For Alien Space Bats.
The Alien Space Bats are creatures that make possible things that would be implausible from little changes from OTL.
For example, Alien Space Bats have mind control powers to make leaders (and their advisors, staff, and followers) to take decisions they would have never taken if sane. They can also swap people(s), territories and objects (including you) between places at a given time, or even across time (for example, they can send the contemporary island of Nantucket hundreds of years into the past, as in Island in the Sea Of Time), or insert your brain into the one of a historical figure (as in you wake up as Napoleon the day before Waterloo).
We have the following categories of ASB timelines on this wiki:
- ASB - Aliens - Visitors from other worlds change Earth's history.
- ASB - Biased - The timeline shows a strong bias in favor or against specific nations or individuals.
- ASB - Diseases - A disease gets implausibly out of control. Zombie-creating viruses are in a separate category.
- ASB - Environmental - Settings that make changes to the environment, geography, or geology of Earth. These timelines may identify an event that sparked the change, or they may just have a different world with no explanation given.
- ASB - ISOT - Named after the book, Island in the Sea Of Time, these timelines use Alien Space Bats to take a person, group, nation, island, anything else and drop them into their past or their future.
- ASB - Magic - Supernatural forces change Earth's history.
- ASB - Map Games - Map Games premised on Alien Space Bats of whatever type.
- ASB - Miscellaneous - The Alien Space Bats do things that don't fit the other categories.
- ASB - Monsters - Vampires and werewolves and other horror-themed creatures change Earth's history. (Zombies have their own category.)
- ASB - Multiverses - People are able to travel between different timelines and dimensions.
- ASB - Random - This category is for completely random events or decisions that change history in unrealistic ways.
- ASB - Species - Other sentient species live on Earth and change its history, not counting monsters or zombies (which have their own categories).
- ASB - Superheroes - Humans have special powers and abilities.
- ASB - Technology - Technology develops in unrealistic directions.
- ASB - Time Travel - People go backward or forward in time and change history. (Keep in mind that Future History is Not Alt-History, so nothing on this wiki can be set in our future.)
- ASB - Wars - Wars play out in impossible ways. Operation Sealion is the ASB war scenario par excellence.
- ASB - Zombies - Undead creatures lurch through Earth's history.
A few notable examples of ASB timelines: