Emperor Babur al-Mo'h leads what would be his final campaign in India at Gondwana, suppressing the Gondi people and besieging Nagpur. After the dust settled however, his alcoholism got the best of him, much like it did his idol, and he died due to alcohol poisoning in May of this year. His death would shake the Empire, with his only son being assassinated the day after his fathers death at the age of nine. With Babur's uncle being elderly and living in the homeland, the military generals and companions of Babur al-Mo'h divide up the Empire that he founded.
In Southern Hindustan, the Gurkani dynasty is deposed in favor of a native Islamic dynasty known as the Javed Dynasty. They flee to Persia following their Deposition.
As a result of contact farther north, The Inca Empire suffers immensely from Smallpox and their population falls drastically. Many believe the end of the world is here and the death of the Sapa Inca leaves only his young son not yet able to govern sitting upon the throne.
As more and more territory is taken by Spain in Central America, some issues come up in terms of administering some of the taken lands prompting the Conquistadores to come up with a way to manage the territory they have taken while still trying to push through the region.
Duke Aymon II of Savoy (1462-1530) dies of natural causes. He is succeeded as Duke by his son, Edward II (b. 1500).
- Papal States: Pope Lucius IV continues to support the Counter-Reformation and reinforce the Inquisition. The Tridentine Catechism, the works of Johann von Eck, the book of Thomas More and the book of Joseph of Iona are extensively printed by the Pontifical Roman Press and spread to the Catholic nations. The pope continues giving support to the missionary works in the colonies of Catholic nations. Michelangelo finishes the tomb of Pope Lucius IV and returns to work painting the frescos of the Gregorian Chapel. The Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuilt. The artist Galeazzo Rado continues painting the ceiling of the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano. The military and navy of the Papal States continues to be modernized and the walls of Rome continue to be fortified. Both the Aurelian and Servian Walls are improved with it towers, crenellations, gates and other structures being repaired and modernized. Rooms to store weapons are built inside both walls, this way the soldiers will have easy access to weapons during sieges. A student of Natural Theology from Saint Augustine’s University named Severino Vecera writes to the ruler of Mali asking for a visit in this nation to see the plants and animals living there. [Mali response needed, please]. The Jesuits continue to preach and to do acts of charity. The Servants of Jesus also continue doing missionary work and charitable works. The Servines also continue to teach children the Catechism. Margaret Habsburg Della Rovere writes to King Elvin of Spain asking to establish a convent of the Servants of Jesus in Spain and to teach the Catechism there. [Spain response needed, please]. The Jesuit Deodato Piacentino writes to the ruler of Austria asking to establish the Society of Jesus in this nation to help protect the Catholic faith against the Protestantism. [MOD response needed, please]. Another member of the Society of Jesus named Xavier Oñate writes to the Swiss Confederacy asking to establish his Order there. [MOD response needed, please]. The convent of the Capuchin Poor Clares in Rome is organized and named as the Convent of Santa Maria in Jerusalem. The nuns also open a hospital to take care of prostitutes in the city. The Habsburg Della Rovere Family continues to rise as one of the most important families in the Papal States. Along with the Lordships of Poggio Miterto, Monte San Giovanni Campano and Viterbo the family have control over several properties, a Mercenary Company and investments in trade companies. After years living in the Papal States and building their power in the Italian Peninsula, the family sees Austria as a distant part of their past and their future is in the Peninsula. The people across the Papal States call them as the Asburgo and the members of family, considering themselves more Italian than Austrians at this point adopt it. This way the Family becomes Asburgo Della Rovere and their properties and titles are named as the Asburgo possessions. Philip Asburgo Della Rovere and Anna von Lenzburg have a son named Filippo. Other births happen in the Asburgo Della Rovere Family: Joana and Giovan Battista Savelli have a daughter named Eleonora, Maximilian and Mary Boleyn have a son named Massimiliano. This year Laura Orsini dies and a mass is celebrated by her uncle Cardinal Alessandro Farnese in the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano.
- Republic of Ancona: The modernization of the Republic’s navy continues. The Jesuits continue preaching in the Republic. Henry Asburgo Della Rovere continues to invest in the trade companies of the Republic. Due to the prestige of his family, he soon becomes one of the Elders of Ancona.
- Tsardom of Russia: Aleksei's successful raids into the lands of the Tatars raise eyebrows Kiev as Dimitry II while angered by the independent action of his governor of Kazan has also grown restless with the desire to fully stomp out the independent khans that remain in the remnants of the Golden horde to truly become the master of the steppes. Using the continued existence of a steppe slave trade centred around Astrakhan and Sarai as justification for the campaign, He orders the mustering of 75,000 troops from the levies made up of freeholders, Boyars, and Rus' Cossacks from the frontier region. Dimitry's veteran cavalry and heavy infantry make up the core fighting force numbering some 50,000. An invitation is sent to the Greek and Moldavian Cossacks to join in the campaign if they desire and share in the plunder (mod response), and Konstantin sends a letter to his brother-in-law in Georgia inviting him to partake in the subugation of the Steppes. Dimitry II decides to split his army in two with the main force of 45,000 men under Dimitry's direct control moving along the Volga to assume command of the invasion from Aleksei, while his son Konstantin is given his first battle command alongside the Greek Boyar Nestoras Manikis (savage leader) leading the other 30,000 mainly made up of cavalry to invade the Tatar lands in the Don River region. Siege weaponry is also ordered to be brought forward. Upon Dimitry's arrival in Kazan Aleksei is privately reprimanded for his independent action for which Kniaz Aleksei apologizes for his insubordination. The matter is left at that as Aleksei is Dimitry's right hand on the steppes and he is soon afterward congratulated for the successful raids. With 48,000 troops the army advances south along the Volga toward Sarai in a steady fashion with Aleksei commanding the cavalry and Cossacks who, if successful, will carry out a flanking maneuver while Dimitry leads the main army made up of his veteran Varyag and Streltsy (pike and shot formations) advance in formation along the river in case of a steppe attack employing war wagons and river boats as a means of protecting the supply lines. armored river barges based on Greek designs from the Great Rus' Civil war are also employed to act as artillery from the river side and to fire upon any possible steppe nomads who think about a river approach. (Algo needed). Konstantin and Nestoras lead the second army in an attempt to push into the Tatar lands held in the Don River region pushing along the river toward the stretch where the Volga and Don come close to each other, with Nestoras leading the forces and Konstantin learning from the experienced battlefield commander. Nestoras Manikis outfits a small group of his cavalry with wheellocks being equipped to skirmishers while he employs lancers and Cossacks to break the enemy lines. (algo needed). Fur trapping and Mining continue to grow in the Uralic region as new outposts are set up. Nikolay Turgenev is left in charge of overseeing the Russian state for the duration of the conflict as co-regent along with the Tsarina Sohpia.
- Roman Response: Strategos Tagaris, a cousin of Despot Theodore Tagaris of Cappadocia, is tasked with raising a small army of Kozakos and raiding to aid the Russians. In total a theme's worth of imperial lancers, 6,000 men are raised from the Themata around Constantinople and in Taurica. To supplement them 12,000 Kozakos are raised on the promise of gold and glory.
- Moldavian Response: 5,000 Cossacks are enticed by the offer of glory and wealth and set out to join the Russian military adventure.
- Abbasid Caliphate: Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, after re-stablizing the Caliphate and its territory, begins looking toward fulfillment in God's eyes. Inspired by the works of the House of Wisdom and the Abbasid Golden Age, translators are coalesced into the Great Library in an effort to translate works across all walks of life. The Mamlūk Knights being policing the Zaidiyyah Shi'ites. Roads throughout the Arabian peninsula begin being built, allowing for an era of centralization within Arabia, with expansion toward Al Qurayyat and Ithrah. The territories of Oman are annexed into the Caliphate, with many of the Ibadi scholars relocating to Cairo, which allows for further discussion on theological developments within Islam. Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman returns to Cairo, stationing a garrison in the region, and later that year, his heir, Ibrahim bin Mehmud, would be born. The total occupation of much of the Arabian peninsula would foster trade inward with the desert merchants, allowing for expansion within the peninsula at a small rate, although much of this expansion wouldn't be realized until late in Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman's reign.
- Kingdom of Portugal: Crown Prince Sebastian arrives at the royal palace in Lisboa where the royal council agrees to the queen's decision making him be the heir apparent. In accordance with this, he begins the royal school where he will learn all the necessary skills for a future ruler. Meanwhile, the queen and her husband go on a royal tour to all of Portugal's colonies now together. In Mauritius, the white dodo population has taken over a small part of the dodo community there. The queen issues a royal decree which makes this year's funding go toward modernizing and rebuilding the bad quarters of Porto and Lisboa so that both cities are up to Portuguese standards.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": In Skylge a Northern Frisian island the Russians immigrants and mostly begin to show their influence as the first small orthodox church is established. A Russian type alcohol which looks similar to water but has very high amounts of alcohol Vodka having her first brewery "Шульгская пивоварня", the Skylge Brewery. The Drink being very popular amongst both the peasants and sailors of Skylge and the higher ups such as Juliaen De Kremer and the king, even when the drink is not that know and beer is prefer due to price and general taste of the drink. This drink being taken by some merchants to Athens as these merchants have been told that this Russian water has special healing power, the merchants planning on a special expedition to the new Muslim Caliphate. Thus a Merchant named Bart Degroot delivering the special healing water to Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, he gives this Russian water together with some Lotharingian Cloth and couple of sprouts and a pet dog called Kippie whom is a Malinois. (Caliphate Response). Gifts also being given to the Tribes of both the herdersvlaktes, Broekzand and Kebeck, these gifts often being a form of greeting and a sign of good intention toward the populations they come across. In Lotharingia the peace has for the moment settled as Juliaens soldiers readying combined with the removal of Catholicism as the official state religion. This temporarily calms down many of the moderate protestants as the Groot Belgische raad is willing to talk to various religious groups to keep the peace.
- Caliphate Diplomacy: Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, noticing the putrid and sour smell of haram miles away, declines the offer of "holy water", knowing it to be false and forbidden. Before putting the men to death by stoning due to their perceived hatred in believing the Caliph to be weak, his wife argues them to be mere merchants and not a formalized diplomatic insult. So, he accepts the tribute of Kippie and Lotharingian clothes, appreciating its vibrant hue while the Sultana presents Kippie to their first child. In response, he leaves the merchant Bart Degroot with translated Arabian classics, Ibn Khaldun's "The Introduction", and a fine selection of Arabian royal garments.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned.
- Banate of Bosnia: Within this territory everything is doing fine. We feed off Hungary itself by prospering with trade and the economy. Our industries are doing what we can to help Hungary out.
- Banate of Severin: The territory experiences prosperity from Hungary. Trade is going well and the economy is as well. Other sectors of the nation also do well helping Hungary out.
- Majapahit Empire: As the capitulation of Bandar Lampung news came to the Trag, him being delighted by this fact is good, the army will resupply and stock up their supplies and sack the capital, an attempt to Strom the palace of the Lampung King is made by the soldiers, in an attempt to subjugate him under Buddhist Majapahit rule. [RNG needed if succeeded or failed, please]. Meanwhile, we send a white horse as a tribute to the Chinese emperor asking to open up an extensive rice silk trade and porcelain lumber trade and also expecting a twice value gift. [Tian response, please]. With the matter of new flocking Muslims who arrive and started to grow in Java started to worry the Trag, as a first act to suppress this expansion in an very inaggressive way, 300,000 Majapahit Buddhist settlers will resettle In Demak as they are promised with better life in the area. More 50,000 settlers from Bali Island shall be relocated also to Demak to retain the Buddhist population there as a majority to suppress any potential revolt and to establish a direct and strong stronghold as a Hindu-Buddhist ruler. The Dai Viet soldiers are treated very well in the frontier as they are treated as equal seen as brothers in arms and in culture. With most of Lampung troops being totally annihilated from the region, after resupplying and taking rest 10,000 soldiers (additional from a support of 5,000 soldiers from Timor) and another 5,000 soldiers from Sunda lands in eastern Java mounting up an army of 20,000 strong leaving an estimated number of ~4,000 soldiers to guard Bandar Lampung and serve as a garrison. The 20,000 strong will go to subjugate the town of Metro to cut off Lampung from its supply lines and force them into surrender, Giam Hapkan will also lead the army with now siege weapons being built after the capitulation of Bandar Lampung with Captured light infrastructure. [Algorithm needed, please].
- Mahayarda of Sebuirto Archipelago: The population reaches 31,000. More huts appear in each island. Trade appears to be more common with the Europeans. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well.
- Mahayarda of Timor: The population reaches 271,300. Urbanization process begins with Pambri reaching 30,300 residents. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well. The trade with the Portuguese becomes more intensive. 5,000 soldiers are sent to Majapahit for it military campaign, hoping for a reward if did.
- Powu: the population reaches 4,000, Adji Supandi finances the construction of the port that enters the sixth year of construction. trade with the indigenous people started to appear more intensive.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha Archipelago: The population reaches 6,500. The archipelago is doing fine.
- Tian Response: The Emperor accepts the gift and responds with a generous gift of his own, a set of very fine robes and silks for the Majapahit Royals. He also agrees to establish Chinese mercantile relations with the Majapahit and sends traders to establish Han merchant communities within Majapahit.
- Kingdom of Dagon (formerly Ayutthaya-Toungoo): Rama Mingyi Nyo has passed on leaving Tabinschwenti as his only son and sole heir to the vast Ayutthaya-Toungoo Kingdom that had been assembled over the course of decades. Tabinschwenti begins to move quickly to secure his authority over the bureaucracy and nobility through a combined effort with between the Temenggung and the Krasuang Kalahom with an operation to remove nobles and officials who had proven themselves less than loyal to the Kingdom as a show of force for his authority. He also moves to declare the city of Dagon as his new capital due to its more central position between Toungoo and Ayutthaya allowing for a more central position from which to govern as well as a usable seaport. Architects, engineers, and officials are brought in from across the Kingdom to plan out and build up the city to serve as the central hub for governance and administration alongside a palace for the Rama. The island, henceforth known as Prelean, at the center of the mouth of the Bago River is subject to a construction project for a fort, port, and coastal defenses to prevent attempts to threaten the new capital. Officials, officers, and advisors are tasked with altering the institution connecting the kingdom to Ayutthaya toward Dagon including the reassignment of a portion the Capital Defense Corps at Ayutthaya to the city to safeguard its construction and provide oversight from the military perspective. Though Dagon will be the new capital, Ayutthaya's cultural and historical significance makes it so the decision is made to house the royal archives and other matters pertaining to culture in the city. Until the new capital is completed, Tabinschwenti governs the Kingdom from Ayutthaya and holds court due to the incomplete nature of the new capital. Those that had served as a part of childhood staff are awarded with titles with Tabinschwenti marrying their daughters: Khin Hpone Soe and Khin Myat. His childhood friend of Ye Htut as well as others are placed into positions of confidantes for the new Rama but the core advisors retain their position and authority from their time under Mingyi Nyo unless their loyalties were to come into question. Despite the defensive arrangement made between Ayutthaya-Toungoo and the Confederation of Shan States, doubts remain among the court in regards to the actions of the Confederation due to the rumors of looting of Buddhist Pagodas and the killing of monks make their way into the Kingdom alongside a large influx of refugees fleeing the chaos. The refugees are welcomed into the Kingdom of Dagon with their numbers being resettled across the entire kingdom to ensure that their assimilation is easier and their manpower contributed to regions in need of them. The policy of the fortification of defenses along the eastern border with Dai Viet and the Khmer remains under the same commitment as with previous rulers due to the rivalry between the two regions. The Bendahara is ordered to reorganized the bureaucracy to ensure that administrators and officials for regions are not located from it to break up any efforts by regional governors to break away and form their own homogeneous states. The navy continues to operate in the capacity assigned to it such as defending trade routes and power projection with the new ship design being put into service continuing to be phased in due to their value and ability to hold up to foreign ships. Remembering the recent rebellion of the Malay Peninsula, oversight and security for the region remains an utmost priority to prevent future dissent in the economically vital and strategic region. The Temmengung is ordered to focus the efforts of his spy networks in the region and assist the local garrisons in removing rebellious elements ruthlessly as a sign of the Kingdom's now wavering feelings of tolerance to the troublesome region.
- Roman Empire: Running out of time and with no Georgian response, Andronikos weds Anna of Cappadocia to cement relations with the Despot there. He then joined Strategos Tagaris in Taurica, bringing with him the 6,000 Imperial Lancers. Domestically, the optics industry in Constantinople thrives as merchants in need of reading glasses support a large and advanced sector. A second major naval arsenal begins construction in Thessaloniki this year to supplement the Constantinople Arsenal and take over some of the shipbuilding needs of the empire. The Nicaean Arsenal, also strained by the weight of the expanded Theme System is ordered to prepare plans to build a second major arsenal at Adrianople. Otherwise, trade continues well, especially in Russia as the revenue of the furs trade reaches banks in Constantinople. A great deal of Russian wealth flows into these banks who invest in projects throughout the empire and beyond. Neo-Euergetism flourishes in coastal Asia Minor, as well as the interior cities of Caesarea and Iconium. In Hellas proper it spreads throughout the Peloponnese and into Epirus. Churches, baths, libraries, aqueducts, and even roads are all built by these donations to society. The civil impact of Neo-Euergetism also spreads rapidly in Dobruja where the wealthy will voluntarily construct grand communal polders for distribution to the poor. The appeal and prestige brought by this pulls the local Vlachian and Bulgarian nobility into Greek society as a means of maintaining status, and thus begins the process of regional grecification in earnest.
- Empire of Dai Viet-Lan Xang: The news of the death of Mingyi Nyo has reached the ears of Emperor Phothisarath who sent envoys to attend his funeral to show condolences for the late king. (Siam Response) The envoys also deliver words from the Emperor to the new Siam king wishing to improve relations and stating that this hostility between Siam and Dai Viet is unnecessary. Trade flourishes with Lotharingia and Portugal as more weaponry imported, to equip them to the Dai Viet-Lan Xang army. Many Lao troops are given naval military training programs due to the maritime borders of Dai Viet. Geographers are sent to draw the maps of the new territories gained and Chiang Hung to make additions to the Hồng Đức atlas drawn during the reign of Emperor Lê Thánh Tông. The elephantry unit of the Dai Viet-Lan Xang army gets upgraded with armor equipments applied to the elephant with the elephant riders practicing bomb-throwing. As elephant has always been a national symbol of Lan Xang, and the elephant also has a history tied to Dai Viet as well with the Trưng sisters and Lady Triệu riding elephants in battle against the Chinese, the Emperor will preserve elephants as a national symbol of Dai Viet-Lan Xang (OOC: RIP, Mrs. Elephant. May your and your baby’s souls rest in peace.) With that, the image of Elephants under a White Parasol is made into his Imperial Banner. Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm is promoted to become the head of the Privy Council whose job is to give advices to the Emperor. The Ministry of Revenue is effortly trying to improve the irrigration system, the construction of leeves in the Cửu Long Delta, with Dai Viet now gaining official control of the delta. As Dai Viet has gained control of the output of the Mekong River, trade through the Mekong gives Dai Viet wealth through taxes collected from ships passing through there.
- Dagon Diplomacy: The envoys of Dai Viet-Lan Xang are received with their condolences being a welcome surprise for Tabinschwenti and the court.
- Kingdom of Arles-Burgundy: During this year King Lucas II began actively seeking appropriate partners for his son and daughter, Louis II (born 1514) and Mary (born 1520) respectively). He would also offer an alliance to fellow Catholic defender Habsburg (player response needed), and Étienne Grozelier, Count of Beaune, brother-in-law of the King, was dispatched to serve as an envoy to Habsburg during this mission. The Parliament of Aix-en-Provence is created this year, as a provincial parlement (a type of appellate court that is different from a parliament). An admiral named Michel Riccio attempts to hunt down a pirate operating out of the Barbary Coast, and he proceeds to raid Northern Africa near Algiers, potentially creating a scandal with the Abbasid Caliphate.
- Empire of Japan: The development and expansion into Siberia comes to a light half as the lands are taken stock of and in the southern regions areas are evaluated for future villages or settlement. The Highway running through the former Manchu khanate continues its development making slow progress through the northern Manzhu region in part due to its funding coming mostly from the local government. However, this year there is a large lump sum sent to help spur on the growth and help the roadway grow more quickly. The newest Carradjong rolls out of the shipyards of Osaka bringing the Imperial navies total to four with plans to add it to the Java sea fleet based jointly based out of Kuching with the South China sea fleet. The Japanese population after the latest census reaches 13.4 million which shocks many bringing the growth rate to a number yet unheard of. It is noted that the vast prosperity of the home provinces local economy as well as prosperity abroad (barring the few years of wokou trade disruption). Much of the growth seems to have been centered on the cities of Aimoi, Nahodki, Kyoto, Osaka, Fukuoka, Sendai, Niigata, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Sapporo all of which have seen their urban populations continues to explode. Rural population has also notably increased. The development of the Palabag settlement continues as it is noted roughly 300 permanent residents are in the small town of Inoshin while a loose number of farmers are outside the settlement. Due to its prominent stopping point the area relies heavily on sailors stopping in for defense if needed. However, many of the natives seem more than happy to live and let live. The Alaskan settlements continue to expand. Sugi itself grows to about 100 people while Kenenaitzu officially becomes the largest settlement in the region (not that its much to brag about) with roughly 400 permanent residence, currently running many of the extent outposts and fur ranging claims along the Arasakuran coast.
- Kingdom of England: The English Parliament continues to fund ecclesial clinics, though the plague outbreaks in England appears to be starting to wind down. Domestic trade and the overall economy remain down because of the outbreak, though late in the year the levels of trade start to increase again. The English clergy and religious order continue to try to aid plague victims and perform other acts of charity in this time of crisis. Shipbuilding for the royal navy continues at the dry docks of Bristol and Portsmouth. Thinking that the risk from the plague is decreasing and not wanting to waste too much time to strike while the enemy is impaired, King Henry VIII of England continues the military preparations from the previous year and starts having soldiers move west from London as part of his plan to retake Cornwall. Oxford and Portsmouth, previously used as military bases during the civil war, see military use again as King Henry VIII's army moves west in the direction of Cornwall, gathering more soldiers along the same. Some of the English nobility, particularly amongst those who were on the Lancastrian side in the recent internal conflicts, do not agree with King Henry VIII's plan, but the major Lancastrian leaders such as Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset and Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick respect the Hemel Hempstead agreement and allow the army organised by King Henry VIII to pass through their territories unhindered. Some Lancastrians even contribute troops to the army, and the originally Scottish mercenary company led by Alexander Anderson also participates in this endeavour. By the end of the year, the troops are moving through and gathering in Somerset and Devon in the southwest of England. The large army's movements so soon after the plague outbreak put some economic pressure on these regions, but the ongoing increase in maritime trade for England helps alleviate this, especially in the coastal regions. King Henry VIII's son Edward of York, 2nd Duke of Clarence, still disgruntled by his father's choice to disinherit him from the throne at Hemel Hampstead, does not travel with the army but instead remains behind in London. Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset (1477-1530) dies from a disease (unrelated to the plague outbreak) after briefly travelling with King Henry VIII's army, and his eldest son William (b. 1497) becomes the 3rd Marquess of Dorset. William's younger Robert Grey also comes into the national eye when, after Archbishop of York Thomas Wolsey dies of natural causes, Grey is selected to become his replacement. Some bishops feel Grey is too young and inexperienced for the position, but his experience with the Order of Divine Mercy, for which he had recently become the head administrator of the Bluefriars priory in Wells in Somerset, is cited in Grey's favour. King Henry VIII writes to Pope Lucius IV, asking him to create Grey as cardinal to replace Wolsey. (Papal response). George Percy, 6th Earl of Northumberland (b. 1503) marries Katherine Beaufort (b. 1507), daughter of William Beaufort, 1st Duke of Exeter. Philippa Grey and Henry Stafford, 4th Duke of Buckingham have their second child, a daughter named Alice (b. 1530); and Edward Stafford, 3rd Earl of Wiltshire and Ursula Pole have their second child, a son named John (b. 1530). In Rome, Konrad von Lenzburg and Eleanor Asburgo-della Rovere have their second child, a son named Hermann (b. 1530).
- Jungist Räterepublic of Thuringia: During this time there were numerous interactions during this time between the Starkists and the “Orthodox” Anabaptists; this term was largely an oxymoron and purported by the most popular Anabaptist movement of Thuringia, but there existed no uniform or orthodox anabaptist doctrine in actuality. In practice there were several movements across Germany, with Thuringia having perhaps the largest concentration of groups and the largest number of adherents, that were only loosely united in their belief regarding baptism. In truth, the Anabaptist movement in Thuringia chiefly had no unifying name, although it was commonly, and perhaps erroneously, referred to as Thinwhitedukism due to its association with that political ideology, of which there was a large degree of religious overlap. To rectify this problem, Nietzche would work with Karl Schopenhauer, Peter Meise II, and various others in the hopes of establishing on paper the Anabaptist doctrine, and unite the various radical fringes centered in the region. Overall not all the theologians could agree; there was a major division between the “Inspirationalists”, who believed they had received direct revelation from the Spirit, and the “Rationalists”, who more plainly rejected traditional Christian doctrine, in some cases even trinitarianism. Around the same time the debate had begun of what doctrine Thuringia technically adhered to. On paper it was a “Jungist Räterepublic”, but as the Jungist movement split into various categories, both Anabaptist and not, it was unclear what this referred to specifically. The result was the Synod of Jena, in which many of the greatest theologians of the day were called to form their arguments. This included the Anabaptist writers, mainstream Jungists like Freud and Michael Kierkegaard, Martin Breuer of the “Grand Synod”, and even Starkists from the Hansa. Ultimately all could readily agree that Catholicism ought to be be banned. The Anabaptist movement, although distinct and quite contradictory to Jungism, recognized Jungism as “the branch in its family tree”, and the synod recognized Jungism as the state religion, when it was made clear that Jungism the movement could refer to any of the Protestant sects born out of it, not just mainstream Jungism. Effectively this recommended to the Supreme Rätia, with theologian backing, that partial religious toleration be enacted for all those who were at least a form of Protestant.
- The Spanish Empire: The fall of Tenochtitlan, an event that will be a fateful moment for the Mexican people and a new beginning for Spanish America. The news reached Elvin, the father of Cynthia with the King spitting out his coffee. The epic written in diary finally reached his majesty and he was left speechless over his daughter's ability to command. The siege lasted six months where 45,000 men in the city of canals fought to the bitter end. After failure and success and starvation, the city was all theirs. The city is proclaimed on this day after the execution of the elites as Nueva Roma which Cynthia convinced the natives to mean New Beginning. She had with her allies and men slaying her enemies and the leadership. Quickly appointing her allies amongst the locals to positions of authority and now quickly accelerating movements of men to the land to have children with new converts as monks work vigorously to spread the true faith. Many men are needed for reconstruction and recovery of the region but in the meantime, the allies who had pledged allegiance had been entitled to the encomienda, a gift of land and labor from those who they had rightfully conquered. The amount of gold the land had to offer was immense, more than the Empire at home had to offer. The Viceroy of New Spain is declared with Cynthia stepping into position of authority as her allies are absorbed seeing their weakened state and accepting her as the mother of the Mexica with much resistance being crushed. Meanwhile, Carlos Maria de Española settles Cartagena along the coast of Colombia. Meanwhile, new settlers arrive around the Isthmus and continue to settle. Tumaco and Buenaventura are settled as well by Danielo Castelo and Jose Buenaventura bringing along with them 80 slaves and 260 settlers.
The removal of Catholicism as the state religion of Lotharingia prompts unrest among the most devout Catholics of the nation and many among the nobility. A group of nobles in the north form the League of Deventer and make a petition demanding that the king rescind the religious policy. However, this turns bloody when Lord William the Silent of Utrecht takes matters into his own hands and attacks a Jungist militia forming near Tiel. The nation becomes split largely between the Catholic north and the Protestant south, while a handful of coastal cities (Antwerp, Rotterdam, Amsterdam) abstain from either side and instead seek to promote their own autonomy from the crown. These cities ask for aid from England (as do the Catholics) and France, while the Protestants primarily seek the aid of neighboring German states.
Only a year after the death of the Dark Emperor Babur al-Mo'h, and the Indian subcontinent continues to collapse into revolt. In the south, a number of Islamic factions left over from the former Gurkani Empire rise in jihad against the southern Nyaka, while the Bengal Sultanate begins its invasion of the Delhi Sultanate, beseiging the city of Patna until nothing but bones and rubble remained. In the Mohebid Sultanate, the second Emperor and uncle of Babur, Davar ibn Kalan, establishes the "Northern Alliance", or simply Bactria, allowing for a tripartite pact to be set up between the Empire, the Indus Kingdom, and the Punjabi Sultanate.
In Hungary the over-ambitious ship-building campaign grinds to a halt when a modest storm sinks four of the five largest ships completed by the Ragusan Shipyards. Having sunk a large portion of the treasury into these ships the nobility is furious to hear of their loss and demands that shipbuilding scale back and focus on smaller merchant ships.
In Lisbon, Portugal an earthquake strikes the city damaging infrastructure and causing thousands of deaths. The city is left paralyzed for much of this year as the Royal government seeks to catalogue and attempt to alleviate some of the damage.
The Kõpu Lighthouse is completed on Hiiumaa.
As the enormous drought in Henan province continues, coupled with a gigantic swarm of locusts in the summer, many in destitute agricultural communities to turn to cannibalism instead of dying of starvation.
The University of Sarajevo is founded by Gazi Husrev-beg.
The Papal Inquisition causes a controversy when four cardinals are arrested: Giovanni Pietro Carafa, Cristoforo Spiriti, Pietro Accolti, and Giovanni Salviati. The cardinals are accused of being in violation of Papal decrees or in violation of the list of prohibited works, while Carafa is linked to a growing population of Waldensians in Calabria.
The Majapahit Empire experiences a period of religious and political unrest as Bali's Buddhists and Demak's Muslims clash in the political realm of the empire. Several small revolts in both territories sap the strength of the Majapahit military and cause many to question such expansion.
In Germany, Edward de la Marck, Count of Wasaborg (1453-1531) dies of natural causes, and is succeeded as Count by his son Peter Edward (b. 1493).
In Arles, Aline of Anjou-Lenzburg (1461-1531), the mother of King Lucas II of Arles who had previously been co-monarch, dies of a disease.
- Tsardom of Russia: Following the successful campaign season of 1530 Dimitry II and Kniaz Aleksei make their way down to the point where the Don and Volga create a chokepoint where their forces converge with those of Konstantin and Nestoras just north of the city of Sarai. With their armies now combined a camp is set up by around the place of OTL Volgograd (Stalingrad) where a large wooden fort reinforced with earthworks is quickly assembled by sappers to act as a base from which Tsar Dimitry II will direct the Siege of Sarai as well as a supply depot with supplies coming from Kazan along the Volga River. Using the full control of central part of the river Dimitry also opens up a new supply line from Tana in Moldavian territory to shorten the supply lines setting up a garrison on the Don near the new wooden fort. From his new position Dimitry II's 67,372 strong army begins the Siege Sarai ordering Kniaz Nestoras Manikis to oversee the sappers and infantry setting up earthworks from which Russian artillery will bear down on the walls of Sarai the old capital of the Mongol Heathens while Aleksei and Konstantin are put in charge of of the cavalry who carry out raids into Tatar lands and carry out a blockade of the supply and trade routes to Sarai. The Streltsy and Varyag use the earthworks and war wagons to protect themselves as the siege of the city starts. Artillery outfitted and armored barges are employed on the walls from the river side as well with some other armored barges being filled with stretlsy to protect them from any would be raiders. (Algo Needed). Dimitry II sends word to Nikolay back in Kiev via river messengers to outfit another Cossack host. Nikolay complies raising a further 15,000 Cossacks along with 5,000 Qasim light cavalry to act as auxiliary who are then sent to reinforce Dimitry's position north of Sarai. Iron Mining on the finnic coastline and around Moscow picks up as demand for steel for armor, and weapons increases. Production of Gunpowder also increases as more matchlocks are produced. Fishing and agriculture continue to grow in the Kazan region flax is introduced as a new crop to the area. Cattle and horse breeding continue to grow rapidly as demand grows for both export and for the war effort. Salted beef and horse meat become common food in the region. Trapping in the Eastern Frontier continues to grow, with many a trapper generating a good income from selling good pelts which many in turn use to buy a plot of land or to invest in further adventures to the interior. Hide tanning begins growing a lot of in towns like Kazan. The port city of Neva continues to grow as an economic hub as Hansa merchants purchase large quantities of pelts, and timber there and Baltic goods are brought in to sell in domestic markets. Luxury goods from the Silk Road flow upstream to the Neva through the growing trade networks in Russia taking advantage of the cheaper river trade then overland through Poland. Many of the Russian cities begin to economicly recover in part because this trade and a return of peace to the core regions. The cties of Kiev and Novgorod continue to grow wealthy as the Boyars and merchants of these cities in particular profit greatly off the growing trade. The Printing industry in Russia continues to grow being overwhelmingly dominated by either Novgorod or Kiev. A close friend of the Patriarch Boris Gagarin Kniaz Ivan Stroganov the head of the wealthy Stroganov merchant family in Novgorod enters into communications with Nikolay Turgenev as their interest in becoming a partner in the growing fur trade, though any final decision of further cooperation would need the permission of Dimitry or Konstantin as the executors of the Crown monopoly.
- Mali Empire: In the old age of Mustafa II, the eastern regions of the Mali Empire gradually descended further into instability. De-facto power of the empire rested with control of his cousin Ayyob Sefawa, who assumed control over the advisory council since the absence of Yahya Mamamoo. Prince Ayyob, motivated to secure more power for his paternal relatives in Kanem, organized the eastern territory into a police state under the Morikanda, with direct military occupation of Gao, Daura and Agadez with a mixture of Manding and Fulani mercenaries. The Gbara is believed to have disapproved of his actions, but the Maghan princes were largely powerless to stop what was essentially Ayyob's private army. The princes of the western territories, still enjoying prosperity at this time, held disdain for this barbarity. In Timbuktu, Ibn Khalil was recently retired from being chief director of the Arbory, but was noted at this time to be the host for the visit of Severino Vecera from Rome. Vecera was shown the Arbory, the exquisite menagerie and greenhouse embedded within the massive University of Timbuktu, where every kind of plant, bird and small animal was represented from across the plains of the Sahel, and Nigeria as well. Khalil and the chief director Boro Mboob demonstrated to Vecera their theory of "Mirath Al-Ruh", or literally "inheritance of spirit", that was the popular theory of basic genetics at this time. Mboob also offered Vecera to be given a baby giraffe as a gift for his good will. This is often used by historians as evidence against the theory that the arbory was already in decline this early on. In the far west, Abd Al-Muttalib leads his last campaign in the inland parts of Meridia, attempting to conquer the Ceata people with a force of 950 troops. (algo request, please. I used the google form already). At this point, the colonies of Jearda and Kambina are both small but vastly diverse, immediately causing a clash of cultures between the unintelligible languages of the African people, even in their limited population of 3,000 people. A central council of Babani and Manding settlers came up with a basic compact, that would act as an unofficial constitution for the Meridian colony from then on. The compact stipulated each class of society was distinguished by their languages, analogous to the discrimination of the Gbara by clans. It was at this point that Jalut Kujabi set out on his own expedition further south along the coast of Meridia, exploring the coast of OTL Brazil as far as the Lotharingian colony of Bergen. He was desperately trying to find some passage or opening in the southern continent, trying to reach further west to either the East Indies or the Empire of Abu Bakr, which he was convinced was on the opposite coast of the continent. In Germany, Arnold the Almost Omnivorous continued at gathering intelligence on the background of the referees in the football game, and he related any information he gathered back to Khalil's sister Maha. Mamamoo, however, hearing of the critical condition of Mustafa II was compelled to take his leave of absence from Europe and return to Africa.
- Kingdom of Dagon: The construction and remodeling of the new capital of Dagon enters its second year as an extensive amount of resources from across the kingdom are poured into the project at the insistence of Tabinschwenti who views the new capital as a necessity in maintaining dominion across the Kingdom especially with a sizable portion of the Phrai Luang being committed from across the Kingdom to the project speeding up its completion. Despite Dagon still being under construction, the palace and its surrounding structure have been completed to the point where Tabinschwenti views it as useable and begins to hold court in the city. To further centralize the authority within the Kingdom, the noble clans from Sukhothai, Phitsnanulok, Toungoo, Ayutthaya, Lan Na, and Malacca are encouraged to relocate to the new city of Dagon with those that refuse suffering from a loss in political influence and power as efforts are made through political channels to hemorrhage their power through increased taxes and other means. Although most noble clans consent to the new arrangement with their most most important families moving to reside in Dagon, there are some who refuse and attempt to fight the matter only to be stopped by the Capital Defense Corps troops in their cities whose loyalties were secured through the efforts of Mingyi Nyo before his death. The merchants of the Commerce Guild also begin to set up residence within Dagon due to the tax incentives put in place as well as financial loans from the government to support their move. Refugees continue to stream into the lower Burma regions under Dagon's control with the Rama's policy of resettling the refugees providing some strain on the fledgling bureaucracy but otherwise achievable. To further support Dagon's ability to build ships for commercial and military uses, the decision is made to sponsor the creation of more shipyards in ports who have the capabilities to support them. The Malay Peninsula remains under some scrutiny as the garrisons from other cities are withdrawn to lessen the financial strain on the treasury but the intelligence gathering continues and intensifies at the urging of the Temmengung who wishes to ensure that any dissidents are suppressed.
- Papal States: Pope Lucius IV continues to support the Counter-Reformation and reinforce the Inquisition. The Tridentine Catechism, the works of Johann von Eck, the book of Thomas More and the book of Joseph of Iona are extensively printed by the Pontifical Roman Press and spread to the Catholic nations. The pope continues giving support to the missionary works in the colonies of Catholic nations. The arrest of cardinals Giovanni Pietro Carafa, Cristoforo Spiriti, Pietro Accolti and Giovanni Salviati causes great consternation to Pope Lucius IV. An investigation, led by the pope himself, is open to study the case of these cardinals. After evidences and testimonies are collected, a trial is made. The trial is presided over by Pope Lucius IV and after seeing the evidences and hearing testimonies, the cardinals are declared innocent. The investigation collected evidences that show these cardinals were only trying to make a more peaceful approach with the heretics in attempts to make them return to the Catholic faith rather than punishing them as soon as possible. Their imprisonement was a case of overzealously made by the Inquisitors. These cardinals aren’t going against the Catholic doctrine, since they are following the bull De Haeretici issued by Pope Sixtus V (1401-1405) that discourage the punishment of heretics before all attempts to win them back to the Catholic faith are made. Cardinal Carafa involvement with the Waldesians in Calabria was also due to his attempts of making them abandon the heresy with the dialogue, but it had very limited results. The orthodoxy of Cardinal Carafa was defended during the trial by Gaetano dei Conti di Thiene and several other Theatines. Gaetano and Carafa founded the Congregation of Clerics Regular of The Divine Providence together. The Cardinals that defend dialogue to bring the heretics back to the Catholic Church form a group named Spirituali. They are opposed by conservative members of the College of Cardinals that consider the dialogue impossible. This group is named as Zelanti and is formed by the cardinals: Arsaell Martino Esturlungio, Pompeo Colonna, Alessandro Farnese and Francesco Eroli. They propose that a strong Inquisition with no dialogue is the only way of stopping the Reformation. Both groups constantly argue with each other during meetings of the College of Cardinals, much to the chagrin of Pope Lucius IV. Regarding the Waldesians in Calabria, the Spirituali cardinals propose to the pope more attempts of dialogue with them, while the Zelanti cardinals propose the replacement of the Inquisitors in Calabria and that a new cleric be sent to oversee the Inquisition in Naples. Even with Pope Lucius IV being sympathetic to the ideas of the Spirituali faction, the Zelanti proposal wins, due to the influence of Cardinal Esturlungio, who is Cardinal-Secretary of the pope. Then new Inquisitors are sent to Calabria and Cardinal Francesco Eroli, a Zelanti, becomes the new Grand-Inquisitor of Naples. Cardinal Eroli and the Inquisitors have orders from the pope to work with the secular authorities to completely crush the Waldesians in Naples. Pope Lucius IV commissions to Michelangelo the painting of a fresco based in the Last Judgment to cover the whole altar wall of the Gregorian Chapel. Michelangelo starts to work in it. The Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuilt. The artist Galeazzo Rado continue painting the ceiling of the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano. The Gregorian Tower for studies of astronomy, full of the more modern equipment, attract several scholars of Saint Augustine’s University seeking to implement their understanding of the cosmos. The military and navy of the Papal States continues to be modernized and the walls of Rome continue to be fortified. Maximilian Absburgo Della Rovere and Mary Boleyn have a daughter named Margherita. Joana Asburgo Della Rovere and Giovan Battista Savelli have a daughter named Lucrezia. The Holy Father creates as cardinal Robert Grey (England). Pope Lucius IV writes to the Patriarch of Novgorod and for the Tsar, seeking to reestablish diplomatic relations, like the one that existed during the time of the Republic of Novgorod. [Russia response needed, please].
- Republic of Ancona: The modernization of the Republic’s navy continues. The Jesuits continue preaching in the Republic. With the collapse of Venetian trade, the Republic seeks to occupy part of its niche. Henry Asburgo Della Rovere, also called as Enrico by the people of Ancona, become one of the most important Elders. In this position he is able to acquire several properties in the Republic. He also gives special treatment to the products coming from the Asburgo farms that will be trade by the Republic.
- Rus' Dip: Patriarch Boris Gagarin and Kniaz Nikolay Turgenev agree to open up new relations with the Pope with a new embassy, as Dimitry II is presently occupied with the subjugation of the steppes.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. We continue and increase the production of ships for our navy this year with the caravel, the carrack and the galleon ships being pumped out as fast as we can in mass numbers. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. The Ragusan shipyards get hit from a massive storm. The nobility is angry that their money is lost in the four ships that are destroyed by the storm itself. The King tells the nobles of the nation that instead of making less larger ships that we will make more ships but instead of the being large size they are medium size. Thus more ships can be built for the merchants to use for their trade. Mara Rurikovich daughter of Kamilla of Arpad marries Micaela of Arnsberg this year.
- Banate of Bosnia: Within this territory everything is doing fine. We feed off Hungary itself by prospering with trade and the economy. Our industries are doing what we can to help Hungary out.
- Banate of Severin: The territory experiences prosperity from Hungary. Trade is going well and the economy is as well. Other sectors of the nation also do well helping Hungary out.
- Kingdom of Portugal: The queen is in shock when the capital is hit by an earthquake and issues a royal decree. The decree maes it so all commoners buildings shall be rebuilt first then the richer people's buildings will get rebuilt. The royal palace, hovever, was not very hard hit except some of the towers which are quickly rebuilt. The queen goes out into the streets\ without any bodyguard and talks and helps the people living on the streets. Crown Prince Sebastian and his wife Clementia welcome their son Antonio to the world. The people of Portugal are delighted with the news as he is second in line to the throne now.
- Majapahit Empire: With the revolts occurring we need to take matters seriously, we opt to remain a Hindu-Buddhist monarch with the government structured that way with the king power belived to be derived Hindu-Buddhist believes. In order to stop those rebellions that make Majapahit so unstable relegiously and politically the Trag sees the only way to shift up power from the Muslims from their dominance of trade is instituting policies that favors the Hindu-Buddhist merchants more than the Muslims, these privileges include giving them priority access to ports, access to the royal court so they can voice complaints, loans from the government, special security from Majapahit's navy and tax exemptions. And in order to stop the speard of Islam in Java, the Demak stronghold shall be broken by forcing the Muslims to re settle in different areas of Java near a majority of a Hindu-Buddhist population while Demak Muslims being resettled in a distributed system, and in an additional attempt to limit them from spearding Islam by limiting them from the ability to speak Arabic and writing in Arabic and the importance of them that they should speak and write in Javanese language, as Arabic speaking and writing is forbidden. It is also extended in trading as Muslim merchants and forbidden from speaking Arabic or writing in Arabic to weaken their clout and trading privileges. Trade continues to flourish along side the Chinese Han trading communities and other European and Vietnamese and Ayutthayan communities. A local self funded militias are being established along side the Bali and Demak regions in order to suppress and prevent them from any other revolts that they would disrupt the stability of the region, those militias are consisted with majority of Javanese and Timor spear men when they are top less but at that time the rebels would see them very armored judging by the region, the other group having Javanese and newly brought European arquebus will be having clothes from top to bottom of cotton and leather making sure it would be light for their safe and fast mobility as the arquebus speard toxic black powder when shot and it may affect and burn the skin so clothing is important, the repairs in Blambgan is taking it to the seventh year as only three years remain until it is done at repairing the rive irrigation systems and rice terraces to boost up our productivity. The producting of rice is still in good shape with production going slightly up in this year.
- Mahayarda of Sebuirto Archipelago: The population reaches 31,300. More huts appear in each island. Trade appears to be more common with the Europeans. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well.
- Mahayarda of Timor: The population reaches 271,700. Urbanization process begins with Pambri reaching 34,300 residents. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well. The trade with the Portuguese becomes more intensive.
- Powu: the population reaches 4,200, Adji Supandi finances the construction of the port that enters the seventh year of construction. trade with the indigenous people started to appear more intensive.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha Archipelago: The population reaches 6,800. The archipelago is doing fine.
- Abbasid Caliphate: Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, after re-stablizing the Caliphate and its territory, begins looking toward fulfillment in God's eyes. Inspired by the works of the House of Wisdom and the Abbasid Golden Age, translators are coalesced into the Great Library in an effort to translate works across all walks of life. Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, after hearing of the Arlesian raids on Algiers, orders the pirate culture of Algeria to coalesce along the coast to centralize efforts in defending the homeland. This would greatly upset the captain of the barbary pirates, Abdullah Barbarossa, but would commission routine routes of inspection across the entirety of the Ifriqiyan coast. In January, siege weapons would begin being built in Cairo. In late March, the explorer Samir al-Azad would pass away in his home in Ifriqiya, dying peacefully after having explored what he believed was the entire world. Other explorers pick up where he left off, however, leaving from Morocco in June and Yemen in July, to finally cross the Cape of Good Hope and map Africa. [Mod Response Needed]. Diplomats of Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman in the Court of the Benghal Sultan wish to establish an embassy. [Bengal Response Needed], while some Islamic merchants begin operating monopolies and piracy off the coast of nations like Ayutthaya, Sumatra, and China. Often indistinguishable from standard pirates due to the merchants want to capitalize on the black markets in the region in an effort to smuggle in spices to sell through Cairo and Alexandria, and it worked decently well for a period of time. During these piracy runs across Southeast Asia, culture of the pirates would evolve in the adopting of cultures and languages. Although canonical records of the Caliphate would dictate that Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman's actions late this year, December 16th specifically, were influenced by the will of God in an effort to restore the heart of Islam back to its true state, many other reasons have been presented toward Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman's declaration of war against the Georgian Empire. One historian, Yehuda ibn Karim ibn Elkan al-Faris, believed that Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman had grown egotistical, having successfully won two conflicts and ensured powerful expansion of the Empire, and that this was the only missing piece of that puzzle. Another historian, Majid ibn Zaahir al-Qamar, countered that his inspiration could've been from the books he studied in his youth at the former Caliph al-Maālīk's Auditorium, with diary entrees by the Caliph comparing himself to the likeness of the 'rightly guided,' or ar-Rāshidūn, the First Empire of Islam following the Prophet Muhammad. While many reasons exist, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman would only confirm that the war against the northern menace has grown into a struggle for survival, that "...the Empire of God shall liberate the followers of the Prophet Muhammad from the sticky and slimey hands of the Georgian Empire". Siege weapons built throughout the year arrive in the city of ar-Ramlah, where Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman prepares the forces. On December 17th, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman declared Jihad against the Georgian Empire, he, himself leading an army of 45,000 and marching to Damascus while 5,000 men, led by Admiral Abdel Baqer Al-Najdi, liberate the city of Al-Qisa. Meanwhile, 10,000 men, led by General Emran ibn Mohammad Ahl al-Baghdadi, march to attack Tyre, and if successful in capturing the city, continue their march to Beirut after recruiting enough volunteers to make up for losses from Tyre [Algos Needed]. Bedoins in Arabia and the Levant are asked to raise arms against these "white rapists" from the northern Caucasus. These volunteers will arrive in the city of ar-Ramlah, operating as a domestic defensive garrison in the levant while Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman leads the primary campaign. [Mod Response for Success in recruitment].
