We must recognize the chief characteristic of the modern era — a permanent state of what I call violent peace.This is a collaborative timeline. Any help or suggestions, with my consent, are greatly appreciated. Before making any edits, please refer to Editorial Guidelines.
- _____ Archive-Database of global headlines since the primary divergence until today.
- Nations-Profiles of existing nations and self-governing states in the present.
- Former Nations-Profiles of failed nations and self-governing states throughout this Timeline.'
- Organizations-Profiles of entities comprising multiple people, such as institutions, associations, and corporations, that have collective goals and are linked to external environments.
- Supranational Organizations-Profiles of the world's leading supranational unions and IGOs.
- Science and Technology -Topics relating to breakthroughs and general development regarding science and technology.
- Politics-Database of this Timeline's international relations, governmental systems, ideologies, and parties.
- Economics-Database of financial topics relating to the Timeline.
- Geography-Database for all OTL and ATL geographic terms and references in this Timeline.
- Exploration-Topics relating to humanity's ever growing curiosity of 'what's out there.'
- Culture-Topics relating to the development of world culture, subcultures, and counter cultures..
- Education-Topics relating to the development of education, systems and alternative means of learning.
- People-Profiles of the influential personas that influence, and are influenced by, this Timeline.
- Conflict-Topics relating to conflict, violence, international disputes, and resolutions.
- Infographics-Database of multimedia used to illustrate this Timeline. Principally maps, flags, images, art, and statistics.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.