The Ming Dynasty still rules over the vast lands of China. On the other side of the world, the Hundred Years War continues between England and France. Europe is still stuck in the old ways of feudalism and chivalry while the notions of a New World are considered figments of the imagination.
We welcome you to the long-awaited fourth expansion of that immortal series. Welcome to Principia Moderni IV! Starting in 1400 AD, this is the dawn of the modern world and the tail end of the Middle Ages. The Renaissance is just kicking off in Europe, while the nations in the western side of the continent are locked in the last gasp of the Hundred Years War. The Muslim world is still reeling from the invasions of Turks and Mongols, with the Caliphate resting in the collapsing Mameluke Egypt and the Ottomans on the rise in Anatolia. Make it count. The first game was the most successful on the wiki, leading all the way to the modern day with mostly plausible posts and little controversy. The second game reached almost to the modern day, but failed due to a plethora of ASB events and moderator bias. The third game was much more worthy of the first, almost running into implausibility but climbing back into a shining glory by the end. Riding on the latest reforms of map games since the end of PMIII, this is the most logical next step in that evolution. Remember, above all other rules. — have fun.
|Papal States||Baltic Federation||Scandinavia||Russia||Germany|
The Night's Watch (Moderators)
|15th century||16th century||17th century||18th century||19th century||20th century||21st century|
|Back to Game ● View ● Edit|
All users currently on the wiki may play unless otherwise noted.
A ban from plausibility strikes lasts 30 days, after which the third strike is repealed and the banned player is unbanned. However, the newly unbanned player rejoins the game with two strikes, as a form of probation.
- Bear - 1648
- No players have yet been temporarily banned
Three strikes and you're out! Each strike resets after 30 years of the most recent strike.
These are strikes for moderators and how they moderate. The same three strikes rules apply. If a moderator is banned from moderating, however, they can still play as their nation. Mod strikes can be delivered in one of three ways:
- If a sufficient number of players (more than one-half of all players voting) vote to give a moderator a strike.
- If I, Scraw, give them a strike.
- If a majority of all mods (i.e., more than one-half of the total number of mods, excluding that moderator) vote to give a moderator a strike.
Moderators can be given strikes for the following reasons:
- Exhibiting bias that would benefit the nation they are playing.
- Exhibiting bias that would negatively affect a player they have a personal dispute with.
- Making a ruling that contradicts a proven fact from OTL or an established fact from earlier in the game.
- Overruling a decision of a majority of moderators.
The Dust Bowl continues to ravage the great plains. Texans flee south and west to Aztláni California. Meanwhile, New Englanders flee east away from the desolation.
The United Kingdom presses its invasion of Uluru. A series of naval landings, in addition to the breakout from British Uluru, cause the Uluran Army difficulties in containing the forces of the United Kingdom. A major naval battle in the OTL Gulf of Carpentaria sees the remainder of the Uluran fleet severely damaged.
France begins construction of a series of strategic border defenses against Burgundy.
An organization in Belka calls for an end to the practice of impailment, as any advanced democracy should not stoop to such a low form of execution. They also demand more respect for human rights in general from the nation.
The constant state of war-readiness that Belka has maintained since the Great European War has led to a slowing economy, rising interest rates, and falling productivity. Economists within the nation estimate that the practice has cost Belka 10% economic growth since 1900.
- India: The private companies start working on their own in the railway sector. A number of Indian transit companies start setting up depots, maintenance hubs and factories with Swiss collaboration or independently. Newer train designs are being produced by the Indian companies suited to Indian conditions. The expansion of the railways continues. The expansion of the dockyards continues and leads to an increase in the production of ships, both for riverine and sea transport as water transport continues to grow especially on the Ganges-Brahmaputra system, Ganges Gulf and the Arabian Sea. The Agricultural mechanisation and modernisation plan that was started 14 years ago comes to an end with the completion of the auxiliary programs. The agricultural modernisation plan led to a huge increase in productivity, the amount of irrigated land has grown exponentially and similar trend has been observed in farmers' incomes. The Plan radically changed and modernised life in rural India. With higher incomes, availability of irrigation and fertilisers and larger farm sizes, the Indian farmers have become prosperous. The availability of irrigation has greatly reduced the dependence on rainfall for irrigation and has led to almost constant production of agricultural goods. Farming has now become profitable and with continued migration to the cities and the outside world, most areas have moved away from subsistence farming. Agricultural diversification continues with farmers moving into the allied branches such as horticulture, pisciculture, sericulture, animal rearing, etc. Food grains are exported to neighbouring nations. India has finally become a food surplus nation and famines are a thing of the past. Many of them are able to find jobs in the expanding industries and there is a movement of people westward to the heartland of the Indian textile industry. The population growth rate stands at 1.03% p.a. The internal migration continues with people resettling the underpopulated South. The expansion of education continues in the cities and rural areas under a uniform curriculum. Sanskrit, the de jure official language, is also taught in the schools alongside Hindi and the official state language. Cycles become massively popular and a large number of them are sold in the rural and urban areas, with most of these being produced domestically. The textile industry expands further, with a small amount being exported to neighbouring countries. The textile industry has established itself in the Gujarat-Sindh-Martahwad region and the Bengal-Magadh-Chittagong region. The textile industry continue its growth at a steady pace. Some companies start venturing into the chemical sector for the production of dyes and medicines. Companies have stared setting up factories for the production of rubber products and semi-synthetic fibres. Mechanisation spreads into the wool and silk textile industry. The woollen textile industry expands in Punjab and parts of the Rajputana state. The silk textile industry continues mechanisation in the Bengal region. The Indian industries have expanded significantly into the consumer goods sector and produces fast moving consumer goods. These are also exported to Brésil with a recent trade deal. This has driven up the demand. The Ganga-Brahmaputra Delta Plan continues with the construction of dykes and sea walls. A similar project has been planned for Kerala and will start in 1944. Radio is introduced for regular use in the army, navy and air force. The use of the radio also increases in the cities and outlying areas. Telegraph and telephone lines are expanded with a number of communication companies being established. Academic cooperation continues with Swahili, Britain and the Union. The Burgundian shipment of naval planes is received this year. The first Burgundian sponsored factory is set up and the first aircraft rolls out on 18 August of the year. The Indian Navy places an initial order of 100 naval bombers from these factories. The Indian Navy continues to set up its naval air arm using the planes imported from the Union and Burgundy. The Navy sets up forward bases in the Maldives, OTL British Indian Ocean Territory, Lakshadweep and the Andaman islands. These will be constructed into full fledged bases for the naval air arm and the air force. India continues to receive Brésilian planes and Brésilian tanks. A third armoured division is set up. The Indian Air Force starts expanding and sets up a new base in Chittagong. The Indian Civil Aviation industry continues to grow. With British research cooperation and engines, some Indian companies begin researching a small all-metal monoplane that can be used on makeshift airfields and that which could work properly in Indian weather conditions. The Navy is put on alert as tensions rise in the Indian Ocean Region.
- Indian Diplomacy to Britain: The Indian Ambassador lodges a strong protest against the War in Uluru.
- Indian Diplomacy to the Union: A brigade of volunteers led by Gandhi requests permission to enter the Colonial Republics and help repair the damage.
- Indian Diplomacy to Germany: We request licenses for the production of the MP34.
- Indian Diplomacy to Kashmir and Nepal: The Government of India requests the unification of the states of Kashmir and Nepal with India, citing a shared culture, language and majority religion and also the economic growth that India has witnessed in recent years. (Nepal: Nepal is culturally similar to Northern Bihar and UP. OTL Maithili and Nepali are mutually intelligible. ATL I prevented the split of the Bihari languages and merged them into one, so the Nepali also speak Magadhi. Moreover, Nepal was a part of Aryavarta and is also a Hindu state.) (Kashmir: Apart from other reasons, Kashmir has a chunk of Punjab. Kashmir was a part of the Delhi Raj (established in the 1520s) which then became Aryavarta. Punjab split off from Aryavarta in the 1600s but Aryavarta retained the Kashmir and Khyber-Pakhtunwa regions. Punjab was also a Hindu state. Aryavarta split completely in the 1700s and was ruled by a Hindu dynasty. Even if after the splitting of Aryavarta, Kashmir was ruled by a Muslim house, they simply wouldn't have had the power or resources to encourage conversion. So Kashmir is essentially Hindu and has been ruled by Hindus ever since the Delhi Raj in the 1520s. Also, Kashmir shares its culture with North India. The ATL Peshawar, Pushkalavati was a major city in Aryavarta.)
- German Dip: Sure.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: The economy continues rapid growth after the recovery from the great Depression. Agricultural mechanization is now spread to parts of the heartland and Somalia, where population density in rural areas has declined following urbanisation and the movement of farmers toward cities. Phase Three of the modernization plan continues. Industry in the interior of Swahili continues to grow. With the rising demand of Europe, Asia and Arcadia, the export industries of Swahili continue to increase. Light industries and textile industries continues growth. Scientific research and development continues booming. A living coelacanth is discovered off the coast of Swahili, which quickly became a biological marvel and sent for exhibit in the Imperial Aquarium in Zanzibar. After years of work, the Somalian desert is now lined by hundreds of small waterways, which are further reinforced and expanded by trees and plant material. Academic cooperation with India continues. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. The defensive line against the British and French in Aliwa and the New Territories are further developed. Production of anti-air, anti-tank guns and gas masks continues as defensive measures against the weapons of this new generation of warfare. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. The DADAR system is further improved for the specific demands of the Swahili navy. With the drastically lowered cost of radios, they are now issued en masse to the navy and the army. A prototype for an all metal monoplane is developed. The department of navy continues to investigate specialized destroyers. Swahili sends humanitarian aid to Uluru, especially to those affected by the British attack. Swahili offers to mediate a peace conference between Uluru and Britain.
- Swahili Diplomacy: We offer to sell seven battleships to other countries.
- Swahili Diplomacy to India: We wish to begin military cooperation and drills in the Indian Ocean, citing the rising tensions.
- Kingdom of Burgundy: The news of France fortifying the border with Burgundy causes many to perceive it as a provocation, a rejection of the possibility over negotiations over the rights of Burgundians in the French-annexed territories. King Rogier calls for calm, again extending a request to France to enter negotiations over the status of the Burgundian peoples in those territories. The introduction of new vehicles such as trucks, and the Vaillant 251 half-track, has allowed the Royal Army and Marines an increased level of motorization, as well as their first mechanized infantry units. Rupspanzer IV (OTL M4 Sherman) production increases, with manufacturing facilities opened in both Borealia and Guyana to equip the armies of the dominions. Modern self-propelled artillery enters the Royal Army, based on the Rupspanzer III chassis, the principal models being the 4” Houwitserwagen R7 (OTL M7 Priest), and the 6” Geschutzwagen R12 (OTL M12 GMC). Also on the Rupspanzer III chassis, the 3” Sturmgeschutz III (OTL T40 tank destroyer) enters service as the Army’s first dedicated tank destroyer. A series of RADEV towers are quietly built to allow the military to monitor the Kingdoms borders and coastline. The Arcadian Aviation Company continues development and refinement of their AA-73 prototype they test flew the previous year. The Guyana-based Kinnigräich airplane company test flies what becomes called the F-47 Donnerbout (OTL P-47 Thunderbolt). Following on from the successful flight of a jet-powered plane last year, Fokker test flies a design for a proper jet fighter, dubbed the XF-59 Koméit (OTL Bell P-59), though further testing and refinements will be required. Fokker also tests its latest helicopter design (OTL Fa 223 Drache). Meanwhile, Grumman flies an experimental aircraft, testing the feasibility of the flying wing (OTL Northrop N-1M). In February, the Navy concludes it internal report on the British attack on Boorloo, concluding that the Uluran Navy possessed vastly inadequate anti-aircraft artillery, both in quality and quantity. The navy begins undergoing war games to ascertain the effectiveness of Burgundian anti-aircraft capabilities. Nonetheless, the investigating reports classified portions recommend testing and distribution of the recently invented “verännerlech zäit zünder”, which initial testing with land-based guns show promising. Further testing at sea on the battleship Sint Sigismund also proves the devices potential. In December, after several tweak to the design, an initial order is placed an expected in 1941. Given the nature of the project, it is kept under maximum possible secrecy. The Navy launches the first diesel-electric submarine, nicknamed the “Elektroboot”. It is scheduled to undergo evaluations in 1941 before the Navy decides for or against ordering more.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The economy progresses as normal, with strong growth in the aerospace, industrial, and shipbuilding sectors, as well as a strong financial sector in Madrid. Herrero-Correia unveils a series of two armored vehicles based on a widened the HCM. 38/L chassis. The first vehicle, the HCM. 40/L B, a tank destroyer, which features the same drive train as the HCM. 38/L but possesses 75 mm of frontal armor at a 60 degree slope and a devastating 75 mm/50 anti-air cannon (7.5 cm Pak 39 but 150 mm longer) (A reversed (Flipped) and widened Hetzer with a slight up-gun). The other vehicle, the HCM. 40/L M., a true medium tank is equipped with a similar armor pattern and a 60 mm/60 intermediate anti-aircraft cannon. The two vehicles prove highly maneuverable and well armored, able to withstand frontal fire from many 75 mm cannons and even low velocity 90 mm guns. Their side and rear armor is, however, somewhat lacking at only 35 mm and 25 mm respectively. Fontes as releases a new half-track vehicle equipped with either four 60 mm infantry mortars or a 100 mm carriage mortar. Another update to the Sobremarinho Colerica L.12/34 is released, the Colerica Mark III which features a newly developed 20 mm autocannon for air use. The University of Barcelona finishes its heavy water reactor and demonstrates that the substance has large advantages over impure graphite. Meanwhile, the University of Sevilla continues its work in Morocco and abroad studying arid climates. Te universities efforts in southern Morocco show reasonable success in rolling back the sand, but as always the work is one of decades. Fruit production in the region does begin to show promise as dry-land fruit trees flourish in the sunny climate. DARAD systems are now available fleet-wide with plans to build more land-based versions in the works. A general security order is established that sees the construction of 12 large naval-air bases in Algeria, Sardinia, the Balearic Islands, Valencia, Catalonia, and Murcia, as well as a large naval base and air base complex near Cádiz. Overall population stands at 92.62 million after accounting for Indian migrants.
- República de las Antillas Ibéricas: The return of tourism begins to revive the struggling economies of the Antillas. Oil revenues prop up the entirety of the island chain and migration to Tobago from the northern islands drives large-scale development of the oil regions.
- Las Repúblicas Colonias: Overall the colonies prosper under peace and stable democratic governments. In Senegay, Guinea, and Makassar the governments begin petitions for more autonomy and independence. In order to ease their concerns and maintain some measure of Union presence another colonial convention is held and the Comunidade de Naciõnes Ibéricas a military and economic association within which citizens can travel and conduct business with very limited restrictions. With this community of nations established the Union begins the process of formally withdrawing from Senegay, Guinea and Makassar.
- Texas and New England both adopt radical agricultural policies to combat the drought and dust and the situation begins to improve; however, the economies of both states and other Arcadian nations suffer from high food prices and a small recession.
- Persian nationalists stage several attacks on oil production systems in French and Arabian held Persia. The groups, in a political alliance with the Persian Syndicalist Party, launch major strikes in both of these areas undermining French and Arabian power.
- A major corruption scandal rocks Belka’s military elite as it comes to light that a cadre of senior admirals hid the purchasing unhardened steel for the armor of Belka’s two most recent classes of battleships as a way to make money on the side. Belkan engineers estimate that fixing the ships will cost millions and take six months in drydock for each ship. (Also battleships of these classes will fight at -10 in the algo until fixed)
- The local governments of Maryland and Burgundian Guyana both move to secure full political, economic, and military independence from Burgundy. In Kuba the government faces protesters demanding the same.
- The government of Uluru collapses as the UK captures the major coastal population centers. Elements of the Uluran army begin an insurgency from the outback but cut off from supplies their ability to fight is quickly waning.
- Troops from Savannah finally breakthrough the defensive lines of the State of Ohio, despite assistance from New Grenada. The country fights on but the situation looks increasingly desperate.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The economy progresses as normal, with strong growth in the aerospace, industrial, and shipbuilding sectors, as well as a strong financial sector in Madrid. Herrero-Correia quickly converts its factories to the new HCM. 40/L B and HCM. 40/L combat vehicles, older model HCM. 38/Ls are stripped of parts for use in the production process and by end of the year a combined 200 units have been produced. Fontes continues production of its infantry fighting vehicles which are adopted in force by the Union Expeditionary Force and Union Berber Divisions. With nearly 2,000 units delivered in a variety of forms the Union now maintains a force of 200,000 highly motorized troops equipped with half-tracks, armored cars, infantry support vehicles, and motorized gun carriages. The Sobremarinho Colerica Mark III. enters production with orders for 200 units. The University of Barcelona continues its work on nuclear science, a new element, Zeusium (OTL Plutonium) is discovered as a synthetic result of the irradiation of uranium. Work also commences on the X-12 Heavy Isotopic Electromagnetic Separator, a facility to sort Uranium and other elements by isotope. Meanwhile, the University of Sevilla continues its work in Morocco and abroad studying arid climates. The university’s efforts in southern Morocco show reasonable success in rolling back the sand, but as always the work is one of decades. Fruit production in the region does begin to show promise as dry-land fruit trees flourish in the sunny climate. Overall population stands at 93.2 million after accounting for Indian migrants.
- República de las Antillas Ibéricas: The return of tourism begins to revive the struggling economies of the Antillas. Oil revenues prop up the entirety of the island chain and migration to Tobago from the northern islands drives large-scale development of the oil regions.
- La República Angola: The last true colonial republic, Angola continues its redevelopment after its war. Local factions are promised independence after true stability is reached.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: The economy continues rapid growth after the recovery from the great Depression. Agricultural mechanization is now spread to parts of the heartland and Somalia, where population density in rural areas has declined following urbanisation and the movement of farmers toward cities. Phase Three of the modernization plan continues. Industry in the interior of Swahili continues to grow. With the rising demand of Europe, Asia and Arcadia, the export industries of Swahili continue to increase. Light industries and textile industries continues growth. Scientific research and development continues booming. After years of work, the Somalian desert is now lined by hundreds of small waterways, which are further reinforced and expanded by trees and plant material. Academic cooperation with India continues. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. The defensive line against the British and French in Aliwa and the New Territories are further developed. Production of anti-air, anti-tank guns and gas masks continues as defensive measures against the weapons of this new generation of warfare. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. With the drastically lowered cost of radios, they are now issued en masse to the navy and the army. The Russom Tai enters production since last year (Naval Ki 43 equivalent) and is armed on aircraft carriers.
- Swahili Diplomacy to India: We wish to begin military cooperation and drills in the Indian Ocean, citing the rising tensions.
- United States of Germany: This year marks the year of another German boom in military technologies. In a regional weapons expo earlier in the year had introduced the MP41 (OTL MP40) and the G41 (OTL Gewehr 41). The G41 is Germany's first semi-auto rifle that is versatile enough for almost any terrain. The German government was impressed by this and ordered several thousand G41 and MP41s for military use. The German military also researched into the possibility of a well-equipped German heavy tank that could mount the 8.8 cm KwK 36 gun. Plans for a "Tiger I" are designed and the first prototypes are to be produced and tested by early next year.
- OOC question: What happened to the state of Ohio? I don't see them on the map.
- OOC answer: They are technically still in a state of rebellion, which doesn't make them eligible for the map.
- Imperial Democracy of Brésil: The population reaches 97,150,000 this year. Trade with Europe, specifically with the Belkan Federation, France, and United Kingdom has proved fruitful, allowing for the flourishing of consumer goods, industrial technologies, and cultural exchanges. The transition from an absolute monarchy to a democratic republic is made this year. Politicians are elected in the first quarter of the year. In terms of politics, the set up of the new government is enlaced in the constitution, and as such, is built on a mix between the previous government, parts of Plato's Republic, and the Belkan Federation's constitution. The position of Munarka (Monarch) is abolished, and power is divided between the Kancelierogang (Chancellor) and Diäsidentō (President), as well as the respective branches: Exeplinuán (Executive; Cabinet) and Parlamentìhuì (Parliamentary). The Parlamentìhuì held 600 empty seats before it was filled accordingly under a six-party system, with the Frendeto dί Persemenom (People's Front) [76 seats], the Liberéyóu (Liberty) [144 seats], the Régǎme dί Natoanizt (Nathanist Reform) [43 seats], the Aliángén dί Demokratίzǔ (Democratic Alliance) [198 seats], Fàxŝime (Fascist) [91 seats], and the Prùgrìsemik (Progressive) [48 seats] parties taking hold of the Parlamentìhuì. Since the Aliángén dί Demokratίzǔ holds a majority of the seats and is partnered in policy with the Frendeto dί Persemenom and the Prùgrìsemik, a set of major public projects are initiated, with the most substantial being the Agoteríeom dί Sècuìl Sébufálité (OTL Social Security Agency; SSA). Elections for the positions of Kancelierogang and the Diäsidentō take place every five years, while the positions for the Parlamentìhuì is done every three years. Due to the various regional language dialects that exist in Brésil, the most widely spoken and accepted language, a dialect of French known as Fǔrétìhuì, becomes the "official" language and is taught in schools and universities. Most of new literature published is written in Fǔrétìhuì, and a complete overhaul of all literature publications are translated and revised accordingly. The first updated versions of the dictionary are properly distributed. Due to the large number of ethnicities that exist in Brésil, a push for segregation in the state is made by high-office politicians, and soon enough, specific school districts and universities begin showing major racial discrimination against specific ethnicities based on the majority ethnic makeup in a region. Along the coastline, White French peoples begin discrimination against ethnic Asians, while in the mainland, Ibenuĝens (Native Brésilians mixed with Iberians) show large persecution against ethnic Germans and ethnic Peruvian natives. The Verdier-Honásik Keorpynateur (OTL Atanasoff–Berry Computer: ABC) is developed, but remains primarily unknown to the general public. Much of the military from the previous government remains relatively the same.
Racial problems in Northern Africa and heavily ethnically diverse nations reach a breaking point when a group of presumed Iberian men dressed in all black attack a native Moroccan neighborhood and promtly begin burning down the houses as well as using methods of terror against the native peoples. The terrorists are not successfully captured or arrested, bringing about anger from the natives and a certain attitude of superiority from the ethnic Iberians, furthering the divide between both groups of people.
After collapsing the Uluru government, the British regiments in the continent begin facing large rebellions and unrest among the occupied native population. Although major control is established through most of the continent, the ability to maintain it becomes near-impossible as the population outnumbers the British soldiers by a large margin.
The dust bowl continues to affect the states in Arcadia.
The Mapuche proclaim the Burgundian colony to its east a part of its central government, claiming the territory as an extension of itself.
The war between Savannah and Ohio continues, with a larger loss of civilian life as the war drags on.
- Démokretί Impérihan dί Brésil: The population reaches 98,790,000 this year. Trade with Europe, specifically with the Belkan Federation, France, and United Kingdom has proved fruitful, allowing for the flourishing of consumer goods, industrial technologies, and cultural exchanges. The Kancelierogang, Ludoviko Bunidakto, begins a nationwide tour to better promote the changed government and to develop a cult of personality. Catholicism and Nathanist Christianity begins to decline in favor of Bueĵocivίanism (Form of OTL Evangelicalism), a more spiritual doctrine of Christianity. It becomes widely popular due to its focus on salvation, as well as its movement toward more progressive ideas. The Diäsidentō, Klaŭdio Petrovik, begins investing more funds into public works and social programs. The program of Agoteríeom dί Sècuìl Sébufálité (OTL Social Security Agency; SSA) continues to be enacted. The Associative States of Peru and Argentine are officially established, becoming the Rupǎbliké dί Péru and the Rupǎbliké dί Argentine. A referendum for annexation is expected to be voted upon in 1949. Music in the form of jaĵaezo (OTL Jazz) and gaíslo (OTL Country [Music]) spreads rapidly and becomes the largest genres played across the nation. The Mikrowelopa (OTL Microwave) is patented. A team of scientists, most notably Enrico Fermi, continue experimentation with nuclear energy. As a result, the second nuclear reactor is created and opened in Curitiba.
- The Associative States of Argentine and Peru: In Argentine and Peru resistance groups against Brésilian domination and subjugation form and spread like wild fire, inspired by the Free Alaskan Republic, demanding full independence from Brésil and strongly urging the populace to vote against the referendum of annexation, some more radical groups taking up arms against the Brésilian state via guerrilla warfare, targetting key military positions and depots. Developments are made in all aspects of life, with advances in medicine being forefront in Argentine-Peruvian advancements, as well as a rail initiative to connect New Vichy and Lima together. Salt peter and silver continue to be mined as valuable minerals, bringing great wealth to the Associative States, with many of the funds being invested into scientific pursuits to further the well being of the populace.
- Free Alaskan Republic: With imperialist forces creeping closer and closer to the borders of Alaska, president Dzhugashvili grows ever more paranoid. The current government under prime minister Karakov seeks to secure the Arcadian continent from southern invasion. The army receives an intensive training with a focus on guerrilla warfare and rough terrain like dense forests. SECRET The high command has drawn plans on installing an Alaska friendly government in the form of a protectorate in the remnants of the Federal Republic of Arcadia. Both an invasion and a diplomatic alliance are considered an option END SECRET. Mining is given a larger priority as an industrial sector, where the councils are now more derigated by the state rather than the original trade unions. IN the heavy industry there is given more power to the respective labour unions in order to be flexible in production and planning. Many steel factories are build along the north-south connection from the Chukchi oblast to the oblast of Novokavkaz in the south. An extension of the railway is planned to the Yekaterin oblast to the east. The Laocracy in Alaska is promoted secretly in Aztlán's anti-fascist circles and socialist trade unions, which are funded to work as underground affiliations against the current government. As a means of both collecting experience and to help the republicans of Arcadia, 500 volunteers offer to fight in Savannah against the illegitmate State of Ohio, if their government permits it. (MOD RESPONSE, PLEASE). A book by the prime minister Nestor Karakow is published this year, in which he theorizes out a stateless, collective society on the bases of Marsianist theory. While the president criticizes the book as a sidenote in a speech, the book is also published in Russia at the same time. Karakov demanded, that it remains uncensored. The book is known as the "Karakovina", the rather libertarian interpretation of the synthesis between Marsianism and syndicalism that Dzhugashvili originally drew. Labour camps are dismissed as inhumane, while the revolutionary approach on reaching political goals stays the same.
- Aztlán Diplomacy: the Aztlán Empire demands Alaska cease and desist all military movements and anti-Aztlán operations. If you cease and desist, agree to leave the Arcadian remnants alone, and engage in friendly diplomatic relations with us, we will leave you alone and even invest in your nation as we do not wish to eradicate the Alaskan nation. If you refuse this offer of friendship then action shall be taken.
- Alaskan Diplomacy: The Alaskan diplomats respond to the Aztláni accusations for an Alaskan plan of invasion, that there is no evidence for these claims. The support of revolutionary trade-unions will be stopped for a larger series of investment. Though that there are large differences politically, Alaska is in favor of good relations.
- Aztlán Response: We are very pleased with the wise decision of the Alaskan Government to cease hostile activities and engage in open and friendly relations with the empire.
- Vinlandian Diplomacy: If any harm is done to Alaska, Vinland and her allies will intervene. We wish to maintain friendly ties with Aztlán.
- Aztlán Response: Who are these allies you speak of? Give me names.