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": In Kebeck town, the population begins to slowly grow - this being partially due to the demand for fish in Europe and specifically Scandinavia and Northern Germany, Fish and Pickled herring specifically being in very high demand in Frisia and Holland. Hering being eaten a lot by merchants as it stays good for long durations of time while also provided what some of these men consider great food (which it isn't), as it provides both fat, meat and salt in one package which then can be eaten easly with sprouts. As sprouts are able to be grown during winter and frost they even taste better when frost has arrived. Merchants From Rotterdam, The Hague and Mostly KWAC ports such as Antwerp, Bruges, Kales and bonen often take these items with them when going to Africa and Asia. Thus on a "Koninglyke West Afrikaansche Compagnie" Voyage under Hans Paul, with two ships: one Jersey and one small sloop. These ships being called the KWAC Druon Antigoon and KWAC Silvius Brabo under Hans Paul, Hans being tasked by the KWAC board to present Herring, Sprouts, Cloth and even a printed copy of the Book Moriaen. Thus Hans paul and around 80 men start their journey from Antwerp to Jersey and then to a coruna, Hans stopping in Samla. Hans Stopping in Samla as it is the capital city and only one of Saharawi sidinate the land of the Forgotten Babani. After meeting the local leaders of the Babani Christian community he sets on with an Arabic translation of the Babani Bible, this being done as a formality and out of mutual respect toward each other. Thus from Samla on Hans travels with only half of his crew of 40 men to Niani, to meet the great Lion of Africa. Thus after three months of walking he finally arrives in Niani with very hurting feet and a lot of hunger. Thus he arrives in Niani and requests a meeting with the emperor of Africa as he has gifts to offer to the emperor. (Malian Response). While in Hemelstrand with the introduction of both Sugarcane and Bananas the first African slaves are introduced to the islands as a response to the declining numbers of the Native Taino people. This decrease in population coming from disease the natives got, but this does help those Europeans as now they have a smallest numbers disadvantage and are able to press their desires more then they used to be able to. While in Lotharingian cities such as Brussels, Malines, Liege, Luxembourg and Amsterdam are having heavy violence even with Juliaen De Kremers and his army getting themselvrs ready for restoration of the Public peace. Thus the Triumvirate under Royal regent Nicolaas Everaerts and De kremer meet with King John VI and Erasmus as to discuss the possible to remove extreme elements of Catholics and Wagnerites and possible create a unified church. The Triumvirate even suggesting giving some power back to the king if he agrees to become the head of this unified Belgic church. This all being discussed in private at the Berghuis in Heyst as the triumvirate is afraid of public backlash if this news is public. Thus the Triumvirate anounces a royal decree making it unlawful to form militias without consent of the Groot Belgische raad, while also making attacks on any religious comunity illegal. These actions are all done to calm down the public and secure the policy of religious tolerance within the Lotharingian realm. Juliaen de Kremer training his soldiers and even recruiting 2,000 more to get up to a total of 12,000 soldiers and 100 ships, As Juliaen belives to preserve peace one must be prepared for war his troops being stationed in major cities and ordered to make sure that any religious action taken should be done without the use of Violence. Thus Soldiers in groups of 2,000 are moved to Antwerp, Brussels, The Hague and Bruges, Dekremer having confidence that cities which house the KWAC RHC and Amstelse handels unie will follow the new royal decree as this will ensure their prosperity and their material wealth. These trading companies having the wealth and ability to protect themself as they do in Mela, Ruysch, Africa and Asia, even if not in such a good capacity as the royal navy and army.
- Samla and Hans are allowed in the capital city of Niani, but after some months are asked to leave by Addas, a servant of the Gbara, because the death of Mansa Mustafa has caused unrest across the empire.
- Vinland: The population rises. Eric Kuis orders the reconstruction of several roads and important structures in Vinland. the fur tanning and trapping industry in Hallberg begins to recover from the war.
- Kingdom of England: King Henry VIII of England gathers his troops at the fortified cities of Plymouth and Exeter in Devon, close to Cornwall. After briefly pausing to consolidate his forces and reinforce some of the infrastructure in those cities, the King sets out to the Cornish border. King Henry VIII decides not to immediately use all of his troops in order to limit financial stress on southwestern England and to keep a reserve force, so he takes 8,000 troops with him into Cornwall. King Henry VIII's army marches southeast through eastern Cornwall and then engages with the small sovereign militia of Cornwall at the county town of Truro. (Algo needed). King Henry VIII leads the army himself, having gained experience as a commander for about a decade during the latest dynastic conflict in England, and the mercenary company of Alexander Anderson also participates. Meanwhile, aside from the Cornwall situation, the English Parliament also pays attention to the conflicts that have emerged in Lotharingia, of which several parties have appealed to England. The Parliament is sympathetic to the Catholic side, but with King Henry VIII's invasion of Cornwall in progress they do not want to have a major overseas deployment of English soldiers at the same time. However, the English Parliament does offer the coastal cities of Antwerp, Rotterdam and Amsterdam the use of 3,000 English mercenaries in order to protect the interests of English merchants in these ports. (Mod response). With the plague outbreak receding, funding of ecclesial clinics takes less priority but the English Parliament does still spend some money on this in 1531. Internal trade in England increases again as the nation starts to recover from the dynastic conflicts and the subsequent plague outbreak, thereby improving the economy, which also continues to benefit from the increase in maritime trade for English merchants. The English clergy continue to perform acts of charity in order to help the English populace recover from the effects of the plague (and the preceding internal conflicts). Meanwhile, in Canterbury, a nun named Elizabeth Barton reports seeing visions and possibly a Marian apparition. Archbishop of Canterbury William Warham takes an interest in this and writes to Pope Lucius IV, asking him to send some clerics from the Papal States to help investigate these possible visions. (Papal response). John de Vere (b. 1516), son of John de Vere, 1st Earl of Cambridge is married to Elizabeth Beaufort (b. 1517), granddaughter of John Bourchier, 1st Earl of Bath. As part of reconciliations related to the Hemel Hampstead agreement, the young Maud of Gloucester (b. 1520), daughter of George of Gloucester, Earl of Rutland, is arranged to be engaged to John Beaufort (b. 1505), son of Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset and by the Hemel Hampstead agreement the second in line to the throne. Cecily Courtenay (1473-1531), sister of Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick and widow of John de la Pole, 2nd Duke of Suffolk and John de Vere, 13th Earl of Oxford, dies of a disease. George Boleyn and Helena Asburgo-della Rovere have their first child, a son named Thomas (b. 1531) in honour of George's father; George Percy, 6th Earl of Northumberland and Katherine Beaufort have their first child, a daughter named Isabel (b. 1531); and Edward Courtenay and Margaret Beaufort have their third child, a son named William (b. 1531).
- Roman Empire: More colonization of the Danube region occurs, as does the flourishing Danube trade. The work on the arsenals in Thessaloniki and Adrianople continues as the shipyards of Thessaloniki are standardized and modernized dramatically. Kaisar-Autokrat Herodotus II takes ill and sends word for his son Andronikos to return home. Thus, Andronikos and his 6,000 strong lancers return to the capital to secure the inheritance. John top returns from his studies to attend his father.
The Paris Parlement has the city's beggars arrested "to force them to work in the sewers, chained together in pairs".
As a result of some of the unrest in Lotharingia, multiple coastal cities contract out light numbers of English mercenaries in a form of "forceful neutrality" in an attempt to stay outside of the current North-South religious conflict
Hungary’s nobility refuses to support the ship building sponsored by the king. In protest nearly the entire nobility refuses to collect the king's taxes and thus national revenue collapses.
The instability in the eastern territories of Mali prompts a series of destructive raids by the Fulani mercenaries employed by Ayyob Sefawa. His inability to maintain total control over these troops proves to be a breaking point, The Maghan princes attempt to pool resources together to form their own light force of Domestic and Mercenary troops to try to Challenge Ayyob.
The first raids of the Oromo peoples push into Ethiopian hinterlands in the west, rustling cattle and other precious goods before returning to their homelands farther west.
Agnes, Duchess of Hesse and Margravine of Mark (1456-1532) dies of natural causes. Her son Ermanaric von Hesse-Mark-Nassau (b. 1495) succeeds her in her various titles.
The State of Nogai collapses under increased raids by the Khanate of Kazakh due to the loss of trade the khanates have in eastern Europe, with Nogai being annexed into Kazakh.
The Javed dynasty vassalizes Gondwana.
- Kingdom of Mutapa: Chuiyuko send word through Indian merchants that any effect by the strife on the subcontinent may find a home in Mutapa (Mod Response), Craftsmen in the nation have adapted better methods asking higher prices for their good especially in metal. The King offers the heavenly confederation to rejoin the nation. (mod response). The great roads between Tunga-Lusvingo and Tungo-Matala finish connecting all three areas. The school in Matala begins a thorough study of illnesses and begin to hear of fire weapons smaller then cannons from merchants. The alchemist begin in in-depth study ordering any books on firearms from merchants, More cannons are ordered. Settlements line the great escarpment and a road is started to connect them to another and capital Matala. The Faraist spread to teach more of the growing population as well as the spread of Mithshawi around the nation. A ship is brave enough to attempt a trip to a great land to the east. Work on a crude sewer system begin in Matala.
- Georgia: Nathan responds to the Caliphate's invasion by sending 90,000 troops to defend the area. Believing Al-Qira to be a trap, he allows the town to fall to the Abbasids; however, the nearby garrisons are instructed to burn down the town and relocate its inhabitants to Damascus to ensure they cannot use the town as a stronghold. In total, sends the all of Royal Army (5,000 elite troops constituting the Royal Guard, 24,000 musketeers, 12,000 heavy lancers, and 1,800 artillerymen - manning 300 cannons), 12,000 feudal levies (mainly heavy lancers), and 40,000 Turkish cavalry (24,000 horse-archers, and 16,000 light cavalry - mainly light lancers); thus the total number of troops is at ~94,800. He sends 22,360 men under the command of Duke Mehmed Hulagushvili to defend Tyre: 5,000 musketeers, 5,000 heavy lancers, 9,000 horse-archers, 3,000 light cavalry, and 30 cannons. They first engage with the enemy in a field battle. The light cavalry and horse-archers will harass the enemy flanks to 'whittle down' their numbers. The musketeers will then fire volley's at the enemy vanguard, with some artillery support; the heavy lancers will protect their flanks with contingents counter-charging attempted charges to consolidate the line. While the vanguard is engaged with the musketeers and heavy cavalry, the light cavalry and horse-archers will execute a flanking maneuver - hoping to attack the rear (this is aided by their numerical superiority). If the attack fails, Mehmed's army retreats north and entrenches themselves in Beirut. The remainder, led by King Nathan himself, defends Damascus. This force includes the 5,000-strong Royal Guard, 19,000 musketeers, 19,000 heavy cavalry, 15,000 horse-archers, and 13,000 light cavalry, and 120 cannons. The first line consists of musketeers in the centers; they are flanked by light cavalry, while the leftmost and rightmost wings are comprised of horse-archers. The lancers are in reserve. Similarly, King Nathan will attempt to defeat the enemy outside Damascus - only retreating into the city's famous fortifications if a defeat occurs. Before the main armies clash, the horse-archers will engage in some skirmishing, harassing the enemy flanks and vanguard; after firing several shots, they would then promptly retreat utilizing their superior mobility. Before the 'real battle,' the artillery will fire some volley's to disorganize enemy ranks. Immediately after, the musketeers will fire volley's at the enemy vanguard, with their flanks secured by light cavalry. However, the heavy cavalry will be the ones countering enemy charges; once the enemy cavalry are routed, they will then conduct successive charges on the enemy ranks using the wedge formation to maximize their shock. Hopefully, the pressure on the flanks - combined with the firepower of the musketeers - will rout the enemy. However, if this counter-attack fails, the troops will then entrench themselves in Damascus. The supplies are produced in Damascus; with additional supplies brought by carriers (via road) from Beirut and Aleppo. Meanwhile, the expulsion of Armenians (especially merchants and craftsmen) from Kartli, Kakheti, and Lore continue. They are relocated to other parts of the empire (mainly Azerbaijan, the Levant, and Mesopotamia). They are replaced by Mingrelian, Gurian, and Imeretian merchants - thus putting control of regional commerce back to Georgian hands. Nathan dissolves the Albanian Apostolic Church and compels its ex-followers (which number in the low hundred thousands) to become part of the Georgian Orthodox Church - thus initiating the 'Georgianization' of Shirvan. The nobility in East Armenia are georgianized as well. Despite the war, the Georgian economy thrives. Silk, cotton, wine, and woolens are exported. Textiles production in western Georgia is developed - benefiting from being the westmost terminus of the Silk Road, access to the Black Sea Trade, and proximity to the centers of silk and cotton production.
- Mali Empire: Mansa Mustafa died this year, having led a very long and controversial reign. In some regards, he is beloved as a great innovator and administrator, having established the first colonies in Meridia, patronized arts and sciences, and saw the rapid growth of living standards in the empire. On the other hand, he is a very controversial reign due to the ongoing instability and religious conflict going on in the eastern territories, whose living standards have long since stagnated and left in a more backward state. Yahya Mamamoo had returned to Mali at this time, and witnessed the last words of Mustafa in person. His death resulted in a brief power struggle between different factions seeking de-facto power over the core of Mali. The Gbara chose to support Musa, the son of the Farin of Waalo, who was Mustafa's younger nephew. This unusually-indirect succession was clearly politically motivated, from the powerful influnece the rulers of Waalo had over the Gbara at this time. The Gbara assembled a new, unnofficial military composed of local militias and mercenaries, for wresting control of the eastern territories away from Ayyob Sefewa. Ayyob initially attempted to proclaim himself as the successor of Mustafa, and seized control of Daura and Kano. After being defeated by the armies of the Gbara, Ayyob fled east and was given sanctuary by the rulers of Kanem-Bornu. Musa III's reign was more quickly accepted in the west; however, this was briefly challenged by a popular uprising in the capital city of Niani, by a group attempting to put Mustafa's son Wali on the throne instead. One of Musa's first actions was addressing the growing Catholic community in the Western Sahara, with the introduction of the "Babani Bible" produced by the KWAC. In order to curb the spread of Christianity, part of the "Ahl Al-Kitab", Musa issued a ban on copying or publishing the Babani Bible, although posession of the Bible was permitted. This strict religious policy would define the rest of Musa's reign. In Meridia, this year Jalut Kujabi set out on his expedition inland across the coast of Meridia, and attempted to chart out their magnitude of rivers. He was eventually forced back, due to the diseases and hostile natives of the region, and returned to the coast with a fifth of his expedition having been lost. Desiring to establish a permenant settlement, Kujabi created a new city along the coast called "Dakar Jadid" (New Dakar, OTL Rio de Janeiro). After having accumulated his new intelligence from the referee, Arnold decided he wanted to further pursue this rabbit hole to see where it goes. He thanks the referee for his hospitality, and prepares for his journey 20 miles north by cart. Maha, the sister of Khalil was also related this intelligence from the referee, and she insisted on coming along to help him. However, Arnold declined this request, saying it's too dangerous for a woman like her. When he got two-thirds of the journey, he stopped to open the cart, and to his shock he discovered Maha had hidden herself as a stowaway. Frustrated, Arnold begrudgingly accepted Maha to tag along on his adventure, agreeing to pretend to be his mistriss if they arouse any suspicion. By evening that day, he arrives at the dark tower.
- Abbasid Caliphate: Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, after re-stablizing the Caliphate and its territory, begins looking toward fulfillment in God's eyes. Inspired by the works of the House of Wisdom and the Abbasid Golden Age, translators are coalesced into the Great Library in an effort to translate works across all walks of life. After securing the city of Damascus late last year and establishing a proper foothold in Syria, re-inforcements of 45,000 bedoins and berbers are routed from Ifriqiya and Arabia into Damascus, where they defend against the Georgian counter-attack, while recruitment in Damascus proper allows for increased forces. Meanwhile, forces in Al-Qisa increase to 7,000 due to recruitment, and after messengers relay that the Georgians are mobilizing a large offensive force, the forces in Al-Qisa flank the Georgian Forces at Damascus, moving to attack from the rightside of their army in purpose to somewhat surround the forces. The total forces in Damascus number 95,000. The Mamluk Knights march from Oman in an effort to lead an assault on Basra, totalling 15,000 while naval supply lines in the Mediterannean and the Indian Ocean are severed by pirates. In Tyre, 8,000 bedoins are sent to aid in the push for Beirut, meeting the Georgian forces in Sidon. [Algos Needed]. (More to come).
- Papal States: Pope Lucius IV continues to support the Counter-Reformation and reinforce the Inquisition. The Tridentine Catechism, the works of Johann von Eck, the book of Thomas More and the book of Joseph of Iona are extensively printed by the Pontifical Roman Press and spread to the Catholic nations. The pope continues giving support to the missionary works in the colonies of Catholic nations. The disputes between Spirituali and Zelanti continue in the College of Cardinals. Some Zelanti also preach strong measures against the Jews, due to considering them as dangerous to the faith and supporters of the Protestantism, while the Spirituali don’t consider the Jews a threat. Soon the ideology of the two factions spread beyond the College of Cardinals. Theologians and members of religious orders start to join these factions. For example, Joseph of Iona and the Ionian Order are supporters of the Zelanti, while Gaetano dei Conti di Thiene and the Theatines support the Spirituali. Meanwhile, the Society of Jesus remains neutral. Michelangelo continues painting the fresco based in the Last Judgement in the altar wall of the Gregorian Chapel. The Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuilt. The artist Galeazzo Rado continues painting the ceiling of the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano. The Gregorian Tower continues attracting several scholars of Saint Augustine’s University seeking to implement their understanding of the cosmos. The military and navy of the Papal States continues to be modernized and the walls of Rome continue to be fortified. Severino Vecera returns from his visit to Mali. He has a meeting with Pope Lucius IV, where he presents the baby giraffe that he received as a gift to the pontiff. The pope accepts and an enclosure is built for the animal in the Alexandrine Gardens. After the meeting, Vecera starts to writes a book about the Malian theory of "Mirath Al-Ruh" or literally "inheritance of spirit" and he starts to mix this theory with Natural Theology. The Holy Father creates as cardinals Baldovinetto de’ Baldovinetti (Ancona) and Niccolò Gaddi (Papal States). Cardinal Baldovinetti is a supporter of the Zelanti and he replaced the deceased Cardinal Pietro Accolti as Bishop of Ancona. Cardinal Accolti was a Spirituali and his death and replacement with a Zelanti is a blow to the faction, since they lost support in Ancona. Some say that the appointment of Baldovinetto de’ Baldovinetti to the Diocese of Ancona and his creation as cardinal is due to the influence of the Zelanti Cardinal-Secretary Arsaell Martino Esturlungio and Henry Asburgo Della Rovere. Henry is a supporter of the Zelanti and is using his growing influence as one of the Elders of Ancona to help spread their ideas there. Meanwhile, Cardinal Gaddi prefers to remain neutral, supporting none of the factions. As requested by Archbishop William Warham, a commission of Theologians led by the Dominican Friar Pietro Foscari is sent to England. There they meet with the Benedictine nun Elizabeth Barton and interview her. The commission decides favorably and Barton’s visions are written to be presented to the pope.
- Republic of Ancona: The modernization of the Republic’s navy continues. The Jesuits continue preaching in the Republic. Henry (or Enrico) Asburgo Della Rovere commissions the construction of a palace for his family in the city of Ancona. In the name of the other Elders of Ancona, he writes to the Emperor in Constantinople seeking to reestablish trade between Byzantium and Ancona. [Byzantium response needed, please]. Henry Asburgo buy some farms in the Republic countryside, where wheat start to be produced.
- Kaisar-Autokrat Andronikos VI agrees.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. With the nobility not supporting any ship building at the moment the King uses his own money to fund anything related to ships. The King talks to the nobles about not worrying about their money going to anything related to ships at this moment in time. What is also said by the King is that its his money that supports the navy and army. He also explains that since the taxes weren't collected this year he will put his own money out their to stabilize the economy. With extra money now flowing to the lower income families due to taxes not being collected people are now using it to spend on stuff they didn't have before thus actually helping the economy out by supporting businesses in their local towns. The King sees people happy for having more money to spend it on.
- 'Tsardom of Russia: With the fall of Sarai and the collapse of the Asktrakhan Khanate Dimitry the Conquerer's army sacks the region and while the former capital of the Golden Horde is razed to the ground as its riches are plundered and its population is slaughtered or carried away in chains. Tsar Dimitry II proclaims the end of the Mongol threat to the Russian core to the roaring cheer of his men. The city of Astrakhan is spared. However, the city's garrison is replaced with Rus', and much of the city's wealth is taken to help pay off the men. Plans for the reorganization and redistribution of the lands and wealth are made. 'The former khan of Asktrakhan and his family are expelled from the lands east. Upon hearing word of the Abbasid invasion of Georgia, Kniaxz Konstantin and Tsar Dimitry II agree to send 20,000 light cavalry in the form of Cossacks under the command of Kniaz Nestoras Manikis along with the 12,000 Greek Kozakos that Constantinople sent to aid in the conquest of Astrakhan. Despite the reservations of Dimitry, Konstantin manages to convince to allow him to go with the expedition to learn more about the politics in the Mediterranean Sea and and to learn about the state of affairs in the region first hand, though Tsar Dimitry II makes it clear that Nestoras Manikis is in charge of the contingent his son is ordered to stay far away from the worst of the fighting. A letter is given to Nestoras to hand over to the Greeks to ensure that this is followed. The 32,000 Rus; and Greek Cossacks move down the Don River to the Greek settlements in the Kuban region to await ships to carry them across the Black Sea and to better coordinate with Constantinople. (Byzantine response). more to be added later.
- Roman Empire: Kaisar-Autokrat Herodotus II dies peacefully early in the year. He is succeeded by his son, Andronikos, who is crowned Kaisar-Autokrat Andronikos VI, Basileus of the Greeks and Emperor of the Romans. The new emperor proves a man of war and not peace. Having served in Dobruja, Wallachia, and Russia the prince is a seasoned veteran who fills the court with military men from his past. He orders the army to drill extensively to test readiness and identify weaknesses. In doing so it is found that the Themata can raise 78,000 men in a total of 13 Themes. When combined with the Tagmata the army stands at 90,000 strong with 38,000 lancers, 32,000 Menaulioi, and 20,000 Ankistróploi. Though Neo-Euergetism continues, public expenses on infrastructure are slashed almost immediately by the new emperor. He accelerates work on the Arsenal at Adrianople and oversees the finalization of the adoption of muskets by the ankistróploi. In secret, Andronikos VI meets with his allies in Russia, looking to organize for a campaign against the Empire’s rival to the south. The fleet is also marshaled with 75 warships available and a merchant fleet of 275 ships in service. Otherwise, the major war to the south disrupts trade routes from the east, but trade from Russia is able to prop up the merchant economy sufficiently. The Russians and Kozakos are quietly ferried by boat to Asia Minor where they travel south to near the Georgian border.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": The Governor of Sint Bavo the Smaller and most remote Colony of the "Koninglyke West Afrikaansche Compagnie" has died at the very old age of 72, His death coming not so unexpected as his health was in decline for a long time. Thus Hans Bouwer is buried in the only small setlement of Sint Bavo in a town called Boerenveld. His discovery and colonisation of the islands will be remembered as the govenor of the most remote part of the company the news of his death taking over one half year to reach Europe and two months to reach the Manden Korufuba. Thus after his death one of the sailors as there is only a population of around 25 is elected Governor of Sint Bavo his name being Erick Dekleine, the new governor being only 25 years of age and born on Hendrico colony. The colony of Sint Bavo being mostly used as small refreshment post for Malian and KWAC merchants, the land on its own no vallue as the value is purely its location. While in the colony of Herdersvlakte with the arrival of sheep and pigs, the land is found very fertile. The first 100 on the island being used by some of the first colonists such as Willem Smit a local miner lord of Holland, Willem being renown for his mercantalism and adaptability. Thus Johan Ruysch the First govenor of the Herdersvlakte colony thus allows any man to graze his sheep on land from the moment the land is more then one Brabantine mile from a setlement. Ruysch taking this action as to increase the number of sheep and sell more wool to the Famous Belgic Lakenhalen, Ruysch knowing of the great demand of cheap high quality wool in Belgia. The Town of Bergen becoming quite big with native Charrúa and Chaná adopting a semi-nomadic life, the natives hunting during the summer and autumn and staying on the outskirts of the city. The natives staying in the winter for a couple of weeks trading the goods animals they hunted and the resources they gathered, the Charrúa and Chaná often buying European guns, metals and technology. While in Both Hemelstrand and Kebeck fishery remains a big part of the colonial revenue. The men in Palmparadijs and on the Broekzand peninsula hearing news from the Tegesta and Geyga (Tequesta and Jaega) of a mythical lake which can make men young and whole again. This lake being speculated to be about ten Brabantine miles at least inward from the lands of the Tegesta, the tegasta saying that the lake is full of dangerous animals such crocodiles and dragon fish. In Antwerp, important religious and political firgures are invited to a religious council these men include: Erasmus, Nicolaas Everaerts, Juliaen deKremer, Micheal Scheper, a Culumbite priest, Thomas Hansens a wagnerite beliver from Brussels and leader of Brussels Wagnerites and the last great person to be invited, Joachim Middelburger, a Zeeland ouddenker. Thus this council of Antwerp is called upon to reunify the different doctrines of Christianity and to once more get stability and an agreeable doctrine. This council being created all in the hope that Lotharingia can once more prosper, as the instability causes issues with the supply and demand of Lotharingian mercantalism. The market being now far more dangerous due to the disctruction of certain property in Lotharingia, Trading companies having to defend their own good.
- Empire of Japan: Following years of substantially dominating piracy in the regions off coastal China and Vietnam the upswing in piracy farther down in the Java and South China seas prompts an anti-piracy campaign in the region. While much of the prior trade has been reinstated since the ningbo incident, its clear that this has led to an upswing of piracy in the Far East and Indonesia in general. This prompts heavy anti-piracy measures as well as heavy training for the Japanese navy to help combat piracy. This also prompts the arrival of a small contingent of soldiers hired by the Zaibatsu and trade guilds to put on trade ships to help defend more effectively from boarding actions. In a surprising note, the first large scale settlement fleet leaves Japan for Arasakura planning on setting up an artisans quarter in Kenenaitzu. 150 people have agreed to go to the settlement to offer up services and advance the settlement from one that focuses primarily on the fur trade to one that deals heavily in timber, and other products as well. The Red Seal system is fully put into place and as a result crimes related to illicit trade and general run of the mill smuggling fall down drastically as trade has officially become much more structured and regulated by the Imperial Government. The explorer Kaido Tanaka after years of securing more funding and this time a much larger ship takes his previous knowledge and sets off from Sendai Japan looking to navigate the currents once again and further prove his theories that the currents near Japan, spit out on the same landmass as Arasakura just far to the south. This voyage meets with a resounding success as the large Junk reaches a large island (OTL Chichagof Island) Due to the currents and wind he is forced back north and comes across the rudimentary shrine built by his last crew and he is able to come up with a basic map of the region below Arasakura. He plans further voyages and he brings items traded for with tribes in the southern regions back to Kenenaitzu and by that extension to Japan to gain recognition as well as further funding for his voyages.
- Celtic Confederacy: With the Economy still recovering from the war against France, we are unable to do much to oppose the English invasion of Cornwall. Although King Edward absolutely desires to, he feels that he has no real ability to do so. Thus, on the advice of his advisors and facing HEAVY pressure from the nobility and merchant class to avoid getting into another war so soon, King Edward decides to open diplomacy to the king of england, (SECRET) and secretly offer’s to sell them Cornwall in exchange for a large sum of money and investment to help the Celtic economy recover, and withdraw from the Irish Sea trade routes they had been taking over from Celtic Merchants (ENGLISH RESPONSE NEEDED) (SECRET END). In other news, the duties of the increasingly aging King Edward begin to be taken over by the crown prince Kenneth. Although King Edward has been a relatively tolerant king apart from the issue with any Protestants, Kenneth is much less so, and is a supporter of the Zelanti and, due to the influence of his mentor Joseph of Iona, notably anti Semitic. He advocates the confiscation of Jewish property throughout Scotland and Ireland as a way to revitalize the economy, and, due to his increasing position of influence over his father, this is allowed. Many Jewish properties throughout Scotland and Ireland are thus seized, and as Celtic troops retreat from Cornwall pretty much all of their property in the region is confiscated. There are exceptions made if they agree to convert to Catholicism, however, with those who do so being spared the persecution and allowed to continue owning their businesses and property. In addition, the construction of the Ionian Abbey, the headquarters of the Ionian order, is finished this year, resulting in the freeing up of resources for the construction of several more such abbeys in Ireland and Scotland, which will become centers of the Ionian Order in coming years and help to keep both countries firmly Catholic, often becoming centers of the communities in which they are erected, and thus giving the people living there something major to loose if they convert to Protestantism as, in addition to being persecuted by the state, they would be disincluded nearly entirely from community life and isolated from their peers, much as the Jews are, which will massively lower the number of converts in the future, which was already very, very small.
- Majapahit Empire: Trade continues to flourish with the Chinese and the Europeans and the Abasids. Repairs of rice terraces and insfracture and roads and irrigation systems in Blambgan enters it eigth year with only two years remains until the repairs are needed to bloster up the production of rice. Production of rice still takes place as huge quantities of rice being produced each year to sustain the population growth. We keep the actions we shall conduct to the Muslims in Demak that we did in the previous year. The Chinese Han merchant communities are welcomed as we give them the same privileges. The trade with the Germans appear more intensively now. A major change of the army armament is being conducted by the Trag who gives the Aristocratic Corp only Chain Mail armor to avoid fatigue and such other things. For the lighter troops, regular clothes will be worn additional to leather chest plates made of small amounts of bronze mixed with animal hide. For the gunners they will have general clothes additional to a metal plate helmet. The Trag knows that those plate armor helmets will be easy to make as his usage of musket men is only used in thousands and not tens or hundreds of thousands, he would also affirm that not all the lighter troops will be armored with the chest leather armor as it is very expensive to secure that much leather armor to tens of thousands of men. As such those military reforms shall implement some good kind of organization to the army serving right now. Trag Pi goes on a hunting trip with his bodyguard of ten men. He managed to capture a big and fat pig using his custom Isntingar inherited by his grandpa. He brings the pig to his court and declares that a feast shall be made due to this big hunt.
- Mahayarda of Sebuirto Archipelago: The population reaches 31,700. More huts appear on each island. Trade appears to be more common with the Europeans. The annual tribute is given as promised with a portion of taxes being given as well.
- Mahayarda of Timor:population reaches 272,000. Urbanization process begins with Pambri reaching 38,800 residents. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well. The trade with the Portuguese becomes more intensive.
- Powu: The population reaches 4,600, Adji Supandi finances the construction of the port that enters the 8th year of construction. trade with the indigenous people started to appear more intensive.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha Archipelago: The population reaches 7,200. The archipelago is doing fine.
- Vinland: The population rises. Citizens continue secretly stockpiling weapons. The fur tanning and clothing industry in Hallberg continues to recover.
- Vestelfrland: Kanada continues to be settled along the eastern flank of the Vestelfr River.
- The Spanish Empire: As the Spanish Empire continues to focus on its expansion across the globe, Marco Centanelli, merchant and seatholder to the Spanish East India Company as well as diplomat sets off to the island of Ceylon. They are tasked with the mission to open trade and commerce and for safe keeping, are supported by 150 armed men and six ships. Landing in the Kingdom of Kotte, they offer the ruler, Parakramabahu IX a treaty which would enable them to trade in the island's crops of cinnamon which lay in the coastal region of the island around Colombo. In exchange, The Spanish East India Company swearing on the name of his majesty would defend the coast against invaders. They would request a trading post in Colombo. (Mod Response). Meanwhile, Admiral Antonio had been provided orders to lead the conquests of the Maldives. Equipped with a fleet of 20 ships and 1,800 men, he'd sail off. (Algo Needed). From Spanish Panama, Francisco Pizarro and 350 men set sail to the land of the Inca. He and his forces land at Tumbes being led by Diego de Almagro. The spread of smallpox seemed rampant, something Pizarro had been familiar with at home. They meet a man named Felipillo and another named Yacané who familiarize themselves with these strange men. Unfortunately though, he encounters some resistance by the chieftain which would start a battle named the Battle of the Manglares. (Algo Needed). Giorno Giovanna returns to Spain trusting Osberto, Cortes, and Alverado to finish what her majesty Cynthia had started. Prince Juan is offered the hand of Lucrecia to be his wife. (Portuguese Response Needed). With the centralisation of New Spain, Cortes moves on to lead the conquest of Mayapan. With an army of 30,000 loyal allies, he moves on to conquer the land starting this year. The island of Cancún is conquered by the Caribbean Fleet under the captaincy of Jose Merengué. Meanwhile, Osberto moves to absorb the remaining city-states in the region starting his campaign in Caxcan. Alvarado attacks the city of Durango. As Cynthia takes rulership in Nueva Roma, the Golden Palace becomes the place of the Viceroy's residency.
- Dai Viet-Lan Xang: General infrastructure, upgrade of road systems, irrigation and constructions of levees continues to be put under way managed by the Ministry of Revenue in the Cửu Long delta as the progress of merging the delta into Dai Viet. Vũ Như Tô is given the job to construct several Buddhist monuments in Lan Xang. The economy flourishes with trade from the Western countries, Japan, the Heavenly Empire and Majapahit, with the clear of piracy around the region. The Emperor went to hunt elephants and he has captured a white elephant. The elephant is sent to the Hsenwi Saopha as a gift to further bond the two realms. (Mod Response). The Dai Viet-Lan Xang navy continues to protect its trade routes especially the Belitung island as it is an important island with its closeness to the Malacca Straight and Majapahit. Military training with are still conducted at Giảng võ đường, with the elephantry unit being upgraded and the mounted gunners practicing the usage of firearms while driving horses. The Hồ Nguyên Trừng cannons are now seen as outdated as the Ministry of War, Department of Produce and the Armory all working to adapt the new more modern and efficient types of cannons.
- Kingdom of England: King Henry VIII of England's invasion of Cornwall continues (results in 1533 mod events). In agreement between the English Parliament and the coastal cities of Lotharingia, a few thousand English mercenaries are sent out via the ports of Sandwich and Dover in Kent to those cities to ensure they are not caught up in the religious conflict, protecting the interests of English merchants in those ports. Archbishop of Canterbury William Warham dies of natural causes, and Reginald Pole, brother of Ursula Pole, the wife of Edward Stafford, 3rd Earl of Wiltshire, is selected to be his successor. The English Parliament writes to Pope Lucius IV, asking for Pole to be created cardinal to replace Warham. (Papal response). The new Archbishop Reginald Pole welcomes the Roman clerics sent to investigate the vision of Elizabeth Barton to Canterbury. The English Parliament funds the improvement of roads and related infrastructure in the city of London, in order to increase local trade by facilitating greater movement of citizens and goods, thereby improving the English economy. Just two years after inheriting his title, William Grey, 3rd Marquess of Dorset (1497-1532) dies after falling off a horse while training troops related to King Henry VIII's invasion of Cornwall. His lack of children makes his succession complicated; he has a younger brother, Robert Grey (b. 1500), but he is the Archbishop of York and not willing to give up his religious position to inherit the secular title. This makes the eldest of William's sister, Henrietta Grey (b. 1502), eligible to become the 4th Marchioness of Dorset. However, Henrietta is currently living in Rome along with her husband, Eberhard II von Lenzburg. The English Parliament writes to Rome, asking if Henrietta would be willing to move back to England to inherit the Dorset title and its associated fiefs; her family in Rome is invited to come along with her. (Papal response) Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Lancaster and Mary Dacre have their third child, a daughter named Jane (b. 1532); Philip Courtenay, 3rd Earl of Bristol and Catherine Grey have their first child, a son named Edward (b. 1532); George Boleyn and Helena Asburgo-della Rovere have their second child, a daughter named Katherine (b. 1532); and Blanche Beaufort and Edward II, Duke of Savoy have their second child, a son named Emmanuel (b. 1532).
The English attack by the forces of Henry VIII march into Truro and, after some brief fighting, force its surrender without much further ordeal. Some in the Celtic Confederacy see its refusal to join in defense of Cornwall as complacency, while some in England see it as a weakness that can be exploited. Trade in the Irish Sea sees a marked decrease this year due to a fears of renewed conflict.
The Safavids under Tahmasp I, who has removed his regent from power and desperate to prove himself, declares war on Georgia in an attempt to eliminate their long time rival and expand Safavid borders. He raises an initial army of 30,000 and marches on the city of Lahijan taking it by surprise.
Despite the attempts by the Lotharingian government to ban provincial armies, this does not curb the already ongoing war. Non-Catholic rebels manage to seize the cities of Brussels and Antwerp, the latter causing the council called there to ultimately have to flee. William the Silent is selected the Plaathouder of the Catholic nobles, primarily in the west of the nation, and he disobeys the Triumvirate's command to stand down, instead achieving victory against a Protestant attack in the Battle of Tilburg. The proposed "Belgian Church" manages to attract moderate Jungists and Wagnerists to support it, especially after Wagner (de facto ruler of Luxembourg) himself supports it (assuming his doctrine is used as a framework for it and he can influence it). However, this proposal has negative consequences, as it further infuriates the Catholic north and mainstream Jungists, and in many ways only adds another church claiming to be the standard to the bunch.
After a prosperous life the statesman Edmund Alwin of Saxony dies of old age, perhaps partially due to the grief of the recent loss of his mistress, Agnes of Hesse. Many in Germany call for a grand state funeral for him, while in Saxony his succession is debated.
In the city of Münster (in the Hansa), a group of radical Starkites led by layman Gideon Matthias manage to seize control of the city, with Matthias being elected mayor. Partially inspired by extremist factions in Thuringia, he calls for redistribution of resources and power within the Holy Roman Empire, the creation of a theocracy, the implementation of strict Anabaptist practices, and preparation for the impending end of the world, effectively making himself dictator. His rule terrorizes the Catholic population of the region, sparking surrounding cities to prepare an army to oust him.
With the rise of gunpowder technology and advancements in cannons the star fort becomes the most prominent defensive structure in Europe.
- Saxony: Edmund Alwin, the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony, died on October 3, 1533. Over the course of the year, he'd become increasingly frail. Last year, he'd been on his way to Hesse to see his mistress, Agnes, when a messenger ran past. Edmund Alwin stopped him, and the young boy told him that the Duchess of Hesse was dead. Edmund Alwin gave a cry and toppled from his horse, breaking both his legs. The next day, his hair was discovered to have turned white over night. His nephew Wenceslaus recalled how he had discovered the aged Duke resting in his armchair. He heard Edmund Alwin rasp softly, "Father, Mother, Engelbert... Wolfgang, Henry, Agnes... The Thin White Duke... who killed my father? Who killed my brother? It wasn't me, was it?... Was it?" His eyes turned pleadingly to his nephew. "Please, tell me. I can't remember." Wenceslaus was silent. Edmund Alwin took an Engelbert hat from next to him, and turned it gently inside out. "I remember this hat... I remember this hat..." He handed it to his nephew. "Here, take it, my son ..." His eyes closed, and his breathing shallowed. Wenceslaus squeezed his hand, and walked out. The truth of Wenceslaus's account is debatable, especially as Edmund Alwin appeared to acknowldege Wenceslaus as his son and his heir by placing the hat on his head. But Edmund Alwin's actual sons told a different story. His Catholic son Edmund the Younger, claims that on his deathbed Edmund Alwin confessed his sins, and that he was really a Catholic, and asked for the last rites. This story was disproved by all of Edmund Alwin's other children and grandchildren. Many of Edmund Alwin's relatives travelled to Saxony after they heard Edmund Alwin had been taken ill. He took a long time to actually die, although it was clear he was dying. His sons and their wives were there. Most of the Danish royal family were there, though the King of Denmark could not come himself. A number of spies representing the Duke's cousin Shadrach were discreetly present. A number of men turned up claiming to be his long lost nephew, Otto Edmund Alwin de la Marck. The former Prince of Finland also was there, and assured Edmund Alwin that "Jungism has practically become the state religion of Russia now". Soon, Edmund Alwin was lying in his bed, surrounded by all his family, as well as a large number of illegitimate Jenagothas, who could not all fit into the room. The musicians struck up a melancholy rendition of "Grand Saxony". "No, no, this is my father's song, not mine..." muttered Edmund Alwin, too quiet for them to hear him. But he smiled fondly, as the song brought back memories. Arriving at the Archbishop of Mainz's birthday party, his wife Clementia on his arm, his best friend Wolfgang laughing next to him... Edmund Alwin's eyes closed. His breath fluttered. "About the soup, sir..." he murmured. "It hasn't come up." Then he gasped, and clutched his shoulder, as if it pained him. His head nodded down. His breathing stopped, as he faded away. He woke up to find himself in a mysterious place. "Where am I?" he wondered. "Hell," said the Thin White Duke of Thuringia, nearby. He was strapped to a burning wheel that was roasting over a fiery spit. "This is what we get for being Jungists." "Noooo!" cried the Duke of Saxony. Luckily, this was merely a post-death experience that occurred in Edmund Alwin's brain. Edmund Alwin died with few regrets. Although he regretted never becoming Holy Roman Emperor or managing to colonize the New World, Meridia. Following Edmund Alwin's death, his oldest son, Wolfgang automatically succeeded as the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony, specifically Saxe-Wittenberg. Squabbling, however, ensues among his children, as well as his nephew. Eventually, an agreement is reached between the brothers that they shall become joint-Dukes of Saxony. Alwin de la Marck becomes the Duke of Saxe-Leisnig, while Louis de la Marck becomes the Duke of Saxe-Stolberg. Edmund de la Marck becomes the Duke of Saxe-Walkenreid, with Wolfgang remaining Elector and primary Duke of Saxony and Saxe-Wittenberg. However, Wenceslaus, the Duke of Saxe-Ringia, Edmund Alwin's nephew, declares himself the rightful heir to Saxony. After several small skirmishes, it is agreed that Wenceslaus shall become another co-Duke of Saxony. Meanwhile, Peter Meise II's takeover of Oldenburg and attempted invasion of Hansea is received surprisingly well in Saxony, although the Duchy does not send help to either side of the conflict. Wolfgang, the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony, recalls that "my father often talked about launching a full-scale invasion of the Hanseatic League, though he never got round to it." It was about this time, according to the history books, that "Saxony turned its gaze hungrily to Russia..." Following Edmund Alwin's death, a state funeral occurs, the greatest so far seen in the Duchy of Saxony. Heads of state from all over the world attend this funeral, including Catholics and Jungists alike.
- Jungist Räterepublic of Thuringia: The happenings in Munster would attract attention from numerous nobles and scholars across Thuringia. While some volunteered to join the mission in Munster and fight alongside Starck, many within the Thuringian government would actually condemn the violent uprising, believing it would paint the entire movement and those movements tangentially related in a bad light. Overall the less fringe among the Anabaptists who were firmly established in Thuringia tried to distance themselves from the violent uprising. Among the most radical was Peter Meise II, claimed “reincarnation” of the late spiritualist, and the “Bishop of Finland”, who had ventured back to Germany and organized an army primarily of Thuringians toward an invasion of the Hansa. Meise believed that it was necessary to spread the revolution that Jung had began by force if necessary, and hoped to incite the uprising of the peasantry in overthrowing the Hanseatic League. This was of course contrary to what Jung personally preached, but nonetheless was born out of the same fervor as the Great Peasant Revolt years prior.
Meise would assemble the so-called “Second Blue Army” and march north to aid the Munster Revolt. Instead of traveling to Munster directly, he instead marched on the unsuspecting Oldenburg, after it appeared the city was aiding the coalition against Munster. The city would be captured, leading to Oldenburg withdrawing from the Munster war, with Meise establishing personal rule over the city.He would be nicknamed the “Flibuster”, as his actions were compared to that of a pirate. Nonetheless, he set about carving a nation for himself, despite his position as a noble being tenuous. With the religious debate in Thuringia seemingly settled, politics was often dominated by the rivalry between Henry IX and Hugh the Heir. Hugh had turned his ambitions southward initially, managing to dominate Nuremberg and Bamberg, and essentially crafted his own duchy that rivaled that of his kinsman in Thuringia. Henry, meanwhile, had secured numerous alliances across the region, working closely with leaders from Halle and Jüterbog, two cities within the Archbishopric of Magdeburg, in an effort to undermine the Catholic presence. Specifically he formed a close alliance with a minor noble named Peter Hals, who he aided in securing the position of mayor in Jüterbog. Their visions clashed in Vogtland, over conflicting claims of who would serve as administrator. However, war was averted when news arrived of the passing of Edmund Alwin of Saxony. Both men would make an appearance at a grand funeral in Wittenberg, along with all the most prestigious dignitaries of the Holy Roman Empire and beyond. Henry would speak at the funeral and give a long list of Edmund Alwin’s accomplishments. He would recall that he first met Edmund Alwin when he was only a young boy, having traveled to Frankfurt with his grandfather the Thin White Duke. At that time the two were both members of the imperial cabinet, at its bookends. Yet Edmund Alwin would rise from the last chair to the first over his illustrious career. Henry recalled how during the civil war during his emperorship Edmund Alwin had remained a loyal supporter of his faction, and had served with impressive distinction. He had saved numerous lives during the Battle of Frankfurt, and had shown incredible bravery for his fellow man. Henry had always counted Edmund Alwin as a friend, and perhaps even as a father figure. He had been brought up in a world shaped by Edmund Alwin’s renown wisdom and compassion, and his presence would be greatly missed. After Meise captured the city of Oldenburg, he set about establishing a number of new policies. He imposed strict Anabaptist doctrine, ordering all faithful adults to be baptised or face ostracization or worse. Heavy iconoclasm was ordered, with all the churches and monasteries of the region being looted. Compulsory polygamy was also instituted, and a minor population exchange took place, as settlers from central Germany entered the region. Unlike the Anabaptists who rejected the feudal nobility and royalty in favor of equality for all, Meise adopted royal regalia and an intricate aristocracy. He would create an intricate system of lesser titles, with titles of nobility being given to all his most loyal followers. Famous statesman Benedikt Nietzche would be offered a highly prestigious title, but as Thuringia was not in support of the Oldenburg government, he could not accept, nor did he want to; he would reply that he could not accept a title unless it was truly the will of the people to elect him as such. Nonetheless numerous other reformers were granted some kind of claimed title by the upstart kingly figure. Meise would personally leave the city by the end of the year before he could witness what would happen to Oldenburg. Him and various other nobles would later form the complicated government-in-exile, that maintained a claim to the government of Oldenburg long after the destruction of his short lived regime.
- Cant take the city without an Algo. You assuming you can take the city without a fight, as well as assuming crim would allow it to happen in the first place. Your peasants also literally teleported across the Hansa to join the filibuster. -Feud
- Empire of Japan: As the empire continues its upward trend in trade once again a serious push is made to further secure Samar island and about 3,000 troops armed with the Shikoku Wheellock suited greatly for the wet climate of the region begin securing and subjugating the regions surrounding the main settlement looking to secure much of the island in the next few years. The Development of Kenenaitzu also continues as its surrounding regions are brought into the fold and are used for agriculture as well as the growing timber industry. The high quality wood from the region is to be shipped to the homeland to be used for a multitude of purposes specifically the useage in ships. Emperor Kenshiro seeing the need to maintain a powerful and well developed Naval administration assigns his young son Jimmu to the Admiralty to learn administration and naval matters. The building the roadway through Northern Manchuria continues finally connecting many of the coastal settlements to the main roadway which runs through most of mainline Manzhuguo already. This year sees yet another Mongol raid into Western Manchuria and multiple villages are burned. The quick movement of the mongol raiders makes it difficult to catch them. However, as they cross the Amur river for the first time, their pathway is blocked. The Mongol raiding force numbering nearly 5,000 trapped on the wrong side of the river is completely blocked off by nearly 16,000 soldiers who ruthlessly crush the raiders and send their heads across the border as a warning. A simple reply is given "no more raids" and a small indemnity is sent by the offending tribe now much weaker in the grand scheme of Oirot/Mongol politics. The Twin fortresses of Batam see an expansion this year as new extent wings are added to nearby highground for long range cannons designed to take on warships. The city of Kuching sees an unforseen amount of growth as the attractiveness and growing wealth in the city has prompted Borneans and other groups to the city to establish themselves and make a good living here bringing the city from about 25,000 to 30,000 over the last few years. A more significant process is noticed as groups of a few dozen to a few hundred Japanese traders and their families have established communities in every major non-Japanese trade port along the East Asian trade routes. It is noted that communities of traders exist all across the chinese coast totalling to nearly 2,000, while nearly 750 are located across South East Asia. Another few hundred are located across the Indonesian islands with a notable community in Majahpahits largest trade port. Kuching itself is noted to have nearly 3,000 Japanese living within the city limits mostly as a small group of families for the traders and officers of the Imperial Navy which remain stationed in the port city. The expansion of the various gold and silver mines in Japan most notably at the Iwami-Ginzan mine have provided a massive expansion to the base finances of the empire leaving quite literally a mountain of gold and silver for the Imperial government to fall back on should trade seriously fall out. With the Zaibatsus propensity for trade remaining favorable for the nation, there remains a net gain of bullion either being produced or brought into the country via trade from various sources. The currency board having run much of the Japanese currency system finally addresses the problem of foreign bullion/currency used in trade. Domestic currency remains usually restricted to domestic use or specifically in use for trade between Korea, and China (with china having mutually accepted currency to some degree with Japan due to the prior establishment of mutual currency inspectors) and foreign currencies having been acquired in serious amounts due to longstanding trade. It is essentially saved specifically for use in purchasing goods that cannot be overtly acquired via product trading and as a result this prompts the Kyoto Banking clans to to established a more uniform bank in Kyoto to more effectively manage this. Some of the mainline items outside of currency traded and used as "currency" remains as rice with much notable trade occuring with Majahpahit and the other Sumatran kingdoms using rice heavily as a form of purchase. A native settlement in the Japanese northern Azuma archipeligo refuses to be taxed this year prompting a Carrdjong from the Azuma fleet to be deployed off the coast of the small city. In a display of its power the native city concedes and pays its taxes but sees a 1,000-strong force from Fort Koba garrison the city for a few months.
- Hanseatic League: This is the 6th full year of Peter Burkhart's (b. 1499) reign. He has a younger sister, Josephine Burkhart (b. 1502), married to Adolf Welling of Hamburg (b. 1496); a younger brother, Henry Burkhart (b. 1512) who is unwed; a younger sister, Matilda Burkhart (b. 1514) who is married to Henry de la Mark; and a younger brother, Jacob Burkhart (b. 1519), who is not currently betrothed. Should Peter Burkhart pass away, an election will take place in Lübeck to determine the next Grand Mayor. Though the Burkhart family has run the League in a way resembling feudal lords, Henry Burkhart has yet to prove himself and Jacob would almost certainly not be elected, as he is only 14. Henry Burkhart is married to Zillah of Hesse (b. 1514), securing tighter relations between Hesse and the League. Arnold Starck and his followers, many of whom are former members of the Knights Templar, flock to Münster in the days leading up to Matthias' revolt. The fiery rhetoric of Matthias ignites a firestorm of supporters, who declare him mayor in a violent uprising. Though the legal mayor is able to escape from the city in time, the religious supporters of Starck do not spare the city. Starck, who at this point has immersed his theology with the occultist teachings of Johannes Trithemius, is convinced that the world is coming to an end. According to Johannes Trithemius, the Age of Samael, a fallen archangel associated with Satan, has passed. Now is the Age of Gabriel, signalling the creation of a new Garden of Eden. Starck and his Templar associates believe that they are capable of communicating through prayer with other people. He and Gideon write massive treatises with hidden praises of God in Latin as well as anti-Papal messages and cryptic warnings of doom. They form the Army of the Elect, believing they are chosen to deliver the people of the world into the Age of Gabriel. The Hanseatic League is quick to react; an army 4,000 men strong is sent to remove Matthias from power. It is joined by a force led by the Archbishop of Osnabrück. During the battle, a heavy storm rolls in. Mud and blood fuse in a putrid, sanguine slurry. The stench of battle is overwhelming. Reports indicate that the scent is so powerful that people's eyes burn. Famously, Starkite Templars and Catholic Templars meet on the field of battle. It is as if the fate of mankind, rather than the fate of a simple German city, hangs in the balance. In the end, the Starkites scatter. Matthias is found and beheaded. Starck, however, evades the battle in classic Arnold Starck fashion. An empty suit of armor is discovered on the battlefield, posed in prayer and clutching a book. It is a massive collection of poems by Starck. They are on a variety of subjects, from beautiful observations of birds and beautiful minutiae of life to vulgar passages on his own manhood. Starck is not seen again after this. The book is taken to Peter Burkhart, who has met Starck in the past and was intrigued by his works on steganography. He analyzes the passages and believes that Starck hid messages in the book. The most repeated passage indicates that Arnold Starck has apparently ascended to heaven. Shortly after, he reports having been visited by a ghostly apparition in his sleep. "...and Lo I was thrust into wakedness after a restless night of terrible dreams, yet I could not move or speak. When my nightmares returned to torture me in the day, I was shocked to behold the visage of a towering being, black as night and featureless. I felt to my very soul the icy feeling of dread as I knew the being before me as Samael; Venom of God; Seducer and Destroyer of Mankind. As I pray to God, and feel him in my soul as he speaks his divine wisdom, so too, did the archangel speak to me, yet not with words but with ideas and kernels of thought, each dripping with hatred and malice. And as this being approached appeared to fade away, he resembled a four-winged mass of black rings, twisting and turning in shapes too complex for the eye to track, and with a final flash of light and deafening noise, I could once again breathe. Yet, as if I had stared into the sun, when I closed my eyes I could see an image burned into my sight: the face of Gideon Matthias." Burkhart does not tell anyone of his observation this year. However, his policy shifts surprisingly in favor of the Jungists as he begins to delve further and further into the occult. In other news, Klein-Venedig goes completely bankrupt as the Gossler expeditions come back empty-handed. The Tagfahrt of 1533 determines that the Hansa should cut its losses and sell the colony. Hanoverian elements in the Tagfahrt, which believe that they can communicate across the world via prayer, are interested in acquiring Cabo Amarillo. Others believe that establishing some presence in North Meridia and back the Treaty of Cabo Amarillo.
- Georgia: King Nathan calls upon his allies for the defense of Georgia - a bastion of Christianity in the east. He says the fall of Georgia would mean the fall of Christendom. King Nathan raises as many troops as he can, levying more feudal levies and Turkish cavalry. He also fits some of them with arquebuses, thus pushing the number of "musketeers" to 40,000 - of which only two-thirds wield actual muskets. The defense of Lahijan is deemed futile, and as such, the garrison there is instructed to retreat and let the Persians take the city. Similarly, the entire lowland province of Manzadaran is abandoned - however, its land is razed and people relocated to Azerbaijan to ensure the invaders cannot use the province to extract resources and manpower. 30,000 troops are sent to intercept the armies near the city of Rasht. They are led by Lord George Hulagushvili, Mehmed's heir apparent. The troops consist of 5,000 newly-raised musketeers, 10,000 heavy lancers, and the remainder being Turkish light cavalry; they are also given control over 50 cannons. The light cavalry is placed on the first line. The second line consists of musketeers at the center, while heavy cavalry guards their flanks. The battle will begin with artillery fire, thus shattering enemy ranks. Concurrently, the light cavalry will harass their flanks in successive waves. After this, the musketeers' fire massed volley's at the enemy vanguard, while any enemy cavalry will be dealt with by the heavy cavalry. After they are routed, the Georgian heavy cavalry will proceed to attack the Persian flanks using the wedge formation to maximize their shock; hopefully, the combined pressure on the vanguard and flanks will force them into a rout. If they fail to rout the enemy, they will fall back to Rasht's fortifications and it will proceed to the siege stage. The court is hastily moved to Tbilisi - Georgia's secondary capital. Troops are sent to defend Tbilisi and keep public order. The primary capital, Tabriz's fortifications are reinforced with a tentative garrison of 5,000 feudal levies (for now) and a contingent of elite troops (leading the effort) yplaced there The city of Qazvin is also fortified, as it will be used as the stage of a counterattack to entrap the Persian army in Gilan. 40,000 entrench themselves in Beirut, which itself is heavily-fortified (including the fortress). They are under the command of the valiant and headstrong Mehmed Hulagushvili, a seasoned Genera. He does not fall prey to the Caliph's weak attempts at conducting psychological warfare. The troops are pinned against the sea, thus allowing them to concentrate their forces to their southern and south-eastern flanks and also allow them to be supplied from the sea (from the city of Laodicea) - thus crossing the Caliph's plan of a war of attrition. Mehmed has the light cavalry clear the few thousand troops stationed at the city's flanks - thus lifting the siege "proper". The light cavalry will also draw in the field army the Abbasids have stationed on nearby hills. This false battle will also serve as to expend the limited cannon fire the Abbasids have. After some fighting, the light cavalry will then falsely-retreat - it is expected that some of the Abbasid cavalry will pursue the false retreat. The light cavalry (mainly light lancers and horse-archers) will then reverse their retreat and take enemy cavalry by surprise - using their superior mobility to evade the enemy's attacks. After they are dealt with, the Georgian army will then engage with the rest of the Abbasid field army. They will fire an artillery battery of there own, firing numerous rounds into the Abbasid army - thus decimating their ranks. The artillery fire will be done in volley's - thus maximizing their potency and the shock they inflict. The Georgian musketeers will then initiate the second stage of the battle - firing volley's into the Abbasid vanguard. The musketeers' flanks would be secured by the light cavalry. The heavy cavalry will counter any attempted charge and after routing them, they would proceed to place pressure on the Abbasid flanks will charging them in the wedge formation. If Mehmed senses that the battle will end up in a defeat, he will orderly retreat back into the safety of Beirut; Mehmed will, however, do this successively to destroy Abbasid morale and to make the Abbasids - who are isolated from supply lines - expend their resources. Meanwhile, in Emessa, the 10,000 Georgian troops are joined by 5,000 streltsy. The musketeers will fire into the Abbasid vanguard - with the cavalry countering any charge. The musketeers will also receive minor artillery support. After the enemy ranks are "whittled down", the Georgian cavalry will proceed to harass the enemy flanks in hopes of initiating a rout. 5,000 Turkish light cavalry is dispatched to intercept the Abbasids in Palmyra. Meanwhile, 10,000 troops are sent to Aleppo. Aleppo's fortifications are reinforced, with supplies coming in from Tarsus. With intel coming in on the Abbasid's plans, Nathan abandons Basrah altogether and fortifies Baghdad.
- Rus' Dip: Dimitry II sends an offer to King Nathan of Georgia offeriing him 5,000 Rus' Streltsy (shooters/musketeers). He also offers to provide grain and salted meats at a lower cost for the duration of the war with the Arabs.
- Georgia agrees, and puts the 5,000 _streltsy_ to good use in the recapture of Basrah. Nathan sends 12 bales of raw silk to the Russian court in recognition of their aid.
- Tsar Dimitry II also sends several a caraven of salted meats to add to the Georgian supplies.
- Hesse: Both Agnes and Jezrahiah die unexpectedly around the same time, causing the thrones of both Nassau and Hesse to pass to Ermanaric II. Prior to her death, Agnes expressed great love for Edmund Alwin, and many of her children likewise looked up to him. Hesse would deploy soldiers to aid the Protestant side in Lotharingia and help them establish independence. An alliance is proposed with Wagner and his coalition of southern cities, and it is proposed that if Lotharingia refuses to recognize the supremacy of Protestantism, then Hesse will support the partition of Lotharingia between north and south, with a southern Protestant state under Wagner being supported.Prior to her death, Agnes allegedly hired several highly skilled assassins that are heavily trained in assassinations are sent to assassinate the current Pope in Rome using the utmost skill and care to assassinate him until he died (RNG requested)
- RNG 19/20: Only successful in injuring the Pope, the assassins are captured in Rome, and imprisoned.
- Majapahit Empire: With the war ending with Lampung the beginning of its integration of it as a core administered territory shall begin this year. With soldiers are our levies are sent home, the bodies of the dead are being thrown into the Eastern coast of Lampung, with knowing that Lampung has a good sum of ports and dockyards, the Trag commence the increase of his navy to 20 Djrongs more, repairs of Blambgan enters its ninth year with one year left so can the production of rice grows more. The agriculture of rice continues to boom to sustain the population and increase the growth rate. The Demak Muslims are still being scattered and forced to resettle into the rural areas of Java in order to break its stronghold and the same acts as done two years before in order to assurd prestige and stability. Trade continues to flourish with the Abasids and the Portuguese and the Germans and the Lotharingians and the Spanish. The remaining of the Vietnamese soldiers are sent with a huge quantity of seven tons of rice to be given for their families. As levies are sent back home to practice their normal lifes they are given permission to keep their armour and their wepons in case of any surprise seige. Majapahit arsenals are still producing the matchlock snap for the arquebus to be used for regular armies, Pi orders some few hundreds of matchlock arquebus to be handed to the local militias and abolishes the term that they are funding themselves and donates a total of 10,000 silver Taels to the hole Milita Corp who is starting to appear now as thousands instead of few hundreds as he covers their whole military equipment expenses in order to protect the regions of Demak and Bali from any absurd revolt that occurs in the region. Trag Pi changes his plans for going once again into a hunt by practicing for shooting Isntingars and archery. With the port construction in Powu is near and it enters its ninth year more merchants ships are coming to buy cheap spice from the indigenous people in exchange of same value items as the spice be used in personal use and local use or be sold for the Europeans and Middle Easterners. Pi finances and gives a Ransome of 2,000 golden Taels to fund a new solid Empire income that is Timber and Lumber wood. It is needed for serval things like building houses or shops or boats or ports or being used for camp fires as it takes longer to estinguish. The old timber or Lumber wood is being used to make camp fires or fire places to provide enough heat or enough fire to cook food if needed. Lumber in particular is also very needed to make the seige wepons. So it can be used for much much different pourpouses. Trag Pi commences the timber and lumber wood cutting and manufacturing into planks and other materials or be only used as logs or small sticks. It will be brought to the market to be sold in order to get more wealthy to start his other project wich is repairing and commissioning more roads to be built and more flat waaks to be build to increase the safe mobility between the villages or the cities wich will start in the next year. Pi declares that Majapahit empire will see a prosperous age.
- Mahayarda of Sebuirto Archipelago: The trade continues with the westerns. The annual tribute is given as promised.
- Mahayarda of Timor:population reaches 272,500. Urbanization process begins with Pambri reaching 43,300 residents. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well. The trade with the Portuguese becomes more intensive.
- Powu: Adji Supandi finances the construction of the port that enters the 9th year of construction. trade with the indigenous people started to appear more intensive.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha Archipelago: The population reaches 7,200. The archipelago is doing fine.
- Papal States: This year, a consistory is made at the Basilica of Saint John Lateran. There, Pope Lucius IV creates as cardinal Reginald Pole (England). While returning to the Apostolic Palace, the pope and his entourage are attacked by a group of men. They try to kill Lucius IV, but are stopped by the Celtic Guard. However, the assassins are able to injure the pontiff before being arrested and throw in the deepest dungeon of Castel Sant’Angelo under watching of several guards. The Holy Father is rushed to his room in the apostolic palace and a physician of the Hospital of Rome is called to take care of him. While the pope recovers, Cardinal-Secretary Arsaell Martino Esturlungio becomes responsible for ruling the Papal States. His first act is interrogating the assassins to extract from them answers about who hired them for this horrendous act, with the Cardinal himself overseeing the interrogation sessions. After several sessions, the assassins confess that they were hired by the Jungists of Hesse and that they reached Rome disguised with a group of Jewish merchants. These revelations are brought before the College of Cardinals. This cause even more conflict between the Spirituali and Zelanti factions. The Zelanti says that this proves that Protestants aren’t trustworthy, while the Spirituali says that not every Protestant is like that. Cardinal-Secretary Esturlungio and his fellow Zellanti support the idea of the assassins being burned at the stake, but Pope Lucius IV appears during the meeting and orders that they be only imprisoned. Then, the assassins continue imprisoned in chains at the deepest dungeon of Castel Sant’Angelo, being watched day and night by guards. After that meeting, the pope returns for his room and start to have fever. Once again acting as regent of the Papal States, Cardinal-Secretary Arsaell Martino Esturlungio uses his position to write a document were he exposes the assassination attempt of Pope Lucius IV by Jungists of Hesse and present the ideas of the Zelanti. He denounces the Protestants as assassins, untrustworthy and followers of Satan. He also tells how the assassins arrived to Rome together with the Jewish merchants and implies that Jews were conniving with the assassination attempt. This document is named Defensio Ecclesiae and several copies are printed by the Pontifical Roman Press and sent to all Catholic churches of Europe. All Catholics must know that the Jungists tried to kill the Vicar of Christ in the Holy City of Rome. The people of the Papal States become outraged by the assassination attempt, even more after Defensio Ecclesiae is read in the churches. Some cases of attack against Jews happens due to the accusations of connivance and helping Protestants. Michelangelo continues painting the fresco based in the Last Judgement in the altar wall of the Gregorian Chapel. The Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuilt. The artist Galeazzo Rado continues painting the ceiling of the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano. The Gregorian Tower continues attracting several scholars of Saint Augustine’s University seeking to implement their understanding of the cosmos. The military and navy of the Papal States continues to be modernized and the walls of Rome continue to be fortified. Severino Vecera continues working in his book. The Theologians led by the Dominican Friar Pietro Foscari present the visions of Sister Elizabeth Barton to the College of Cardinals. The cardinals analyze the visions and consider it true, but since the pope is ill, the official approval will need to wait. With the death of William Grey, his daughter Henrietta Grey, her husband Eberhard II von Lenzburg and their children travel to England. The health of Pope Lucius IV continues declining and his injuries aren’t recovering. The physicians think that he will not live much longer.
- Republic of Ancona: The modernization of the Republic’s navy continues. The Jesuits continue preaching in the Republic. The people of Ancona become outraged with the news that Pope Lucius IV was nearly assassinated by the Jungists. Henry (or Enrico) Asburgo Della Rovere and the other Elders receive Cardinal Esturlungio’s document and spread it in Ancona. Soon the Zelanti become dominant in the Republic, with Cardinal Baldovinetto de' Baldovinetti being the leader of this faction there. In the name of the Elders Henry Asburgo writes to Florence and Modena seeking to stablish trade agreements with these two nations. [MOD response needed, please]. He also funds the construction of an academy for artists in the city of Ancona.
- Mod Response: Florence accepts. -Feud.
- Mali Empire: Musa III ascended the throne of Mali in his own right, which immediately brought to his attention the ongoing instability and religious conflict that was leftover from his predecessor. The revolt in Niani against Musa's inheritence continued for a few months into the new year, before disappearing entirely around early March. Musa was firm on religious unity and religous solidarity among the Yunni population, as well as his loyalty to his benefactors in the Kingdom of Waalo. In the Sadiyanate, Musa pursued a strict policy on containing the Catholic population of the Babani, and cracked down on ongoing issues of piracy there as well. His policy against his cousins in the Empire of Bornu was tenuous at best, not only due to their support of Ayyob Sefawa, but the existing religous split between Sunnis and Yunnis as well. Yahya Mamamoo continued to support the Mansa at this time, even while he was mostly retired, but it is often suspected that Musa rarely adhered to the philosopher's advice as much as Mustafa did. In one anecdote, Musa asked all his advisors for the best plan to hold on tighter control of Daura, to which Mamamoo responded "why do you try to control lands you don't have purpose in?" And it was on this statement he was dismissed from the palace. In the far west, Jalut Kujabi expands the city of Jadid immensely, and goes on one final expedition up into the jungle to search for the lands of Abu Bakr. According to a legend, popularized across many biographies at the time, Kujabi encountered a host of spirits that challenged him on many tasks. Once Kujabi finished these tasks to their satisfaction, the spirits lifted him up and carried him to the bosom of Abu Bakr. The earliest accounts of the incident, however, strongly implies that Kujabi was actually killed by cannibal Tupi warriors in the region. Still, it was this time that the great jungle of Meridia was first given its name by the Mali Empire, referred to as the Forest of the Djinn, or anglcanized as the Jenniah Rainforest. Kujabi's main contribution, the city of Jadid, rapidly grew from African settlers around this time. Meanwhile, another exploration sent from Waalo finally rounded the cape of Africa at this time, by the navigator Yolo Ali Jannah. Yolo Ali explored around the Comoros archipeligo and Mozambique island, meeting with the Portuguese garisons there, and encountered Indian traders along the southern Indian Ocean.
- Tsardom of Russia: Tsar Dimitry II makes his triumphant return to Kiev entering the city in a military parade mirroring the acts of rulers of old. The Tsarina and Princess Elene are shocked and dismayed, however, to find out that Konstantin Rurikovich is there. Dimitry II assures them that his son is okay - that he went to Constantinople to try to work out new deals with the Greek bankers only disclosing to Kniaz Nikolay Turgenev of his son gonig with a contingent of Russian Cossacks to Asia Minor to assist the Greeks in an upcoming campaign.The court of Dimitry is amazed at the wealth that has been extracted from the conquest of Astrakhan and the beaitful silk from Georgia. Tsar Dimitry II bestows four of the 12 barrels of silk to the cities of Kiev and Novgorod, and two of them to the Patriarch of Novgorod and the Church itself. While the other barrels are added to the treasury due to their value in European markets. Half of the plunder is used to cover the salaries of the men who partook in the campaign and to reward those who showed initiative and merit during the campaign while one-fourth is added to the treasury and the rest is used to either pay off debts to the Greek bankers or to invest in joint Greek and German trading ventures, to generate new revenue for the state while the new lands are accessed for dsitribution amongst Dimitry's men or for sale to generate more revenue for the crown. The fort on the Volga at OTL (Tsarityn/Stalingrad/Volgograd) is commissioned to be turned into a permanant garrison with the earthwork and wooden walls used as a framework to build an actual fotress from which to exert Russian authority in the region due to its prime location. Consturction of new canals for irrigation and to open up more land for farming continue along the major riverswith plans to develop the recently gained lands due to the better climate. Cattle raising and horse herding continue to grow as major econonic activies in the frontier due to the large tracts of open land. In the Uralic frontier trapping continues to grow as the Russian Frontier pushes east with new outposts being established. Evangilization efforts of the Uralic and Steppe pagans continue with preachers following thr trappers and merchants into the frontiers. The port of Neva continues to grow in importance as Russian furs, salt, timber, grain, and iron are sold in large quantities to the Hansa Merchants. Many Russian Boyars and Burghers begin to see the benefits of Dimitry II's policies as reconsutrction is well underway in many parts of Russia, and economic growth starts again with trade rising to pre war levels due to the high demand in the Black and Baltics Seas. The deal to sell grain and salted meats to Georgia also help prove the benefits to the Tsar's foreign policies. More freeholder families and communities are promoted to those men amongst the poorest who show ability and strong bodies providing them with a plot of land and with a few heads of cattle and horses along with a bride whose dowry is paid for by the church with Crown subsidies to promote a growth of population and loyal men who can serve the tsar as the land is granted in exchange for service and an oath of loyalty to the tsar and his descendants. The various freeholder communities are granted light taxation as well to promote development Tatar serfs are distributed amongst the settlers in th frontier region. AN offer is extended to the Circassians to open up trade relations between the Rus' and the Circassians to promote trade and kinship as many of the Circassians are orthodox. (Mod response).
- Circassia accepts (Dren rnged and approved).
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania: Poland decided to strengthen its defense by building more fortifications around its borders. It also bought more cannons and firearms. The nation supports the farmers and started building more centers of trade. It also sent 3,500 soldiers to conquer Slovakia. Algo needed.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. Rahel of Arpad is looking for a husband to marry this year. (Anyone can respond to this)
- Abbasid Caliphate: The securing of Damascus would be the first step in the full restoration of the Caliphate, with Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman's defensive allowing for total occupation and annexation of southern Syria into the new Islamic Empire. After scouts report the movement of Georgian troops to Aleppo and Beirut, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman decides that the campaign will temporarily cease so as to better defenses and make up for casualties. By July, after establishing proper supply routes from the Levant and bolstering recruits across Arabia to fight under the banner of God, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman orders a naval blockade against the Georgian Empire along the Eastern Mediterannean, cutting the supply lines between Laodicea and Beirut and re-routing them to Cairo and Alexandria, where the sailors and men are arrested, later being stoned to death or imprisoned for life. Other reports indicate that the Safavid dynasty of Persia has begun a reclamation campaign against Georgia, with Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman sending his best regards to the Sultan of Persia and a diplomatic alliance to secure that interests between the Caliphate and Persia do not result in a conflict of interest among the respective kingdoms in their individual campaigns of re-conquest. [Mod Response Needed]. In late July, the second campaign begins: an army of 14,000 men are dispatched from Damascus to attack the city of Homs. [Algo Needed]. While the attack on Homs occurs, a small regiment of 1,000 forces will secure the city of Sidon after knowledge of the Georgian movements to Beirut is given. After scouts report a large legion of men in Beirut, likely much of the remaining forces in Syria excluding the city of Aleppo, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman begins to think of a way to cut off land supplies and to starve the Georgian Empire. He ponders and ponders until the men dispatched to Homs indicate success in capturing the city. With that, he dispatches small armies of 1,000 each to the cities of Aley, Barja, and Jounieh, surrounding the fortress of Beirut. [Algo Needed]. After methodically placing artillery among the high ground surrounding Beirut while blocking all exits for the army of Mehmed Hulagushvili to disperse to if failure in defending the city, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman plays the psychological game, firing a few cannons occasionally as a means of "scarying" the enemy into thinking an attack is imminent while food resources are slowly drained in the city due to a lack of ability to secure resources by land or by sea. If they try to move any direction in an effort to attack the Abbasid defense, they shall be facing a defensive regiment of 35,000 men, fighting an uphill battle against cannons and cavalry. 3,000 men are sent to take Tripoli while another 3,000 attack Tartus. [Algo Needed]. A rag-tag group of Berbers from Ifriqiya dispatch from Homs to attack Palmyra in an effort to "prove themselves in the eyes of God and the most gracious", only constituting 1,500 men. [Algo Needed]. Meanwhile, in Basrah, the Mamluk Knights finish their recruitment of casualty-replacements and set up defenses in the city. Knowing the Georgians will likely counter, they take advantage of the Sunni population by sending out military commanders to mix within crowds and raise rebellion in Mesopotamia. The Courtier of the Prince, Mukhtar Abu Mostafa ibn Zahid al-Farsi, goes to the city of Ar-Rutbah, establishing a direct line in the south between Syria and Damascus while mass-recruitment of the Sunni population is undertaken. [Mod Response for Success]. Courtier Mukhtar al-Farsi pleads with the Sunni population to raise arms and liberate themselves from the molesting hands of the Empire of Georgia, which has killed and slaughtered thousands of Muslims since their conquest of the Fertile Crescent. Elsewhere, diplomats in Morocco ask the Sultan for support in the conflict by sending a regiment to help the Caliph's campaign in Syria. [Morocco Response Needed].
- The sultan of Morocco accept to help the abbasids and send 11,000 (with mercenaries, pirate and berber troops) to help the caliph's campaign in Syria damascus.
- Kingdom of Portugal: The work of rebuilding the capital continues as planned with many of the damaged buildings either being replaced or rebuilt The queen continues to visit the common people and talking to them to prove that she is the people's monarch. Meanwhile, the rebuilding of the fleet continues with only two years to go until the fleet has been fully rebuilt. In Santo Andre, the colony begins expanding more along the coast with the same thing happening in Brazil with more aand more Portuguese people moving to the colonies. The queen issues the Sao Tome and Principe integration decree which offically integrates it as a province of Portugal with all of its citizens becoming Portuguese citizens.
- Roman Empire: Stockpiles of grain and equipment are amassed at strategic locations throughout the empire’s southern and eastern territories. Military preparations are made for an extended campaign. Troops are drilled more than usual to bring everyone to supreme fighting strength. Government spending is cut back in other areas and a reserve is built at the expense of infrastructure works. Otherwise, trade flows continue at a reduced level this year and neo-euergetism slows after the initial burst. Muslim Turks in Asia Minor are offered land in the poldering projects of Dobruja if they convert. Several hundred households and an additional few thousand poor bachelors agree to these terms in the hope of a new life. Trade revenues and loan repayments from Russia allow private lenders to expand their operations, coming to control much of the eastern Mediterranean financial market.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di" Sad news from over the ocean Johan Ruysch famous explorer and carthographer in Bergen in the Herdersvlakte colony dies at the age of around 70. Ruysch dying of old age less then a year since his so called sheep edict allowing for free grazing in Herdersvlakte. Thus after the funeral his succesor is voted upon to be Willem Smit due to his great succes and adoption of to the prairy life in Herdersvlakte. Willem trying to encourage farmers from all over Lotharingia and even Wales and England to come to Herdersvlakte as to greaten the wool production to Lotharingia as Goods coming from Lotharingian companies have their tolls and taxes only half of those for foreign companies. This preferential threatment does require a company to either a free or "Koninglijke" Compagnie which means swearing an oath of Loyalty to Lotharingia even if this oath does not have specific requirements it prevents a company being a vassal of a foreign power, even when having agreements trade are allowed and encouraged. Bergen becoming known as a fertille and flatland that are like the hills of wales combined with a big river alike to the Rhine and Muese delta in Lotharingia. The men also hearing of a source of gold and riches at the mouth of the Parana River, although at the moment it is not went after as to not anger Spanish. The RHC wanting to keep relations well and good with the Kingdom of Spain and Portugal in the belive that it will ensure stability and riches. While in Northern Ruysch a group of Fishermen coming from Kebeck going to Broekden find a small island of the coast, the land being named after the mythical giant Antigoon. Thus the small uninhabited island is called Antigoon island after the claim that the island is made of the giants hand after it was thrown away into the ocean. Thus the island is claimed for the Colony of Kebeck even if the islands have to pratical vallue it does give some minor prestige and the ability to build a fort or any other defences on the island on the way to the Sint Willibrord river. Mainwhile in Klaesstad the first big three cutting accurs as the jungle woods are used for the repairing of ships, the making of houses, warehouses, workshops, a church and many more facilities needed for trade with the east indies. The Wood even being used to make some Java punasiers for the native asians as to sell it for spices and political favours, these guns fueling wars and local economy. Juliaen dekremer and Local Brabanders seeing the endanger his navy and troops, thus he prepares his 12,000 ready to retake antwerp and restore the revenue and glory. Antwerp being the most important mercantile city with the mouth of the Schelde being based on antwerp and thus also Connecting both Ghent, Mechelen and Louvain to the sea. Thus Juliaen fearing great economic trouble and instability if antwerp is not soon taken, due to a lack of trade with companies and acces to English wool for the Lakenhallen.
- Kingdom of Dagon: At court, Ye Htut is found to have had an affair with the sister of Tabinschwenti, Thakin Gyi, and under Burmese law this would constitute treason. Ye Htut willingly submits to capture until deliberation can be made on his fate by Tabinschwenti. After much discussion with his ministers and advisors, the final decision made by Tabinschwenti to allow for Ye Htut to marry his sister and bestow the title of title of Kyawhtin Nawrahta upon Ye Htut winning his undying loyalty. The assassination of Sawlon by his advisors come as an unforeseen development by many within Dagon. Thohanbwa, Sawlon’s son, is left as the ruler to the Shan States concerning many as he is regarded as a savage having earned the ire of Shan and Burmese alike for his indiscriminate looting, killing, and book burning as well as the looting of Buddhist Pagodas. The decision is made to declare war with the argument made that the defensive alliance existed solely with Sawlon before he was assassinated with an army comprised of 18,--- to strike at Ava to prevent any more of the chaos and destruction of Buddhist property. Foreign mercenaries, firearms, and tactics are incorporated into the army thanks to the access possessed by control over lower Burma. The army is headed by Tabinschwenti with Ye Htut, Saw Legun Ein, and Nattani Chaiprasit assisting as commanders and advisors for the campaign. A fleet of riverboats are dispatched up the Irrawaddy River armed with arquebusiers and cannons to attack enemy positions around Ava with Fort Pelean defending the mouth of the river. The army is to advance on the city of Ava and secure it through a prolonged siege. (Algo Needed). An army of 20,000 is raised in reserve in case more reinforcements are needed but are held in Siam proper to preserve supply lines in the region to support the 17,000 troops in Ava.
- Dai Viet-Lan Xang: News of Siam invading Avan territories has shocked Emperor Photisarath and he immediately turned to Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm and the Privy Council for advices. Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm told the Emperor: “Your Majesty ought not to declare war against Siam, as although the war is against an ally of Dai Viet, the new dynasty of Ava is pretty much against the old dynasty that we made an alliance with. In that case we should really support Siam instead of going against them. However, Siam isn’t doing this for a noble cause, Your Majesty, they will surely annex Ava, and if we wish to keep our borders safe we ought to continue the Horizontal Alliance policy and immediately convince Hsenwi to form a defensive alliance with us.” An envoy is sent to Hsenwi for a defensive alliance, while reminding them the recent conflicts in the region of Burma, and the generosity that Dai Viet-Lan Xang gave to Hsenwi in the recent years. (Mod Response Needed). General infrastructure, upgrade of road systems, irrigation and constructions of levees continues to be put under way managed by the Ministry of Revenue in the Cửu Long delta as the progress of merging the delta into Dai Viet. Fortifications are also raised alongside the Mekong River as a precaution. Envoys are sent to Siam to ask whether they need support in their war against Ava and ask them to find traces of the descendant of the previous Lê dynasty in Ava, Princess Ngọc Hoa, since the dynasty was disposed by Sawlon. (Siam Response)
- Dagon Response: Although Dai Viet's offer of assistance is appreciated, Tabinschwenti wishes to prove himself as a capable commander and refuses the offer as gently as possible but does agree to determine the whereabouts or fate of the Princess.
- Celtic Confederacy: With the attempts by seditionaries to stir up trouble as a result of the invasion of Cornwall, the King points out that it was the NOBLES THEMSELVES who forced him to leave the last war early, and advocated for the avoidance of another war. Negotiations with England continue, (SECRET) and the king secretly offer’s to sell them Cornwall in exchange for a large sum of money and investment to help the Celtic economy recover, and withdraw from the Irish Sea trade routes they had been taking over from Celtic Merchants (ENGLISH RESPONSE NEEDED) (SECRET END) (ME AND TOPAZ AGREED TO ROLEPLAY THIS). In other news, the duties of the increasingly aging King Edward continue to be taken over by crown prince Kenneth. Joseph of Iona continues advocating for the Zelanti Faction, and the Defensio Ecclesiae is read in churches throughout the Celtic Realms. News of the Jungist attempt to assasinate the Pope with the aid of the Jews enrages the Celtic Population, resulting in pogroms throughout Scotland and Ireland and the seizure of most Jewish properties in the realm, rapidly accelerating the process began last year. Although there are some sporadic attempts on the few suspected heretics left in the realm, this is rare due to the very small number of them left inside of the Celtic Confederacy, so most of the attention goes toward Celtic Jews. As a result of this, Joseph of Iona publishes his second major tract against the Jungists, coaborating the claims of Cardinal Esturlingo from his personal experience and condeming the Jungists as Heretics and Worshipers of Satan of the highest order, in league with the Mohhamadans and the Murderers of Christ, who must be utterly destroyed to ensure the saftey of the realms of god. He also condems the Jungists unwillingness to stick to any peace agreement, demonstrated clearly by the attempts of the so called "jungist republic" to support an uprising in a Catholic State and the attempt by Hesse to assassinate the pope, and confidently predicting they will try to asassinate him soon in order to silence him. This book, I gcoinne na Liars agus Assassins, is soon published throughout Gaelia and distributed further still as a result of it. With the decline of English trade in the Irish sea as a result of the fears of another conflict, we quickly seize the opprotuniy and begin reclaiming our trade routes and subsidising celtic merchants in the region.
- English Diplomacy: King Henry VIII of England, whose armies are already occupying Cornwall, agrees to "buy" Cornwall in order to prevent a larger-scale conflict. Though, he notes that he as King cannot fully control the actions of the English maritime merchants.
- Kingdom of England: The army led by King Henry VIII of England, along with the mercenary company of Alexander Anderson, establishes control over Truro and therefore effectively over Cornwall as a whole. When King Henry VIII, despite the successful occupation, nonetheless agrees to pay King Edward IV of Scotland to "buy" Cornwall from the Celtic Confederacy, some of the more hardline members of the English Parliament and lower nobility become upset, viewing this as an unnecessary concession to the Celtic Confederacy. However, many other nobles, particularly those who had been on the Lancastrian side in the civil war, such as Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset and Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick, side with King Henry VIII on this issue, explaining the concession as necessary to prevent a large-scale war in the British Isles. Most of King Henry VIII's army remains in Cornwall or nearby in Devon through the year in order to help stabilise the region and deal with any peasant unrest during the transition; these soldiers also work on improving the fortifications of Truro after they establish control over it. The decrease in trade in the Irish Sea has a somewhat negative effect on the English economy, but it starts to recover late in the year after the tensions between England and Scotland appear to be settled. Archbishop of Canterbury Reginald Pole and other clergy at Canterbury continue to study the visions of Elizabeth Barton, and listen to the visiting Roman theologians. Meanwhile, the news of the assassination attempt on Pope Lucius IV gathers a negative reaction from both the English clergy and nobility, who view it as a terrible crime that someone would try to murder such an important and holy figure in this time of religious crisis across Europe. When Henrietta Grey and her family arrive in England and take up residence in Dorset, she is ratified as the 4th Marchioness of Dorset, with her husband Eberhard II von Lenzburg effectively being Marquess jure uxoris and their son Heinrich IV von Lenzburg the heir. Blanche Neville (b. 1515), daughter of Ralph Neville, 4th Earl of Westmorland, is married to Henry Borgburg (b. 1511), son of the Hampshire immigrants Raffaella of Habsburg and Gioffre Borgia; and James Tuchet (b. 1507), son of John Tuchet, 2nd Earl of Essex, marries Mary Percy (b. 1504), sister of George Percy, 6th Earl of Northumberland. Still seeking to establish closer relations between England and Catholic nations on the continent, King Henry VIII writes to King Lucas II of Arles, proposing that his daughter Ursula of York (b. 1507) could be a bride for Lucas II's son Louis II (b. 1514). (Arles response) Edward Courtenay and Margaret Beaufort have their fourth child, a daughter named Anne (b. 1533); and George Percy, 6th Earl of Northumberland and Katherine Beaufort have their second child, a son named Henry (b. 1533). Tragically, Bridget Howard (1524-1533), daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and Frances of Gloucester, dies of a disease.
- The Spanish Empire: As larger sums of gold trickle in from The New World, The Spanish Mints begin to store and manage the supply. Beyond such, with the return of Giorno followed by the death of Leonardo Da Vinci, Golden Wind begins to be reconsidered. Elvin travels personally to Constantinople to meet with his brother in-law and sister. He wishes to formalise an alliance with The Eastern Roman Empire. (Roman Response). The Spanish Arsenal invests in constructing and raising the fleet by 45 ships this year. Spanish Rif defenses see the upgrade of cannons and artillery around strategic points.
Pope Lucius IV dies of an infection from the wounds he received in the assassination attempt the previous year. A new papal conclave begins in Rome.
As a result of the assassination attempt and the pope's death, there is also unrest in Catholic countries particularly in southern Europe, with some citizens calling for retaliation against Protestants.
The Khanate of Kazakh, allied with Bukhara and other neighboring khanates, begin major raiding campaigns against Russia, taking advantage of their war-torn state to pillage the eastern territories.
Slovakia is crushed by the Polish forces with many just simply deserting or refusing to fight a much more superior force
After the loss of Cornwall, increased taxation within the Celtic Confederacy – to pay for the war and the nation's extraterritorial obligations – casues unrest among the Irish nobility. This is only clearly offset by the sale of the Cornwall title but results in a spilling over when the MacDonnells and Clandeboye O'Neills attack Scottish settlers in eastern Ulster. Among this environment, an Irish student of Kafka named Aloysius Wilde begins preaching reformed doctrine and advocating for presbyterian church governance.
In the Patriarchate of Aquileia, internal conflict breaks out between the cities of Cividale and Udine. The new Duke of Austria, Stephen IV, responds by occupying the hinterlands of Aquilea, piqueing the interest of the Venetians.
As Smallpox grips the Inca Empire, civil war erupts. The current Sapa Inca is 15-year-old Paullu Inca, who is not yet old enough to rule. While he believes some form of appeasement may be possible with the Spanish, others believe this course of action to be a sign of weakness or youthful naïveté. They rally around Atoc, who leads an army of 40,000 out of Quechua intent on securing the throne and protecting the Inca Empire from the foreign invaders.
King Lionel of Wales (1464-1534) dies of natural causes as is succeeded as King by his as yet unmarried son Llywelyn (b. 1496).
In Germany, at the state funeral of Duke Edmund Alwin of Saxony, the late Duke's first cousin Shadrach de la Marck (1465-1534) dies after accidentally being crushed in the crowd.
- Saxony: Saxony is still recovering from the death of Edmund Alwin. After speaking with experienced cartographers, his sons and his nephew formalize their boundaries within the Duchy of Saxony. Wolfgang becomes Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxe-Wittenberg. The nephew Wenceslaus becomes Duke of Saxe-Lobnitz (built on territory gained from Meissen in previous wars), Alwin gains Saxe-Lochau, Louis becomes Duke of Saxe-Wolfen, and Edmund becomes Duke of Saxe-Jessen. This immediately runs into problems, with Edmund insisting on declaring Saxe-Jessen Catholic, hampering and tampering with and delaying Wolfgang's plans to join the UJRR later that year. Meanwhile, a group of Saxons sent by the late Edmund Alwin to settle in Hanseatic colonies in previous years embark on an expedition into unmapped, unclaimed territory of Meridia, hoping to claim land for Saxony.
- Tsardom of Russia: Tsar Dimitry immediately responds to the growing raids in the newly acquired territories in the east by granting Kniaz Aleksei Volkov with a further 10,000 men to bolster garrisons in the east and makes him the governor of the governate of Tartarstan with Kazan as its capital with 25,000 now under his command. A large of Sappers (military engineers) are also put under his command to begin building defenses along the frontier specially along the Volga building large wooden forts reinforced with earthworks to both stregthen their hold in the region by creating new garrisons but also to provide a bulwark against future raids by the hordes east of the Ural River with the lands between the Volga and the Ural Rivers being heavily contested following the recent collapse of the nogay horde. Construction of a new fortress at the site of the Dimitry's base (OTL Volgograd) during the conquest of Astrakhan continues with plans to build a major garrison town and trading hub with to replace Sarai which was razed to signal the end of the Age of the Mongol in Europe. Many Tatar girls and women left homeless, orphaned or widows by the recent conquest in the region and raids by the Kazakhi and their allies are brought into the "protection" of the governor and the Russian church expanding the programs started during the civil war east to provide wives and dowries for men who settle in the region. The Tsar also promotes settlers east promising a parcel of land six head of cattle and several horses for breeding in exchange for swearing to serve the tsar in the duties of protecting the frontier region. Taking advantage of the outbreak of hostilities in the Levant Dimitry II and the Merchants of Russia take the opportunity to increase the exports of grain, cattle, and horses, and salted meats to the Georgians and also to the Greeks whose increased purchasing of Russian goods has been noticed by Kiev. Prices are lowered a little to improve the competiveness of Russian goods to gain a larger share of the market and to generate greater income for the recovering Russian economy. Lumbering also greatly expands as wood is offered to the Greeks at a lower price so that their shipwrights are never for lack of raw material. Construction of an arsenal at Moscow begin as the new star shaped fortifications near completion. Kniaz Konstantin Rurikovich remains in Constantinople for the year as Kniaz Nestoras Manikis forbids him form taking direct part in the fighting and to instead takes the opportunity to learn about Greek politics and warfare, so that he may gain first hand knowledge needed to one day lead the Rus' should it be needed when his father dies and Konstantin becomes Tsar. Konstantin reluctantly agrees to his father's will and takes the chancee rekindle old friendships and flames in Constantinople the city of his birth. He goes through the city grew, remembering fondly his days of youth sleeping with the wives of Greek aristocrats, and debating politics and philosophy with his professors. Now a man of 31 years of age, Konstantin engages with merchants, bankers, and statemen of the great City of Constantinople not as the boy who whored his way through the Greek court, but as the student of the cunning Nikolay Turgenev the man who has been the right hand of Dimitry the Great since their days, as Russian students in Constantinople. Konstantin finds himself at ease in the ancient halls of power of Constantinople applying his years of exprience under Turgenev's mentorship and his own experience of defying, and then reconciling with his father the domineering Tsar of Russia who broke the Tatars and Unified the Rus' under the restored house of Rurik. Now also a seasoned veteran of the conquest of Astrakhan He engages in discussions with Greek Tsar over how best to proceed from this point onward. He finds also that he engages with Greek Aristocrats, not as a frivilous heartthrob but as proud representive of his father, and his future domains bartering and fiercely negotiating with the men of power in Greece new business propositions for the post war and the procurement of Russian timber, cattle, salted meat, for the Greek war effort, while being able to debate with even the greatest minds of Constantinople while applying the regal charm and authority gained after years of living in the court of Tsar Dimitry the Great and coming out from under his father's shadow in his own right as a shrewd diplomat and stateman. Hearing word of the disastrous defeats of Georgia and news of Romans entretching in northern Syria. Tsar Dimitry II sends word to muster a small force of 15,000 of his veteran Varyag, 10,000 veteran forces who are to be ready leave under his command at a moments notice should the Muslim foes prove too much for his southern allies. own their own in a defensive war against the heathens.An envoy is sent to his son in Constantniople to inform Tsar Andronikos VI so as to better arrange for trasnsport should it be required.
- Roman Empire: The Spanish Alliance is accepted early in the year, dubbed the Pact of Two Romes. Importantly, the agreement clarifies succession upon the death of Elvin. Andronikos VI abandons any claim to the Spanish Crown through his mother and John any claim to the Roman Crown through his father. The two brothers will eventually rule, respectively, the two clear successors to East and West Rome respectively. This move solidifies the Houses of Palaiologos and Palaiologos-Barcelona as political and military allies across the Mediterranean. The following 30 years during which John and Andronikos would rule would eventually become known as the Pax Palaiologa. However, before that time would arrive blood would be shed. Having consulted with Konstantin of Russia and his Uncle Elvin, Kaisar-Autokrat Andronikos VI is convinced to undertake a war agains the Abbasids. A knowledgable student of politics, Konstantin is particularly influential, suggesting a limited land operation combined with expansive naval invasions and a naval focus to the war. A formal war is declared on the Abbasid Caliphate. The fleet of 350 ships is raised under the command of Dragut Reis, “The Drawn Sword of Rome,” the notable Roman Admiral who traveled as far as Japan. It includes the Morean Fleet for a total of 375 ships, and sets sail to relieve the Georgians at Beirut and resupply the defense of the city. (Algo to break the blockade bring in supplies) On land the Themata and Tagmata of the empire, and the Themata of Cappadocia and Morea are rallied. Six Themata, 36,000 men, under the command of the veteran Strategos Tagaris cross into Georgia. They arrive at Antioch, quickly improving the defenses of the city by piling earth around its walls, using the citizens as laborers. These improvements, inspired by the bastion walls of Constantinople, will repel the Abbasid artillery and enable a strong defense of the city. To the west, three Themata, 18,000 men, the Russians, and the Kozakoi, a total of 33,000 men deploy under the command of Greco Russian general Kniaz Nestoras Manikis. They assume the defense of Aleppo, and also employ the cities population in creating piles of earth and ditches before the walls of the city. Meanwhile, the stockpiles of grain and equipment amassed last year are used to support this army in its campaign. Additionally, the Tagmata and four Themata, 36,000 men remain stationed throughout the empire preparing under the command of the naval-invasion expert Strategos Hasapis.
- Russian action: Kniaz Nestoras Manikis before engaging on the mission the have been tasked tells both his native and adopted compatriots the following " We fight today to help defend our friends and allies, and above all us to defend the holy church agianst the Heathens who dare to challenge the will of god himself. You have all been entrusted under my leadership by our Tsar. Let us make him proud and may god be with us. We ride my fellow Rus' and our part. Let us show the heathens the masters of the Steppes." to Which his men respond with a thunderous roar before they leave on their mission.
- Russian Action: upon hearing news of the disasters in syria and the likely collapse of the georgian forces, the 5,000 streltsy in Baghdad quietly withdraw fro mthe city's defences are move to Aleppo where it is heard that the Greeks and Russians are amassing to help in the defence of the city. They will integrate with the units already under the command of Nestoras Manikis who is fighting under the Roman banner. The Stretlsy many of home have some knowledge of construction form their time fighting in the steppes quickly join in the construction of makeshit fortifications to improve the defences of antoich and to reinforce the Roman infantry by provding them with more musketeers.
- Jungist Räterepublic of Thuringia: Thuringian politics in the early 1530s would be dominated by the prolific works of President Ingo Marx, who reigned from 1529 to 1533. As the centerpiece of the Tauferands, Marx called for greater action against Catholics, and in many ways was the primordial thought that helped birth the Second Blue Army toward the end of his tenure. Prior to his election, Marx had written an expansive treatise in Natural Law, which was inspired by the plight of the faithful oppressed in Catholic countries. He argued for the theory of natural law, in opposition to the divine right of absolute monarchy; the purported contract inherent between a monarch and the governed, he argued, was unethical. It was theorized that in the power vacuum that accompanied the fall of the Roman Empire and other powerful institutions, society had fearfully been coerced or accepted the rule of protectors to fill that void, a role that had been enlarged into the modern feudal structure, that would ultimately be progressively removed in order to return society to the autonomy God afforded people. He would argue many of these points through religious examples that ironically were similar to Catholic views in some cases, noting that, "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts, meanwhile, accusing or else excusing one another." Marx would be followed by Roger von Lautertal, a prominent noble and son of one of the original Conspirators. In the south Hugh the Heir would launch a complex plot against Bayreuth. He managed to seduce Catherine of the Palatinate and convince her that the Duke was conspiring against her son, a potential pretender. Catherine would be manipulated into poisoning her husband Lionel and then writing a secret letter to the Steward of Gerard that he had been poisoned by the Courtenays. The result would be a civil war orchestrated by Hugh between the Courtenays and the Gerards, that would eventually cost the lives of much of Bayreuth’s nobility. Ultimately Hugh would marry Catherine himself, giving himself rule over her lands, and then having her killed in a fake suicide plot. As regent for Elizabeth he emerged as a prominent negotiator in Bayreuth, albeit an untrusted one. By 1533 he had eliminated the Duke, allowing him to become regent, with ambitions to unite Bayreuth with his lands. This would not come to pass, as in late 1534 one of Hugh’s own sons shot him with a crossbow in his bedroom, his true motives never entirely known. Thus Henry IX had outlived his great rival, and set about undertaking a vision his grandfather had once dreamed of. Henry would dispatch soldiers to Saxony to help oust the Catholic Edmund in favor of the legitimate Duke. Having united the various Jungist allies of the region in a common war, the leaders of the Wolfenbund would declare the creation of the Union of Rätian Jungist Republics, as a loose confederacy of already allied, like minded nations. Roger von Lautertal would step down in order to allow for immediate elections for the union, while Martin Breuer succeeded Hugh prior to his death. In Oldenburg, the theocracy there fortified in preparation to defend against an inevitable Hanseatic attack, with numerous non-Catholics being attracted to the defense of the city. Peter Meise, however, had already left the region, perhaps seeing a vision of its conquest soon enough.
- Empire of Japan: As a result of the massive exploration efforts and trade fleets running around the Pacific, a trade ship runs into a small chain of islands. The islands are well charted making up for the debacle of losing the chain of islands years before which had been ostensibly claimed but lost as the sailors had either died or had conflicting reports of the location. These new islands (the Marianas) are claimed and a small group of sailors from the trade ship agree to set up an outpost on the island and chart them in to provide a report for the Admiralty in about six months. The main outpost is set up on the island named simply "Saipan" and the outpost is built on the island. The conquest of Samar island continues but the name "conquest" does not reflect the actions of the 3,000 strong force on the island which are effectively integrating and organizing the various native settlements. The conquest of Samar island represents a difference in how Northern Luzon was taken slowly over time with the territory to be integrated and taken quickly for the empire on Samar. Kaido Tanaka continues his charting of the ocean currents and his most recent voyage is met with object success. Instead of being pushed north as usual, the ship ends up far to the south by his reckoning. They are forced to push farther to the south after reaching a new coast a veritible paradise by Japanese standards with the beauty amazing the sailors. After a short landing (at OTL Eureka on the west coast) the ship pushes further south before running into an inlet which looks to lead to a massive collection of bays. This spot is marked and Kaido pushes for the long return voyage home. As they finally arrive after many harrowing months at sea (along the Pacific north equatorial current) they finally arrive at land, short of food, down nearly 50 men out of a crew of 150, and put to port in Manguinadao. After nearly three weeks rest Kaido returns home to Japan and goes to Kyoto to present his findings. He is lauded for his work and the Admiralty agrees that an audience with the Emperor is necessary. Emperor Kenshiro agrees to the audience with his son Jimmu in attendence and the findings of this new land are presented. Having been relatively uninterested in Arasakura due to its cold climate and lack of decent ability for settlement outside of a few choice locations, the discovery of a temperate non frozen climate is seen as attractive. It is agreed upon that the cities themselves do not have enough work for many Japanese and that the opening up of new lands for settlement not plagued by Mongol raids would be a highly attractive prospect to many. Kaido Tanaka is given a slice of territory in Manzhuguo for his efforts right next to the profitable city of Aimoi and is elevated to the status of Daimyo for his efforts, much to the shock of many. However, his passion for charting the seas is noted, and he is also given command of a Djong suited for long range expeditions to visit these lands further in service of the emperor and find a clear and decisive location for a first settlement in the new lands. He is given a period of ten years to formulate his plans and come back and present them. The final date of this is expected to occur is 1544 with a sail date of 1545. The long ideas of this are considered foolhardy but with the Emperors attention Kaido is able to secure roughly half of the initial funding for the expedition with him being required to come up with the other half of the funding himself.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. The Army sends 15,000 troops into krakow to invade it and sack all the cities taking everything they can. (Algo needed). With the recent prices dropping in Russia, our merchants buy in bulk quantities knowing they can sell them for the normal price to other nations. Merchants are so excited that trade is blooming up on our eastern side of our nation. With this we have a surplus of mostly food goods from Russia. With extra goods merchants sell the extra products westward for the same price as they are normally they are to them. This opportunity helps the merchants make more money then they ever see before. This also helps the economy sky rocket. We are in the time of a booming economy with trade flourishing everywhere we go.
- Hesse: Unknown to the Hessian government, there is a man within the region named Hans Gruber who founds a secret society, dedicated to removing the illegitimate regime that is the Papacy. Him and his accomplishes carefully hide barrels and barrels of gunpowder underneath the Gregorian Chapel, so that during the satanic witch circle that they call the “conclave”, that embarrassing affront to God can be obliterated, killing every last cardinal. A specially trained candle maker from Rome, who has been lighting candles in the chapel for years, is tasked with simply lighting a fuse as well, having been convinced to join the true side of history. (RNG request). Should the chapel be destroyed, Gruber and the Black Hand will claim responsibility for the attack and warn the Antichrist that for every year he refuses to disband the Papacy, the bombings will continue. Rome will be utterly destroyed should the occupation by the forces of Satan not end. Gruber points to the fact that God killed that disgusting beast that was Lucius IV, a man so devoid of morals and character, dedicated only to the killing of the innocent, and the drinking of their “blood” in the so-called eucharist. That thing was an abomination masquerading as a priest, manipulating and tricking and corrupting, and utterly destroying Christianity. For every year that so called “State” exists in Italy it is completely ruining the world with its nonsensical stories and parlor tricks, and spewing idiotic filth across Europe. It must be destroyed, Gruber states, for the good of the world. (More to come).
- Papal States: With the death of Pope Lucius IV, his Fisherman’s Ring is destroyed by Cardinal-Secretary Arsaell Martino Esturlungio. A mass is celebrated for the deceased pontiff soul and he is buried in the tomb made by Michelangelo at the Basilica of Saint John Lateran. The mass is celebrated by Cardinal Esturlungio, during the homily he refers to the deceased pontiff as a martyr, warns about the dangers of Protestantism, how the heretics were responsible by the death of the Holy Father and how the Jews were conniving with this nefarious action. This causes a series of attacks by the population against Jews. Members of the Spirituali faction make attempts to protect the Jews, but many are killed during the conflicts. The Commission studying Elizabeth Barton’s vison declares it as real. According with Barton in March 21, 1529, the eve of the feast of St. Benedict, she woke up after hearing the voice of a child calling her to the chapel, where she heard the Virgin Mary say to her: "God wishes to charge you with a mission. You will be contradicted, but do not fear; you will have the grace to do what is necessary. Tell your spiritual director all that passes within you. Times are evil in the world." Barton kept walking, thinking about what she just heard. Also according to her on November 27 of the same year, the Blessed Mother returned to her during evening meditations. She displayed herself inside an oval frame, standing upon a globe with rays of light coming out of her hands in the direction of a globe. Around the margin of the frame appeared the words "O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee." As Barton watched, the frame seemed to rotate, showing a circle of twelve stars, a large letter M surmounted by a cross. Elizabeth noticed that some of the rays of light did not reach the Earth and when she asked the Blessed Virgin, Mary said that those are the graces for which people forget to ask. The Benedictine nun then heard Mary ask her to take these images to her father confessor, telling him that they should be put on medallions. Mary said that all who wear them will receive great graces from Our Lord. The Commission presents their results to the bishops of England and will present them to the next pope after the Conclave. Michelangelo continues painting the fresco based in the Last Judgement in the altar wall of the Gregorian Chapel. The Basilica of Saint Peter continues to be rebuilt. The artist Galeazzo Rado continues painting the ceiling of the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano. The Gregorian Tower continues attracting several scholars of Saint Augustine’s University seeking to implement their understanding of the cosmos. The military and navy of the Papal States continues to be modernized and the walls of Rome continue to be fortified. Severino Vecera continues working in his book. The Jesuit Deodato Piacentino writes to the ruler of Austria asking to establish the Society of Jesus in this nation to help protect the Catholic faith against the Protestantism. [MOD response needed, please]. Another member of the Society of Jesus named Xavier Oñate writes to the Swiss Confederacy asking to establish his Order there. [MOD response needed, please]. Francesco Asburgo Della Rovere dies this year and is replaced by his Federico as Lord of Poggio Miterto. Francesco is buried in the Mausoleum of the Asburgo in Poggio Miterto. Fearing another attack by the Protestants, Cardinal-Secretary Esturlungio orders that the security of the Conclave be doubled. Several soldiers are placed guarding the Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere, the place where the Conclave is happening. While the cardinals are in the Conclave, the people pray for the future of the Church.
- Republic of Ancona: The modernization of the Republic’s navy continues. The Jesuits continue preaching in the Republic. The death of Pope Lucius IV is mourned by the people of Ancona. After the words about the homily of Cardinal Esturlungio against Protestants and Jews reaches the Republic, the population attacks Jews and New Christians. The Republic’s militia tries to control these attacks. Like the College of Cardinals, the Elders are also split between Zelanti and Spirituali. Henry (or Enrico) Asburgo Della Rovere is the leader of the Zelanti faction, while Gioberto Matarazzo is the leader of the Spirituali. Henry Asburgo and his family travel to Poggio Miterto to participate of the funeral of Henry's uncle, Francesco. In their return, they visit Rome to pay homage in the name of the Republic of Ancona to the new pope.
- Bohemia: In order to maintain peace in eastern Europe, the Emperor negotiates a treaty between himself, Livonia, and Poland. Poland will be allowed free access to the port of Riga and be allowed to station naval forces there, in exchange for remaining allied with Livonia and Bohemia with the three agreeing to non-aggression with each other, and with Poland making no further claim to Livonia
- Polish Diplomacy: Thank you.
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania: The king of Poland decided to annex Slovakia, and take the title King of Slovakia. The king also wants to buy the lands of Moldavia in the east of Southern Bug. Moldavian player response needed. Because its land grew, its population grew, and the size of the military grew. It also wants to give Livonia the opportunity to be part of the Commonwealth. (Mod response needed.) Its economy is still rising. It started building navy. It wants alliance with Rus' Tsardom. (Russian player response needed.)
- Moldavian Diplomacy: We decline the offer to sell our lands east of the Southern Bug.
- Livonian Diplomacy: We decline the offer.
- Russian Diplomacy: Dimitry II sends an offer to Poland offering the king of Poland a deal where the Rus', and Poles will recognize each other's territories and to begin opening up trade.
- Poland Diplomacy: Okay, fine. But you should accept my alliance request, too.
- Majapahit Empire: The Majapahit enters an age of peace and prosperity as trade continues to flourish with the westerns. Seeing an opportunity to preserve an hier for the long lasting empire, Trag Pi, the handsome and seductive man he is offers the Raja of Bali to marry one of his daughters or sisters, to endure our peace between the two nations [Moderator response, please] the aristocracy and the warriors class soldiers are granted land in the newly Conquered Sultanate of Lampung, granting them agricultural land in the place in the peace time, knowing that. They will not hesitate to show up in war if recalled, some peasant class shall be also granted land in the newly Conquered area. The repairs of Blambgan's irrigation systems and rice terraces have came into an end, production of rice is boosted now that new rice terraces and being used as well as a source of income and a source of food to sustain the energy and help to increase the growth rate. Timber and Lumber wood cutting are still taking place to be used and sold to increase our treasury. Due to the fact that Majapahit is no longer at war, Pi announces that the maintenance of the soldiers are being lowered as they are already granted land and granted a farming life and that is to increase the budget of the government to finance more projects with the Port in Powu finnaly constructed Majapahit send Adji Supandi 2,000 soldiers and more provisions on Tens of Djrongs in order to increase the security of the outpost. With the outpost ten years old, Adji Supandi is given order to expand. He would expand west in the direction of the non-mountainous region of western Sulawesi that is also linked with a river. 1,000 settlers more are being sent to Powu outpost to begin the process of settling the western land, first an exploration shall be made to see the right place to begin building a settlement there, after that settlers in river Djrongs will go out and settle the area as provisions and building materials shall be supplied by river as well. Creating a second interior non-coastal city Called Grujta. At first the population will be only in the hundreds but that's just fine. A system of agricultural sectors will be conducted there to provide a secondary source of food by the river fertiled farm land. Now Powu is regarded as a province of Majapahit with the governor being Adji Supandi, and the colony is being renamed to Bandar Supandi (Coming from the name of Adji Supandi) with the big port finnaly finnalise it construction this gives an opportunity to deck more merchant and cargo Djrongs to import more cheap Spice that the indigeous people sells us with more goods to be imported back to Java and Bali and Madura and Lampung and the two Mahayardas as the Mahayarda of Sebuirto has been regarded as a Majapahit province with the Yarda agreeing. The methods on separating the Muslims in Demak from revolting once again is paying off with them being mentioned in the previous years. Prosperity in Majapahit is at its finest.
- Mahayarda of Timor: Urbanization process begins with Pambri reaching 50,700 residents. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well. The trade with the Portuguese becomes more intensive.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha Archipelago: The population reaches 7,800. The archipelago is doing fine.
- Balian Response: Seeking peace, the Raja agrees.
- kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": With instability rising in Lotharingia colonial companies such as the Wagenaar famyljebedriuw, Vrye Oostindië compagnie and the Rotterdamsche Handels Compagnie seeing big increases of setlers. This increase being due to some men preferring to begin a new life away from any instability and prosecution and punishment of faith. Most of those fleeing being some small Wagnerites communities in Flanders and Utrecht and mostly Catholics fearing the New belgian church and her reprisals as the United belgian church and even possible other more conservative Catholics and the papacy. The fear being that the papacy will punish those who desire reform or even mutual existance, as the papacy and William the Silent still hold strong sway over Lotharingia and Antwerp. But with the merchant class only paying lipservice to William the Silent. Thus They in partial agreement with the conpanies such as the RHC willing to to allow for a new colony in Either Merida or Ruysch, the RHC Prefering to put these colonists in their own comunity as to prevent causing any trouble. Thus the Leeuwarden Islands will be chosen as the location is far away from other colonies while being still close enough to the rest of the RHC colonies to be supplied and be easy for those needing a new home far away to go to. 480 Catholics and other religious people thus set sail on RHC ships on their way. The islands being chosen as they were of minor importance to other people in the surrounding area and had enough of a native population to convert to Catholicism and use as a labour force. Thus the first houses and churches are build made out of mostly wood, the church being seen as very important and Thus called Onze lieve vrouw kerk. The first setlers trying to be nice to the natives as they both outnumber them and know their small islands better then them.While In Kebeck the colony slowly begins to expand northwestward as more coast is desired as to allow for more fishing, the Kebeckanen trying to get more of the coast and gain more ground for hunting, grazing and for wood. As wood in these northern regions are needed more as no significant deposits of coal have yet been found in Kebeck and the surrounding area. Logcutting and forest burning to free up space and get more logs, some of the space being used for small farms and with sprouts being introduced just a year before. Sprouts having the ability to grow in extremely cold climate and even getting tastier after frost has happend, sprouts also being easy to growing due to the low area they need for growing. Sprouts and Herring thus becoming a staple of Kubeckaans life, with a lot of pickled herring being send to Europe as it is liked by many in Scandinavia, England and Belgia. While in Herdersvlakte with the population slowly increasing effective control grows along the coast up to the Goudstroom. The land up to the Goudstroom having less problems the inland of Herdersvlakte with nomads and their attacks which happen once in a while, although with disease coming to these people the attacks do become less frequent and violent. While in Belgia with Juliaen Dekremer preparing his army and his ships, he onces more calls on moderate Catholics and reformists to surrender and desert their cause. The generaal-admiraal promising that all who surrender peacefully will be allowed to follow their religion and even possible send member to the Belgian church councils. With the news of Juliaen Dekremer's building of forces the local garrison in Bonen and Calais Both declare themself loyal to the Generaal-admiraal, as they used to be under his command. The Generaal-admiraal mostly preparing his soldiers by buying new cannons and repairing infrastruction dammaged by rebels and locals alike. The construction of the Saint Rombolds cathedral even having to be stopped out of fear that it will be otherwise targetted by both Catholics and Belgists.
Oman: Oman, seeing the rise of the Caliphate, would fear for its trading power as the Abbasid Caliphate may ruin their trade power in the Middle East and the Indian Ocean. Oman would also increase its military and order conscription to all men 17 to 48. This is to allow Oman power continues and to protect itself from the caliphate.
- Oman got invaded and annexed by the Caliphate a few years ago.
- Abbasid Caliphate: After success is seen in defeating the Georgian Army at Lebanon, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman remains humbled by the experience, although himself seeing close to death a few times so far in this war. Regardless, the occupation of the Lebanon is taking in stride as Hammana is used as a waypoint for messengers and operating as a temporarily military camp in the campaign so as to not order a full retreat to Damascus. Granting additional power to the Ulema as a means of aiding in the supplying of new recruits and supplies, an additional bulk of recruits numbering 60,000 arrive in Hammana, as well as the 11,000 Moroccans. Realizing that the Byzantine Empire will likely encroach on the Caliphate's success by aiding Georgia, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman prepares for full occupation of Syria this year. A force of 30,000 are sent to Homs, linking up with the forces there and, under General Abdel Baqer Al-Najdi, will lead an assault on Aleppo. [Algo Needed]. Using the same lines of transportation provided, a small army of 3,000 will be sent through Homs to occupy the city of Ar Raqqah while a smaller army of 3,000 will lead an attack on Antakya, primarily as a distraction from any oncoming Byzantine or Georgian reinforcements to Beirut. [Algo Needed]. After the capture of Tartus and Tripoli, small garissons are established while the primary armies, along with an additional 5,000 reinforcements, totalling 8,000, will attack the primary supply city of Latakia, in an effort to crush Georgian supply lines across Syria completely. [Algo Needed]. Meanwhile, the primary force in the Levant, totalling roughly 50,000, will surround the city of Beirut among the mountain top. Before the battle commences, however, a small messenger is sent to the gates of Beirut, pleading that the lives of the levies of the Empire of Georgia should not die in vain, and that simply surrendering the city and themselves will grant them passage back into the homeland following the end of the jihad. If the messenger's pleading fail, then Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman will lead the assault to put the nail in the coffin on Georgian Syria, holding no mercy and taking no prisoners. [Mod/Algo Needed]. Meanwhile, the coalescing of Sunni Muslims across Mesopotamia to Basrah to aid in the fight for liberation under God allows for the Knights at Basrah to hold about 26,000 men. With the arrival of Emran ibn Mohammad Ahl al-Baghdadi from Syria during this year, the army is divided into a primary regiment of 17,000 and smaller legions of 3,000 each. The 17,000 primary force, under the command of Emran al-Baghdadi, led an assault on the city of Najaf while the smaller legions attack Ahvaz, Amarah, and Kut. [Algo Needed].
- Kingdom of France: It has now been several years since the previous conflict with Vinland, with France having
fully recoveredin that time. An expansive fort exists on St. Pierre, and another on Hytholoday, followed by three more across Vinland. The nation decides to send its support for the movement ongoing in Lotharingia, and an army is dispatched under Hytholoday to capture the Upper France region, and if Amiens is owned by Lotharingia that city is to also be captured, while if it is owned by Arles then it won’t be attacked, in order to support the opposition movement against the current Lotharingian King, and this the French forces are in support of that movement. This is done in the name of the rebels who are against the current king. Elsewhere soldiers also garrison the coast of France, particularly the north, and the border with Spain, and in the east near Burgundy. Elsewhere King John II of France raises soldiers in the east of France.
- Fully recovered is a bit premature given the economic fallout and the plague. On your way to a good recovery sounds about right. -Feud
- Celtic Confederacy: With the attacks on the Scottish descended people in Ulster by MacDonells and few remaining O’Neill, a stern response is required. Although their initial attacks surprise many, they are quickly repulsed by the garrison stationed in the region. After many years of intermarriage and assimilation, most of the Scottish settlers are indistinguishable from their Irish neighbors, and many innocent Irishmen are killed in the process of trying to kill the settler, many of whom are partially Irish themselves. This prompts a quick response from the Irish authorities, who collectively raise 6,000 troops from the other parts of Ireland to combat them, carefully avoiding raising any Scottish troops so as to show this as a clear police action by the lawful authorities in the name of the king, and not an action of a foreign tyrant. These men are sent to fight in the regions of Ulster facing raids. This results in a pitched battle in the Glenveagh region, which is won by the government forces. However, the rebel forces are able to retreat to their domains and fortify them, ceasing further attacks for now wel the government forces gather their strength for an attack on these lands. Meanwhile, rumors of the return of a radical protestant reformer by the name of Aloysius Wilde returning to Ireland spark alarm throughout the nation, with the Irish Inquisiton (mostly run by Irishmen and independent of the Scottish Inquisiton, though linked to it), cracking down hard on any religious dissenters. Nonetheless, the man still manages to get through, and begins preaching in Connaught, atttempting it appeal to his former countrymen and soon gathering a small congregation. When this is discovered it causes severe alarm among the countries nobility and clergy who, despite their many differences with their king, are terrified of the kind of radical republicanism that is advocated for by the majority of German Protestants and fear it spreading to Ireland, knowing it would result in the loss of their own privileges and wealth at the hands of the peasant rabble. This ironically brings them closer to Scotland, as crown prince Kenneth, the true power behind the throne for his dying father, expresses a willingness to decrease taxes and forgive the debts of those Irish lords who can prove their loyalty and suppress dissent properly. These economic incentives, alongside their own fear of the republican sentiments expressed by the Jungists and many of their own sincere faith, leads to a severe crackdown on any and all forms of Religious dissent. This quickly drives the Presbyterian movement underground, and forces Aloysius Wilde to go into hiding and end his open preaching, with many Protestants being brutally killed during this period. However, near the end of the year, Scotland steps in and offers an out to the remaining Protestants, offering to allow clemency for those who leave the country and payment for their transport to a protestant country, well staying that those who refuse will be met with even Harsher persecution. (Mod response needed). Meanwhile, the monastic influence of the Ionian order continues to spread in Ireland, with many more monestaries continuing to be constructed to study the Catholic faith, distribute works of charity, and fight the heresy, with many continuing to become centers of learning for local communities, where poor Irish families can send their sons to be educated, opening up a small path of advancement for many. However, it relies firmly on the students being Catholic, with the monasteries being closed to all heretics and heathens, and this serves to keep many who otherwise might have been susceptible to the Protestants message to reject it in favour of the chance for a better life for their sons. Finally, a small number of Ionian monks in several monasteries throughout Ireland and Scotland begin writing out a fully Catholic Irish translation of the Bible, despite its usual restriction to purely Latin. Although this is initially seen with horror, many soon see the potential usefulness of it in taking away one of the Protestants main advantages, with even Joseph of Iona himself getting in on it, despite his Zelanti sympathies, and composing a personal letter to his personal friend and the leader of the Zelanti, who he believes will be the next pope, Arsaell Martino Esturlungio, arguing that it is a necessary evil to combat Protestantism in this particular situation and asking his special permission for a direct translation from the Latin version in this one case. (PAPAL RESPONSE NEEDED).
- Several hundred families agree to leave, but many refuse on the grounds that to leave would be to fail God's tests for them and their families.
- Kingdom of England: As Cornwall has been successfully re-incorporated into England and a settlement has been reached with Scotland, most of the English soldiers leave Cornwall, with a few remaining to continue improving the fortifications of Truro. To help cement the peace, King Henry VIII of England offers to arrange for Dorothy of York (b. 1506), the daughter of his brother Thomas of York, 1st Earl of Hereford, to be married to King Llywelyn of Wales (b. 1496). (Celtic response) He also continues to propose for his own daughter Ursula of York (b. 1507) to be married to King Lucas II of Arles's son Louis II (b. 1514). (Arles response) Some of the English soldiers returning from Cornwall work on improving the fortifications around the boundaries of London, including starting the building of modern curtain walls. Since the late James Tuchet, 1st Earl of Essex had ties to Cornwall, King Henry VIII decides to, instead of making the Dukedom of Cornwall a courtesy title for monarchs' sons again (in which purpose it has been superseded by the Dukedom of Middlesex), elevate John Tuchet, 2nd Earl of Essex to be the 1st Duke of Cornwall. Because of the distance between Cornwall and Essex, Tuchet decides that upon his death the Dukedom of Cornwall and Earldom of Essex will be split by gavelkind between his two sons, James and Frederick. As King Henry VIII is returning from Cornwall to London, however, he falls ill, and he largely withdraws to the royal palace upon his return to London. The English Parliament this year focuses on the improvement of roads between cities in southeastern England, in order to foster greater inter-city trade and boost the English economy as it continues to recover from the economic pressures of the recent conflicts and the plague outbreak. Shipbuilding for the royal navy continues at the dry docks of Bristol and Portsmouth, and also resumes at several ports in Kent and Essex where boatbuilding had been taking place prior to the most recent dynastic conflicts. The news that Pope Lucius IV has died from wounds incurred in the Jungist attack greatly upsets the English clergy, and several bishops start appealing to the English Parliament to send English soldiers to Italy to help protect the Papal States. The Parliament has numerous debates about this proposal, and they do not reach a conclusion yet before the end of the year. Frederick Tuchet (b. 1513), the second son of John Tuchet, the new 1st Duke of Cornwall, marries Mary Borgburg (b. 1513), daughter of the Italian immigrants in Hampshire, Raffaella of Habsburg and Gioffre Borgia. In Dorchester, Henrietta Grey, 4th Marchioness of Dorset and Eberhard II von Lenzburg have their third child, a daughter named Catherine (b. 1534). However, the family also suffers a tragedy when Eberhard's aunt, the unmarried Ida von Lenzburg (1472-1534) falls ill and dies while visiting England to see the newborn child. Later in the year, James Tuchet and Mary Percy have their first child, a daughter named Margaret (b. 1534); Reginald Courtenay and Anne Boleyn have their third child, a son named Henry (b. 1534); and Philip Courtenay, 3rd Earl of Bristol and Catherine Grey have their second child, a son named George (b. 1534).
- Kingdom of Arles-Burgundy: The marriage proposal from the Kingdom of England is accepted, in which King Henry VIII's daughter Ursula of York (b. 1507) is married to Lucas II's son Louis II (b. 1514). The nation of Arles claims Amiens and the northern territories within the Duchy of Burgundy, reiterating that in the earlier treaty they never sold those particular territories, only the Artois region. Fortifications are built in these territories, with men being dispatched to defend this region, should the Kingdom of Lotharingia attack.
- Hanseatic League: This is the 6th full year of Peter Burkhart's (b. 1499) reign. He has a younger sister, Josephine Burkhart (b. 1502), married to Adolf Welling of Hamburg (b. 1496); a younger brother, Henry Burkhart (b. 1512) who is married to Zillah of Hesse (b. 1514); a younger sister, Matilda Burkhart (b. 1514) who is married to Henry de la Mark; and a younger brother, Jacob Burkhart (b. 1519), who is not currently betrothed. Should Peter Burkhart pass away, an election will take place in Lübeck to determine the next Grand Mayor. Though the Burkhart family has run the League in a way resembling feudal lords, Henry Burkhart has yet to prove himself and Jacob would almost certainly not be elected, as he is only 14. A wave of arrests in Münster and Oldenburg takes place early this year, with many of the ringleaders of the Jungist movements being tried and executed. In Münster, entire congregations are arrested, with priests and leading men being executed while other members of the congregation oftentimes being locked away. Of course, this rash decision does not last long, as the jails are quickly filled, forcing Münster to release many Jungists. Münster's civic government calls a vote to outlaw Starkites in the city. Despite the recent troubles, it fails to pass, as many of the members of the city council are themselves Starkites. The way Oldenburg is handled is a little different. As Oldenburg is not a legal member of the Hanseatic League, the Hansa cannot use its armies to search for members of the Second Blue Army. Though most of the ringleaders are executed, much of the Second Blue Army seems to have dispersed during and after the fighting. The Hanseatic League sends a request to Thuringia that those who participated in the Second Blue Army be prosecuted. Meanwhile, Oldenburg itself has been saved from the marauding armies from the south. Oldenburg is offered a place in the League as a legal member of the Hansa. (MOD RNG). Mary Griefswold passes away this year, leading to a year of mourning for Peter Burkhart. It is around this time rumors involving a scandal with Catherine Guelph begin to surface. Stories of the sexual intrigue that often happens during parties held by the secretive Society of the Compass are often fabrications, though these rumors exist for a reason. Despite the scandals, he begins searching for a new wife. This year, Peter Burkhart seems to fall into a deep depression, largely due to the loss of his wife. This depression is interrupted by rare bouts of jovial mania. He delves into the esoteric ways of Starkite philosophy and steganography. Those close to him are worried, wondering if this is simply some kind of madness brought on by grief or something worse. Regardless of the mental state of the Grand Mayor, the Tagfahrt is somewhat more fruitful this year due to the lowered prices of timber from Russia. Even the poorest shipwrights see benefits from such a boom, yet the master artisan shipwrights take this opportunity to craft magnificent flagships for the Hanseatic League. These carracks are built with ornate frescoes, carvings, and other attentions to detail that truly illustrate the mastery of Hansa's craftsmen. As the Hansa pays attention to form, so too, does it pay attention to function. By this point, the Hanseatic League is beginning to build carracks with extended decks and lowered forecastles, effectively creating a divergent design known as the galleon. Not only does this allow for the ship to remain stable in choppier waters, it allows for a faster and more maneuverable ship. The extended hull also allows for the ship to carry more tonnage, be it cargo or cannons. Though many are built as warships, others are never intended to hold weapons. Similar to the fluyt, these ships begin to populate Hanseatic shipping lanes more and more. Oftentimes, the trademark convoys of Hanseatic ships are escorted by the galleass (Megagaleere, lit. big galley). This boosting of Hansa's already considerable navy pushes the number of ships held by the Hansa to the 310 mark, though many warships are also decommissioned and scrapped due to their age. With the acquisition of Cabo Amarillo, many colonists from the Old World arrive in the Outer Banks. While Cabo Amarillo is in a prime defensive location, it is on a barrier island that cannot hold a large population. The colonists settle at the base of the Cape Fear River, at OTL Wilmington. The settlement is named New Hanover. Though Spanish maps are used, the colonists quickly begin using their own names for regions in OTL North Carolina. They make contact with the Algonquin-speaking people of the region; the Outer and Inner Banks are populated largely by Algonquin-speakers while inner North Carolina is populated largely by the Catawba. The League intends to use the large expanse of North Meridia as a farm for the German peoples, though it also intends to act as a middle-man for trade between the timber-producing Vinland and the West Indies. There is also something of a religious interest in the land across the sea, as Starkists see this a prime opportunity to understand the Earth God made. Lastly, it intends to carve out a vast empire similar to that of the Spanish Empire for the Holy Roman Empire. The Hanseatic Colony of Carolingia is founded, encompassing much of the Outer and Inner Banks of the League. Settlements quickly begin to appear at Roanoke Island (which retains its indigenous name) as well as at Cabo Amarillo itself.
After the Battle of Glenveagh, the FitzGeralds of Desmond rise in rebellion alongside Ulster, citing irretreivable differences between themselves and those they consider "Scottish lapdogs". These two forces ally with each other attempting to rally more Irish noble families disenfranchised during the original Scottish assumption of union decades prior. This leaves a core body of Irish nobles who have benefitted greatly from colloborating with Scotland facing off against those who were scorned. Wilde's religious preaching becomes a popular underpinning to this rebellious movement (NB: Wilde isn't republican nor radical and is highly disimilar from the Thuringian movements, instead basing his doctrine off the OTL Reformed tradition).
Papal Guardsmen notice the strange arrival of several wagons of gunpowder in Rome and uncover a dastardly plot to blow up the papal conclave by a candlemaker. The conspirators are caught with incriminating documents and correspondence. The trail leads directly back to a conspiracy in Hesse led by Hans Gruber. Whether it was sponsored by the government or not, many are outraged by the event and calls emerge from around the Catholic world for Hesse to persecute the group and allow Papal inquisitors or even a crusade against Hesse and its Jungist allies which "have so blatantly declared themselves for Satan."
With Europeans arriving in Meridia, two plants have been introduced with in Spanish and Hanseatic lands. The Banana becomes known on their West Indies islands. The banana often being used together with some booze. Bananas are known to be extremely difficult to grow in colder climates.
Arsæll Esturlungio is elected Pope at the papal conclave and takes the papal name Francis I in honour of Saint Francis of Assisi. The new Pope is noted as having been a member of the Zelanti faction of the College of Cardinals, favouring harsher action against heretics.
As the Abbasid Caliphate stages its invasion into Syria and Iraq, numerous cities in the region with a majority Muslim population are compelled to rise in rebellion in support of the Caliphate. This causes Georgia's army to experience sabotage and interference with their supply lines, as some 15,000 Muslim rebels rise up scattered across the region. The majority are not professional soldiers, nor are they well organized, but they nonetheless inflict harm on the defending army.
Alqas Mirza having not generally been supportive of his brother Tahmasp's campaign hears about his death and is enraged. As the battered survivors of the battle of Rasht encamp to lick their wounds, they are met by nearly 50,000 troops led by many of Tahmasp's brothers. Seeking vengeance on the Georgians he offers a direct alliance with the Abbasids saying "Shia, Sunni, it does not matter, today we kill infidels".
In Rome, Peter III, titular Count of Geneva (1468-1535) dies of natural causes, and his son William V (b. 1502) succeeds him as titular Count.
In Iceland, Anna Sturlungur (1480-1535), an unmarried aunt of King Henry of Iceland, dies of a disease.
- Kingdom of Dagon: The quick capitulation of Ava astounds many in the court of Dagon who are quick to proclaim the young Tabinschwenti a capable leader and commander of men. To press the war effort, Tabinschwenti opts to declare war against Manipur advancing with an army of 20,000 bolstered by the levies from the recently conquered Ava Kingdom to address the Kingdom's alleged transgressions against Kale, under Nattani Chaiprasit with Ye Htut as his vice commander, with the intent to subjugate it with an offer made for it to surrender or die. (Mod Response). The army is to advance toward the city of Imphal and engage any resistance encountered before surrounding the city and putting it under siege with cannons and siege weapons. (Algo Needed, note: Only if they don't surrender). The acquisition of Ava leaves much for Tabinschwenti to resolve in particular with regards to the Shan cities of the northern areas such as Mohnyin which is garrisoned b a force from the Capital Defense Corps formerly of Ayutthaya so as to not shift assets way from other cities that need them. Patrols are also conducted across the region to pacify shan raiders to protect the people, wats, and monks from the Shan raiders. Japanese educated administrators are also shifted into the cities of Ava to secure Dagon's authority and ensure their integration into the Kingdom as a whole. Dai Viet's attempts to ally with the Chinese vassal of Hsenwi leaves no mysteries as to their intent with the common belief being the prevention of Dagon's rise. Although, many are reluctant to fulfill Dai Viet's request for the search of their princess, Tabinschwenti organizes a search for Princess Ngọc Hoa. (Mod Reponse, note: RNG for her fate). If the Princess is found she will be returned to Dai Viet on the guarantee and oath on their honor and anything else they hold dear publically that Princess Ngọc Hoa's position as Queen consort will not be used by Dai Viet as a claim to Ava down the line. (Dai Viet Response). With the Empire expanding, the resources from all corners continue to be poured into the construction of Dagon as it is the prize seat of the Tabinschwenti.
- Tsardom of Russia: Following the news of disaster in southern Syria and after a furious exchange of letters between Dimitry II and his son who is Constantinople, and an exchange with King Nathan of Georgia, Tsar Dimitry the Great after a long meeting of the Duma announces his intentions to personally lrad a relief force to assit the Georgian Empire in the withdrawal of Chritsians and ofthe wealth from the Mesopatamia and to protect Tabriz the capital of The Georgian Empire and to protect the bastion of Christiendom in the East. The Patriarch of Novgorod proclaims that this is the will and the last great mission of God for Tsar Dimitry II Defender of the Faith, Conquerer of the Steppes, and great unifier of the Rus. Tsar Dimitry II makes some last minute changes to his plans and sends a contingent of his veteran Varyag, and Streltsy numbering some 10,000 men along with Russian sappers (military engineers) to reinforce Kniaz Konstantin and Tsar Andronokis IV in Aleppo and Antioch, with 10,000 gonig to each city respectively, and the Russian troops and sappers will use their experience of fighting against the mobile steppe nomads in their fights against the forces of the Caliphate building up in very rapid form wooden reinforced Dugouts for Russian and Greek Infantry and digging cavalry ditches to reinforce the Greek works to the wall The Veteran Russian heavy Infantry will continue to fire and pull back only at the last minute to inflict maximum casualties on thw Abbasids, they Also decide to rig these earthworks with gunpowder that they will light upon pulling out or upon being overcome by the Caliphate's forces (to be added to the Roman numbers and tactics). Meanwhile, Tsar Dimitry musters an army of 35,000 Cavalry made up of 15,000 of his veteran heavy cavalry modelled after the Greeks own heavy cavalry during the long Rus' Civil war and fighting on the steppes, and 20,000 Cossacks and Qasim raiders acting as light cavalry whose task will be to act as scouts and skirmishers shadowing the Georgian forces at Tabriz the capital of the Georgian Empire. There they shall await for the best time to flank the Persian forces that would seek to sack and burn the lands of Georgia. Once the Persian army has been drawn into a full scale battle in Tabriz the Russian cavalry lead by Tsar Dimitry II will act as the hammer hitting the anvil to encircle and crush the Persians. The Cossacks and Qasim raiders will be used on the flanks to prevent any enemy outmaneuvering while Dimitry's fearsome Heavy cavalry will charge to break the enemy lines once his forces manage to outflank the enemy, and Should it seem that the City will fall Dimitry II will rally the Russo-Georgian Forces to withdraw from the region in a fighting withdrawal taking advantage of Georgian musketeers and artillary to support him in this endeavour. (algo required for the defence of Tabriz). A request is made to the Circassians to hire 5,000 light cavalry to assist in thsi campaign promising them wealth and Honour above all else by helping in the protection of their Orthodox brothers (mod response). As he leads his troops into what may be his final camapaign Dimitry II ponders on all of his life achievements finishing the work of his father to unite the Rus', bringing the decaying confederate structure of the Old Rus' Prncipalities and bringing his fellow Rus' into a new age of Glory, he realizes that he wishes to see his beloved Tsarina Sophia and his children and grandchildren. Dimitry II, however, has come to the realization that for all of his accomplishments he has taken the lifes of many of his enemies as well as of his own kin for the sake of power and glory. Now at the age of 52 The aging Tsar desires to carryo ut this final military campaign to attone for his sins and so that god may smile upon his kin and his people in the ages to come.
- Jungist Räterepublic of Thuringia: The elections of September 1534 would be the first of the Union of Rätian Jungist Republics, in which representatives from both Thuringia and Saxony selected a president. Their selection would be Theoderic Rood, a reformer and deputy bishop from Saxony who had worked closely with Gustav Jung. His government ushered in the so-called Theologian’s Government, as politics became headed by all famous reformers, notably Rood and Martin Breuer. The sudden death of Hugh the Heir caused chaos in his little empire. His eldest son Gedeon was secure in his position as Duke of Thuringia, while his brothers debated the remaining territories that Hugh had loosely united. However, Henry IX would oversee all these territories being loosely united into a Räterepublic, known as Franconia. After the fall of Munster and Oldenburg, many of the radicals of that region flee back to Thuringia, although many of the leaders appear to go into hiding in Finland or elsewhere. The call from the Hanseatic League to capture and execute those responsible for the attack sparks debate. The more conservative within the nation argue that it is the state’s duty to execute the Emperor’s justice in prosecuting those who broke the peace. However, others within government argue that it would be a slippery slope to try to prosecute people for the act, an act not committed in or against Thuringia, an act that cannot be readily proven and prevented into turning into a witch hunt, and an act demanded by the notably Catholic Hansa. The most radical among the government even argue that the attackers were in fact heroes, not criminals; they were independent people who rose up against tyranny in fulfillment of Jung’s vision, they reckon. Ultimately it is Benedikt Nietzche, the famed statesman of the Supreme Ratia, who gives an impassioned speech saying that Thuringia will not hunt down the Hansa’s alleged criminals. Nonetheless, multiple cases are brought before court in Thuringia, in which known wrongdoers during the affair, especially those who profited of the endeavor or had malicious intentions that both sides would find detestable, or those whose fanaticism against Oldenburg is spilling over into a threat against the Thuringian government, are tried and punished, but beyond that, the government does not actively seek out all those involved. Among those adamant about bringing as many people to justice as possible, and for expanding the government’s reach to persecute those responsible, is Representative Oskar Bothmer of Molsdorf. He travels to the Hansa in person at the head of a party of envoys, bringing the head of one famed leader of the revolt personally to Lubeck, in the hopes that his genuine display of zeal toward the Hansa’s goals will endear them away from souring relations with his home country. The alleged assassination attempt against the Pope brought the so-called Black Hand organization into the spotlight, which became a point for debate. The Thuringian government by and large condemned the attempt to murder him, srtressing that Jung had been against violence, and that wanton murder against the pope instead of a fair trial was at best vigiliantism and was misguided. As such the government urged Hesse to aid in hunting the Black Hand organization, as such a thing threatened the stability and safety of Hesse as much as it threatened the Pope. On the other hand, many were also quickly to point out that Jung was in fact murdered as well, with one of the leading theories at the time being he had been murdered by the Pope. As such, there are some in government who believe the death of the Pope was merely retribution for violence that they started. Additionally, the propaganda issued by the Papacy regarding calling Jungists in league with Satan certainly hardens people’s resolve and only turns them more furious at the other tribe.
