heinrich II von Lenzburg.
- They decline.
- Livonian Order: Aware that the pagans they begin to occupy the south and part of the Riga in Christian territory the government of Teutonic works on the new war between our confederation assumes that the Courland that is in control of occupation under request of the order has the new order requested by the Teutonic the grand order Robin von Eltz says the pagans join their confederation soldier to their coast from the west of our Teutonic territory the protection give against to due's new order and conquest such thing of the autonomous branch on improving new establishment of law and such library show most of heritage with the leader of the Teutonic the Livonian built a port in the Riga Gulf among the duchies and the border of the Teutonic's across Eastern Europe and the Baltic Sea though they continue to fight the pagans of opposition of the war of their reconquest and liberation increasing their own population of what is worse and the chief tribes assume would receive some new allies to protect the tribes pagans with another nation and improving their local mutli-ethicity superior of classified of what they're doing well such Teutonic's order receive a letter from the Duchy of Estonia assume they're planned to join the war against them and the mercenaries send by the bishop of Riga and benefit the great government in our Germans state across of our movement and liberty they continue to improving the development's of war armor and settlement to bought that duchy of what who will win or not and the main perspective Robin show the new strategy to occupy to push the Baltic's pagans from the current battle of which is what's going on the Teutonic order now occupies the north of our side has a very relation alliance between two of us and among the knight order for trade's establishment and payment taxes of what they do or exactly the same of what we did the order is very frustrating that the pagans still occupied the gulf and nothing else that can stop it but they send among of German Knight of 15,000 to against the pagans that occupied us for what now the Teutonic positioning the crown of Estonia and a reconquest of the crown of it. Meanwhile, the citizen dues working of their own stuff and praticing Christianity and among scholars they first learn with their own Bible and write them which is paid by the commissions of Livonia and the confederation improve them to give their own food and new settlement with immigration and such town are being marked as a trade's environment and friendly atmosphere.
- Iceland: The Queen decides to tour the Nation during which she’s assassinated and her son Arnar takes the throne, his brothers go different ways: one into the clergy and the other into the military, The Pope is invited to crown Arnar as King of Iceland. “Arnarseyjar” (Gabriel Island and Chase Island) are claimed, along with that a statue is commissioned of Ari Arason. We ask the King of Hungary for one of his daughters' hands in marriage. (Hungarian Response Needed). We send more and more support to the Colonies continuing to send them the regular shipments which contains Greenhouses along with carrots, beetroot and broccoli, barns for more livestock, increased use of fishing both on water and ice, constructing Oighear boats.
- Papal States: Pope Clement VI asks the name of the the cleric chosen as the Patriarch of the Cletic Lollards, so he can be created as cardinal [Scotland response needed, please]. The shipyards of Ostia and Civitavecchia continue to produce galleys, while Cardinal Peter Phillarges oversees the training of new troops in the military center of Rome. (Secret) Another letter from the Societatis is sent comissioning the assassination of Baldassarre Cossa, a canon of the cathedral of Bologna. The letter says that the Societatis consider him dangerous for the future of the Church and offer 100,000 scudi for his death. However, the pope and the Curia can't know about it (End secret) [MOD response needed, please]. The health of Pope Clement VI starts to decline. Due to this he sends a letter saying that he will not be able to attend the coronation of Arnar as king of Iceland, but he sends a golden cross blessed by the pontiff.[Iceland response needed, please].
- Icelandic Dip: We accept.
- The attempted assassination of Baldassarre Cossa is the most hamfisted plot that has happened in the Vatican for some time. The thugs who accept the job show up reeking of wine and being incredibly intoxicated. They announce themselves theatrically the second Cossa is alone. Not only do their boisterous remarks attract attention, Cossa thinks the whole affair is a joke. He bursts into laughter, provoking the thugs, who assault the man. Armed men arrive to defend Cossa before the thugs can do too much damage. The 'assassins' are quickly beaten to a pulp, taking their secrets to the grave.
- Sweden-Norway: Margaret of Scotland gives birth to a son in April. However, three days before he is meant to be baptised, the newborn dies of a fever. Algot Magnusson becomes more influential, as he becomes a member of the Privy Council, although this pits him against other nobles. Development occurs in Finland as roads are built, connecting towns on the southern coast.
- Kingdom of Eiru: With Dublin still under siege in the new year a number of sorties are attempted but fail to break the siege lines while naval forces strangle the city. Beaufort who holds Fionnuala and their son Eoin agrees to parley and Brenndanus arrives to negotiate where they agree to resolve their differences with the Beaufort (representing the Pale), Kildare, Ormond and Desmond all agreeing to marry one of their daughters when there is one available to a man of Brenndanus choice and yield half of their lands to their daughter and new son in law. This establishes the lesser Kingdoms of MacCoughlan, Kearney, Ó Cuinn and Ó Dubhthaigh. Additionally the Earls all agree to new taxes on land and movable property along with the rest of the Irish House of Lords and Commons to pay for new defences and transport links within Ireland. The troops wintering at Waterford accept the surrender of Cork and Wexford. Meanwhile, the 3,000 troops from the Anglo- Irish come under Brenndanus and the Celtic confederacy command giving them some 14,000 troops who begin a march onto Connacht where Toirdhealbhach Óg Donn Ó Conchobair asks for parley but is refused and he flees the country rather than fight while the individual Kingdoms of Connacht bend the knee in the face of the large army. O'Brien's and Burkes give up land to Ormond and Desmond due to Ormond and Desmond having lost half their land to their new sons in law while land is granted to the Earl of Kildare between the Mayo-Burkes and O' Flaherty's. Celtic troops are sent home after this victory. The war's end leaves the Anglo-Irish having given up lots of their land to new Gaelic lords while they have gained land in Gaelic areas leading to an increase in the cross transference of the two groups.
- Kingdom of LOotharingia: "Were Di": The Order of Bari together with the The Nubian Knights of Saint Nicolas of Bari prepare themself for a crusade against the Muslims of Africa. To set the Nubians of Africa and re-establish Christianity's role on the African continent. To see all Nubians free and prosperous, thus headmaster Philippe Leonard Seghers calls upon all Christians to help. The order asking upon the crusader orders which are left to help, such as the kingdom of Cyprus. (Mod response). The Order of Bari is hoping that the King of Cyprus will see that the tripolitanian weakness can be exploited to expand the Christian faith once more and convert pagan Mohamedans. The Nubian knights of Saint Nicolas of Bari numbering just over 1,500, 500 of these soldiers being Nubian Christian converts while the rest are European knights - most of them Roman. The King of Lotharingia personally supporting the movement, he allows Lotharingians to join the Nubians knights without any issue. The King seeing the order of Bari, as protecting Pilgrims and Christian bussines in the Mediterranean. The king sending some copies of some Lotharingian books, while looking for some information on Tripoli and the languages spoken there. The Order of Bari and the Rex Lotharri wanting to legitimise and revive culture of the area. While in Aachen the first ever Elections of the Senatus Regus Lotharri, thus electing 358 members. Although some members were able to be re-elected, one of these members being Franz Ackerman. Ackerman being one of the first of the new Peasant Bourgeoisie, who earn a lot of money through farming and selling their goods overseas. These peasants being able to move into the cities eventually and trade their hard labour in for working in guilds and companies, these peasants becoming overseers for nobles and landowners. Thus they gain from the work of their former colleagues, creating wealth for them and devoloping new Burgerkultur.
- King James of Cyprus offers the help of some of the Latin League to help Bari on their Crusade.
- Sweden Dip: King Birger of Sweden, Norway, and Denmark, after consulting with Archbishop Karlsson, sends 200 of his knights under the leadership of Lord Algot Magnusson to aid the Order of Bari. In addition to this the king also sends weapons such as swords, shields, and bows. The knights travel to Hague by ship, from there they travel to Venice by land, and then sail to Karpathos.
- Papal Diplomacy: Pope Clement VI gives his blessings for the Crusade and offers four of the new galleys produced by the improved shipyards of Ostia and Civitavecchia.
- Roman Empire: 1393 is a year or peace and stability in the empire. The cultural resurgence of the previous decade returns in part but the continued instability in the west and disruption of eastern trade routes degrade the revenues of the merchants. Consequently, Europe and the empire are forced to rely more and more heavily on luxuries produced in Anatolia, Egypt, and the Levant. The silk industry takes off with supplies from China totally cut off domestic producers take advantage of high prices and work to increase production. Both raw and finished silk is exported in relatively high volumes, carried to ports of sale by the merchant fleet. Enamel is exported in the form of high end cookware and tableware across Italy and beyond. Perfumes and incense produced in western Anatolia are exported as well, largely to serve the demand for incense in Catholic churches. The Basileae consolidate their rule, expanding the Exovestiaritai to a force of 2,000 and establishing a Taurian Guard of 250 formed of Tauris (Crimean) Goths and others from the region. The manpower available to the Themes is cataloged and men of military age are expected to train in basic formation fighting and weapons for four weeks a year between planting and harvest. Merchants continue to be incentivized through reduced leasing costs to frequently stop in Antalya and Sinope and do business with the Greeks in the cities, preserving Greek culture and contact with the outside.
- Warring States of Mesoamerica: The Third Stage of the Flower Wars continues as the fallout from the first stage continues to appear throughout the region. Iuihua and Yaluk II, dual monarchs of Chichimeca, begin raising what will be the largest army ever built in Mesoamerican history. Motivated by their faith and rumors of the failed Pantheon in Tarasca, Iuihua is once again transported inside his dreams to the world of spiritual perfection. Finding enlightenment inside this dream, he speaks among what is derived as the true Pantheon, featuring Xarátanga, Cuitzeo, Pehuame, Curicaveri, and Auicamine. Iuihua asks them about his position in the world, in which Xarátanga recalls that he is the chosen one, meant to bring balance to the region. Confused as to how he must accomplish such a large task, Cuitzeo and Curicaveri declare that war must be used in accordance, however, they tell him that sacrifices to their lineage must be abandoned in Iuihua wishes to be successful in his campaigns. Understanding this, Iuihua is sent back into reality, as after sharing this knowledge with Yaluk II and the Chichimecan Ministry, collectively form the State of Xaroyaca. Xaliscan Cazonci Panen invades the weakened Tarascan Theocracy, challenging the power of the Twin Cazonci's. The Mixtecan Cazonci, Moyolemina, raises his own army to fight against the Huastec-Toltec influence in the northeastern portions of his state. The largest timber vessel to be made so far, holding 30 people, is made this year. Literacy reaches ten percent this year.
- Council of the Vinlandic Tribes: The peoples that once were Vinland are fractured. From all sides, dark-skinned people try to move in. The people have no food, no security, and no work. Despite previous conflicts, five out of six of the Vinlandic tribes meet to come up with a plan. First, Egviðr Aðagisilsson steps up. He leads the Fráhamr tribe, the largest of them, numbering about 940. The next most powerful leader, Einráði Dólgþvari, lögsögumaðr of the Fyrirtúlka, who number about 760, joins him. They discuss the woes of their peoples. The three lesser leaders present stand to the side, discuss how to fix it. The leader amongst the weaker groups, one Ólaver Leifsson, stands tall. He stands out in a room because he is generally the tallest man there, with a jawline more-well established than any mountain the world had seen. Ólaver Leifsson gets onto the table and brings the room to silence. He proposes a solution. He asks for the resources to send an expedition south, to find a new home, warmer, where things grow. This is granted by all but Egviðr, who thinks it is a waste of time and resources. Egviðr instead wars with the dark-skinned men, taking their hunting grounds. Thus Ólaver sails with 42 men.
- Kingdom of England: With the decisive Anglo-Brugundian Victory on the fields of Rouen, Anglo-Burgundian Forces sweep through Picardy unopposed. However, with France signing a truce with the Spanish and redirecting their troops against the English, Henry Bollingbroke assembles a mighty force of 25,000 English troops and 18,000 Burgundian Forces and and sends a force of 3,000 men to bait the French into following them to the small city of Compiègne where the 43,000 Anglo-Brugundian Forces await them having seized the city during their Picardy Offensive and now fully entrenched and ready to fight the French in another decisive battle. Meanwhile, John II accepts the Pope’s proposal from last year as he continues the persecution of the excommunicated Radical Lollards. (Papal Response Needed.) In addition to this John II voices his neutrality in the conflict in Ireland as many English Nobles and some within the English Parliament urge John II to intervene but John II refuses unwilling to spark a potential conflict with Ireland and Scotland.
- Timur Empire: With the second victory in a row Timur views little reason to send more than 30,000 to end this Golden Horde rebellion and he himself heads south, his new second in command is dispatched with 30,000 to deal with the second rebellion. Timur himself heads west and begins his attacks on the Abbasids. He takes a force of 60,000 to Baghdad where they begin a siege and sack nearby villages for their resources. His son takes a different 60,000 to Bursa to do similiar things should either come into contact with an actual Abbasid force of larger than 40,000 they are to break the siege and get a message out to the other force from where they will organize into a force of 120,000 to defeat the Abbasid force. (Three or four algos needed, depending.) Timur's son continues his search for appropriate brides. (Mod response needed).
- Kingdom of Scotland: David III Bruce marries Joanna of Auvergne and Boulogne in St. Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh the whole realm is overjoyed as bells ring harmoniously to celebrate the newlyweds. Also King Robert II Bruce feels so much accomplished that he married all four of his daughters into such prestigious houses and honorable people such as Louis d'Évreux, Count of Étampes and Guînes that married Isabel Bruce, Waleran III of Luxembourg, Count of Ligny and Saint-Pol that married Alison Bruce, Amadeus V of Geneva-Lenzburg that married Louisa Bruce and Geir Prince of Jan Mayen that married martilineally with Sophie Bruce. King Robert II Bruce strives to became regarded as a fair King by his subjects, in a bid to ensue his legacy for posterity. He tries to arbitrate between nobles and peasants alike trying to solve disputes as fairly as possible his capabilities allow him to. Our army of 8,000 men under the command of King Robert II Bruce returns home victorious, in a highly celebratory mood, as we've achieved our overall goal in Ireland, assisting the rightful High Queen there, which is also our relative and a close ally. The Imperial Capital of the Isle of Mann having taken advantage of all these years of peace has transformed into a rather booming and prosperous trading hub, where Scots, Irish, local Manx and even some persecuted Welsh people who fled have settled here and enriched its atmopshere, turning it into a rather multicultural and cosmopolitan hub. Great works are proclaimed in the Imperial capital by the Ameraudur of the Celts Robert I Bruce, such as strengthening its already very defensible walls and developing its surroundings, the vast countryside of the Isle of Mann.
- Majapahit Empire: The Bhayangkara have begun to serve in a peacekeeping capacity across the territory directly controlled by Majapahit. The continued peace brings newfound levels of prosperity across the Nusantara as Majapahit's navy protects trade from pirates and polices the waterways. Recognizing the large area that must be covered by the navy it is divided into five fleets to better patrol specific areas across the Nusantara. News continues to flow in from the Pasai Sultanate of unrest at the unopposed spread of Hinduism/Buddhism. Cirebon continues to grow and develop as the center of power across Majapahit as more and more come to the heart of the Empire to conduct trade and seek an audience with the Raja. The Raja has decided to start ordered the development of gunpowder weapons in order to maintain the edge in technology. The growing power of the merchants guild begins to concern the nobles of the court and the Raja as they gain an increasing amount of influence and leverage through their monopoly on trade through the region forcing the Raja to start removing the privileges that made them so appealing to merchants such as implementing a light Perdagangan tax and preventing the government from supplying weaponry as well as opening guild ports to private merchants and other guilds drawing the ire of the guild. The royal patronage of Buddhist/Hindu monks continues with them continously being sent out into the Nusantara with some even traveling to the land to the south.
- Kingdom of France: The Battle of Caignac, coming on the heels of Toulouse, was another decisive victory for the French side. Despite fresh reinforcements from England, the Spanish-English-Burgundian army was shattered by a numerically smaller force led by Louis X. With the Spanish now in full retreat, the emboldened French troops capture a lot of undefended holdings in Occitania. News of the battle coincided with peace negotiations in Spain, and gave the Truce of 1392 a great deal of legitimacy. Although the king fought bravely, he was wounded severely, and in 1393, Louis X breathes his last breath. Before his death, the king was heard praying that God would guide his successors to victory, have mercy on those who wronged him, and bring peace to the kingdom. At the funeral, it is remarked that the old king died in the company of his comrades. He fought until the end against invaders, as he had done his entire life. Superstitious folk associate Louis X's death with the bad omens wrought by the burning men in Paris earlier that year. His son, crowned Louis XI, takes the throne at age 31. In quite the opposite sentiment to that of his late father, the new king vows swift revenge upon the enemies of France. He raises 30,000 troops from the loyal fiefdoms, and merges them with the other forces in northern France. At the same time, the majority of levies in the south of France are moved to the north, except for about 2,000 which are kept in defense of Toulouse. That puts a total of 78,000 men in northern France, spread throughout the region of Picardy. Naturally, the armies are commanded by Louis XI. Shipbuilding continues in the western harbors along the Bay of Biscay, and in the few Flemish ports which remain loyal to the crown. Talks with the Lourdes Apelación continue, with added pressure to evacuate Occitania completely after two resounding defeats. The Truce of 1392 is upheld - no fighting has occurred there since the Battle of Caignac in 1391.
- Empire of Ethiopia: Ethiopian merchants, using Swahili trade maps and advisors, are finally able to find the large island off the coast of the Swahili city-states. First contact is made with the natives there, an African people known as the Sakalava. The Ethiopian merchants offer gifts of iron, gold as well as silks, dyes, and textiles to the Sakalavan chiefs in order to begin trade relations with the various Sakalavan tribes. Currency continues to be infused into the Amharic and Tigray nations of the Empire, with many peasants and merchants adopting currency to pay their taxes and to more easily sell their products and purchase their own goods. In order to accumulate more gold for the infusion of currency, the export tariffs to Mali are raised, leading to a steeper trade deficit between Mali and Ethiopia. In Mogadishu, the rivalry between Somali and Ethiopian weavers boils over, leading to many of the Somali weavers petitioning the King to expel the Ethiopian weavers, which he reluctantly does. The King of Ajuran, however, compensates the weavers for lost goods and property. The expulsion of Ethiopian weavers from Ajuran causes a wave of Ethiopian weavers moving back into Ethiopia, carrying trade secrets and knowledge with them. The expelled weavers quickly set up shops in the Imperial cities, including Barari, where numerous weaving factories are established. This finally leads to a general improvement of Ethiopian textiles. The native Ethiopian textile weaving industry begins to produce high-quality textiles. To increase cotton production to feed this new industry Ethiopian farmers continue expansion into the Ethiopian highlands, claiming most of the temperate lands there as cotton farms.
Pope Clement VI dies of natural causes. A new conclave is held to elect the new Pope.
Caliph Al-Mutawakkil issues a fatwa against Timur during the siege of Baghdad, and urges all Muslims to consider the Timurids an anathema. This is not very effective.
Fazlallah Astarabadi, a prominent Sufi Mystic in Iran, suffers a leg injury on his way to the city of Esfahan. After being shunned from any help by a variety of other sects, he begins having prophetic visions and dreams that inspires him to write his own works of theology.
Having been defeated at the Battle of Terek River, Tokhtaymish flees from the Golden Horde and seeks haven in the Duchy of Lithuania. He petitions King Wladyslaw to help him raise an army to take back the Golden Horde from Timur's hegemony.
The attempted assassination of Baldassarre Cossa is the most hamfisted plot that has happened in the Vatican for some time. The thugs who accept the job show up reeking of wine and being incredibly intoxicated. They announce themselves theatrically the second Cossa is alone. Not only do their boisterous remarks attract attention, Cossa thinks the whole affair is a joke. He bursts into laughter, provoking the thugs, who assault the man. Armed men arrive to defend Cossa before the thugs can do too much damage. The 'assassins' are quickly beaten to a pulp, taking their secrets to the grave.</u
<u>The expedition of Egviðr is completely killed by the Mikimaq people, leading many chiefs of Vinland to consider assimilation of the darker people to be a better approach.
In England, Geoffery Chaucer begins composing a massive work of English rhymes and folk literature, known only as "the Canterbury Tales". Knowing how monumental this is, Chaucer petitions King John to give him permenant royal funding.
After the mass Jewish pogroms across Spain in previous years, many nobles and local officials in France spreads rumors of Jews similarly being a problem that plagues France. They urge the new King Louis XI to find a permenant solution to the Semetic people.
The German nun and mystic Dorothea of Montau dies in Prussia, and is found having a stigmata after her death.
King Taejo of Joseon moves the capital of Korea to Seoul.
- Joseon: Upon relocating the Korean capital to Hanseong King Taejo of Joseon marries the Chinese princess Tian Meng, who he was offered the hand of two years before, commerating the move with a dynastic act of love and power, uniting both the Tian and Joseon Dynasties. King Taejo's marriage is attended by the Joseon Military as a show of respect for their King and their General who still leads and commands them. King Taejo honors his military for their show of honor and courage in the Civil War and for their acts in uniting Joseon under his rule. Since the military is in King Taejo's palace it is transformed into the Hanseong National Military Academy where King Taejo personally trains his men, the military and the Joseon state becoming one, for Taejo is both King and General. The Joseon Military quickly becomes the most prestigious entity in Joseon and gives the greatest oppturtunity for advancement in Joseon, with the National Academy providing vigorous and much needed training for both veterans and new recruits alike. The Joseon Military implements a meritcratic system where examinations are conducted to give each soldier their most suitable rank and position in the military. King Taejo first trains his Joseon military on the doctrine of core center and flexible flanks, where the center is an unyielding defense while the flanks are flexible, manueverable offense, able to strike anywhere at any at any time. The Joseon Military is first commanded to physically rebuild the Joseon state in the aftermath of the Civil War, primarily its infrastructure, which wins the popular support of the Joseon people and strengthens the Joseon state. After two years of peace, farms start recovering and food production goes up once again, as does overall production, especially for military interests. A small garrison overlooks the Chinese fortification of the Chinese-Korean border and minor defensive fortifications are constructed along the Yalu River, copying the actions of the Tian Dynasty. Away from the Tian's eyes, however, are the major fortifications built along the Taedong River, with Pyongyang becoming a major fortress and the secondary capital in case Hanseong falls. Though military build up is being conducted, Joseon and Tian are united, for Tian and Joseon soldiers fought as one in the Joseon Civil War and built a deep and everlasting friendship, the cultural and technological surge coming from Tian China also unites the dynasties as the dynasties are united in marriage between King Taejo and Princess Tian Meng, where King Taejo Joseon swears to protect his wife and the Tian Dynasty for all of his life, proclaiming that Joseon shall forever be Tian's place of refuge if it ever falls, but for now the Mandate of Heaven falls upon the Tian Dynasty, upheld by King Taejo Joseon collapsing Goryeo and transforming it to Joseon.
- Empire of Ethiopia: More Ethiopian merchants begin establishing trade with the Sakalava tribes in Western Madagascar, continuing to trade high valued products for slaves and other goods. With the creation of another merchant fleet, the Ethiopian trade guild now runs three fleets of merchant ships who pool resources in order to facilitate trade easier and to spread losses. The guild creates a system wherein the Ethiopian trade routes are divided into four regions, with the Red Sea trade being one region, the India Sea trade being another region, the Swahili coast trade being the third region, and the overland trade routes to Mali being the fourth. Each overseas region is assigned a trade fleet in order to develop trade relations between specific merchants and their contacts. Each region is also managed by a merchant appointed by the Ministry of Trade. The trade fleets begin trading in their specific regions. Additionally, each trade region is assigned a city to serve as the trade fleet’s base of operation. The Red Sea trade fleet is based in Massawa, while the Indian Sea trade fleet is based in the Imperial Trade Guild’s office in Kochi, the Swahili coast trade fleet is based in Mombasa, and the Mali trade region is based in Weri'kama Beri. The trade guild’s restructuring is primarily to increase trade profits, decrease domestic competition, and make Ethiopia’s trade system more efficient in responding to the demands of the Empire. The Ethiopian textile industry begins to steadily develop, with weavers pooling resources to establish larger factories in the Imperial cities. Laborers employed by these workshops are paid in currency, allowing for a larger number of workers to be paid in a more organized manner. The Ethiopian delegation to Rome departs Egypt and arrives in Rome, asking the Pope permission to establish an Ethiopian embassy in Rome in the form of an Orthodox Church amongst the Coptic community [PAPAL RESPONSE].
- Livonian Order: Assisting, the Teutonic leader's assume being establish some states in their territories to the system and the confederation of our of what is going on Robin, insists engaged in a crusade against the pagans of the territory the Teutonic pay a fracture tax by the authorities of the duchy the gulf of the territory, affirms that the knights insists its crossing here for the new order the bishop of Riga says that the pagans are invading the duchies since that the Teutonic chief begins to prepare with the crusade they build a big bridge to get rid of pagans by the West Sea to get them the community insists on converting to Judaism or to the Christian religion led by the Catholic churches of their part the Swedish knights prepare to go to their side of the Teutonic to protect all the states under order's perspective the employer of the duchies establish some workshop in the central's part the Teutonic people constructing among of trade route to fleet of what is based those workshop are in paid for trade and commerce for allowing a large establishment toward the hostility's government and the factories which is paid by the order The Duchy of Estonia being to developed some new boats Swedish for the battle current in a way of organization sent by the commissions minister at the monastery of the chef order the Teutonic resposing in demand to establish some base military in Estonia, to gain power for the branch autonome's province and the economy perspective to not increasing them' Robin and the count of the duchies send among of soldat that are side of 15,000 to organized them against those pagans Baltic and led by the Teutonic's knight across to their state - but anyway, a base is built up and conquer by the Teutonic in the state of duchy of Courland among then the Estonians plan to attack the pagans to developing new ability and concept that is being paid by us the development assume Robin make a hard work toward the payment and organization the Swedes for what now they're trying to get out the pagans allowing for a larger Estonian army and Finnish of knight to work to be paid and to make an organization's state for the Teutonic order and the other branch of what they control.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We start to hunt and move around about nation more. We also start to farm corn, squash and more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We expand swiftly southwest and make peaceful contact with any tribes there. We expand swiftly south to the sea. We also expand west. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Iceland: The shipments of assistant colonial products to the Colonies, the Earl of Arnarsland sends an expeditionary force to try to find Vinland. (Mod Response Needed.) We ask the Scottish King for a daughter of his in Arnar's hand in marriage. (Scottish Response Needed.)
- Georgia: With Tamar II in her mid-sixties, she expands the role of her intended successor – her only child Bagrat V, in the Georgian court. To cement ties with the Hulagusvhili's (a Georgianized cadet branch of the House of Hulagu, the penultimate dynasty of the Ilkhanate), Bagrat V marries Mariam Hulagushvili, – the niece and adoptive daughter of Paul Hulagushvili. By the end of the year, the couple announces the birth of a healthy baby boy; they name him Anastasios II after his paternal grandfather Anastasios I "the Great". In spite of Mariam's famed beauty and virtuosity, Bagrat V finds himself rather disinterested in his wife – a sentiment to which she is oblivious of; perhaps due to her excessively optimistic outlook or her flaw of being too easily pleased. Bagrat V nevertheless abides by his mother's will. Aside from the usual duties as expected of a crown prince (with the "semi-retirement" of his mother, he is now the de facto leader), Bagrat V spends most of his time playing equestrian sports and partaking in military drills. His engagement in said activities – along with his height, his brawny frame, and his outgoing and charismatic constitution – have built him strong rapport with the Royal Guard. Due to a shortage of arable land in eastern Anatolia, some Turkish nobles willingly relocate to other areas of the Georgian Kingdom, especially Shirvani or Azerbaijan where the popular tongue is intelligible to them. Silver and copper ores are mined in Imereti and Kartli, respectively; this underpins a vibrant and developed economy. Foreign trade flourishes and brings much wealth to Georgia. Cotton, wool, ceramics (earthenware, lustreware, and glass), and rugs/carpets constitute the most important trading goods; enamels, saffron, dyestuffs, raw silk, wine, and oil are also traded.
- Warring States of Mesoamerica | State of Xaroyaca: The Third Stage of the Flower Wars continues as the fallout from the first stage continues to appear throughout the region. The State of Xaroyaca disrupts the Second Tarascan-Xaliscan War by invading Xalisco and Tarasca both while Panen and Necalli are leading their own separate armies into each other's territories. Under the military leadership of Yaluk II and various unknown Chichimecans, the sands turn red as soldiers of both Tarasca and Xaliscan heritage are slaughtered by a force greater than their own; a force of true faith that has manifested itself into power. Although Necalli is able to retreat back to Tarasca, Panen of Xalisco is captured by Yaluk II, and although Yaluk II nearly sacrifices him to the Pantheon, Iuihua stops him shortly, telling him that sacrifices to the Pantheon shall be abandoned per request from the Pantheon themselves. Iuihua meets personally with Panen, explaining to him that Panen will retain dynastic rule over Xalisco for the foreseeable future if Panen institutes Teōmaticolli over standard Purepechan polytheism as well as pay small tribute to Xaroyaca's high office. Panen accepts, returning to his throne now under the control of Iuihua.
- Sultanate of Hindustan: After the subjugation of South India was complete and the Sultanate of Maabar was established, a period of general peace and prosperity followed from 1376 until 1384, when the last of the Great Khilji Sultans, as historians have called them, Fateh Shah Khlji died and was succeeded peacefully by his nominated successor, his younger brother Sultan-i-Hind Mohammed Asaduddin Khilji. Sultan Asaduddin nominated Fateh Shah’s eldest son Nadir Shah Khilji and was succeeded by him in 1391, the year when the rebellious Mohammed Haydar broke away from the Sultanate. Mohammed Asaduddin stood by the Dustur, having been one of the people instrumental in its creation. However, he was an inefficient administrator and the Department of Intelligence progressively weakened, leading to a significant increase in corruption in the civil and military administration. The administration weakened significantly under his reign but was able to keep the Empire together. The accession of Nadir Shah Khilji spelt doom for the Empire, he came to Delhi, reluctant to leave the city of Tis Hazari in Arakan, a city which he had created. He decided to do nothing when Mohammed Haydar broke away. Nadir Shah Khilji was an incapable administrator and a great patron of the arts, engaging in daily discussions with Sufi and Bhakti saints and hosting parties every evening featuring music and food of the finest quality. While this kept those close to him happy, several powerful and ambitious nobles were quite angry with him and had begun making plans to suit their ambitions. The Belur Sultan converted to Islam, becoming a part of the Chishtiyya Sufi sect, this year, causing unrest in his Kingdom. The tradition of Qawwali was by now well established in Indian cities and towns. Amir Khusro came to be widely known as the Father of Qawwali. The port cities of Bharuch, Thatta, Khambhat and Surat were by now home to a bustling community of Venetian, Egyptian, Ethiopian and Yemeni traders. A small community of Zimbabwean traders also resided in these cities at this time. Over all these years, the Maabar Sultans had been somewhat successful in reviving the Tamil naval traditions.
- Mali Empire: In the aftermath of the Keita-Sefawa War, Mansa Simba worked on institutional reforms to restructure the Mali Empire into a fully modern state. The military was reorganized to use a chain of command and order of infantry similar to Spain and France, while still retaining honorifics and titles suitable to their tribal clans. The older Manding secret societies were gradually being phased out, in favor of fully embracing the mass education system first implemented by Mansa Musa. Closely modeled on the private education systems of Florence and Milan, this early version of public education was neither free nor universal. It was largely restricted at the time to the elites and middle classes, as well as mainly used by Manding and Berber populations only. The minority ethnic groups in Mali were relegated to policies of forced integration, enforced out of fear of following the fate of the dwindling Songhai culture. Many people on the frontiers of the empire were used as a consistent source of slave labor, on the pretense of buying their freedom after adopting Yunni Islam and learning to read and write in Tameshq. With the loss of the largely conservative Sunni Arab population in Bornu, the Mali Empire was more free to embrace more liberal arts in their education and popular culture, gradually setting the seeds for westernization in the coming generation. Even so, this wasn't an adoption of any European centric culture to West Africa, as the vast majority of art and literature was taken directly from Moroccan, Sudanese and Andalucian traditions. Simba focused more heavily on influence of the Atlantic Ocean, using the new ships purchased from Portugal and Spain as the new model for the Malian navy. New ports and forts were constructed on the Gorgades Islands, which continues to have wildly-fluctuating population. To help facilitate the improvement of naval technology, Simba founded the University of Dakar as a second major institution after the University of Timbuktu. A third major education institution was also made in the Sidinate, but permitting them to continue teaching in a Dutch-Arabic creole. As a thanks for their services, Simba offered a very favorable and respected slave named Aisha as wife to the son of Emir Mikhail, named Jibril. Still, this wasn't a completely peaceful time. A plot was orchestrated by the Prince of Waalo named Issa, using funding and weapons purchased from the King of Portugal, in an attempt to asassinate the Mansa. Simba uncovered this plot after torturing some slaves of Waalo, and had the princes immediately exiled. In response to this act of sabatoge by Portugal, Mansa Simba hereby decrees that no purchase of weapons from Portugal of any kind is to be permitted.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": Ferdinand Carel Bulle Becomes the First chancelor of Senatus Regus Lotharri. Thus he becomes the second most person in the Kingdom, only Second to the Rex Lotharri. The Chancelor calling for the Support for the Nubian Knights of Saint Nicolas of Bari, The chancelor and king agreeing to send out a newly recruited Cohort from the Königliche Garde Johanns des Siegreichen. Thus increasing the Numbers of the Knights to 3,000, as the Order of Bari prepares itself for a Crusade against the Pagan Africans. The Order of Bari calling on the Legacy of the Latin Africans, The last legacy of the Roman whose people survived the fall of the empire. These people keeping loyal to the Roman ideals and Christian faith, who did not change faith or traditions even under the Islamic caliphates. But they eventualy died of due to the repression of their Culture, Language and faith. Thus the Königlich-Lotharingische Marine Sends all of her five galleys and 20 cogs for the transport of troops, this free of charge although for it Chancelor wants to have no Lotharingian vessels tolled or taxed. The Order of Bari stalling the Attack once more for a year to prepare the army even more, to be able to buy better cannons. Even with official peace the Bari ships begin to harrass the ships of the Hafsids, in order to cut down on their supplies.
- Swiss Confederacy: As the French-Spanish truce agreed upon in 1392 is maintained, the Central Council continues to let Swiss soldiers and mercenaries recuperate, though they are considering to redeploy them to the French-English conflict within a few years if said conflict is not resolved by then. Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg attends the coronation of King Louis XI of France, husband of Heinrich's niece Marie of Geneva-Lenzburg, in Paris. The joint military of the Confederacy focuses on fortifying the roads and mountain passes at western border of the nation in the Cantons of Bern, Fribourg and Basel-Bishopric as conflict continues in France. Though the republic of Trent had declined to join the Swiss Confederacy, the Canton of Chur sends them another envoy to ask if they would at least like a political alliance with the Confederacy that would give them defensive benefit against Venice and other Italian conflicts. (Mod response). Meanwhile, their neighbours the Canton of Disentis send envoys to some villages south of their border and southwest of the Canton of Chur, extending south to Roveredo and Misox, suggesting to them to join the Canton of Disentis for defensive benefit against Italian conflicts and economical benefit of the Swiss Confederacy's infrastructure and trade. (Mod response). Hearing of anti-Jewish efforts amongst the French nobility and realising the threat of pogroms starting there, the Central Council sends an envoy to King Louis XI of France, proposing that up to a few thousand Jews could be relocated from France to Switzerland, which would benefit the Confederacy with extra labourers and would give the French king the benefit of being seen as "doing something about the Jews" while decreasing the risk of violent pogroms. (France response). Domestically, the government works on improving food storage in the nation's major cities to increase the food supply and decrease the risk of famines. Bishop of Basel Ludovico Mazzo condemns the mysterious murder attempt on Baldassarre Cossa in the Papal States, though the other Swiss bishops remain silent on this matter. Sales of the Zürich Library's coat-of-arms cards continue to increase due to Ulrich VII von Lenzburg's involvement, to the point the Bern Library starts to try to curry favour with him to promote their Aragonese-style playing cards as well. Wenceslaus II, Duke of Saxe-Wittenberg (1374-1394), Elector of Saxony and son of Agnes von Lenzburg, dies suddenly of a disease at just twenty years of age. Anna of Saxe-Wittenberg (b. 1377), Wenceslaus II's only surviving sibling, is the apparent heir due to Wenceslaus II not having had any children yet. She becomes Duchess but the seat of Elector is effectively left vacant due to the agnatic bias of this system, creating some unrest among Saxon nobles. Agnes von Lenzburg, together with her brother Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg, in order to resolve this situation, proposes to the Houses of Saxe-Wittenberg and Mark to arrange a marriage between Anna and Engelbert IV, Count of the Mark (b. 1376), who is the son of Michelle of Anjou-Lenzburg and Anna's second cousin once removed through the House of Lenzburg. This marriage would allow Anna to be Duchess while making Engelbert the Duke of Saxe-Wittenberg jure uxoris and allowing him to become the Elector of Saxony to fill this vacancy; a firstborn son of this marriage would then be heir apparent to both the Duchy of Saxe-Wittenberg and the County of Mark in personal union. (Mod response).
- Misox and Roverdo accept.
- Trent accepts an alliance, being cautious to prevent being forcefully incorporated.
- The marriage is accepted.
- Kingdom of Portugal: After hearing about the plot the Malians uncovered, a naval squadron under the command of Rear Admiral Duarte is sent to the coast of Mali as a threat and to persuade tha Malians not to try anything against us. (Malian response needed)
- Japanese Empire: Emperor Kammu celebrates a victory in the arbitration between the Oirots and the Empire of Japan securing his borders further. This results in a steady gain in prestige and legitimacy for the new Emperor. Having continued the legitimacy of the emperor by his own right of rulership as well as clear support of the Chinese Empress regent, Emperor Kammu consecrates a day of the year to celebrate the relationship between the two Empires. Further development of Manzhuguo is undertaken with a series of small towns cropping up along the Great Manchu highway and a branch of this now designated roadway being carved out to reach Amuraji. the series of towns have sprung up around the supply outposts built by the army a few years prior with authorization to use the supplies to help develop and grow the small towns most of which have only have 150-200 people. More farmlands are set up but it becomes clear that with the growing fishing settlement of Omura (named after the settlements founder and OTL Olga) that fishing is the very clear driving factor for food in the region. The Census of the region is finished with about 25,000 Japanese and roughly 300,000 Manchus being in the area with the vast majority of all of them being relatively new to the region as a result of new immigration or wholesale resettlement following the most recent Oirot and Tian wars against the Yuan remnants. So far the policies of appeasing and giving vast land reserves to the Manchus is successful, However, more and more people from the disturbed or failing tribes attempt to take up residence in Aimoi or some of the smaller towns looking for a more stable non-nomadic life. This, however, is very clearly only in the weak or failing tribes which are effectively unable to sustain themselves without joining another tribe or a settlement. At home the Nagoya and Osaka castles continue to be build in what becomes known as the military quarter of both cities with their expected completion date within the next few years holding artificially built up ground and a commanding view of the entire city. Hokkaido is finally given a serious dispensation into building the heavily engineered roadway network the other main islands have and imperial engineers are sent in to begin the construction at Hakodate to more effectively connect and centralize control over the island outside of just forceful imperial control. Sakhalin continues to see some growth as well as the primary economic factors of logging and fishing take off as well as the influx of fur trade coming from the mainland from ranging parties that are sent to collect furs. The outposts in the Luzon islands expand lightly with more trade being conducted with the natives and further expansion of the tribal towns near the trade forts continuing.
- Tian China: The Chinese Renaissance continues as Chinese culture continues to thrive and evolve, inspired by the culture, architecture and literature of the Tang era. This is shown in the release of several great works of art as the renissance continues. Among the most important and latter interesting of these is the writing of the begging of the latter expansive work of fiction known as “the soldiers tale”, by the increasingly famous poet and author Liu Yi, a former soldier and veteran of both the Chinese intervention in Korea and the last war against the Mongols, who has now increasingly turned to writing and poetry in his latter years as he grows older, becoming increasingly famous for his artistic writings and poems, and his unusual vernacular style of prose, which begins to grow increasingly popular throughout China during this period, as many other members of China’s quickly growing literate population are entertained by his unusual venacular style of writing, which is much more loosely defined and longer style of writing, which is a sharp departure from the usual styles of writing which were popular in previous eras. The soldiers tale, a story of the travels of a wandering soldier in the Imperial army and his fights and adventures in Korea and Manchuria, inspired by his own experiences in those places, is his magnum opus in this regards, and although it will be very similar in many ways to many other works of travel literature which were popular during this time period, its unusual style and ability to fill in details and detail things which would be considered too “vulgar” in many other works at the time, which typically imitated those of the Tang era, inspired by earlier works such as “journey to the west”. In addition to this, the settlement programs in the more recently established Chinese provinces continue, as Han Chinese settlers from throughout the empire are encouraged to Imigrate into the newly established communities and settle into the areas, which are often fairy empty for a variety of reasons, such as the populations fleeing during the wars between the empire and the Mongols (this is especially true in the Chinese controlled parts of Manchuria, which were the site of heavy fighting previously which motivated many of the locals to flee into other areas such as the Japanese controlled part of Manchuria). This also leads to the establishment of many new villages and towns of mostly Chinese settlers, several of which would latter grow to become major cities of the Chinese empire, such as Zhongchao (OTL Tongliao) and Taiyuan (OTL Chaoyang (the city not the park in Beijing), the city of Shenyang also becomes a major focus of Chinese settlement, as many Chinese settlers move into that region in particular, displacing many of the locals and beginning to build it up into another major Chinese city in the region. Meanwhile, in the former Korean regions of Manchuria which we have now conquered, we increasingly do our best to move many of the Korean settlers in the region to areas much farther inland, to help settle them for the Chinese empire, while we also begin moving increasing amounts of Chinese settlers into these already somewhat affluent regions to replace them, a process that will take a long time but also continue to ensure the loyalty of those regions to the Tian dynasty and China, well simultaneously helping to heavily settle inland areas of Manchuria it would be hard for us to get settlers for. This will also have a notable effect in the language of the area, with many of the settlers in Manchuria of Korean descent speaking a dialect of Chinese that heavily resembles Korean in some respects in the future, although it is obviously heavily influenced by Chinese and mostly considered a dialect of the language. The building of forts along the border with the uncontrolled parts of Inner Mongolia continues as we wish to protect against raids, well the building of the fortress in Kashgar is now only two years away from being complete.
- Kingdom of France: In response to the numerous complaints against the Jews in France, Louis XI decides that action must be taken. Thanks to the outreach of the Swiss Confederacy, an alternative to complete expulsion can be achieved. It is decreed that several thousand Jews (about one-third of the total population) will be relocated to Switzerland. This should have the effect of reducing tensions in France and preventing the outbreak of violence. Shipbuilding efforts continue steadily in the Bay of Biscay.