- Aztlán Empire: a new year shines down on the glorious empire. The large Arcadian population that is now under the Aztlán flag are all granted naturalized citizenship and equal rights to Aztláns in the core provinces. We reorganize the territory carve dust out of the Technate of Arcadia into new imperial province, these new subdivisions are named: Zionia, an autonomous provinces for the Jewish population in New Canuun (which Zionia has replaced), Kalifonyia (which includes Oregon) and Baja are combined into one entity called “Gran Californio”, the areas of OTL Arizona and New Mexico become the the parish of Montezuma, named after the historical leader of the ancient Aztec Empire, OTL Nevada becomes Deseret, the Russian minority populated areas are organized into the Russian Salinas Autonomous Province. The fascist Regime remains strong and in high support amongst the population. We continue to build up our naval forces by mass producing submarines and warships. Our air services are also developed and mass production of bombers and close air support planes get into motion. Naval bases are constructed in the Bay Area. New Constantinople is renamed to Nuevo Lucentum, a call back to the ancient city of the Mzerkan civilization. The promotion of the azlatan identity as a national identity instead of an ethnic one is promoted so as to better incorporate the newly acquired territories which are known as in Aztlán proper as the “outer territories”. Reconstruction efforts continue in the areas of the former technate with propaganda promoting a united effort from the local populace in rebuilding a new society from the ruble. Military bases are constructed in Yucatán and Chiapas provinces and Forts along the southern border are constructed. Military bases are constructed in the Deseret and Montezuma regions. The fascist government continues to promote a sort of Aztec revival, as it declares the current empire to be the legal successor of the Aztec Empire long ago. Architecture is constructed in a style similar to old Aztec buildings with obvious fascist elements in it. Aztlán settlers move in mass to the parishes of Montezuma and Gran Californio, due partially by government promotion but also by the choice of the citizens who are looking for new opportunities. We increase trade with European and Asian powers like China, Belka, and France, but not by much as we attempt and become more export base and self-reliant. A large movement is launched in Gran Californio to revive the ancient culture of the Mzerka and to embrace the region’s ancient past. This is contrary to the Arcadian state who painted a picture of this past being “oppressive”. The Texans fleeing the dust bowl are welcomed into the country with open arms and are all given temporary refugee status, but if they keep this depends if they intend to stay in Gran Californio for the near future or intend to go back to Texas once the dust bowl passes. The economy of the outer territories begin the transition process of being integrated into the Aztláni nation economy. A nation project is launched this year called the “autopista imperial” or “Imperial Motorway”, also known for short as the autopista, which is a national project that aims to link the nation together with a national highway system, this includes the outer provinces. Aztlán declares support for the Ohio State and begins sending weapons En Masse via the black market and Texas. The Imperial Directorate of Interior Affairs (Dirección Imperial de Interior (DII)), the empire’s secret police but officially classified as a counterintelligence and counter terrorist agency, full establishes a presence in the outermost provinces and gets its operations there online, numerous suspected anti-government individuals and suspected terrorists, and round up anyone who worked for the previous Arcadian government, no matter how minor the position. Numerous others individuals are blacklisted by DII but are not arrested and are instead put under surveillance.
- United States of Germany: Germany starts off the year with further improvements on Firearm technologies thanks to remnants of its technocratic and "big risk, big progress" policies. Prototypes for a new schematic called the MP1943 (OTL more commonly as StG44, obviously) was first designed and planned to be purchased by the German military by 1943, hence MP-1943 or MP43. The MG1942 (OTL MG42) also started production but, being more expensive than its predecessors, its rate of production is quite low. The German navy and air force also goes through efforts to be updated to the latest technologies, with many being put under review, and will not be completed for several years. Germany also expresses interest in reorganizing organizations dedicated to rebuilding post-war nations (due to rising conflicts) and pushing forth on creating an economic cooperation intergovernmental organization as it was put forth earlier. The German population (including colonies) has pushed passed 105 million, an increase of almost ten million since 1936. This is the peak of birth rates as it starts to slowly decline in major cities due to signs of overpopulation, possibly leading to massive emigration to the countrysides and colonies. (More - possibly soon).
- Empire Of Uluru: With the collapse of the Ulurun government and the defeat of its armies in the field, Britain begins its occupation of the Empire, establishing control over most of the continent by the end of the year. However, they fail to capture the royal family, which is able to successfully flee the capital before its fall to British forces and establish a government in exile, Which seeks to take refuge in China-Korea, our ally, who the Emperor also requests aid from (CHINA RESPONSE NEEDED)and they serve as a rallying point for the resentful population. We also seek aid from our allies in the former GIOCPS, India, Arabia, and Swahili, also pointing out that if we fall, it is likely that Britain will begin looking to conquer them next, in revenge for their previous loses to them, much as they are now doing to us. (Arabia, Swahili, and India response needed!) This, and the fact that many surviving Ulurun soldiers were able to hide themselves and blend in among the majority of the population, leads to the beginning of a new stage of guerrilla warfare against British forces, with rebels managing to take control over much of the countryside, especially in central Anangu, well the British continue to maintain their hold over the major urban centers. As part of this, many forces, before retreating in the initial occupation, intentionally sabotage infrastructure, factories, and railways that could potentially be of use to the British forces in order to deny them their use and make their occupation more difficult, a fact that also makes it much harder for Britain to supply its men occupying the continent and serves to demoralize them further. (More to come)
- Sino–Korean diplomacy: China–Korea agrees to assume custody of the Ulurun Emperor and the imperial household. Meanwhile, China–Korea also supports Ulurun resistance through exporting arms.
- Vinland: The 1942 Census puts the population at 12.1 million people and the army is further expanded to 550,000 soldiers. With the Helsinki agreements signed with Scandinavia, we withdraw from our part of Iceland and sends the Iceland garrison to Bear Island and Jan Majen instead. Meanwhile, to help New England rebuild,we send a team of infrastructure experts to help them with railroads, etc. The VN St Olof battleship is decommissioned but is decided to be preserved as a museum ship in the capital. To replace the ship the navy is allocated additional funds to raw out design for a new battleship and a secret another ship only knows as Grönköping.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: A political revolution begins to sweep the Union as a party, the Corporatists Union elect a new and highly charismatic leader, Benito Chavez. A veteran of the World War, Chavez calls for social and economic reform to organize what he calls a “fractured society.” His rise to popularity is most made possible by a serious scandal in the Technocratic Union Party implicating most of the party leadership and many ministers of parliament. The collapse of this party creates a power vacuum, filled by a strengthened Socialist Unionist Party, the Corporatists Union, and a small Integralist Party. The Integralist Party, led by Xavier Secada, represents a far-right group of discontents which seek to integrate and keep the Union’s colonies. The Moroccan Government takes strong action to curb the spread of violence. 10,000 military police officials comprised of mixed units are used to garrison major plazas, squares and neighborhoods across Morocco. In Algeria, a similar arrangement is introduced but with fewer troops and more emphasis on protecting Algerian population centers. A police unit from a newly established Union Investigation Agency, the group is tasked with combating violent extremism in Maghreb, as well as fighting inter-state crime in the Union. Fortunately, the relative similarity of Iberian and Maghrebi appearance and similar norms of conservative dress prevent indiscriminate attacks by either sides for fear of attacking the wrong people. With the introduction of the Corporatist economic policies the economy undergoes a period of shake-up. Many industries find themselves with fewer friends in government, while other large companies are forced to spin-off side industries. Herrero-Correia is split into Herrero Automobile and Correia Industrial, with Correia maintaining the armored vehicle production lines. Fontes sees its heavy industry sector broken off, and its armored vehicle production rolled into Madrid Armorworks. The new companies are given a tax-break for the year to aid them in stabilization, and although growth slows this year economists predict stronger future growth. The University of Barcelona continues its work on nuclear science, with the completion of the X-12 Heavy Isotopic Electromagnetic Separator the production of isotope specific Uranium commences, but it proves to be expensive and inefficient. The University proposed the construction of a Gaseous Diffusion Isotopic Separator. The project receives approval from the new government, and the X-13 Heavy Isotopic Gaseous Diffusion Separator begins construction in Bilbao. Meanwhile the University of Sevilla continues its work in Morocco and abroad studying arid climates. The university’s efforts in southern Morocco show reasonable success in rolling back the sand, but as always the work is one of decades. Fruit production in the region does begin to show promise as dry-land fruit trees flourish in the sunny climate. Overall population stands at 93.79 million. The Union formally withdraws from the former colonial republics of Senegay, Guinea, and Makassar leaving the Comunidade de Naciõnes Ibéricas and a shared currency as institutional links to the three new nations.
- República de las Antillas Ibéricas: The development of large port facilities in the south of the Antillas leads to a growing tourism industry which relies on first passenger ships and then mid-sized airplanes to transport tourists across the islands. Oil revenues prop up the entirety of the island chain and migration to Tobago from the northern islands drives large-scale development of the oil regions.
- La República Angola: The last true colonial republic, Angola continues its redevelopment after its war. Local factions are promised independence after true stability is reached.
- Kingdom of Burgundy: The commercial airline industry continues its rapid expansion, with Douglas introducing the DC-4, with the first commercial plane capable of making regular trans-Atlantic flights. The Burgundian Royal Air Force begins evaluations of new jet fighters, including a proposal from Fokker dubbed the Vallende Ster, and one from Douglas called the Spook. Meanwhile, older F-40 and F-39 piston fighters begin being phased out to secondary roles in favor of the F-51 Hengscht and F-47 Donnerbout, for now produced mainly in their native Borealia and Guyana respectively until Burgundian factories in the homeland begin licensed manufacturing. Fokker meanwhile test flies a new heavy bomber, what it calls the Superfestung. For the army, the design of the widespread M1 Karabiner is modified to compensate for its rounds weaker punching power compared to the army’s standard M1936 semi-automatic rifle. The new design feature a selector lever, allowing a soldier to choose between semiautomatic and automatic fire. For the navy, the new carrier SMS Dreadnought is launched as the first of its class. Tests on the “Elektroboot” prove promising, and the navy authorizes the construction of a class of the type. Production of the “verännerlech zäit zünder” continues, with distribution beginning to the army for their own artillery as well. Representatives from the Kingdom of Burgundy as well as Patagonië return to Mapuche reminding them of past agreements between the two governments recognizing the border between them.
In Persia, the French colonial government quickly exits the region as Persian nationalists begin terrorising the region. However, the French colonial government continues to hold a large monopoly on oil in the area.
The Savannah-Ohioan War finally comes to a close as the rebel state collapses, although it should be noted that much of the rebellious attitude still exists in the surrounding states.
The racial divide between ethnic Maghrebian Africans and ethnic Europeans continues to boil, as more racially-targeting attacks are carried out and more institutions begin segregating students. One specific crisis occurs when a Union garrison accidentally fires upon a crowd of Maghrebians in Casablanca, killing seven and injuring 15.
The Burgundian colony in southern Laurentia openly “joins” the Mapuche, despite conferences between the Burgundian government and the Mapuche. Although the Mapuche doesn't condemn this, they don't celebrate this as much as the population does.
Arabia and India openly respond to the UK’s invasion, condemning it and pushing the message that the British “should stop”. Regardless, some volunteer soldiers number 10,000 are sent, as well as weapons and equipment.
Human rights organizations become more prominent worldwide, with a set of codes being circulated across mass media about ethics and morals toward warfare and what should and shouldn't be allowed.
- Démokretί Impérihan dί Brésil: The population reaches 99,000,000 this year. Trade with Europe, specifically with the Belkan Federation, France, and United Kingdom has proved fruitful, allowing for the flourishing of consumer goods, industrial technologies, and cultural exchanges. The Kancelierogang, Ludoviko Bunidakto, begins a nationwide tour to better promote the changed government and to develop a cult of personality. Catholicism and Nathanist Christianity begins to decline in favor of Bueĵocivίanism (Form of OTL Evangelicalism), a more spiritual doctrine of Christianity. It becomes widely popular due to its focus on salvation, as well as its movement toward more progressive ideas. The Diäsidentō, Klaŭdio Petrovik, begins investing more funds into public works and social programs. The program of Agoteríeom dί Sècuìl Sébufálité (OTL Social Security Agency; SSA) continues to be enacted. Music in the form of jaĵaezo (OTL Jazz) and gaíslo (OTL Country [Music]) spreads rapidly and becomes the largest genres played across the nation. A team of scientists, most notably Enrico Fermi, continue experimentation with nuclear energy. Many of the pioneers, including Mihkelo Thibeaux "T-Bone" Vallotton and Georges Berry, become very popular across the nation. The Brésilian government openly condemns the Burgundian persistence on the continent, and pro-Brésilian separatists are sent into Venezuela, as well as a decent supply of munitions and weapons to further add to the fuel. In terms of mathematics, the idea of Game Theory is worked upon.
- Scandinavian Empire: The Helsinki Agreement was signed by us, Vinland, and New England. Vinlandish troops retreated from Iceland, as per the agreement. We have a feeling that a second World War will pop up somewhere near us. New England and us have formed an alliance and we are a member of Intermarium, so we should be safe.
- New England: With the help from the Helsinki Agreement the New English infrastructure increased greatly and with more factory workers a Labour Party was form with Richard Attlee as presidential candidate for the 1944 election.
- Free Alaskan Republic: As the Savannan civil war comes to a close, the republican forces are provided with more aid, both in manpower and supplies. Advertisements aimed at the Russian speaking minority in the Aztlán Empire are published, promoting the immigration to either Alaska or the Technate of Arcadia (MOD RESPONSE ON THE EFFECT). The work for the modernization of the infrastructure continues, with many roads being build between the oblasts. The Union for Road- and Railwayworkers becomes the second largest, after the Union of Miners and Oil drillers. Both become massively important to the economic plans of the nation, gaining more and more representatives in the Commoner Vanguard Party. Most of them follow the course of Dzhugashvili, while the Karakovists are centered around the party's intellectuals. The candidate for the upcoming New England elections, Richard Attlee, gains approval from the Alaskan leadership. He states in an essay called "The current situation in Arcadia 1942", an analysis on the Dustbowl, Aztláni imperialism and the Savannan civil war: "It is necessary, both for the proletarian and the labor aristocrats of New England, to support the Labor Parties and unions of their fatherland. In the same manner, the party must study the Marsianist principles, analyze the current situation of their nation and ask questions, that are directly linked to the actuality of their situation. The Alaskan approach for a worker's state shall be the foundation, but by no means it can replace the complete work for socialism in other Arcadian states." SECRET Revolutionary trade unions in the Aztlán Empire continue to be funded by the Alaskan government, they are provided with money, ideological works and informants in order to be able to fund revolutionary militias and organize soldiers and workers against fascist oppression. Similarly, efforts to undermine the remnants of the Arcadian state are made, with propaganda for pro-alaskan opinions and support for Arcadia as a protectorate END SECRET. Contact is made to Argentinian and Peruvian separatist groups, complimenting their anti-imperialist motives. It is promised, that, in the case of a declaration of independence, they will be recognized by Alaska and its allies. Feeling honored by them to be their role model, the government provides the separatists with Laocratic books and theoretical works by leading Alaskan politicians, if needed (ARGENTINA/PERU RESPONSE, PLEASE). Yazhayezo music (OTL Jazz) becomes increasingly popular among young Alaskans, while the government is rather critical about this new movement.
- Mod: Some Russians immigrate, but due to the authoritarian control of mass media in Aztlán, the message doesn't reach the majority Russian cities.
- Vinland: The Vinlandian government asks Germany to build two new battleships and the possible building of an aircraft carrier (GERMANY RESPONSE NEEDED). Moreover the air force initiates a massive modernization program with over 200 of the 900 fighters being retired and replaced by the Saint Goran class (OTL Hawker tempest). The 1943 legislative elections are postponed until 1944 due to the rising tensions around the world.
- German Dip: Of course. We will be done by 1946. But we'll be allowed access to build infrastructure, mainly factories and mines, on your land. We are particularly interested in rumors of more iron deposits there. We will hand land back to you a year after we are done, so 1947.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The Corporatists Union under Benito Chavez turns his eyes to Morocco and Algeria where the divisions in society are most apparent. Local chapters of the party are built, at the same time, the government begins propagating civic-nationalist propaganda. The propaganda targets so-called “anti-unionist elements” on both sides, which attempt to fracture the social fabric of the country. The state governments of Morocco and Algeria, face snap elections following the increasing violence. Unable to secure a majority the four major parties in both countries are the Corporatist Unionists, the Iberian Integralist Party, the Maghrebi People’s Party, and the Socialist Unionist Party. Unwilling to compromise, the Iberian Integralists and Maghrebi People’s Party refuse all coalition offers. The socialists and corporatists, sworn enemies, find themselves unable to form a coalition. The lack of leadership and the growing problem of racial tensions forces the Union government to intervene. The Corporatist government intervenes to desegregate schools, deploying the Guardia Nacional to prevent violent attacks on the schools. The AIU deploys more forces and are successful in preventing several violent incidents. The trust busting continues, creating dozens of mid-sized companies across the Union all competing for greater market share. The result of this policy is falling prices for food, fuel, and other materials, with small corporate profits. Correia continues production of the HCM. 40/L M. Madrid Armorworks further develops its half-track platform to allow for a 105 mm recoilless rifle system. Meanwhile, Sandoval releases its Sandoval Model 1943 Selector Rifle (OTL Beretta BM 59). The gun features full and semi-automatic on a platform much like the old Sandoval M17A SAR. It is approved for service and enters production by the end of the year. Sobremarinho releases a new plane, the Rancoroso Mk I (OTL Supermarine Spiteful/Seafang). The new plane features a similar body to the older Colerica but has a new wing design, contra-rotating propellers, and is more heavily armed. A small company, Reavion, comrpised of scientists from the University of Santiago begin producing and developing jet engines for use in aircraft development. Their work, inspired in part by Burgundy's efforts produce the turbojet driven Reavion Meteoro (Gloster Meteor). The company, keen to improve the efficiency of jet engine technoloy invests heavily in developing more sustainable engines for medium speed travel, focusing on the principle of the turbo-fan. The University of Barcelona continues its work on nuclear science, with the completion of the X-12 Heavy Isotopic Electromagnetic Separator the production of isotope specific Uranium commences. The X-13 Heavy Isotopic Gaseous Diffusion Separator finishes construction in Bilbao and is used to great effect to produce moderately enriched uranium. Meanwhile the University of Sevilla continues its work in Morocco and abroad studying arid climates. The university’s efforts in southern Morocco show reasonable success in rolling back the sand, but as always the work is one of decades. Fruit production in the region does begin to show promise as dry-land fruit trees flourish in the sunny climate. Overall population stands at 94.38 million.
- República de las Antillas Ibéricas: The development of large port facilities in the south of the Antillas leads to a growing tourism industry which relies on first passenger ships and then mid-sized airplanes to transport tourists across the islands. Oil revenues prop up the entirety of the island chain and migration to Tobago from the northern islands drives large-scale development of the oil regions.
- Kingdom of Burgundy: it is found the statement of Patagonië “joining” Mapuche to be a misattributed quote, and the European-majority Dominion of Patagonië is still separate from the native-majority Mapuche, who they share no cultural, linguistic, religious, or historical connection to. Believing the recent events in Patagonië to be the result of seditionists, Burgundy decides to earmark a shipment of modern tanks and guns to the Dominion army of Patagonië. A cruiser squadron of the Royal Navy is also stationed at the Bonapaartstadt naval base until the Guyanese Royal Navy is large enough to take over duties there. In regards to the Brésilian condemnation of Burgundys “persistence” in Laurentia, it is stated Burgundys presence is in support and cooperation of Guyana and Patagonië, themselves self-governing dominions, who, as signatories of the statute of Brussels, have legislative independence on domestic and trade policy. The Royal Navy sends the new carriers Dreadnought and Emmen on a deployment to the Caribbean, with the cruiser Scheer as part of their escort. While on their deployment, they’re to assist the Kuban, Jaymaikan, and Marylander Navies In patrolling their territorial waters. They are joined by the new battleship SMS Lëtzebuerg, while her sister Kinnigin Viktoria sails to Burgundy to take her place as the new flagship of the High Seas Fleet. The first ships of the new Revanche-class heavy cruisers and the Chaumont-class light cruisers also join the fleet. Several aircraft companies test jet fighters this year, with Fokkers F-80 Vallende Ster accepted for service with the air force, while the Douglas FH Spook is ordered for tests with the navy. Grumman meanwhile tests a revolutionary flying wing design with the XF-79 fighter (actually the OTL Ho 229), alongside the piston engine-powered XB-35 heavy bomber. In the Army, the Rupspanzer IV Ausf. 3 (M4A3 (76)) is introduced as the latest version of the venerable Rupspanzer IV design. Th design proves so adaptable that mass production of the Rupspanzer V (OTL T23 medium) is decided against after a limited number having been made. The Rupspanzer VI Elisabeth heavy tank (OTL M26 Pershing) also makes its debut in the Royal Army. The designs of the Rupspanzer IV Ausf. 3 and Rupspanzer VI are sent to Borealia, Maryland, and Guyana to allow local production for the dominion armies.
- Belkan Federation: The corruption scandal that rocked the admiralty a few years ago finally reaches its zenith as finally with all the evidence clear prosecutions are brought toward nearly four admirals and 18 captains and numerous other lesser officers and Junior Officers having covered leaving a noticeable hole in the Belkan Admiralty and its officer corps. This forces a radical change in training policy toward the more trustworthy and noncorrupt hoping to bring together at least a few new officers together to work toward to future of Naval warfare. The Belkan army sees one of its first drawbacks in army strength in awhile going from nearly 1.5 million troops to nearly 500,000 looking to alleviate budgetry costs and instead of massive early preparation new techniques to mobilize and draw up troop strength is figured out consequently leaving the Belkan army the smallest it has been since just after the Great War. The Economy no long groaning under the weight of a massive armament program for over a million men does see some rebound as normal factory jobs are returned. The Belkan plan to continue withdrawing from colonies is honored as it leaves many buisinesses under semi joint ownership or on some decent terms with some of the natives as the nearly 20-year pullout begin. This change in pace and restructuring to withdraw Belkan influence back to the motherland stems very noticeably from many facts that it seems to be growing increasingly expensive to maintain overseas colonies with noted financial burdens easing every time another colony is given self government. The Ships that were part of the scandal are begrudgingly refitted with the correct quality steel. The government prepares for its next wave of elections coming in 1944 and campaigning starts with the more isolationist and "withdrawal" party gaining an obvious lead as elections start to spool up. The Belkan aerial forces begin testing newer aircraft and make order to keep the Belkan fighter complement somewhere in the realm of 1,500 to 2,000 with good scaleability as well as nearly 1,000 Close Air support aircraft and 1,000 Tactical/Strategic bombers. The Tank Corps adopt its first true medium tank the T-43 tank expertly built and given a gun which can penetrate most modern armor from medium and light tank (and certain spots on Heavy tanks). The Belkan synthetic rubber industry begins to take off as it is gathered that more effective tires and other rubber tools can be made out of the synthetic rubber rather than the raw rubber to be processed. Belka sends out diplomats to many major powers offering to discuss the Panama Canal Zone and turning it into an international zone for free trade etc...
- German Dip: This is beneficial to the global economy. We are open to discussing.
- The Uniõ de Cádiz agrees to attend.
- Brésil attends as well, mainly due to the idea having been proposed by the state years prior.
- Burgundian Dip: Burgundian representatives agree to attend.
- Sino-Korean diplomacy: China-Korea agrees to attend.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: The economy continues rapid growth after the recovery from the great Depression. Agricultural mechanization is now spread to parts of the heartland and Somalia, where population density in rural areas has declined following urbanisation and the movement of farmers toward cities. Phase Three of the modernization plan continues. Industry in the interior of Swahili continues to grow. With the rising demand of Europe, Asia and Arcadia, the export industries of Swahili continue to increase. Light industries and textile industries continues growth. Scientific research and development continues booming. After years of work, the Somalian desert is now lined by hundreds of small waterways, which are further reinforced and expanded by trees and plant material. Academic cooperation with India continues. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity.Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. With the drastically lowered cost of radios, they are now issued en masse to the navy and the army. In the Royal African School, a group of African scholars publish the Pan-African Manifesto in response to the rising tensions in Maghreb. Publications are banned in fear of increasing tensions with European States, although underground copies are quickly spread through Swahili and across the continent. The Sphere Research Institute begins work into nuclear science after the discovery of a large uranium deposit in Shinkolobwe.The Russom Tai continues production, while a land based fighter, the Atiena Kozi (Mitsubushi A6M Zero equivalent) is developed and enters production. With the call from support from Uluru, military support is sent to underground resistance while Swahili veterans are allowed (and encouraged) to join the Arabian-Indian volunteers. On the international stage, Swahili petitions, along with Arabia and India, against the British aggression upon Uluru.
- Uluru Diplomacy: Swahili offers to sell the exiled navy of Uluru a base in the GIOCPS and several cruisers and destroyers on a loan from a collection of Swahili banks to the royal family of Uluru.
- China–Korea: Hong Sirong dies a year into his fourth term of office. As a result, his Deputy Minister Li Fengzhu (known also by his Korea name Lee Bongju) ascends to power. Espousing more radical beliefs in both domestic and foreign policy, he implements a series of programs encouraging female participation in the work-force, while further enforcing the observance of worker's rights and expanding on the already pre-existing welfare base. In addition, government control over "key sectors" such as banking, energy and mining, public transport, steel, and arms is guaranteed. He modifies taxation laws so reduce strain on the lower tax brackets. He also attacks large corporations in radio, though his anti-corporate bills receive little support, while his attempted imposition of them as decrees are overridden by the Grand Secretariat. As a result, he reluctantly pursues a more moderate policy of permitting large monopolies (particularly the "Qianzu") in the secondary and mining sectors, while the agricultural and tertiary sectors remain under the control of small-to-medium-sized businesses. China–Korea continues to export textiles, synthetic dyes, and commercial ships, while also exporting appliances, pharmaceuticals, and steel to its Asian trading partners. However, the aviation industry (however, using machine parts often imported from foreign sources) is also developed and receives substantial government subsidies. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Greater East Asia (which manages the foreign affairs of China–Korea's protectorates) no longer controls the East Asia Development Board (which oversees regional economic affairs) as a constituent body. Instead, it is under the joint control of the nine members states of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, with China-Korea being promoted as "first among equals". Meanwhile, the Office of the Northern Frontier is reduced to the Office of the Three Cities (of Ulaangom, Sükhbaatar, and Choibalsan), with the goal shifting from the closing of the Manchurian to the Mongolian frontier. The Office of the Northeast Territories is dissolved, with the population of the Kurils and the Sakhalin territories rising to 1.5 million to 400,000 respectively. As a result, they are consolidated into a single entity and granted provincial status. The Office of the Western Pacific is dissolved with the complete settlement of the Yidao (Izu) islands, and the Hua Chinese population in the Ryukyus now reaching a third. However, these islands remain under national jurisdiction as incorporated organized territories under military rule. The Sino–Korean enclave in Japan consisting of the port of Fukuoka and the surrounding region of Western Kyushu (and Shimonoseki) is placed under the control of the Gyeongsang province. The unofficial support of Uluruan resistance through arms exports continues. However, other than continued support for Belka and continued emigration to Alaska, Aztlán, New Granada (and Uluru and Borealia to a lesser extent), China–Korea remains largely neutral in world affairs. Li Fengzhu begins to initiate another naval program, focusing first on the out-phasing of old ships. The 60 corvettes are all given to the Sino–Korean Coast Guard. The number of fleet and escort carriers is reduced to a total of four and eight respectively, the number of heavy cruisers to 20, the number of light cruisers to 24, and the number of destroyers to 96; together with 60 submarines and 12 battleships brings the navy down to ~224 naval vessels, which is organized into a Northern and Southern fleet stationed in Qingdao and Guangzhou respectively. He also patronizes research in tanks and military aircraft.
The Dust Bowl ends as weather patterns return to normal.
Mapuche see’s the Burgundian act of militarization as a formal threat to its sovereignty, and declares war on Burgundy. With this, Mapuche diplomats seek military alliances with Colombia and Brésil.
Racism continues to escalate in Morocco, and with the polarized state of Cádiz, nothing is exceptionally done to contribute to less segregation in major cities. In Belkan Libya, the problem also arises more largely and becomes a vocal point for protest and worker strikes in the region.
The UK, firming its grip on the warzone that is the continent of Australasia, sets up a puppet government amidst condemnation and strained trade relations. In major coastal cities with large occupational forces, extermination camps begin getting set up as more British soldiers land on the continent.
Savannah faces another period of civil war after the Leader is assassinated by a Marsanist-Socialist terrorist organization advocating for the proletarian overthrow of major world governments.
- New England: In the 1944 election the Attleeist (they believe in people over State) win with an amazing 94% of the vote.
