The Italian Republic (Repubblica Italiana) is a survivor state located in Northeast Italy. Is the successor state of the Italian Republic and recognized by the internetional community as this, is composed by North and Central Italy.
- 1 History
- 2 Constitution
- 3 Political Parties
- 4 Administrative organization
- 5 Economy
- 6 Health Care
- 7 Education
- 8 Mass media
- 9 Military
The President of the Council Amintore Fanfani wasn't in Rome during the War. Fanfani was in Turin, for a meeting with the workers of the FIAT. The War cut off Northwestern Italy, and in that October, Fanfani had made several attempts at contact with Rome. No answer was received. Then he summoned a meeting of the presidents of the regions of Piedmont, Ligure and Valle d'Aosta in city of Turin to discuss of the situation. From this meeting it was agreed that they would try to best accommodate the survivors as possible and create a new state. In order to do so agriculture was temporarily put in state control. The fledgling government quickly recreated an Armed Forces with the Brigades and Units present in northwest Italy.
A New Republic
The 17th March of 1964 the Italian Republic was declared by a provisional parliament in Madama Palace. The new country would use a modified version of the Italian Constitution. The old flag and coat of arms of the Italian Republic was adopted by request of Fanfani.
After the first election, Giorgio Almirante, leader of the Movimento Sociale Italiano and Italian nationalist, was elected the new President of the Republic by the Parliament. On April 1st of 1964, the President of the Republic officially being his mandate. For the next years, the new government focused on improving the economy, keep people safe and build again for the future.
Expeditions and attack by the Mafia
By the early 1964 economy have grown faster in the republic, and so the people once more became curious as to the fate of Italy. In 1968 two expeditions were set out to assess the conditions in the immediate area. The first of these in north for contact Switzerland and started with relations, but they was sent back, while a second sailed west to seek French.
The later expedition held good results, with the contact of French Republic, the Italian expedition made contact and exchange embassies with the Principality of Monaco, the first state at recognized the Italian Republic as the successor state of Italy with France.
In 1970 the republic have started the annexation of Lombardy, for exploit their industries and their hydropower plan stations, the Lombardy was liberated in one mount.
When the Italian Republic have captured Milan it surprising safe and when the italian authorities arrive in the city the mayor welcomed there and it have accepted of put the Lombardy under the control of Italy, the province of Milan was put under civilian rule and a comunal junta was elected by the citizens of Milan.
In the 1966 they have send humanitarian and medical aid at the Tuscany, it also have send 5000 Military for help the young republic and preserve the greatest assets that the Italians have give to humanity.
In 1963 the republic have made contact with the Sicily, after a diplomatic incident called "L'arrivo dei Piemontesi."
In the '60s finally the Switzerland have open his border and started to make relations with his neighbors, after this the Italian Republic have try again to contact the Swiss and they have answer happily at established relations with the Italian Republic. Now Switzerland and the republic have both an embassy in their capitals and they have good relations, they also help the survivors state at grown and create a stable government.
In 1978 the Neapolitan Republic made a landing in Liguria, nominated "Operazione Ionio", the major objectives of the Republic were the ports, for distable the Italians. They underestimated the Italian Armed Forces, the most organized and modern Armed Forces in the Peninsula, second only to the Sicilian Armed Forces.
All the ship was destroyed even before reached the coast, who was lucky of survive and arrive at the coast was executed by the Italian Army.
The President of the Republic Silvio Berlusconi have say this speech in a conference with the other head of state of the Italian peninsula : "Un attacco alla democrazia e alla Repubblica Italiana, che è il paese più sviluppato e modernizzato dell'Italia. La Repubblica Italiana attenuerà una azione ostile nei confronti della Repubblica Napoletana, boicottando ogni prodotto della Repubblica e ingaggiando azioni ostili contro la Marina Napoletana. Ed inoltre creeremmo un alleanza militare e politica tra gli stati democratici e legittimi Italiani; Ossia Sicilia, Venezia, Toscana, San Marino, e Sardegna per debellare questo stato mafioso e per portare democrazia e libertà al popolo del meridione, oppresso sotto lo stivale della Mafia."
English : "An attack against democracy and the Italian Republic, which is the country's most developed and modernized Italy. The Italian Republic will alleviate a hostile action against the Neaplitan Republic, boycotting any product of the Republic and engaging hostile actions against the Neapolitan Navy. and also we would create a military and political alliance between the democratic and legitimate were Italian; this mean Sicily, Venice, Tuscany, San Marino, and Sardinia to eradicate this state mafia and to bring democracy and freedom to the south the people, oppressed under the boot of the Mafia."
Formally and according to the Italian Constitution (Costituzione Italiana) is organized as such:
- President of the Republic (Presidente della Repubblica), nominated by the parliament every seven years. The post is hold by Silvio Berlusconi.
- The Parliament has a perfect bicameral system, and this is composed of the Chamber of the Deputies and by the Senate.
- The Chamber of the Deputies is elected by the people every ten years, they have 310 deputies.
- The Senate is elected by the president of the regions every five years, they have 190 Senators.
- President of the Council (Presidente del Consiglio), nominated by the President of the Republic. They were responsible for the administration of the Republic. Mario Monti is the current President of the Council.
- The Constitution establishes the Government of the Italian Republic as composed of the President of the Council and Ministers. The President of the Council form its cabinet. The appointee can be the leader of the majority coalition that won the election, or it can be a person instructed by the President of the Republic to form a national unity government in times of crisis for the nation. Either way, the government must receive the confidence of the Parliament.
- The Constitution states that justice is administered in the name of the people and that judges are subject only to the law. So the judiciary is a branch that is completely autonomous and independent of all other branches of power, even though the Minister of Justice is responsible for the organization and functioning of those services involved with justice and has the power to originate disciplinary actions against judges, which are then administered by the High Council of the Judiciary, presided over by the President.
- There is only partial judicial review of legislation. Judicial review exists under certain conditions, established by the Constitutional Law, in the Constitutional Court, or Corte Costituzionale, which can reject anti-constitutional laws after scrutiny. When the Court declares a law unconstitutional, the law ceases to have effect the day after the publication of the ruling.
- The Constitutional Court is composed of 15 judges, one of which is the President of the Italian Constitutional Court elected from the court itself. One third of the judges are appointed by the President of the Italian Republic, one-third are elected by Parliament and one-third are elected by the ordinary and administrative supreme courts.
- According to the Constitution, any citizen that is fifty on the day of the election, and enjoys civil and political rights, can be elected President. The President cannot hold office in any other branch of power, and the office's salary and privileges are established by law.
- In addition to powers inherent in being a member of the cabinet, the prime minister holds specific powers, most notably being able to nominate a list of cabinet ministers to be appointed by the President of the Republic.
- Often the Prime Minister's activity consists more in mediating between the various parties in the majority coalition, rather than directing the activity of the Council of Ministers.
From the last political elections in the Italian Republic in the 1980 this are the most voted party in the Parliament, a party need at least have 5% of vote for enter in the Parliament.
Chamber of the Deputies (310 members) :
- Partito Socialista Italiano, the PSI is the direct successor of the old PSI in nord-west Italy, is by now the third most great party and is based on socialism, most of his votes are taken from the industrial and periferical zone of the main cities, but also is popular in countrysides, the party it have 60 members and his leader is Bettino Craxi.
- Partito Comunista Italiano, the PCI is the old party of the PCI during the first republic, it don't have change his ideology and his line of party, is the second most great party in the Chamber of the Deputies and is of course based on communism and on the fight of the bourgeoisie, is mainly supported by the worker class and by a little part of the middle class, it has 65 members and its leader is Achille Occhetto, the party is also a member of the Internationale.
- Democrazia Cristiana, the DC or the "Balena Bianca" didn't change even with the war. In fact, it remained that of the pre-war, the DC is the most great party of the Chamber and of the Parliament with 100 seats, the ideology of the DC is based on the right ideals and ideology, so is a liberal, conservative and right party. The party is supported by most of the bourgeoisie of the middle class and by the upper class, and even financed by the industrialists and by the businessmen, the party is for now at the government with Mario Monti, most of the cities have now a mayor of the DC or near to his ideology, the leader of the party is Mino Martinazzoli.
- Lega Nord - Padania, this new party it was founded recently, in the 1980, for now they have only ten seats in the parliament, by many exponents of the independence of North Italy or how they like called "Padania" for their the Padania should be free by the Italians and by the "Terroni", who are southern Italians, the LN was created after the fusion of four extra-parliamentary parties about the independence of the North Italy, obviously their main goal is the independence of the Padania under the "Sun of the Alps", the flag of the Padania, also other at the independence their goal is united the Republic of Venice and Tuscany at the Padania, this party for now is only popular in the city of Milan and generally in Lombardy, with little support in Piedmont, the secretary of the Lega is Matteo Salvini.
- Movimento Sociale Italiano, Formed in 1946 by supporters of the former Duce Benito Mussolini, most of whom took part in the experience of the RSI and the PFR, the MSI became the fourth largest party in Italy by the early 1970s. The party gave informal local and eventually national support to the DC from the first 1960s and through the 1960s, sharing anti-communist ideologies. The MSI it have grown in popularity among the young Italians and among who fight with the RSI, and it have many support in the circles of the far-right Milanese and Torinese, but also Genovese, is also popular in Liguria and in Piedmont, the MSI have 75 seats in the Chamber of the Deputies, and his leader is Giorgio Almirante, also first president of the republic.
Senate (190 members) :
- Partito Socialista Italiano, the PSI is the direct successor of the old PSI in nord-west Italy, is by now the third most great party and is based on socialism, most of his votes are taken from the industrial and periferical zone of the main cities, but also is popular in countrysides, the party it have 40 members and his leader is Bettino Craxi.
- Partito Comunista Italiano, the PCI is the old party of the PCI during the first republic, it don't have change his ideology and his line of party, is the second most great party in the Chamber of the Deputies and is of course based on communism and on the fight of the bourgeoisie, is mainly supported by the worker class and by a little part of the middle class, it have 50 members and its leader is Achille Occhetto, the party is a also a member of the International.
- Democrazia Cristiana , the DC or the "Balena Bianca" isn't change even with the war, in fact it remain that of the pre-war, the DC is the most great party of the Chamber and of the Parliament with 55 seats, the ideology of the DC is based on the right ideals and ideology, so is a liberal, conservative and right party. The party is supported by most of the bourgeoisie of the middle class and by the upper class, and even financed by the industrials and by the businessmans, the party is for now at the government with Mario Monti, most of the cities have now a mayor of the DC or near to his ideology, the leader of the party is Mino Martinazzoli.
- Movimento Sociale Italiano, Formed in 1946 by supporters of the former Duce Benito Mussolini, most of whom took part in the experience of the RSI and the PFR, the MSI became the fourth largest party in Italy by the early 1970s. The party gave informal local and eventually national support to the DC from the first 1960s and through the 1960s, sharing anti-communist ideologies. The MSI it have grown in popularity among the young Italians and among who fight with the RSI, and it have many support in the circles of the far-right Milanese and Torinese, but also Genovese, is also popular in Liguria and in Piedmont, the MSI have 45 seats in the Chamber of the Deputies, and his leader is Giorgio Almirante, also first president of the republic.
Total seats in the Parliament : 500
|Name of the party||Number of seats||Percentual|
|Partito Socialista Italiano||100||20%|
|Partito Comunista Italiano||115||23%|
|Lega Nord - Padania||10||2%|
|Movimento Sociale Italiano - Destra Nazionale||120||24%|
The Italian Republic is divided into regions, provinces and communes. The Provinces are in the charge of a Prefect, named by the President of the region, who is in charge of all aspects of the state administration and public order and the president of the region is elected every five years on universal suffrage. The chief magistrate of a commune is a mayor, elected by the citizens of a city or in special case by a prefect. He was assisted by a Municipal Consul, composed of five councilors named by the Mayor.
The regions are :
|Name of the regions||Capital||Population||Other cities|
|Piemonte||Turin||4,579,898||Novara and Alessandria|
|Lombardia||Milan||10,014,950||Brescia and Bergamo|
|Liguria||Genoa||1,827,893||La Spezia and Savona|
|Valle d'Aosta||Aosta||118,101||Fenis and Courmayeur|
|Veneto||Venice||4,928,503||Verona and Padua|
|Friuli Venezia-Giulia||Trieste||1,567,211||Gorizia and Pola|
|Emilia-Romagna||Bologna||4,450,541||Reggio-Emilia and Parma|
|Toscana||Firenze||3,745,593||Livorno and Pisa|
|Sardegna||Cagliari||1,656,000||Sassari and Alghero|
|Lazio||Latina||3,885,917||Viterbo and Rieti|
|Umbria||Perugia||905,205||Terni and Assisi|
|Marche||Ancona||1,544,715||Urbino and Pesaro|
|Trentino||Trento||1,055.645||Bolzano and Merano|
The Italian Republic has a mixed economy system. Though traditionally the Italian economy in north Italy has been dominated by agriculture and industry. By now the Italian economy is the most powerfull of the Italian states and is a rivals in the economy of Spain, France, Slovenia, Greece and Croatia. Education, banking service, security service, telecommunication, transport, health care, social security and access to cultural resources are under the control of the state.
The Italian economy is based on tourism, agriculture, car industry, industry, energy, viticulture, fishing and shipping industry.
Health care is free and accessible for all the citizens of the republic, funded by the state through general taxation and direct revenues collected by local health, through prescription charges and other chargeable services.
Most major cities have a hospital or a general hospital. The smaller cities or the villages have a Local Health Office (L.H.O.) (Italian: Uffici Sanitari Locali (U.S.L.)).
Schooling is required by law, and free, compulsory education is obligatory until 17 years of age. The Italian school system is divided into three stages of education:
- Primary education, which includes the kindergarten for three years and primary school, five-years.
- Secondary education, which includes the secondary school level (middle school) for three years, and the secondary school of second degree (High school) of five-year duration.
- Higher education, including the universities, the higher education in art, music and dance and vocational training.
Turin and Milan have the best univerities of Italy with that of Palermo and Verona, in fact this university are also many frequented by foreign students, mainly French, Swiss, English, Americans and Japanese.
Within the republic, the official news agency is the Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata (ANSA). The most read newspapers are the Corriere della Sera, the Repubblica, the Sole 24 ORE, the Messaggero, the Gazzetta dello Sport, Tuttosport and the Secolo XIX.
The RAI (Radio Televisione Italiana) are property of the state. Also there is many private television, mainly with a regional or provincial basin, or also with a national basin like Mediaset.
This new private line is the most great commercial broadcaster in the country and is a great rival of the RAI channels, the main channels of Mediaset are Rete 4, Canale 5 and Italia 1, this rival with the RAi is given by the fact of the free to view on the Mediaset, because is a private line.
The Italian Armed Forces (Forze Armate Italiane) an armed force made up of conscripts. All male citizens of 18 years need to serve in the Armed Forces for 18 months.
The Italian Armed Forces are equipped with the AR-70, a assault rifle in the .223 Remington as main rifle, with the Beretta M70 as side gun, they have also use the MG 42/59 and the Breda M37
as squad weapons.
By now the AR-70 is one of the most efficient weapons of the various Armed Forces in the Peninsula, by now the Tuscan, Venetian and Sicilian Army are in the consideration of adopted the AR-70 and the .223 Remington as standard rifle.
- Italian Army (Esercito Italiano): 50,000 Military
- Italian Military Navy (Marina Militare Italiana): 20,000 Military
- Italian Military Air Force (Aeronautica Militare Italiana): 15,000 Military
- Army of the Carabinieri (Arma dei Carabinieri): 30,000 Carabinieri
- Financial Guard (Guardia di Finanza): 10,000 Guard
- Army of the Carabinieri (Arma dei Carabinieri): 30,000 Carabinieri
- Police of State (Polizia di Stato): 15,000 Policemen
- Financial Guard (Guardia di Finanza): 10,000 Guard