- Roman Empire: Trade from Georgia westward continues and 1394 builds on last year’s successes. With Europe totally dependent on Byzantine merchants for many goods due to the disruption caused by Timur and the war in the Muslim world trade profits are high. The silk industry continues to boom and production increases dramatically as trees begin to mature and reach productive age. Enamel, perfumes, dyes, incense, and silk constitute the bulk of the exports, but wine and olive oil can be found travelling northward to Poland and Hungary as well. The resurgence of trade supports a renewed interest in ancient works, particularly those of Democritus, Euclid, and Pythagoros. The teachings of these philosopher-physicists inspires many merchants to invest a significant amount of leisure time to unraveling the secrets of the universe. Philoponian Impetus is conceptually revived and discussed in depth. Nicolaos Kontolis develops a proof for the divergence of the harmonic series, employing mathematical logic to demonstrate that the harmonic series does not converge to any point. These philosophical debates spread with the merchants to other parts of the Greek-speaking world where they begin to revive the idea of Hellenism. The Nicean Empire had made significant use of this idea to justify reconquest against the Latins, but this form of the idea is more true to the roots of Hellenism. The merchants begin to carrying the ideals of Hellenic Greek and blend them with Christian ideals. Among the Hellenic ideals are those of sport, the pursuit of knowledge, justice, and bravery. The long disused Hippodrome becomes a center of public sport sponsored by several prominent Hellenoi, Hellenic-influenced merchants. The sponsors determine to hold yearly games in the format of the ancient Olympiad, with running, wrestling, and the Pentathlon. All Greek-speaking people are given opportunity to participate and all are welcome to spectate the events.
- Poland-Lithuania: Wladyslaw I receives Takhtaymish and his request with great enthusiasm and calls his forces onces more to descend onto the steppes even while there is an ongoing revolt. The collaboration with the now deposed Khan who not a few years ago caused then an embarrrasing defeat,enrages many in the Sejm and amongst the Lithuanian aristocracy, The cities in particular are furious at the likelihood of higher taxes, and dwindling trade because of war of the Steppes. Wladyslaw also appoints his brother Prince Skirgaila which angers much of the nobility in Lithuania due to his perceived incompetence in the field. The growing isues with the present monarch lead many to desire a change in regime. However, the minority of both his children leaves an issue of succession for them, In the middle of all of the this the Duke of Trakai, Vytautas long sidelined by Wladyslaw from politics but once a strong supporter of the Crowns of Poland and Lithuania manages to persuade some of the Polish Sejm and most of the Lithuanian Nobility to back his claim to the throne should anything happen to Wladyslaw. Meanwhile, he also secures the support of Waldemar Ostrogski who commands a great deal of loyalty amongst the army to commit to his plot to sieze the throne in exchange for a vast gains in terms of land and wealth in future conquests. A secret envoy is sent to The court of the new Khan and to Timur offering to Kill the deposed Khan and the troublesome King Wladyslaw I in exchange for a treaty establishing relations and border disputes with a mention of a one-time tribute being offered in exchange for settling the dispute and the opening of trade (Timur response, please.) Meanwhile, an offer is made to the Bug Kozaks led by Hetman Nikolay asking them to support Vytautus in this plot assuring him that the lands of the Kozaks will be expanded to the Dnieper with the city of Kiev being granted to him (Mod response).
- Timur agents: The message barely makes it past Timur's people in the Golden Horde land. However, knowing Timur is nowhere near, they accept this on his behalf.
- Timur Empire: Following Timur’s failure to conquer bBaghdad and his men’s success he decides that the Abbasids can be managed by his son and leaves him to manage them with 70,000. (Algo needed.) Timur moves to raid against India with a force of 90,000 leaving 20,000 behind for any potential counterattack he moves his force under Timur’s direct command will travel Multan to Lahore, Ludhiana and then New Delhi, in an attempt to eliminate Hindustani forces from northwestern India. Thus allowing Timur to bring the lands under his control. (Algo needed).
Habemus papam! Florentine Cardinal Andrea Franchi is elected the new pope, who takes on the Papal name Gregory XII. Representing the newly independent Republic of Florence, he represents the interests of Italian republics amidst the growing Renaissance philosophy and Humanism.
With the fall of Baghdad, the remainder of the Middle East falls apart into various smaller nations that were formally nominal vassals of the Abbasids, namely: Mosul (northern Iraq), Aleppo (northern Syria), Tripoli (Greater Lebanon), and Damascus (rest of the Levant).
The Caliph Al-Mutawakkil flees to Damascus, but is unable to stay long because of the ongoing chaos. His cousin, Al-Wathiq, approaches Timor with a deal: he will submit under Timor's rule and give him support as Persian Shah, in exchange Timor supports him as Caliph of Islam and allows the Abbasids to remain living in Baghdad unharmed.
While England and Burgundy have effectively occupied the regions of Normandy and Picardy, the ongoing conflict between England and France have reached a hault. With the logistics and resources of the region unable to fully supply such large armies this many years, the various nobles commanding both militaries have frequently been abandoning the campaign to resupply their armies elsewhere. This draws the most recent battle of the war to be inconclusive.
With the Occitania Conflict concluded, the nobles in France are much more wary of devopting much of their levies for a single campaign, now that they no longer suffer from outside threat, and no longer led by the charismatic and beloved leadership of Louis X. This further hampers France's ability to raise more troops.
Latin Patriarch Paul Palaiologos Tagaris dies of malnutrition. His will insists on having a grand mausoleum created, honoring his mangificent deeds as Patriarch of Jerusalem, Constantinople, and the Churches east of Durazzo, son of a Byzantine Emperor, and Imperial Pontiff of the New Rome. Among his possessions are found sketched designs he was attempting at a flag for "New Jerusalem".
Owain Lawgoch, Duke of Wales works to consolidate more effective power by assuming control of various castles along the coast and Severan River. He issues an appeal to the English Parliament that his title should be elevated to Prince of Wales, and be granted the privilege of collecting all the taxes in the nation on behalf of King John.
Modena quickly grows in power across central Italy, absorbing territory form Milan just east of Parma. The Lord of Modena offers a hefty amount of money to Emperor Vincent, asking to be granted the title of Duke of Modena.
Count Albert Pigtails of Habsburg dies, and is succeeded by his son Albert IV. He continues to lay claim to the Duchy of Austria, now no longer recognized anywhere in Germany.
The Serbian Empire starts to collapse, with Bosnia and Zeta splitting off as independent Kingdoms.
The Gyeongbok Palace is built in Seoul.
The Theotokos Vladimir Icon of Kiev is transferred to Novgorod, the true defender of the faith.
John Rykener is arrested in Oxford for dressing as a woman and soliciting men as a prostitute. He is charged by the court for cross-dressing, but people of the church say he should be brought to an ecclesiastical court for Sodomy.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We start to hunt and move around about nation more. We also start to farm corn, squash and more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Kingdom of Scotland: Ameraudur of the Celts and King of Scotland Robert Bruce threatens England with war on behalf of the entire Celtic Confederacy on support of his ally Owain Lawgoch, Duke of Wales if his demands are not met. [English Player Response] King Robert II Bruce also offers to his old ally Owain Lawgoch to reaffirm our alliance, asking for his daughter's, Katherine ferch Owain, aged 18, hand in marriage, to marry King Robert II Bruce's second son, aged 18, William, in exchange we offer our unlimited support against England and any other adversary of his, in the spirit of the Celtic Brotherhood. [Mod Response] King Robert II Bruce strives to became regarded as a fair King by his subjects, in a bid to ensue his legacy for posterity. He tries to arbitrate between nobles and peasants alike trying to solve disputes as fairly as possible his capabilities allow him to. Last year David III's wife Joan II of Auvergne and Boulogne gave birth to a son. He was baptised as Edward. The Imperial Capital of the Isle of Mann having taken advantage of all these years of peace has transformed into a rather booming and prosperous trading hub, where Scots, Irish, local Manx and even some persecuted Welsh people who fled have settled here and enriched its atmopshere, turning it into a rather multicultural and cosmopolitan hub. Great works are proclaimed in the Imperial capital by the Ameraudur of the Celts Robert I Bruce, such as strengthening its already very defensible walls and developing its surroundings, the vast countryside of the Isle of Mann.
- Owain delays response to this request, not wanting to incite England into charging him with treason unless his request to parliament is denied.
- Roman Empire: Basileus John VII hails the birth of his firtborn son who he names after the ancient greek historian Herodotus. The child is somewhat small at birth, but survives the year. In response to the growing hellenic movement in the city, Andronikos quadruples public support for education in an attempt to revive and modernize the ancient educational systems within the empire. The Pandidakterion is given funds to remodel its facilities and the old system of independent tutors centralized into more cooperative education. Andronikos personally patrons a School of Aristotle and Plato (Σχολή του Αριστοτέλη και του Πλάτωνα, Scholí tou Aristotéli kai tou Plátona), supporting a great body of work surrounding the Aristotelian idea of Politea and Colegios. Himself a student of Aristotle, Andronikos begins writing an extensive political treatise on the practical implications of Aristotelian politics. He advocates for organizing politics along the lines of the Colegios. He points to the success of the Syndikáto Empóron in helping the emperor develop trade policy throughout the book as justification for his ideas. John VII, greatly influenced by the popular philosophers of the day and by his father, is an even larger supporter of the arts. He provides support to the School of Mathematics (Σχολή Μαθηματικών, Scholí Mathimatikón), encouraging the study of the natural world. The Syndikáto Empóron also provides private support to education by pooling donations and dues to finance the School of Astronomy (Σχολή Αστρονομίας, Scholí Astronomías). The military school established by John V is rolled into the Pandidakterion (Πανδιδακτήριον). Zeno Akropolites and Georgius Stauricius, both now reaching their elder years, expand upon the curriculum and themselves teach at the school, developing a new generation of young strategoi. Most notable among the students is Alexander Tagaris, a second cousin of the infamous Paul Tagaris, and prominent young member of the Tagaris family. Alexander shows promise and is directly tutored by Zeno Akropolites in the arts of war. The burst of education spending extends down the spectrum to primary schooling. Although the system of grammatistes of the past has degraded significantly, portions of it remain in the regions near Constantinople from which Andronikos hopes to rebuild the ancient and successful system. At least a third of the new education spending is directed toward rebuilding the system which shall be first extended northward across the European Themes before being reintroduced to the Anatolian Themes. A smaller portion of the budget is directed to rebuilding the even more degraded system of grammatikos for those students of higher promise and standing. The arts also flourish in this time with sculpture and architecture becoming major pursuits. Painting, while less important in the artistic scene, is no less appreciated with several famous workshops in Constantinople producing high quality art for merchants. The first new Olympiad is held and is considered a great success. Men from all walks of life participate in the games with several members of the Tagmata even winning running and wrestling events. Basileus John VII attends and participates in several of the running events, placing second in the Diaulos. Andronikos is also present and presides over the festivities which are inaugurated and blessed by the Emperor and the Patriarch of Constantinople respectively. Donations are also raised to rebuild parts of the Hippodrome to their former glory and create an annex for wrestling and other less space-demanding games. The policy of summer military drills is formalized into a two week policy. The Themes are responsible for the gathering, training, and supplying of thousands of men over the summer, providing food and wages to compensate for their time. Those with sufficient wealth may instead pay a fee to avoid this training, but may still be expected for military service. The hope is to create a strong military core with disciplined soldiers who know formation fighting and the weapons they will use. Much like the pope, Basileus Andronikos IV opens the borders of the Empire to Christians from throughout the Middle East, sending a blanket offer to help settle them safely in the borders of the Empire. (Mod Response).
- 13,000 Christians move to the Byzantine empire, mostly Orthodox with some Syriac and Catholic.
- Kingdom of France: Enlistment, peaking last year, now enters a trough. With the Spanish threat having been removed for the time being, and the addition of more troops clearly becoming a burden on the nation's economy and stability, 32,000 extraneous levies are disbanded and allowed to return home. This will ensure that no manpower goes to waste - manpower that could do more service behind a plow than behind a gun. After seasons of skirmishes and feints in Picardy, the French campaign becomes more direct and aggressive under the leadership of Louis XI, whose varied cabinet of commanders endorse unorthodox tactics. Rogerin Hérisson leads 13,000 men on a seaward march along the Seine for the purposes of reasserting control over eastern Normandy and securing the port of Le Havre. The main army of 35,000 under Jean de Valerie follows and supports that vanguard. Both armies eventually collide with an English force somewhere between Rouen and Paris. French envoys reach out to Burgundy for peace, arguing that this war bears no resemblance to its original form, and that the duchy has little stake in it anymore. Fleet-building continues at a fever pace, as French sea raiders begin operations in the Bay and Channel.
- Empire of Ethiopia: The Empire continues to infuse currency into the Afar and Somali regions of the Empire. To encourage Somalis to adopt the currency, tolls imposed on Muslims to use the roads are collected in currency. Additionally, a new law is passed requiring fees paid to enter Imperial marketplaces be paid in currency. The University continues to accept the children of nobles and the upper class. However, the numbers of children continues to increase as more and more merchants and weavers enter the upper class, filling the University to its capacity. For the first time, the University is forced to turn away applicants, sparking complaints from the families. Ethiopian merchant fleets continue to sail in their respective territories, with trade remaining a solid portion of the Ethiopian economy. However, domestically made textiles continue to develop as well, with increasing number of peasants becoming weavers. This results in larger amounts of affordable domestically made textiles becoming available to the Ethiopian public. The Empire’s infrastructure is maintained, with the newly developed roads in Ajuran connecting the new vassal Kingdom to the Empire. Ethiopian settlement of the highlands continues, with most of the new lands claimed as cotton farms to feed the new textile industry. The infusion of currency and its adoption by the population allows for new forms of businesses to form. One new business which forms is a coffee shop, where people can buy coffee already brewed and drink it with company in an establishment. Coffee shops begin appearing at Imperial cities, with the populace quickly taking a liking to this new establishment. The Ethiopian delegation in Rome asks the new Pope for permission to establish a Coptic Church amongst the large number of Coptics living in Rome to act as a sort of embassy for Ethiopia [PAPAL RESPONSE NEEDED].
- Swiss Confederacy: The four bishops of the Swiss Confederacy urge France, Burgundy and England to establish peace as the long conflict between them finally seems to be winding, or rather grinding, down. However, the Central Council continues to pay close attention to this conflict and its participants. Some Swiss mercenaries remain on reserve for potential redeployment to France on orders of the Central Council, but most of the joint military of the Confederacy moves to focus on fortifying the mountain passes and roads at the recently expanded southeastern border of the nation in the Cantons of Sargans, Chur and Disentis. The several thousand Jews relocated from France to Switzerland are distributed within the nation; those considered the most skilled or intelligent are settled in the major cities of Zürich, Bern and Schwyz to be craftsmen and merchants, while the rest are settled in the rural areas in the Cantons of Bern, Lucerne, Uri, St. Gallen and Montfort to work as farmers and lumberjacks. Related to this, the government works on expanding farms and improving the production of lumber with this newly added workforce. On the 50th anniversary of the nation's 1345 census, the Central Council commissions a new census of the Swiss Confederacy. (Mod response). As part of the push for peace in the Anglo-French conflict, Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg sends an envoy to Edmund, Duke of York, the brother of King John II of England, proposing a marriage between Heinrich's son Ulrich VII von Lenzburg (b. 1373) and Edmund's daughter Constance of York (b. ~1375). (England or Mod response). After a dispute between the patricians of Bern and Fribourg, the Central Council intervenes and ultimately an agreement is made wherein the northern half of the Gruyère area in the southwest of the Canton of Bern is transferred to the Canton of Fribourg (OOC: this makes the Bern-Fribourg border the same as it was OTL after ~1555). Bishop of Sion Édouard of Savoy dies and is replaced as bishop by Guillaume IV of Raron. The Central Council sends an envoy to Pope Gregory XII, requesting him to create the new Bishop of Sion as cardinal to replace the deceased. (Papal response). Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg attends the celebrations of the wedding of Engelbert IV, Count of the Mark to Anna, Duchess of Saxe-Wittenberg, which Heinrich had himself arranged and makes Engelberg the Elector of Saxony by jure uxoris. The Canton of Bern sends an envoy to the County of Neuchâtel, encouraging them to join the Swiss Confederacy as the Canton of Neuchâtel as they have already been in a political alliance with the Confederacy since 1382, the Confederacy has helped them fortify their borders against the conflict in France and this would give them the additional benefit of access to the Confederacy's infrastructure and trade network. (Mod response). At the urging of the Bern Library, Heinrich II's son Ulrich VII takes an interest in the Bernese Aragonese-style card games, which are more typical tabletop games compared to the collecting and trading game of Zürich, and promotes these as well, increasing the sales of these cards to other young nobles. However, all this involvement with playing cards does garner Ulrich VII a reputation as a kind of frivolous playboy amongst some other local nobles, particularly older ones. Meanwhile, Ulrich VII's brother Otto von Lenzburg and his first cousin Henry of Geneva-Lenzburg both join the Order of Divine Mercy at the Priory of Schwyz.
- Population is found to be 730,840.
- Neuchâtel agrees to join the confederacy.
- Majapahit Empire: Intent on securing the rest of the Malay Peninsula an offer is given to all remaining Kingdoms up until Ayutthaya to become tributary to Majapahit (Mod Response). Trade continues to prosper across Majapahit as the Empire continues to maintain the peace through its massive navy composing of ships of all sizes. Raja Wikramawardhana continues to do all he can to limit and weaken the concerning amount of clout the guild has managed to amass. Monks and their attempts to spread Hinduism/Buddhism continue to be sponsored by the government and are ordered to give gifts of precious metals and spices to natives wherever they go in order to entice them. The government under Raja Wikramawardhana has begun to provide patronage to scholars and the like in order to give Majapahit the edge in competition from military to economic matters.
- Trangganu and Kelanten accept, the rest do not.
- Papal States: After the end of the conclave, Andrea Franchi is crowned as Pope Gregory XII in a ceremony in the Basilica of Saint Peter. His first act is to choose Aubert IV of Habsburg as Papal Vicar of the Patrimony of Saint Peter. The Holy Father creates as cardinals Guillaume IV of Raron and John of Bavaria (Liege). With the chaos in the Middle East, the pontiff sends letters to Christian communities living there, offering protection in Europe [MOD response needed, please]. Seeing the expansion of Modena as dangerous, the pope proposes a defensive alliance between the papacy, Milan and his home, Florence [MOD response needed, please]. The pope declares Margaret the Barefooted as Venerable. Pope Gregory XII allows that the Ethiopian Coptics build a Coptic church at Rome to work as their embassy. A man is found dead in the Tiber River. He was stabbed to death and has a stylized cross burned in his chest. An investigation is started to search about who he was.
- Many Christians come to seek refuge from the Middle East, mostly Syriac with a few Orthodox and Latins, numbering about 4,500.
- Florence agrees to a defensive pact. Milan agrees to ally against Modena, but otherwise doesn’t want to be in the same pact as Florence.
- Livonian Order: The crusader continues to fight in the duchy against the pagans until the Teutonic's border that is being securised by the knights of those leader at the branch autonomy somewhat the economy is due to improving in a reputation of nobles German and the positions that the sale are paid for the route commercial of our duchies state and the order's Teutonic branch state that control us of course it is. The Swedish nobles insisted took to participate in the war against the pagans as a kind of collapse's environment with the duchies and are more typical the congress is annoyed that the tribes's still focusing on the conquest and the battle of our territories among power nations in Europe and the Baltic Sea which Robin had led himself to help the Duchy of Estonia with the help of Swedish mercenaries as the chief order to had a protection since this year at the arguement leads the Finns to assume that the Livonian order had the first contact with the Scandivania and othernation to both join the order at the capital of Livonia Robin is requesting him' that he send a commission to Duchies of Estonia to gain more soldier to fought the pagans with its and that become more westernized in the Riga's peninsula as the order continue to send expansionist in their peninsula and duchies are ordered to gift to had some Swedish knight and Danish the government as work a lot for this Plan's against the pagan and Robin's daughter which she would lead rule a duchy from the House of Eltz's and the landmeister could overruling occupying the size of Baltic in order those locals noble part of the family discuss with a plan very strategy and organized among the German nobles of Livonia, which Estonia would like to be introduced for it as a helper to improving the current war the congress literally among acceptable having a discusion with the duchies and such preparation across the order and branch of the Teutonic to avoiding the pagan invaders that led us to give a new work to improving those state the congress send to Estonia to had more protection with courland to maintance avoiding the pagans's invader in this crusade or war that actually touch a conflict on the duchies and try to avoiding's them in competition of military and market building of the landmeister as send for them for the royal local House of Eltz the local landmeister was a high office that is still occupied in the Teutonic Order to administer the Livonia state of the Teutonic state the hospitalisier the paganism still occupied. Surely the reponse to authoritians and the war under of the Teutonic that break' them.
- Kingdom of England: With Owain Lawgoch making demands to be elevated to the position of Prince of Wales, the English Parliament agree to grant him such title at the condition that he does not accept the Scottish Proposition to marry Lawgoch's Daughter to the Second Son of the Scottish King as well as refusing any sort of alliance with the Scottish and cutting all ties to the Kingdom of Scotland. (Mod Response Needed) As England has remained neutral during the brief Rebellion in Ireland in which England could of had intervened and aided the Rebels, John II expects the same from Scotland as he does not wish to intervene in Celtic Affairs but expects the Celtic Confederation to do the same and not interfere with English Affairs. Just in case the Celtic Confederation does attempt to intervene militarily, John II sends a force of 10,000 men into Northern England and Wales to ensure that a Scottish Invasion would be halted while mobilizing a fleet of 85 ships into the Irish Sea and the Celtic Sea to ensure that any Irish invasion force would be halted. Meanwhile, in France with the War entering a stalemate, Henry Bolingbroke decides that the best way to win the war would be to fight a decisive battle. After learning that a 45,000 Strong French Army would be marching along the Siene River toward Rouen, Henry Bolingbroke moves his force of 43,000 men to Vernon intending to halt the French Advance and defeat their forces in order to force the French to sign a treaty which would allow England to annex Normandy, Picardy and Aquitaine. With this both French and English Armies prepare to clash in a decisive battle that may determine the outcome of the Early Phases of the Lancastrian War.
