Age of Authority is a beginner's map game, a place for all new users to the wiki who are excited to play map games but feel intimidated by the more professional map game of Principia Moderni IV, which has high standards of plausibility and a complex set of rules and algorithms. Starting in 100 AD with four-year turns, this map game is set to a simpler time, with basic rules and a basic algorithm. Experience in this game is meant to build up the experience for new users until they feel they can take on the more challenging world of Principia Moderni. So enjoy!
100 AD is a time of great centralization and homogenization, where half of the Earth's population is controlled by two Empires: one Latin, and one Han. These two live in isolation from each other, but with the vague knowledge of each other's existence through trade. New religions are on the rise with Christianity spreading throughout pagan Rome, as the canonical New Testament has just come to a close. Buddhism has just penetrated into China, where it too is making considerable headway. Art and culture flourish in these two empires, whose knowledge slowly disseminates to the neighboring nations.
- Plausibility will be enforced, but not so strictly. More as a guide than a rule.
- As each turn is four years, write in your post a summary of all the things your nation's people did during those years.
- If you declare war, write a summary of the campaign in your post. This gives a sense of the specific goals you set out in the campaign for these four years
- If you post anything that requires response from the mods, such as declaring war, clearly designate it as bold. Please do not bold anything that does not require mod intervention.
- Rome and China are off limits for players. This much should be obvious.
- That being said, players can role play some of the religious factions within Christianity. As a Christian player, you do not have any political authority but only religious. So keep that in mind.
- Wars are decided through a simple algorithm
- Have fun
- Teotihuacan -Tullin
- Zapotecs - AlternateHistoryMapper
- Hueves -
- Roman Empire (Mod only)
- Ireland - ikbencool
- Alba - 99501l90210 (talk) 22:58, October 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Dacia - 22:20, October 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Marcomanni - The History Nerd
- Bosporus - Praise Helix (Welcome my children)
- Vistulan People - Adolf Coffee
- Saxon Tribes- With Blood and Iron (talk) 03:07, November 2nd, 2017 (UTC)
- Garama -
- Kush - Sultan
- Lazica - Maine Nationalist (talk) 11:44, November 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Caucasian Iberia - CatonicCthulhu
- Caucasian Albania -
- Armenia - Hquvfrioyle Lilenofryn (talk) 21:00, October 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Nabataea -
- Himyar -
- Parthian Empire- User:TheOneMadman
- Transoxiana -
- Osrhoene -
- Adiabene -
- Atropatene -
- Hyrcania -
- Mesene -
- Persis -
- Omarid Kingdom -
- Kushan Empire -
- Indo-Scythian Kingdom -
- Sahatavanas Empire -
- Puzhinadu -
- Kongu -
- Colas -
- Cera -
- Ay -
- Pandyas -
- Lanka -
East and Central Asia
- Han Empire (Mod only)
- Prince of Yan -
- Min Yue -
- Goguryeo - – † ⌒⌒⌒＼(;ᄋ;＼)三(ﾉ>ᄉ<)ﾉ ~ ("니가먼저키스해!")
- Silla - warrior
- Baekje -
- Gaya Confederacy -
- Yayoi Japan - Erizium (talk)
- Xiongnu Confederacy - YaboiMr.Clean (talk)
- Funan - Sidewinder
The Game Has Begun. This first turn will last until 11:59 PM EST on October 15 to give people time to post.
Mod Events are underlined. They are events each turn controlled by the Mods. For how to post your turn, refer to the Talk Page.
After decades of being humiliated by the Dacian people, the Roman Senate approves Trajan Augustus to invade the Dacian Kingdom. As part of his campaign, the Tenth Legion is positioned at Vishal (modern day Vienna).
At the height of its power, the Roman Empire elects Frontinius, Pliny the Younger, Servianus, and Manius Maximus as Consuls in succession, all paired with the First Citizen, Emperor Trajan, the picked successor of the recently-departed Nerva. Trajan is a highly competent ruler and administrator, focusing on developing the military and expanding the power of Rome, which at this time consists of 50 million people and a military of 300,000. Bricks begin to be used across the Empire, as new Roman settlements are made in Africa, Hispania and Britannica.
Trajan's economic policies immediately take effect, as the Market of Trajan is constructed. However, a fire also breaks out in 104 AD. Works of Roman literature flourish at this time, spreading the Latin language. Epicetus publishes Discources and Plutarch Parallel LIves.
The extremities of Rome are more loosely governed, particularly the British Isles. The native Romano-Britain kingdoms have their own elected "High King" in the form of King Lucius, under the local Roman governor Titius Quietus. In order to obtain better access of Germania, the architect Apollodorus of Damascus builds a bridge over the Danube.
Christianity rapidly spreads across the Roman Empire as far as Britannica, but is also seen across the Middle East far into the Parthian Empire. Religious dogma first appears on matters related to morality and faith, but many other traditions are still unwritten. As the last of the original Apostles, John the Evangelist, dies in Ephesus, church authority rests on the apostolic successors across the five major Churches: Rome, Alexandria, Byzantium, Antioch, and Jerusalem. The Book of Revelations, last document of the New Testament, is completed at this time, but an official canon is yet to exist.
The Roman Empire Remians largely pagan, however, and Trajan considers Christianity a possible threat to the state. A temple to Baal is constructed in Syria. In the wake of the first Jewish-Roman War a generation earlier, the status of Jews across the empire are viewed with fierce suspicion.
The population of lions dwindle to extinction in Europe.
The Han Dynasty of China is the dominant power in East Asia, with efficient administration equal and opposite to Rome. Military expansion pushes into the Tarim Basin by General Ban Chao, who dies in 102 AD. The Silk Road exports silks and spices from the Han across Central Asia and India to Europe. Paper is first used at this time for currency. The wheelbarrow is also invented at this time.
Monumental works of Hindu and Buddhist literature are formulated across South Asia at this time, including the Kama Sutra, but along with many superstitions. The Fourth Buddhist Council is convened in Lanka. Although Buddhism is mostly in South Asia, the first Buddhist missionaries move through China at this time. Images and idols of Buddha appear as a staple of Indian art.
The rising hegemony of Axum takes power over the Kingdom fo Kush.
The Kingdom of Himyirate in modern-day Yemen is faced with war against barbarian kingdoms in Arabia.
The Hopwell culture begins to flourish along the Ohio River.
The great city of Teotihuacan is the dominant power in North America, with direct control over the whole Mexican Valley. It reaches a population of 50,000 at this time.
The Moche culture flourishes in Peru.
The Tainos also start to develop their culture.
- Marcommani: We continue to resist Roman influences, and continue to live separately from the Romans, but our King Vangio and many other chiefs and Germanic peoples of the tribe believe that the concept of "Nation and Unity" would benefit the people of Marcommani the best. We also promote unity between the Germanic tribes of The region named by the outsiders with spears as "Germania", into one single entity. Our King, with the approval of the chiefs and military commanders, start to implement policies similar to the foreign ways of governance. The King and his chief advisors all know that it will take decades to gully organize the Marcommani into a full fledged nation, but who knows?
- Vistulan People: As the Vistulan's begin to settle down along the Vistula River Valley, farming begins to advance in development with several farm communities developing with on being led by land owner Klaus of Vistula establishing a new village near the mouth of the river named Mudalak. He marries a Slave from another village named Buruka and gives birth to a son named Bogoslav. Mudalak begins to see a higher level of development. Huts begin to evolve into better established buildings such as areas of worship are made for the eight gods of the land. Grain grows to be a highly valued item for the Vistulans as the production of this good is traded a cross villages.the first iron daggers are used in a sub-village of Mudalak for defence against invaders. Canoes begin to become better designed as well to carry more men. Bogoslav celebrates his 3rd birthday on the hillside of the Vistula River Valley where a feast is held. The population of Mudulak rises to 3800.
- Bishop of Jerusalem: A Patriarch is crowned, Patriarch Andrew asks Rome for more freedom in the empire, he also helps convert more people along with up build up Jerusalem's government, we start to help the poor.
- Zapotecs: The Zapotecs have entered an era of expansion. We have united to face the dangers of the outside world and to stand against the rotting of time. We will begin expansion eastward.
- Bishop of Alexandria: The Patriarch begins funding a private militia to cement Christianity on the borderlands of the Roman Empire. He also begins contacting several Christian nobles about funding the militia. He contacts the Bishop of Byzantium about a possible union between their Bishoprics to strengthen and centralize the growing church. A charity is created which feeds and clothes poorer Romans and slaves in exchange for them converting to Christianity. Several churches are built in Africa to help spread Christianity there. The Bishop meets with Trajan and is offering to swear his allegiance to Rome if the Bishoprics are allowed to continue spreading Christianity.
- Bishop of Jerusalem Dip: We would like to join the union.
- Alexandria Dip: We agree to this and propose that we establish a council to discuss Christianity in a more centralized form and how efforts can be made to spread it. We set the date of this council for 105 AD and invite all of the Bishops. The Union is declared as the Bi-Bishopric of the East.
- The Bishop of Byzantium agrees to join the council in 105, wherever it is -Mod
- Bishop of Jerusalem Dip: We would like to join the union.
- Ireland: Thuatal Techtmar is the high king of Ireland and he is controlling all tribes on the island. Trade with the Romans continues like usual, just like the slave trade. There are some Roman soldiers present on the island to protect the traders. The population is around the 230,000.
- Teotihuacan: Our people for the first time begin to use Glyphic writing.This is used as the first way to write administration down.Most of them being for taxation and for making of treaties with other city state.Our Tlahtoāni becomes the first Leader of our nation being recorded in glyphs. Our farmers to begin developing more stone tools.While at the same time wooden logs with their roundness begin to develop as a form of transporting heavy materials. Corn also begin be grow more. While at the same time Roasted Snake becomes a popular food with the upper class. Our Army also begin to get standardised with all normal soldiers having to own a wooden war club and a reed shield with animal hide on top of it. And the Personal guard having to wear cloth army with feathers and animal tooth necklaces and Obsidan war clubs and wooden shields with hide and feathers.These soldiers are small numbers with around 100 Regular soldiers, And with 250 elite Jaguar Warriors.The Tlahtoāni Also decides that the families with most influence and smartest sons should with him make a Council of sons To get more work done in the City.
- Kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed and replaced by his military macho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge.
- Dacia: Decebalus, the king of Dacians, sends emissaries to the Iazyges, Marcomanni, Quads and Vistulans for an alliance against the ever-looming Roman threat, saying that Trajan's Rome is to be defeated, or else all will be lost. In exchange, he offers trade deals for Dacian resources in the mountains (Marcomanni and Vistulan RESPONSE) (MOD RESPONSE). He also sends secret men trying to bribe the governors of Moesia Inferior and Moesia Superior with promises of help if he allies with the Dacians against Trajan (MOD RESPONSE). Funds go into building up the Dacian mountain-fortresses and arming the people, preparing for a war for life and death. May Gebeleizis give us strength!
- The Quads and Lazyges agree to ally with Dacia to stop the Roman invasion. -Mod
- Moesia inferior takes the bribe to surreptitiously delay Trajan. -Mod
- The Vistulans: We except this gift and in exchange gives grain and a variety of other goods.
- The King of Marcommani Energetically Accepts the offer, as he promoters for more tribal unity in the region, and to stop foreign Influence and invasion from the soldiers they call "Speermänner" (German for Spearmen).
- Parthian Empire: There is attempts to start centralization in the empire. Roads are built, trade between the feudal states is increasing, and taxes are being collected. The road to centralization, however, will be long and difficult, and it looks like events in the court are more pressing. Pacorus II, ruler of the empire, seems to be on death's door. Vologases III of Armenia swears he will take the throne. This makes Osroes, brother to Pacorus and heir to the throne, furious, and he vows to declare war on Armenia and it's allies if Vologases takes the throne. Fortunately, Pacorus lives to see 104.
- Bishopric of Rome: Evaristus becomes the new Bishop of Rome, succeeding Clemet, God bless his soul. In order to prevent persecution of Christians in Rome, Evaristus goes to Emperor Trajan, saying that the Bishopric of Rome will recognize Trajan's rule if Christians are not persecuted in Rome, even offering Trajan consul when he needs it. In 104 we immediately respond and help those burning in the Trajan Market Fire, delivering water where we can to combat the fire. We mourn the death of John the Apostle, and we attempt the canonization of the New Testament with Revelation written down, especially the Gospel. We attempt a union with the Church of Corinth.
Any player currently signed up who doesn't have any post by the end of this turn will be unsigned to make room for other players
Trajan proceeds with his invasion across the Danube, stationing the Second Legion at Aquincum.
The Roman Empire invades the Nabataean Kingdom, seizing the city of Kerak.
Trajan's campaign against the Dacians is delayed, however, to deal with the situation in Egypt. The Roman prefect Marcus Lupus reports that an armed militia is gathering loyal to the Bishop Kedron. In reaction, Trajan sends a Century to crush the rebellion . (Alexandria player, you can either surrender or fight with an algo as described on the talk page)
As the incident is quelled in Egypt, Trajan initiates the Third Great Persecution of the Church, declaring Christianity an enemy of the state. Andrew the Just, bishop of Jerusalem, is crucified, and Kedron of Alexandria is also ordered to be arrested. Bishop Ignatius of Antioch writes a series of letters to the Council of Churches from Byzantium, Alexandria and Jerusalem, affirming the need for unity within a Universal (Catholic) Church. Subsequent to these letters, Ignatius is also arrested and killed in the Colosseum.
This persecution, however, only serves to strengthen the churches in these cities, as the communities continue to spread underground, and new bishops are elected to replace the martyrs. However, Trajan shows clemency to the churches in Rome, and spares the lives of Bishop Evaristus as well as many of the Church presbyters.
In spite of these troubles, the prestige of the Roman Empire continues to grow. Ambassadors from the Tamil states of India arrive in Rome in 107 AD. Tacitus also completes his history of Rome around this time. Doctor's offices are created for the first time. Trajan's Bridge is completed at this time, along with various other projects such as the Aqua Traniana.
The Kushan Empire begins an expansionist phase against the kingdoms of Nepal, and encroaches against Parthia eyeing their weakened state.
In China, the Eastern Han Dynasty of China becomes internally unstable under a quick succession of young emperors, with the Queen Dowager in de facto control over the Empire. The magnificent scientist Cai Lun perfects the art of paper making, which becomes standard across East Asia. Tributes of slaves are sent from the Yayoi Kingdom of Japan annually.
Baekje and Silla end the war they had been fighting for the last 20 years.
The State of Funan is founded in Southeast Asia.
- The Bishop of Alexandria: The Bishopric undergoes a schism between the Bishop and his brother. The Bishop's brother, leader of the Militia, decides to take them and flee to Axum where they will prepare to wage a holy war against Trajan and hopes to establish an underground network of Christians to overthrow Trajan while the Bishop hands himself over and swears his allegiance to Trajan, saying that, if Trajan acts correctly, he could use the Church to enforce his rule and better control his people (Roman response). Several devout Christians in Roman Morocco form a militant group known as the Sanctus Ignis, who consist of veteran soldiers and commanders appalled by Trajan's crackdown on Christianity. They exist completely in secret for now and travel the countryside in Iberia, secretly recruiting peasants to work in their underground army. They then make their way into Britannia and set up base there where there is little Roman presence and therefore little persecution of Christians.
- Trajan does not take the offer -Mod
- Zapotecs: The Zapotecs has started extending their influence through out Mesoamerica. Ever since we stepped out of Monte Alba, we have been adapting to the toxic political atmosphere that is of the Nahuatls. The Zapotecs has begun annexing other Mesoamerican cultures and smaller tribes into ours. And with the birth of a new Tribe leader among our ranks, the Zapotecs sees a bright future. Expansion eastward has now veered slightly to the North.
- Marcommani: We continue to Make the Marcommani into a More Foreign like government, with an Armed Militia being de-established as the defense force of the tribe with an Official Trained Army, though still use wooden spears and swords. With are new army, we give them their first Mission, and that is to safely Guard supplies that is going to the Dacia people to aid them in their war against the Romans. They do this successfully, which surprises the King a little, expecting for them to screw up while doing SOMETHING on the mission, but they did well. The Army is made to make an oath to loyalty to the king, making the army his Own, the King realizes that The Speermänner army (Roman Army) has People who Command the soldiers, using weeks of planned Strategy, the King Decides that elders should become these "Bosses" of The troops during times of war. We furthermore Push for union between the Germanic Tribes, and even know they aren't a Germanic tribe, we request an Alliance with the Vistulan People, in exchange, we will trade with them. (player Response)
- Teotihuacan: Our Tlahtoāni begins to give more power to him and the council of Sons. Where the council has mostly administrative power he gains power of foreign policy and for the army. The Jaguar warriors also become even more trained and learn the tactics of the eagle. Where the claws directly attacks in the middle the wings sneak around and the back keep back rested for battle.
- Bosporan Kingdom: The Kingdom continues its trade with the Roman empire, with wealth being confiscated from the Kurgans of the Steppes. Sauromates the current king of Bosporus begins to take a more aggressive approach with dealing with the neighboring Alazones. We begin to expand into their land primarily within Crimea establishing military outposts and trading settlements. The kingdom maintains a stance of neutrality toward the Roman-Dacian war, the reasoning being that we possess no ill-will toward the Dacians but as Rome is our primary benefactor it would serve in our best interests to stay out of the war. A law is passed making the Denarius the standard currency of the Kingdom, this is done primarily to promote trade with Rome. Despite their more aggressive policy toward the Alazones, Sauromates sends a diplomatic envoy to the Alans and Sarmatians hoping to establish trade between us (Mod response). Within the city of Phanagoria, the capitol of the Kingdom the followers of Aphrodite's cult establish a Temple of love and fertility. This temple establishes priests in private "sessions of love" dedicated to the Goddess. While some more prudent members of society look down upon the temple as improper, it quickly becomes popular among the upper class of the Kingdom.
- Trade is accepted - Mod
- Bishop of Jerusalem: his father killed, 11 year old Nathanael the Fair flees to Armenia to hide in the hills, a proxy bishop, Jude call up the protection of the other bishops and the old family of Jews, the Maccabees, even though we need a peaceful ending we also called up the bishop of Alexandria to protect very old books, send women and kids of our church to Axum while the men to get ready to fight, we start to fortified our buildings in the city, Nathanael sends letters to the bishop on making the church and place it in Armenia or Jerusalem after the war (response from bishops).
- Parthian Empire: Pacorus II, King of Kings and Emperor of all Parthia, dies in 105 AD. Vologases of Armenia attempts to take the throne and is almost successful, however, a guard secretly loyal to Osroes shoots and kills him with an arrow shortly before the coronation ceremony can begin, and Vologases dies. Because of this, Osroes takes the throne, and declares himself Arsaces the Fortieth. He attempts to get every lord of Parthia to declare allegiance to him, for the greater good of the empire. (Mod and Parthian lords Response) More roads and public works projects are planed, and investments into a new standing army are made.
- Vistulan People: As Mudalak continues to rise as the most powerful village of the region, news reaches the leader and lord of Mudalak that his wife's family has been enslaved by the Bojogov Tribe, a slavic tribe to the east which is renowned for being a ruthless and barbaric state. This leads to the organization of around 600 men(most of which are German) to set off with Klaus to rescue and takeover the village in 105 AD. With his men, Klaus enters the village with no mercy and the men begin to pillage and take all of what they can from the village while facing 400 men on the bottom of a hill. There, a bloody battle ensues leading to the destruction of the Bojogov army with only 120 of Klaus's men perishing. With the capture of the village, many of the men capture and execute the leaders of the village while others commit atrocities of rape and more. By the end of it all, the village was in shambles but the family of Baruka that were enslaved for 30 days were now free and are sheltered back in Mudulak. The first children of the unfortunate rape victims are born having now the DNA of that of a German or already German-Slavic man of the brutal Klaus Army. Following this event, roads are built across Mudulak and sub villages are now connected to the rest of Mudulak. A fortress begins to be built around Mudulak and with architecture increasing in development, A large house is built for Lord Klaus. With this being completed, many homes are remodeled across the now Fortified Mudulak making livelihood and accommodations better. With trade with the Dacians on the rise, we're able to form an economy. Mudulak incorporates the village of Bojogov into the Mudulak Proto-State in 108 AD. Ethnic and Racial mixing grows significantly with the slavs and Germans but the thought of mixing the language grows as some words are copied into each other's language within the area. Mudulak following the Conquering of the village and unity of the sub-villages gives the proto-state a population of 13,000. We offer Asylum to German and Slavic fugitives from across the land for protection. Harvest continue to be continuing to have a surplus of crops and food as more farmland is cleared out in multiple villages for the next growing seasons. As Mudulak grows in power, another village to the west grows in power as trade is brought in from Dacia to the village of Kursk.
- Kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed and replaced by his military macho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag. With Christians feeling into our country we ask ROME if they would just send us them instead of killing them.
- Bishop of Byzantium: Sedecion, the new ruler of Byzantium, begins his reign by revitalizing literature and art, while going along with the persecution of any Christians living in the main city, Byzantium, as well as in Athens and other major coastal Greco-Roman cities. Not many citizens of Byzantium are enjoying Trajan mainly due to his ruthless and careless behavior. However, citizens still proclaim their loyalty to his ruling. Controlling the trade from the Mediterranean to the Bosporan Kingdom, Sedecion begins to slowly cut the trade input and output by either stockpiling the materials or simply sending them somewhere else.
- Bishopric of Rome: Upon the mercy of Trajan, the life of Evaristus is spared, and he is allowed to die a natural death in 107. Before his passing, Evaristus writes about the Persecution of the Church, especially in Jerusalem, being a Jew himself, condemning Trajan and his horrific atrocities against Christians around the Empire, as well as concurring with Bishop Ignatius' call of a Universal Church in these times of immense terror. While Evarstus condemns Trajan for his persecution, he also says that even Trajan is capable to be merciful, citing his clemency to Roman Christians. "Even Trajan the merciless can be merciful, even Trajan the Persecutor can be saved by the grace of God." Upon the death of Evaristus, Alexander becomes the next Bishop of Rome, where he expands on Evaristus' writings, stating that Trajan is a symbol of humanity. "Like Trajan, all of man is capable to fall into sin, including wrath that only seeks destruction, being merciless in persecution to those who violate his will or wrong him in some other way. But neither Trajan nor man is solely wrathful, for we are capable of mercy and forgiveness, especially to our enemies. Though God is also wrathful when we violate His will when we sin, and sin we do, he is also merciful, and he gave us mercy through Christ and Christ alone. Thus Trajan, and all of human kind, can be saved by the grace of God." Alexander intends to send the message that all can be saved by sending out missionaries to all corner's of the world, starting with spreading Christianity to the newly formed Bosporan Kingdom. We continue the policy of working with Trajan, seeking not only his salvation, but the salvation for all of Rome, both in the City and across the Empire. We send Christians into Doctor offices to heal the sick and the broken, as well as assisting the construction and maintenance of Trajan's Bridge and the Aqua Traiana. Alexander mourns the loss of Bishop Ignatius in the Coliseum, watching his execution live, and takes up the mantel of creating the Universal (Catholic) Church, claiming he is the modern Peter, for Christ founded the Church upon the rock of Peter, the first Bishop of Rome, so it's only logical that the Bishops of Rome continue to be the Church's foundation for all the ages. Meanwhile, both underground Christian movements are facilitated in preparation for a potential persecution by Trajan and Roman Christians go out in the streets of Rome to help whomever is in need.
As a pro tip, remember that every turn is exactly 24 hours. So if you are worried about missing a turn, just post twice the same day (in different turns), and that'll put you back on track. Exactly when during the day that is depends on your time zone. Here it's Midnight EST (UTC-5).
Trajan's economic reforms continue to expand the prestigue of the empire, as the Forum of Trajan and the Arch of Benevento are completed. Suetonius completes his history of Rome called the Twelve Caesars. Rome and China exchange goods along the Silk Road.
Having dispelled the insurreciton in Egypt, Trajan invades Dacia a second time. Titius Quietus is dispatched with a modest force to keep the Jewish-Christian insurreciton contained to Judea.
The Nabataean Kingdom is annexed by Rome.
Most of the Parthian princes ally to Arsaces XL Osroes. However, the sub-kingdom of Media continues to revolt under the rule of Shah Parthamaspates.
The Kushan Empire goes to war against the Sakas (the Indo-Skythian Kingdom)
Christianity begins to be more centralized, with heirarchal bishops based on apostolic succession. Churches from Byzantium, Jerusalem, and Alexandria follow the council of 105 AD, based on Saint James the Just, whereas the churches of Antioch and Rome follow the succession of Peter. Holy men preach the Gospel in Bosporos and Kush.
The persecution of Trajan continues in ernest, forcing most Christian churches to be held in secret. In Greece, the comic playwrite Lucian writes The Passing of Peregrain, which mocks the religion. In Judea, Nathanel the Fair finds allies with the Jewish Zealots led by Lukas Andreas, also enemies with Rome.
- Zapotecs: The leader/shaman who has been leading the unified Zapotecs ever since Monte Alba, dies when he led a hunting group in the forests of Oxoaca. His son, Zyanya, rises up to lead the Zapotecs in place of his father. Many in the ranks of the Mesoamericans doubt the skills of Zyanya since he is still young.
- Marcommani: We continue to Make the Marcommani into a More Foreign like government, with increases trade with other tribes, and, with the order from the king, Start to build a Large village, (What we would call a town today) called "Großes Dorf" (Large Village in German) that will be our Cäpital, it should be built in a couple of years. We continue to send supplies to the Davcians with our New Army Guarding it. Elders who had been in the tribal militia before our reforms accept the role of being the "Bosse" (German for "bosses") of certain "Battle groups" (Pretty much Early versions of Divisions but they are much larger with three Battle groups Composing the Army.) again we Send a Message to the Vistulans requesting an Trading alliance (Vistula response NEEDED).
- Dacia: Decebalus asks his allies to ATTACK the Roman Empire while he deals with the Romans, harassing their parties in the night and drawing them into battle at an important pass. Important treasure is sent to an unknown location for safekeeping. Funds go into building up the Dacian mountain-fortresses and arming the people, preparing for a war for life and death. May Gebeleizis give us strength!
- Marcommani Messenger: We apologise to the Dacians and explain that are forces are not as Modern as The Speer (Roman) armies and could be defeated Easily with only 50,000 Warriors (What we call Our Soldiers) we could easily be crushed by the superior Speer Army, we still will keep sending Aid and weapons to the Dacians.
- Mudulakan Dip: We help by giving grain and preserved fish for the Dacian Army. Dimitri the Honorable is sent to Dacia to help with war tactics such as guerrilla warfare and such to find the best possible plans to make a war campaign against the "Feathered Reds" (Romans) as effective as possible.
- Ireland:The new king ordered a plan to build roads around the hill where the palace is located. Some merchants build an outpost on the mainland (OTL Scotland) to improve trade with the tribes there. The outpost contains around the 100 people. Other merchants want to do the same on a little island (OTL Isle of Man) and the Roman territory (OTL Wales), but this did not happen yet.
- Bishop of Jerusalem: We follow the teaching of James the just, Nathanael the Fair in exiles, starts the Judean Orthodox Church, we thank Lukas Andreas for help, we also start to sabotage the Roman army while still be peaceful, a Judean Orthodox Church is set up in Jerusalem and in Yerevan, we spread this church though out the levent and Armenia, we request the Sanctus Ignis to protect proxy Bishop Jude and Nathanael (Bishop of Alexandria response needed).
- Vistulan People: With the rise of Klaus and Mudulak, the region is shifted permanently for the better. With Asylum seekers and escapees now seeking protection and being protected in our country, they begin to live normal lives. Trade with outside villages increase while several Slavic and German villages plot to destroy Mudulak. This plan though is halted as one of the villages are captured due to rumors of this situation by 80 men of the Mudulak Army. As what happened in Bojogov, execution, murder, and rape occurred but in a smaller scale. This village is held under protection by the Klaus Army until being incorporated to what is now called the Greater Lordom of Mudulak. Besides these circumstances, we repay back to the people with better leadership, organization, development, and fairness. As the Slavic-German cultural and racial integration continues to spread throughout OTL Prussia to OTL Poland, cultural tensions fall leading to more stability and unity. Roads become more developed connecting all of the villages to Mudulak. Dimitri of Borjogov moves to Mudulak and begins the attempts of learning the Dacian language in order to seek a higher level of education. He later is recruited into the military and helps in the Battle of Gorgos, a small German Village who had attacked a small group of 20 Mudulak soldiers travelling to Borjogov to handle a small disturbance of around 30 men and women who were trying to attack the newly established advisor picked by Klaus for the village. Following the capturing of Gorgos, he returns back to Mudulak to help Klaus establish a stronger government and create a better military. Kursk continues to develop and decides for the better of it's people, to become a client state to Greater Mudulak. New settlements are made along the coast with fishing becoming popular amongst these people. Iron tools and weapons grow becoming more used and common especially within the Mudulak Army where daggers and spears continue to be developed. Iron Axes and iron plated shields also become used within the military with axes being used as a tool for cutting down logs to make homes and also for offensive or defensive attack in warfare. We accept Marcommani's offer of alliance.
- Parthian Empire: Enraged at his son's actions, Osroes sends in the army of Parthia and the armies of his principality allies, numbering at about 125,000 infantrymen and 20 catapults. Osroes wants Media to be and example of what will happen if the states of the empire rebel. He gives explicit orders, however, that the Shah is not to be harmed, lest the heir to the throne dies. He orders instead Parthamaspates be brought to him as a hostage, and humbled before the King. In other news, a road network is close to completion in the west, and farms are being built and improved throughout the empire, as well as some small mines and forts. Several cities are also starting improvement projects.
- Are you sure this is important enough to send your entire military? -Mod
- OK, fine. I changed it. -Mad
- Vistulan People As Dimitri escapes Dacia at nightfall following the surrender of the Dacia Army, he returns home six months later. After returning, he begins working alongside Klaus strengthening the Lordom's military power. An official name is presented to the army called Heeriya. We begin to work on a numerical system to count and keep track of the number of troops we have. As the spread of Germanic-Slavic culture continues, the unity between the people grow. Racial Mixing continues to increase rapidly. The plot to destroy the Madaluk Society is uncovered and one by one the eight villages that had plans to attack and destroy our hard work is destroyed leadership-wise while retaining the population and more with rape being less of an event but executions being at a higher rate. Slaves are less likely to be found in the center of Madaluk but more likely to be found in outside small towns and villages. A large stone and brick castle-like building begins to be constructed for Klaus. Kusk continues to become more dependant on the Madaluk State. We continue to except asylum seeekers especially escapes from the now occupied Roman Dacia. We expand our reaches to the OTL Modern Day Germany Border when it comes to cultural influence and ethnic land claims. coastal Areas increase in the amount of settlement.
