|Queen Elizabeth in 2015|
|9th Queen of the Cygnians|
|Reign||6 February 1952 — present|
|Coronation||2 June 1953|
|Heir apparent||Charles, Prince of New South Wales|
|Queen of California, Louisiana, South Africa, Pakistan, Ceylon, and Tuvalu|
|Reign||1952 — 1956 (Pakistan)|
1952 — 1961 (South Africa)
1952 — 1971 (Louisiana)
1952 — 1972 (Ceylon)
1952 — 2000 (California)
1978 — 1986 (Tuvalu)
|Born||21 April 1926 (age 95) |
Perth, Swan, Empire of Cygnia
|Spouse||Philip, Prince Consort of Cygnia (m. 1947)|
|Issue||Charles, Prince of New South Wales|
Anne, Princess Royal
Prince Andrew, Duke of Melbourne
Prince Edward, Earl of Hobart
|Elizabeth Alexandra Mary|
|House||House of Stuart-Campbell|
|Religion||Church of Cygnia|
Elizabeth (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary; born 21 April 1926) is the current Queen of the Cygnians, having reigned since 6 February 1952.
Elizabeth was the first daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Sydney, later King George IV and Queen Elizabeth. Her father acceded to the throne on the abdication of his brother Edward II in 1936, from which time she was the heir presumptive. She began to undertake public duties during the Third World War, serving in the Army Reserve Women's Corps. In 1947, she married Philip Mountbatten, a prince of Greece and Denmark, with whom she has four children: Charles, Prince of New South Wales; Anne, Princess Royal; Prince Andrew, Duke of Melbourne; and Prince Edward, Earl of Hobart.
When her father died in February 1952, Elizabeth became monarch of a newly emerged Union, born from the collapse of the preceding Empire of Cygnia at the close of the Third World War. Her early reign saw the first steps taken after the promulgation of a new constitution, and the decolonisation of Asia. Between 1956 and 2000, the number of her realms varied as territories gained independence and realms, including Pakistan, South Africa, Ceylon (renamed Sri Lanka), Tuvalu, and California, became republics. Her many historic visits and meetings include a state visit to Japan and visits to or from five popes. Significant events have included her coronation in 1953 and the celebrations of her Silver, Golden, and Diamond Jubilees in 1977, 2002, and 2012 respectively. In 2017, she became the first Cygnian monarch to reach a Sapphire Jubilee. She is the longest-lived and longest-reigning Cygnian monarch as well as the world's longest-reigning queen regnant and female head of state, the oldest and longest-reigning current monarch and the longest-serving current head of state.
Elizabeth has occasionally faced republican sentiments and press criticism of the royal family, in particular after the breakdown of her children's marriages, her annus horribilis in 1992, and the death in 1997 of her former daughter-in-law Diana, Duchess of Sydney. However, support for the monarchy remains high, as does her personal popularity.
Titles and honours
|Royal Family of Cygnia|
Notable deceased members
|V • T • E|
- 21 April 1926 — 11 December 1936: Her Imperial Highness Princess Elizabeth of Sydney
- 11 December 1936 — 20 November 1947: Her Imperial Highness The Princess Elizabeth
- 20 November 1947 — 6 February 1952: Her Imperial Highness The Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Palmerston
- Since 6 February 1952: Her Imperial Majesty The Queen
Her full title is Her Imperial Majesty Elizabeth, Queen of the Cygnians, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith
- In Latin: Elizabeth, Regina Cygnorum, Consortionis Populorum Princeps, Fidei Defensor
- Until 1953, her official style was by the Grace of God, of the Cygnians and of the Dominions beyond the Seas, Queen, Defender of the Faith.
- From 1953 until 2000, her official style was Queen of the Cygnians and of Her other Peoples, Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.
In the Commonwealth realms, Elizabeth was accorded different titles, as each monarchy was legally separate.
- Pakistan: Her Imperial Majesty Elizabeth, Queen of the Pakistanis and of Her other Peoples, Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth
- South Africa: Her Imperial Majesty Elizabeth, Queen of the South Africans and of Her other Peoples, Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth
- California: Her Imperial Majesty Elizabeth, of the Cygnians and Californians, and of Her other Peoples, Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith
- Louisiana: Her Imperial Majesty Elizabeth, Queen of the Cygnians, of the Louisianans, and of Her other Peoples, Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith
- Ceylon: Her Imperial Majesty Elizabeth, Queen of the Ceylonese and of Her other Peoples, Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth
- Tuvalu: Her Imperial Majesty Elizabeth, Queen of the Tuvaluans and of Her other Peoples, Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth