However, what if the Mongol invasion of Japan was succeed? What will happen to the Japanese society at all? What are the impacts of this divergence in the future? This timeline will explore that possibility.
The successful Mongol invasion to Japan in 1282 changed the Japanese society drastically. Japan was subjugated as a tributary state for Yuan Dynasty for about 80 years. The failure of the Bakufu military government to defy the invasion led to the collapse of warrior rule in the island. Japanese society and culture thus become less militarized than in OTL. Together with the court aristocratic class, a new class of bureaucratic scholars emerged and dominated the politics of Medieval Japan. New social order based on Confucianism was established, resulted to the period of domestic peace and stability. As result, there is no Sengoku period; science, technology, and education were more emphasized during this peacetime era.
Other PODsCherry, Plum, and Chrysanthemum is a "catch-all" timeline and contains many sub-timelines on it. Outside the main Point of Divergence, this timeline has many points of divergence, mostly minor and has limited impact or butterfly effect outside the boundary of its time and location. That kind of departure point is called on this timeline as a Holm, Germanic word for an islet in the middle of river, in an analogy that islet that only dividing the stream, but not creating another river from it.
- 1818 – Frederick VI of Denmark is elected as the Crown Prince of Sweden. (see Scandinavia)
- 1844 – Henry Clay is elected President of the United States, defeating Democrat James K. Polk.(see Jacksonian Democracy)
- 1864 – The Confederate States of America seceding from the United States. (see Confederate States and War of Southern Secession)
- 1871 – Leopold of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen is elected and crowned as the King of Spain. (see Spain under the Hohenzollerns)
- 1920 – Joseph Stalin dies due to the complications from acute appendicitis. (see Soviet Union)
One or more minor holms usually being only an ornament in a larger, major holm. Its influences on my timeline ranged from very small to nothing, so it is not even diverging the history.
- 1613 – Dmitry Troubetskoy is elected as the Tsar of Russia, albeit not hereditary. Russia is an elective monarchy from 1613 to 1661. (see Russian Empire)
- 1776 – Benjamin Franklin is elected as the President of the Continental Congress. (see Benjamin Franklin and American Revolution)
Most edited pages
- Italy (royal)
- Marcia Reale d'Ordinanza