It's the Year 1870 and the world is on the verge of war. In Europe, the French Empire under Napoleon the Third prepares for war against Prussia, which has been provoking Napoleon for the past few years. In the United States, President Grant leads the nation through Reconstruction, but faces opposition by white militant groups. In China, the Qing Dynasty still continues to reign, but in a weakened state after decades of humiliation and faces three rebellions. Meanwhile, in South America, the continent sees the end to one of the bloodiest wars in history as the forces of the Triple Alliance close in on the forces of Francisco Lopez.
As the world continues to march into war, many wonder who will rise and who will fall after the End of Peace.
- 1 Rules
- 2 Strikes
- 3 Algorithm
- 4 Archives
- 5 Moderators
- 6 Map
- 7 Sign ups
- 7.1 Europe
- 7.2 Africa
- 7.3 Asia
- 7.4 North America
- 7.5 Central America
- 7.6 South America
- 7.7 Oceania
- 8 The Game
- Don’t be an idiot.
- Don’t be implausible.
- Have fun.
Strikes can be given for things like open bullying of another player, editing events and responses without mod-approval and the like. If you manage to get three strikes, you will get banned either temporarily or permanently, depending on the kind of violation and how fast you got them.
- Legend (one ban) -
- Alti - I
- Mod: User:Colgan dog
- Mod: User:Ycasto
- Mod: User:Nkbeeching
- Mod: User:AshokSurya (aka Dev)
- Algorithm Mod: User:Stephanus rex
- Economics Mod: User:Person67
- Map Maker: Mr.Orwell
Sign up rules are: Can’t be two nations at once, you can only put your name by one. To claim a country, please put your signature next to the country you wish to be. If your nation has a puppet, protectorate, colony or whatever, then you may put your name under them and play as them as well as your nation, just put the subjugated state’s turn underneath its master's turn. If someone wishes to play a colony, puppet, protectorate, etc., then ask the master nation’s player first.
- /Imperial Federation - Steph (talk)
- Natal - Steph (talk)
- British Ghana - Steph (talk)
- British Nigerland - Steph (talk)
- British Central Africa - Steph (talk)
- British Senegal - Steph (talk)
- British Sudan - Steph (talk)
- British Kikuyuland - Steph (talk)
- British East Africa - Steph (talk)
- British Zambeziland - Steph (talk)
- British Guyana - Steph (talk)
- British Aden - Steph (talk)
- British Raj - Steph (talk)
- Irish Free State - Foothillball
- Third French Empire -
- French Tripolitania -
- French East Africa -
- State of France - Th3Legend27 talk
- Principality of Andorra -
- Kingdom of Spain - NWO008
- Kingdom of Portugal - Majestral1
- Angola - Majestral1
- Moçambique - Majestral1
- Kingdom of Denmark-Norway - Rodby
- Greenland - Rodby
- Luxembourg -
- German Empire -
- German West Africa -
- German Mittelafrika -
- German Madagaskar -
- Cochinchina -
- Kingdom of the Netherlands - KQBJ
- Dutch East Indies - KQBJ
- Kingdom of Belgium -
- Russian Empire - Tullin
- Kingdom of Italy - Ycasto
- Danubian Federation - Colgan dog 17:00, August 11, 2019 (UTC)
- Kingdom of Serbia - Poofoster
- Kingdom of Greece - Batran99
- Kingdom of Sweden - User:CharDestroyerOfTacos
- Iceland -
- Kingdom of Morocco -
- Kingdom of Abyssinia (Russian Protectorate) - Tullin
- South African Free State (Transvaal + Orange + Griqualand West) -
South East Asia
- Great Nam (Vietnam) - Emperorkangxi
- Kingdom of Siam -
- Burmese Empire -
- Kingdom of Nepal -
- Kingdom of Sikkim - Altacc
- Kingdom of Bhutan -
- Emirate of Afghanistan -
- Republic of Turkey - Solace
- Sublime State of Persia -
- Rashidi Caliphate - Reximus (Talk)
- Sultanate of Muscat and Oman -
- Dominion of Canada -
- United States of America - Mr. Orwell
- Mexican Republic -
- Mayan Republic of the Yucatan -
- Free Republic of Tabasco -
- Republic of Guatemala -
- Republic of Nicaragua -
- Republic of Honduras -
- Republic of El Salvador -
- Republic of Costa Rica -
- Republic of Colombia -
- Republic of Venezuela -
- Republic of Ecuador -
- Republic of Brazil -
- Republic of Bolivia -
- Republic of Chile -
- Republic of Argentina - Feudy McPlagueface (talk)
- Republic of Peru -
Gavrilo Princip is tried by a Bulgarian court which sparks ethnic riots in Yugoslavia over the trial and execution of Serb. Gerogi Todorov with 3,000 armed supporters marches on the former Bulgarian royal palace in Sofia and proclaims the Republic of Bulgaria. With ethnic pride hanging high a force of 150,000 soldiers and with more on the way, the Bulgarians move on a frontline stretching across the OTL 1914 Bulgarian border.
Spanish diplomats move to gain Germany as a Spanish ally and request to buy 400,000 Mausers and 2,000 Maxim guns along with German military advisors.
- La Plata: Elections occur this year and Hipólito Yrigoyen is declared the victor after a long and hard campaign over most of the 1919 campaign path. A hard fought campaign against the conservative Magnate a trueborn Argentinian of extremely wealthy background, the campaign was effectively considered a non-starter against the vast wealth of the conservative magnates attempting to get their candidate, Juan Carlos Valdez. However, due to promises of further workplace reform - specifically in working conditions, workplace pensions, and the expansion of the compulsory education system, Yrigoyen makes some serious gains within the lower echelons of society. The momentum brought about by an assassination attempt, and President Urquizas overt support for Yrigoyen sees his come from behind victory. Various improvements to working conditions are embarked upon immediately alongside the expansion of compulsory schooling. Legislation for a Pension system is drafted and refined to prevent loopholes and is expected to be presented after careful development in 1921. The consolidation of wealth within the country has seen massive boons to the economy. With high wages, labor still in shorter supply than a government would truly want, and a burgeoning Social safety net, La Plata becomes known as "The Queen of the Atlantic." Its closely guarded civil liberties, beautiful landscape, and being known as a true land of opportunity, brings many far and wide. It begins seeing a boom in its tourism industry specifically from Americans who the Platinean peoples see as "Our strong brothers to the north." This growth in tourism is of all kinds. Seeing the countries cities, its wilds, and its people. One of the most important factors in this boom in wine making is the massive increase in quality over the last few 10-15 years. In a funny twist of fate, French immigrants while small in number until recently had set up shop and begun producing extremely high quality wine forcing the more quantity driven wineries to either accept the challenge to their supremacy or roll over. While many didn't make it, the improvements in quality to match the French wine making immigrants led to yet another competition of business as quality was increased. This is put to the point of export of Platinean wine in large quantities as well as the Wine industry truly begins to come into its own. The industrial sector truly on autopilot now for development is more or less left alone by the government this year with even a light tax break gifted to the industries on the condition the money is either put into the coffers in fear of another recession, or drive further growth. Many choose growth and all of the countries industries begin to grow still. Their rapid expansion putting La Plata on the map as a rising exporting power not just to South America but to other world powers as well. With Japan being one of the primary buyers of the countries goods, one can see the Spanish marked Platinean steel, machine parts, and consumer goods appearing in Japanese markets complementing the Asian nations own industry with gaps effectively only being filled where needed. The Automotive industry expands as well seeking to fill more orders for automobiles this year with newer models of affordable cars reaching the market. roughly double last year's number are sold this year with roughly 60,000 of the vehicles being purchased. This does, however, force a development of a roadway system to support the vehicles and a light highway is built between Buenos Aires and Montevideo two of the major cities with a notable number of cars. The Buenos Aires Metro system sees much more of its lines open this year and mass transit begins to be built now in Montevideo. The army continues to be equipped with its new weaponry and the launching of its two new dreadnoughts this year is met with fanfare. The immigration this year stands at about 300,000. However, population growth by natural birth has exploded rapidly with nearly 250,000 born this year as families get larger. The decrease in infant mortality is noted to be a major reason for this. The population reaches 16.5 million.
- Kingdom of Denmark-Norway:
Progress continues in integrating Denmark and Norway into one stable nation. The military of Norway, a mainly militia based force, is molded into the Danish modernized military. The Norwegian Navy is also added to the Danish Navy. However, the older and lightly armed Norwegian ships are hardly the heavier class warships the Danish Navy has been emphasizing. As such, the four ironclad monitors still in the Norwegian Navy are decommissioned and melted down for scrap to be used to construct a new dreadnought, which would be Denmark's fourth natively-built ship. Additionally the Danish-Norwegian government begins working to utilize Norway's vast natural resources to stimulate Denmark's already industrializing economy. The roads in northern Norway are renovated and updated to accommodate more vehicles, specifically trucks which transport large quantities of metal ores, timber, and coal to Denmark's burgeoning factories and workshops. Tariffs are also imposed aiming to reduce the amount of raw materials are imported, hoping to encourage Danish companies to use Norwegian natural resources.Additionally, to aid Russia's war effort against Turkey, Denmark sends 300 newly graduated Royal Danish Military Academy cadets to Russia to fight as airmen in Anatolia. With war looming on the horizon in Europe, anti-German sentiments begin sparking back up in Denmark, with many conservative politicians such as Otto Liebe inflaming tensions with passionate speeches calling for the rescue of Danes under German rule and revenge for the humiliation inflicted onto Denmark.