- Mod: I shouldn't have to explain how this is implausible, but free healthcare implemented months after the election and a total government change? Probably not. This is strike one.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: With segregation on the rise a young political activist, Yassir de Santos, comes to prominence in Morocco. The Moroccan-Iberian represents a backlash against segregation. Yassir de Santos launches a political movement with support from hundreds of thousands of Moroccan-Iberians and many from either side of the ethno-religious divide. de Santos, a Catholic, Iberian-speaking, Moroccan of mixed descent has the charisma to appeal to many Iberians as well as Moroccans and Algerians. Yassir and his supporters begin a campaign against segregation. Insisting on peaceful protest, the movement stages marches through major Moroccan cities. The movement eventually collapses as support wanes on both sides of the ethnic divide, leaving the Ibero-Moroccans in a tricky situation. Despite the growing disinterest in tackling segregation issues, the government continues its policing action manage to prevent violence, and with the help of the AIU these actions are reasonably successful. Algeria comes to be dominated by the Integralist Pary which establishes Iberian and Algerian neighborhoods and supports ethnically motivated segregation. However, although the party calls for the separation of Iberians in Algerians it does not name Maghrebi s lesser, rather the party paints the Maghrebis and Iberians as needing to protect their cultural identity under the principle of "Living Apart, Working Together." This principle does not call for the segregation of industry, commerce, and resource production, but only seeks to separate the living arrangments of the Algerians and Iberians. Despite the segregation at home, institutionally the Union constitution, which outlaws open state-sponsored disenfranchisment, prevents the overwhelming destruction of Maghrebi infulence in the economy and they do not generally sink into second-class citizenship thanks to the Maghrebi Community's wealth which sits close to that of Iberians in Algeria and Morocco. The spread of radios and now even televisions connects vast swaths of the population to a rapidly growing Iberian film industry which produces increasingly respeted films about the conquest of the American Southwest by Aztlán, the various struggles in the middle east, and others. Economically, the Union experiences sound growth, especially through the middle-sized businesses spun-off from larger industries in the last half-decade. Correia continues production of the HCM. 40/L M, but begins working on a larger, more mobile system able to mount a larger cannon. The Sandoval Model 1943 Selector Rifle is adopted as a the Union service rifle, with several hundred thousand order for production. The Sobremarinho Rancoroso Mk I is ordered by the government to a degree of 200 units, but interest in the new Reavion Meteoro sees the government focus on the potential for jet-powered combat aircraft. The University of Barcelona, now able to create highly enriched Uranium, continues its research. A new series of test-reactors is developed for the next five years to develop the breeding of plutonium. A secret military development board begins work using highly enriched uranium to develop a nuclear-based weapon. The University of Sevilla’s work in Morocco stalls as funding begins to dry-up after decades of government support. The end of the program leaves a legacy of thousands of acres of orchards built in the semi-arid southern slopes of the Atlas mountains. The region, along with the coastal greenhouses, produce a large array of fruit crops throughout the year. Overall population stands at 94.97 million. A new naval renewal program is instituted to replace many of the aging ships of the Union Fleet. Dozens of older destroyers are broken-up to free-up ship crews and funding for a new class of heavy and light cruiser hulls, Asamblea-class, named for former members of the national assemblies of the past. Facing treaty limits and unwilling to scrap dozens of still-effective cruisers, the navy only orders one heavy cruisers and eight cruiser escort carriers. The Inicio and the first two Zapico-D class ships are offered to Aztlán after stripping off their secret radio arays. Aztlán is also offered a selection of older destroyers and destroyer escorts as well as the heavy cruisers if they wish. [Aztlán Diplomacy]
- Empire of Scandinavia: We feel threatened by the Marsanist-Socialist government. Some Scandinavians have made their new home in our only colony (that I have learned of today), Sao Tome och Principe. We are cooperating with Germany and Vinland to test some jets. Hopefully, we can start by 1946.
- Colonial Government in Sao Tome och Principe: (I will start to do more of these) The colony starts to see more citizens from the mainland. They seem to enjoy the African culture and spirit here. Vinland: Five tailess glider airplanes are addded to the air force whilst modernization of the army and navy is underway. A wild buffalo escapes from its protected habitata and terririzes the local village until its shot by the natinal guard.
- Arabia: King Hakim increases naval patrols around the Indian Ocean. Fars (persian part) anxiously prepares to vote for independence. Meanwhile, several advisors are sent to Belka to see their highway system for perhaps emulation. Air raid sirens are built, for fear of imminent attack. Meanwhile the Suez Guard force conducts joint patrols with Belkan troops. The "Riveria of the middle east" in Tabuk province is completed. Red Sea islands are developed. An army of 30,000 troops are sent to India. Lions of Babylon tanks are also prepared. Meanwhile, inspired by Mosley in Britain, a group of military officers under the command of General Naguib plot to seize power, conducting deals with businesses.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: The economy continues rapid growth after the recovery from the great Depression. Agricultural mechanization is now spread to parts of the heartland and Somalia, where population density in rural areas has declined following urbanisation and the movement of farmers toward cities. Phase Three of the modernization plan continues. Industry in the interior of Swahili continues to grow. With the rising demand of Europe, Asia and Arcadia, the export industries of Swahili continue to increase. Light industries and textile industries continues growth. Scientific research and development continues booming. After years of work, the Somalian desert is now lined by hundreds of small waterways, which are further reinforced and expanded by trees and plant material. Academic cooperation with India continues. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. The Russom Impundulu is developed and enters production (equivalent to Kawanishi N1K), which improved upon the Russom Tai. More volunteers are sent to Uluru. Several retired destroyers are authorized to be transfered to the Ulurun Exile Navy, while GIOCPS ports in the Indian Ocean are also transfered to serve as a temporary home base. The Swahili Home Fleet begins patrols over the Indian Ocean, as Swahili bases in the Indian Ocean are expanded.
- India: The economy continues to grow immensely after the mechanization of industries over that past years. The British invasion of Uluru is worrying to say the least, and rumors of extermination camps raises major ethical concerns. Sanctions are imposed on the British for their war in Uluru, with Belkan, German, Swahili, and Arabian goods being favored over British goods. India calls upon the major nations of the world to condemn the British invasion of Uluru. The Ulurun Exile government is allowed some ports on islands in the Indian Ocean to continue operations. Any British army who invade these ports would be violating Indian sovereignty and start a war with India.
- Diplomacy to Kashmir: Kashmir is asked to unify with India, with the government citing the culture, religion, and language similarities. Kashmir is mainly Hindu, including the Punjabi portion and Jammu, and is very similar to northern India.
- Diplomacy to Nepal: Nepal is asked to unify with India, with the government citing the culture, religion, and language similarities. Nepal shares a similar culture to Uttar Pradesh in northern India, and Nepali is very similar and mutually intelligible with Maithili.
- Diplomacy to Belka and Germany: India requests Belka and Germany to condemn the British on their invasion of Uluru and take some course of action against them.
- German Dip: We disapprove of the invasion but will take no further action at the moment unless the British pushes farther.
- Free Alaskan Republic: When the socialists win the New English elections with 49% President Dzhugashvili personally congratulates them, hoping for good future relations. The party is offered to follow the Laocratic doctrine of Alaska, while being free to analyze the current situation and modify it to their needs (NEW ENGLAND RESPONSE, PLEASE). The nationalized industries are growing more and more, while an update to the constitution is made, an extension of the Article 12, which states that every demanding adult has the right on labour. The article is changed to the statement, "that every ablebodied adult of Alaska has the duty to work, or, contribute to the society in other ways. The principle is to be said in a short sentence: he who does not work has no right to eat." People who are without work or live in regions are cared for by building either farms or light industry to push the economic growth. The army is now enlarged to the size of 200,000 men (and also women to a minor extend) who are trained extensively. SECRET Since the socialists in Savannah continue to revolt, the elderly Nestor Karakow, marshall and prime minister authorizes the shipment of 1,000 specially trained guerrilla troops to support the socialists First plans for a rigged, but very close referendum of Arcadian membership to Alaska are planned, hoping on major support from the large Russian population in the region END SECRET. Radio becomes a widespread media, with some radio stations broadcasting even to the most remote areas of Alaska. The stations are mostly state owned, but heavily decentralized to be relevant to their respective regions.
- Empire of Uluru: Resistance against the occupiers continues throughout the country, as the intense period of guerrilla warfare continues and resistance grows stronger and stronger. Although the British continue to hold the majority of the major cities after several years of occupation, their failure to cement any meaningful control over the outback and their brutal treatment of the populace has resulted in them being completely pushed out of central Anangu and having effectively no control of the countryside, which becomes a hotbed of resistance and, alongside the deliberate sabotage of this years harvest by many farmers who knew their crop would be going to the occupiers, results in the occupying forces being forced to import much of their food from Britain and the surrounding countries, further straining their supply lines and effectively forcing the occupiers into a siege as discontent grows and it becomes increasingly difficult to import enough food to feed the occupiers and the population living under their occupation due to Britain's strained trade relations and constant raids on their supply convoys by the remnants of the Ulurun navy. This results in mass starvation and discontent (making the resistance even more appealing to much of the population who otherwise wouldn't care, although the lands held by the resistance are also experiencing a famine as a result of the failure of this years harvest, which is blamed on the occupiers) and the hoarding of food by the occupiers, and eventually the setting up of extermination camps to thin the populace in the occupied territory to avoid food depletion and feed the British governments psychoses. This makes the British puppet government of Edward Dugald, a politician of British descent who survived the pogroms during and after the war of independence as a child only due to his family's influential business position, even more unpopular than it was initially, and support for the resistance swells, with thousands of recruits joining the guerrilla war and being trained by professional soldiers from the Ulurun army and veterans of the Great War from the Arab, Indian, and Swahili volunteers in the isolated Australian outback, creating a highly trained and professional force of thousands of fighters fanatically determined to force the British out of their land. Meanwhile, the government in exile in Beijing continues to gather support for the Ulurun cause, continuing to do its best to gain support from foreign countries well also directing the smuggling of thousands of weapons into Uluru, and petitioning the government of China-Korea to officially join the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, promising to give the country exclusive access to our rare Uranium reserves and privileged access and trade priority to our other resources if they will officially aid us in our war with Britain and declare war on them (CHINA-KOREA RESPONSE NEEDED). We also request aid from those nations that we have had overwhelmingly positive relations with in the years since our independence that are not already aiding us, such as Burgundy, potraying it as a chance to get even with one of the main entente members for their defeat in the Great War and the loss of much of their lands in Europe, and appealing to the friendship between our nations, well also pointing out that Britain under the current government are extremely imperialistic and have shown a large willingness to invade sovereign nations, and are likely to pose a massive threat to the Burgundian colonies in Asia if they aren't stopped now (BURGUNDY RESPONSE NEEDED!). Meanwhile, the remnants of the Ulurun navy, despite having taken a severe beating in the initial invasion and been forced away from Uluru proper, are able to survive and organize a large scale-campaign against British shipping in the Indian Ocean, operating primarily from our naval bases in the Maldives and Diego Garcia, and retreating into Indian waters whenever the Royal Navy attempts to pursue us. This puts a major strain on British Supply lines in Uluru and results in many thousands of tons of shipping sunk in a successful and ongoing campaign of ambushes and hit and run attacks. We also gratefully accept the Swahili offer to buy several bases in their territory to operate out of and the donation of several Destroyers to our cause thanking them immensely and swearing to repay them once we have reclaimed our home.
- Burgundian Dip: Although unable to intervene directly at the moment, Burgundy has a surplus of older but still usable destroyers and submarine, and offers to lend the Uluru Navy however many it requires. Uluru is also offered Burgundian F-40, F-39 (OTL P-40 and P-39), and F4F fighters that are currently being withdrawn from Burgundian service.
- Alaskan Dip: As the Alaskans are highly critical of the British invasion, the government offers to lend gasoline and oil to the Uluruan army. Volunteers can be sended if requested by Uluru. In reqard, Alaska asks for smaller investments in the Alaskan economy.
- German Dip: We express concerns about the invasion, but will take no further action at the moment. Just know our services are open in the future, we'll see.
- Démokretί Impérihan dί Brésil: The population reaches 100,050,000 this year. Trade with Europe, specifically with the Belkan Federation, France, and United Kingdom has proved fruitful, allowing for the flourishing of consumer goods, industrial technologies, and cultural exchanges. The Kancelierogang, Ludoviko Bunidakto, begins a nationwide tour to better promote the changed government and to develop a cult of personality. Catholicism and Nathanist Christianity begins to decline in favor of Bueĵocivίanism (Form of OTL Evangelicalism), a more spiritual doctrine of Christianity. It becomes widely popular due to its focus on salvation, as well as its movement toward more progressive ideas. The Diäsidentō, Klaŭdio Petrovik, begins investing more funds into public works and social programs. The program of Agoteríeom dί Sècuìl Sébufálité (OTL Social Security Agency; SSA) continues to be enacted. Music in the form of jaĵaezo (OTL Jazz) and gaíslo (OTL Country [Music]) spreads rapidly and becomes the largest genres played across the nation. A team of scientists, most notably Enrico Fermi, continue experimentation with nuclear energy. Many of the pioneers, including Mihkelo Thibeaux "T-Bone" Vallotton and Georges Berry. The Brésilian government accepts the alliance from Mapuche, and declares war on Burgundy. With this war opening up, the newest automatic rifle is put into mass production, and as followed, the Mikelo-Carbonneau Skladnoy [MCS] (OTL AK-47) becomes the newest addition in Laurentian arms. With this, 200,000 soldiers are sent for a proper land invasion through the associative state of Argentine (algo soon to be posted for specifics). In terms of naval confrontation, a blockade of Patagonië led by one battleship, five battle cruisers, and 14 light cruisers, assisted by six submarines. One fleet carrier is sent, carrying 40 fighters, 15 strategic bombers, and 20 tactical bombers. The air force is set to engage and provide support for the navy, as well as commit to fighting in the sky. By the time the primary engagements between Burgundian forces and the Mapuche, Brésilian forces truly start igniting and the Burgundian forces being completely distracted, a separate land invasion is made into Guyana as to properly “liberate” the nation and set up another associative government state, with the latter part staying classified from the public. Propaganda begins. After years of fueling rebellion, the groups funded and supported are added to the invading 400,000 soldiers, bringing the number to 455,000 troops total invading (specifics to be added to algo as well).
- United States of Germany: Chancellor Landolf was re-inaugurated the previous year and finished refurbishing his office. Considering the German population is starting to move into the countryside in droves, the expansion of towns and cities around the roads is planned out to make up for overpopulation in major cities. After receiving commission to build a couple battleships and an aircraft carrier (a design that is most recently drawn out in the German navy), Germany will complete three of them by 1947. Meanwhile, they sent companies over the Vinland's mines in exchange and build infrastructure there to uncover deposits of iron and transport them back to Germany. Further upgrades to the G41 are made, culminating into the G44 design (OTL G43). The German military hopes that this will become the standard German rifle by 1946 or 1947. Germany also seeks to buy Uniõ de Cádiz's ships.
- Union Diplomacy to Germany: The Union offers to sell Inicio and the first two Zapico-D class ships are offered to Germany after hearing no response from Aztlán. In addition to agreeing to the sale, the Union seeks to reafirm Germany's commitment to the Malta Naval Treaty.
- German Dip: Of course, for $2,200,000 total. And we are will try and willing to reaffirm commitment so long as the treaty persists.
- Belkan Federation: In response to the approval of many major powers agreeing to making the Panama canal an international zone, the transition process will occur over a period of five years as key Belkan militarized assets are moved out, and the Canal demilitarized from total Belkan control and a multi-national force of the supportive nations (China, Brazil, Belka, Germany, Cádiz, and Burgundy) will be formed into the international Panama Canal Company with a rotating presidency over the canal every five years between the initial supporters of the international mission with the canal, with said presidential candidate to be decided upon by the internal government of each nation. Belkan representatives politely excuse themselves from becoming the first presiding president for over effects of obvious and clear bias associated with such. The Belkan delegation instead nominates the overwhelmingly neutral German state to preside over the first presidency of the Panama Canal Corporation. (This remains simply a proposal for the solution to Panama other options are welcome to be heard). In the colonies the growing ethnic divide in Maghreb remains a clear point of concern, however, the government is more focused on handling internal integrity and finishing the mop up of remaining corrupt and criminal elements in the military managing to scour out two ageing Field Marshalls from the Great war with massive corruption rackets. However, due to their service in the war, they are given relatively light sentencing and much of their embezzled assets are seized leaving the majority of their personal wealth alone. This year a new political proponent championing the decolonization process and managing to quiet fears of an invasion regarding Belka's small military size per its usual. This is quieted with specifically a program to keep the Reserve force of the Belkan Federation massive, with nearly six million active registered reservists as of the month of the election, this is planned to be expanded to nearly 12 million over a period of six years as compulsory training and some government service will be required of everyone turning the age of 18 who will then fall into the reserve pool and will be only called up in times of major war keeping a modest standing professional force of 500,000 still. This saves the military industrial complex with their arms deals while also keeping costs of massive armies in the field way down until expressly needed. On the home front, the economy looks to be in noticeable recovery as equal or favorable deals are struck with the now independent Zaire capitalizing on the decolonization of the area and its newly minted self rule. Similar deals with Burma and Manila have left the Belkans in a pretty convincingly positive economic light, however, a modest contraction economically is expected by 1947 predicted by economists coming from some noticeable issues credit debt that was accrued in the 1920's depression which still hasnt been fully fixed yet. Continued developments in military technology sees better models of existing equipment developed with one notable exception. The development of the first Belkan assault rifle, something considered "a mad mans dream" has come to fruition with devastating consequences stealing the eyes of most of Belka's generals who see this as the perfect tool to broach the middle ground between SMG and Battle Rifle. 1,000 units of the AS-44 are ordered and concepts are to be tested thoroughly as the Belgrade Small Arms lands a massive contract to do more research and development into the concept. The Belkan navy unleashes its new "Gusar" class Carrier boasting a 90 plane complement with its premier ship the BFS Sergei Gurkov (named after a prominent naval hero of the Great war) launching and joining the Belkan Home fleet now consisting of nearly 200 ships as committments elsewhere begin to die down and fleets return home.
- German Dip: While the Germans would prefer the Belkans to preside over the first presidency (or a council), they understand why not. The Germans would accept the nomination if it decides to be passed to them.
- Kingdom of Burgundy: in response to the Mapuche declaration of war, and the probable involvement of Brésil given that country’s attempted sedition in Guyana, the collective self-defense clause of the statute of Brussels signed by Burgundy, the dominions, and protectorates comes into effect. Given the likelihood of Brésilian involvement, the air, land, and naval assets of the New World dominions mobilize. Due to the theaters location, Guyanan General Andreas van Hellsing is chosen as Supreme Commamder of Coalition Forces, Laurentia, with the Borealian Vice Admiral Hellmuth Heye as his deputy. Strategic bombers, from B-17s to the newly in production B-29s and B-35s. Anti-aircraft defenses are erected across Guyana as Burgundian Coalition forces gather in the country. Many of the incoming soldier are armed with the new M2 Karabiner (OTL M2 Carbine). With the Brésilian declaration of war, the defense of Guyana is prioritized. What military assets that can be evacuated from Patagonië are, and what can’t be taken with them are destroyed. The evacuation fleet sails out toward Africa to evade the incoming Brésilian blockade, linking up with a Royal Navy carrier group which escorts it to Guyana. The coalition army moves to first repulse the invasion, a total of almost 700,000 troops, mostly from Guyana, but with a large amount Burgundy and Borealia, and modest contributions from Maryland, Kuba, Jaymaika, and Patagoniën exiles. They are supported by artillery and armor from most of the dominions, with the new Rupspanzer IV Ausf. 3 ex. 8, or R4A3E8 (OTL Sherman easy eight), Rupspanzer VI Elisabeth heavy tanks (OTL M26 Pershing), and the new 3” Panzerjager 36 (OTL M36 tank destroyer) providing support. Several dedicated anti-tank gun regiments are also deployed, equipped with 3” and 3.5” guns based on those on the R4A3E8 and Elisabeth tanks, respectively. Artillery support comes in the form of 4”, 6”, and 8” guns and howitzers, and 4” Houwitserwagen R7 (OTL M7 Priest), and the 6” Geschutzwagen R12 (OTL M12 GMC) as self-propelled guns, made all the more effective by radios distributed to the squad level. A healthy line of trucks keep the men fed from the ports and the rest of Guyana, while Burgundy's mechanized infantry units see action for the first time. They are supported by the navy, pooling the naval resources of Burgundy and the dominions, six fast battleships of the Burgundian and Borealian navies, along with eight heavy cruisers, 15 light cruisers, and several dozen destroyers provide gunfire, and serving as a barrier between Brésilian naval forces and the carrier force, where a total of four fleet carriers provide close air support and air cover. This proves to be the first combat deployment of the F6F Hällkaz, the F4U Korsar, and the SB2C Hälldaucher, same with the Air Force aircraft they cooperate with, such as the F-51 Hengscht, the F-47 Donnerbout, and the F-38 Blëtz. The Air Force makes the first Burgundian counter attack of the war, when B-17, B-29, and B-35 heavy bombers, escorted by Blëtz and Hengscht fighters, make a series of high altitude bombing raids on Brésilian industrial centers and transportation hubs. The Air Force also moves in three squadrons of Fokker F-80 Vallende Sters (OTL P-80 shooting star) and one squadron of Grumman F-79s (TL Horton Ho. 229), the first time jet fighters have been deployed to a combat zone. After four years of testing and manufacturing, the anti-aircraft gunners of the navy, army, and Air Force are extensively equipped with “verännerlech zäit zünder”, aka variable time/proximity fuse, in significant numbers, allowing a significant increase in the effectiveness of coalition anti-air capability. The submarine force, now including a fair number of the new electroboat design, is deployed with the purpose of sinking Brésilian shipping. In Burgundy, the new aircraft carrier SMS Boksar sees one of the new Douglass FH Spook jet fighters fly off its deck, the first time a jet flew off a carrier at sea. Meanwhile, Grumman test flies their new XB-49, a prototype jet powered version of the B-35, and shares the designs flying wing frame. In Royal Army proving grounds, the army tests what it calls the Rupspanzer VII, dubbed the Elisabeth II due to the large amount of shared components with the Rupspanzer VI. In Burgundy, Borealia, and Maryland, orders are placed for a large number of merchant ships to keep the coalition forces supplied.
Segregated neighborhoods appear across Maghreb. Protests and Strikes spread across Tunisia and Libya with local Belkans aggressively forcing the natives out of “Belkan Neighborhoods.” In Iberian Algeria natives are concentrated on the south side of the Atlas mountains.
The outright extermination of the Ulurans commences in occupied Uluru. British troops begin a policy of mass-starvation of the cities while rounding-up whole towns for cleansing.
The Marsanist-Socialist Terrorists face-off with the Sanannahan security forces in street battles throughout the country. Far-right forces also take part in these battles. By the end of the year renewed fighting breaks out across the weary nation.
In Arcadia, Aztlán begins military mobilization.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: The economy continues rapid growth after the recovery from the great Depression. Agricultural mechanization is now spread to parts of the heartland and Somalia, where population density in rural areas has declined following urbanisation and the movement of farmers toward cities. Phase Three of the modernization plan continues. Industry in the interior of Swahili continues to grow. With the rising demand of Europe, Asia and Arcadia, the export industries of Swahili continue to increase. Light industries and textile industries continues growth. Scientific research and development continues booming. After years of work, the Somalian desert is now lined by hundreds of small waterways, which are further reinforced and expanded by trees and plant material. Academic cooperation with India continues. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. On January 25th, the Imperial Government and Bunge declares an intervention in Uluru. 16 hours later, a fleet composed of several retired destroyers and cruisers rams into the OTL Carnavon, disabling the docks, destroying coastal defences, and killing many of the garrisoned troops. Swahili intel over the Indian Ocean has allowed many of the smaller destroyers to first disguise as British cargo ships, with the White Ensign, and changing their flags shortly before they rammed into the port. While several destroyers are sunk by coastal batteries, the docks and coastal defences were successfully disabled. After the strike, 20,000 Swahili soldiers are landed in Boorloo and establish defences. British concentration camps are discovered by the Swahili Army and reporters are sent to take photographs and take eyewitness reports. Pictures detailing starving Uluru civilians and the cruel torture and execution methods are published in GIOCPS Newspapers and across the world. The blatant barbarity of the British is broadcasted across the world by Swahili newspapers and foreign reports, causing international condemnation of the British. In anticipation of a British attack in Africa, more defenses are built while artillery, antitank and antiair guns and fighters are sent to the border.
- New England: President Richard Attlee pushed many reforms which Congress and Senate denied, then Attlee made a speech saying that Congress and Senate only think about them selfes and he tries to say that he should have complete power. Secretary of State Norman Thomas met with President Dzhugashivil and personaly agreed to join the Trans-Arcadian council.
- Vinland: After much discussion and negotiation with New England, they agree to sell the Montana territory to us for 900 million (war reparation from the great war money)). In addition to this, we send 1,000 soldiers to New England to train their army. The first assault rifle is introduced as the VAR 12 and is sent to the military. The Air force begins working on ts own custom designed Jet and eventually strategic bombers. Although the bombers won't be until 1950 according to research, 40 carrier planes are being built in preparation for the 1946 delivery of VN Greenland.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: A growing economy sees the spread of radios and now even televisions connects vast swaths of the population to these trials for the first time and huge number listen in to new broadcasts. The economic disruption subsides and a more competitive economy of mid-sized corporations emerges brining higher wages, better working conditions, and less overall income inequality. Continued policing action manage to prevent violence in Maghreb, and with the help of the AIU these actions are reasonably successful. Sandoval develops a smaller version of its Model 1943 rifle, releasing its Sandoval Model 1945 Automatic Rifle (OTL Mini-14). The weapon proves highly durable, very popular among the troops, and relatively inexpensive to produce. Firing a 6.5 x 40 mm cartridge, the weapon has sufficient power and range for intermediate and close range engagements, but also the accuracy to be somewhat effective at long range. Correia continues production of the CM. 40/L M, but begins working on a larger, more mobile system able to mount a larger cannon. Madrid Armorworks develops a new light tank for the military. The MM. 40/L P introduces a lightly armored vehicle equipped with a 75 mm cannon on a unique and lightly armored chassis (OTL Chaffee Tank). Vento Arms develops a recoilless rifle that can be fired from the shoulder for use as an anti-tank rifle. The widespread adoption of this weapon is quickly implements with every infantry and mechanized company equipped with two of the rifles. Able to fire both high explosive and high explosive anti-tank warheads the rifles are highly useful for assaulting hardened positions. The Sobremarinho Rancoroso Mk I is ordered by the government to a degree of 200 units, but interest in the new Reavion Meteoro sees the government focus on the potential for jet-powered combat aircraft. 75 of the first-generation gets are ordered to bolster the Union’s air forces and develop experience flying the new planes. Another 50 are ordered as fighter-bombers to be equipped with air-to-ground rockets and up to eight 20 mm autocannons. The Reavion Meteoro undergoes advanced wind-tunnel testing and it is revealed that a swept wing design would grant the plane greater speed. The company, begins work on a new swept-wing plane with a single engine in the fuselage (F-86 Sabre). The University of Barcelona, now able to create highly enriched Uranium, continues its research. The test-reactors becomes increasingly advanced and energy production from each new reactor trends higher. Breeder reactor prototypes become increasingly complex and successful in producing plutonium isotopes. The secret military development board begins work using highly enriched uranium to develop a nuclear-based weapon. Overall population stands at 95.31 million. With naval warfare breaking out around the world, much of the Union cruiser fleet begins a massive rebuilding campaign. The Asemblea Family of cruisers begin outright construction, intent on replacing the Zapico Family of cruisers. The First to be replaced are Zapico-A class heavy cruisers, with many of the older hulls stripped and converted to Cruiser Escort Carriers. A total of 12 Zapico-As are converted to Zapico-D2s. Production commences on 11 more Asemblea-A class heavy cruisers and they are expected by 1946. A prototype auto-reloading cannon is deployed to the lead ship in the the latest batch of Union destroyers to test the possibility of increased firepower on the low-calibre guns. A further two hulls for a pair of 35,000 ton fast battleships are laid down but work is stalled due to budgeting constraints. Plans call for a further four ships in this class which are to be essentially clones of the Gran Valencia class but with more advanced propulsion and armor schemes.
- La República Angola: With the country mostly stabilized, Angola is scheduled to gain independence in the year 1950.
- Aztláni Empire: With the eruption of the Brugundian-Brésilian War, Condutor Carlos Cavaco, hero and leader of the Azltani Empire has ordered a general mobilization seeking to gain complete dominance in all of the New World. With the 1945 Aztláni Census the Population reaches 68,450,000 people as plans are made to intervene in the Burgundian-Brésilian War. The Entire Aztláni Fleet composed of five Aircraft Carriers, ten Battleships, five Heavy Cruisers, seven Light Cruisers, 20 Destroyers and 35 Submarines is assembled off the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula as the Aztláni National Army reaches 4,790,500 men in preparations for the planned intervention. Project Autopista Imperial continues as efforts to establish a national highway system continues as it is decided to build one long Trans-Arcadian Highway starting in the city of Tegucigalpa all the way to New Leipzig in which would be linked by other regional Highways linked to the major cities of Aztlán. Condutor Cavaco has decided to go on a trip to Europe in order to establish good relations is the Uniõ de Cádiz, the French Republic, the Kingdom of Burgundy the United States of Germany and the Belkan Federation. 2.5 million men are deployed on the border with the remnants of Arcadia in order to launch a Final Invasion of the nation in order to establish a Collaborative Fontenist-Fascist Government within Northern Arcadia in order to secure Aztláni's Northern Borders. A Delegation is sent to Burgundy in order to propose an alliance between the Aztláni Empire and the Kingdom of Burgundy in response to the Brésilian Expansion in Laurentia as the Aztláni Empire is willing to purchase the ships offered by the Uniõ de Cádiz (Uniõ de Cádiz and Burgundian Response). As the continued Brésilian Expansion can threaten the peace in the New Worldd, Chief of the Army General Staff, Eutímio Gomes proposed a Union between New Granada and Aztlán in order to strengthen the Fontenist Ideology and stall Brésilian Expansionism (MOD RESPONSE NEEDED).
- Union Diplomacy: Having already sold the cruisers, the Union offers to sell Aztlán up to 24 submarines dating from 192 to 1931 and as many as 30 destroyers built between 1925 and 1929. The ships will be available within the year for delivery.
- Mod Response: The New Granadan government agrees to join a Union with Aztlán so long as the state can operate its own self-defense forces and be responsible for raising its own domesitc taxes without any interference from Aztlán.
- German Diplomacy: A good relationship would be welcome, even though we are still wary about Aztlán's recent history on Arcadia.
- Alaskan Diplomacy: As the Alaskans have signed a treaty of friendship two years ago, Alaska asks for the Bay of Resnov and Resnov Island (OTL Region around Seattle and Vancouver Island) since many ethnic Russians live there. In reward, cheap oil is offered to Aztlán, along with the permission to send their criminals to Alaskan labour camps.
- OOC: I think it makes more sense to ask the Arcadians directly instead.
- Burgundian Dip: the alliance is accepted, and Burgundy requests access access to Aztlán's rail system to allow a land-based supply route to the soldiers in Guyana.
- Aztláni Diplomacy to Uniõ de Cádiz: We shall accept the offer as this will help Aztlán assit its Burgundian Allies
- Free Alaskan Republic: President Dzhugashvili is worried about the current developments around the world; imperialism and war seem to grow stronger and stronger every day, while the civilians and proletarian masses suffer under war, oppression and famine. To solve the situation in Savannah, a diplomatic mission is sent there, in order to start negotiations between the marsianist militias and the republican government, as Alaska is sympathetic to both (MOD RESPONSE, PLEASE). The diplomats have the goal to make either faction sympathetic to Alaska and creating an ally in the region. A proposal is made to Vinland, New England, Aztlán, Borealia and Savannah to join the "Trans-Arcadian Congress", which is designed to be a mututal economic and also defensive alliance (PLAYER/MOD RESPONSE NEEDED). A further reform is made by the National Congress, which is to design a secondary, official romanization of the cyrillic alphabet and a few native languages. Letters that do not have a one-to-one ratio from sound to letter are marked with diacritics. For example, щ (shch) is transcribed as C, while the letter Ц is a C. The other sounds are transcribed as in german, so the Я isnt transcribed as "ya" like in english but as "ja". The Ъ remains though, as it does not describe a sound per se, but is an indication on whether the word is spoken soft or hard. The full alphabet is at the following: А а, Б б (B), В в (W), Г г (G), Д д (D), Е е, Ё ё (je), Ж ж (Zh), З з (s), И и (I), Й й, (J), К к, Л л (L), М м,Н н (N), О о, П п (P), Р р (R), С с (ß), Т т, У у (U), Ф ф (F), Х х (Ch), Ц ц (Z), Ч ч (Tz), Ш ш (Sch), Щ щ (Tc), Ъ ъ (remains), Ы ы (Í), Ь ь (remains), Э э (Ä), Ю ю (ju), Я я (ja). Due to massive investions by the government to aid the light industry and large exports in raw materials, the economy keeps growing immensly.
- Démokretί Impérihan dί Brésil: The population reaches 97,150,000 this year. Trade with Europe, specifically with the Belkan Federation, France, and United Kingdom has proved fruitful, allowing for the flourishing of consumer goods, industrial technologies, and cultural exchanges. The Kancelierogang, Ludoviko Bunidakto, begins a nationwide tour to better promote the changed government and to develop a cult of personality. Catholicism and Nathanist Christianity begins to decline in favor of Bueĵocivίanism (Form of OTL Evangelicalism), a more spiritual doctrine of Christianity. It becomes widely popular due to its focus on salvation, as well as its movement toward more progressive ideas. The Diäsidentō, Klaŭdio Petrovik, begins investing more funds into public works and social programs. The program of Agoteríeom dί Sècuìl Sébufálité (OTL Social Security Agency; SSA) continues to be enacted. Music in the form of jaĵaezo (OTL Jazz) and gaíslo (OTL Country [Music]) spreads rapidly and becomes the largest genres played across the nation. A team of scientists, most notably Enrico Fermi, continue experimentation with nuclear energy. Many of the pioneers, including Mihkelo Thibeaux "T-Bone" Vallotton and Georges Berry. With the success in occupying Patagonië, the war turns toward Guyana. Due to unexpected numbers on the defending side, it is prompted that a total state of war is declared, and propaganda demonizing Guyana and the entire Burgundian Commonwealth as treacherous conquerors of the world is displayed throughout film, music, and every other form of entertainment. The entire air force begins making massive counter-bombing attacks against all primary industrial centers and air fields as early as a week after the New Year, and attacks are systematically made every single day. The Air Force attacking numbers 220 Fighters, 170 Strategic Bombers, 170 Close Air Support Fighters, and 240 Tactical Bombers. In terms of land warfare, the German tactic of maneuver warfare sees new successes in the use of another sector of the active army deployed. The new land assaults field a renewed 850,000 soldiers from Brésil proper, with an additional force of 75,000 each from Peru and Argentine, making a total of 1,000,000 soldiers invading: the largest invading force in Brésilian history. The naval blockade of Patagonië continues. An additional force of 50,000 soldiers from Argentine invades the small city-state colony of Burgundy’s that exists there. After spies report that Aztlán has extended an alliance offer to Burgundy as well as enter a Union with Columbia, a set of defenses are set up near the border in both Peru and Brésil. Since Brésil helped in occupying Patagonië for the Mapuche government, military assistance from their government is called upon, citing historical alliances and Brésil’s help in securing Patagonië (Mod).
- Empire of Uluru: The resistance continues, although the situation now looks increasingly grim. Naval raids against British shipping continue to be extremely successful in their goal of cutting off the main supply lines of the British Army and many British ships are sunk, but this and the famine continuing from last year merely result in the garrisons hoarding the food, causing mass starvation throughout their occupied zones in addition to that which existed in resistance occupied territory. However, things quickly go from bad to worse when the British begin a policy of intentionally starving the cities and sending death squads into the countryside, where they slaughter thousands of innocent civilians in an attempt to exterminate the native population of Uluru. Although preparations for this attempt at exterminating us has been ongoing for several years, they are no longer even ATTEMPTING to hide it. However, this attempt MASSIVELY backfires on them as the population of Uluru, which outnumbers the occupiers by tens of millions of people, realizes what the British are blatantly trying to do and that if they don't rise up now, that they will likely be exterminated. Millions of people rebel against the British and starving mobs of tens of thousands storm British garrisons throughout the occupied cities in a desperate attempt to force the British of the continent, well the armies of the resistance that already occupied most of central Australia go on a massive offer IMMEDIATELY attempt to get as many countries as possible to declare war on Britain, with the now blatant attempts at extermination and our previous reasons justifying it. Thus, we reach out to GERMANY, CHINA-KOREA, ARABIA, INDIA, SWAHILI, ALASKA and any other country that will listen and beg them to declare war, citing the blatant attempt to destroy our entire people, along with Britains illegal invasion and occupation of our territory and our previous friendship with these countries and promises of aid and aid we have been receiving from these countries. (GERMANY, ARABIA, SWAHILI, CHINA-KOREA, ALASKA, AND INDIA RESPONSE NEEDED). Burgundy is not asked, as it is obvious that they are already at war with several other countries, and would be unable to offer any assistance at this time.
- OOC: The entirety of this attempt at a holocaust expy is incredibly stupid and implausible, there is no way British forces or the forces of any country could plausibly attempt anything like this on the majority population of an area that massively outnumbers their occupying forces without immediately forcing mass revolts from absolutely everywhere in the territory they occupy. There is a reason that genocides typically happen to minority groups, attempting something like this when the population you're trying to exterminate massively outnumbers your forces and you're barely holding on to your territory they live in to begin with is INCREDIBLY short sighted and stupid, especially when you actually want to reconquer that land, and at the VERY LEAST they should have waited until they had won to attempt something like this if the British High Command isn't completely insane and incompetent to the point that it's completely implausible for them to be in positions of authority to begin with.
- OOC2: Well, this would clearly generate sympathy for you. Although, I think damning dissidents to prison camps in the outback similar to gulags in Siberia would be more plausible to do.
- OOC Mods: Japan literally raped China on a mass scale. Also, the UK destroyed the Uluruan Fleet, captured the dense coastal areas, and even though there is low-intensity guerrilla campaign in the interior, that is simply not where the people live. In terms of a possible uprising, the British have modern equipment and it would probably be put down like the Warsaw uprising. Especially given that the cities cannot coordinate effectively when and how to rise up.
- China–Korea: The Church of the East is restored by Li Fengzhu as China–Korea's state religion, though freedom of religion is still guaranteed by the Sino–Korean Constitution. The Christian population now constitutes approximately 65% of the total population (up from 50% in 1900, and 30% in 1800) while the Hui ethnoreligious minority constitutes a tenth – mainly in the provinces of the Northwest as well as Yunnan. The Church of the East discontinues its policy of realigning its practices with mainstream (Latin-rite) Catholicism, once again condoning syncretic shamanistic practices (acquired through influence from Sakhan, Korean, and Chinese rites) as part of the "Eastern tradition". Meanwhile, to assert its autonomy, the Church of the East stresses its emphasis on the distinction between the divine and human natures of Christ. Under mounting international pressure to intervene in Uluru, China–Korea ratifies the "Papuan Protection Action", establishing a temporary state of martial law in the Papuan Territory and increasing military presence there. All of the territory's inhabitants are also required to participate in drills. Meanwhile, China–Korea prepares to intervene in the British–Uluruan conflict, under the guise of protecting any Sino-Korean citizens or settlers. A sum of 200,000 soldiers is sent to Papua, and a regional fleet of 68 ships (four battleships, one fleet carrier, two escort carriers, supported by six heavy and ten light cruisers, 30 destroyers, and 15 submarines) is dispatched to secure the area. However, the Greater Secretariat still does not declare an official state of war between China–Korea and Britain. Meanwhile, the government continues to fund the aeronautics industry, specifically in regards to the realm of military aviation. Similarly, an annual production rate for naval vessels is set at ~20,000 t – a low set rate due to isolationist sentiments in the Grand Secretariat against one-fifth of the tonnage asked for by the Prime Minister. A heavy cruiser and eight destroyers are constructed and commissioned for this year. Despite developments in aeronautics and the spread of commercial aviation, the usage of railway and steamships remain the most common form of transporting freight or people. Consumerist attitudes begin to once again reemerge with the full recovery of the stock market from the instability of the 1930s. High-end shopping streets and other recreational centers (such as spas and dermatological clinics) are constructed, with the first experimental commercial centers being built. The film industry sees a resurgence in popularity despite the institution of moral codes, however, amateur B-films continue to incorporate many taboo subjects with their spread being aided by maturation in radio shows (which receives little government regulation) and experimental television sets.
- Belkan Federation: The Homeland is forced to deploy a military police force to Belkan Magrheb consisting of nearly 80,000 troops which are used to physically desegrate the region once again citing albeit dated racial laws which specifically delineated the Maghrebis as "Loyal and full citizens of Belka." While this news is somewhat disturbing to the homeland the Vozhd is able to curtail the bad publicity from this by the concerns of the economy being fully addressed specifically the national credit problem in which government legislation put in place by the Supreme Soviet and favorable programs for refinancing debt has led to the problem becoming much less pronounced but still obviously existing. On the development front the Belkan jet initiative finally produces a notable success the Ikarus IK-9 (OTL Mig-9) a successful turbojet fighter of which nearly 300 are ordered initially to get the Belkan air force up to speed on incorporating and using jet aircraft in combat. With much being invested into Belka's aviation industry the fielding of the YK-30 strategic bomber, outclassing its previous iteration in all classes with its range boasting to reach the far side of Russia or even the further coastal reaches of Aracadia (with the second claim being somewhat dubious.) The development of new armored and mechanized equipment continues as well with clear plans to have a large quantity of equipment available to draw up reserves in the case of another Belkan involved war. The development of solid anti-tank equipment to penetrate newer tanks is completed with new bazookas being brought into the armed services able to take down even some of the famed "Heavy Tank" designs out of Germany. The Belkans do unveil their new Heavy Tank design as well operating mostly in an anti-tank role, and infantry support the TH-10 Crucible. The Belkan dual states of Port Durestov and Macau continue to grow, showcasing a good symbiosis of Sino-Belkan relations and their long history of cooperation and how it has effectively brought both countries to some of their peaks due to this Special relationship between the two powers. Belkan corporate interests begin showing signs of investing into other European corporation specifically becoming investors into German companies and offering to allow German investment into the Belkan economy as well hoping to increase multi-lateral business ties and hence help increase Germano-Belkan public relations as well. (Batran feel free to respond on the new turn.)
- Kingdom of Burgundy: the B-35s in service in Guyana begin being pulled out, sent to airfields in Kuba and Maryland to allow them to be converted into the new jet powered B-49 flying wing bomber, the world’s first jet bomber in production, which begin arriving in Guyana. Able to fly higher, farther, and faster than any other bomber in the Burgundian arsenal, the B-49s make their combat debut when 44 bombers of the 99th Strategic Bombing Group make a bombing raid over Atterrir-Haut (OTL São Paulo), flying too high and too fast for Brésilian interceptors to reach, and beyond the effective reach of flak guns. The bomber force is further augmented by the arrival of Fokker B-30 Konstellatioun, based on the company’s C-69 Konstellatioun transport/passenger plane, and Konsolidéiert B-32 Beherrscher heavy bombers. With over 10,000 Burgundian heavy bombers of various models in Guyana, mainly B-17s and B-29s, the Coalition Strategic Air Command authorizes round-the-clock bombing of industrial, military, and transportation targets within range, though targets in southern Brésil can only be reached by the B-49 Flying Wings and won’t be able to be hit nearly as often as targets in the north. There is also an estimated 8,000 fighter aircraft currently committed to Guyana providing bomber escort and interception of Brésilian bombing raids. One such interception sees the first air-to-air jet kill, when F-79s (OTL Ho. 229) of the 401st Fighter Wing intercept a flight of bombers. The F-47 Donnerbout, with its eight machine guns and heavy bomb carrying ability, proves an effective close air support fighter, and this year is augmented in that role with the introduction of the Douglas A-1 Himmelräuber attack aircraft. The older and slower standard-type battleships are committed to bombardment duty, supporting the defense of Guyana. With the Navy receiving new aircraft such as their own A-1s, and the F4U-4 and F8F-2 Bierkaz fighter-bombers, and new ships, namely new cruisers and destroyers, goes on the offensive, with fast battleships and cruisers shelling targets in OTL French Guiana and Amapa while protected by fighter cover from commonwealth carriers. Guyana itself sees massive recruitment as people volunteer to defend the country against the Brésilian invasion, and Guyanese make up almost half of the 1.5 million soldiers in Guyana. About 850,000 of those soldiers are on the frontline when the Brésilians make their renewed assault.
Vinland's attempts at building a jet engine fail spectacularly when a turbine casing ruptures decapitating a leading researcher and injuring eight other technicians and irreplaceable engineers. Those close to the project question the feasibility of building a jet engine without foreign support.
The United Kingdom launches an invasion of Swahili. A taskforce of five battleships, three fleet carriers, 20 escort carriers, 12 heavy cruisers, 12 light cruisers, 64 destroyers, and 20 submarines deploy off the coast near Zanzibar. British forces, dug in along the Swahili border begin an armored offensive in the south, equipped with a variety of armored vehicles and modern airplanes. The UK unveils its addition to the Jet Race, the de Havilland Vampire. 64 of the Jets are stationed in British South Africa and savage the slower Swahili air force.
The situation in Uluru worsens and leaked figures suggest that some 1.2 million civilians have been either worked to death or summarily executed. Uprisings in last year face brutal repression as isolated cities are unable to coordinate resulting in a series of failed city-based uprisings. British air-power takes its toll driving civilian casualties ever higher as the poorly armed rebels are contained in cities and then bombed with incendiary and chemical weapons. The Uluruan Liberation Army in the interior makes initial gains in its push to retake the capital but is ultimately defeated by British armor elements supported by air power.
The Second Savanahan Civil War continues with Ohioan Separatists once again declaring independence from the failed state to their south. Fascist Stormbrigades form to drive back the now militarized unions of Savanah and most cities are now engulfed in battle.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: With the attack from Britain, the capital is temporarily moved to Dodoma. Academic cooperation with India continues. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. The Swahili Army is mobilized against British invasion, with hundreds of thousands of men swarming to the highly fortified border against the British. The home fleet is tasked to engage the British fleet descending on the heartland, while retired battleships are sent back into battle to bolster the home fleet. Reserves are also mobilized to guard the coast against possible British landings, while an Imperial Army has arrived in the Heartland. Cargo ships are converted into escort carriers to face off the British. Many of the new Russom Impundulu are sent to the Zanzibar front against the British fleet. Development of jet aircrafts begins at Russom. The numerous islands in the Swahili coast serve as radar bases, notifying Swahili command of the positions of the British fleet, while antiair guns and coastal defenses constructed along the coast and on islands are used to prevent sudden British action. We also call upon India as an ally and appeal for them to come along for our defence and for the defeat of British Militarist Imperialism. (India Response/ MOD Response?) The Home Fleet is prepared to engage the British, but decides to first avoid engagement until either the arrival of an ally fleet or the the British begin a landing, which would force the British did give away their position and remain stationary for a long period of time. After discovery of photographic evidence of extermination, the Swahili regiment seeks to escape Uluru. Despite suffering heavy casualties, with almost the entire task force wiped out, several photos, eyewitness accounts and testimonies are brought out of the country. Shocked and disgusted by the acts of the British, the Swahili Military is bolstered with a sense of righteous rage and desire to defend their families from extermination. Swahili requests a reprieval from the Malta Naval Treaty in light of the British attack. Swahili wishes to purchase jet fighters from Burgundy, Iberia and Belka. (IBERIA, BELKA, BURGUNDY responses, please)
- Burgundian Dip: The States-General approves the sale of Fokker F-80 Vallende Ster jet fighters to the Swahili Air Force, with an option of Douglas FH Spook jet fighters for the Swahili Navy should they be requested.
- Swahili Dip: We Thank Burgundy for their sale of jet fighters and begin by purchasing 70 of them, with orders for at least 100. We also request Burgundy for technical support on the battlefield and will provide comprehensive data to Burgundy on the first jet-to-jet battles.
- Vinland: The VN Greenland carrier and the two unnamed battleships arrive at the largest harbor receiving their equipment and personal and begins patrolling.Meanwhile the air force receives more money as to increase support for the jet program
which is now expected in 1948. Elections are scheduled for 1947. Vinland condemns the British invasion of Uluru and asks the parliament to do so as well. In addition the one mechanized division is deployed to the border with new england.The ruling party begins campaigning for the 1947 election and promises an even bigger military budget and improved trade with non arcadian nations.In the new state of Monida,the VAF skåne airbase begins construction.
- MOD: The surviving Vinlandinc Aerospace Engineers in the Air force's development program express their concern about such a pace of testing and insist that it will take them at least until 1954 to independently develop the engines without purchasing foreign planes.
- New England: President Attlee with full support of the military and the people overthrows Congress and Senate, he is named the Supreme President of The People's State of New England.
- United States of Germany: As the population continuously migrates to the countryside or to the colony, more infrastructure is planned for buildings and towns to be built along the roads in order to accommodate the migration. Decades from now, as early as the 60s, this may result in the rise of megalopolises in Germany at the current rate. A metro system between close and/or adjacent cities are also planned and will be slowly built over decades. In major cities, buildings slowly reach new heights as some began to be raised above 12 floors to accommodate effects of overpopulation, which slowly begins to wear off along with the decline in birthrates, with most German families having no more than two or three children. Germany would be happy to work with Belka and establish closer multilateral/bilateral economic relations, having good public ties would be ideal as well. Meanwhile, on an event that is somewhat related, Germany condemns the unprovoked attack on the Swahilis by the British and would support Swahili to be temporarily excluded from the rules of the Malta Naval Treaty to defend itself.
- Colony of New Hessia: Being the foundation and stronghold for German technocracy (when it was prominent, but is slowly fading), the colony enjoyed vastly growing tech prosperity and standard of living due to progressive and scientific minds leaving for New Hessia back when Germany was under a period of ultra-conservatism. While it remains a (major?) hub in West Africa for economics, its exponential growth it enjoyed during Germany's rise to global prominence in the late 1920s and 1930s has slowly began to fade by now due to war hitting the east African coast. The possibility for Germany's closer business relations with Belka may help boost it for a bit longer.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: A growing economy sees the spread of radios and now even televisions connects vast swaths of the population to these trials for the first time and huge number listen in to new broadcasts. Continued policing action manage to prevent violence in Maghreb, and with the help of the AIU these actions are reasonably successful. Correia continues production of the CM. 40/L M, but rolls out its larger, more mobile system able to mount a long 100 mm cannon. The CM. 46/L M (OTL Skoda T-50 project), a 40 ton behemoth the tank features a newly invented auto-reloading cannon which eliminates the need for a loader and allows the tank to fight more effectively. Production and testing are plagued by problems with the suspension and loader, but a working prototype is prepared by years end. Madrid Armorworks puts the MM. 40/L P into production with a 250 tank order. Reavion releases its single engine fighter - the Reavion Sable (OTL F-86 Saber). Government orders for a full wing of 50 fighters are put out. The Meteoro is generally relegated to ground attack and fighter-bomber roles as the Sable can put maneuver and speed the older but more powerful Meteoro. Updates are implemented to the Meteoro to improve their speed and carrying capacity. The University of Barcelona, now able to create highly enriched Uranium, continues its research. The test-reactors becomes increasingly advanced and energy production from each new reactor trends higher. Breeder reactor prototypes become increasingly complex and successful in producing plutonium isotopes. The secret military development board finalizes a design for a nuclear-gun style enriched uranium based weapon. Overall population stands at 95.6 million. With naval warfare breaking out around the world, much of the Union cruiser fleet begins a massive rebuilding campaign. The first of the Asemblea-As are finished and enter service. Auto-reloading cannons become the norm for the new destroyer classes from Union shipyards. Three more hulls for the new Uniõ class battleships are laid. With them underway the two from last year are delayed due to budget shortfalls.
- La República Angola: With the country mostly stabilized, Angola is scheduled to gain independence in the year 1950.
- Démokretί Impérihan dί Brésil: The population reaches 97,150,000 this year. Trade with Europe, specifically with the Belkan Federation, France, and United Kingdom has proved fruitful, allowing for the flourishing of consumer goods, industrial technologies, and cultural exchanges. The Kancelierogang, Ludoviko Bunidakto, begins a nationwide tour to better promote the changed government and to develop a cult of personality. Catholicism and Nathanist Christianity begins to decline in favor of Bueĵocivίanism (Form of OTL Evangelicalism), a more spiritual doctrine of Christianity. It becomes widely popular due to its focus on salvation, as well as its movement toward more progressive ideas. The Diäsidentō, Klaŭdio Petrovik, begins investing more funds into public works and social programs. The program of Agoteríeom dί Sècuìl Sébufálité (OTL Social Security Agency; SSA) continues to be enacted. Music in the form of jaĵaezo (OTL Jazz) and gaíslo (OTL Country [Music]) spreads rapidly and becomes the largest genres played across the nation. A team of scientists, most notably Enrico Fermi, continue experimentation with nuclear energy. Many of the pioneers, including Mihkelo Thibeaux "T-Bone" Vallotton and Georges Berry. With the success in occupying Patagonië, the war turns toward Guyana. Due to unexpected numbers on the defending side, it is prompted that a total state of war is declared, and propaganda demonizing Guyana and the entire Burgundian Commonwealth as treacherous conquerors of the world is displayed throughout radio, music, and every other form of entertainment. The entire air force begins making massive counter-bombing attacks against all primary industrial centers and air fields as early as a week after the New Year, and attacks are systematically made every single day. With the major bombing of a rather non-militarized city by a Guyanese bombing killing thousands of civilians, the war itself becomes more total than not. Dutch lynchings begin being seen across various neighborhoods, and segregation against the Brésilian-Dutch population becomes rapidly more apparent as the conflict continues to evolve. The first set of conscriptions are made this year to backup the depleting active numbers on the front lines, especially since the reservists become more initiated on the forefront. The conscripting forces this year are to be active in 1948 after extensive training is completed. As of the beginning of the year, roughly 950,000 soldiers remained in the forest, with the movement of 400,000 reservists being moved to the western region as to start another set of conflict in that region, while a final 400,000 soldiers are moved into the central region, ultimately closing in on the entire nation and taking further advantage by making these attacks undetected and deep in the night after jungle mist allows for camouflage to help in the secret movement of these forces. The air force is rebuffed after two years of construction, bringing in another set of 1,000 fighters and 500 strategic bombers, primarily targeting air fields. With the successes made last year and the war economy being solidified, the Brésilian-Guyanese War becomes a new type of warfare. A soon-to-be victorious one, that is. Nuclear research advances further, and the idea of weaponization is floated around by much of the top military personal, although nothing materializes currently.
- Free Alaskan Republic: As the state has enforced the "Duty on Contribution" Bill on every able-bodied citizen, the first daycare programs are set up in major cities, while in the rural areas, where most people live with more than two generations in their homes, the children are observed by relatives. In said programs, the children are not only tought the first letters and numbers, but are encouraged to read and draw, in addition of largely free time activities on the schoolyard. The romanized alphabet is tought from the fifth grade onward, in addition to the standard Russian classes. The rise in labourpower makes plans for an actual Alaskan Navy more viable, as the global situation demands more investions to the defensive sector of the state. A fleet of five battlecruisers and 20 destroyers is planned. The cruisers shall be built in Germany, while licenses for German destroyers are requested (GERMAN RESPONSE, PLEASE). Oil is exported throughout the world, the same goes for ores and steel. The last one is of high quality and mostly exported to the regions around Alaska. The heavy-industrial unions in the Duma (the proper name is "Congress of the Republic", though the casual term is still Duma) and president Dzhugashvili express mutual sympathy on an official basis, which gives him the nickname "Schtalijn" in the Alaskan dialect, ot Stalin in proper russian, for both his sympathy for the steelworkers and miners but also his unbribeale nature and his policies, in which he never bows to foreign powers. The battles in Savannah are currently a major focus to the foreign policies of Alaska, and they offer to infite the leaders of the factions for negotiations (MOD RESPONSE, PLEASE). SECRET Massive support is given to the militarized unions with 250,000 Rubles (around 500,000 USD in 2019 OTL) is given to the secret paramilitias of the socialists. Efforts to undermine the fascists with national-vanguardists (similar to OTL Juche) are made. SECRET END As requested by Uluru, 2,000 soldiers and materiel are send there, along with a smaller number of motorbikes and trucks. Though not used to the arid and hot environment, the soldiers adapt quickly and use their guerrilla tactics they learned at home. A new invention comes along in the war as well, known as the "Stalin's vodka" or "Alaskan booze", where a bottle is filled with oil and gasoline. A piece of cloth soaked in gasoline is stuffed into the bottleneck and lit before the device is thrown. The weapen is devestating against vehicles and footsoldiers alike. More and more advertising for the unification of the Resnov Island (OTL Vancouver Island) to Alaska is made into the Arcadian rump state, due to the large Russian population in the region and the general international and regional distrust in the concept of Technocracy. Both factors are used to spread pro-Alaskan propaganda and gaining sympathy in local trade unions and leftist politicians. The national radio programs are still owned by the government, but largely independent, often playing popular music from both Russia and Brésil.
