| The following page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
The North American Divisions are a series of events that happened after the Soviets won the Cold War and the turn of the millennium tore North America and other countries apart.
Events that take place in this timeline are similar to the ones in our timeline (OTL), albeit with a few differences.
United States of North America (USNA) - Formed from Michigan in 1994 as the Great Lakes Union. Contains the Great Lakes region as well as New York, New Jersey, Minnesota and most of Ontario, Canada. As of November 9, 2017, the northern East Coast plus Newfoundland will be added. Renamed the USNA in November 2017. Capitals are Chicago, Boston and Lansing.
California Republic (CR) - formed in 2001. Contains California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Baja California, Baja California Sur and Sonora. Capital is Las Vegas
Quebec SSR - formed in 2006. Contains most of Quebec and the former Kenora District of Ontario. Capital is Montreal, considered to be a satellite state of the Soviet Union.
Confederate States Of North America (CSNA) - took over the Gulf of Mexico and East Coast by force starting in May 2003. Contains all of the Southeast and some of the Great Plains, Cuba, Honduras, and the Gulf coastline of Mexico. Extends as far north as Maryland and as far south as Honduras. Capitals include Montgomery, Houston, Havana and San Luis Potosi.
Cascadia - A country that consists of British Columbia, Alberta, Washington (now called Olympia), Idaho and Montana. Capital is Seattle and formed in 2009
Baffin Island (BI) - A country that is the one of the smallest in population (100,000). Consists of Baffin Island, Northwest Quebec, and numerous islands once belonging to Nunavut. Capital is Iqualit, formed in 2009
Republic of Campeche (darker orange) - What was once Mexico. Capital is Mexico City. Formed in 1992.
Canada - What is left of Nunavut, NW territories, Yukon, Northern Saskatchewan and Northern Manitoba. Capital is Whitehorse.
United States of the Rockies - What remained of the USA when it was divided. Capital is Denver. Formed in 2010
Point of Divergence
The point of divergence is in 1991 when the Soviet Union faked it's own death and nuked Ottawa, thus ending the Cold War with a Soviet victory. Communism was alive and well, and sent to Mexico. Thus, the Republic of Campeche, a communist state, was formed.
- November 9, 1989: Berlin Wall comes down.
- January 2, 1991: Ottawa is nuked by the Soviets
- January 3, 1991: North Korea and China become a new country: The People's Democratic Republic of China.
- Jan 5, 1991: Soviet Union allies with the PDRC. The United States declares nuclear war on the Soviet Union.
- March 31, 1991: PDRC annexes Mongolia.
- Feb 15, 1992: "Operation Downfall 2.0"-a plan to take down Moscow and other Soviet cities - leaked by government defectors.
- June 5, 1992: Republic of Campeche - a communist satellite state of the Soviet Union - formed from what was Mexico. The Baja Peninsula is now Baja.
- December 25, 1992: Superior becomes the 51st US state. New York evacuated due to Soviet nuke sailing over the Atlantic.
- December 26, 1992: Nuke misses and hits the eastern end of Long Island instead. Long Island as far west as Shirley evacuated.
- April 6, 1993: Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania all secede from the Soviet Union as well as the Kaliningrad Oblast.
- April 7, 1993: US ships enter the Mediterranean sea.
- January 26, 1994: Michigan and Superior secede and form the GLU. Even though several of the ships are from the newly-formed GLU, the US and GLU work together.
- March 9, 1994: Kiev is nuked, Ukranian SSR surrenders and becomes a US protectorate. US military bases established in Kiev.
- June 5-7, 1994: Crimea re-annexed by the Soviet union, Soviets test 'Tsar Bomba 2', supposedly stronger than the original Tsar Bomba; The UN condemns the action.
- June 7, 1994: The Korean province of the PDRC tests 'Nodong-1' ICBM, capable of reaching Hokkaido, Japan.
- July 4, 1994: Ukraine becomes independent.
- May 1996: Quebec and Ontario become communist, forms the Communist Republic of Central Canada.
- May 4, 1997: the Republic War begins in Houston, Texas. Lasts until 1999 when Mexico City is nuked.
- July 16-18, 1997: Hurricane Danny relieves the war efforts for a moment
- July 19, 1997: Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin join the GLU, closing off Lake Michigan to the US
- July 23, 1997: Ohio joins the GLU to the dismay of the US
- December 25, 1997: Part of Detroit is destroyed when the CRCC sends troops to Windsor.
- September 11, 1999: Mexico City is nuked, therefore ending the Republic War.