- Turkey: Status quo antebellum is offered to Greece and Russia, since whatever (Player Responses Needed).
- Kingdom of Italy: The marine is given a larger focus on the new torpedo technology and submarines. The fortification program with Dutch support on Sumatra continues, especially along the strait of Malacca to minimize piracy in the region. Militarism is widely common in Italian society. With more and more tendencies that could lead to a war in Europe, the Colonial forces in North Africa are enforced by 50,000 men who either signed up or are taken from the police forces. The colonial forces in Africa make up now a total of 100,000 men in Carthage and 15,000 in Mali. In Indonesia a force of 20,000 is put in training, with some fortifications along the border to the Dutch colonies. Four destroyers are still in process of being built. The industrialists are given lower taxes if they invest into a more modernized form of production, the same goes for farmers if they use modern farming methods. In Fiji, a large military garrison of 1000 men is set up, all of them are marine infantrymen. A few coastal fortifications are set up, but those are fairly minor. The influence over the Zhejiang region is extended by extending the lands for Italian businesses, who invest especially into the locally very important textile industry. These ideas need further development, as the planes are not as maneuverable as hoped.SECRET The civil war in France, though surprising, brings new options to Italian expansionism. The mostly unprotected and cut off Tripolitania region becomes the target of Italian colonial ambitions. 40,000 men and 50 artillery pieces are stationed in Tunisia and Cyreaeca, along with some smaller forces in Fezzan to prevent the French from retreating south. 30 planes are used as well, especially to get information about enemy positions. The Battalian Sorelese, a secret French and left wing oppositionist army trained by Italian officers is sent to France as well, to organize general strikes, anti-war protests and even riots if necessary in France, as well as agitate for a republican cause, and separatist tendencies in Occitania and the Basque Country are exploited by funding separatist parties (MOD RESPONSE ON THE SUCCESS, PLEASE). These soldiers were once exiled, but now come back to France to bring back the republic. SECRET END The fairly large gold deposits in Mali are further exploited, and many Italians, especially Sardinians, migrate to Mali to make a fortune as a gold miner, or at least they hope so. The new weaponry is now fully in use in the army, whereas the old weapons are still in use by the police or are shipped to the colonial forces. The French oppositionist demand for a peaceful retreat from Tripolitania is agreed upon. However, only under the condition to leave the artillery pieces and defensive positions in the region intact (FRENCH OPPOSITION RESPONSE, PLEASE). The matter concerning the Batallion Serolese, however, is to be declined unfortunately, as the Republican forces are not operated by the Italian government but by themselves. Political tensions continue to rise as the corruption and incompetence of the Liberal government becomes worse and the King becomes more and more distracted by the struggle of keeping a governable government. A snap election could have disastrous effects, because either the ALN could assume power and put the power of the monarch and the Prime Minister into those of de Vecchi and his men, or the URS could come to power and abolish the monarchy once and for all. In June, a law passes that prohibits anti-Italian actions, that is working for or helping an organization that seeks to abolish the power of the parliament and especially the Monarch. The law includes things like newspapers as well, and even the church is called to divest priests from their office if they have connections to the Christian socialist unions. Even with a large and booming economy, the police becomes more and more an institution of distrust because the corruption and political bias that has always been strong in the rural south becomes more prominent. Benito Mussolini gets his hands on Hitler’s Manifesto and sends him a letter regarding the book, inviting him for a planned meeting of all worker’s parties of Europe. Invitations are sent out to representatives of various leftist parties, most notably the SPD in Germany, the SDAPÖ in Austria (and Hitler as an individual) the exiled leftists of France, the Labour Party of Britain and the Social Democratic Party of Russia. The meeting is planned to be held in Turin in May.
- United States: The 1920 census finds at estimation of 110 million Americans. The New York Times ridicules rocket scientist Robert H. Goddard. A series of Dry protests are held across the nation, mainly by women and Christians protesting the vetoing of the Prohibition Bill. Meanwhile, President Roosevelt, to compromise, and starts putting policies in place to limit the sale of alcohol past certain times and not on Sunday. The Browning M1920 12.7 mm machine gun comes into service as a heavy caliber HMG. 8MK is the first commercial radio station that begins operation as an all news channel in Detroit. The Wall Street bombing occurs with 39 people killed in the explosion. The first domestic radio sets also begin being sold around the nation for ten dollars each. President Roosevelt wins his last reelection, However, for it is discovered, the man has lung cancer. Six South Dakota-class battle ships are laid down.
- The Russian Empire: Due to the advancing Russian Imperial Army, the newly formed "Temporary Occupation Force of Anatolia"(TOFA) declares the "Young Turks Movement" illegal and sends an arrest order for any members of the movement. Specific arrest orders going to Emmanuel Carasso, Ismail Enver, Yusuf Akçura, and Mustafa Kemal, as they are seen as heads of the "Young Turks". While seeing the ousting of the sultanate we offer Mehmed VI/II offer him exile in Constantinople or Athens, a pension, to restore some of his titles, and to give him some of the power he held. The army begins to order more Fedorov Avtomats to get a total of 3,000 produced before 1921 and 10,000 produced before 1922 while at the same moment the army looking into getting new designs for a lighter but fast shooting pistol calibre gun. While the Army of Aleksei Brusilov and Anton Denikin meet for the first time, at the Battle of Ankara Where aeroplanes drop pamphlets to civilians warning them of the massacre that will happen if they do not flee the city, giving them advice in Turkish telling them to convince others to flee as well. To try getting soldiers to defect and accept Allied imprisonment where they get food and housing,instead of death. Warning all citizens that the attack they will suffer will kill without discriminating between soldier and civilian that it will not be able to be defended against.
- Imperial Federation: Hearing the Russian Call for Aid, the six lancer regiments of the Imperial Expeditionary Force are dispatched to Turkey. Although no longer equipped with lancers, the units do come deployed with modern Smith-Condit Rifled carbines and 24 of the CTUTCs. The Troops are deployed to support Greek formations, which are lacking in suitable cavalry units relative to the Russians. Militarily, the Revenge-class battle ships are finally beginning to enter service with HMS Revenge leading the class. Meanwhile, the Naval Air Service conducts extensive testing of HMS Vindictive with several carrier-borne aircraft options. A Torpedo Bomber, the Sopwith Cuckoo is adopted for testing alongside the Vindictive as the first purposed-designed carrier plane. Economically, strong growth takes hold in financial markets, despite instability in France and Turkey. The overall feeling that war has been avoided proves highly beneficial as more conservative trade practices fly out the window. In Canton, British Investors begin to see massive returns on the huge population there. Meanwhile, the cities of the republic witness major infrastructure developments. A highly efficient taxation system is instituted, akin to the one found in India. This tax system allows the country to pay for its own administration, army, and infrastructure on the backs of its 45 million people. With liberal British investment and limited political intervention, Canton experiences rapid economic and social change, breaking from China’s historic challenges and embracing many western practices. Cantonese, the Lingua Franca and majority language continues to grow in practice and standardization. British loans are used to fund educational programs for the lower- and middle-classes, improving the overall strength of the country’s workforce. Australia and New Zealand benefit immensely from this nearby growing market, selling vast quantities of steel to the Cantonese, Indians, Japanese, and even China itself. Overall, the empire is strong economically.
- Kingdom of Portugal: Two cruisers and a submarine enter the fleet, with another three cruisers and three submarines on the way. A seaplane carrier is being made out of an ocean liner. The Chamber of Deputies passes a naval armament plan that calls for building three modern powerful dreadnought battle ships in Portugal's own shipyards. The ships will be laid down sometime before 1925, when the current projects are all finished. The fleet currently includes six pre-dreadnought battle ships, nine cruisers, six auxiliary cruisers, and 15 destroyers. The Aeronautical Services of the Army and Navy train their pilots in Portuguese Africa and the South China Sea, respectively, opening the Luanda Air Station and the Macau Naval Air Station. The Portuguese Empire also prospers economically, with continued growth in both the metropole as well as the colonies. In November the National Union publishes its next manifesto ahead of the 1921 election, which places emphasis on Patria (Homeland), the importance of the State and the King, and Catholic social values. Joao Franco will be stepping down as the premier. The geographer and colonial administrator Abel Fontoura da Costa emerges as a competitor for the head of the party and the government, besides the diplomat Jose Maria de Sousa Horta e Costa and General Pimenta de Castro.
In Italy, overzealous government spending on the navy begins a financial crisis as inflation skyrockets. Factories shut down as the Italian economy shakes like Mount Vesuvius. Protesters appear on the streets of Rome, Naples, and Milan to demand the resignation of the current government. Protests in Taranto and actually squashed violently as sailors join in with police against the protestors. Seven die, over 60 are injured and up to 200 are arrested in Taranto alone.
The Yugoslav War carries on with both sides becoming bogged down due to intense fighting, neither the Serbs or the Bulgarians can move the front. The Serbians ask for Austrian arms while the Bulgarians do the same but for Russia. Massacres of either ethnicity take place on either side of the border sparking international condemnation of the war.
In France, royalist troops use tear gas to flush out rebel positions during an offensive in to retake parts of Burgundy making it the first time in history gas is used in warfare.
In South Africa, the government begins to quell parts of the Mau Mau Rising using the controversial but effective Concentration Camp Strategy.
"The Eagle Army", 7,000 Spanish "volunteers" arrive in Northern France to fight for Boulanger and Napoleon IV. Anti-European riots occur in Cairo and Alexandria.
The first Zeppelin airline is opened in Europe offering flights from various German cities to destinations in Britain, Austria, Russia, and Scandinavia.
A Red Scare starts across Europe with Communist Riots in the Ruhr, Bavaria, Burgundy, Bohemia, and Moscow, and Southern Italy.
- La Plata: The ascension of a militarist government in Brazil sends warning signals across the whole country. President Yrigoyen turns his attention north and the Army is sent north with nearly 200,000 troops to man the fortifications along the border with Brazi. The remaining troops are deployed just farther south in the event of a major war breaking out with Brazil, and the Atlantic fleet even sees its first major deployment guarding the coast and keeping watch over Brazilian movements along the coast near the border. The stock market takes a modest hit due to the violent change in government in Brazil. However, the economy still remains strong and vibrant. The development of a basic social net and the pension system federally mandated helps fulfill the majority of the promises given by the President during is election campaign. The development of the countries southern states finally finishes its more recent phase with infrastructure and regional development as high as they can go at the moment. With railways interconnecting resource production sites with the city of Neuquen and therefore the remainder of the countries dense railway network. The labor shortage finally seems to fix itself as population growth and immigration continually fills that gaps and Agriculture is more or less a filled out sector of the economy. Office buildings, factories and other elements of the economy begin to be filled out as well as the Industrial and commercial sector begin to consolidate the last decades gains. The Metro systems in Puerto Alegre and Montevideo are started with their completion slated for 1924. The last dreadnought of the Pacific fleet is completed and the lighter ships begin to be constructed with ten destroyers and a battle cruiser laid down this year. The army adopts a new small arms implement this year, the Valdez Automatica, a fully automatic rifle ostensibly operating as a sweeping gun and light machine gun in support of the Infantry. The development of the auto industry also sees the Generals begin adopting new strategies for keeping its army supplied and stocked with motorization seen as a key element in this. The first trucks are domestically built in La Plata to handle this and only about 100 are delivered this year but the plan is order nearly 500 more. The immigration and population growth continues to expand. nearly 300,000 migrants this year many hailing from France and Italy as well as Spain. Asian immigration occurs as well but with relative peace in that region the immigration pressure is not nearly as high. The population reaches 16.9 million and comparing official census records with the last known records in Brazil, the nation officially surpasses Brazil in population. Brazil is noted to have about 14.5 million people while La Plata officially has 16.9. It is seen as a great accomplishment that could not have been done without immigrants to the country. A holiday is proclaimed, immigrants day celebrating immigration and its extremely positive impact on the country. Plans to expand the army are undertaken with plans to put nearly a million men in Uniform should the need arise specifically citing the possibility of war with Brazil as a need for this number. The possibility of conscripting even more is put into place with a rough estimate of about ten percent of the population being fit for drafting putting total numbers of the military somewhere in the realm of 1.6 million should service in the military become a requirement. This is not stated to be needed but the plan is shelved for potential use should the need arise.
- Brazilian Federation: New elections are called, and the moderate Constitutional socialist party plummets in popularity after the President failed to end the reparations or retake the land stolen from Brazil by La Plata. In response, the Partido Nacional Revolucionario, a merger of the bourgeois liberal party and some elements of the Constitutional Socialist Party, which uses an ideology of agrarianism, political Catholicism, revanchist nationalism and revolutionary aesthetic and rhetoric borrowed from the socialists but stripped of all its meaningful social implications. The PNR's popularity is also boosted by a reaction to the anarchists and revolutionary socialists who have a strong influence in the new federal government. The PNR, however, distances itself from the old monarchist and traditionalist conservatives who were overthrown in the 1918 revolution. In the 1921 elections, the PNR gets 28 percent of the vote while the PCS (moderate socialists) gets 17 percent, the PTC (anarchists) gets 29 percent, the PSB (revolutionary Marxist socialists) gets 20 percent and smaller conservatives get the remaining six percent. The conservatives, constitutional socialists, and revolutionary nationalists form a coalition led by Washington Luis, the middle-class chairman of the PNR. Washington Luis is quickly granted sweeping powers and launches a series of reforms. He abolishes the federal system and creates a unitary state, centralizing power in his own hands; he launches a purge of the army, targeting mainly socialist and anarchist officers as well as those who would oppose his rule. He also bans the PSB and PTC, who stage massive strikes and riots which shake the country. Before his purges can be carried out, Luis Carlos Prestes (a military officer and leader of the PSB) stages a coup and removes him. The country is shaken and Prestes decides that the revolution of 1917 hasn't gone far enough. Prestes decries that the church and the nobility are the two biggest enemies of Brazil, and local militias take over the mansions of the elite and repurpose them as communal living spaces. Prestes announces the formation of the "People's Committees for the Defence of the Revolution" which spring up all over Brazil and act as local militias. He calls for a new constitutional convention and the country is renamed the Socialist Republic of Brazil. A solid red flag is adopted instead of the old reactionary one. President Prestes announces that the new nation is not the same one that signed the treaty of Rio with La Plata and will be cancelling its reparations. Prestes institutes a policy of "Defence of the Revolution" as fortifications are built along the border with La Plata and the USA, revolutionary militias expand to be most of the male population, and average citizens are trained in military tactics and guerrilla war. Brazil also offers to give asylum to any European socialists persecuted by the Red Scare and we call a world socialist congress to replace the dead socialist international.
- La Platan Dip: La Plata demands that reparations be resumed or the country will be subject to sanctions, and possible intervention. It is also pointed out how it would be literally impossible for Brazil to win a war against La Plata in its current state. Brazil is no longer the most populous state in South America, and its industrial base is miniscule in comparison to the La Platan industrial base.
- We do not wish for war with La Plata, but these reparations are overly harsh and are crippling the Brazilian people. La Plata is already a prosperous nation and clearly does not need to squeeze Brazil dry of its natural resources. We simply hope that the La Platan government should take up a more humanitarian foreign policy and allow Brazil to grow and prosper.
- Kingdom of Denmark-Norway: Construction of the New Danevirke is completed. After four years of heavy military expenditures, the nearly 60 mile long line of defensive trenches, barbed wire lines, 14 redoubts and four major forts along the German border is finished. King Haakon VII himself arrives to tour the New Danevirke, during which he declares the defensive fortifications the "Skjoldr (shield) of all Scandinavia". With Norway and Denmark united in a personal union, Denmark sends a trade mission to Norway, offering free trade and immigration between the two nations, with Norway's vast natural resources complementing Denmark's burgeoning industrial economy (MOD RESPONSE NEEDED). This would also allow Danish dairy farmers displaced by industrialization to begin establishing dairy farms in Norway's vast open spaces. Additionally King Haakon of Norway, not wishing one of his realms to be less militarily protected than the other, reforms Norway's military to create a standing army rather than a militia force and conscripts 35,000 men. Danish military officers are sent to train the new Norwegian conscripts while Norwegian cadets are admitted to the Royal Danish Military Academy (MOD (STEPH) APPROVAL VIA DISCORD). With anti-German sentiment spreading through Denmark-Norway and the civil war in France heating up, Iceland sends a group of prominent citizens to King Haakon VII with a petition for independence. The citizens explain they are afraid that if war would come to Denmark-Norway, Icelandic inhabitants would suffer if Iceland was cut off from Denmark-Norway and supplies ran out. King Haakon VII is hesitant to reject the petition, feeling that if he did and violence broke out his Norwegian subjects might look on him unfavorably for using violence to suppress an independence movement. Thus he accepts the petition and grants Iceland independence but on the sole condition that Iceland cede a track of land for Denmark-Norway to build a naval and air base on. Denmark-Norway soon builds a naval air base known as Keflavik Naval and Air Base. It is the only place on Iceland where the Danish flag is flown.
- Iceland: Guðs vor land. Hannes Hafsteinns is elected President. Alþingi results see 21 seats go to the Workers Party, seven to the National party and 12 to the Centrists. The army grows to 4,000 troops which go through training. Three fishing ships get two turrets on each side. Five governmentally owned fishing boats are set in place. A fish salting and storage is turned into a factory. Kakali Dock starts construction. Bessastaðir is made the presidential home.
- Kingdom of Greece: The Greek government accepts Russia's offer for Konstantinos Mazarakis-Ainian to be knighted by the Russian Tsar. As the siege of Ankara comes as a victory to Greco-Russian forces, with Ankara being one of the last major strongholds holding out in Anatolia. The Greeks, with support from the less than 500,000 Russian Army (with casualties from the siege) in the field coming in from both east and west (thrace), had set out to occupy the rest of Anatolia by next year or so. Some Greek forces are left behind to rebuild the city after the devastating siege from bombardments. There is now a total of 250,000 Greek forces mobilized and active in the field, with 80,000 situated on the Yugoslavia border to build up defenses to prevent a spillover. While 50,000 are situated on the Greco-Turkish border to man its own defense. The rest of the 120,000 are now inside Turkish territory, with 10,000 holding out in Ankara supported by other Russian Occupation forces. To bolster their losses, the Greeks welcomed the Six newly arrived regiments sent by the Imperial Federation. Greece, joining the Temporary Occupation Force of Anatolia (TOFA) (discord), sets an objective to occupy the rest of the peninsula by next year and establish a treaty by 1923 if not earlier. Although the Greek government reaches out to the Turkish government, offering to end the fighting on grounds of an unconditional surrender. (Turkish response, please)(More later).
- Turkey: Sure, whatever.
- Dominion of Canada: Small communist riots are occurring in Toronto and Ottawa. Many people began to question the government leadership. On July 19 the Prime Minister of Canada was assassinated during a meeting. The government would soon blame the communists and the police are sent to arrest suspecting communists. Meanwhile, the military grows weak as government funding on it starts to shrink. The red scare in Europe is already affecting Canada as many people began to fear communism.
- Kingdom of Portugal: The 1921 general election results in the National Union gaining 115 seats while the remaining 33 went to the Portuguese Republican Party. Most notably, the young up and coming politician Antonio Salazar gained a seat in the parliament after standing for election for the National Union. As promised, Franco gives his resignation to the King after many years as president of the Council of Ministers. Abel Fontoura da Costa, an explorer and former governor of Cape Verde, is named the next Prime Minister and told to form a government by the King. A cruiser and a submarine enter the fleet this year. The total strength of the armed forces currently stands at about 110,000 men. The new government orders the construction of fortifications along the entire Spanish border, including barbed wires, trenches, machine gun nests, and walls. The Portuguese Army is equipped with modern rifles and machine guns from Portuguese factories. The development of aviation also continues, with pilots receiving training at the Military Aviation School as well as field training in Africa and Macau. The seaplane carrier nears completion.
- Kingdom of the Netherlands: The first catapult launch of an aircraft off a naval ship occurs. The first Dutch naval carrier is made from a refit of a previous dreadnought battle ship. Invites are made to any nation interested in the second Amsterdam conference. An opportunity to discuss current issues such as the Civil War in France and other things. (Players and mod responses for any country interested.) The Kingdom of the Netherlands makes sure that it is clear that this will be a convention of nations in Amsterdam to discuss new opportunities.
- Icelandic Dip: We know we’re irrelevant but we‘d like to discuss.
- Denmark Dip: Denmark will send a diplomatic delegation to attend the conference.
- Kingdom of Italy: Shortly before the insurgencies in the south began, the so called “Third International” was planned to be held in Turin from the 30th of April to the 3rd of May. Many of the invited delegates arrived under difficult circumstances, most notably the French and German delegates, who dominated the meeting once again with around 70 delegates. In second place, there were the URS-M and the URS-R and the Russian social democrats. A short meeting between Mussolini and Hitler was arranged, yet the exact topics they discussed are unsure and are up to debate among scholars. However, it is certain that Hitler predicted a moon landing within the next 50 or so years to be achieved, and that contact to extraterrestrial lifeforms is not impossible. The meeting is crushed by police men on the 1st of May however, which lead to the large insurgencies in several Italian cities. Among the dead was a 15-year-old bystander, who was mistaken for a member of the rioting youth organization of the URS-M. This occurs at the first of May, the month becomes known as “Bloody May”, or ”il Maggio insanguinato” the following riots span for almost two weeks, and the boy who got shot becomes a martyr of the protestor’s cause. The following street battles in Taranto between the sailors, the police and the aquadristi expand shortly after, with the violence spreading over the Christian-Socialist region of the Salento peninsula. Meanwhile, the sailors of Venice cooperate with the AOI protestors and the Maggioranza Squadristi to organize a general strike in the Venice harbor and several factories in the city. A few attacks on smaller police stations are reported, mostly to steal firearms and ammunition. The north is largely under Squadristi control, the Po River is seen as a border which has to be secured first. Seeing the obvious potential for a revolution, Mussolini seeks to centralize the Squadristi, ordering the individual leaders to contact their local Maggioranza faction. The Squadrare da Combattimento Proletari (Proletarian Combat Groups) are founded as an official section of the Maggioranza led by a rising functionary in the party, Palmiro Togliatti. He orders the Combat groups to connect the northern cities and secure supplies for the southern Christian-Socialist activists. The government in Naples is put under heavy pressure, with a large pressure toward King Filiberto I: to abdicate. The king, however, has a last desperate plan. The order to the colonial army of Carthage is given, to seize Tripolitania. Knowing that the soldiers there can barely receive orders with the civil war going on in their home nation, 35,000 men enter the region. 20,000 cross the border from Tunisia, 10,000 from Cyrenaica, while the other 5,000 remain at the Fezzan border to prevent a retreat southward. The navy, meanwhile, blockades the Strait of Sicily to make communication and supply shipping impossible. the propaganda victory is fairly limited. However, it is enough to keep the government together for another few months. The navy budget is also cut immensely. With the economy in recession, the workers in strike all over the nation and a parliament that is barely functional, the remaining large corporations fund the ANF squads to prevent their factories from being under strike as well. this leads to more violence, and sabotage becomes a popular method, especially among the unemployed or day labourers. (More to be added maybe)
- French Directorate: With the Provisional Government receiving support from Britain, Charles Murras calls for support from every member of the Concordate primarily from the United States and the Danube Federation. Meanwhile, the National Revanchist Army reaches a total of 300,000 men and begins to dig in trenches along the front lines. With the Italians willing to allow the retreat of French Forces from Tripolitania Murras agrees to their terms as the 50 percent of the artillery pieces present in French North Africa are assembled in Tripoli while the other one-half is secretly smuggled as the French North African garrison is evacuated as a Revanchist Fleet arrives to pick up 50,000 men. With French East Africa also vulnerable due to the civil war another Revanchist task force is sent to evacuate the 50,000 men present in the region as the Provisional Government offers to hand over French East Africa to the United Kingdom. With these developments, a force of 75,000 Revanchist troops under Ferdinand Foch launched an offensive in the Region of the OTL Pays de la Loire in order to secure the region while Revanchist troops in Burgundy fall back to the Region of the OTL Rhône-Alpes where they dig in in preparation for the arrival of Royalist Forces. Meanwhile, the Seat of the Provisional Government is moved to Marseilles where the main Revanchist Fleet is anchored and where Charles Murras proclaims the French Directorate with him as the Directeur de France and Phillipe Petain as his Directeur Adjoint. Meanwhile, Murras establishes the Intelligence Bureau of the Directorate headed by Léon Edmond to stop the efforts of the Italians as they continue to send in their Socialist cronies to infect the Directorate. Meanwhile, the Revanchist Air Force begins launching raids on Royalist Cities with an Ace of the Revanchist Air Force, Raoul Lufbery leading a successful raid over Paris striking the Tuileries Palace of Napoleon IV and the Presidential Palace while also taking down 13 enemy aircraft from the Royalist Air Force. The Population of the Directorate reaches 19 million this year as Murras announces a major conscription willing to expand the Directorate’s Military Forces to defeat the Royalist Government.
- United States: President Roosevelt takes his last oath of office. On July 4th at 8:19 EST, President Roosevelt slumps over in his chair while having a drink of brandy. The cancer has gotten to him, and he lies never to awake. On July 5th it is announced that President Roosevelt died peacefully on the night before, and mourning begins. Vice President Calvin Coolidge who had just replaced Howard Taft in the 1920 election is sworn into office. Taft, however, becomes a Chief Justice of the United States. The Sacco and Vanzetti trial occurs. The Pirates vs the Phillies game is broadcast live over the radio to the nation. During a trip to New England, Franklin Roosevelt manages to catch onto the boat and nearly falls into the water. The man later goes on to hiking and doing other physical activities. The battle of Blair Mountain in West Virginia, the largest strike in the nation's history is broken up by police and federal troops. In total many are killed in the fighting including three federal soldiers. Work on the South Dakota battle ships continue. Meanwhile, work on two Lexington-class battle cruisers start, the planned USS Lexington and USS Saratoga. US air bases are established in Africa, the home front, and Hawaii. A total of 10,000 marines arrive in the Guiana and Suriname territories. These marines are pulled from Haiti and the Dominican Republic after it is decided military occupation of both countries are not needed.
- Imperial Federation: Reports from the front in Turkey demonstrate to the cavalry the value of armored combat vehicles. The CTUTCs are essential to several major advances by Imperial troops, slashing through Turkish lines. The Revenge-class battle ships all finally are finished with the commissioning of the last two scheduled for 1922. Reports from Canada grow increasingly disturbing, culminating with the assassination of the Prime Minister. In parliament, some question whether it was responsible to let Canada have home-rule in 1867, but regardless, investors and politicians alike are worried by the rise of extremist socialists in Canada. At home the red scare is weakened by a strong economy and the highly commercial nature of the federation. A series of coal miner strikes do cause challenges and the government passes several work place regulations to improve working conditions. Meanwhile, more money is invested in education to help end generational poverty in the Federation. Fortunately, the highly industrial nature of the home isles and the relative strength of its competitive businesses allows for these higher wages and better working conditions at only a limited cost to profits. The Vickers Company develops a timing gear to allow for single-seater aircraft to fire machine guns forward through propellers.
- Danubian Federation: We send arms and 30,000 troops to help Serbia out and censorship of Serbian atrocities is put into place.
- The Russian Empire: The Turkish Republic surrenders to "Temporary Occupation Force of Anatolia", General Aleksei Brusilov is made Field Marshal of the Russian Empire and Anton Denikin being promoted to Colonel General of the Russian Empire - both due to their actions in the war against the Republic of Turkey, which eventually made the Russian Empire win against the Turkish Republic. This is helped by the use of Maxim Tachankas and the 3,500 Fedorov avtomats made, the Fedorov showing the power of high speed long distance gun action. The Tachanka being mostly used to create chaos and confusion when the Russian Army broke Turkish lines by looking like retreating troops, while shooting Turks when they could not notice it. This improvement leads to minor simplification of the Fedorov avtomat, making it easier and faster to produce. While with the occupation of Turkish republic the whole army is disarmed and high ranking generals, officers and marshals being arrested until trial can come for them. With the police force being forced to downsize to 5,000 people in total. With the Russian government promising that all high members of the military and government who surrender will not be put to death. While this is happening the Russian empire offers to buy the Danish Indian Islands (Danish Response). This so the they can be used as stop between Russian Coornelis islands and Russian Abyssinia.
The Yugoslav War carries on with hundreds dying in horrid charges being bogged down by barbed wire, machine guns, and artillery fire. Many think the no mans land of the Serb-Bulgar border is what the future European War would look like. Austrian troops fighting in Serbia show Europe the first shows of "Shell Shock." Meanwhile, Danubian Pacifists also protest in Prague and Vienna against the war.
Boulanger dies of a stroke while giving a speech in Paris. Royalist General Philip Petain along with some officers, coups the temporary government under Napoleon IV. Petain as de facto leader of royalists, offers to negotiate with Murras for the reunification of France.
Guerrilla Warfare is conducted my members of the former young Turks against the joint Greek-Russian occupation force.
The Red scare reaches North American as communists protest and attacks in Canada. This brings both Canada and the United States in fear was their been reports of attacks by the reds near the US-Canadian border
In South Africa, the tactics used to counter the Mau Mau are changed. Light armored cars are introduced and after some tinkering, the KMG 1922 (OTL Hellriegel 1915 SMG) is created as a prototype with some limited service by South African bush soldiers. The weapon proves cumbersome as it weighs up to 25 pounds with its water cooled jacket.
In Britain, many citizens and politicians begin demanding that Britain does something about South Africa’s concentration camps.
In Germany, the Chancellor with reichstag support announces its intervention in France and sends in 150,000 German troops to seize northeastern France and surround Paris. They demand the release of Napoleon IV and the surrender of rebel forces. Germany organized a new royalist government with government officials and royalist soldiers who either fled Paris or were already in northeastern France.
Korea claims the Chinese throne for itself and launches an invasion of Manchuria.
- The Kingdom of the Netherlands: Following word of the concentration camps in South Africa against the Mau Mau the Kingdom of the Netherlands states that it shall not support such things in South Africa and with German focus to the French Rebellion the Netherlands begins upgrading its mobilization in fear of becoming a German target the army forces double from roughly 175,000 to nearly 350,000 over the course of the year 80,000 are allocated to South Africa to end the concentration camp practices and Prime Minister Charles Ruijs de Beerenbrouck of the Roman Catholic Caucuses states that the natives shall not be treated as animals as they have good reason to rebel against us with the apartheid practices currently in place and that these natives should be exposed to the Catholic religion as an opportunity for education not to force it upon them but simply to expose them to it. He also adds that the government was in the wrong during its time befriending and working with Germany as it focused 100 percent on its own interests and not those of the outside world. Thus he declares that the Netherlands shall remain neutral in the French conflict but should war break out it will take any opportunity to avoid the rising influences of socialism and communism.
- Yugoslavia: The Free Liberation Army Party Yugoslavians are planning to beat the occupation of what happened.
- La Plata: The country begins to more heavily fortify its border with Brazil expecting full-on Revanchism to take hold and a possible buildup. With roughly 300,000 troops on the border with Brazil plans various offensive and defensive plans are made to more effectively take on another war with Brazil should the need arise. The economy continues to see notable growth as the industrial sector expands to meet new demands and exports from abroad. Yet another moderate tax relief is levied in Buenos Aires to further encourage the banking sectors growth into a financial hub. The "no strings attached" form of many of these loans become extremely popular. However, morality lays heavily on decision making for these loans preventing multiple loathsome individuals from securing large loans for less than reputable purposes. President Yrigoden finally secures final support for his expansion of workers rights and begins implementations immediately. The Platinean fleet continues to expand with the arrival of the first wave of its pacific fleet, especially the fleets new battle cruiser, with contracts immediately put out to bring 15 more destroyers, seven light cruisers, and four heavy cruisers to this fleet. The expansion of the national metro system sees Montevideo now fully covered after roughly three years of construction and Puerto Alegre entering its final year of the metro systems development within city limits. In order to facilitate greater connections between cities, major high speed mass transit lines are established between Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Rosario, and Cordoba with plans to expand these lines to every major city in the country. Neuquen following a major period of expansion of its population is forced to address reality. The City is expanding in population faster than it can develop housing, jobs, and infrastructure to support. This sees the city in league with federal government secure Federal funding for the cities expansion as well as a large low interest loan to expand the cities meager housing into a much larger bloc. The First apartment buildings and urban housing blocs are established here in the same architecture of Buenos Aires and La Platas other large cities. Seeing the influx of immigration this is sorely needed. The city is noted as the fastest growing city in the country as the open lands to the south and Neuceras status as the "gateway" to these lands of economic wealth puts it in an extremely positive light for immigration. Growing nearly by nearly 40,000 in the last three years, Neucera boasts 100,000 people and to address its new status, the City is renamed to San Cristobal. In order to foster more unity and establish further central control over the formerly Brazilian states, the cities of Florianopolis and Puerto Alegre are renamed and are to undergo rebuilding into much more organized and well planned cities. Florianopolis is renamed to Cristobal, and Puerto Alegre is renamed to San Salvacion. The population reaches nearly 17.4 million as immigration slumps slightly this year. However, the aggressive population growth in the country and the up and coming of the first generation of children to live in the Post Great war world as adults soon, the growth is noted to be as a major result of the industrial boom occurring. The development of high quality farming equipment, an automotive industry, and now even some luxury goods factories further feeds into the growing wealth of the country as well. For the first time since the nations federalization in 1908, the ministry of the census notes that natural population growth may very well outpace immigration next year with a predicted growth of nearly 350,000 natural births next year. The further establishment of Spanish as the main lingua franca of the country is solidified. However, it is duly noted that the vast majority of Platinean citizens including natural born speak multiple languages. Spanish, Italian, English, and French are noted secondary languages in the country. In Buenos Aires, a massive monument is commissioned known as the Goddess of Liberty. Imitating the sheer scale of the Statue of Liberty in New York, and developed from the effigy of Liberty on the May Pyramid in Buenos Aires, the statue is meant to be a warm welcome to all who visit not just the city, but the country. Its expected completion date is 1925. La Plata begins extending its trade and soft power influence over the continent striking up clear commonalities with Colombia, Venezeuala, and Ecuador offering favorable loans, improved diplomatic reputations, assistance in industrial development, and favorable trade deals. This is done in an attempt to curry favor and notable private citizens of all three of these countries take up La Plata on these deals. Specifically using La Plata's growth and developing expertise in oil and rubber investment into Colombia's rubber industry and Venezuela's oil industry is expected to yield extreme profit within a few years as well as further secure La Plata's economic sway over the continent by pinning down key sectors in these national economies. Taking cues from the United States and the development of Hollywood, the city of Salta becomes a hotbed of of the Film industry as many small time production studios are set up taking advantage of favorable business policy of the country. Clearly experimental in nature, many Platinean film makers are those who have spent time in Hollywood and adopt many American principles and strategies in regards to film making looking to replicate Hollywood's success in La Plata. A State sponsored project sees Platinean investment into Zeppelins taking public knowledge of their construction and attempting to translate this into La Plata's first airship, designed to be a luxury liner. Investment into helium refining in the United States by Platinean investors allows a better market price for La Plata in securing helium in quantities available for an airship. Should the first airship prove to be a success the plan to develop a whole fleet (now currently just a pipe dream) is put to paper for multiple uses including cargo transport, civilian transport, luxury, and possibly even military uses if the kinks can be worked out.
- Iceland: President Hafsteinn is dead, Presidential election are held with Judge Einar Arnarsson becoming President. Extra two Government-owned fishing boats are added. A trade agreement is proposed between Denmark for wood in return for ish (Danish Response Needed). Two Suites are added to Bessastaðir. President Coolidge is invited to be the first Visitor in the Suite (American Response needed). Using the wood from Denmark President Einar give people who still live in mud shed their own two-story wood houses. It was called “The Third Agreement.”
- Kingdom of Denmark-Norway: 35,000 Norwegians are trained by Danish officers as the beginning of a professional Norwegian Army. Denmark sends diplomats to Norway and Sweden proposing a Scandinavian Reciprocity Treaty, which would allow goods to be traded between the three nations without taxes or tariffs and allow citizens of each country to travel and immigrate freely. (MOD RESPONSE DESPERATELY NEEDED) With the New Danevirke completed, the Danish government has much more military funds available, and as such begins forming the Royal Danish Air Force. The Royal Danish Air Force Academy is created as a subsection of the Royal Danish Military Academy, with the five Danish officers sent to train in England returning to begin training Denmark's airmen. Additionally, the Danish government purchases a license to produce Russian planes in Denmark. The Danish government begins investing in the creation of new aircraft. However, it is estimated that Denmark will need at least a few years to begin producing its own aircraft. Denmark also begins to use its influence in Norway to begin spreading the idea of Scandinavian unity. The Danish government funds the spread of pamphlets and newspaper articles emphasizing the closeness of Denmark-Norway and the historical bond the two nations share. Simultaneously, the Danish government funds the mass printing of flyers and pamphlets in Sweden pushing for closer relations with Denmark, arguing that the Scandinavian nations should stick together and protect one another.