- German Dip: Sure. Expect the Battlecruisers by 1950, we may also give you licenses for some of our destroyer designs (OTL 1938A and 1938B).
- La Republique Francais: General elections are held, with a relative newcomer securing the greatest amount of seats: Partie de la Reliance Francaise. Thus, the new president is former general Jean-Yves le Breton. The automobile industry is the first industry to receive spending, with French automobile companies competing over a government contract for a tank design. Jet research is also done, with the French public fearful of the Burgundian jet bombers seen in Brésil. French air volunteers, with la battalion d'aire douzieme, as well as land volunteers, under the dixième division d'infanterie légère, are sent to Brésil, to aid in the war.
- Kingdom of Burgundy: Coalition forces in Venezuela rise to 2.5 million, pooling, though a majority of them remain in reserve as they acclimated to fighting in the climate. The Guyanese reservists, having grown up in the climate, naturally required less time, and so are able to be deployed to the lines quicker after being brought up on their training. The army begins exchanging their older M1938 semi-automatic rifles with the M1946 Schluechtgewehr (OTL FN FAL). The select-fire M2 Karabiner remains in widespread service. The number of heavy bombers in Guyana grows to over 12,000, and with the influx of more long range bombers like the Fokker Konstellatioun and Boeing Superfestung begin regular bombing raids all over Brésil, even as far south as OTL Montevideo, targeting factories, railways, air bases, anything of industrial or military values, while enjoying the ability to fly higher than the effective ceilings of Brésilian interceptors and flak guns. Burgundian advances in radar also allow more effective nighttime bombing, when within range they’re escorted by radar equipped F-38 Blëtzs and F-61 Schwarze Witwe. Starting in May, modified B-25 medium bombers launch a series of attacks on dams and bridges in northern Brésil with television-guided bombs (OTL GB-4), destroying them with much less ordnance spent than would be required with unguided bombs. The Navy steps up its attacks on coastal targets, with Burgundian battleships shelling targets along the northern coast of Brésil. At night, black-painted radar-equipped Hällkaz, Bierkaz, and Korsar fighter-bombers make raids on Brésilian harbors dropping their bombs or torpedos into their targets and escaping back to their carriers. The Air Force’s Grumman F-79 jet fighters show themselves to be potent interceptors, with their speed allowing them to outrun Brésilian escorts and bomber gunners, while their 30 mm cannons allow themselves to fatally damage a bomber much quicker than their machine gun-armed contemporaries. For the bombers that make it past, they’re met by a storm of lead as AA crews armed with proximity fuse-equipped shells tear the bombers apart. An Air Force report concludes that the proximity fuse increases the lethality of anti aircraft shells by 5-10 times that of shells equipped with other fuses (OTL figures). With word of Brésilian troop movement torward the western end of the border (you can’t hide this, Solace), some 150,000 troops are positioned and entrench themselves opposite each Brésilian in the event the enemy tries to attack through nigh impassible jungle and mountains.
The UK, suffers several minor naval defeats due to its over extension. The navy, stretched thin by the fleets combined against it launches several new ships in violation of the Malta Naval Treaty. Despite efforts to land troops in Uluru most of the volunteers do not make it and are either captured and executed as spies or drown in the attempt. Those that do make it prove valuable for the rebels as they often appear European and thus can blend with the British occupation forces. Global knowledge of the extermination camps in Uluru come to light. In Europe the response is muted by the knowledge that the Ulurans had done the same to the British only a few years before. Despite this, global outrage is significant and the UK faces mounting international pressure to end its policies.
Burgundy faces rapid inflation as it struggles with the high expenses of renewed war. With taxes and spending already high before the outset of war, the massive increase in expenses and the associated deficits have caused growing discontent at home and in Maryland and Borealia which are sick of fighting in wars across the globe.
Burgundian aircraft in Guyana face difficulty in supplies as the 20,000 craft run critically short of jet-fuel and ammunition. Only 35% of missions are able to continue as planned.
The State of Ohio, this time born with a government sympathetic to Aztlán and strongly anti-Burgundian supports the various fascist battalions in Savanah. With assistance pouring in from Ohio, Aztlán, Texas, and others the Fascists in Savanah come to occupy most of the country’s heartland.
In the fighting across the world a few notable figures emerge.
- For the Burgundians, a rising air force colonel becomes known as a Ground Support Ace.
- Ohio's Commander-in-Chief, General Alvan Cleveland, assembles an Experienced Staff.
- The United Kingdom's Admiral Lord Edward Nelson becomes known for his Iron Will in facing the enemy
- Swahili's defenses against the British are bolstered by a Fortification Expert who has risen to command of the frontier
- A General in Brésil becomes known for his ability as an Ambush Master
- New England: Supreme President Attlee to be on the good side of the people while the country builds up enacts the Attlee Bill which gives free healthcare. Chairman of Diplomacy Norman Thomas sends a shipment of supplies to Uluru.
- Empire of Scandinavia: We are no longer interested in jet researched because of what happened with Vinland's jet experiments. The dispute over Scania between the regions of Denmark and Sweden is taken to the Imperial Riksdag with a ruling of Scania not belong to either region, but becoming its own region in order to prevent further conflict.
- Overseas Territory of Sao Tome och Principe: The colony is granted an overseas territory status. A small port starts construction this year.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The rise of mass-media has profound effects for the Iberian Film industry. Great epics of love, drama, and valor play out on silver screens across the nation and the export of films becomes big business. Based out of Cordoba, the film industry grows rapidly, developing an overseas following across the former Iberian colonies. Production of the CM. 46/L M is delayed by a change in the design to improve the frontal armor to be comparable to other modern tanks. The pike-nose in the first prototypes is replaced with a more easily constructed single upper glacis with a raw armor thickness of 120 mm and an effective thickness of 240 mm with the sloping. With the required changes made the tanks enter production with 400 ordered. The Corporatists Government secretly sends Aztlán 50 MM. 40/L P Tanks to send to the rebels in Ohio to see how the equipment holds up. A large order for Reavion Sable fighters is placed with a second large order for a heavily modified Meteoro equipped for ground-attack and CAS missions. The University of Barcelona continues its research, building more test and breeder reactors to develop the science even further. The test-reactors becomes increasingly advanced and energy production from each new reactor trends higher. Breeder reactor prototypes become increasingly complex and successful in producing plutonium isotopes. The secret military development board constructs a test weapon to test the theory behind nuclear bombs. On September 26th, 1947 the Uniõ de Cádiz makes history by detonating a 15 kiloton Uranium-235 bomb in the Sahara Desert. The device, known as the Trinity Device, blasts a 1.2 m deep and 8.3 m wide crater in the desert sand, surrounded by a radioactive green glass. The lead scientists on the project, Dr. Joaquín Venegas, amazed at the intensity of the explosion is quoted as saying “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” With the detonation of the Trinity Device the world enters a new era. Overall population stands at 96.00 million. The second group of Asemblea class ships are built, the Asemblea-B Light Cruisers, enter service replacing 12 Zapico-C class ships. The light cruisers come equipped with an auto-reloading main battery pushing the rate of fire up above any other cruisers used on the planet. The final Uniõ class battleship hull is laid, and work on the first two ships’ resumes. Rather than complete the construction of the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th ship of the Uniõ class as a true battleship, plans are laid to build Flightdeck Battlecruisers instead.These ships will feature an angled deck of roughly 200 meters sacrificing armor and the second forward turret tpyical of the class. These ships are designated the Valiente class, largely because the move is seen as brave in the face of potential treaty violations. The Union's allies in the Comunidade de Naciõnes Ibéricas are granted at-cost contracts for fleets specified by the Malta Naval Treaty. These contracts include a pair of 35,000 ton Flightdeck Battlecruisers, one 15,000 ton light carrier, ten cruisers, and 15 destroyers. Seeing blatant violations of the Malta Naval Treaty by Aztlán, New Grenada, The United Kingdom, and less egregious violations by others, the Uniõ de Cádiz informs Belka, China, Brésil, and the other members of the treaty that it will withdraw from the naval agreement in 1948 and suggests that they do the same.
- Belkan Federation: As of this year, the push further into jet technology sees the launching of both the IKU-12 Jet Bomber and the IK-15 (Mig-15) improving heavily on the proven concepts of the IK-9. Its adoption sees the outdating of virtually the entire Belkan fighter force and the Air forces adopts in quick succession looking to replace its nearly 5,000 prop-driven aircraft become mostly replaced by nearly 3,000 if the IK-15 aircraft. As of this year as well, the Belkan tank corps officially begin phasing out its older generation tank instead going with a powerful all round tank. The Tk-47 tank is launched as something called a "Main Battle Tank" specifically geared toward giving said tank the firepower of a heavy tank and the mobility of a Medium/Light tank. the TK-47 (OTL M-48 patton) sees 300 orders as well. The Belkan homeland economy following the closer movements between German and Belkan trade sees its first surge in the Stock market in nearly 15 years with most other surges levelled off significantly and became mere single digit gains. The new deals with German companies allows much more unfettered access into Europe markets. This Growth is noted heavily in Belkan auto and aerial industries, and the manufacture of appliances and heavy equipment not generally found in such high quality across other parts of Europe. The private investment into national infrastructure is allowed as a need to expand or rebuild portions of the massive rail network and mass expansion of the Highway system is needed. This sees the awarding of multiple contracts out to pertinent companies allowing for some of the first expansions or rebuilding of infrastructure in a few years as well. The Court system adopts a fairer system of law known as the Imperial system with the new Modern system outmoding multiple forms of punishment and penalizing for crime adopting punishment more like comtemporary democracies in Europe. The Belkan administrations begin considering the facts that some Belkan colonies may enter the world in conflict rather than stable nations. After years of Experimentation coming off years of development and study based on research done in the early 1930's the Belkan nation deploys its own nuclear device similar to the Iberian one in the Egyptian desert creating a similar sized crater to the Iberian weapon. This also notably sees the first unveiling of the Transylvanian and Bulgarian Uranium mines to the public as the weapon was rushed due to the Iberians deploying their own weapon. While rushed the test seems to have gone off without a hitch and further development of nuclear technology and delivery systems including energy are pursued. Two more testing weapons go into production to be dropped next year in Belkan Maghreb and off the coast of one of Belka's remote islands to test the weapon in different climates and its effectiveness. The Ethnic violence in Maghreb calms down significantly as the arrival of the military as a police force brings the area forcibly together. Further demonstrations are heavy discouraged and the Belkan military even puts heavy armor and motorized units into action. The Belkans make another major advance with rocket/missile technology successfully guiding multiple rockets and missiles into targets and the process and technology begins to be refined. The Navy continues its incremental advances looking to phase out older ships and modernize others. specifically the nations battleship fleet which finished its up to date build up (and retiring of the older ships) and begins the pushing of more modern tech onto the ships.
- India: (Sorry for missing a few turns; I was busy with IRL matters and intended to join the war in 1945) "India can not and will not stand idle while an entire country is eradicated by the barbarians that go by the name 'British'. The British have gone to far, destroying cities and attempting to renew their oppressive empire by 'cleansing' the natives of their lands. As of this moment, on January 26th, 1947, India shall come to the aid of the Imperial Swahili Federation and by extension the Greater Indian Ocean Co-Prosperity Sphere and all the Uluruans suppressed by the government set up by the British. Let it be known that India will not stand for this behavior and that the British will pay for their actions." War is declared on the British on the basis that Uluru contains a large Indian-Uluruan population and that India must come to aid to her ally, the Imperial Swahili Federation. The fleet is sent into the Indian ocean, and soldiers are shipped though civilian boats to the Swahili for the defense of their lands.
- Union Diplomacy to India: The Union offers to sell India two Coastal Battleships of the Beria class (1916, modernized in the 30s) and twelve Ligth Cruisers of the Zapico-C class (1920s, modernized in the 30s) to India.
- Démokretί Impérihan dί Brésil: The population drops to 95,500,000 this year due to the war. Trade with Europe, specifically with the Belkan Federation, France, and United Kingdom has proved fruitful, allowing for the flourishing of consumer goods, industrial technologies, and cultural exchanges. The Kancelierogang, Ludoviko Bunidakto, begins a nationwide tour to better promote the changed government and to develop a cult of personality. Catholicism and Nathanist Christianity begins to decline in favor of Bueĵocivίanism (Form of OTL Evangelicalism), a more spiritual doctrine of Christianity. It becomes widely popular due to its focus on salvation, as well as i’s movement toward more progressive ideas. The Diäsidentō, Klaŭdio Petrovik, begins investing more funds into public works and social programs. The program of Agoteríeom dί Sècuìl Sébufálité (OTL Social Security Agency; SSA) continues to be enacted. Music in the form of jaĵaezo (OTL Jazz) and gaíslo (OTL Country [Music]) spreads rapidly and becomes the largest genres played across the nation. A team of scientists, most notably Enrico Fermi, continue experimentation with nuclear energy. Many of the pioneers, including Mihkelo Thibeaux "T-Bone" Vallotton and Georges Berry. With the success in occupying Patagonié, the war turns toward Guyana. Due to unexpected numbers on the defending side, it is prompted that a total state of war is declared, and propaganda demonizing Guyana and the entire Burgundian Commonwealth as treacherous conquerors of the world is displayed throughout radio, music, and every other form of entertainment. All fronts are given an additional 200,000 soldiers to make up for casualties. With a large loss of civilian life due to Burgundian-led bombing raids, the war morale of the population inflates. Dutch lynchings begin being seen across various neighborhoods, and segregation against the Brésilian-Dutch population becomes rapidly more apparent as the conflict continues to evolve. Due to the declining number of industrial bases, all forms of domestic factories turn into war machines constantly putting out as many military equipment as possible. These happen in Peru and Argentine as well. This brings about the largest numbers in war aircraft in Brésilian history, as 17,000 newly-patented and created Fighters (Based on the OTL Fiat G.55 Centauro and the OTL Kawasaki Ki-45 Toryu) are deployed to combat the constantly attacking Dutch Air Force, along with 10,000 strategic bombers (Based on the OTL Piaggio P.108 Bombardiere) being used on densely populated civilian centers in Venezuela to bring as much destruction to the base population of Guyana as possible. The entire navy is moved to blockade the Guyana coast and cut off mainland-to-colony supply lines. Numbering eight battleships (based on the OTL Scharnhorst class), nine battle cruisers (based on of the OTL Kronshtadt-class), and 15 light cruisers (based on the OTL Dido class), assisted in general by 30 submarines (based on the OTL USS Gato (SS-212)). Large anti-air and general artillery is set up defensively in Patagonié. The first nuclear device, a bomb of sorts, enters production secretly.
- Aztláni Empire: A new year arises on the horizon for the Aztláni Empire as the world enters a new era. With the recent recent Union made with New Granada the Aztláni Government has begun the process of establishing a Collaborative Government in New Granada in which would take charge of the Internal Affairs of New Granada. With the Uniõ de Cádiz sending equipment to the Aztláni Military and with the continued improvement of relations with the Cádiz Government, the Aztláni Government has proposed an alliance with the Uniõ de Cádiz. With the continuation of the war between Burgundy and Brésil, the Aztláni military has been put on high alert as the Aztláni Empire prepares to intervene in Laurentia, an Aztláni Fleet composed of four Aircraft Carriers, six Heavy Cruisers, four Light Cruisers, 30 Destroyers and 40 Submarines has been amassed in the Gulf of Aztlán (OTL Gulf of Mexico), the 3.5 million men of the total 5.5 million men of the Aztláni National Army have been mobilized in New Granada as Airbases and Military Complexes are built in order to house the Aztláni Air Force composed of 240 Fighters, 300 Bombers and 150 Multi-Role Fighters. In preparation for the planned intervention in Laurentia, the Aztláni Government has ordered the development of Jet Fighters encouraged by the recent Rocket Fighters that had been previously developed in the Early 1940s. As of 1946 The Aircraft Manufacturing Company Monteiro had begun developing prototypes in order to put Aztlán forward in the Jetrace, such Prototypes included the Monteiro Mo101 (OTL Messerschmitt P.1099), Monteiro Mo102 (Messerschmitt P.1101) and the Monteiro Mo103 (OTL Messerschmitt P.1102) in which have been all tested with positive results as they are expected to be mass produced in 1948 with other designs being proposed as more prototype Jet fighters and Bombers are being developed in order to fully modernize the Aztláni Air Force. With the Second Ohioan Revolt and the Fascist Rebellion in Savannah, 350,000 Aztláni Troops are sent into Savannah in order to support the Ohioan and Fascist Savannahian Rebels as the Tanks sent by Iberia are sent to the Ohioan Military as Military advisors are sent to Ohio in order to help organize the Ohioan Military. With the Uniõ de Cádiz detonating their first Nuclear Bomb and Brésil developing their own Nuclear Weapons, Conductor Cavaco has ordered the establishment of a Nuclear Program in order to compete with Belka, Iberia and Brésil known as the Kalifornia Project led by Nuclear Physicist Sebastião Paiva. With the commencement of the Kalifornia Project once again Chief of the Army General Staff Eutimio Gomes has proposed a Union with Texas due to the discovery of a Uranium Deposit there despite the presence of other Deposits in the provinces of Gran California and Montezuma. The Imperial Intelligence Agency (IIA) is formed in order to serve as an Intelligence Agency in order to counter enemy efforts to destabilize the nation after the Secret Police find evidence of the Revolutionary Trade Unions plotting to overthrow the Aztláni Government having been funded by the Alaskan Government as they also find evidence of Brésilian attempts to form a resistance movement in New Granada along with discovering the presence of Brésilian Spies. In response to these revelations, an Aztláni Army of 1.5 million men launch an Invasion of Arcadia in order to counter the Alaskan Efforts as they quickly blitz through the nation supported by Artillery and Aerial Forces as the Aztláni Air Forces bombs major Arcadian Cities as Aztláni Supreme Military Command expects a total victory over Arcadia by Mid 1948. In addition to the Invasion of Arcadia, the Aztláni Government cuts off all ties to Brésil and Alaska.
- Governate of New Granada: A Collaborative Government is successfully established as it is led by famous New Granadian Fontenist Politician Lúcio Miranda. The 1947 Census sees the New Granadian Population reach 27,450,000 people. In order to support the recent Aztláni Mobilization against Brésil, Miranda ordered the construction of a Highway system similar to the Aztláni Highway system along with the construction of Military Complexes and Airbases. The New Granadian Military reaches three million men as 2.4 million men are mobilized against Brésil as the rest are kept as a Reserve Force, the New Granadian Navy composed of one Battleship, two Heavy Cruisers, six Light Cruisers, 15 Destroyers and 20 Submarines are stationed at the port of Cartagena as the New Grandian Air Force begins to take shape as fighters and bombers are purchased from the Aztláni Government most of them being outdated though still being able to proving to be dangerous in the skies. A series of defensive fortifications is built along the border with Brésil and Peru in preparation for the Aztláni-led Intervention in Brésil.
- Vinland: The 1947 presidential elections are won by the Vinland's Future party which receives 60.8% of all votes and secures a majority in the congress. The new prime minister orders the Vinland's army to fully mobilize and orders The navy to prepare for defensive positions. This is mainly done to prevent any surprise attacks from Aztlán. Work is started on a main battle tank. (More to come)
- Imperial Swahili Federation: Academic cooperation with India continues. The Alliance University of Science and Technology is established near the Allied Research Institute, providing skilled scientists to the quickly expanding institute. The movement of the Swahili capital has led to an economic stimulation in inner Swahili. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. New tanks, armoured cars, motorcycles, artillery, machineguns, mortars and infantry weapons are also developed in light of the recent war. The Swahili Army is mobilized against British invasion, with hundreds of thousands of men swarming to the highly fortified border against the British. The home fleet is tasked to engage the British fleet descending on the heartland, while retired battleships are sent back into battle to bolster the home fleet. The fortification expert is sent to construct coastal defences along the Heartland coast. Many of the new Russom Impundulu are sent to the Zanzibar front against the British fleet. Development of jet aircraft begins at Russom. The numerous islands in the Swahili coast serve as radar bases, notifying Swahili command of the positions of the British fleet, while antiair guns and coastal defences constructed along the coast and on islands are used to prevent sudden British action. Several newly arrived jets are sent to the Zanzibar Front. Russom Impundulus are also prioritised for the Zanzibar front. Following the arrival of the Indian Fleet, the Swahili Home Fleet, supplemented by converted escort carriers, retired, refitted battleships and emergency constructed destroyers, intercepted the British fleet in the Mozambique Channel during a British patrol. The Indian Fleet swiftly joins, enveloping the British fleet and striking from the back. The relative narrowness of the Channel meant that British aircraft carriers were unable to operate at their optimum efficiency. Meanwhile, Russom Impundulus and newly purchased jets swarm to the skies, overwhelming British fighter defences. Swahili naval bombers then join in, attacking British ships while they are distracted by quickly approaching Swahili and Indian surface craft. Swahili requests a reprieval from the Malta Naval Treaty in light of the British attack.
- Kingdom of Burgundy and Commonwealth allies: at the start of the year, coalition ground forces number around two million; 700,000 Guyanese, 600,000 Burgundians, 400,000 Borealians, and the remaining 300,000 being a mixture of Marylanders, Kubans, Jaymaikans, Nieuw Zeelanders, and Patagoniën exiles. The armor support of the coalition sees upgrades this year, with the introductions of the Rupspanzer VIII Light tank (OTL M41), and the Rupspanzer IX Beatrice medium tank (OTL M46). Enough Rupspanzer VII Elisabeth II heavy tanks (OTL T32) are sent to outfit a single heavy tank battalion, though they’re kept in reserve for the time. Many of the Rupspanzer IV Ausf. 3 hulls slated for retirement are converted to carry 6” and 8” Coalition anti-air crews continue extracting a heavy toll from Brésilian bomber raids due to the pre-war adoption of the proximity fuse, with Brésilian losses estimated to be many times higher than they would’ve been had they been firing shells with conventional fuses. Efforts are taken to relief the jet fuel shortage, though their lost missions have minimal effect on the Burgundian air campaign at large, as the total number of jets in the war theater number around 1,500. The navy sees the introduction of two new classes of ships, the Inquisituer-class heavy cruiser (OTL Des Moines) and the Worcester-class AA light cruiser (OTL ship of the same name). The Inquisituers that join the fleet are equipped with autoloading 8” main batteries, allowing an unrivaled rate of fire compared to contemporary cruisers. Both types replace the venerable 1.57” LaK 28 aa cannons with multiple mounts of the new 3” AK (Automatesch Kanone) L/50 C/43, designed to take full advantage of the increase effectiveness of aa guns allowed by the proximity fuse. The six dual 6” turrets on the Worcesters are also dual purpose, allowing the ship the greatest volume of AA fire in the fleet. King Rogier, hearing of the nuclear tests by Belka and Cadiz, gives Commonwealth scientists authorization to develop and construct such a weapon. Trying to combat inflation, serval war bond tours are undertaken through Burgundy and Borealia. Exhibits such as captured Brésilian tanks and planes are shown off, and soldiers of famous repute for actions on the battlefield make appearances to encourage war bond purchases. Nevertheless, coalition commanders recognize the need for a decisive victory. The opportunity arises when submarine pickets alert the Navy of the movement of the Brésilian battle fleet toward Guyanese waters. Admiral Raymond Spruance orders the coalition capital ships available, amounting to eight fast battleships and five battlecruisers, and their screening forces, to intercept. Admiral Marc Mitscher, however, despite not having orders to do so - yet also not having orders disallowing it - orders his carrier task group, eight fleet carriers and five light carriers, to launch an air assault on the Brésilian battle group, which sorted without air cover of their own.
The United Kingdom changes tactics, its troops in Africa dig in, allowing British bombers time to hit major Swahili cities with incendiary bombs causing devastation across the south of the country. The Royal Navy falls back from its forward positions to defend supply routes across to Australia and blockade the continent. More jets are deployed and the number of jet fighters rises to 280 in Africa with another 40 deployed as torpedo bombers in western Australia.
The heads of government of Borealia and Maryland meet in March and in a join resolution withdraw their support for the war in Guyana, refusing to send more of their soldiers, wealth, and prosperity to the forests and jungles of South America. The news severely damages morale and sees many Borealians and Marylanders simply lay down their arms and walk to boats to be taken home. The countries cite growing strategic differences between Burgundy and themselves.
In Indonesia, high taxes due to war time and the lack of Burgundian ships to enforce the will of the homeland causes a widespread revolt in Java and Sumatra.
The Aztlán invasion of Arcadia meets an uninspired Arcadian military equipped with inferior planes, small arms, and armor. Aztlán forces break through the Arcadian lines and stream northward with only limited resistance.
Brésil's forces invading Guyana on the western flank suffer harsh attrition due to disease and lack of adequate supplies. Trucks, communication's cars, and even tanks become stuck in the difficult terrain forcing a withdraw after several weeks. The Burgundians are even less prepared for the jungle warfare and commanders refuse to follow the retreating Brésilians. Although the Burgundians try to use airpower to destroy the retreating troops, dense foliage obscures the Brésilian forces and they make it back to their point of supply with 35,000 casualties, largely due to disease.
The abject destruction of the Brésilian Fleet reveals the power of the aircraft carrier. In Brésil the news obliterates support for the war and many ask why the government failed to send more airpower to defend and support the capitalships.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The Iberian film industry’s growth accelerates with the proliferation of television and radio technology. Already among the largest film industries, Cordoba becomes something of a film Mecca, especially neighborhood of El Bosque de Acebo. The beautiful semi-arid terrain of southern Iberia portrays the many deserts and other semi-arid regions of the world and the battles of colonization. Aztlán, in particular, is a target of international sales, albeit often with some censoring. Production of the CM. 46/L M continues with 273 completed at years end, one of the first “Main Battle Tanks,” the CM. 46/L M stacks up favorably compared to essentially every other tank in the world as far as Union tank designers are aware. Bolt-on spaced armor is added to the tanks after testing of shaped-charges reveals that they can penetrate upward of 250 mm of steel armor with ease. Reports on the MM. 40/L P Tanks in Ohio show that the vehicles are already quite obsolete and should be relegated to infantry support roles. With this knowledge most of them are re-armed with a 150 mm anti-bunker gun. However, 24 of the tanks are equipped with quad 100 mm recoilless-rifles mounted to a gun-shield. It is discovered that High-Explosive Squash-Head rounds are incredibly effective in both bunker-busting and tank-killing with the 150 mm gun and thus the MM. 40/L Ps ought to be effective light tanks for some time to come. With the air force up-to-date on its airframes Reavion returns to the drawing board to begin design for a new generation of jet aircraft. However, in the meantime Sobremarinho, in conjunction with Avia presents a new long-range bomber to the air force procurement division. The Avia-Sobremarinho Vulcano (OTL Vulcan but with shorter range and less advanced technology), featuring quad-jet engines and a range of 2,100 km, the plane can carry the rapidly developing nuclear bombs present in the Union’s nuclear arsenal. The University of Barcelona continues its research, building more test and breeder reactors to develop the science even further. The test-reactors becomes increasingly advanced and energy production from each new reactor trends higher. Breeder reactor prototypes become increasingly complex and successful in producing plutonium isotopes. Work commences on a moltan-salt cooled reactor to burn radioactive waste produced by the development of bombs and production of plutonium. The development of a small-ship borne nuclear reactor for use in carriers is undertaken, but the work is slow and a suitable reactor is expected in 1952. A second nuclear device is tested near the first blast zone, increasing the yield to 35 kt. Work continues on a plutonium implosion device, and a test is predicted for next year. With the atomic age apparent, atom-mania grips the country and nuclear research receives funding at breakneck speeds. Overall population stands at 96.34 million. The decision to leave the Malta Treaty made, six new fleet carrier hulls of 55,000 tons displacement are ordered over the next three years. A total redesign of the Union Navy’s strategy is called for and the two Alto Duro class ships are scrapped, reducing the battleship fleet to a more manageable six ships. The Valiente class is expected to be finished next year and comes equipped with best in the world radar.
- Free Alaskan Republic: When President Dzhugashvili recieaves the message of an Aztláni invasion in Arcadia, he is furious, yet this is the exact moment he waited for. Knowing that an official decleration of war would be incredibly dangerous, he sends 150.000 men who are permanently stationed at the southern border to seize Resnov Island (OTL Vancouver Island) and the surrounding bay under the pretext of a "defensive act of territorial custody", meaning that the area would be handed over to Arcadia when the conflict is over and Arcadia has remained a victorious, sovereign nation. Due to the fact that this is not a decleration of war by any means and is supposed to be a peace-keeping mission, Alaska declares itself neutral in the conflict. Meanwhile, Alaska calls the international community to condemn Aztlán's imperial ambitions and boycotting their goods (MOD/PLAYER RESPONSE, PLEASE). The Ministry of economic planning and development has decided according to prior agreement with the Council of Trade-Unions that the heavy industry will be prepared for an eventual war withing the next two to three years. The Union for Miners and Oildrillers agrees to give priority to the war effort instead of the export-sector. In spring, the Ministry of Defense starts a program for the development of a new machine gun, the "Awtomat Romanescuwa 48", commonly known as AR-48 (OTL AKM 7.62 mm assault rifle), an assault rifal inspired by the russian assault rifles, yet it has quite some modifications. The gun is known, just like the russian original, for its reliance in battle and its unimaginable stability and long life. The plans for german destroyers are immediately put into action, the first destroyers are set up this year.
- Aztláni Response: In response to the actions of the Free Alaskan Republic, the Aztláni Pacific Fleet composed of one Aircraft Carrier, three Battleships, five Battlecrusiers, two Heavy Crusiers and te Destroyers is sent off the coast of Resnov Island with orders to no open fire as a demonstration of Aztláni Power as Conductor Cavaco has stated that Alaska's Military is inferior to the Aztláni Imperial Military and that its war preparations are only a bluff as the Arcadian Military is near collaspe.
- Alaskan Dip: The president makes clear that Aztláni imperialism will not intimidate Alaska, and that they will honor the treaty of friendship signed a few years ago, when the Aztláni Empire does the same and recognizes the Alaskan claim on the Resnov region, since the region is rightfully Alaskan clay since 1915.
- Aztláni Empire: With the collapse of the Arcadian Army and the Aztláni Forces gaining aerial superiority, Operation Dominance was initiated as an airborne and amphibious assault was executed against the defending Arcadian Forces as 200,000 men land behind enemy lines in order to surround the remaining Arcadian forces, due to having aerial superiority the Operation sees major success as the Arcadian Forces are near collapse (Mod Response) with this plans are made to establish a Collaborative Government in Arcadia in 1949 as a Provisional Government is set up in New Leipzig. With the destruction of the Brésilian Fleet and Borealia and Maryland taking away their support from Burgundy, the Aztláni Empire formerly declares War on Brésil in order to support its Burgundian Allies as 350,000 more troops are sent to assist the Aztláni Troops in New Granada as the Aztláni Southern Army Group reaches 3,850,000 men. With the Aztláni Intervention in Laurentia underway, Operation Rising Sun is initiated as 1.2 million Aztláni Troops along with 965,000 New Granadian Forces invade Peru in order to ease off the pressure from Guyana, in order to support the Invasion, the Aztláni Air Force launches Bombing raids against Peruvian cities as the Monteiro Mo101, Mo102 and Mo103 are put into action as they begin to be mass-produced as the Aztláni National Army is supported by over 600 Tanks as they roll into Peru most of them being the Vespa Medium Tank (OTL Panzer IV Medium Tank). A New series of Prototypes of introduced, the Monteiro Mo104 (OTL Heinkel H343),the Monteiro Mo Mo105 (OTL Heinkel P.1079), Monteiro Mo106 (OTL Messerschmitt P.1111) and the Monteiro Mo107 (OTL Horten H.XVIII) in order to continue advancements in the Aztláni Jet Program. The Aztláni Caribbean Fleet composed of four Aircraft Carriers, nine Battleships, five Battlecruisers, six Heavy Cruisers, five Light Cruisers, ten Destroyers and 15 Submarines is sent to the South Pacific Ocean in order to gain Naval supremacy in the region as another smaller Task Force composed of two Battleships, four Battlecruisers, two Heavy Cruisers, three Light Cruisers, 25 Destroyers and 40 Submarines is sent to the Atlantic in order to cut off Foreign support to Brésil and to sink convoys as the Aztláni Navy conducts a strategy of unrestricted submarine warfare against any convoy bound for Brésil as the Aztláni Government warns any nation that sending supply convoys the Naval War Zone will result in those convoy’s being sunk. A small Force composed of 250,000 Aztláni and 150,000 New Granadian Troops are sent Guyana in order to assist Burgundy against the Brésilian Forces. Back in Arcadia, the 350,000 Troops in Savannah are reinforced by 50,000 troops, as Aztláni Supreme Military High Command orders the Aztlán Forces present in Savannah to fully occupy the nation in support of the Ohioan Rebels and the Fascists in order to help restore order and soon form a Fascist Collaborative Government. In addition to these military actions, the Aztláni Nuclear Program continues to see progress as Nuclear Physicist Sebastião Paiva has stated that Aztlán could be able to test its first nuclear bomb by 1951. In order to boost the Nuclear Program in which requires Uranium, Aztláni Supreme Military High Command has suggested a Union with Texas as they propose that if such Union shall take place Texas would be given control over its Internal Affairs along with having the same privileges as New Granada (Mod Response Needed).
- Governate of New Granada: With the Aztláni Declaration of War against Brésil, the New Granadian Military having sent 1,115,000 men in order to assist Aztlán and Burgundy increases its size to 4.5 million men as three million men are mobilized against Brésil as the Fortifications on the border with Brésil continue to be built. A Second Line of Fortifications 150 km behind the First Line begins to be built as a means to prevent any Brésilian Invasion of New Granada. With the help of the Aztláni Government, the New Granadian Air Force is able to begin producing its first Jet Fighter, the Andorinha X-5 in which is a slightly modified version of the Monteiro Mo102.
- Vinland: Seeing the recent Aztlán tank development, work is resumed on the First official Tank Destroyer battalion (each battalion consists of 100 tank destroyers). The majority of these are the 45-Hellfire tank destroyer but also some some 44-firewheel. The prime minister invites New England, Alaska and Borealia to discuss the construction of n undeground nuclear safe shelter (NEW ENGLAND, ALASKAN AND BORELIAN RESPONSE NEEDED). The congress authorizes the creation of a new department to the government called the Ministry of Defense and Advanced Weaponry.
Démokretί Impérihan dί Brésil: The population drops to 94,000,000 this year due to the war. Trade with Europe, specifically with the Belkan Federation, France, and United Kingdom has proved fruitful, allowing for the flourishing of consumer goods, industrial technologies, and cultural exchanges. The Kancelierogang, Ludoviko Bunidakto, begins a nationwide tour to better promote the changed government and to develop a cult of personality. Catholicism and Nathanist Christianity begins to decline in favor of Bueĵocivίanism (Form of OTL Evangelicalism), a more spiritual doctrine of Christianity. It becomes widely popular due to its focus on salvation, as well as its movement toward more progressive ideas. The Diäsidentō, Klaŭdio Petrovik, begins investing more funds into public works and social programs. The program of Agoteríeom dί Sècuìl Sébufálité (OTL Social Security Agency; SSA) continues to be enacted. Music in the form of jaĵaezo (OTL Jazz) and gaíslo (OTL Country [Music]) spreads rapidly and becomes the largest genres played across the nation. A team of scientists, most notably Enrico Fermi, continue experimentation with nuclear energy. Many of the pioneers, including Mihkelo Thibeaux "T-Bone" Vallotton and Georges Berry. With the success in occupying Patagonie, the war turns toward Guyana. Due to unexpected numbers on the defending side, it is prompted that a total state of war is declared, and propaganda demonizing Guyana and the entire Burgundian Commonwealth as treacherous conquerors of the world is displayed throughout radio, music, and every other form of entertainment. The entire air force begins making massive counter-bombing attacks against all primary industrial centers and air fields as early as a week after the New Year, and attacks are systematically made every single day. With a large loss of civilian life due to Burgundian-led bombing raids, the war morale of the population inflates. Dutch lynchings begin being seen across various neighborhoods, and segregation against the Brésilian-Dutch population becomes rapidly more apparent as the conflict continues to evolve. Due to the declining number of industrial bases, all forms of domestic factories turn into war machines constantly putting out as many military equipment as possible. These happen in Peru and Argentine as well. With the war having killed hundreds of thousands of soldiers and the major loss of life reported, it is decided that the war is needing to be over soon. After two years of mandatory conscription along with extensive training, the main campaign in Guyana is renewed with 7.4 million troops in total, maxing out the main able-bodied service men and again the largest army ever fostered by the government. In Guyana, the force is numbered at
6.2 millionsoldiers, and having been equipped with gas masks and other protective gear, the first major Chlorine gas-assisted offenses begins early in the year as a means of effectively breaking through the stagnating lines and push a powerful offensive through the nation with the assistance of strategic bombing and tanks. In Peru, a force of 1.2 million is placed at the defenses built a year prior, using anti-aircraft and anti-tank artillery to properly defend the area, as well as using guerrilla tactics in most geographically difficult areas. With the destruction of the main fleet last year, it becomes one of the worst naval battles in Brésilian history due to its lack of management. As such, heavy anti-aircraft artillery is set up in major coastal cities and a force of 9,000 Fighters begin mandatory attacks against the Burgundian navy as a means of destroying much of their attacking fleet and ultimately defending the nation from shelling. Secretly, the first atomic bomb is produced and tested this year with very good statistics in terms of destructive capabilities, and by next year, two more atomic bomb will be produced in case of the war going farther south.
Rupǎblikés dί Peru et Argentine:' 'The Aztlánti victory on the coast of Peru against the joint Brésilian-Peruvian-Argentine ignites open rebellion and eventual Revolution, with the Ligue de Libération des Laurentia taking over the Parliament of Lima, declaring complete and total independence from Brésil, actively oppposing both the Aztlánti Invasion of our shores and the Brésilian occupation of our land. The leader of "We have been beaten back from our own shores by the Imperialist forces of Aztlán, causing the other Empire, the Brésilian Empire, to fail in protecting us, their entire reason for their occupation is now void, only we should have the power to decide who we go to war with, only we shall decide our future, and we decide to be free from all Empires, for today we declare our independence from all who want to invade and rule us! I call upon every worker in the factory, every farmer in the field, every miner in the mine, every fisherman on the coast to take up arms against the Empires who try to subject us. From here on, we declare our independence as the Rupǎbliké di Laurentia, and we demand the immediate end of the Aztlánti Invasion and the Brésilian occupation!" With this declaration of Independence, a new Consitution is drafted, recognizing Peru and Argentine as two consitutent states united under one Republic, one cause, the cause of freedom. The Declaration of Laurentian Independence launches the Laurentinian War of Independence, which sparks socialist guerrillas and militias to wage full scale guerrilla war across Peru, taking control of factories, and railroads, destroying supply depots, nuclear reactors, and attacking Brésilian military positions. On the coast, regular Peruvian-Argentine forces fortify and entrench their positions to prevent further Aztláni advancement into the Peruvian coast. Smaller scale riots and rebellions happen in Argentine, with the spirit of independence against Brésil still living, especially with being forced to the frontlines of the Guyanan front.
Only 3.6 million men are able to reach the front with Guyana, the others remain trapped in camps awaiting transport to the fighting.
- United States of Germany: The German economy has benefited from Belkan businesses and the lasting effects of their economic boom many years earlier still lingered around longer until this recently. There were rumors of (OTL) Uranium deposits in the Erzgebirge, several mining camps existed prior to this but government interest had not been heightened until 1948 when countries started producing nuclear weapons. A new German mining company, Wismut, was rumored to have discovered on Uranium deposits since 1946 but has not brought it to government attention until 1948. Upon discovery of Uranium deposits in the region, the German government bought out the mining company and absorbed it to a government research agency (IRONICALLY) called "Group 935" to oversee the use the Uranium mining sites in hopes to find an alternative fuel source, as oil was considered a non-renewable resources and concerns about it running out had been recently made.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: Academic cooperation with India continues. The Allied Research Institute begins programs for the develop of jet engines. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. New tanks, armoured cars, motorcycles, artillery, machineguns, mortars and infantry weapons designed has been adopted, featuring much modernized technology. The Swahili Army is mobilized against British invasion, with hundreds of thousands of men swarming to the highly fortified border against the British. With the retreat of the British fleet, Swahili patrols and smaller task forces are split off to launch raids on British supply lines. Meanwhile, the alleviation of the Heartland Invasion has allowed Russom Impundulus and Burgundian Jets to be diverted to the South African front, where they are able to engage against British jets. Detailed information about each engagement is sent to Burgundy as part of the purchase deal. Swahili Bombers and task forces prioritize striking British Airfields in Southern Africa in order to neutralize British jets, hoping to catch British forces off guard. As a result, infrared sighting devices has quickly advanced, allowing the air units to engage the British with more flexibility and efficiency and to conduct accurate night raids. Anti-aircraft guns are constructed in major cities of Southern Swahili and a militia is conscripted to be placed on constant alert against British attacks. A priority is placed on shooting down a British jet fighter with anti-aircraft guns, in the hopes of retrieving the wreckage for study. In Southern Africa, indigenous African independence movement, resistance movements and Pan-African ideology are sponsored in order to promote a general resistance of Africans against the British. Swahili agents point to the British extermination in Uluru, implying that one toward the African people will soon follow and that Swahili would lead the Africans into liberation. Swahili requests a reprieval from the Malta Naval Treaty in light of the British attack.
- German Dip: There has been rumors going around about several major nations already withdrawing from the Malta Naval Treaty.
- Kingdom of Burgundy and Commonwealth allies: the destruction of the Brésilian fleet is hailed as the most one-sided victory in history, with almost 40,000 Brésilian sailors killed or captured, with the loss of around 30 naval aviators. The victory ensures Burgundian control of the sea, as well as the continued ability to supply the forces in Guyana, with hundreds of thousands of trucks and other transport vehicles helping keep the front lines supplied. Once more, news comes at the beginning of the year that full air superiority has been established over the combat zone in Guyana (algo coming).
The unilateral decision by the governments of Maryland and Borealia to withdraw from the conflict therefore immediately is lambasted. In the Borealian Parliament, MP Willem Kasich, although a member of the ruling party, gives a fiery speech against the government, “at the moment when forces allied against the expansion of tyranny and oppression have won the single most decisive naval battle in human history, at the time when or brave sons have wrestled away control of the air, this government, against all precedent, has decided to unilaterally withdraw from this great conflict, content to see our brothers and sisters subjected as the enslaved and oppressed, such as what we see already done on those Dutch-Burgundians who live within Brésil. This has gone past simple cowardice and appeasement. This has instead entered the realm of aiding the enemies of our people! Into the realm of treason!” Backed by renewed popular support, Willem Kasich leads a political coup within his party, and succeeds in forming a grand coalition in conjunction with the Borealian opposition. A similar series of events occur in Maryland, with the Prime Minister seeing the writing on the wall regarding support for his governments decision, and resigns his seat, which, like in Borealia, gives way to a grand majority & opposition coalition. Both states recommit in full, with Borealia matching Burgundys move this year to reinforce their coalition forces with 200,000 troops.With those, plus the 400,000 from Aztlán and New Granada, and a few additional troops from Kuba and Maryland, Allied troops in Guyana exceed three million.The Guyanese army rises to 900,000 troops (the max allowed it by limited conscription), with the newer troops kept in the rear helping with the supply situation while also getting additional experience and training, allowed the more trained and experienced units to reinforce the front. With the Brésilian Navy defeated several Burgundian task groups set up off the coast near the front, providing continuous naval support from the ground troops. Several battleship and carrier squadrons continue with their bombardments of Brésilian coastal targets. Against the enemy fighters sent to harass them, the Navy’s radar-directed aa guns, plus their extensive use of the proximity fuse, extract a heavy toll on those fighters. The first squadron of B-36 Friddenstifters arrive in Karakel (OTL Caracas). Due to their mixed jet and propeller arrangement, the crews adopt the motto “Sechs Dréinen Véier Brennen” (eng: six turn, four burn). With a service ceiling of 44,000 feet, and a top speed of 435 miles per hour, like the B-49, it is capable of flying higher and faster than any Brésilian interceptor. However, while the B-49 can carry 16,000 pounds of ordnance, the B-36 can carry 72,000 pounds of ordnance. The 16-plane bomber wing makes its combat debut in a bombing raid over Saint-Denis, and though one of the bombers is lost on landing, none of the bombers are lost to enemy action. The Kinnigräich aviation company introduces the F-84 Donnerstrich jet fighter (OTL F-84F), though originally designed with straight wings, swept wings were added to match performance with Nord Acadisch’s FJ-2 Fuerig slated to enter service with the Navy, as such its the first conventional swept wing fighter to enter service with the Burgundian Air Force or with the air forces of the commonwealth. In Indonesia, with the Javan and Sumatran revolts, even though few additional taxes have been leveled against the protectorates, and they largely acted as a supply base for the militaries in Guyana, the loyalist governments request Malayan and Nieuw Zeelander assistance, with the latter also bringing to bear its two older battleships that are part of its navy. With naval support and armor support in the form of older Rupspanzer IV Ausf. 1 and 2 tanks, the undisciplined and unorganized revolt is put down quickly by loyalist, Malayan, and Nieuw Zeelander forces. A peacekeeping force of Malayan and Nieuw Zeelander troops remain to help the governments keep order, though its recognized those government will require Burgundian assistance in restructuring their administrative sector, as it seems the revolt was largely against the ineptitude of the local governments.Burgundian physicists achieve an artificial nuclear reaction, and begin putting that knowledge toward developing a bomb. With the latest Brésilian offensive underway, and the realization that this could be the decisive battle, some 2.5 million coalition troops are stationed on the front line or in supporting positions. The older Rupspanzer IV medium tanks have by and large been replaced on front line duties by the Rupspanzer IX Beatrice (OTL M46), and the reserve heavy tank battalions of Rupspanzer VIII Elisabeth II’s (OTL T32) have been moved up to defensive positions. While the latter would be unsuited for offensive operations, they are ideally suited for fitting in with the fixed defenses. The army’s heavy 6” and 8” self-propelled guns are also brought up, their medium tank chassis’ allowing them to make it. The Navy and Air Force, with their recently established superiority in their respective areas, also provide heavy support.
- Mod: Not only are you basically just rewriting the current turn, this is heavily implausible due to your current circumstances, both economically and militarily.
A shortage of qualified nuclear engineers and scientists cause delays in Aztlán's Nuclear Program, scientists expect a functional bomb no sooner than 1953.
Burgundy's debt balloons with the withdrawal of Borealia and Maryland from the war. With taxes already among the highest in the world the country suffers from rapidly increasing inflation rates. Spending on the navy, research and development, and other military projects comes under increased attack as citizens in Burgundy question the wisdom of the war in Guyana. Bonds programs essentially fail as citizens in Burgundy are already under significant tax burden and feel only limited patriotic connection to the war, despite the victory.
Savannah's remaining Marsanist-Syndicalists are crushed by Aztlán's troops. Although terror attacks continue most of the country falls in line behind the Ohio-based Aztlán Puppet government. Further west Texas agrees to the union.
Brésil begins to suffer under the blockade by Burgundian and Aztláni naval forces. Although smugglers do make it through on a regular basis the major ports of Brésil remain largely unreachable. The bombing campaign by Burgundy results in falling production in Brésil, and the situation grows dire.
Borealia and Maryland form the Pact of Zeestad, named for the city it was signed in, the countries extend offers of military alliance to Vinland and Alaska, as well as Scandinavia, Russia, and Germany. A secret delegation of the pact arrives in Brésil to discuss helping Brésil defeat Aztlán.
The United Kingdom's air power in South Africa prevents Swahili Bombers form gaining sucess in their efforts, and with neither side able to make a brekthrough, the UK turns its efforts to finishing its grim work in Uluru. The civilian deathtoll already at 7.2 million the British begin rounding-up Ulurans in the countryside, while continuing the blockades on cities.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The Iberian film industry’s growth places it among the top in the world, propelling Iberia and the Iberosphere in general to new cultural heights. Exported movies support a young but growing theme of dubbed movies. Overall the economy grows but a rocky stock-market prompts some investors to worry about the future. Production of the CM. 46/L M continues with 575 completed at years end. With the air force up-to-date on its airframes Reavion returns to the drawing board to begin design for a new generation of jet aircraft. The company does release its Reavion Fúria, a carrier based version of the Sable. The Avia-Sobremarinho Vulcan goes into production with an order for a full wing of 50 planes. The University of Barcelona continues its research, building more test and breeder reactors to develop the science even further. The test-reactors becomes increasingly advanced and energy production from each new reactor trends higher. Breeder reactor prototypes become increasingly complex and successful in producing plutonium isotopes. A third and fourth nuclear device are tested near the first blast zone, increasing the yield to 25 kt and 77 kt respectively. These devices are both Plutonium based using the shell-implosion system. However, the second bomb demonstrates the limitations of conventional nuclear bombs and a hypothetical upper-limit of efficiency is fund at around 50 kt. The researchers thus begin working on a new form of nuclear bomb, one which will ignite the air itself. With the atomic age apparent, atom-mania grips the country and nuclear research receives funding at breakneck speeds. Overall population stands at 96.69 million. Two of the six 55,000 ton carrier hulls are completed and another two laid-down. The Valiente class enters service, although nominally 35,000 tons the ships prove closer to 50,000 tons when completed. With the advent of the Reavion Fùria the navy faces a problem. Every Cruiser Escort Carrier ever built is too short to reach the 108 knots required for takeoff. Thus, the navy looks into either refitting the Cruiser Escort Carrier fleet with more powerful catapults or as heavy cruisers. After the committee discovers that the ships cannot be readily converted or upgraded the decision is made to simply persist with the older ships, now equipped with Huricanas armed with light bomb loads and rockets for anti-ship engagements. Over the next decade the ships will be scrapped and replaced by a new line of Flightdeck Cruisers of 25,000 tons, massive compared to previous ships (OTL Alaska Class Hull). The Asemblea class Cruiser Escort Carriers are to be re-equipped with a mixture of helicopters and Huricanas, have their fore guns removed and gain a longer filight deck. Avia also looks into installing turbo-prop engines in the Huricanas for naval use to boost their speed and power. After only eight months of development the Sobremarinho Sobremarinho Huricana LB.2/45B Turbo is presented to the navy as a major update to the aging Huricanas.
- Aztláni Empire: The year of 1949 has proven to be a huge challenge for the Aztláni Empire. With the delays in the Aztláni Nuclear Program, Sebastião Paiva has requested that Aztláni would need to recruit foreign scientists in order to boost the program. However, Conductor Cavaco has insisted that, Aztlán shall conduct its military programs alone without foreign support. With the collapse of the Marsanist-Syndicalists in Savannah and Texas signing a Union Treaty with the Aztláni Empire, three Collaborative Governments are formed in the form of the Governorates of Savannah, Ohio and Texas while Plans are made to combine these three Governorates into a Proposed Governorate of Greater Arcadia. In Savannah the number of troops present is increased to 700,000 men in order to crush the remaining Marsanist-Syndicalist Insurgency. With the formation of the Pact of Zeestad, the Aztláni Empire begins to be suspicious of their activities as IIA sends agents to Zeestad in order to monitor the activity of the members of the Pact of Zeestad. In Peru, Operation Tidal Wave is initiated, as Carrier-Based Aircraft and Bombers bomb the cities of Arequipa and Chimbote along with a Naval Bombardment of Lima in which is followed 900,000 men land in the Peruvian Capital city of Lima having secured Naval superiority to conduct the operation. 150,000 Additional Paratroopers land in Arequipa to prevent the arrival of reinforcements as the city has suffered from heavy Aerial Bombardment, with the enactment of Operation Tidal Wave the 2,100,000 Aztláni-New Granadian Forces in Northern Peru launch an offensive against the defending Brésilian-Peruvian Forces in which further weakens them. The Aztláni Air Force launches countless air raids against the Defending Forces as an Air Fleet of over 3,000 Fighters and Bombers launch Bombing raids against the Defenders as the Monteiro Mo104 to Mo106 are put into production and service. In order to counter the fact that many enemy troops are able to evade our Forces in the Rainforest, the Aztláni Government has begun developing a Chemical and Bioweapons Program in order to counter the Brésilian Guerrilla and to use it as a Maravilhosa Arma or Wonder Weapon in order to end the war with Brésil. As the War with Brésil continues efforts are made to create a Guided Missile in which would be used to strike Brésilian Cities where the Aztláni Air Force can’t. With the successful development of previous Rocket-Fighters, the Aztláni Government has set forth a Long Range Guided Ballistic Missile Project headed by Lourenço Vasconcelos (OTL Equivalent to Wernher von Braun) and Veríssimo Abril (OTL Equivalent to Alexander Lippisch) who had successfully designed the Aztláni Monteiro Mo63 Rocket Fighter (OTL Messerschmitt Me163) the first Aztláni Rocket Fighter. Both Aerospace Engineers would take charge of the Aztláni GBM Project in which would serve as a replacement to the Nuclear Program as it has been in delay. In Aztlán, Project Autopista sees great success as 65% of the planned Aztláni Highway system is completed as plans are made to expand Project Autopista to Texas, Savannah and Ohio. Plans are made to extend the Trans-Arcadian Highway further South through Panama and toward Bogota. In Aztlán, Operation Wipeout is initiated as Conductor Cavaco orders a military crackdown against many Labor Unions who have been accused of Plotting to overthrow the Government. Cavaco has denounced these Unions accusing them to be Marsanist-Syndicalist as 1,000 members of many Labor Unions are executed this year. In addition to this, Aztláni Troops finally force the remnants of the Arcadian Military to surrender thus ending the Second Aztláni-Arcadian War and reintegrating Kalifornia in the Aztláni Empire as Cavaco has declared that he has succeeded where the Mehican Empire had failed. A military parade similar to the one held approximately ten years ago is held in the Capital, as Cavaco has declared that the 7th of July, the day when Arcadia had capitulated during the Second Aztláni-Arcadian War would be known as Vengeance Day, in which Aztlán reversed the effects of the Russian invasion of California.
- Governorate of New Granada: In New Granada, Project Autopista is introduced in the nation as highways are built in order to quickly send troops to the frontline. The First Line of Fortifications on the border with Brésil are 75% Complete while the Second Line is 30% complete, the three million troops placed on the border with Brésil remain within the First Line of Defense and remain in a defensive stand despite the recent Aztláni gains in Peru. Minor Raids are conducted on the Brésilian border but no attempt is made to launch a Major Offensive. The New Granadian Fleet is sent to assist the Aztláni-Burgundian blockade of the Brésil in order to reinforce the blockade and prevent smugglers from breaching the blockade.
- Governorate of Savannah: In Savannah, a Collaborative Government under Fascist Leader Dakota Jenkins is established. Under his leadership the Fascist Government in Savannah begins to organize an Army funded by the Aztláni Government. By the end of the year the Savannahian Army reaches 140,000 men and continues to grow. Efforts are also made to rebuild Major cities in Savannah from the devastating civil wars that have ravaged the nation. With assistance from the Aztláni Government, Savannah is expected to recover from its past civil wars by 1955.
- Governorate of Ohio: In Ohio a Fascist Government under General Alvan Cleveland is established as he declares Ohio an Independent State in Collaboration with the Aztláni Empire. Just like Savannah plans are made to rebuild the nation and expand the Ohian Military as it stands at a current 65,000 men. 20,000 men are sent to Savannah in order to crush a Marsanist-Syndicalist Insurgency that has begun since the collapse of the major Marsanist-Syndicalist Forces.
- Governorate of Texas: As Texas joins the Aztláni Empire as a Collaborative State, Lane Downs, a Texan Patriot who participated in the Texas Revolt against Arcadia and a prominent Military Officer, is placed in control of the newly formed Governorate of Texas. Supplies and Material are sent to Ohio and Savannah in order to help them recover from years of conflict as 100,000 men are sent to Savannah to help crush the Marsanist-Syndicalist Insurgency there. This Year the Texan Army reaches 350,000 men as Texas continues to prosper as a Collaborative State of Aztlán.
- Provisional Governorate of Peru: In the City of Iquitos, a meeting is held between Carlos Cavaco and Peruvian Nationalist Nathan Dufresne.As a result of the meeting a Collaborative Provisional Government of Peru is established lead Nathan Dufresne as Dufresne had accepted to collaborate with the Aztláni Empire with the promise that Peru would gain autonomy as a Collaborative State of Aztlán and would be liberated from its Brésilian Oppresors.
- Démokretί Impérihan dί Brésil: It is decided that the war will officially end this year, and with that announcement, two nuclear bombs are weaponized and dropped on the Guyanese capital of Rupertstad and the Granadan capital of Bogotá. These drops are made possible by the movement and usage of almost the entire of the air force. Troops are pulled back prior to this, and after the bombs are dropped, begin new offensives to properly displace and destroy the already destroyed morale and overtake the country of Guyana properly, while also moving 50% of strategic bombing raids to Grenada up through Panama. Monetary loans are asked to be taken from Belka (Player Response Needed). With the success of these drops, further research is done into nuclear weapons.
- Kingdom of Burgundy:
the defeat of Brésils offensive last year, along with continued Burgundian dominance of the seas and air, renews public support for the war. With the destruction of so much of Brésils Air Force last year, strategic bombing of industrial, transportation, and military targets and infrastructure continue, but with a noticeably reduced resistance to due massive casualties on their part. The Navy keeps up its raids on the Brésilian coast. The re-entry of Maryland and Borealia into the war last year allows the cost of the war to be kept down as much as possible, and is helped by continued control of the seas around the combat zone, allowing the commonwealth members to keep up trade with other uninvolved countries, lessening the blow of the war,although Guyana remains in a state of total war. However, concerns are raised over the steadily expanding deficit, and King Rogier authorizes a pan-Commonwealth commission to help prepare for a stable post-war economy. The populace of Guyana, in light of recent victories, is a supportive of the continued war effort as anyone in the commonwealth. Members of the Guyanan government make goodwill tours to the other commonwealth states, expressing their gratitude over their assistance. Papers in Burgundy, Borealia, Maryland,and others publish letters from Guyanan soldiers and civilians, showing their own gratitude to the support. They do well to “put a face” on the Guyanan state the Burgundy and the others are supporting, raising public confidence in the righteousness of the cause. The Borealia-based Nord-Arcadesch aviation designs the FJ-2D Fuerighund (based on OTL F-86D), a dedicated all-weather interceptor based on the FJ-2, but with a radomes added to the nose. The design needs refinement, and with existing in-production aircraft performing suitably in Guyana, it’s decided there’s little need to rush. The forces in Guyana aren’t really expanded so much as it’s made sure they are properly supplied and casualties are replaced, with the wounded allowed to return home.The strategic bombing campaign is continued by the coalition Air Force as its sensed Brésils industry can no longer keep its army supplied. Burgundian anti-Air crews continue their by now long practice of tearing through what Brésilian bomber formations are thrown over Guyana, with big, slow, lumbering bombers proving easy targets for those that escape the fighter interceptors.
- Mod: Another implausible turn. Strike one.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: Academic cooperation with India continues. The Allied Research Institute begins programs for the develop of jet engines. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. New tanks, armoured cars, motorcycles, artillery, machineguns, mortars and infantry weapons designed has been adopted, featuring much modernized technology. New Aircraft Carriers are constructed in an effort to overpower the British Fleet In Southern Africa, indigenous African independence movement, resistance movements and Pan-African ideology are sponsored in order to promote a general resistance of Africans against the British. Swahili agents point to the British extermination in Uluru, implying that one toward the African people will soon follow and that Swahili would lead the Africans into liberation.
The global economy enters a moderate recession with the many global wars leading to a collapse in international trade. The most hit nations are France, Borealia, Belka, and Arabia as they rely on trade with foreign partners in either the New World or in the Indian Ocean region.
In the United Kingdom the king and crown prince are driving through London to attend a war council meeting when their convoy is ambushed by anti-monarchists from a radical syndicalist organization that has been building strength over the past decade. The entire motorcade is decimated by the well equipped dissidents and within 12 hours uprisings have broken-out across the nation. Syndicalists, Republican, and Anarchist revolutionaries sweep much of the country. With the government in chaos and the war in the Indian Ocean now a costly burden General Montgomery, the supreme leader of the Armed Forces of the United Kingdom sends an offer of peace to Swahili and India.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The economy, although not exposed to the fighting like in France, enters a period of stagnation. Government revenue falls, but the end of several military acquisition projects in the same year prevents a deficit. In an effort to bail-out the French economy, the Union offers to purchase Oran from the French [French Response]. While many businesses face pressure, the strong economic climate in the Union prevents any lasting damage and most companies survive the slump. Production of the CM. 46/L M ends after 1,000 tanks are completed. The University of Barcelona continues its research, building more test and breeder reactors to develop the science even further. The test-reactors becomes increasingly advanced and energy production from each new reactor trends higher. Breeder reactor prototypes become increasingly complex and successful in producing plutonium isotopes. With fission devices well developed, work on a proposed fusion bomb continues, a detonation attempt is expected for late 1950. Work on missile technology becomes a focus of research by a joint working group of Madrid Radioworks and Avia. The companies are quick to develop a guided plane system which can deliver a 500 pound bomb. Overall population stands at 97.04 million. Two of the six 55,000 ton carrier hulls are completed and the final two laid-down. By May the first two of the Vespa class Fleet Carriers are ready for service, being assigned to the Atlantic fleet. Four Alerta class Flightdeck Cruisers are laid down. Equipped with a full-length flightdeck, the ships can carry a complement of 36 Reavion Fùria, but maintain an armament of four 300 mm cannons in two twin-turrets fore and aft of the superstructure. Not only does this design maintain significant conventional firepower, but it also provides a large degree of protection to the superstructure without undermining the deck space of the ship. An off-axial deck is used to increase the deck space further. The outbreak of civil war in the United Kingdom alarms the government in Madrid. In order to contain the spread of violent rebellion in Europe, the Union intervenes in the British Civil War. Support for the republican factions in the United Kingdom comes in the form of weapons, ammunition, and the occupation of strategic locations to prevent the return of any pro-monarchist naval units until after the establishment of a “Republic of Great Britain.” In order to secure the victory for the republican faction the Atlantic Fleet, comprised of four Unio class Battleships, two Valiente class Flightdeck Battlecruisers, two Vespa class Fleet Carriers, two Intrepido class Fleet Carriers, eight Asemblea-C class Cruiser Escort Carriers, 16 Zapico-D class Cruiser Escort Carriers, 12 Asemblea-A class Heavy Cruisers, 12 Asemblea-B class Light Cruisers, 78 destroyers, 60 destroyer escorts, and 42 submarine escorts is dispatched to the British-held Islas Canarias supporting an occupation force of 40,000 troops. Meanwhile, the Home Fleet, comprising most of the remaining Union capital ships, carriers, and cruisers supports 40,000 troops in relieving the British garrison at Gibraltar. Further west, in Hispaniola, 100,000 Union troops cross the border and occupy British Hispaniola. With the vast majority of the British Army occupied overseas in Africa and Uluru these outposts fall with limited resistance, and will be critical to preventing the successful return of anti-republican British forces in the colonies. Several Union ships arrive in the United Kingdom at pro-Republican ports to supply tanks, planes, and guns to the poorly armed Republican forces.The Union Atlantic Fleet then conducts a denial of access mission to prevent the British High Seas Fleet from returning to the United Kingdom until the establishment of a republic. The fortress at Gibraltar is quickly reduced to rubble except for the sea-facing emplacements which are reinforced and equipped with unguided rocket emplacements.
- La República Angola: Angola officially gains its independence on January 1st 1950, entering the Comunidade de Naciõnes Ibéricas.
- United States of Germany: Due to the recent global recession, Germany's project and research into nuclear energy has been stalled due to problems with funds for a few more years. At the very least, the project would go back to normal speed by 1954. Germany voices its support for the Republican faction in the United Kingdom, hoping a friendlier government would rise in the islands. Due to the recession, German population barely reaches 110 million people before going onto a slow overall decline in the first time in history since its founding. Many emigrated to German-friendly nations such as Belka, Scandinavia, or France this time. Bismarck Publiks, a German publisher company, founded a comics division and experimented with the concept of a superhero, hoping to profit from German patriotism. The first being "Mother Germania", a woman in her early middle age sporting divine robes in German colors, a swiss degen, and a golden staff, inspired by propaganda posters from the Russo-Polish War. Hoping to get out of effects of the recession by selling extravagant pictures with text bubbles on them. The first comic Early concept of "Mother Germania" was pretty much "Princess Germania". She was viewed as being born from (and literally between) Burgundy and Belka, so therefore she was seen as the middle between the two (hence their neutrality/noninterventionist attitudes) and seen as "Princess" since she was born between two great powers (who had royal families) at the time. However, upon losing the monarchy, German feelings have changed since rising toward a "great power" status has gradually changed 'Princess Germania" to "Mother Germania". German government is horrified at the destruction of civilian population centers by Brésil, they ask the Pact of Zeestad for Germany to become an observer state before deciding to whether or not to join, so long as they oppose Brésil's decision to drop the bombs. (Mod response)
- Panama Canal Company: It's the first full year of President Eugen Rommel's term (OTL Erwin Rommel), since his installation as the first President of the PCC back in 1949. He was a former Hauptmann (Captain) during the Russo-Polish war and retired in 1944, he joined the foreign affairs section of the German government a year later making a name for himself. He had made laid plans to expand the Panama Canal Zone into a fully fledged port city of commerce, or at least make several extensions for ease of access. These plans were stalled when the recession hits.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: Academic cooperation with India continues. The Allied Research Institute begins programs for the develop of jet engines. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. New tanks, armoured cars, motorcycles, artillery, machineguns, mortars and infantry weapons designed has been adopted, featuring much modernized technology. New Aircraft Carriers are constructed in an effort to overpower the British Fleet. In Southern Africa, indigenous African independence movement, resistance movements and Pan-African ideology are sponsored in order to promote a general resistance of Africans against the British. With the collapse of the British war effort, a delegation is sent to Europe to negotiate peace.
- High Commander Montgomery Agrees to pay Swahili reperations and to the withdrawl of British troops; however, with the collapse of the UK's government he warns Swahili to expect a delayed schedule of payment.
- Aztláni Empire and Collaborative Governments: With a new decade on the horizon the 1950 Civilian and Military Census is held in Aztlán and its Collaborative Governments as the Aztláni Population reaches
76,8million people as the Aztláni National Army is increased to a total of nine million men. For the Collaborative Governments the 1950 Census counts a total of 37,4 million people in New Granada, 31.5 million people in Texa s , 26,8 million people in Savannah and 16.9 million people in Ohio.For the Military Census there are 6.2 million men in New Granada, 750,000 men in Texas, 450,000 in Savannah and 275,000 in Ohio. With the Nuclear Bombings of Bogota and Ruperstad, the Aztláni Government has decided that the war must continue stating that Brésil’s Nuclear Attack was a sign of desperation and that it shall not end the war.To Prove this Operation Aztec is enacted in Early February as three million Aztláni and New Granadian Troops in Peru launch a devastating offensive against the defending 1,2 million Brésilian-Peruvian Forces supported by a Massive Air Fleet of over 4,500 Fighters and Bombers as major cities continue to be bombed as the Aztláni Air Force proceeds to gain Aerial Supremacy against the Brésilian Forces. In April in order to support Operation Aztec A Huge Counter-Offensive (Operation Overlord) is also mounted in Guyana to repel the Brésilian Invasion of Guyana as 500,000 Combined Aztláni-Texan Troops land in Northern Guyana along with the arrival of 750,000 New Granadian Troops increasing the number Allied Troops in Guyana to over 3,750,000 men outnumbering the Brésilian Forces numbering 1,600,000 men. In Early May a Third Offensive is launched against Brésil as 2,5 million Aztláni and New Granadian Troops poor out from New Granada to launch an offensive in the Amazonian Rainforest with the objective to reach the OTL City of Manaus. With these offensives a new Jet Multirole Fighter is introduced the Monteiro Mo107 (OTL Horten Ho229) along with a Long Range Jet Bomber, the Monteiro Mo108 (OTL Horten H.XVIII) in which both Monteiro Mo107 and Mo108 would be used to launch aerial raids deep into Southern Brésil where the standard Mo Jet Bombers could not reach. In addition to the introduction of the Monteiro Mo107 and Mo108 the GBM Project continues to see success as the first test flight of the First Arma de vingança (Vengeance Weapon or AV-1) as the AV-1 Prototype had reached an altitude of 84,5 Kilometers at a distance of approximately 60 Kilometers. With the eruption of the British Civil War the Aztláni Empire has decided to intervene in Britain despite the lack of Fascist Support there along with the fact that Aztlán is still tied up in its war against Brésil. Plans for the Intervention are made as the IIA has sent Agents to Britain and Ireland to spread Fascist Propaganda and to recruit elements of the British Army as the IIA has successfully recruited prominent British Fascist Politician Aydin Phillips (OTL Oswald Mosley) who is the leader of British Fascist Political Party known as the British Union of Fascists (Mod Response). In Arcadia, a Joint Aztláni-Savannahian-Texan-Ohioan Offensive is conducted against the Marsanist-Syndicalist Insurgents as over 500,000 Combined Troops succeed in crushing major elements of the Insurgency as the Insurgents are largely dispersed throughout most of Western Savannah after the offensive. In Aztlán, Project Autopista continues as it is expected to be completed by 1953 in Aztlán while the Extended Project within the Aztláni Collaborative Governments is planned to end in 1955 in New Granada and Texas while it is expected to be completed in Savannah and Ohio by 1958. Plans are made to develop a New Series of Medium and Heavy Tanks as the Aztláni Government has decided to improve its Armoured Capabilities. In Savannah and Ohio, the Reconstruction efforts continue as both regions are expected to see a full recovery from their past conflicts by 1955.
- Mod: The British Union of Fascists appreciates Aztlán's Support and attempt to spread propaganda. However, Monarchists elements (closely aligned to the fascists in most regards) take the lion's share of the nationalist support.
- Note: Populations in Aztlán are ~94,000,000, New Grenada ~22,000,000 Texas ~15,000,000, Ohio ~2,500,000, and Savannah ~10,000,000 (due to constant civil war)
- Mod: The British Union of Fascists appreciates Aztlán's Support and attempt to spread propaganda. However, Monarchists elements (closely aligned to the fascists in most regards) take the lion's share of the nationalist support.
- Kingdom of Burgundy: With Aztlán fully in the war, and the spreading recession, it is decided to begin scaling back the military force in Guyana. Some of the longer-served units are allowed to be sent home for demobilization, while their places are taken by fresh units still in reserve in Guyana. Initiating Operation Angelica in conjunction with the Aztlánis, the coalition forces in Guyana begin a coordinated offensive against the Brésilians, backed by heavy air and naval support. With the Brésilian lines broken (algo coming), and coalition forces advancing into OTL French Guyana an envoy is sent to Brésil, as the leader of its alliance, with an offer of an armistice while peace terms are negotiated (mod response, please).
The sides of the English civil war crystalize with the Monarchists holding London and much of the south, the Syndicalists holding pockets across the urban areas, and Republicans holding Northern England, Ireland, Scotland, most of Wales and much of Cornwall. Fighting rages between the monarchists and syndicalists across the south, while Republican forces, mostly shielded by the Syndicalists and receiving support from Iberia and Germany remain largely intact in and around York, the Republican Capital.
A sudden Belkan economic intervention stabilizes and rejuvenates most of the European and Asian economy. In the New World, the economy remains chaotic due to the wars.
The Pact of Zeestad accepts Germany's offer. Russia agrees to join the pact of Zeestad to protect its Pacific influence. Scandinavia also agrees to join as an observer.
Russia, after a decade of investment in military infrastructure, equipment, and strategy launches a combined arms invasion of the Baltic States with a concerted bombing campaign that destroys most of the small nation's ability to resist. Within six weeks the entirety of the country has fallen to the Russian advance and the government capitulates. Russia also unveils a nuclear device built to counter those produced by Belka.
Burgundy's Commonwealth begins a process of greater autonomy with every member except Guyana, Kuba, and the small islands pushing for near complete autonomy in foreign and domestic affairs. Maryland and Borealia lead the charge but are supported by New Zeeland. In Burgundy itself there is a great deal of weariness when it comes to supporting Commonwealth nations in highly costly wars around the world. This sentiment is exacerbated by worsening inflation in Burgundy, by years end the rate of inflation reaches 50% annually. Over the last five years Burgundy's currency has collapsed 75% in value compared to other major currencies and has fallen out of use in non-Burgundian global trade as a result.
With the situation growing desperate, Brésil attempts a nuclear strike against Guyana, the bomber carrying the nuclear device makes it over Guyanese air-space before coming under air attack by Burgundian jet aircraft. Although the crew manage to drop the bomb it detonates over a small town, killing 2,187 and causing 8,549 injured. (RNG Mod Result) With the bombing a failure Brésil agrees to negotiate a peace settlement if Aztlán will end its invasion.
- Vinland: We continue expanding our army and improving our infrastructure.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The economic intervention be Belka revives the economies of the Union’s trade partners in France, reviving much of the economic stagnation. With rising government budgets the Union orders another 500 Reavion Sables, this time in a modified Sable Mk.II this order frees many older planes for service in the United Kingdom and 250 are Sable Mk.Is are sent to assist the British Republican Army. Production of the Reavion Fúria also resumes to supply the new carriers with firepower. The University of Barcelona continues its research, building more test and breeder reactors to develop the science even further. The test-reactors becomes increasingly advanced and energy production from each new reactor trends higher. Breeder reactor prototypes become increasingly complex and successful in producing plutonium isotopes. A fusion bomb is tested in the desert, demonstrating the future of nuclear weapons. Work on missile technology becomes a focus of research by a joint working group of Madrid Radioworks and Avia. The companies improve on their radio-bomb adding a jet propulsion system and more advanced guidance systems. A test installation is constructed at the fortress at Jebel Musa to protect the Strait of Gibraltar. Overall population stands at 97.39 million. The final two carrier hulls are completed, and the previous two carriers are finished and commissioned. These two ships are dispatched with escorts to support a the Union Foreign Legion of 250,000 mechanized troops landing in Scotland to support the British Republican Army. These troops, equipped with half-tracks, armored cars, light tanks and medium tanks, immediately begin a push southward supporting Republicans in securing control of the north of England. The first four Alerta class ships are finished, with four more scheduled for construction next year. With the occupation of many of Britain’s overseas the Union cuts off the British High Seas Fleet from resupply from the homeland. After hearing of Aztlán's bold moves in the North Atlantic, the Union enters a state of military preparation. Reservists are mobilized, the navy begins drills to improve combat readiness, and production of the Reavion Sable Mk. II, Fúria, and Reavion Meteoro are increased beyond the early plans of the year. An arsenal of 20 plutonium based atmoic bombs is assembled to act as a deterent. Most of the High Seas Fleet is recalled, while the air-bases at Hispanola, Tobago, and the Azores are reinforced with 100 Naval Bombers and fighters each. Further military preperations inculde an accelerated schedule for the production of the Alerta class with four new hulls ship laid down this year. Military Police and AIU units are deployed to protect sensitive military information with the increased tensions, the nuclear program, which has had its own strict security program receives a boost to its manpower and high levels of scrutiny are employed to protect the sensitive information. The garrison at Trinidad and Tobago is boosted to war-time strength of 100,000 entrenched in the strategic fortress built on Trinidad overlooking the capital at OTL Port of Spain.
- Aztláni Empire and Collaborative Governments: With the massive offensives conducted last year, the Brésilian Army has been crippled and has been effectively crushed as Aztláni Troops have captured all of Peru and have pushed the Brésilians deep into the Amazon Bassin reaching all their objectives. With Burgundy offering a White Peace, the Aztláni Government has prefered to use harsher terms to prevent the rise of Brésil as a Regional Power and to complete Aztlán’s ascension as the dominant power in Occidentalia. In Guadalajara, the Aztláni Supreme Military High Command and the Aztláni Government issue the Guadalajara Declaration stating that Aztlán shall only accept a Brésilian Unconditional Surrender and that it shall adhere to the Terms of the Aztláni Government (Mod Response Needed). In order to place pressure on the Brésilian Government a Series Combined Aerial Raids and Naval Bombardments of the Brésilian Capital of Saint Denis is held in the month of April as two million Aztláni-New Granadian Troops push into Argentina as another three million Aztláni-New Granadian Troops push deep into the Amazon Bassin as the Aztláni Air Force has begun using incendiary Bombs to cause large Forest Fires to allow the Aztláni Army to march through the Amazon Rainforest without meeting a lot of difficulty. The Governorate of Peru is established in Lima as Nathan Dufresne is installed as the Governor of Peru while two Provisional Collaborative Governments are established for both Brésil and Argentina. With the Capture of Peru, the Aztláni Air Force has begun building airbases in Peru in order to launch Bombing Campaigns against Argentina as the War finally comes to a close. With an Aztláni-Burgundian Victory imminent in Brésil, the Aztláni Government has slowly began shifting its focus to Britain declaring its support for the Fascist and Monarchist Factions in Britain advocating for a Coalition to be formed between the two Factions (Mod Response Needed). An Expeditionary Force dubbed the Three Arcadian Armies (TAA) is assembled in Ohio, with the routing of the Marsanist-Syndicalists in Savannah, the Aztláni Government has declared that the territory with Marsanist-Syndicalist Activity would be annexed by the Aztláni Empire until the Insurgency would be dealt with resulting in the current Savannahian, Ohioan and Texan Forces being reassigned to forming the TAA. In response to Iberia sending 250,000 Troops into Scotland, the Aztláni Government sends Military Equipment to the Monarchists while positioning a Fleet of two Aircraft Carriers, four Battlecruisers, three Battleships, four Light Cruisers, two Heavy Cruisers and ten Destroyers to the English Channel to begin launching airstrikes against the Republican and Syndicalist Forces. In addition to this the TAA consisting of 300,000 men equipped with Half-Tracks, Armoured Cars, Artillery, Medium and Heavy Tanks land in Ireland in order to secure the island for the Monarchists and to help the Aztláni Government properly supply the Monarchists along with this the Aztláni Government begins to send supplies to the British High Seas Fleet granting them access to Aztláni Waters. A Group of IIA Agents and Aztláni Diplomats head to Australasia to meet with the
British Puppet Government in Uluru in order convince the transfer of Uluru to Aztlán as a Collaborative Government. (Mod Response Needed) .In Aztlán the development of a Guided Ballistic Missile continues as more tests are conducted this year with great success, with this plans are made to begin producing AV-1 Rockets by 1955.(Secret) With Aztlán lagging behind in the Development of Nuclear Bombs, the IIA is tasked with infiltrating the Belkan, Brésilian and Iberian Nuclear Programs in order to gain intel in order to boost the Aztláni Nuclear Program (End Secret).In Savannah and Ohio, the reconstruction efforts continue as many homes are build for the many people who have lost their shelters during the Two Savannahian Civil Wars. Talks of a Military Program to develop new Tanks begin as the Aztláni Government makes plans to improve their military.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: Upon learning of the Aztláni Fleet deployed in the English Channel, the Union dispatches an ultimatum demanding that Aztlán remove its naval forces from European waters or face embargo, sanctions, and the possibility of conflict. The bold Aztláni attempt to invade Ireland is opposed by the Union High Seas Fleet supporting Republican forces on the island. The Union also calls upon its allies in France to support the ultimatum, and its friends in Germany who have already pledged their support for the Republican Forces.
- Aztláni Diplomacy: With Iberia assembling nuclear weapons and a fleet, it is decided to withdraw from Britain as the TAA and the Aztláni Fleet in the English Channel is recalled, however, not before the Iberian Embassy in Aztlán is shut down as the Iberian Delegates there are sent back to Iberia, in addition due to the fact that most of Europe has taken a stance against the Mighty Aztláni Empire all relations are cut from all major European Powers in exception for Burgundy, the Papal States and Belka.
- German Dip: We feel insulted that you would cut ties despite us willing to extend a peaceful hand in the past.
- Mod: There is no British Puppet Government in Uluru the island was evacuated at the end of 1950.
- New England: Attlee sends Savannah a demand for Tennessee [Savannah Response Needed].
- Germany OOC: There goes New England.
- Aztláni and Collaborative Governments Response: With orders from Tenochtitlán, the Governorate of Savannah refuses to hand over Tennessee as the Armies of Aztlán, Savannah, Texas and Ohio (Total of two million) are mobilized against New England. The Aztláni Government sends an ultimatum to New England to give up their claims on Tennessee or face war.
