This is a collection of external sources of information about Doomsday, World War III, nuclear war, military nuclear information, and so on.
- 1983 Soviet nuclear false alarm incident
- Stanislav Petrov
- 1983 - for other events of that year
- September 26 - for other events of that day
- Nuclear warfare
- Potential nuclear summer effects
- Nuclear fallout
- Doomsday event
- List of commercial nuclear reactors
- List of nuclear research reactors
- Square Leg
The 1983 incident
- Der Mann, der den dritten Weltkrieg verhinderte - Interview with Stanislav Petrov, in German.
- Stanislav Petrov obituary from The Guardian
General world information from 1983
- 1983: The Most Dangerous Year - MA thesis by Andrew Russell Garland describing the various causes of geopolitical tension between the Superpowers
- City Population Statistics: A database of country, province/state, county, and city populations, both before and after Doomsday. Useful for estimating populations.
- Indian Fertiliser Industry - an article showcasing Indian fertiliser production
- Paper on Indian Fertiliser Industry - a paper from 2000 showcasing the growth and breakdown of India's fertiliser industry and the different components involved in it
- Fanack - Organization that provides information on water resources of the Middle East
- PC Library Map Collection - Collection of various maps of the countries of the world by the University of Texas. This include many maps created in the mid70s, pretty useful.
Military and strategic information
- Nuclear Warfare 101, 102, and 103 - Information on doctrine in the event of a nuclear war and possible repercussions, as well as information on how nukes work.
- Nuclear Forces Guide - Capabilities and strategic doctrines of each of the nuclear-armed states.
- Natural Resources Defense Council Report 'THE U.S. NUCLEAR WAR PLAN: A TIME FOR CHANGE.' - A detailed report done by the NRDC about a possible nuclear war with the Soviet Union / Russia and his effects.
- Cold War facts - An article that talks about the secret warplans of the Warsaw Pact after the declassification.
- The Soviet Army: Operations and Tactics by the US Department of the Army
- Soviet Nuclear Weapons in Hungary book by Becz, Kizmus, Verhegyi
- "Russian Nuclear Forces" article by Kristensen and Norris
- Getting MAD: Nuclear Assured Destruction, Its Origins and Practice book by Henry Sokolski
- Soviet Military Stategy in Europe - review and summary of a book by Joseph Douglass
Simulations and scenarios
- Ground Zero II - A java nuclear bomb simulator. Simulates blast radius and fallout drift of various yield nuclear devices.
- HYDESim - The high yield detonation simulator.
- NUKEMAP - an incredibly useful tool giving everything from casualty reports to fallout levels and direction, created by Alex Wellerstein
- Nuclear Attack Planning Base - A report compiled in 1987 about a possible nuclear war over the United States by the Soviets.
- Prima Guerra Globale mappa - A google map created for showing the efforts of a nuclear war, done by the Unione scienziati per il disarmo, a scientific group with the goal of avoiding nuclear war. (Done in 1983)
- Quora answer An answer on whether nuclear missiles can be intercepted mid flight
- Reddit answer Another answer on whether nuclear missiles can be intercepted
The impact of nuclear war
- The original "Doomsday Clock" Bulletin of American Nuclear Scientists.
- Atomic Archive - General information about nuclear weapons and their effects.
- Federation of American Scientists - links to papers on nuclear war and ICBMs
- Johnston Archive - Information and elaborations on possible nuclear conflict.
- Nuclear Power and Nuclear Weapons - essay about the impact of bombarding nuclear plants
- Prima Guerra Globale - A detailed article about the effect of the nuclear war in Italy, inside there are more links related to the same topic.
- Research Reactor Vulnerabilityto Sabotage by Terrorists - 2001 article about the security and materials surrounding research reactors
- Modelling effect of aerosols on the Indian Monsoon - paper showcasing the impact of potential nuclear war on the monsoon patterns over India and West Asia
- Drainage of Africa since the Cretaceous - Paper on prehistorical rivers and drainage basins of Africa
- Different Seaways to the Red Sea - Paper on the movement of the Arabian and African plates and the impact on geography
- Toshka Lakes - Paper talking about the construction of the Toshka Spillway and Canal
- Nuclear Winter Responses - Paper talking about the (worst-case) nuclear winter scenario due to fallout from nuclear warfare
- Dead Sea-Red Sea Canal - Paper talking about the proposed Red-Dead Seas canal and the impact this could have on the region
- De-Silting Lake Nasser - Paper on how fertile silt gathering in Lake Nasser can be removed and utilised
- Composition of Silt - Paper talking about the composition of silt gatherin in Lake Nasser
- Nuclear Holocausts: Atomic War in Fiction by Paul Brians - a list of fictional depictions of nuclear war and its aftermath.
- 1983: Doomsday - Group on Facebook.
- Discord - Nowadays we use Discord for talking about 1983: Doomsday, there is a dedicated channel about this tl.