As President, he oversaw the ceasefire of the Korean War, maintained pressure on the Soviet Union during the Cold War, made nuclear weapons a higher defense priority, launched the Space Race, enlarged the Social Security program, and began the Interstate Highway System. He was the last World War I veteran to serve as U.S. president, and the last president born in the 19th century. Eisenhower ranks highly among former U.S. presidents in terms of approval rating. He was also the first term-limited president in accordance with the 22nd amendment.
Alternate versions of Eisenhower have been discovered in the multiverse:
- Dwight Eisenhower, failed president candidate (Election 1952)
- Dwight Eisenhower, 16th Vice President of the Confederate States (PS-1)
- Dwight Eisenhower, 35th President of the United States (Republican Century)
- Dwight Eisenhower, 34th President of the United States (World War III-1956)
- Dwight Eisenhower, General of the United States (The Hammer, The Sickle, The Earth)