This is basically a world where Piracy dominates, in various categories. The sea-piracy changes world politics, while media piracy changes media history.
- Piracy dominates both media and the seas.
- Copyright is abolished in many counties, and in the countries that do have it, it's either rarely enforced, decriminalized, a minor annoyance, the most common reason for prison time, or a misdemeanor.
- Netflix goes out of business due to massive piracy.
- The Video Store dies sooner, as does Redbox.
- Movie Theaters die out quickly.
- Anti-Piracy methods fail.
- Many companies have to survive by embracing piracy.
- Movie Companies buy out Piracy Sites, especially as a method of guerrilla warfare.
- The DMCA and Sonny Borro fail to pass.
- The Pirate Party dominates third-position politics, and wins the 2008 and 2012 elections, with the 2016 election likely to be another victory.
- Capitalism fails, leading to the Great Recession being even worse, leading to more piracy.
- Somalia is a world superpower because of piracy.
- SOPA and PIPA never get proposed.
- Piracy runs rampant throughout the world.
- Mickey is in the public domain.
- Many pieces of media never get made, due to piracy.
- YIFY, Napster, Torrentz, Torrenthound, KickassTorrents, the original IsoHunt, Supernova, Limewire, Popcorn Time, YTS, Megaupload, AllMyVideos, Demonoid, OiNK, wareztuga, the original Pirate Bay domain, and TorrentShack (just to name a few) stay up.
- The RIAA and MPAA cease to exist.
- People in Piracy are richer, while people in Media and Copyright are poorer.
- Denova has already been cracked.
|Company Name||Fate due to piracy|
|BBC||Survives (They're public. What do you expect?)|
|Disney||Bankrupt on February 12, 2000.|
|FOX||Owns the Pirate Bay|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.