Why not there be Danish and Dutch colonies. The Dutch were a very powerful country. They settled parts of America and they are northern enough to know how to survive those temperatures. Couldn't there have mabye at one time been a Dutch territory that mabye got assimilated into mabye Bellinsgauzenia or Ross and Scott.
Also could there have been some lost early colony. Like Roanoake or the Vikings
Chicagoan 22:09, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think there are any records of the Vikings sailing as far south as Antarctica. There is unconfirmed reports of the Phonecians going around Africa. Mitro 22:19, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
Completely changed the article, so I thought I'd explain a few things:
- South African "colonization" essentially means "the Prince Edward Islands".
- Chile and Argentina had berkner bay colonies which evolved into modern Santiago.
- I have an idea for Japan to gain control of a formerly German island following World War I.
- I have another idea for Denmark to take out a concession with the Kingdom of K'athar, which would give them a small, possibly short-lived Antarctic foothold.
- I split Norway and Sweden, though they were briefly united during Maudland's early years, meaning they would both have had sovereignty claims over the colony.
Mister Sheen 21:59, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
help the timeline
can I help?01:54, March 14, 2016 (UTC)