- Belkan Federation: The Untimely death of the Vozhd leaves a vacuum in the Belkan political spectrum leaving it in the hands of the people to elect another. This puts a hawkish but progressive man in power, Emil Vorezhnikov, the economic minister who presided over the Belkan economic initiative to stabilize the majority of the Asian and European economies, he wins in a narrow victory over the extremely left, and openly communist Bern Sandakov who wishes to implement serious communist and socialist policies in the country which which somewhat popular. This puts Emil in an awkward position having been one of the very few European nations to not take a stance on the New World issues due to the old Vozhds "their world their problem mentality" but with the detonation of nuclear devices and an openly expansionist and fascist Aztlán threatening to effectively put the whole of the New World and its industrial might and resources under its boot, changes this policy. The Belkan Vozhd gives a speech in front of the Supreme Soviet addressing the awful situation of titanic proportions. "Belka has stood by and watched for too long as Aztlán brings the New World to heel. Where is to say where they stop? Will it be Iberia? The shores of Britain and Ireland which they have proven more than willing to intervene where unwanted? Who is to say they will not wait a decade and decide to tackle Europe, or turn on China attempting to bring the whole world under their rule. This must stop, they must see the voice of reason!" The Vozhd proclaims in front of an initially uncaring Supreme Soviet. The speech is met with cheers, and a resolution passed shortly after authorizing the expansion of the military, and the unveiling of Belka's Post Malta treaty fleet, kept a secret until recently with nearly six 60,000 tonne fleet carriers, five modern battleships with the designs put to paper in 1948, three battlecruisers, six heavy cruisers, eight light cruisers, and nearly 150 destroyers split evenly into two task forces names after the highly successful Battlegroup Typhoon and Tempest from the First Great War. Another task force made up of modernized older carriers (three of them) six battleships modernized from their late 1930's configurations, one battlecruiser, three heavy cruisers, five light cruisers, and nearly 80 destroyers named battlegroup Rusalka. These fleets arrive off the coast of the Philippines (OTL Bahamas) and effectively seal the Caribbean with Belkan traffic as nearly 4,000 IK-15 jet fighters, 2,000 TI-300 Close Air support bombers, and upward of 3,000 strategic bombers are moved as well turning the Philippines into an unsinkable carrier. Not known to the outside world, the Belkan strategic command deploys nearly 15 nuclear devices to the islands and begins to arm a good chunk of its IK-15's with the first militarily operational air to air missile in human history although somewhat rushed off the developing table and into production. This effectively gives the Belkan aerial armada decisive superiority in the air in any engagement as no known military powers have brought missiles to bear on aircraft designs yet. The arrival of nearly 500,000 troops to the Bahamas as well sees their infrastructure expanding exponentially to house the effort and roads, railroads, airstrips, roads, and much other infrastructure is built rapidly by the corps of engineers to house the military forces. Battle plans are drawn by the Belkan general staff as high command begins rolling out designs for amphibious landing craft and most importantly the mechanization of the entire Belkan expeditionary force with its M-75 APCs and its MS-30 Infantry fighting vehicles. Also deployed are its somewhat improved TK-47 tanks which boast better fire control systems. Alongside this is nearly every major unit having radio access and easy communication to each other allowing for effective and powerful combined arms to be employed. The economy noticeably suffering one of the only recessions in Europe seems to be coming from Brésillian investments and joint ventures between the Belkan and Brésillians being interrupted heavy by the war. This paints Aztlán as the clear and obvious issue here harming the Belkan economy and as a result of this the shift to war economy in the middle of the year sees no complaints from any except the most stringent pacifists. Reservists are called up and just a few short years after implementing the new martial system it is tested successfully with nearly 2.5 million men being called up in many cases enthusiastically and brought up to date on training and equipment early in the year. On top of this, Belka,s remaining colonial possessions begin seeing their own troops called up for service as nearly 300,000 from the colonies are called up for training with expectations of nearly two million more to be provided. This buildup sees the Belkan Vozhd request that nearly 200,000 troops be allowed into Brésil in an expeditionary capacity if negotiation with Aztlán goes badly. (mod, please) This also sees the first diplomatic action taken against the Aztlánis as while they do have materials to manufacture their own modern equipment they lack the sheer scale of parts that Belkan factories have been producing and shipping to Aztláni factories for things such as aircraft, tanks, trucks, and a myriad amount of other support equipment. Following this a noticeable amount of material is evacuated from the Belkan embassy in Aztlán's capital including sensitive data and materials. Suspiciously though nearly 1,000 people of unknown origins remain in the still open embassy. With Diplomatic immunity on many things shipped into the country for the large Belkan staff in the embassy it is completely unknown to the Aztlánis what has or has not been shipped to the embassy the last few years and its obvious overstaffing puts many in the Aztláni capital at complete unease as the Embassy was constructed in previous years almost like a fortress making its seizure a costly opportunity for any would-be attacker. This actions are finally followed up by a Diplomatic address to the Aztláni government. Your Senseless war against Brésil has done nothing but enrage Europe, and hurt the economies of the entire planet. Belkan rubles are lost, and our economy enters this age as one of the few receding due to your actions and lost investment into the continent. Cease your invasion of Laurentia at once. Status quo Ante Bellum will be respected (this means you hold Colombia and everything in North America you took) and we will speak no more of this. Reparations between Brésil and Burgundy will be made obvious, but Aztlán MUST evacuate its conquests in Laurentia. Failure to accept these Generous terms will be interpreted as an act of war and the might of nation will crash upon you like a tsunami. In other words success in missiles sees the rise of a burgeoning rocket industry with designs to possibly go to space and with secret military designs to mount a nuclear weapon on it. while only speculatory at the moment, the push to get a rocket of this caliber out is expected to take until roughly 1963 (that's right, everyone, nuclear missiles will not be a thing for a hot minute)
- United States of Germany: Despite the European economy becoming mostly stabilized once again, the German project for exploiting nuclear energy is still stalled, but would resume at full speed a year earlier than predicted. The concept of a nuclear power plant is made, with plans of construction to start in 1954 but would not finish until 1956. Germany invites Aztlán to the Port of Panama Canal to host and discuss proper peace terms with the Brésil party. Other major powers may attend as well as you have angered Europe and made your allies uneasy. We are entering an atomic age, a world war that takes place sometime around then is not ideal. (Aztlán response) (More later)
- Aztláni Diplomacy: The Aztláni Government ignores the Belkan Ultimatum though they accept the German Invitation to the Port of Panama Canal to negotiate seeing their invitation as more reasonable then the Belkan Ultimatum.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: Academic cooperation with India continues. The Allied Research Institute begins programs for the develop of jet engines. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. New tanks, armoured cars, motorcycles, artillery, machineguns, mortars and infantry weapons designed has been adopted, featuring much modernized technology. The Malta Naval Treaty is abandoned. British terms are accepted, although African independence movement, resistance movements and Pan-African ideology are still sponsored in British South Africa, albeit more subtly, especially with the collapse of British colonial governments. The Swahili Government offers protection to the British African colonies during this trying time and supports the establishment of independent republics. Swahili forces land on Bornoo (OTL Perth) and assists the Ulurun in reestablishing governance.
Aztláni military forces in Amazonia suffer terribly with poor infrastructure, supply, and hygiene. Thousands of Aztláni and New Grenada’s soldiers die and the offensive through the jungle stalls.
Brésil adopts a strategy of asymmetrical warfare, launching commando raids, hit and run attacks, and ambushes against advancing Aztláni forces in Guyana. Although the attacks do not stop the Aztláni onslaught they do cause harm (Brésil gets an additional 1.10 multiplier in algos for this front)
The British Civil War rages on, but with support from Aztlán waning the Monarchists face increasing challenges. The Republicans stage several minor offensives, striking southwest from the Midlands and Northeast from Cornwall to encircle a Monarchist army in Portsmouth.
The Provisional Government of Uluru, restored after Britain’s exit from the continent publishes a report on the scale of the genocide. The report estimates that the Military forces of the United Kingdom murdered, intentionally starved, or killed in uprisings 9.76 million civilians. International outrage calls for justice against those responsible.
With presumed end of the war in the New World in sight, the Belgrade Stock Exchange, the largest in the World begins to rally and surge, sparking similar effects in multiple other stock exchanges in Iberia, China, and India
The African colonies still under the British rule begin pushing for independence as the three central colonies begin pushing into a more federalized structure with some obvious intents to become a singular federal state becoming more far reaching.
The Turkish and Georgian independence movements begin to break out in full swing as Turks, promised their independence by both Arabia and Belka take to the streets in order to secure their independence. Georgia breaks out into similar riots and protests. However, a series of armories are raided and a large scale militant independence movement begins to break out hitting multiple Arabian outposts.
- United States of Germany: Concepts for an early digital computer are being tested by the German government. They intended for storage and computation of data. However, the size is very large so there are plenty of limitations. Since the Panama Canal is a host for the peace talks regarding the Brésilian-Guyanese War (also known as the Great Laurentian War), Germany sends Eugen Rommel, current president of Panama Canal Company, as a representative to help negotiate peace talks. Note, that this treaty will only end the war in Laurentia, other disputes should be dealt with in a separate treaty. Union of Cadiz was also invited to help assist in negotiations as a third party. After consulting both sides, a treaty was drawn up called the Treaty of Panama Canal. (BRESIL, UNION, BURGUNDY, MOD RESPONSE NEEDED). (More later)
- Uniõ de Cádiz Diplomacy: We will attend and currently support many of the proposed terms.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The Madrid Stock Exchange surges ahead with strong growth reported throughout the year. The economy thriving and negotiations with Aztlán successful military spending on mobilization and rearmament falls-off. Reservists return to their jobs in the factories and orders for supplemental tanks and planes are reduced. Rather than allow the University of Barcelona be the eternal center of nuclear research in the Union, several projects are spun off to other colleges in Iberia and Morocco. While the university will continue its research into electricity producing reactors others will focus on breeding reactors, miniaturization, shielding, and other important fields of study. An experimental commercial reactor is built near Sevilla and is connected to the power grid, the first commercial use of nuclear power. Madrid Radioworks and Avia improve on their radio-bomb, refining the guidance system further and working on guidance for ballistic trajectories. Overall population stands at 97.74 million. The final two carrier of the Vespa class are finished and commissioned. These two ships are dispatched with escorts to join their sisters in support of the Union Foreign Legion in the UK. These troops, equipped with half-tracks, armored cars, light tanks and medium tanks, immediately begin a push southward supporting Republicans in securing control of the north of england. Offensives begin toward London to distract from the Republican Offensive in the west. The second four Alerta class ships laid down for construction.
- Imperial Swahili Federation: Academic cooperation with India continues. The Allied Research Institute begins programs for the develop of jet engines. A secret project begins at the Allied Research Institute. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. New tanks, armoured cars, motorcycles, artillery, machineguns, mortars and infantry weapons designed has been adopted, featuring much modernized technology. African independence movement, Pan-African ideology and majority rule are sponsored and advocated in British South Africa, especially with the collapse of British colonial governments. The Swahili Government offers protection to the British African colonies during this trying time and supports the establishment of independent republics. Swahili encourages immigration to Uluru especially in an effort to help Uluru recoup their population loss.
- Aztláni Empire and Collaborative Governments: After holding negotiations with the Germans and Belkans in the Panama Canal, the Aztláni Government has agreed to withdraw all its troops from Brésil along with its Collaborative Forces from New Granada as Aztláni and New Granadian troops begin to withdraw from Northern Brésil as the withdrawal is completed by June 1952. In Peru as the three million troops there begin withdrawing an Independent Fascist Government is established in Cuzco under the Leadership of Nathan Dufresne as the Aztláni Government declares that Peru is under the Protection of the Aztláni Empire and that any attack against them is an act of war against Aztlán, In addition to this 500,000 men remain in Peru to participate in efforts to rebuild Peru and train a proper Peruvian Army before a full withdrawal can be made. As per the Treaty of Panama, a Provisional Government is established in Iquitos for a Planned Buffer State called Equador (Portuguese) or Équateur (French). (Secret) However, despite having withdrawn from Brésil, the Aztláni Government makes secret plans to expand its influence in Laurentia as the Aztláni Government begins arming Brésilian Fascists while sending a few IIA Agents to aid them in preparing for a planned coup d’etat against the weakened Brésilian Government planned to take place in 1958. The Aztláni Empire still aiming to spread Fascism shifts its focus to the Middle East as many independence groups begin to oppose Belkan and Arabia Rule. Support is sent to the Persian Nationalists as Military Equipment is sent along with Military Advisors to help the Persians organize a Army to fully liberate Persia from French and Arabian Influence similar support is also sent to the Turkish and Georgian Independence Movements as the Aztláni Government sends IIA Agents to spread Fascist Propaganda in order to help expand these Independence Movements. With the Intel gained from the Iberian and Belkan Nuclear Programs, a Nuclear Reactor in Guadalajara (Having been completed in 1950) ignited a controlled chain reaction in which paves the way for the production for a Atomic Bomb as plans are made to detonate an Atomic Bomb in 1953 as (End Secret). With the withdrawal of troops from the South, an additional one million Aztláni-New Granadian Troops are mobilized against New England as the number of Aztláni and Collaborative Troops mobilized against them stands at three million men. A Few Defensive Fortifications are built along the border with New England in case they Invade Savannah and Ohio. Once more the Aztláni Government sends a Second Ultimatum demanding New England to withdraw their claims by the 1st January 1953 or face war as the Aztláni Government states that these measures have been made to protect the already weakened states of Savannah and Ohio and to ensure their complete recovery from their past conflicts are many people have died with other homeless as the Reconstruction efforts are still in effect (Mod Response). With the experience from the 1951 Brésilian Crisis the Aztláni Empire has set out to match the Belkan Military by starting to improve its Air Force and its Navy as the Aztláni Empire seeks to rival the Belkan Federation Military-wise. Instead of rushing the addition of air-to-air missiles as the Belkans did, it is decided to develop new Jet Fighters in which would be armed with Air-to-Air Missiles as Designs and Prototypes are made for these Jet Fighters. In order to expand the Navy and rival the Belkan Navy, the Aztláni Government makes plans to increase the numbers of Aircraft Carriers and Battleships in the Aztláni Navy to increase its strength along with the numbers of destroyers and Submarines in order to match the Vast Belkan Navy. The Aztláni Empire continues its efforts to rebuild Savannah and Ohio as they are expected to fully recover by 1955 while efforts also begin in Arcadia to rebuild the region devastated by the recent Invasion. In New Granada, the Fortification Lines are completed as plans are made to build coastal defenses along the coasts of Aztlán, Texas and New Granada along with nuclear fallout shelters in case of the scenario of a nuclear strike and Invasion against Aztlán.
- Mod: New England, not wanting to commit suicide, backs down.
- Belkan Federation: The Federation Agrees with all terms except the handing over of nuclear devices to the Burgundians, Burgundy must acquire weapons on its own merit, not by wanton stealing of Brésil's effort. Develop the weapon on your own. With the end of the crisis in sight, the Belkan forces rather than standing completely down, permanently stations 150,000 troops in the Philippines (OTL Bahamas a Belkan federal state) and leaves a small tripwire task force supported by nearly 2,000 aircraft and unknown to Aztlán the first of Belka's modern attack sub fleet, fielding nearly 30 of its barracuda class 2,000 tonne attack subs in the area on a constant patrol for an aggressive ship to push into Belkan waters. With a good portion of Belka,s forces standing down, war looks to be wholesale avoided, but Reservists which were deployed to Brazil take military consultation jobs and nearly 10,000 Belkan soldiers remain in Brésil of their own free will attempting to stabilize the volatile situation and help with the reconstitution of social order and normalcy in Brésil. Further research into large scale rockets continues as rudimentary unmanned craft are launched to test rocket engines with the program progressing smoothly especially with its prior know how in developing air to air missiles. Further advances in aerial technology sees the Belkan Strategic bomber program advance further giving its upgraded bombers increased range, and a difficult to reach altitude for any modern jet fighter leaving them in a position where targeting and molestation by enemy interceptors is nearly impossible aside from a lucky shot. The concept of powerful tactical bombers becomes apparent well as the AS-3 steamroller enters service outmoding the last of Belka's prop-driven CAS aircraft with nearly 400 on the initial order being built and upward of 1,500 more ordered. With war ending and the Brésillian economy in recovery mode, the Belkan bank system sees a reciprocrating loop for as Brésilian capitalists, and other high level investors take out loans not just from Belka but from banks across Europe allowing major purchases of mass materials to facilitate the rebuilding of the Brésilian nations cities and infrastructure. This causes a notable bump in the economy and effectively averts woes of the recession getting worse but it still leaves many belkan capitalists and investors in a situation that they may be more timid with their money for investment. The process for developing nuclear power developed from more modern concepts of nuclear science become much more active as well with much research and funding being poured into finding a cleaner energy that can wean Belka off oil and other sources seeing them as possible bottlenecks which could hurt the nation in the long run. This sees some military applications as well as plans for a miniature reactor to put on Submarines and Carriers occurs as well with only battleships as the only capital ship to not be considered for a nuclear upgrade due to their role in the fleet. However, with things looking in the future as in a major overseas war will occur, the Belkan navy opts to not phase out all its battleships - instead looking for ways to turn the former line of battle platform into a legitimate modern platform of war. The development of the Belkan Cruise Missile continues as well with a more compact but potent design becoming a favored design specifically to mount on the underside of aircraft, put on ships, and even with launch platforms on the ground. Off the coast of the Philippines in the Caribbean Sea moving more toward Bermuda, the Belkan nuclear science division deploys not just any device, but a major advancement, the thermonuclear bomb which is rated to be nearly 450 times more powerful than Belka,s earlier nuclear tests. As Belka looks to nurse some of its colonial issues, the ever closer date of independence for the majority of the remaining colonies becomes apparent and plans are made for a controlled and strategic pullout leaving many of the newly free african states to choose their own fate which comes up as soon as 1960. However, some notable exceptions to this rule occur, with the Suez Canal, Belkan owned for years with Belkan shareholders owning the majority of the canal, and the Sinai which is unpopulated and serves as a solid buffer state between Egypt and Arabia hopefully preventing yet another war between the two in the future while also maintaining comfortable control over the Canal itself. This is solidified as the Egyptians while their independence approaches in 1955 to come out in an uproar over this, with many thinking the Belkan government was not entirely serious about maintaining an enclave here. Other issues crop up as well in Maghreb as the ethnic violence returns between the two causing militias to form on the Maghrebi side, and the Ethnic Belkan side. A secret low intensity war begins to occur between the most militant of both peoples which puts many Belkan soldiers from the homeland on high alert as they stand as a tenuous and possibly the only stable force able to keep relatively safe zones of control in the colony. Yet another colony, that of Uganda controversially takes control of two smaller colonies to its south (the one stradling lake victoria, and the smaller one next to it) and Zaire is granted control over the colony of Southern Zaire as per agreements developed prior to Zaire's initial independence come into effect, firmly putting all of the Congo under Zaires control now. Belkan Cameroom and Gabon also begin their own spool up for independence as two very like minded federal parties storm the pre-independence congressional elections managing to secure the majority of votes in both states with the public thoughts of a Federal state between the two (in order to co-jointly develop and stave off invasion) gaining intense popularity. Looking to avoid a bloody revolt and to engender some support for the future unified Turkish state, the Belkan Vozhd and Supreme Soviet agree to grant independence to the Turks pressuring greatly for Arabia to grand their own Turkish vassal its independence and allowing their unification into one state. Belkan stance on Georgia is notably absent as the Belkans do not wish to anger the large Arabian neighbor to the East. The Belkan redevelopment of the Moldova Defense perimeter is undertaken announcing to Russia that the redevelopment is part of a 20 year annual program to modernize the existing forts and defensive fortifications of specific extremely open borders. In a stunning twist of irony to Belkan economists and political analysts the Central African colony currently known as the Confederation of Chad, is remarkably stable with its resource exporting sector thriving, and its budding industrial sector beginning to churn out remarkably unique consumer products to nations within the Commonwealth free trade zone with notable Chadian products showing up in Burma, Manila, Ethiopia, and Belka. The Belkan Vozhd begins planning the turnover of "West Abysinnia" to the Ethiopian kingdom hoping to keep an extremely positive relationship with the kingdom as it develops into an absolute African Powerhouse. Some pushes into Computer technology are made specifically revolving around the Rocketry program as they require much more computing power to operate.
The Brésilian Government, shaken but not defeated, resumes some degree of normalcy. Aware of Aztlán's IIA the government creates the Agency of State Defense (Brésilian Creole: Agoteríeom dί Défeintsedeo Staat), a counter intelligence agency devoted to preventing spying and protecting the government and economy of Brésil.
The British High Seas Fleet sails out of port in Aztlán led by Rear Admiral Edward Hale. The fleet arrives at its final destination, British West Africa where Hale removes the civilian governor and installs himself and his officers as a new Military Commission of Benin. The fleet is used to quickly transport one-half million British soldiers from its colonies in South West Africa where the sparks of nationalism have created a tinderbox for the exiled army. With an army and navy to rival even some European nations Hale sets about creating a British-Ethnostate in the colony.
The Pact of Zeestad issues a guarantee for Brésil and New England, inviting both to the faction. Brésil declines, but New England Agrees to the alliance. Following the announcement New England reveals a powerful army equipped with domestically produced modern weapons, an advanced tank corps, and advanced infantry based anti-tank weapons. (New England will get a +0.10 to their AT score until 1955)
China-Korea successfully detonates its own nuclear device after receiving help from a Russian defector. Thanks to his help the Chinese manage to test both a conventional Uranium-based gun-bomb and a Plutonium-based implosion device in the same year.
The 4th British Republican Armored Division breaks through Monarchist lines near Watford, throwing back the understrength King George VII Guard Infantry and seizes much of Northwest London with Union air-support. Although the unit is stopped by Monarchist forces it becomes increasingly clear that the Monarchists will not survive another year.
The Arabian government forced with a decision, agrees to release the Turks but doubles down in the Georgian and Pontic areas both of which are flaring up in a form of guerrilla warfare against the Arabian garrisons in the region.
The Ugandan Empire announces its official independence from Belka following its seizure of two smaller Belkan colonies the previous year, seizing Belkan invested assets, and local amories managing to scramble together a force of nearly 250,000 led by series of noted Ugandan officers who were but young Colonial Junior Officers in the latter stages of the Great war in the 1910's
- Imperial Swahili Federation: Academic cooperation with India continues. The Allied Research Institute begins programs for the develop of jet engines. Numerous Swahili, Arabic, Indian and Ulurun ethnicity scientists are recruited to work at the Allied Research Institute. The film, literature, kibonzo and animation industries continue to rise in popularity. With the end of major wars across the world, global economy booms, prompting an increase in demand for Swahili exports. The Industrial Technology Research Center is thusly established in Kilifi, which is close to both of the technology and industrial centers of Malindi and Mombassa. The ITRC is tasked with assisting in technological development and technology transfer to industry for the purpose of industrialization and economic development of Swahili. A telecommunications network is planned by the Bunge as a part of economic modernization.Tanks, aircraft, armoured cars and motorcycles also continue production. New tanks, armoured cars, motorcycles, artillery, machineguns, mortars and infantry weapons designed has been adopted, featuring much modernized technology. African independence movement, Pan-African ideology and majority rule are sponsored and advocated in British South Africa, especially with the collapse of British colonial governments. With the exit of British forces in the region, Swahili sponsored and armed independence movements and militias rise up in British South Western Africa, assuming control of most of the apparatus of the state. Swahili encourages immigration to Uluru especially in an effort to help Uluru recoup their population loss. Swahili veterans are sent to the border with Uganda, with an offer given to Belka for joint action against the Ugandan uprising.
- Aztláni Empire and Collaborative Governments: With the restoration of peace after almost of decade of conflict the Aztláni Empire returns to a period of peace, though full of tension. With the formation of a British Military Government in Africa, the Aztláni Empire gives in their full support for the Military Government of Edward Hale and proposes an alliance between both the Aztláni Empire and Hale’s Government in Africa (Mod Response). With New England revealing its so-called Powerful army, the Aztláni Empire reduces its forces along the border with New England to 1.5 million while also revealing a massive stockpile of over 1,000 AV-1 Rockets built throughout the years of 1951 and 1952 while also introducing the Vibora II Heavy Tank a First Generation Heavy Tank designed to succeed the Vibora I used during the Brésilian-Guyannese War along with releasing the L-83 Light Tank as a First First Generation Light Tank in order to replace the L-80 and L-81. With the secret intel gained from the Iberian, Belkan and Russian Nuclear Programs, the Aztláni Government manages to test an Implosion-Type Nuclear Device dubbed the Primeira iluminação or First Lightning in Late November 1953 as Carlos Cavaco declares, that with Aztláni joining the Nuclear Party it has nothing to fear from the Iberian and Belkan Nations as plans are made to develop Superbombs or Thermonuclear Bombs in order to show the might of Aztlán. Further on Carlos Cavaco also orders the production of a nuclear arsenal of 10-20 Atomic Bombs similar to the Primeira iluminação Bomb in order to help protect Aztlán while also ordering the commencement of a Nuclear Missile Program though it is put on halt and is planned to begin by 1955. (Secret) With the Georgian and Pontic areas continuing their battle against Arabia and with the objective of causing a butterfly effect throughout all of the Middle East in order to spread Fascism, the Aztláni sends heavy Equipment to the Georgian and Pontic rebels providing them with L-81 Light Tanks along with Vibora I Heavy Tanks as they are also supplied with Ammunition and Guns in order to help spread the Fascist-Friendly Revolution in the Middle East. The Aztláni Government also sends support to the Ugandan Empire supplying them with L-80 and 81 Light Tanks, R1C8 Lince Medium Tanks and Vibora I Heavy Tanks along with ammunition and guns while also sending military advisors and IIA Agents to help train the Ugandan Military and help them develop battle plans against the Belkans shall they ever invade Uganda. Acknowledging the need to secure the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Aztlán from any future Belkan threat, the Aztláni Government begins secretly arming Kuban Nationalists opposed to Burgundian Rule while also taking arming many Guyanese Separatists POWs’s captured during Operation Overlord and Aztec with the objective of establishing Fascist Collaborative States in both Guyanna and Kuba despite the alliance held between Burgundy and Aztlán. More IIA Agents are sent to Belkan in order to gain intel on their Cruise Missile program as IIA Agents continue to smuggle out information on the Iberian and Belkan Thermonuclear Bomb projects. Despite the formation of the Brésilian Counter-Intelligence Agency, the Aztláni Government continues its plans to overthrow the Brésilian Government but instead decides to form and train IIA-lead Paramilitary groups in Peru and Aztlán before sending them to overthrow the Brésilian Government with an extended deadline of 1960 (End Secret). Project Autopista sees completion in Aztlán, New Granada and Texas while the Reconstruction efforts in Savannah and Ohio see greater success as most of the infrastructure is rebuild as many people are given new homes while efforts begin in Peru to help rebuild the nation as material is sent to Peru in order to help them recover while the IIA and the Aztláni National Army continue to help organize an Peruvian Army.
- German Dip: Germany asks for the referendum of a piece of southern/eastern New Grenada to be created for the buffer state of "Equateur" (Southern portion in Peru is Equateur, while northern piece would be called "Equador") - as per treaty.
- OOC: Welp, here comes the Cold War.
- Uniõ de Cádiz: The Union economy hums along with rapid growth in light manufacturing and consumer spending. A gradual economic transition begins in and around Madrid and Barcelona as the historic industrial centers of the country transform into post-industrial hubs of innovation and high-skill services. Casablanca experiences a similar, if less pronounced shift, but struggles to attract the service industry to the partially segregated city. The University of Barcelona continues its research into electricity producing reactors while others focus on breeding reactors, miniaturization, shielding, and other important fields of study. An experimental commercial reactor is built near Sevilla and is connected to the power grid, the first commercial use of nuclear power. Madrid Radioworks and Avia improve on their radio-bomb, refining the guidance system further and working on guidance for ballistic trajectories. The two companies jointly invest in the development of an Ordenador System for calculating trajectories. This first Ordenador, based on research done in other countries in Europe, is the first Union computer in service. Overall population stands at 98.09 million. The AIU swells in size after the arrest of several Aztláni agents attempting to infiltrate the Union Nuclear Program. These arrests cause a subsequent review of the immigration process for Aztláni citizens who had faced fewer requirements than most. Strict guidelines and rules are implemented to prevent them from infiltrating the Union. The Union Foreign Legion in the UK support a final offensive to encircle London from the west and then capture the city. With the Monarchists running out of men, equipment, and public support in the city the total defeat of the Monarchists is deemed nearly certain. The second four Alerta class ships are completed and enter service. With these ships built, the Zapico-D2 class is retired and sold to the Republic of Makassar for a pittance. With the presumed victory of the Republican forces in the British Civil War, the Union begins to prepare for post-monarchist Britain. The Union reaches out to France, Germany, Burgundy, Italy, and the Republican leadership of Britain to reestablish a common Western European Market Community, as well as a common defense community. (Mod and Player Responses)
- German Dip: As in an economic partnership, of course. So long as pursuit of peace and friendliness among non-members are prioritized over hostilities.
- Empire of Uluru:Although the Monarchy has been returned too power under the Provisional government and the British have finally left, over 9.76 Million people are now dead and the country lies in ruins, devastated by the invasion and genocide. Although they dominated the provisional government outside of Uluru, the Monarchy is now vastly unpopular with the civilian population, viewed as weak and incapable of protecting the country due too their failure to prevent the British Invasion. Although the Monarchy in theory still holds power, in practice they have little, and under increasing pressure from the population and the rest of the provisional government, a census is held on what form the new Ulurun government should take, with the results ultimetley seeing the Monarchy abolished, and the Republic of Uluru established in its place, with elections too take place in 1954. In the meantime the provisional government is lead by the notable resistance fighter and local military leader Ballil Naluda, who begins implementing an increasingly isolationist policy in the newfound republic, which following the invasion and the lack of support from the supposed allies of the empire is increasingly distrustful of foreigners (Especially Europeans) and has little desire to interact with them when, in their view, it has only led too ruin in the countries past. Although trade continues with the outside world (Mainly with friendly powers such as India, Arabia, and Burgundy) out of necessity and desire to repair the countries economy following the occupation, Uluru begins too become increasingly isolated on the world stage and adopts a policy of Political Neutrality in the affairs of other countries, outside the obvious hostility too the British Monarchists and Facists, much of the leadership of which was involved in the genocide. In Uluru itself, efforts too repair the countries infrastructure and economy and recover from the war begin, and although they are expected too take years, go relatively well so far. In terms of population, although the native Ulurun population was the main target of British genocide, making up 5.5 million of the 9.76 million casualties, other population groups the British saw as undesirable or had a grudge against, such as the large Indian population, were also on the receiving end of a large amount of persecution and delibrerate civilian killings themselves, and the Ulurun population remains the majority of the remaining population of 22 million, although massively reduced in number and now only making up about half the population. The mass persecution and desire for revenge also leads too English being banned as an official language in Uluru, and the small remaining British merchant class that survived after the first war of Independence being forced to leave the country, and although violence is for the most part avoided, large scale threats of it are not. (More to come, maybe)