- The Norwegians and Swedes agree to the treaty
- Kingdom of Portugal: Two Portuguese naval aviators, Gago Coutinho and Sacadura Cabral, make the first aerial crossing of the South Atlantic, taking off from Lisbon and landing in Rio de Janeiro with several stop overs in between. They also tested the new artificial horizon (altitude indicator). It is seen as a milestone in the history of the Portuguese Naval Air Service. The seaplane carrier, a converted ocean liner, is completed this year and joins the Portuguese Navy, being capable of launching flying boats from catapults and also carrying maintenance facilities for the aircraft. Another cruiser and two submarines join the fleet, leaving one cruiser under construction. The 1st Submarine Squadron now has four boats, and is part of the Home Fleet in the capital. Upon the completion of the last cruiser next year, the first of Portugal's native designed modern dreadnoughts will begin construction. The Army begins building the line of fortifications on the Spanish border that was approved last year. The country continues experiencing economic growth at the start of the 1920s, well past the stagnation around the turn of the century. Economic development also continues in the colonies, which are settled by more Portuguese. Education levels have also risen as more schools are opened and the government makes an effort to enforce compulsory education.
- Nippon: Reacting to the Korean act of war Emperor Teruhito after discussing the matter with the Imperial Diet declares war on Korea in the first ever Imperial address over the radio. The Kwantung Army is mobilized reacting quickly to the Korean invasion catching the Korean forces as they attempt to cross the mountainous border region. The Japanese forces improve already built in fortifications, and taking advantage of the newly improved roads and supply system.The IJN also begins an overall blockade of the Korean peninsula and in particular begin bombardment on Inchon, and Seoul as a 40,000 men marine offensive is prepared.
- Kingdom of Italy: In 1922 the Civil War reaches another peak, when the government in Naples declares the state of emergency in Italy. Christian Unions such like the FCAO, the Federazione Cristiana dei Operare e Contadini (Federation of Christian Workers and Peasants) calls its members to participate in the general strike and defend themselves in an armed struggle against the police and the fascists if necessary. As a result, the insurgency of smaller farmers, land workers and seasonal workers spreads to the Basilicata and Calabria region. A group of 100 or so functionaries travel to Bavaria and the Rhineland, both traditionally very catholic regions and agitate catholic laymen and priests alike to keep their own revolution going, saying that their own revolution can become reality, just like in Italy (MOD RESPONSE NEEDED!!). The SCP combat groups of the Maggioranza start do restructure themselves as a real army with Togliatti as the head of the force. Togliatti’s men seek to agitate more soldiers, especially those of the marine infantry and the younger recruits. Soldiers are often not met with violence, but with single political officers in bars or cafes who agitate sometimes entire squads of men to fight for the socialist cause. From there on, weapons and ammunition are smuggled into Maggioranza controlled areas. The Ligurian offense by Mussolini is launched in March, where the SCP starts to attack the cities of Genoa and Parma, from where large masses of local Squadristi join in to secure the cities. With the help of local farmers the connection between the newly attacked regions are secured. The Royal Army, meanwhile, is launching a large attack against the revolts in Rome, where the majority of the SCP fighters are either killed or captured. The first official flags for the Maggioranza faction have been introduced, for them the gear and torch symbol has been created, which is placed together with a golden star on a red banner. Likewise the Christian Socialists have developed their own symbol, the St. John’s cross combined with a red star. Their symbol, however, is placed on a black background to represent the martyrdom of Christ. The colonies, meanwhile, become more and more of a hotbed for Berber and Wolof nationalism, often sympathetic to the Communists, as the natives hope they would be liberated with communist aid and could rule over their land once again. In September, the last battles in the streets of Turin are won by communist forces, as around 300 soldiers desert their positions to fight with the Reds. This leads to the shut down of the FIAT automobile works as well and the arrest of one of the owners, Lodovico Scarfotti who was not able to flee the city. As the Beretta gun factories have been cut off from most of their contacts, the Brescian Squadristi manage to hijack a series of trucks who were sent to bring guns to a Royal Army basis. The Civil war ever bloody pressures the King into a fateful decision, as he names the populist Cesare de Vecchi as an intermerim prime minister. The king sees him as the last straw to stop the Red tide creeping closer and closer to Naples, while consuming the industrial centers of the nation. The ANF Fascist Squads are prepared for mass arrests in various cities of the Italian central and southern regions, often without a trial. They introduce their symbol as well, the Fascis, an ancient roman symbol representing authority and strength. The press is also heavily censored, the parliament is out of power as the state of emergency has been declared. The military takes a larger role as well, when the highest generals declare the supreme leadership (after supposedly pressuring the King into it) under the leadership of Rodolfo Graziani, Field Marshal of the Italian Army. Adolf Hitler, meanwhile, returns back to Vienna after studying the ideological and strategic goals of the Italian revolution.
- Dominion of Canada: Times are looking worse for the Canadians. The economy is not in great shape. Riots are breaking out by communist every in the street from Victoria to Ottawa itself. The Canadian government declares states of emergency. In Ottawa, police and soldiers deploy to ether arrest or kill communist protester and suspecting communist. Soon government launch anti-communist propaganda on the population with more red attacks. Around 10,000 soldiers are deployed in Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City, Montreal, Victoria, Vancouver and Edmonton. The government also began to send more soldiers to the border in fear that socialist attacks near the border. The new Prime Minister is seen as a dictator with him declaring with emergency power. The government also learns of a possible communist attack on Buffalo to get the US to declare war.
- United States: President Coolidge declares a state of National Emergency on the Canadian border and currently restricts travel between the US and Canada. 100,000 US soldiers are put on the eastern Canadian border in New York. 30,000 are manned in Detroit, and a total of 100,000 across the main Canadian border. President Coolidge asks the Prime Minister King if the US could send in troops to help crush the communist riots (Canadian Response). Work on the Lexington battle cruisers and South Dakota battle ships continue. Billy Mitchell’s USAAC also gets an expansion with the Huff-Daland A-1, a light bomber which has been outlawed for an attack role. Mitchell sees air power as a way to dominate on the ground, an artillery price which can accurately target hostile defenses on its own. The USAAC also experiments on a Douglas Cloudster by mounting a Davis recoil-less rifle to it to use as a sort of flying artillery. Of coarse it starts from a low 37 mm caliber up to a large 76 mm 3" gun. The SS Cyclops, a navy supply ship is brought into Norfolk Harbor to begin a reconstruction into an experimental aircraft carrier. The final decommissioning and scrapping of old battle ships and cruisers from the 1880s to the 1900s following mothballing begins. Yankee Stadium opens its doors. The Honda Point Incident occurs when a destroyer runs aground and forces a halt to the escort of ships to rescue survivors of the crash of the USS Woodbury. The Walt Disney Company is founded. And with the Canadian response, troops under Douglas MacArthur march into Canada, not as conquerors, but as peace keepers. Mac doesn't expect a warm welcome and deploys combat cars ahead of troop columns. Over head USAAC planes fly scouting missions over the cities to identify where major crowds are. US troops in the major cities deploy bayonets and join the file against struggling Canadian troops and police. In the western and central parts of Canada, US troops help out in Vancouver and secure the Trans-Canadian railway. MacArthur does not fear terrorist attacks on Buffalo, as he ensure that enough troops remains behind to cover the border, and several coast guard frigates and light boats are sent on daily patrols of the Great Lakes. The Canadian public is assured once the violence is over, American troops will be headed home.
- Canada: We gladly accept the US offer. However, we warn them of possible terrorist attacks on Buffalo.
- French Directorate: Charles Murras accepts to negotiate on the reunification of France with Phillipe Petain but given that the Royalist Government are under attack by the Germans, Murras states that he will only accept that Phillipe Petain recognizes the French Directorate as the Legitimate Government in France due to the German Invasion having incapacitated the Royalist Forces (Mod Response Needed). Meanwhile, Charles Murras requests American and Danubian Support against the Germans and their Bonapartist's Puppets stating that if France falls Germany might not stop its Militarist Ways (American and Danubian Response Needed.) With the German Invasion, the National Revanchist Army’s size is increased to 450,000 due to the arrival of the Garrisons from the former French Colonies and the recruitment of new soldiers as Murras sends messengers requesting support from Royalist Armies to relieve the Siege of Paris (Mod Response on how much Royalist Forces join Murras.) Meanwhile, with the Italians locked in their civil war, Murras orders the Revanchist Army to march on Paris to counter the German Intervention as an Army of 275,000 men under the command of Ferdinand Foch to relieve the Siege of Paris while Murras introduces a new Conscription Law stating that every male from 18-50 will have to serve in the NRA for a period of five years in order to protect the nation from the German invaders. With this, Murras expects the Size of the NRA to increase next year in order to push back the Germans and finally achieve the Revanche France has been waiting for over 40 years.