- Nov 6, 2000: Al Gore is elected as president of the USA.
- Feb 2, 2001: Ontario and Minnesota join the GLU; California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon and Sonora secede from their respective countries to form the California Republic.
- March 5, 2001: Quebec and New England form Quebec, Baja absorbed into the California Republic
- March 21, 2001: Eastern Canada joins Quebec
- May 1, 2001: New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania join the GLU.
- September 11, 2001: 9/11, Long Island becomes a state of the GLU
- March-May 2002: Independence efforts in Richmond and Montgomery lead to riots, Cuba is annexed by the USA
- May 2003: South Carolina secedes along with North Carolina to form the free state of Carolina.
- April 2004: Carolina takes over the neutral east coast, renaming themselves the Carolina Democratic Republic (CDR)
- May 1, 2005: CDR expands east, takes all states east of New Mexico and south of the GLU, renamed the CSA (Confederate States of America)
- May 2, 2005: US capital moved to Denver due to takeover by the CSA
- July 6, 2005: Mexican Gulf coast taken over by CSA along with Cuba. Renamed the CSNA
- July 30, 2005: Honduras annexed by the CSNA
- August 30, 2005: Quebec declares independence from CRCC
- January 3, 2007: Soviet Union takes Alaska
- April 30, 2009: Cascadia, Baffin Island and Northern Quebec form Cascadia-Baffin
- June 3, 2009: Baffin Island declares de facto independence
- December 31, 2009 @ 11:59 PM EST: Baffin Island becomes a country, taking Baffin Island and Northern Quebec
- January 1st, 2010: The USA is reworked into the United States of the Rockies
- July 4, 2012: Quebec allies with the Soviet Union
- 2015: Great Lakes Union and California Republic form the Coastal League
- March 2015: Quebec declares war on Ontario
- March 25, 2015: Soviets declare war on the GLU, GLU allies with the CSNA and Canada
The NAN2 (North American News Network) covers recent events in this timeline in this area of this page.
23 November 2017 - PDRC's Korean province releases inmates from countries other than South Korea. China tests the "Nanking II" ICBM.
13 November 2017 - The USNA and several other countries (CSNA, Canada, Baffin Island, California Republic) block travel to the Quebec SSR and the PDRC on counts of "acts of terrorism." Great Lakes Union renamed United States of North America due to expanding to the East Coast.
10 November 2017 - YouTube officially banned in Quebec SSR and Republic of Campeche. Puerto Rico absorbed by the CSNA.
9 November 2017 - Oregon officially becomes part of Cascadia.
7 November 2017 - USR declares the Colorado Republic illegal and will be absorbed back into Colorado. GLU agrees with the USSR for turnover of lands in the land deal in exchange for the Kenora District of Ontario, officially ending the Lakes Quebec wars. GLU also annexes Iowa from the USR.Election Day across the former US, Canada and Mexico. Baffin Island retains George Locklear as its provincial Governor, Campeche's new prime minister is Mária Iotas, the GLU appoints a new Governor for the New England area- Martha Smith, and 51.95% of Oregon's citizens in the California Rep. votes for secession and admission into Cascadia. No action has been taken by either country on this proposal yet.
4 November 2017 - Deal for new land falls through the GLU and USSR's floor, renegotiations begin 2 January 2018. Yucatan declares de facto independence from Campeche.
31 October 2017 - Terror attack in New York, kills 7, injures 140. Canada acquires parts of Alaska from the USSR under the Perm Act.
30 October 2017 - de facto Colorado Republic secedes from the USR. Capital Denver remains in the USR, no action has been taken yet. Great Lakes Union passes HB#124, banning the sale of guns to anyone with a mental condition or have been convicted in the past 10 years.
29 October 2017 - Venezuela is dissolved into Columbia and Brazil due to economy crash. Siberia declares independence from the Soviet Union. The UN does not recognize this new country. The USR welcomes Southern Saskatchewan and Manitoba into the Rockies
28 October 2017 - Boston partially destroyed by Soviet nuke that missed and instead hit Cape Cod Bay.
(if you like, you can add links, just add the (North American Divisions) at the end.)
|Quebec SSR||Confederate States of North America||California Republic||Baffin Island||Republic of Campeche||US Of the Rockies|
|People's Democratic Republic of China||Japan||South Korea||Canada||Central American Nations||Soviet Union|
|Coastal League||Quebec League||Anti-Soviet League||Republic War||Lakes-Quebec War|