In Lotharingia, a number of royal knights, merchants, royal advisers and clerics gather a conspiracy in an attempt to depose King John VI. This is born out of their prejudice to the perceived Spanish takeover of the government, and disagreement on his domestic policies. Although the admiralty is not part of this conspiracy, King John's alienation of the military is another factor of the revolt. The main leader of this conspiracy is the Archbishop of Utrecht.
During the civil war in France, a local mercenary soldier of Spanish background named Pablo of Bordeaux experiences a deep spiritual awakening while recovering from surgery. He goes on to resign his post in the military and take up religious orders, dedicating his life to scholastic studies of Catholicism.
A smallpox plague breaks out across Mesoamerica in the Tabasco region.
After years of war and exhausting resources on multiple fronts, the Abbasids and Ethiopians suffer drawbacks in supplying their forward armies. The disruption in the profitable Indian ocean trade as well as manpower losses have proven to be extremely costly imparting a great sense of national fatigue for both sides.
King Simeon II of Poland offers to improve relations with the Byzantine Empire. His niece Aleksandra Lisowska is offered in marriage.
In Bohemia, a prominent Swedish singer named Clara Thot enters the court of the Emperor. After spending a significant amount of time together, many people begin to suspect them of conducting an affair.
In Korea, King Jungjong proceeds to purge the government of dissident philosophers among the Neo-Confucianists. Jo Guangjo is the main target of this coup, who had worked for many years instituting steady reforms in the kingdom during the King's minority.
When Iceland's herald arrives at Bratthild, the people there refuse him to land or enforce the ordered arrest of the Greenlandic Bishop, considering him to have immunity from secular powers, and that the dispute of his claims to the Patriarchy should be taken to ecclesiastical authorities.
- Rajdom of Majapahit: the construction of the Buddha statue comes to an end, with repairs and such still take process in the occupied and annexed Demak city-state, trade continues to happen between Europeans and Tian China, a handful of gunsmiths are sent to study the European technology and their way to forge armor, the construction of the riverine fleet comes to it fourth year, Adji Supandi is now 19 years of age, Gaiam Hapkan is 35, we start producing Java arquebus to ensure the protection of our villages as we equip them for the militia, the major cities Garrisons are given the new bought European guns and cannons, the Raja is now 45 years of age, seeing his nation is growing, we continue to train up a handful of 20,000 soldiers to be used in our next conquests as 2,000 sailors are being trained for the usage of the riverine navy, annual tributes are collected from our vassals, 6,000 settlers are sent to enrich Timor population, as more roads be built to maintain and improve the infrastructure of Timor.
- Mahayarda of Timor: the population reaches 260,000. Majapahit have sent us 6,000 settlers more making our population have a total of 266,000 people, the annual tribute is given as promised, as trade continues with the Portuguese merchants who landed in Timor providing us with more equipment, more permanent settlements are being built with roads connecting them.
- Mahayarda of Sebuirto:the region that is a subject to Majapahit is doing well, it people maintains good networks of water routes between the islands and farming, we recently began trading with the Lotharingians, as we do our best to help Majapahit by giving them taxes. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well.
- OOC: Requested to post the work the Majapahit Player had made since he couldn't post.
- Iceland: The King decides to send 2,000 men to apprehend the Patriarch and his priests; he also says anybody who sides with the Patriarch will get on the king's bad side. (Mod Response Needed). The king also asks the Celtic Lollard and Papal Blessing. (Celtic and Papal Response Needed).
- Archbishopric of Mainz: The Manifesto of the Natural Order is Published by the presses of Mainz, and rapidly spreads across Europe. The book is highly praised, both in conservate circles and even (grudgingly) by some of the more piberal thinkers, and as masterpiece of well-reasoned and researched political and philosophic theory. It will come to be considered a Great Work of literature, over time. However, it will have the unfortunate effect of forever associating the name of Aaron von Gemmingen with feudalism, so that in future years his name will automatically be linked with anti-democratic ideas, despite the fact that this same, complicated man, also passed the Edict of Dresden, which took a huge step toward making the church in Germany into a democratic institution. Although Aaron von Gemmingen is always credited as the author, Julius Lieder ghost-wrote at least a quarter of the book, and heavily edited what was already composed at the time of the Archbishop’s death. Archbishop Archbishop Adelbert of Brandenburg is very pleased with the election of a representative from Mainz, Father Alex Krause, to the Great Synod, and he hopes that other diocese which have objections to the Synod’s policies will follow his example, so that their voices may be heard. (Mod Response). He sends a note of thanks to the Duke of Saxony, for his support in urging the Synod to adopt this fair policy. He also thanks the Hanseatic League for their generosity in honoring Mainz with the abilty to name this new colony. The Archbishop names the colony Sauberesburg, in the hopes that this new world will give all people a chance to start fresh. The Archbishop continues to welcome Catholic refugees from all across the Empire, including Luxembourg, into Mainz. This swells the workforce, and generally improves the economy, though they are having some problems, particularly with overcrowding. The Archbishop is inspired by the Hanseatic League’s new colony and, since Mainz is an associate member of the League, he requests permission to send a large number of settlers to the new colony of Sauberesburg (Hanseatic Response). In particular, Mainz now has an overabundance of Priests who have been driven into exile. Archbishop Adelbert proposes to send these surplus priests to the New World, and direct them to establish a mission to convert the natives to Christianity, and to build a school these to educate the native peoples, while teaching them the gospel. Fritz Wright submits a proposal to the Archbishop that the Secular affairs of the Electorate are, in fact, beneath the notice of a man of the church. Yes, the highest office of the land should submit to the holiest office, but the Archbishop should not have to dive his attention between worldly and spiritual affairs, while his is swore to focus on God. He proposes that, since the Council of Mainz now meets regularly to debate the ruling of the Electorate of Mainz, the Archbishop should appoint a secular steward to represent him in these meetings, and handle the day-to-day business of ruling the Electorate. The Archbishop is guarded at first, but the huge number of new seats in the Council is making the debating process long and complex, and Wright has a lot of support. The Archbishop agrees to appoint Wright as Elector-Designate, and give him authority over the secular affairs of the Electorate of Mainz. However, the Archbishop will have universal veto, can appoint or dismiss the Elector-Designate at will, and still pass laws without needing to consult the Council. Archchancellor von Voss is very pleased that the peasant revolt seems to be collapsing in the face of the Imperial Army, and personally congratulates the Grand Marshal.
- Jungist Diplomacy: Martin Breuer tells the Mainz individual they were never elected as a representative. The synod is a local council for Breuer's small home town. Meaning you have to live in the town to be in the council, and furthermore only some positions are de facto elected.
- Tsardom of Russia: The Siege of Kazan begins with 95,000. Having successfully shattered most of the Kazan army, Dimitry's forces are able to completely encircle the city creating a blockade of the land and river trade routes to the city. From The Fort on the Sviyaga River Dimitry orders some of his Sappers (military engineers or builders) to rebuild the fortifications under Greek supervission reinforcing the base with wooden walls reinforced with Earthworks. His artillery bears down on the Walls of Kazan from similar fortified positions protected and manned by the Varyag and streltsy who are increasingly modeled after the Varyag being armed with Bardiches and matchlocks, for both ranged and close combat, using the bardiches to steady their aim as they fire from behind earthworks or war wagons in between. Cossacks plunder the Kazani country side sacking and burning Tatar settlements and rounding up women and children while most men are either taken for labour or executed. Crops are taken and anything that cant be taken is torched to further deprive the Tatars of supplies and starve out the city that is under fire. (Algo Needed). Aleksei is put in charge of protecting supply lines though much of the supplies are now being sent by river to improve speed taking advantage of the large river fleet of the city of Novgorod. He is also put in charge over overseeing the Sappers and Diaks (clerks) who are increasingly employed for both the maintenance and administration of newly planned supply depots and postal system. A lot of carpenters and lumbermen are employed as well as reconstruction of cities and infrastructure begins using loans from Constantinople. Fur trapping also begins again as the disruption caused by the civil war and the Tatar's raids has mostly come to an end and the decline in supplies to Europe have steadily increased the price of furs. Nikolai organizes parties of trappers into the Uralic region once more to begin generating funds for the crown under the new Crown Monopoly, with all trappers being obligated to sell their pelts at company trading posts that will be built over the coming years. For now Moscow and Beloozero are used as trade depots as fur trapping activities are re-established on the frontier. Germans, Greeks, and Balts are invited to to partake. A lot of Finns are once employed as trappers as well. Many of the trappers begin going along the White Sea coast and into the Uralic frontier where years of no hunting has led to local fauna's population growing once more. Nikolai Turgenev completes "The Tsar" publishing it using the printing press in both Greek and Russian. He also continues to compile old Rus' Princely decrees and to study the Pravda Rus' along with the Greek and Novgorod code of Laws. Dimitry gives orders to send tutors from Kiev and Novgorod to his son who is presently staying in the court of Stefan IV of Moldavia so that he may learn Russian, and be taught in mlitary history, theology, and political thought. The young Konstantin who had developed the reputation of a Rogue growing up in the court of Constantinople becomes smitten with a few women of the Moldavian court. Nikolai reaches out to Hansaand Lothringian bankers and merchants to help set up an exchange and trading company in Novgorod, while Greek bankers and merchants are invited to Kiev for the same purpose to working in conjuction with Russian Burghers in those cities. Nikolai consents to sending over some Russian Cossacks to assist with training John's light cavalry. Plans are made to build a new port at the mouth of the Neva River as plans are drawn up to begin building a new merchant fleet there. A lot of the Hungarians who were expelled from Moldavian territory resettled in Russian territories at the behest of Dimitry's mother who is an arpad. A lot of them are resettled around Moscow, Ryazan and NIzhny Novgorod as those cities were competely destroyed or heavily damaged during the civil war. As the walls of Kazan are breached the Varyag once more storm the city first unleashing a several volleys into the defenders as brutal street to street fighting ensues with the Streltsy and pikemen following suit. As the city descends into chaos the violence spirals out of control as the Rus' unleash years of rage in a fury that consumes the city in an orgy of blood lust. The screams of men women and children can be heard as the city is sacked. entire parts of the city go up in flames as the survivors are put in chains including the once great Khan Kamil who is captured before he can throw his life away defending some Tatar women and children who are slaughtered before his eyes. Russian slaves that were captured during the course of Khan Kamil's rebellion are freed and provided with food. The lands around Kazan don't fair much better as Dimitry's cavalry and Cossacks plunder and burn the countrside bringing with them supplies loot and prisoners.
- Hanseatic Dip: The Hansa approves and offers exclusive deals to Novgorod (I'll actually write something. Gimme a sec. LMAO.)
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The building for the House of Barons is continued this year looking all mighty and strongly built. The King continues the construction of a huge castle named Dracula in the capital. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. Another new gun called the matchlock is being implemented into our military and reproduced by our fire arms tech. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers.
- Banate of Bosnia: Within this territory everything is doing fine. We feed off Hungary itself by prospering with trade and the economy. Our industries are doing what we can to help out Hungary.
- Banate of Severin: The territory experiences prosperity from Hungary. Trade is going well and the economy is as well. Other sectors of the nation do well also helping out Hungary.
- Vinland: The population reaches 8,050, plus an additional 150 indentured servants from the Celtic Confederacy, bringing the total population to 8,200. Indenturees predominantly hail from Scotland, Ireland, and Wales, with a small number from Cornwall. A small number of them die along the passage, but the vast majority survive. Around 60, including a handful of families, are sent to Dogajavick. 30 are sent to Hallberg. Ten are sent to Elufsker. 20 are purchased by a Keathutberg metalworker and sent there. The remaining thirty are sent to rural areas. Trade flourishes with the French, Portuguese, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, and Mi’kmaq. The metalworking industry spreads to Keathutberg as the forge there is expanded. The fur industry in Hallberg also develops further. Count Guðmundr and his new wife, Maria Muwinsdottir, have a daughter whom they name Johanna. However, Guðmundr becomes very sick this year. In happy news, Princess Helka gives birth to a healthy daughter whom she names Ruth. In other news, men from the village of Vargrberg are given jobs mining the surrounding area for copper. Indentured servants from Dogajavick are also put to work mining. The copper mined is to be smelted in Dogajavick and hammered into coinage. Some copper is mined. Some coins are hammered this year, numbering around 400. The village of Fiska grows again this year, but not by much. It has a population of about 710. About ten miles south another village is founded and named Bergstrond, in OTL Petty Harbour.
Eric Kuis rejects the Icelandic claim of the island south of Vinland, what they call New Araland. Eric Kuis once more appeals to the Pope, asking him to create a Bishopric on the island of Vinland. (Mod Response). Update: Eric Kuis is pleased that the papacy has elevated the priest Josep Josepsson to Bishop of Vinland. Josepsson has authority over Vinland, Esgigeland, Unamaland, Vestelfrland, Nordberg, and Abegwit. His first order of business is condemning the false "Patriarch" Jomika of Greenland, and supports any action to deprive him of his bishopric and replace him with someone who is less of an upstart. Josepsson also encourages the creation of abbeys around the land.
- Esgigeland and Unamaland: The population is 1,095. The homestead of Markus Arnulfsson is named Marksheim (OTL Halifax). The commonwealth expands. Keathutberg receives about 20 indentured servants who are put to work as agricultural laborers.
- Vestelfrland: The population hits 335, with ten settlers from Hallberg, bringing the population to 345. Settlers continue claiming land westward along the Vestelfr River.
- Abegwit: 12 settlers are sent to Auðvik from Elufsker, bringing the population of Abegwit to about 227. Abegwit is granted the status of Mark by Prince Eric Kuis.
- Marriage Offers: Check HERE for marriage offers. This applies to North and West European coastal powers who have the means of reaching Vinland and the ability in taking on the risk to do so for a marriage. Post offers there under the offers section.
- Invitation to Send Settlers: Check HERE for the invitation: Applies to North and West European coastal powers who have the means and ability to send indentured servants to Vinland. Post offers there under the offers section.
- Pope Adrian elevates a Bishop if Vinland.
- Vinlandic Dip: We graciously thank the Papacy of elevating a bishopric.
- Kingdom of Bohemia: Emperor Ottokar sends a detachment of soldiers to aid his son in France during their war. The Duke of Livonia is sent with the army, after his many victorious campaigns across Germany. The inquisition against the various heretical sects plaguing Bohemia continue, although in his later years the Emperor had become a lot less motivated, with the stress of this endless game taking a toll. He continues to keep close relations with Catholic allies such as Austria, and preparing the army for an eventual push against Jungist states if they continue to defy the orders and laws of the Empire. Hoping to further strengthen ties with Catholic states besieged by Jungists, proposes that his son Jan be married to Countess Katherine of Apremont (Mod response), that a daughter be wed to the Count of Vaudemont (Mod response), and another be wed to relative of the Duke of Habsburg. (Player response). In Thuringia, it becomes clear that Martin Breuer’s scheme is not succeeding. A local council was given the free range to take over the Catholic Church, leading to chaos among its ranks. He had been instrumental in spreading Jungism and undermining Catholicism from the inside, but he had also simply destroyed the central organization of the church, as most Catholics just refused to listen to such a council. Furthermore he is now being criticized by Jungists around the Empire, as his masquerading as a “Great Synod” is deemed contrary to Jungist teachings. That said, in Thuringia he gains more acceptance, as the state is transitioning into a Ratian-style of government. The Thin White Duke is more receptive to the concept made by Breuer and the Archbishop of Mainz compared to Jungism as a whole. Although the “revolution” had promised to bring a complete upheaval of the political system, with radicals like Nietzche and Meise promising to abolish feudalism and make everyone equal, in practice this was not the case. Feudalism is very much intact in a roundabout way, as the nobility assumes the role of the Apostolic class almost entirely, meaning the nobility retains its riches, its power, and its authority over their feudal vassals, just like before, and in some cases likely even profits to a greater degree. However, there are some changes, as the universal hold the nobles had over the peasantry is altered. The peasants successfully organized a strike that threatened to topple the nobility, forcing the nobility to accept the previous compromise in which there is basic representation. Almost all towns in Thuringia find themselves governed by local ratia, in a system not unlike the free imperial cities of the era, with these towns then answering to another council, at least nominally, although in practice the nobility controls said council’s authority, before answering to the Supreme Ratia, which acts as a parliamentarian system for Thuringia as a whole. This year the first implementation of the new system begins. Monetary taxation is largely done away with, as the ratia, or more specifically the nobility, work together to institute a central plan for the nation. The first taxation begins with the levies of the nation being called to work on national projects, chiefly the creation of supply depots and infrastructure needed to institute further development in the future. In each town a commons area is created, with a fortification being selected to act as the chief center for collection. Henceforth each year the peasantry pay a tax to these centers in the form of labor and goods produced. Elsewhile, there is no conventional taxation, and the fruits of the peasantry’s labor is enjoyed by them. The White Knights become a popular group throughout the new nation, acting as enforcers of the new laws, and also as an intelligence and propagation network. Their printing press department becomes an important part of the historical record of the time, with pamphlets and books on Thinwhitedukism and other topics being readily distributed. In one controversial act, President Nietzche is forced to send an army to put down a rogue arm of the Great Peasant Revolt, meaning that as the revolt is ending it was its own members who had to help end it, putting a nail in the coffin toward complete upheaval of society.
- Russian Dip: Nikolai Turgenev sends an envoy to Holy Roman Empire to open up relations with them and to to suggest that the empire can exile those who are deemed heretics to the Russian frontier through the Hansa or through Lothringia (OTL Rus' invited people to help settle starting in the 1500s.)
- Antoine de Lorraine, Count of Vaudemont will accept the marriage.
- Marriage to Catherine de Apremont is accepted.
- Kingdom of Portugal: With the sultan of Zanzibar refusing our demand, the king orders the Indian armada to blockade and attack his ports in an effort to starve his country to surrendering. (ALGO NEEDED). Meanwhile, the king visits Gordes where he meets with several representatives of Gordes. Here he decides to issue the Gordes decree which officially integrates Gordes as an official province of Portugal. This news is celebrated widely across all of Portugal with people cheering in the streets and chanting the king's name.
- Kingdom of France:
By this year the civil war has seemingly ended. During the previous year, numerous battles had taken place, especially in the center of the nation where there were rebellious nobles, and numerous different religions. The New Model Army proved to be highly effective and modern, spearheading the royalist victory against Charles. In Brittany the region remained firmly in the faction of the royals, with John VIII remaining in captivity until his untimely death this year. Elsewhere, Charles was killed during the Battle of Blois, ending the La Marche faction. Hoping to pursue a policy of peace, Queen Joan strengthened the Act of Toleration, after numerous civil wars and years of religious strife, hoping to finally end the bloodshed. The settlement on St. Pierre would continue to grow due to our close ties with Vinland, and another 500 settlers, mostly those fleeing the conflict in Europe arrived at the settlement and in Vinland. When it was learned that Iceland claimed the island suddenly, the French were confused why and how, as there was already an established French settlement, and a treaty with Vinland legitimizing French rule over it. By this time the islands are greatly fortified relatively speaking, with the town growing as an important trade post for European and Vinlander interaction.With the war over, the French seek to solidify their control by seeking out allies, especially those with like-minded religious beliefs or those who border France and could help check the expansion of rivals. Metz is approached and asked for a formal military alliance (Player response needed), and France also guarantees the Alsace League.
- 'OOC: I'm pretty sure the French occupation of OTL St. Pierre was invalidated since you were blocked from colonizing.
- Since multiple states outside of your control (as well as you trying to solve a serious civil war like this with as much as a handwave) have sent troops, there will need to be algos for this now and well be getting numbers and such together. also will admit if your really going with this new model army thing ... you will not be working with a lot of manpower. -Feud.
- Hesse: The last of the peasant uprising in Hesse ends, with Hesse for the most part defeating the rebels. The nation makes several concessions to the peasants in the hopes of ensuring peace, including the adoption of Thuringia’s bill of rights as a model for Hesse’s, and the establishment of ratia within government. However, Hesse is largely distanced from Thuringia due to its adoption of radical religious, anabaptist beliefs, and tension over contested territory. However, there is some adoption of customs that Jung expressed approval for before his untimely death. Ermanaric seeks a wife and asks to marry Mary, Countess of Sayn. (Mod response needed). Basemath is offered to Martin Breuer (Mod/Thuringia response), and her cousin Emma to the Head-Alderman of the Messin Republic (Metz response needed), and her brother William asks to marry the daughter of the Count of Erbach (Mod response needed), and also approaches Delaiah of Ansbach, sister of Margaret. (Mod response needed).
- Count John IV of Sayn accepts the marriage of his daughter Mary.
- Marriage to Erbach accepted.
- The Messin Republic decides to accept the offer from France, as well as the offer from Hesse, and Louis de Choiseul is wed to Emma from Hesse. The nation has become firmly Jungist and accepts that as its religion, however, owing to the city’s long tradition of toleration and different ideas, the city of Metz retains its general religious toleration, and so attracts many different religious thinkers and sects. The Wagnerists begin to make up a large portion of the population as well. The Metz fortress is upgraded to become one of the strongest fortresses in the Empire, and one is additionally planned in Saarbrucken and begins construction. In the nearby region of Murbach the town is largely Jungist as well, albeit under the command of an abbot nominally. With the population rebelling against this system, Metz decides to send aid to help the peasants overthrow their abbot, and Murbach is incorporated into the republic as an equal member.
- Abbasid Caliphate: After the Battle of Aden, Abdukrahman al-Rūm retreats with his forces, stating that the battle "... may have ended in a loss, but we have won the war". With this, the remaining territory of Yemen is annexed while a treaty at Aden is proposed to the Emperor of Ethiopia, headed by Suleiman "The Negotiator". In Nubia, the failure to occupy Alodia is tragic but isn't done much about, as the remaining soldiers retreat back to Aswan. However, in a very curious discovery, a soldier known as Abu Hakim al-Edris, would stumble into a cave somewhere in Beni Masar after a night of drinking and haram. In this cave he would discover a leather-bound document in a language he had seen before in al-Maalik's Auditorium. Thinking to have found something of great importance, he takes it and stores it in his house. Meanwhile, Caliph al-Maālīk is celebrated among the Mamluke nobility for succeeding, although dissenters would believe that the straining of resources was pointless. Meanwhile, Abdukrahman al-Rūm returns to Cairo, and Caliph al-Maālīk celebrates his arrival for succeeding in the war. Although still Wali of Filastin, Abdukrahman falls in love with Caliph al-Maālīk's daughter, Ayishah. Under permission from the Caliph himself, Abdukrahman marries Ayishah, and due to this marriage, becomes heir apparent to the Abbasid Caliphate. This would be tested later in the year, when Caliph al-Maālīk would suffer a stroke and fall dead within his Auditorium. While Abdukrahman would be shocked after losing his father-figure, Abdukrahman would initially decline the offer, before ultimately accepting it after the recognition of the greater Abbasid dynasty. Mehmud ibn Abdukrahman al-Rūm would be selected as successor to Caliph al-Maālīk, deciding on the regnal title of Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman ʿalā'llāh.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": In Constantinople the heir to the Lotharingian Throne Godfried of Regnier arrives. His Father sending his son to stay with his sister and his brother-in-law the emperor Herodotus. Thus Godfried receives the best education he can get, the king wanting his son to receive education as part of the Cavalry. The King hoping that his son can aid in the restructuring of the cavalry once he becomes old enough to do so. Godfried having one Columbite tutor and for the rest many Greco-Roman ones who teach Godfried math, physical education, linguistics and much much more. This includes things such as bureaucracy, leadership and speaking. This all being done by King John VI as to try to appease his country men who desire more Belgic rule. This desire for more Belgic rule is shown with the people's conspiracy, a conspiracy to empower the people, the military and the senate once more. Thus a group of Soldiers from Bonen under Juliaen de Kremer march on Malines, This is followed by groups from Utrecht and some ouddenkers the total group of soldiers numbering around 2,000 with many more in support. Soon after the Bonen few hear the news of the rebellion against Spanish king John, many towns begin to either declare neutrality or even support for either the king or the Conspiracy. Cities showing their support for the conspiracy beign Bonen, Kales, Atrecht, Rysel, Brugge and Middelburg, While Antwerp declares neutrality and Brussels shows support for the King. Thus the Soldiers of the people's conspiracy march on Malines when the king is attending the Senatus Regus Lotharii on the 5th of June. The Senate also growing tired and annoyed at the king's difficulties with the Belgic language and his culture. Thus During this session a couple of armed senators and a bonen few tent storm the Parliament building and they demand the king to come with them. Thus John accepts and steps in a royal wagon that was readied specialy for this occasion, just after stepping in his cart he mumbles "Soy un hombre inocente, hagas lo que hagas, no he cometido ningún crimen. Soy tu rey, el rey de los belgas, no soy un maldito extranjero" ("I am an innocent men, whatever you do I have commited no crime. I am your king, the king of the Belgians. I am no damn foreigner".) The King being brought to the Berg Huisch in Heyst while guarded by men of the Bonen few. Together with the senatus regus and the Merchant representatives the king is forced to sign a document stating that he is unable to reign due to sickness. The king officialy making Nicolaas Everaerts his regent, who reigns together with 18 members of the Bonen Few, 14 merchant representatives and 20 Parliamentists and lawyers. This being known as the Koninglyke raad van Belgia the council being run on a daily basis by Nicolaas Everaerts, and one Bonen Few Dyrk de Korte and the Merchant Edelbert klaasens. While in Frisia and Holland with this termoil and confusion in Lotharingia some Columbites and even beguines move to Russia as the Rus' want to allow them to build their own towns and live in stability and harmony - this amounting to around 1,000 beguines and Columbites in the first year alone. The voyage up the Great Rivers by Johan Ruysch continues.
Papal States: This year Pope Adrian VI made several attempts to strengthen the Catholic Church and combat the rise of Protestantism. He had been a proponent, as similar Reformation-era Popes had been, of armed support for Catholic states, and would send a detachment of mercenaries to the aid of the French Catholics during the Wars of Religion. With the Papal government he confirmed Pompeo Colonna as the new Cardinal-Secretary, to fill the void of that office. One of the most illustrious families in the city of Rome, the Colonna, held considerable sway within the city’s politics and among the Holy See. Fabrizio Colonna had served as a condottiero and soldier in the various wars the Papacy had embarked on to curb the rise of Protestantism, before his death this year. He had served with distinction, leading 2,000 Italian mercenaries during the Battle of Cerignola during the Italian Wars, which had helped to dislodge the Spanish Empire from the Republic of Genoa, and had also been a supporter of counter reformation in France. His son Marcantonio would follow in his footsteps, also serving as a general of the Papal States, while his daughter Vittoria had been a close friend of Michaelangelo, and instrumental in him receiving the commission for the Gregorian Chapel. Their rivals included the Habsburgs, who likewise controlled a cardinal in the college, Sisto. He had been a favorite of the late Julius II, who elevated him to the position in 1507, but he had failed to achieve the position of secretary, leading to animosity between the two cardinals. All the while, Sisto had begun to focus on other endeavors, producing the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, or Poliphilo's Strife of Love in a Dream, an incunable based upon an earlier Venetian painting. Although the book became popular among members of the Roman aristocracy, Pompeo Colonna was overheard saying he found it derivative and boring, further angering Sisto. Unbeknownst to him, the spreader of the secret, Alessandro Farnese, had his own agenda to play, and hoped to further divide the two men and their respective camps. When Sisto died in 1517, foul play was suspected among some of the Habsburgs, notably his brother Ferdinand. He, too, had been told the rumor by Farnese, and had perceived several such slights from Pomepo.
- The Papacy is listed as a country that is to be filled by a well trusted and experienced player. Its very clearly denoted above. -Feud.
- Roman Empire: Dragut Reis and his men quickly make a return to the Empire as peace between Ethiopia and the Abbasids is finalized. The fortification of the Empire completed, Strategos Hasapis, the commander against the Hungarians in the Transylvanian Revolt, is placed in command of a logistical reform to increase the synergies between the army and navy. He is tasked with conducting several mock naval invasions of various islands. The results of the testing determine what ships are best used to land troops, and how best to avoid stranding soldiers in the water. His work includes rearming the Thema Optimata with wheellocks, which serve better in the damp conditions of a naval invasion. He also trains them with landing and assaulting positions by sea. Prince Godfried joins his cousins in their education. His tutor is supplemented by a regime of Greek and Latin language, rigorous exercise in fencing, and mathematics. He is also enrolled in the capital’s premiere school of Epidexiótita, the House of the Sword. His education is generally overseen by his tutors from Lotharingia, but most of his learning is left to local tutors and scholars. He is also given a minor, generally ceremonial posting in the Exovestiarii, where he trains in leadership and proper military etiquette.
- Noongar: The people of Noongar continue their ways until one day around the ninth moon a warrior named Birrani from one of the neighboring tribes runs into the valley. "Balatj!" he yelled - which means beware or lookout in the Noongar language. The people of this Noongar tribe surround him and ask him what's wrong. He explains how the Spinifex people-who are Northeast a little ways- got word that Janbah the baby said to be the son of the Earth God is to be born into one of the Noongar tribes. He explains further how warriors are traveling from tribe to tribe killing the infants because the Spinifex priests say their Gods tell them that the baby is not holy and will bring death and destruction to the lands. The people cry out in fear and rage for their young. The people of Noongar take their young and run into the woods headed toward the sea to hide from the Spinifex warriors. Little do they know the infant Janbah has been found by wizards from another Noongar tribe and safely hidden.
- Dai Viet: As the Ten-Year Plan of Vietnamization of the Mekong Delta enters its tenth year, envoys are sent to the King of Cambodia, Ang Chan for a royal marriage, with the Emperor's 18-year-old daughter Princess Ngọc Vạn (Note: ATL Character), in exchange for an alliance and the cede of the Mekong Delta to Dai Viet. (Mod Response). To reaffirm the alliance of Dai Viet with the Ava kingdom, the Emperor also ask for a royal marriage between Princess Ngọc Hoa, twin sister of Ngọc Vạn with Narapati II of Ava. (Mod Response). Cửu Trùng Đài's construction continues. As Majapahit sent Dai Viet grains of rice, all of the rice are used to deliver to help the people of Dai Viet, due to the construction of Cửu Trùng Đài has made the Emperor to levy the tax and not to improve the general economy. Nguyễn Kim is given the title of Grand Commandant as his father, Nguyễn Hoằng Dụ, has retired due to old age.
- Agreement respectfully declined.
- Marriage accepted.
- Saxony: In Saxony, the newly established universities continue to gain prominence in Greater Germany. The peasant revolts seem to have died down quite a bit this year in Saxony, probably due to a good harvest, which would be due to a revolutionary crop-growing method developed at one of the universities. Seeing their success, Edmund Awlin founds another one, near Wittenberg, but it burns down on the night of its opening, killing a thousand people, and costing a lot of money. Saxony's parliament, the Kammerkörper, has been successful. Edmund Alwin, feeling secure, decides to start making marriage offers on behalf of his sons. He sends a message to the exiled Duke of Lenzburg, asking to marry his son, Alwin de la Marck, Count of Leisnig, to Ottoline von Lenzburg, Duke Ulrich's daughter. (Mod Response). He hopes this will begin the process of reconciliation between the Lenzburgs and the Holy Roman Empire. Meanwhile, large bones are discovered, seemingly of some huge creature. These are sent to Wittenberg University to be examined.
- Marriage is declined due to different religions.
- Kingdom of England: As a result of the illness that forced him to withdraw from the public eye the previous year, King Richard III of England (1466-1520) dies. The English Parliament has Richard III's eldest son Edward of Gloucester, 2nd Duke of Gloucester (b. 1491) crowned as King Edward VIII of England. This causes concern for lower Yorkist nobles and parliamentarians, as during King Richard III's reign Edward of Gloucester had been notorious for his unstable and aggressive demeanour. Their concerns are confirmed when, almost immediately after being crowned and irregardless of the ongoing deployment of English mercenaries to France, King Edward VIII orders the Yorkist army to march west to recover Cornwall for the English after it was signed away by the "traitor" King Henry VII in the Treaty of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Thousands of Yorkist soldiers are gathered in London and then start marching west, but they do not reach Cornwall because when passing through southern Wiltshire they run into Lancastrian soldiers who block their passage. A battle ensues just north of the city of Salisbury and east of Stonehenge between the Yorkist army led by King Edward VIII and the Lancastrian battalion of Wiltshire led by Edward Stafford, 3rd Earl of Wiltshire. The battle of Salisbury remains a stalemate until the end of 1520, and Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset provides the Earl of Wiltshire with reinforcements. The death of Richard III and the coronation of the unpopular Edward VIII causes the faction of Yorkists who still want Edward VII to be restored to get more support. Making use of the distraction caused by the march on Cornwall, Edward VII of York, with the support of his brother Henry of York, Duke of Clarence and George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury, leads an army composed of troops from Bedfordshire, Shropshire and a fraction of the levy of Yorkshire south from the city of Bedford. Edward VII's army captures the city of St. Albans in Hertfordshire as well as Hertfordshire's county town Hertford, given them a base of power quite close to London, though they do not outright march on the city in 1520. With King Edward VIII leading the force trying to get to Cornwall, his brothers Richard of Gloucester, Earl of Cambridge and George of Gloucester, Earl of Rutland become the main administrators of the Edward VIII-loyal soldiers in London at this time. As the Lancastrian soldiers in Southwest England mobilise to block King Edward VIII's march on Cornwall, more Lancastrian soldiers are also gathered and prepared at what are now effectively military bases at Oxford in Oxfordshire and Ipswich in Suffolk. The English clergy continue spreading copies of Thomas More's Responsio ad Jungum through England's major cities and sell copies to other Catholic nations when requested. The conflicts that have commenced because of Edward's VII and VIII take up most of the focus of the English Parliament this year, but aside from that they also continue to try to establish better relations between international maritime merchants and England in order to keep the economy as stable as possible during the conflicts. The Lancastrians and Yorkists continue constructing ships at the dry docks of Bristol and Portsmouth, respectively. Edward VII of York, trying to garner more support for his faction, proposes to have his brother Henry's daughter Constance (b. 1503) married to King Edward IV of Scotland's son Kenneth IV of Bruce-Auvergne (b. 1500); they would be second cousins and thus also require a papal dispensation. (Player or mod response for Scotland) (Mod response for papal dispensation) Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick also asks for a papal dispensation to have his son Edward Courtenay (b. 1494) marry his second cousin Margaret Beaufort (b. 1502), daughter of the Lancastrian claimant Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset. (Mod response) Bridget Grey and Francis Talbot have their first child, a son named John (b. 1520); and George of Gloucester, Earl of Rutland and Katherine Stafford have their second child, a daughter named Maud (b. 1520).
- Dispensation granted.
- Celtic Confederacy: Scotland accepts this proposal, as we have indeed been searching for a bride for Kenneth.
- The Spanish Empire: As the Civil War within France drags on, Jacques "The Ripper leads the support of 3,000 Volunteers with Carlos de Pamplona and his exiled Basqueland forces once again return to activity in French Vasconia helping train, supply, and aid the Catholic rebels the crown had been funding. (Mod Response). Meanwhile, the processing of Indian Ocean Trade continues with the Seychelles Islands being claimed. Engineers hired to develop the colonies arrive. The Spanish Princess Cynthia who had been trained to be a diplomat while being versed in one of the mayan languages by her father as well as self defense and her husband now acting Conquistador Osberto led a retinue to the land of the Tarascan numbering 630 strong for the very mission being of exploration and opening up to modest trade. A man by the name of Hernan Cortes that Osberto had befriended are included in this mass grouping. They also set off with many ships. These men numbered about 40 arquebusiers, 80 crossbowmen, 35 horsemen, and a few hundred natives and slaves with war-dogs brought along as well. This also included 12 cannons. On the expedition, after a short landing at Potonchan, a battle with some natives would ensue where Cortes would be granted some women. One of these women dubbed "La Malinche" could translate Mexica into Mayan. Osberto's retinue would land at OTL Veracruz. On his arrival, natives would be present and Osberto would ask to speak with a diplomat that represents the land he is now in. In the meantime, gifts would be given to local tribes as a sign of hospitality. Wanting to understand the people and the area including politics, Cortes and Osberto one morning with his wife Cynthia and "La Malinche" would ask the local chief. In the meantime, they make room for quarters and place to eat with a camp. With their mission fulfilled, Osberto wanted to return. Cortes and Cynthia insist on not departing after meeting with diplomats and found a town instead named Villa Rica de La Veracruz with a town council appointed and Cynthia acting as lead with Cortes no longer serving as Caudillo but as Captain of His Majesty's armies until instructions state otherwise. By this point more Spanish supplies and men are brought raising the numbers up this point numbering 3,000. Instead of waiting now, Osberto, Cortes, and Cynthia would make a march to OTL Tlaxcala hoping to perhaps find more support and maybe an alliance. (Mod Response). If all goes well, they would continue to move onto Cholula but along this route, they would seek more allies. (Mod Response). Here they wish to meet the lords of Cholula at the Temple of Quetzalcoatl. With paranoia from violent natives being about in this expansive state, if they accept the meeting, the doors would be closed in the courtyard and they would be interrogated and if proven guilty of treason by the laws of Spain, Cynthia would properly order punishment with the conquistadors and Tlaxcala allowed to do as they please if the alliance passes. If the mission passes further, the meeting at the capital of this state would be made between the mass numbers of native allies. They would finally hope to meet the leader of this state for the first time and request lodgings hoping to bring about hospitality between their respective Empires. (Mod Request).
- Tlaxcala accepts.
- Cholula Accepts.
- Last one just isn't needed. If these names for the respective states are wrong feel free to correct me. Running on two hours of sleep here. -Feud.
- Georgia: King Bagrat dies under mysterious circumstances. With his eldest son away from Georgia, his daughter Elene becomes Queen for the time being - though as she is still a minor, Bagrat's wife, Natia, rules as regent. Elene's reign is brief, as the charismatic David returns from his exile and usurps his young cousin. David then ends Lady Jaqeli's exile in a Svanetian monastery and makes her his queen. However, David's reign is far from a peaceful one; under the instruction of the ambitious Lady Jaqeli, he massacres oppositionist nobles. He also attempts to assassinate the Duke of Azerbaijan, Mehmed Hulagushvili. However, he, his consort Tinatin, and their children flee to Baghdad and then reconvene together with their allies at Tarsus. Over time, his grip over Georgia weakens as he descends into madness and paranoia. At a banquet celebrating the death of the 'wretched' Bagrat, he displays erratic behavior - claiming to have seen an apparition of a vengeful Bagrat. It is revealed that David had paid a group of assassins to kill Bagrat - however, the nobility stays quiet out of fear. Wanting to know of his fate, Bagrat, and Lady Jaqeli seeks out a group of pagan mystics who affirm of David's continued reign and that only a 'Son of India' and a 'Spawn of the Sixth' can kill him. Immediately, David halts all formal trade with India and expels any Indian merchant living in Georgia. While it brings him relief that his killer is a 'Son of India' - and not a person in his court or family (seemingly), the second epithet perplexes him, so he consults the group again. They ascribe another epithet the one person who can kill him: the 'one who has cut the Lotus.' He continues to be perplexed but remains emboldened by the quietness of the nobility. Meanwhile, the health of Lady Jaqeli - who is already in her eighties - rapidly deteriorates. While the court doctors believe it is because of her old age, many believe it is because of her guilt surrounding her husband's murder of her son-in-law. Lady Jaqeli eventually commits suicide by jumping into a river. Her death devastates David, but he remains resolute - confident in his 'destiny' as perpetual King of Georgia, Shahanshah, and Lord of the East and West. Near the end of the year, Mehmed attempts to march to Tabriz with an army of 5,000 supporters. However, they are outnumbered and outclassed by David's Royal Army - albeit many are not that loyal to him. Mehmed's attempts to reach Tabriz as fast as possible, fail, and he is intercepted in Chaldiran. The 'Battle of Chaldiran' seemingly ends with a victory for David, despite many defecting to Mehmed and his sadness over the death of Lady Jaqeli. However, as Mehmed's army retreats, two cloaked figures - one much taller than the other - charge at David. Confident in his invincibility, he accepts the taller one's challenge at a duel. The taller one removes the hood of his cloak. The fellow is tall and slim. His dark hair and eyes, and his sun-kissed skin seemingly betray his ancestry: he is an Indian. He asks the stranger, 'you are a Son of India?' The fellow corrects him, 'though the brilliance of the Indies' skies has darkened my blonde hair and pale skin, I am not a Son of India. I am a Son of Georgia. I am Nathan, Son of Bagrat the Sixth, the rightful King and Lord of West and East.' David is astounded, 'but you cannot be Him - you are unmarried: you have yet to deflower a woman!' Just as he finished his words, the smaller of the two remove the hood of their cloak - she is an Indian. The woman then hands Nathan a sword, and with one swift swoop decapitates David. The tyrant is no more. Nathan is coronated thrice: in Tabriz, in Tbilisi, and then in Kutaisi. He also introduces his Syriac Christian wife, Sabrina - who converts to Orthodox Christianity and adopts the name 'Ana' after the Georgian name for the Virgin Mary. One of Nathan's first moves as King is to pardon the nobles who conspired by David: for this, he is hailed as 'Nathan the Just.' Nathan also reports back on his many-years-long voyage to India (particularly on its abundance of indigo, sugar, and spice) with his relative Ivane Hulagushvili, and plans to fund another expedition.
The war in Denmark formally ends as a victory for the incumbent King Olaf IV, souring relations with Norway, England, and Livonia, while improving them with Sweden and Brandenburg, in the process.
Although the Spanish Inquisition proves effective due to its long experience against Muslims and Jews prior to the Reformation, clandestine concentrations of Jungists become present in several Spanish cities. With the recent developments in France, there is likewise a spread of Jungist ideas and proponents across the border in limited numbers (In total leading to an estimated 500 Jungists). In response, prominent clergy petition the Spanish crown to restrict the printing industry and censor works in Spain, which would greatly diminish the spread of heresy, potentially to the detriment of science and research.
Jungism begins to spread into Poland across the border from Germany, and through its ties to the states of the Baltic. Likewise after the turmoil of their recent war, Hungary also experiences a rise in Jungists and Moravians, particularly in the northwest and the capital.
The reign of Robert of Bayreuth proves to be unpopular among the populace, with him being especially cruel against the peasantry. After his actions spurred an unsuccessful peasant uprising, supported by Hugh the Heir and other Dukist Thuringians, Robert invades Nuremberg with the support of Frederick VII von Truhendigen, the Palatine, and other nobles the Thuringian-backed army dispossessed. Robert asks for aid from the Emperor, reasoning that the Nietzchians broke the peace through their support for unlawful rebellion, and he also sends a plee for men from England in the unlikely chance they will support him (on account of him being English).
Now, the rest of the world:
Sunni Muslims in Syria are inspired by the success of the recent Abbasid Caliphate, and attempt to break away from the Georgian Empire. A total of 1,500 Muslims raise a revolt in the city of Damascus, that quickly takes over the citadel. This also comes in response to the recent chaos in the capital after the brief civil war between David and Nathan.
John von Eyk, Pablo of Bordeaux and six other Catholic preachers gather at the University of Toledo in Spain. There they decide to form together into a new religious order, hoping to lead a better example for the Catholic world as a whole. Rather than picking a name from any one specific founder (such as the Franciscans, Dominicans, etc.) they decide on the OTP name "the Society of Jesus".
The Duchy of Transylvania begins producing documents in the Romanian language, the first of its kind in recorded history. They also begin minting their own coins.
Jacobo de Carpini publishes a textbook on anatomy in Bologne, including some new discoveries about the appendix.
The Lotharingian expedition in Meridia charts most of the extent of the Uruguay River, as well as the greater delta near the Negro River. The natives there are mostly friendly, but halfway up the Uruguay River the natives turn hostile and attempt to capture some of the expedition for cannibalism.
- Mali Empire: It was around this point that a slight innovation to Malian architecture took place, sometimes referred to as a "Neo Classical Style", although in reality this is not an accurate description. It generally took more rigid adherence to styles from the Golden Age of Islam, with more emphasis on geometric shapes and tesselations rather than animals or people. It has been argued that some style of this type also borrowed from the Modern Roman Empire, but this is not confirmed except in the case of certain panels of columns, which makes it more Romanesque than Classical. It was also at this time that Mamamoo completed his most famous works of literature, namely on Lamakan and similar works of humanist philosophy, and entered his self-imposed exile. The scholar would leave the court of Niani for the tribalist regions of Central Mali, and live among the nomadic people there for a few years. Officially, he still held the same offices as advisor to Mustafa II, and in some sources he was specifically consulted even while living in this state. In Timbuktu, Yoro Mboob privately wrote his theories on the distances of the Sun and Moon, as well as his observations on the transit of Venus and other planets. He wrote his personal theory that the "wandering stars" of astrology are in fact other worlds like Earth, with lands and seas just like Earth's geography. He also implied that he concurred with the writings of Aristarchus that the Earth goes round the Sun, not the other way around, but he never delved into much detail on that subject like Copernicus was doing in Europe. In the New World, Madi Nyang documents his time as a slave in the Hanseatic colony of Sauberesburg. He was originally sold to a group of German merchants in Trinidad, but after two years he was bought by Catholic plantation owners and moved to the newer settlement on the continent. He wrote incredible detail on the routines and schedule of slave labor in the colony, a perspective not seen in most European sources. He mostly worked on the construction of the Saint Mary Fort, which required him to be actively involved in protecting the colony from attacks by Native Merindians. He did not describe the Merindians in as much detail, but it does match with what we know from later accounts. Abd Al-Muttalib Jannah uses the colony of Rumi Island to continue exploring in the Atlantic Ocean, seeking the lost mythological lands of Abu Bakr II.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The building for the House of Barons is continued this year looking all mighty and strongly built. The King continues the construction of a huge castle named Dracula in the capital. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. With the recent spread of Jungism into our nation a small population of people decide to convert to this new Christian religion that came from central Europe. With that new churches are being built for this new Chrisitan religion. The King allows the Jungism migration to happen to please the people and not start a conflict. He tells the Catholic/Orthodox population to not worry about this new spread of religion into the nation becuase he wants everyone to coexsit together since they all believe in the same God.
- Banate of Bosnia: Within this territory everything is doing fine. We feed off Hungary itself by prospering with trade and the economy. Our industries are doing what we can to help out Hungary.
- Banate of Severin: The territory experiences prosperity from Hungary. Trade is going well and the economy is as well. Other sectors of the nation do well also helping out Hungary.
- Kingdom of Portugal: The king orders another attack on Zanzibar by the Indian armada, to destroy the last defenses before invading them with the Portuguese marines. (ALGO NEEDED). In support of the war, the king travels to all the mayor cities of Portugal including Lisboa and Porto where he holds a wide number of patriotic speeches. The growing number of plantations in the colonies, brings with it housing issues for the labourers. The king, therefore, issues the 1521 colonial housing royal decree. This decree gives the go for a lot of small houses and churches to be built in the colonies-
- Tsardom of Russia: WIth the fall of Kazan Dimitry returns to Russia proper taking residence in Kiev while reconstruction of the realm of the Rus' begins. He also calls for his family who leave the court of Stefan of Moldavia finally reuniting with Dimitry for the first time since he had left Constantinople in 1503 to secure his birthright. Pleasantries of the private home are brief though as Dimitry sets about leading the reconstruction and reorganization of his realm. The Sudebnik of 1521 is completed finally consolidating a single code of law for the Rus' incorporating a lot of the old princely decrees on the relationship between a vassal and their liege. However, these ties are strengthened and provided with conditions including allowing for a serf to abandon a lord who mistreats thems. The rights of the cities and guilds are also enshrined in the code of law based on the gains of the Urban middle classes of Novgorod during the early reign of Mikhail III. A new freeholder estate is also establsihed made up of those who would hold land in perpetuity for them and their decendences in exchange for service to the crown. A new justice system based on a mix of old Russian law, Greek and German laws is to be established and filled with Cornw appointments. The rights of the clergy and Boyars as their own estates are also ensured in the new code of law. The right to rule is placed solely in the hands of the Tsar whose court and Duma the estates make up a part of. Autonomy is also granted to the Cossack communities on the frontier in exchange for protecting trade and providing manpower against the Tatars and steppe nomads on the frontier. As part of the reconstruction land is distributed amongst the soldiers and the families of those who fought for Dimitry and in the frontier region Tatar prisoners are alloted as serfs to these men in exchange for the promise that they will evangilize them and teach them the ways of living under the Rus'. The reconstruction of the Kremlin in Moscow begins as well as the reconstruction of the fortress of Kazan which is placed under the control of Prince Aleksei Volkhov who is made Governor of the city and the surrrounding area. A trading depot is planned for Kazan for trappers to push into the lower Ural region once more while trappers push north along the White Sea as well pushing out from OTL Arkhanglsk and from the various tributaries of the Upper and middle Volga as trade relations with the Koni and other Uralic people begin again. A major wave of traders made up of displaced Rus' or of Balts and Finns long out of work start to flood into the region to cash in on the reopening of the fur trade. Plans to build a new cathedral and market place in both Novgorod and Kiev are laid out along with work on a new port on the Neva to better promote trade. Many of the displaced Russian nobles are also provided with some funds to go abroad to the Hansa, Constantinople, and other parts of Europe to learn the various trades such as carpentry. black smithing, engineering and other trades which Dimitry nd Nikolai see as fundimental to the recontruction and development of Russia. now Prince Nikolai Turgenev is charged with personally tutoring the young Konstantin Rurikovich in the affairs of State and in his princely duties often having the young prince. The Duma is restructured to include representatives of all the estates from across the realm in Novgorod with the Duma being summoned to meet and discuss laws and administration of the state once a year under the presence of Dimitry or a representative of the crown as A state council that will voice the will of the subjects to Tsar. Each city assembly will be led by an alderman who will oversea the city Veche (popular assembly) which shall be led by Alderman who will manage the affairs of each city autonomously. The Military is restructured as Dimitry's army is finally disbanded with the veterans nows enjoying new small famr estates and the opporutintiy to settle down. An effort by the Church to marry off many of the displaced women to the former soldiers. This along with other projects are put into action by Dimitry and the Patriarch of Novgorod as a means of helping heal the wounds of war and promoting new families and peace in the realm. The highly literate clergy of Novgorod is also tasked with teaching literacy to the nobility and to help with reconstruction with Dimitry and with the pacification of the Tatars and other steppe nomads through evangelization. Tsar Dimitry II also plans to assist in the construction of a new university in Kiev and in Novgorod with the one in Novgorod being partly administered by the patriarch of Novgorod as a university to train new clergy. Offers to German, Greek, Hungarian, and other Baltic or Black Sea settlers to settle land in the Russian frontier as well on the Volga and along the Don Rivers, while a request is made to begin importing seed drills, sheep, horses, and cattle from Europe. In particular the growing religious chaos in Germany seeing it as a good area to attract people looking for a fresh start. (Mod response needed).
- Mod Response: This is moderately successful in attracting some settlement in the Russian territories.
- Kazan: Prince Aleksei Volkhov and governor of Kazan arrives and begins to secure Russian rule in the region by focusing reconstruction on the site of the former Khan's castle. Rather than focusing on reconstructing the castle to face off against an army with gunpowder artillery the focus remains on defeating a local rebellion and so the wall is rebuilt high and of stone with the trading depot for fur trappers established on the riverside. Fishing vessels also assemble out of Kazan and start fishing on the Volga. Cossack settlers move out into the hinterlands east of the city of Kazan for up to a couple of days ride and using conscripted local labour set up fortified houses with ditches and palisades topping earthen ramparts.
- Kingdom of Ayutthaya: With the signing of the Treaty of Palembang, with Majapahit, 1500 istinggars are set aside with the marks of the foundry that produced them to be shipped to Majapahit for use. The Krasuang Kalahom continues efforts to fortify the Kingdom ranging from forts to the establishment of security post to protect the Kingdom from external threats. The Capital Defense Corps garrisons continue to adopt the standard issue equipment expected of them with the 12500 men being equipped with weapons ranging from the arquebus to the spear as well as cannons for use by the artillery portions of it. The Laksamana continues to oversee the development of the Berat and Pantas ships by Malay shipbuilders who have taken inspiration and knowledge from studying the caravel acquired from foreigners. Furthermore, the defenses in ports have been implemented with more on the way to ensure that Ayutthaya's maritime operations in commerce and security are not threatened. The program to send students to Japan remains ongoing with the first students send yet to return to Ayutthaya. Tabinschwenti and Bayinnaung have become steadfast friends with each other and are often found sparring and playing together with both being afforded the same education that covers topics from the military to governmental administration. The decision is made by Mingyi Nyo to send his son to study abroad in Japan with his friends and tutors handpicked to ensure that he continues his studies even in Japan. Atula Thiri Maha Yaza Dewi has turned four years of age as of this year and begun her studies as well particularly in the arts, politics, and governance. The effort to develop land for cultivation remains ongoing with tax incentives in the form of no taxes for two years offered to those who move onto and farm undeveloped land. At home, rumors begin to circulate of a group, the Tersembunyi, shrouded in shadows who believe that in order to reach a utopia, humanity must be guided by a group of enlightened individuals who have managed to suppress free will. Their reputation and influence spreads through the shadows through the use of bribery, blackmail, and in some cases brute force to position their members in high ranking places among the nobility, officials, and in society itself. Along with the rumors comes whispers of a group who challenges them known as the Persaudaraan Pembunuh. They believe that a utopia can be achieved through free will which leads to development and innovation. The storm that follows is one that will be remembered for centuries as scholars and historians remained puzzled by it with assassinations against officials and nobles begin to occur across the Kingdom. The Temenggung is ordered by Mingyi Nyo to investigate these assassinations and the responses by local forces which were extreme to say the least and begins immediately in an effort to determine the causes before the Kingdom can be endangered by them with local Capital Defense Corps garrisons being ordered to assist in any way possible.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": With the People's conspiracy succeeding in Lotharingia, With the Koninglyke raad van Belgia acting as Regent. With this development Juliaen de Kremer GeneraalAdmiraal offers his Services to the Koninglyke Raad, Juliaen being the most senior millitary leader in Lotharingia. The Bonen few even being soldiers under his command, being allowed to follow their desire. But now Nicolaas Everaerts the royal regent, is joined by Juliaen de Kremer in the daily ruling of the realm and handling royal matters. The powers of the Regency being shared by Nicolaas Everaerts, Juliaen de Kremer and Jan Bakker a local Ghent merchant. Jan Bakker often being involved in the Punasier and the trade north sea trade, Jan being very influencial and well connected merchant. The triumvirate allows the heir to the Lotharingian Throne Godfried to continue his education in constantinople, and stay with his aunt Valerie. Godfried getting accustumed to greco-Roman culture, Godfried even learning to speak Greek and a bit of Latin. Godfried being known to speak better Greek then he speaks even Belgian or even Spanish. While in southern Mela Johan Ruysch and his voyage claim all land that gets end up at the mouth of the Herdersdal to the Atlantic Ocean. Johan while on the river meeting the Yaro tribe which is seen as very strong and bulky, the Yaro living like their brotherly folks quite nomadic.
- Empire of Japan: With the acceptance of the Roman master shipwright in the military shipbuilding developments, the newly designed Carrdjong is a large scale Djong with serious integrations of the Carrack from Europe. While initially seen as a potential flop, the Carrdjong is noted to be structurally strong due to its framing and hull, allowing for the benefits of a pseudo armored hull, while maintaining a high cannon carrying capacity. With nearly 86 guns on the ships of varying sizes the evaluation shows that at the cost of some crew space and maneuverability (since gained in spades with a European shipdesigner at the helm of this project) that the guns can be upped to nearly 108 albeit it not cleared for building yet. The first prototype of this ship is built and it begins open seas testing this year in its 86 gun configuration. Following the restructuring of the budget and Emperor Kenshiro getting serious influence in how its implemented (with hopes to make this a permanent feature of the Imperial seat). With his own territories remaining vast and far ranging across the empire he allows for the recodification of the Levy system and allowing for super-provincial armies based around 2-3 local provinces rather than gathering forces at a central location. This is done specifically due to the issues regarding response times and mobilization timetables during the large scale military evaluation a few years ago. Given the census data of the previous years as well as the varied institutions of the empire in regards to its military, the Imperial army as a force is fully codified to include all the levies. With many of the daimyo serving as administrators rather than warriors a select few of these daimyo are given commissions within the army to serve alongside academy trained individuals who work as officers for the army. With significant forces in nearly every regional army being from the Emperors personal territories this leads to many of these regional armies remaining in some degree, personal extentions of the Imperial army itself with the Army around the greater capital regions being the most professional and disciplined in Japan. The Regional armies are essentially only to be trained twice per year while the Imperial army will maintain its status in the Japanese capital core region. The development of overseas settlement and colonial regions continues as Arasakura sees its first influx of families establishing themselves in the region turning the settlement decisively into a true settler base.
- Georgia: Nathan suppresses the Damascus Revolt himself, with 20,000 troops: 10,000 mounted-arquebusiers, 6,000 lancers, and 4,000 light cavalry. He also brings with him 100 cannons, which was tended by 1,200 artillerymen. He encircles the city of Damascus from all sides - thus preventing supplies and reinforcements from reaching the city. He orders the cannons to fire at weaker portions of the walls; nevertheless, the walls overall should readily fall to cannon fire as they are outdated. The troops are supplied by the nearby major cities of Aleppo and Laodicea, which is connected to Damascus by a road. Meanwhile, Tinatin weds off George (who is now 17) to a certain 'Rusudan' (just a year younger than he is). Despite the 'Damascus Revolt,' Nathan still sends another expedition to India, which is led by Prince Ivane Hulagushvili though this time alone. The Georgian economy continues to thrive. Silk, wool, cotton, wine, and citrus-fruit are exported; as well as carpets, ceramics, and jewelry. Textiles production in Western Georgia booms due to its access to Black Sea trading routes (via the ports of Sokhumi, Poti, and Batumi), and its proximity to where raw silk (Western Georgia) and cotton (Aras basin) are produced. The arts - poetry, dance, polyphonic singing, the making of frescoes, mosaics, and miniatures - flourish.
- Abbasid Caliphate: The early years of Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman's reign were turbulent to say the least. While success had been seen in Yemen, the authority had shifted more toward dependence upon the Mamluke aristocracy during the final stages of the conflict, likely being a reason for the Caliphate's large manpower reserves. This sort of dependence would allow for greater autonomy within the Caliphate for many of the provinces, specifically the Waliyah of Miṣr. This sort of autonomy would plague the early years of Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, for he would have to re-structure the Caliphate's iqta' system while reforming the roles of the Ulema, due to many of the Wali's being members within the council, as well as to stop potential rebellion within the Caliphate. In Georgia, the Sunni muslim rebellion is welcomed and widely accepted and discussed, with Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman declaring it "... righteous in heart." Although in support of it, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman does not intervene militarily, primarily due to the re-constructing state of the Caliphate and it being in accordance with the Treaty of Damascus. Abu Hakim al-Edris would return to Cairo with this document, and after annoying the office of the printing press, is able to translate and produce the recordings of the text to be realized for Caliph al-Maālīk's Auditorium. The document would be referred to as إنجيل خفي, or the "Hidden Gospel", later called the Gospel of Judas in Europe, being its recording of biblical narrative citing a secretative conversation between Jesus and Judas Iscariot. Although many Christian scholars would regard it as heresy, it would nonetheless be archived in the Auditorium and the original copy would fall into the hands of Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman. who would add it to his Office's personal collection of rare documents. Due to the Gospel's nature, copies of it would end up in various port cities along Ifriqiya, occassionally falling into the hands of European merchants traveling through. Meanwhile, the port of Jeddah begins to be re-built while merchants move to Yemen in an effort to resume trade through the Indian Ocean and the Strait of Malacca.
- Dai Viet: The construction of Cửu Trùng đài enters its fifth year. After the marriage offer in exchange for the Mekong Delta and the alliance between Dai Viet and Cambodia was rejected by Ang Chan, the Emperor sees that Ang Chan is the thorn in his eyes that prevents Dai Viet from getting their hands on the Mekong Delta, despite the already growing population of Vietnamese people inhabiting the delta. Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm proposed a plan to the Emperor: "The marriage was not accepted, meaning Ang Chan will certainty not willing to cede land to us. Luckily, Sdach Korn, our ally, had always had ambition to remove Ang Chan and become king of Chenla. In the past, Emperor Gaozu of Jin, before gaining control of Wei, had to retire to make Cao Shuang stop being suspicious of him, eventually, after waiting at the right time, he rebelled and his clan gained control of Wei. We have to convince Korn to fake his retirement, while finding the long-lost Imperial Sword Preah Khan Reach, and leaving his relatives as his satellites of him in the court. The time he’s going to use to prepare could convieniently be by the time we finished building Cửu Trùng đài, and then, funds can be used to help him stage a coup against Ang Chan. If we succeed, we can use that to force Korn to cede the delta to us. If we don’t, that can be used as a casus belli against Ang Chan to invade the Delta.” (Secret) So, the Emperor follows Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm’s advice and convince Sdach Korn to fake his retirement and follow the plan similiarly to Sima Yi’s. (Mod Response Needed, End Secret). Contacts are made to the Abbasids to establish trading relations with them. (Abbasid Response).
- Roman Empire:The Russian investment offer is accepted. The naval invasion expertise of Strategos Hasapis continues to improve this year as he works to improve the naval-logistical capacity of the empire. He takes the lessons learned last year and uses them to improve the ships used in such operations and the tactics deployed when sending troops abroad. Prince Godfried continues his education, taking particular interest in the Epidexiótita as a fencer and mathematician. The young prince proves adept at languages and begins studying, in addition to his Spanish and Lotharingians tongues, Italian, Russian, and German. The Emperor decides to maintain political distance from the Poles, but does seek to maintain positive trade relations.
- Saharawi Sadiyanate: During this time Jeremiah (Irmiya) III reigned in the nation, and sought close ties with his overlord Mali, and with the many powers trading within Mali from Europe. Despite its small size, the nation postured itself as a nexus between these two worlds. The ruler diminished and later eliminated all duties to those entering the port, causing it to become one of the most popular destinations for traders, but it also became a hub for outlaws and pirates from across West Africa, seeking to hide out in the relatively lax and unregulated city. One notable leader was Idris Jan Massufi, who gained notoriety for capturing a ship before his original ship sank, and then capturing a third ship as the second sank. He would also raid OTL Cape Verde, much to the disdain of local Malian governors. After cleaning up his act in the eyes of the law, the pirate turned state-sponsored privateer, and later even a diplomat, sailing around West Africa as far as the Kongo on official business. In his pursuit of outsiders to the state to boost its commerce and notoriety, Jeremiah III also had many run-ins with various religions and ideas. One popular preacher was Janbirdi al-Ghazali, who denounced the Malian sect of Islam in favor of Sunni Islam as practiced by those across the Sahara, and he also preached against the depravity and sinful nature present across the city. There was Frederik Hendrik, the self-proclaimed church father of the Lotharingian Quarter, who led the small but faithful Catholic population, and he often battled with and scoured West Africa in search of his nemesis Simon Syberg, the most famous (and perhaps only) Jungist ever active in at this time in the city. Jeremiah’s solution was to bring all the theologians together, inviting a Malian named Mohammed Bagayogo, Janbirdi al-Ghazali for the Sunnis, Frederik Henrik for the Catholics, a passing French trader named Bernard André for the Jungists (who was notably not a theologian or particularly well read), Rabbi Meir ben Isaac for the Jews, a Serer High Priest named Semou Njekeh Joof, Dogon High Priest Ogotemmeli, and many more. With all these theologians gathered, Jeremiah supervised and sought to reach some common ground, but these talks quickly broke into entertaining chaos instead.
- French Diplomacy: As France has a trade agreement with Mali and frequently trades in the region, a French group is sent to the Saharawi Sadiyanate, asking for a similar trade agreement and preferencial trading with France. In exchange European weapondry and goods is offered, with a lavish gift also being given.
- Vinland: The population hits 8,282 and is increased by an extra 150 indentured servants from the Celtic nations. Thus, the total population is 8,432. This new wave of Scotsmen, Irish, Welsh, and Cornish are predominantly sent to mine in Vinland (75), with some sent to Vestelfrland (40), some sent to Keathutberg (20), and the rest sent to Abegwit (15). Mining is successful this year, and much copper is hammered into coins. However, metalworkers begin investigating new methods of coinage, and look to casting. Population growth in the fishing villages of Fiska (735) and Bergstrond (76) catch the eye of the Vinlandic ruling class. Bishop Josep Josepsson authorizes the establish of the Hallberg Monastery, led by Franciscan monks. The Monastery begins growing hardy crops able to survive in the area. In other news, Count Guðmundr of Hallberg dies and is succeeded by his eldest son, Jerrik. The same year, Jerrik welcomes a daughter into his family, whom he and his wife Elisabet name Pallina. Trade flourishes with the Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Portuguese, and Mi’kmaq. Eric Kuis sends a number of diplomats and statesmen on board the caravel Helena av Konstantinopel to Scotland in order to establish an embassy in Edinburgh. (player response).
- Esgigeland and Unamaland: The population reaches 1,108, bolstered by an extra 20 indentured servants, bringing the total population to 1,128. The commonwealth expands westward.
- Vestelfrland: The population expands greatly this year. By the beginning of the year, the population was about 345, aided by an extra 40 indentured servants shipped from Hallberg. Over the course of the year, about 125 settlers arrived from Hallberg, Dogajavick, and Elufsker, bringing the year end population to 538. As Vinlandic explorers continue claiming land west along the river, natives tell them it is a land of Kanata. These explorers begin referring to this new western territory as Kanada. Explorers write to Eric Kuis appealing to him to establish an outpost at the mouth of the river (OTL Quebec City).
- Abegwit: The population reaches 229, bolstered by an extra 15, bringing the population to 244. By this year, several small hamlets exist along the coast.
- Marriage Offers: Check HERE for marriage offers. This applies to North and West European coastal powers who have the means of reaching Vinland and the ability in taking on the risk to do so for a marriage. Post offers there under the offers section.
- Invitation to Send Settlers: Check HERE for the invitation: Applies to North and West European coastal powers who have the means and ability to send indentured servants to Vinland. Post offers there under the offers section.
- Kingdom of France: As in 1520 at Blois the final battle resulted in victory for Joan, and also considering Charles died, the civil war ends, with Joan confirmed as the current monarch of the nation. She goes about rebuilding the nation after the relatively minor war, including reintegrating the rebellious province of La Marche into the nation, and reaping the spoils of the war, as with Charles died the last of the La Marche line, and the land is reunited with the crown, although loyal nobles are also rewarded and paid for their service. The last of the rebels are to surrender and be pardoned, else they face execution. The army remains partially mobilized, with soldiers manning the forts along the border and the coast in order to further ensure cooperation. Brittany and Normandy are garrisoned as there were local nobles who rebelled there. Despite some initial confusion over its fate (with Iceland), the French have determined they are the rightful rulers of St. Pierre, and Hytholoday returns this year with a number of people to keep up the fort there. A small fort is upgraded with a few hundred defenders. He arrives in Vinland to reaffirm their earlier treaty in writing, proposing that France will continue to aid Vinland in its endeavors, and Vinland will recognize French ownership over Saint Pierre and Miquelon. However, when it becomes clear that Vinland will not accept this rather fail and mutually beneficial deal, in a grave insult to the nation, Hytholoday returns back to France. As one of the stars of the civil war and a favorite of the crown, he assembles a small fleet, and travels to Vinland. Although he wishes to not thoroughly harm the natives, one of his captains decides to takes matters into his own hands and begins a bombardment. Despite this not being Hytholoday’s intention, he is dragged into battle to support the rest of the fleet. (Algorithm requested) When the smoke clears, an envoy is sent to negotiate the Vinlander surrender, with the French leader promising no further harm will come to the local natives. He states that Vinland won’t be a colony, but it will be forced to recognize some demands. An alliance offer is sent to England, and it is proposed the king or his relative marry a child of Queen Joan, noting that they share many mutual interests and France would support the return of Cornwall to England. (England response needed). A marriage proposal is also sent to our ally Portugal. (Portugal response needed).
- OOC: The mods allow you to colonize now, but the deal and settlement of St. Pierre is still crossed out, so this needs a lot of rewording for me to even consider. If anything, you should be starting fresh with a new deal as if the other one didn't happen. -Cookie.
- Kingdom of England: The battle of Salisbury that began in 1520 ends with the Lancastrian defenders from Wiltshire led by Edward Stafford, 3rd Earl of Wiltshire repulsing the Yorkist army led by King Edward VIII of England from the city. Soon after the forced retreat of the King's forces, the news of Robert of Bayreuth's call for help reaches England. King Edward VIII wants to send English aid to Robert with the goal of increasing English presence on the continent, but the English Parliament vetoes it because of Bayreuth not being Catholic and there already being a significant number of English mercenaries deployed to the continent to aid Charles of La Marche. This incident also ends up furthering the perception of local nobles and parliamentarians in London that Edward VIII is an incompetent ruler. The King's brothers Richard of Gloucester, Earl of Cambridge and George of Gloucester, Earl of Rutland try to keep the nobles and parliamentarians pacified in order to prevent them defecting to the Edwardian or Lancastrian factions. Related to this, they also talk to the Yorkist leader Thomas Howard the Younger (Earl of Surrey by courtesy) and convince him to gather Yorkist troops from Surrey and mount a counteroffensive against the forces supporting Edward VII of York. The forces from Surrey circle around London and besiege the town of Hertford which is being defended by Edward VII-loyal forces led by George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury. The Surrey forces outnumber the defenders of Hertford, but Edward VII of York and Henry of York, Duke of Clarence try to resupply and generally aid the defenders from their position in the city of St. Albans just to the west, and as a result the fighting on this front remains ongoing by the end of 1521. Meanwhile, King Edward VIII does not let himself be deterred from marching on Cornwall despite the setback at the battle of Salisbury, instead trying the strategy of circling around the Lancastrians in Wiltshire by going south. However, this causes Edward VIII's army to run into Lancastrian forces from Dorset that had set up a route to provide the defenders at the battle of Salisbury with military aid and supplies. This results in a battle on the banks of the River Stour just north of the market town of Blandford Forum in northeastern Dorset, wherein Edward VIII's forces manage to break through the Lancastrian defence. Instead of subsequently heading west through rural Dorset, though, Edward VIII decides late in the year to besiege Dorset's county town Dorchester in order to "punish" Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset, the Lancastrian noble who leads the defence of Dorset. Meanwhile, having heard of the developments in Wiltshire and Dorset, the Lancastrian leaders gathered in Oxford decide to spring into action. Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset and John de Vere the not-Earl led an army of Lancastrian soldiers from Somerset, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire southward through Oxfordshire and Berkshire into Hampshire with the goal of cutting off any attempted retreat or reinforcements for King Edward VIII's army that is in Dorset; while Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick holds the fort at Oxford. Local noble John Bourchier, 11th Baron FitzWarin becomes a commander in the Duke of Somerset's counterattack, while the diplomat Thomas Boleyn from Norfolk aids the Duke of Warwick in maintaining the Lancastrians' effective military base at Oxford. During this time in Oxford, the Duke of Warwick's third son Reginald Courtenay (b. 1501) begins to take an interest in one of Thomas Boleyn's daughters, named Anne (b. ~1501), while the Duke's second son Thomas Courtenay travels southwest from Oxford into Wiltshire with the goal of gathering reinforcements for the Lancastrian defence at Dorchester. In the meantime, John de la Pole, 3rd Duke of Suffolk and John Tuchet, 2nd Earl of Sussex, who are in Ipswich, have now become the only major "grouping" of Lancastrian leaders not to be military involved in the conflicts with King Edward VIII yet, though they continue to gather troops, manufacture weapons and also monitor the nearby Yorkist nobles Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk and Edmund Grey, 4th Earl of Kent. In other news, the English clergy continue printing and disseminating Thomas More's Responsio ad Jungum both domestically and internationally. Even with the ongoing conflicts, ship construction continues the Lancastrian-controlled dry dock in Bristol and the Yorkist-controlled dry dock in Portsmouth. While King Edward VIII is in Southwest London, his young daughter Mary (1516-1521) dies in unclear circumstances in London; the death is reported as an accidental fall on a staircase but rumours circulate that she was killed by one of her uncles, who were leading the administration of London in the King's absence. John de la Pole, 3rd Duke of Suffolk and Isabel Stafford have their second child, a daughter named Beatrice (b. 1521); Elizabeth Courtenay and Ralph Neville, 4th Earl of Westmorland have their third child, a son named Richard (b. 1521). In Rome, Ottoline von Lenzburg (1491-1521), daughter of Ulrich VIII, Duke in Exile of Lenzburg and a distant relative of the Plantagenets, dies of a disease.
- The Spanish Empire: Residing in allied territory, La Malinche, Cynthia and Cortes head to the Oaxaca offering a proposal for an alliance. (Mod Response). One of the men in the Spanish Army carries smallpox but recovers. The need for allies seems key for victory against the enemies of Spain within the Mexica Region. More ships arrive to support the Spaniards with more properly trained men rather than an expansive force but mostly made up of those for non-combat. This properly numbers the Spaniards up to 3,500 total but still, their native allies remain to be much more at large. Meanwhile, Francisco Magellan crosses the Strait of Magellan entering the Pacific Ocean in search of a route to the Spice Islands by travelling West. After seeing some struggles, a new colony is established named La Villa de Mao Azul (OTL Panama City) within the Isthmus Region.
While a tactical defeat was suffered by the French rebels in favor of Salic law in France, a cadre of nobles ostensibly under the Royal authority refuse to fight in any further engagements citing the disastrous consequences of over a century of conflict with England over the throne. They, themselves, treat with the rebellious nobles finding an amicable solution between them. "The semi-personal union between Bohemia and France shall persist for the duration of the current reign of the reigning king and queen. However, the union shall dissolve after this generation following gavelkind succession, and given to one of John II's children. If a lack of children are present, a local French noble family will be chosen instead." This proposed comprimise reached between the nobles on both sides of the conflict reaches an end to the French civil war.
Emperor Ottokar dies, and a new election is held to elect the new Emperor. The "Thin White Duke" of Thuringia is believed to have died around this same time, if not the same day as his rival. The exact method and circumstances of his death remain as mysterious as his origins, making a very curious page of European history. Without any clearly-defined succession laws in Thuringia, his death leads to the Duchy to be de-facto divided to smaller titles among all of his sons, who immediatley begin fighting each other for domination.
In Mesoamerica, the events of the Night of Sorrow causes the King of the Huastec Empire to die due to smallpox, which ravages the city. His death, accompanied with increased raids by the Tarascan State, causes the western territories to splinter off. A triple alliance of states between Tarascan, Texcoco and Tolocan is formed, resulting in over 2,000 sacrifices held at Tenotchitlan. This is immedatiately in opposition to their traditional allies in the Flower Wars, namely the states of Tlaxcala and Cholula.
In Chichimeca, the remnant states of the former Xaroyaca Empire would collect into the second Empire of the North.
Alauddin Husain ruling over Bengal marches on Hindustani territory managing to secure control over lost territories from the previous conflict with Hindustan. This see some moderate territory changing hands and a quick and decisive conflict bringing new territories to the Bengali sultanate.
After the death of Shah Ishaq of Persia, the Khanate of Bukhara breaks off in the north, setting the northern border of Persia to once again be terminated at the Oxus River.
The Tian Dynasty of China releases the Khanates around Turfan and Kashgar into a looser protectorate and tributary, taking on the traditional name of the Khanate of Moghulistan.
Nikolai Turgenev's "The Tsar" is printed in wide circulation in Russia with some copies heading to the Roman empire as well. With Tsar Dimitry the Peaceful as the subject the book goes into detail on how to navigate princely politics and establish and maintain power using the backdrop of the Great Rus' Civil war which has recently more effectively centralized Russia albeit at great cost.
The secrative Kunta Hora cult fleeing from Bohemia and Hungary settles down in parts of Poland and Russia. Ask NK for details on who they are.
Mongolian raids become routine in Japanese Manchuria, causing for some settlements to be completely razed and forcing the Japanese population to move toward the coast.
Malian explorer Abd Al-Muttalib Jannah is able to land in Brazil before natives attack the explorer, forcing his hand in fleeing the newly discovered lands.
- Saxony: Edmund Alwin, the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony, offers to vote for King Jaromir Premsylid in the upcoming Imperial Election, if they have a marriage alliance together. He would like to wed his grand-nephew Wenceslaus V (b. 1500), to Jaromir's daughter, Mary (b. 1498), with a French Duchy or County as a Dowry. If Jaromir agrees to this marriage alliance, Edmund Alwin promises to vote for him. (Bohemian Response). Edmund Alwin and other Electors assemble a new oath for the Emperor to take, which involves him vowing to honor "all religions and all forms of Christianity", rather than swearing to "pay submission to the Roman Pontiff". This is hoped to encourage religious tolerance in the Empire. After the death of the Thin White Duke, Edmund Alwin goes into shock upon hearing of it, as do many other Germans. This temporary mass shock becomes known as the Schock. Following the announcement that the Thin White Duke's territory will be partially divided amongst his large brood, Edmund Alwin proceeds to annex a large amount of the territory gained by Thuringia following the Jungist wars, claiming it for his nephew Wenceslaus IV, who is married to Joanna von Jenagotha, the Thin White Duke's oldest son William's daughter. As the Thin White Duke's son-in-law himself, Edmund Alwin keeps a bit of this land for himself. Later on in the year, Edmund Alwin decides to pay a diplomatic visit to a number of states which are Jungist or which sympathies with Jungists. He first travels to Hesse, where he decides he wants to meet with Agnes of Hesse, who he has heard so much about but never met properly in person. (Hesse Response).
- Tsardom of Russia: Dimitry II and Tsarina Katerina have their third child a boy who is named Vasilly Rurikovich. Dimitry II takes to his duties in peacetime with as much vigor as he had leading the Rurik loyalists during the civil war. Distribution of lands and rewards continue as does settling down the wartorn country. With a modest trickle of settlers from central and southern Europe coming into the Russian frontier supply depots and small settlements start to pop up along the river systems of Dimitry's realms as the newcomers follow the Russian and baltics fur trappers push into the hinterland. Administrative reforms continue as the rural regions are reorganized into oblasts (cantons) as subdivisions of larger themes. The orthodox clergy is charged with helping organizes a census to determine the size of the population. Displaced Rus' are also aidied with shelter and food while also some men are singled out either for talent with their hands, or their intellegence and are slated to either learn a trade or to become a Diak (clerk) or priest. Construction of the port at the mouth of the Neva begins employing German, Rus, and Balt labour to do so while drawing on German and Greek architects and engineers to design it. As part of the reconstruction of many of the cities particularly of Moscow, Novgrod and Kiev Dimitry employs Greek and German architects. By royal decree a small dowry will be gifted single women who marry, with the clergy acting in many ways as match makers. In Novgorod a steady return to peace and buisness as usual occurs, though tensions remain high as people who were once fighting and killing each other in the streets pass each other on a daily basis. A garrison of Varyag are placed in Novgorod and ensure peace in the streets and to ensure that Dimitry's will is enforced. The fort at Sviyaga is reconstructed as a proper fort for a garrison to enforce the will of the Rus' in the lands of the former Kazan Khanate, while the fortress at Kazan will be used as a stronghold in the case of war. Justices are appointed throughout the realm chosen from a short list compiled by Nikolai Turgenev who is appointed Tsar Dimitry as his Chief Justice as well as his main advisor making Nikolai Turgenev the second most important man in the Tsardom. The Greek Nestoras Manakis is granted the title Kniaz along with other Greeks who fought bravely and loyally for the tsar and are granted estates and positions in Dimitry's regime in the military and administration to assist with the reforms being carried out. Seed drills are imported from Constantinople. Tsar Dimitry "the Peaceful" as Nikolai names him in "The Tsar" begins inviting Greek and German scholars and artists to his court in Kiev where much of the aristocracyTurgenev continues teaching the young Konstantin about the affairs of State Craft, and also teaching him Russian. The young Konstantin proves remarkably skilled in languages having grown up in the court of Imperator Heradotus. He is able to carry on in Latin, Moldavian, Greek, and a little bit in German and Spanish. Nikolai employs him to help him translate the works of ancient Greek scholars into Russian. The two bond very much sharing in the delights of debating the ancients, and they start to develop a following of young aristocrats and foreigners who engage in these scholarly debates developing the start of intellectual circle in Kiev. The young Konstantin's appetites develop into a bit of a scandal after he gets into dispute with the son of Boyar whose betrothed is caught with Konstantin. Dimitry publicly scoffs both his son and the noble, and forces his son to begin attending church publicly to atone. Large scale trapping and deforestation in parts of the north Eastern Frontier begin as economic activity returns to the region. Timber in transported across the wartorn Russia to help with reconstruction as well as more riverboats are built with the help of German and Greek shipwrights. While plans to begin expanding the current obsolete and small Baltic fleet are laid out. A contract is offered to the Hansa to help Dimitry build a new fleet in the baltics which will assist them in enforcing the Hansa trade monopoly in the region (Hansa Response required). Importing of horses, sheep and cattle continue. Construction of the University of Novgorod begins alongside a new church which will be attached to the university, while a University in Kiev is also built, along with a new grand plaza and market place. Plans to build the Residential palace of Dimitry there is also made. Amidst the newcomers to Russia are some of the cult of Kutna Hora who take up residence in areas formerly held by the Tatars. They are led by a mysterious preacher who avoids being seen by non members of the group. They set up a place of worship away from the prying eyes of the Orthodox church or of Dimitry's men. In this general area a few Tatar serfs go missing from the estates of local Boyars though it is assumed that they just escaped.
- Rus' Dip: Dimitry's diplomats continue to search for a good candidate to marry the young Konstantin. Hearing of a possible match in Georgia, Dimitry sends a secial envoy bringing gifts of rare and expensive fur pelts to the court of Nathan of Georgia. (Georgian response).
- Empire of Japan: With this years issues in regards to raids in Western Manchuria the local regional force made up of nearly 10,000 is mobilized to deal with the threat and bring stability back to Western Manchuria and prevent further population exodus from the region. The Manzhu regional army consisting of nearly 7,000 infantrymen and 3,000 of the Manchu cavalrymen (specifically taking advantage of their longstanding hostility against the Mongols) are sent to the border between Japan and the Mongol state. The army immediately being implementing patrols and hopes to spot and deal with any of the Mongol raids this year before they become a massive issue. This, however, leads to the discovery of a large Mongol raiding party forcing a contingent of the regional army to deploy to a defiant village the only remaining one in the region. This forces an indecisive engagement as nearly 2,000 troops from the Manzhu regional army are attacked near the village. The engagement, however, left a hole in the line of forts running across the Amur River which led to the raiding of the region surrounding Amuraji and prompting the local garrison to defend the city and keep many people inside the city for the duration of the raids. The end of this years raids leads to a very disappointing conclusion as the Mongol raiders have proven able to outmaneuver the regional army. While the Regional issue in Manzhuguo does draw the concerns of the Imperial Diet, the diet and the Emperor approve more funding to be sent to the Manzhu imperial army as well as the sending of the Niigata Kensei order chapter consisting of 600 elite soldiers who will assist the Manzhu Regional army in devising a way to combat the raids. With a longstanding want to expand the Japanese Imperial presence in the Great Azuma archipelago the Imperial army is marshaled and nearly 30,000 troops as well as the Azuma islands fleet are sent treating with one of the most important groups of the Igorot Confederation (i didnt have a contemporary name i believe. Its that orange state right under my north luzon holdings) and Offers to support them and their leader in seizing control of the Confederation in exchange for becoming a vassal state under the Empire of Japan. With a significant force sitting around Fort Koba as well as Japans intimidating fleet in the area it is expected they say yes but a response is requested (Mod Response please). While the rest of these actions take place, at home the Emperor presents the chosen successor to his throne, his Son Jimmu named after one of Japans legendary emperors. While the other favored candidate has proven to be inept in the arts of governance, he is delegated to a ceremonial role while Jimmu has proven to be more intelligent and capable in the eyes of his father. The common school system continues to be developed as many of the primary temple schools continue to develop and solidify their curriculum. The Army and navy finish their evaluations of the Wheellock and Snap Matchlock arquebus's and a proof is given that while the Wheellock is a more effective weapon it proves to be extremely expensive in comparison to the Snap Matchlock of which nearly 10,000 have already been produced between the Kyoto Guards regiment and multiple Kensei order chapters. It is then hence delineated that the more water resistant Wheellock will be pushed toward arming the waterborne marines of the Navy while the Snap Matchlock in its extremely easy to produce configuration known simply as the "Tanegashima Matchlock" will be used heavily by the Army and fully replace the more rudimentary arquebus used by the Imperial and regional armies currently. The ratio in infantry using these weapons is increased as the Musketeer regiments are effectively expanded bringing roughly 30 percent of the infantry of the core Imperial army using this weapon as production ramps up. The development of trade connections in the Indian ocean continues as more routes are established now into Bengal, Ethiopia, and the Abbasid Caliphate. The development of the colonies in Arasakura reaches a fever pitch as the viability of Kenenaitzu leads to a clear expansion of the settlements borders as well as expansion of claimed lands going up the Mantanuska and Susitna Rivers. Late in the year with the acceptance of the offer, Japanese forces move inside the small tribal confederacy bringing it all under their new vassals control and also establishing any found Chinese trading settlement as a free city (city being generous) allowing them to operate as they were prior to the Japanese takeover free of Japanese influence. The march is relatively bloodless as many of the tribes dont put up a fight or openly welcome the Japanese. After decades of trading in the region, many know who the Japanese are, their lack of aggression, and most importantly their products have made quite the impression in the region. The transition moves smoothly for all purposes. Hoping to delegate some of the military matters, Emperor Kenshiro appoints a new Kampaku replacing the former Hosokawa family member held over from his mothers rule. Sora of the Soga clan is appointed as the Kampaku. Trained at the Kyoto military academy he is noted to be the best duelist at the academy during his tenure and being extremely adaptable. He is seen as a perfect Kampaku designated to run a moderate sized professional army. Limited to 40,000 troops proper (not including the elite and informal units such as the Kyoto Guards regiments, and Kensei Order).
- The Igorot Society accepts this offer from Japan.
- Mali Empire: Mansa Mustafa II works further at the integration of nomadic peoples in the Empire within the centralized feudal system of the Gbara. At first, he attempts to create new feudal titles to represent the integrated regions, but this attempted proposal was blocked in the Gbara by the states of Waalo and Jolof. Instead, they opted for the partitioning of the territory between neighboring regional powers. Mustafa sends the imperial envoy to the Sahwari Sadiyanate, to the court of Sidi/Emir Irimiya III. According to an ancient tradition since the time of Hendrickus Pisacus, a beautiful woman from the Imperial Harem is given as a gift to be the wife of the Sahwari ruler. This envoy, named Addas Al-Niya, relates the Emperor's wishes to address the ongoing cultural clash and religious diversity in the state. Irimiya himself will affirm, as all vassals of the empire must do, that he pays homage to the Caliph in Segu, the successor of Abu Yunus. All other sects of Islam are tolerated as long as they resepct the authority of the state. All other Abrahamic religions of Christianity and Judaism are tolerated under Sharia law, as the Ahl Al-Kitab, while they pay the Jizya tax. All other religions of African paganism are officially considered idolotry and infidels, and this pagan population should be enslaved. The actual enforcement of this policy is given to local rulers, considering the economic incentive to profit off of the slave trade is so great. Yahya Mamamoo was still in exile in Mauritania, but had already arranged for his visit to Sahwari next year, hoping to help mediate the religious debates. Having completed his first successful voyage in Meridia, Abd Al-Muttalib returns to the court in Dakar, where he announces to his patrons his discovery of a previously-unknown coastland, quite possibly the lands of Abu Bakr, or otherwise on the path to reach India. He petitions the government to sponsor a further voyage, hoping this time to be better equipped and prepared against the natives so he can establish a more permanent outpost. The Emir of Jolof, Yoro Kabir, reaches out to the Sadiyanate for support in this endeavor: in exchange for providing more ships, supplies, and manpower for the expedition to Meridia, Irimiya III can assume the majority of revanue or exports that comes from the settlement. Furthermore, negotiations are opened to the Lotharingian companies of the KWAC and RHC over possible deals in the new world. The offer given to these companies would entail that a jointly-owned settlement in Meridia would exist between Mali and one of the companies, while respecting the existing claims of Lotharingia, and other settlements outside of this specific colony would be recognized as fully owned by Mali. For the RHC, this proposal is the region of OTL Ilha dos Marinheiros just north of the Lotharingian expedition in at the Uruguay River. For the KWAC, this proposal is at the OTL city of Recife much farther north, being the closest point of Meridia to their ports in Africa.
- Kingdom of Portugal: With the Titular city of Zanzibar falling to the Portuguese marines (Emalia did algo) the king offers the sultan a deal, Portugal will make zanzibar a protectorate of them if he agrees. If not, the troops will continue until the entire island is under direct Portuguese control. (MOD RESPONSE NEEDED). The 1,000 troops are reindofrced by an addional 200 to keep any counter attacks from succeeding. Meanwhile, with these recent victories, the king begins receiving the nickname the great. Crown Princess Maria receives her first horse this year where she is educated in horse riding and fighing on horsebacks.
- Mod Diplomacy: Zanzibar agrees to become a protectorate.
- Kingdom of Bohemia: In 1521, Robert of Bayreuth had launched his invasion against Thuringia. With the help of a handful of English (and other) mercenaries, and the support of various exiled princes. Although the Emperor was skeptical of this attack, he agreed that the Great Peasant Army had unlawfully deposed several rulers, an army which Hugh had supported, and therefore he sent an army to aid Robert in the attack. Bayreuth was initially in a highly disadvantageous position, as it found itself surrounded by Jungist states aligned with Hugh. Robert’s brother-in-law, Sir Lionel Hawkwood, was married to a daughter of the Palatine ruler, and so switched sides in support of the Palatine against the Jungists. Among the English settlers of the region, numerous nobles were divided. Sir John Arundel would become a prominent follower of the Count, while the Courtenay family largely supported the Emperor, with the notable exception of the head of the family himself, Sir William Courtenay. Several relatives or supporters of the Earl of Hereford also aid Robert, as Thomas of York is the Emperor’s son-in-law. Bohemian forces first clashed with the Jungists at the Battle of Plauen, which saw Vogtland switch sides in favor of the Catholic side, despite Hugh’s intimidation. Elsewhere, Bamberg found itself quickly under siege by the Jungists, after Truhendingen suffered an embarrassing defeat attempting to attack Hugh’s army from Nuremberg. For a year Hugh and Robert, two men renowned for their cunning, battled on and off the battlefield. During the Siege of Coburg, Robert attempted to dig tunnels under the city walls, only to find Hugh had dug tunnels himself, and threw bears and other wild animals into the tunnels. For days chaotic battles took place in the darkness, as soldiers and animals battled for survival. Months later Robert had agents in the city plant gunpowder underneath the theatre, but that night Hugh had flooded the auditorium with water for a production of the play “Atlantis”, causing the gunpowder to fail to light. Hugh managed to send assassins to Robert’s camp and stab him multiple times, only for Robert to reveal he was unscathed as that had been a decoy general the entire time, only for the assassins to reveal they had known that and wanted to bring Robert out of hiding. All this continued until the death of Emperor Ottokar, which caused a delay in the war. Hugh reportedly escaped the city by jumping off the castle walls with a glider device, crashing 200 meters away in preparation for the election. Hugh would run as one possible candidate, noting that the Jungists could potentially overpower the Catholic favorite of Ottokar’s son Jaromir, but his chances were greatly hurt by the ongoing conflict. But then one night the Thin White Duke disappeared. According to legend, it is said that he walks among the tallest peaks of Germany, waiting on that mountain for a day when Thuringia needs him most, and then he will return. Under his unifying guidance, peace had been possible in the House of Jenagotha, as although he had a cruel exterior, he had always valued his family and welcomed all within The Twins. In his later years, the various branches of the family, all with differing loyalties and motivations, had begun to conspire against each other, waiting for the day that the Thin White Duke finally died. Many of his sons had predeceased him, to the point that his eldest son was actually his 17th child, Conrad. However, Conrad III as Duke of Württemberg had agreed to forfeit his position in the line of succession in exchange for Württemberg, a promise not certain he would keep. Therefore if succession passed strictly to the eldest son, that left his 20th child Hugh “the Heir”. As his moniker implied, Hugh thought of himself as the Thin White Duke’s preferred heir. He had the most support and was crowned Duke, and also had an extensive region of his own that he controlled, ranging from Nuremberg to Coburg, acquired through sometimes shady dealings. In addition to the Nuremberger and Württemberger branches, there was also Count Louis of Nordhausen, the Saxons under Roger von Jenagotha and the other half Marcks, the Brandenburgers led by matriarch Maria, who were notable for their alliance with the Sommers of New World exploration fame, and he “Elisabethian Fourteen” led by Isidore von Jenagotha. There were numerous children of Elisabeth of Nuremberg who despised the “usurper” Hugh, while others in that branch supported him. There were notable legitimized bastards like the powerful Conrad von Lautertal and Xaver von Coburg, the former a supporter against Robert, and latter more independent and distasteful of Hugh. But perhaps the most important rival of them all was the Thin White Duke’s oldest grandson, who depending on the rules of succession would have an even greater claim than Hugh, and that was Henry IX. He ruled over Weimar and most of eastern Thuringia along the Saxon border, and was all around just as popular as the self-proclaimed Duke. His clan also included Talstein and Rutha, and Wenceslaus IV de la Marck (his half brother-in-law), who he granted lands to or helped to acquire numerous lands within Thuringia for. There were dozens of minor branches of little note as well, who were all courted or swayed to various factions. Although a “civil war” develops, it is largely not a war fought on the battlefield, but a familial rivalry of who will outlive their siblings and kinsmen, with various plots to outmaneuver each other. Although Hugh has the upperhand, he fails to consider one issue. Henry IX is proclaimed the Apostolic President with the backing of Nietzche and other allies, such as Gustav Jung.
- Celtic Confederacy: The Vinlandic expedition is welcomed, and their request to have a Vinlandic embassy is accepted. (Much more to come).
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The building for the House of Barons is continued this year looking all mighty and strongly built. The King continues the construction of a huge castle named Dracula in the capital. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. After fleeing our nation to Poland as our border patrol guards sees the Kunta Hora can start mass murders that the screams can be heard from our nation from Poland. Our border with Poland has been locked down so the cult doesnt come back into our nation after the killing spree in Poland at this moment. A few Polish people try and come into our nation to seek wreckage from the cult going on the mass murders. We do not allow any Polish people into our nation in fear that they could be the cult people and be liars and faking. A few Polish people break through into our nation and are then taken to court for not following rules. After they are thrown in prison.
- Vinland: The population reaches 8,517, and is increased by 150, bringing the total to 8,667. Many of the servants go to Hallberg and work as apprentices for the burgeoning fur tanning industry. The bishop of Vinland donates some clothing and garden tools to the Abbey of Hallberg. In other news, miners continue unearthing copper in open-pit mines and send them to Dogajavick to be hammered into coins. However, some of these coins are created through casting, creating a rounder, more aesthetically pleasing and valuable coin. Trade flourishes with the Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Portuguese, and Mi’kmaq. Eric Kuis sends to the embassy in Edinburgh a treaty to guarantee Vinlandic sovereignty. We fight back against the few hundred Frenchmen. Despite having guns and weaponry due to trade with Portugal, Scotland, and Ireland for decades, we ask the Celtic Confederacy for a shipment of guns, other weaponry, and advisors to help combat the French (Player response). We wage guerilla warfare on the French using the forces gifted to us as we wait for the Celtic and Spanish reinforcements.
- Esgigeland and Unamaland: The population reaches 1,125. Bolstered by about 25 servants, the total population hits 1,150. The commonwealth expands southwestward.
- Vestelfrland: The population expands to about 588, bolstered by 50 sent from Hallberg, bringing the population to 638. The western edge of Vestelfrland is continued to be called Kanada. Eric Kuis sends an expedition to establish an outpost in OTL Quebec City. About 80 settlers are sent and a few homesteads are established.
- Abegwit: The population reaches about 250.
- Celtic Diplomacy:This request for advisors is accepted, and 200 are dispatched to aid Vinland in its defense against the perfidious French. We also agree to sell them 1,000 Arquebuses to aid their defense, and several cannons.
- Vinlandic Diplomacy: We graciously accept the advisors and 200 troops. We purchase the 1,000 arquebuses as well as cannons.
- Kingdom of Iceland: The King sends the Greenlandic patriarch alone to sail to where he is welcome and expels him for any Icelandic owned nation. The Icelandic name for Vinland does not change. The king revives the almost two-century-old Order of Nordic Piety and offers it to the King of Sweden( Mod Response Needed). The king wanting to use Höfði more suggest the Celtic Confederate leaders meet up every 20 years in Höfði to discuss matters at hand and throw a royal party in which shall be known as the Councils of Höfði. (CC Response Needed). The King decrees that all Icelandic kings shall be addressed by Icelanders as the True Lion of the North. (Atli asked me to post for him, this is not my own work. -Joseph)
- Kingdom of France: With the fall of Dogajavick, the French rebuild and fortify their position at a hillfort, christened Fort Hytholoday, having leveled the village there. They pillage the region, supplying themselves well off the spoils of the land and on everything captured in the city. Likewise a large quantity of guns, ammunition, and goods are captured in the city. With the capital sacked, the French demand that the Vinlanders surrender, else they will lose the rest of their fledgling nation just to the consequences of prolonged war. The French navy is dispatched to send numerous reinforcements, especially after tales of Vinland’s riches are propagated by the notorious trickster that is Hytholoday. A fleet arrives in the north dispatched to aid Hytholoday, while another drops off more men at St. Pierre. A blockade continues, sinking or capturing all ships attempting to resupply Vinland, with captured supplies going to the French soldiers. In France, meanwhile, the nation continues to rebuild following the brief war, and by this time a peace has been well implemented, as John of Anjou makes no attempt to rule over France, and he promises that he will not allow Bohemia to rule over France in a personal union after him as requested. Joan remains in charge, and continues to reward the nobility that was loyal and reshuffle command over the damaged province, appeasing the nobility. Soldiers continue to garrison the border forts and coast, in order to ensure that the peace remains.
- Celtic Confederacy: With the arrival of the Vinlandic delegation, the treaty is signed, officially making them a Protectorate of the Celtic Confederacy, and placing them under our protection. We then hear of the French unprovoked war of aggression against our ally and, horrified, declare war upon the French Heretics in order to protect Vinland, as we promised. We immedietty dispatch 2,000 troops to aid our ally, initially disguising it as a trade expedition and landing in our leased area, before seizing control of the surrounding unoccupied area and making contact with the unoccupied parts of Vinland. We also call upon Portugal, a fellow ally of Vinland, to join and help us fight France (PORTUGUESE RESPONSE NEEDED). (SECRET) We also encourge Spain to intervene against France to retake their lost territories from the heretics well the French are wasting their resources in Vinland. If this is accepted, we gather up our whole navy and in combination with Spanish naval forces confront the French Navy in a major battle near Spanish Waters. (SPANISH RESPONSE NEEDED, I DO NOT DO THIS IF THEY DONT ACCEPT) (END OF SECRET). In other news, trade in West Africa continues, and we block all French traders from going near these areas.
- Spanish Diplomacy:
In good faith with The Celts and seeing a perfect opportunity to show dominance over our rival, The Emperor of all Hispania, King Elvin I de Reginier-Barcelona declares war on France.
- Spanish Diplomacy:
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": As Immigration to Russia slowly picks up, with a total of 5,000 Columbites and beguines ariving in Russia. These setlers mostly setling around Novgorod and other cities and towns close to the Oostzee, Trade between Russian and Lotharingia increasing with this. Russia Furs and Alcohol becoming very popular in Lotharingia, one of these drinks being a drink that's as clear as water. This thus being called Vodka which is the Russian word for water, this drink lacking in much taste but having a good Alcohol precentage. A small group of Russians - around 20 this being three families settling on Terschellingen, the group doing so as part of getting Lotharingians to Russia. These families being some rich merchants who see in Russo-Belgians as a great market and a great chance for the improvement of Russia. While in Constantinople the Young nine-year-old Godfried is continuing his study, Little Friedje is being known as very linguisticly abled. Little Fried knowing Spanish, Belgian, Latin, Greek and even some basic German. Godfrieds education staying unaltered by the People's Cospiracy due to his age and how far he was from the events, which makes him a non issue for the conspiracy. The triumvirate of Nicolaas Everaerts, Juliaen de Kremer and Jan Bakker promising the Senatus Regus Lotharii to restore their rights and duties. As their rights were mostly denied by King John V and John VI, as wars were happening without an end, the kings seeing the senate in this period as a hindrance. As the senate often prefered diplomatic means and sought to abide by the law, which John V was elss fond of. The triumvirate being quite effective at the moment as it enjoys popular support from both the army and the Merchants, the population being more neutral. As the great changes to administration mostly affects those who are rich and powerfull in the first place. This Helping the merchant companies such as the KWAC, RHC, VIV and Wagenaar famyljebedriuw, The KWAC even signing a contract with the Manden Korufuba. This Contract being as result of the Failed manden exploration attempt of Southern eastern mela. While at the Herdersvlaktes the Voyage of Johan Ruysch continues as Yaro tribe, the veroveraars hearing of a mystical land. This land being a Land of Gold and Silver which is on the other side of the big Mountains. The Veroveraars under Ruysch founding a small town at the delta of the Herdersvlaktes with the name of Bergen, this town being founded as a small habour at the mouth of the river delta. Thus the voyageurs offer the Yaro an alliance, guns, and Belgic items in exchange for knowledge of the land (Mod Response). The yaro having better knowledge of the land then then the Johan Ruysch explorers.
- Hesse: With the Emperor currently deceased, and with there being internal disagreement in Thuringia, Agnes of Hesse sends several secret messages. She approaches Hugh the Heir and offers to join his side in exchange for Hesse being ceded Henry IX’s territory of Ziegenhain when Hesse attacks and occupies it. If this is rejected, she also will write to Henry IX instead asking to buy it in exchange for Hesse declaring war on Hugh the Heir. (Thuringia response needed) When Edmund Alwin arrives in Hesse, she attempts to seduce him and begin an affair. She offers to buy Waldeck in exchange for support for Saxony elsewhere. (Saxony response needed). Else she considers invading it.
- Saxony: Edmund Alwin at first refuses Hesse's offer, but after meeting with Agnes he is struck dumb by her charms, and is soon willing to give her Waldeck for free. However, his advisors quickly tell him this is not a good idea, and offer a deal: Saxony is willing to give Hesse Waldeck, if Waldeck will help Saxony gain land in the Saxon-Thuringian circle when the time comes.
- Roman Empire: Copies of The Kaisar circulate widely among the aristocracy of the empire this year. Kaisar-Autokrat Herodotus II takes a liking to the text. He hosts a reading group in the palace to analyze the text and fully understand the newest addition to Russian literature. The presence of Greeks in Russia and Moldavia helps trade throughout the Black Sea flourish. The colonization and development of the Danube Delta continues at a break-neck pace as a large plot of rich land is set aside for a new pair of Themes. Themata Dobroditia and Themata Tyra are to be laid out in the wealthiest parts of the newly reclaimed land. In their establishment 12,000 of the country’s fiercest and largest poor citizens and their families are granted lands and transported to the Delta. The establishment of these themes solidifies greater Imperial rule over the region and transitions the two vassal states into autonomous themes. Prince Godfried’s studies continue well. He excels in language skills, fences quite well, but does struggle some in mathematics.
- Georgia: We accept Russia's marriage request. Economy improves.
- Kingdom of England: King Edward VIII of England's army continues to besiege Dorchester, but they are unable to break through the Lancastrian defences led by Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset. Though his own armies are still recovering from the battle of Salisbury, Edward Stafford, 3rd Earl of Wiltshire also organises raids on the besieging Yorkist forces at Dorchester. Thomas Courtenay (1495-1522), the second son of Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick, leads some of these raids but ends up dying in battle. Eventually, under the pressure of being unable to break through Dorchester's defence and the continuing raids, King Edward VIII decides to abandon the siege and have the army retreat back to the east and try another route for reaching Cornwall rather than expending too much manpower on a garrison outside of Cornwall. As they head east, the King's army intends to resupply at the Yorkist military/naval base at Portsmouth in Hampshire; however, when trying to cross the River Test at the town of Southampton in southwestern Hampshire, they are ambushed by the Lancastrian army of troops from Somerset, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire led by Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset; John de Vere the not-Earl; and John Bourchier, 11th Baron FitzWarin, who had travelled to Hampshire the previous year with the specific goal of cutting off Yorkist attempts at retreat or reinforcements. King Edward VIII eventually manages to cross the River Test, but loses at two-thirds of the soldiers he still had in the process, while the Lancastrians suffer relatively minor losses, and as a result the battle of Southampton is generally seen as a Lancastrian strategic victory. Because of the heavy Lancastrian presence in Hampshire, King Edward VIII only has his army spend a short period of time in Portsmouth and instead decides to retreat farther east to London to gather more Yorkist troops and resupply his army. By the end of 1522, King Edward VIII's army is heading northeast through the Yorkist-controlled county of Surrey. Meanwhile, in Hertford, the Edward VIII-loyal attackers led by Thomas Howard the Younger manage to break through the defence of Edward VII-loyal troops and establish control over the town; Edward VII's ally George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury (~1468-1522) dies in the battle, and his son Francis (b. 1500), husband of Edmund Grey, 4th Earl of Kent's sister Bridget, becomes the 5th Earl of Shrewsbury. Most of the remaining Edward VII-loyal troops, including Edward VII of York himself and his brother Henry of York, Duke of Clarence, regroup in the nearby city of St. Albans in Hertfordshire. Thomas Howard the Younger does not immediately pursue the Edward VII-loyal forces from Hertford to St. Albans, partly due to his own dissatisfaction with the unstable temperament and questionable strategising of King Edward VIII, though he does keep the Yorkist battalion from Surrey stationed in Hertford. John de la Pole, 3rd Duke of Suffolk and John Tuchet, 2nd Earl of Essex continue gathering Lancastrian troops in Ipswich in Suffolk and work on improving the quality of their weapons. After the apparent establishment of a truce in France, the English Parliament recalls the English mercenaries that had been aiding Charles of La Marche, including the mercenary company of Marcantonio I Colonna. The English Parliament receives the diplomatic message from France but due to a combination of factors, including ongoing disputes about the dynastic conflict in the Parliament, King Edward VIII's absence from London, some parliamentarians' dislike of the French leadership for religious reasons and some parliamentarians' persistent grudges over the Hundred Years' War, the Parliament is unable to formulate a response to France this year. Some parliamentarians hear of the ongoing tensions between the Celtic Confederacy and France over Vinland, but most do not really pay attention to this yet due to the ongoing conflicts closer to home. The English clergy continue printing and disseminating Thomas More's Responsio ad Jungum both domestically and internationally. In Oxford, Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick's third son Reginald Courtenay (b. 1501) marries Anne Boleyn (b. ~1501), daughter of Thomas Boleyn, a local diplomat aiding the Duke of Warwick. In York, Louise of York (1513-1522), daughter of Edward VII of York, tragically dies of a disease. Edward Courtenay and Margaret Beaufort have their first child, a son named John (b. 1522). In Europe, Engelbert IV, Count of Gorizia (1467-1522), a distant relative of the Plantagenets through the Lenzburgs, dies of a disease and is succeeded as Count by his son Meinhard IX (b. 1499).
- Hanseatic League: The Tagfahrt of 1522 goes like many of the Tagfahrts of the past decades; long, with many issues discussed and very few solved. In a certain way, it highlights the failures of the Grand Syndic system almost perfectly: a strong church allows for a strong League under this oligarchy because the Church itself is part of the governing apparatus. In the case of a weak church, however, the secular and religious powers of the League tend to clash politically, resulting in deadlocked votes. When the Protestant reformation began, the League was unable to pass a law making Jungism illegal despite much support. Now, anything approaching acts against either side are practically impossible to pass through the governing body. Much of the decisions made in the Hansa are made behind closed doors, particularly at the Society of the Compass. This secret society of Lübeck's most wealthy citizens typically meets in the opulent palaces of the Travesmünde. In 1522, however, Burkhart Manor is finally finished. The Brick Gothic facade of the castle incorporates a defensive tower and even a cannon, as the peace throughout the League seems to grow increasingly fragile. The meeting of the Society of the Compass this year, however, is notable for the concentration of Jungists in the party. None other than Arnold Starck is invited to the meeting. In the past few years, tales of Starck's adventures range from thrilling and improbable to hilarious and impossible. Many of the upper class become enamored with the rogue Knights Templar, though many find his inclusion to be of poor taste, if not outright aligning with the Jungists in the first place. Word of his attendance at the Society of the Compass does not spread quite yet, though many who frequent the parties held by the Burkharts do not attend. The younger Burkharts, many of whom are only interested in the goings-on of the Society of the Compass because of the drunken, sexual escapades associated with the meetings, are captivated by Arnold Starck, however. This includes young Peter Burkhart, grandson of Georg Burkhart, along with Ludwig Hanover and Catherine Guelph. In just a few short years, each member of this young generation will be thrust into leadership. Though the Society of the Compass' meetings are secret, the rise of Jungism throughout the Hansa is evident by a brief conversation with any random serf in Bumblefucksberg. Prussia has become a hotbed of Jungist thought without much real direction, as the central Hanseatic League seems to be split down the middle. Urban and financial centers seem to be growing in Jungists while the Church retains its power closer to the Rhineland. Münster and Osnabrück form a civil alliance with the Archbishop of Bremen in backing the Knights Templar in the Northern German inquisitions. Folks become worried of an armed, organized uprising of Catholics against the Jungist-tolerant Hansa. Even the Archbishop of Bremen, once a leading authority throughout Germany, is watching his power wane by the day. The Hanseatic League, wishing to serve the Premyslid dynasty as a faithful ally as it has done before many times, sends 10,000 men to aid Bohemia. The League continues to expand its trading presence throughout the rest of Germany. By this point, the associated cities of the Hanseatic League stretch from the Baltic to Prague, and from Riga to Cologne. However, the truly changing market is in the West Indies. Nicholas Sommer the Younger, son of the elder who discovered Meridia, establishes good relations with the Potonchán (approved by RNG run by Solace). Great care is taken to translate the language of the Chontal Maya. He discusses the great Emperor of Germany and the wealthy Haneatic League with Tabascoob, the king of Potonchán, and proposes an offer of alliance with the city. (Mod response requested). In the meantime, the city of Ansgar is established at OTL Santa Marta.
- Kingdom of Mutapa: A natural world section is added to the schoool in matala, which is set to practice whats the European traders call alchemy and the study of the natural world. Enovys are sent to bring the Ezulwini into the nation peacefully if they can. The great roads are near complete.
Pope Adrian VI has died, ending the era of "Bassie and Adriaan". A new conclave is held to elect the new Pope.
Jaomir Premyslid, the Duke of Anjou is elected the new Holy Roman Emperor, and is crowned as Emperor John III in Aachen.
As Jungist move increasingly into the borders of Hungary with the permission of the crown, minor brawls begin to occur between the Jungist and Catholic populace’s prompting nobles to approach the King and demand he rescind his encouragement of Jungist immigrants as well as limit those within the borders of Hungary politically for the stability of the Kingdom.
Open rebellion appears in Sweden, with peasants and a few local nobles rising to uproot the recent Sweden Reformation regarding the adoption of Jungism. This prompts multiple clashes throughout the kingdom and a major engagements in Uppland and Södermanland
An outbreak of the Bubonic plague occurs in France covering the Occitania region, threatening to spread farther into the Kingdom.
The Torah is translated into German.
In response to the Invasive Xhosa to the north the Great tribes of Natal fight the Xhosa to a standstill clearly delineating tribal borders. The small Zulu tribe are noted to be the some of the best warriors during the conflict.
In what has been referred to as the "Ningbo Incident", trade representatives between two Japanese daimyō clans brawl in the Tian city of Ningbo. The brawl leads to heavy damage to the city, interrupting Tian-Japanese trade and leading to a surge of wokou across the Chinese coast.
Emir Babur al-Mo'h of Kabul begins a series of raids against the weakened Hindustan Empire, establishing the Mohebid Sultanate after capturing Kashmir and territory in the northwestern core.
- Kingdom of Portugal: After having received the news that France had declared war on our ally Vinland, the king goes into a fit of rage. It ends with him nearly killing one of his servants who is French before being calmed down by his wife. In response to this, he issues an embargo on France. He also issues a royal decree which says that a state of war now exists between Portugal and France. Meanwhile, the Portuguese navy will sail to link up with the Celtic navy. Meanwhile, the Portuguese first army under the command of the king numbering 15,000 will march toward the French-Spanish border and prevent anyone from entering if they would attack Spain. (Dren gave me permission to put this here). Meanwhile, with Zanzibar agreeing to the deal, the king withdraws 200 troops and leaves a garrison of 1,000 to make sure there are no rebellions. After receiving further news, the king takes command of 2,000 troops and boards the Indian armada which set sail for Vinland, where it will defend and sink any French ships.
- Saxony: Edmund Alwin cedes Waldeck to Hesse in exchange for Hesse helping Saxony some time in the future. Having started a passionate love affair with Agnes of Hesse (she has herself delivered to her room one night disguised as a carpet, and from that moment onward he is smitten), Edmund Alwin is regarded by his advisors as becoming increasingly incompetent. However, he achieves a victory in Thuringia, with the help of Emperor-Emeritus Henry IX, and manages to annex Northeast Meissen, declaring his favourite nephew Wenceslaus the Count of Saxe-Meissen. He then goes on to conquer and receive more land, allying himself with Henry IX. Gaining and conquering and receiving more Thuringian territory, he at first attempts to categorize his new lands and titles. He declares himself Count of Schonburg, Anhalt and Lexau, but due to Edmund Alwin's limited knowledge of geography and infamous inability to read maps, some doubt whether these places even exist. Edmund Alwin therefore consolidates the land he gained from Thuringia into one state under Saxony. Initially referred to as "the Thuringian Inheritance", it becomes known as the Duchy of Saxe-Ringia, and is given to Edmund Alwin's nephew Wenceslaus. Edmund Alwin recognises Henry IX as Duke of the rest of Thuringia, but, anxious to avoid war, proposes Hugh and Henry share sovereignty of Thuringia, becoming joint-Dukes. Or they could split it down the middle and share each part. Edmund Alwin asks for the Queen of France to accept his marriage offer from last year, and give the bride a dowry of a land or title. (French Response). Meanwhile, Edward "the Hunchback" de la Marck has a child, named Edwardina Henrietta de la Marck. Meanwhile, Peter de la Marck has an illegitimate child, named Peter, but dies in the midst of conceiving him, of a heart attack. Clementia de la Marck and Roger von Jenagotha have their first child, named Andrew Roger. Edmund de la Marck and Agnes von Jenagotha have their first child, a daughter named Agnes Edmundina. Olaf de la Marck has a daughter named Gertrude. As a member of the Danish Royal Family, Gertrude is created Duchess of Ringkjobing. Henriette Ingeborg de la Marck has a child, a son named Henry. Henriette Ingeborg de la Marck has a child, a son named Henry. Once again interested in establishing friendly relationships with the exiled House of Lenzburg, Edmund Alwin offers to wed Henrietta Edwardina de la Marck (b. 1499) to Eberhard II von Lenzburg (b. 1497). She will change her religion and convert to Catholicism if necessary, and Edmund Alwin offers the County of Walkenreid as a dowry. (Mod Response).
- Rajdom of Majapahit: Seven years after our river fleet building have came to an end, 100 standard junks with 500 Javanese war canoes ready to be deployed in our next conquest with Blambgan, the Raja Manputjiya II is now 48 years of age, he formally declares war against the sworn enemy of Majapahit Blambgan. After signing the treaty of Plambermgan 1,500 Isntingars are given to us by Ayutthaya promising them to hand the muskets back after our conquest, those muskets are effective in naval warfare especially in a thin place like rivers, where the enemy can't maneuver in the river giving the Isntingar gunner a chance to fire from a sizeable distance. Meanwhile, in the port of Kambang Putih, 40 standard junks carrying 200 soldiers each mounting up a total of 8,000 soldiers with axillary ships carrying 8,000 horses, those will land in the island of Madura, it is an island controlled by Blambgan and it is not hilly, meaning that our cavalry forces will be perfect to score a tactical victory and sack the region if any supply shortages occur and extract tribute from the region also. While Giam Hapkan will lead around 12,000 soldiers with cannons and seige wepons and plate armor to seige the Blambgan capital of Lumjang. [Algorithm needed, please]. Adji Supandi is now 22 years of age, the mighty admiral will lead his great river fleet of canoes numbered 300 with a Crue of 1,500 Isntingar gunners and rest of 2,000 matchlock gunners and 1,000 archers and 500 sowrds men mounting up a 5,000 men to lead an attack toward the small Blambgan River fleet in the river of Bengawan Solo to get a safe passage on the next conquest of Sidayu [Naval Algorithm, please] to finance the coasts of our military campaigns we encourage to issue more labors to work in our fertile rice farms in the mountains of Java and the deltas of rivers, with timor having the grain agriculture going on we support that so we can provide food to our population and soldiers who are deployed, wich they are around 25,000 soldiers in total deployed to the conquest, while trade flourishes with the Lotharingians and the Portuguese and the Spanish and the Abasids, this provides us with more purchased European goods like rum and textile and other European and Middle Eastern manufacturerd and non-manufacturerd goods, additional to the weponaries of the Europeans. To also provide more supplies to the Javanese troops that are seiging and fighting in Blambgan, large jugs of water are given to them made by mud, to show our poetry art, we also provide them with wepons and sowrds and bows and Trucas so they won't suffer any supply shortages on their behalf. The tribues and tax revenues are collected from our vassals and villages, the revenues are invested in the insfracture of Java, as we keep upgrading the insfracture of the rual and the urban areas located in Java. We also attempt to upgrade the insfracture in our vassals by their tax revenue.
- Mahayarda of Timor: trade flourishes with the Portuguese, agricultural sectors continue to produce grain to support the population, we thank Majapahit for the infrastucture improvements and upgrades from a portion of their tax revenues. The annual tribute is given additional to the portion of taxes
- Dai Viet: After Sdach Korn agrees to fake his retirement, he keeps the members of his clan in the court who acts as satellites that reports news to him. This is to deceive Ang Chan and lay the foundation of his coup in the future. He countinues his search of the Imperial Sword Preah Khan Reach as well as preparations. Meanwhile, the marriage between Ngoc Van and King Photisarath of Lan Xang to strengthen the relations between the two realms. To further increase friendly relations between Dai Viet and Ayutthaya, gifts of ceramics are sent to the court of Ayutthaya. (Siam Response). Cửu Trùng đài enters its seventh year of construction and the project now is forseen to be completed in a few years to come. Meanwhile, seeing the brilliance of Nguyen Binh Khiem, the Emperor promotes him to become the advisor of the court and earned the nickname among court officials as the "little Zhuge Liang".
- Ayutthaya Diplomacy: The gifts from Dai Viet are accepted with gifts of sappanwood, spices, and gold being sent back to Dai Viet.
- Empire of Japan: As the Ningbo incident reaches the ears of the Emperor he is absolutely horrified by what he is hearing. The two Daimyo of the Hosokawa and Tetsuko clans are noted to have been the involved parties in the incident are harshly punished for multiple reasons. #1 acting outside and in contrast with the Previous trade missions established via the Zaibatsu. #2 Inciting an altercation which caused great loss of life within Japans greatest trading partner, and #3 operating clearly outside of the laws of both Japan and Tian China. In an attempt to make things right the Emperor of Japan personally offers an indemnity to the Chinese government to help cover the costs of damage to the city and its infrastructure. This indemnity also happens to include a tribute of the known instigators of the event to the Tian Emperor with an attached correspondence saying "These trade representatives have worked and traded outside of the laws of both China and Japan. I Emperor Kenshiro offer you the money to rebuild Ningbo to its former glory and then some, as well as the perpetrators of this treasonous act to be tried and sentenced within the Chinese system of law. While acting as representatives of the Daimyo my vassals are also at fault here and they will be handed the ultimate punishment by Japanese Law on our end. As a result of this we also note the Pirate incursions and will work efficiently and cleanly alongside your naval forces to put these Wokou pirates down as quickly as we can. While the Ningbo incident is seen as an absolute tragedy and the potential of a trade fallout between Japan and China remains a moderate possibility in the long term it is hoped the attitude taken toward the situation can help alleviate concerns. While the fallout still makes itself Apparent the Imperial Navy is mobilized in a high form looking to take on the Wokou pirates head on. These pirates are seen as intruding on the trade routes that the Japanese Empire has protected and helped expand for decades are assaulted ruthlessly. These Wokou are notably different than the Wokou of previous eras. These men are a mix of Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, even Vietnamese and various Indonesian peoples. It is amazing that the crews can even competently operate. However, the Japanese fleet begins making moves to sweep this trash from the seas. No less than 30 engagements occur this year alone as the Imperial fleets are forced to split into smaller groups to tackle and engage the pirate ships and smaller and quicker pirate fleets. This, however, most notably sees the new Flagship of the Japanese navy, the Carrdjong named simply, the Kansai. The 86 gun ship is noted to be fast and maneuverable and its large gun complement gives them the firepower needed to fight quick and even long standing engagements. The Kansai, captained by Hayao Yamamoto the younger brother of Ebisu Yamamoto of the Arasakura expeditions, makes a serious impact on the early stages of the piracy campaign. The results of the Piracy campaign this year see Captain Hayao Yamamoto take de-facto command of the ships operating in the Yellow Sea distinguishing himself as solid naval commander with clear understandings of naval warfare. Being only 31 he is seen as insanely young for his age to be operating and commanding these ships with such ability. His actions also manage to sweep many of the Wokou from the Yellow Sea, Sea of Japan and cooperation with Chinese coastal navy ships helps secure the northen coast from the raid on this region. With this success its noted it may take no less than five years to fully remove the bulk of the Wokou threat from the coastal regions of East Asia, but their remnants will persist augmenting already existing pirates that currently operate on the seas surrounding these trade routes.
- Kingdom of Ayutthaya: Tabinschwenti and Bayyinaung are sent to study abroad in Japan this year due to unforeseen delays last year with a sizable retinue sent to escort them due to Tabinschwenti’s place as the heir to the Ayutthaya Kingdom. An envoy is dispatched to Sawlon of Mohnyin offering a defensive alliance between him and Ayutthaya due to their shared dislike of Ava. (Mod Response). Within Ayutthaya, the Krasuang Kalahom maintains the policy of fortifying Ayutthaya’s land fortifications having organized rotation schedules for the defenses to be manned by a portion of troops from multiple Capital Defense Corps garrisons with trainers from the Ayutthaya garrison to create a cohesiveness at each garrison due to the troops being from different cities. The development of Ayutthaya’s Berat and Panta is nearing completion according to the designers and builders with the first prototypes well under construction in shipyards handpicked to produce them under the veil of security and secrecy. Land development remains an utmost priority for Ayutthaya with engineers being assigned to help develop the irrigation in the newly cultivated areas alongside farmers who have moved into the regions.
- Mod Response: Sawlon of Mohnyin accepts the agreement, but stresses its defensive nature.
- Papal States: With the death of Pope Adrian VI his Fisherman's ring is destroyed by Cardinal-Secretary Grímur Svertingsonn. Before his death, Adrian VI gave his approval to the Society of Jesus and sent a letter asking them to come to Rome. [MOD response needed, please]. The pontiff also approved Thomas More's Responsio ad Jungum. With the papal approval for More's book, the Pontifical Roman Press start to publish several copies of it. These copies are spread across the Papal States and sent to other Catholic nations. After a mass is celebrated for his soul, the deceased pontiff is buried in the Basilica of Our Lady of Victory, due to the Basilica of Saint Peter is being rebuild. Federico Habsburg Della Rovere marries with Vittoria Colonna, while his sister Maria Giovanna is offered in marriage to the Marquis of Montferrat. [MOD response needed, please]. Carlos Habsburg Della Rovere writes to English nobles seeking marriage his children: Philip, Yolande, Joanna, Maria and Carlos. [England response needed, please]. Barbara Habsburg Della Rovere marries with Pirro Colonna. After having read Responsio ad Jungum, Magdalena Habsburg Della Rovere, daughter of Ferdinand Habsburg Della Rovere, becomes impressed with the spirit of the Counter-Reformation. She, her sister Margaret and six other young women start to meet to pray the Rosary, to go the mass together and to do acts of charity to help the poor.
- Mod Response:The Society of Jesus agrees to come to Rome.
- England response: Anne Beaufort (b. 1501), sister of Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Lancaster, is offered as a wife for Philip (b. 1486). Edmund Grey, 4th Earl of Kent (b. 1499) is suggested as a groom for Joanna (b. 1494). Edward of York (b. 1505), son of Henry of York, Duke of Clarence, is suggested as a groom for Maria (b. 1497).
- Mali Empire: Unbeknownst to both the Mansa and the Gbara, one of the greatest crises of the empire since the Treaty of Kano was soon on the horizon that would threaten the peace of the empire once again, taking the ruling parties of government completely by surprise. Since the martyrdom of Antouman, the Holy Office of the Morikanda instituted a kind of "inquisition" against the Taymiyyah sect. However, paranoia of another Songhai uprising had the upper hand, resulting in a widespread persecution against the Sunnis of the eastern territories of the empire altogether. In one instance, a child named Rahi was found dead near an oasis north of Agadez, and this death was connected back to the actions of the Taymiyyahs of the region. As a result, the Kazir Mandlafi Ndour ordered a complete massacre of the Sunnis in the city, although he was explicitly ordered against it from the Caliph. According to some sources, this slaughter killed as much as 50,000 people, but the actual figure was probably closer to 15,000. In the western territories, however, prosperity and modernization showed a stark contrast against the situation of the east. The treaty with Lotharignia in Dakar is accepted, and Abd Al-Muttalib Jannah sends a second expedition of 900 Malian and Fulani personnel to land at the newly-discovered continent of Meridia. Jannah and the Emir of Jolof worked directly in conjunction with the Franconian trading company, the KWAC, whose support was indispensable in ensuring their colony was successful. Jannah's biography, written many decades later, described this relationship as mutually respectful, although there were a few notable incidents highlighting the cultural clash between the Belgic and Manding people. After one month, they arrived at the closest point of the New World to Africa, at the OTL city of Recife, which Jannah named "Jearda" ("New Land"). In accordance with the Treaty of Dakar, administration of the city is jointly given to the Lotharingian trading company, with full economic control under their supervision. However, two months after arriving Jannah immediately approached the chiefs of the Caeta tribes, sending a small expedition of 13 people to ask for their alliance in exchange for cooperation and tribute given to the Mali Empire. (Mod RESPONSE). Of the 900 individuals from Mali arriving in Merindia, most of them express the desire to not remain permanently, and instead outsource some of their responsibilities to members of KWAC. Meanwhile, other people in the western territories of the empire have adopted the European sport of "football" which have become increasingly popular across the Atlantic coast as far as the Sahwari Sadiyanate. One man named Khalil Yorobanda is greatly vested in this competition, and decides to travel to Europe in order to participate in the Kingdom of Switzerland Competition, where he was accompanied by his sister Maha and the philosopher Yahya Mamamoo. Although very enthusiastic about the sport, Khalil himself was very new to the concepts of the game in general, besides that the rules were significant different between Africa and Europe. On the way to Switzerland, he arrived first in Rabat in Morocco, then crossed over to Abyla in Spain before traveling across the Mediterranean through Sardinia and Corsica, finally landing in Genoa. He crossed over from Genoa through Montferrat and Savoy before moving into Switzerland. All across this journey, he would stop by bars and taverns frequently to socialize with local people, constantly asking about the game and offering to hire people into his team. By the time he reached Switzerland, Khalil's team consisted of a hodge-podge of vagabonds, freelancers and mercenaries, but Khalil's free spirit and sense of adventure loved them all equally. Contrary to methods used by other teams that attempted to fight against Uster, the philosopher Mamamoo insisted that Khalil should strictly adhere to the rules of the game, because a win by any underhanded means is not a win at all. Complying to the letter of this wisdom, Khalil dedicated all his free time to studying the rules of the game backward and forward, spending night and day in the local library and having long discussions with referees. While whipping up his ragtag team into a fighting shape for the coming match, Khalil equally spent time examining every possible contingency and loophole in the rules, determining exactly what exploits or tactics could be used that are technically still within the rules. While this was going on, Khalil also was not sure if the other team might be cheating, themselves. So his sister, Maha, offered herself as a concubine to one of the members of the Uster team, to act as their agent in determining the team's secrets from the inside.
- Mod Response:The tribe meets with the Malian representatives peacefully but declines the offer to become tributary.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The building for the House of Barons is finished this year looking all mighty and strongly built. The King continues the construction of a huge castle named Dracula in the capital. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. The King makes a speech in the town square to discuss the minor brawls between the Jungist and the Catholic people. He said in this speech that anyone that starts another brawl or skirmish will be tried in court for starting a religous war and then will be put in jail. The king is adamant about stopping these silly fights between his people of the nation and wants everyone to live happily. For now on the borders will be monitered more heavily on the Bohemia and Austria side.
- Banate of Bosnia: Within this territory everything is doing fine. We feed off Hungary itself by prospering with trade and the economy. Our industries are doing what we can to help Hungary out.
- Banate of Severin: The territory experiences prosperity from Hungary. Trade is going well and the economy is as well. Other sectors of the nation also do well helping Hungary out.
- 'Tsardom of Russia: Kniaz Konstantin Rurikovich (1503) and Elene of Georgia (1506) are wedded in KIev by Patriarch Boris Gagarin in a great ceremony held in the Cathedral of Kiev do to the city of Novgorod still being under repair and out of respect for the fact that the bride and her family may not be used to the climate of the Northern Rus, Dimitry himself remembering the bitter winters of the civil war. In exchange for this gesture on the side of Boris, Tsar Dimitry the Peaceful makes his nephew Vadim Gagarin a member of the household guard as Vadim has been a constant embarassment to the Patriarch and his family for quite some time do to his indescreations. Konstantin and Vadim become friends in the aftermath of the ceremony bonding over the domineering older generations of their family. 'Konstantin is also taking with his new bride whose exotic look and origins intrigues and captures him, giving hope to Dimitry that his son will be reigned in. Dimitry himself is softens a little in his own demineer finally starting to setttle into his role as ruler, and also happy to have a chance to raise a son himself and to finally share his realm with the Tsarina Sophia whose company and intellect Dimitry remembers fondly from his days in constantinople. However, at a family gathering in which Nikolay and a few others of the his old war comrades ends in a heated argument between Dimitry and Konstantin after one of Dimitry's Varyag lets slip that Dimitry during his time in Moscow bedded a yound Boyar's daughter there and that word was that she had sired Dimitry's two children. Nikolay quickly escorts the varyag in question out of the presence of the royal family as the young Kniaz defiantly yells at his father who in a terrifying rage slams the table demanding his son's silence. Nikolay upon his return descreetly starts ushering all those present outside the immediate family to continue the festivities elsewhere with plenty of alcohol to ensure no one can recall on the events of the night. The Tsarina looks disappointedly at both men and quietly leaves the room. Following this incident, the Tsarina eventually allows Dimitry back into her bed chambers. However, there is a change in the tone of their relationship and in the demenour of Dimitry II himself he begins to attend church more frequently and presents an overall more humble approach to his family though his stern nature remains resolute as the years of brutal fighting and warlust had hardened the man himself. Despite the troubles in his own household Dimitry continues his duties as soviergn with vigor though he he begins delegating a great deal of tasks to the growing number of diaks (clerks) being trained and employed by Nikolay to carry out the will of the Tsar, many of whom are members of the clergy and citizenry of Novgorod who make up the most literate of Dimitry's subjects. Though compulsory eudcation for the Boyar children under the auspices of the church are enforced as new schools attached to churches are built. Reconstruction of the Moscow fotress and city continues improving them with walls and designs on a slope based on the Greek Nastion designs. Dimitry's Palace in Kiev continues to be constructed along the Dnieper river in the north of the city. Construction of the new port of Neva continues with the harbour being completed and a the German quarters being established next to a trading post. Fur trappers continue to push into the Russian hinterlands aggressively setting up outposts in the lands of the Koni and other Uralic tribes that the House of Rurik has agreements with to allow for settlement pushing into the region. Kniaz Oleg despite his bowing to Dimitry continues to harbour resentments over the Novgorod Republic as well as the dream of unifying all the Rus' under his banner once more attempts gather support for the republican cause. While he is successful in mustering his old die hard republican allies most of the Novgorod Veche and indeed much of the Rus' Duma have moved passed the desire to continue fighting and while many of the former republicans still harbour some resentment toward the House of Rurik many now look toward rebuilding and still remember how Dimitry instead of letting the city get sacked remembering well what his men did at Kazan instead he welcomed them into his fold and his act of differal to them earning their respect. Word of Kniaz Olegand the hardline republicans attempting to aggitate reaches Dimitry who decides to see how things play out despite Nikolay's advice to have him silenced. Nikolay decides to not move without DImitry's approval noticing the change in his liege's demeanor. Nikolay and Konstantin continue to grow their intellectual circles in Kiev and they continue to translate Greek literature into Russian as well as German and Italian works, while transating Russian literature into Greek. Dimitry for his part begins inviting painters, inventors and scholars from around Europe to come to his court in Kiev. (mod response). Settlement into the recently acquired territories continues, while the rebuilding in Russia Proper is well under way with new communities and farm estates popping up and new farming techniques brought in by the Germans and Greeks settling spread such as the usage of seed drills. Husbandry also begins to pick up as horses imported from Anatolia, Hungary, Spain, and the HRE are bred with local Russian horses and the horses of the Steppes. A lot of sheep and cattle are also imported and distributed amongst the free holder estates or sold to the Boyar and Bugher estates.
- Many of these intellectuals agree to join the Russian court in return for patronage. -Feud.
- Kazan: Volkhov contuines encouraging Cossack settlers to push out into the lands surrounding Kazan building up defensive settlements for them to manage their new land from. Fur trading is encouraged through a protected market and outposts established up and down the river to allow trappers to purchase suppliers. Outlying defences in the form of multiple smaller forts outside of cannon range are constructed around the Kazan Kremlin to protect the central Kazan Kremlin from attack start construction.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": In Lotharingia with the triumvirate in power for three years stability and trust in the Senatus Regus Lotharii grows. The Senate even renaming itself officialy after a proclamation at the Saint Rombolds Cathedral, where they declare their authority under God Restored. Nicolaas Everaerts proclaiming that the unjust actions and dismissal of the senate have been undone and that the Triumvirate will restore the power of the people and their rights. The Senate ending their current session on that, and on the next day 16 hours later they problaim a new session opened. This new session also giving the giving of a new name in accordance with the change in culture and power that it has been granted, This name being "Groot Belgische Raad". The new name reflecting the new earth of Lotharingian politics where the kings power and lineage is less important then it was before. Lotharingia also increasingly become even more and more mercantile, this especialy true amongst Coastal Gewesten, Feudaliteiten and Generaal-admiraliteiten. As Regions such as Verdun, Luxembourg and the Moselle are less connected to the sea and her trade, the land being more connected with the Elaß mountains. The new Groot Belgische Raad wanting to ease relations with the empire and her members wanting improve relations with her neighbourgs and improve the Lotharingian law to aid the growing trade. One of the companies affected by the news is the Vrye Indië Vennootschap which officialy renames to Vrye Oostindië compagnie, as to show their free status. The Difference between free and Royal Companies being that free companies do not have to represent themselves with the king and the new Groot Belgische Raad, while free are able to do what they desire. Both being allowed to do privateering against nations Lotharingia is at war with, and both able to enjoy protection within Lotharingian borders. One of the companies being the KWAC which has made an agreement with the Manden Karufuba. This Agreement being seen as a possibility to rival the RHC and prevent them to go south Mela. The RHC exploration at the Herdersvlaktes continuing even if the men wait to stop for a year as to get more suplies, the men doing this at the new small colony of Bergen. The man waiting a bit as suplies have running a bit low the Veroveraars paying Charrúa mone for food, the veroveraars also offering money and an alliance to the Charrúa (Mod response).
- Mod response: The Charrúa people accept.
- Celtic Confederacy: With the Portuguese declaration of war on the perfidious French, we join our Fleets together, for a combined total of 550 Ships, (400 Portuguese and 150 Celts), commanded by the Portuguese admiral Afonso De Albuquerque. We then begin roaving around and attacking isolated French Forces on the high seas in naval raids, luring French naval forces out into the English Channel before attacking them with the current to the back of us, with them having been lured far from their coast into the open sea and unable to be supplied. (NAVAL ALGORITHM NEEDED). Meanwhile, in the Confederacy itself, persecution of any and all heretics continues, in both Ireland and Scotland, although the decentralized nature of this continued as Ireland and Scotland are under separate but cooperating Inquisitorial authorities cooperating with each other.
- I'll do this one in the morning. -Feud.
- Vinland: The population reaches 8,700 roughly, though losses occur due to the ongoing war with France. Eric Kuis rejects the ludicrous peace Treaty from France. We appreciate the help of the Celtic and Portuguese. Eric Kuis looks forward to the destruction of the French fleet. Eric Kuis and his family relocate to Hallberg.
- Kingdom of England: King Edward VIII of England arrives back in London with the remnants of his army. The fact that he led a large number of loyal Yorkist soldiers to their deaths at the battles of Salisbury, Dorchester and Southampton without making any significant progress toward his stated goal of reconquering Cornwall has given him a negative reputation amongst the Yorkist nobility and the English Parliament, while the economic impact of his warfare has caused some popular unrest in London. When King Edward VIII goes to the Palace of Westminster to try and get more Yorkist soldiers gathered for another attack on Cornwall, an argument ensues between the King and his brother Richard of Gloucester, Earl of Cambridge, wherein the King's brother denounces him as an incompetent madman not fit to be King. The argument turns into a physical altercation also involving several guards employed by each noble, and King Edward VIII (1491-1523) ends up being stabbed to death. The fight is witnessed by Edward and Richard's brother George of Gloucester, Earl of Rutland and several parliamentarians. Because King Edward VIII had no surviving children, his brother Richard who was involved in his death is the heir from his line. Because many parliamentarians and lower nobles are pleased to be rid of the unstable Edward VIII, the English Parliament approves his brother's succession, and he is crowned as King Richard IV of England (b. 1494). The Earl of Rutland, brother of Edward VIII and Richard IV and the latter's heir presumptive, declares his disgust at the circumstances of the death of Edward VIII but does not officially dispute King Richard IV's coronation; instead, he withdraws from the royal court in London and holes up in Oakham Castle, his fief as Earl of Rutland. While a majority of the Yorkist lower nobles and parliamentarians are pleased that Edward VIII has been replaced by a ruler perceived as more sane and reliable, but the effective coup d'état orchestrated by King Richard IV alienates a significant fraction of them. Given George of Gloucester's departure from London, almost a self-imposed exile, most of those Yorkist nobles displeased by King Richard IV's ascension instead switch to support Edward VII of York to be restored to the throne. These circumstances create more popular unrest and even small revolts in London; to deal with these, King Richard IV orders a lot of Yorkist soldiers from the countryside to London, including most of the levy of Henry Percy, 5th Earl of Northumberland, one of the Yorkist nobles who remains the most loyal to him. These orders also pull to London a significant fraction of the battalion Thomas Howard the Younger (Earl of Surrey by courtesy) was commanding in Hertford after capturing the city from Edward VII-loyal forces. Because of this, the Earl of Surrey decides to abandon his occupation of Hertford and instead returns to Norwich, where his elderly father Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk has fallen ill. This in turn has the effect of lessening the pressure on Edward VII's faction in St. Albans. Once they receive the news of King Edward VIII's violent death and his brother's coronation, Edward VII and his brother Henry of York, Duke of Clarence also ramp up their propaganda operations, casting Richard IV as a violent, unrighteous usurper - not unlike what his father King Richard III was accused of, but in Richard IV's case the evidence of his crimes is more obvious to the public. Edward VII and the Duke of Clarence's younger brother Thomas of York, Earl of Hereford writes a poem entitled "Hail to the Thief" also on the topic of Richard IV's violent ascension to the throne. His poem is put to music by some hymnodists from Oxfordshire and then also spread as pro-Edward VII propaganda. The efforts of Edward VII's faction have their intended effect in that they result in a further increase in unrest amongst the citizenry in London. Meanwhile, after their strategic victory over Edward VIII's army at the battle of Southampton, the Lancastrian army led by Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset; John de Vere the not-Earl; and John Bourchier, 11th Baron FitzWarin remains there for several months to regroup and resupply. They also employ the Dorset-based mercenary company of Marcantonio I Colonna as a replenishment of their numbers. Late in the year, they march east and capture the city of Portsmouth with relatively little resistance due to King Richard IV having withdrawn some of the garrison troops to put down revolts in London. The capture of Portsmouth is strategically important for the Lancastrians because of its port; particularly, the Lancastrians now control both of England's operational dry docks, in Bristol and Portsmouth, enabling them to improve their navy more efficiently while the Yorkist navy is left with fewer resources. After establishing control over Portsmouth, Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset, the main Lancastrian claimant to the throne, decides to improve the resources of his faction by trying to arrange some marriages between Lancastrians and (Catholic) European nobles. In particular, he offers his own daughter Blanche (b. 1507) as a bride for Duke Aymon II of Savoy's son Edward II (b. 1500), and he offers Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset's daughter Henrietta (b. 1502) as a bride for Eberhard II von Lenzburg (b. 1497), nephew of Ulrich VIII, Duke in Exile (in Rome) of Lenzburg. (Mod response) Other Lancastrian leaders continue building up their militaries in defensive positions: Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick and the diplomat Thomas Boleyn in Oxford and John de la Pole, 3rd Duke of Suffolk and John Tuchet, 2nd Earl of Essex in Ipswich. As Marcantonio I Colonna becomes employed by the Lancastrians, his son Thomas (Tommaso) Colonna (b. 1502) marries Anne Courtenay (b. 1503), sister of Philip Courtenay, 3rd Earl of Bristol. Bridget Grey and Francis Talbot, 5th Earl of Shrewsbury have their second child, a daughter named Beatrice (b. 1523); and Joan Courtenay and John Bourchier the Younger have their third child, a son named Philip (b. 1523). In Rome, Sabina von Lenzburg (1475-1523), an unmarried sister of Ulrich VIII, Duke in Exile of Lenzburg and a distant relative of the Plantagenets, dies of a disease, and in the same city another distant relative, the elderly Margaret of Habsburg (1447-1523) dies of natural causes.
- Kingdom of France: Quarantine procedures are put in place to limit the spread of the bubonic plague from the Spanish border/southern France, with that area being contained and treated appropriately. The army in Vinland continues to fortify key fortresses on the island, while pillaging and raiding across OTL Newfoundland and seizing all supplies and food from the locals, with the native population being thoroughly wiped out in accordance with the treaty of St. Pierre; all those who resist the peace option are therefore treated as outlaws and to be destroyed until a surrender is given by them. Vinland is blockaded, and the French fleet is dispatched in part to Vinland to join this embargo, with the ships sinking or capturing all ships who attempt to enter Vinland, with these supplies being confiscated. And also, many reinforcements are sent to Vinland and join the army there, which is creating defensive positions and thoroughly fortifying its position. France having previously made contact and traded with the tribes of the mainland, the army also trades with these natives for further supplies and even incites the natives, who have long been oppressed by or attacked by the Vinlanders, to join the war and support the French. It is noticed that a year after the war had already began, the Celtic conglomerate had signed a treaty establishing Vinland as a protectorate (it seems) of them, which the French object to.
- The Spanish Empire: Magellan Returns! After a very long journey across the Pacific Ocean after passing the Strait of Magellan, the great Captain arrives back in Sevilla after passing by the island archipelago of the Phillipines, Northern East Indies, Southeast Asia and China before rounding Bienvenida and arriving back to the fatherland. Captain Julio Xavier de Syracuse sets sail to Elvina der Sul (Southern Spanish New World) and sails up the uncharted river by OTL Argentina. He names a camp during his expedition called Ciudad de Nuestra Señora Santa María del Buen Ayre (OTL Buenos Aires). While sailing up and studying the river, he would encounter natives and wish to ally with the Chaná Tribe which lies right across the river hoping to find allies to perhaps increase the longevity of the settlement. (Mod Response). The river is named La Rio de La Plata, believing that a silver mountain may lie north up the river's mouth. Several branches of the river are also named. Meanwhile, Giorno Giovanna joins his majesties army with a support unit of 150 arquebusiers and a company of 400 cavalrymen and 300 footmen 100 archers and crossbowmen evenly and 50 cannonmen with 20 cannons total. This offers her majesty Princess Cynthia, an aspiring Warrior Conquistadora on the battlefield with the men of the Spanish Crown a boost of not only morale but with the arrival of the experienced commander Giovanna, an oppurtunity for her and her allies to march on the Huastecs at Zempoala and secure his majesties colonial settlement at Veracruz. The amassed force of 4,000 properly supported and army-led commanders alongside 10,000 Native Allies march out to attack the Huastecs at Zempoala and on arrival, would immediately ready the cannons. His majesties footmen with pikes, sword, and gun rush to crush forces with the two dozen cannons present and supplied by the West Indian Fleet ordered to fire. The Calrymen would in an unpresedented move against rhe natives flank them from the sides as the Native allies would quickly move to envelope the Huastec Armies by rendezvousing the interior forces of the opposing armies through the path created by the natives cut down. This is to be done to then proceed on a march to a place known as El Tajin, a holy site with greater wealth. (Algo Request). Zempoala would be sacked if the battle proceeds in Cynthia's favor. Natives would freely be allowed to be taken unless deemed otherwise as spoils of war for the allies. Seeing a naval war spark in the Bay of Biscay and near Spanish Waters, King Elvin in his palace near Santander at Polanco is able to just in the distance see engagements firsthand. Danielo Cruz attends the Academy of Fine Arts as a Jesuit Scholar. He begins to make paintings representing strife within the church with the rise of protestants but wishes to offer hope through his paintings. Dante Gonzalez de Española founds a settlement named Mau in Northern Santo Domingo. The encomienda system that had been in place for those that reject Hispanization bring about labor to clear the land and invest in farming with Sheep, Cattle, and Pigs. The land is good and God will provide. The first church is established in Mau where it attracts new colonial villagers.
Sultan Babur al-Mo'h begins his extensive military campaign in Safavid Persia, taking advantage of their weakened state to conquer their eastern provinces up to the Ghaffarid Sultanate of Baloch.
In Ayutthaya, civil unrest by the Muslim population disrupts trade through the Strait of Malacca, with the Johor and Perak Sultanate being established along the strait in defiance of Ayutthayan hegemony.
As a result of the invasion of Vinland and the escalating plague ravaging Occitania, The French economy begins to spiral downward. Having not expected to get into a larger conflict, the French nobility is wary of waging an expensive war abroad so soon after a civil conflict
Based on the results of the papal conclave, Thomas Cajetan is elected Pope. He takes the papal name Lucius IV in honour of Pope Lucius III, who laid the foundations for the original 13th-century Inquisition.
In Hungary, the punishing of Catholics for their fights against what they perceive as heretics has led to growing discontent among the majority Catholic nobility and population with their demands increasing to that of the evicting Jungist.
The peasant uprisings in Sweden manage to capture the regions of Småland and Dalarna. In addition to tensions over the adoption of Jungism in the previous decade, the peasants oppose the confiscation of property and the implementation of higher taxes, which were done to help refurbish the nation and pay for Sweden's military involvement in Denmark. The uprising gains the support of Catholic clergy and an artisan turned general named Gustav Karlsson, who manages to defeat Jungist leader Nils Stenbock and mercenary forces from Duke Edmund von Jenagotha of Lolland. Karlsson marches on Stockholm, intending to overthrow the current government.
A preacher in Innsbruck named Kurt Kafka publishes Institutio Christianae Religionis, an apologia of his faith and on the doctrinal positions of the reformation. However, his work differs greatly from that of even the Jungists, with differing opinions on predestination, real presence of Christ in the Eucharist, theories of worship, and the use of God's law for believers.
- Kingdom of Ayutthaya: Census= 4.8 million approx., Levy = 48,000, Deployed = 30,000With the independence of Johor and Perak along the Straits of Malacca, their actions are perceived as open rebellion against Ayutthaya itself. The Ayutthayan Navy is given immediate orders to blockade the regions in open revolt with Nattanai Chaiprasit being directed to lead the armies against the Muslim states marching south with an army comprised of 30,000 men of which 8,000 are troops in the Capital Defense Corps to subdue both Perak and Johor. The first target would be the town of Taiping with a light detachment of troops being ordered to pull mortars up into the neighboring hill and rain fire down on the town when the first assault begins with the bulk of the army approaching from the west of the town. The first assault is to be comprised of cannon batteries and arquebuses to lower enemy morale with the army than assaulting the town from multiple points simultaneously with a portion of the troops withdrawing when the enemy resistance proves to stiff and attacking at a later time with other fresh troops until the enemy is worn out entirely(Algo Needed).
- Saxony: Edmund Alwin decodes to send a number of troops to aid the Jungists in Sweden, under the command of the Duke of Lolland. Meanwhile, a musician, singer and composer named Wilhelm Jekyll, writes a song called Ich bin in einem Wittenberger Geisteszustand, which becomes extremely popular throughout Germany. He becomes the first person to be known as an Übernacht Sensation, and becomes hugely popular. He writes a few other songs, such as Sie ist immer eine Frau für mich and embarks on a tour of Germany and the Holy Roman Empire. Meanwhile, the huge bones discovered in saxony last year have been analysed by Wittenberg University, and after piecing together several of the bones, the university lecturers and professors conclude that these bones belonged to a creature of gigantic size, a riesigestier. and this beast is classified as and given the name "Tollerzahn", meaning "tooth dragon". Many biologers are sceptical of this creature, with various churchmen remarking that the creature may or must have been wiped out in the flood. Following the end of the Thuringian War of Succession, Saxony loses some land that they gained, but retains the reduced Duchy of Saxe-Ringia that was created last year, and the title Count of Wechelsburg is also created for Roger von Jenagotha. Gustav Jung, who disappeared several years ago, is officially declared dead, and his son Lael Jung becomes the new Bishop of Saxony. However, Gustav Jung turns up alive, unexpectedly later in the year. He is reinstated as Bishop, with his son Lael remaining as co-Bishop.
- Kingdom of Iceland: King Henry has his first son which he names Henry who is made Duke of Greenland. The king offers 2,000 men to fight for Vinland along with Domnhallogy studies and Icelandic literature. (Vinlandic Response).
- Vinlandic Dip: We accept the 2,000 troops and books.
- Mali Empire: After securing alliances with the native tribes of Caetes and Charrua, the navigator Abd Al-Muttalib takes this as opportunity for expanding the Malian settlements in the region. Of the original 900 Africans that came with Jannah last year to Jearda, about 500 returned to Mali upon the following Spring, having completed their contract to construct the initial homes and infrastructure for the KWAC. Thus, in order to compensate for dwindling manpower, Jannah sent word back to Africa to recruit more part-time and year-round laborers for the new settlement. These new sponsors mostly comes from the Babani people of the Sadiyanate, who have large investiments in their Atlantic trade already. The KWAC-controlled city of Jearda is used as a major supply depot in the region, ensuring that Mali can safely trasport all it needs across the Atlantic Ocean without suffering attrition of native flora or fauna. He takes his expedition of 400 more people and travels north along the coast, about 80 km away from Jearda where he establishes a new city. Having made contact with the existing Caetes of the region, Jannah offers to purchase land from them in this region in exchange for Mali's greatest treasures: bags of salt and sets of ornate copper rings, in order to expand the city. (Mod RESPONSE). The Babani settlers in the region, after their own heritage and the memory of Hendrickus Pisacus, calls their new land Kabina. Back in Africa, there continues to be increased tensions on both halfs of the empire as suppressed issues of the last century have slowly piled up. In the west, the coastal states of Jolof, Sahwari, and Waalo have now heavily invested into the prospect of western expansion, hoping to use the new settlements as a jumping off point to reach India. However, the cost of maintaining these settlements without much promise of profit is becoming an increasing concern, unless tribute can be exacted from the natives or some similar resource is collected, the fledgling colonies in Meridia are in danger. Knowing of this issue, Jannah proceeds to buy 200 slaves from Waalo while he is recruiting free workers this year, and establishes a plantation for Malian rice in the new city of Kabina. Another possibility, proposed by the Jolof Emir's nephew, would be to go to war against their old rival Portugal. This proposal is immediately hushed by the others, and considered a shameful conjecture, as Africa for many years have remained at peace with Europe and would not want to risk war against a potentially more powerful nation. In the east, the actions of Mandlafi Ndour have caused further discontent across the Sunni regions of the empire. Ndour himself is immediately imprisoned by order of Mustafa, but the affects of his action on Agadez is already out of hand. Widespread unrest among the Sunni population, both Taymiyyah and Manafi, continues across the eastern vassals. At the same time, revenge attacks from Yunni populations also becomes more common. Mustafa decides to expand the powers of the Morikanda, to help seize control over this situation before it gets further out of control. Meanwhile, in Uster Khalil is beside himself after having taking a defeat from the unbeatable football team in Switzerland. The philosopher Mamamoo comforts him at this time, saying that it is much better than he expected, seeing as they scored one goal. Over the next two weeks, Khalil and his team enters a montage of training and fitness under his iron hand, while an inspiring piece of brass music inexplicably rises in the air. Khalil himself, a slave to duty an honor, is still committed to winning the game fairly. Mamamoo goes on a tourist streak himself, buying Uster-related merchandise such as shoes and bobble heads. Meanwhile, Maha is aroused by curiosity at the words of her lover, and wishes to make an experiment to see what the secret of the team of Uster might actually be. So sneaking into the changing room of the team at night, Maha takes the shoe replicas bought by Mamamoo and switches them for a pair of shoes from one of the team members. She takes the shoes back to Khalil's camp, and surreptitiously plants them in place for the shoes of Arnold, the shortest and most timid member of Khalil's team.
- Papal States: With the end of the Conclave, Cardinal Thomas Cajetan is elected pope with the name Lucius IV. With a new pontiff, come changes in the Curia. Cardinal Arsaell Esturlungio becomes the new Cardinal-Secretary, Cardinal Pietro Accolti continues as General Comissary of the Church, Cardinal Jean Ferrier II continues as the head of the Association for the Propagation of the Faith, Cardinal Thomas Wolsey becomes the new head of the Pontifical Roman Press, Cardinal Alonso III Fonseca becomes the new head of the Institute for Works of Charity, Cardinal Pompeo Colonna becomes the prefect of the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition, Cardinal Francesco Eroli is the new Dean of the College of Cardinals and Cardinal Cristoforo Spiriti becomes the new Chancellor of the Holy Roman Church. Like his antecessor, Pope Lucius IV continues with the Counter-Reformation and works for the implementation of the decisions of the Council of Trent. Due to the popularity and importance of the book Responsio ad Jungum, the pope give to Sir Thomas More the title of Defensor Ecclesiae (Defender of the Church). This book continues to be published by the Pontifical Roman Press and spread for all Catholic nations. The pontiff welcomes the Society of Jesus in Rome. Johann Maier von Eck and his fellow Jesuits professed vows of poverty, chastity and obedience to the Pope in matters of mission direction and assignment. They are ordained in the Basilica of Saint John Lateran by Lucius IV. Johann Eck commissions the construction of a church to be the mother Church of the Society of Jesus. The church will be named Church of the Most Holy Name of Jesus and will be build using the decisions about art established in the Council of Trent. The Jesuits travel across Italy preaching and doing charitable work with new members joining the order. The construction of the Gregorian tower for studies of astronomy is finished this year, while the Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuilt using the project made by Domenico Bramante. The project was influenced by the decisions about art established in the Council of Trent. The artistic works made by Michelangelo in the Apostolic Palace and in the Gregorian Chapel are also influenced by the Council’s decision that art must inspire piety. The offers of marriage from England are accepted by the Habsburg Della Rovere Family. In Rome, Eberhard II von Lenzburg accepts the marriage offer from the English diplomats. Francesco Habsburg Della Rovere writes to Montferrat offering his daughter Maria Giovanna in marriage to John of Montferrat. [MOD response needed, please]. Ferdinand Habsburg Della Rovere writes Guillermo offering the hand of his daughter Anne to him. [Spain response needed, please]. He also writes to the Boleyn Family asking if they have suitors for his daughter Helena and his son Maximilian. [England response needed, please]. Magdalena Habsburg Della Rovere, his sister Margaret and their six friends continue with their life of piety and charity. One day, they listen to a Jesuit preaching in the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano and become inspired to from their own congregation. The group meets with the co-founder of the Society of Jesus, Johann von Eck, and under his guidance the women decide to form the Order of the Servants of Jesus that adopts the same vows and rule of the Jesuits. With the help of the Jesuits, Magdalena and Margaret present their plans to Pope Lucius IV that gives his approval. The Servants of Jesus establish themselves in a villa donated by Ferdinand Habsburg Della Rovere, Magdalena and Margaret’s father, in Monte San Giovanni Campano to become their convent. The Servants of Jesus joins the Jesuits in preaching and doing charitable works. This year the Holy Father creates as cardinals Mousa Saade el-Akari (Maronite Patriarch), Declan Mac Eochagáin (Irish member of the Hospitaller Order), Róbert Sturlungur (Iceland) and Benedetto Accolti (Papal States).
- Republic of Ancona: The election of Pope Lucius IV is celebrated by the people of Ancona. The Jesuits visit the Republic and start to preach there. The Elders of Ancona approves the production of new ships for the navy.
- England Diplomacy: Thomas Boleyn offers his daughter Mary (b. ~1499) as a bride for Maximilian (b. 1497) and his son George (b. ~1504) as a groom for Helena (b. 1508).
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. The military starts to get ready by training and increasing the troop count for the future. With the nobility now angry at the governemnt for trialing both Catholics and Jungist people for the small skirmishes it is now stopped. All Jungist people who arent jailed are given a package of food and some weapons then sent to Russia.
- Banate of Bosnia: Within this territory everything is doing fine. We feed off Hungary itself by prospering with trade and the economy. Our industries are doing what we can to help Hungary out.
- Banate of Severin: The territory experiences prosperity from Hungary. Trade is going well and the economy is as well. Other sectors of the nation also do well helping Hungary out.
- Rajdom of Majapahit: Since the Ayutthaya accepted Dai Viet's gift and returned it with valuable items, the Raja sees this as a sign of respect between the two empires, and a sign of them being eager to improve their relationships after the wars they had against each other. The Raja says "I've been looking forward for this, they have finnaly decided to leave their problems behind and start a new page" he also says "I should do the same" the Raja orders to issue a gift to Ayutthayan Rama, five colored parrots, ten Guinea fowls, one peacock and five red parrots from the finest kind of birds will be brought and putt in cages, the gift of the finest beautiful birds in their multi color, and their shape, those will be shipped to Ayutthaya, with an envoy that has a message to issue to the respected honcho: "the Raja have gave you this gift of finest kind of parrots and fowls and peacocks to be put in our garden, this great animal gift comes with an interest of improving our relations, as we saw your tolerance and acceptance of the Vietnamese gift, as this colorfull gift was sent to you, it is accompanied with an offer to improve our relationships as kingdoms" the gift will also be carried with a luxurious collection of 20 golden bracelets pinned with emerald. (Ayutthayan response).
- Ayutthayan Diplomacy:The gifts from Majapahit are graciously accepted with a custom-made engraved istinggar commissioned by the Rama to be given as a gift to the ruler of Majapahit along with sappanwood and gold.
- Kingdom of Portugal: After having landed in Vinland, the king is quick to delegate orders to the 2,000 troops he brought with him. During a minor skirmish with French forces, the king is shot in the chest but makes a full recovery. Meanwhile, in Zanzibar, work on the first church is commencing with plantations being designed to make the Zanzibar economy get growing again after the war. In response to the Malian colony in Meridia, the king says "O rei sempre defenderá nações cristãs e não permitirá que nenhum muçulmano colonize". In Gordes, preparations for a possible siege take place with the main gates being closed.
- Kingdom of Bohemia: In the spring of 1523 the war in Bayreuth seemingly came to an end when Robert met an untimely end from disease. With neither of Robert’s sons old enough to rule, nor were John I’s, John Hawkwood’s brother Lionel declared himself Count of Bayreuth and ruled for several months, but this only exacerbated conflict with Hugh, who supported a rival, German claimant in George I, Prince of Ansbach, who had married the widowed wife of Robert, and whose daughter Margaret had been married to Hugh since 1503. From Bohemia, soldiers and funds would be sent to aid the Kingdom of France, while the forces from the Hansa would be used in continuing involvement in the previous war. With help from the Hanseatic League, the Emperor would achieve victory at the Battle of Kulmbach, which saw Bayreuth pacified to Bohemia, and a temporary peace being enforced. Following the death of the Thin White Duke, the Wolfenbund had been fractured in a way conductive to the Emperor’s goals, and he found himself allying with a Jungist through Edmund Alwin of Saxony, in order to combat the more belligerent members of the league such as Hugh. To this end the invasion of Meissen began, which proved to be a lot more effective than during the reign of Jaromir’s father. He defeated the Jungists at the Battle of Freiberg, and with a clear path to Dresden the Margrave of Meissen issued his surrender. Within Thuringia, Sebastian Gauck died prematurely, and through sheer luck Hugh was selected in the random draw for the position of President of the Magi. By the end of the year in 1523, Hugh had largely been repulsed from Bayreuth but signed a treaty allowing him to keep the city of Hof. He elected to change sides and fight on the side of the Catholics, seizing the opportunity to invade and capture Bamberg, a nation that had aligned with Henry IX. By the end of the year peace would be agreed to, which saw Henry IX transfer the title of Elector to Hugh, although Henry IX was de jure superior to Hugh in rank. George I of Bayreuth would flee the county, while the Emperor appointed a new ruler, who he raised to the position of Duke. Having secured victory for the Catholics for the most part, The Emperor managed to depose several Jungists in the region and expand Bohemia, but in an effort to promote peace, he would ultimately sanction an alteration to the law to legalize orthodox Jungism. He would also sponsor the vote for an electorate in the Hansa in exchange for their aid in securing the victory.
- Roman Empire: The flood of Greeks into the Danube Basin accelerates as more and more former swamp is drained and prepared for settlement. In Western Dobruja, the swampland surrounding the Danube is also prepared for settlement. Dobruja is annexed this year as the Autonomous Theme structure under Despotate Hasapis is brought directly under imperial control. Hasapis is granted a large tract of reclaimed swampland along the Danube and tasked with settling it to create a border theme. The poldering spreads into underutilized Wallachian lands as well as Greek poor urbanites are shipped north to the fertile, but underutilized Wallachian swamps. Prince Godfried develops an interest in philosophy as he grows older and more involved in his studies. He delves into the ancients particularly the works of Aristotle and Pythagoras. He studies alongside the children of Kaisar-Autokrat Herodotus II and Empress Valerie. In particular, Godfried forms a close bond with Theodora, Herodotus' youngest child and closest to Godfried in age. Prince John is sent by his mother to visit her Brother, King Elvin of Hispania. He is to spend at least a year there learning Spanish and improving the strength of the Hispano-Roman Ties.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di" With the renaming of the Vrye Indië Vennootschap to Vrye Oostindië compagnie this shows a new course in the Company and her desires. Thus Antoon Brouwer sends a expedition of one Jersey called OCS Zonneschijn and three Sloops OCS Oosterwind, OCS Antonius and OCS Jansens and two galeien OCS Bart and OCS zeeland, These ships being comanded Severijn Klaesens. The Goal of these explorations is to find new markets in the east and possible uninhabited islands that could be used for the farming of spices herbs, and a workshop for the building of guns for the East asian market. Thus the Klaesens voyage sets of for the lands east of Majapahit and other more eastern islands, the plans being to go south to of Sumatra to then go back north at java and find new lands and states. Thus Klaesens comes acros the Kingdom of Bali, Klaesens 400 men being very impressed by the newly independent the captain offering trade to the king of Bali (Mod Response). The VOC able to offer guns, ships and the well know Belgic laken (Fabrics), and many more western goods. The Kleasens voyage finding a very lightly inhabited with the natives calling the island Xulla Besi. Thus Kleasens set up a small town as to establish better trade relations with the kingsdoms close to it. The town existing of housing a small dockyard and a small repair shop for items in need in repair that are very specific to Belgic use and needs. While in Africa hearing of the Portuguese aggression toward Jearda is known to the "Koninglyke West Afrikaansche Compagnie". This forces Governors Thomas Haazelaar, Hans Timmerman, Adriaen Beyaert and Hans Bouwer to force the merchants into a form of readiness. The Governor of Hendrico recruiting 420 Africans and 50 Europeans the Europeans comprising of 40 Belgics and eight Spanish and two Channel Islanders, the Soldiers being recruited to fight in the standard Kar formation with all Europeans and 40 Africans having gotten a gun the Africans often being given what is called hand cannons and punaisiers without the serptine lever. Even when these specific guns are getting rarer, as the punaisier due to economics of scale before easier the craftmen getting more and more used to making them. Ghent and Luik being know as the manufacturers of Cannons one of these cannons being Dulle griet which was the biggest cannon in western Europe when it got produced in 1452, the cannon now still being used for the defence of Mechelen the capital of the Belgic realm. While at the Berghuis in Heyst the king enjoys his free time this being clear after his wife Eleanor of Habsburg has given birth twins: one boy and one girl, the girl being called Elina and the boy Hendrick. The Triumvirate able to rule as before the authority measures of both king John V and John VI, the triumvirate being more lax on general rules of law realm. This being mostly on enforcing the law the "Groot Belgische Raad" planning to give each Lotharingian state their own "Raad" and even creating new states as to followe older more representing borders. While in Frisia with increased Russo-Belgic relations a small brewery is founded by a Russian family called "Шульгская пивоварня" which sells their special water. This drink being called vodka, meaning water, which is as clear as water but contains an alcohol made from grain and wheat. In Bergen Hearing of the situation with the KWAC, Spain and Portugal Ruysch voyage has decided to try to attempt to prevent Spanish troops from entering the Herdesvlakte revier. Alltough the crew does decide to only do this if possible to be done peacefull, Ruysch wanting to hope for a diplomatic manner for the land dispute. Ruysch thus sending one ship to Rotterdam and one to Palmparadijs, asking them to speak with Spain and the Spanish companies as to resolve the issue before getting too big.
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania population: 7.5 million army size 70,000. This nation created after the unification, this nation has good economy because it is in the middle of Russia, Holy Roman Empire, and Balkan. The traders go through this. Its biggest ally is Bohemia. Russia and Byzantine are also its allies.
- 'Tsardom of Russia: Dimitry welcomes the Hungarian kindred of his mother and allow them to settle in the lands of the former Kazan Khanate and on the Volga frontier. Peace returns to Dimitry's personal life as the tsarina Sophia bears him another child a son named Mikhail. Dimitry continued attendance to church and his new found joy as a father give him a new sense of purpose to continue to led the Rus' in a godly and moral manner. He overlooks the handling of state affairs. However, the ever expanding bureaucracy of Diaks (clerks) being built up by Nikolay conitnues to handle the everyday management of state projects and of the administrative and judicial functions of state. Nikolay also begins building up a information network bothinside and outside of Russia taking advantage of the growth of trade. A internal network of informants is set up to keep track of dissadence, while merchants are paid for information that might be of interest to the Tsar in Europe or on the Steppes. 'Military reforms continue as the new Themes are establsihed made up of a mix of freeholder and noble levies, a outfit of Streltsy and Varyag made up of some 20,000 men are established as The Rurik Guard and they are stationed in Kiev while rotationary seasonal garrisons of levies are established throughout the realm. Drilling of the levies is also made compulsory. As Rus' trained aboard in various trades start to return to Russia more are sent out, those returning find ready employment as reconstruction of the Tsardom continues. Carpenters, smithies, shipwrights, and sappers (engineers) in particular are hired in large numbers by the crown as the port of Neva nears completion, upgrades to the existing Kremlins to better deal with Modern weapons of war are under way in particular the Walls and Smolesk and Pskov receive special attention with greek designed bastions being planned. The port of Neva begins to grow as Finns, Rus, Balts, and Germans from either the Hansa, or from Lothringia settle and do trade at the newly established trade depot there. Russian matchlocks are produced in larger numbers as Rus' gunsmithies become well accustomed to making and repairing the muskets. In Kiev and Novogord new intellectual ciricles grow drawing on the growth of trade and new ideas coming into the realm and as many of these worsk are translated into Russian and printed by the growing printing industries in both cities with Novogord drawing from German and traditional Russian thought while Kiev is heavily influenced by Greek thought and the Latin world as Dimitry begins patronizing western thinkers, inventors and artists. The education of the Boyar-class begins to be implemented as Boyars are required to send their children to learn to read and write being taught at schools run by the clergy. The University of Novgorod is Completed and in an odd decision the church planned to be attached to it instead to become the new cathedral of Novgorod following and agreement between Dimitry and Patriarch Boris which would allow for Dimitry to get some say in the appointment of new priests. Seed drills are purchased in large quantities to distribute amongst the Freeholder estates and to sell to the Boyars and merchants. New agricultural techniques being implemented with new settlers arriving. Plans to build a new irrigation system with new canals is layed out along the river systems. River trade continues to grow massively as river boats go up and down the river cutting greatly the costs of transportation of goods within Russia. Trapping continues to grow massively as fur trappers push deep into the Russian frontier setting up outposts in the Uralic region. Expansion along the cost of the White Sea continues as well as long the rest of the Russian frontier. In the frontier region the Rus' alcoholic bevarage Vodka begins to gain popularity amongst the trappers. Husbandry continues to grow as a major activity as The crown promotes its growth by providing horses and cattle for hides, food, and animals of labour or war, while sheep are provided to help promote the growth of wool production for domestic consumption. An envoy is sent to the Qasim Khanate requesting that the Khan agree to become a vassal of the Tsar of Russia as promising protection and prosperity under the Russian umbrella making note that Rus' have been living amongst and trading with the Khan's people for generations. (mod response needed).
- Mod Response: Qasim reluctantly agrees seeing little choice.
- Celtic Confederacy:With the string of major victories by the Celtic-Portuguese alliance in the Bay of Biscany, the French navy outside of Vinland is utterly destroyed, reducing French forces to 12 ships, well the combined Celtic and Portuguese forces have 220 left, (out of an initial 270). As a result, there is nothing stopping our combined forces from blockading France, which we proceed to do, cutting off all outside trade into France by sea and massively damaging the French Economy, in the hopes of forcing them into surrender (and in the hopes of further destabilizing France). We also state that we are entirely willing to make peace with France at this point, but ONLY with France withdrawing completely from Vinland, renouncing all claims to the region, and signing a 25 year non aggression pact with both the Celtic Confederacy and Portugal. We state we are entirely unwilling to budge on any of these points. We send an ambassador to present these conditions for ending the war to the French King, in open court (French response needed). In other news, Joseph of Iona returns from Germany. Having spent the majority of his younger years documenting the reformation in Germany and Scandinavia, and the birth of the counter reformation, he begins the founding of the organization that will latter become known as the Ionan order, an order of Monks dedicated to poverty, missionary work, and the fighting over heresy wherever it appears through the embracing of and application of the principles of the Counter reformation. Originally an Irish dissenter and protestant sympathetic monk who was previously expelled from the Celtic Confederacy due to his pro protestant arguments and advocacy for the separation of the Church in the CC from the Catholic Church and embracement of the reformation. However, his time in Germany and witnessing of the greed, heresy, and flagrant disregard for their people of the Jungists, he has come to completely reverse those views, and instead embrace the counter reformation with a fanatic zeal. after many years of writing it, initially through a pro protestant lens but now massively rewritten by him part way through into a condemnation of the reformation through personal experience, including through personal contact with protestant leaders previously. Detailing the greed of the Jungists, the ways they have seized papal charity funds throughout Germany and France, their blatant embrace of pure heresy (such as the thin white duke claiming to be a descendant of Jesus himself, a step to far even for an at the time he met him fanatic protestant), their giving the murderers of Christ previously Christian Land in Saxony (with Joseph of Iona's notable Anti Semitism being heavily noted by historians as one of his most negative traits, but something that helps make his message resonate a lot more with the deeply Anti Semetic 16th century Europeans), the adoption of polygamy by the Thin white duke, and their consistent greed and pride motivating their actions, rather than any sense of true reformism or altruism. Publishing this scathing overview of the history of the reformation so far, and its heresy, it is an impassioned defense of the Catholic faith and condemnation of heresy and Protestantism through the lens of a former protestant, and thus proves very explosive in Scotland. Being immediettly endorsed by the Scottish Crown, Joseph of Iona’s magnum opus, “On the Reformation and its lies”, proves to be extremely popular, and is soon being spread througout the Celtic confederacy and England via the printing press, in a weaponization of many of the same tactics the Protestants has previously used themselves in Germany through the printing press.
- Kingdom of Arles-Burgundy: The nation of Arles would begin an upgrade of its fleet this year, constructing more oceangoing vessels after a lull in production over the last few decades. A trade mission would also be sent to West Africa once more, after previous attempts by Arles to establish a colony or trade post were unsuccessful. The nation would open trade with the Saharawi Sadiyanate, taking advantage of its open environment to foreign traders. In order to defend Arles numerous attempts at diplomacy around this time would be made. Alliances were also sought with the Republic of Genoa and other nations who could potentially challenge the French should they attack. (More to come).
- Vinland: Eric Kuis continues waging guerilla warfare upon the French. Vinland accepts Icelandic troops and is glad to see the French defeated at sea.
- Kingdom of England: King Richard IV of England struggles with popular unrest in London, with citizens upset at the way he seized power from his brother King Edward VIII and further inflamed by propaganda spread by Edward VII loyalists. King Richard IV has most of the Yorkist military of Southeast England occupied with keeping the peace in the capital, in order to keep anti-Celtic nobles who liked Edward VIII pacified he also holds strategic discussion about a war plan he considers to have a higher chance of success than those of Edward VIII: to, rather than trying to get through several counties of Lancastrian territory to get to Cornwall, instead target Wales, which is bordered by the Yorkist-friendly counties of Herefordshire and Shropshire and thus more accessible. However, some royal advisors are worried about dealing with the Kingdom of Wales's army, which is significantly larger than the independent Cornish military, and Richard IV also decides to postpone these plans because of the ongoing instability closer to home. With the Earl of Surrey's forces having abandoned Hertford, the forces of Edward VII of York and Henry of York, Duke of Clarence march from St. Albans and manage to recapture the town with relatively little resistance. Having gathered a force consisting of Yorkist soldiers from Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Shropshire and parts of Yorkshire, Edward VII and his brother then march south and initiate a siege of London. Compared to the two successful sieges of London in the past few decades, the Edward VII-loyal force has less soldiers and is thus not able to besiege the city as effectively, but the ongoing riots and other unrest also occupy a lot of King Richard IV's soldiers and thus reduce the effectiveness of his defenders. King Richard IV manages to send a messenger to the House of Howard in Norfolk to ask for aid, but they are unable to react to it this year because Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk (1443-1524) has died of old age. His son, also named Thomas (b. 1473), who was previously the Earl of Surrey by courtesy, becomes the 3rd Duke of Norfolk. Meanwhile, after having gathered and prepared troops for several years in Ipswich, John de la Pole, 3rd Duke of Suffolk and John Tuchet, 2nd Earl of Essex decide to spring into action while the internal conflict in the Yorkist faction is ongoing at London. They led an army composed of Lancastrian troops from Suffolk and Essex south and capture Essex's county town Chelmsford with relatively little resistance thanks to the Yorkist internal conflict; this has the effect of re-establishing Lancastrian control over Essex after they were repulsed from the county a decade ago. In Portsmouth, the Lancastrian leaders Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset; John de Vere the not-Earl; and John Bourchier, 11th Baron FitzWarin reinforce their military at the strategically important port town and commission the construction of ships for the Lancastrian navy at Portsmouth's dry dock; Marcantonio I Colonna's mercenary company continues working with them. Lancastrian ship construction also continues at the dry dock of Bristol under the guidance of Philip Courtenay, 3rd Earl of Bristol. Hoping to improve the position of his faction by acquiring more international relations, Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset, the main Lancastrian claimant to the throne, again writes to Aymon II, Duke of Savoy, offering his daughter Blanche (b. 1507) as a bride for Aymon II's son Edward II (b. 1500). (Mod response). The English clergy approve of Joseph of Iona's critique of the Reformation, and they begin to distribute it alongside Thomas More's Responsio ad Jungum. Edmund Grey, 4th Earl of Kent and Joanna Habsburg-della Rovere have their first child, a daughter named Anne (b. 1524); Reginald Courtenay and Anne Boleyn have their first child, a son named Thomas (b. 1524) in honour of Reginald's late brother; and Frances of Gloucester and Thomas Howard, the new 3rd Duke of Norfolk, have their fourth child, a daughter named Bridget (b. 1524). In Europe, Louise of Gorizia (1464-1524), the aunt of Meinhard IX, Count of Gorizia and widow of King Domnhall V of Iceland and a distant relative of the Plantagenets through the Lenzburgs, dies of natural causes.
- Mod Response: They Accept.
- Empire of Japan: The massive antipiracy campaign is continued as Hayao Yamamoto personally leads a fleet of nearly 150 ships in a colossal naval battle against Wokou Pirates in the East China sea roughly 50 miles off the coast of Ningbo. While putting up a serious fight, the Japanese fleet using two of their new Carrdjongs absolutely lay waste to nearly 40 large Wokou ships leaving very few in the immediate vicinity. The fleet immediately begins spreading out into the surrounding region supporting the Tian coastal fleets in handling the piracy issues. Further raids into Mazhuguo prompt a counter-response as the Mongols had raided a series of Manchu oriented settlements. Seeing the Japanese civilians suffer a similar fate and the fact the Army is stretched thin in trying to keep gaps from opening up (and with a lack of funding due to the trade disruption with the Tian) a large force of Manchus counter-raid into Mongolia, however, not under Japanese banner but under tribal banner giving the Empire a form of plausible deniability in the counter raids. This manages to buy Western Manchuria some more time in preparation. The Arrival of the Fukuoka chapter of the Kensei Order numbering 3,000, however, looks to tip the balance as they begin setting up major blocking points against future raids. The Imperial navy seeing the outdating of many ships due to the expansion of the Carrdjong officially retires nearly 400 aging warships, decommissioning them and selling them for profit to the Zaibatsu to act as personal trade escorts and merchant ships. This brings the Total of the Japanese navy to roughly 800 warships with the older models of Great War Junk being retired in favor of the Carrdjong which seeks to replace nearly 60 of the heavy warships on the open seas over the next six years. The common school system is finally implented successfully as most regions are covered in some degree by the schooling systems for either the commoners, or the Nobility in some fashion. This begins a slight uptick in general literacy of the population. Emperor Kenshiro celebrates his sons tenth birthday with one of the most opulent cherry blossom festivals in Japanese history. The War between the two sultanates in Ayyuthaya sees an influx of nearly 10,000 refugees to Batam, and Kuching which prompts a the local administrations of both to accept the Malay buddhists and muslims. Some general unrest occurs in Kuching due to the regions predominantly muslim population not being ruled or under their own sultanate. These rebels, however, stand at only a few hundred die hards who challenge a Japanese patrol. Not seeking to shirk their honor by not taking the fight, the Japanese soldiers fight many of them in single combat. While many of the defeated are simply killed due to the fight, the soldier note that these men do not value their honor as they refused to commit Seppuku as a result of their defeat in order to regain their honor. The Expansion into the Siberian hinterlands takes on a steady pace now as more lands are clearly there and the potential of running into another kingdom must also be there. The entire region can't be empty - it is reasoned - and plans are made to push farther west. The development in Arasakura continues with the varied outposts and settlements starting to grow a little more. Kenenaitzu and Sugi especially see some growth as the colonies become more oriented toward housing a permanent population. Kenenaitzu clearly becomes to favored destination as it over the last 20 years has become a sort of nexus of trade between the nearby natives on all sides and the Japanese. The explorers heading up the river continually tell tales of lands that simply go on forever, albeit they start to get much colder. A large scale ranging expedition is planned to chart these regions up the river and set up some outposts. However, it's clear the effective control for a long time will simply be related to the coast of the region. An enterprising explorer hoping to replicate Ebisu Yamamotos success in finding land to the East prompts him to make a series of voyages charting currents and how far a merchant or exploration ship could truly go before either running out of supplies or running into impassable current. His first voyage consisting of only one modest sized trade ship ends in him barely returning alive and him noting he had just gone in one big circle. Going from Arasakura and essentially getting spit back out and landing near the Aleutian islands. This does not stop him and he begins planning a second voyage this time better prepared.
While scoring multiple victories at sea, it's abundantly clear in the Vinlandic war, that only Portugual is walking away from this with any serious benefit having watched two potential rivals lose large amounts of ships in the overall conflict. Nobles from France and Scotland both cry out for peace.
When the King of Iceland attempts to usurp the Duke of Greenland's title and grant it to his newborn son, this is not only not enforced or supported in Greenland, but not supported in Iceland proper. The seizing of titles from a legitimate vassal in favor of the King or his son is perceived as tyrannical, and worried that the King may likewise try to disinherit them, many prominent nobles of Iceland band togehter in demanding that the King cease this.
As a result of protracted naval war, the Scottish economy begins to dive into a tailspin with the nobility lobbying for the King to end the war.
Sultan Babur al-Mo'h leads the invasion of Ghaffarid Baloch, terminating the dynasty in the final months of his conquest and annexing the region of Baloch. His close companion, Shaian al-Afshani, is believed to have been appointed as regional governor of Baloch during this time.
The Tian dynasty of China greatly reduces the quotas for taking grain.
During the march on Zempoala, the Spanish are attacked my a much larger defending army. At first the Huastec are successful in driving back the Spanish, defeating several detachments of Spanish allies and scouting forces. However, the influence of Spanish technology proves decisive when Spanish cavalry spearheads a charge, instructed to strike the leaders of the Huastec force, instructed to strike the leaders of the Huastecs. Giorno Giovanna de Napoli correctly guesses the leaders based on their ornamentation, and when the Spanish unexpectedly charge at them, they are killed. Without their commanders the less dedicated Huastec warriors flee facing Spanish horses and muskets, and those that remain are encircled and massacred. After the battle the Spanish manage to enter Zempoala and treat with the Huastec leaders. While garrisoning there they observe that disease has begun to decimate the population and make a Hustec resistance difficult.
The Age of Samael ends, thus beginning the Age of Gabriel, according to the occultism of Johannes Trithemius.
With Stone Town besieged by Portugal and eventually surrendering the Sultanate to the foreigners as a protectorate, Zanzibar's influence over various cities and tribes further from the coast wains. The Kamba tribe in the north takes the opportunity to establish independence, while the Hehe raid as far as Kilwa and raze villages in southern Zanzibar.
Aymon Eiríkur de la Marck, Prince of Finland (1452-1525) dies of natural causes and is succeeded as Prince of Finland by his son Eberhard de la Marck (b. 1486). His relative, Louise de la Marck (1454-1525), mother of Edmund, Duke of Lolland, also dies of natural causes.
- Rajdom of Majapahit: the news of the capitulation of the island of Madura and the successful capitulation of Lumjang comes to the Raja, the sack of both Madura and Lumjang will benefit Majapahit army by bringing more supplies to the frontier. Now that the Blambgan riverine fleet is completely desimated by the river fleet of Adji Supandi, with that we replenish our army in mainland Java frontier and we whidrew 7,094 soldiers from Madura Island leaving 1,000 men as a force to put down any rebellion in the island that is newly occupied, additional to the 7,732 soldiers that occupied the Blambgan capital of Lumjang mounting up a total army of ~15,000 men in Java frontier. After conquering major lands of Blambgan the rest of our armies will march into Blambgan territory to ensure that no rebellions will pop up, and this, Nlambgan is entirely integrated. The gift of the custom Isntingar is generously accepted from the Ayutthayan Rama. The Raja after the epic victory of Adji Supandi against the Blambgan River fleet, decide that the admiral would take in charge of a Djrong expedition fleet of 50 Djrongs, those 50 Djrongs each carrying 100 men and ten to 12 tons of provisions and luxury items to trade with the indigenous people of Sulawesi, the expedition will be sent to the western Sulawesi unclaimed territories, they shall land in (OTL Polewali)where they will establish a small settlement there of huts and a port to dock those Djrongs, any encountered indigenous people shall be interacted with friendly and offer them our valuable resources and items to trade. [Mod response, please]. With the war ended and Demak lands repaired as their irrigation systems are maintained, we shall do the same in the newly occupied Blambgan lands, as we repair the irrigation systems of rice, camphor resin, and sandal wood, we also rebuild bridges in the rivers such as Solo and Batram to improve the logistics of the region.
- The indigenous people are friendly to the settlers and are willing to trade with them.
- Kingdom of Ayutthaya: Following the success of last year’s campaign, Ayutthayan forces are given orders to press on and eradicate the remaining enemy forces in the region with their commander, Nattanai Chaiprasit, deciding to pursue the remainder of enemy forces back to wherever they’re retreating making use of cavalry to harass, track, and observe them with the rest of the army following as quickly as possible using scouts to survey the land ahead of the army for any traps. The army is engaging them when they manage to catch up with Perak/Johor forces. (Algo Needed). Envoys are sent to the state of Kentung to request an alliance between Ayutthaya and Kengtung (Mod Response)Another diplomatic part is sent to the state of Hsenwi to request friendly relations. (Mod Response).
- Kengtung are willing to form an alliance with Ayutthaya because of their previous cooperation during the war against Ava. Hsenwi agree to friendly relations, though they are not yet willing to establish a full alliance.
- Mali Empire: It is at this point that the historical record is more vague about the domestic situation in the eastern territories. The Gbara was completely dominated by control of the western territories, being far larger in terms of wealth, infrastucture and political influence over the nation. Mustafa II was starting to grow old and was no longer able to directly manage a lot of the domestic issues. All we know for sure is that parts of the major cities near Gao, Daura and Agadez were often in a sustained or mitigated state of anarchy, where revenge attacks from both the Yunni and Sunni communities of Muslims made pacification of the region a difficult task. In the New World, Abd Al-Muttalib built up both the cities of Kambina and Jearda in attempt of proving greater sources of profit from this region. In Jearda, this is largely given to the administration of the KWAC, where Fulani administrators provide substantial slave and free labor, but generally the African population is a minority. Kambina now sustains a population of just over 1,000 people, in addition to a few hundred Nigerian slaves working rice plantations. In order to try to further expand the territory, Muttalib asks to purchase land from the Caetes people in exchange for Malian salt and copper rings. (Mod Response). When Maha returned to her brother and tutor, she told them about the words of Bastien and about his shoes, and how she stole his shoes and replaced them with a similar-looking pair. Khalil, who initally was still beside himself for having scored his own goal, was somewhat relieved to hear this was actually unfamiliar shoes. He gave his shoes over to the smallest of the team, Arnold the Almost-Omnivirous, and gave him some time to experiment and get used to using the shoes. Khalil kept close observation as Arnold practiced, in preparation for their third match. Maha in the mean time continues to meet with Bastien, lavishing him with complements, to eventually ask him for further explanation what is so lucky of the marvelous shoes.
- The Caetes people are willing to trade but do not wish to give up ancestral lands.
- Papal States: Pope Lucius IV continues his efforts to apply the decisions of the Council of Trent. Cardinal Declan Mac Eochagáin is chosen as the head of the Sacred Congregation of the Index. He and other members of the Congregation places all books write by Jungists and other similar reformists in the Index Librorum Prohibitorum. The teachings of the deceased Duke of Thuringia are condemned as heresy and blasphemy and his writtings are placed in the Index. Any of these books must be destroyed. The construction of the Cortile del Belvedere is finished and the Vatican Library is finally open. Michelangelo continues working to the papacy. The deceased Pope Julius II desired that Michelangelo painted frescos in the chapel, but due to the Council of Trent the works in the chapel needed to wait. The painting of the frescos only started in 1520, during the papacy of Adrian VI. As requested by Adrian VI, the frescos in the Gregorian Chapel are following the decisions of the Council of Trent regarding art. It’s finished this year and the fresco covers the entire ceiling. It shows the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the middle and around it several saints and angels contemplating the Holy Trinity. This fresco is named The Celestial Court. With the ceiling finished, Michelangelo start to work in the walls that will be decorated with important scenes of the Bible, starting with the Creation of Adam. Pope Lucius IV writes the bull Regimini militantis ecclesiae that give papal support and approval for the Society of Jesus, the Servants of Jesus and the Ionian Order. With the papal bull giving formal approval, the Jesuits now desire to establish themselves across Italy. The Order send letters to Modena, Savoy, Venice and Florence asking to establish themselves there. [MOD response needed, please]. Since their formation, the Jesuits have growing in number. Martin Habsburg Della Rovere, brother of Magdalena and Margaret Habsburg Della Rovere, joins the Society of Jesus. Johann Maier von Eck, co-founder of the Society of Jesus, writes the book Enchiridion locorum communium adversus Jugum et alios hostes ecclesiae (of Commonplaces against Jung and other Enemies of the Church). In this book he defends the Catholic Church against the attacks of Jungists and other reformists and also denounces the polygamy and blasphemy that was preached in Thuringia. Eck also makes several other writings against iconoclasm and in defense of the doctrines of the Mass, purgatory, and auricular confession. His works and the book of Thomas More are extensively printed by the Pontifical Roman Press and spread to the Catholic nations. The Servants of Jesus settle in their convent in Monte San Giovanni Campano. The convent is named as Convent of Santa Maria Della Strada, the patroness of the Society of Jesus and of the Servants of Jesus. A church in honor of Santa Maria Della Strada is commissioned by Ferdinand Habsburg Della Rovere in Monte San Giovanni Campano for the use of the order. These nuns start to do missionary work and help the poor. They also start to teach children the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Like the Jesuits, their number also grows. Quiteria Habsburg Della Rovere, sister of Magdalena and Margaret, joins the Order this year. With the approval of the Ionian Order, Pope Lucius IV writes to Joseph of Ionia asking him to visit Rome to establish a monastery there and to bring a copy of his book to be published by the Pontifical Roman Press. [Celtic Confederation response needed, please]. Ferdinand Habsburg Della Rovere writes to Meinhard IX, Count of Gorizia offering Ferdinand’s daughter Catherine in marriage to the count. [MOD response needed, please]. Federico Habsburg Della Rovere and Vittoria Colonna have a son named Giuliano. Philip Habsburg Della Rovere and Anne Beaufort have a son named Carlos. The marriage offers of the Boleyn family are accepted by the Habsburg Della Rovere. Maximilian Habsburg Della Rovere marry with Mary Boleyn and Helena Habsburg Della Rovere is sent to marry with George Boleyn.
- Republic of Ancona: New ships are built in the Arsenal of Ancona. The Jesuits continue to preach in the Republic. The Elders of Ancona allow the Society of Jesus to create a convent in the Republic.
- Celtic Diplomacy: Joseph of Iona is ecstatic to receive official Papal support for his order and his initiatives, and quickly secures passage to Rome, as the Pope requested. When he arrives, he postrates him before the Pope, begging for forgiveness for his former support of the Heresy in Germany, and the damage he caused in doing so. He states his firm desire to redeem himself, as much as is possible, through anti reformation efforts, and charity, and begs him to allow him to establish a chapter of the Ionian Order in Rome. He also agrees to the requests of the Pope and provides him with several copies of "On the Reformation and Its Lies", translated into Latin and Italian, for mass distribution, as he requested, and agrees to help design a monastery in Rome as the Pope requested.
- Modena Refuses. Savoy Refuses. Venice accepts. Florence Accepts.
- The Cout of Gorizia agrees to the marriage apathetically.
- Republic of Ancona: New ships are built in the Arsenal of Ancona. The Jesuits continue to preach in the Republic. The Elders of Ancona allow the Society of Jesus to create a convent in the Republic.
- Iceland: King Domnhall V gave the Order of Nordic Piety to General Karlsson of Sweden. A statue of Cardinal Ari Arason is commissioned with magnetite in the eyes and will be offered to the Scottish leaders. The Icelandic Navy is ordered to sail to where the French navy should leave from Vinland to fight them. As his grandson Henry has a son named Henry.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. Our military sends the fleet up to Slovakia (pink nation above me) to invade them and take them over. The 35-year-old General John Zápolya leads our great Black army to gain more land. (Algo Response).
- Tsardom of Russia: Kniaz Konstantin and Princess Elene of Georgia have their first child a daughter named Elizabeth. The charm of his exotic bride steadily starts to wear off as the Kniaz returns to his exploits much to the dismay of both his father and his wife. Tsar Dimitry II continues his duties while the day to day management of state affairs are administered by the growing number of diaks (clerks). All infrustructure projects continue with the Kremlin and walls of Moscow repairs finished and work on improving the fortifications with slanted walls being slated for the city while a major expansino of the city garrison is also planned. The new port city at the mouth of the Neva is completed while the city developing around it continues to grow. Construction of the new baltic fleet begins focusing on carracksand merchant vessels. Plans to begin integrating the princedom of Finland begin with the niece of Dimitry II becoming engaged to the new prince of Finland Eberhard de la Mark. The trade continues to explode as trappers continue to flood the frontier for pelts selling them at them to Crown depots set up in the frontier for processing and to sell to Germans and Greeks. new settlements in the lands of the Urals continue pop up as Trappers and merchants build up trading posts in the region. Many fo the trappers take on local mistresses as the trappers begin to live more and more amongst the various Uralic tribes in the region. Agricultural development continues as more and more land is parcelled out and seed drills imported from the greeks are used more and more. Work on the new irrigation system begins. Cattle and horse husbandry also grow dramaticly, while Sheep herding steadily grows but not as fast. Mining in the Southern Ural region begins as some iron deposits are discovered in the region. In the White sea region Salt depsoits are also steadily exploited for sale in Novgorod. Kniaz Oleg is mysteriously found dead after a night of heavy drinking and complaints about the crown in Novgorod. Reports say it was a robbery gone wrong. However, Dimitry upon hearing the news, suspects one of his underlines responsible. However, he leaves Turgenev in charge of the investigation. Nikolay continues to build his network of informants both domesticly and abroad compiling information reports of news coming from Eastern Europe, the Baltics, and the steppes. In particular efforts are made to build ties with the Rus' living under Polish rule in the lands of the former principailites of Galicia, and Polotsk, as trade with Poland grows. Nikolay Turgenev begins working on his next book "The Sword, the Pen, and the Cross" fleshing out the ideas first put forward in "The Tsar". In his new work he talks about the importance of building legitimacy through a mix of Diplomacy, Violence, and recognition of the clergy to build an atmosphere of legitimacy that will allow the Tsar to rule over his subjects, but he also stresses the importance of maintaining these pillars of legitimacy to retain control of the narrative and state apparatus. In the lands of the former Kazan the town of Uglovoy Khor (Kutna Hura) is fully established by the recent arrivals of the cult fleeing Bohemia, and Hungary. The inhabitants of the town keep largely to themselves developing the lands around them and building a strange church adorned with skulls on the inside, the village claims the skulls are those of family members killed during the violence in the HRE. However, reports of missing Tatars and travellers begin to arise in the region. Matters escalate when officials discover the bodies of several Tatars with their backs cut open along the spine with the ribs spread out like wings. This greatly shocks many and officials in the region begin investigating the matter.
- Kingdom of France: The nation recalls its fleet in Europe to its ports, while in Vinland the fleet is also defensive and in port, and well supplied from the coast. The French have no occupied all of Vinland, and continue to own St. Pierre, as demonstrated by all the land battles. Although Portugal won a minor victory at sea in Europe, in the American theatre the war is won and indicates that Vinland is occupied, Therefore the Treaty of St. Pierre is proposed, in which France even agrees to allow Vinland to remain independent, and agrees to let Portugal have influence over it, and agrees to give Portugal many economic concessions, as there isn’t much else plausibly they could hope to get, considering the colonial war was won by France, and Vinland is still occupied. As the French army in Vinland is mostly self sufficient, controlling key forts in the nation to extract tribute and control the coast, and is pillaging the native population for supplies, and also trading with local native tribes for supplies and aid, it is expected that even without regular naval supply this occupation will continue, as Scotland begins to bankrupt itself trying in vain to dislodge this occupation. They risk losing their overseas empire as more and more ships are lost, and likewise Portugal has a global empire to maintain by sea, and cannot afford to send their entire fleet to Vinland and expect to be successful. Therefore the Treaty of St. Pierre de facto goes into effect, as no side has any recourse to try and prevent it, aside from Vinlanders waging guerilla warfare in their nation. The nation also trades with Lotharingia and its colonies in the Vinland area, with support from them being accepted to dislodge the Portuguese.
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania: The Sigmund II wanted to recruit more soldiers, but the nobles didn't agree with the king. This made Sigmund !! to get furious and is planning to make the nobles weaker.
- Dai Viet: Cửu Trùng đài enters its ninth year of constructing. An envoy is sent to Hsenwi to ask for a defensive alliance. (Mod Response). Envoys are also sent to Bengal to deliver gifts of silk and ceramics to the Sultan and ask for relations improvement. (Mod Response).
- Hsenwi are willing to have friendly relations with Dai Viet, though they do not think a defensive alliance is necessary at this time. The Sultan of Bengal accepts the gift and accepts trade with Dai Viet, though he is not willing to get involved in the political tensions of Southeast Asia at this time.
- Kingdom of Portugal: With the treaty of St Pierre finally being signed, peace once more returns to Portugal as the royal fleet returns home and the rebuilding of the 200-strong fleet begins immediately. The king is hailed as a hero all over Portugal for defeating the French navy several times, but also for standing up for a fellow Christian nation. The young crown princess visits the king when he returns from a three-year long war where he proclaims most proudly "I never stopped thinking of you, my dear Maria. Meanwhile, the army begins to demobilize and return to their original stations. After his return, the king goes on a one-week long vacation to the countryside to recuperate and recover from the stress put on him for negotiating peace.
- Vinland: The population this year is about 8,200, a severe drop in people from just a few years ago. Eric Kuis signs the treaty of St. Pierre and gives away his beloved son Kristjan and daughter Ruth. Vinland becomes a protectorate of France and guaranteed by Portugal and Scotland. He gives away OTL St. Pierre and our much valued colonies in Abegwit. In other news, the Norse, Tvennufolk, and remaining Beothuk begin rebuilding our country and a searing hatred toward the French begins to develop. The losses from the war number about 500 and the production of food is severely disrupted. Industries such as the shipbuilding and fur tanning industry are hurt as well. Eric Kuis begins sending envoys to local native populations around the region, such as the Mi'kmaq, Algonquian, Iroquois, and others in the region, warning of the evil of France and their aggression. Eric Kuis hopes to create some sort of alliance or network of positive relations. In other news, Princess Helka becomes pregnant this year, a piece of good news after so much tragedy and loss.
- Esgigeland and Unamaland: The population of about 1,200 was largely untouched from the war, but the Vinlandic population here is outraged by the warmongering of the French.
- Vestelfrland: The colony of Vestelfrland continues expanding west. An outpost in OTL Quebec City is founded.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": In Lotharingia with the triumvirate and the "Groot Belgische raad" Regent Nicolaas Everaerts the official leader of the Koninglyke raad van Belgia agree upon the creation of "Kleine raden". These klein raden being raden for local regions such as Brabant, Flanders and Henegau, these Kleine Raden seen as a form of local representation as to ease local issue's. This would enable the "Groot Belgische raad" to focus on national issue's such as defence and merchant laws regarding the Free and royal companies, and Royal brewery recognision and many more actions. The plan being to use the local raden to establish small local millitia's and city guards, which are to establish order and more friendly relation with the locals. The "Groot Belgische raad" thus planning to also redraw some of the borders as they were before most of the royal border interventions and changes forced upon the Senatus Regus Lotharii. Mainwhile in East asia the VOC the Klaesens voyage officialy name their town on Xulla Besi which is named "NAME OF TOWN", Klaesens claiming the whole Sula island chain. The islands being very lightly inhabited thus making it easy for the VOC to claim these lands. The island chain being seen as a easy opertunity to set up big warehouses, and use the natural resources to make the goods desired in East asia. Klaesens officialy claiming the islands for the VOC, although he does preach tolerance in VOC land. The VOC deciding to not allow preachers and monks to come to VOC land in fear of angering the local population, as the VOC only desires to trade for For spices herbs and incense. Products which are all very popular with the Belgic people in the Kingdom of Lotharingia. Mainwhile in Hendrico and other KWAC Colonies the fear of Portuguese aggression remains even if the tensions are lowering, the soldiers being ordered to stay prepare but not as actively as before. The KWAC governor of Hendrico Adriaen Beyaert only ordering to not enhance the defences such as mud walls and ditches any further. The KWAC not being the only company preparing for trouble as the Wagenaar famyljebedriuw sends a representative to the Kingdom of Portugal regarding their war in Vinland, As to ensure the safety and the rights of the colony and the company. (Portuguese response). The company wanting to continue doing business and possibly set up a second base of operations with different species of fish and furs. While in Bergen due to the situation with Spain, the Ruysch expedition is still holding and sending people to the Spanish government in the hope of finally getting an agreement ready. (Spanish Response). The Lotharingian RHC wanting to ensure her colony of Bergen and avoid any conflict. The RHC wanting to ensure that she can keep her colonies and possible even have their extent put into paper, as to prevent conflict between companies on a large scale.
- Empire of Japan: Admiral Hayao Yamamoto once again scores a series of well fought victories in the sea regions between the Riau fortress, Hainan and Taiwan. Once again working conjunction with Chinese coastal defense fleets, the Admiralty authorized roughly 80 ships led by Hayao to sweep pirates from the seas. The battle of the Taiwan coast, as well as the battle of Shawan bay finally clears the coast of the majority of the primary Wokou forces after three long hard fought years. Having lost 40 ships in the campaign and it having impacted Japanese trade to a serious degree, the opening of the seas again between China and Japan once again prompts once again unmolested trade between the two Empires and once again the two begin to make profitable trade between the two over the high seas with little issues. With this issue resolved a focus is shifted over toward addressing the remaining Wokou pirate issues dealing with the remnants of the once great Wokou fleets. However, being such a smaller force now, they are hard to find. This also, however, frees up funding to redirect toward addressing the issue of Mongolian raids which have occurred once again this year. The Fukuoka Chapter (coloquially the Sundered Hearts Chapter) of the Kensei order with its 3,000 strong forces inflicts a crushing defeat on the 2,000 strong raiding force taking no prisoners and taking specifically the prized Mongol horses for themselves. This is agreed upon will put a stop to the raids for another few years while a more permanent solution is devised. The explorer Kaido Tanaka continues his charting of the ocean currents this time leaving from Japan proper and pushing east. His journey is long and boring. He does, however, land with his crew in an untamed landscape after nearly four months at sea. They immediately disembark to get an ides where they are but the current pushing them north prompts no further southern sailing on this voyage. He immediately embarks but not before leaving a rudimentary shrine to the god of the sea Ryujin and his crew engages in the same worship praying to a way home. Another few weeks of voyage puts him in familiar territory as he realizes now he was just south of Sugi and Kenenaitzu furthering his theory that there is much more land to the south. As he returns home very late in the year he records his findings and plans yet another voyage. However, he requires more funding and looks to gain some independent support for his voyages via minor trade guilds.
- Kingdom of Arles-Burgundy: The nation prepared defenses this year in territories around the Kingdom of France, out of fear that the French war could affect the Burgundian territories. An alliance would be proposed with the Swiss Confederacy this year, as it was noted that many Arlesians had served with famed commander Peter III during their expedition in the French Wars of Religion. The King worked closely with his brother-in-law, Étienne Grozelier, Count of Beaune as a liason to the Burgundians, preparing defenses and soldiers, and modernizing the Arlesian army. Elsewhere, Grozelier’s brother René became a prominent priest and loyal servant of the Papacy, hoping for future appointments and favors.
- Roman Empire: As food from the growing farms of the Danube Delta hits the markets of Constantinople the economy rapidly expands. Real reduction in food prices allows for greater investment in equipment, infrastructure, and growth. The influx does depress the price of grain, causing greater competition in Anatolia. Prince Godfried grows into a respected member of court life, serving in the Tagmata as a junior officer while continuing his studies. His respectful nature and dedication to knowledge impress Kaisar-Autokrat Herodotus II who continues to sponsor his education.
- Abbasid Caliphate: Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman's reformative period continues while rebellions are quelled in Yemen through the maintained garrison present. The economy returns to pre-war levels, with the production of books and manuscripts allowing for the alleviation of domestic economies in Egypt and Hejaz, due to their sale outward into Arabia and across Ifriqiya. Inspired by the works of the House of Wisdom and the Abbasid Golden Age, translators are coalesced into the Great Library in an effort to translate works across all walks of life. It's likely that the first Japanese script, a collection of poems, would be produced into Arabic during this time, due to Muslims from Japan continuing their pilgrimage to Mecca. Trade also becomes a major aspect of the economy, with exports from the Spice Kingdoms being sold cheaply into Europe as a means of maximizing quantity while additionally, domestically exporting various resources and other valuable materials that continue to flesh out the dire economic situation. The Bank of Cairo is established this year to maintain any sort of surplas as well as regulate the tax system across the Caliphate. The port city of Jeddah finishes re-construction during this time as well, becoming a hub for Arabian merchants traveling through and from the Red Sea. Positions within the Grand Army are re-structured and defined, with the Mamlūk Knights serving as a Taymiyyah-based military order that must be paid but will be provided expansion of their estates. The concept of the Quwalnukhba becomes further idealized, with the idea of soldiers carrying thicker armor becoming more necessary due to the heavy losses faced in the Conquest of Yemen. A new type of arquebus appears in Egypt during this time, known only as the heavy arquebus or simply the "musket". Although updated arquebus' had existed during this time, most notably with a "shoulder rest", these types of new gunpowder technology were notable due to their heavier weight and more thorough usage denoting further accuracy and expulsion of power. Due to the limited supply of muskets, the Quwalnukhba are the only warriors allowed to use these more advanced weaponry. They are quoted at 7,500 during this time, and are mostly made up of experienced soldiers within the Grand Army that have served under the will of God. An interesting fact about the Quwalnukhba and their usage of these heavy arquebus' was their decorative approach to the weapon, often times carving in calligraphy or simply designing it with a variety of colors associated with Islam.
- Kingdom of England: King Richard IV of England remains in London, beset by both popular unrest and an attempted siege of the city by the forces of Edward VII of York and his brother Henry, Duke of Clarence. This year, King Richard IV's troops, aided by the forces of Henry Percy, 5th Earl of Northumberland, manage to largely get the revolts in London under control. This enables them to utilise more troops against the Edward VII-supporting attackers. The King's troops manage to break through the besieging army and force them to retreat, though they are unable to deal a decisive blow, as the Edward VII-loyal troops from Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Shropshire and parts of Yorkshire regroup at their previous stronghold of St. Albans in Hertfordshire. Edward VII of York appeals for aid to Henry Stafford, 4th Duke of Buckingham, the son of Edward Stafford, 3rd Duke of Buckingham, who had been a major Yorkist commander in the previous York-Beaufort conflict before his death in battle in 1514. However, Henry Stafford refuses to get involved in the battles between King Richard IV and Edward VII of York, having become disillusioned from the Yorkist cause by their internal conflicts. Henry (b. 1501) reinforces his decision in the same year when he chooses to marry Philippa Grey (b. 1505), daughter of the Lancastrian noble Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset. With no help coming from Buckinghamshire, Edward VII of York decides to go out on a limb, and he sends a messenger north all the way to King Edward IV of Scotland, asking for some Scottish soldiers or mercenaries to help depose the strongly anti-Celtic King Richard IV of England. (Scotland response) Having established control over Chelmsford in Essex, John de la Pole, 3rd Duke of Suffolk and John Tuchet, 2nd Earl of Essex initially intend to march the Lancastrian troops of Suffolk and Essex on to London, but after hearing of the intensive fighting already ongoing in that region between the Edwardian and Richardian Yorkists, they decide on a different strategy. They instead march north from Essex into Cambridgeshire and manage to capture the city of Cambridge, of symbolic importance because it was King Richard IV's original seat when he was just an Earl, with relatively little resistance due to Richard having ordered most of the Yorkist levy of Cambridgeshire to London. The Lancastrian leaders Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset; John de Vere the not-Earl; and John Bourchier, 11th Baron FitzWarin remain in Portsmouth, replenish their military and using Portsmouth's dry dock to construct ships for the Lancastrian navy, while Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick continues to hold the Lancastrian defensive position at Oxford with the aid of the diplomat Thomas Boleyn. In Lancashire, Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Lancaster (b. 1498) marries Mary Dacre (b. ~1502), daughter of Thomas Dacre, 2nd Baron Dacre, a minor noble from Cumberland who dies later the same year. The English Parliament this year is largely caught up by arguments between supporters of the varous claimants to the throne - King Richard IV, Edward VII of York and Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset - and thus they do not accomplish much, but they do manage to secure some funding for the Catholic Church in England, which has remained largely uninvolved in the dynastic conflicts. Making use of this new funding, Archbishop of Canterbury William Warham writes to Pope Lucius IV, proposing for the Society of Jesus and the Order of Servants of Jesus to establish branches in England. (Papal response) Meanwhile, Robert Grey, the second son of Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset and a Mercedine friar, rises in the administration of the Bluefriars priory in Wells, Somerset. Isabella della Rovere (1470-1525), widow of George Beaufort, 1st Duke of Lancaster (and before that the French noble Victor Capet-Berry, Duke of Berry), dies of a disease in Lancashire. Henrietta Grey and Eberhard II von Lenzburg have their first child, a son named Heinrich IV (b. 1525); Edward Courtenay and Margaret Beaufort have their second child, a daughter named Eleanor (b. 1525); and Anne Courtenay and Thomas Colonna have their first child, a daughter named Mary (b. 1525).
The Catholic revolt in Sweden finally ends following nearly four years of destruction and battles across the land. While scoring many victories in the field the Army led by Gustav Karlsson fails to secure Stockholm and his support withers greatly. This de facto ends the revolt preserving the Jungists in Sweden but leaves both sides too exhausted to really do much about the other.
With Stone Town besieged by Portugal and eventually surrendering the Sultanate to the foreigners as a protectorate, Zanzibar's influence over various cities and tribes farther from the coast wains. The Kamba tribe in the north takes the opportunity to establish independence, while the Hehe raid as far as Kilwa and raze villages in southern Zanzibar.
Kafka's teachings spread across western Austria, leading to him facing persecution from the Catholic Austrian government. Despite this a synod is held for the first time in the city of Bregenz, and his ideas spread into southern Germany, eastern Switzerland, and northern Italy.
The heavy pillaging of armies in Vinland for supply, and the frequent fighting between each side, takes a heavy toll on the natives of the nation. In addition to a large number of deaths from direct confronation, the Vinlanders also experience famine and an outbreak of disease, with the population reaching about 5200 by this time. As a result as well, the Vinlandic peoples showcase disloyalty to the king as well as diallusionment with European ideals.
The war waged against the French by the Celtics turned out to be more expensive due to their outreach, causing temporary inflation and debasement in the currency of the Confederacy.
The Bubonic plague in France continues to infect southern Europe, spiking deaths in Occitania while spreading to Poitou.
Anna of Wasaborg (1458-1526), an unmarried sister of Countess Mary Lily Bonne of Wasaborg, dies of natural causes. Her first cousin, Cardinal Johannes of Brandenburg (1454-1526) also dies of natural causes.
Emperor Babur al-Mo'h, after conquering the State of Baloch, begins an unprecedented invasion of the Indian subcontinent unseen since the time of Tamerlane. Referred to only as कसाई ("Butcher") or अंधेरे का सम्राट ("Emperor of Darkness"), his campaign along the Indus River and across Northern India is to be a major turning point in the region and it's historical prosperity that expanded during the reign of Shamsher Singh. While his goals remain high and treacherous, it's seen through his eyes as a true means to establishing an Empire as far reaching as the ancient Mongolians or even the Kingdom of Ḏū al-Qarnayn.
While disease spreads throughout Mesoamerica, the fall of the Huastec Empire raises the alarms of the Triple Alliance, with warrior Inttōn of Tarasca leading a hazardous raid against the natives of Oaxaca, decimating their fields and disrupting their homeland. The King of Oaxaca, Piltlacoatl, pleads to the Inquisitors of the Crown of Aragon for assistance in ending the Triumvirate of the Fish, the Flower, and the Rock.
The Caxcan polities began raiding among the recently conquered state of Huasteca, raiding the camps of Spaniards in Zempoala and Totonac.
A confederacy of Shan states, including Kale, Momeik, Bhamo, and the Burman Kingdom of Prome, forms under the leadership of a saopha namd Sawlon, who leads several raids into Avan territory, managing to sack the titular city this year.
- Kingdom of Mutapa: Chuiyko ask a the royal palace to be extended along with both the school in Matala and a library be added there as well. More printing presses are ordered from overseas as chuiyko begins to write a book a philosophy. The nation not only grows along the great escarpment but also begins to make its way down the Rhizi the is large and south of the Limpopo. The craftsmen ship of gold and other metals increases as the king seeks to earn more money to invest into the advancment of the nation. The kings offers to visit Ethiopia (Ethiopian player response) and would like to open up more trade to the Europeans. (Lotharginian and Portuguese response).
- Jungist Räterepublic of Thuringia: With the withdrawal of the Thin White Duke, the “Old Government” in the Supreme Rätia – referring to the often chaotic but well intended age of the founding fathers in the nation’s infancy – had come to pass. Gauck’s death in 1523 had vacated the position head among the Magi, while Benedikt Nietzche voluntarily gave up the presidency after two terms, noting that a career in the representative assembly was more fitting. Second president Walter Steinmeier would elaborate on Thinwhitedukist theory in his 1520 treatise Societas Cooperativa. He stated that in a primitive society, all able bodied persons would have engaged in obtaining food, and everyone would share in what was produced by hunting and gathering. There would be no private property, which is distinguished from personal property such as articles of clothing and similar personal items, because primitive society produced no surplus; what was produced was quickly consumed and this was because there existed no division of labour, hence people were forced to work together. The few things that existed for any length of time (tools, housing) were held communally. According to Steinmeier, the domestication of animals and plants following the Neolithic Revolution through herding and agriculture was seen as the turning point from this society to class society as it was followed by private ownership and slavery, with the inequality that they entailed. In addition, parts of the population specialized in different activities, such as manufacturing, culture, philosophy, and science which is said to lead to the development of social classes. Steinmeier would note that the this was effectively the state of the first humans as created by God, and the state described by Jesus and the Apostles in the New Testament, but noting the benefits of modernization toward the construction of Christ’s vision, he proposed the cooperative as the ideal government and hierarchical structure. Likewise, he noted that humans have often organized for mutual benefit, through the organization of cooperative structures, allocating jobs and resources among each other, and believed that to this day they could undertake similar organization, citing the Viamala in Switzerland as an important organization of labor toward the completion of a mutual goal. Effectively, all enterprises would be governed either by the community that constitutes the enterprise, or through a mutual social contract between the governed and the owner, for the purpose of adequately sharing the fruits of labor. These ideas came as a direct result of the circumstances of the time, as Thuringia was well acquainted with the government system of both the Swiss Confederacy and the Hanseatic League, with many early politicians citing either example; it had been a natural consequence to develop from the system of guilds, focused on a particular industry, to band together with their own internal workings, for the purpose of forming a political league, into a similar guild system applied to all facets of society. On the most local level, varying pieces of society, from the workplace, the living quarters, or the field, would organize into a rätia, and elect delegates to represent them in a local assembly for a town or city or region as a whole, often exercising complete legislative and executive power in their respective, small spheres. Each town’s representatives formed a rätia for an administrative district, and each district likewise elected officials to the Supreme Rätia. The presidency was effectively the head of an executive committee elected by the Supreme Rätia, and was subservient to its legislation and votes. The system was likewise born of the feudal structure that it coexisted with; the highest elected officials were members of a committee that included the former nobility, who together executed the day-to-day running of the districts or nation. As the Thin White Duke said, the government of God "is a government of union," with this theodemocratic polity being the literal fulfillment of Christ's prayer in the Gospel of Matthew: "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." As he stated in his 1519 Address to the Union, "I calculate to be one of the instruments of setting up the kingdom of Daniel by the word of the Lord, and I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the world...It will not be by sword or gun that this kingdom will roll on: the power of truth is such that all nations will be under the necessity of obeying the Gospel." Thus the governing synod operated under the authority of God and in his servitude toward the building of the kingdom’s foundation. The Election of 1525 would prove a crucial affair for the young nation in determining its workings, and serves as a microcosm for understanding the Räterepublic. By that time various factions had begun to emerge who differed in opinion over the future course of the republic. Notably the most radical among the assemblies, who called for more persistent action against Catholics, monarchists, and reactionary thought, were the Tauferands, and were generally opposed by the far more moderate Vendemiairians. Likewise the election would be dominated by the issue of the Henry-Hugh rivalry. Discontent by his kinsman’s negotiation with the Catholic Emperor, Henry IX distanced himself from Hugh. On the other hand, Hugh the Heir had turned his attention southward from Thuringia. His careful intrigue and manipulation had led him to dominate the politics of the city of Nuremberg, and he would serve as Alderman for the remainder of his life. Despite losing territory to Bayreuth under the machinations of the Bohemians, he had managed to secure Bamberg in a partially advantageous peace. He used his connections in the south to instigate a fairly bloodless coup in Bayreuth against the Bohemian puppet duke, which saw Lionel I restored, in the hopes that he would be still under Hugh’s control but more palatable than a strong Jungist, or Hugh himself. Despite being Catholic and a vassal state of the Bohemians, a secret alliance was formed between the two men, and according to rumors, Hugh had seduced Catherine of Palatine to further gain information and influence over the court. George I, deposed ruler and Hugh’s ally, would be slighted by the state of affairs. Hugh had luckily appointed a bishop of the region from among his confidants, Roger Gagern, who blackmailed George into staying in-line after discovering evidence of him breaking religious customs. Ultimately Eduard von Metilstein, a grandson of the Thin White Duke and a conservative representative, would secure the position of president, calling for recovery and non-intervention.
- Empire of Japan: As the Ningbo trade incident finally ends as the core of the Wokou piracy issues have been fully taken care of, the issue of Daimyo illicitly trading outside of the purview of the Zaibatsu is addressed. Emperor Kenshiro takes a hard stance practically yelling in the floor of the Imperial Diet. There is some offense taken by many of the upper tier daimyo feeling absolutely insulted by the Emperors hardline stance as well as his total breach in Etiquette. This, however, is shut up extremely quickly in a heated debate as the Emperor and his Kampaku Sora Soga point out a clear and gaping hole in the nations treasury, the marring of national prestige and he even goes as far to say "You speak to me of etiquette when you go to the Great Chinese Empire to trade illegally and ended up killing hundreds if not thousands of people in your illegal trade dispute." This is met with murmers from the Diet and then complete silence as Emperor Kenshiro walks to the center of the Hall of Diet and leaves two swords. He then says "if you wish to accuse me of not following tradition then you should follow tradition yourself. Regain your honor cowards." The two Daimyo are left speechless as their emperor and his retinue leave the great hall. The silence is finally broken as the rest of the Diet having been just as annoyed with the Ningbo incident calls for the Hosokawa and Tetsuko representatives to commit the act of Seppuku a rare act for high lords these days. As the night rolls over the capital, three ranking members of the Diet bring the Noble Seals (used in approving legislature and an official symbol of their involvement in the government) as well as their swords. The Seals and the Swords of the two dead daimyo are packaged and sent off to the Emperor of China as proof of the Emperors actions in rectifying the horrific Ningbo incident on top of the Indemnity paid a few years back, and Japanese committment with clearing the Wokou from the seas around China, Japan, and Korea. With this out of the way, Emperor Kenshiro meets with a cadre of the Zaibatsu and the Imperial Diet seeking to find a way to prevent illicit trade. The Red Seal system is devised essentially creating a series of official documents stamped with a unique Red wax seal giving the Zaibatsu and lesser trade guilds official right to operate trade using these documents. They look to implement the process over a five-year period to give time for the necessary bureaucratic and administrative work to be done. The idea behind this remains to more fully control Trade under government umbrella effectively not changing how foreign trade is conducted by the Zaibatsu or trade guilds but moreso prevent the Daimyo or other aristocratic groups from trading illicitly outside the dominant system without a Res Seal permit. A trade ship blown off course in the Azuma Archipeligo discovers a nearby chain if islands with a small group of natives numbering a few hundred. Named Palau the Island chain is named as such and regardless of the natives attitudes, the Islands of the Palau island chain are claimed for the empire of Japan. The two small islands just south of Japan, known for a significant amount of time are finally properly claimed for the empire as well. The development of the Palabag outpost continues as its proximity to nearby Azuma polities using its position as a stopping point for more localized trade. As the expansions within Arasakura continues the Sapporo Zaibatsu funds an expedition of 300 samurai aided by local Japanese navigators to claim and delineate proper boundaries for the Japanese territory in that region. The hope is to establish a small coastal roadway connecting all the outposts similar to the ones that currently exist in the siberian settlements. The growing urbanization rate leads to a series of issues regarding city sanitation as well as a lack of available work prompting many of these people to seek ways to travel to other locations within the empire. With a need for workers near the small village of Raijin by the Kensei order chapter roughly 200 people are sponsored by the order to head toward Raijin. Many more go to some of the more unsettled lands of Japanese manchuria taking advantage of the growing need for labor along the coast with the sea of Japan. Seeing more need to cut back the navy from its prior force the Imperial navy scrap about 50 more warships to line up with maintenance estimates. After decades of the money lending sector having established itself and maintained a serious presence in the economy, the Banking clans are fully established as five main banking clans, with each banking clan having established its presence on one of the major islands of Japan.The Yukinao, Katakane, Koremasa, Michimoto, Sukenao clans have officially established their dominance in banking on the main islands. The only outlier territory remaining more reliant on the Imperial government authorizing loans are the Manzhu provinces and their lack of an established banking clan in the territory. However, a moderately-sized clan handling some money lending operations in the Capital region, the Tokikane clan is given an imperial charter as well as a Gold seal permit to authorize their establishment of a banking sector locally in Manzhuguo.
- Saxony: Edmund Alwin decides to make some marriage offers this year. Hearing that Peter III of Geneva-Lenzburg is back in the country, he offers to wed his cousin Henrietta Edwardina de la Marck (b. 1499) to Peter's son William V (b. 1502). Edmund Alwin will provide a dowry of various lands in the Holy Roman Empire, which will allow Peter and his family to resettle in the Empire. Henrietta Edwardina is also willing to convert to whatever religion Peter and his son so desire. (Mod Response). Edmund Alwin would also like to wed his grandson Wolfgang Alwin de la Marck (b. 1411) to the King of Portugal's daughter Maria of Portugal (b. 1513) (Once again, Wolfgang is willing to convert). (Portugese Response). Meanwhile, having voted for Hansea gaining electoral status recently, Edmund Alwin requests a number of Saxon noblemen and explorers take part in the founding of a colony in the New World (Hanseatic Response). Meanwhile, Gustav Jung, the Bishop of Saxony, who had disappeared for several years but has recently resurfaced, was at first initially delerious. However, after taking several years to recover, he has recounted he was and felt lost for many years, but then, several days after the Thin White Duke had died (or disappeared), Gustav Jung recounted that Jung had met the Thin White Duke whilst walking along a pathway. The Thin White Duke had appeared to him, and had instructed him to return to Saxony to continue the good work of Jungism. The Thin White Duke, then, Christ-like, ascended to Heaven before Gustav Jung's very astonished eyes. Or so he says. This contributes to the great and growing cult of the Thin White Duke, and he begins to be viewed as a second Christ figure, in the Saxony area at least.
- Mali Empire: The "Neo Classical" movement of art in Mali reaches its peak this year, during the early career of the architect Jombo ka Uthman, commonly known as Jombo the Fair. Jombo was most famous of incorporating styles of High Islamic art from Andalusia and Egypt into the Mosques he designed for Mali. He is also commonly cited for the use of Roman columns of the Romanesque style, although its also argued these columns are similar to the early Rashidun architecture. The "Victory Mural" he painted a few years later, while still adhering to the rules of early Islamic art, is often compared to the arch of the Parthenon. In the New World, Abd Al-Muttalib stablized the settlements of Kambina with a sustainable plantation economy backed by Nigerian slaves. This year, he also begins exploiting the local resources of sugar. Generally speaking, however, the Malian nobles are frustrated by how radically different this new environment is, where none of the familiar flora or fauna are the same. Muttalib himself can tell that ongoing settlement in the region will be unsustainable without expansion of land. Abd Al-Muttalib (a leader) launchs an attack against the Caetes tribal people, using an expeditionary force of 800 troops to subjugate the neighboring tribes (algo request). This expedition comes from the elite, limited military from western Mali, armed with their own basic matchlock guns and heavily armored, combined with traditional lancer cavalry, and one field cannon. Back in Jolof, the cartographer Jalut Kujabi published his own, largely-conjectured map of the continent of Meridia, based on the explorations and theories circulating at the time. He was surprisingly close to reality, although he connected Cape Horn down to Terra Australias, and extended the Amazon River to cut the continent in half. Jalut was convinced, as many people were, that the "Empire of Abu Bakr" was to be found on that continent, as described in the legends of Sanbao the Sailor. In Jalut's map, interestingly, he placed Abu Bakr as located on the western coast, which would have corresponded to the Inca Empire. In Europe, Khalil's team was doing quite well until the sudden foul called against them, which seemed dubious to the eyes of everyone involved. Arnold, the Almost Omnivorous, becomes very curious where these referees get their mysterious bias from. He quietly follows the specific referee that called on Khalil's foul, late that night, and tries to spy on him for any suspicious or unusual activity of any kind. At the same time, the philosopher Yahya Mamamoo travels further in Germany, interested in hearing some of the newer philosophies in Europe that Mali has very limited contact with. He travels to Thuringia to ask about the ideas of Jungism. (Jungist response).
- Georgia: The Georgian Asiatic Company's second expedition to India returns with a cargo of sugar, spices, high-quality silk and cotton, and dyes. However, it still failed in trying to establishing formal trade relations with India. With a shift from overland trade to the Black Sea trade, Armenians continue to lose their control over commerce - with ethnic Georgians already forming the majority of merchants in Georgia's coastal provinces of Guria, Adjara, Samegrelo, and Abkhazia. Nathan begins expelling Armenians from eastern Georgia - especially from Tbilisi and the environs, as well as the regions of Javakheti and Lori. He invites Georgian merchants from the west to fill their place. The Armenians are relocated to Western Armenia or to the Muslim-majority provinces of Syria, Iraq, and Azerbaijan (Armenians form the single largest ethnic group in Tabriz, the primary capital). Meanwhile, Nathan convenes the Second Council of Ruisi-Urbnisi, condemning Armenian Miaphytism in stronger terms than before. Nathan also bars members of the Armenian Apostolic Church from holding public office in Eastern Armenia; as a result, the Armenian elite there is replaced by ethnic Georgians or Armenian converts to Orthodoxy. Queen Ana bears twins - a son named Levan, and a daughter named Karolina. The Georgian economy continues to thrive. Silk, wool, cotton, wine, and citrus-fruit are exported; as well as carpets, ceramics, and jewelry. Textiles production in Western Georgia booms due to its access to Black Sea trading routes (via the ports of Sokhumi, Poti, and Batumi), and its proximity to where raw silk (Western Georgia) and cotton (Aras basin) are produced. The arts - poetry, dance, polyphonic singing, the making of frescoes, mosaics, and miniatures - flourish.
- Majapahit Empire: Raja Manputjiya II has became old, the 51-year-old Raja abdicates his throne to his grandson Pi, a young 19-year-old teen who is far more devoute Buddhist than his father, the mahayana Buddhists teen who believes in peace and non harmony, he declares that the restoration of Majapahit as an empire is needed, so he renames himself Emperor or "Trag". This emperor ambitions to bring back the glory of Majapahit as a maritime empire is seen, to fulfill that he would focus more to archive that. The 25-year-old admiral Adji Supandi is appointed governor of the new named Powu outpost in western Sulawesi, he would regard the administration affairs of the oupost and complete the building of the large port who enters it second year of construction, some settlers have decided to head back reducing the outpost population to less than 5,000 people who settled there. The repairs of the irrigation systems in the rice terraces near mountains takes it tenth year in Demak and it 3rd year in Blambgan as Demak irrigation systems repairs and near to be finished, with infrastructure improvements and fortifications of many major cities in Java island focusing on building a fortresses to ensure Majapahit core of Java to be safe in Trolouwan, 600 labors for this year shall be sent to begin a fortress building near Trouwlan Majapahit. With the expert Javanese gunsmiths finally managing to make the first matchlock firearm of the arquebus, as a start 800 matchlocks shall be ordered to be made in order to upgrade our arsenals as we adapt the newly purchased matchlocks from the Europeans to be used in citie garrisons and capital Garrison, with the Javanese arquebus given to local militias in the rual areas of Java and timor in order to keep the area safe, the Isntingars that Ayutthaya handed us are reaserched to obtain the way it is manufactured after Ayutthaya gave the permission to do so in order to hand back the 1,500 instingars respecting the agreement. The Majapahit aristocractic Corp of arms shall be created with around 1,000 cavalry units armored with the best SEA armor additional to the European armor purchased. They will be our elite Corp of troops with the armor be bullet proofed and heavy to any sowrd or spear stab ,leading the army in any unhilly area of the Indonesian archipelago.
- Mahayarda of Timor: population reaches 270,000, the trade begins to appear more intensively with the Portuguese a city started to appear called Pambri (OTL Kupang) with 12,000 people as residents. The annual tribute is given additional to the portion of taxes.
- Powu:the population reaches 3,400 after many settlers got back to their home, Adji Supandi finances the construction of the port that enters the second year of construction, 200 Majapahit merchants come to settle and trade for two years as they say, Adji Supandi sends an annual supply of five Djrongs each carrying 30 tons of rice to supply the residents of the outpost, trade with the indegious people started to appear more common.
- Dai Viet: The construction of Cửu Trùng Dài has come to and end. Finally, after ten years of construction, the magnificent palace has been finished. With nine stories tall and a beautiful scenery besides the West Lake, this will surely give Dai Viet in general and the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long in particular will have a magnificent construction for centuries to come. Sadly however, the late Emperor could not witness the finish of the construction, as he has unfortunately passed away. He took the temple name of Lê Anh Tông and is remembered as a great monarch of Dai Viet, who established great change in the country. The Complete Annals of Dai Viet wrote: "His Majesty pacified the realm, established alliances, built Cửu Trùng đài and improved the economy, he was truly a great ruler among the realm." Without an heir, and with his only two daughters have been married away to foreign realms, and his male relatives have all deceased and the court was in chaos with no worthy heir for the throne. Ultimately, to prevent the aristocratic clans from ruining the country and bring this country into a civil war, it was came into the conclusion that King Photisarath of Lan Xang, the protectorate of Dai Viet, having married to the Emperor's daughter, shall be given the throne in Dai Viet. This ultimately ended the reign of the Lê dynasty. This, however, is not agreed by Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm, advisor of the court. Seeing his advices not being taken, he angrily retires from court duties and went back to his hometown. Photisarath ascends to the throne, and established the Personal Union between Dai Viet and Lan Xang. The general amnesty is granted to the realm. This is seen by the Viet as a similarity of Empress Lý Chiêu Hoàng and First Emperor of the Trần dynasty, Trần Thái Tông's situation. With that, the 100-year reign of the Lê dynasty in Dai Viet has come to an end, as the Khun Lo dynasty came into power in Dai Viet. With him coming into power, a Free Trade Agreement is made between the two realms of Dai Viet and Lan Xang with merchants of both nations free to trade in markets without the expense of taxes. As a devoted Theravada Buddhist, he also sees to slowly remove the Confucian faith and focus on the Theravadan faith but with many people in Dai Viet practicing the Mahayanan faith this progress could not be done. Moreover, as a foreign monarch he also ought to have the support and loyalty of all estates and that could affect the loyalty of the clergy. Even so is that Dai Viet’s culture is heavily affected by the Confucian faith so keeping the culture distinct is how he will keep the people not despite him. He declare not to alter Dai Viet’s culture and traditions and hope the nobility estate will support him. The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long has already been renovated to prevent assassinations during the reign of Emperor Le Thanh Tong, but seeing his possibilities of that happening, he tightened securities like how Cao Cao did. Vũ Như Tô is seen as a genius architect by Photisarath and is ordered to build the Thiên Mụ Pagoda in Huế with funds and management by the Southern institution, with hopes of converting some into Buddhism. Contacts are made to Sdach Korn to see if he were able to find the Imperial Sword or not. (RNG Mod Response). Regardless of him finding the sword or not, the Vietnamese-backed coup still happens, to dethrone Ang Chan. (RNG Mod Response). Photisarath himself also pays three visits to Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm’s cottage to convince him to return to his advisor profession. The situation in Ava is tough but not much could be done due to the distance between the two countries’ borders.
- Sdach Korn found the Imperial Sword, and his subsequent coup against Ang Chan in Cambodia succeeds, though not without some significant bloodshed and loss of troops for his faction.
- Papal States: Pope Lucius IV continues to support the Counter-Reformation and reinforce the Inquisition. This year is published a new Catechism of the Catholic Church. This Catechism is a reviewed version of the Catechism of Clemente VI and is in accordance with the decrees of the Council of Trent. Due to this it's named as Tridentine Catechism. Together with the works of Johann von Eck and the book of Thomas More, the Tridentine Catechism is extensively printed by the Pontifical Roman Press and spread to the Catholic nations. The Tridentine Catechism is adopted by the Jesuits in their preaching. Joseph of Iona is welcomed by Lucius IV In Rome. A monastery of the Ionian Order is organized in the city and a church for the order is planned to be build there. Michelangelo continues painting the frescos in the Gregorian Chapel while the Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuild. The Celestial Court, the fresco in the ceiling of the Gregorian Chapel, causes a great impact over the artistic community of the Papal States. Many discussions about this fresco happens in the Roman Academy, with the artists talking about the illusions of limitless space presents in the Celestial Court. Carlos Habsburg Della Rovere is appointed as the new Captain-General of the Church. Together with Cardinal General Comissary Pietro Accolti and Cardinal Chancellor Cristoforo Spiriti, he creates a program to modernize the military of the Papal States. The program is approved by Pope Lucius IV and the modernization of the military begins. The Arsenal of Orvieto is modernized and prepared to produce modern weapons. The Arsenals of Ostia and Civitavecchia are also modernized, being prepared to produce modern ships and weapons. The military centers of the Papal States are also modernized. The Jesuits continue to preach and to do acts of charity. Jose Miguel Sambuesa and five other Jesuits travel to Venice, seeking to establish the Order there. Benedetto Comella and seven other Jesuits travel to Florence, also seeking to establish the Order there. The Servants of Jesus also continue doing missionary work and charitable works. Magdalene Habsburg Della Rovere seeks to establish a place where she and the other nuns can teach the Catechism for children in Monte San Giovanni Campano. The nuns of this order start to be called as Servines by the population. Both Orders accept the invitation to establish themselves in England. Pablo of Boudeaux travel with five other Jesuits to establish the Society of Jesus in England and Quiteria Habsburg Della Rovere also travels to England with a group of four Servine nuns. Catherine Habsburg Della Rovere marries the Count of Gorizia. In Rome, Anne Habsburg Della Rovere marries William V of Geneva-Lenzburg. Yolande Habsburg Della Rovere decides to join the Order of Saint Clare to become a Clarisse. Maximilian Habsburg Della Rovere and Mary Boleyn have twins: two girls that are named Catherine and Anna. Other births happen in the Habsburg Della Rovere Family: Maria Giovanna and Paolo Crescenzi have a daughter named Luchina; Philip and Anne Beaufort have a son named Carlos; Carlos and Isabella von Lenzburg have a daughter named Margaret. Mary Boleyn meets with her sisters-in-law Magdalene and Margaret during a mass at the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano. Mary becomes impressed with the works of the Servants of Jesus and decides to give financial aid to the order. With Mary’s help, the Servines are able to create in Monte San Giovanni Campano a center to teach the Catechism to the children. This year the Holy Father creates as cardinal Alvin of Reginier-Barcelona (Spain). Pope Lucius IV also declare as Saints Catherine of Vadstena and Leopold III, Margrave of Austria.
- Republic of Ancona: The Elders of Ancona approves the modernization of the Republic’s navy. The Jesuits continue preaching in the Republic.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. With the war against Slavakia ending in a tie with nothing happening thats super important our military goes in for round two. From the reserve another 5,000 troops are added to our existing 9,628 troops. Then Poland aids us 5,000 troops of their own. In total we stand at 19,628 to Slovakia's army of 6,162. (Algo Response).
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania: Universities and schools have been built throughout the nations to increase the education. More military academies were built to make better and more efficient soldiers. The king and the nobles also agreed to send 5,000 soldiers to support its ally Hungary. The king has also been interested in Holy Roman Empire's affair.
- Hungary Diplomacy: We send the King a nice gift in exchange for helping us with our war.
- Kingdom of Portugal: The king travels to Zanzibar where he inaugurates the construction of Fort Zanzibar which will serve as the headquarters for the 1,000-strong Portuguese garrision there. They are given orders to help rebuild the city and the infrastructure. In addition, he tells the sultan that the Portuguese will allow them a high degree of autonomy as long as they are loyal to the Portuguese governor. However, on his way home, the king suffers a short illness and dies on his way .His death comes as a shock to the people as he was healty. He is suceeded by his 13-year-old daughter, Maria, who becomes Queen Maria I of Portugal. Her name is seen as an upset by some of the nobility as they see Cirí being a more fitting name.
- Tsardom of Russia: Trading posts continue to pop up in the frontier region as merchants carrying supplies set up shop to supply trappers, eho continue to push into the frontier region in the Uralic region. All infrustructure projects continue. More Diaks are trained and given jobs inthe ever expanding state apparatus used to run the day to day affairs of the state. reconsturction of the Kremlin of Kazan continues, as settlement in the region grows. Mining and agricultural activities pickup steadily. Nikolay Turgenev continues working on his new work the Sword, the pen, and the cross. The Kniaz of Finland is granted made a Boyar of Dimitry II's court following his marriage to the Tsar's niece Anna, and efforts to integrate the small princedom into The Russian administration continue. Turgenev's make an effort to build ties with local leaders in the Orthodox/Rus' communities in the lands of the former Princedoms of Galicia, and Polotsk in the lands of the commonwealth to improve trade and communication within these communities with Dimitry's court in Kiev. (mod response).
- The Nobles of Galicia accept, while the nobles of Polotsk refuse outright citing their loyalty to the Commonwealth and wait for direction from Warsaw. -Feud.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": The RHC uses two sloops are used to one more visit the Tegesta and Geyga tribe. (Tequesta and Jaega). This visit being by to the peninsula is done by RHS Jean and RHS Big, the voyage being led by the governor of Hemelstrand and Kaaie Hieken Dirk Govaerts. The 54-year-old governor he wanted to lead this voyage as to ensure his relations with the tribes, as news reached of great amounts of disease in these lands. Dirk also wanted to get his 22-year-old adopted son Paul Govaerts used to the job, as he plans on having his son as the future Governor. As law of RHC Sucession has yet to be put onto paper thus allowing some play of the law and general merchant rules. Dirk Ariving after only a couple of days, where he sees the tribes in reduced numbers. The Number of Tegesta and Jaega being estimated at 2,500 in total while the enemy Kaloesa (Calusa) is estimated at 5,000. The Tribes being around equally hit by the so-called Pale face plague, as the tribes did not know how to handle the disease. The men reporting with big dots on their bodies and unable to perform any form of work, the tribemen often dying close to their family. While in the Broekzand peninsula, Dirk introduced some pigs to the land, as to ensure food supplies for both the Tegesta and Geyga tribe. Dirk now offers to once more an alliance to the Tegesta and Geyga now that news reaches of the Kaloesa wanting to attack. (Mod Response). The Kaloesa being bitter enemies of the Tegesta-Geyga alliance, the Kaloesa being known as very agresive. The Dirk being disgusted at the news that Kaloesa Kings take their sisters as their wives, which he sees as barbaric. Thus after returning to palm paradijs Govaerts write the RHC board of directors of the awfull barbarism of the Kaloesa and their incest. While in Lotharingia proper, "Шульгская пивоварня" produces their first proper Vodka Water, which soon gains popularity. The Vodka even being drunk by Juliaen de Kremer and King John VI due to the strong effects of the drink. While in Klaesstad, first trade and items begin to be traded back to Kruidenpoort and other cities in asia.
- This alliance is accepted
- Kingdom of Bohemia: The nation seeks to preserve its alliance with Hungary and Poland, but with the invasion of Slovakia, some Imperial forces are called to protect that area not from Bohemia. Within the Kingdom of Bohemia the army stands guard in preparation to defend against any incursion from Jungist forces.
- Roman Empire: The expansion of Greek culture into Dobruja and Tyras continues at speed. Greek colonists bring with them new ideas, new technologies, and new traditions. The native Romanian nobility, long since integrated into the Greek system, disseminate these new ideas to their people. Intermarriage of Greek men with Romanian women becomes very common and the population grows increasingly Greek-speaking. The vast economic opportunities afforded by the poldering efforts draw poor Romanian and Greek farmers together in constructing vast networks of irrigation and water-management. These laborers plant fields together, share meals together, and while some tensions exist, the shared Roman ideals allow for the peaceful mixture of culture. Euergetism, the ancient social responsibility of the wealthy, resurfaces in Greek society as Hellenist merchants compete to display their wealth through the sponsorship of public games and buildings. The exceptionally wealthy merchants of Constantinople spend lavishly on communal urban improvements. The popularity of the practice spreads rapidly under the influence of the enviable merchants of the capital. Across the coastal regions of the empire, wealthy individuals and groups sponsor new construction. Baths, churches, and libraries come under construction throughout the Aegean as the practice continues its rise. Reduced food prices led to pressure to innovate for farmers. Several improved seed drills are developed throughout this decade and can be commonly found throughout the empire. The competition sees the consolidation of many farms into larger plots with fewer farmers. Those displaced by the economic changes flee to cities where they find work as day laborers, in construction, or take up a trade. Prince Godfried rises in the ranks of the Tagmata. He drills constantly with the soldiers, but can still be found reading at all hours of the day. At his suggestion, Kaisar-Autokrat Herodotus II expands the Tagmata. 5,000 more men are raised for a standing professional core of 12,000 men. This army is standardized with each formation re-grouped. The Varangian Guard, the Taurican Guard, and the Esovestiarii each consist of 4,000 modern Kataphraktos. Each man is equipped with a lance, a partial suit of armor including a breastplate and Nicean helm, and a wheellock carbine. These veteran soldiers are employed by the state and serve as guardsmen, enforcers, and aids to the administration during peacetime. Though nominally military in nature the extensive use of the Tagmata as a tool of state power has seen it grow increasingly political
- Oman: Oman would leave its protection on the Maldives. Meanwhile, we would be slowing down our trade in order to stay neutral fearing competition with Europe. With this nothing much change in our nation. The population of the Maldives would grow into 25,000. Other than that nothing changed in our great nation watching the chaos of the world in actions.
- Vinland: We recover from the war. Anger boils over with the murder of Frenchmen living in Hallberg. Eric Kuis welcomes a son into his family who he names Fredrik.
- The Spanish Empire: As Giorno Giovanna proves his worth as General in the Huastec Empire, Elvin is pleased to hear about his daughter's command. In reaction to the conclusion of the Portuguese Naval War, Elvin calls the Portugues Crown weak for disgracing her own navy after being at the cusps of victory. Cynthia readies to face the Triple Alliance with new supply. The lower ranks of the Huastec Military defect to the Spanish Side as Cynthia pledges the empires of old will be destroyed and a new one under the right command of our lord will prevail. She promises them titles of rule and command of their own rallied troops with their pledge and alliance bonded by blood to pledge loyalty to his majesty's army (mod response). With new supply, the army receives more arquebusiers and plate armor. Her husband Osberto falls ill and returns to Veracruz. 16 more cannons and 1,000 more men arrive. They are comprised of 250 cavalrymen, 150, pikemen, 350 arquebusiers, 200 crossbowmen, and 50 cannonmen. These new units quickly link up and are led by Pedro Alverado as a substitute for Osberto's lead. General Giovanna marches forward with three different Spanish organized units of equal strength. The Triforce formation is formed as the Native armies learn more European tactics of organization to march into Tolocan going through the Toluca Valley. Among their ranks, Giorno Giovanna aligns himself with someone who he deems to be like a brother in arms after years together "El Jefe" becomes his name amongst the ranks of the Spanish Aligned armies. Nonetheless, the first battle against the triple alliance arrives at the City of Tolocan. Knowing an army would likely face them from within the city, the city is cut off from supplies from the valley as small Spanish garrisons would go out to administer the areas with crops and prevent the flow of revenue into the capital as the fertile lands are stripped from the city. In addition, one of the new recruits caught smallpox which would likely spread through the Toluca Valley (mod request). With the city under siege, Cynthia decides after three weeks that if they wait too long, the Aztecs and others would likely be joining with even more men to prevent the fall of the city to his majesty's army. The Mexica People have proven to have a history to not attack at night. They would wait until nightfall and proceed their assault. On a starry night on May 15th, The Spanish Forces storm the city to the surprise for the commander's organized. Cazetec, a leading warrior would organize the defenders five points in the cities, four corner armies and one at the center where the palace sits. In this fashion they can try to use city streets to rain down arrows, spears, and blades. Unfortunately to Cazetec, Giorno Giovanna had already planned out the triforce forces would move in blocks to secure the outer city so that the interior can be stormed by its own army. This leads to chaos abroad but an opening where brutal fighting with His Majesty's Army and the forces of Tolocan would meet. The city which had been smoldering from raids and destruction and now facing disease would have the palace surrounded with heavy fighting outside. One Spanish Block would be lost being routed with many slaughtered and two cannons dismantled. Giovanna could do nothing at this point but hope the other units in the city would relieve the battle outside the palace soon. Cynthia with the Cavalry would arrive on horseback though after relieving the western portion of the city. She without hesitation would lead a charge of cavalry that would slice through the ranks of the city's army and ride into the palace to personally decapitate their pagan leader. With Cynthia leading the cavalry charge, the 3rd block led by Pedro Alverada would wipe out the remaining outer-city warriors. The rest of the units at this point can focus on the palace. The men within seeing what had become of the city would with honor face Cynthia's army head on. "Someone commend these warriors bravery" she would follow up saying after directly shooting a man's head after seizing one of the arquebusiers firearm. The Tolocan leader is taken as prisoner. The following morning as "La Noche de Estrellas" (The Night of the Stars) concludes, Cynthia takes up the leader up one of the pyramids and charges him with treason. Such high crimes against the empire and king would be charged with death. A clap of thunder can be heard from the back as an afternoon thunderstorm would roll in. The clap of thunder would shoot a bolt of lightning down revealing behind her what could only be recognized as a beast in the clouds as she would drive the blade into the man and his head would come down.
- Kingdom of England: Having forced the soldiers supporting Edward VII of York to retreat from London, King Richard IV of England decides not to pursue them to their stronghold at St. Albans in western Hertfordshire, but rather switches his attention to his other rivals, specifically the Lancastrian takeover of his former seat, Cambridge. King Richard IV gathers a large fraction of the Richardian soldiers that had been defending against the siege of London and then personally leads them out of London, northeast through eastern Hertfordshire and then into Cambridgeshire. Henry Percy, 5th Earl of Northumberland is left as the main Richardian administrator in London. At the city of Cambridge, King Richard IV's army clashes with the Lancastrian battalions of Suffolk and Essex, led by John de la Pole, 3rd Duke of Suffolk and John Tuchet, 2nd Earl of Essex, but the battle soon grinds into a stalemate. Meanwhile, in St. Albans, Edward VII of York and his brother Henry of York, Duke of Clarence resupply and replenish the Yorkist troops of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Shropshire and parts of Yorkshire. Edward VII of York receives no official response to the diplomacy he sent to King Edward IV of Scotland, but the Edwardians do manage to recruit the aid of a Scottish mercenary company led by one Alexander Anderson. In Portsmouth, Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset; John de Vere the not-Earl; and John Bourchier, 11th Baron FitzWarin gather their Lancastrian troops from Somerset, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire and also decide to march toward London. The Duke of Somerset's army heads northeast from Portsmouth into Surrey. At the town of Farnham in western Surrey, they run into Yorkist soldiers stationed there by Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk, whose family also holds the Earldom of Surrey, though the Duke himself is not nearby. The Lancastrians manage to defeat the relatively small Yorkist force at Farnham, though not without one notable casualty: Henry Beaufort (1504-1526), the eldest son of Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset and a minor commander in the army. The battle of Farnham also delays the Duke of Somerset's army enough that they are not able to reach London before the end of 1526. The ongoing domestic conflicts in England have decreased domestic trade and thus negatively affected the economy, but in order to help the economy recover as soon as possible the English Parliament continues engaging with international maritime traders, benefitting from the fact there is no fighting near the major ports of Essex and Kent at the moment. The English clergy welcome the Jesuits and Servines that have travelled to England from Rome. Edward Stafford, 3rd Earl of Wiltshire (b. 1493) marries Ursula Pole (b. ~1504), sister of the young priest Reginald Pole. Edmund Grey, 4th Earl of Kent and Joanna Habsburg-della Rovere have their second child, a son named George (b. 1526); Edward of York and Maria Habsburg-della Rovere have their first child, a daughter named Frances (b. 1526). In Europe, Meinhard IX, Count of Gorizia and Catherine Habsburg-della Rovere have their first child, a son named Engelbert V (b. 1526); and Konrad von Lenzburg and Eleanor Habsburg-della Rovere have their first child, a daughter named Agnes (b. 1526). Margaret of Geneva-Lenzburg (1465-1526), wife of Aymon II, Duke of Savoy and a distant relative of the Plantagenets, dies of natural causes.
In Cambodia, Sdach Korn managed to overthrow King Ang Chan, but he lost most of his troops in the process. His political position is now decidedly tenuous as several counter-revolts appear in Cambodia, and he appeals to Dai Viet or any other nations sympathetic to him to send him military aid to help him strengthen his position and stabilise Cambodia.
In Rome, Ulrich VIII, Duke in Exile of Lenzburg (1470-1527) dies of a disease. As his only child predeceased him, the title of Duke in Exile passes to his brother Burkhard (b. 1478).
Emperor Babur al-Mo'h, or simply the "Emperor of Darkness", continues his conquest of Northern India, decisively defeating Gurkani armies at Dholpur.
The damage inflicted on French prestige and its economy by its adventurism abroad turns the nobles against such frivolous spending. They protest any aggressive naval rebuilding or colonial adventurism and insist that the king focus on restoring the domestic strength of France.
A man in Germany accidentally shoots a prostitute in the chin with a pistol. Considered to be the earliest recorded firearm accident. A larger arquebus capable of penetrating plate armor known as the musket appears in Europe.
- Saxony: Henriette Ingeborg de la Marck dies in childbirth, giving birth to two twins: Roger and Edmundina Ingeborg. Wolfgang de la Marck (b. 1489) has two more children, one with each of his two wives: they are named Frederick, and Edmund Alwin. Clementia de la Marck has a child, named Roger John. Edmund de la Marck, the former Count of Waldeck, has a son named Joseph, but it is later discovered this was a daughter, and she was renamed Josephine (just to make things especially confusing). Meanwhile, Edmund Alwin, the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony, asks the Hnaseatic League if some Saxon explorers and noblemen will be allowed to accompany Hansea on their next voyage to the New World. (Hanseatic Response). Meanwhile, Saxony sends some Jungists east, to Alexandria, and also to Russia. Peter Meise turns up, although as historical records proof invariably that Meise died several years ago, this new Meise is considered a reincarnation. Deciding to send Meise on a
suicidesecret mission to Russia, Edmund Alwin instructs him to found an Eastern Jungist Church there, but to keep it secret for now. Meanwhile, Edmund Alwin would like to propose his grandson's hand in marriage to Maria, Queen of Portugal: Joseph Alwin de la Marck (b. 1509), it is thought, would make a good king, or at least a Prince Consort. He is not the sovereign of another state, so the throne of Portugal would not be usurped into personal union with another country, and Joseph Alwin would convert his religion. (Portugese Response). Henrietta Edwardina de la Marck is born to Wenceslaus IV.
- Empire of Dai Viet-Lan Xang: Seeing Sdach Korn’s situation, Emperor Photisarath immediately orders 18,000 men to assist Sdach Korn’s faction in defeating the rebels and pacifying and consolidating Cambodia. (Algo Needed). Sdach Korn has gotten his hands on the Royal Sword, Preah Khan Reach, which affirms his legitimacy on the throne in Cambodia, and other revolt factions should have no legitimacy in dethroning him and the actions shall be viewed as a rebellion against the rightful king of Cambodia.
- Abbasid Caliphate: Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, after re-stablizing the Caliphate and it's territory, begins looking toward fulfillment in God's eyes. Inspired by the works of the House of Wisdom and the Abbasid Golden Age, translators are coalesced into the Great Library in an effort to translate works across all walks of life. In March, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman sends the Courtier of the Prince of the Mamlūk Knights, Mukhtar Abu Mostafa ibn Zahid al-Farsi, to negotiate with the Imam of Oman for the Imamate to become a vassal state of the Abbasid Caliphate. [Omani Response Needed]. Meanwhile, merchants and delegates from the Caliphate offer to pay a large sum for the leasing of a port from the Tian dynasty [Chinese Response Needed] and the leasing of a port from Majapahit, as well as offering them to become a protectorate of the Caliphate, which would allow them to exclusively trade with the Abbasid dynasty in Jeddah and provide the Majapahit with an abundance of resources to continue their internal developments and military conquests. [Majapahit Response Needed]. The Caliph sends additional delegates to Dai Viet, saying they will accept trade relations on the grounds of ceding a port city for the Caliphate. [Dai Viet Response Needed]. Meanwhile, Abu Hakim al-Edris would leave the port of Alexandria for Venice, traveling to the State of Thuringia in hopes of presenting the Thin White Duke with the Gospel of Judas after being inspired by the events that have unfolded in Europe, although unaware of the Duke's death. [Thuringia Response Needed]. Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman sends the Mamlūk Knights to meet with the Mansa of Mali in Niani to arrange the continuation of the caravan trade across the Sahara. [Mali/Morocco Response Needed]. Delegates sent to the Bengal Sultanate request that trade relations be formally opened between both nations, emphasized with the building of an official office for the Abbasid Caliphate in Chittagong and an office for the Bengal Sultan in Cairo. [Bengal Response Needed].
- Majapahit Dip: The Trag refuses all the offers, as he is strong enough to defend his empire as he have enough ressources and guns to buy from other foreigners.
- Dai Viet Dip: Offer respectfully declined.
- Majapahit empire:trade flourishes with the Portuguese and the Lotharingians and the rest of the European nations who reached SEA. The repairs of Demak's infrastructure and irrigation systems of rice terraces have came to an end with production taking place in Demak bringing us more rice products to be exported via India and China and Dai Viet and the Europeans. The production of matchlocks continues with the adaptation of the new gun still taking place in our armies and garrisons. Trag Pi have decided to build up a beautiful garden for his mother (Wife of Manputjiya II) as a sign of respect and trust, the garden shall have around 100 peacocks and a beautiful fountain in the center, constructions start next year. The production of Javanese arquebus will still take process in order to use that in our militia garrisons in villages and rual areas. With instingars still take place in reaserch the first prototypes take place to be produced next time. 1,000 Java arquebus will be brought to be used in Timor Garrison of Pambri city. Insfracture repairs still take place in Blambgan and enters it 3rd year in the process of repairing irrigation systems and cities and villages. Production of rice is growing In Java providing us with a wide good population growth to sustain and muster armies when needed in conquest and defense. The former Raja Manputjiya II goes on a hunting trip using his custom Isntingar. He mounts his white horse and goes on the hunt, during the hunt of a pegion he falls from his horse tragedly, his body Corp rushes to him to take him back to Trolouwan, it is reported that it is the heaviest fall he ever taken on a hunt trip, he falls sick in the bed. The annual supply of rice in Powu is increased in order to sustain and contribute to a large population growth.
- Powu: The population reaches 3,500 additional to 200 seasonal merchants that came early year, they say that they would stay for this year and gather products of huge quantities of spice from spice islands and then leave by the next year, Adji Supandi welcomes them to the outpost and hope they have a good stay, huge quantities of spice are being traded and purchased by the permanent resident merchants in the outpost, those huge quantities of spice will be shipped back to Javanese ports to be exchanged with the Europeans for a higher price. The port building takes it process entering the 3rd year of building, the annual rice supply is increased by 600 kgs. The trade with the indegious becomes more common.
- Mahayarda of Timor: The population reaches 270,300. Urbanization process begins with Pambri reaching 18,500 residents. The yarda (pronounced Jarda)of Timor Rebgng Serji declares that a defensive wooden wall should be built around Pambri with more households being built to sustain the urbanization of Timor. The first Garrison army is appointed by the yarda with 1,000 spear men (Timor hide style) to Garrison the city. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well. The trade with the Portuguese becomes more intensive.
- Mahayarda of Sebuirto archipelago: The population reaches 30,000. More huts appear in each island, the yarda Suito Teraj begins creating a coastal navy of 60 Djrongs to ensure the safe mobility between the islands. Trade appears to be more common with the Europeans. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well.
- Papal States: Pope Lucius IV continues to support the Counter-Reformation and reinforce the Inquisition. The Tridentine Catechism, the works of Johann von Eck and the book of Thomas More and the book of Joseph of Iona are extensively printed by the Pontifical Roman Press and spread to the Catholic nations. Michelangelo continues painting the frescos in the Gregorian Chapel. In one of the walls of the chapel, Michelangelo finishes the fresco named as Creation of Adam. The Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuilt. Artists start to mimic the artistic style used in the Celestial Court. Frescos with similar illusions of limitless space start be painted in some churches and palaces of the Papal State. Pope Lucius IV writes the bull Exponi Nobis that gives approval to the Congregation of Clerics Regular of the Divine Providence, which members are known as Theatines. The order was founded by Gaetano dei Conti di Thiene, Paolo Consiglieri, Bonifacio da Colle, and Giovanni Pietro Carafa in 1524, but only now received papal approval. The chief object of the order is to recall the clergy to an edifying life and the laity to the practice of virtue. The military and navy of the Papal States continues to be modernized. Seeking to create better defenses in Rome, Pope Lucius IV approves a project to fortify the walls of the city. The walls start to be fortified this year. The Jesuits continue to preach and to do acts of charity. The Servants of Jesus also continue doing missionary work and charitable works. The Servines also continue to teach children the Catechism. Margaret Habsburg Della Rovere writes to King Elvin of Spain asking to establish a convent of the Servants of Jesus in Spain and to teach the Catechism there. [Spain response needed, please]. The monastery of Saint Andrew is established in Rome. This monastery is under the control of the Ionian Order. The Clarisse Yolande Habsburg Della Rovere meets Maria Llorença Llong. Llong was born in Lleida, Spain, and joined the Order of Saint Clare after becoming a widow. She relocated to Naples and was in a pilgrimage in Rome, where she meets with Yolande. They become friends due to their mutual desire of re-establish the original concepts of being simple and humble in addition to poorness of spirit and adherence to the austerities of Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Clare of Assisi. The two nuns aren’t the only ones desiring to re-created the original concept of absolute poverty and dedication of the Franciscans, the Franciscan Matteo Serafini from Ancona start to say that he had been inspired by God with the idea that the manner of life led by the friars aren’t the one which their founder, Saint Francis of Assisi, had envisaged. He desires to return to the primitive way of life of solitude and penance, as practiced by the founder of their Order. He is followed by other friars that also desire to return to the Franciscan original concept. Due to the pressure of their religious superiors, Serafini and his friends are forced to flee. The Camaldolese monks give them refuge, while they wait an audience with Pope Lucius IV to explain their position. Ferdinand Habsburg Della Rovere and Laura Orsini have a daughter named Anna. Other births happen in the Habsburg Della Rovere Family: Maximilian and Mary Boleyn have a son named Rudolf; Henry and Anna von Lenzburg have a son named John; Barbara and Pirro Colonna have a daughter named Francesca; Joana and Giovan Battista Savelli have a son named Filippo. Niccolò Habsburg Della Rovere die this year, after having a life of piety and doing works of charity as a member of the Order of Divine Mercy. In Rome, Joan of Geneva-Lenzburg marries with Fabrizio Orsini. After investigations about miracles attributed to Ari V Sturlungur having concluded that these miracles are true, Pope Lucius IV declares him as a Saint. The Holy Father creates as cardinals Alessandro Farnese (Papal States) and Giovanni Pietro Carafa (Spanish Naples).
- Republic of Ancona: The modernization of the Republic’s navy continues. The Jesuits continue preaching in the Republic.
- Kingdom of Ayutthaya: With the final capitulation of the Muslim states in the Malay Peninsula and their annexation into Ayutthaya, the decision is made to completely subdue the region of an dissidents by Mingyi Nyo due to its history of consistent rebellion against Ayutthaya. Considering the nature of the Royalist faction that supported his takeover, he is unable to pursue a more extreme policy toward removing Islam from the region but the decision is made to lessen the ability of the local Muslims to continue revolting with the leaders of the revolt being executed publicly along side any prisoners taken as an example for all to witness. Ayutthayan troops have been ordered to garrison the area quite heavily with permission granted to use extreme force if a situation requires it to prevent any future revolts because of the Peninsula’s strategic position in controlling trade. The calls by Sdach Korn for aid have not gone unnoticed by Ayutthaya and an offer is made proposing that a force of 7,000 Ayutthayan troops will be provided to him to suppress the revolt on the condition that he does not involve himself in any future conflicts between Ayutthaya and Dai Viet secretly or not. (Mod Response).\ The students from the Civil College sent to study in Japan have at least begun to return and are assigned immediately to oversee the Malay Peninsula as administrators as the officials and nobles there are executed for their part in supporting the revolt. The Berat and Panta ships have at last been completed with their initial prototypes having been put to sea and other being commissioned by the Laksamana with the support of the Rama. The success of Sawlon in sacking Ava and placing his son in power is received with much interest by Mingyi Nyo who had not had time to worry about other things with the Malay revolt. He dispatches gifts to congratulate Sawlon on his success in overcoming Ava dynasty but Capital Defense Corps troops in the region are ordered to be on guard for Shan raiders who might take advantage of the chaos. The Krasuang Kalahom has begun the establishment of more fortifications and garrisons in the Malay region so that they can be permanently manned by Ayutthayan troops to strengthen Ayutthaya’s tenuous control over the region following its previous revolt. The news of Lan Xang merging with Dai Viet is received with some shock by the court as their long time rivals grow ever larger with the Penghuli Bendahari being ordered to divert the necessary funds to the Ayutthaya-Dai Viet border as a precaution and as a reaction to Dai Viet’s growth.
- Given that he already received a large army from Dai Viet, Sdach Korn is not willing to agree to the conditions on Ayutthaya's offer.
- Hanseatic League: This year, Georg Burkhart (b. 1448) passes away. The election for the Bürgermeister of Lübeck-Hamburg begins, with various members of the Burkhart family being the front-runners. In the end, Karl Burkhart is elected as the Grand Mayor of the two cities. Karl Burkhart has a naval background, much like his father, and has made the voyage to the West Indies himself many times. His first order of business is convening the rats and aldermen of the League together in the Tagfahrt of 1527. With fire in his veins, the Catholic Karl Burkhart (b. 1467) allies with the bishop of Bremen in his alliance to rid the Hanseatic League of Jungist elements. Though Thinwhitedukism's spread seems to be slowed by the spread of the Starckites, who preach a radical, apocalyptic view of the Hussite faith, the radical faith from Thuringia entices many peasants in Brunswick-Lüneberg. However, his tenure is cut short; Burkhart is found dead in his office in the middle of July. His death is one of the more well-documented cases of an aortic dissection; the diligently-Catholic administrator was here one moment and gone the next. His face is serene in death, making some Catholics believe that he was called into heaven. Another election is called. Karl's son Peter Burkhart (b. 1499) is elected as the new Grand Mayor of Lübeck and Hamburg. The relatively young Bürgermeister has been introduced to Jungist teachings and fights as fervently against their faith as his father had. He offers his sister Agnes (b. 1507) to be wed to the Prince of Oldenburg, intending to solidify the good relations between Oldenburg and the League. In Thuringia, the grasp of Thinwhitedukism seems to grip more and more of the German peasantry. Arnold Starck, who agrees with many of the teachings of this revolutionary sect, continues to dominate the hearts and minds of revolution-minded peasants. The teachings of the Thin White Duke, many of which are incompatible with very identity of the Hanseatic League and many of which provide rhetorical backing to the League, are discussed by many Protestant scholars within the League, but they are unable to come to a conclusion. These meetings are attended by Peter Burkhart himself, who does what he can to keep the Jungists in the League splintered politically and ideologically. Archbishop Hans Grueber of Bremen proposes to the Papal States that Peter Burkhart be named Defender of the Faith. (Mod Response needed) In other news, revenue from the Kontors throughout the Celtic Confederacy continue to rake in money. The League ignores Spain's claim to Meridia entirely, and establishes another settlement in mainland Colombia. Good relations with the Kaschïcks (caciques) of the region have allowed the Hanseatic League to establish reliable trade routes between the South Meridian and the Mesomeridian powers. The League sends Nicholas Sommer the Younger to establish relations with Muisca. He declares that the Holy Roman Emperor is the leader of many great men and that the Hanseatic League itself is an extension of the Empire, and that joining the League would guarantee protection from other European powers and make the Muisca rich beyond imagination. A similar proposition is sent to Potonchán, with whom the League already has friendly relations. (Mod Response Needed). In the meantime, ships land in Klaten on the island of Java. They propose the construction of a Kontor, which would be administered by the League and would allow Java to take a massive cut of European trade throughout the region. (player response needed).
- Papal Diplomacy: Pope Lucius IV agrees.
- Kingdom of Portugal: The regent sends another 200 men to help re-establish control of the tribes like Kilwa in mainland Zanzibar. Manwhile, the funeral of King Luis I takes place in Porto this year being attended by the queen mother and the royal grandmother. With nearly all of Porto's population watching his coffin. It is the biggest funeral in Portugal's history. In regards to the Hanseatic League the regent sends more funds to rapidly colonize more of Brazil and Santo Andre. The queen is said to have inherited her grandmother's beauty, her mothers smarts and her father's temper.
- Hesse: The nation pursues a policy of spreading Jungism across Germany, but also in defending the nation from other non-Catholic dissidents. The nation begins to integrate Waldeck and Ziegenhain, which were occupied or acquired through the chaos of the Thuringian conflict from Thuringia or Saxony. Several adventures occur with Peter III of Geneva and his son William, who moved to Switzerland some time ago, and are now in active competition with many scrupulous characters, such as Dolphus Thurn. The race to Vinland proves a dead end, despite Peter III’s men, Thurn’s men, and others being tricked into traveling there by those in Switzerland. The pope's imperialism is condemned.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. The military acquires a new gun called a musket that is now rapidly being put into our army's use since it can go through plate armor. With the war going on in Slovakia ending, it is declared a tie for both sides. Our army returns home to fight another day since they are tired.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": In the Groot Belgische Raad, some members begin to avocate for measures against the king and Catholicism. The Groot Belgische raad having 175 and with those around 20 begin to advocate for the removal of any religion within the raad. While a bigger faction of around 45 members do advocate to remove the official status of the Catholic, both of these members believing that Catholicisms official status will only led for more turmoil. The most extreme of extreme thinkers believing even that Catholicism is a ploy of the king and those wanting to keep the royal tyranny in place. These men are called the Luidmonden this faction being a small but very vocal fraction the Groote raad. While the Majority are either indifferent or want the problem to be solved over time to be decided by the people of Lotharingia and not decided by a political institution. The Moderates being led by the Saint Columbanus messengers and Catholic theologians such as Erasmus, These men, believing that not a change of church but change within the church should happen. These men, believing that Church should try to eliminate corruption and greed, and that having a more common mans aperance will be better then getting her overthrown. While on the opesite sides of the spectrum of religion, are the Zeeland ouddenkers. This being a small group in the County of Zeeland who desires the complete removal of any heretic ellements from Lotharingia and desire heretics to be punished. Although this group is the smallest of them all, is the most concentrated group. Almost all members being middelburgers, thus they have a lot of strength for their specific region. While in North Ruysch a Group of "Wagenaar famyljebedriuw" merchants and some Columbite followers found a town to which is west of a big River. These Merchant and mostly religious folks founding the town just west of a Vinlandic settlement (East River Quebec City), the town being called Kebeck after the Algonquin word for "where the river narrows". The Colony being founded by a man called Walter Smidszoon a Groninger 30-year-old Saint Columbanus messenger and explorer. The colony being founded both as a trading post and a place for the Saint Columbanus messengers to found a land with their rules and idealism. While in Hemelstrand the RHC and Dirk govaert and his adopted son Paul Govaerts hear the news the Tegesta and Geyga have accepted an alliance against the Kaloesa.
- Kingdom of England: King Richard IV of England continues to try to besiege the city of Cambridge, his former seat before his coronation which is now being occupied by the Lancastrians John de la Pole, 3rd Duke of Suffolk and John Tuchet, 2nd Earl of Essex. The situation is initially a stalemate but changes when Henry Stafford, 4th Duke of Buckingham, due to his disillusionment with the Yorkist infighting and his marriage with Philippa Grey (daughter of Lancastrian noble Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset), decides to aid the Lancastrians. He gathers the local soldiers of Buckinghamshire and then heads east through the largely neutral Bedfordshire to Cambridge, where he attacks the Yorkist besieging force. Faced with dealing with the Buckinghamshire attackers and the defenders in Cambridge at the same time and also having just received the news that Henry Percy, 5th Earl of Northumberland (1477-1527), the noble he had left in charge to administer London during his campaign to Cambridge, had died of a disease, King Richard IV decides to retreat from Cambridge and focus on stabilising London and its environs for now, as the absence of clear leadership in the city risks unrest breaking out amongst the citizens again. Henry Percy's son George (b. 1503) becomes the 6th Earl of Northumberland. However, as King Richard IV's forces retreat south from Cambridge, Edward VII of York and Henry of York, Duke of Clarence re-gather their forces and try to intercept the army trying to return to London. This results in a battle near the town of Baldock in northern Hertfordshire. The Edwardian troops initially have the upper hand at Baldock, but then a Richardian soldier manages to kill Edward VII of York (1481-1527). This shocks the Edwardian army enough that, late in the year, King Richard IV is able to break through the blockade and advance south from Baldock, though the Richardian force does overall suffer more casualties than the Edwardian one. As Edward VII's children all predeceased him, his followers now agree upon Edward's brother Henry of York, Duke of Clarence to be their new claimant to the English throne. The Duke of Clarence, an experienced commander from the previous Edwardian-Richardian battles, starts to regroup the remaining Edwardian soldiers at Baldock, along with the recently arrived Scottish mercenaries of Alexander Anderson, with the goal of pursuing King Richard IV. Meanwhile, having broken through the Yorkist defensive line at Farnham in Surrey, the Lancastrian troops from Somerset, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire, commanded by Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset; John de Vere the not-Earl; and John Bourchier, 11th Baron FitzWarin, reach the city of London and subject the city to yet another siege. They are not able to break through the city's defences before the end of 1527, but the lack of clear leadership and the emergence of some popular unrest cause the Yorkist defenders to also be unable to repulse them from the city, leaving the situation as a stalemate at the end of the year. Because of King Richard IV's army being delayed in Hertfordshire, the Yorkist noble Edmund Grey, 4th Earl of Kent takes it upon himself to start gathering Yorkist troops in his county with the goal of repulsing the Lancastrian siege from London. Meanwhile, despite the ongoing popular unrest in the city and the new siege, the English Parliament in London continue to focus on improving England's economy by increasing its international maritime trade. The recent arrival of the Jesuits and Servines strengthens the presence of the Catholic Church and the Inquisition in England, and the English clergy continue distributing Thomas More's Responsio ad Jungum and the works of Joseph of Iona. Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset, writes to King Lionel of Wales, proposing to arrange a marriage between his son William Grey (b. 1497) and Lionel's daughter Liliwen of Bruce-York (b. 1493). (Mod response) In Buckingham, shortly before Henry Stafford, 4th Duke of Buckingham departed to aid the Lancastrians at Cambridge, his wife Philippa Grey gave birth to their first child, a son named Humphrey (b. 1527). Later in the year, Henrietta Grey and Eberhard II von Lenzburg have their second child, a daughter named Sophia (b. 1527); Constance of York and Kenneth IV of Bruce-Auvergne have their first child, a son named David IV (b. 1527); and Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Lancaster and Mary Dacre have their first child, a daughter named Elizabeth (b. 1527). In Rome, William V of Geneva-Lenzburg and Anna Habsburg-della Rovere have their first child, a son named Aymon V (b. 1527).
- Tsardom of Russia; In the session of the Novgorod Duma this year Dimitry II and the Duma agree to the annexation of the Principality of Finland into the Tsardom of Russia with Tsar Dimitry II assuming the title of Grand Kniaz of Finland. The port at Neva is completed and the city growing around it continues to grow as a major trade hub in the Baltics. Construction of a Kremlin for the city begins employing the more modern bastion walls to allow for garrisons to defend in multiple directions with an increased firepower, With German and greek engineers overseeing the project and Rus' Sappers carrying out the project.. Finns, Germans and Rus' make up the bulk of the city's inhabitants while some Jewish merchants also set up shop there. Construction of the new Baltic fleets continue focusin on Caravels while some carracks are commissioned. An expansion and upgrade of the River fleet is also commissioned with some newer Kochs being epxanded a little to allow for cannons to be put on the boats and for more cargo. Garrisons along the river are set up along the Volga, Don and Dnieper rivers to help ensure control over the river ways to allow for trade to go on unharrassed. Expansion into the Ural frontier continues as more trappers push into the region setting up outposts. Efforts to begin paying down the debt owed to the Greek baners begins using some of the funds now being generated by the fur trade. Monetary reforms begin as the various coins of the former principalities and republics are slated to be replaced with an ew standard currency minted in the Tsar's name and and based on the Novgorod Denga waited at 0.68 grams of silver with the symbol of the house of Rurik on one side and Tsar Dimitry the Peaceful's face on the front. Iron mining in Finnic coastline rises as well as in the Ural region as demand for it rises, as does the demand for timber. The number of small and medium sized farm estates continues to grow. Work on the new irrigation system also continues along the major rivers. The discovery of a saxon agent attempting to carry out a secret agenda in Russia alarms Dimitry and Nikolay and The tsar agrees to Nikolay's suggestion to create an organization of crown agents tasked with seeking out both foreign agents, and internal dissidents and dealing with them in a quiet manner to preserve social order and the Tsar's control over society. Dimitry insists, however, that the group be placed under the direct control of some of his Varyag, and that its members be chosen by these men including the Greek Kniaz Nestoras Manikis whose loyalty to Dimitry has proven unquestionable. The Saxon agent in question is left to rot in a cell in Kiev after being tortured to discover his true purpose.
- Vinland: The population this year is about 5,275, a severe drop in people from just a few years ago. In other news, the Norse, Tvennufolk, and remaining Beothuk begin rebuilding our country and a searing hatred toward the French begins to develop. The losses from the war number about 500 and the production of food is severely disrupted. Industries such as the shipbuilding and fur tanning industry are hurt as well. Eric Kuis begins sending envoys to local native populations around the region, such as the Mi'kmaq, Algonquian, Iroquois, and others in the region, warning of the evil of France and their aggression. Eric Kuis hopes to create some sort of alliance or network of positive relations. In other news, Princess Helka becomes pregnant this year, a piece of good news after so much tragedy and loss.
- Esgigeland and Unamaland: The population of about 1,200 was largely untouched from the war, but the Vinlandic population here is outraged by the warmongering of the French.
- Vestelfrland: The colony of Vestelfrland continues expanding west. An outpost in OTL Quebec City is founded. The outpost trades with the new Lotharingian outpost. It is named Pallberg.
- Roman Empire: Colonization efforts in Dobruja and Tyras continue. Neo-Eugertism spreads into the interior of Asia Minor to the notable cities there. A previously obscure sculptor from Athens, Jokavos Dulgarios, creates a masterful statue of Julius Caesar's murder. Known as "The Death of the Caesar" the sculpture is brought to Constantinople for display.
- The Spanish empire: as the war of The Triple Alliance rages on, the fall of Tolocan raises fears from the emperor especially from reports upon how he died ranging from things straight out of legends. How a serpent or Reptilian being in the clouds showed its thangs from the heavens above the woman who dismembered La Jefe de Tolocan's head. Tenochtitlan, the great city of water would not face the wrath of the army of warriors seeking to dismember the Aztecs just yet as the armies of the Aztecs gather to protect the capital including the leader of the other triple alliance member including nobility take position leaving the mightiest warrior to defend the city of Texcoco. Cynthia's cavalry would march in lead as Osberto leads the garrisons left behind with the allies as the states start to be reorganized into a new state with governance at the moment held at Tampico. General Giovanna leading the men on the ground would advance and face raids. Unfortunately due to foolish calculations, a premature battle would break out losing ten crossbowmen, 14 cavalrymen, 25 natives and 63 footmen and 12 arquebusiers in a company. This warrior is only nicknamed as "El Cabro de Noche", The Goat of the Evening. He had been tasked to lead raids as they had marched but in one engagement before reaching Texcoco, Cynthia unexpectedly encountered a raid on their camp in the flatlands beyond the forest. In the midst of the chaos that would break out during sunset, the armies in chaos fighting company by company, man by man, Cynthia and "El Cabro" would duel for three hours. It was said that even after his allies had been defeated, these two were left to fight without intervention. The Rapier against rod, the clashing of their weapons as they danced amongst their fallen comrades, it was executed with honor. By the end though, the blade would drive into El Cabro's heart, he would have died with honor. At the battle of Texcoco, one thing Cynthia had to say was the army she faces here would be like nothing the honorable warriors despite being pagans, she fought before. They were weakened and facing famine. It had turned out El Cabro's mission was to defeat the Spaniards before their arrival, he was their prized warrior and he had been killed. Actechala, the assumed leader of an army of 20,500 warriors who had been rounded from all the countryside would fight the advancing majesties army. Cynthia would lead the way into the city. Her cavalry charge would rock the earth as her beasts of mythical terror would cut down the warriors literally spearheading her men to the city interior as Giovanna had been instructed to flood the city with the footmen and allies lining and pushing them back to prevent an encirclement. By the end of the fray, Texcoco would go silent that evening. The city would surrender being overwhelmed. These invaders had seamlessly sealed the fate of their land and shamelessly so. Friar Joaquin de Cadiz would note the brutality of the war yet this spirit that resided within her majesty Cynthia would be nothing less than the embodiment of a pious warrior. Cynthia rises atop in Texcoco, her sword points to Tenochtitlan. She would not stop here, not now. It was in her duty by god to remove the paganism of the land and put in place the one true faith under the crown of Hispania and it shall be done.
An economic recession hits the Byzantine territories in the Peloponnese and Attica, after the loss of trade with the declining Venetian Republic. Large amounts of Italian immigrants travel east to fill the gap in the market. This influx of Catholic population, with the existing population left over from the Latin Empire, clashes with the Orthodox Greeks in the region.
The destruction of most of the French and Celtic commercial fleets allows English merchants a unique opportunity. Without competition, they come to dominate previously French shipping throughout the channel region and even take over some Celtic merchant routes in the Irish Sea.
Christina de la Marck (1453-1528), sister of Duke Edmund Alwin of Saxe-Wittenberg and widow of Sigismund of Brandenburg, dies of natural causes. In Iceland, the same fate befalls Arnar Sturlungur (1463-1528), the unmarried half-brother of former King Domnhall V of Iceland.
In the Henan province of China, a vast drought deprives the region of harvests, killing off half the people in some communities due to starvation and cannibalism. This increases public discontent with the government of the Tian Dynasty.
The famous artist and theorist Hans Dürer dies in Nuremberg.
Angered by the King's forced relocation, the Armenian people become discontent and raise protests in the Georgian Empire.
In Saxony, the daughter of Edmund de la Marck is still believed to be his son due to the initial confusion with many nobles sending gifts fit for a boy.
The Inquisition and related groups such as the Society of Jesus achieve success in their efforts of protecting and improving the status of the Catholic Church in several regions of Europe, including Spain, Savoy, Brittany, Florence, Venice and the British Isles.
- Saxony: Edmund Alwin recently proposed a marriage between Henrietta Edwardina de la Marck and Heinrich IV of Lenzburg. However, as the Lenzburgs are still living with the Pope, in Rome, Papal dispensation is required. Henrietta Edwardina has converted to Catholicism. Edmund Alwin stresses that this is in fact an advantageous match for the Lenzburgs, as Edmund Alwin will give to them a large dowry of land in the Holy Roman Empire, and will personally protect them from anyone who wants to do them harm. They may still stay sheltered by the Papal States, but Edmund Alwin hopes that gradually they will be able to gain power back in the Empire and spread Catholicism. Why exactly Edmund Alwin wants to see a Catholic power in the Empire is unclear, and his family begin to consider him senile. However, the marriage proposal goes ahead. (Papal Response). Edmund Alwin, the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony, asks the Hnaseatic League if some Saxon explorers and noblemen will be allowed to accompany Hansea on their next voyage to the New World. (Hanseatic Response).
- Vinland: The population this year is about 5,325, a severe drop in people from just a few years ago. In other news, the Norse, Tvennufolk, and remaining Beothuk begin rebuilding our country and a searing hatred toward the French begins to develop. Industries such as the shipbuilding and fur tanning industry are hurt as well but begin to recover. Eric Kuis begins sending envoys to local native populations around the region, such as the Mi'kmaq, Algonquian, Iroquois, and others in the region, warning of the evil of France and their aggression. Eric Kuis hopes to create some sort of alliance or network of positive relations. In other news, Princess Helka becomes pregnant this year, a piece of good news after so much tragedy and loss. A duo of frenchmen are murdered this year in Elufsker.
- Esgigeland and Unamaland: The population is about 1,250.
- Vestelfrland: The colony of Vestelfrland continues expanding west. An outpost in OTL Quebec City is founded. The outpost trades with the new Lotharingian outpost. It is named Pallberg.
- Majapahit empire: the trade and farming flourishes. The Trag comes to visit his sick grandpa who had took a heavy damage from his fall of his horse in his hunting expedition with his royal guard. The former Raja seems to be very sick. He calls his grand mother and the Trag father to come pay him and visit and wish a fast rocovery for him. 10,000 soldiers are ordered to be transfered to the western lands of Java, as they will be well supplied. Our navy is ordered to get going to the coasts of western Java coasts to patrol it as it is a good profitable trade route for the Europeans to seize. As that occurs our mahayardas flourishes with their trade with the Europeans and as repairs of the ruins of wars of Blambgan takes its fourth year we now focus more in building and maintaining a capable navy to assurd our dominance, the oupost of Powu takes its fourth year of existence as the population grows. The 10,000 soldiers shall now be ordered to invade Lampung. The Trag formally declares war on Lampung knowing that the Siamese won't interfere in the conflict. With a navy of 130 Djrongs carrying 10,000 soldiers we shall evade the mountainous regions of western Lampung and order a landing and the seige of the city of Maringgai with the presence of seige wepons and seige guns and the new promoted savage experienced leader Zerd Jumporn. [Algorithm needed, Please]. with the German arrival to Klaten to trade their proposal of building a kontor in Klaten is countered by a counteroffer of the Trag envoy that he stated that Majapahit will be happy to let them build a kontor be administered by them in (OTL Sumur). (Hanseatic response).
- Mahayarda of Sebuirto archipelago: population reaches 30,400. More huts appear in each island. Trade appears to be more common with the Europeans. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well.
- Mahayarda of Timor: The population reaches 270,500. Urbanization process begins with Pambri reaching 20,500 residents. The garrison of Pambri has now 1,000 arquebus gunners with ten cannons. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well. The trade with the Portuguese becomes more intensive.
- Powu: The population reaches 3,500, Adji Supandi finances the construction of the port that enters the fourth year of construction, 200 Majapahit merchants leave after two years of residence, trade with the indigenous people started to appear more intensive.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha archipelago: The population reaches 5,700. The archipelago is doing fine.
- Papal States: Pope Lucius IV continues to support the Counter-Reformation and reinforce the Inquisition. The Tridentine Catechism, the works of Johann von Eck, the book of Thomas More and the book of Joseph of Iona are extensively printed by the Pontifical Roman Press and spread to the Catholic nations. The pope gives support to the missionary works in the colonies of Catholic nations. Michelangelo continues painting the frescos in the Gregorian Chapel. The Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuilt. Artists start to mimic the artistic style used in the Celestial Court. Galeazzo Rado, an artist of the Roman Academy, is invited by the Habsburg Della Rovere Family to paint frescos in the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano. He studied Michelangelo’s works, mainly the Celestial Court, and started to apply the illusions of limitless space in his frescos, but going even farther than Michelangelo. Rado start to work in the ceiling of the Cathedral of Saint Peter. The military and navy of the Papal States continues to be modernized and the walls of Rome continue to be fortified. The Jesuits continue to preach and to do acts of charity. The Servants of Jesus also continue doing missionary work and charitable works. The Servines also continue to teach children the Catechism. Margaret Habsburg Della Rovere writes to King Elvin of Spain asking to establish a convent of the Servants of Jesus in Spain and to teach the Catechism there. [Spain response needed, please]. This year Matteo Serafini and his companions meet with Pope Lucius IV. During the meeting, they present their ideas to the pontiff and for the permission to live as hermits and to go about everywhere preaching to the poor. After discussing their propositions with the College of Cardinals and with both the Observant and Conventual branches of the Franciscan Order, the pontiff decides to give permission to Serafini and his friends. Pope Lucius IV issues the bull Religionis zelus, by which the new Franciscan group is canonically approved and placed under the nominal jurisdiction of the Conventuals. The group takes the name of Order of Friars Minor Capuchin, due to the adoption of the hood (or cappuccio, capuche) as a homage to the Camaldolese monks that gave them refuge. After hearing about the pope’s approval to Serafini and his companions, the nuns Yolande Habsburg Della Rovere and Maria Llorença Llong meet with them. A group of other five nuns joined Yolande and Maria in their desire to follow a stricter version of the Rule of Saint Clare and Saint Francis. The friars start to help the nuns in organizing a rule to present to the pope. Henry Habsburg Della Rovere and Anna von Lenzburg have a daughter named Joana. Other births happen in the Habsburg Della Rovere Family: Maximilian and Mary Boleyn have a son named Henry; Philip and Anne Beaufort have a daughter named Isabella; Barbara and Pirro Colonna have a daughter named Theresa.
- Republic of Ancona: The modernization of the Republic’s navy continues. The Jesuits continue preaching in the Republic. A house of the Congregation of Clerics Regular of the Divine Providence is organized in the Republic.
- Tsardom of Russia: A decree is issued establishing the Pravaya Ruka (right hand) as an internal security apparatus to ensure that the agents of foreign rulers, and internal opponents to the tsar don't threaten the stability of the realm. The Pravaya Ruka are first tasked with ensuring that dissidence is investigating the murder of Kniaz Oleg a few years prior as well as to look into the mysterious murders in the Kazan region as local officials have proven unable to determine those responsible for the actions. Trade continues to grow as ties between the Black sea and Baltic markets gorw through the river trade in Russia with goods from the silk road enter the black sea through Greek Merchants who then sell those wares to Rus' who in turn sell them to the Germans in Neva while Furs, and grain continue to be exported to both markets. Settlements and farm estates contniue to develop in the frontier regions of the Volga and the Ural rivers as more Rus, Germans, Greeks, Hungarians and other peoples push into the area looknig for furs, mineral deposits and land to settle down on and develop for herding or for farming. With them come Orthodox priests to attend the religious needs of the settlers and to evangalize the Tatars. A relaxation of the harsh serfdom of the Tatar people also begins with Alexsei Volhkov being told to soften his approach to the natives of the region, Kniaz Aleksei accepts onthe condition that Khan Kamil and the other leaders of the Tatar revolt must be tried and face justice for their crimes against a the Rus, a gesture that Tsar Dimitry the Peaceful is more then willing to grant. In a public trial held in Kiev the former Tatar leader is found guilty of treason against the crown and of the slaughter and plundering of the Rus' and their lands. He is hung from the walls the Kiev. The town of Moscow begins to grow again as its strategic importance in exerting control over the rest of the Rus' lands is noted by Dimitry II. With construction of the new walls being built along more modern lines Dimitry also expands the garrison there and decides to invest in building a new market square and trading depot. In the new town blacksmiths in particular find great employment providing weapons and armor for military orders. The university of Kiev is completed with many Greek, and German scholars finding employemnt there along with a smaller number of Italians and Rus' who studied abroad. Russians are still abroad to seek out knowledge from the rest of Europe. Rus' and Finn trappers continue explore the lands along the artic and into lands East of the Urals seeking new hunting grounds and lands. Cossack settlements in the frontier region continue to grow as more settlers enter the region. Relations between the freeholder settlements and Cossack settlements remain peaceful as both types of communities trade and assist one another. However, the Cossack communities remain outside of the law and adiminstration of the Russian state as per the decree of Dimitry II making the Cossacks autonomous in his demains. Many Cossacks along the Volga and don frontiers carry out raids into the Tatar lands of the remnants of the Great Horde, and into the lands of the Sibir as the come into conflict with Tatars over hunting grounds. Vodka continues to become popular in the frontier regions as the clear distilled alcohol helps keep them warm and in good spirits in the brutal frontier region.
- Kingdom of Portugal: The sultan of Zanzibar dies this year and is succeded by his nephew who becomes the next sultan who meets with the Portuguese governor.The queen visits the royal mausoleum where she asks them for their advice. Meanwhile, in the royal garden, the quaggas population have now reached five generations. Meanwhile, a shock comes when a white dodo bird is born an is seen as a sign.in Santo Andre the queen issues a royal decree which will make it more liveable,in another decree she says the Sao Tome and Principe should be more integrated into mainland Portugal itself,and would have the same status as Madiera and the Azores.
- Kingdom of France: The war with Vinland proves successful with France winning, which would cause a great deal of prestige to the nation, so the Queen finds it strange that many in the nobility do not feel that is the case. Likewise the French spent far less than the other powers involved, and made that money back through the spoils of war and reparations being paid to France. The Queen, a little alarmed that the nobles demanded this from “the King”, is generally confused by the request of the nobles: they want to increase the strength of France, but not its military, oddly. The government on the other hand thought that given the outcome of the war, it would have demonstrated all the more reason why France needs a stronger navy, and how it aided the nation in obtaining a favorable and profitable outcome. Regardless she tries to appease these demands as best as possible. A large number of traders and soldiers over the course of the past few years move to both Hytholoday (Prince Edward Island), and St. Pierre, with both of them housing an extensive fort, and forts are also built in Vinland as per the recent agreement. The nation trades with many of the tribes of the mainland and treats them nicely, and has been for years, dispelling the recent propaganda from Vinland not to trust France. The rest of Hytholoday is also claimed as per the recent treaty and trade posts are constructed gradually across the whole island. Anticosti island is also claimed, with a trade post being built on it. With the last Duke of Brittany having died during the war, that territory is also integrated into France.
