The Cold War was a state of military and political tensions between the Western Bloc of Europe and the Capitalist World(primarily the United States of America and the United States of Columbia along with their NATO allies), against the Eastern Bloc of the Communist World(primarily the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and it's Satellite States along with their allies in the Warsaw Pact).
There is no total agreement between historians on the exact dates but 1947-1991 is the most common time period. The term "Cold" was used by the international community because although it was a war, there three Superpowers never really engaged each other in direct conflict but merely bankrolled and funded violent proxy wars around the world. This period of history would destroy the temporary alliance against Nazi Germany as the sides involved had vastly differing socio-economic systems and as a result, saw each other as natural enemies. The Cold War would emerge immediately after WW2 due to a series of altercations between the newly materialized Superpowers of the world (i.e the USA, USC and USSR).
Being a Marxist-Leninist State, the USSR was a One-Party Totalitarian State where the Communist Party governed as the sole ruler of Soviet Society, owning exclusive rights to control all forms of media, expression, intellectual debate and resources whilst with it's obligations being in the equal distribution of wealth and resources amongst it's citizens. The Politburo is the main legislative body of the Soviet Union and acts as the main governing council responsible for the maintenance of the country's economic system, comprising of an anti-consumerist centralized economy. The Communist Party had the duty of ensuring the creation of a classless society as articulated by Karl Marx, and after the death of Josef Stalin moved to the inception of this kind of society by leading the spread of the workers revolution around the world. This was one of the main reasons why the USA & the USC would adopt a policy of containment against the Motherland, thus causing the Cold war to emerge.
In contrast, the USA & USC operated a totally different socioeconomic and political systems. As Capitalist-Democracies, both states were administered by a Multi-Party government where a Democratic Constitution regulated it's power and guaranteed free elections, free press as well as freedom of expression, assembly and association. Egalitarian by nature, all citizens under both nations were assured equal human rights and opportunity (although this fact was disputed by the international community and USC itself in terms of the USA, especially after WW2). The Congress(in both the USC & USA) is the main legislative body for both Superpowers and due to the Capitalist policies of the nations intervene minimally in the active running of the economy. This means both the USC and USA govern economies where market forces operate freely and private ownership dominates. Due to it's political system, both the USA & USC are home to societies where class divisions are vast and the gap in wealth between citizens is extremely huge, characterized by a rich minority class and a poor/middle class majority. This is the main system that the Soviet Union looks to overthrow, thus both nations look at the entire Soviet system as a threat to democracy and most importantly, Capitalism.
- World War 2 was at its peak with Nazi Germany at the brink of collapse upon a brutal two front war. The Soviet Red Army was ripping the Wermatch apart from the East with Soviet Premier Josef Stalin demanding German blood whilst the Allies(Britain, France, Columbia and America) whom mantained total Air superiority on the West were poised on striking a fatal blow on the Industrial heart of Germany ~ Berlin.
- The USC and USA launch a two pronged attack on the Phillipines and other Japanese occupied islands in Oceania. The campaign begins on May the 1st and ends on August the 22nd with US General McAurthur and CS General Greyson leading the campaign. After the successful liberation of Oceania from Imperial Japan, both generals would begin plans for an equally brutal campaign if not worse - The Island Hopping Campaign. But both the Columbian and American high command would postpone the dates for this brutal operation due to a number of logistics issues. On the 9th of September both US President Franklin D. Roosevelt and CS President Howard F. Johnson would agree for the campaign to take place the following year whilst their militaries prepared the logistics and continued their fight against the Japanese in China.
- After a brutal naval campaign and land invasion of SouthEast Asia by the USC, Columbian troops finally liberate ￼Indochina from Japanese Occupation after months of brutal military clashes between the Columbians and Imperial Japan of whom defended their extent into the French Colony to the point where 1.7 Million Japanese troops would be lost in a matter of months before the Imperial Japanese Command would finally decide to tactically withdraw from Indochina so as to save their men from the ongoing onslaught on the 27th of September.
- On October, the Soviet forces liberate all of Eastern Europe from Nazi Germany and plan their last offensive against the Wermatch & Luftwaffe stationed in Poland. On November the 3rd, Soviet Forces enter Poland.
- After some brilliant tactical work from Soviet General Georgi Zhukov, the Soviet Army gain absolute air superiority in Poland and surround Warsaw thus liberating the Polish Capital on the 25th of November
- The American Manhatten Project is completed and the world's first Nuclear Bomb is produced by the USA. The Trinity Test is conducted in Jornada del Muerto,New Mexico in the USA on the 19th of December, where the first Atomic bomb is detonated for testing. The US Government is first reluctant to share the horrifying breakthrough with their Sister Nation, the USC, but seeing how by February that year, the USC had begun funding the Manhatten Project with millions of Dollars to the point where they would begin their own similarnproject in the USC Capitol - Lexington, the Roosevelt Administration would begin considering letting the USC in on their new Trump card. Plus with their project in Lexington, sooner or later the Americans knew the USC would make their own, so best take some of the glory for it.
- On February the 16th, the Japanese Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere collapses as the last of the forces of Imperial Japan are expelled from the Asian mainlands by the the combined Columbian-Chinese Forces in Manchuria with a disorganized retreat from the Japanese forces there.
- Meanwhile in Europe, the Allies(USC,USA,UK) finally enter the borders of Nazi Germany on the 27th of February after the disastrous Battle of the Bulge offensive by the Nazis
- The Columbian Air Corps and US Airforce launches one of the biggest and most devastating air raids of Germany by bombing the major German cities of Hamburg, Frankfurt and Berlin for a merciless 7 days and 10 nights. But Adolf Hitler urges his Reich to fight on with an elaborate plan of attempting to form an alliance with the West and defeat the Soviets, who's tank fleet and air superiority was overwhelming.
- On March the 3rd, Soviet Forces finally liberate Poland and Austria and decide to enter Germany two days later.
- In the Pacific the brutal hopping island campaign headed by the USA & USC with intents invade the Japanese Imperial heartland begins on the 6th of March. The Columbian-American Allied forces would be forced to fight on the fiercely Japanese defended islands whilst slowly making their way to Japan.
- On the 6th of April, Soviet Forces enter Berlin. The total collapse of the German military was imminent. On the 18th of the same month the Allies also enter Berlin. With all the damage done by the Germans back at home, the Soviets would be the most brutal in their campaign to destroy Berlin and Nazi Germany.
- On the 22nd of April, with all hope lost, the German Fürher Adolf Hitler is believed to have committed suicide, although Allied forces are unable to retrieve his remains because his body is allegedly cremated instantly afterwards on his orders. Requests on the 28th of April by several generals in the USC forces, in particular General Thompson to nuke Japan and Germany are rejected by the Union Congress and Columbian President Johnson. On the 30th Admiral Karl Donitz becomes President of Nazi Germany
- Realizing that all hope was lost, Karl Donitz signs Germany's unconditional surrender to Allied forces on the 13th of May. Symbolizing the Capitulation of Nazi Germany.