Algeria (Formal Arabic: الجزائر, al-Jazā’ir; ), officially the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, is a country located in North Africa. It is the largest country on the Mediterranean sea, the second largest on the African continent, and the eleventh-largest country in the world in terms of land area.
It is bordered by Tunisia to the northeast, Libya to the east, Niger to the southeast, Mali and Mauritania to the southwest, a few km of the Moroccan-controlled Western Sahara to the southwest, Morocco to the west and northwest, and the Mediterranean Sea to the north. Its size is almost 2,400,000 sq km with an estimated population near to 35,000,000. The capital of Algeria is Algiers.
Algeria is a member of the United Nations, African Union, OPEC and the Arab League. It also contributed towards the creation of the Arab Maghreb Union.
Alternate versions of Algeria have been discovered in the multiverse:
- Algeria (Chaos)
- Algeria (1861: Historical Failing)
- Algeria (Concert of Europe)
- Algerian Mandate (Reoccupied France)
- Amazighia (Vegetarian World)
- Mauretania (Yarmuk)
- People's Democratic Republic of Algeria (Federation of Nations)
- Region of Algeria (TV)
- Republic of Algeria (1983: Doomsday)
Alternate versions of Algeria have also been discovered to be parts of other nations:
- Free African League (Princip Arrest)
- Italian Empire (Axis World)
- Republic of Northern Africa (Samsu)
- Republic of Northwestern Africa (Zhou)
- United Arab Republic (Nasserism in Arabia)