| The following Great White South page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
The United Kingdom and its Empire has historically been one of the most prominent colonial powers on Antarctica. With claims dating back to 1820, the year Antarctica was discovered by Europeans; and sub-Antarctic claims dating to the 18th century, the British presence on the continent is well-established.
British Antarctic possessions:
- Scotia Sea Islands — 1765-1820; 1980-1981
- Kerguelen — 1810-1815
- Grahamland — 1820-1980
- Eduarda — 1821-present
- New Devon — 1824-1990
- Berkner Bay — 1859-1901
- Antarctic Mandate — 1919-1936
Commonwealth Antarctic possessions:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Prince Edward Islands — 1873-present
- United Republic — 1990-present
- Commonwealth member-state, not a Commonwealth Realm.