| The following The Dress Rehearsal Nation of Kamchatka is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
Writer's Note: This is a work in progress and subject to later change. If you have a suggestion or problem, either hop into PMs with me, or get onto the AWH Discord and shoot me a ping or DM. I use brackets [example] to explain things that are not fully done or to give further explanation to things I will glance over later. Many thanks to whoever fixed it. Either that, or user error. Thanks!
It has participated in various wars, most notably both World Wars, the Winter War, the Continuation War, the Sino-Mongol War, and the Japanese-Taiwanese War. It has emerged a victor in all of these wars, though losses were heavy in a good deal of them. Its military consists of the Kamchatkan Army, the Navy, and the Air Force.
The current president is President Huach, who is of Kamchatkan-Mongol descent. The current party in power is the Democratic Coalition, who is allied with the Farmer's Party.
Writer's Note: Still need to expand. Please DM me on Discord (as mentioned) if plotholes are noticed, or you have a suggestion. Many thanks!
During the Russo-Japanese War, the discontented peoples and settlers of the Kamchatkan Peninsula revolted.
Japan begins to aid the revolt. The revolt ended with a negotiation with the Russian Empire on the 28th of February, 1906, granting them independence.
As per the peace treaty, Russia gave up Vladivostok, Primorsky Krai, Sakhalin Island, and the southern portion of Khabarovsk Krai to Japan
Independence Day: February 28th, 1906, with the capital of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, as well as the states of Kamchatka Krai, Magadan Oblast, and the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug.
These are the first of the political groups formed:
The Democratical Coalition
The Peninsular Republican Association
Farmer’s Party [Socialist. Various smaller parties carry this name as well, most of them either socialist or communist.]
Smaller independent parties
The newly created Kamchatkan Republic’s first president is elected, following the creation of the constitution, inspired by the American’s
The first president, Aleksandr Yuri, who was a schoolteacher before his political rise in mid 1906, was voted into a landslide victory against the opposing Farmer’s Party, a socialist political group
Vladimir Lenin moves to the Kamchatkan Republic in an attempt to stir up more trouble in Tsarist Russia. He is granted the first Honorary Citizen award due to his attempts to bring down the Russian monarchy.
- Demo-Marxist Party formed.
The first amendment is added, granting the people the rights to religion. It also establishes the right to the press, right to freely speak, and for the President to be reelected every five years
The first naval ship, the KWS Red, is sent on its maiden voyage, built using a modified blueprint of Japan’s Kamikaze-class destroyer. Its voyage is a goodwill mission to Tokyo, where President Yuri meets with Emperor Meiji to discuss various topics, including a theoretical military alliance between Kamchatkan Republic and the Empire of Japan. This is scrapped quickly, however, due to fear of Russian interference.
2 more ships are commissioned, the Blue and Yellow.
The Kamchatkan Republic changes its name to the Nation of Kamchatka.
Aid is sent to the newly created Chinese Republic, via surplus material.
Kamchatkan Nationalist Party is formed, becoming the first party formed after the creation of the nation.
Aleksandr Yuri is reelected President, in a near landslide victory, against the opposing Farmer’s Party and the PRA.
The KWS Blue and Yellow are sent on their maiden voyage, a trip around the Kuril Islands, a stop in Vladivostok, and then Sakhalin Island before returning back to Petro-Kam.
The first main military factory is built in Petro-Kam, under a joint contract between the Kamchatkan Arms Co. and the Koishikawa Arsenal, a Japanese arms manufacturer. The first guns produced are the KJ-3, based upon the Type 38 rifle.
Demo-Marxist Pary absorbed into the Farmer's Party.
The KWS Red is updated with new naval artillery
The northern portion of the remaining Khabarovsk Krai is bought from Russia for an estimated 24 million USD. This agreement also makes the newly bought territory demilitarized for the next decade.
The First World War breaks out
Another Kamchatkan Arms-Koishikawa factory opens in Petro-Kam, making mostly British-style helmets, as well as bayonets.
The first Kamchatkan Army Recruitment Center opens in Petro-Kam. Three more open within the year: Ossora, Anadyr, and Magadan.
A non-aggression pact is signed with Russia, as well as a treaty between both Russia and Japan, allowing and helping finish off the Trans-Siberian Railroad.
- After the German sinking of the Kamchatkan civilian ship the KCS Ola, the Nation of Kamchatka declares war on the German Empire.
250 troops are sent from the nearly finished TS railroad to the Eastern Front to help Russia.
The third KA-Koishi factory is opened in Magadan, producing guns and entrenchment shovels.
A draft is instituted, declaring all able-bodied men over the age of 21 were to report to the nearest Recruitment Center. Women begin to take the jobs the men traditionally held.
Training begins for the Eastern Front troops
Troop training begins for the drafted troops, around a thousand men
Brusilov Offensive begins
NOK troops fight alongside the Russians, with some 500 soldiers managed to flank the enemy and encircle them, during the Battle of Lutsk
They are forced back to the Russian borders during the German counter
New troops are sent to the front, with the troop count now ~1100
Entrenched along the Russo-German border
Romania joins the Allies
The Kamchatkan Army abandons Russia in order to help Romania
Entrenchment begins, and new troops are sent, numbering around ~2300
A quarter of troops garrison Bucharest
Some 2/3s of the remaining help defend the southern border from Bulgarian and Turkish troops
Battle of Bucharest, lost to the Central Powers
Retreat to Russian soil
New KAK factory opens, manufacturing large amounts of ammunition
Kamchatkan Navy arrives in England, fighting for the first time against a German U-boat, the U-183. The KWS Blue manages to sink the ship, but with some major damage. It is put out of commission until mid-1917.
The KWS Yellow docks in Arkhangelsk.