- Mod Response: The Royalists agree to form a Coalition with the Directorate and the Royalist Forces join the Revanchist Army in fighting back against the Germans
- Imperial Federation: Although there is some internal pressure from the British populace in opposition to the concentration camps employed by the ZAR, there is not enough to prompt the government to take meaningful action. However, the crisis in Canada takes up more of the public's attention. Still responsible for the defense of Canada, the Federal Parliament authorizes the deployment of 50,000 troops to re-establish stable parliamentary democracy in Canada and both defeat the Communists and Authoritarian Reactionaries. These troops land in Quebec City and swiftly occupy the industrial core of the nation, suppressing communist influences and instituting martial law. Soldiers of the Canadian Army are asked to either lay down their arms or join the IEF’s efforts to restabilize the nation. (Canadian Army Response) The new Prime Minister is removed from office, emergency powers repealed, and the parliament dissolved. New elections are held in December under the watchful eye of Federal advisors. Concern that Canada has demonstrated an inability to responsibly govern itself is prevalent in the Federal Parliament. Thus, the newly-elected Canadian Parliament is pressured to agree to the Canadian Imperial Federation Act of 1922 which would grant Canada a partial-non-voting representation in the Imperial Federal Parliament and status as a newly created Imperial Dominion in perpetuity. (Canada Response) The Act would see Canada remain largely independent of the Imperial Federation, but would formalize a stronger economic, social, political, and military relationship between both countries. Economically, Canada would adopt the Imperial Pound Sterling as its currency, and drop any current trade restrictions (of which there should be very few as both nations are in the Commonwealth). Socially, it would enable the free movement of people between the Imperial Federation and Canada, although Canadians would remain Canadian citizens and vise versa. Politically, Canada would be subservient to Imperial Federation Foreign Policy on warfare, and would maintain its unified trade position with the Commonwealth. In agreeing to this, Canada would have the right to vote on Acts of War, Acts of Embargo, Acts of Sanction, and other foreign-policy related acts. Militarily, Canadian units would be equipped with Imperial Federation equipment, train with Imperial Federation units, and be integrated into the Imperial Federation Command as an independent Army Corps, the Canadian Army Corps. The Canadian Army would retain relative autonomy in times of peace, and it would be at the discretion of the Canadian Parliament as to whether it would be deployed. (OOC to the Canada Player: This has no impact on your ability to play Canada, and you would retain control over the Canadian Parliament, as well as the deployment of the Canadian Army, so long as it is consistent with Imperial Federation objectives.) Meanwhile, on the home front, massive urbanization continues in England, Scotland, and Australia. Owing to protectionist immigration policies, a thriving steel industry, and lax immigration laws, Australia begins to experience a population boom. The population stands at 6.4 million, including ~650,000 Indians, 200,000 Chinese, and 100,000 Japanese immigrants and immigrant’s children. Although initial push back against allowing non-whites was strong, after 15 years of successful integration, the yearly quota of immigrants is increased from 30,000 from India, China, and Japan to 25,000 from India, 15,000 from Canton, 5,000 from China, and 10,000 from Japan. In France, British troops deployed with the French Provisional Government are reinforced by some 30,000 more IEF soldiers. In Egypt, British investment skyrockets, after negotiating an agreement with Abbas II of Egypt. Abbas II will declare the Sultanate of Egypt, and lay the groundwork for a transition to Constitutional Monarchy. In exchange, the Imperial Federation will enrich not only Abbas II, but also his country. Meanwhile, the Jewish Settlement Territories fill with thousands of Jewish immigrants fleeing chaos in the Balkans, France, and elsewhere. They primarily settle in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, with smaller numbers taking up residence in the Suez Occupation Zone. Secret The Cavalry Department of the Imperial Federation Army begins experimenting in secret with specifically designed armored "Land Cruisers." The concept is a vehicle able to keep pace with cavalry formations and provide crucial fire-support. The project is placed under the supervision of the Tank and Water Storage Section to help hide its development. End Secret.
- The Russian Empire: With the end of war in Turkey begins the process of demobilisation with the Anatolian Army, being demobilised although still callable for the reserve. this making it so that 500,000 men are returned to their homes in Ruthenia, Bessarabia and caucasia. While part of the Thracian Army demobilised it being downsized from 350,000 to 150,000 with these men being mostly from Bessarabia, Ruthenia and Lithuania-Livonia. The Eastern Thracian troops and the Greek Army of Asia Minor with 150,000 troops form the other one-half of the "Temporary Occupation Force of Anatolia," These forces being there to keep order in Anatolia and to prevent guerrilla's doing damage against the people of Anatolia."the Assembly of Anatolia" after talks with Greek and Russian government, begin to look into banning certain political parties who cause destabilisation of the lands under the Assembly. While in Russia, the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party (Bolshevik faction) is declared illegal and the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party (Menshevik Faction) is placed on a List to monitor them - while at the same time they together with other Russian parties are invited to aid in a making of a new Russian Constitution. With this there is an anti-constitutionalist orthodox absolutist party called "Союз русского клинка" ("Soyuz Russkogo Klinka") who which for a more bureaucratic and Pan-Slavic Russia that looks at Russia First then the world. While the Banned Bolshevik faction of the "Russian Social Democratic Labour party" is for the overthrow of the tsar and all monarchy, and for the installation of Marxist communism which wants to an economic system where one takes and give as can while no reward for giving more then one needs to. While at the same time wanting the world to unite under this system, and to bring down democracy and monarchies. While with the war and men coming back there is a boom in industry as portions of these soldiers decide to take up jobs in the cities in factories where they produce Cold steel and hot new guns made from that same steel.
The Solidarity Alliance in France manages to rise up with 60,000 members and seize the Principality of Monaco and other areas near and around the Italian border.
Italy’s protectorates declare official independence, while the Greeks in Epirus petition Greece to allow Epirus to join Greece.
A group of rogue French officers travel to Corsica and seize control of the island, reclaiming it for the French Nation and request French support and recognition.
Germany reinforces the troops in northeastern France will 200,000 more troops, increasing the total number of troops to 350,000 combating in France.
With America and Britain sending troops to crush the communist riots, an alliance of Canadian Marxists is formed called the "Canadian People’s Liberation Army," a force of untrained guerrilla fighters willing to fight against the invading reactionary forces and free the Canadian homeland. Although impossibly outnumbered, the CPLA launches several daring attacks on American forces in the Rockies and detonates improvised explosives in major cities targeting Imperial Federation troops.
The Young Turks continue their insurgency against the joint Greek-Russian occupation forces.
- United States: In the Rockies following these attacks, many soldiers switch their rifles out for semi-autos. John T. Thompson, inspired by the South African KMG 1921 decides to start putting effort into an American "mini machine gun" or sub-machine gun. His design goes through two prototype phases, one with a belt, and one with a stick magazine, both of which fire insanely fast at 1,200 RPM. He begins to tone it down to a reliable but effect 830 RPM. The Thompson T1 goes into testing with the US Army. The Hollywoodland sign is inaugurated. Yankee Stadium is also inaugurated. In Canada, troops establish defensive positions along the Trans-Canadian Railway from Edmonton to Vancouver. At US Naval Air Station Lakehurst in New Jersey, the USS Shenandoah, the USN's first airship is commissioned. Work on the USS Cyclops continues. With the military in Canada, and the unpopularity for a war in Europe, President Coolidge is pressured by congress to declare neutrality in France, but will provide financial and possibly even arms to the French. President Coolidge does offer 22 million in gold and 12 US destroyers built between 1909 and 1916 to Denmark for the purchase of Greenland and the Danish Virgin Islands (Danish Response).
- Denmark-Norway Dip: In light of American neutrality in the Franco-German War, Denmark respectfully declines the US offer. Denmark-Norway makes it clear that it would be willing to reopen negotiations after the war between France and Germany is settled.
- Kingdom of Italy: Because the navy was not as involved in the civil war, the Army High staff under Colonel Graziani orders the 3rd Royal Fleet Command that is stationed in the royalist Sardinia to pacify Corsica once and for all. 6,000 marines enter the island in May, after a tree-month siege by the navy. The attack starts south of Bastia, 4,000 men enter the island, 2,000 men occupy Ajaccio. The Island is under Italian occupation to prevent any further uprising. Albania is occupied in a similar manner. However, the North Epirus region is mostly left alone, to avoid trouble with Greece. 3,000 marines are sent to Vlore and Tirana to keep the region peaceful and under Italian control. Any separatists in these regions are arrested and put in jail for high treason. Lombardy and Aosta fall under Maggioranza rule in summer. However, these seem to be more sympathetic toward the FCAO, especially the local German population where local FCAO squads are founded rather than SCP combat groups. The Reds connect with the Solitarité rebels and cooperate with them along the border. Around 2000 border guards join the red Army as the SCP guards are commonly known, together with some officers. A fascist counter offensive in Calabria mostly succeeds. However, they aren’t able to hold on to the coastal regions at the Gulf of Taranto. the previously socialist priests who were sent to Germany are reinforced with another 50 or so men, preaching and agitating to a socialist cause (MOD RESPONSE ON SUCCESS DESPERATELY NEEDED). It has to be noted however, that these priests went there without permission of either the URSM or the FCAO. (MORE TO BE ADDED)
- Danubian Dip. We request Italy back off from Albania.
- Iceland: Kakali Dockyard has finished construction. A cinema is constructed in Reykjavik. The Danish King is invited to the suite in Bessastaðir (Danish Response Needed). Einar sends a formal request to join the Concordat. (ANY MOD RESPONSE NEEDED)
- Denmark-Norway Dip: King Haakon VII would be happy to visit Iceland and visit his Icelandic brethren.