Having completed his war against Dacia, Trajan deals with the larger insurrection in the east. Groups of Jewish Zealots led by Lukas Andreas launch uprisings across Libya, Cyprus and Judea, in conjunction with the Judean Orthodox Church. Known as the Kitos War, Trajan with his generals Marcus Lupus and Titius Quietus engage their counter-attack to crush the rebellions. The 22nd Legion lands in Libya, the 7th Legion lands in Cyprus, while another 5000 troops land at Caesarea.
A revolt against Rome occurs in Celtic Britain, massacuring a Roman fort in Eboracum (OTL York).
A 7.2 magnitude Earthquake strikes Syria, near Antioch. The Bishop of Antioch, Heron, is blamed for the earthquake, and subsequently martyred by local Roman authorities. The presbyters subsequently elect Cornelius to succeed him.
Further great bulding projects continue across Rome, including the Pantheon, Trajan's Forum, and the mosaic Battle of Centaurs. The city of Rome itself exceeds one million, and is the largest city on Earth. The persecution of the church continues, but gradually subsides, despite political complications by the Kitos War.
Having concluded their war against the Indo-Skythians, the Kushan Empire initiates a war agaisnt Parthia, invading OTL Balochistan. They hope to take advantage against the civil unrest with the Medes.
The Skythian kingdom attempts to gain more territory by invading eastward in India.
The internal feud between northern and southern clans in the Xiongnu comes to an end, further uniting Mongolia.
- Zapotecs: Zyanya has proven himself to be a worthy leader. He has significantly improved some infrastructural problems in Monte Alba and has successfully found the tribes who killed his father. Upon tradition, Zyanya has ordered an expansion to the North and East of Mesoamerica. Stating that their future does not lay in their homes bu in the world which ☀Coquihani has basked his light in.
- Marcomanni: We continue to Make the Marcommani into a More Foreign like government, with increases trade with other tribes. The Future Cäpital Is going great, with the area being around OTL Munich,Bavaria. King Vargio gives his Second Mission to the Proffesional Warriors of the Marcomanni Army, to go and futhure explore more north (OTL North Bavaria). They Accept the mission (I mean they kinda have too by law) and a couple 100 Warriors and Explorers go out of tribal territory and up north and explore more of OTL north Bavaria, they plant a wooden spear on the Ground with a bundle of sticks On it, which other tribes know it's the Sign of Marcomanni Territory. (Our territory consists of A strip of OTL North Austria, And Most of OTL Bavaria.) the king orders for more reforms to take place, such as having a more "Modern Legal System"as he perceives the tribe's current legal system. He orders for Men who cheat on their wives to be punished and to be humiliated in front of the tribe, making cheating illegal.
- Bishop of Jerusalem: We start to fund Lukas Andreas, we keep spreading the Judean Orthodox Church throughout the Levant and Armenia,, Nathanael the Fair makes a Letter of Independence which is sent to Trajan and we request the Sanctus Ignis to protect proxy bishop Jude and Nathanael (Bishop of Alexandria response needed).
- Kingdom of Bosporus: The aggressive attacks on the Alazones continue building more forts and trade outposts expanding into their land. Trade with the Sarmatians and Alans prove very profitable and brings in much wealth to the cities of Phanagoria and Theodosia, In order to further stimulate our economy, we request a trade route to be opened with the Roxolani, Getae, and Dacians (Mod response for Roxolani and Getae). In the city of Phanagoria, walls are built around the city to protect it from attacks by the Alazones. In order to further protect our interests in the Cimmerian Sea (Sea of Azov) we begin to build up our navy. Administration reforms begin to pass giving power to bureaucrats chosen by the King, subtracting from the nobles power. Although minor the presence of christianity in our cities has not gone unnoticed, so far the current administration is unsure of what to do with them and decides to be more cautious in regards to them. In addition to this the King Sauromates ask for trade rights to transport Silk and other goods from the ports of Trapezus and Amisus (Rome mod response).
- Rosolani and Getae agree. ~Thewolvesden
- Dacia agrees.
- Rome agrees to a limited trade deal, concerned of investing too much as Bosporus is not the main Silk Route -Nate
- Dacia: After the mysterious death of Decebalus, Burebista II, new King of the Dacians, surrenders to the Roman authority and wants to become a client kingdom of the Romans, similar to the Bosporus Kingdom, under Roman suzeiranity. (MOD response.)
- The Roman Senate accepts the surrender and creates an autonomous Client Kingdom -Nate
- Bishopric of Rome: In the latter years of Alexander, from 110-114, the Roman Church fell into internal chaos as Alexander himself collapsed within, descending deep into insanity as he received multiple visions from both God and Lucifer, "I saw legions upon legions of soldiers, entire armies of beings of both Light and Darkness incarnate, and all of humanity was between the forces of Light and Darkness, between God the Creator and Lucifer the Destroyer. All the wars being waged in Heaven, in Hell, and on Earth is being waged for the soul and spirit of humanity, and every human is a battle, everyday we struggle and fight within ourselves whether to create and obey God's will for us, or to destroy and violate God's will by being in sin. But it goes deeper than that, sometimes we do not know what God's will is, we do not know what we should do, and in this darkness a light comes, but this light is false, for it is the light of Lucifer, it starts joyful and good but then it becomes twisted in deception. It is here we must cast out Lucifer, and surround yourself with your loved ones and those who know the Lord, for they will set you on the righteous path, and finally embrace God fully, repenting for all we have done, pleading for forgiveness. This eternal war is one for the salvation of all, I plead for everyone to choose life and not death. Die to yourself to live forever, surrender yourself to Christ alone to live forever." Alexander died naturally, but he lives forever in Heaven. The passing of Alexander makes Xystus the Bishop of Rome in the current age, and he reunifies the broken Roman church by calling upon all Roman Church leaders to canonize the Bible,
with all the Septuagint canonized and translated into Latin.The New Testament is also canonized per OTL, with the exception of Revelation being split into the Revelation of John and the Revelation of Alexander (the Bishop of Rome.) After the Roman canonization of the Bible, the Roman Church erupts into fierce debate and division over how to respond Trajan waging the Kistos War, with the Kistoians condemning Trajan for his horrific actions against the Judean Orthodox Church, citing that Jesus Himself was a Jew and was put to death by Romans. In response, the Trajanists try to silence and suppress the Kistoians in order to not awaken Trajan's wrath upon the Roman church, countering that Trajan has been merciful to Roman Christians and that the Jews condemned Jesus to death. In the midst of this discord, Xystus flees the Roman Council, seeing the beauty and prosperity of the largest city on Earth flourishing, only to return and declare. "Our people are Roman, our church is Roman, our city is Rome, our Empire is Rome, our Emperor is Rome. Through Rome we shall save all Romans, including our Emperor Trajan. In order to save Rome, we must help Rome." With this declaration of support for both the Roman Empire and the Roman Emperor, young Roman Christian males join the Roman Army to fight for Rome in the Kistos War, bringing with them the Roman Biblical canon and spreading the Gospel of Christ to the Pagans and Gentiles in Libya, Cyprus, and Judea, even founding Roman rite churches there. The Roman rite churches of the East are established everywhere, and since many Roman Christian soldiers have to leave after founding these churches, most of the Eastern Roman rite churches become infused with Judean and pagan beliefs. Meanwhile, supporters of the Kitos Jews form underground movements in Rome, heavily raising anti-Roman sentiment, calling for the death of Trajan, thus effectively splitting from the Bishopric of Rome.
- Little too quick there -Nate
- Parthian Empire: Surprised at the Kushan attack, Osroes decides to pull out most of the Parthian force out of the mostly occupied Medes, leaving about 25,000 men to finish up the Medeian Revolt. He sends the rest of his standing army, 225,000 men and ten catapults, across the Empire via the new road network, however roads are still poor in the east and they arrive in 116. Meanwhile, the people of the cities and villages fight against the Kush, forming small untrained garrisons that offer only marginal resistance, but hope to give the Parthian forces time to get there. In other news, the Shah of Medes flees, and Osroes offers a hefty reward for anyone who captures him.
Starting turn slightly early. If you want to post in the last turn in the next half-hour, you may do so.
Hadrian Augustus succeeds Trajan as Emperor of Rome. This is seen as a smooth transition of power at the height of Rome's power, and at this time the Market Gate in Miletus is constructed along with the Temple of Venus in Rome. Hadrian is viewed as somewhat supersitious, as he engages in the Eleusinian Mysteries in Athens.
The revolt in Britain is crushed, and Hadrian personally visits the island to observe its strategic value. He orders the construction of the Foss Dyke, as well as a Great Wall to separate the Roman posessions from the barbarians in Alba. Roman garissons previously held in northern Britain are abandoned, with the most northern garrison being stationed in Vindolanda. However, shortly after this point the Ninth Legion stationed in Britain mysteriously disappears.
There is a revolt in Ireland by the King of Munster, Mug Nuadat, against the High King Conn.
The Third Great Persecution of the Church comes to an end as Trajan expires. Christians are no longer actively persecuted at this time. Jews continue to be viewed with suspician due to the recent revolt, and the eastern Legions tend to see the Judean Orthodox Church as associated with them.
In order to avoid war in the east, Hadrian reaches out to the Parthian Emperor Osroes Shah for a peace treaty.
Ambassadors from Indo-Skythians reside in Rome. At the same time, the Sakas extend their political power across central India.
The Han Dynasty continues to dominate its region, expanding futher into the Tarim Basin. The polymath Zheng Heng makes reforms to their calendar.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: We officially change the name from bishop form to patriarch, we start to update and expand the the teachings of james the just with Nathanael the Fair teachings (OTL all the old Eastern Orthodox Christian teachings), Nathanael the Fair half brother Manuel was ride his donkey when snake come near the donkey it reared up knocking Manuel off of it which made him hit his head on the rock, he was in a coma for week he woke up one night where he was speaking in tongues and having convulsions, Nathanael the Fair sees and this says it's the holy ghost in him and after a hour of it he's fine, these teachings Nathanael the Fair that the holy ghost heals and expels the demons, sends the letter about and how to do it to all the Bishops,The New Testament is also canonized per OTL, we also take little bits from Bishop of Rome gospel, we spread our gospel in the Levant and Judea, we send a men name Karmel the Blonde to spread the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol, we request the Sanctus Ignis to protect proxy bishop Jude and Nathanael (Bishop of Alexandria response needed).
- Zapotecs: As the Zapotec culture spreads in Mesoamerica, Zyanya proves himself time and time again that he is a capable leader. Along with this, we discover new ways of improving our agricultural manners. Farms are getting sophisticated as time passes.
- Funan: Infrastructure is developed, as well as the expansion of the canal system within the nation under the command of King Liuye. Silver is mined within the grounds of the city of Angkor Borei and minted into currency. Trade coming in from Malaya or China runs through the nation, and we collect a good deal of money from the markets here. Tributes of gold and silver are to be sent to the Han Dynasty to get on their good side, while we develop our culture.
- Marcomanni: We continue to Make the Marcommani into a More Foreign like government, with increases trade with other tribes. The Future Cäpital Is going great, with the area being around OTL Munich,Bavaria. We continue to Inforce more "Modern" Laws, according to our King, Vargios, which he continues to expand the Law,And enforcing The law on the government, Making a sort of Rule of Law, where if a government Official were to do something that aid Tabu in Marcomanni, or do something bad to a Citizens, they can get punished. Divorce is still ILLEGAL, as Our tradition has always had it. Robbing, Stealing, Burning stuff on Purpose (I know it's called arson but it's Ancient times, they didn't have a word for it), like it always has, but make it more known, and greatly enforce it. Punishment for a crime is: Humiliation, Disgrace, Embarrisment, and a week of isolation. Even though it goes against Vargios's Policies and Extreme Isolation from the Romans, he decides that if Marcommani is to become a strong, United, Orderly NATION, not tribe, it has too trade with the outside world, not just with other tribes. So Vargios orders for a Messenger to be Sent to the End of the Tribal Territory, up to where the Speermänner Guardians are, and request to see their Chief, As his King Wishes to make Realtions with the Speermänners (Mod response NEEDED). We continue interaction and trade with the Vistulans.
- The Senate affirms to extend the Pax Romana by sending literature and technology to Romanize the Marcomanni -Mod
- Bishop of Byzantium: With the end of the persecution, Bishop Policarpus of Byzantium begins to organize his diocese and to encourage the practices of charity and the conversion of new Christians. He writes for the bishops of Antioch, Rome, Jerusalem, and Alexandria. In the letters he writes that the churches need to use this moment of relative peace to unite as one Holy Universal Church.
- Kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed and replaced by his military macho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag. With Christians feeling into our country we ask ROME if they would just send us them instead of killing them.
- Xiongxui: With our tibal feud sorted out, new ventures can be taken. Our army attacks the turkic tribes to the west, hoping to add the prosperouss cities on the silk road to our empire.
- Parthian Empire: (Quick note, as of this second, i do not have the results from the Invasion will change later when i get them.-Mad) Osroes is happy about the Roman peace offer, and he presents a deal of 50 years of mutual peace between Romans and Parthians, in which Parthia will let Rome use it's roads for trade purposes and Rome will let Parthia trade with it. (Mod Response) The Civil unrest in Medas is being swept up, but the Shah remains free, and Osroes offers a great reward in gold, silver, and silk to whomever person or whatever Kingdom turns him in. Many cities are improved with new granaries and stables, and many farms are improved. Osroes is considering a Tax reform move that would further unite his empire. Osroes is showing sings of old age, but he is still fit to rule as of now.
- Hadrian accepts this deal, and will hold the Parthians accountable to maintaining it, in conjuction to the earlier treaty with Parthia that ensures they will not encroach on Greater Armenia -Mod
- Vistulan People: As our people continue to prosper and the Madaluks continue to reign supreme over the culture, As the first Numerical System continues to be developed, we begin making shields for our military to be more complex and sophisticated in design such as including iron plating. With Canoes becoming more and more slower as a way of river and coastal transport, The Greater Madaluks develop a larger, sturdier, and more efficient way of transportation by boats that could carry up to 30 people and introduced the concept of multiple paddlers that stear the ships. As some Dacian Asylum Seekers and citizens who are Anti-Roman arrive, we begin to decide where we should place the population of around 800 Native Dacians at. A location in OTL Poland-Slovakia Border is established as a settlement for the Dacian People. Some 300 of our men are left there to make sure the settlement remains stable. The Madaluks make several deals with villages around the settlement for mutual respect and non-aggression. This Agreement is drawn onto slabs and tablets due to no existing writting system available. Dimitri leads a wave of cunning diplomacy across the villages to support a united union of Vistulan villages and minor proto-states lead under Klaus although many wanted Dimitri to be the leader of the union due to Klaus's brutal ways of handling war. This union is named the Vistulan league which extends from OTL Prussia to the newest Madaluk Settlement in OTL Poland-Slovakia. Tools continue to be replaced from Bronze to Iron. Our culture and ethnic lands expand further into OTL Lithuania and Poland. Kusk decides to use it's semi-autonomous leadership to join the League pushing unity further between the villages. A large house of meetings is Created in the center Madaluk for meetings between villages.