- Vinland: Anger against the French reaches a fever pitch. This year, the 45-year-old Prince Eric Kuis authorizes a rebellion against the French forces in the land. Vinlanders who have been secretly stockpiling weapons are given the order to rebel for the freedom of their homeland. Eric Kuis leads a force of men to the nearest French fort with the goal of butchering every last Frenchman. He orders the armed men of every village and settlement to do the same. The eventual goal being to annihilate the French presence in the region and ensure they stay out for decades to come. He sends requests of help to the Celts, Iceland, Spain, and Portugal (Response needed). He also appeals to his countrymen in Vestelfrland and Esgigeland and Unamaland.
- Spanish Diplomacy: In the interest of hurting our main rival, we send 2,000 Spanish Volunteers to fight in Vinland and assist the rebels. (Orlando asked me to post this for him, as he forgot to put it in his turn).
- Vestelfrland/Kanada: Men are sent to aide the mainlanders fight the French.
- Esgigeland and Unamaland: Men are sent to aide the fight against the French.
- Kingdom of France: The sudden act of aggression from Vinland is disheartening, and France defends itself from the random attack. The various forts across Vinland and nearby defend themselves from attack, while an additional force is dispatched to Vinland from France. These forces fortify their position and prepare to counter the Vinland invasion. (More to come).
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania: The population is still growing because the amount of food has grown. It also wants marriage alliance with Kingdom of Denmark-Norway (Mod response needed). The nation also got wealthier after it began to use the ports in Livonia. With the growing wealth, the nation decided to make more powerful weapons. The nation also built more fortifications around the nation. The king visited the newly conquered areas himself.
- Mali Empire: Mansa Musa III is often portrayed by historians as an imposing personality, a zealous supporter of the Yunni faith, and the central figure that supported a strong, centralized imperial government. However, this assessment is largely drawn on his administrative actions, both in his religious, political and foreign policies. Anecdotes about him in person, in contrast, are far more quiet and unassuming, and often highlight Musa's personal love of literature and astronomy. Although no extent writings from the Mansa have survived, he is described as spending many days in the observatory of Timbuktu and Sankour. Musa's family consisted of two wives, with two sons (Uli and Simba) and three daughters (Zuhur, Zaynab, and Sara). The state of affairs for the empire, however, was becoming far more tenuous. The Maktab Al-Qudds from the Morikanda branch of the Gbara heavily enforced Musa's religious goals across the empire, imposing restrictions on the Sahwari Christianity and the local Sunni believers. Foreign relations with the Bornu Empire became more strained for this reason, as the Kanem ruler still harbored the influential Prince Ayyob Sefawa. Communication across the eastern territories was further strained due to the ongoing religious and ethnic violence in the far east. It was around this time that the Mansa began to issue a regular declaration from the throne to the Gbara, which had been an unofficial tradition since the time of Musa I, but now was much more standard. Life in the western territories, by contrast, enjoyed a life of leisure and sensuality. Football by this point had become a staple of local culture across Waalo and Macina, and no team received as much praise and honor as Khalil Yorobanda. He beat the legendary, unbeatable team of Uster for the Swiss Kingdom competition, and in the process learned many important lessons about football and life in general. Khalil himself never fully understand how they were able to win in the end, but his sister Maha assured that it is of no significant consequence. Arnold, the Almost-Omnivorous remained in Switzerland to be the new captain of the team to succeed Khalil, and continued to lead their efforts in Germany ever since. Maha returned to Mali with Khalil, but in later years would return back to Switzerland to remain with Arnold. As for Yahya Mamamoo, the great philosopher, he continued in Germany a few months to understand the points of Jungism and other modern philosophies, before returning to Mali. (Jungist response). Abd Al-Muttalib, the great navigator died of disease after returning from his last expedition against the Ceata people. His third son, Ali Jannah, continued to explore the Indian Ocean around the Cape of Africa, and eventually arrived at Jaffna in Ceylon. He offered trade relations between Mali and this city, as well as the city of Madurai which he also visited later that year. (mod response, please). In Meridia, the Babani explorer Jan ibn Yahya explored further down the coast between Jearda and Jadid, planting many forts and outposts along the coastline leading into the jungle of Jenniah. The city of Jadid at this point began to heavily invest in the sugar industry, and imported over 3,000 slaves from Nigeria to be put to work on the sugar plantations.
- Thuringian Diplomacy: Yahya Mamamoo is welcomed in Erfurt and treated as a distinguished guest, especially after news reaches Thuringia of Mali's impressive victory in Uster. Mamamoo is allowed to stay with Duke Gedeon for the year, where he attends the state funeral of Hugh the Heir, attends a meeting of the Supreme Ratia, studies in the University of Erfurt, and witnesses many other events. When Mamamoo prepares to leave, Gedeon gifts him several decorative copies of important texts dubbed the "Yahya Library" (the Jung Bible, Thuringia by the Thin White Duke, the Twelve Articles, Societas Cooperativa by Walter Steinmeier, Natural Law by Ingo Marx, the Augsburg Confession by Freud and Jung, the Anhalt Centuries by Wundt et al, The Assorted Plays and Poems of Ermanaric of Nassau, The Adventures of Wolfgang: Special 1530 Edition with a Foreward by Edmund Alwin, Station to Station and the "Berlin Trilogy" by the Thin White Duke, the 1519 Address to the Union, The Orator by Benedikt Nietzche, the 1534 Constitution of the Union, and more). A contingent is sent to accompany Mamamoo bringing countless gifts to the Musa, led by Prince Edmund, Gedeon's younger brother Elijah and his sister Theresa, and several other nobles. To their surprise, when in Mali they discover a long lost relative who was shipwrecked in West Africa twenty years ago and became a consort of the Musa.
- Ceylon accepts this trade, and send an envoy to the Mali Empire as a sign of friendship.
- Papal States: Thanks to the Papal Guard and to the actions of Captain-General Carlos Asburgo Della Rovere and his nephew Henry Asburgo Della Rovere, who was visiting Rome during the Conclave, the dastardly plot of the Jungists to destroy de Gregorian Chapel was stopped and the assassins imprisoned in Castel Sant’Angelo. With the end of the Conclave, Cardinal Arsaell Esturlungio is elected pope with the name Francis I. He is crowned with the papal tiara in a ceremony at the Basilica of Saint John Lateran. With a new pontiff, come changes in the Curia. Cardinal Giovanni Pietro Carafa becomes the new Cardinal-Secretary, Cardinal Benedetto Accolti is the new General Comissary of the Church, Cardinal Jean Ferrier II continues as the head of the Association for the Propagation of the Faith, Cardinal Robert Grey becomes the new head of the Pontifical Roman Press, Cardinal Alvin de Reginier-Barcelona becomes the new head of the Institute for Works of Charity, Cardinal Declan Mac Eochagáin becomes the prefect of the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition, Cardinal Eideard Tolmach is the new Dean of the College of Cardinals, Cardinal Ennio Filonardi becomes the new Chancellor of the Holy Roman Church and Cardinal Alessandro Farnese becomes the new head of the Sacred Congregation of the Index. Pope Francis participates in the interrogation sessions of the assassins. After several sessions, the assassins confess that they were hired by Hans Gruber and his secret society. The candlemaker is proved to be a Jew, causing more enmity of the population with the Jewish community. These confessions are supported by the documents found with the assassins. The pope orders that these assassins and the ones that attempted against the life of Pope Lucius IV be burned at the stake for their crimes. The criminals are dragged to the Piazza Navona where, in front of the pope, cardinals, members of the Roman Curia and the people of Rome, they are burned at the stake and their ashes are throw in the Tiber River. In a letter to the ruler of Hesse, the pope demands that they capture Hans Gruber and all members of his satanic society and give it to the Papal States. The pontiff also demands that Papal Inquisitors be part of the capture of these assassins [Hesse response needed, please]. Secretly, the pope make plans to a possible crusade against Hesse. Regarding the participation of Jews in the recent assassination attempts, the pope decides to write a bull that will expel all of them from the Papal States, but he is stopped by Cardinal-Secretary Giovanni Carafa and other Spirituali cardinals. Due to this the bull is changed. The bull issued is named Cum Nimis Absurdum and orders the creation of a Jewish ghetto in Rome. The pope set its borders near the Rione Sant'Angelo, an area where large numbers of Jews already resided, and orders it to be walled off from the rest of the city. A single gate, locked every day at sundown, will be the only means of reaching the rest of the city. The Jews themselves are responsible to pay all design and construction costs related to the project, which is estimated to be a total of 300 scudi. The bull also forbidden the Jews of having more than one synagogue per city, all Jewish places of worship will be destroyed. All Jews are now forced to wear distinctive yellow Jewish hats, especially outside the ghetto, and they were forbidden to trade in everything but food and clothes. Seeking to protect the Apostolic Palace, himself and the Curia, Pope Francis decrees that from now on all those that enter the Palace will be searched by the Celtic Guard. The pope also writes to all the Catholic military orders asking them to send members to Rome to stablish the Pontifical Guard, which will be responsible to protect the city against future attacks of Protestants and to be the bodyguards of the Pontiff, together with the Celtic Guard. [MOD response needed, please]. After a meeting with Russian diplomats, the pope takes note about the Tsar’s Pravaya Ruka and how they act against foreign agents. Francis becomes very interested in it and start to organize a version of it that will be named Occuli Dei (Eyes of God). (Secret). The pontiff writes to the Tsar of Russia saying about the two assassination attempts and asking for agents to help train the Occuli Dei, the agents and the Tsar will be very well paid for their help. [Russia response needed, please] (End Secret). Seeking even more protection against future attacks, Pope Francis orders the construction of several secret passages that will allow him to escape the Apostolic Palace and Rome if necessary. Even if a bit upset, the pope agrees with the requested of Joseph of Iona and an approved Irish version of the Latin Vulgate is made and printed by the Pontifical Roman Press. This version can only be used by approved missionaries to preach against the heretic. An Irish version of Tridentine Catechism is also sent to be used together with the Bible. The Holy Father creates as cardinals John Chojeński (Poland), Marcello Cervini (Papal States), Giacomo Savelli (Papal States) and Jacopo Sadoleto (Modena). Cardinals Chojeński and Savelli are Zelanti, while Sadoleto and Cervini are Spirituali. Pope Francis approves the Marian apparitions saw by Sister Elizabeth Barton with the title of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal. Severino Vecera finishes his book and will present it to the pope next year. Due to their participation is foiling the latest Protestant plot against the College of Cardinals, Catlos Asburgo Della Rovere receives from the pontiff the hereditary title of Duke-Prince of Poggio Miterto and his nephew Henry Asburgo Della Rovere receives the hereditary title of Duke of Senigallia. Pope Francis declares Pope Lucius IV as a Martyr of the Faith, killed by the Protestant monsters. Due to this, the pontiff declares his predecessor as a blessed.
- Republic of Ancona: The people of Ancona become outraged with the Jungist plot of killing the entire College of Cardinals. After news of the participation of a Jew arrives in the Republic, new attacks against them happen. The election of Pope Francis is celebrated by the people of the Republic. Henry (or Enrico) Asburgo Della Rovere, now Duke of Senigallia, returns to Ancona and is considered a hero by the people for having helped capture the assassins. He enters in the city being acclaimed by the population. His political enemies says that he act as a Julius Caesar. Even with the opposition of Gioberto Matarazzo and other Spirituali Elders, the ascension to power of Henry in Ancona is inevitable. With the bull Cum Nimis Absurdum being published, Henry and the others Zelanti Elders give total support to it.
- The Catholic military orders across Europe send a collective 12,000 men.
- Majapahit Empire: after the marriage, Pi decides to give his wife which she is renamed to Gaharagblum the best life she ever dreamed about, long hours feasts with a whole garden of peacocks and exotic birds, often throwing big drunking parties with stages being set for Indonesian folklores. He would acquire her own 100 servants. And plying her with many gifts, she is thought the Majapahit culture. Lores like Mahabharat. And tales of Majapahit predecessor such as Hamyam Wuruk and Wijaya. She is introduced to the Rasajaa dynasty, and been assimilated through it. With Pi continuing to solidate the Empire's stability he would additionally send 1,000 Snap matchlock Arquebussiers to the demak region to serve as garrisons for five years. Applied with supplies and promising them well acomendations if the period of service is done well. Production of rice will also be maintained as the more treasury from lowering army maintenance (only for regular forces, the garrisons and the militas that have been rounded up will still have their fair part of army maintenance) as we still continue to bloster up the production in the region to sustain the population and increase the growth rate. Black Smithers are still being tasked to produce more Snap matchlock arquebus and forge the chain mail armor and keep learning the type of the European plate helmets, with their maintenance and salary is slightly increased for them to increase their moral to aquire more productivity in the gunsmithery. Shipbuilding is still talking place in order to increase our navy wich will be guarding the gates through the Sunda Strait. With Majapahit attention still taking place in the Bandar Sunpadi colony. More 2,000 settlers and 600 Majapahit Chain mail armor style sowrd men are sent once again to the colony, with more merchant Djrongs coming into the great port of Powu in Powu city port to ship up spice in order to sell it in the Majapahit trading market, Adji Supandi orders a fortress to be built in Powu in order to protect the city as he calls labors to work into the building. Pi sends for the first group of 400 labors promising Adji that he would send another 500 next year which will be the last group. With the settlers and soldiers guard their way from any aggressive indigenous people, more settlements are being built in the new settlement of Grujta as the agriculture of spice is slightly growing by the river as wheat is also grown in the area. Trade continues to flourish with the Europeans and the Chinese. The Strait of Sunda sees minor ships passing to trade or to deliver diplomatic missions there. So in order to gain more money, a minor tax is being imposed to those ships to pass, with the navy guarding the Strait so no piracy movement is being done there. The empire continues to flourish.
- Mahayarda of Timor: Urbanization process begins with Pambri reaching 60,700 residents. The annual tribute is given as promised with portion of taxes being given as well. The trade with the Portuguese becomes more intensive. Wheat agriculture is being more common as livestock is being grown and used in many different ways.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha Archipelago: The population reaches 8,200. The archipelago is doing fine.
- Georgia: Turn sent to Nathan (who will post it if I'm not awake by the time the new turn is posted) and Feud (who will do the algos).
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": The RHC hearing the stories of a lake of youth in the north of Broekzand Peninsula thus three Fluyts prepare on Palmparadijs, these flutys being: RHS Rijn, RHS Groenwit and RHS Damiaen Groot. This small expedition being under explorer Damiaen de groot a merchant and explorer from The Hague in the county of Holland, who has been on some other expeditions to the surrounding area of broekzand. Thus his expedition sets of with about 20 men doing the four-day long trip to the peninsula, the ships being used to continually send food and reports to palmparadijs. Thus Damiaen meet with some tegasta tribemen where they explain the route give some advice on local flora and Fauna. These animals include the West Indies Krokodil, Bears, so called Big kitten, deer and Masked dogs, all these animals being either dangerous or a big annoyance to the voyageurs. Thus the voyageurs set of with their karren and their punaisiers north where Damiaen meet with a tribe called the Majeimi, Damiaen seeing many earth mounds and cannls. The voyageurs taking their time with establishing relations with the local times thus the men stopping for the winter at the lake of the Majaeimi. Thus Damiaen and his crew make camp on the northern side of the lake the men even building a small wood and dirt fortification around their camp as to keep themself safe from the animals of the region. This also helps with establishing RHC influence in the area and helps for future merchants to defend themself against both climate and animals. While in Kebeck with Fishery and hunting continues as the need for fish is ever increases, this coming from the need for both fish and beaver furs demand is slowly growing. Herring being very popular with not only Belgians but also with Danes, norwegeans and Englishmen, Hering often being used as a food for long distance travel as it rots relatively compared to many other foods. While in Herdersvlakte small shepherd comunities come into existance, the shepherds often being Lotharingian sheepfarmers and even a few being from Jersey. The farmers and shepherds from Lotharingia often coming from either Flanders or Guelders, as these lands are more rurral then Brabant and the Ardennes valley. These shepherds also coming as Flanders, Zeeland and the city of Antwerp as conflict over religion with Catholics lead by Willem de Zwijger try to not only defend Catholicism but also trying to enforce it as the Belgic faith. But with French aid to the Belgic church and the Groot Belgische raad, some Cities near France begin to openly support Dekremer and the Raad. This support comming after a continuous blockade of Antwerp which he is unable to handle, while also trying to enforce Catholicism turns the population on him. Thus the city opens their gates to Juliaen the Kremer Welcomed a Hero, in Antwerp he also anounces his succesor his adopted son who's 17, Simon Dekremer. Juliaen doing this as to ensure continuity in the Generaal-admiraliteit if he was to die of either old age or battle, and make sure that William cannot take his death as an opportunity. The cities who declare loyalty to him being Artois, Lille, Cambrai and lens, this makes suplies a big issue for William. Seeing as many coast and mercantile cities are not even if not actively yet fighting not supporting him either. Even with this all this does give him a popularity in one region that being Zeeland, as De zwijger is now seen as a protector and defender of Catholic rights which no other great man dares to so.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. With the recent victory in Krakow, we annex the land won into our nation making us bigger.
- Empire of Japan: Emperor Kenshiro breaking with tradition remains favored to his first Son Jimmu who being proven to be inept at classic management and essentially acting horrendously inept and atrociously brutal to those serving with or under him. This effectively leads to him being given clearly useless positions within the admiralty, essentially acting as busy work. Jimmu is none the wiser as is his father while a growing faction begins to favor his other son sired from a concubine from the imperial harem. This other son equally valid in the eyes of the daimyo and various aristocrats of the empire is immediately brought into their camp. This claimant born from the combined lines of the Yamato and Soga named Jomei is supported clearly in secret and is seen as the true inheritor of the empire and that sheer nepotism has taken hold over the Emperor and his own governing abilities are not in question, simply favoritism toward his son Jimmu who lacks and acumen and graces needed to act as an emperor of Japan. This remains a closely guarded secret but sympathetic elements within the Kensei Order supportive of this move gives them emboldens them. Emperor Kenshiro himself seeking to cement more direct control over the trade and small kingdoms of the Great Azuma Archipeligo brings 10,000 troops from the Imperial army and augments his troops with 2,000 men from the Japanese settlements and local native vassals putting the total at 12,000 troops Another force is followed up with the Hiroshima chapter of the Kensei order the Emperors Voice numbering 3,000 land at Fort Koba planning to support the invasion should it occur.. Having been the most overtly aggressive state in recent memory to Japan in the Archipeligo, a written demand is send to Tondo. Tondo is to submit as a vassal state to the Empire of Japan while maintaining its yearly tribute to China essentially assuming the same status as the Igorot confederacy to the north. [Mod response, please]. It is believed that should Tondo fall in line the rest of the Azuma kingdoms will eventually fall in line in the near future. In order to more effectively impress the idea that refusing this offer will be nothing but bad for Tondo proper considering how well the Igorots are treated. A few sympathetic nobles are found within Tondo itself to elevate should the invasion occur and the Great Azuma fleet numbering 30 ships is brought around off the coast of west coast Tondo cities. As they have since declined, cooler heads are shoved to the side as a trade magnate from Fort Koba and a warmaster from the Emperors Voice chapter of the Kensei order take command of the expedition. Akechi Masamune takes command of the Army and arrays himself quickly before the capital having sent word to the Azuma fleet to move on Manila and blockade it directly. His forces array in front of the capital quickly setting up the small amount of artillery that was brought with them. The city being low on fortifications and made out of wood should make easy pickings for the army. In a change of pace for Japanese tactics, the 2,000 Arquebusiers sent are put in the front line to shoot in a fire by line sending out hard massed volleys into the enemy army before the Ashigaru and native levy forces push into a hopefully disorganized center. Lacking in a serious cavalry context due to the forests and jungles, the 3,000 Kensei Order soldiers are to swing around the left flank in a shock tactic simultaneously surrounding mainline forces outside of the city and pushing into the city itself to capture key points. It is assumed that should the capital and the ruling family fall in this flash strike, most of the other nobles of tondo should fall into line rather quickly assuming a chief noble is picked to represent them to their new overlord.
- Tondo declines.
- Celtic Confederacy: Heresy has come to the lands of the Gaels, and with it, war. The greedy and unjust Earl of Desmond has joined the O’Neill in their perfidious rebellion, spitting on their oaths of vassalage and loyalty to rebel against their rightful, god ordained king. When King Edward hears this news, he dies of a heart attack, some say of a broken heart, and his son Kenneth takes the throne. With his wife having recently died and in the hopes of solidifying ties with the loyal Irish nobility, he offers to marry one of the Irish lords daughters, and does so, solidifying ties between him and the O’Sullivan family, one of the most prominent landholding family’s in Munster and one of the few great families to have benefited most immensely from the personal union with Scotland. Although this is intended as a placating measure to assure the Irish of the co-equalness of the union and ensure that the small families that both sides are attempting to sway to their side stay loyal, it instead has the opposite affect of that which was intended, convincing many of the lower nobles of the credibility of the claims that the big families are “Scottish lapdogs” and leading to enough lords siding with the rebels to bring about around 7,000 men, scattered throughout Ireland in this rebellion, as the goal amount. Meanwhile, the Irish nobles siding with the King, raise about 4,000 more forces, bringing the goal of the men raised by the Loyalist faction to 10,000 men. Scotland is careful not to send in any direct forces for now, fearing this will lend credence to the claims of Scottish domination made by the rebels, and thus the aid provided by the king for now is mostly monetary and by cutting off the rebels from the outside world. Nonetheless, a strong propaganda campaign is waged by the printing press, with thousands of pamphlets being distributed detailing the satanic connections of the heretics that are siding with the rebels and their connection to the Jews, and calling on all true Catholics to resist them in the name of Christ and king. The Irish translation of the Latin Vulgate Bible and the Tridentine Catechism is also dsitrivuted widely, prematurely shutting down protestant attempts to use the printing press as a weapon to their advantage as they had elsewhere. This the battle lines are clearly drawn, with the Loyalists controlling Ulster (bar the areas of the O’Neill and Macdonnel, which are being clearly threatened by the Loyalust forces), the Pale, most of Central Ireland, and around half of Leinster, well the Rebels control Connaught, a tiny portion of Ulster, and the majority of Munster, barring the Macarthy Mór, who opt to remain neutral, as they have loyalist sympathies but are surrounded by rebels. Many Irish lords also take this as an opportunity to pursue personal vendettas against each other in the chaos of the war. As the lines are drawn, the king makes one final attempt to resolve it, offering final clemency to the rebels if they merely put down their weapons, return home, and pass over the Protestants and their leaders. Unfortunately, they adamantly refuse, and so we are forced to fight each other, with Kenneth somberly noting “it’s treason, then” as he looks over the letter of rejection, and begins preparing the letters ordering the loyalists to begin fighting.
- Roman Empire: Having secured the immediate defense of Antioch and Aleppo lines of scouts are deployed around and between the cities to notify both armies of an attack on either of the two cities. 12,000 more men travel south to Aleppo, bringing the total Roman troops to 30,000 in the city. (There should be other nationalities there.) This deployment leaves 24,000 men, two Themata, and the elite Tagmata, for a campaign in Egypt. The fleet which had resupplied Beirut, 375 ships under Dragut Reis, sets sail for Alexandria carrying the reserves under the command of Strategos Hasapis. With the Abbasid fleet scattered across the Mediterranean and facing attacks from Spain the armies the few ships in the area ought to be bested swiftly. With its garrison depleted by years of war, the combined firepower of the Roman Armada batters down the Citadel of Qaitbay and the other smaller forts surrounding the harbor. The Tagmata, Thema Thrakes, and Thema Thessalonikes, 24,000 men in total attempt to land in the harbor, avoiding the city’s walls altogether. Several dozen smaller landing craft and light galleys are used to ferry the army into the heart of the city where they advance through the streets in tight formation. Armored pikemen and the front supported by musket-wielding marksmen ankistróploi. These forces drive back the defenders, who are largely older men, young boys, and the infirm who have been left behind. Superior Roman discipline, officers, and training are hoped to carry the day against whatever minor garrison remains.
- Noongar: It has been 16 years since the massacre of the young. Only a few tribes did manage to safely hide their children but the population still took a defeating hit, due to, of course, losing the young but also losing a lot of warriors that fought to keep them safe. Janbah is still living with the Wardandi group along the coast and has now reached the age of adulthood which is 16. Men and women have different coming-of-age rituals. The young women walk through the village naked, painted in red and white. The women sing and dance and follow them to a body of water or a river where they are then cleaned of the paint and receive piercings: a septum and ear piercings. The men are taken to the woods to learn from the warriors, then they have to "find their inner strength." The young men run into the wilderness with a weapon made from their hands and animal skin harvested from kangaroos, given by their mothers. They have to stay out there alone for the duration of a full moon. If they return beforehand they are not considered real men and have to make weapons for the warriors of the tribe and are considered "kiny" (nothing). If and when they return after the month is up they are painted fully white and a similar ritual to the female ritual takes place, but instead of receiving both septum and ear piercings they receive only septum. Janbah made a boomerang from bones. Out of all the weapons made by the boys his was the sharpest and cleanest. His journey started off well. He was able to build a small shelter, his hunts were difficult but he always managed to think of something- traps etc. Until the 27th day of the month during a hunt, he spotted something about a mile and a half away in one of the shrub valleys. Six Warriors. Not Noongar warriors but Spinifex warriors. In Noongar territory. He heard the stories of the massacre during his upbringing and knew that him as well as all his male peers were supposed to be dead. He ran back to his camp and quickly tore down his fort. He paused unsure of where to go, until he heard a voice speak to him in the wind “Go into the trees my Son.” He runs deeper into the woods and climbs the tallest tree he comes across. He climbs to the top and sees the warriors headed in his direction. Then he sees a boy from his tribe picking berries from a bush in the valley. The warriors stop and look in his direction and head toward him. His heart races scared for his friend but knows he is too far away to get to him in time and he wouldn’t be able to kill all six. The boy doesn’t notice their presence until it is too late. The boy is beaten to death by clubs, his head smashed in, after his body goes cold they pull out his teeth for souvenirs. The Warriors walk away headed west of the valley. The voice whispers to him “Kill them.” Janbah grows stiff “I-I am only one person. How-” The voice interrupts. “I will guide you.” Janbah grows serious. He climbs down the tree and heads west quietly until he spots them a couple yards away making camp for the night. “Look up” the voice says and he does so, he sees a huge beehive and smiles to himself. He heads back east a ways until he approaches a stream. He completely covers himself in mud to protect himself from getting stung. He heads back west until he reaches the tree, “I got this.” He says to himself. He climbs up the tree until he approaches the hive, the branch is smaller than he thought. He uses his boomerang to cut through the branch. He carefully climbs down with the hive. It is now dark when he approaches the camp. He sees the men sleeping around the fire. He slowly approaches them and realizes the sixth warrior is not sleeping but he is urinating by a tree. Janbah throws the hive onto the sleeping men quickly then runs behind a tree in the dark of the woods. The men scream in agony as the bees sting them. The warriors run around panicking and three of them drop to the ground perishing from their stings. The other two are badly stung but not dead yet. Janbah’s heart races as the warriors head in his direction. “Whoever you are, I am going to rip your eyes out and tear off your limbs while you're still alive.” yells the sixth warrior who endured no stings. Janbah holds his boomerang in his hand as the sixth approaches and the other two follow slowly after. Janbah uses the boomerang and stabs the sixth in the eye and he collapses to the ground. The other two yell angrily and start to run in his direction but due to the stinging suffered they move slower and at a stumbled pace. Janbah grabs his weapon and runs into the forest with the two men following after. He hears them wheezing and bumping into the trees as they try to catch up, one moving faster than the other. He ducks into a bush and waits for the one moving the quickest to pass so he can kill off the slower one. The warrior passes and the second one a minute later approaches and Janbah stabs him in the throat and he collapses to the ground. The last warrior must have heard his friend stop running behind him because he stops as well. He heads back and Janbah waits for him. The man approaches and stops and looks around but drops dead after Janbah launches his boomerang hitting him in the back of the skull. The next morning Janbah makes a small sled type structure out of sticks and places the boy's body onto it as well as the heads of the six men and heads back to camp. When he arrives the tribe surrounds him astonished but also grieves the boy and he tells them the story. They have a ceremony for the young boy and bury his body and stick the heads of the murderers on spikes outside the camp.
- Dai Viet-Lan Xang: The grain given by Majapahit is gracefully accepted as they are given to the families of those who fought in the war. Given the fact that Ava is too late to be saved, Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm on behalf of the Emperor writes a letter to Tabinschwenti that if the Princess is found, she will not be used as a claim on Ava. The letter also states that after knowing the fate of Princess Ngọc Hoa, Dai Viet will send Architect Vũ Như Tô to Yangon to help building the infrastructure of the new capital, to thank Siam for their generosity to help Dai Viet find the Princess. (Siam Response). Princess Ngọc Hoa is taken back to Thăng Long, in which she is consoled by her sister as the dynasty in Ava fallen and her husband dead. She is provided quality accommodation in the citadel like her previous life, happy and without any worries.The Saodom of Hsenwi accepting the alliance delights the Emperor. Meanwhile, Vietnamese settlement has began to appear in Kol Trah island and around the Tonle Sap lake. Agriculture are still improving managed by the Ministry of Revenue. Dai Viet has started to import cannons from the VIV and Portuguese merchants and seeing their effectiveness, begins to make use of them. The Department of Produce, Ministry of War and Armory all began to adopt and produce these types of cannons. Military training are done at Giảng võ đường as the Dai Viet-Lan Xang army are really skilled as using the modern weaponry.
- Dagon Response: The assistance of the architect is accepted and he is tasked with collaborating the engineers and architects tasked with building the city.
- Kingdom of England: King Henry VIII of England (1484-1535) dies after falling ill the previous year, with some wounds he incurred during the Cornwall campaign likely also contributing to his death. He leaves a more positive legacy than many of his recent predecessors thanks to the establishment of a truce between the Lancastrian and Yorkist factions at the Hemel Hempstead summit, following by the reconquest of Cornwall; hence, a lot of citizens and peasants attend his funeral to mourn his passing. Per the Hemel Hempstead agreement, the person set to inherit the throne is Edward Beaufort, 5th Duke of Somerset, and with the support of the English Parliament and most of the English nobility he is crowned in London as King Edward IX of England. Edward of York, 2nd Duke of Clarence, King Henry VIII's son who would have been his heir if not for the Hemel Hempstead agreement, remains upset at being denied the chance to inherit the throne. Thus, Edward of York tries to curry favour with several major nobles who had been on the Yorkist side in the civil war (including his uncle Thomas of York, 1st Earl of Hereford; Kings Edward VIII and Richard IV's brother George of Gloucester, 1st Earl of Rutland; Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk; and George Percy, 6th Earl of Northumberland) in the hopes of getting them to support his claim to the throne. However, none of these four nobles are willing to support his claim, not wanting to break the Hemel Hempstead agreement and trigger yet another dynastic conflict in England, particular as Edward Beaufort (King Edward IX) is seen as a more capable leader than Edward of York. Consequentially, Edward of York is left with a lot less political and military support than the Yorkist claimants prior to the Hemel Hempstead agreement had. Soon after being crowned, King Edward IX passes his lower noble titles on to his one surviving son John Beaufort (b. 1505), who becomes the 6th Duke of Somerset; John, however, continues to be in chronically poor health, raising some doubts about his potential as monarch, which may come into play relatively soon given King Edward IX is already 59 years of age. Given that the British Isles are currently largely at peace, King Edward IX has the dry dock shipyards of Bristol and Portsmouth, in use for building ships for the royal navy, specifically build ships designed for long-distance journeys, intending to commence exploratory voyages to Meridia within a decade. The English clergy and the Parliament, however, pay attention to the more immediate issue of the unfolding religious crisis in Europe causes by the murder of Pope Lucius IV. The English Parliament sends some soldiers to gather at the ports of Sandwich and Dover in Kent in case an outright war breaks out. At the urging of the clergy and the Parliament, King Edward IX announces that England would give Pope Francis I military support in such a situation. Though, the King personally is slightly reluctant to participate in religious conflicts because doing so would likely delay his personal Meridian ambitions. The soldiers gathered in Sandwich and Dover work on improving the seaward fortifications of those ports. The mercenary company led by Alexander Anderson also prepares for potential deployment to fight Jungists in Europe. Mary Beaufort (1490-1535), sister of King Edward IX and wife of John Tuchet, 1st Duke of Cornwall, dies from a disease. Frederick Tuchet and Mary Borgburg have their first child, a son named John (b. 1535) in honour of Frederick's father; Philippa Grey and Henry Stafford, 4th Duke of Buckingham have their third child, a son named Arthur (b. 1535); and Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Lancaster and Mary Dacre have their fourth child, a daughter named Isabel (b. 1535) in honour of Henry's mother. Prior to his death, King Henry VIII of England again sent out a proposal for Dorothy of York (b. 1506), the daughter of his brother Thomas of York, 1st Earl of Hereford, to be married to the still unmarried King Llywelyn of Wales (b. 1496). (Celtic response).
- Celtic Diplomacy:The king of Wales accepts this proposal.
- Abbasid Caliphate: With the success at Beirut, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman keeps the troops from being overtly confident in their efforts, reminding them that "the liberation has not ended and won't end until our people are freed from the shackles placed by the Georgians and false Romans". However, while the war had maintained routine success time-after-time, the war itself had taken its toll on the region. In the canonization of the war by historian Yehuda ibn Karim ibn Elkan al-Faris, he writes "... although the breeze along the coast brought forth by God had blessed the patriots of Islam in their fight against those that prey, the terror among the faces of the citizens of Beirut had shown a broken spirit of horror and atrocity. The blockade established prior to the Byzantine counter-attack, while effective in ruining the nutrition for the Georgian heretics, it proved fatal to the innocent people of Beirut, who had been raped, pillaged, and slaughtered by the Orthodox monsters during their occupation of the city that even the Turkish Caliph, al-Abdūkʿrāhman I, could not bear to look upon the mass graves of Sunni Muslims that had tried to fight for freedom under God and the Prophet Muhammad". While the captured Georgian armies in Beirut were imprisoned, some being hung in public or otherwise stoned to death, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman I would organize the remants of his army at the outskirts of Beirut. There, he would wait two weeks for messengers to travel and return from Iraq and northern Syria, as a means of reporting on the fronts. With failure at Aleppo, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman I pulls the troops back to Homs and Latakia where they fortify, taking notice of the Roman's defenses at Aleppo and adapting similar forts in Homs and Latakia. The reports of success in southern Iraq had prompted a small celebration among the soldiers, for if success was seen at Baghdad, the original capital of the Caliphate that was founded by the second Abbasid Caliph, Abu Ja'far Abdallah ibn Muhammad al-Mansur, then the Caliphate's restoration will have been completed. At some point during the early months of the year, a Persian diplomat known only as "Mehdi" would arrive in the camps of the Caliphate, relaying the message that Safavid dynasty of Persia would be supporting the Caliphate in their jihad against the childish Empire of Georgia. Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman I would accept this support and formal alliance. He sends 5,000 eastward to aid in the Mamluk Knights fight in Iraq. In Mesopotamia, the General Emran ibn Mohammad Ahl al-Baghdadi leads the final charge against Baghdad, leading nearly 24,000 forces into a siege on the city. Entering the city in a barrage of gunfire and light artillery while ships filled with soldiers are float along the Tigris into the city, Emran ibn Mohammad Ahl al-Baghdadi uses his widely known flanking tactics to his advantage in an effort to prevent encirclement of the forces. This battle would see the first unification of Shia and Sunni forces together fighting for the same cause of liberation from the Orthodox. [Algo Needed]. The attack on Alexandria is met with 30,000 troops defending.
- Georgian Empire: As the Georgian armies retreat north, large stretches of land in Syria, Mesopotamia, southern Azerbaijan, and Ilam, are set aflame. Thousands of lives are lost due to the fires - but this is eclipsed by the hundreds of thousands of lives that will be lost due to the destruction of farmland, irrigation, and the cities and towns themselves. A state of anarchy befalls upon these lands - exacerbated by the artificially-induced famine, and the total collapse of local government. In these harsh times, there is no room for benevolence and altruism - but only violence; the desperate peasants loot and pillage each other's villages - even killing their kinsmen and religious brethren - in hopes of survival, but this is to no avail. To further worsen the situation, the city of Karbala is burnt by Georgians wearing Abbasid dress (and also speaking in Arabic); the destruction of what is one of the holiest and important sites in Shia Islam, is thus attributed to the Sunnis. Shiite emissaries are sent to the Safavids to relay this narrative, in hopes of dissuading the Safavids from joining the Abbasids. 30,000 join 40,000+ Byzantines in the defense of Aleppo. The city's population are instructed to reinforce city wall's with rammed earth - this will not only make the walls thicker but help create an angular slope, which would allow the walls to deflect cannon fire. Stockpiles of grain and equipment are transported into the area to support the Byzantine-Georgian army, some small low-maintenance livestock (goats and chickens) are also taken into the city to further ensure a good supply of food. As the Abbasid's near, the city's "excess population" is taken north to alleviate any strain on the city's supplies. The Georgians will attempt to live out the siege until the Abbasids lose their supplies; with much of Syria razed, and its population and cities descending to chaos and anarchy, the Abbasids' supply lines are extended to the point that a campaign in northern Syria is simply untenable. The Georgians will also inflict damage on the Abbasid numbers by using indirect fire; they will do this during the night - when the majority of their troops are asleep. This will help keep them on their toes and reduce their morale. Similarly, nighttime sorties would also occur to further diminish their limited supplies and inflict additional casualties. The Georgians withdraw from Rasht; however, Gilan is also razed and its population relocated deep into Georgian territory so they cannot use the province's resources and manpower. After meeting up with the highly-esteemed Czar Dimitry II, Nathan decides the goal of the battle will be to obliterate much of the Safavid’s manpower (including much of their leadership, as many of the royal family is leading the campaign) - thus incapacitating them. They decide to trick the Safavid’s into focusing into the city - thus allowing the Russians to catch them off guard. However, before the Safavids reach Tabriz, Nathan massacres the Black Turkomans, who are of dubious loyalty. Whilst the Black Turkomans are in the middle of their drills (so they are separated from their horses), Nathan commands his artillerymen to fire at them from a nearby hill. None of the Black Turkomans survive, and their role is fulfilled by the more numerous - and more loyal - Christianized Anatolian-Turks. Their rotting, malodorant, mangled, distorted bodies are arranged so that they surround the city - any intact heads are cut from the corpse and placed on top of stakes so that the Safavids will learn to fear the wrath and devastating power of the Georgian army. Meanwhile, their horses are used to supply the Georgian army. They are fed as much feed as possible to fatten them up. Half of them - the mares, are kept for their milk. The males are slaughtered for their meat (which is dried to preserve them), while their blood is fermented. 50,000 Georgians entrench themselves in Tabriz; they are led by Nathan himself, and his valiant cousin George. 100 cannons (1,200 artillerymen) are sent north to meet up with the Russians. The 50,000 are kept inside the city first; lacking any artillery or firearms, the Safavids are expected to have a hard time besieging Tabriz's walls. Small contingents of mounted musketeers and light cavalry will go to harass the Safavids during the night - as to keep them perpetually on their toes and incite fear. When the Russians arrive, the cannons (placed on hilltop's) will then bombard the Safavid forces - thus killing a majority of their troops. After that, the Russians led by their Czar will charge down the slopes - riding knee to knee and using the elevation to maximize their power - to relieve the siege.Once the Safavid army is routed, the 50,000 entrenched in Tabriz will then encircle them and kill them all - with the musketeers firing into at the vanguard, and while the cavalry assaulting their vulnerable flanks and rear. 30,000 troops are sent to Mosul. Similarly, they reinforce the city's defenses by augmenting the walls with rammed earth. They also bring in any seized livestock and even horses inside the city walls to provide food, and diverts water from the river via channels. They await any Abbasid or Safavid advance north/west - if there is any, given the current state of Mesopotamia. The economy is further developed. While large parts of the middle east are abandoned, the bulk of Georgia's population and tax base (about three-fourths of it) remains under firm control. The monopoly over the trade of silk is restored to provide government revenue. Silver and copper are mined in Georgia proper to mint coins to prop up the war effort. With the loss of so much young men, more Aznauri (martial nobles) are created via charter and by encouraging the relatives of the dead Aznauri to take up their posts. Similarly, a lord of the upper nobles in the fight are instructed to have their fighting-age serfs accompany them in battle - though given that they are less trained, they are relegated to "easier" duties.
- The Spanish Empire: War consumes the topic of the Hispanic Assembly. After a rallying cry made by Prince Juan II spearheaded by King Elvin I, the secret plot of Golden Wind is arranged. The Spanish Fleet is amassed with 40 ships initiating a blockade on the Abassid Caliphate at the Bab al-Mandab Strait with 40 ships led by the assistance of the Spanish East India Company's aid and led by Vice-Admiral Augusto. As this is arranged, An army of 15,000 is stationed in the Rif with Grand Admiral Antonio leading the command of 250 ships to decimate the fleets at Tunis and Algiers. (Algo Request). Prior to this maneuver, General Velasquez leads a well supplied unit of men 15,000 strong in a surprise maneuver. He rests his army during the day and at night, storms the nearby city of Tlemcen blocking it off from supply and catching it off guard. Nonetheless, as the army concludes facing the caught off guard Tlemcen fighters, Dren The Warrior leads a naval invasion at Mers El Kabir, the army would unite to cut off the city of Oran by sea and land (Algo Request). This battle would consist of many cannons transported from the Rif. Artillery would blast at the walls. The Infierno Mortars designed by Leonardo Da Vinci would see the use in the conflicts to take the cities of Tlemcen and Oran while the armies would be forced to either charge at the Tercio forces commanded by Velasquez. Giorno Giovanna, meanwhile, begins to gather an army of 25,000 for the next phase of the campaign. Meanwhile, the attempt on the assasination of Alvin, the youngest brother to Elvin left him in great fury at the Palace of Polanco.
- New Spain: Under Cynthia "The Conqueror" the land under the encomienda system makes it attractive to be in the New World. Much of the land is left depopulated and at an increasing rate as disease plagues the native population. Nonetheless, those who do live enter marriage with conquistadors and new settlers. The Port of Cancun and Veracruz become hotbeds for trade in the region. The Spanish forces led by Pizarro amount to 3,500 strong. Spaniards form a bond with the Natives (Huancas, Chankas, Cañaris and Chachapoyas) who were under the oppression of the Inca Empire, and Pizarro includes them among his troops to face the Incas. In opposition to those who wish to see their destruction Pizarro in a conflict of survical would engage with the Inca Army who oppose them.
- Hanseatic League: This is the sixth full year of Peter Burkhart's (b. 1499) reign. He has a younger sister, Josephine Burkhart (b. 1502), married to Adolf Welling of Hamburg (b. 1496); a younger brother, Henry Burkhart (b. 1512) who is married to Zillah of Hesse (b. 1514); a younger sister, Matilda Burkhart (b. 1514) who is married to Henry de la Mark; and a younger brother, Jacob Burkhart (b. 1519), who is not currently betrothed. Should Peter Burkhart pass away, an election will take place in Lübeck to determine the next Grand Mayor. Though the Burkhart family has run the League in a way resembling feudal lords, Henry Burkhart has yet to prove himself and Jacob would almost certainly not be elected, as he is only 16. The arrests in Münster seem to peter out this year, though many of the more zealous Catholics believe they have not exacted their vengeance on the Jungists. Many of the accusations being cast are against members of the Knights Templar that are suspected to be Jungist. While it is true that some have become outwardly Jungist, many of these accusations do not hold much water. The occultist origins of Starkism leads many to associate Starkites with witchcraft and magic. Starkite women especially become victims of the German Witch Trials. Though accusations against Templars practicing magic are oftentimes shot down, women associated with them are oftentimes accused of being "Templar Wives" who used seduction and temptation to lead these soldiers of God astray. The witch trials begin with a series of wealthy women who were probably the mistresses of a Starkite former Templar, though it quickly becomes the easiest way for the more violence-minded among the Germans to inflict suffering upon others. Simply being a woman in Starkite congregations is oftentimes reason for being accused of witchcraft. Meanwhile, the Hanseatic League is incredibly grateful for Thuringia's assistance in bringing violent criminals to justice. The fact they carried themselves with such honor despite having been requested to punish enemies of a Catholic state lends a substantial amount of credit to the Jungist cause. The attempt at assassination by Hesse is condemned, with the burghers of the Hanseatic League outraged at the action. A vote is called to expel Hessian cities from the League, but it does not pass. Around this time, the Haneatic League calls for standardization of currency within the Holy Roman Empire. Most states associated with the Haneatic League use the Cologne Mark as a standard: 233.856 grams. Many states use similar standards for what a mark is, oftentimes with differences of fractions of a gram. To make large-scale transactions easier, the League wishes to make the Cologne Mark the standard currency measurement throughout Germany. The kontors in the Mediterranean see increased business as more nations wish to trade with outwardly Catholic Hanseatic merchants, who have not betrayed the Pope as many of their German brethren have. A few more galleons are built this year, two of which are donated to the Imperial navy. More people arrive in New Hanover as the Hanseatic League begins to grant lands to settlers who are interested in traveling to the New World and growing crops. However, the New Hanover colony sees particular hardship this year, as disease and starvation run rampant only a year into being settled. The ship arriving with more colonists also brings supplies, which allows for more survivors to survive through the end of the winter. Sailors remark similarities between languages spoken on the Carolingian coast and those spoken to the north, with the Hansa making note of this for future expeditions. Trade from the kontors in the North Sea returns to normal after the brief scare between the Celtic Confederacy and England. Money from the Java Kontor continues to flood into Hanseatic markets. The Hansa considers making a dedicated stopping point somewhere near the Cape of Good Hope, yet no charter is granted by the end of this year.
The attempt to assassinate the pope is condemned by the Hessian government, with whoever it was that was responsible for such a thing condemned, to be hunted down by the Hessian government. To this end, Hessian soldiers manage to arrest several members of the plot, and they reveal in confession that they were actually Catholic. The plot had been a false flag attack, or an attack to frame the Jungists, and that has backfired. This investigation is overseen by Martin Breuer, the Primate of Germany within the Catholic church as appointed previously by the Pope. The Hessian government tries to stop these radical Catholics, and promotes non-violence between Catholics and Jungists. The government states that Jungists must not stoop to the Pope's level when he assassinated the peaceful intellectual Konrad Jung.
- Please post on time next time, and uh, implausible.
The Russian forces involved in salvaging the Georgian core territories refuse to march on any offensive operations citing their involvement in a multitude of wars over the past decade and having spent obscene amounts of time away from their homes. Much of the Armies leadership agrees and expects to be home in Russia by the next year much to the dismay of the Tsar.
Persian forces looking to occupy parts of Mesopotamia are horrified to find butchered Shi'ites and desecrated religious sites. Much of the men blame the long time Sunni-Shia rivalry for these desecrations. However, upper tier leadership remains partially unconvinced due to lack of telltale signs of Abbasid occupation. They simply agree to pacify the region and take this issue to the Abbasids when the war is over. For the time being they are extremely wary of further diplomacy from the Abbasids as the seeds of distrust have been sown to some degree.
The Abbasid forces reach Aleppo arraying before the walls. Even though outnumbered they assault the city for all its worth. For the first few hours of the battle it seems to swing clearly in favor of the Caliphate. Abdel Al-Najdi personally moves his forces into the city only to be met in a ferocious counterattack by the Roman soldiers. Two disciplined armies fight for nearly two hours over strategic positioning within the city. As the Abbasid forces are pushed out of the city Alexandros Tagaris challenges Abdel Al Najdi to a duel only for the two men to be equally matched trading blow for blow and both causing various injuries to the other, debilitating but not fatal. The two men exhausted end the battle and trade swords as a sign of respect ending the battle shortly thereafter to reconnoiter.
Another family member of the late Sapa inca, his younger brother Huayna, marches north with roughly 20,000 soldiers meeting with the Spanish and treating with them hoping to get assistance from the strange men. He offers them "a room overflowing with gold" should they assist him in taking the throne for himself.
A growing number of Catholics in Germany and France after the attacks on the Papacy begin to grow increasingly militant and a number of Jungists in Catholic majority areas of the two regions are beat or simply outright killed as heretics. This marks a growing number of dissatisfied Catholics within the Western and Central Europe which clearly has begun to demand a change in how Jungist Theology is treated.
In Greenland, Cardinal Grímur Svertingsonn dies after falling out of a boat while fishing.
In France, Sérlait of Bruce-Auvergne (1474-1536), widow of Duke John VII of Brittany and sister of King Edward IV of Scotland, dies of a disease.
In Denmark, Ingeborg Bjelbo (1455-1536), the widow of King Henry, dies of natural causes.
- Dagon Empire: The fall of Manipur comes as swiftly as Ava with its collapse in just one year to Dagon forces. To secure the last vestiges of northern Burma under Dagon as well as remove Shan raiders from play, the armies of Dagon turn their attention Mohnyin (Beige Shan State). A force of 20,000 under Nattani Chaiprasit is assembled to advance on the city to put it under siege and eliminate any opposition forces that might appear. (Algo Needed). Despite Manipur being an exclave, administrators are dispatched through the Bengal Sultanate to take over governance of the main cities in the region such as Imphal. The Vietnamese princess has been found alive and is returned to Dai Viet. The Navy remains active in patrolling the trade lanes but has slowed down the phasing in of the Pantas and Berat ships due to the focus of resources on the land campaign begin undertaken by Tabinschwenti which has made the Laksamana prioritize assets to accommodate. The wars in upper Burma have provided much for Dagonese officers of the War College to study due to the logistical strain suffered by the troops with the introduction of logistics to the curricula within the College to compensate for this vital weak point in the military. The Penghulu Bendahari has supported the efforts to rebuild wats and cities in the region due to the tumultuous time it suffered under the Shan who looted and defiled the lands as well as the people. Administrators and officials are being increasingly brought into the Ava region in order to oversee its reconstruction and development with many facing the difficulties of doing such with Shan raiders still remaining active resulting in the increase of garrison forces in the region. Dagon increasingly grows no longer solely of the efforts of the government but as the beating heart of the new empire with many merchants and people immigrating from all over to settle within the capital and remain close to the seat of power for Tabinschwenti. Fort Prelean continues to be built up under the Krasuang Kalahom who is intent on ensuring that threats to the city of Dagon are stopped before they can arrive.
- Duchy of Greenland: News arrives that Grímur Svertingsonn died while fishing. This comes as a great surprise to everyone who knew him, as it could be recalled how decades ago he swore off all adventure and outdoor pursuits after the horrors he saw in the far north, so the sudden news that he would go fishing and die in the process shocks his friends. Many believe that he was actually assassinated by the new Pope or his supporters, especially when rumors reach Greenland that Grímur did not vote for the current pope, and when it becomes clear the College of Cardinals is becoming much smaller and concentrated in the hands of only a few nations. Elsewhere the Patriarch of Greenland Jómika Ashoona remains active in Greenland, and sends several secret agents to Rome to monitor the situation and collect evidence. With Vinland seemingly falling under the control of France, the Duke of Greenland would send an envoy asking to open trade between Greenland and France/French Vinland, so not to lose a source of revenue during the regime change. (France response needed).
- Empire of Japan: The war in Tondo engrosses Emperor Kenshiro to the point of Obsession. It is the first of many red flags that have come up over the last few years of Emperor Kenshiros deteriorating mental state. He spends two or three days at a time getting no sleep running over imaginary calculations to determine if his army would be successful in the battle or not. When he cannot reach a logical conclusion he literally tries to flip the massive table in the war room in the Imperial palace. Only news of a successful battle at the Tondo Capital brings him to a well rested sleep. The success over Tondo brings much commendation to the "Emperors Voice" chapter of the Kensei order and results in an upswing of patronage from the Emperor himself for the Kensei orders service. This expansion of patronage also comming in from cities prompts many of the chapters of the order to begin their first expansion in years taking on new disciples and expanding their Great Shrines. While Tondo has effectively accepted the outcome of the battle and concedes to the Empire, Akechi Masamune summons more soldiers from the homeland but is met with another chapter of the Kensei order. Nearly 2,000 soldiers from the enlarged Kyoto based Golden Wind Chapter (Kazekogane) arrive with a writ of order from their grand master. These 2,000 men are to take over the small shrine in Port Koba currently under control of a very small amount of Kensei swordsmen of many different chapters. Akechi is to be the Grandmaster of this new chapter and is to return to his own chapters grandmaster to receive the necessary training and then come back to Fort Koba. Akechi agrees to this enthusiastically and leads the Emperors Voice and members of his new chapter in a march through Tondo, organizing the territory and appointing a more concilliatory noble to lead Tondo as Japans vassal. While Manila had indeed been taken, the Chinese quarter of the city situated closely to the Japanese quarter were both given much room to prevent unnecessary casualties. The Chinese and Japanese communities are paid for any material or trade losses that were incurred and throughout the rest of the Kingdom of Tondo the Chinese communities are given the same privileged status as they receive in Igorot to the north. Development of Arasakura sees domestic development independent of Imperial investment as Sugi expands along the coasts claiming the lands as multiple small docks and jetties had been established to help with fishing and maintaining the food supply for the small settlement. Kenenaitzu also sees a small wave of immigration but mostly focused around those who have essentially sold themselves as servants for a short period to inhabitants of Kenenaitzu in an attempt to escape worse living conditions in Japan. The secret claimant to the Japanese throne Jomei continues to broaden his support among the Daimyo as well as with the Imperial Army.
- Saxony: With religious tensions rising once again in Germany, at Duke Wolfgang's insistence, his Catholic younger brother the Duke of Saxe-Jessen, Edmund, travels to Hesse to conduct his own investigation of the Black Hand. After interviewing a large number of people involved, Edmund concludes that the original investigation by the German Catholic authorities led by Martin Breuer were correct and that the Black Hand is an ultra-Catholic paramilitary group. Meanwhile, the attempted colonization of the Meridias by Saxons who reached the New World via Hanseatic voyages has failed dismally. The last Saxony heard of them was when they claimed they had sighted an island and would claim it for Saxony. However, they were marooned on the island and succumbed to cannibalism and starved to death. Nevertheless, after astronomers and cartographers confirm the explorers most likely landed on an island, Wolfgang declares the island part of the Holy Roman Empire and a vassal state of Saxony. He names the island Edmundalwina, and declares himself Count of it. Whether this island even exists or where it is located are unknown, means Wolfgang's claims are met with scepticism. Meanwhile, Joseph Alwin de la Marck has a son named Edmund Alwin. Wolfgang Alwin de la Marck has a son named Wolfgang Hugh, and later on in the year a daughter named Gertha. Louis de la Marck, the Duke of Saxe-Wolfen, has two children: a son named Engelbert and a daughter named Louise de la Marck. Meanwhile, Wenceslaus V of Saxe-Wittenberg, marries Henrietta Edwardina de la Marck (b. 1499), and has a son named George. Peter Meise violently denounces the Pope, and founds a society known as ANTICA, which is openly anti-Catholic and supports violence. The Duke of Saxony, fearing Meise will make the situation worse, imprisons him, but he escapes.
- Tsardom of Russia: Out of compassion for his men who long for home just as he does, Dimitry II relunctantly concedes to the Demands of his leadership and call a general withdrawal from the conflict pulling his troops out of Northern Syria from the defences of Antoich and Aleppo With the battle of Aleppo won. He orders a general withdrawal of most of his army from Gerogia Proper moving back north across the Caucasus. However, he leaves under the command of King Nathan 5,000 light cavalry in the form of the Circassian and Qasim Raiders as mercenaries. Before returning home, however, the Tsar decides that he must meet face to face with the Caliph as one faithful to the other, and alos desiring to make pilgrimage to the Holy City of Jerusalem, keeping 10,000 of his most loyal and oldest companions sends an envoy to the Caliph requesting a meeting with him to broker an end to the conflict, as one Ruler who is guided by their faith and convictions to another, further he desires to go on Pilgrimage to Jerusalem before he dies, and will likely never get another chance. (Abbasids Response required.) Nikolay Turgenev agrees to the Papal request on behalf of the Tsar who is presently on campaign, sending several members of the Pravaya Ruka (RIght hand) the Tsar's secret police to Rome to educate the papal agents in the art of suppression of foreign agents and internal dissidents, showing the Papal torturers also novel methods of torture they learned while on campaign with the Tsar and during the civil war. A few Diaks (clerks) are also sent to the papacy to help the papal agents learn to draw information from purchases in and around the papal terirtories and to track the movement of people deemed supicious for furtgher information collection. Capitalizing on the feats of Dimitry, Nikolay Turgenev completes his second work on the life of Tsar Dimitry and finishes outlining the feats and virtues required to be "a Tsar" hammering in the importance of building legitimacy through legacy, and tact. In the now Revised book "The Sword, The cross, and the Crown" Nikolay fully fleshes out the importance of sound statecraft, competance in the field of battle, and a mastery of the use of controlling the narrative to further ones goals and legitimacy. He also makes note of the need to have loyal followers who are rewarded appropiately for the accomplishments and punished rightously for their faiures of disloyalty. In many parts it is implied that behind every great ruler there is someone who will be there to do the dirty work needed to enusre stability, making refrence to his role in helping build up the legacy of Tsar Dimitry, without directly mentioning it. Trade continues to grow, as the Russian goods pour into Greek and german markets at the lower cost allowing for Russian merchants to increase their profits and share of the black sea and blatic markets due to their highly monopolistic nature of those regions, taking advantage of the strong trade relatrions between the Rus, and their greek and german partners. Settlement of the newly conquered eastern frontiers continue with the Orthodox church helping new arrivals in the region find wifes, and land to set up shop, in cooperation with the policies of the Tsar. Education of the noblity continues to grow also under the guiding hand of the church.
- Mali Empire: Mamamoo's personal opinion on Jungism is not recorded for us, and the extent it had influence over his philosophy is often debated. His humanist, rationalist approach to social philosophy is often described as primitivist, citing his extended analogy of Lamakan ("No place", a translation of Utopia), which bears some vague similarities to the Jungist movement. However, this is equally argued to be based on existing philosophies already popular in the University of Sankour, namely the writings of Petrarch and Al-Kindi. Mamamoo's personal collection of books, known by Europeans as the "Yahya Library", includes fifteen different Jungist texts, ranging from political essays and speeches to short plays and poems. Mamamoo was also recorded as having been present for the funeral of Duke Hugh of Thuringia, where he received these books from originally. The Thuringian diplomacy of Edmund, Elijah and Theresa had arrived at the capital city of Niani, following in the footsteps of Hendrickus Pisacus, Alexander Basic, Alef Fletcher, and many more. Initially, they were denied personal audience with "the Musa", who most probably means Mansa Musa III. However, while in the city they stumbled across a woman of Musa's harem, a German who was shipwrecked in Africa many years ago, and she was able to vouch for their audience with the Emperor and his family. His two sons being Uli (b. 1517) and Simba (b. 1521), of which Uli has one wife from Nigeria named Adelola (b. 1520). His unmarried daughters being Zuhur (b. 1520), Zaynab (b. 1522) and Sara (b. 1525). Mamamoo's sense of justice and impartiality was ultimately his downfall, however. He continued to mediate between the factions in the Gbara, between those that supported local nobility and those that support the emperor's direct rule. Rather than solely picking one side, Mamamoo stuck to his personal philosophy and best judgement, listening to complaints and rhetoric of both sides and fairly representing their ideas in the royal court. This caused him to be mutually disliked by both sides, but especially the absolutists who saw him as a direct threat to their ambitions. In the far east, Ali Jannah managed to establish trading posts all around the island of Ceylon, as well as one in Thansever in Chola. He returns to the court of Dakar to report a new sea route to reach India, completely bypassing the Sahara desert as well as their reliance on Ethiopia. Although this discovery would seem revolutionary in any other time period, the tense political situation in the royal court caused this to become a major controversy. Now with an alternative route to reach India, the eastern territories would suffer from a lack of tax revenue along the caravan trade, thus prompting some of the Gbara to propose barring this sea route altogether. In the far west, Jan ibn Yahya continued establishing forts and trading posts across the coast of Meridia from Jearda down to Jadid, attempting to press a claim to this region in general. He sends a direct expedition into the Jennia (Amazon) Rainforest, largely unarmed except for 120 regular soldiers and 20 Dutch mercenaries, preaching Islam and sharing the Quran to the indigenous Tamoio people. The goal of this expedition, led by the Imam Musa Mboob, is to open up local schools for the Native Meridians, helping to educate them in-laws and religion of the Mali Empire, in exchange for trade and diplomacy to their chiefs. (Mod response, please). The Meridian colonies generally begin to consolidate their main exports, which are mostly sugar, coffee, and tobacco at this point, worked mainly by the Yoroba and Bantu slaves.
- They accept, with some wishing to visit Mali proper.
- Papal States: The silence from the rulers of Hesse regarding the plot to explode the Gregorian Chapel until the moment is seen as connivance by Pope Francis and the Roman Curia. Due to this, the pope writes to all Catholic leaders saying that the Jungism must be declared as dangerous to the peace and all Jungists in their lands must be destroyed, or they can also end being targeted by these killers and liars that call themselves Christians. The pope also considers the Jungist leaders as dangerous and untrustworthy, but he is refrained from attacking them by Cardinal-Secretary Giovanni Pietro Carafa and other Spirituali cardinals that this action can cause a war. Pope Francis and the more radical members of the Zelanti faction consider the Spirituali as crypto-Protestants and planned to use the Inquisition to suppress the movement, but due to the popularity of some Spirituali, such as Gaetano dei Conti di Thiene, these plans were stopped. Due to the latest events, the pontiff strengthens the inquisition in a way that has never been seen before. Several books deemed as heretical are placed in the Index Librorum Prohibitorum. Across the Papal States several books are burned and people arrested for being considered heretics. After their trials some are declared innocent, but others are considered guilty and burned at the stake. Pope Francis participates of the entire process made by the Inquisition. Is said that one day after a heretic was burned at the stake a Dominican friar asked the pontiff way he participates in nearly all process and then Francis said: "Even if my own father were a heretic, I would gather the wood to burn him". The pope lives in rigid austerity and start to demand the same position of the Catholic clerics, seeking to restore pious habits to the Church. Francis starts a reform of the papal administration designed to stamp out trafficking of principal positions in the Curia. All secular offices, from the highest to the lowest, will be assigned to others based on merit. Important economies will be made, and taxes will be proportionately remitted. The pope establishes a chest, of which only he held the key, for the purpose of receiving all complaints that anyone desires to make. The pontiff also orders Michelangelo to paint the nudes of the Gregorian Chapel more modestly. Severino Vecera meets with the pope and presents his book named “The Goal of Change”. In the book he uses both the theory that he learned in his travel to Mali and the studies of Adalfredo Meccia. Vecera’s explain that God allows the creatures to change and these characteristics are passed to their offspring also due to God’s Will. He proposes that these characteristics are stored someplace inside the creatures and are passed to the offspring in the moment of conception. He explains in his book that the absolute goal of these changes is to reach their best potential and when it fails to reach that, God allow it to disappear. He uses as example the giant forest hogs from Mali that seems to be disappearing and justify it by saying that these animals failed to reach their best potential and thus failed before the Eyes of God. He use the term “inferior” to refer to these creatures. Pope Francis at first thinks that it’s heresy, but he changes his mind after discussing with the cardinals. Then he gives his approval to the book. The Apostolic Guard is formed with the soldiers sent by the Military Orders. Together with the Celtic Guard, they will be responsible to protect the pope and the College of Cardinals against possible attacks of Protestants. They will watch the approach of suspicious people. The Papal Guard patrols Rome, watching any suspicious person that can enter the city. The Occuli Dei continues to be organized.
- Republic of Ancona: The disputes between the Zelanti and the Spirituali factions of the Elders continue. The Zelanti, led by Henry (or Enrico) Asburgo Della Rovere, are the most powerful faction and eagerly adopt the prohibitions stablished by Pope Francis against Jews and Protestants. The Spirituali, led by Gioberto Matarazzo, think that these laws are very drastic and try to oppose it. There is some hostility against the New Christians in the Republic.
- Kingdom of Bohemia: Emperor Jaromir, in cooperation with his wife, would begin working on a treaty for his succession. In the event of Joan’s death, Jaromir would continue to rule as the reigning king of France, and upon his death he would be succeeded by his son Charles. In Bohemia he would be succeeded by his son Henry. However, he remained in good health and hoped that would not be for some time. In response to the rumors of a dangerous secret society in the Empire, the Emperor would dispatch investigators and inquisitors across Germany to search for this organization in accordance with the Pope’s request. The Papal-appointed Primate of Germany, Martin Breuer, would conclude that the organization was secretly Catholic in nature, and had hoped to institute a false flag attack to frame the Jungists. Regardless of the religious leanings of the group, the Emperor persecuted it nonetheless. He would make a statement that no foreign intervention against German states would be tolerated. He noted the earlier “crusade” against Thuringia around the election of Henry IX, and how it had been detrimental to the Empire and Christianity as a whole, and ironically a major catalyst in creating Jungism in the first place. Therefore the Emperor responded that he would not allow the Pope’s inquisitors, soldiers, etc., to invade any part of the Empire, as he personally would be enforcing religious standards, and that any sudden crusader army invading would be met as an attack on the Empire. Nonetheless the Emperor demanded many concessions from the Hessians in the form of cooperation, expecting that radicals of any denomination would be persecuted. The Emperor did the same against the Oldenburger rebels, and continued a general policy of appeasement for different denominations, as long as all forms of violence were disallowed.
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania: Even though the marriage alliance didn't work, the Polish king still wants alliance with Kingdom of Denmark-Norway. Mod response needed. The nation also built more navies. The nation also bought 5,000 mercenaries.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": Damiaen Groot after planning to even more north to the lake of youth decides to keep 50 of his 200 soldiers in the small fortress. This fortress being called Fort Majeimi after the tribe inhabiting the general area, a tribe well known for canals and earth mounds. Thus Damiaen Groot sets out with his 150 men group northward, this voyage being rather slow due to the terain of Broekzand. The land being very wet with a lot of small lakes and streams, thus making it very hard for the Veroveraars and their carts to effectively move north. Thus the average distance per day being only two Brabantine mile (ten miles) per day which is slow as roman could walk up to 15 Brabantine mile (45 miles), this also coming from the fact that a lot of infrastructure to cross these small streams and lakes have to be made. This often meaning the chopping done of threes or filling up small ditches with dirt and other ruble. Thus after a couple of weeks of walking the voyageurs arive at a lake which is called Lake Walaka by the people living in the area, the word meaning Chain of lakes. The men after some consideration and thinking about the risk go into the lake. The first man to do so being called Nathaël Mooihart, the man reporting to not having pains and ail, the men thus beliving the lake to be full of miracles. The men at Fort Majeimi also sending a report noting Dirk Govaerts is dead Paul Govaerts is new government, this news coming in as to let them know as to the new state of power in the colony they are a part of. While in Leeuwarden the first christians begin to establish towns and name the islands The central one being called Druon, and the one on the east Bonaire and the western one being named Oruba. Druon being the island where the majority of the Catholics went 300 people while 50 went to both Oruba and Bonaire, the men not yet interacting that much with natives besides introducing them to Christianity, metal and guns. The Leeuwarder Katholieken as they are called building the island in what they see as ideal grounds to ensure a heaven on earth by follow God and his creation. Thus another group of around 50 Catholics arive from Flanders, Artois and Boulogne, as the conflicts continues in those regions. As the loss of Antwerp and the general Artois and Boulogne does hurt the Catholic restance monetairly and teratorialy, but this does make the resistance a bit harder. Willem de zwijger basing his power now from the City of Middelburg and Bruges, as Middelburg is harder to reach and requires ships as it is on the zeelandic islands. Willem hoping on getting the locals resisting the Belgian army, as he only has around 1,000 properly trained knights and punsaisiers. A thing he doesn't know is that Juliaen Dekremer has died of old age at the age of 63 his 18-year-old adopted sun Paul Dekremer taking over as admiraal-generaal as per appointment by his father. Juliaen Dekremer having his Funeral in the recently freed city of Antwerp, The king John VI attending the funeral just like Nicolaas Everaerts. And thus, The Belgian offensive in temperarally as Paul wants to not only recorganise the army he also wants to re-evalutate the current situation and strategy. Paul being know to be much more carefull and considerate of his men in the hope to avoid bloodshed and get the best result possible without sacrefising that specific goal.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned.
- Kingdom of Portugal: This year is a sad year, as the queen dies giving birth to her and the Hungarian crown prince's son. The queen is succeeded by her nephew Sebastion who takes the regal name of Sebastian I. He immediately makes preparations for his coronation and the funeral of Queen Mary I. Meanwhile, his five-year-old son, Antonio, is made the new heir apparent.
- Majapahit Empire: Life going good. Peasants do their thing. Aristocrats throw drinking parties. Pi hunts twice this year and catches a pig. People are farming their thing. Trade grows. Nice nice.
- Mahayarda of Timor: Urbanization process ends with Pambri reaching 80,700 residents. Yes.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha Archipelago: The population reaches 8,200. The archipelago is doing fine.
- Roman Empire: With the landing at Alexandria called-off due to the arrival of an Abbasid Army and the successful defense of Aleppo, Kaisar-Autokrat Andronikos agrees to peace talks to be held in Jerusalem. Troops remain in Georgia for several months into the new year before returning home after the conclusion of the Treaty of Jerusalem. With the return of peace, shipping of goods across the Mediterranean and Black Seas resumes in full and while the overland trade from Georgia remains disrupted trade in Russia and through Egypt more than makes up for the lack of Georgian goods. Having only lost a few thousand men in the fighting, and with the economy largely intact, Kaisar-Autokrat Andronikos VI remains restless. He seeks battle and glory, and without an enemy to the south to fight he looks west. However, wanting to give his armies time to rest he sends them home and instead he summons Stephanos Koskas, Imperial Spymaster, and commander of the Esovestiarii. Inquiring as to the strength of Roman spy networks, Stephanos Koskas expresses his work to monitor foreign influence in Morea and across the Hellenic world. A secretive character, Koskas is tasked with a mission in Serbia. He is to make use of the network in Tarnovo Bulgaria to spread his agents into Serbia. Disguised as grain merchants, he selects several of his most experienced and qualified agents, sending them up the Danube slowly so as to avoid drawing attention to themselves. (Mod Response for establishing a spy network in Belgrade). They each take up residence in Belgrade, near the royal palace in the merchant quarter of the city. Meanwhile, Andronikos VI travels to Albania with 24,000 men behind him. He demands that Albania become a tributary of the Roman Empire, and that it accepts Roman protection and preferential trade concessions. (Mod Response for Albania becoming a Tributary.) Internally, the economy roars back to life as farmers return from the war. Loans are offered to Georgia to help get back on its feet, but since the investment isn’t particularly safe the interest rate is above average. (Georgian Response Please) In the Danube, waves of migration slow, though nearly 150,000 Greeks have settled in the region and now constitute a majority in Tyras and northern Dobruja.
- Spy network Response: Lack of knowledge of very obvious local customs reveals the spy network in Tarnovo.
- Albania accepts on the condition this does not limit their ability to wage war.
- Jungist Räterepublic of Thuringia: The alleged plot to attack the College of Cardinals has numerous reactions from across Thuringia. The government completely condemns such an attack and expresses interest in aiding the persecution of the Black Hand. As Jungism is a religion of non-violence, such an attack is vastly unpopular across Thuringia. As such, when investigators of both Catholic and Jungist origin investigate the attack, it is not unlikely that many would come to the conclusion that the attack must be from a Catholic group pretending to be Jungist in order to defame the movement as a whole. The most outspoken of this opinion is Martin Breuer, noted Primate of Germany and head of the entire Catholic Church in Germany—at least in theory. When he publishes his findings, which include numerous interviews and confessions, he rules that the attack was orchestrated by a radical Catholic group, at least they claimed to be such. As such, this becomes the official opinion of the Thuringian government, and what is published nationwide and beyond, and is also what Breuer prescribes to the Catholic and Jungist churches under his authority. However, it is obvious that outcome will not satisfy all. The mainstream Catholic opinion remains that the attack was planned by radical Jungists as that would make for the most simple explanation, and is one that would fit the agenda of the Catholics regardless. Nonetheless, mainstream Jungists distance themselves from acts of terrorism and that event, and even show solidarity toward the Catholics and those effected. A diplomatic mission is sent to Italy to apologize on behalf of the church as a whole, and to demonstrate and make plans toward Thuringia’s ongoing response in hunting down and persecuting the Black Hand. As previously iterated, the existence of such an organization, regardless of what religious affiliation it turns out to have, is deemed a threat to both sides; such radicalism could harm Catholics and Jungists alike, and only furthers the divide. Benedikt Nietzche would remark, “The terrorist order has remarked that they are Catholic and that they find their actions justified to catalyze violence against their Jungist enemies, and the Catholics deem they are no Catholic order. And I agree. Others claim the terrorist order has remarked they are Jungist and that they find theory actions justified to catalyze violence against their Catholic enemies, and the Jungists deem they are no Jungist order. And I agree. It is antithetical to Christianity, to the point of breaking any scripture you attempt to bend, to claim that they are Catholic, Jungist, or Christian at all. As such there is no dichotomy to be falsely applied, in which we must side with that of violence, in opposition to our true values, to antagonize the other tribe. Neither tribe welcomes such barbaracy. And both tribes are united in a common goal today.” As such a type of inquisition occurs in Thuringia for the first time in some forty years. It is crucial to the government that no Catholic of Papal agent set foot in Thuringia – such an act would be an infringement of Thuringia’s sovereignty and complete rejection of any Papal authority, and would likewise be very unpopular in the wake of the Pope’s actions decades prior in Thuringia – but nonetheless the Thuringian government still persecutes such radicals to the best of their ability. The nation also stands strong alongside Hesse and its government, thanking them for likewise taking similar steps to persecute the Black Hand, and show that Jungism is above such actions. However, any attack against Hesse would be viewed as an opportunistic and illegal powergrab, and a wrongful attack against those not responsible for the attack. As such the standing army is placed defensively across the Ratian Union, to ensure that this misunderstanding does not beget violence. Of course, there was a very small minority of people who supported such an attack, but they were few and far between. Among the peasantry, misinformation had notably charged many to have a zealous opinion against Catholics. When news reached Thuringia from Rome of the Pope’s speeches calling for violence against Jungists and the destruction of lands in Germany, this further outraged the people of the nation, and was a bit of a slap in the face to the Thuringian government that had promoted peace. Nietzche would remark that he had done what he could to keep the floodgates closed, but if another insult arrived from the Pope it might be the final chip in the wall. Noted extremist and exile Peter Meise would remark that blowing up the College of Cardinals was actually extraordinarily good and the right thing to do. He would publish a book on the subject at some point after the event, writing numerous defenses of the action, chief among them that a rationale for why the attack was a reciprocal and justified counterattack against an invasion the Pope started, and that the Pope as Antichrist should be stomped out at every available avenue by righteous Christians. Granted Meise’s works would not reach Thuringia for a decade after, his book becoming an extremist holy grail hard to come by unless within a select number of secret circles. Perhaps the most potent and scathing opinion of the affair written to the Papacy by a major figure was the rebuttal given by representative Ingo Marx, who wrote the following dissenting opinion: “The legacy of the Pope is violence. When their authority is challenged, the proven, favorite instrument of the deceiver is the act of violence in the form of crusades, inquisitions, and killings, to silence those who wish to rebuild Christianity against his graven image. It was indisputable that Konrad Jung was a peaceful thinker who condemned violence of any kind: that is the foundation of Jungism. Jesus Christ once said, ‘But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.’ (Matthew 5:39–42) It is this doctrine that Jung followed, and that all the Apostles and early church fathers followed, but somewhere along the way this was lost by the Pope; he founded his modern church on a different foundation, not the one that Peter founded his upon. To claim that the Pope is related to Peter would be a great travesty, as it has become clear that the modern Pope is a different institution than what Jesus would recognize, and thus it became in the hands of the reformers to right this egregious masquerade. Likewise, just as the Pope or his adherents murdered the innocent man Jung, they have a continual history of foreign intervention to the detriment of the world and to the complete embarrassment of Christ. The Papacy has supported countless crusades called erroneously in his name; wars of political and sacreligious aggression, contrary to what can be gleaned from the Word of God. In a long train of abuses, comes their most recent act of barbaric pillage: the so-called Thuringian Crusade. In 1492 an army of zealots came to Germany, not to spread the message of the Lord, but to rape and pillage the innocense of the community. It was to the detriment of all that this occurred, from their great killing of innocence, to their destruction of Germany, to their humiliating portrayal of Christianity, which ironically inspired the faithful Jung to begin his journey in the first place. It is your continual embarrassing of the church, Pope Francis, that compelled the people of the world to seek reformation or outright schism. I pray there comes a day when you practice what you preach, and you are informed of the teachings of Christ. When that day comes you will end your disastrous wars of conquest and rule as a non-secular ruler. You will end your centuries long inquisition that has murdered millions of Christians to meet your agenda. You will cease harboring fanatic warriors who seek to spill the blood of your fellow man. Until that day, you cannot expect there to be no resistance to your tyranny, and for groups from all across the religious spectrum to speak out, and should they not be heard, then violence becomes in their mind necessary. Let the alleged plot be a wake up call, that if the Church does not reform, it will be the death of both Jungist and Catholic faiths, and the utter destruction of Europe as a whole, and the diminishing of all of us for the sake of achieving your egotistical reign. Thus, we Jungists continue to condemn all acts of violence from either side, but we cannot act surprised that when the Pope throws the first stone 1,000 times, that one might bounce back in return and graze them.” Ultimately, with all these various opinions floating around, the government would issue a statement that the Pope’s decree that, “Jungism must be declared as dangerous to the peace and all Jungists in their lands must be destroyed, or they can also end being targeted by these killers and liars that call themselves Christians” must be repealed, if to remain in good conscience. The Catholic Church of Germany would likewise issue that the Pope should apologize for such an unchristian outburst.
- Kingdom of France: Having won the battles in Vinland, the rebellion is put down, and those responsible are captured. Additional soldiers arrive in Vinland, garrisoning forts and towns, and ensuring that further rebellion is crushed. As a result of Vinland demonstrating that they cannot be trusted not to attack, the legal status of Vinland is changed to that of a more directly administered territory, with a French governor being appointed. The territory is more strictly monitored, to ensure that they cannot attack France or others again. Aside from this, the administration remains the same.
- Abbasid Caliphate: Before Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman would depart from Syria, word is received about a small army led by what appeared to be a "Warlord from the Empire of the Eternal Snake". Fearing that the war had resumed, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman would lead the disciplined Holy Guard, wrapped in the black bandages of their ancestors in an ode to the Movement of the Men of the Black Raiment, and meets this Warlord north of the city of Homs. Noticing the Warlord to wear an assortment of medals and hierarchal garments, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman assumes this mere "Warlord" to be the renowned Tsar of Russia, Dimitry II. Upon the arrival of Tsar Dimitry II however, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman withdraws the sharp steel of Damascus, holding it to the throat of the Tsar. However, even with the steel of forefathers to the neck of the Dimitry II, the Tsar doesn't even squint, and after minutes of looking into the each other's eyes, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman realizes that they are not so different, putting away his saif. Although different in their presentation, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman realizes that they are the same man only under different banners, and that the removal of these banners would prompt them brothers in arms. Thus, after speaking with the Tsar of Russia about faith, honor, and philosophy, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman allows for Tsar Dimitry II to fulfill his pilgrimage to Jerusalem, ultimately staying in the Palace of Jerusalem once used by the historic and long-forgotten Al-Najm II. The Treaty of Jerusalem is signed in good faith at some point during this time as well. Meanwhile, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman receives word on the Pact of Two Romes being declared, and becomes displeased about it, for if these "Romans" were to break the treaty and invade, the Caliphate will be helpless for eternity. Sifting through the personal records of former Caliphs, Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman sends the his trusted diplomat, Suleiman, to negotiate an alliance with the Kingdom of France, to restore the alliance that helped paved the way for the Abbasid dynasty during the decline of the Banu Umayya. [French Response Needed]. The end of the war marks the end of primary conflicts in the early years of the Caliphate and the transition toward intellectual discussion, with the influx of various cultures now procuring the arts and literature. For the first time in centuries, the Shi'ites and Sunnis of Islam fought side-by-side, and with the annexation of Shi'ite territory in Iraq, this sort of amicable relations between both sects would be seen as a primary cause for the decline of the Taymiyyah sect and the rise for more humanist philosophy in Islam. This transition from more radical Sunnism to more humanist ideals would be emphasized in the works of Mohamed ibn Abdul ibn Majid al-Nasir, who would argue that "... for it is necessary that followers of the Prophet Muhammad act rational and are capable of attaining happiness through knowledge, reason and education". Mohamed al-Nasir would become popular across Egypt after the publication of his essay النَفَس ("Soul Food"), with the name likely inspired by his time travelling through Ayutthaya.
- Celtic Confederacy: The Irish civil war continues, with the arrival of 2,000 Scottish forces in Ulster to support the royalists. The Loyalists continue to besiege the O’Neill and MacDonnells lands, forcing them to focus on Ulster well the Irish rebels begin marching into Leinster. Although they march far, at the battle of Kilkenny, they are defeated by the superior Loyalist forces and pushed back. This allows the Scottish-reinforced Royalists to take enough time to fully besiege and take the rebel lands in Ulster and force the O’Neill and MacDonnells, and this forces them to flee to Connaught, leading to a major reinforcement of the rebel forces in the south of Ireland, and the full reinforcement of Munster. However, with the fall of the rest of Ulster into the hands of the Loyalists, and their increasing advance into central Ireland, they begin to seriously consider abandoning Connaught and focusing on the reinforcement of Munster, the center of the Irish Rebellion, rather than trying to undertake the doomed endeavor of defending the entire huge wide front they have to face if they wish to defeat the royalists. This leads to the beginning of an evacuation of Connaught by rebel and Protestant forces, and although Wilde objects due to the majority of his fillers being initially located their, the mass evacuation of Protestants to Munster silences this, and the Protestants begin to take in an increasingly huge amount of power within the Munster rebellion. Wilde takes an increasing role in the running of Munster and it increasingly begins to become clear that the Protestants have no intention of allowing Catholics to continue existing in Ireland. The Earl of Desmond, Cathal Fitzgerald (a Hiberno-Norman) takes up the role of High King, and is backed up by the Protestants, who begin taking much huger role in the running of the Irish rebels, with the small noble family's that initially proved such a huge role in backing it initially, finding themselves increasingly sidelined and the Protestants taking more and more of a role in it. The Forces of “King” Cathal also invade and seize control over the lands of the Mcarthy Mór, bringing all of Munster under his control. There are also an increasing amount of forced conversions and seizure of church properties in Munster, as the Protestants start to take full control of the rebels. This enraged both King Kenneth, and the Irish nobility who sided with the loyalists, with Kenneth going on a long, blistering rant completely condemning the Protestants and their perfidy, saying that as long as they continue to exist In the world, the world will never be safe for the true Christians and those who support them, as the Protestants are truly evil and will always seize tyrannical control from gods rightful rulers. Although this is more provoked by the anger and frustration of the king, it will continue to influence Celtic policy for a long time after this, with the long after this Neo-Zelanti movment often using it as a speech justifying their AntiProtestant racialist policies.
- Grand Duchy of All Bavaria: Business continues as normal as Duke George and his wife have their third son, Albert. (Previously had Otto and John.) Much like his father, Geroge is known for having tight control over his nobles, especially after his marriage to a noble's daughter almost a decade ago. This means the nobility remains relatively centralized, with taxes and the military still fully controlled by the Grad Duke himself, and the latitude of the nobles tightly constrained by the edict of 1498. Similarly, George has maintained the same record keep apparatus as his father, while also preserving the center of military power in Munich. Jungism is now fully entrenched in Bavaria, with the clergy completely replaced and the few raminging vestiges of the Catholic church dissolved. George continues to follow in his father's footsteps with the industrial development of Munich and the effective administration of his Duchy, including an effective tax structure that makes Bavaria's royal treasury swell. George uses limited deployment of the military as a way to cool tensions between Catholics and Jungists in Bavaria, trying to stop the sides from attacking each other, and making sure the Catholics stay in line.
- Kingdom of England: King Edward IX of England continues to focus on his goal of having England reach Meridia in his lifetime. He continues to have the royal navy shipyards at Bristol and Portsmouth construct ships intended for long-distance oceanic journeys. King Edward IX also consults with several nobles of regions with ports, including his brother William Beaufort, 1st Duke of Exeter; Philip Courtenay, 3rd Earl of Bristol; Henrietta Grey, 4th Marchioness of Dorset; Thomas Colonna, 1st Earl of Southampton; and John Tuchet, 1st Duke of Cornwall; and together with these nobles the King sets up the Royal English Trading and Exploration Company (RETEC), inspired by the organisational structures of Lotharingia's KWAC and the Hanseatic League, intended to help England reach Meridia. In contrast to the King, the English Parliament continues to pay close attention to the tensions between the Papacy and several German states, and the Parliament keeps a contingent of soldiers near the ports in the southeast of the nation in case it appears the Papal States needs military aid. However, no soldiers are deployed overseas yet, and the soldiers gathered by the Parliament this year work on improving the fortifications of Chelmsford and Maidstone, the county towns of Essex and Kent respectively. The English Parliament also funds the expansion and improvement of a number of cattle farms in order to improve the food supply in the nation. Meanwhile, despite receiving minimal support from other former Yorkists, Edward of York, 2nd Duke of Clarence continues to pursue his claim that he should have been the successor of King Henry VIII and not Edward Beaufort. Along with a quite small group of soldiers, he retreats to Yorkshire, where several pro-Edward IX nobles such as the King's brother Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Lancaster and Ralph Neville, 4th Earl of Westmorland pay close attention to his actions. In May of 1536, two children of Thomas Boleyn, 1st Earl of Leicester, George and Anne, both receive strange nightmarish visions. Anne recovers under the care of her husband Reginald Courtenay, but George (~1504-1536) dies after falling down a staircase in a panic, making his son Thomas (b. 1531) the heir to the Earldom of Leicester. After the English clergy receive news of the conclusions of the Roman investigators about the visions of Elizabeth Barton, including the proclamation of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, several groups of monks and nuns around Canterbury Cathedral begin manufacturing medallions based on the details of the vision of Elizabeth Barton. Dorothy of York and King Llywelyn of Wales have their first child, a son named Myrddin (b. 1536); Blanche Neville and Henry Borgburg have their first child, a daughter named Elizabeth (b. 1536) in honour of Blanche's mother; and Edward Stafford, 3rd Earl of Wiltshire and Ursula Pole have their third child, a daughter named Anne (b. 1536). Tragically, Jane Beaufort (1532-1536), daughter of Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Lancaster and Mary Dacre, dies of a disease. John Howard (b. 1517), the second son of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk, joins the English branch of the Society of Jesus.
- Hanseatic League: This is the ninth full year of Peter Burkhart's (b. 1499) reign. He has a younger sister, Josephine Burkhart (b. 1502), married to Adolf Welling of Hamburg (b. 1496); a younger brother, Henry Burkhart (b. 1512) who is married to Zillah of Hesse (b. 1514); a younger sister, Matilda Burkhart (b. 1514) who is married to Henry de la Mark; and a younger brother, Jacob Burkhart (b. 1519), who is not currently betrothed. Should Peter Burkhart pass away, an election will take place in Lübeck to determine the next Grand Mayor. Though the Burkhart family has run the League in a way resembling feudal lords, Henry Burkhart has yet to prove himself and Jacob would almost certainly not be elected, as he is only 16. Jacob Burkhart is proposed to Eleanor Courtenay of England (b.1525)(English Response needed). In the meantime, Peter Burkhart continues to search for an heir, though his scandal with Catherine of Guelph is causing more than a few rejected proposals within the Hanseatic League. He instead intends to marry outside of the League, hoping that his suitor has not heard of the Guelph scandal. It is around this time that the mayors of Danzig and Griefswold have a falling out. Unknown to much of the public and only speculated upon by later historians, the two men were frequently seen together during meetings of the Society of the Compass and were speculated to be lovers. A quarrel during the latest Society of the Compass, which is also reported to have involved "brotherly love betrayed," around this year seems to match with the two. A drastic change in trade agreements between the two seems to erupt around the same time. Rumors of this dramatic falling out are only spread among the upper class (and those who were at the secretive meetings), but for those in the know this is all they can talk about. This takes attention off the Guelph scandal, at least for a time, until Catherine de Guelph is pregnant with child. Once again, the rumors spread, leading to a rivalry between House Hanover and the Burkharts. Ludwig Hanover, who is married to Catherine Guelph, was childhood friends with Peter Burkhart. By now, the rumors involving the latter two have gotten to Ludwig (or he knows something), and a change in policy between the Hanovers and the Burkharts begins to arise. This is made complicated by the calls for inquisition throughout the Catholic World. By this point, the Hanseatic League has already conducted an inquisition, around the 1510s. By this point, this round of inquisitions has largely petered out. The Pope's call for an inquisition leads to the Second Northern German Inquisition. This time, it is centered around Münster and Osnabrück. This marks another year of religious tension in Münster; already, folks who participated in the Münster revolt of 1535 were hanged and a witch trial seemed to snowball out of that movement. Once again, the Knights Templar arrives in droves to the Western Hanseatic League. Peter Burkhart is said to have gone through a period of not grooming himself or appearing in public, save for a few occasions. He is instead overseeing the construction of a massive galleon in Kiel. Dubbed Fichtengans (Spruce Goose) by detractors, it is said to be one of the largest galleons ever attempted, and the largest one in the Baltic. In truth, he is having a nervous breakdown, fearing the Inquisition. The trouble in Münster leads to a massive migration out of the city. Though many scatter to other Hanseatic cities, a wave of Starkists flees the Hanseatic League for Thuringia. Another wave flees Europe entirely, landing in New Hanover. The New World appears to have more tolerant religious practices, and many Jungists become interested in teaching the locals the word of God. The League has had resounding success in the West Indies teaching people the basics of German. Now, it wishes to spread Christianity, regardless of doctrine.
- English diplomacy: King Edward IX approves the marriage proposal.
Sazan Kolonja a relatively bright Albanian noble, approaches the Skanderbeg ruling dynasty offering up a fool proof plan to retake northern Albania from the Serbian empire. Pallazg Skanderbeg hears out Sazan and is pleased with what he hears. Being relatively manpower poor but having amassed a small fortune personally, Pallazg hired 2,000 mercenaries to augment his forces. nearly 13,000 Albanian forces and the 2,000 strong mercenary company are sent north into Serbia inflicting a series of stunning defeats on the local Serbian garrisons securing much of Northern Albania and parts of Kosovo. Borislav Tasic the current king of Serbia-Bulgaria responds in an overwhelming show of force marching an army of nearly 40,000 to defeat Sazan and secure Albania once and for all. They plan to campaign and crush him the next year.
Queen Joan of France dies of natural causes. Her husband, Jaromir/John II, claims the right to now be the sole monarch of France, but on the basis of the agreement between the French nobility and Bohemia made circa 1520, the majority of French nobility instead demand that one of Joan and Jaromir's sons (Henry, Charles, Louis) be made the monarch and that the ties between the French and Bohemian thrones should now end.
The reformed faith of Kurt Kafka becomes increasingly popular in southern Germany, with the Count of Bresgau becoming one of the first major leaders to formally convert. A conflict breaks out in the Swiss Confederacy, when St. Gallen and Thurgau declares the Reformed faith their state religion, leading to condemnation from other cantons.
A rebellion breaks out in southern Sweden, as a group of peasants in Västergötland protest the nation's high taxes and continued protestantization. Despite this, Sweden begins to undertake major reform of its military, despite the high cost to pursue this goal.
The work of various nations to persecute the Black Hand leads to several leaders being arrested in central Germany. Despite the claim that the group was a Catholic order, this does not convince most Catholics in central Europe, and religious violence breaks out, especially in western Germany and northern Italy.
The seizure of church property across Ireland helps to augment the treasury of King Cathal, with the dramatic amount of funds raised going toward better equipping the rebel army and contracting mercenaries.
the UJRR suffers massive internal strife as a famine strikes the region. This is exacerbated by a surprising Catholic-Jungist peasant conflict within the region led by Catholics colloquially known as "closet Catholics" which showcases a clear lack of damage control from the central government. Prompt support of Bohemian Catholic nobles help entrench these Catholics in the country creating a serious lack of control over Catholic majority areas in the UJRR.
In Central Asia, the young but impressionable Khan Abu Sa'id bin Kochkunju of Bukhara begins a campaign to consolidate the khanates of Central Asia after being inspired by the stories he was told as a child about Babur al-Mo'h's campaign of savagery across India. Thus, he marches on Khiva while rallying the Turkmen of the West for his cause in pillage and plunder.
In Saxony, Clementia of Thuringia (1458-1537), the widow of Duke Edmund Alwin, dies of a disease.
In Florence, Agnes of Wittelsbach (1470-1537), the widow of Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici, dies of natural causes.
- Saxony: Henry de la Marck (b. 1507) has a daughter, named Sibella. Meanwhile, a painting is produced in Saxony but an unknown artist, known as the "Tower in the Sky." Popular Saxon Singer, Wilhelm Jekyll writes and popularizes a song, known as "Back in the UJRR", as Saxony enters the Rätian Union. Wolfgang, the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony, attempts to placate the Catholics over the failed Gunpowder Plot (also known as the Popish Plot), but Peter Meise II, self-proclaimed Bishop of Finland, Patriarch of the Eastern Jungist Church,
and the ruler of the Oldenburg Commune,as well as founder and leader of the Anti-Catholic League (ANTICA), declares passionately from somewhere in Finland, that the Pope must be wiped from the face of the Earth. He utters the now-famous line, addressed to the common man: "Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world like a Colossus, and we petty men walk under his huge legs and peep about to find ourselves dishonourable graves." He urges the people of the world to go on a "crusade against the Antichrist, to prop up his head beside the Pike's" (the Pike referring poetically to the late Pope Lucius). Meanwhile, on a happier note, Wolfgang the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony hears Jungists are being freely welcomed, unpersecuted, into Meridia. He requests a number of state-sponsored Jungists go aboard on the next Hanseatic voyage to help spread the Good Word amongst the people of the New World. (Hanseatic Response). Meanwhile, Peter Meise escpaes Finland, suspecting that the Russian Secret Police will be after him before long, and travels back to somewhere in Germany. In response to Meise's ANTICA movement, an ultra-Catholic organisation is foundede in Saxe-Jessen, known as the Jessen League, or Jessenbund (a play on Wolfenbund). Wolfgang attempts to perscute them but his brother Edmund refuses to let him do so. Wolfgang therefore prevents them from expanding out of Jessen. After a good harvest this year, Saxony is prospering. Shadrach de la Marck's business (one of the richest in Europe) has been partially inherited by his cousin the Duke.
- Oldenburg commune no longer exists and the revolt was crushed the year it happened.
- Roman Empire: Having arrived in Albania late in 1536, Kaisar-Autokrat Andronikos VI witnessed first hand the Albanian army as it assembled early in 1537. Deeply impressed with its general, Sazan Kolonja, he approaches Pallazg Skanderbeg early in 1537 with a message. The Roman Empire, guarantor and protector of the Albanian People and their rightful King Pallazg I Skanderbeg, shall march with them against Serbia. Returning from Albania, the 24,000 strong army is reinforced by four additional themata from across Hellas. In total 48,000 men under Strategos Alexandros Tagaris will fight under the Roman banner in this expedition. These men rally at Thessaloniki before marching east to Burgas. Here they rest for three days before launching a surprise invasion of Bulgaria, in personal union with Serbia. With the Serbo-Bulgarian Army assembling far to the west in Belgrade the Roman forces demolish the limited resistance. A blockade is established around Varna with 40 warships. The city is then put to siege by a second smaller army of 12,000 men led by Strategos Manuel Hasapis. With Varna under siege, the main host marches north to the Bulgarian capital to face whatever army the Bulgarian nobles can muster. Upon arriving at Tarnovo, the Bulgarians are offered a deal, they and their property shall be spared and their lands not infringed upon should they rise up in revolt, join the Roman Army against Serbia, and agree to pay tribute to the Roman Empire. It is made clear that any failure to comply will result in the complete destruction of their way of life and the full force of the Roman Empire. (Mod Response for Bulgarian Revolt and Tributary or Algo). (More to come based on the Bulgarian’s decision).
- About half of the Bulgarian nobles agree to the Roman Empire's deal and elect their own king, while the rest of the nobles refuse and try to defend Tarnovo from the Roman Army.
- Roman Empire Continued: The decision by roughly half of the Bulgarian nobility not to surrender is disheartening. The new Bulgarian Tsar, Stefan Makarov, is crowned and rallies what men he can to secure his new country, but not before swearing allegiance to Kaisar-Autokrat Andronikos VI. Tsar Stefan Makarov’s first move is to secure Varna. His army, numbering in the few thousands, arrives outside the city at the Roman siege camp. He sends messengers ahead to inform Strategos Hasapis of the events and offers him this plan: the Roman and Bulgarian “battle” resulting in a Roman defeat, and then the victorious Bulgarian Army marches into the city, opens the gates, and lets the Romans occupy it to secure it for the new Tsar. (Mod Response for success). If the city accepts Tsar Stefan Makarov, Strategos Hasapis and his two Themata march west to Sofia, the last main Bulgarian city. Otherwise they remain encamped around the city. His army of 12,000 men lay siege to the city, setting up an encirclement and siege guns to force it to surrender. (Algo, Please, for either Varna or Plovdiv). To the north, Tarnovo is surrounded, and siege guns are erected on the high ground around the central fortress. With most of their forces away to the west assembling to fight the Serbians, those few thousand that defend the city are shelled mercilessly and the 12th century vintage stronghold suffers terribly under the rain of shot. (Algo for the siege of Tarnovo).
- Varna Falls (19/20) done by Dren. -Steph.
- Kingdom of France: On account of their mutual enemy currently engaged in a civil war, France decided to send Cathal of Ireland an alliance, and in a surprise move dispatched
13,590 soldiersand the French fleet to covertly land these forces in Munster in friendly territory, then march inland and fight alongside the Irish toward independence. This army does not amphibiously assault the Scottish directly, rather it secretly lands in Irish held territory and rendezvous with the native Irish. The French will remain on the defensive, bringing with them a large number of siege weapons, cavalry, and equipment for the Irish to use. As Munster is firmly in the control of the Irish, the French army will position itself in Munster between the River Shannon and River Siur, garrisoning the Silvermines high ground. This means that any attack will need to cross either one of the rivers and/or attack up higher ground. Elsewhere the army remains raised and defends various fortresses along each border and the coast. It is noted this is not a war of conquest, but a war in support of Ireland. Likewise the nation and the nobility remains angry at the Celts for their interference in France on countless occasions, their support for past rebels, and their recent attack against the French fleet near Vinland. England is invited to likewise invade the Celtic alliance, and they would seek to liberate Wales and other territories. (England response needed). The nation would also seek better relations with neighboring nations such as Arles-Burgundy, and a marriage alliance was proposed to them (Arles response needed).The arrangement the nobles gave with the monarchs (“The semi-personal union between Bohemia and France shall persist for the duration of the current reign of the reigning king and queen. However, the union shall dissolve after this generation following gavelkind succession, and given to one of John II's children”) is followed precisely: one child becomes the heir apparent to Bohemia, and another to France. To further placate the nobles, Charles IV is crowned as King of France. It is likely his father will retire soon from public life entirely, anyway. A series of garrisons totalling some 2,000 French soldiers remains in Vinland, Hytholoday, and the various other possessions to secure that territory.
- A marriage alone would be fine but not a marriage alliance. With France having an outstanding claim to the Duchy of Burgundy it would preclude any alliance or relations above barely tolerated between the two nations -Feud
- 'Tsardom of Russia: Throughout the year the aging Tsar Dimitry II stays in Jerusalem in the company of Caliph Al-Abduk rahman as his guest. Throughout the year the two men of faith engage a great many debates ranging from philosophy and the works of the Ancients, to the theological disparities between the Orthodox and thr Sunni faith. Tsar Dimitry II speaks to the Caliph of their respective accomplishments, but not in the way that men speak of these deeds as if they are the thing of legends, rather the engage as one man who let the rivers run red with the blood of thousands if not millions to another, the concept of sin, and redemption comes up multiple over the months. Tsar Dimitry II comes out of these great man exchanges a humbled soul which is best seen when the Great and powerful Autocrat of the Rus' falls to his knees in tearful prayer upon walking the same steps of Jesus along the Via Dolorosa. toward the end of the Year the Tsar finally departs from the Holy Land leaving with the Caliph some exotic pelts, A fine tapestry from Novgorod depicting the Archangel Gabriel and several pieces of Russian literature including the works of Kniaz NIkolay Turgenev (The Tsar" "The Sword, The Cross, and the Crown) as a final parting gift to the Caliph, One of the few men Dimitry II will likely ever consider a friend and equal in this lifetime, and quite possibly the next. The Tsar takes with him a great many trinkets and oddities of the Holy Land as gifts for his family and courtiers. 'On his way back to Russia Dimitry II ponders on his life once more and finally at peace he makes a vow to god to live out his final years in a godly manner, and he praises the lord for allowing him the blessing of being able to see his children, and grandchildren, and above all else, his beloved Tsarina once more. Passing through the Caucasus, the Tsar makes a brief stop to visit the brother-in-law of his son, Nathan king of Georgia whom he stays atcourt with briefly to further open up future cooperation and trade with the Georgian Empire. He also leaves with the King a sword bearing the Rurik seal on it with an inscription that says the following: "Rule justly but sternly, live in a godly manner and be true" in Greek and Russian. Following this, the Tsar finally crosses into his domains reaching Kiev by November. Upon arriving the old bear is greeted joyfully by the Tsarina and by much of the Russian court which has been rife with rumors and curiousity since it was discovered that Dimitry II was staying in the company of Muslims in the Holy Land, many even saying that the Tsar had converted to Islam though this clearly proves false upon. While the Tsar has been away Nikolay and a recently returned Konstantin have been running the day to day of the empire with Konstantin focusing primarily on improving the revenues of the crown through a number of new projects and investments planned with the Greeks andGermans including An idea to build a canal connecting the Don to the Volga, Sending envoys to the Hansa and Conastantinople to raise capital for such a project. Envoys are also sent around Europe to begin looking for suitable matches for Vasilly (1522), Mikhail (1523), Elizabeth (1525), and Yaroslav (1528), in particular sending an envoy to the Holy Roman Emperor, and to the court of Stephan of Moldavia to see if he would have a suitable match. (mod or players response needed). Expanison into the frontiers continue with Rus' and Finn trappers starting to move into the Kola Peninsula and Saami lands in search of pelts, and for lumber. News of a foreign agent claiming to be the Patriarch of the Eastern Church and the Bishop of Finland has come to the Attention of the Pravaya Ruka (Right Hand) who investigate the disturbance and should they discover the location of this Peter Messe II they shall torture him for information on who sent him and then dispose of him. (RNG, Please). Despite the initial failure to detect the whereabouts of Peter Meise will be found eventually. Kniaz Vadim Gregarin the nephew of the Patriarch Boris Gregarin is put in charge of this mission having recently returned from campaign in Tabriz, once an embarrassement to his uncle and family, Vadim is now a veteran and one of Tsar Dimitry II most loyal followers. He is tasked with flushing out the Peter Meise searching amongst the german communities in Finland and Neva to determine where he is, or if they can find any traces of him. In the Governate of Tatarstan Kniaz Aleksei Volkhov and his son Sergey Volkhov (1523) are finally able to uncover the location of a town of recent arrivals from Hungary and The Holy Rman empire who have a church filled with the skeletal remains of people some of them with them without ribs which raise the red flags for the agents of the Pravaya Ruka. Aleksei leads a raiding partry which upon arrival discover the town of Gora abandoned. They torch the town and several priests are sent to pray for all the lost souls. Aleksei also orders several raids into Kazakh territory during the campaigning season with several bands of Cossack raiders numbering some 3,000 in total sacking the Kazakhi villages in the frontier region of the lands of the former khanates of Noghay, and Astrahkan. attacknig quickly and pulling back behind the forts along the Volga (Algo Needed).
- Belgian Dip: King John VI offers his daughter Elina's hand in mariage toward Vasilly, and he is also curious on a wedding between Elizabeth and Hendrick. Both Elina and Hendrick being born in 1423 as they are in fact, twins.
- Russian Dip: Tsar Dimitry II and Kniaz Konstantin both agree to the arrangements. However, in the case of Elina, it will be required that she convert to the Orthodox church.
- Papal States: Pope Francis, the cardinals and the Roman Curia don’t believe in this blatant false investigation. The official Catholic version about the Jungist plot (the Catholic name for this dastardly plot made by these Satanists and blasphemous that have the audacity to call themselves Christians) is that the Black Hand is a radical Jungist group and they tried to assassinate the College of Cardinals. Since their plot failed, the leaders of Jungist nations manipulated the investigations of Primate Martin Breuer in an attempt to protect their little assassins by accusing the Catholics. This is why they never delivered the criminals to the Papal States as the pope requested. However, some radical members of the Zelanti faction believe that Martin Breuer wasn’t manipulated, but is a crypto-Jungist and is helping them to fabricate this absurd plot. A rumor spread between Catholics that Konrad Jung was assassinated by radical Jungists in an attempt to blame the Catholics and to create a martyr. Due to the threat of crypto-Protestantism, Pope Francis issues the bull Cum ex apostolatus officio. The bull is a codification of the ancient Catholic law saying that only Catholics can be elected Popes, to the exclusion of non-Catholics, including former Catholics who have become public and manifest heretics and those suspects of heresy. Pope Francis publicly condemns the teachings of Kurt Kafka. All books and works made by Kafka and his associates are declared heretical and placed in the Index Librorum Prohibitorum. The Inquisition continues to be strengthened, several heretical books are burned. Trials of the Inquisition continue to happen with the pope presiding over them. Pope Francis and the College of Cardinals consider the famine in the UJRR as God’s punishment against the heretics and their blasphemy. The pope gives total support to Catholic rebels and praises as heroes the Catholic nobles from Bohemia for supporting them. The pope writes to all Catholic nations in Germany, exhorting them to form a Catholic League to help their fellow Catholics being oppressed by the heretics. Severino Vecera becomes professor of Natural Theology in Saint Augustine’s University. His concept of “inferior” creatures became popular. In discussions about his ideas, some scholars start to think that similar creatures can disappear. They use the example of the lions that ancient authors such as Homer and Pliny said to have lived in Europe. They believe that the European lions were “inferior” to the African lions and due to this God allowed them to disappear. With the help of the Russian agents sent by the Tzar last year, the Oculi Dei is formed. Their function is the same of Russian Pravaya Ruka, suppress foreign agents and internal dissidents. The methods taught by the Russians are also adopted. Due to his help in stablishing the Oculi Dei and his participation in Trabiz, Tzar Dmitri II is saw with great admiration by the pope and other Zelanti clerics. Some even consider him a Christian hero due to his fight against the Muslims. Pope Francis continues with his reforms. He decrees that monks, bishops and clerics can’t leave their monateries, dioceses and parishes without permission. Those who had left will be expelled from his position and imprisoned. The pope will no longer tolerate the practice by which one man had been allowed to enjoy the revenues of an office while delegating its duties to another. Ferdinand Asburgo Della Rovere dies this year and is buried in the Asburgo Mausoleum in Poggio Miterto. He is replaced as Lord of Viterbo by his son, Maximilian.
- Republic of Ancona: The disputes between the Zelanti and the Spirituali factions of the Elders continue. The Zelanti, led by Henry (or Enrico) Asburgo Della Rovere continue to support the decisions of Pope Francis against Jews and Protestants. The Spirituali, led by Gioberto Matarazzo, continue trying to oppose it. The New Christian merchants in the Republic continue to be targeted by the population.
- Empire of Japan: As a result of expanding territory in the Azuma Islands, a Civil administration is created in Fort Koba to help manage the outflow of tribute to China via the standing agreements made in the Archipeligo of any territories falling underneath Japan as vassals who still pay tribute to China. This administration is to differentiate the trade and vassal taxes extracted from Tondo and the Igorots from the tribute to china and is to also maintain civil relations between the two states and Japan proper. As the evaluation of the material and trade wealth continues it becomes abundantly clear that Tondo was the outright main distributor for any and all Chinese and Japanese goods flowing into the Archipeligo which had made Tondo a relatively wealthy state. This activity is clearly assumed by now Japanese merchants and a few favored Tondo trade families which had already been heavily associated with Japanese and Chinese traders in the region. The remainder are offset from the distribution trade and the reorganization to turn a profit in the Azuma islands begins. While it's expected to take a few years to assume all the trade connections across the entire Archipeligo this definitively puts Japan as the most dominant trading power in the region for the first time having been a distant 3rd in comparison to pre subjugation Tondo and the Still independent Maynila. Most of Northern Samar island is also fully secured by Imperial troops and a small but notable profit is turned from taxation in the region providing access to high quality goods on a relatively cheap basis for the natives in the region to justify the taxation policies. After years of evaluating the Sarawak concession and Kuching proper, the city is designated a clear cut free trade zone and taxation is kept to a minimum essentially in an attempt to marshall much of the regional trade and center as much of it as possible on the city of Kuching rather than cities in Java and Southeast Asia. Its not expected to be a wildly successful venture for years to come but the basis of trade having been established over the years in Kuching, and the centralization of many Japanese trade practices in Kuchin by the Zaibatsu and lesser trade guilds gives some credence toward establishing the city as a growing trade zone in the region. The Imperial army finally sees the return of many of its troops from abroad in Samar and Tondo with the 2,000-strong Kensei regiment under the Japanese Kensei grand master Akechi Masamune essentially acting as the regional quick reaction force for Japanese interests. After a rough winter this year, The settlement of Sugi requires a bailout to keep the small settlement afloat. Its failure is attributed to the settlements governor and his charter is revoked and awarded to Kenenaitzu's governor who has overseen relative stability and grown in Arasakuran settlement. The shipments of furs and now a small but growing lumber industry gives some legitimacy in more investment being put into the region, specifically as the wood in particular is highly coveted for its hard properties and ability to be used in everything from city building to military shipbuilding.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di" The lake of youth called Lake Walaka discovery Damiaen Groot decides to make another small fortres called Damiaenburght (OTL Welaka). This camp being more aimed at ensuring that The RHC and his men specifically can have acces to the small lake. Groot planninng connected the rivers and making a road from the southern tip of zandbroek, this is also desired as to make sure RHC influence is kept and that the tribes keep trade flowing from their peninsula to Palmstrand and the rest of the hemelse strand eilanden. As Hunting, fishery and agricultural cultivation, the cultivation of Both Banana's and sugar cane, Sugar being one of the most desired goods in Europe. This comes from both the difficulty of getting it and how much of the crop can be gotten per square mile of land, the crop also being intensive on labour with very bad conditions for even the most lucky of man. Thus the solution for this problem is mostly the use of low pay or even slave labour of natives, these being the Taino which since European arrival have had many cases of disease and death. This making the population not only poorer and poorer this makes them unable to resist the those who need their labour, as by many they aren't seen as a gift from God to be exploited for their own gains. As the Taino are seen as having rejected Gods messenge and having gone wild and barbaric, and that their enslavement is their punishment for these actions. Thus great amounts of the taino's on the Hemelstrand islands are forced to work for the small existing plantions and in woodcutting and other heavy labour this amounting to up to 5,000 of the possible 10,000 remaining taino. The men to weak to resist and technologically unable to resist the Punaisier and pikes this togheter with disease makes them not integral to RHC economoy. Their labour at the sugar cane farms helpign to get Europe and the merchants themself some molasses, this being a very sweet liquid made from the juices of sugarcane. While In Belgia Paul Dekremer begins to gain in number as many of the soldiers of Bonen, Atrecht and Rysel officialy join his army. This swelling his forces a lot his army being nearly 20,000 big while Willem de zwijger also gains small amounts of troops. These Catholics mostly coming from the region of zeeland as the Belgian navy once more surrounds its water thus giving fear but also a feeling of being trapped and endangered. Willems army not counting 4,000 men all of them devout Catholics who want to not only restore Catholicism but remove the Belgian church and their so called herery. The men raising the so called Utrecht Kruis a Red white banned with a cross and the Motto liever hel op aard en hemel bij den dood.
- Kingdom of Portugal: King Sebastian is coronated at the royal cathedral in Porto,which is unusual as most coronations take place is Lisboa. He issues a royal decree to make sure that all new houses shall have a hardened base to stand on. This is done in an effort to prevent large damage to Lisboa and Porto in any further earthquakes. After his coronation, the king goes on a royal tour of all the colonies starting in Gordes and ending on Mauritius where he meets with the local governor. In Zanzibar the local commander comes under scrutiny after a Portuguese official is killed by an angry mob proesting Portugal's presence there. The king sees this as a dangerous act and orders an additional 200 soldiers to be sent to fort Lisboa in Zanzibar.
- Jungist Räterepublic of Thuringia: The arrival of a famine in parts of the Rätian Union comes as a surprise to the nation, and leading members of the nation try to understand the causes of it. It is noted that the famine is stated to only affect the nation specifically and not its neighbors, leading the government to find disease and climate considerations implausible. Instead it is wagered that the famine is chiefly a result of several man-made factors. Firstly, it is notable that parts of the Rätian Union previous to this had experienced a major boom in population, especially as Thuringia recovered from a brief decline in the late 15th century as a consequence of the Catholic crusade, influenced also by the introduction of changes to the family unit brought on by the introduction of Jungism, which saw families grow exponentially and perhaps beyond the manageable level of the government. Secondly, it is noted that several territories had been recently and hastily incorporated into the union after the death of Hugh the Heir, and these territories had experienced several years of devastating conflict. And so it was speculated that the damage done to the Franconia region, paired with the lack of infrastructure built by the Union on account of only recently acquired the land, is what led to the famine—this was a leading factor considering the famine appeared to be largely in the south of the nation, not in the province of Thuringia, for example. And lastly there was a highly contentious point made within the government, that the famine had been purposely caused or influenced maliciously by Catholic dissidents. There was a limited amount of evidence pointing to this theory, but it ultimately was the one the population fixated upon in large part, especially in wake of the fact that strangely famine had specifically, if not strategically, befallen the Union and none of its Catholic neighbors. On the subject of Catholics or Crypto-Catholics, historians believe the population of Catholics, hidden or otherwise, was essentially zero in the core territories of the Union like Thuringia. This is confounded by the fact that in the earlier war with Bohemia, in which the Emperor occupied large portions of the future Union, at a time when it would have made sense for Catholics to aid the Emperor or contact him in some way, there was no record of any such uprising or incident, from either Thuringian or Bohemian sources. Likewise, historians would note that there was no mention of any Catholics in Thuringia until the late 1600s, when Italian merchants settled in the region for the first time, and could not report to find any similar communities. However, the case was much different in other, newer provinces of the union, such as Franconia. The Duchy of Bayreuth had been officially Catholic until only a few years ago, and as such essentially all of the Catholics present within the Union were present there, aside from a few exceptions: a notable minority in the city of Nuremberg, a large concentration in Bamberg, and a minority in the lands of Edmund of Saxe-Jessen, perhaps one of the only Catholic nobles existent in the Union. As such, notable Jungist-Catholic sectarian violence, and the ensuing famine, was effectively only in Franconia. The outbreak of violence is often looked upon as another phase in the long Bayreuther conflict; the death of Hugh the Heir had left a power vacuum, which had not yet been filled, making conflict inevitable and planned at this time even before the famine. Likewise, Bayreuth had been for most of its history a Bohemian vassal, and a state largely supported by Bohemia through military intervention, leading to their involvement once more not being surprising. The issue would galvanize the nation, with a radical Marxist statesman named Rudolf Stern being elected. Under his leadership military action would be called to assert the claim of one of Hugh’s heirs to Bayreuth, and put down Catholic uprisings in Franconia as a whole. However numerous political developments would occur as well. As had been prevalent since the 1510s, the provinces had begun a transition away from a pecuniary taxation system, with citizens contributing to the government in the form of regular labor and service, and a portion of produce created. This policy had enabled the building of new infrastructure across Thuringia for the purpose of alleviating famine; supply depots, common areas, and communal stores of resources allowed for increased and more productive allotment of agricultural yield. However, a fault within the system would be exposed during the Franconia Crisis, as it became clear this system was not yet equally implemented outside Thuringia, and with an outbreak of rebellion, workers were instead paying their service in the form of military service, and fighting prevented large-scale construction. Additionally, the Stern Government attempted to expand the Nahrungsmittelverteilung (“food appropriation”) principle, that allowed the government to collect a certain amount of food annually from the peasantry, to ship relief to the southern provinces. Although this worked to some degree, extended food confiscation became controversial, as Thuringians feared the effects of the famine spreading to them if they continued to prop up downtrodden regions. This would culminate in the Ebern Protest, in which 900 armed peasants refused to comply with appropriation orders. The revolt would be suppressed, but in the wake of such an event the Stern Government decided to suspend the appropriations. In its wake Stern would create the New Economic Policy, as a set of guidelines to improve economic conditions in the following years. The most tangible effect of the policy was the gradual but temporary weakening of mercantile control over trade, the diminishing of tariffs, the legalization of surplus selling on the open market, and the dehalting of enclosure. This measure would be vastly controversial within the leadership of the government, but Stern argued it was a regrettable but necessary measure in order to combat the crisis, which would be repealed once the positive effects of such a thing had been quickly exhausted. Furthermore, increased scrutiny in conversions from Catholicism were considered, with harsher punishments for illegal Catholicism also considered. Prior to this, and further giving credence to the claim that Crypto-Catholicism was likely non-existent in Thuringia, the primary issue on the minds of theologians and government officials was not Catholicism but rather Crypto-Kafkaism, as it was believed that Reformed tendencies were beginning to seep into the Union. In regards to Catholicism and the Papal States, the nation was disappointed that the Pope had failed to respond to any of the reconcilary measures done by the government, and had continued to ignore the delegation sent to Rome. To call Jungists continued, unfounded profanities, often only emboldened Reformers; they noted the Pope’s short temper, frequent use of Unchristian behavior and language, and wanton attacks was only more evidence that the Pope was indeed fallible and not what he claimed, Marx would claim that the Pope should refamiliarize himself with Isaiah 65:8: “God's Message: "But just as one bad apple doesn't ruin the whole bushel, there are still plenty of good apples left. So I'll preserve those in Israel who obey me. I won't destroy the whole nation,” before he calls for “all” Jungists regardless of innocence or guilt to be destroyed for the alleged guilt of one organization.
- Majapahit Empire: Pi has his first son born. His name is Prangwani (b. 1537). The empire continues to live under prosperity.
- Mahayarda of Timor: life is good. We do what ever we can to help Majapahit.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha Archipelago: The archipelago is doing fine.
- Abbasid Caliphate: Humanist ideas continue to circulate across the Caliphate, weakening the dominance of the Taymiyyah sect that ruled unparallel for nearly two centuries. A new flag is adopted by the Grand Army, replacing the original black standard. Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman gifts the Tsar of Russia, Dimitry II, with two of the saifs used by Vizier Al-Najm II "The Father". Reconstruction of the annexed territories continue.
- The Caliph's most generous gifts are added taking b the Tsar who upon returning to Kiev places them in the Rurik Treasury alongside other foreign gifts.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned.
- Kingdom of Bohemia: France’s war would come at an inopportune time for the other half of the family, as it was discovered that Bohemian nobles had instigated a war with their neighbors, drawing the Emperor once more into a conflict. The war was of course religious motivated as part of the ongoing Catholic-Protestnat conflict, but on the surface was largely fought over the question of Bayreuth and its succession. The intrigue of the late Hugh the Heir had devastated the House of Hawkwood and its various related branches; Duke Frederick I had died under mysterious circumstances several years prior, along with the head of the Gerards and the head of the Courtenays. Nonetheless their feuding continued, with both exercising some claim to the throne of Bayreuth. On the side of the Catholics was the Habsburgs, who controlled Habsburg, Baden, and Swabia indirectly, as Leopold II had exercised the title of Hegemon of Swabia since the death of Franz von Sickingen in 1513. The Habsburgs were also allies of the Přemyslid Dynasty, although this was complicated when the Counts of Breisgau, to which the Habsburgs were married, adopted the Reformed faith. Furthermore, Catherine Courtenay would secretly conspire against the Habsburgs, in order to place her son in a position of power instead of his half-brothers from the Habsburg line. From the Jungists was the line of George I, who died under mysterious circumstances in the lead up to the war. It would appear that Gedeon von Jenagotha helped to reign in his family and instead offered the throne to George’s son Albert rather than to himself or his brothers, something that Gedeon’s father Hugh had not considered, but this helped to solidify their faction. The indecisiveness of the Catholic side in Bayreuth did not aid the rebellion, as numerous claimants existed, from John Hawkwood, to Edward Gerard, to Piers Courtenay. And additionally the sudden double crossing of Franz Joseph von Sickingen from the Habsburgs weakened them immensely at the Battle of Crailsheim. The Emperor himself would fight at the Battle of Hof, where he was minorly wounded and defeated, especially without the aid of the late Duke of Livonia, famed Catholic general. In the wake of this, the Emperor created the Peace of Passau, which formally legalized Jungism under the principle of Cuius regio, eius religio ("whose realm, his religion") within the Empire. He believed that by allowing rulers to choose the religion of their state, he could end the internal rebellions in each nation, and the overarching constant fighting between the two sides. However, the Reformed Faith remained unaddressed. Jaromir had spent much of his reign in France as an outspoken humanist and proponent of toleration, something he had spent much of his reign in Germany begrudgingly ignoring to placate the wishes of his late father and his supporters. However, it was clear that a shift was occurring, as most of his children were Jungist, and most of Bohemia was non-Catholic as previously established. Jaromir sought to preserve Bohemia even if it meant legalizing Jungism, rather than see the domain ripped into pieces; Brandenburg was already openly Jungist, and most of Bohemia proper was Taborite or Jungist. He would remark, “Prague is worth the mass.” That said, although the Bayreuth situation had proved unsuccessful by the war’s end, he would not disavow his fight against the Ratian Union and the descendants of Hugh the Heir.
- Celtic Confederacy: With the mass looting of Church Properties in rebel hands, many of those who had been fighting on the side of the rebels defect to the Royalists, bringing over 2,000 troops into the side of the Royalists. However, Cathal is able to hire enough mercenaries from Germany (around 2,000) to offset this, and officially converts to Presbyterianism, which ensures the full support of the protestant population and of the Reformed German mercenaries he is now relying on, but turns even more of the peasantry and the minor nobles he has relied on against him. This leads to a man uprising in the staunchly Catholic Cork, attempting to overthrow him and defend the church in Ireland largely made up of peasants. Cathal brutally crushes this uprising with a force made up primarily of German Mercenaries and Protestant Irish. The sheer brutality of this and the reliance of Cathal on foreign mercenaries to crush dissent and fight the royalists begins to seriously damage his reputation as a native alternative to the foreign Scottish, as the Scottish, at least, are a devil they know, and Cathal increasingly seems less and less interested in assisting the disenfranchised nobles he claims to be fighting for and more and more focused on promoting his Presbyterian faith and securing his own personal power over Ireland. This begins to make many begin to secretly negotiate with the Royalists, aidied by the arrival of a further 4,000 Scottish forces to aid the royalists this year, and it all comes to the head when a secret document is released from Cathals custody by a former supporter, detailing his promise to compensate the Germans in his forces by gifting them land in Central Ireland currently controlled by the big nobles and the royalists, much of which is land he had previously promised to his original supporters and which was previously held by now disenfranchised nobles, in violation of his previous promises. This causes mass outcry throughout the rebel lands and causes him to be decried as a massive hypocrite by the Royalist forces, who label him a “German Lapdog”, stating that the Scottish, at least, are culturally similar to them and not trying to impose a foreign faith on the people of Ireland, and are a known element, well the Germans have demonstrated their blasphemy many times. Although this is clearly alluding to the well known sacrilege of the Jungist movement, which the Presbyterian‘s are only tangentially related to, the label sticks and the “German Lapdogs” are doin facing a major uprising in central Ireland, at the same time as a major royalist invasion, which successfully pushes them out of the region and forces them to flee, with the peasant forces joining with the marching Royalist armies and following the so called King into Desmond, pursuing him relentlessly. Desmond is thus put to siege, and the fate of the entire war seems to finally be nearing its end, although it is not yet over and fighting will continue for several more years.
- Kingdom of Arles-Burgundy: The nation stands on alert due to the rising tensions across Europe. The nation remains a strong ally of the Papacy and Catholicism, and continues the inquisition in its borders against Jungists and other heretics.
In order to shore up the defense of the nation, the proposal from the French would be accepted, with it being proposed that Mary of Bruce-Anjou (b. 1520) marry a daughter of the new King, and/or Marcuse of Bruce-Anjou (b. 1482) marry Elisabeth (1493).
- France has an outstanding claim on the Duchy of Burgundy which would prevent any major alliance or heavy improving of relations to "barely tolerated" -Feud
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania: This nation wants a marriage alliance with Sweden. mod response needed.
- The King of Sweden is interested. What children are of eligible age?
- Hedwig Zbaraski (1513–)
- Isabella Zbaraski (1519--)
- Sophia Zbaraski (1522--)
- Anna Zbaraski (1523--)
- Catherine Zbaraski (1526--)
- The King of Sweden is interested. What children are of eligible age?
- Kingdom of England: King Edward IX of England continues to work together with the group of nobles consisting of his brother William Beaufort, 1st Duke of Exeter; Philip Courtenay, 3rd Earl of Bristol; Henrietta Grey, 4th Marchioness of Dorset; Thomas Colonna, 1st Earl of Southampton; and John Tuchet, 1st Duke of Cornwall to develop the Royal English Trading and Exploration Company (RETEC), with the goal of improving England's maritime power and helping England reach Meridia in the future. In recent decades, some English merchants had travelled as far as Iceland, Greenland and Vinland, and their records are also used by RETEC as they plan voyages. The dry dock shipyards of Bristol and Portsmouth also continue to construct ships intended for long-distance voyages for the English navy. The English Parliament continues to pay close attention to the tensions between Pope Francis I and Jungists in Germany, with the English clergy giving political support to the Papacy. However, the English Parliament reason that there may not be something like a crusade or religious war within the next few years, and so begin to dial back their buildup of troops near ports in the southeast of England. Soldiers are redistributed back to other parts of England, though a noticeable contingent (including the mercenary company of Alexander Anderson) remains near the ports of Sandwich and Dover in case the Catholic Church does need military aid in the immediate future. The diplomacy from France is received, but between King Edward IX wanting to reach Meridia before his death and the English Parliament and clergy viewing the religious tensions in Europe as more urgent, none of the major political groupings in England are really interested in intervening in Ireland at this time. Aside from paying attention to European tensions and moving troops around, the English Parliament this year also gives funding to the local Inquisition. Edmund Courtenay, 1st Duke of Warwick (1474-1537) dies of natural causes, and his son Edward (b. 1494) becomes the 2nd Duke of Warwick. As Edmund had built up a solid reputation as a political leader and military commander on the Lancastrian side of the recent dynastic conflicts, his funeral in Warwick is attended by many other nobles, including King Edward IX. After the funeral, King Edward IX creates the new 2nd Duke of Warwick's younger brother Reginald Courtenay (b. 1501) as Earl of Worcester. At Canterbury Cathedral, medallions of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal continue to be manufactured, and these are adopted by numerous priests and monks across the nation. Patriarch of the Western Church Roberto Aroztegi (1471-1537) dies of natural causes, and he is succeeded as Patriarch by the Jesuit priest Francis Xavier (b. 1506) from the small township of Javier in the Navarrese core; the Western Church writes to Pope Francis I, asking for Xavier to be created cardinal to succeed Aroztegi. (Papal response) Elizabeth Bourchier and John de Vere of Cambridge have their first child, a daughter named Mary (b. 1537); Blanche Beaufort and Edward II, Duke of Savoy have their third child, a daughter named Isabella (b. 1537); James Tuchet and Mary Percy have their second child, a son also named James (b. 1537); and Frederick Tuchet and Mary Borgburg have their second child, a daughter named Cecily (b. 1537). Margery Howard (b. 1516), daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk, is married to Edward Stanley, 3rd Earl of Derby (b. ~1509).
The French attempt to land a large force in Ireland goes awry. of the 13,500 troops to be sent, the initial wave of 4,000 sent is hard and expensive to supply. The 2nd wave of troops to be sent is lost in the Drink with seven ships sunk and 11 heavily damaged which are forced to turn back to France leaving nearly 1,200 Frenchmen dead at the bottom of the sea. This handicaps French supply to Ireland Immensely and prevents further troops from being sent.
A series of internal Cossack raids devastates the further regions of Moldavia near Crimea and Azov severely hampering the states ability to maintain and manage its far eastern portions. It is rumored to be spurred on by the Circassians but no conclusive evidence is found to support this theory.
Efforts to Alleviate the famine in the UJRR's southern regions have drastically affected the situation in the north. Food reserves had been emptied and the process of food acquisitions was stopped too late to prevent a drastic shortage in the north. Children are abandoned on the side of the road, reports of cannibalism are pervasive and the entire region begins to suffer greatly. Further contributing to this is an exodus or desertion of people from the government or nation, acts of corruption, and frequent infighting" A major byproduct of this is a near collapse of a fragile economy which hampers many traditional actions of state.
The conquered populace in Mesoamerica in the region of Tarasca revolt against the rule of the Spanish Inquisitors, mustering nearly 5,000 warriors in Tzintzuntzan in hopes of evicting Spain from the region.
In Ayutthaya, the Bunyasarn dynasty of Lanna declare independence, raising 23,000 troops at Keng Tung and loosely occupying much of the region.
A volcanic eruption in Phlegraean Fields creates Monte Nuovo.
Famine sweeps across China, while a tsunami breaks the sea walls of the Zhejiang province, ruining crops and forcing many to eat tree bark and weeds.
The Sultanate of Baloch joins Bactria.
In Wales, Gwenhwyfar ap Cadfael (1469-1538), the mother of King Llywelyn of Wales, dies of natural causes.
In Portugal, Cyrilla of Habsburg-Lenzburg (1483-1538), an unmarried aunt of King Sebastian of Portugal, dies of a disease.
- Chimu: The past few years in the Chimu State and the Inca Empire were in relative peace. But, a new threat to the stability to the empire appeared. No one in the empire, predicted or prepared for this. It is time of civil war. Again, peace has been disrupted on the Chimu State due to the unprecedented riots. With the threat of conquest and Civil War, this might be the last stand for the Chimu State and the Empire itself. While Huyana Capec, the new Sapa Inca and the successor of Viracocha, is trying to calm things down, and he has a suspicious feeling about the current civil war. The empire, being aware of the foreigners presence, reinforce their military forces, but they are wasted on the middle off the current Civil war. Chaos once again, torments the Inca Empire. Villages are filled with diseases and the stability on the villages are collapsing thanks to the riots. The higher authorities, have an unclear opinion on the foreigners, though, they're eager to negotiate with them if they are friendly. The riots continue in Takunis, Sein Sein, and Irita Kukke. Huyana Capec builds the defenses for the villages, sending troops and the sheangánik are investigating suspicious villages that were captured by the opposition.
- Hesse: Hesse sends a large army to aid the Ratian Union in its war of defense against Bohemia, and also sends its surplus of grain and food to help alleviate the famine. The Catholic attack on innocent people and their sabotage of food would later be called an early example of genocide.
- The Iroquois Confederacy: We do more baby making. We are keeping make a primitive rune/pictograph writing system which is being improved over time. We start to hunt and move around about nation more. We also start to farm corn, squash and more. We start to sell furs and beads to other tribes. We make more worshiping places around our nations. We start to have more oral and cultural exchanges with each other. We start to trap animals for fur. We start to make a lot of weapons for the future. We build more longhouses around the nation, peace for now is declared in a state of security for the expansive territories of each tribe. We start to train in canoe warfare and keep making giant war canoes. This also develops major cultural connections within the Five Tribes. We also pass down many stories. we travel to the Saint Lawrence River Valley to see if there’s outsiders If there’s we Attack, We have many births during this time. This is the region of Hiawatha.
- Celtic Confederacy: Although the siege of Cork was expected to take several more years to be finished, the attempted landing by France is directly responsible for dramatically shortening it. The suspicion and belief that Cathal was a foreign puppet are validated entirely by the arrival of a French Army to support them, and the VAST majority of rebel forces defecting and throwing open the gates to the Royalist forces, with only a few hundred die hard Protestant Zealots sticking to him, as they have nothing else pretty much. This brings the combined Irish-Scottish Royalist forces to
21,000 people (6,000 Scottish and 15,000 Irish)16,000 people (4,000 Scots and 12,000 Irish), who quickly enter the city with its gates thrown open to contest the French landing, fighting the bare 4,000 forces well they attempt to land in Cork and contesting the landing, led by the Irish Royalist general and primary leader of Royalist forces, Brian Ó Brian, who is very experienced because of it (Algorithm needed!). In addition time this, when word of this blatant and evil attack is heard by Scotland, Joseph of Iona writes a scathing rebuke of the French royal family, calling them out for their heresy and previous seizure of Church property and questioning how they can call themselves Catholic when their king supports the murderers of so many Catholics in Ireland and Vinland, and calling upon the French Nobility to overthrow their heretic king, who is pretty clearly a Crypto-Protestant (Mod response needed).
- As per discussion last night between mods, Ireland cannot field that many troops itself, and Scotland having also lost a fair amount of ships in the last war wouldnt be able to send much to Ireland in the first place either. -Feud.
- Roman Empire: A letter is sent to the Hungarian King, asking his permission to transit his country. He is invited to support Rome in the war should he so choose. (Hungarian Response) The fall of both Sofia and Tarnovo to Roman forces ends the resistance to the new Tsar, and Roman ally, Stefan Makarov. He is left to solidify his rule with several Roman advisors arriving from Constantinople. With Bulgaria secured, the Roman Fleet at Varna sails down the Danube to Nikópolis where it meets Strategos Tagaris’ army of 48,000 men. These men are then transported up the river on barges, arriving near Belgrade. Meanwhile, Strategos Hasapis and his army are reinforced by two additional Themata and reserves for a total of 24,000 men and quickly march west through Hungary to rendezvous with the Albanian force under Sazan Kolonja and intercept the Serbian army advancing toward Serbia. (Algo Please). Not knowing the exact location of the Serbian Army, Strategos Tagaris sends out scouts numbering 8,000 cavalry which will establish positions well away from the main army and send back reports on any enemy movement. If they discover the main Serbian host they are instructed to shadow it and prevent the army from foraging while continuing to report its location. He and his army then lay siege to the city. Siege guns are brought up by ship and placed on the north bank of the Danube where they can fire into the city from safety, striking at the low river wall and the rear wall of the fortress. The low wall near the Danube port on the north east corner of the city is also targeted by guns placed on the high ground to the south east of the city, its obsolete curtain-wall construction allowing it to be leveled easily from range. With the city encircled and its walls damaged, the Elite Roman Tagmata will attempt to storm the city, supported by the various elements of the Themata. (Algo Please) To the north, the Greek cities of Herodotoplis and Meliopolis in Moldavia experience a wave of Moldavian refugees fleeing from the violence. Seeking to defend Greek cultural and mercantile interests, the regions' Kozakos are offered pay and arms to ensure the protection of the two settlements, and are secretly encouraged to establish a state for themselves in the region just north of Crimea. The local administration of Taurica also invests in improving the border defenses that protect the peninsula.
- Hungary Dip: He accepts everything and will help out sending men.
- Georgia: Georgia's hegemony over the region - which had reached its climax in the conquest of the Timurid Empire under Bagrat the Great, had been shattered. Nathan returned to Tbilisi in 1536, utterly humiliated. He retired to the Royal Palace, where he spent his days reading and drinking. The death of his only daughter, Karolina, in 1537 exacerbated his reclusive state. For the remainder of his reign, Nathan left state affairs to Queen Ana and to his cousin George - the latter of whom became his confidante and drinking partner. There were great efforts to bolster Georgia's economy. Georgian sericulture was damaged by the war, with production reaching just half of the pre-war levels (10,000 bales of raw silk). The government did not intend to restore Gilan's once-thriving silk industry, however, and instead planted more mulberry plantations in western Georgia to keep the industry within the Georgian heartlands. To further incentivize sericulture, Nathan ruled out that peasants may pay their taxes in bolts of silk as it was done so in the past. The government monopoly on the sale of raw silk was restored, with merchants once again required to have a "license" to trade in silk. The cotton industry - centered in Shirvan, with the manufacture of cotton cloth centered in Imeretia - was wholly undisturbed by the war. Tariffs were raised on the export of cotton - of which, Georgia is Europe's sole supplier. With half of his noblemen dead - including many of his most seasoned troops Nathan bequeathed Aznauri status to the remaining Turkish vassals as a way of artificially bolstering their numbers. He also made Aznauri status hereditary - as a way of continuing to get their support after his disastrous campaign in Syria and Mesopotamia, and as to avoid having to pay non-regulars due to budgetary constraints. Many of these Turks were resettled to frontier regions - in order to bolster Georgia's military presence there. Similarly, the resettlement of Armenians intensified as a way of increasing the Christian population in these frontier regions. Nathan gave the office of "Amirspasalar" (or Lord High Constable - the highest military authority other than the King) to the Hulagushvili's of Azerbaijan. George began the implementation of several military reforms in case of a future confrontation with either the Arabs or Persians. He ordered the reinforcement of strategic locations along the border with them, including: Aleppo, Ar-Raqqah (which was settled by 5,000 Armenian families), Mosul, Hamadan, Qazvin, and Rasht. Unlike before, however, these "new" walls were made wider (10m at the base) and at a slope. They were also made out of rammed earth, instead of brick. He ordered the construction of arsenals (to store munitions and other equipment) in all of Georgia's major cities - the largest of which being in Tbilisi, and Tabriz. The cavalry corps was expanded to 20,000 men - yielding a 2:3 ratio between cavalry and musket-wielding troops. To restore Georgia's lead in the development and use of gunpowder technology, he also announced plans for the expansion of the artillery corps.
- Georgian dip to Byzantium: Cilicia and coastal Syria will be placed under a Georgian-Byzantine condominium.
- Roman Response: We agree to take up the protection of Cillia and coastal Syria.
- Tsardom of Russia: Following the then successful raids into Kazakhi lands Dimitry sends and order to Aleksei to end any further raids east for now andfocus on consolidating the recent gains to which Aleksei agrees to having just nearly avoided deaith himself. He begins educatin his son in responsibilities ofthe frontier and has the boy's educatino continue past the required years of schooling for nobles. More settlement of the region is promoted as Kazan slowly is rebuilt as a trading hub with the newly reinforced and rebuilt Kremlin towering over the town leaving an imposing reminder of Russian dominance over the Tatars now. In Asktrakhan trade south with Georgia and Circassia begins to grow as Russian merchants begin importing goods from the region, including Georgian Silk which the now increasingly covetted following the the Creation of several tapestries made from the barrels of silk gifted to the Tsar by Georgia. The creator an artisan under the patronage of the esteemed Stroganov Family by the name of Orel Ustinov creates ten tapestries with this silk: seven are in the image of the Archangels that venerated by the Orthodox Church, one is in the image of Christ and the virgin Mary. The 9th one is made to depict the Tsar Dimitry II's riding into the battle of Tabriz to the defence of Georgia and this is given the name "Saint Dimitry of the Steppes". The final one is one in the image of An angel holding an arquebus. In a surprising announcement before the Duma, and Novgorod Veche Tsar Dimitry II makes his son Konstantin Crown regent and will begin a steady process of passing on the duties of state to his son so as to smoothly transition power over to Kniaz Konstantin Rurikovich. Constction of the Moscow Arsenal nears completion with it being a major complex of gunsmithies, armourers, iron smelts, and an armory. Nestoas Manikis is put in charge of overseeing this project With the recent raids in Moldavia reaching Konstantin's attention an envoy I sent to the Circassians and to the Moldavians offering to mediate before the situation escalates (Mod response). Elene becomes pregnant with the third child of Konstantin. Fur trapping continues to grow in the frontier regions and settlement also grows specially as the income generated from pelts proves enough for many of these trappers to purchase lands from the crown helping shore revenue from both the monopoly on pelts, and from selling land to the trappers who buy land, heads, of cattle, and horses from the state. Many of these men, furthermore, end up marrying Tatar women through the institutions of the Church providing a new opportunity for men in the frontier region. Fortifications along the Volga and into the frontier are garrisoned in seasonal rotations by members of the free holder class or Cossacks who settle in the region. Some fortified towns also start to pop up in the frontier made up of Cossacks. Many of whom start start adopting more curved blades picking after those used by the Circassians, and Tatars. Proliferation of firearms amongst Cossack communities also grow drastically picking up after the Greeks and Georgians who use carbines.
- agreed by both parties. (Dren did RNG).
- Papal States: The situation in the UJRR continues to be considered as God’s punishment against their blasphemies and heresy. The accusations that Catholics are behind the famine are see as a joke and blatant lie. Some say that the only moment that the Zelanti and Spirituali stopped arguing with each other was to laugh together of these absurd declarations. Rumor says that the Spirituali Cardinal Marcello Cervini said: "If we Catholics really have the power to cause such a famine like the Jungists accuse us, is because we have God on our side, like Moses against the Pharaoh!". Due to the recent declarations against Catholics, Jungism start to be see as a joke by the people of the Papal States. The Spirituali abandon the idea of dialogue with Jungists to focus in the Waldesians, the Belgian Church and followers of Kafka. In the Spirituali vision these groups are more respectable and not crazy as the Jungists. Several members of the Zelanti movement agree with Joseph of Iona that the King of France is a crypto-Protestant for helping the Irish rebels and for being part of the House of Přemyslid, which is too much complacent with the Protestants. However, the pope and curia don’t take any official position about those rumors. The several reforms made by Pope Francis in the Roman curia continue to be implemented. He also reinforces the decree that forbid clerics of leaving their positions without permission. This year Pope Francis writes the bull Vota per quae vos that gives papal approval for the Clerics Regular of Saint Paul (Barnabites) that was founded by Anthony Mary Zaccaria, Barthélemy Ferrari, and Jacopo Antonio Morigia. The Inquisition continues to be strengthened, with several heretical books being burned. Trials of the Inquisition continue to happen with the pope presiding over them. With clerics and laypeople alike being arrested and condemned for heresy, members of the Spirituali faction say that few could consider themselves safe by virtue of position in Francis’ drive to reform the Church. The Oculi Dei continues their operations in identifying and capturing possible threats to the pope, College of Cardinals and Roman Curia. Michelangelo stops working in the Last Judgment to work in the pope’s tomb. A statue of Pope Francis is placed in the Piazza del Campidoglio. This year, a Basque Jesuit named Ignatius of Loyola visits Rome. He had a military career before having a religious conversion and joining the Society of Jesus. Loyola meets with Johann Eck, the Superior General of the Jesuits. Ignatius wants to receive papal approval for his book “Spiritual Exercises”. With Eck’s help, he is able to meet with Pope Francis and the College of Cardinals and during the meeting he presents his book. After a commission analyzes the book, the pontiff gives his approval and “Spiritual Exercises” start to be published by the Pontifical Roman Press. While in the Papal States, Ignatius of Loyola visits Magdalene Asburgo Della Rovere and the Servants of Jesus, after that he returns to Spain. The Holy Father creates as cardinals Francis Xavier (Basque Patriarch) and Matteo Lucchi (Ancona). Lucchi is a member of the Zelanti faction while Xavier is neutral, but with sympathies to the Spirituali.
- Republic of Ancona: The disputes between the Zelanti and the Spirituali factions of the Elders continue. The Zelanti, led by Henry (or Enrico) Asburgo Della Rovere continue to support the decisions of Pope Francis against Jews and Protestants. The Spirituali, led by Gioberto Matarazzo, continue trying to oppose it. The New Christian merchants in the Republic continue to be targeted.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. While using the Danube river, the military on river boats sail down to northern Serbia to attack them directly helping the Roman army out. The area we are attacking in with 25,000 troops is the other half of Bosnia that Serbia owns. All northern cities are sacked by our troops with most troops either killed or captured. On the coast our navy of about 145 ships blockade what ever coast Serbia has to stop them from getting supplies from other places thus hampering their economy by a lot. (Mod Response)
- Kingdom of Mutapa: The king begins reforms after he realizes the locations of his kingdom could be of great importantance. The twins show appitudes for art and scinece with one prefering administation and the other warfare. Merchants bring paintings from India and the middel east and Chuiyko is inspired to contruct buildings in the same styles. Indian, arabic adn even the odd chinese architect is brought in to build up the new captial and tunga the trade port. The road connecting settlements from the great escarpment to Matala is complete. and Faraist settlers in Saladahna bay begin a road the leads to the great escarpment. The king invest heavily into ships that can holds cannons and go in deeper water. Mining and agricultual methods are improved. Men are sent with merchnats on outbound trade ships with much jewelary and gold as well as books and to document their travels. To better ruler over his dispora the king establishes regions which will be lead chiefs sons rasied in the capitol. The population begins to grow as does the amount of settlments the bravest begin to settle on the edge of the Kalahari. Nyke Hoyla a cartograhper of mixed indain and shona decent begins the second great mapping of the much larger nation. He brings with him the royal riders, as well as artist and new graduates of the school in matala. Chuiyko is determined that his nation will be seen as the Zimbabwe on the highest hill. A more formal school of burecrats is added the the university in Matala.Metualurgy continue to improve. a rudimentary blast fuance is set up by indain immgrants in Lusvingo and simlarly in Matala and Tunga. The Royal guard is outfitted with stronger iron weapons while steel experimented with. While light leather armor with thin iron plates begins to become common among the more exerianced troops. Chieve is expanded slowly as need for another decent trade port is needed. The heavenly confederation is given one last chance to rejoin before actions are taken. (mod response)
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania: The nation made a marriage alliance with Sweden last year. The king of Poland sent gifts to the Duke of Livonia for letting him use the port and started building his only port, Carnikava. He also sent people to ask the Hanseatic League to help Poland Make better ships. (hanseatic league player's response needed) The king also started supporting artists and architects, which made Krakow the center of culture.
- Hanseatic Dip: Shipbuilders, craftsmen, and skilled workers from Danzig are sent to Poland on a five-year contract. There, they will share ship designs and sell ship parts to the Polish for discounted prices. In exchange, the Hansa requests discounted raw materials from Poland. Many of these raw materials are re-invested back into the ships the Hansa builds for Poland, being sold back as useful items.
- Polish Dip: Poland decided to accept this.
- Dagon Empire: The revolt in Lan Na does not go unanswered with a force comprised 40,000 being assembled to march up the Ping River accompanied by riverboats to the capital of Chiang Mai to subjugate the city under the command of Bayinnaung. (Algo Needed). At home, Tabinschwenti makes efforts to set up an administrative system in the recently acquired states with the Bendahara galvanizing the resources of the central government to accommodate the increase in land. The capital continues to grow as people and merchants flood into the city hoping to find opportunities or customers in the heart of the empire with government mandated construction works in the city having been completed for the most part with the cities growth being left in the hands of its residents. Nattani Chaiprasit has retired from active service to Tabinschwenti citing his old age but has been retained as a military advisor in the court due to his extensive experience from the War of Brothers as well as the recent campaigns undertaken in upper Pagan.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di" With the need of labour growing in Hemelstrand and the decrease of the local population, Kaboutstad begins to grow. This coming from the fact that Hemelstrand lacks both Wood and workings, In kaboutstad woodcutting becoming more common as it is not only needed as a building material but also used to make ships. Deforestation becoming a big issue as the city itself is quite small in area, thus causing issue's with suplies of the wood. As the expansion of the town requires wood of its own, even when some stone houses are build they are few. Thus Bart groot one of the the most trusted and well respected merchants offers to hold talks with the king of Zayir. (Congo Response). The Merchant offering Technology such as: Guns, architecture, shipbuilding and general KWAC expertise. While in Herdersvlakte the colony slowly begins to expand northward of the goudrevier, as it is often used to transport the sheep of the Shepherds. The shepherds trying to graze their sheep in as open fields possible, and then shearing them. Afterward the shepherds selling the wool to merchants in Bergen, who in turn sell it either to Europe or Africa. As the RHC is one company this wool is often sold cheap for fabrics where after it is sold to africa in return for other resources and labourers. Hemelsstrand specificly needing these labourers to perform hard labour for requiring for the aquirement of resources of the land. This all while Both Damiaenburght and Fort Majeimi receive resources from Hemelstrand as their need for resources increases even if the increase is slowing. This coming as the men at the fortications are able to get the required gear to chop trees and mine for stone themself, although this is not yet enough. While in Flanders with Paul Dekremer gathering his forces an general attack on the Catholics under Willem de zwijger begins, this attack aimed at removing elements who disregard the Groot Belgische raad. Thus Paul and his 20,000 attack both Sint Niklaas and Oostend, with resistance being strongest as it is closer to the centre of Flemish resistance that beign Bruges and Ghent. While the cutting of Ostend from the Willemiers causes a great reduction of supplies to Flanders and now only Bruges remmains connected to the north sea as the Ghent Schelde goes through Antwerp, This combined with the Lotharingian navy cuts Flanders of From zeeland in practice. Even if a possible route north to Zeeland by sea is possible, it is tought of as imposible to do int their dire state. Paul planning to cut of Flanders fully in the 1539 offensive, as he belives if Flanders is taken that Zeeland will either surrender or accept compromise.
- Kingdom of Portugal: The king Visits Cape Boyar and Cape Gia where he founds the university of Cape Gia.This university will not only be a miltary academy but will also teach a new generation of teachers.In Mainland Portugal,the king sends a lot of money and materuials to modernice the hospitals all over Portugal.The queen consort gives birth to a daugther who they name Cirí.The navy undergoes a significant mpodernization period of two years planned to be completed in 1540.
- Jungist Räterepublic of Thuringia: At this point historians and scientists alike gave up on trying to understand what was going on. Famines randomly appeared, and were oddly only in one nation. It was strange that it would appear in the nation that spent so much time developing ways of preventing famine and distributing food, and even stranger that when practical policies to alleviate the famine were implemented it just spread across the nation worse, and only the nation. This flies in the face of records from the time from Saxony and the like, stating that the previous harvest was plentiful, further causing confusion. Even if moderate in hindsight, the hyperbolic and imaginative language used to describe the famine implied it must have been far worse than thought to be possible. Furthermore, despite Thuringia being the home and center of “moderate” Jungists, they fled their own country, so that “Dukists” could take over, even though Jungism is a religion that the Dukists adhere to. As the economy is nearly collapsed the nation doesn’t really know what to do, the government didn’t really feel like they were controlling their own nation anymore. The government is also confused about what the Papal States is claiming; last year the government published several theories based on economics and science as to why the famine occurred, least credible of which was the fringe theory among the peasants that Catholic saboteurs had sabotaged the food supply or distribution, not that the Catholics caused a supernatural event of some kind, although the president is glad it gave everyone in the Papal States a good laugh apparently. Now that the nation is considered a joke and the laughing stock of Europe, it is hoped the nation can move on without harassment, and it is hoped they solve the problem of the famines. The government hypothesizes that its verbose speeches and decrees may be too long and only confusing matters, so instead they just state: we try to reduce famine.
- Saxony: The famine in Thuringia was received cynically in the Duchy of Saxony. "Those damned Catholics are at it again," the Duke of Saxe-Lobnitz apparently said, with a touch of relish. Although Saxony joined the UJRR, it is reasonable to say that since this only happened recently Saxony was not as badly affected by the famine as Thuringia, the core of the Union, was, and thus managed to send aid. Food supplies were sent, but once again the Duke of Saxe-Jessen proved particularly troublesome by refusing to allow the food supplies through his land. Saxony hoped other Jungist nations would help the UJRR, and also asked the Hanseatic League if they could come to some arrangement to help Thuringia especially in its time of need. It was about this time that the pro-Catholic secret organisation the Jessen League began terrorizing the peaceful Saxon countryside. Attacks were rife. The Saxon official Police Force was founded in response to these attacks. Known as the Saxepolitz, they were very effective. The Jessenbund were unprepared for their efficiency, and attacks became less frequent. Unfortunately, before long the Anti-Catholic Organisation (ANTICA) founded by Peter Meise went on a rampage in Saxony trying to root out Catholics. Fights broke out in the streets between Antica members and Jessenbund members, and these often had to be broken up by the Saxepolitz. Soon, Antica was declared illegal along with the Jessenbund. Wolfgang the Duke issued a public reprimand to Antica, telling them to "leave anti-Catholic behaviour to the authorities". However, that Christmas, the infamous events of the Wittenberg Massacre took place. Wolfgang, the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony was the guest of honour, of course, at the annual Christmas ceremony at Schloss Wittenberg, the famous Church and the centre of Wittenberg. Many high-ranking Jungists and members of the House of La Marck were there. Archbishop of Saxony Gustav Jung began prayer. Smoke began to waft through the floor. Then, suddenly, the entire church was aflame. The gunpowder stocked underneath the church exploded. According to an account written by a spectator, a Jungist churchman Heinrich Hoffelmannts, "I was walking by the Church at night, and I could hear the prayers. Then, suddenly, the entire building exploded into fire. Stone flew everywhere, and I was struck on the head. Fireworks leapt from the burning wreckage, to form the Latin words: Ad infernum ("to Hell")." Several minutes later, a gaggle of priests emerged from the fire. Shortly afterward, a group of guards also emerged. They were all on fire, but they marched steadily as fast as they could from the flame, and when they had reached a safe distance, only then did they throw themselves apart and run around screaming. It was revealed that they had been together shielding Wolfgang from the fire, even though they were terribly burnt themselves. None of these guards survived. Gustav Jung was declared dead. It was revealed that this had been an attack by the Jessen League. The majority of those in the Church at the time died: other notable fatal casualties included Wolfgang Alwin de la Marck (b. 1511), the Count of Wasaborg and the young Henry of Saxe-Beizig. Wolfgang was in shock for a couple of days, before suddenly declaring that "this time the Catholics have really gone too far", and invading his Catholic brother's Saxe-Jessen, with the help of his other brothers and his cousin. Duke Edmund was imprisoned. His oldest daughter Agnes is married to Issachar von Jenagotha, and his younger daughter Josephine is married to Henry de la Marck (b. 1511). Wolfgang denounces the Catholics vehemently. However, prior to all this, Wolfgang asks the Hanseatic League if he can send a number of Saxons on their next voyage to establish relations with the natives of Meridia. (Hanseatic Response).
- Moldavia: Prince Petru V of Moldavia, the son of the late Stephen IV and Katerina of Russia, is distraught to hear that the eastern reaches of his realm have been neglected. He is especially concerned about the port city of Tana, and mobilizes many of his loyal men to defend the region from chaos. Petru V, a competent administrator of the realm, buys off the support of many Cossack leaders who would otherwise pose a threat. Not inclined to make war - unlike his father or great-grandfather before him - Petru agrees to the Russian offer of mediation with the Circassians. To counter external malign influences from abroad, Petru creates a league of sleuths and spies known as the Breaslă Informații, or Guild of Information. This is a secretive and highly shrouded group with a headmaster who answers directly to Petru. The guild is divided into internal informants - spanning from Suceava and onward to Irodoras and Tana - and external (SECRET) agents in Russia, Poland, Hungary, and Byzantine Rome. These external agents are trained as merchants and rotate regularly through their country to ensure embededness but not discovery.
- Abbasid Caliphate: Humanist ideas continue to circulate across the Caliphate, weakening the dominance of the Taymiyyah sect that ruled unparallel for nearly two centuries. New flags continue to be adopted, being composed and produced by an Armenian exile known as Emma Karapetyan, an artist who suffered the sight of watching her husband and children being slaughtered by a regiment of unrelenting levies from Georgian. A devout Muslim, she would sow together a proposal flag and present to Caliph al-Abdūkʿrāhman, who would accept it for its vibrancy. Reconstruction of the annexed territories continue.
- Hanseatic League: This is the ninth full year of Peter Burkhart's (b. 1499) reign. He has a younger sister, Josephine Burkhart (b. 1502), married to Adolf Welling of Hamburg (b. 1496); a younger brother, Henry Burkhart (b. 1512) who is married to Zillah of Hesse (b. 1514); a younger sister, Matilda Burkhart (b. 1514) who is married to Henry de la Mark; and a younger brother, Jacob Burkhart (b. 1519), who is not currently betrothed. Henry Burkhart has a son via Zillah of Hesse named Michael this year. Shortly thereafter, Josephine Burkhart has a daughter named Gertrude Welling and dies in childbirth. Should Peter Burkhart pass away, an election will take place in Lübeck to determine the next Grand Mayor. Henry Burkhart makes his debut this year by introducing a number of laws that would maximize the amount of troops the Hanseatic League could field. Though it has come miles from the decentralized mess involved with raising troops it dealt with in the past, the means by which the Hansa raises an army could always be improved. In the past, the Hanseatic League relied on mercenaries and levies to do its fighting, which worked to a certain degree. The burden of raising a massive levy was not placed on a city that was nowhere near the war, meaning oftentimes wars involving the Hansa were really wars involving its constituent states. Those who wanted to fight for pay became mercenaries. Though these were the saving grace of the Hansa many times, these groups could frequently turn into roaming bands of brigands to be hunted down. In the mid-15th century, the League extended contracts to these soldiers of fortune, monopolizing the lucrative mercenary business. Like most Hansa monopolies, any potential competitors were declared illegal, with sanctioned actions being taken against them. Over time, these mercenary groups became irregular armies. At this point, the Hansa creates the Frei-Armeen (more to come)
- Kingdom of England: King Edward IX of England continues to develop the royal navy and RETEC with the goal of having England reach Meridia in the near future. He has RETEC conduct some trading missions to Iceland in preparation for longer voyages. The dry docks of Bristol and Portsmouth, as well as some smaller shipyards in Kent and Essex, continue to construct ships for the royal navy with specifications that should enable them to travel across the Atlantic Ocean. English merchants also continue to conduct maritime trade with various nations, most notably Spain, the Hanseatic League and Lotharingia, with some trade occurring as far as Iceland and Russia. The English Parliament continues to pay attention to the religious tensions in Italy and Germany, and they maintain a small contingent of soldiers and mercenaries near the ports of Kent to enable speedy deployment should they decide it is necessary. However, it appears the Parliament's worries from a few years ago that a Europe-wide war between Catholics and Jungists would break out by this time were too pessimistic, so they start to shift their focus to issues closer at hand again. Speaking of issues closer at hand, when King Edward IX and the Parliament hear that France has sent soldiers to Ireland to participate in the ongoing rebellion there, they are not entirely happy with a foreign power sending soldiers into the British Isles, and the Parliament decides to keep a close eye on this situation. Similarly to the contingent of soldiers in Kent, the Parliament also sends soldiers to Devon and Somerset in the southwest of the nation, in case they or the King deem intervention in Ireland to be necessary. In the meantime, these soldiers work on improving the fortifications of the cities of Bristol, Wells and Exeter. The English Parliament also funds the improvement and expansion of saltworks in Cheshire and Worcestershire, in order to increase the availability of salt for its preservative uses, thereby making the nation's food supply more resistant to famines. The Inquisition in England remains active, and is somewhat concerned about reports of Protestant activity in the Irish rebellion, which the English Parliament takes note of. At Canterbury Cathedral, medallions of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal continue to be manufactured, and these are adopted by numerous priests and monks across the nation. Mary Dacre (~1502-1538), the wife of Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Lancaster, dies during the childbirth of what would be the couple's fifth child, and tragically the child does not survive either. Hoping to continue his predecessor Henry VIII's strategy of improving relations between England and Catholic nations in Europe via marriages, King Edward IX writes to Meinhard IX, Count of Gorizia, proposing to arrange a marriage between William Beaufort the Younger (b. 1511), son of Edward IX's brother the 1st Duke of Exeter, and Meinhard IX's sister Catherine of Gorizia (b. 1509) (they would be fourth cousins through the connection of the House of Lenzburg, a fairly distant relation, though to be safe King Edward IX writes to Pope Francis I about a papal dispensation in case it is necessary). (Mod response for Gorizia) (Papal response) Joan of Geneva-Lenzburg and Fabrizio Orsini have their first child, a son named Marco (b. 1538); Blanche Neville and Henry Borgburg have their second child, a son named Geoffrey (b. 1538) in honour of Henry's father Gioffre Borgia; and George Percy, 6th Earl of Northumberland and Katherine Beaufort have their third child, a daughter named Margaret (b. 1538) in honour of George's mother.
In Mali, the Children of the Antouman, having faced persecution and exile, would coalesce once more in secret, this time in the city of Jenne. Historians suggest that during these secret meetings, which likely took place between February and July, would ultimately lead to the composition of the Tomes of the Antouman. The Tome's composition would be compared to the works of Plato's Republic, featuring a dialogue between two priests: Iskandar of Tishad, and Sulayman of Azawad, although it's been suggested that both Iskandar and Sulayman could've been amalgamations of various Tamiyyah scholars rather than two individual priests. Regardless, the core of the dialogue would insinuate that restoration of the forgotten Songhai and the eradication of the Yuniyya Caliphate would culminate into an era of civility and prosperity, a utopia per se, and would lead to the return of the Mahdi at Gao.
In Spain, the influx of vast quantities of American gold create economic stresses. While much of the treasure remains in the Spanish treasury, that which is in private hands has caused rapid inflation as the money supply increases dramatically.
Poland experiences a period of prosperity as trade between the Black Sea and the Baltic Sea develops on the Dniester and Vistula Rivers. The wealth brought in by this trade empowers the monarchy allowing to centralize greater control over the economy of the state.
Khan Abu Sa'id bin Kochkunju of Bukhara expands his realm over central Asia by raiding Persian territories, pushing back Safavid armies while supporting pillage and the torching of crop lands in Russia's eastern provinces.
Jabal Asada expands their realm southward, subjugating the southern tribes of Temne and Baule.
The Ethiopian Empire finish their long-running and winded war against the Oromo, however, various expenditures and reliance on nobility would slowly de-centralize his rule, allowing for the aristocracy to hold further political power.
Guru Angad Dev becomes the second Guru of the Sikhs.
In China, the on-going famine continues to thrive while flooding and swarms of locusts continue to set back grain production. As if it couldn't get any worse, the bubonic plague returns in full-fashion across the central core.
In Scotland, Isabella Asburgo-della Rovere (1474-1539), mother of King Kenneth IV of Scotland, dies of natural causes.
In Burgundy, Étienne Grozelier, Count of Beaune (1480-1539), husband of Mary of Bruce-Anjou, dies of a disease and is succeeded as Count by his son Gaston (b. 1515).
- Roman Empire: The total collapse of Serbia in the face of simply superior Roman forces is stunning to behold. With crushing defeats at both Belgrade and the Kosovo Fields, the Serbian Tsar, Borislav Tasic, is forced to sign the Treaty of Belgrade, in which he cedes all of Macedonia and Serbia’s coastal territories to the Roman Empire, and Montenegro and Kosovo to Albania. The treaty also establishes an independent Despotate of Bosnia, retitles Serbia into a Despotate, and forces both new Despotates into Protectorate & Tributary status. Having secured Serbia, Kaisar-Autokrat Andronikos VI turns back East. He summons Bulgaria’s new Tsar Stefan Makarov and meets with him in Tarnovo. The Roman Army surrounds the city with its camp, and maintains an armed watch. In a closed meeting the two leaders discuss. Andronikos demands that Bulgaria cede all lands south of the Balkan Mountains as well as lands that drain into be Black Sea. (Mod Response, should he refuse I will need an Algo for the 2nd Siege of Tarnovo) Internally, the war over, troops largely begin to return home. With new markets opened to the empire and their own merchants disadvantaged by Roman military expeditions Roman trade on the Danube swells immensely. With Serbia a captured market sales to the new territories bring new revenues to the empire. Even better, the first waves of tribute from the empire’s now five tributaries feed the coffers and allow for reduced taxation at home or greater capacity in governance. In Macedonia the newly annexed lands are quickly reorganized under two Themata. Urban poor settlers are brought in to take on the lands of deceased Serbian nobles killed in battle. With two new Themata allotted for the region one is transferred over from lower Macedonia and a second raised fully from scratch. To the south, the death of the Despot of Morea allows its painless annexation, and its Theme system is integrated into the Imperial system. Having secured the empire’s borders, a number of new tributaries, and a great deal of land, Kaisar-Autokrat Andronikos VI has one last aim in the immediate future. He begins mustering up reinforcements for his army, and rotates out some of the more battle-weary Themata for fresh troops. He takes the opportunity to offer the most veteran troops the opportunity to join the Tagamata as he expands it to 24,000 men in four standing Themata.
- Seeing no other option Stefan accepts the demands. -Adjudication done by Feud
- Saxony: Still reeling from the Wittenberg Massacre last year, a new vent of fury against Catholics seems to have emerged in the Duchy of Saxony. Edmund, the Duke of Saxe-Jessen is forced to resign and abdicate by his brothers including Wolfgang, the Duke and Prince-Elector of Saxony and is replaced by his daughter Agnes as Duchess, co-ruling with her husband as Duke. Agnes is married to Issichar von Jenagotha and her sister Josephine is married to George de la Marck (b. 1529). The Anti-Catholic League is officially incorporated into the government and made an official policing force. The Jessenbund flees to nearby Bohemia, and with them go a large number of Catholics fearing for their lives. Wolfgang sardonically remarks, "Saxons who leave for Bohemia raise the IQ of both countries". The fanatic Peter Meise has a son, although he claims he is still a virgin. The son is named Blessed Meise. With the death of Gustav Jung last year, his son Lael takes over the position as Archbishop of Saxony. Theoderic Rood, formerly Deputy Archbishop of Saxony, for the first time openly condemns the Catholics in a vehemnt manner: "Children, women, priests, old men were killed last year. The Catholics can no longer pretend they do Christ's work." Henry de la Marck (1511-1539) dies of pneumonia. Meanwhile, Wolfgang requests that some Saxons accompany Hansea on their next Meridian voyage. (Hanseatic Response). A number of mocking drawings known as "karikaturs" of the Pope are created in the Duchy of Saxony.
- Majapahit Empire: Pi has two new daughters born. The first is named Katawanagra (b. 1538). The second is named Wayanagara (b. 1538). Prangwani (b. 1537) is now two years of age. Lately in the year Pi has given his wife a traditional Colorfull peacock, she is delighted by the gift and asks her husband of by any change can extend the royal Exotic bird garden. The Trag agrees, affirming that he would do anything for her to assure her permanent happiness. 500 labors are sent three years ago toward Bandar Supandi colony in order to contribute into the building of the fortress in Powu city, so due to the fact that the fortress is nearly done, Pi sends another 100 labors to contribute into the building. Another 1,000 settlers and 500 soldiers are sent to the colony. Four more cargo Djrongs holding a huge amount of materials of building are sent to the river that locates in the newly named settlement of Grujta that has seen more buildings beeing added each year. Adji Supandi assignes 300 soldiers (100 musketeers [Snap matchlock] 200 cross bow men) as garrisons of the fortress that is still beeing built, explaining them that their work will begin in the next year. Seeing Ayutthaya plunges in another rebellion, The Trag says "oh". His reaction is marked into Majapahit history records as the best reaction ever and it is stored in the deep archives of the historic Javanese records. Seeing that the Japanese aggressively expanded through brutal conquest into the region of the Philippines. The Trag responds by asking some Tondo residents to immigrate to Majapahit, explaining them that the reason why the Trag conducted this action is due to him wanting to provide a safe place for the people of Tondo and affirming that the region will have much unrest after the major brutal Japanese conquest [Mod response, please (if they accept. Also please indicate the number of the refugees if they accept)] after the war with Siam the Trag, after reading through out the historic records and events. Remarked that Majapahit has neglected and showed no interest in having some diplomatic relations between them and the other states in Sumatra, the records indicate that the action of neglect was made by the former Raja Manputiyja II due to him fearing Ayutthayan intervention. Pi laughs, the days of Ayutthayan aggression have ended in Majapahit lands. His people are experiencing the best second golden age of prosperity, so to change that. The Trag setts his eyes toward Plambermgan, he have seen in the records that the area has rebelled against Majapahit in older time. But no sign of aggression was conducted by them by the time Lampung was in Majapahit thumb, so a delegation of a small chest filled with gold and a turban trimmed with gold will be sent to the Sultan. Offering peace and improving relationships. [Mod response, please].
- Mahayarda of Timor: life is good. We do what ever we can to help Majapahit.
- Mahayarda of Yamaha Archipelago: The archipelago is doing fine.
- Tsardom of Russia: The governor of Tatarstan, Aleksei, successfully convinces Konstantin to revise the orders of his father to halt raids following the large scale raids this season by the khan of Bukhara, allowing Kniaz Aleksei Volkhov to carry out his season raids again. This time Aleksei organizes a large scale raiding part made up of 10,000 Cossacks, and 3,000 Georgians, who cross into Kazakhi lands and carry out large scale raids in their land scorching the crops, and crops. (algo please). Terade continues to flourish under the reformist policies of Dimitry II and now continued by his son Konstantin who is increasingly given more duties of state as his aging father retreats from public life only attending church and meetings of the Duma or with Konstantin and Nikolay. It is beleived that the Dimitry II has fallen ill. However, he and the Tsarina keep tightlipped about this matter. Konstantin Rurikovich realizing that he is likely to succeed soon makes a very public demonstration of piety upon Nikolay' suggestion to gain the sympathy and support of the Patriarch of Novgorod to ensure a smooth succession by praying tearfully before the Patriarch begging God to forgive his father the strength to endure for years to come. This act warms the aging Patriarch Boris Gagarin bringing the heir into his confidence no longer seeing the teen who fought of a Boyar's fiance instead seeing what is in his a pious and caring son. Konstantin furthermore building on this new repour with the Patriarch feeds, the old holy man's beliefs thats the acts and victories achieved by his father throughout his reign were nothing short of divine will. The Arsenal of Moscow is completed and with it efforts to expand the garrison begin as the city returns to becoming a major trading hub now focused more on ironworks and weaponry as well as a depot for pelts gonig to either Kiev or to Neva for export. Military reforms are underwent once more taking into account the lessons from the rapid Goergian collapse and from the successful repulsion of the Arabs at Aleppo. Kniaz Nestoras Manikis is tasked with this assignment organizing new drills for the freeholder levies based along Roman lines to instill discipline and routine, while he also begins making many of the streltsy familiar with horseback fighting as the nature of the Steppes and raids to the east would require a much more mobile force, employing them in caracole tactics firing on horseback before withdrawing while the Cossack will act as skirmishers and scouts. Nestoras Manikis notices some of the Cossack forces using a new type of shortshort similar to those used by the Circassians a slightly curved single edged blade. Matchlock muskets are also imported from the Greeks and the Hansa to reproduce them for local production. The Varyag and some of the Streltsy are reorganized into a semi-professional permanent army based along the lines of the Roman Tagmata. the Crown army numbers some 20,000 men. Konstantin continues to revamp the Crown Fur monopoly founding the Rurik Company following a renegotiation with the Novgorod and Kieven Merchants greatly expanding the potential of the company as a larger trading company. Plans to build a subsediaries thatll deal with trade with the Greeks, and Georgians in the Black sea, and another one do handle trade with the Hansa and with the west. Representatives from the Hansa,and from Constantinople, are invited to so as to address all the concerns and interests of the respective parties, also to seek funding for the construcxtion of the Don-Volga canal (Hansa and Byzantine rsponse required.) Konstantin in the effort of furthering these goals strike up an agreement with the head of the Stroganov family Yuri Stroganov. Konstnatin's heir Yaroslav (1528) will be betrothed to the daughter of Yuri Stroganov (Irina Stroganov 1530) establshing a useful alliance for the house of Rurik due to the Stroganov's position as the wealthiest and most influencial of all the Novgorodian families ensuring the loyalty of the urban middle class. Construction of the canal begins in earnest with Tatar serfs being levied to do the heavy lifting while Greek and German engineers and sappers plan it and Russian sappers carry out the execution of the project.
- Roman Response: Having just defeated its enemies and with its banks flush with tribute, a large loan is offered for the contruction of the Don-Volga Canal. Greek engineering experts are sent as part of this loan project. Repayment is expected to take place in the 70 years after the opening of the canal.
- Papal States: News of the so called Wittemberg Massacre reaches Rome and it is considered by the Catholic Church as another Jungist plot to defame the Catholics. Both the Zelanti and Spirituali consider it as another sign of how the Jungists are despicable, sacrificing their own people in their quest to target the Catholic moral. The accusations of the UJRR about the Catholics being the responsible for disrupting the food supplies continue to be laughing matter. The Spirituali Cardinal Marcello Cervini said: “Is laughable how the Jungists so eagerly blame the calamities they have been suffering on others, instead of accepting their own mistakes and the incompetence of their own leaders”. Soon the Catholics consider that no truth can come from the followers of Jung. Due to this, several satirical poems about Jungism start to circulate in the Papal States. The Inquisition continues to persecute heretics. They are captured and tried, with Pope Francis presiding over these trials. Those found to be guilty are burned at the stake. Several heretical books are also burned. The several reforms made by Pope Francis in the Roman curia continue to be implemented. He also reinforces the decree that forbid clerics of leaving their positions without permission. Michelangelo finishes the pope’s tomb and return his works in the Last Judgment in the Gregorian Chapel. Galeazzo Rado finishes the ceiling of the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Monte San Giovanni Campano. The fresco is named the Ascension and shows the moment that Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven. His fresco, like Michelangelo’s Celestial Court, causes a great impact in the artistic community. It creates illusions of limitless space, but even greater than the illusions of the Celestial Court. The Holy Father creates as cardinal Pietro Bembo (Venice). Cardinal Bembo is a Zelanti, having written important works about it. He is also a member of the Hospitaller Order and is an important member of the Papal Inquisition in Italy. Pope Francis declares Bonaventure as a Saint. This year Francesco Crescenzi, son of Maria Giovanna Asburgo and Paolo Crescenzi, marries Margherita Salviati.
- Republic of Ancona: The disputes between the Zelanti and the Spirituali factions of the Elders continue. The Zelanti, led by Henry (or Enrico) Asburgo Della Rovere continue to support the decisions of Pope Francis against Jews and Protestants. The Spirituali, led by Gioberto Matarazzo, continue trying to oppose it. Fights between supporters of each faction also becomes common, with many being hurt in these conflicts. The New Christian merchants in the Republic continue to be targeted.
- Kingdom of England: In Portsmouth, Raffaella of Habsburg (1481-1539), the widow of Gioffre Borgia and mother of Henry Borgburg, dies of a disease. Saddened by her death, her son becomes more involved with local military operations, including the mercenary company founded by the late Marcantonio Colonna, 1st Earl of Southampton, to the consternation of Henry’s own family. Thomas Boleyn, 1st Earl of Leicester (~1477-1539) dies of natural causes; as his son George (~1504-1536) had predeceased him, his young grandson Thomas (b. 1531) becomes the 2nd Earl of Leicester, with his mother Helena Asburgo-della Rovere (b. 1508) effectively acting as his regent. John Bourchier, 1st Earl of Bath (1470-1539) dies of natural causes; his son John (b. ~1499), husband of Joan Courtenay, becomes the 2nd Earl of Bath. George de Vere, 14th Earl of Oxford (b. 1508) marries Frances Tuchet (b. 1509), daughter of John Tuchet, 1st Duke of Cornwall; they are fourth cousins, and while the clergy officiating the marriage are not certain a papal dispensation is required, to be safe the Duke of Cornwall writes to Pope Francis I requesting one. (Papal response). Margery Howard and Edward Stanley, 3rd Earl of Derby have their first child, a daughter named Jane (b. 1539); Frederick Tuchet and Mary Borgburg have their third child, a daughter named Maud (b. 1539); Elizabeth Bourchier and John de Vere have their second child, a son named Henry (b. 1539); and Dorothy of York and King Llywelyn of Wales have their second child, a daughter named Gwendolen (b. 1539). (More to come if I have time).
- Papal diplomacy: Pope Francis gives the dispensation.
- Kingdom of Hungary: Trade along the Danube River is prospering due to goods being brought into our nation to help rebuild our nation. The university continues the growth of people being eager to get in and learn from the best. Trade increases with people importing bulk technology and ideas from other nations. While our agriculture sector exports a ton of crops all over Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The military academy continues to expand in size. The economy is booming throughout the nation feeling healthy. Population is growing a lot these past few years. The mass production of printing presses have increased. Publication has increased a lot with books and papers all throughout the nation. Education by the increase in books has increased tremendously. Our banks are flourishing from all the money we are getting from people putting all their money into their accounts from all the trade. The mines are doing well with the finding of more minerals to make our currency and other expensive items. The construction of a canal system made for irrigation to farm lands from the Danube River is continuing to help increase the number of crops to help the economy. With all the new guns being brought into our nation our technology as been modernizing rapidly making our army more stronger and importantly positioned. Kristof Rurikovich (1514-) asks to marry Elizabeth von Sickingen (1513). Luca de la Marck (1514-) asks to marry Susanna von Battenberg (1515). Endre de la Marck (1518-) asks to marry Isabella of Ansbach (1518) (Mod Response)
- Kingdom of France: After 4,000 men landed in Ireland in 1537,
the following year another 2,000 men were landed, and finally 2,000 this year. Since that time ships have been supplying the Irish, and the French fleet blockades the Scottish and prevents them from landing any more soldiers or supplies in Ireland.The soldiers in addition to receiving some shipments from France, and captured supplies from Scottish ships, remain well supplied by the Irish and off captured goods during the campaign as is customary for this time period. The French are instructed to remain cordial and well mannered with the local population and let the Irish leaders take the lead. The Irish are trained and well equipped by French advisors. The French make it clear there isn't a religious angle to this, they are just politically aiding a nation defend itself from an existential threat. Defenses are built near the front line in northern Munster, defending along a series of rivers and in the high ground in the center.
- We limited to 4,000 ... total that didn't magically change because you got a victory. You also cannot blockade Scotland without some sort of algo or something which wasnt requested. Since this is posted on a prior turn im not recognizing this as legitimate since I made a very clear announcement ... after the last war you were literally in, that if you want anything recognized period, end of story. It needs to be on the algo requests page with a specific request in your turn. Not playing anymore. This is the last warning. -Feud.
- Georgia: In 1539, Ana gave birth to Nathan's fourth child and second daughter, the later Queen Victoria (named after the 4th-century saint and martyr). Despite being delighted by the birth of Victoria, Nathan's health began to drop markedly - due to his heavy drinking, and his reluctance to go outside. Nevertheless, Nathan continued to moderate Georgia's "modernization" efforts, though his cousin George and his wife Ana also exerted substantial influence on state affairs; George oversaw crucial military reforms, while Ana's suggested reforms helped broaden and centralize state power (resulting in proto-absolutist tendencies). The Georgian aristocracy during this period began to distance itself from Persian culture, due to the failure of the "Persian Commonwealth" ideal Bagrat V had envisioned. Nathan dropped the title of "Shahanshah", and withdrew state patronage for Persian culture and the arts (though this was also in part to reduce "unnecessary" state expenses); while the syncretic Orthodox-Islamic architectural style remained popular until he mid-16th century, after that point, many buildings were constructed in the elaboration and continuation of the "Neo-Byzantine" style prevalent during the Georgian Golden Age. Similarly, Western artistic tradition seeped its way into Georgia - transmitted by Italian and Greek merchants. Western Georgian nobles frequented the Latin and Greek quarters of the Black Sea ports (such as Poti and Batumi). In hopes of bettering relations with the West, Nathan three expeditions to Europe in 1539. The expedition to Spain was financed by the assets of the then newly-liquidated Asiatic Trading Company and was led by the renowned explorer Ivane Hulagushvili. The expedition hoped to secure Spain as a market for Georgian silk and cotton; they also requested for live specimens of the renowned merino sheep breed to bring back to Georgia. The expedition to Byzantium - also known as the "Orbeliani Mission" (led by David Orbeliani, one of his in-law's) - included some of Georgia's leading statesmen and scholars. The goal of the mission was twofold: to secure a Byzantine bride for the young Prince Levan (b. 1526 - making him 13 years of age at the time), and to make a comprehensive study of Byzantium's socio-political, military, and economic institutions with the intent of applying them to Georgia. The last mission was sent to Moscow to meet up with the leading Russian statesmen, as well as to get word of Nathan's sister and his nieces and nephews. After hearing of the Russian's troubles with the Kazakhs, Nathan also sent 3,000 troops to help them militarily. The economy continued to flourish due to the export of silk and cotton. The textiles industry, which was centered in western Georgia, proliferated. The artillery corps was expanded, and more troops were fitted with muskets. To perfect the use of muskets, soldiers did more rigid and frequent drills. The cities of Aleppo, Ar-Raqqah (which continued to be settled by Armenian families), Mosul, Hamadan, and Qazvin, continued to be fortified intensively. The ducal armies (renamed into "provincial armies") were reformed. They were placed under the direct management of the King and his military advisors; however, the eristavi's continued to have the right of being ex-officio military officers. However, they were inspected by government officials annually to see the performance of their troops. The provincial armies - breaking previous policy - were fitted with muskets and cannons, after the Georgian-Abbasid War showed the pressing need for the full adoption of firearms. Unlike before, when the size of each ducal army was set, the size of each provincial army will vary depending on the region's importance strategically. As such, each provincial army will vary from a few hundred (just the Ducal Guard) to thousands (frontier garrisons). In exchange for their new hereditary status, the Aznauri were compelled to render active military service in the Royal Army for ten years; after this period, they continued to be in reserve and attend annual "refresher" drills. This paralleled how the didebuli's were obliged to do civil service (as bureaucrats, or administrators). This was different from before: while the Aznauri were also obliged to render military service, most were feudal troops bound to an eristavi. As the Royal Army was no longer a "professional army", pay was limited to the special corps' and officers of the muskeeter corps.
- Russian Dip: The envoys are accepted in Kiev as are the Georgian troops that are sent to reinforce Aleksei in his raids. Konstantin sends word to his brother-in-law Nathan of his niece and nephies saying they are good, and gives the Georgian embassy two of the tapestries made of the silk given to his father years before by Nathan years ago to present him as a gift - one of the Virgin Mary and of the baby Jesus Christ, while the other one is of the Archangel Jerahmeel.
- Kingdom of Portugal: King Sebastian is outraged after hearing about the French intervention in the celtic affairs.He therefore issues the 1539 French decree which breaks off any and all relations with France and says "The French have broken their oath once more and had it not been for our non-agression pact, I would have joined, but we know France that the next time we meet won't be so cordial." The king visits Gordes where anti-French protests have begun to take place and tries to calm them down which is successful. After this, he decided to pay a visit to the royal cathedral in Porto where he asked God for advice.
- Kingdom of Lotharingia: "Were Di": In Leeuward islands the native populations on Oruba, Bonaire and Druon are reported to get ill and dying of disease. Some of Leeuward Katholieken beliving this to be their punishment from God for their barbarism, this all the while these men are trying to convert the natives to Catholicism. This being as the Leeuward Katholieken believe it's their duty to keep teaching all barbarian brutes to Catholicism, as Christ has given them a path to all mighty truth. The Leeuward Katholieken believing that they can have a Catholic rebirth in the West Indies and convert the locals together with other Europeans to Catholicism and make a new Catholic homeland. The RHC allowing this movement on the Leeuward Islands as the men still have to swear loyalty and give preferential treatment of RHC merchants, as no taxes and tolling exist of company merchants against each other. This no tolling being the clearest in Herdersvlakte as a lot of RHC wool is exported to Rotterdam, as the Lakenhallen in Belgia require a lot of wool. The shepherds, numbering about 2,000 men already, with more then 1,000 craftsmen, and other labourers being in the city of Bergen itself. The men in Bergen often fishing and doing boat repairs and even the storing and shearing of sheep and their wool, as the men often have a lot of sheep. The population of sheep increasing as they are able to reproduce more and more, as sheep take more time to reproduce compared to pigs. While in Kruidenspoort sad news comes about as Antoon Brouwer the Founder of the Vrye Oostindië compagnie has died at the age of 69. His death being rather strange as it was reported that his Cat Meneer sluiper scared him, the old frugal man falling from getting catscared. Anton thus falling of his stairs as to get his hat, as he needed it to go to the Ayutthaya court where he planned of meeting diplomats and possible the king. Thus one of his apprentices and friends Bart Kuyp a Kruidenpoorter who joined the company when he was only 9 Kuyp now being 29 years of age and being funny and also sometimes crazy (In a good way) man, and one of the first men ever to be born on Kruidenpoort. His parents being unknown as his father a Merchant and Mother a local had abanoned him only after a couple weeks, as the relation with the local women did not last. Thus young kuyp being left to the VOC as he is taken in as a so called Son of the Company, and thus he still sets of for Ayutthaya sending the king a letter personally that he will represent Brouwer. (Ayutthaya response). Bart hoping that he can continue his great bosses work after having grieved for a couple of days, Kuyp also apologising for the delay due to it. While in Lotharingia a new Council sesion of the Belgian church is held in malines, this establishing new doctrine in the church. The church now trying to define itself and her role as an institution, and giving a more clear direction to work within the Belgic state. While In flanders Paul Dekremer attacks the whole Flanders front at once, Thus cities such as Bruges, Ghent, Courtrais and many other minor towns. Flanders Pratically falling to the Generaal-admiraal and the Groot Belgische raad, Thus Willem de stille is only left to zeeland where he promptly declares the Zeeuwse Republiek with himself as the Eerste Lid van de Raad van Zeeland, about 5,000 soldiers rallying behind him ready to fight Belgia. The republic being seen by the groot Belgiche raad as a last attempt of William the Silent to claim legitimacy while actually committing treason. The council being filled mostly by generals and officirs in the army.
- Kingdom of Poland-Lithunia: The king decided that it is finally time to centralize. He made a marrige alliance with the most powerful noble in the nation.
- Mali Empire: At the start of the great turning point of the Mali Empire, the Council of Jenne is a perculiar moment in its history. The religious leaders of the Taymiyyah sect, primarily relatives of Antouman's clan, met in secret near the Great Mosque of Djeane, and the documents they produced are ones that seem cryptic to the casual reader. In retrospect, scholars from the 18th century onward have firmly interpreted the Tomes to be a culmination of the cultural clash within the Mali Empire, a prototype to what would amount to the manifesto of their philosophy. Some scholars of more recent generations have speculated if the hypothetical "Council" even existed, at least as a formal meeting, or instead was more like a literary cultural tradition in the same city. Nonetheless, the Tomes had an immediate impact on the political situation of the Gbara in Niani. Yahya Mamamoo attempted to persuade the two factions to mediate a solution. Contrary to popular belief, Mamamoo was not an advocate for comprimise himself per se, but according to anecdotes from the time he simply wanted the grievences of both sides to be fairly represented. Even so, the Gbara at this point was far too polarized to consider a mediation, especially the Morikanda who advocated for burning the Tomes as heresy. Eventually, the great philosopher Mamamoo was arrested by the Emperor on charges of bribary, an accusation that was clearly fabricated, and was locked in prison. The Gbara ultimately declared the Tomes should be removed from public circulation, but this was hardly enforced, as such censorship had never been seen before in Yunni Islam or Mali in general. In Waalo and Jolof, the Atlantic trade from the Meridia colonies benefitted the economy to upgrade the standards of living across the western territories. This allows many middle class people to purcahse and participate in European leisures, including most recently the introduction of football and playing cards. As the colony of Jadid now established their alliance with the Toiomo people, some of their chiefs were taken across the Ocean to visit the city of Dakar, which amazed all the local people.