Entrenchment outside the Baltic German holdings.
A Kamchatkan-led counterattack hits -where is now Estonia- destroying the German army stationed there, the first major NOK victory in the war.
Entrenchment of the Estonian-German border, and the Battle of Riga, which is won.
Russian Feb. Revolution begins; troops slowly begin to withdraw from the eastern front.
Trans-Siberian Railroad is finished.
Retreat of Kamchatkans from Russian Front, concentrating forces toward the new Estonian Front.
Troops deployed to Tallinn, as well as the KWS Red and Yellow.
Troop count now ~3400.
Vladimir Lenin returns to Russia, sent on a protected train carriage.
Battle of Kaunas, a bloody Allied victory with heavy losses. Around 1000 people died in the battle, mainly Kamchatkan.
Creation of the Baltic Republic, a state compromising of Estonia, Latvia, and the newly conquered Lithuania. Breaks up in October.
President Yuri reelected for the third consecutive term. The Democrats and PRA’s joint victory against the Nationalists and Farmer’s Party is won in a near landslide.
Kamchatka begins negotiations with Japan for the purchase of Vladivostok. An agreement is reached for 33 million USD by 1920.
Kamchatka begins the "Bottleneck" fort line project, which is built on the smallest point on the Kamchatkan Peninsula, where it meets to the mainland.
Troop count now ~5000, and three new warships are commissioned to be built.
KA-KA factory opens, making more KJ-3s, as well as researching new methods of making automatic weapons, using a US Browning M1917 as a model.
- Baltic Republic breaks up into Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. Latvia and Lithuania peace out with the Central Powers, though Estonia allows Kamchatka to keep i’s fleet in Tallinn.
- October Revolution in Russia, led by Vladimir Lenin and the Bolsheviks. Most people support them, due to the collapse of their former foe.
- Troops count now ~4,800, and the KWS Blue is finally repaired, following a hiccup in British supplies.
- Leon Trotsky and Joseph Stalin are awarded Honorary Citizen awards for their effort in bringing down the tsardom.
- In a secret treaty between President Yuri and Vladimir Lenin, Alexei Romanov is allowed safe passage into Kamchatka.
- The final Christmas Truce is held between Germany and Kamchatka.
- Second Battle of Memel is fought between Germany and Kamchatka, with a severe blow to the army. While it is still a victory, it is the bloodiest one as of now, with 7.8 thousand troops killed.
- The KJ-A1 is deployed. A machine-gun, it is air cooled and very effective against the enemy, gaining the nickname 'The Broom'.
- A new KA-KA opens to manufacture the A1 and it's rounds.
- As negotiations begin between Soviet Russia and the German Empire, NOK joins the talks in an attempt to gain some minor gains. These are as follows:
- Small sliver of north Mozambique
- Control of Nauru
- Treaty of Brent-Litovsk is signed by NOK, Soviet Russia, and Germany, ending hostilities between the three powers. Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania become independent, and democratic elections are scheduled to be held in August. Kamchatka gains a small portion of Mozambique.
- The draft officially ends, and returning soldiers are given their jobs back. The women who previously held them are offered new ones in place of their old ones.
- The first fort in the Bottleneck line is finished, with an opening ceremony by President Yuri and several generals.
- The Kamchatkan Colony of North Mozambique is formed.
- The Trans-Kamchatkan Railway's construction begins, the line going from Vladivostok to Petro-Kam.
- Treaty of Versailles is signed between the remainder of the Central Powers and the Allies.
- The first aircraft for military use is purchased from France, the Bréguet 17. Research begins in an attempt to produce more airplanes.
- President Yuri steps down from the presidency, allowing for his advisers to decide which among them takes power.
- A prototype (mostly a copy) of the Bréguet 17 is put out, and begins to be used. It runs on a heavily modified car engine, air cooled, and has 4 A1s placed throughout. It crashes in May, killing the copilot.
- Yuri's Adviser of the Economy, Mikhail Csaridov, takes up the presidency.
- The Kamchatkan Stock Exchange opens, with 5 major companies on the board: the Kamchatkan Arms Company, the TK Railroad Corporation, Mountain Men Timber & Coal Industries, Petro Motor, and the Snow Company.
- The President's home's construction is completed, dubbed the Snow Manor. President Csaridov opens it, alongside Yuri.
- The second fort in the Bottleneck line is finished.
- Vladimir Lenin visits Kamchatka on a goodwill trip between Soviet Russia and it's neighbor.
- The Naval Museum opens in Magadan, with an uncompleted hull of the cancelled KWS Green becoming the main attraction.
- A new prototype of the Bré-17 is created, this time with a very experimental steel/wood mono-wing. It flies very well, and it is commissioned to be manufactured for the newly formed Kamchatkan Air Army Group.
- The Peninsular Air Company is formed, and begins manufacturing of the KAF Model A.
- Third fort in the Bottleneck Line is finished, and only two more are scheduled to be built.
- The fourth and fifth Bottleneck forts are built, bringing an end to that project.
- The Kamchatkan Military Airports begin construction in Petro-Kam, Ossora, and Magadan.
- President Csaridov is reelected by the joint effort between the Penpublicans and the Democratic Coalition against the Farmer's Party and the Nationalists.
- The first group of the Air Army Group is formed, and sinks a group of dinghies. This test goes well over expectations.
- A new destroyer class is debuted, the 'Tree' class. 14 of them are commissioned to help with trade, and to protect Kamchatkan Mozambique.
- Diplomatic relations with Finland and Italy open, and Yuri becomes an ambassador to the former.
Writer's Note: WIP, look at Timeline at the moment. This will be an expanded version of that, going into more detail.
World Maps through the Years (Temp)\
Written by MrCokokoAWH, and helped by the many folks at the AWH Discord.