- Owain accepts this proposal.
- Mali Empire: Mansa Simba continues his administrative and institutional reforms, as is the case for much of this decade. The much reduced and formalized military of Mali continues to be advanced in their training and armaments to be based on the French model, but retaining many traditional systems of the Manding tribalism. It's very likely that the artillery technology of gunpowder was researched and recorded at this time in the Library of Timbuktu, but no more cannons were added to the army at this point. The education system continues to be developed and instituted along the Tuscan model, in conjunction with the forced integration policies and slavery. The Dakari Atlas, now in the National Museum of Timbuktu, was first made around this time, depicting a functional navigation chart of the whole world known to Mali at the time. Similar documents make reference to globes being built in Niani and other cities, but none of these have survived. Simba's focus was still primarily on the sea, and he desired to create a firm naval defense plan out of fear of the military presence of Portugal. The Malian navy was still being developed similar to the ships bought from Europe, which saw the construction of the first Malian galleys this year. Simba personally designed a system of coastal defenses using claws and pulleys, similar to the model of Archimedes of Syracuse. Archaeologist as early as the 19th century have uncovered many of these experimental defenses, although it is unlikely any of them have ever seen combat. Art and literature continues to make Mali appear on the outside to be a carbon copy of the Islamic golden age. Seeing the chaos in the Middle East, Mali reaches out to invite any wandering pilgrims from the Levant to be taken as refugees along the caravan routes to come live in Kanem or Gao, especially the middle class artisans, merchants, and other educated people. [MOD RESPONSE].
- Iceland: The King decides to marry an Icelandic woman and chooses Henrietta and they have a son named Domnhall. We continue our shipments to the Colony but we try to send again to try to find Vinland. (Mod Response Needed).
- Kingdom of Portugal: King Peter-Fernando I travels to Gordes where he holds a speech in both French and Portuguese. The speech is very well received where he also announces the creation of the Guarda Real da Cidade de Gordes, a military unit composed of citizens from Portugal and Gordes in charge of protecting it from foreign powers. Meanwhile, the naval squadron in Mali reports back to the king about the coastal defences and proposes that an ultimatum should be sent to Mali. Meanwhile, the spies in Mali continue their work in recruiting disgruntled Malians to their cause.
- Kingdom of Eiru: We make no comment on Owain Lawgoch and his discussions with the Kingdom of England. The civil war between the Gaelic monarchists and the Anglos and separatists is over and the peace terms continue to be implemented with the exchange of lands between the Gaelic lords newly created and the transfer of lands from Connacht to the Anglo- Irish lords. More land enclosure in Tir Eoghain is carried out. Construction work continues on Blackrock castle at Cork along with work beginning on Fort Duncannon to guard the entrance to Waterford the second city of Ireland. Supplies are dispatched to Iceland for use in Greenland. Construction work is resumed on ports while the construction of canals to make river transport more economical is investigated.
- State of Xaroyaca: The Third Stage of the Flower Wars continues as the fallout from the first stage continues to appear throughout the region. The State of Xaroyaca, this year, conquers the weakened Tarascan state, forcing the Twin Cazonci's to submit. After Cazonci Necalli and Nelli's sister, the Tarascan Cīhuapīlli Papan, becomes the first wife of Iuihua, the Tarascan theocracy becomes incorporated into the greater Xaroyacan State. Although Cazonci Necalli and Nelli of Tarasca remain governors, Nelli is sent to begin the campaign against the Huastec-Toltec kingdoms. Yaluk II continues his campaign southward into the Mixtecan city-states. Iuihua meets with the Nahuatl Cazonci, Nochma, whom provides a few legions to Iuihua's cause based on Iuihua's reputation as the true Prophet spreading rather quickly across the territories of Mesoameria.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": The Middle East collapses with the Fall of Baghdad, thus headmaster is Philippe Leonard Seghers holds talks with the members of the Order. The talks including monks, merchants and representives of the foreign governments over what steps should be taken. The Order of Bari and the Foreign representatives, they decide that Lybia and جَنْزُور (Janzur) will be the place of attack. With the Lotharingian Royal Navy helping out the order shipping soldiers to Janzur, which the soldiers refer to as Jeantieu. Which is a Frenchified name of the Town, as the order wants to relatinise the area. The town having 10,000 soldiers land waving the Manner of Christendom and the Flag of the New Proclaimed Kingdom of Tripolitania. The Kingdom of Lotharingia and the Holy Roman empire Recognising this state as soon as the news of its creation reaches. The King and Senate trying to mostly keep the peace, and get the institutions of the empire going well. The Senate using the Legacy of the Heyst Rebellion, and the ability to keep civilian life going well with minor disturbances.
- Latin Empire: The beginning of the year marks a time of sorrow with the Latin Patriarch of Constantinople Paul Palaiologos Tagaris death due to malnutrition. Emperor Richard de la Roche takes his will into consideration and lays the groundwork for the Tagaris Mausoleum to be built in Mystria and this is expected to be complete in six to ten years. Emperor Richard De La Roche condemns Byzantine Basileus Andronikos for hailing the death of this prestigious person. The Emperor sends an ambassador to Rome to ask Pope Gregory XII for another Latin Patriarch and to make that said Patriarch a Cardinal as well. (Papal Response Needed). With the collapse of the Serbian Empire underway Emperor Richard recognizes the Kingdom of Bosnia and the Kingdom of Zeta as Sovereign nations and he sends Ambassadors to both of their kingdoms to establish friendly relations. Christian Refugees start arriving in the Empire and start to seek shelter. Emperor Richard de la Roche allows them to settle in the southern Macedonia region of our nation to become Trappers for fur or farmers and also to make it easier the Emperor on the Refugees gives a discount price for each acre of land that the refugee wants to purchase. In the Principality of Achaea Duke Charles III dies but he dies without a heir so five powerful lords battle for control of duke but in the end Lord Pedro de San Superano becomes Prince of Achaea. His first action is to find a wife. So he asks the Emperor for help and then Emperor Richard De La Roche visits Neopatria and asks The Dutchess of Neopatria Mary Farique to allow for Duke of Achaea Pedro De San Superano to marry her stating that it would benefit our nations the best. (Mod Response Needed). In the Despotate of Eripus Despot Esau de' Buondelmonti wife Maria Palaiologina dies leaving Esau a widower. In the Kingdom Of Albania Queen Helena Thopia has a conflict with her half-sister Niketa Thopia when the latter attacked the city of Krujë due to here being angry she was the one on the throne and not her but resulted in Niketa's death. In the City of Thessaloniki many merchants from Venice and Genoa start settling here causing an economic boom in that region. Emperor Richard De La Roche sends 4,000 troops (Mainly veterans of the war in the east) to Karpathos to participate in the upcoming crusade to Libya. Farms on the Island of Tinos as started to improve and the Duchy of the Archipelago starts to have more food to feed people.
- They agree to the marriage.
- Japanese Empire: It has been over 80 years since the official conclusion of what has been coloquially called the Kenmu restoration. A celebration is held by Emperor Kemmu who in good keeping with the the rising heian culture poetically calls the spring "the season of restoration". A chaotic day begins at the Councillor General as a series of lower daimyo speak out against the growing influence of the Kensei Order and the redirection of valuable Ronin from their courts. Traditionally used as military and even labor manpower the Ronin having ever increasingly been drawn to the imperial army and kensei order. The Order now boasts nearly 10,000 direct members having grown heavily in the last few decades. Another issue brought to light is the corruption rampant within the land redistribution system implemented by emperor Yoshishege. Competing purchase claims and shifting of administrators has produced conflicting claims to land between mostly Daimyo clans. Multiple small conflicts have erupted with the homeland of clans being attacked in various areas of Japan. It clearly has begun to affect how law and policy is conducted on the more local elements of administration. A lack of imperial oversight in this matter has begun to exacerbate the situation as shouting matches and even a duel are recorded within the Councillor General. This prompts the emperor to act as the Joen votes with clear bias toward addressing the issue (and hence their ability to remain unaffected by this.) The wars between Daimyo is reiterated to be utterly illegal and that disputes should be handled diplomatically or in a duel of honor. He repeats these words in the Councillor general late in January during winter. It is later revealed to him that 14 duels had occured and 18 people had died as a result. Kemmu is caught completely off guard when the entire councillor general dismisses itself from the capital city with most of the lesser daimyo returning to their holdings. Kemmu and the Joen are completely in the dark on how to handle the situation and they begin looking into haphazard ways to prevent the conflict. From ideas of mediation all the way to straight up bribery it becomes clear the lesser daimyo have serious quarrels with each-other as well as the imperial government. They seem to see their status as having been degraded. Their core forms of manpower and labor having been eroded by imperial institution and a monastic warrior order intent on turning all ronin into peacekeepers. As the levys are raised Kemmu looks to lead the army but is stopped by his elderly but still relatively healthy grandfather. In a strange request Katsumoto says he will lead the army prompting many to attempt to intervene on behalf of his health. This is met with a forceful rebuke as he says "his honor was waned in the closing years of his life, it must be brought back before i die." Retired Emperor Katusmoto then departs with the 30,000 strong imperial army with most units having been recalled from Manzhu for this. He encamps his army close to the largest of the upstart daimyo and begins speaking with many in an attempt to curry favor or simply delay the conflict from occuring until a situation can be worked out. It is estimated that nearly 18,000 men have been raised to arms between all the lesser Daimyo in an attempt to reassert ancient rights. While this occurs within the lower nobility, the regions under control of the Aristocrats, Four noble houses, and the trade guilds remains at peace and relatively prosperous. It seems as well that all of the frontier or newer provinces have been relatively quiet as well as previous developments continue in earnest. The construction of the Hokkaido roadway network begins with the first stretch of road between Hakodate and Sapporo being put under construction. The Imperial navy having been given great budget due to the trade income flowing into Japan now boasts nearly 130 of its Naru-atakebune, 400 of its Naka-Atakebuna, and 600 of its much smaller Hikari-atakebune. Remaining squarely under imperial control many of the fleets themselves have been paid for by the trade guilds, looking augment the Imperial navy to more tightly patrol and guard their trade routes. The outposts in the Luzon islands contract slightly in terms of growth due to the happenings on the home islands.
- Timur Empire: With Timur’s new success in Baghdad he demands the newly formed former vassal states of the ex-Abbasids swear fealty to him or meet his blade. (Mod response needed). He accepts Al-Wathiq’s proposal, viewing it as a very helpful opportunity for his legitimacy and also request Al-Wathiq’s help in bringing the ex abbasids states under his control. (Mod response needed) His son continues his conquest of northwestern India slaughtering Christian traders as his father does, Upon his arrival in delhi he gives the ruler a choice, he can either let Delhi and the lands west of it go or he can meet the might of Timur in the field. (Hindustan response.) Timur sends a message to the pope with very simple words, “Your people have two choices, flee or die.”
- The vassals that swear loyalty are in Iraq south of Ashur.
- Oman: This year, a young Nabhani leader, named Makhzum bin al Fallah, rises to prominence after the death of his elder brothers. While Oman has experienced over two centuries of Nabhani leadership since the fall of the Seljuk Empire in 1154, cracks have begun to show following the short and generally incompetent reign of Arar bin Fallah. Makhzum, dedicated to restoring the empire to the glory of his father, Fallah bin al Mushin, begins an effort to bring greater stability to the largely clan-based politics of Oman. To that end, the young Makhzum arranges to marry the daughter of a local emir from the northern parts of the nation, which would solidify Omani influence over Qatar. Within the realm, with renewed confidence in the leadership of the region, the cities of Muscat and Qalhat continue to experience a healthy rivalry. Currently, Qalhat remains the predominant port city in the region, but a guild is formed in Muscat to encourage shipbuilding and merchants.
- Joseon: The Gyeongbok Palace is a testament of the power of Joseon and is marveled by many as the seat of power of Tian Joseon, filling many with awe and wonder. Foundational to the Gyeongbok palace is the Joseon Heavenly Army, who have help built the Gyeongbok palace and maintain a massive presence there for it is the headquarters and primary training ground of the Joseon Heavenly Army, still led by and deeply devoted to King General Tian Joseon, destined by Heaven to defend Joseon and all her people. The defense of Joseon is tied to the development of Joseon, thus internal development becomes the central idea of both the state and the military, which are one. For the defense of Joseon, the people are called upon to increase their productivity, to work more effectively and implement new technologies to improve their lives and their output. The military opens civilian training schools to help the people produce for the good of Joseon.
Having won the Battle of Vernon, Philip the Bold of Burgundy insists on the Anglo-Valois forces to push for Paris, in an attempt to support his claim as the rightful King of France. At this point, the total casualties of the ongoing Anglo-French conflict have exceeded two million.
Much of the Middle East remains in chaos after the destruction of Timor, racking up casualties into the millions. His son Miran Shah, left to rule over Esfahan in his absence, orders the murder of the entire Persian royal family after inviting them to a banquet.
The Mamluk Sultanate begins to exert political influence into the Levant, hoping to ensure the Holy Sites are still protected. Barquq establishes a defensive pact with the Sultan of Damascus.
The former Caliph Al-Mutawakkil disappears from the historical record in Damascus, while Al-Wathiq is now recognized as the legitimate Caliph. He establishes the traditional Abbasid estates in Baghdad, while relinquishing all secular authority to Timur.
The Libyan Crusade sponsored by Emperors Vincent Reginar and Richard de la Roche manges to establisha beachhead on the Berber coast around the otherwise isolated fishing village of Janzur. This is the first European territory in Ifriqiya since the Roman Empire.
The Kingdom of Ava exerts more control over Burma, and comes into dispute of territory with the Chinese tributary Mong Mao. Both Ava and Mong appeal to the Chinese Emperor to settle the dispute.
Owain Lagowch, now obtaining the title of Prince of Wales, files a dispute to King John on the recent troops moved in in defense of Scotland. Owain proposes that military in Wales should be under the control of the Prince, who will naturally be obligated to follow the orders of the King.
The Chimuese culture in Peru centralizes into a single polity, which elects their King or "Panaqa" on an irregular basis. They have a unique language and culture, but greatly influenced from the rising power of Cusco.
The Transit of Venus across the Sun is visible across North America, particularly in Mexico.
As Timur's power subsides from Eastern Europe, Novgorod works toward recovery of their agriculture and military rapidly by use of their control of Baltic Sea trade. As the rest of the Rus states are in a much more weakened state than Novgorod, the Principality works to help reconstruct the cities with more direct military pressence.
Queen Margaret, recent regent of Sweden and Denmark in the minority of King Birger, urges the king to issue forth a formal treaty or system to officially unify Scandinavia under a single monarchy, as has been her dream since her marriage to Haakan. Since Birger has no children, she insists that he should name an heir to prevent the personal union from ending.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We start to hunt and move around about nation more. We also start to farm corn, squash and more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Japanese Empire: As the unrest continues with the lesser daimyo, it has become clear that Katsumoto was ineffective in preventing the daimyo from warring on each other. He stands by and calculates coldly that letting them fight it out may reduce the number of men he will ultimately have to face, but things take a turn when the city of Niigata is assaulted over its housing of a Kensei Order temple. The city is assaulted and sieged with its ultimate fate being in the hands of the nearly 10,000 daimyo forces which occupy it. The Daimyo Himamori Date having managed to absorb many daimyo with non competing claims into his own force has dominated many of the daimyo and with the targeting of the Kensei order, has officially brought serious damage onto a major city which was supposed to be outside of this conflict. Katsumoto pushes north with 15,000 troops and looks to liberate Niigata. The ensuing battle sees Katsumoto catching Himamori in the midst of a pullout from the city. The battle rages of nearly ten hours as the rebel forces attempt to push safely north to their own defenses. The remaining daimyo in open revolt continue to fight amongst themselves with much the same thing happening with the young ruler of the Igo clan pulling together a coalition himself enforcing claims among the south and solidifying himself as another key figure in this revolt. He clearly engages multiple imperial garrisons in the south manning outposts. Most of southern Chugoku goes dark as the seconds 15,000 strong imperial army under command of General Tetsuo Tanaka. He is forced to march in blindly as well suffering from some assymetrical force as he pushes south. He goes as far as the Grand temple of the Kensei located in southern chugoku and finds it under siege. the 8,000 strong force in southern Japan seeks to take out their pent up anger on the kensei as well. The Imperial troops are forced to embark on a series of brutal campaigns into the forest of southern Japan following the relieving of the kensei grand temple. The battles are confusing and usually bloody. as nearly 1,500 have died just from the imperial side with unknown casualties from the Igo leader. Things only get more confusing as the revolt grows ever more complicated with it not being as simple as being denied to enforce their claims on land via force. There now looks to be serious declarations of entrusting more power to the lesser daimyo and the restoration of taken ancestral lands furing the imperial restoration. Kemmu clearly rejects these demands as late in the summer, the two competing rebel factions had effectively signed a truce following a large battle to try to enforce their demands on the imperial government. This is much to the annoyance of Kemmu who brings back his armies together now seeing that the eyes of his upper nobility are eyeing him like vultures attempting to seize on any weakness of the Imperial government. Katsumoto is left in charge of the army which is reinforced to 35,000 strong with a key component of these forces being nearly 2,000 elite samurai from the Kensei order, and the full inclusion of the elite Kyoto Guards regiment. His forces wait in the Imperial capital region preparing for an assault on the Capital as the Igo and Date daimyo begin drawing unruly peasants to the force looking to inflate their numbers. This gives a wide range on when the battle might take place but its collectively agreed it wont happen until next year. As the nation focus's on the growing issue on the main island of Japan Honsu, many just try to carry on like normal. Manzhu is barely aware of the issue on its own as the distance and relatively high autonomy on most of the frontier province. The trade still continues to flow and the damage to Niigata also begins to be repaired.
- Timur Empire: With only one vassal state surrendering Timur follows up on his promise taking 70,000 and heading into Syria intent on reaching Jerusalem before the end of the year. He attacks cities and should he make it to Jerusalem before his arrival he will give the Muslims in the city a choice as he would to every city in the area and its Muslim population, swear fealty or die. (Algo/Mod response needed) His son’s ventures in India continue establishing better control, when the news of the execution of the Persian court reaches Timur’s ear he dismisses it with little care giving it enough thought to pretend he cares but no actual thought. He plans to leave all ex-Mamluk territory be for the time being and stop his conquests once he completes his control of Syria, Iran, Iraq, Jerusalem, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Western India. He will have considered his job finished and at the age of 60 many worry how his succession would work, there are two likely results, one his son claims the title of Timur and continues where his father left off. Or two the empire fractures back to the way it was before Timur.
- Empire of Ethiopia: Currency continues to be infused throughout the Somali and Afar regions of the Empire as well as the previous Imperial cities, Amharic and Tigray regions. By now many people throughout the Empire have begun using currency, adopting it for tax incentives as well as for easier commercial purchases. The rise of such a large merchant class and now a new rising class of domestic weavers creates an influx of students seeking to be taught at the University at Barari. The University has slowly been accepting more and more students, until now it finds itself unable to accept all applicants, leading to a dispute with the nobles claiming their children should be prioritized while the merchants and weavers insist all children should be admitted equally based on intelligence and skill. To resolve the dispute, the Emperor declares he will construct a new University based in Beri, another Imperial city, and the main Ethiopian port city sitting at the mouth of the Red Sea. The University of Barari will only admit noble children and nobles will not have to pay for their childs’ admittance. However, each noble must send all their children to learn at the University six months a year from the ages of 12-16 or be heavily taxed for each child not sent. The University of Beri will be open to anyone who can afford to pay for their child’s admittance in currency. Construction of the new university begins in Beri while new scribes, scholars, and philosophers are given Imperial patronage in exchange for working at the new University. Coffee shops continue to spread throughout Imperial cities, becoming favorite establishments amongst locals and a place where people can discuss and debate life. In northern Somalia, trade develops between the Chewa living there and the inland Somali tribes, with the Chewa trading textiles, salt and other goods in exchange for perfumes, which are then resold to Ethiopian nobles and other upper class citizens. News reaches Ethiopia of another miracle arising from the site of Laurentius the Martyr’s death. After the last miracle, a small community of Christian Somalis flourished at the gravesite, providing goods and services to pilgrims coming to pray or visit. One of these pilgrims was a family whose son had been blinded by a poisonous snake bite. The family stays at the site of Laurentius’s death for three days, praying for Laurentius to return their son’s sight. On the third day the boy woke up and found he could once again see the sunlight and that his blindness had been cured. The boy claims that in the night Laurentius came to him and gave him the ceremonial blessing as a child of Christ. Laurentius then brought forth a washcloth dipped in the blood of Christ and gently washed the boys eyes, which then cured the blindness and returned his sight. The news of another miracle spreads like wildfire through Ajuran and Ethiopia, with hundreds of Ethiopians and Somalis making a pilgrimage to see the site of Laurentius’s death. A small group of local Somali Christian monks gather at the site and construct a small monastery, from where they provide official ceremonies on behalf of Laurentius the Martyr, whom some now call Saint Laurentius. Their parish and numbers grows as hundreds of local Somali Christians and some Ethiopians begin to live at the holy site.
- Kingdom of Scotland: Once again Ameraudur of the Celts and King of Scotland Robert Bruce threatens England with war on behalf of the entire Celtic Confederacy on support of his ally Owain Lawgoch, Prince of Wales if his demands are not met. [English Player Response] King Robert II Bruce also repeats once again his offer to his old ally Owain Lawgoch to reaffirm our alliance, asking for his daughter's, Katherine ferch Owain, aged 19, hand in marriage, to marry King Robert II Bruce's second son, aged 19, William, in exchange we offer our unlimited support against England and any other adversary of his, in the spirit of the Celtic Brotherhood. [Mod Response.] King Robert II Bruce continues to strive to became regarded as a fair King by his subjects, in a bid to ensue his legacy for posterity. He tries to arbitrate between nobles and peasants alike trying to solve disputes as fairly as possible his capabilities allow him to. David III's son Edward continues to grow, developing his abilities under the loving care of his father and his mother. The Imperial Capital of the Isle of Mann having taken advantage of all these years of peace has transformed into a rather booming and prosperous trading hub, where Scots, Irish, local Manx and even some persecuted Welsh people who fled have settled here and enriched its atmopshere, turning it into a rather multicultural and cosmopolitan hub. Great works start their construction in the Imperial capital by the Ameraudur of the Celts Robert I Bruce, such as strengthening its already very defensible walls and developing its surroundings, the vast countryside of the Isle of Mann. 1,000 men under the command of the second son of King Robert II Bruce, William, hoping to gain some lands, treasures and glory while fighting for Christendom, since he isn't the heir to the Scottish throne, his father has given him these men to enable him to make his fortune. Among them many second sons and landless nobles, who form the nucleus of the 200 Knights and nobles in the expedition. These crusaders leave to join the rest crusaders in Lybia, but they are prepared to turn back to their homeland to do their duty if war occurs with England.
- Livonian Order: As always, the House of Eltz Robin continue to maintenance the power with the Teutonic state to developing their economy with the Germans and Baltic people a new war the royal indicates, that the duchies with the relationship between the state of Teutonic. Livonia is conquering Estonia with the German knight in support of the military bases for a new establishment order and Robin thoughtful, the Danes assume they're doing that for protecting the territory also the counties are in an engagment for the payment taxes for the House of Eltz to trying to fix the new war in the Baltic at our order's branch of the superior organization that settling here in our gulf the countryside its surrounding by among ship and German hospitalisier to encounter against the enemy in the Baltic for a mutli-ethinical government and communication's hub environmental to the duchies a great work the House of Eltz is demanding to the government's Teutonic to forming as possible to allow him that Robin wish to gain power in the Teutonic state to help them. Meanwhile, for what is current the walls are being constructed in Gotland for maintenance invander to protect the Swedes and among other nation where the Scandivanian can help us to have settlement with a nice work that is start and the House of Eltz continue to have progress economy and the Germans state that the new war is going to be a defensive organization that the countryside lead that in as security environment which and have influence in opposing of Lutheran and Calvinist including the vasssal and the officer to the Eltz Order is made of nobility to gain power that could acquired a vassal for the balkan and most of construction.
- Sweden-Norway: At the urging of his mother, Birger calls all lords from Sweden, Norway. and Denmark to attend a meeting in spring next year, held in Örebro in Närke. There, the nobles will sign a treaty that will officially formalise Birger's position as king of the three kingdoms, and preserve the union that has arisen. Birger has not tried to conceive with his wife Margaret of Scotland since the stillbirth, his mother therefore urges him to find a successor elsewhere, offering her grandnephew Boguslaw of Pomerania by her niece Maria of Mecklenburg-Schwerin as a candidate. Birger promises to look into the matter, but says he is young, and not in a hurry to die. Lord Algort Magnusson petitions the king to send more soldiers to Libya, saying that the original 200 knights were not enough. Magnusson has sex with a prostitute in Tripoli.
- Papal States: Pope Gregory XII places the Christians that fleed to Europe unter papal protection. With the formation of the Kingdom of Tripolitana, the pontiff declares that tge patron Saint of the new kingdom is Our Lady of Victory and asks for the construction of a church in honor of the Virgin Mary there. He also asks for permission to sent monks and nuns of the Order of Divine Mercy to work in this kingdom [MOD response needed, please]. Pope Gregory XII writes a letter to the Anglican and Celtic Lollards announcing that he will visit ther communities next year [England and Ireland response needed, please]. In Ostia, a boy is healed of fever after his mother prayed to Venerable Elena Cimorelli. A commission is sent to investigate. The pontiff announces that the a commission will start to work in the rehabilitation of the memory of Marguerite Porete, this way allowing the start of her canonization. He asks the opinion of Guillaume IV of Raron, of the Western Patriarch and of the Lollard Patriarchs [Swiss, Lollards and Western response needed, please]. The investigation about the man found dead in the Tiber River discovered that he was Enrico Orsini, a member of the family Orsini. His family said that he disappeared after receiving a letter. The stylized cross burned in his chest continues to be a mystery. The Holy Father chooses Angelo Correr as Latin Patriarch of Constantinople and creates him cardinal.
- Kingdom of Scotland: We'd be overjoyed and await the visit of his Most Holiness. We also agree with the canonization of Marguerite Porete. [I've been elected to the title of Ameraudur(Emperor) of the Celts (I'm referring to the Celtic Confederacy) the last time an election was held, Ireland was elected the two previous times.]
- Swiss Diplomacy: Bishop of Sion Guillaume IV of Raron and Western Patriarch Lluis Urrutia declare their support for the canonisation of Marguerite Porete.
- Roman Empire: The sudden increase in public education spending, coupled with high military spending over the last decade result in strain on the imperial treasury. To compensate, incentives on merchants to do business in Turkish ports are withdrawn and leasing costs on imperial merchant ships increases 5. Basileus Andronikos is careful to avoid raising taxes on the peasantry, as they are already providing much to the empire through their service in the Themes. The cultural rebirth in the empire moves in leaps and bounds as more ancient works are translated and distributed, but without an efficient way to copy works their spread is limited to the very wealthy. The educational reforms of the last year continue, and the increasing density of educated persons enhances the resurgence of ancient Greek civilization. The School of Mathematics demonstrate an Aeolipile, recently rediscovered in ancient texts, to Basileus Andronikos who is taken by the small device and encourages the mathematicians study it further.
- Swiss Confederacy: The Central Council is displeased about Philip the Bold's push to be put on the French throne right as it seemed the Anglo-French conflict was winding down, as this both prolongs the conflict and violates the integrity of the Swiss Confederacy's long-time allies the Capets. Consequently, mercenaries start to be readied again in the northwest of the Confederacy, though none are deployed yet as the Central Council waits to see if England or France can persuade Burgundy off this course. Relatedly, the joint military of the Swiss Confederacy works on fortifying the northwestern cities of Basel, Solothurn and the not-entirely-rebuilt-yet Biel/Bienne. As a response had not been heard from England yet, Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg continues to write to Edmund, Duke of York, the brother of King John II of England, proposing a marriage between Heinrich's son Ulrich VII von Lenzburg (b. 1373) and Edmund's daughter Constance of York (b. ~1375). (England response). Meanwhile, Heinrich II visits Eberhard III, Count of Württemberg, and proposes to arrange an engagement to be married between Heinrich II's daughter Margaret (b. 1380) and Eberhard III's son Eberhard IV (b. 1388, OTL was engaged to someone in 1397). (Mod response). The new Canton of Neuchâtel is given a seat on the Central Council, expanding its size to 31 members. Domestically, the government works on improving roads in the northwestern Cantons of Basel-Bishopric, Basel-City and Solothurn to aid with the organisation and deployment of mercenaries. Bishop of Chur and Cardinal Frederick Capet dies of natural causes; after some arguments between the local clergy, Henry of Geneva-Lenzburg (b. 1372), a member of the Order of Divine Mercy, is proposed to be elevated to this position, though some clergy consider him too young and inexperienced. Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg and uncle of Henry of Geneva-Lenzburg, writes to Pope Gregory XII to consult him on this matter. (Papal response). Marie of Geneva-Lenzburg and Louis XI, King of France have a third child, a son named William (b. 1396). Later in the year, Amadeus V, Count of Geneva and Louisa Bruce have their first child, a daughter named Blanche (b. 1396).
- Papal Diplomacy: Pope Gregory XII agrees that Henry of Geneva-Lenzburg can be the new bishop. However, he must be helped by senior clergymen that will act as an auxiliar bishop, helping him until he is experienced enough.
- Marriage accepted.
- Majapahit Empire: Trade has been ordered cut to the Malay kingdoms who have denied the offer of tributary status from Majapahit (Mod Response). Wikramawardhana continues to make efforts to weaken the clout of the guild across the Nusantara wherever possible. Majapahit's navy has experienced a recent uptick in pirates which is believed to be the result of a laxing security across the trade routes the Majapahit Navy is stretched further to explore and enforce control beyong the borders of the Nusantara forcing the Raja to withdraw them back to trade routes to maintain stability. The Raja request that the ruler of Brunei returns to the Buddhist fold due to the Raja's interest in spreading Hindu/Buddhism with Wikramawardhana offering support for Bruneian expansion in exchange for his return (Mod Response). The Empire continues to develop and refine the rudimentary hand cannons at their disposal with the production of cetbangs and rentakas being left in stockpiles across Majapahit's cities and strongholds. The development of irrigation and roads on Sumatra continues with some attention being turned to the rice fields on Java in order to ensure they don't deteriorate and decay. The journey of Buddhist/Hindu monks across the Nusantara and its boundaries continues under the sponsorship of the Raja and the government.
- Kualaberang becomes a tributary.
- Raja Maha Moksha of Brunei assures the Emperor that Brunei still respects their Hindu-Buddhist traditions, and anticipates a long-lasting alliance.
- Xingu: The various Xingu tribes of the Upper Xingu River in OTL Brazil, the Aweti, Kalapalo, Kamaiurá, Kayapó, Kuikuro, Matipu, Mehinako, Nahukuá, Suyá, Trumai, Wauja and Yawalapiti unite under King Prepori, first king of the Xingu Kingdom. Prepori's first act as king is to divide the men of the kingdom into two classes: the warrior class, which exists to protect the kingdom against invaders and for possible conquests of neighboring tribes, and the worker class, which consists of farmers, fishermen, hunters, builders, etc. He also creates vast farms of maize and manioc, creating a food surplus leading to a heightened population growth.
A pictograph writing system on clay tablets is invented to keep track of these surpluses. This new writing system is also used to write down the various stories of the Xingu peoples previously passed down orally, and libraries are created to store them.Also, barracks are created to train warriors. Each of the villages in the kingdom have their own chiefs, who all report to the king.
- Way too fast.
- Why not? All you need are clay tablets, which are easy to create, and a really smart person.
- Having a smart person doesn't justify making that technological leap in one turn. Writing is very counter-intuitive, which is why only two to four civilizations in human history ever invented writing independently.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": For first time since the Roman empire, Europeans have control of Ifriqiyan land. Thus Christianity is now once more able to trive without opresion. Philippe Leonard Seghers becoming Regent of the Kingdom of Tripolitania, until a king can be found. Seghers starting a relatinisation and a Policy of Christian liberation, Where the Latin found in these African lands will be spoken again. Africae being studied a lot by the Priests and the educated, the monks trying to make a dictionary Latin-Africae. This all to make it possible to be used once more again, this is done by first of all teaching monks and local rulers the language. Who on their turn will teach the language to all who are in their service. The Army of the Libyan crusade halting for the Year preparing the port, and calling on the Christians to Join the armies of the Monks. A nation that sends troops being the Holy roman army, the Praetorian guard being 1,500 soldiers big. This army being send to represent the Sacred Roman Empire and the Emperor. The Lotharingian navy helping out Order Bari, with a Blockade of the Island of Djerba and even an attack at the Djerba straight.
- State of Xaroyaca: The Third Stage of the Flower Wars continues as the fallout from the first stage continues to appear throughout the region. The State of Xaroyaca, this year, conquers the weakened Tarascan state, forcing the Twin Cazonci's to submit. After Cazonci Necalli and Nelli's sister, the Tarascan Cīhuapīlli Papan, becomes the first wife of Iuihua, the Tarascan theocracy becomes incorporated into the greater Xaroyacan State. Although Cazonci Necalli and Nelli of Tarasca remain governors, Nelli is sent to begin the campaign against the Huastec-Toltec kingdoms. Yaluk II continues his campaign southward into the Mixtecan city-states. Iuihua meets with the Nahuatl Cazonci, Nochma, whom provides a few legions to Iuihua's cause based on Iuihua's reputation as the true Prophet spreading rather quickly across the territories of Mesoamerica.
- Tian China: The reign of the empress regent continues, as the fortress in Kashgar is finally completed, serving as the grand bastion of the East, intended to be the first line of defense against raids and attacks from the Nomads of Central Asia. In addition, the numerous forts constructed along the Manchurian and Korean borders are completed this year. Trade with Korea increases, as the stabilization of the country under the new Joseon Dynasty ensures that there is more trade possible as they start recovering from the devastation of their civil war and the previous Chinese invasion as part of that. We also begin profiting from supplying many of the supplies and in some cases slaves used in the Koreans reconstruction efforts. We also continue trading with Japan. We also continue trading with the Oriot Khanate, and begin centralizing control further in our vassal, La Xang.
- Poland-Lithuania: Wladyslaw and the deposed Khan of the Horde launch their expedition numbering 8,000 into the Ruthenian steppes expecting the military support of the Kozaks and from the forces led by Waldemar. However, they are instead met by an encirclement of some 20,000 troops led by Waldemar, Hetman Nikolay and by Duke Vytautus. Realizing what has occured Wladyslaw makes an attempt to flee the battle. However, Duke Vytautus ultimately blocks his exit from the battlefield. Unpreapred for the ambush the forces loyal to Wladyslaw fall into disorder as Vytautus and his men continue to pick them off while the Kozaks attack the weakening defences of the forces. (More to be added later.)
- Kingdom of England: With the recent Anglo-Burgundian Victory over French Forces Vernon, the Duke of Burgundy calls for a push toward Paris and despite hesitating Henry Boilingbroke decides to move forth with a March toward Paris. As Anglo-Burgundian troops near Paris instead of Attacking the city directly the Anglo-Burgundian Forces surround the city and launching an investment in which Anglo-Burgundian Forces begin building to fortification lines a Circumvallation to besiege Paris and a contravallation to halt any sort of relief effort. 30,000 Anglo-Burgundian troops are kept for the Siege while the other 13,000 Anglo-Burgundian troops are sent to launch a new offensive in Northeastern France with the objective of raiding and pillaging cities and using their resources for the ongoing Siege of Paris. Meanwhile, with the Scottish continuing to threaten England, John II decides to concede to the Prince of Wales and gives him command over 3,000 of the 10,000 troops in Wales and then pulls out the remaining 7,000 troops placing them under the command of his younger brother, Thomas Woodstock, Duke of Gloucester who is then tasked with supervising the Prince of Wales in case he tries any rebellious acts. Meanwhile, John II demands that Scotland halts its attempts to woo the Prince of Wales and warns then of drastic measures if they are to intervene in English Affairs once more. (Scottish Response Needed). With the Anglican Lollards receiving a visit by the Pope next year John II calls for a final crackdown against Lollard Radicals finally breaking what's left of the Radical Lollard Movement and having their followers scatter throughout the British Isles. Elsewhere, Edmund, Duke of York, soon replies replies to Heinrich and gives his approval for the marriage as he sees this as an opportunity to improve the relations of the allies of England's main enemies. (Swiss Response Needed) (Secret) John II hires a group of spies to spy on the Prince of Wales in order to keep tabs on the Prince and to survey his relationship with the Celtic Confederation. (End of Secret.)
- Swiss Diplomacy: Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg is pleased about the acceptance of the marriage and even invites Edmund of York to Lenzburg for when the marriage is celebrated.
In the Libyan Crusade, the Hafsid Sultanate sends a significant expedition force mounted on the coast near Djerba, supported by a large number of warships. They also send troops to defend the city of Tripoli near where the Crusaders are occupying.
Seeing the Holy City under threat, the Mamluk Sultanate sends a signifcant number of their military in support of the Sultanate of Damascus, who is also supplied by volunteers across much of the Levant, to stop Timur. Aleppo and Mosul, although badly defeated already, are also petitioned by Barquq.
The smallpox epidemic across the Algonquin peoples have finally disappeared. It results in the loss of 40 percent of the Algonquin population and 25 percent of the Iroquois population.
Cultural influence and trade from the Mexican Valley have caused a socio-religious movement to take place across the Mayapan League, amidst their internal chaos caused by the recent famines. The current High Commissioner of Chichen Itza, Canek Cocom, pursues a goal of founding an imperial state similar to the State of Xaroyaca.
The Spaten Brewery is founded in Munich.
Gregory of Tatev writes an encyclopedia for the ruler of Georgia, known as The Book of Questions.
Francesco Landhini brings a height to the Italian musical Renaissance in Florence, and quickly becomes the top trending artist in Italy.
A shipwrecked Japanese trade ship is discovered with three full sets of Samurai armor. Various Majahpahit armorers begin toying with various ideas to better attune the armor to the local climate and hopefuly present them to the king.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We mourn meaning deaths of our people, to get our people back up to speed we do much baby making. In the meantime we make a primitive rune/pictograph writing system which will improve over time. We start to hunt and move around about nation more. We also start to farm corn, squash and more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. We expand rapidly to the west and south. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Xingu: Granaries are built throughout the kingdom because of the food surplus, which, in addition to making the population growth faster, allows the Xingu to focus on other things. They begin to carve images on trees, chronicling their stories and mythology. Certain symbols are developed which have specific meanings, to better communicate the stories to their descendants. These stories are also depicted on pottery, a new creation following the food surplus. Although this cannot be considered writing yet, they are on the path to creating a writing system.
- Empire of Ethiopia: The Empire is shocked when merchants returning from Hindustan bring word of a devastating attack by barbarians from the north. The merchants report that a horde of savages has invaded India, capturing a huge swathe of northwest India including Gujarat, where a moderately sized Ethiopian community has developed after merchants were allowed to trade there by Hindustan. Hundreds of Ethiopian refugees are now attempting to flee India along with thousands of other refugees fleeing the new barbarians. When asked about who these new barbarians were, the merchants relay the news that people who’d encountered the savages heard only one thing, the war-cry “Timur! Timur! Timur!” Hearing of the plight of the Ethiopian refugees, the Emperor orders the Ethiopian fleet to mobilize and sail to India to provide safe transport for the Ethiopians back to Ethiopia. The Emperor also orders the ships to allow on as many Indian refugees as allowable, but to in no way provoke the new barbarians. [MOD RESPONSE ON REFUGEE NUMBERS NEEDED]. The University at Beri constructs its first set of buildings but plans continued expansion to accommodate the large number of merchant and weaver’s children that seek attendance. They are given the same curriculum as the University at Barari, teaching them mathematics, religion, history, astronomy, and philosophy. It also emulates the Ancient Greek form of teaching adopted by most scholars who learned from Coptic Christian refugees from Egypt. The tuition is to be paid in currency, further increasing adoption of currency into the Empire. Currency continues to be encouraged throughout the Imperial cities, Amharic, Tigray, Afar and Somali regions. Currency is by now adopted by most if not all merchants and traders. However, its adoption by farmers is slower, with many still retaining the old bartering system. In order to encourage those still not adopting currency, another law is passed imposing a new tax on those who do not pay in currency while providing tax cuts for those who pay their taxes in currency.
- Iceland: King Arnar passes away at only 19 years of age from pneumonia but rather then being succeeded by his son Domnhall, the Upper Council intervenes and chooses the more popular brother of the king Domnhall who is crowned Domnhall II and requests a marriage from Swiss. (Swiss response needed). Using horticultural glass provided by the Irish and Scottish glass houses are constructed in the eastern settlement of Greenland to grow carrots, broccoli and beetroot which should shelter them from the frost and allow them to grow while a barrier of infant trees is placed around the settlement to grow in size and shield the settlements from winds. Labourers travel over on constructed Oighear's in the summer to build new additional earth insulated barns and housing for animals and people. The amount of cattle is increased while clover is introduced as a crop being grown to be used as winter fodder for the cattle. The amount of water and ice fishing is increased using supplies from Scotland and Ireland. The change to increase fish and meat as well as eat foods which grow better in cold conditions should help keep the population of the eastern settlement fed. The Upper Council decides that they have the power to veto the Person who is going to be crowned but Althingi get to decide their replacement.
- Swiss Diplomacy: Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg offers to arrange a marriage between Domnhall II, King of Iceland and Bonne of Savoy (b. 1383), Heinrich's first cousin twice removed and daughter of Anna von Lenzburg.
- Iceland: We gladly accept.
- Livonian Order: As the grandmaster of House of Eltz, the Teutonic forces will ask to Robin that he need to conquer a region in the Baltic and request by them the region what is called is Dopart with a few size of our soldier to keep the population among us a new law that it was written by the senate of our state principality among the Teutonic we insisted that this event of all civil act who should not have discrimination or breaking rules written by the House of Eltz the territories noticed some very limited area next to poland and the other state of our dear Teutonic the bak continue to gave money for the minister of royal's place among the craftsmen which is grow up better the main economy the senate what is discuss with the Teutonic's leader to gain main power that should let influence for it and a maximum limit power of what they asked for now in order of our pay currency is having some richesse resource and taxes for those who pay us as well in the Baltic territory. The army force of the Teutonics, Germans and Finns send via to the territory with among of troop that are like 14,000 size maximum due to limit's law of the establishment an encounter to call with the Teutonic's state to the new war that's still ongoing in the Baltic and many chaos a fortification was built up that occupy in our gulf territory between Sweden's among to protect other nation in Europe and their own settlement the royal army of the Eltz with its 13,000 goes back in a new battle that of a territory of Dunaburg near to Belarussia the Yotvingians does not want that they occupy but then the war still continue ravaging on it on that principality with our troop as well the occupation and the economy size of the food and commercial trade the Yotvingians still reponse in a war with us between that principality and us that among this encounter transmission of contact the congress decide to send a size of which is grow up of 13,000 that know is 15,000 size of a Swedish-Teutonic soldier to this engagment war of the civil's act maintenance of what now Sudovia is being occupied by the Livonian force army to encounter new fortifications and new conquest to the current war to increase the economy and try to make up most of money to gain power and the foundation of our lord's Livonian to change the settlement and the payment taxes resource of our own richesse of House of Eltz and the Teutonic knight to main relation politically among the senate and Robin's rule positions to those who pay him for the war.
- Roman Empire: The Anagénnisi as it is coming to be known comes into contact with a similar revolution, the Renaissance in Italy. Italian and Roman artists begin an irregular pattern of exchange with masters of both stripes travelling between Constantinople and Italian cities such as Florence and Milan. Music, which had largely been neglected by the Anagénnisi, is embraced in the Italian style. Roman musical tradition influences the new forms of expression within the empire, but much of the Italian style is adopted wholesale. Meanwhile, more work is done to refine and advance ancient knowledge of mathematics and literature. Education spending shows early benefits, but it is expected to be some years before all the schemes can be implemented. For now median education of children does begin to rise.
- Kingdom of Scotland: King Robert Bruce hears the requests of the English King, John II and agrees for the time being to limit his involvement in English internal affairs. King Robert II Bruce continues to strive to became regarded as a fair King by his subjects, in a bid to ensue his legacy for posterity. He tries to arbitrate between nobles and peasants alike trying to solve disputes as fairly as possible his capabilities allow him to. David III's son Edward continues to grow, developing his abilities under the loving care of his father and his mother. The Imperial Capital of the Isle of Mann having taken advantage of all these years of peace has transformed into a rather booming and prosperous trading hub, where Scots, Irish, local Manx and even some persecuted Welsh people who fled have settled here and enriched its atmopshere, turning it into a rather multicultural and cosmopolitan hub. Great works start their construction in the Imperial capital by the Ameraudur of the Celts Robert I Bruce, such as strengthening its already very defensible walls and developing its surroundings, the vast countryside of the Isle of Mann. Another 2,000 men under the command of William Wallace, great-grandson and namesake of the famous Scottish hero of the Scottish Independence Wars against England, leave for the crusade, hoping to gain some lands, treasures and glory while fighting for Christendom, to meet up with William Bruce, in charge of the Scottish crusaders, who has reached Lybia a year earlier. Among them many second sons and landless nobles, who form the nucleus of the 400 Knights and nobles in the expedition. These crusaders leave to join the rest crusaders in Lybia, but they are prepared to turn back to their homeland to do their duty if war occurs with England. They sail to the north of France, cross all the way to the south coasts of France sail again stopping to Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily to refuel/resuply before finally reaching Tripolitania. At the end of the year the Scottish crusaders in Tripolitania are 3,000 men.
- Papal States: Pope Gregory XII arrives at England and meets with the Anglican Lollards. He promotes the construction of a Lollard Cathedral to house the seat of the Anglican Patriarchate. During his visit to England, the pontiff visits King John II and the English Latin clerics. After his visit there, Gregory travels to the Isle of Mann, where he meets with the Celtic Patriarch. He also gives his blessings to the Ameraundur of the Celtic Confederation. While in Scotland, the pope proclaims Marguerite Poerete as Venerable, after the commission studying her case agreed about her canonization. With news that Timor is coming to Damascus, the pope writes to the non-Chalcedonian patriarch of Syria, offering safe heaven for him and his fellow Christians. Another letter is sent to the Maronite patriarch, offering the same [MOD response needed, please]. Meanwhile, in Rome, Cardinal-Secretary Pedro Martínez de Luna, with approval of the pope, sends 1,000 men of the Papal Army to help in the Libyan Crusade. With the death of the Coptic Bishop Youhanna Daoud this year, the Coptic priests of the March of Ancona elect Macarius as their new bishop. They write to the pope of Alexandria asking for him to recognise Macarius as the new bishop. [MOD response needed, please].
- Macarius is accepted.
- State of Xaroyaca: The Third Stage of the Flower Wars continues as the fallout from the first stage continues to appear throughout the region. With Iuihua's reign as Tla'tamba over the State of Xaroyaca proving fruitful, he is met with the Pantheon diety Pehuame, who explains to him that Curicaueri, the Sun God, without any sacrificial offerings, will no longer rise above the Eastern Sea. Pehuame states that she and the other dieties have waged war against Curicaueri. However, the ball of fire in the sky will remain gone until the war has been won. The sun would be gone for an undetermined amount of time, with the mountain of Popocatepetl additionally erupting moreso than before, covering the sky for a number of moons. The ashy snow would cover the ground of the starved, as the loss of the sun caused vegetation to begin failing, starting a short famine. However, one morning while Iuihua was meditating, he opened his eyes to see the sun having returned in the sky. Confused, he once again meditates into a restful sleep, once again meeting with Pehuame. She and the remaining dieties declare that Curicaueri has submitted to the other diety's conditions, and will be fed annual portions of the dead, however, for the dead to be accepted as food, they must be tossed upon a great fire and burnt to a crisp, and then their ashes must be thrown into the Western Sea prior to the Curicaueri falling below the horizon. With this, Iuihua makes it tradition along the coast that all of the dead peoples of Xaroyaca must be burnt atop a great fire, with their ashes being spread across the OTL Pacific Ocean. The conquest of the Huastec-Toltec Kingdoms, as well as of the Mixtecan city-states, continues.
- Sweden-Norway: King Birger responds to Algort Magnusson's request for more soldiers in Tripolitania, by sending 500 soldiers. A further 500 men join as volunteers, mainly comprised of second and third sons, landless knights, and petty lords. Notable individuals joining the crusade include Birger Trolle (son of Birger Knutsson Trolle), Nils Stensson (son of Sten Bosson), Erik Stensson Bielke (son of Sten Bengtsson), Bo Knutsson Grip (son of Knut Bosson), among many others, including from Denmark and Norway. The 1,000 men travel the same route as Magnusson's 200 knights did a few years prior; a ship to Hague, to Venice by land, and then to Tripolitania. At the end of the year the king's forces in Tripolitania amount to c. 1,200 men.
- Timur Empire: His son’s success in India leads Timur to believe he can take an additional 40,000 from India as well as 20,000 from patrolling forces to prepare for this large battle vs the Mamluks. This brings his total force count to 130,000 in the Jerusalem area. The other 30,000 remain patrolling the New India territory as well as other eastern land. Timur takes 80,000 south to deal with the Mamluks. (Algo needed). The other 50,000 wrap up their business in Syria and begin to trek toward Jerusalem and demand its surrender. (Mod response needed). Should this be declined the 50,000 will besiege Jerusalem until it either surrenders or Timur returns.
- Swiss Confederacy: Several thousand Swiss mercenaries remain on standby in the northwest of the nation as the Central Council pays close attention to the ongoing conflict in France. The Central Council also sends an envoy to King Vincent of Lotharingia, offering the Tripolitanian crusader force the use of 4,000 Swiss mercenaries and furthermore the use of about a dozen priests and monks from the Mercedine Priory of Schwyz to act as missionaries. (Lotharingia response). The joint military of the Swiss Confederacy focuses on fortifying Zürich, the most populous city in the nation, while also preparing for the potential deployment of mercenaries to Tripolitania or France. The Canton of Fribourg sends an envoy to Guillaume de Menthony, the Prince-Bishop of Lausanne who is also simultaneously the Count of Vaud; the envoy suggest to the Prince-Bishop to incorporate his territories in the Swiss Confederacy as the Canton of Lausanne, similarly to the Prince-Bishoprics of Basel and Sion, for the benefit of greater defence against the conflicts of France, increased trade and more opportunities for interaction with the bishoprics in the Confederacy. (Papal response). Domestically, the government works on improving roads and infrastructure in the northeastern Cantons of Montfort, Werdenberg, Sargans and Constance. Some priests from the Norbertine Abbey of Churwalden and the Mercedine Priory of Feldkirch travel to Chur to act as auxiliary bishops for the new Bishop of Chur, Henry of Geneva-Lenzburg. Workmen labour on strengthening Basel Cathedral's structure to make it more resilient to earthquakes like the one in 1356. Following the example of some other Swiss churches, the Western Church of Unterwalden led by head priest Markel Mendoza installs an icon of the late Ulrich VI von Lenzburg alongside its existing icons of Saint Federico Goikoetxea. Meanwhile, a few churches in the southeast of the nation install icons of the late Bishop of Chur Frederick Capet. The marriage of Ulrich VII von Lenzburg and Constance of York is celebrated in Lenzburg. Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg sends an envoy to Gorizia, proposing a marriage between his daughter Sophia von Lenzburg (b. 1378) and Henry VI, Count of Gorizia (b. 1376), whose previous betrothed Elizabeth of Austria had died in 1392. (Mod response). Engelbert I & IV, Duke jure uxoris of Saxe-Wittenberg and Count of the Mark; and Anna, Duchess of Saxe-Wittenberg, have their first child, a son named Henry (b. 1397) in honour of the Count of Lenzburg who arranged their marriage. The young Henry is the heir apparent to both the Duchy of Saxe-Wittenberg and Electorate of Saxony (as Henry IV) and the County of Mark (as Henry I).
- Marriage accepted.
- Kingdom of PortugalQueen consort Triss and the king travels to visit Triss parents in Scotland where the king makes a new friend. At the same time the king and queen travels to Edinburgh to meet with their Scottish counterparts. The trip is cut short, however, when they receive word that the kings only son Duarte is mortally ill. The king and queen make their way home when Duarte passes away at the age of four. Mourning takes place all over Portugal and most of the Portuguese population in Gordes as well. But all is not lost as this year the queen gives birth to a daughter who is named Triss. At the same time the king continues expanding the army and the navy and establishing the Academia Real Naval Portuguesa in Lisboa. This is to ensure that the fleet is led by competent officers.
- Kingdom of Eiru: Blackrock castle at Cork is finished while work continues on Coleraine castle and Fort Duncannon guarding the entrance to Waterford. Port facilities at Limerick, Galway and Cork have all been expanded. Parliament commissions work on building lateral canals to get past the obstructions on the River Shannon between Lough Derg and Lough Ree to in time create an unobstructed passage between them. The intention is once created to charge for use of the canals to keep the national treasury stocked. Parliament also commissions a study on the challenges to increasing the navigability of the river Barrow and larger portions of the river Shannon. Land enclosure in Tir Eoghain continues slowly. Eoin grows older. There is a continued export of equipment for habitation in Greenland as conditions get tougher there. The navy continue modest anti-piracy patrols while freemen continue training as infantrymen. The exchange of lands between the new Gaelic Kings, the Anglo-Irish earldoms and the old Gaelic Kings is largely concluded now. Dublin University is established this year being given a royal charter in English style teaching the trivium and quadrivium to make a master of the arts.
- Hanseatic League: Coin flows into Hanseatic ports as steadily as the tides can possibly flow in the Baltic. A particularly bad winter in the early parts of the year lead to a particularly prosperous year for grain traders and fishermen, who make and sell more for cities than is ultimately necessary come November and December. Of course, the salt trade prospers as well, with fear of another bad winter driving demand. As demand rises, so to, does the price of salt. The Tagfahrt of 1397 is held in Lübeck to determine a stable price for salt in Sundische Marks, ensuring that salt does not become prohibitively expensive. Though not all traders follow this standard, those who price salt competitively see more growth. No Hanseatic State sees growth quite like Brunswick-Lüneburg. As their interests in the league become increasingly influential due to the Salt Route originating in their lands, they are offered a chance to be a core member of the Hanseatic League to better reflect the balance of power in the League. (Mod response needed). Plans to expand the Salt Route through Schleswig and Holstein-Kiel are announced, which should enrich the land routes through Jutland and into Denmark. The Hanseatic League begins plans to modernize its military. Currently, military efforts are spearheaded by whatever city-state is directly involved. They are responsible for raising their own men and hiring what mercenaries may respond. This effort would mean a standardized Hanseatic military. Efforts by Rostock result in new cog designs, which should be much tougher in icy waters, allowing them to handle the Baltic much better.
- Brunswick-Luneburg joins the Hanseatic League.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": The King of Lotharingia officially recognises recognises the Kingdom of Tripolitania, and Philippe Leonard Seghers as the Regent prince. The Senatus Regus Lotharii recognising this act, thus they accept Seghers as the sovreign over Tripolitania. The Praetorian Guard ariving in Janzur, Which is renamed by the Prince Regent to censor the Original Latin name. The Munks trying to find as much possible Books and other forms of Information in Censor and the serounding area, as this information could be used either in war or in civil administration. Africae Latine being written for the first time once again, the Civil autorities of the Kingdom of Tripolitania Latinising names of towns and areas. The Senate under Franz Ackerman assembles a small volunteer force of 2,000 who form the Lotharingian Legion to liberate Libya from Muslim rule and impose Roman-like rule. With the current event The Senate decides to send half of the Lotharingian navy, as the ships are getting old and this could cut down on maintenance.
- Joseon: Internal development continues to spur expontentially as a self sustaining system has been vitalized, proven last year that Joseon can run itself via Tian trade alone, which has fueled Joseon reconstruction efforts, such as the road between Hanseong and Pyongyang. Joseon cannot be ran on Tian trade alone however, thus the Civilian Corps have finished their production training program under the Military, making the civilian-soldier, civilians who are ready to defend Joseon at any time in the face of invasion as irregular forces-the military training and education have given the civilian-soldiers the discipline, focus, and skills to be highly productive members of society. It is noted that different people have different skill sets and people are examined to see what position they are best suited for.
- Latin Empire: With the marriage of Pedro de san Superano and Dutchess Mary Farique marks the begin of Latin rule in Neopatria. Neopatria is integrated into the empire and the lords and bishops of the region swear an oath to the Empire. also due to us gaining Neopatria we gain the most fertile fields in all of Greece and plentiful of wheat, corn, barly, and cotton (for trade) is grown in large quantities. We send the wheat to the Despotate of Eripus due to the rugged terrain causing farming to be difficult. We then export cotton to many of our trading partners and even our cotton getting as far as Western Europe. We start the production of a new product called Honey which is being discovered in the Hymettus region of our nation. We trade honey with nations like Venice, Genoa, and Hispania. We also state trading with the newer nations of the Kingdom of Bosnia and the Kingdom of Zeta as a show of good will. Prince Pedro de San Superano settles a boundery dispute between the towns of Modon and Coron. In the Duchy of the Achipeligo Duke Francesco II Crispo dies of old age. His son Giacomo I Criso becomes Duke of the Archipelago. In the city of Thessaloniki a small Jewish community arises in the northern part of the city causing the city to have more banking as a business but most likely wont rival the banks in Milan. due to the Crusade we are particpating in we send 50 ships to Tripoli to be stationed their to be on guard for any attacks.
- Japanese Empire: The revolt of the lesser nobility continues now coloquially being called the Okayama revolt (the place where the initial revolters initially congregated). It sees Katsuomoto finally die of his old age but not before conducting a successful opetation to further delay the invasion of the capital region by another few months. With the now hybrid army of lesser daimyo and peasants the Imperial army stands outnumbered 45,000 to 35,000. Having remained mostly constrained to the fringes of the capital region and a few lesser land holdings the revolt hasnt much effect on the landscape of Japan, but has seen the Emperor consider some reforms for the Councillor general as well as specifically fixing some of the loopholes in the land sale and redistribution measures currently in place. The ultimate battle of the revolt occurs in the fields nearly 40 miles from Kyoto where Imperial troops had set up breastworks and defensive measures only to find out the army had swelled from its original 45,000 to nearly 60,000 with another serious force of unruly peasants looking to just simply get in on the fun so to speak joining the army. this puts the advantage of numbers squarely within the revolters who slam into the defenses almost like a human wave. The Imperial army at the battle of Kyoto fields performs admirably. Their discipline is noteworthy and their usage of cannons and the newer hand cannons is expert. Archery is also shown in great number here as the rebels and the imperial army trade volleys for nearly an hour. However, as the munitions run out, the Rebels charge headlong into the wall of Spears. The battle is desperate as the two-to-one advantage effectively forces the Imperial army back off its initial defensive fortifications before its spear ranks give way to the expert Kensei swordsman and Kyoto Guards regiment who effectively re-establish the line and strike the fear of the gods into the peasants and daimyo soldiers. As they begin to turn the battle the Various Heavy Samurai regiments arrive alongside the kensei and kyoto guards regiments and push aggressively on the rebels. After seven long hours the rebels forces are broken and the remaining surviving Daimyo either surrender or commit Seppuku in the shame of their defeat. The Peasants had been almost killed to a man. However, many of the Samurai and Ashigaru of the Revolt had retreated orderly and decisively leaving nearly 14,000 of them left. With the surrender of their lords they disarm and return home hoping to avoid retribution as the remaining daimyo lords are brought back to Kyoto for summary judgment. As the rest of the country continues on in an attempt to ignore the issue that knocked right on the doorstep of the emperor he begins levying judgment. The Igo and Date daimyo are forced to commit seppuku having survived the initial battles and hoping to gain some sort of pardon from the emperor. This is was not the case, however, with the freeing up of so much territory now unoccupied by many lesser daimyo, the survivors having wisely surrendered to the wise judgment of the emperor and the Joen are in fact rewarded, with the lands of the dead and being informed the issues and loopholes which had allowed for this issue were being sealed shut. This leads to the execution directly of nearly 50 imperial administrators for their corruptive practices and stricted rules are implemented in the relatively new civil service examination system to try to root our corrupt individuals before they can get this deep into the system. The organization of Manzhu continues with the Manchu highway settlements growing lightly and the coastal fishing settlements growing greatly as multiple new settlements crop up to exploit the fertile fisheries of the region. Amuraji boasts nearly 4,000 people while Aimoi officially boasts upward of 25,000 people with the settlement once again extending outside of the cities defensive wall network. More Manchus agree to settle within various small villages contributing to the local economy as the nomads remaining seem to settle within their vast reservations contentedly able to secure much of their needs within these land grants.
After the decisive defeat by England in attempting to capture Paris, Burgundy defers to their ally on what their next move should be, or if they should offer peace.
Caliph Al-Wathiq II officially declares Timor as Shahanshah of Persia in Baghdad. He denounces any other claimant to the title.
Although not yet able to break through Jerusalem's fortifications, Timor has successfully surrounded the city, but the various roads going north, northeast, and south are also being supplied by the much smaller opposition forces from across the Levant, Syria and Egypt.
Delhi is sacked by Timor's forces, who orders the execution of 100,000 people. The city smells of corpses as skulls are mounted on structures and the bodies of peasants are given as food for birds and dogs.
As soon as Brunswick-Luneburg joins the Hanseatic League, the financial control of the League shifts disproporitonally toward the south, as the states and cities under the influence of the Duchy now makes up a large proportion of the League's wealth. For now the power is evenly divided, however, as the Duchy is currently ruled jointly by five different feudal titles, following their gavelkind succession.
Patriarch Philoxenus II of Syria does not go to Rome. However, he does relocate the seat of the Syriac Orthodox Church from Damascus back to its traditional seat in Antioch, now under the control of the Emirate of Tripoli.
Kadi Burham Al-Din becomes a prominent poet and jurist in the Kingdom of Georgia. However, his writings are all in Turkish and are generally considered to be central to medieval Turkish culture, currently under Georgian domination.
The Stecknitz canal is completed.
King Taejo of Joseon abdicates in favor of his son, Yi Bang-Won, who takes the name of King Jeongjong. He starts his reign by constructing the Mummyo Confucianist shrine in Seoul.
King James of Cyprus dies of illness while crusading in Janzur. His son Janus is crowned the new King of Cyprus, Jerusalem and Armenia back in Nicosia.
Henry Sinclair of Scotland explores much of the North Sea at this time.
- Livonian Order: A lot of progress is made in up in the Teutonic state to achieving the artisan and the people of a town of what is in the north part, among a huge artisan environment and atmosphere toward the commerce and the community of trade they plan how to westernized among the Baltic the House of Eltz is what now doing the economy and possible the war that is occupied rn that is tell about it a whatever a bridge is open up in the Riga gulf western part for artisan the nobles send among some stuff fortifications and instruction which the artisan built up some new tea stuff and gain richesse resource of what they've done so far a new settlement is sent in the Teutonic to gain more influence for it. Speaking of the war both of the duchies become more westernized to remain the society the grandmaster of the House of Eltz, Robin, will include a new war strategy strategy that will occupied the opposition of the Sudovian returns to an appeal with the great Poland of their army against the Teutonic and generally considered one of new improvement of the currency crisis and trade among the duchies in name of the grandmaster they send up an army of 12,000 supporter of mecenaries Swedish and German to encounter with them a powerful built is made up in Riga and encouraging the good old goodness villager and artisan that could travel safety in Eastern Europe and been most classified one of dangerous rate to survey in the route and Delta's zone point the senate is angry that as a weakness of protection and under of the laws of what they written the duchies of Estonia assume become more easternized toward the request and payment urgence is has been most of classified protected by the Teutonic and toward the Swedes kingdom territory absolute a bridge is opening up with the Livonian in construction at the Danish part for trade and relation Robin claim that the 12,000 army would gain a new resource richesse and war ability to gain more power of the referdenum who has become the most richesse noblesse toward the community and multi-ethinicity an effort in the bridge is still in progress for some year that need to be done for artisan worker and engineer thought old source from the House of Eltz indicate in an investigation in library originally from Germany and HRE a possesion of the army superpositing claim that Robin enforcing his acknowledgement as their suzerain and his own royal vassal the Baltic people and Swedes continue generously helping together for commerce and such maintenance war of the current house with the Eltz and support of Teutonic against hostility in the Baltic Europe some of his brother's own castle in italy to share the ownership to remain the throne become more Christianity and a less tribunaty to gain influence of power with Robin's throne among the Teutonic.
- Majapahit Empire: Trade between Majapahit and the kingdoms that have refused to become tributary continues to remain cut with the exception of Kualaberang who has become tributary. (Mod Response). Wikramawardhana's efforts to weaken the powerful guild have been benefitted by the news of a warlord by the name of Timur in Hindustan because trade has died down. Majapahit's anti-piracy efforts have yielded some fruit as pirates have been mostly chased off trade routes due to Majapahit's ability to better cover territory with its fleets divided into five groups. The Raja has seen fit to travel across the Nusantara to visit his vassal kingdoms and tributaries to survey the lands under Majapahit's influence under the protection of a detachment of Bhayangkara and Pamburusirah (Mod Response, note: identifying Muslim leaders). To root out any potential Muslims, the Raja has ordered that cask full of wine be brought along on his journey to be shared with the ruler's of these nations to root out any possible Muslims. Infrastructure development continues under the oversight of Majapahit's government in order to build and maintain roads/irrigation systems. The government has seen fit to patronize the study and development of armor along the lines of Samurai armor with the blacksmiths and foundries being given permission to examine the armor.
- Langkasuka and Kedah trade with Thailand and China instead.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We mourn many deaths of our people, to get our people back up to speed we do much baby making. In the meantime we make a primitive rune/pictograph writing system which will improve over time. We start to hunt and move around about nation more. We also start to farm corn, squash and more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. We expand rapidly to the west and south. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Xingu: Although the languages of the Xingu are diverse, the Kayapo language, belonging to the Kayapo people, one of the various tribes in the kingdom, begins to emerge as the lingua franca of the kingdom. Also, King Prepori, confident of the kingdom's military which has now developed better fighting tactics and improved strategy, begins planning for an invasion of the nearby Kaiabi tribe, hoping to subjugate them.
- Hanseatic League: A massive restructuring of the Hanseatic navy takes place as the Hanseatic nava and hulk are said to have eclipsed the cogge in production. Though these ship designs have been around for some time, the cog has remained the most commonly-seen ship in the Baltic. Ledgers and documents found across the Baltic seem to indicate that one ship could deliver a larger portion of supplies at once, implying that cogges had already seen a decline in favor of more sturdy ships. With these ships quickly filling trade routes, offers to Scotland, Norway, and England are proposed for dedicated long-distance shipping routes. The Möller family is first mentioned as stewards in Rostock who compete with the age-old Bardewik family for ship sales. As wealth pours into Rostock, the defenses are renovated, as are the defenses of Lübeck. The salt boom seen last year settles down and prices return to a stable level. Though they are higher than they had been, they remain reasonable, and competitive prices from various guilds and cities keeps the price inflated for the time being. The shift in wealth does not go unnoticed by those in Lübeck and Hamburg. It will remain, however, that both cities are intrinsically centers of wealth and power due to their central location. Though wealth may ebb and flow in various parts of the league, the Queen City of the Hanseatic League will forever remain her queen. The Hanseatic League has been divided into quarters since its inception, with Lübeck standing at the corner of each.
- Iceland: A Son is born to the King and the Queen named “Andrés Heinrich Sturlungur”. The King decides to personally lead 1,000 troops to the Crusade. The shipments continue to flow to the colonies. A statue is constructed of Patriarch Hilmar Gunnarsson in Engey. We offer to pay for improvements in the Confederate Capital. Andrés Heinrich is approved by the Upper Council.
- Kingdom of Scotland Dip: King Robert II Bruce personally thanks King Domnhall II for contributing for the Celtic Confederacy's capital's works and improvements.
- State of Xaroyaca: The conquest of the Huastec-Toltec Kingdoms ends this year as the last remaining city-state of Huastec origin submits to the overlordship of Xaroyaca. Yaluk II continues his campaign throughout Mixteca.
- Timur Empire:
- Economy: With the large amounts of pillaging occuring throughout the Silk Road the economy of the horde itself and the army proper is strong. However, the people under its control continue to suffer, a new face arises amongst the local hordes a man who had fought alongside Timur’s son in India and who has spent many years fighting. However, many believe him to be a promising successor to Timur due to his willingness to organize and manage less of a horde based faction and more of an empire.
- War: Timur’s forces come to assist his son in the siege of Jerusalem and takes 90,000 men and assaults the city, with larger siege engines being used to break down the gates of Jerusalem from where they will directly assault the city taking it block by block and attempting to split the enemy forces and cycle hammer and anvil charges with his forces. (Algo Needed).
- Other things: Timur himself travels to Baghdad where he sits down and thinks about what he has accomplished in his lifetime. Timur thinks about what could follow and decides he must designate a successor, or figure out some plan for what would occur after him. First, he commissioned the construction of a map of The lands stretching from Constantinople to Delhi South to Mecca and north to Kiev. He then begins to think of a succession plan, he has two choices either he can designate his son as his successor much more of a European style of succession or he can designate this man who he has heard much about, the people love him, and Timur thinks he might be the best option. Timur commissions a man to write a large document of the history of him and his empire as well as a second document stating that the man by the name of Alahar Razad, the man who helps people in Baghdad. In order to guarantee this succession occurs smoothly Timur knows his son must die so he prepares for that loss, then sends a Persian assassin to kill his son after Jerusalem is taken.
- Papal States: With the visit of the Lollard community being a success, Pope Gregory XII announces that all popes must visit at least one of the sui iuris churches during their papacy. Due to this, he sents a letter to the Patriarch of the Western Church annoucing that he will make a visit next year. [Western Church response needed, please]. When the pontiff receives news about the siege of Jerusalem by Timor, he returns immediately to Rome. Once there, Gregory XII sends a letter to King Janus of Cyprus, saying that he must be prepared, because the Devil of the Steppe can soon attack his kingdom. Once again he declares that all Christians that survive the fall of Jerusalem or that were fleeing from Timor will receive safe haven in the Papal States and asks the Kingdom of Cyprus to help move refugees from the Middle East to Italy [MOD response needed, please]. This year Ernest of Habsburg and Catharina of Saxony have a son named Frederick. Diplomacy: Pope Gregory XII allows the Prince-Bishopric of Lausanne to join the Swiss Confederacy.
- Western Church Diplomacy: The new Western Patriarch Diego Castro y Echeverría welcomes Pope Gregory XII to Navarre.
- Empire of Ethiopia: Merchants returning from Egypt report that the Middle East is in chaos. A horde of barbarians has invaded Mesopotamia and the Levant, sacking Mosul and Baghdad, the centers of power in the area, and has besieged the Holy City of Jerusalem. The merchants are brought to the Imperial Court, where they relay their news to the Emperor. When asked about these barbarians, the merchants mention that the ones invading the Middle East cried “Timur! Timur! Timur!” The Emperor is shocked to hear that the barbarians invading the Middle East also use the same war cry as the barbarians invading India. This suggests that the same barbarians that have descended onto India also seem to be invading the Middle East. The emergence of such a powerful barbarian horde, strong and vast enough to invade the Middle East and India, terrifies the Ethiopian court. News that the barbarians have besieged Jerusalem sparks a myriad of responses. Some more militant nobles demand that the Emperor send the Imperial Army to rescue Jerusalem, while others insist that diplomats must be sent to the barbarians to secure peace at all cost. The Emperor decides he will do nothing and will wait to see how the situation unfolds before making a decision. Currency continues to be infused throughout the Empire, with more farmers adopting the currency in order to more easily sell their wares and purchase supplies. With the barbarians invading the Middle East and India, throwing both regions into disarray, trade with these regions is severely disrupted. To make up for the loss of these valuable trade routes, the Empire begins rapidly developing and promoting trade to the Swahili and to the inland African tribes. Textiles, iron tools and weapons, and salt are traded to the inland African tribes in increasing quantities. Ivory, rhino horn, and tortoise shell becomes a main staple of this trade. However, by far the most valuable trade comes in the form of slaves. The slave trade vastly increases as other trade slowly diminishes. The Swahili also begin trading large numbers of slaves to Ethiopia, along with the native Madagascar tribes. Slaves become an increasing part of Ethiopia’s exports, selling slaves to Yemen, Oman, Egypt and other Middle Eastern kingdoms.
- Swiss Confederacy: 4,000 Swiss mercenaries are sent south to help the crusaders of Tripolitania, with Friedrich von Lenzburg (b. 1366), son of Gottfried von Lenzburg and first cousin once removed of Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg, travelling with them as one of their commanders, along with the elderly Thomas Wagner, who had served as temporary governor of Sargans and Werdenberg during the anti-Habsburg campaign in the 1360s. (Lotharingia response). The new Canton of Lausanne is incorporated after word is received from Pope Gregory XII, and it is given a seat on the Central Council. As the mercenaries are sent south, the joint military of the Swiss Confederacy focuses on fortifying the new southwestern Cantons of Neuchâtel and Lausanne, particularly their western borders near the conflict areas of France. Bishop of Basel Ludovico Mazzo and Bishop of Constance Kuno von Stoffeln urge Burgundy to make peace with the French crown and end this overlong conflict. (Mod response if necessary) Meanwhile, the Central Council continues to pay close attention to the actions of Burgundy and England, though the ongoing deployment of mercenaries to aid the crusade in Libya means Swiss mercenary involvement in France is less likely at this stage. Western Patriarch Lluis Urrutia (1321-1398) dies of natural causes at the age of 77, and is replaced by Diego Castro y Echeverría (b. 1342), a priest from Tudela. The Swiss Bishop of Sion Guillaume IV of Raron writes to Pope Gregory XII, asking him to create the new Western Patriarch as cardinal. (Papal response). Domestically, the government works on improving the boatbuilding in Lucerne on Lake Lucerne and in Constance on Lake Constance. Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg travels to Gorizia to attend the wedding of his daughter Sophia von Lenzburg to Henry VI, Count of Gorizia. Ulrich VII von Lenzburg and Constance of York have their first child, a son named Heinrich III (b. 1398). Later in the year, Amadeus V, Count of Geneva and Louisa Bruce have their second child, a son named Aymon IV (b. 1398).
- Papal Diplomacy: Pope Gregory XII creates Diego Castro y Echeverria as cardinal.
- Roman Empire: The Greek Anagénnisi continues in step with the Italian Renaissance. Cultural exchange between Italian and Roman masters see painting grow in importance in Constantinople and other major port cities, while great marble sculptures are exported to the Italian Cities to adorn their cathedrals and castles. Classical Sculptures become all the rage in Constantinople, and their possession a sign of immense status. A beautifully carved winged victory is brought from Samothrace to adorn the entry hall of the Imperial Palace in Constantinople. Known as the Nike of Samothrace, the winged figure depicted in the statue becomes an unofficial symbol of the Anagénnisi. Roman musical development adopts more Italian styles and forms, but retains a distinct cultural heritage. The study of the ancient world accelerates as the Pandidakterion expansion becomes more fully established. Of particular interest to the scholars are the principles of energia and entelecheia. They combined these concepts with the Pythagorean Numerology trying to mathematically define the Aristotlalian ideas. Their efforts are largely futile, but the concept of “Concrete Numbers” develops as a way to describe physical events with dimensions. More Christian refugees are welcomed and settled throughout the rural areas of the Empire, it is expected that perhaps another 10,000 might make the journey, but with the depopulation of the past century any number is welcome.
- Kingdom of England: Following our Defeat at Paris, the remaining 18,000 Anglo-Burgundian troops retreat back into Normandy where they position themselves in Rouen and begin fortifying the city in anticipation of a French Counter-Offensive. In addition to this, 3,500 troops from England and 1,500 from Burgundy are moved to Normandy to reinforce the 18,000 men at Rouen increasing the size of the Anglo-Burgundian to 22,000 men with the Anglo-Burgundian Force still outnumbered by the French. With a new Crusade in North Africa, John II pledges 2,000 Forces to the Christian cause calling for a truce with France in order to take down their common enemy, in the name of God (French Response Needed.) Meanwhile, the Kingdom of England accepts the offer of the Hanseatic League seeing that they would become a vital trade ally. With Scotland agreeing to limit their interference, John II considers the Welsh Crisis (Standoff between England and Scotland) over and soon orders the troops under the Duke of Glouscester to withdraw from the border with Scotland and keeping a garrison force of 1,000 men to ensure the Scots do not launch any Border Raids as seen approximately ten years ago.
- Kingdom of France: The defenders of Paris put up a fanatic defense and decisively repel the attackers. Now that the Anglo-Burgundians have retreated to Normandy, French forces are able to recapture most of interior Picardy. With the ball in France's court, Louis XI agrees to the proposition of a truce set forward by John II, provided that all armies - except those on crusade - stand down and return home. Not one to turn down a good crusade, Louis sends 4,000 crusaders to the shores of the Hafsid Sultanate, supported by a strong fleet.
- Joseon: Following his abdication of being King of Joseon, Taejo Joseon invades Manzhuguo with an expeditionary force of 15,000 as General of Joseon in order to establish a Korean vassal kingdom under his name-asserting Korean hegemony over the region and clearing out a potential landing ground for a future Japanese invasion of Joseon-for Japan is by nature militaristic. The first phase of the invasion is first capturing Amoi before securing control of the Ussuri by following it then setting up camp in present day Khabarvosk before iniating the second phase of the campaign-securing the Amur River by advancing up it and besieging the Amaruji fort in an encirclement, blocking vital parts of the Great Manchu Highway. Domestically, General Taejo's son King Jeongjung personally leads the Neoconfucian revival in Joseon-dedicated to its study and advancing the study of Li to all of Joseon-ordering the Joseon Heavenly Military to teach and adopt Neo-Confucian thought to their already established military academies and military schools, becoming the official state ideology of Joseon. Neo-Confucianism and the Military harmonize well, for both uphold the value of merit in society which can be understood in physical reality. Increasingly, the Joseon people discover and are assigned to positions best matched to their skillset and temperment as education is expanded via state and military edicts. General Taejo's invasion divide the Hanseong court, with many saying that the Joseon Heavenly Army should only defend Joseon, not attack other powers and that attacking will only bring an attack upon Joseon's home soil, mainly those of the central school, who believe most in the importance of an unyielding core defense. Those who defend General Taejo's invasion call his detractors traitors for daring to question the Great General Taejo, founder of Joseon, marking his brilliance of seizing the moment, striking when it was a good oppturnity. The main supporters of General Taejo are of the flanking school, who value manueverability and adaptability over all, with the extreme wings calling for King Jeongjung to execute those who oppose General Taejo's actions for treason. Jeongjung is uninterested in what he sees as petty military squabbling and goes back to constructing the Mummyo Confucianist shrine, angering General Taejo's supporters for not even punishing them-not even a word of warning. The Central School is also angered by Jeongjung's indifference in what they see as a dire situation - the Japanese may invade Joseon itself and the King is primarily concerned with a shrine and philosophy. To prepare for a Japanese attack the doctrine of Fortress Korea is implemented by the Joseon Heavenly Military, fortifying the southern coast and the Korean-Manzhuego border with expanded fortification of Hanseong and Pyongyang. Internal development expands exponentially as Joseon is being fortified by orders of Joseon's Heavenly Military High Command and all are commanded to be strong and stand ready to defend from Japanese attack. The lack of site of Japanese of our ships proves to be to our advantage as we heavily bombard Japanese ships raiding Busan, especially those clumped together in raiding and lightly bombard those raiding Incheon from both land and sea, managing critical blows against the Japanese navy. We condemn these Japanese naval attacks for they are assaults on mainland Korea, this is a colonial war.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": Franz Ackerman and his Ackerman volunteer group arrive in Libya thus increasing the total number of Crusaders to 22,000 troops. This number being very close to the number of the Hafsid Caliphate, Thus the Army readies up once more. "To Remember Scipio the man send by God to free Africa" the Kingdom of Tripolitania wanting to show her Romanness. The Crusader army preparing cannons and Trebuchets and most importantly the transport lines are organised. This is done by buying cammels and setting up small front refreshment stations, this is done on the half-way point between Censor and Tripoli, the distance being about five Brabantine miles (25 km). Which is still outside the range of Trebuchets and Cannons, While at the same time the Crusader navy of Bari Begins to blockade the city of Tripoli using some cannons from the Cannoneers to bombard the city into surrender. A Local aproaching the camp his name being Botros 'Aviyah Ataullah a Local Christian Arab, who asks about the possibily to Join the Nubian knights even if he's not Nubian. The Order answerring with a call on all opressed people of Tripolitania to join the Crusade the Rebellion against Corruption.
- Japanese Empire: The invasion by Korea into the Frontier province is met with complete surprise to the Emperor who officially delcares war shortly thereafter. The empire officially organizes a response noticing clearly the Korean forces have avoided the most major point of entrance on the mainland to the Imperial Army the port city of Aimoi. the Japanese forces come in waves with nearly every military and transport ship being made available to transport the army. A 20,000 strong contingent made up of the four noble houses under General Hiroshi Takeda, march toward Korea after landing on the coast near a small port and put the city of Chongjin to Siege late in the year. The Encampment of Japanese troops under General Takeda is heavily fortified with wooden breastworks and clearly defensive barriers guarding the camp turning it into a small fort itself. The siege is intentionally kept moderate to provoke a response from the remaining Korean forces within the kingdom and at any sign a Korean army are to fall back an array for a field battle with a short feigned retreat back to the defensive fortifications of the camp. The main army of 30,000 led by Kampaku Isamu Niryu is mobilized first across the sea to relieve Aimoi. However, as the Korean forces have already put to siege, one of the small fishing villages sees immediate arrival of a trusted Daimyo who calls the Manchu Bannerlords to war. 15,000 troops from the Manchus are marshalled quickly and sent south to relieve Aimoi and its garrison attacking the Korean army hopefully sandwiching them between the city walls, and the Manchu army effectively keeping this as a defensive battle to relieve Aimoi rather than having to assault the city themselves. 5,000 troops are rushed to the city to defend via the existing garrison of 5,000 within Manzhuguo who was closer to the south near the port at the time due to better supply. The still open port facilities being located within the city walls allowing for supply and a concentrated defense of the city against the 15,000 strong Korean force. Seeing no Korean ships outside of port, a series of series raids are conducted primarily on Busan, and Incheon as well as various smaller ports. A major fleet of nearly 40 heavy ships, and 75 medium ships and 50 light ships is marhsalled together to act as the primary battle force in case a Korean fleet mobilizes to deal with the raids. The war is annoying for the trade guilds who are forced to deviate a serious amount of their personal ship power to transport the imperial forces across the sea of Japan. However, by the end of the year, a moderate task force of about 200 ships is brought together to effectively act as the designated permanent supply corps for the forces on the mainland, guarded heavily by nearly 20 more heavy ships 40 medium and over 200 light ships.
Timor's sack of Jerusalem devastates the population there of every religion indiscriminately, which also kills the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem. The relics of the Church of the Holy Sepluchre are also looted. The Sultan of Damascus abdicates at this point, and accepts his portion of the Levant to be annexed by the Mamluk Sultanate.
King John II dies upon the conclusion of the Lancastrian phase of the Anglo-French War. His son Henry Bolingbroke is proclaimed to be King Henry IV. Burgundy likewise makes peace with representatives of Switzerland mediating the delegation, affirming their vassalization to France once again.
The Hafsid Sultanate have acted passively toward the new Christian state in Janzur and Djelba, steadily mounting their military and allied bedoin tribes along with siege weapons.
Sultan Barquq dies, and is succeeded by his son, An-Nasir Faraj, as Sultan of Egypt.
The Saint Vitus Cathedral is built in Prague by Peter Parler, being a new standard of European architecture.
Danish noblewoman Ide Pedersdotter dies, and in her will her fortunes are given for a nunnery to be built. Feeling this last act was misplaced, the Bishop of Zeeland instead donates the money to build an abbey in Zeeland, instead of a nunnery.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We do more baby making. We are keeping make a primitive rune/pictograph writing system which is being improve over time. We start to hunt and move around about nation more. We also start to farm corn, squash and more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. We expand rapidly to the west and south. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Xingu: King Prepori, leading the Xingu army, gives the Kaiabi an ultimatum: agree to be peacefully incorporated into the kingdom, or be conquered. (Mod response needed). Meanwhile, back at the kingdom,
various schools are set up to teach young boys certain skills for their respective class. Also, hospitals are being set up throughout the kingdom, which, in addition to being for the treatment of sick and injured, are also used to train potential doctors.
- The Kaiabi do not submit, and warn the Xingu that if they try to attack the Kaiabi will kill their king and eat him.
- Little to early for you to do anything like this especially as a tribal kingdom. -Feud
- Iceland: The Queen Regent continues to send shipments to the colonies since Domnhall is fighting in the Crusade. The Queen holds a big speech in honor of her husband calling him “Domnhall the Crusader” but she herself earns the nickname “Bonne the intriguing” do to her compelling way of speech. The Upper Council decides to add six ships to the Celtic Confederate Navy. The Hospital of Ari Arason is open in the spot where he cured the deadly ill, in its lobby there is a signed copy of “Myndin af Dorian Gráa”. We propose a marriage between a young girl from the Royal House of Reginar.(Lothringian Response needed).
- Kingdom of Scotland: Our Scottish 3,000 crusaders under William Bruce, William Walllace and James Douglas (great-grandson of his infamous namesake, the Black Douglas) are becoming impetient with the prolonged waiting and urge the leader of the crusade King Regnier and Holy Roman Emperor to take aggressive action against the heathen Hafsids now that we have numerical superiority and the Mamluks are preoccupied with Timor, before they turn their gaze against us. [Lotharingian Player Response] King Robert II Bruce continues to strive to became regarded as a fair King by his subjects, in a bid to ensue his legacy for posterity. He tries to arbitrate between nobles and peasants alike trying to solve disputes as fairly as possible his capabilities allow him to. David III's son Edward continues to grow, developing his abilities under the loving care of his father and his mother. Our shipbuilding program to enhance out navy is ramping up, so far these past ten years we have manufactured a sizable numbers of vessels, more specifically ten Hulks, 25 Cogs, 35 Birlinns, 30 Picards, ten Viking Longships, 40 Kochs and Oighears [25 Oighears and 15 Kochs], expecting to produce even more. The Imperial Capital of the Isle of Mann having taken advantage of all these years of peace have transformed into a rather booming and prosperous trading hub, where Scots, Irish, local Manx, some persecuted Welsh people who fled as well as a few Icelanders have settled here and enriched its atmopshere, turning it into a rather multicultural and cosmopolitan hub. Great works start their construction in the Imperial capital by the Ameraudur of the Celts Robert I Bruce, such as strengthening its already very defensible walls and developing its surroundings, the vast countryside of the Isle of Mann. King Robert II Bruce hears of the exploits of his subject Henry Sinclair and becomes interested in his work of exploring the Northern Sea. He decides to fund him with enough ships, money and supplies to make his work of exploration easier. [Mod Response].
- Henry Sinclair accepts.
- Empire of Ethiopia: The refugees from India return, bringing news of terror and death at the hands of a new powerful warlord named Timur, who many Christians swear is the devil himself. The descriptions of Timur are monstrous, stating he is huge and devours human flesh and can smell the blood of Christians. Many of the refugees proficient in cotton farming are settled in the Ethiopian highlands. Intellectuals, scholars and skilled laborers and craftsmen are offered positions in government ministries while peasants are settled in northern Somalia to help further Ethiopian colonization of the area. Adding to the news of invasions and terror comes word that the Holy City of Jerusalem has been sacked and destroyed, with religious buildings of all faiths being destroyed and looted, with the Church of the Holy Sepluchre being looted and a Patriarch being murdered. The news devastates and infuriates the Ethiopian population, with the Bishop of Ethiopia joining the more militant nobles in calling for action to be taken against the barbarians. Word also reaches the Empire of the Barquq’s death. In response to both events, the Emperor sends a delegation of nobles to the new Sultan An-Nasin Faraj, offering to renew Ethiopia and Egypt’s defensive alliance if he will allow Ethiopia to establish trade offices in Alexandria, Cairo and Sinai. [MOD RESPONSE NEEDED]. He also sends gifts of ivory, dyed textiles, perfumes, and a chest of Ethiopian Rupees as a gift for the new Sultan’s coronation. In Ethiopia, the severe disruption of trade caused by the turmoil of Timur’s invasions forces many merchants to continue finding new sources of trade. Trade with the inland African tribes and allied Kingdoms grows as more merchants trade there, with the Blue Nile serving as an easy trade route for merchants. Settlements built along the Nile begin to see an increase in merchants who come bearing cotton textiles, salt pucks and perfumes. In Somalia, a small town has been built on the site of the death of Laurentius the Martyr. This new settlement is called Laurentium, and is built around the monastery there, erected by local Somali Christian monks. The monks begin exerting their own influence over the theology of the region, having their own parish and numerous clergymen.
- Livonian Order: An abbey is started building his must last a few years to finish it requested by the monastery the Germans had to built stuff for the work in workshop of the Teutonic Order to support the abbey's construction the senate is looking suprising that Robin has a new improvement to improve the economy of Livonia and the future most of military are being constructed with Swedish armor and shield the Riga conquer the region of Saule's from the perspective and the Daugava's territory to grow up the among population of development one of the noblemen of the House of the Eltz, assumes that the war continues on the duchy about send an army of 12,000 in narva to push it off down the enemy to cause the increase of the economy a regret that a survival problem, that Robin proclaimed the throne of Croatia in a problematic issues incease a war with the throne all thought the force military forces many artisan to leave in the trade to investigating if their enemy so they send up in Germany for possession to monarchy's agreement with the House of Eltz in Prague one of administrator, are raised up from the ministerialis which Robin had a lot issues for it though older source mention the house was orginally come back from Trier to occur with it to keep their ancestor from day to day the throne of Eltz took the control of a vassal of influence of the region to remain the legacy of the Livonian Order with the suzerain from the Great Palatinate privilege entitled the Eltz people to grandmaster in select of notary public the order also acquired with the lordship of Vukorar and building the Eltz tombe of the legacy of the nation the artisan also send some gift toward in Europe and serving for commerce indiquate at the role of monastery another law order is being establish and most of texts are being written with the abbesse erected by the German nobles on the castle, most of theologian in their focus among the life of Christianity and the life of people by local Christians German from Germany on the site of House of the Eltz the Calvinist written some protestant book that need to be finished in some year and the Lutherans that identifies called the reformation of Christianity among the church authorities and one of Riga demand to have the doctrine of justification differ from Christology at purpose god's law from the concept they write some book about the life and one of Bibles is being written from theologians to publisher at the monastery of the tomb of the House of Eltz and the local leader of the Teutonic.
- Japanese Empire: The survival of Aimoi in the siege against the Koreans gives a wide berth as the Main Japanese Army from the homeland arrives. 30,000 strong and supported by the 15,000 strong Manchu banner forces, the Army slams into the remaining Korean forces in Manzhu hitting them from two directions noting they are effectively trapped in Japaneze Manzhuguo. (Algo to come.) The Japanese navy effectively ignores any and all issues regarding the Korean protests about assaulting home territory and the fleet continues to raid and hit every conceivable port utilizing cannon artillery on the ships to cause much collateral damage. The prior fleet of nearly 165 ships hanging off the coast of Korea effectively browbeat any Korean response force from sailing forth to challenge the raids With all Korean ships effectively being contained to their various home ports with their forces to be potentially defeated in detail if they attempt to sail out and unify for a direct battle. The Japanese army at Chongjin continues its previous stance of a siege but also retreating to its own defensive fortifications should a Korean army arrive to challenge them. The defensive fortifications at the fort are continually built up with the camp being closer to the coast. A series of port facilities are constructed as well in order to better keep supply in the region with the Encampment of the Japanese army effectively turning into a supply depot itself as the Japanese navy pushes deeper on the Korea coast on the sea of Japan tightening the noose. A small raiding force captures the Korean island of Jeju being only home to a few scattered villages and a former grazing pasture for the Yuan horseman back in the day. (More coming).
- Mali Empire: The full education system of Mali has reached its peak capacity from the universities of Timbuktu and Dakar, as well as the formal schools in the Sidinate. The military has also been fully modernized and equipped at this point, still maintaining certain tribalistic customs for officers and heirarchy. Integration of Manding cultures continues, which indirectly causes a gradual rise of profits in the slave market. Simba has redirected the focus of the Malian infrastructure toward the navy, which at this point has completed a small fleet of galleys in addition to the frigates purchased from Portugal and Spain. Starting this year, Mali also began to focus on the construction of their own carracks, of which two were completed by the end of the century. Mansa Simba died toward the end of 1399, closing out a century of wealth and development for the West African Empire. The epic of his life and biography is attributed to Osama Al-Ismak, a prominent writer in the Sidinate at the time of Emire Jibril. The Epic of Simba is most well-known literature as an early example of the Dutch-Tameshq creole created by the descendents of the Sidinate from Hendrickus' original crew. Simba died without any sons, thus ending the direct line of Keita tracing back to Konate. Instead, the Gbara acknowledged his son-in-law Musa as the new emperor, the husband of Simba's eldest daughter Keana. Being the son of Mansa Dawud of Bornu, this helped to solidify relations between the two empires, and officially accept the Treaty of Kano as the legislative union of the two nations.
- India: There was a major revolt in the Belur Sultanate against the Belur Sultan, who had converted to Islam, in 1394, the Sultanate of Maabar intervened and conquered the region. The Maabar Sultan, Sultan Affan Rahman Faiz revolted against the weak Sultan Nadir Shah Khilji and declared independence in 1395. All during this time there continued severe political upheaval in Delhi as Timur's forces advanced against the weakening Hindustani forces and there were several attempts on the Sultan's life. Bolstered by these events, the military leaders of the Gulbarga (Abdul Razzaq Khan), Golconda (Mohammed Karim Ali) and Sultanpur (Kamran Hussain Shah) forts in the Deccan also declared independence in 1396. These events forced Sultan Nadir Shah Khilji to flee Delhi and he reestablished his base in Ferozeabad (OTL Rajshahi) and began expanding the small garrison town. The military leader Azhar Fakir Mehmood revolted with the entire military establishment in Delhi to oppose the Timurid forces. Delhi fell and was sacked in 1398. As all this happened, Sultan Nadir Shah Khilji pulled himself away from the affairs of his Sultanate and had completely delegated them to a loyal military commander, Ibrahim Khan Gardi.
- Papal States: Pope Gregory XII and a Roman delegation travels to España where he meets Cardinal-Patriarch Diego Castro y Echeverría. He also meets with Emperor Francisco of España. The pontiff is astonished by the news of the Fall of Jerusalem to Timor and the violence that happened. During his stay with the Western Church, Gregory XII makes a speech where he compares Timor and his horde as locusts that seek to devour the world. The pontiff also says that Timur is the Devil himself, which don't have mercy, because he killed even his fellow Muslins. Meanwhile, in the Papal States, the construction of the Basilica of Our Lady of Victory is finally coming to an end, with the construction being estimated to finish in three years. After his visit to España and to the Western Church, the pope returns to Rome. After arriving in the Papal States, the pontiff celebrates the marriage of Frederick of Habsburg and Sandra of Iceland in the Church of Santa Maria della Pietà, Pogglio Miterto. Since the reforms made by Albert III of Habsburg in this church, it's known as the Church of the Austrians or as the Habsburg Church. Seeing that the crusaders in Libya needs help, the pontiff sends more 2,000 men. They will be leadered by Leopold IV of Habsburg and his young brother Frederick.
- Swiss Confederacy: The Central Council is pleased with the peace agreement between Burgundy and France, and Bishop of Basel Ludovico Mazzo and Bishop of Constance Kuno von Stoffeln are praised for their diplomatic mediation. With this peace in France, the Central Council decides to focus on the crusade in Libya for now, and 4,000 Swiss mercenaries there under command of Friedrich von Lenzburg and Thomas Wagner are maintained. The joint military of the Confederacy focuses on fortifying the mountain passes and roads on the southern border of the nation in the Cantons of Chur, Disentis, Uri and Sion. The Canton of Lausanne sends an envoy to the independent town of Grandson, entirely surrounded by the Swiss Cantons of Lausanne and Neuchâtel, and suggests to the burgomaster that the town should join the Canton of Lausanne for logistical benefit due to it being surrounded by Swiss territory and greater trade with the surrounding cities. (Mod response). Hearing of the death of King John II of England, Ulrich VII von Lenzburg talks to his wife Constance of York about the instabilities in England that the Swiss Central Council had investigated several years ago during the war, and then approaches Constance's father Edmund, Duke of York and brother of the late king. Ulrich talks to Edmund about how John's son Henry Bolingbroke is set to inherit the throne, but John had only inherited the throne in the first place because of the mysterious death of the previous King Edward IV's son Richard while the latter was under John's care. Ulrich theorises that John had murdered Richard to gain the throne, which would make him a traitor and both John and his children's claims to the throne invalid. As Edmund would be next in line to the throne after John's children, Ulrich encourages him to push to be crowned King instead of Henry. (Mod or England response). Domestically, the government works on increasing lumber production to aid boatbuilding, weapon-making and general construction and create more potential trade goods. The card games printed by the Zürich and Bern Libraries continue to be popular amongst the local nobility and earn a profit for the libraries. Sophia von Lenzburg and Henry VI, Count of Gorizia have their first child, a son named Meinhard VIII (b. 1399), and Heinrich II, Count of Lenzburg visits Gorizia to celebrate his birth. Later in the year, Engelbert I & IV, Duke jure uxoris of Saxe-Wittenberg and Count of the Mark, and Anna, Duchess of Saxe-Wittenberg, have their second child, a daughter named Bonne de la Marck (b. 1399).
- Grandson agrees.
- State of Xaroyaca: The conquest of Mixteca ends this year, as Yaluk II defeats the forces of Moyolemina, who submits his state to Xaroyaca under conditions that tribute is paid. Upon Yaluk II's arrival at the gates of the Zapotek kingdoms, the Zapotek Tlatoani Teuiton simply submits to their overlordship, himself believing that Iuihua and his forces are a sign of Copijcha's will, speaking later that he had received a vision from the dream diety, Pecala, that proclaimed if Teuiton had not submitted that his kingdom would be vanquished into eternal fire. Compiling of the featured religious texts begins, featuring Izel's Literature, the Life of Tepeu, and the Text of Tlēolaltik. This compilation of texts is retroactively known as the "Moon Texts", with the "Sun Texts" later featuring the Thirty-Five Edicts, Yaluk II's Literature, and the two Texts of Iuihua. Later texts, although considered by some scholars are heretical literature, are still documented into the retroactive Sea Texts.
- Tian China:News of the Korean invasion of Japanese Manchuria is received with complete and utter shock at the beginning of this year, as every member of the imperial court is completely baffled by the absolute insanity required to attempt an invasion of a strong nation right after a civil war, and after China just reaffirmed the Japanese rights to the region with another tributary. This ultimately forces us to intervene, as we would otherwise look weak to the rest of the nations of Asia, and the will of China must not be defied without punishment. As a result, we move 95,000 Chinese troops to the Korean Border, led by the Prince and General Xuanye, one of the most experienced and skilled military leaders in the Tian Empire. He is ordered to wait while the empire figures out what it desires to do but eventually, urged on by the massive pro Goryeo faction in the Chinese court (which includes many of those who fled from Korea in the previous civil war there, including many prominent scholars in the court and many who were forced to flee by the new dynasties political purges upon winning, and they make up the majority of the pro-Korean forces in the Chinese court, as the Joseon have had little time to try to create any factions in favor of them and Goryeo has had many years to do so, with those political connections staying in place the last few years) and by her own Anti-Korean biases from actions taken by previous rulers and desire to take over much of there Manchurian territory, the Empress-Regent orders the Prince to invade Korea in support of our former ally, king Chang of Korea, who we had helped install after the betrayal of No U but who had been deposed due to the treacherous actions of Taejo Joseon and those villains who supported him. We begin this by marching our main 80,000 Chinese troops through Liaoning, in order to strike at Dandong and Yalian, so they may be secured as bases for further strikes into Korea. In addition to this, the 15,000 Mongolian and Manchurian forced serving in the Chinese army in this area, armed by the prince with the best horses, armor and weaponry money can buy, are sent in a variety of scouting missions and attacks into northern Korea, slipping past Korean fortifications in the area to launch raids on cities and villages throughout the region and do major damage to them if possible before they withdraw back to Tian lines, before quickly setting out to launch raids once again, hoping to disrupt Korean supply lines and decrease morale by burning there homes well they are fighting, and the fierce forces are hard to fight with traditional Korean methods, and they serve to heavily supplement Han Chinese forces in battle, the strengths of the Steppe archers serving alongside and complementing those of the more traditional Chinese forces, with both covering each others weakness and complementing each others strengths. (Algorithm needed for all this). Although this would be an extremely strange and unusual to witness during the rule of the last two emperors, the empress-regents foreign birth has made her more open to such things, and people tend to be far less angered by the use of such forces when they are turned against enemy non-Chinese forces instead of Chinese soldiers, and Xuanye is well experienced in making use of their talents form his own many years fighting on the steppe alongside them against those who continued to resist Chinese rule, who were often there rival tribes. This has also helped forge a deep personal bond between his Han forces and those of the so called barbarians they fight alongside, although these kinds of attitudes would not be acceptable outside these contexts, with most who know of this dismissing them as simply exceptions to the rule, something that would lead to many of the “noble savage” depictions of such forces in latter Chinese culture. The Chinese cultural rennisance also continues during this period, with painting and other forms of art beginning to occupy an increasingly important role in Chinese culture and entertainment during this period, with the styles that would lattr come to be defined as the early Ming period styles in OTL, but which ATL are known as the early Tian period, beginning to first be developed during this era as we start to move farther and farther away from the styles of the Yuan period and more and more into a new, more unique style which more perfectly incorporates calligraphy, while also seeing the beginnings of the revival of the Ma-Xia style from the southern Song period, under the influence of the influential direction of the scholar Dai Jin and his Zhe school, which encouraged conservative earlier styles associated with the Tang and Song.
- Kingdom of England: Following the death of his father, Henry Boilingbroke returns to England as English troops are demobilized and is soon crowned King of England and becomes Henry IV of England. As his father had signed a truce with the French, Henry IV moves forth to withdraw most English troops from Normandy keeping a small force of 3,000 men in Normandy while withdrawing the remaining 12,500 other English troops from the region. However, despite this, Henry IV treats this Truce as a simple ceasefire and decides to use it as an opportunity to seek new allies for a future push against the French. Henry IV decides to begin by seeking his old allies of Spain and Burgundy sending Diplomats to Spain to negotiate a new alliance between Spain and England as Henry IV sees Spain as one of England's most vital allies. (Spanish Response Needed) while sending diplomats to negotiate a secret deal with the Duke of Burgundy in which Burgundy would support England in a future conflict. (Burgundian Response Needed). (Secret). With Henry IV finding out of a Plot engineered by the Swiss to oust him. The King of England decides to send agents to spy on his uncle Edmond, Duke of York in order to ensure that he does not try to push any claim to the English throne while continuing the espionage efforts on the Prince of Wales. Henry IV soon begins considering to assassinate both Edmond and Orwain but refrains from doing so unwilling to spark an internal conflict. (End of Secret.)
- Kingdom of Portugal: King Peter-Fernando I continues to refuse to join the crusade citing that it is unecessary and will only leave portuguese citizens dead. The king does his annual family visit where he alone enters the mausoleum of King Peter II and Queen Inez and...no one knows what else happens. Meanwhile, in preparation for the 1400s, the king announces that he and Queen Consort Triss will visit every single city in Portugal and Gordes. Gordes receives the status of a Royal city with a governor-general reporting directly to the king.
- Majapahit Empire: Raja Wikramawardhana's tour of his empire ends up in the Bruneian Kingdom where he is to share a cask if wine with the Raja of Brunei. (Mod Response). Back at home the ruler of Blambangan passes away to much sorrow, the Bhre of Wirabhumi rises to take his place as ruler of Blambangan causing a rise in tensions between Majapahit and Blambangan. With the Raja out touring the Kingdom his advisors attempt to prevent the escalation as both want their wives to be the Bhre of Lasem. The Majapahit Navy continues to secure trade across the kingdom while trade witnessess a decline as the Sultanate of Hindustan falls under siege from the hordes of Timur. Djong ships continue witness improvement as the resources available to the Empire's shipyards continue to expand. Cirebon's shipyards expand to produce more ships as Cirebon is central in the Empire and draws in traders from across the region. The guild witnesses a decline in its influence as external trade to India continues to decline in these tumultous times and the government of Wikramawardhana attempts to curb its growth. Majapahit continues to sponsor monks travelling to all parts of the Nusantara to convert natives and Muslims. Infrastructure development continues on Sumatra the governmnet supports the construction of roads and irrigation.
- The Raja of Brunei sends a messenger asking to humbly excuse the Raja, who has come down with an illness, and so refuses to attend the audience of the Emperor.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": The Crusader army's command is given to Franz Ackerman, thus this signals the start of the Siege of Tripoli. The newly arrived Franco-English forces land in تاجوراء (Tajura) and thus the whole city of Tripoli is serounded by the Crusader army. The crusader navy attacking and Bombarding the city together, the attack on the city becoming a general siege. The crusader army still growing in Numbers the total being 29,000 soldiers from across Western Europe, the Order itself provinding 2,000 soldiers and a lot of monks and scribes. The Order of Bari mostly sending people for administrative posts, As the Bari population is very well educated. With this help the English and French are able to repair harbours and build some small churches for the soldiers and the local Christians. This all being the Siege of Tripoli, the Cannoneers crusade where logistics and transport are even more important. While in Lotharingia the Senatus Regus Lothari and the King begin to now fully addapt to the Aachen union. Stability returning with the Commen cause the people have to liberate north africa. Aachen Surplanting Brussels and Mechelen in importance, The city growing at a very fast rate. The city becoming bigger then Malines after 50 years of Mechelen being the Biggest and most important city of the Realm.
- Joseon: Taejo Joseon retreats from Japanese Manchuria, ending the reason for war against Japan. A fleet of 20 heavy ships, 40 mid ships, and 60 light ships is sent from Dalian to Jeju with a force of 10,000 men to liberate the island from Japanese occupation. The Manchu/Mongolian raids of burning down Korean towns only serve to anger the populace, and 60,000 rise to defend Liaoning from attack, along with the 20,000 garrisoned in Dalian and Dangdong, leaving 50,000 to defend each city, with 15,000 of our own Manchurian forces counter raiding the Tian backed Manchurian raiders.