- Abbasid Caliphate: Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, after re-stablizing the Caliphate and it's territory, begins looking toward fulfillment in God's eyes. Inspired by the works of the House of Wisdom and the Abbasid Golden Age, translators are coalesced into the Great Library in an effort to translate works across all walks of life. After the Prince of the Mamlūk Knights, Mukhtar Abu Mostafa ibn Zahid al-Farsi, was denied from the Court of the Omani Imams, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman declared war against the Imamate of Oman in March, in an effort to unify the Arabian peninsula and to utilize the ports of Muscat and Sohar to help support Caliphate dominance in the Indian Ocean. Leading an army of 60,000 troops, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman crosses the desert from Yemen to Oman, and after resting in the city of Salalah marches onward to Duqm, assaulting the city and then continuing on to assault Shannah. If successful, he continues onward to attacking the city of Muscat and Sohar. During this war, it was recorded that Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman used strategic flanking, and that his success was likely due to the usage of muskets and cannons carried by slaves that operated as an artillery piece to crushing any sort of fortifications in the region. Meanwhile, merchants and delegates from the Caliphate offer to pay a large sum for the leasing of a port city from the Tian dynasty for a period of 99 years, which would allow for exclusive trade rights and the sale of gunpowder into China, mostly aiming to purchase the Port of Qingdao. [Chinese Response Needed]. Delegates in the Bengal Sultanate offer to purchase a lease on the port city of Chattogram, for 75 years, as a means of exclusive trading and to establish a direct trade route between both states, making closer relations in the process [Bengal Response Needed].
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": A fight breaks out in the New "Groot Belgische Raad" this fight breakign out in the Schepen huis, the actual building where council sesions are hold in. This fight being between two actual members a Zeeland ouddenkers called Frans hertel en a Luidmond called Paul Dekker, The two men arguing religion and politics after the session of the council was already over. This fight ending with some heavy brouses for sir Hertel and a black eye for sir Dekker, most men of parliament condemming the action. Royal Regent Nicolaas Everaerts especialy condemming the action as creating unneeded devision upon the Groot Belgische Raad, Juliaen de Kremer even writing that not even the army is so barbaric as you two councillers. This fight being one of the examples of the growing tension between the Luidmonden, Ouddenkers and the reformists, as they all desire to push trough their believes of Christianity. The conflict growing now even more as now the king is seen as the symbol of Catholicism and and tyrany that was forced upon those who desired Spanish rule and the abolishment of Belgic culture. King John V being wed to Queen Katherine of where he became hispanisized, His son King John VI growing up in Toledo. John VI alltough knowing dutch acts and behaves even more spanish then his forefathers like John I, John VI is also unable like his father to handle Guinnes and Bonen. This puts the saint Columbanus messengers in an akward possition as de are de jure they are still part of the Catholic church but their believes in Frissia and Holland haven't followed dirrect orders from Rome. The Culumbites believing in removal or clerical greed, which has been shown by the fact that they have no established Hierachy. Often Priests just preaching the teachings of saint Columbanus in their churches without any direct membership, this making it very hard to determine who is and who is not a follower of his teachings. Alltough these learnings are commonly associated the frissians and the Wagenaar famyljebedriuw having a majority of her members believing in the beliefs of the teachings. This increase in the religion also aids the revival of the Begijnhoffen which are semi monastic form of living where members for the duration of their stay promise not to live in unnecesary wealth, and store all unnecesary in a comunal space. This option being very popular amongst women as they can live an independent life closer to God without any men ruling and bossing over them. Thus the Wagenaar famyljebedriuw have small movement of Culumbites and other merchants moving to the city of Kebeck, which is on the West side of a River called the Saint Willibrord river. This life contrasts Africa where Thomas Haazelaar dies and his 26-year-old son Jan Haazelaar is voted the new governor of Hoekbaai-Sherbro. The KWAC governorship often being de facto heredetary, Even if dislikes by some merchants it does bring stability. Stability which the KWAC needs as her Competition is getting bigger and bigger such as the VOC, who is able to bring spices from Asia to Europe. Klaesstad becoming a small port on the Xulla Besi Islands used to produce New style Indian guys called the Jave Punsaisier by the VOC. This gun being addapted from regular punsaisiers to be shorter and well less of a butstock changing it for a more compact alltough less acurate gun, which can be produced for cheap to Ayathuya and the majapahit. In Mela the Colony of Bergen is Recognised by the RHC after the RHC and Portuguese and Spanish merchants are able to agree on the Borders of Both Broekzand and Tweeplaat revier colony.
- Kingdom of Arles-Burgundy: After several years of improving the Arlesian navy, the nation would dispatch another trade mission to West Africa this year, reaching the Mali Empire. Jungism began to spread across Arles and Burgundy, especially the latter, partially through the influence of the French, and the nation worked closely with the Papacy and Catholic theologians and inquisitors to stop this spread. A marriage would be proposed with the ruler of East Burgundy, with the King hoping to re-integrate that territory into Burgundy.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farmlands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned.
- Roman Empire: Colonization and poldering efforts continue. The recession in the Peloponnese and Attica and subsequent influx of Italian merchants is tolerated. Grain is distributed to the poor to prevent famine, at minor expense to the empire. Meanwhile, Italian merchants, who pay higher taxes in the empire, essentially pay back this spending with their activities. Violence on both sides is addressed strictly and the local Themata are to be employed in the event that violence does occur. Otherwise the empire prospers and trade flows smoothly.
- Kingdom of England: The Lancastrian besieging force led by Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset; John de Vere the not-Earl; and John Bourchier, 11th Baron FitzWarin starts to gain the upper hand against the leaderless Yorkist defenders in the city, who are facing internal Edwardian-Richardian divisions and popular unrest. However, the situation changes when the besieging force of troops from Somerset, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire is attacked from behind by Yorkist troops from Kent, led by Edmund Grey, 4th Earl of Kent. Though the Lancastrians ultimately manage to defeat the smaller attacking force and Edmund Grey (1499-1528) is killed in battle, the attack nonetheless breaks the siege and forces the Lancastrians to regroup, giving the defenders a brief reprieve. Edmund Grey's infant son George Grey (b. 1526) becomes the 5th Earl of Kent, with his mother Joanna Habsburg-della Rovere acting as his guardian and effective regent. Meanwhile, as King Richard IV and his troops try to get back to London after retreating from Cambridge and fighting through Edwardian defences at Baldock, the King's depleted army is forced to pause their march and regroup due to the losses taken at Cambridge and Baldock. However, when King Richard IV tries to replenish and resupply his troops at the town of Bishop's Stortford in eastern Hertfordshire, the Edwardian troops led by Henry of York, Duke of Clarence and the Scottish mercenaries of Alexander Anderson catch up to them, triggering another battle. The battle of Bishop's Stortford proves to be more decisive than the one at Baldock, as King Richard IV (1494-1528) is killed while trying to escape the town during the ongoing battle. The victorious Henry of York, Duke of Clarence proclaims himself the new King of England to the agreement of his faction, but when heading southwest to London with the goal of being crowned the Duke of Clarence's army encounters the Lancastrian soldiers who had been besieging the city. Instead of immediately fighting another battle, Henry of York instead proposes a diplomatic discussion with the Lancastrian leaders; this proposal is notably supported by George of Gloucester, Earl of Rutland, who would be the Richardian claimant after King Richard IV's death but previously withdrew from the royal court to his Oakham Castle, his seat as an earl, due to his frustrations with the dynastic infighting in the Yorkist faction. Most of the leaders on both the Lancastrian and Yorkist sides, tired of fighting the repeated dynastic wars, agreed to the proposed discussions, though a few hardliners on either side are offended. At the town of Hemel Hempstead in western Hertfordshire, Henry of York, Duke of Clarence, accompanied by the Earl of Rutland meets with Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset; Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick; and several lower Lancastrian nobles. The diplomat Thomas Boleyn makes a name for himself acting as a mediator, despite the fact he was previously effectively employed by the Duke of Warwick at Oxford. Henry of York, Duke of Clarence offers that he will name the Lancastrian Duke of Somerset as his heir instead of his own children, if in exchange the Lancastrians recognise him as King and do not impede him in efforts to retake Cornwall like what happened to King Edward VIII. Ultimately, the Lancastrians agree to this proposal; the English Parliament, eager for the nation to get out of civil war, also agrees, and Henry of York, Duke of Clarence is crowned in London as King Henry VIII of England. As further concessions to the Lancastrian faction, King Henry VIII immediately creates some noble titles for Lancastrians: John Bourchier, 11th Baron FitzWarin is created as Earl of Bath; John de Vere "the not-Earl", second cousin of George de Vere, 14th Earl of Oxford, is created as Earl of Cambridge (a title left vacant by King Richard IV's death); the diplomat Thomas Boleyn is created as Earl of Leicester; and Marcantonio I Colonna, the Italian-born Dorset-based mercenary leader is created as Earl of Southampton. After being crowned King, Henry VIII passes his title of Duke of Clarence to his son Edward of York; however, Edward is nonetheless very upset at his father cutting him out of the royal succession. Now that there is a tentative peace between the Lancastrian and Yorkist factions, the English Parliament works on encouraging trade both domestically and internationally in order to help the English economy recover from the conflicts. However, the economic impact of the most recent dynastic conflicts on the English economy has not been as severe as that of the previous ones, with a major factor being the increased maritime trade accessed by English merchants due to the struggles of their French and Celtic counterparts. Related to this, King Henry VIII; Philip Courtenay, 1st Earl of Bristol; and Marcantonio Colonna, 1st Earl of Southampton come to an agreement wherein the dry docks at Bristol and Portsmouth start being used to construct ships specifically for the royal navy overseen by the monarch, though they had already been doing this to a certain degree. Related to the diplomatic agreements at Hemel Hampstead, the Lancastrian noble Philip Courtenay, 1st Earl of Bristol (b. 1501) marries Catherine Grey (b. 1504), sister of the late Yorkist noble Edmund Grey, 4th Earl of Kent. Edward Stafford, 3rd Earl of Wiltshire and Ursula Pole have their first child, a daughter named Dorothy (b. 1528); Anne Courtenay and Thomas Colonna have their second child, a son named Anthony (b. 1528) in honour of Thomas's father Marcantonio; Blanche Beaufort and Edward II of Savoy have their first child, a son named Peter V (b. 1528); and Bridget Grey and Francis Talbot, 5th Earl of Shrewsbury have their third child, a daughter named Eleanor (b. 1528). In Europe, Meinhard IX, Count of Gorizia and Catherine Habsburg-della Rovere have their second child, a daughter named Maria (b. 1528).
- Empire of Dai Viet-Lan Xang: With the rebels finally dealt with, Sdach Korn with the Royal Sword Preah Khan Reach claims his legitimacy as the rightful king of Cambodia and all the leaders of the rebel factions are captured and then executed to show Sdach Korn’s supremacy to all factions and estates. Sdach Korn’s previous actions as Chancellor were nothing but kindness and devotion to his country, and with the rightful emblem of Cambodian royalty that is the Preah Khan Reach, the rightful king of Cambodia shall begin his dynasty’s rule with support of many. He is advised to continue his righteousness in ruling the country like his Chancellor works and set to receive aid from Dai Viet-Lan Xang in rebuilding his nation. But still, the agreement to cede the Mekong Delta to Dai Viet shall be taken place, with the lands ceded stretching from Prey Nokor to Teuk Khmao (meaning OTL Vietnam’s borders). The remainder of the Dai Viet troops are ordered to occupy the region of the Mekong. With the Vietnamization of the Mekong delta happening for almost twenty years already, Vietnamese influence in the region has already existed in it, with that the merging of the region into Dai Viet proper wasn’t too difficult. The Southern Institution receive more funds for the enlargement of the region needing more money to spent. With that the progress of setting administration of the region is put to effect. The past 20 years saw economic development being spent on the region already so more is not necessary, considering aid are also given to Sdach Korn in his rebuilding of the nation. This annexation of the Delta enlightened both the farmers and the Merchant Guilds who sees this as an opportunity for further economic development. Meanwhile, trade with the Portuguese are still happening, with more weaponry imported meaning the Dai Viet army are still occasionally equipped with new weaponry. The Northern institution will exploit more resources for the construction of weaponry managed by the Cục Bách. Efforts have been made to contact the VIV to establish trading relations with them (Lotharingia response).
- The Spanish Empire: as the War of The Triple Alliance continues, Osberto gifts his wife Cynthia a falcon from the far north from a land known as Vinland. For the march on Tenochtitlan, the allies had gathered more support. Many of the people the Spanish had conquered with their growing number of allies had caused the warriors to refer to Cynthia as Tonantzin or "Our Lady", seeing her as the mother goddess who had come to bring judgement but also the embodiment of the Quetzalcoatl. Nonetheless, General Giovanna had been tasked with a mission of his own, to take the city of Tzintzuntzan, the capital of the Tarascans before meeting up with the rest of the allies at Tenochtitlan. His army of 18,000 had left on a march to the city and expected weak defenses only to find their leader standing high and strong with his own army. Sick, weak, and low on morale and supply but still resilient and hopeful. Chief Warrior Cazetecal would lead his army of 20,000 warriors against the incoming army in a battle to be known as "La Noche de Gloria", an epic clash of men from both sides. They fought all one on one as the city's battlefield turned to nothing but chaos. El Jefe in a warrior blue and black wolf skin would tear his enemies apart. By this point he had become loyal to her majesty and saw himself as a brother to Giovanna. Meanwhile, as Cortes, Alverado, and her majesty camp out Tenochtitlan, river boats and boards are fitted to enter the city. Soon enough they should be read to open a siege. By this point, the city had been surrounded. All they wait for now are the pieces to fall together with the return of Giovanna. Meanwhile, Navigator Emanuel Cruz sails from Spanish Panama south where he lands on the shores of the Inca.
Countess Mary Lily Bonne of Wasaborg (1452-1529) dies of natural causes. Her husband Edward de la Marck (b. 1453), who she had previously shared the title with, now becomes the sole Count..
In Wales, Myrddin ap Cadfael, Duke of Gwynedd (1458-1529) dies of natural causes, and his son Cadfael ap Myrddin (b. 1480) becomes the new Duke.
Saxony's Eastern Jungist Church venture manages to attract a small following of converts in Finland where a Saxon relative ruled, mostly among the Swedish and other non-Russian population. The first church is built in the area, must to the distain of the Eastern Orthodox elite.
In Lotharingia the Wagnerists left unchecked begin to form a majority of the population in the southern half of the nation. Many Wagnerists support the proposed measure to remove Catholicism as the official religion, while the most devout Catholics see this as a ploy to allow Protestantism to replace it, or at least continue to spread without legal recourse. An event known as the Beeldenstorm occurs, as dozens of churches in the nation are defaced by protesters. This is strongest in the south, where some provinces such as Luxembourg and other southern cities not only allow this but encourage it. Minor violence breaks out as Catholics respond in force in cities such as Antwerp.
Kafka is forced to flee Austria to escape Catholic persecution, and he travels north into Bavaria. Despite this, a growing population of Kafkans remains in Austria, and the movement also becomes popular in southwest Bavaria, Swabia, and Swiss cantons such as St. Gallen.
Emperor Babur al-Mo'h continues his marches across India, sieging Delhi and conquering the Northern Core of the Gurkani Empire. Appointing himself as successor to Ḏū al-Qarnayn and appointing his companions as regional governors of his new Empire, he forces the remnants of the Gurkani dynasty to flee southward while the Sultanate of Gujarat is declared independent by the Wali aligning himself with the Mohebids. Although many of his advisors believe that Babur would be best suited to rest and expand his Empire domestically, he disregards their position on the matter, and prepares for further military conquest in hopes of unifying India under his Imperial Banner.
The bubonic plague spreads into Spain and England, while in France, deaths related to the disease decline in Occitania but continue to spread northward.
- Saxony: Wolfgang de la Marck has two daughters born this year, named Barbara Wolfgangia and Maria Frederica. Olaf de la Marck (b. 1488) has another child, a son named George. Clementia de la Marck has a daughter named Clementia Rogerine. Maria von Jenagotha (b. 1520), one of the illegitimate children of the Thin White Duke, gets married to Peter de la Marck (b. 1523), an illegitimate scion of the House of Mark. Meanwhile, Wittenberg University continues to reassemble skeletons made from mysterious bones found in Saxony and elsewhere in Germany. These skeletons are of strange and monstrous creatures. Many are classified. Edmund Alwin, the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony, asks the Hnaseatic League if some Saxon explorers and noblemen will be allowed to accompany Hansea on their next voyage to the New World. (Hanseatic Response). Following the venture of the Eastern Jungist Church, another man claiming to be the reincarnation of Peter Meise appears. Even though Edmund Alwin has heard Meise is rotting in a dungeon in Russia, this Meise claims that that Meise was an imposter and that he is the real thing. Edmund Alwin sends him secretly east again to Finland, to help continue spreading Eastern Jungism throughout the land. Almost immediately after he has left, another supposed reincarnation of Peter Meise turns up, and Edmund Alwin sends him to Meridia to found the Western Jungist Church. However, he disappears at sea whilst on his way. Nevertheless, his failed voyage to helps to popularize "Western Jungism" amongst the sailing community, and sailors from all parts of the world becoming sympathetic toward this form of Jungism.
- Papal States: Pope Lucius IV continues to support the Counter-Reformation and reinforce the Inquisition. The Tridentine Catechism, the works of Johann von Eck, the book of Thomas More and the book of Joseph of Iona are extensively printed by the Pontifical Roman Press and spread to the Catholic nations. The pope continues giving support to the missionary works in the colonies of Catholic nations. Pope Lucius IV condemns the actions happening during the Beeldenstorm in Lotharingia. This year Michelangelo stops the painting of the frescos in the Gregorian Chapel to work in the tomb of Pope Lucius IV. Was he the one to do the tombs of Julius II and Adrian VI. The Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuilt. The artist Galeazzo Rado continues painting the ceiling of the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano. The military and navy of the Papal States continues to be modernized and the walls of Rome continue to be fortified. The Jesuits continue to preach and to do acts of charity. The Servants of Jesus also continue doing missionary work and charitable works. The Servines also continue to teach children the Catechism. Margaret Habsburg Della Rovere writes to King Elvin of Spain asking to establish a convent of the Servants of Jesus in Spain and to teach the Catechism there. [Spain response needed, please]. The Jesuit Deodato Piacentino writes to the ruler of Austria asking to establish the Society of Jesus in this nation to help protect the Catholic faith against the Protestantism. [MOD response needed, please]. Another member of the Society of Jesus named Xavier Oñate writes to the Swiss Confederacy asking to establish his Order there. [MOD response needed, please]. The Theatine Paolo Consiglieri writes to King Henry VIII of England asking permission to establish the Congregation of Clerics Regular of the Divine Providence in English territory. [England response needed, please]. Yolande Habsburg Della Rovere, Maria Llorença Llong and her five friends meet with Pope Lucius IV to present the rule for their new Order. They received help from Matteo Serafini, due to this their rule is very similar with that of the Capuchins. Their order is approved by the pontiff with the bull Debitum Pastoralis Officii. The order is named as Capuchin Poor Clares and the nuns wear a simple brown tunic knotted with a cord at the waist and a short cape. They also use a wimple and a black veil. The Capuchinesses start to organize a convent in Rome, while Maria Laurentia Longo also plans the construction of a hospital and a house to take care of prostitutes. Carlos Habsburg Della Rovere, son of Philip Habsburg Della Rovere and Anna von Lenzburg dies this year and is buried in the Mausoleum of the Habsburg in Poggio Miterto. However, after this tragedy the couple is blessed with the birth of a daughter named Catherine. Other births happen in the Habsburg Della Rovere Family: Joana and Giovan Battista Savelli have a daughter named Maria, Maximilian and Mary Boleyn have a daughter named Elisabeth; Ferdinand and Laura Orsini have a daughter named Lavinia. The Habsburg Della Rovere Family becomes one of the richest families in the Papal States. With the death of the childless Ferdinand Della Rovere, Lord of Viterbo, the Lordship of Viterbo and the Della Rovere properties are inherited by the Habsburg Della Rovere Family. Also with all other members of the House of Habsburg living in the Holy Roman Empire, the title of Poggio Miterto is also added to the Habsburg Della Rovere, who are named by the people as Italian Habsburgs. This way Francesco Habsburg Della Rovere is the Lord of Monte San Giovanni Campano, Carlos Habsburg Della Rovere is the Lord of Poggio Miterto and Ferdinand Habsburg Della Rovere is the Lord of Viterbo. Together these Lordships and properties are named as the Habsburg Della Rovere Possessions. Along with their Mercenary Company and several farms and lands, this family also start to invest in trade companies.
- Republic of Ancona: The modernization of the Republic’s navy continues. The Jesuits continue preaching in the Republic. Henry Habsburg Della Rovere and his family moves to Ancona, where they invest in the the trade companies present in the city.
- England Diplomacy: King Henry VIII of England approves the order of the Theatines being established in England.
- Majapahit Empire: trade continues to flourish with the western. The former Raja Manputjiya II dies after two years influenced by his would from his heavy fall from his horse, his best friend hands over the Isntingar that he used in hunting to Pi, as he takes the instingar and puts it near his royal bed room. His funeral have started this year. Manputjiya son attends to the funeral so does his wife and his aunts. A part of the aristocracy Came to intend to the funeral. The mourning will take two years. Nothing much happening in the empire. Rice cultivation and agriculture activities keep growing prosperously as the rice production keep growing repairs of Blambgan irrigation systems now came to it fifth year with workers heading to Bali Island to fix the rice terraces and villages and maintain the broken irrigation systems. A gift of one red parrot is sent to Dai Viet as a sign of long term friendship. Majapahit merchants now trade with the Germans as many products are brought to us.With our troops eventually getting bogged down in the naval invasion, the remaining 3,316 soldiers will be linked with 16,000 soldiers more mounting up an army of 193,316 men that they would be supplied very well with wepons and provisions and wood and other equipment and food and as they will build seige weapons to be used in the seige of Bandar Lampung as we use seige guns and we hire up the experienced savage leader Giam Hapkan who proved his capibality of successful invasions in Java, so they will go for a seige we would also request 5,000 soldiers from Dai Viet to help us. [Algorithm needed, please] [Dai Viet response, please]
- Mahayarda of Sebuirto archipelago: population reaches 30,700. More huts appear in each island. Trade appears to be more common with the Europeans. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well.
- Mahayarda of Timor:population reaches 271,000. Urbanization process begins with Pambri reaching 25,800 residents. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well. The trade with the Portuguese becomes more intensive.
- Powu: the population reaches 3,700, Adji Supandi finances the construction of the port that enters the 5th year of construction. trade with the indegious people started to appear more intensive.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha archipelago: The population reaches 5,900. The archipelago is doing fine.
- Dai Viet Dip: 5,000 soldiers are sent to aid Majapahit in their war.
- Empire of Japan: After a lengthy review of the Japanese navy over the past decade, it is noted that the Imperial navy had been spending much more than it should have been on more ships than it really could handle previously. With the number having been drastically decreased as of late with a focus on more moden and effective ships, the naval review brings out its direct numbers. It stand at nearly 450 warships continually patrolling the sea lanes and fighting piracy and patrolling, while have roughly 300 heay merchant (armed) ships operating as a transport, logistics, as well as part of the high capacity movements of goods in large scale trade overseas trade. This causes a re-evaluation of the deployed fleets as the empire works with a smaller than usual fleet capacity. The Home fleet in Osaka is brought to 80 ships. The Fleet of the Great Japanese sea is brought to 70 ships based out of Niigata, The North Sea fleet at Wakkanai at roughly 20 ships, the East China sea fleet at roughly 50 ships, the Azuma fleet at 30 ships, The South China sea fleet at 100 ships, and the Spice islands fleet at 100 ships as well. This re-evaluation also helped make the spending toward the navy a bit more efficient as it ceased some payments to defunct or scrapped ships. The home fleet and Sea of Japan fleets are noted to be the best forces to be used in the case of a war in the spice islands due to the relatively peaceful areas in which they are based out of. The Army establishing its more regional structure with each regional force maintaining a direct imperial contingent continues. The Imperial army is also fully withdrawn barring a 1000 strong garrison in Fort Koba. This brings the direct imperial total to 31,000 soldiers with most of these remaining on the home islands. The Mongol raids once again start but this time are met with fierce resistance as the regional Manzhu army and the Sundered Hearts chapter of the Kensei order pursue the Mongols across much of Western Manzhuguo only catching their rearguard late in the year. The Red seal system continues to be implemented and is expected to be complete the next year as all trade guilds and the zaibatsu work under this system. (more coming later)
- Kingdom of Portugal: This year sees the coronation of Queen Maria I take place in the royal cathedral in Porto. Many of the foreign observers call her the Portuguese beauty which triggers many Portuguese nobles to ask for her hand which she refuses. Meanwhile, the queen puts her great aunt Inez son Sebastian as the heir until a new heir can be produced. After her coronation, the queen first travels to Gordes while after this she travels to each and every one of the Portuguese colonies, while also preparing a royal decree which would integrate Sao Tome and principe into mainland Portugal. More plantations are set up in Santo Andre as the income becomes more and more,the surplus is used to build hospitals all over Portugal and in the mmost valuable colonies like Maritaus and sao tome. Meanwhile, the queen personally funds the creation o her father King Luis I in Porto.
- Hungary Dip: We accept the marriage you proposed to us.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned.
- Portuguese Diplomacy: Her Majesty, Queen Maria I of Portugal, wishes to propose marriage between herself and the prince of Hungary named Oilver.
- Tsardom of Russia: Tsar Dimitry II's household enters mourning as Dimitry's mother the dowager tsarina passes. During the funeral, the tsar and the Kniaz Konstantin finally have a reapproachment upon the request of the Tsarina Sophia. Konstantin and Elene have their second child a boy named Yaroslav. The education of Dimitry's second son Vasilly begins. Economic development conmtinues as the reconstruction continues and new communities on the frontier grow on the frontier region. Fur trapping, mining, lumbering and agriculture continue to grow providing revenue through exports to the Greeks and Germans. Trade in galicia also picks up as an unofficial trade network Husbandry continues to grow in the frontier region on the Volga and the Don region with many of the new settelrs breeding EUropean and Anatolian horses with those of the steppes. Single new arrivals are assisted in finding lands or occupation and should they decide to convert to orthodoxy and marry local Russian women as many displaced during the civil war still remain unmarried in the hopes of relieving the burdens of the church and state, and helping cement loyalty in new arrivals. Education of the Boyar class begins to rise outside of Novgorod as many of the new generation of Boyar children are obliged to do schooling under the watchful eyes of the church who are charged with instilling loyalty to god andto the Tsar. Mining and deforestation in FInland continue to grow as demands for raw materials both for domesticand foreign markets, outposts in the Finnic hinterland pushing into the Kola peninsula, and into Saami lands in search of new hunting grounds. Raids and exploring into the Uralic frontier continues. Konstantin now reconciled with his father takes an interest in the Crown monopoly on the fur trade remembering his time in Constantinople learning about politics and economics amongst the greatest minds of the Mediterranean world sees an opportunity to improve upon the crown company and turn it into more then just a tax of the fur trade. He requests permission from his father to assume the management of the monopoly to which his father enthusiaticly agrees. Tsar Dimitry II also decides to make the heri to the Russian throne the Kniaz of Finland reappropriating the title of former vassal. Kniaz Konstantin begins his new duties employing diaks, and merchants to begin assessing the revenue of the crown monopoly. He also begins sending letters to the Hansa and to the Greeks to begin seeing if there is potential to begin using revenue from Russian pelts into joint ventures between the Russian crown and merchants and those of Lubeck and Constantinople. (Hansa and Byzantine response). He also issues a letter to his brother in law in Georgia suggesting that trade relations be opened up between Kiev and Tsibilli (Georgian response). As Dimitry II and Nikolay are occupied with the affairs of state the young Konstantin enters into directcommunication with Kniaz Aleksei Volhkov inquiring into the needs of Kazan to help improve revenue and expansion of activities in the region to which Aleksei responds more men and clerks to help keep track of inventory and to help enforce government rule to which Konstantin convinces Nikolay who in turn secures the approval of 3,000 more men and numerous diaks to help with the administration of the region including some of the new Pravaya who begin their investigations into missing Tatar serfs and travelling merchants around the region. Skirmishes in the frontier region with the Tatars escalate in frequency as some 3,000 Russian Cossacks led by Kniaz Aleksei himself carry out savage raids into the lands of the Tatars going south along the Volga. (Algo needed).
- Hanseatic Diplomacy: The League approves of joint fur-trade ventures in Russia.
- Kaisar-Autokrat Herodotus II agrees to the deal.
- Inca Empire: Expeditions were sent east to the Amazon rainforests in search of treasures and far off land for expansion and for the emperor. Expeditions were also sent up north.
- Kingdom of Ayutthaya: Tabinschwenti and his close friend Bayinnaung have returned home from their time in Japan at the insistence of Mingyi Nyo who believes his heir has spent enough time abroad and must return home to be prepared to assume the throne when Mingyi Nyo passes. The pacfication of the Malay Peninsula remains an ongoing effort with troops being used with extreme prejudice to suppress Malay rebels and insurrectionist so as to prevent the region from breaking away or revolting against Ayutthaya again. The Japanese educated administrators have proven themselves vital in the efforts to place the cities more under the authority of Ayutthaya with their knowledge helping to restructure the administration for cities and their surrounding areas. The Berat and Panta ships continue to be increasingly produced for serve with the ones already in use proving themselves to be extremely invaluable to Ayutthaya's efforts to project power and protect trade through the Malay Archipelago especially in regards to spice which is still under an Ayutthayan monopoly through the Commerce Guild due to long standing agreements between Ayutthaya and the Spice Islands. The invasion of Lampung raises concerns in the Ayutthayan court due to Majapahit's actions in what is perceived as Ayutthaya's sphere of influence but the decision is made to refrain from the conflict with any further movements by Majapahit on Sumatra against the other states being the line where Ayutthaya will intervene. The fortification of Ayutthaya's Dai Viet and Khmer borders remain an ongoing priority especially in light of the coup organized by Sdach Korn with Dai Viet backing making many in the court wary and uncertain of the Khmer.
- Roman Empire: Colonization efforts in Dobruja and Tyras result in a vibrant cultural mesh as Vlachs, Bulgars, and Greeks co-exist in the thriving port cities along the coast there. Old Church Slavonic in both Dobruja and Tyras is slowly supplanted with Greek by order of the Patriarch of Constantinople and the support of the Kaisar-Autokrat. The royal family and empire at large celebrate the marriage of Princess Theodora to Prince-Despot Manuel Hasapis of Tyras, the 20-year-old son of Alexandros Hasapis, Despot of Tyras. Internationally, a suitable wife is sought for Kaisar Andronikos (b. 1501), Crown Prince of the Roman Empire. Georgia specifically is sent gifts and a request for a suitable bride to be Empress of Rome. (Georgia Response, Please).
- Empire of Dai Viet-Lan Xang (Khun Lo dynasty): With the annexation of the Mekong Delta (renamed Cửu Long Delta), Emperor Photisarath begins to reform the administration in light of the expansion of Dai Viet-Lan Xang's territories. The highest position is of course the Emperor. Below His Majesty are the Privy Council with the Northern and Southern institution, with the addition of the Lan Xang institution, the Six Ministries, the Censorate and the Cabinet, along with other professional institutions like the Six Courts, Department of Produce (Cục Bách), Hanlin Academy, Imperial Academy, Academy of Scholarly Worthies, Academy of Doctors, Office of Transmission, Imperial Household Department, Court of the Imperial Clan, Directorate of Imperial Observatory, Department of History and the Armory. Along with that, are a reorganization of the provinces, in which the Northern and Lan Xang provinces remain the same but the southern provinces which recently gained and formerly were just three provinces that was Thuận Hóa, Quảng Nam and Cửu Long shall be further divided into Thuận Hóa, Quảng Nam, Quảng Ngãi, Gia Định (Prey Nokor), An Giang, Hà Tiên and Cà Mau (along with the island of Belitung). This is somewhat considered as the biggest administrative reform Dai Viet has ever experienced and is expected to make Dai Viet's centralization further implemented on its territories and boundaries. Vũ Như Tô finished his construction of Thiên Mụ Pagoda, and is called back to the court for future projects. Japanese merchant settlement in Hội An continues to grow, as their culture have somewhat spreaded here, with them building a small bridge in Hội An; and some of their folktales spread here most notably the tale of the Dancing Skeleton, whose characters' names gets deflected from Simo and Kami to Chim (or Simp) and Kameme.
- Hanseatic League: This is the 2nd full year of Peter Burkhart's (b. 1499) reign. He has a younger sister, Josephine Burkhart (b. 1502), married to Adolf Welling of Hamburg (b. 1496); a younger brother, Henry Burkhart (b. 1512) who is unwed; a younger sister, Matilda Burkhart (b. 1514) who is unwed; and a younger brother, Jacob Burkhart (b. 1519), who is not currently betrothed. Should Peter Burkhart pass away, an election will take place in Lübeck to determine the next Grand Mayor. Though the Burkhart family has run the League in a way resembling feudal lords, the chances of 17-year-old Henry being elected are slim. To secure a continued political alliance with Saxony, Matilda Burkhart is offered in marriage to Henry de la Mark. Things in the Tagfahrt continue to grow tense, as factions of Catholics and Protestants emerge. The Catholics continue to wield power over the Jungists, particularly through the alliance Lübeck-Hamburg holds with the Catholic archbishops of the realm. Most of the Jungists in the Hanseatic League are mainstream Jungists, though adherents to many different new sects of Christianity vary by region. Currently, the League is most concerned with Arnold Starck, and the Tagfahrt of 1529 becomes the first meeting of the Grand Syndics where something about the Jungists is actually accomplished. A vote to expel Arnold Starck and ban his literature is passed. Shortly thereafter, a vote on doing the same to Thinwhitedukists is passed. Starck flees to Thuringia, which is in the throes of Thinwhitedukism. In the meantime, mobs of Catholics form in many cities throughout the League to target Starckites and Thinwhitedukists. Though these occur all over the League, the most prominent one takes place in Bremen, which has the most concentration of Starckites in Northern Germany. Books are burned, pamphlets are destroyed, and people are beaten in the streets. This unrest lasts for days before settling down, as Starckists either leave Bremen or abandon their newfound faiths. It also leads to a massive influx in colonists arriving in the Hanseatic West Indies. Many congregate in Haiti, some establishing communities of Jungists on the Haitian northern coast. Others arrive with the fleets of Admiral Ambrosius Ehinger to establish the city of Neu Rostock in OTL Coro, Venezuela. Noting the verdant, warm climate and never having been to Venice himself, he names the region Klein Venedig (Little Venice). Germans throughout the Holy Roman Empire are invited to settle in Klein-Venedig as cartographers rush to produce a map of Klein-Venedig. Admiral Ambrosius Ehinger is the first governor of this colony, though ownership of the colony falls to Bartholomeus Gossler of Hamburg. Enticed by Muiscan tales of the golden man or Der Vergoldete Mann (OTL legend of El Dorado), Gossler lands with 400 men to establish military control over the region. An alliance is sent to the Timoto–Cuica. If they do not respond, the 400 men attack. Though he is attacking away from the reported direction of Der Vergoldete Mann, who is likely located closer to Ansgar and the cities along the Magdalena River, establishing control over the coast is vital to any inland conquest. In the meantime, slaves from Africa continue to arrive in Hanseatic colonies throughout the West Indies, particularly in Klein Venedig. It is around this point that Hanseatic slave ships begin to report lower death rates. Typically, anywhere from one-third to one-half of the human cargo are liable to dying during or after the voyage from Africa to Meridia. The Hanseatic African Company assumes control of most of the slave trade, and conditions on the ships improve. Of course, this is not out of any sort of humane reason; keeping the slaves alive is largely to ensure that a sale is made and these voyages are, in fact, profitable. Meanwhile, the Majapahit offer of a kontor in OTL Sumur is accepted, and work on a pier and workshop is underway by the year's end. German trade flows into Southeast Asian markets and vice-versa.
- Saxon diplomacy: Henry de la Marck and Edmund Alwin the Duke of Saxony accept the marriage proposal. The Hanseatic League's alliance with Saxony is strengthened. A number of Saxons, led by Captain Kolias Kape, travel to Klein Venedig, where they found a small settlement.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": In Churches all over the ardennes and southern Lotharingia extreme violences against Catholic churches accur. The Wagnerites destroying churches and their statue's all over Lotharingia, and other items the Wagnerites and Luidmonden consider as Icons. The Luidmonden, Taborites and wagnerites all believing that icons distract from the true purpose and messege of the Christian faith. These actions are perceived as heretical by both more conservative Catholics and the Zeeland ouddenkers, while the Reformists like Erasmus and the columbites believe the intentions are good but the actions themself go against the cause. Erasmus believing in keeping a Catholic church while reforming it deeply to remove church corruption, greed and monopoly on faith trough priests and bishops. Thus the Groot Belgische raad is in disarray with the Luidmonden officialy support the movement this being arround 65-70 members supporting the movement, to officialy remove Catholicism as the State religion. While most members in Malines are Reformists around 100 members being Reformists, these men believing that the church remove the corruption and the greed within the Church. King John VI after a long time of waiting decides to support the the reformists as the prevent total chaos acros Lotharingia, Generaal admiraal Juliean de Kremer doing the same. Juliaen ordering his 10,000 soldiers and 100 -hip fleet to be prepared, for if the beeldenstorm continue's. Juliaen wanting to preserve the peace in Lotharingia above all, Juliaen not being a politician or theologian but a Millitary man. Who loves his country and keeping it united his loyalty being with his sailor, De Kremer admitting to Nicolaas Everaerts that his loyalty will lay with hiis sailors and their desires. Most of his sailors coming from either Catholic or Culumbite and even a few being Middelburg ouddenkers even if they are a tiny minority on his ships and in Lotharingia as a whole. Thus, on the 5th of September 1529, the grote raad votes on removing Catholicism as the official of Lotharingia, the 175 members thus voting. 133 Voting to remove it 28 to keep the religion and 14 abstaining from voting, Thus Catholicism is not officially the state religion of the Kingdom of Lotharingia. Mainwhile in Bergen the First pigs and Cows get introduced to the lands by Johan Ruysch, this being done as a way to get more food and even leather and milk for the colonists. The town counting a population of circa 220 if Governor Ruysch were to be believed, the city having a small habour, a warehouse, workshops and one Pub. The Pub being called "Spaansche vuur" (Spanish fire) As from the pub you can see the spanish ships and their lights which can be perceived as fire from far away. While in Kebeck Fishing becomes increasing popular with the small begijn comunity who eat fish every friday instead of Other meats such as the introduced pig and local animals, the owl becoming popular as the 50 or so colonists keep hearing and seeing them. The Owl keeping the colonists awake somethings to the annoyance of the Colonists and even more the Begijnen, as they try not to swear or act unchristian.
- Kingdom of England: The spreading of bubonic plague to England causes domestic trade within England to decrease as numerous cities close their gates. This slows the economic recovery from the recent conflicts that the English Parliament had been trying to encourage, though maritime trade conducted by English merchants does continue and this helps the economy recover, if relatively slowly. The plague outbreak also takes most of attention of the English Parliament, who give funding (from taxes) to ecclesial clinics to treat victims; they are relieved that the Lancastrians and Yorkists managed to establish a truce soon enough that the plague did not arrive while there was still domestic warfare going on. Related to this, King Henry VIII of England had originally been planning to begin an invasion of Cornwall this year (as approved by the Hemel Hempstead summit), but he decides to postpone this to avoid the possibility of the plague ravaging his army. Nonetheless, he prepares soldiers from both sides of the civil war for such an invasion, and funds the manufacture of weapons in several of England's major city. The English clergy and religious orders, including the Mercedines, Jesuits, Servines and recently arrived Theatines, work hard to aid plague victims and perform charity in this time of crisis. Though the plague generally does not affect the noble class as much as the peasantry, Marcantonio Colonna, 1st Earl of Southampton (1478-1529) does die from it, just one year after being elevated; his son Thomas (b. 1502) becomes the 2nd Earl of Southampton. Despite the plague outbreak, ship construction for the royal navy continues at the dry docks of Bristol and Portsmouth. There remains some civilian unrest in London from both Lancastrian and Yorkist supporters, though the Hemel Hempstead summit and then the more immediate issue of the plague outbreak help calm this unrest. Anne Neville (~1475-1529), wife of Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset, also falls victim to the disease. John Beaufort (b. 1505), the Duke of Somerset's son and thus the second in line to the throne by the Hemel Hempstead agreement, also appears to fall sick, but he does not die, though he does not seem to have quite recovered by the end of the year either. Reginald Courtenay and Anne Boleyn have their second child, a daughter named Katherine (b. 1529); Constance of York and Kenneth IV of Bruce-Auvergne have their second child, a daughter named Catriona (Catrìona) (b. 1529); Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Lancaster and Mary Dacre have their second child, a son named George (b. 1529) after Henry's late father; and Edward of York, 2nd Duke of Clarence and Maria Habsburg-della Rovere have their second child, a son named William (b. 1529).
- Duchy of Greenland: The attempt by Henry to usurp his brother does not succeed, and instead sours the opinion of most of Greenland and Iceland toward their king. Conversely Arnar proves a capable leader, and has numerous children around this time. The Patriarch of Greenland, Jómika Ashoona, remains increasingly prolific and active, writing numerous religious texts, and promoting leaders to the church in his role as patriarch. He notes that Vinland’s recent defeat was likely due to their hubris in rejecting the patriarch, and Jómika christens a new bishop to travel to Vinland and replace the late bishop.