This alternate history related article is a stub. Please add suggestions on the talk page.The oddly-named Parti Monarchical-Democratique is the second largest party in the Texan state of Nouvelle-Louisianne. The peculiar name is derived from the fact that it originated as a merger of two former parties, the Parti Monarchical and the Parti Democratique.
The current head of the party is Georges-Herman Dubois, first Unitary President of the Federation, and one time President from Nouvelle-Louisianne.
The PMD's major positions are
- Decentralization of the Federation
- Establishment of Marie II of Arkansas as Queen of Nouvelle-Louisianne
- Strengthening of social welfare programs
- Peaceful securing of border with Mexico
- Withdrawal from the North American Currency Union and re-establishment of Texan Peso (note: some factions advocate further monetary decentralization, proposing the establishment of state currencies)