- The Albany Congress is accepted and, also due to William Pitt the Elder's being somewhat less ill, the United Provinces of America (UPA) remains British.
- The Chinese Emperor Qianglong reforms China, thus leading to the beginning of a new Superpower.
- King Louis XVI and the French Royal Family escape to Austria but Louis and Marie-Antoinette are assassinated there.
- Símon Bolívar forms the League of Latin American States.
- Germany is formed by the treaty of Erfurt in 1850.
- Alexander III of Russia has a different tutor, thus instituting the reforms of his father, and democratising Russia.
- Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine is completed, thus accelerating technology.
conceived by Sikulu