- Dacia: Burebista II begins rebuilding destroyed lands during the Dacian Wars and begins building trade outposts on roads toward the Apollodorus Bridge. We trade with Vistulan and Bosphorian traders, but we refuse to give up the native religion or allow Christianity to enter the country. As such, any Christian entering the country will be killed. Gebeleizis is honoured upon by his duonymics, one for the sky and one for the earth, and Burebista tries to introduce a more codified religion of the Dacians.
Apologies for the late turn. Don't ask why.
Emperor Hadrian extends policies to protect Rome's borders, primarily by strengthening the people living there. The Panhellenian league is established between Greek city-states within the Empire, and Hadrian's Wall in Britain is completed. At the same time, the Satires of Juvenel point out the moral failures within the core of Rome, prompting many bakeries to begin donating bread to the poor. Fossiles of dinosaurs begin to be found in Dalmatia, believed to be Dragons.
Hadrian proclaims that, to deter future persecution, Christians will not be executed without proper trial. Among the Christian churches, some books not included within the canon of Xystus or Judas begin circulating, including: the Teaching of the Twelve Apostles, the Epistle of Barnabas, the Shepherd of Hermas, the First and Second Epistles of Clement, and the Gospel of Bartholomew.
A strange new form of plague sweeps across North Africa, primarily in Numidia (OTL Morocco). This causes economic trouble across Egypt and East Africa. The Third Legion is stationed in Numidia to prevent disorder.
The Satavahanas Dynasty of India crushes the Indo-Skythians in battle, and thus dominates the subcontinent from one coast to the other.
The Han Dynasty goes through a brief civil war in 125 AD, as the male courtiers rescues the young Emperor from influence by the Dowager Empress. Meanwhile, the engineer Zheng Heng invents a form of hydrolic power.
Indigenous Christian communities appear in both Axum and Bosporus.
- Marcomanni: We Accept the Technilogy and Weslthfare of the Speermänners, but would like to Keep our own traditions. We continue our reforms, with more training for the army, we place our own guards at the border with the speermänners. We Start making a new education system, it's not much but it's a start!
- I'm pretty sure you would be better off to take Roman culture and technology. It's not like a "Germanic" culture exists at this time -Mod
- Zapotecs: Zyanya has recently grown into a real man of the Nahuatl society, through ruthlessness and perseverance, he was able to turn the civilization of the Zapotecs into a prosperous society. With the internal problems of our civilization solved, we turn into solving our external ones. Although a foreign concept to many of us, Zyanya proposed sending a messager of sorts to the Hueves of Mesoamerica. And under his command we did. A messenger was sent to the Hueves, although our communication and dialects are vastly different, we did manage to get our message across. Become a tributary state, or fall against the might of the Zapotecs (Mod Response needed).
- The Hueves, a peaceful pastural people, refuse to be a tributary state and rather fight -Mod
- Funan: We stay clear of the civil strife in the Han Dynasty, and provide shelter for refugees coming south. With no intention of getting involved, we temporarily cut trade with them until they stabilize. We look favorably toward southern expansion, especially since rumors of precious metal can be found in the peninsula south of us. Infrastructure is further developed, and more stone temples are created to honor the gods. Our silver currency is now in widespread circulation, and is a beneficial alternative to bartering.
- Vistulan People:As the culture of the German-Slavic Unity grows, Our culture continues to be excepted. Kusk grows and becomes the second largest power in the region behind Madaluk which controls the state. Mudulak's settlement at the end of the Vistula River grows in population as it continues to except new asylum seekers. In the meantime, Eizellen is established as a member state of the Vistulan League. Feeling as though we would not succeed if we isolate ourselves from the Feathered Reds, we decide that it'd be best if we were to trade with them in order to grow mutual respect for one another and benefit each other. Dimitri is sent over with 18 men to work on diplomacy with the Romans (MOD RESPONSE). Roads continue to be developed and housing becomes more common. Irrigation continues to become mastered in multiple villages across the league and the outside existing villages. Wooden Plows become more of a common necessity. A wall is built around Kusk known as the fortress of Galas Road as the fortress surround the road that enters the state. A small coastal community in OTL Lithuania flourishes named Litaue. A unified Vistulan League military begins to be developed. Baruka the fair gives birth to Klaus's second son. 36 villages and surrounding communities join the Vistulan League.
- Rome will accept tribute from "Vistulia" and in return sends spices and gold
- Bishop of Byzantium: Policarpus, after becoming aware that the bishop of Jerusalem now calls himself patriarch, decides to adopt this title too, since as bishop of Byzantium he is the successor of Andrew the Apostle, brother of Peter. The biblical canon approved by the now Patriarch of Jerusalem is analyzed and also approved as the true word of God and its use is liberated in the celebrations of the Church of Byzantium, but to the Church be unite all teachings must be equal and for this a general council among the five major churches needs to be done. After learning of the appearance of Christians in Bosporus, the patriarch Polycarpus sends preachers to try to bring these people closer to the Church of Byzantium (Mod Response needed) and with these preachers he sends a message to the King of Bosporus, asking if these Christians could have freedom of worship (Player Response needed).
- The player of Bosporus will make decisions of both Christians and non Christians in his nation -Mod
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: Seeing that the church's won't unite, we officially break off in to the legitimate Judean Orthodox Church, we make Jerusalem our headquarters while Yerevan is our second headquarters, we make a hymn book to sing. Two, we start to build churches and we spread our gospel in the Levant and Judea, Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol, there he starts to build churches. We request Bishop of Byzantium to protect proxy bishop Jude and Nathanael (Bishop of Byzantium response needed).
- Bishopric of Rome: Bishop Xystus, while singing praises to both Rome and God, passes from Earthly life into the life of Heaven, and Telesphorus succeeds him as Bishop. Telesphorus is thankful for the mercy of Hadrian, however his thankfulness is more reserved than Xystus, who was considered as a hardline Pro-Roman by many, Telesphorus is more quiet and reserved, setting out to do God's work instead of actively praising Rome. "We must not forget that God has created all things and has given us life, thus we must honor God with our lives by being the best people we can, showing love to all." Meanwhile, the canon is further worked on.
- Parthian Empire: With the war with the Kushans over, Osroes can focus on internal affairs. He reforms the tax system so tax will be collected by the empire rather than the sub-kingdoms. He also improves the military, pushing for better equipped soldiers and more men, with about 10,000 added in these years. By 128, seeing that he is old and may die soon, and Parthamaspates still missing (now presumed to have died during the chaos in Medes) Osroes recruits his younger son, Mithridates the Fourth, as his heir. In October of 128 AD, Arsaces the Fortieth, King of Kings and Ruler of Parthia, dies of old age, and Mithridates is rechristened as Arsaces the Forty-Firsts. Osroes leaves behind a stronger, more centralized empire than the days of only two decades ago. Mithridates is faced with the task of honoring that legacy.
Emperor Hadrian continues to administer the Empire, constructing various monumental Arches both in Italy and Asia Minor. A law is passed to not execute slaves without trial. At the same time, the Praetor's edict makes it such that the Senate's decrees can only confirm the Imperial Orders.
In Egypt, Claudius Ptolemy has the height of his career as a historian and astronomer.
Hadrian has more strict policies toward the Jews, constructing the Capitolina Temple in Jerusalem. Circumcision is forbidden across the empire, as well as public reading of the Torah. At the same time, a temple to Baal is constructed in Syria. In reaction to this, the charismatic figure Simon Bar Kokhba begins gathering strength to launch a new Jewish revolt on a scale to dwarfth that of the Kitos War.
A well-educated scholar named Valentinus preaches in Alexandria that Jesus passed down secret knowledge about the universe, including the concept that the universe is run by dualistic Gods. He proves to be extremely popular, especially as he promotes new scripture such as the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Philip. In 134 AD, he visits Rome with the expectation to be elected a Bishop.
The Alani tribe from modern-day Russia attacks the Bosporus Kingdom.
The Skythian Kingdom manages to retake the coast from the Satavahanas Dynasty, causing the decline of that state.
In China, Zheng Heng creates the world's first seismometer.
- Zapotec: Outraged by the reply of the Hueves, Zyanya officially declares a state of war between the Zapotecs and the Hueves. Warriors and hunters are gathered up in Monte Alba to be trained and led by Zyanya before marching into the lands of the Hueves.
- Funan: Explorers in the lands south of us, known as the Malayan Peninsula, return with news of metal being found there. As we seek to maintain our position as the most powerful nation in Southeast Asia, we prepare for expansion to these metal rich lands to prevent another claiming this resource. The capital expands, with more temples being built as to maintain the nation's beliefs in our great gods. Grains are cultivated in farmlands and fields along the Mekong River, while a port city is under construction at the Mekong Delta. We develop a rudimentary language mainly based off Chinese, but much simpler. A primitive alphabet is also being developed as to unite the population linguistically.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: see what Simon Bar Kokhba is doing, we called a meeting to fund this revolt without the Romans knowing, we keep expelling demons from people and we keep teaching OTL all the old Eastern Orthodox Christian teachings, when the revolt is done, Nathanael the Fair will return to his homeland leaving his son Peter to lead the Yerevan Judean Orthodox Church, Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol build churches and we spreading our gospel and build churches in the Levant and Judea, there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Odessa,
- Bishopric of Rome: The entrance of Valentinus into Rome rocks the foundation of the Church of Rome and the City of Rome as Valentinus goes from street to street, market to market spreading his message and it spreads like Nero's great fire, drawing in massive crowds of Romans. In Rome, Valentinus proclaims "The Universe, much like the human spirit and soul, is divided into two, one Good Supreme Being and one Evil Supreme Being, this duality rules the Universe by both running it and creating it. This duality is only one secret truth revealed by Jesus, and many more truths can be discovered by you through careful searching and seeking." The Church of Rome is concerned by Valentinus teachings, and he is referred to as "the Alexandrian" by church leaders The Alexandrian's followers are divided into two groups, the first the Dualists, who are concerned with the Dualistic nature of the Universe, and second the Gnostics, who are concerned with the uncovering the "hidden knowledge" of Jesus. Initially, there's fierce retaliation against the Alexandrian's heresy against both Roman theology and the developing Roman canon, with hatred sewing and erupting in men's hearts. Most call for the Alexandrian's immediate expulsion from Rome, while some extremists call for him to be stoned to death, declaring he is a threat to the eternal fate of all. Hearing of this burning hatred for the Alexandrian, Bishop Telesphorus is deeply disturbed and proclaims, "Do not let hatred consume your hearts, for Jesus has taught us to love your enemies. We shall not bring Valentinus to death, but through our grace we shall let him live, as God has let us all live through His grace. We shall not expel him from Rome either, but we shall let him stay in Rome, welcoming him with open arms. For this is how God loves, He lets us live when we deserve death, and He lets us into His kingdom when we deserve to be casted out, separated from Him forever. Do not fear Valentinus, instead confront him, and engage directly with him on the nature of God and the knowledge Jesus brings. I myself shall also debate Valentinus in the public forum on God's nature and Jesus' knowledge." The Bishop fufills his promise, and debates between Telesphorus and Valentinus ensue, engulfing all of Rome.
- Kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed and replaced by his military macho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag toward the Red Sea. Trade is conduct with Southern African tribes to Egypt.
- Vistulan People: As we continue to expand our reaches, the league decides to accept new members into their states causing the formation of many confederations with only Madaluk being the only fully centralised state. Dimitri decides to stay in Rome and meet up with the emperor in Rome to become a sort of apprentice like figure to him. During this, he begins to learn howRoman society works and even begins to learn latin. He also begins speaking with a Roman daughter from one of the members of Roman nobility. He becomes fond of Roman society and watches how the Romans develop their military and how they fight in war. He plans to stay here for about eight more years. Meanwhile back in Madaluk, Klaus's health is deteriorating. With this, his son takes charge of the Madaluks and decides to expand westward. Some minor villages feeling divided between feeling safe around the league and not start to bicker on what to do because of so much competition. Some begin to migrate deeper into OTL Belarus making new settlements while others tread on behind them. A yearly meeting is held in Madaluk to discuss future relations and goals for the league.
- Parthian Empire: Mithridates attempts to get the lords of the sub kingdoms to declare allegiance to him, just as his father did. He reminds them of the revolt in Medes, and says he will not hesitate to do the same on any revolting sub kingdoms. He also gets his son, Vologases IV, to serve in his court, out of fear he will get in control of a sub kingdom and revolt against him as his brother did against his father. Roads are improved, and some farms and small mines are started.A trade mission to Rome is started, displaying Parthian goods and crops, along with some silks from previous encounters with the Han.
Late turn due to gathering enough posts. Madman is allowed to post in the last turn, though.
Pro tip: Don't have anything to post? Write about the day-to-day developments in your nation: infrastructure, economy, military, religion. There's always something that can be advanced/improved, even if you aren't very specific. Remember the best nations are built on patience. Just a little bit each turn goes a long way.
Simon Bar Kokhba launches his great revolt against Rome, taking an immense scale of Jewish and Judean authorities across Roman Palestine. Initally, the Roman forces stationed in the region are expulsed or stalemated, and as a result Bar Kokhba proclaimes the re-establishment of the Kingdom of Judea. In this new Jewish state, Bar Kokhba is hailed as the long-awaited Messiah of the Tanakh, and the Hebrew Calendar is reformed to point to 135 AD as the re-establishment of Israel. Hadrian meanwhile dispatches the full force of several legions to crush the revolt. In order to gain the most support, the Jewish leaders threaten to execute anyone who doesn't acknowledge Bar Kokhba as the Messiah.
Meanwhile, the Senator Tiberias Atinas leads his own military campaign into modern-day Belgium, in order to annex the Suebi tribes.
Caravan trade continues to send goods between Roman Palmyra and Persian Ctesiphon.
Valentinius continues to push his beliefs where he goes. Despite debating with Telesphorus, he has a fairly minor following in Rome, but a much more substantial popularity in Egypt and the far east. He condemns the canon of Xystus as uninspired, and instead pushes his new books which now includes the Gospel of Truth and the Revelation of James. After Telesphorus dies, Valentinius campaigns for the next title.
- Zapotecs: After the victory against the Hueves, Zyanya and his remaining men traveled back to Monte Alba to heal and to tell the people of their great victory. Although the Hueves had the greater numbers, Zyanya's leadership skills and strategic value leads his men to victory against all odds. With patience and time, Zyanya and his men were able to beat the standing defenders of the Hueves, Zyanya's army proceeded to raid and pillage the pastural people's homeland. After the bloody massacre, Zyanya met up with representatives of the Hueves to discuss a possible means to end the war. (Player/Mod response needed).
- Out of fear of being attacked again, the Hueves agree to be a vassal -Mod
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: We tell Simon Bar Kokhba to stop saying he is the messiah or we stop supporting them but we do support a new kingdom of Judea, Peter converts a small royal in Armenia this hoping to get power in Armenia, we publicly condemned Valentinus for his beliefs and if he ever comes easy he will executed, Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol, there he starts to build churches. His flock spreads to Edessa, His brother Obadiah the Red rides west to find the Vistulan People who speaks the gospel to we hope to make them part of church, we tell all the Christians to flee Axum.
- FYI: OTL Odessa is just called Edessa at this time; it hasn't changed much.
- Funan: Expansion toward the lands of metal, known within the state as Malayya or Tielan, begins. Initially the border was pushed at a leisurely pace, but has been ordered to quicken as ships sailing around the peninsula discover it is larger than initially expected. The discovery sparks concerns that there may be other states in the peninsula living off the wealth generated from the metals, but this, too, gathers speculation in the palace since we have not encountered such an entity in our markets. Expeditions are sent south to confirm the existence of a civilization there, which would be much more preferable than encountering a competing state whilst we open new mines. Domestication of the water buffalo brings convenience to farmers, and output is expected to increase.
- Kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed and replaced by his military macho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag toward the Red Sea. Trade is conduct with Southern African tribes to Egypt. The talk of on the street is "the council of tribes" would be overthrown if Khani isn't voted into becoming head council, most of this is supported by poor and middle class of people. The Great debate of the tribe happens as debates happen if Khani should be added into the council. The religion of Christian slowly begin to spread mostly in the middle and lower class but still stays as minority religion.
- Bosporus: We appeal to rome for help against the invading Alans. We deploy an army of 30,000 men to attack the Alans in attempt to turn them back.
- The Rome sends the legion stationed in Dacia to help the Bosporus Kingdom. ~Thewolvesden
- Dacia: Burebista II begins rebuilding destroyed lands during the Dacian Wars and begins building trade outposts on roads toward the Apollodorus Bridge. We trade with Vistulan and Bosphorian traders, but we refuse to give up the native religion or allow Christianity to enter the country. As such, any Christian entering the country will be killed. Gebeleizis is honoured upon by his duonymics, one for the sky and one for the earth (Zalmoxis), and Burebista tries to introduce a more codified religion of the Dacians. Dacia sends 10,000 troops in aid of the Bosporus and wants to strike an alliance.
- Bishopric of Rome: Upon the death of Telesphorus, Valentinus campaigns to be the next Bishop of Rome. Within the Electors, Valentinus has grown a small yet dedicated following of Dualistic Gnostics who have been persuaded by his powerful and firey speech. He also aligns himself with the Pro-Jewish and Anti-Roman factions within the Roman Church, who have long been suppressed, especially in the days of Xystus. In addition to forming religious and political alliances, Valentinus is personally popular with many church members and electors through his debates with Telesphorus. Valentinus while famous, is also infamous, and the Anti-Valentinus faction quickly forms around a moderate Greek named Hyginus, who was a student of Telesphorus, and the Roman Church is split in half between electing Valentinus and Hyginus. Fearing that Valentinus will become Bishop, Anti-Valentinus extremists form a plot to end Valentinus' life and make an attempt on his life, which miraculously fails when the Jew Mor Itamar jumps in front of Valentinus and takes the knife blades instead. The failed assassination narrowly secures Valentinus' victory and he becomes the new Bishop of Rome and sentences his conspirators to death. Valentinus proclaims "My life was saved by Mor Imatar the Jew. Now the Jew Simon Bar Kokhba is launching a full scale revolt against Rome, and rightfully so. For too long God's chosen people have been persecuted by the Roman government, even brought to death by the sword. What has the Roman Church done in the midst of Rome's persecution of the Jews? Nothing. In addition to doing nothing, Bishop Xystus even supported Rome during the Kistos Revolt, he supported Romans killing God's children out of fear of saving his own life. Now I call upon all faithful Christians throughout the Roman Empire to rise up and revolt against Rome alongside the Jews, especially in Egypt and the Roman East where Roman rule is weak. I myself shall go to Judea and revolt alongside Simon Bar Kokhba, sharing with him the teachings of Jesus Christ and His secret knowledge, even the Knowledge revealed in the Gospel of Truth and the Revelation of James, for Jesus is the Logos. With me going to Judea I shall be the Bishop of the Eastern Roman Church while I appoint Hyginus as the Bishop of the Western Roman Church. I shall remain the Bishop of Rome until my death. Upon my death, Hyginus shall be the next Bishop, and upon his death we shall resume Bishopric elections for Rome, the next time both Western Rome and Eastern Rome too. Now I depart for Judea, all who wish to join me against Rome must come with me now, only together can we save God's children." Bishop Valentinus' proclamation reaches and inspires his followers in Egypt and the Roman East, and Christian Zealots launch revolts in Egypt and Judea, with 60,000 Christian aiksuwea, led by Valentinus joining the Jews led by Simon Bar Kokhba in Judea and 400,000 Christian soldiers revolting in Egypt, inspired by Valentinus. Simultaneously, Valentinus offers full union with the Patriarch of Jerusalem and the Bishopric of Alexandria.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem Dip: We tell Valentinus that if anyone is going to be Bishop/Patriarch of the Eastern Roman Church it will be Nathanael the Fair
- Roman Bishopric Dip: Bishop Valentinus reminds Patriarch Nathanael that Valentinus has a greater following than he will ever have, now being the Bishop of Rome and having a massive following in both Egypt and across all of Eastern Rome, even calling his followers to join the Jews in rebellion against Rome.
- Vistulan People: As Dimitri continues to mingle in Rome, he gets an education in the city in order to have experience as a new member of the Empire. He begins to have a better relationship with the woman he met last year named Anita. Dimitri continues to work under the emperor and request to begin writing about different methods of attacking the barbarians of Gaul and what once was Germania. Following this, he becomes an asset to the emperor in times of battle in small disturbances that occasionally occur. He is then appointed as a minor rolled general and begins to lead the military who saw him as inferior and a joke to multiple victories making his troops change their minds. Dimitri secretly converts to Judaism and marries Anita. Following this, they settle down in the city of Rome. He takes a trip back to Vistula to discover that his leader had passed and grieved at his grave. Upon return he goes up a rank and becomes a mid-level general. He takes his time to go to take classes in Philosophy and begins to think of the rule of citizenship. In the meantime, the Slovakia Confederacy is established in the Madaluk Client State. A slavic migration begins heading toward the Balkans.
- Parthian Empire: Mithridates is amused at the events of Jerusalem, and calls Bar Kokhba "A fool who worships a false God and will be quickly be crushed like a bug under Rome's foot". Other than that, he has no interest in helping nor hindering Judea. A law system called the Code of Mithridates is proposed and it mostly deals with centralization and what the sub kingdoms theoretically can and cannot do, but it is still in early development. More men are added to the army, as well as new barracks' built to train them. Some new settlements are founded in the more far-flung sections of the Empire. Roads are improved and farms are expanded. Experiments with light cavalry are conducted within the army.
The Jewish Diaspora begins. As the Bar Kokhba revolt is crushed, the Romans deport all the Jews out of Palestine, and forbid the region to ever be called Judea or Israel ever again. A Temple to Jupitor is constructed on the foundation of the Second Temple. Christianity continues in the region, but as all the Jews are deported, only non-Jews can now sustain the Church, such as Greeks and Arabs. Christianity is not openly persecuted, but Roman garrisons in the reigon continue to put down any suspected sedition.
Hadrian dies, and Antonius Pius succeeds him as Roman Emperor. He extends friendlier relations with the Marcomanni, recognizing their ruler as Rex Quadi (King of the Quadi). Olive oil exports peak from Hispania. Municipal doctors are named in each province of the Empire.
Antonius strengthens Hadrian's Wall, as well as establish a second wall farther north in Britain. However, in the process of doing so the Brigantine tribe in the Kingdom of Alba revolts against the Roman settlements.
In Egypt, Claudius Ptolemy completes the Amalgast, which is a complete ancient chronicle based on astronomical data. Elsewhere in Africa, Antonius orders the first Roman campaign in modern-day Mauritania.
Following the success of Valentinius, the scholar Marcian of Sinope begins preaching a stricter canon should be implemented. Namely, the Jewish Tanakh (Old Testament) should be discounted as originating by the evil older God, as well as any Gospels of the New Testament that quote the Old Testament. The Gospels produced by Valentinius and the Gnostics, however, he was more supportive. Marcion is not as popular as Valentius, but some scholars in both Alexandria and Rome adhere to this idea.
In China, the Taoist alchemist Wei Boyang first discovers the formula for gunpowder.
Halley's Comet is visible at this time.
- Xiongxui: We stage a full out Invasion of the turkic lands, up to OTL Tashkent. However, our leader, Attlia, isn't happy with these mere conquests. He prepares an Invasion of the tarim basin.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: We hear that Valentinus has come east, we actively search parties to find him and throw him in jail, say killing him will cause too much revolt, Peter converts more armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol,there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red places his servant Ivan to build churches and spread the gospel with the Vistulan People while Obediah rides to Dacia and secretely spread the gospel there, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea.
- Zapotec: The Zapotecan society has cooled down their imperialistic actions. The time of conquest was done for this century. The Zapotecs now enter an era of inward expansion and rejuvenation. The first action to be taken is the improvement of farming techniques, having mastered the nomadic lifestyle of the Hueves, the Zapotec society manages to improve their ways of Animal Husbandry. So now they turn heads into improving their agricultural ways.
- Marcomanni: Our Cäpital is finished, the Vargios dies, and so his successor, Wallis, rises to the thrown, he continues his father's policies and continues to "modernize", and encourage people to move to the new capital, he himself moved there.
- I think the word you're searching for is "urbanize" -Mod
- Kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed and replaced by his military macho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag toward the Red Sea. Trade is conduct with Southern African tribes to Egypt. The great debate ends with Khani being voted in against the wishing of 45% of the council Khani then sends his regards and great rewards to his foes and allies to show his power. This flamboyant action angers some of local religious men. The religion of Christian slowly begin to spread mostly in the middle and lower class but still stays as minority religion, most of it is united under the "Nubian Church".
- Armenia: Sohaemus, a former Roman senator and consul ascends to the throne this year. The new king reaffirms allegiance to the Roman Senate and People as a client state, and asks that the Romans station forces in and around Armenia in order to deter Parthian attacks. In particular it is suggested Apollo's Fifteenth Legion be transferred from Cappadocia to the Armenian capital Arsamosata, or perhaps another legion stationed along the border. Domestically the kingdom promotes an expansion of the military, with Armenian infantry and mounted archers being trained. Additionally the king seeks to adapt tactics from the Romans and Parthians, which the country has been exposed to for the past several decades, in order to further upgrade the nation's capabilities.
- Rome provides Armenia with necessary proteciton -Mod
- Parthian Empire: Seeing the comet in the sky, Mithridates knows he will soon die and attempts to get his son, Vologases IV, prepared to rule. Unfortunately, Vologases is very unpopular, and is quick to be controlled by the feudal lords. Some even fear he will reverse the centralization process that begun with Osroes. In order to prevent this, Mithridates tries to consolidate the sub-kingdoms into a better to manage empire, but it is too late, as he gets a debilitating coughing sickness in mid 144, and Vologases becomes a steward to the throne.
- Vistulan People: As the great power of Madaluk continues to grow as they expand amongst the league, some feel unsafe and continue to migrate to the Balkans. With this, some lost "barbarians" manage to find themselves in Dalmatia. After upon entering, they were being hunted down although all of what they were looking for was to find a new location to settle down in. Soon, they turn back around and settle in OTL Hungary and Northern OTL Romania. Here a village of about 30,000 migrants is established and settlements are made. This civilization becomes known as Frutflache. As these people settle down, they begin to identify themselves with the Vistulan Culture and request safety and trade with the Romans. Huts and a village center is established. Dimitri is sent to investigate these people and their intentions and is greeted with a celebration styled event for the visitor. As the League continues on to gain power, The Madaluks attack one of their members after attempting to kidnap the Führer. THe Lithuanian Settlers begin to spread out in influence and control. Madaluk Society continues to be hailed as a great wonder outside of Rome with thousands of people immigrating from both sides with Germans and Slavs being the main populace. Some Trade across the Vistulan River and the valley grows. The Harvest this year happens to be extremely successful. Marble slabs begin to be imported to build government centers and better housing but mainly clay is adopted causing the increase of red and brown tiled roofs across the area. the Lord's house is left as a mark of visit for foreigners and a large Palace-Like structure is built using imported Roman Goods. Dimitri pushes on into Philosophy with him writing works of literature. He begins talking to the Emperor for reforms for the citizenship laws but neither of them get anywhere but he did agree on the fact that he deserved citizenship but did not think a reform was necessary as that would allow and grant every Barbarian out of Rome legal entry and could jeopardize the empire. Instead, the emperor gives him the idea of proving his citizenship. His bonds with the Roman Leader continues to grow.
Antonius Pius makes many improvements to the defenses of Rome, completing the Antoinine Wall at this stage. He also focuses on education, improving Rome's general philosophy and culture. Claudius Ptolemy completes his history at this time. In 147 AD, Antonius calls many games in Rome to celebrate the 900th anniversary of the founding of Rome.
As consequence of Valentinus' administration of the Churches in Rome, many of the Apostolic Decons depart from the west to the east, prefering to live under the Judean Orthodox Church. Likewise, many of the gnostic leaders move from the east to Italy. As Valentinus was imprisoned in Caesarea, it seems likely he would resign in favor of a Roman, but it's up to him.
Meanwhile, Marcion of Sinope moves forward with proposing his gnostic canon in Rome.
A christian preacher named Andreas Gothicus attempts to preach the gospel in Dacia, and is rightwise executed. As he is stabbed, he cries out that Christ will show his power as greater than Zalmoxis. Three days later, on the appointed day to commune with Zalmoxis, the sky rained blood for three hours.
The Han Dynasty of China improves their defenses on the Tarim Basin, granting more autonomous military to the Western Protectorate. Gunpowder is experimented in basic rockets. The Han continues to extend culture and technology to their colonies in Korea and Funan.
Khani of Kush is killed by a hippopotamus.
The sons of Zyanya disagree over succesion to the land of the Zapotecs.
- Zapotecs: Throughout the years, Zyanya has grown old and senile. Although he still wears his wits just aa he used to wield both sword and dagger, his knowledge of how to actually pass his legacy to his sons are very limited. Combined with an appearance of a mysterious light that streaked along the skies of Mesoamerica. The shamans of the Zapotec has interpreted this as a judgment of Coquihani, the god of light. This shakes up the morale of the society of the Zapotecs and nearly dips them into chaos. Time will only tell if Zyanya can find a solution to his succession problems or if the great civilization of Zapotecs will splinter apart.
- Kush: The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag toward the Red Sea. Trade is conduct with Southern African tribes to Egypt. The death of Khani comes causes great mourning upon his supporters as the question is asked how did this happen. The council of tribes now conducts a vote on the head council. Kahni is burned and his ashes are tossed into a hippopotamus farm, this causes the great hippopotamus killings as supporters of Khani go out in mobs to kill hippos. This causes the 2nd most powerful man (pre khani, he is now one) say and demand "you people need to stop". The religion of Christian slowly begin to spread mostly in the middle and lower class but still stays as minority religion, most of it is united under the "Nubian Church".
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: We give Valentinus two options, going back to rome or spend rest of his life in prison, we welcome the Apostolic Decons we offer them jobs, with Valentinus gone, Nathanael the Fair puts himself as the Ecumenical Patriarch of Jerusalem, this title that is like pope but head of all eastern churches, Peter converts more Armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol which we name Chersonesus, there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red goes to the site where Andreas Gothicus is killed and makes it a holy site. There he sets up what will be the largest church in Dacia, Ivan keeps spreading the gospel to the Vistulan People, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea.
- Kingdom of Cimmerian Bosporos: The death of Sauromates I leads to the ascension of his grandson Tiberius Julius Antonius as Antonius I. Under Antonius he begins to deal with the crushed Alani people, forming the client kingdom of Scythae led by an Alani chieftain Alonicus, in order to foster closer ties his sister Lulia is sent to marry him. Within the cities of Theodosia the amount of Christians continues to grow with preachers of the Roman rite. Cimmerian merchants begin to grow more ambitious establishing trading posts along the coast of Colchis. The movement of silk by Cimmerian traders begin to show gains in gold as demand from it go up with the neighboring Sarmatians. On the cultural side of things, a form of theater grows popular among the patrons which mostly depicts religion, political leaders, and other important groups in satirical ways.
- Xiongxui: We begin incursions into the Tarim basin, as well as northern Chinese villages, to loot and pillage. Captives are taken, ransoms are collected, and with all this we are able to draw the Turkic tribes from OTL Tashkent all the way to the Caspian Sea under our influence.
- Vistulan People: As the largest Migration of Vistulan Tribal People continues, a horde of Germans named the Ungar Horde find their way in Dacia. Here they clashed leading to damage and such with some having no choice but to be integrated into the Populace. Dimitri following the many biblical events that had occured in his lifetime, he begins to write a book called God and Mercy which becomes extremely popular but in order to have no suspicions, it is published under a pseudo name of Erikus Valentin. Dimitri helps assist the Dacian Recovery efforts and writes about what he sees. In 149 AD, Dimitri holdsa debate over citizenship that was given to him by the Emperor himself. He talks about his origins as a man from the slavic tribes of the north and under Madaluk Rule. He explains that he can be a great asset to the Empire in limitting revolts and also clarifies by looking at the average Greek man, that he is quite similar. He also brings up a theory on how the Greeks are similar to his own people and he explains how they are all Slavic People that inhabit this region and have formed their own culture saying that they are a lost Slavic sister. The court is left in shock with this new idea that people could be related. He also claims to be Greek as well due to the way they speak sharing a similar language and styles of living that could be traced back to old tribal and city states of the Greek. Following this event, the court gives him his citizenship and identifies himself with the Greek People with a side title of Slovak or Slav as he describes himself as and with now word in the dictionary, that is the name given. With official citizenship and very few battles to fight, he can concentrate on his Political Career. He begins working on a Jewish Book that describes the idea of how to form a stable government and militia. This book is translated from Latin to Hebrew by his wife and the first books begin to be read across the Balkans and Asia Minor.In Greater Madaluk, an official state is developed and continues to be a trade and Cultural Hub for the citizens. The Palace is complete and houses continue to be developed. A road to to the Ungarish settler begins to be built with the goal of a road to connect to Dalmatia in sight.
- Funan: At a steady pace, our nation expands southward to Malaya. The first seaworthy ships are built, larger than our standard trade vessels, and serve as our Navy, a concept brought in from the Han Dynasty. Our cities grow larger, and more roads connect one end of the country to the other. Agriculture increases with the introduction of irrigation, and the population is sustained on rice harvests.
- Parthian Empire: Arsaces the Forty-First is dead. He will be forever known as a peacemaker and centralizer, and will be dearly missed. He is quickly replaced by his son, Vologases, and he is rechristened Arsaces the Forty-Second. He quickly reverses the sub-kingdom consolidation and gives more power to his kings. He stops the construction of public works projects, focusing instead on improving the military. New forts are built, as well as city walls and barracks'. He is also starting the construction of ports and ships.
This turn will also go 36 hours to put us back on schedule. Don't wait to the last minute though
Valentinus dies in Caesarea, and the Gnostic scholar Ptolemy of Pharos is elected Bishop of Rome. He adopts the Canon of Marcion, causing more gnostics to settle in Rome, and the Orthodoxy of Christainity moves to the east.
Polycarp, Bishop of Byzantium, is burned alive by Roman authorities as another martyr of the Church. Georgios Panter, a Christian preacher from Palestine, establishes the organized Nubian Church in Kush, which grows quickly from the deported Jewish Christians who flee there. Christianity also spreads into Parthia through Armenia.
Emperor Huan of the Han Dynasty acts passively toward the Xiongnu, content to strengthen the fortifications at Taqian. The Protector-General Duan-Xi takes personal command of defending the Tarim Basin.
The Mayan civilization experiences great cultural growth as the Temple of the Sun is completed in Teotihuacan
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: Patriarch Nathanael the Fair does a lot of work, he thanks Georgios Panter, he does more,Peter converts more armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and Chersonesus, there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red keeps build the church and spread the gospel, Ivan keeps spreading the gospel to the Vistulan People, we send a man name Aaron to help spread our gospel in Parthia, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea.
- Armenia: In late 154 a son is born to Sohaemus with an Armenian noblewoman, named Julius Alexander, who Sohaemus seeks to make his heir. The king's uncle, Julius Agrippa, is made a primipilaris of a Roman Legion, meanwhile, and manages to acquire a lofty Italian estate. Latin coinage is struck in Armenia this year, bearing the inscription T. Antoninius. Aug. Armeniacus on its front, and Rex Armen(ii)s datus on its back. Training of the Armenian army continues, aided by the newly arrived Roman legions. Both forces are also ordered to construct roads and forts around the southern portion of the kingdom as well.
- Parthian Empire: Hearing of the Christians in Parthia, Vologases decides to welcome them, as he enjoys some aspects of the religion and would like to do anything to annoy Rome and Armenia. He allows them to build churches, educate people, preach, and gives some of them citizenship and treats the rest pretty well. Work on ports continue, as well as army improvements. Domestically, things are not looking so well as the Direct-to-emperor-tax system is repealed, and the former sub-kingdom controlled tax is put back in place. Vologases continues to be unpopular at home.
- Funan: We have developed a working language, which is taught in the schools and used in official decrees. Simpler than Chinese, with an alphabet of 29 letters. More development occurs, mainly in infrastructure and agriculture. Technology is brought in from the Han Dynasty, and we begin working on being able to develop technology of our own.
- Zapotecs: Zyanya is growing older throughout the years. Although the people are growing more and more uncontented, Zyanya still hasn't found a good solution to the succession problem. The Shamans and Tribal elders tells the people to calm down, and that their great leader will find a solution soon. Meanwhile, ecological advances are being made, agricultural mannerisms has been a top notch in the Nahuatl society while animal husbandry is slowly being integrated with the help of the Hueves.
- Vistulan People: Dimitri begins to help the Vistulins build a road to the south with another point being made in Dalmatia to meet up with the Vistulian constructors to the north forming a road that took effort to build called the Romana-Vistulia Road which is set to be completed in four more years. In the meantime, Dimitri decides to settle down with his wife and have two sons named Drago and Abia. Unfortunately he has to leave for six months to tend duties in Hispania after a medium sized revolt occurs with him being in charge of the crackdown of the revolutionaries. He swiftly destroys the group. Following this he is invited to see the emperor to praise his work and holds a feast. In the meantime, Madaluk begins to integrate some philosophical studies with Latin being taught in educational centers for communication in Roman Trade. The Ungarisch Settlers form a capital in OTL Hungary named Stadviel along the river that exist within OTL Budapest. Iron tools and weapons are adopted by most of the League and it's neighbors at this point.
- Kush: The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag toward the Red Sea. Trade is conduct with Southern African tribes to Egypt. Mash then takes control of the council and begins to install loyal people into positions of power, this causes great debates in the capital. The religion of Christian slowly begin to spread mostly in the middle and lower class but still stays as minority religion, most of it is united under the "Nubian Church".
The turns are back on schedule King Lucius of Roman Britain asks the Bishop of Rome to be baptized into Christianity.
Montanism begins to spread to minor Christian communities in Syria. Their leader, Montanus, claims that the end of the world is imminent, as is the Return of Christ. Montanus claims to be a prophet, and his followers also claim the gift of prophesy. Montanus claims the church is corrupted by apostacies spread by Valentinus and his successors.
Mazdan priests in Persis, frustrated by Vologases' tolerance of Christianity, contributes to his unpopularity.
Civil unrest occurs in the Xiongnu Confederacy between the ruling northern and inferior southern courts. The tribal leaders of the southern court begin migrating farther west into the Eurasian steppe.
The Twin brothers who rule over Teotihuacan, named Hunahpu and Xbalanque, are renouned across Central America for their great acts of heroism. They are approached by the god Huacan in 158 AD for a special mission by the gods: to slay the monster Seven Macaw.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: See the Heresy form Montanus, we start to crack down on him and his followers, even though we agree that Valentinus was a heretic we don't agree with Montanus, we build the Nation first Main Prison near Shivta, it will be name Rak, we have built it we send the fellows and Montanus is executed by beheading,Peter converts more Armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol,there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red keeps build the church and spread the gospel, Ivan keeps spreading the gospel to the Vistulan People, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea.
- Confederation of the Picts ("Alba"): Due to the threat of Rome from the south encroaching on Pictish land in the north, with such endeavors as the Antonine Wall, the Picts form a confederation to act united in case of war. The various independent kingdoms elect a High King, the first being a noble named Canutulachama. Men are raised to create an army which could potentially strike the weak series of forts the Romans hold from both sides of the wall.
- Zapotecs: The Zapotec society is close to dipping into chaos, Zyanya's old age has taken a toll on his health and ability to think. His sons are now discussing and squabbling about how to split the land of the Zapotec. The society of the Zapotecs has an unclear future.
- Funan: The state stops expanding southward, and focuses on developing acquired lands. We have reached the northern reaches of the Malayan Peninsula, but have yet to expand beyond (border stops at the end of the Kra Isthmus). Agricultural activities are encouraged in our new land, and roads are built of stone to connect the new villages to the capital. The old Emperor passes, and the state of Funan enters a two-year mourning period while his son Xiangi ascends to the throne.
- Armenia: Two more children are born to King Sohaemus; a daughter named Julia Soaemias Iotapa and a son named Gaius Julius Papinianus. Training of an Armenian army continues, including a large number of cataphracts (heavy cavalry), mounted archers, and especially infantrymen. The king's uncle, Gaius Julius Iamblichus, who resides in the Emesani dynasty's native city of Emesa, Syria (Homs), converts to Christianity after being prostetyzed by a prominent preacher named Anicetus (based on the OTL pope of the same name), who is also a native of Emesa. He keeps this secret, however, as not to come into conflict with his family, the devote priests of the deity Elagabalus.
- Marcomanni: The King declares the Sovereign Kingdom of Marcomanni in the Cäpital, and declares it to be a friendly nation to every nation surrounding it, but is weary of Roman Imperialism, the king gains a lot of support from this in Government while some Traditionalists, who are mostly mothers protest this, but very little do as most of the Marcomanni tribes peoples believe in the King's Leadership and that he is leading the Marcommani into a Glorious Future.
- Parthian Empire: In order to keep the masses content, Vologases attempts to get the sub-kings to create a slew of public works projects in the larger cities, including canals and aqueducts. Christians are persecuted by the commoners, but Vologases still protects them, sometimes calling in the capital garrison to protect them, but this very rarely happens. The training of the army and improvement of the navy is moving steadily along, with new light cavalry trained and a few galleys are completed. A trade mission to improve Parthian-Armenian relations is launched.
A great plague, known in the modern day as smallpox, sweeps across the entire Roman Empire, spreading into Armenia and other parts of the Middle East. It is an extremely fatale disease, reporting as much as thousands of deaths in the city of Rome every day. By 164 AD, the death toll has exceeded two million. Many biologists and scientists of the Empire, most notably Galen of Perganum, gathers immense popularity. Many smaller Christian communities look to the Apostolic successors for miraculous healing as told in the scriptures.
Due to the Antoinine plague, Roman trade to the far east all but ceases, and the Roman economy stagnates for the first time in a hundred years. The Antoinine Wall is temporarily decommissioned, and the Roman garrisons of Britain refortify Hadrian's Wall starting in 163 AD.
Orthodoxy is strengthened in the east due to the crackdown on Montanism, and churches begin to generally look toward the Patriarch of Jerusalem as de-facto leader of the Christian community. Meanwhile, being a generation since the Jewish Diaspora, Rabbinical leaders gather to compile a complete set of ideals to define the new Jewish culture. The two main schools are located in Yevna, of Roman Palestine, and in Babylon, of Parthian Mesopotamia.
Hunahpu and Xbalanque proceed on their quest to slay the great monster Seven Macaw, presumed to be located in the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: Seeing this plague we start putting the sick away from the healthy people and try to heal them. We build two schools: one in Jerusalem and Yerevan. Peter converts more Armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol. There, he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red keeps building the church and spread the gospel, Ivan keeps spreading the gospel to the Vistulan People, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea.
- Funan: King Xiangi approves several new projects to elevate Funan to a scale similar to the Han Dynasty in due time. Trade begins with our new territory via the Gulf of Funan (OTL Gulf of Thailand), leading to new ports constructed in the south Indochinese regions. Further domestication of animals leads to chickens and goats being farmed in the nation.
- Zapotecs: Zyanya is hanging on the last string of his life, the Zapotec society is rioting and this great tribal empire will soon fall. Time will only tell if the Zapotecs will continue to exist or burn.
- Parhian Empire: Because of the plague, Parthia attempts to close all ports and lock down all borders for safety. Vologases and one of his mistresses conceive a child before the plague hits to continue the royal line if Vologases dies, but she falls ill with another, unrelated sickness. Every pagan priest in the land attempts to cure her to no avail. Out of shear desperation, Vologases goes to a Christian priest named Paul for aid. Miraculously, Vologases' mistress recovers, and a healthy son is born. Vologases is pleased by this development, and names the child Paul in honor of the Priest. He becomes more interest in Christianity and the small thought of conversion lingers in his mind. His court, however, is having none of this. Conspiracy begins to stir in the Empire, and Vologases is right at the center of it.
- Japan: Nippon tends to its inward perfection, nourishing the arts, science, and culture of the state. Emperor Keiko begins to centralize the realms of Japan by establishing a council of sorts in his Imperial Capital of Kyoto, moving there due to its location as well as access to foodstuffs.Here, he issues a decree diving Japan into multiple realms (provinces), with each realm being ruled by either a palace-appointed governer, a hereditary family, or an elected official. This is meant to ensure diversity in ruling the Japanese. Construction of pathways and farms continue. The emperor wishes to send envoys to the Han in hopes of asking for aid with the development of our fledgeling nation.
- Armenia: The government attempts to quell the spread of disease into the nation, although largely unsuccessfully. Trade and military spending largely stagnate during this time as a result of funding being used elsewhere.
- Vistulan People: The Lordom of Vistulia is officially established after the Lord took over members of the league who were no longer self-sustainable and were mostly pro Madaluk. The capital of Vistulia becomes a center of foreign and local trade as market places for exotic goods such as cloth and a variety of unique foods are brought north such as Grapes and other plants. Dimitri's two children become drastically ill but are spared after a night of prayer pushing the faith even further. Dimitri becomes a role model to many citizens of the league and support his eventual return. As many league members seek territorial gain, a struggle for power arises with Slovak staying neutral and Latdimir (OTL Lithuania) declaring war on two key provinces of the league. During this time, the Trans Romana-Vistulia Road is officially completed. A conference is held to work out some peace agreements while others continue ot stay hostile. The Ungar Horde continues to stabilize and settle down further which ends up weakening the Horde. Ungarisch citizens of Dacia begin to produce with Dacian citizens or stay at bay with their own race. Dragon sightings are spotted off the coast of Greater Madaluk.
The Antoinine plague continues to ravage the western world, racking up millions more deaths. Rome, nonetheless, attempts to send military expeditions to re-instate the Antoinine Wall. The disease spreads farther across Parthia, and outbreaks are seen as far as the Han Dynasty. Emperor Huan takes special action to suppress the disease.
Antonius Pius himself dies and is succeeded by Marcus Aurelius as Emperor of Rome. Aurelius is a brilliant commander and a great leader, hoping to further strengthen and solidify the Roman Empire under his rule.
There is a new controversy in the Church, and to settle it, the prominent church leaders consult the Bishop of Jerusalem: The churches in the east wishes to celebrate Easter on the first Sunday after Passover. However, the churches in the west wishes to celebrate Easter on the third day after Passover, regardless of the day of the week. The latter group is henceforth called the "Quartodecimians"
The Han accepts sending aid to the barbarians in Nippon, on the condition they submit their kingdom as a proper tributary of the Empire that is China.
Hunahpu and Xbalanque return to Teotchitlan from their expedition against Seven Macaw. However, the gods explain their work isn't done. They are then dispatched to raid and attack the greater monster perceived, namely the people of Mount Alban.
- Marcomanni: We form a confederacy with the Quadi and Vandals, the two largest tribes in our nearest vicinity. This is done to combat the Goths, who have begun migrating from the mouth of the River Vistula into our lands. The tribes generally move south. While others in the area, like the Chatti and Chauci, attempt to infiltrate the Roman border unsuccessfully, the leader of the confederacy, Ballomar, tries to avoid conflict with Rome. Ballomar serves as a representative along with many other tribal leaders when called by the Roman governor of Pannonia to negotiate peace. Ballomar secretly however asks the Romans for aid and weapons, because he plans to work in their favor against the other Germanic tribes. Firstly, he sets out to resettle the tribes south of the Oder River primarily, and also unite the tribes of the area, with force if necessary. In exchange for Rome's aid he will do everything in his power to prohibit attacks against Rome, at least in the east.
- In exchange for providing aid, mercenaries of Marcomanni will be asked to help defend Rome from the Dacians -Mod
- Kush: The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag toward the Red Sea. Trade is conduct with Southern African tribes to Egypt. Mash then takes control of the council and begins to install loyal people into positions of power, this causes great debates in the capital. The religion of Christian slowly begin to spread mostly in the middle and lower class but still stays as minority religion, most of it is united under the "Nubian Church". The Great Khani purge happens when the new leader "Yadim", when he begins to arrest Khani supports and lawyers across the nation. Most of these leaders are killed. While others go into hiding, also in the purge, non-Khani supporters are also killed because Yadim is a dick.
- Zapotecs: Zyanya has died, and was given a proper death by a duel with his oldest son in Monte Alba. The people are in riots, the Zapotec morality is in shambles. Since the sons of Zyanya are formulating their plans on how to effectively get the small tribal empire back into place, a circle of shamans are called to govern. The circle is able to mildly douse the flames of of chaos, though it wouldn't be enough. One of the shamans called for a general gathering and announced that she has seen a vision from Coqui Xee, the creator of everything. She states that two men from strange lands will hail to Monte Alba, they will either represent the saviour of the Zapotecs or the end of the great tribe. The people, upon hearing the announcement, gathered to Monte Alba to greet these strange men. On other news, the search for new ways to harvest food and tame animals has come to a halt while soldiers and more hunters are dispersed along the territory of the Zapotecs and the Hueves to secure their holdings while the great tribe undergoes chaos.
- Funan: Infrastructure further develops, with great temples being built. Some Chinese architecture is mixed into existing buildings, but is further integrated into Funan culture. Hearing news of a trade center close to our southern territory, we send an expedition to the northern Malayan Peninsula (specifically OTL Kedah).
- Confederation of the Picts: Our armed forces seize the Antonine Wall, or what remains of it, after the Roman retreat. The nation is prepared to repulse any Roman attack/expedition back into the north, and fortify the area north of Hadrian's Wall in order to combat them. The Antonine Wall meanwhile is fortified to defend from the south, as a second line of defense should the Romans push into Pictish territory. We are prepared to fight until Rome accepts a treaty recognizing all land north of Hadrian's Wall as Pictish in perpetuity.
- Armenia: The efforts continue to curb the spread of disease plaguing the nation. The nation's main port city, Rize, is subjected to certain closings to slow the spread of disease into the nation. The king uses the closing of the port as an opportunity to have its drydocks and infrastructure expanded. This is so that in the future, when the plague dies down, a renewed sense of trade into the nation will hopefully help repair the nation's economy. Similarly, the king plans for the creation of a war fleet in the future, both as a bolster to the economy, and to combat piracy and other threats in the Black Sea. After failing to gain any traction in his native Emesa, Syria, in regards to converting his family or otherwise alleviating pressure on the small Christian population, the recently converted Gaius Julius Iamblichus travels to Armenia in an attempt to persuade his nephew, the Armenian king to convert, or at least consider accepting Christianity within the nation. The king refuses, partially because he does not want to alienate his Roman benefactors, although he is indifferent toward persecuting the Christians, and so they continue to proselytize and spread within the nation.
- Vistulan People: Following the events of this year, Dimitri grieves the death of his best friend. But he knows that god has a plan for everyone and decides to welcome the new Emperor. They begin to become good friends. In the meantime, he decides to take a trip to Vistulia and begins to spread the word of Judaism. His fans begin to accept his ideology and religion while others consider it and others just want to stick to their old ways of Baltic Polytheism. In total, Vistulia sees the rise of 32,000 converts to the beliefs of Judaism. In the meantime, with Bogoslav aging, the Führer requests Dimitriti report to his palace next year to discuss who will lead the nation after his passing.
The Antoinine plague continues, albeit largely subsiding. Only up to 200,000 deaths in this period worldwide.
Emperor Marcus Aurelius attempts to standardize Roman education and philosophy. As consequence, he declares Christianity an enemy of the state, and launches the Fourth Great Persecution of the Church, which is also motivated by some people blaming the Christians for the recent plague. Bishop Ptolemy of Rome is flailed to death, while Peter of Damascus is beheaded. In light of earlier laws, Christians are given a fair trial. However, now denying the diety of the Emperor is a crime.
Quartodecimians continue to be an issue for the church, despite persecution going on at the same time.
As a result of this policy, Aurelius declares war on the Parthian Empire, seeing the eastern barbarians too friendly toward monotheism. 250,000 troops gathered from all available Legions are sent through Syria toward Armenia. If Armenia doesn't allow the Roman army to attack Parthia, then they will also be invaded.
Seeing the invasion by the Picts, the High King of Roman Britain, Lucius gathers his own military in the hope of keeping the people of Alba at bay.
Hunahpu and Xbalanque, with a band of 200 Jaguars, take advantage of the chaos on Mount Alban to raid the Zapotecs of much gold, treasure and women, before returning to Teotihuacan.
- Funan: We begin pursuing interests within northwest Malaya, and send more expeditions to confirm the viability of invading the region. In other news, we continue to elevate the standard of living with the development of stone roads connecting the nation, as well as the urbanisation of large villages into towns. Horses are brought in from China, and their domestication and use will follow shortly.
- Armenia: With no other chose possible, due to the Roman presence in Armenia, and Armenia's dependance on Rome, the king reluctantly accepts the Roman offer and allows troops to pass through Armenian territory, essentially declaring war on the Parthian Empire in the process. Armenia's armies are mobilized from across the nation to move south and support the Roman troops there in battle against the Parthians, although if possible the king quietly hopes to allow the Romans to do the majority of the fighting. The king's planned infrastructural expansions are either delayed or slowed due to the war effort. And although the king is indifferent toward Christianity, he makes a show out of persecuting a group of them, in order to appease the new Roman emperor and ensure Armenia remains in Rome's good graces.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: Nathanael The Fair has died,leaving the new patriarch Micah in charge, two things he does is say Easter is 40 days after Lent which would be the first Sunday, we also tell our fellows to defend themselves from the Romans, Peter converts more Armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol, there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red keeps building the church and spreading the gospel, Ivan keeps spreading the gospel to the Vistulan People, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea.
- Confederation of the Picts: We clarify to the High King of Roman Britain that we aren't actually invading, we are the ones countering an invasion, and again reiterate that we only wanted to preserve our current borders, which consist of everything north of Hadrian's Wall. Although the Pictish king does entertain the idea of liberating Britain as well, and offers an alliance with the High King, and any Celtic nobles or peoples in Britain, should they seek to join us and liberate Britain from Rome. Whatever the case our mission continues. The Antoinine Wall has been fortified into a second line of defense to counter a Roman attack from the south, while across the region our forces attack any and all Romans north of Hadrian's Wall. Word reaches us of a new Roman Emperor, and the king elects to send him a peace offer.
You know the drill: keep posting, turn will go up tomorrow evening -Nate
Funan: We invade the Kedah region, claiming it as our own. Since there was no actual government there to speak of, we make the locals there citizens of Funan, and gain revenue from trade. The capital is developed, as well as large towns.
- Zapotec: As the two strange men left with their army and loot, the Zapotecs fell into disorder. The circle of shamans tried their best to keep order but it seems that all hopes on fighting back the chaos that grows has failed. The Zapotec society crumbles.
- Vistulan People: As Madaluk remains the center of trade, The first Jewish Synagogue begins to be built using imported marble, bricks, and lumber. This attracts many visitors with Bogoslav supporting this plan even though he remains agnostic in nature. Barret Bismark becomes the leader of Litauen rises to power as a new Führer in the proto-state of Litaue. He begins to adopt many of the cultures brought upon by Madaluk Society. In the meantime, during the struggle of power that continues on. Fredrick Hitler rises to power in the southern valley of Vistula. He becomesa noted threat as a possible rival as he annexes to league powers. The league though begins to calm down in internal warfare. Following this, Litauen expands northward and inward into OTL Latvia. Dimitri and Bogoslav discuss him becoming the next Führer of Vistulia and itis agreed upon. Following this, Dimitri moves to Madaluk and resides in the palace of vistulia with Bogoslav abandoning his Roman Life in exchange for his homeland. His family is moved over and they begin to become quite comfortable in their new home. Unfortunately, Bogoslav passes due to old age and is held a burial ceremony a day after. Following this, reforms are made with Bogoslav's son named Hormann 45, comes to power as the overseer of the league.
- Saxon Tribes (Chauci): The many tribes of the Saxons continue to grow in number as they become more settled and trade in larger amounts with the Romans, and other Germanic tribes. The Chauci in particular grow in prominence as their members become more prominent as sea raiders and as warriors. Many members of the Chauci engage in trade with Romans by sea, both on the island of Britannia, and on the Gaulish coast, and also engage in trade with the Frissi, Angli and other saxon tribes closer to the otl Jutland peninsula. Many members of the Chauci including members of its upper caste begin attempting to join the Roman auxiliary as a means of getting wealth, upon return to their homeland (mod response please). One such youth of the Chauci a young Odo son of one of the Chauci chiefs becomes an auxiliary of the Romans on the Rhine River. In terms of religion all of the Chauci and Saxons continue to follow the pagan religion of their forefathers without issue and pray to the old Germanic gods, though the Chauci start to place greater focus on Wodin, Baldur, Tor, and Tyr, With a major worshipping grounds being established on the mouth of the otl Wesser river. The mouth to the wesser and elbe river become the places of a larger area of settlement as more and traders and raiders group here for easier access to both the sea and to the interior.
The Antoinine Plague comes to an end, having killed a total of five million people worldwide. Rome struggles to recover its manpower, but the agriculture and urban economy has mostly stagnated. Medical and scientific technology, however, explodes in support as a result of the plague. In order to back up military on the border against Dacia, the Senate employs many people from Saxony and Marcomanni into Roman Auxilery Legions.
The Roman sub-Kingdom of Britain manages to hold off the Pictish attack on the Antoinine Wall, managing to hold part of the wall as a mutual border between the two Celtic nations. This combined with the plague, however, helps make the Britonic people more autonomous from Rome, even as King Lucius dies.
Under the great leadership of Marcus Aurelius, the Roman-Parthian War is a glorious success for the Empire. The Battle of Mepsila takes place in 171 AD and the Sack of Seleucia in 173 AD, finally concluding with the Siege of Ctesiphon in 175 AD. Mesopotamia is broken off from the Parthian Empire as the Kingdom of Assyria, with its capital at Ctesiphon. The remaining Parthian Empire, under Vologeses III, moves its capital to Ectbatana.
The persecution of the Church by Marcus Aurelius continues, but not as bad as it was under Trajan. Many of the previous heresies falls off in popularity with the centralization of the Orthodox Church at Jerusalem, but Gnosticism grows in power in Rome.
The Han Dynasty of China also suffers from the aftermath of the plague, and a great famine across the nation at this time causes instability in the Empire.
A charismatic Great Leader named Nayeli rises in power among Zapotec people. Nayeli leads a large group of followers out of Mount Alban, with the intention to establish a new city in the wake of the chaos left by the death of Zyanya. Many of the Zapotec people follow Nayeli, out of hope to seek revenge on the Mayans for their recent sacking.
- Zapotec: Rejoice! The Zapotec people has now fallen into order under Nayeli, with the promises of revenge against the invaders, the Zapotec people gathers as many warriors and hunters that they could muster and has marched off. While the appointed circle of shamans tends to the recovery of Monte Alban.
- Funan: We invade the Kedah region, claiming it as our own. Since there was no actual government there to speak of, we make the locals there citizens of Funan, and gain revenue from trade. The capital is developed, as well as large towns.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: We start to make People saints, Like Andrew the just,Andreas Gothicus and Nathanael The Fair, Peter converts more Armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol, there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red keeps build the church and spread the gospel, Ivan keeps spreading the gospel to the Vistulan People, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea, we also now focus on Mesopotamia.
- Dacia: Dacia perceives a threat in the Vistulan people and seeks allies against them. Dacia also continues to reject Christianity, killing ANY Christian within the borders of the country.
- Vistulia league Dip: We send support to Dacia against our Savage counterparts that call themselves the Ungars.
- Vistulan People: As our culture spreads across East Germany and into the Baltic states, we begin to build up our ships to be better designed. In the meantime as Jewish refugees are taken following the rise of Judaism in the state, the Führer orders the protection of these people and also for for adult men to be baptised and for young children to be circumcised when it comes to converts which many of Dimitri's supporters agree to. In the meantime, The Baltic Bismarks establish their order further with more expansion into OTL Latvia but for the most part consist of villages. Their state of Lithauen becomes a formidable Baltic power even though compared to the Vistulian League states being more superior. A ship of 18 men shipping goods by sea get lost and land in Otl Denmark
- Kush: The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag toward the Red Sea. Trade is conduct with Southern African tribes to Egypt. Mash then takes control of the council and begins to install loyal people into positions of power, this causes great debates in the capital. The religion of Christian slowly begin to spread mostly in the middle and lower class but still stays as minority religion, most of it is united under the "Nubian Church". The Great Khani purge happens when the new leader "Yadim", he begins to arrest Khani supports and lawyers across the nation. Most of these leaders are killed . adim regin falls to a group of rebel mostly loyal to a new poltical faction called Siani led by a Christian religious leader called: :Juma" Sia. He begins with a seris of reform mostly by allowing Christians into high officer jobs.
- Lazica: The Lazican King Atriox Mapotlis begins to fortify his nation's borders with small garrisons in villages boarding Armenia, and moves the nation's capital to the more central city of Archaeopolis. Meanwhile, he also conscripts local stone masons and architects from across his land to begin work on a system of aqueducts to bring water from the Phasis River to the capital of Archaeopolis and the fertile farmlands along the cost. This is expected to cost the crown much money. But, the finding of gold deposits in the mountains helps ease the cost of this new project.
- Xiongnu: Ghunan, the overlord of the leading and most militarily powerful tribe, dies from sickness after visiting the Han Dynasty, leading many people to believe that the Chinese had poisoned him as a means of weakening the Confederacy and to take control over the Xiongnu. This causes centralization to occur following the inception and Janggi, first son of Ghunan, proclaiming himself warlord at age 15. Getting into an argument with his second sibling, Khoriubechi is killed at age 12. Jubkhan, the last son of Ghunan, is taken away by his mother, Berude, far away from the primal tribe location and raised in a much more smaller tribal setting near the outskirts of claimed territory. With Janggi taking the role as Warlord of the Xiongnu, he indirectly sends numerous warriors to raid and loot small cities and towns on the outskirts of proclaimed Han Dynasty territory. Janggi, wanting to re-establish a more powerful nation than his father, begins a large expansions northward and westward, turning many of the native tribes in the location into states or provinces of the Confederacy, reluctant of them agreeing with it or not. Fortification is created in the largest city by population (OTL Ulaan Baatar), with a militia being raised by Janggi.
A new turn at last. Hopefully we can revive the game starting now :)
Emperor Marcus Aurelius completes his education reforms, and the persecution of Aurelius also greatly dies down. In the wake of the last Parthian War, the Emperor appoints a local general named Iunius Arabus as King of Assyria, creating a buffer to the Parthian Empire. Even though Rome was greatly weakened by the Antoinine plague, Aurelius manages to strengthen the miltary, and creates a defensive force larger than any emperor before him. Culture and technology also flourishes in the Empire.
In the wake of both the Plauge and Parthian War, Christianity spreads even faster among people in the Middle East, particularly in Edessa and Mepsila. Peter of Caesarea establishes the first Church in Babylon. The Gnostic foothold in the city of Rome has caused a great divide between the eastern and western Churches, as their respective canons are quite different.
The Nubian Orthodox Church denies relations to the militant Christians that were prevelant in the Jewish-Roman Wars.
Judaism begins to solidify their orthodox, diasporic traditions, as the Jewish Talmud is mostly complete. Two rival Jewish schools exist in Jamnia, Palestine and Babylon, Assyria.
A small outbreak of smallpox appears in Archaeopolis.
The Han Dynasty finds itself unable to pursue these latest Xiongnu raids, as they concentrate on handling the prolonged famine, by order of Emperorn Ling. Meanwhile, the military leader Zhang Jue begins forming a radical branch of Taoism under his charismatic leadership, claiming to have miraculous healing abilities.
- The Yushas: The Yushas of Arabia near OTL Salwa led by Abd Hakim, settle a village. This village begins to see growth as well with population amounts gathering at higher rates. Homes are built across this new village named Bakal. In the meantime, farmlands manage to make it with producing a marginal surplus of food for the people. Abd Hakim marries Aiya Abadi from a nearby village. Travel on Camelback beings to be more used as fishing canoes are used to get fresh fish from the sea.
- Funan: Expansion southward continues, as the trade revenue earned is profitable due to the Malaccan Straits. Roads are built connecting new territories to the towns and capital. Agricultural activities commence in the arable land in the south, further ensuring food supplies for the population.
- Lazica: King Atriox Mapotlis retreats into his fort inside the city and locks everyone but the servants already present at the castle and the small retinue of guards the guard the gate out. He then sends orders for the city gates to be sealed. He then has guards in full leather suits with their mouths covered with cloth round up the infected and quartine them in the city horse racing track. This takes up his focus and thus the Aquduct project continues work. But, no new projects are started considering the king and the tresurey were sealed up inside the fort inside a city undergoing a smallpox outbreak.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: We are glad the Mesopotamia is growing, we allow bishops to get married, we use Greek for the sermons but use hebrew and greek in the nations we have followers, Peter converts more Armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol, there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red keeps building the churches and spreading the gospel, Ivan keeps spreading the gospel to the Vistulan People, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea, we also now focus on Mesopotamia.
- Xiongnu: Janggi's reign as warlord continues as it begins to make citizens more loyal to his proclamation. Now 19, he marries Khorijin and by 184, have their first child, Jirandai. Janggi continues his expansion east and northward, incorporating many tribal states into the Confederacy after beheading their leader and having intercourse with many of their women. Ghunan is finally laid to rest in a specialist tomb created in Tongwan, and do to his mother, Berude, not attending, Janggi begins a large hunt for her and Jubkhan. Somewhere near OTL Zakamensk, a young Jubkhan joins the local tribe's militia.
- Zapotecs: As the great Zapotecan army travels to reach the foreign men from a tribe called "Maya", rebuilding has begun on on Monte Alba. The daily farming and animal husbandry tradition, although disrupted by the attack of the Mayans, picked up pace once again.
This turn will go 36 hours, presumably.
Marcus Aurelius dies, and passes the Empire to his adopted son Commodus. Commodus is not as billiant or well-received as his immediate predecessors, and spends most of the time celebrating circuses in the Colesseum, where he fights among gladiators himself. Nonetheless, he sends a military expedition in 186 AD against the Marcomanni in Germania.
China breaks out into civil war, as Zhang Jue and his Taoist followers leads what is known as the Yellow Turban Rebellion. Emperor Ling Han dispatches the military to suppress these rebels, although they have followers in commandaries all over the Empire.
Smaller civil unrest also takes place in the Xiongnu, as patriarchs of some tribes find the centralization of Janggi abhorant.
A small band of Zapotec warriors encounter expeditions from Teotihuacan. These Mayans don't recognize the Zapotecs from the earlier war, and act friendly toward them, offering to trade some of the finer wares from the Great City.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: nothing much happens, Peter converts more armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol,there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red keeps build the church and spread the gospel, Ivan keeps spreading the gospel to the Vistulan People, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea, we also keep focusing on Mesopotamia.
- Funan: Focusing more on securing the Malayan coastline for trade purposes, expansion toward the south is looked favorably upon by the Emperor, as well as the development of agricultural activities. We remain uninvolved in the chaos within China. We begin working on building larger ships, meant to bolster the Funanese Navy. Cartographers are sent to explore the Malayan Peninsula, so we may decide the best and quickest method to expand.
- Lazica: 23-year old King Atriox, having risen to throne last year, decides that his people need a morale boost after the the Smallpox Outbreak and he needs to replace lost population. Thus he marshals his army of 4000 and marches them to face the enemy army of 2000 at the Battle of Camta. In this battle the Tribal Cavalry of the Albanian Caucasians set their battle line behind a tree line to disrupt the Lazican formations before they reached the Albanian Caucasians lines. However, the Lazicans confident in their ability to win marched forth anyways. However the Albanian Caucasians cavalry was absent from the battles lines and was instead had circled around behind the Lazicans and hit them in the rear. This routed the Lazicans. However the Lazicans managed to break through the enemy Cavalry and retreat back West unharassed thanks to their Cavalry led by King Atriox making a counter charge against the enemy Cavalry still reeling from the enemy breakthrough. The casualties were 2000 Lazican dead and 1000 Albanian Caucasians dead. However, Atriox not done with the Albanians positions his army in a very defendable position upon a river island with a hill on it. He then marched back and mustered a second army of 4000 and acquired better quality weapons and armor for his 2000 Veteran troops still back east. He then marched back east and united the two armies. He then met the 4000 strong enemy army at Zlazika. He lured the enemy army to attack 2000 green troops on the hill and dressed them in the defeated army’s tattered gear and weapons. The Albanian Caucasians thinking this was the battered army they had defeated. Thus over confident they attacked and began to slowly roll back the green troops. However, Atriox had yet to play his ace in the hole. His 2000 Elite Veteran Cavalry from the defeated army attacked from both flanks and inflicted heavy casualties. Meanwhile, the 2000 other green troops attack from the rear and envelope the enemy army. From there it was a slaughter. Albanian Caucasians dead numbered in at 3000 while the Lazicans lost only 1000. The remaining enemy soldiers were pressed into service and willing joined with the prospects of better pay and a better future for their family. However, Atriox’s army was low on supplies and unless they marched back east soon they'd starve. So a peace was made. The Lazicans would annex all Albanian Caucasians would be annexed. However, those who still wanted to live outside of Lazican rule may leave. However, 200,000 wanted to remain. So 200,000 left and colonized the land between Lazica and the Iberian Caucasians. While those didn't leave integrated into Lazica officially raising its population to one million. The war also brought many iron deposited and fertile land under Lazica control. Greatly expanding their power.
- Kush: The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag toward the Red Sea. Trade is conduct with Southern African tribes to Egypt. The religion of Christian slowly begin to spread mostly in the middle and lower class but still stays as minority religion, most of it is united under the "Nubian Church". The Great Khani purge happens when the new leader "Yadim", he begins to arrest Khani supports and lawyers across the nation. Most of these leaders are killed . Sia. He begins with a seris of reform mostly by allowing Christians into high officer jobs. This causes conflict among Christians and non Christians, as non Christians fell cheated from jobs owned by Sia's "Juma".
- Omarid Kingdom: A group of Arabs migrate to OTL northern Saudi Arabia/southern Jordan, and establish a state there. A King, Omar Bakr is elected. Neighboring the Roman Empire, it pays tribute to the empire. Aqaba is capital. Omar Bakr is a Christian, but agrees not to send missionaries to Rome. A canal is being built to make agriculture more easy. Aqaba is being built into a strong, wealty city. A tribal council can elect a king, nd decides manners of the state. The Church of Arabia itself is self proclaimed the Arabian branch of the Nubian church, still under orders from the nubian Bishop. The king fears invasion by the Persians or Romans, so stays crlose to Rome. WE OFFER AND ALLIANCE WITH ROME, AND GREATER AMOUNTS OF TRIBUTES WILL BE PAID. WE WILL PROVIDE TROOPS FOR ANY CAMPAIGN THE ROMANS WISH TO UNDERTAKE. IN RETURN, WE WOULD LIKE PROTECTOIN AGAISNT THE PARTHIANS(MOD). The tactic, ’feigned Retreat’ develops and is used against other Arab tribes for the first time, purposely deploying small armies as a ‘show off’ tactic. The king studies Persian history and tactics, in case of war. He even lays off a plan, known as the ‘mad dog plan’ in case Parthia invades, which is the plan if the Romans do not help, and the plan includes fending off a Parthian assault, attacking Parthian Arab proxies, and if all goes well for he Arabs and the parthians do not agree to peace, the ‘mad dog’ stage will be implemented, which is an invasion of mainland Parthia, and a forced peace treaty. However some generals advise against this emergcy strategy, calling the last part ‘playing with fire’. Some hawkish generals on the other extreme propose uniting Arabia, creating a vast empire, and outright conquering Parthia. The king still sticks to his and the tribal councils plans. Also we urge Kush to officially embrace their Nubian church as we have. Trade continues with Rome and Parthia. (I still need mod response, I made the post more plausible)
- A few things:
- Iraq is named for Uruk, and only refers to Mesopotamia (although Mesopotamia is playable as the recently-formed Kingdom of Assyria)
- Generally "Emir" as a political title doesn't exist yet, and even so you couldn't be centralized enough to use it
- The leader of the Nubian Church is a Bishop, not a Pope
- You have no navy
- You couldn't have any influence across the Red Sea
- Rome accepts the alliance, and agrees to have the "Kingdom of Homaria" as a vassal of the empire for protection.
- A few things:
- Yusha: As villages and towns prosper along the coast through local trade and Parthian Influence, Abd Hakim dies leaving his eldest daughter take power named Akila in power of the Yushan people that continue to develop their culture and civilization as whole. With agricultural growth and more villages settled, Bakal quickly becomes the center of it all. Bakal. Roads begin to connect local villages and Akila orers the murder of many village leaders leading her to supreme leadership over them and electing her own officials in place. This increases her level of control even further. After this time, road development begins to be worked on and homes become more common across coastal zones and in villages that are well made but are mostly owned by higher up officials or rich farm or land owners.
- omarid diplomacy: we offer a trading union with YusHa as we have a relatively similar culture and can have good reason for strong economic ties. also we encourage YusHa not to submit as a Persian vassal.
Commodus continues the prosperous policies of his predecessors. However, he proves to have little interest in the manual affairs of the Empire, focusing instead on gladitorial games. As a result, Rome steadily becomes unstable as individual politicians and generals vie for power.
The Yellow Turban Rebellion in China is mostly suppressed by Emperor Ling Han. However, the nation becomes extremely unstable as local nobles hold the majority of power over the Empire. Dong Zhuo, a warlord from the west, manages to take complete control over Luyang, capital of the Han. A coalition of nobles under Cao Cao manages to evacuate the city and put Dong Zhuo at bay. The Emperor's court relocates to Chang'an.
Due to the chaos in China, supplies to their vassals in Southeast Asia become thin.
As Judaism becomes more popular around Babylon, a mob puts the Deacon Michal of Galilee to death. They blame this violence on the Christians, making the King of Assyria more favorable to the Jews.
A Greek chronciler named Cleon becomes very impressed by the the Laziscans, and after hearing of the conquest of the Albanians, he henceforth refers to their ruler as "Atroixes the Great".
The Nubian church centralizes around the Bishop of Aksum, who is loyal to the Bishop of Alexandria.
Raiding parties from the Omarid Kingdom encounter traders from the Yushas.
- Yusha: We begin to continue in developing and modernizing villages under our new leader's rule. After The Yushas encounter with Omarid Raiding parties, we begin to interact with them by travelling by camel. The village grows extensively and homes are built from stone and brick in less developed villages with the level of complexity growing the closer you get to Bakal. Roads are extended upon and we establish more settlements northward while Akila continues to lead a purge against village leaders in an attempt to takeover the region. market places are founded as well in the streets in order to sell and purchase goods freely and openly with goods being traded to Non-Akila runned villages and such to the north. We begin developing an army of 800 men across Yusha with more lands being opened up for development bringing in fish and other seafoods. Chicken, Beans, and Rice becoming our main crops and domestic animals being used and consumed
- Silla: King Jinheung overthrows the current King in a palace coup. He then proceeds to invite the loyalists of the former King to a banquet, where he murders them all. Jinheung begins severe punishments on rape, murder and theft. The economy has been hurting due to the civil war in China, and King Jinheung faces a challenge, so to stop invaders, he creates a songun policy. Also he starts a new policy, ‘shift to the south’ where he starts trading with funan, silla and Japan. The King is indeed a war king, able to lead his troops into battle. He is also very ruthless, but many enjoy the law and order under his rule, and reduced corruption. Confucianism experiences major growth among the elites. The China/Jurchen border is fortified. A flag is being designed, resembling in part the flag of the otl Korean empire, and part Qing flag would be best analogy. (flag and nation page I hope to start soon).
- Funan: The cartographers have returned from their expeditions, and provide a map of the Malayan Peninsula. They also discover islands toward the West and East of the peninsula, promoting further interest by the government. Meanwhile, astronomy becomes popular after the King is shown a map of the sky from China, and people meet in fields to look at stars. With thinner supplies from China, we slow down expansion and focus on becoming more self-sufficient.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: We condemn the Jews for attacking our followers, send arm guards to protect them, Peter converts more Armenian royals while Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north toward OTL Sochi and OTL Sevastopol, there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Edessa, Obediah the Red keeps build the church and spread the gospel, Ivan keeps spreading the gospel to the Vistulan People, we keep spreading our gospel in the Levant and Judea, we also keep focusing on Mesopotamia.