- The Kingdom of the Netherlands: In South Africa the Dutch soldiers end all concentration camps and propose the reformation of South Africa - a treaty in which apartheid shall end and all males shall be allowed to vote. (Mod response needed.) The Kingdom of the Netherlands declares any transgression upon South Africa or any action to institute apartheid regimes in South Africa as a crime against both the ZAR and the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
- La Plata: An ambitious arms designer having immigrated from Russia in the last five years using the cues of the free market and the ability to view some foreign weapons, proposes the Tikhar 23 a blowback operated submachine gun firing the .45 ACP round - the current base round that is in use for all of the countries baseline handguns. With a 30-round stick magazine it is seen as somewhat unconventional due to the length and current strategies of the army. However, its impressive rate of fire and relative controllability of the gun gives it a stunning show in the yearly development conference in Rosario. Am ambitious Colonel stakes his career on developing or adapting current combat doctrine to include such a weapon and trials begin following the delivery of roughly 1,000 of the weapons to his division. The Platinean Navy continues to develop and expand with its Pacific fleet nearing completion. With only the four light cruisers and five heavy cruisers left to construct all these ships are laid down to polish off the Platinean Pacific fleet and allow shipyards to begin more aggressive developments of new ships and possibly the building of battle groups to more actively patrol and secure the South Atlantic and South Pacific regions near South America. In order to build out a more prominent presence in the Pacific Ocean, Puerto Aguire and the surrounding areas to its railway network are removed from the national park reserve system in order to allow growth in the small port city. A series of notable port development materials are transported to the area and mirroring the South Atlantic port in Patagonia of Rio Grande the naval base is set to be developed over the next five-to-seven years allowing for a major docked presence to be deployed rather than being forced to navigate Tierra del Fuego. The economy, following almost 13 years of unprecedented growth, undergoes its first true economic ruin as a modern economy. While many other sectors of the economy remains extremely productive the massive expansion of housing and the financial institutions loaning to literally anyone regardless of reputation this has led to an unfavorable system within the housing market causing a bubble which has now burst bringing large amounts of attention to the financial sector and the Housing sector. The increasing rate of foreclosures on housing and commercial housing developments has burst causing a crisis. President Yrigoyen is forced to address the crisis post-haste and with great opposition from conservative and reactionary elements both of which have gained senate seats in recent elections, he institutes a program of government finance for the foreclosed homes as well as tight regulation on both the Banking and Housing development sectors. These regulations are followed by the creation of a series of regional credit bureaus which report to the central bureau of credit in Buenos Aires which will effectively monitor the credit of every citizen who has taken out a loan. The buyout program to prevent a housing crash is extremely popular within the growing middle-class and the many lower-class citizens who had their homes foreclosed upon by banks, and it does the job of stabilizing both the housing and banking sectors but not managing to recoup the lost economic growth. The Recession notably affects the entire countries economy as domestic loans become increasingly hard to come by. However, the quick measures taken by the government are expected to rectify the damage within a year, and economic growth will return to its pre-bubble growth by 1926. While the housing and Financial markets have receded the war breaking out in Europe on multiple fronts has seen the need for the export of vital war materials which sees the steel and munitions sector with the latter not generally being too profitable, exploding in profit of which most is redirected into industrial expansion. It is noted that after roughly 15 years and extremely favorable growth and development in the northern states, Rio Grande, Uruguay, and Santa Catarina have more or less become integrated within society with both being key players with the industrial economy along with the associated influence that came with this territory. The city of San Salvacion (formerly Puerto Alegre) in the last 15 years has very quick risen in size and influence becoming within the top five largest cities in the country claiming the spot as the 4th largest. In order the cities in size are Buenos Aires by far with 2.3 million, Cordoba, with about 800,000, Rosario with 740,000, San Salvacion with 600,000 and Montevideo with 550,000. The growth of the cities is expected to continue with most of these expected to reach over one million by 1930. The population of La Plata continues to surge as the nation crests 18 million flat out. Large French communities have begun to develop as more and more French immigrants reach the shores of the country. Most importantly, however, is the arrival of large numbers of Italian and Spanish immigrants running away from their own civil unrest within their home countries. The immigration report this year puts arriving immigrants at 250,000 down from normal years due to greater population accounting in countries at war in Europe. The natural population growth, however, has begun to absolutely skyrocket as the development of new towns, and growth of cities, availability of jobs, and a declining infant mortality rate sees nearly 400,000 in growth this year.
- Imperial Dominion of Canada: Canadian forces of around 10,000 with aid of American and British forces would launch several attacks on CPLA control areas in Alberta and Manitoba. The Canadian Government also declares nationwide martial law. A blockade on Hudson Bay is created by the Canadian Navy to prevent the CPLA of getting supplies from possible other countries. Meanwhile, CPLA would launch several attacks on Winnipeg taking control of the city. The CPLA also began to use acts of terrorism in the US by planting small bombs in Buffalo. This plan would work as around 22 American citizens are killed and 12 wounded. This would cause the Canadian government to both heavily militarize its border with the US and begin to make talks with the US to limits its involvement fearing more terrorist attacks on American soil. (United States response needed) The army also hears that CPLA plans to launch terrorist attacks on the Imperial Federation.
- Kingdom of Portugal: Economic growth continues throughout the empire and now mainland Portugal has a decent industrial base, although it is under the control of a relatively small number of families. The King and his financial advisors, who are also inspired by the suggestions of the recently elected MP Antonio Salazar, allow the economic development to continue under a number of family-owned conglomerates that are supported by the state. These conglomerates also work closely with the state-owned charter companies set up in colonies like Angola and Moçambique, which are privatized by the government partially. The majority of the Portuguese population still lives an agrarian lifestyle, but the growing industrial base is increasing Portugal's wealth. The literacy rate has increased and the number of schools in the country has also increased. With all other projects complete, the Lisbon Naval Arsenal begins work on three new modern dreadnoughts in February. At the same time, the two Admiral-class battle ships, long since obsolete, are moved to the reserve fleet and from January 1924 will be used as training ships at the Escola Naval (Naval School). Including them, the Portuguese Navy currently includes six pre-dreadnought battle ships, 12 cruisers, six auxiliary cruisers, 15 destroyers, one seaplane tender, four submarines, and more than 20 torpedo boats and smaller support vessels. The new Minister of War, Sidonio Pais, plans to reorganise the navy to function more efficiently. It would be based on a European naval force in the North Atlantic and an overseas force for colonial service, along with a strike force that can rapidly respond to any part of Portugal's territories. The home squadron will consist of the heavier warships, including battle ships, while the overseas squadron will consist of cruisers and some destroyers. The combined strike group will include the seaplane tender, cruisers, destroyers, and sloops for transporting marines. The engineering department of the Naval Ministry designs new avisos (or sloops), small warships for patrolling the waters around the colonies.
- Kingdom of Denmark-Norway: The Danish and Russian governments, formally sign the St. Petersburg Accord of 1923. Now that the Danish government has a license to produce Russian military aircraft, several factories are built to begin construction of the first Danish aircraft. The Danish economy thrives, as raw materials from Norway and Sweden flow untaxed into the newly established Danish industrial base. Factories and manufacturing plants churn out modern goods, from domestic items such as clothing, furniture and household goods to government sponsored military factories creating weapons, technology and military equipment. The massive boom in industry spurred by the abundance of raw materials provides employment for any Danish citizen, though factory jobs are far from ideal. The agricultural sector of the economy is weakened by the industrial boom as pollution rises. However, many Danish farmers are able to establish farms in newly claimed land in Norway. Danish cattle farmers flock to Norway to establish cattle farms, providing Norwegians with work. The Norwegian citizens are grateful to the Danes for employment, furthering the unity of both nations. With war breaking out between France and Germany, Denmark puts its armed forces on full alert in case the conflict spills over into Northern Europe. All along the New Danevirke soldiers man their defensive positions while the navy is prepared to sail into the Baltic Sea. The Danish military selects a group of 50,000 highly trained and efficient soldiers and officers to form a Royal Danish Expeditionary Force in preparation for the outbreak of war. The 100,000 men previously held in reserve are formally conscripted and begin training. King Haakon VII uses his kingly powers to order the conscription of 65,000 Norwegian soldiers, who begin training in the newly established military camps under Danish officers. Additionally, a request is made to the Norwegian Storting requesting the Norwegian Army be sent to help man the New Danevirke. While they would not be involved in any offensive operations, they would only be expected to help defend Scandinavian territory. The Danish request points out that if Denmark falls Germany would be poised to invade Norway (MOD RESPONSE NEEDED). With the Norwegian conscripts, Denmark-Norway's Army would number 345,000 men. Without it Denmark-Norway's Army would be 310,000 men.
- Danubian Federation: (posting for colgan. -solace) President Niklas Schwarz speaks with King Ferdinand, and after agreeing on possible solutions to the war that is ongoing between Serbia and Bulgaria, an army is conscripted of 100,000 able-bodied men to start a large offensive and to properly begin diplomatic talks to end the war following this offensive. The Danubian Congress allows this, and as such, 100,000 men are moved onto the front lines, making a push in lasting efforts to encircle and force retreating among Bulgarian armies stationed. With this large of an army being raised, the primary active soldiers and military is funded more, as well as the navy and air forces seeing increased funding. The Second Industrial Revolution continues to expand technological and factorial development, although the "revolution" has begun to temporarily slow down due to the war efforts faced. A technological trade deal, or rather import deal, is offered to the United States, as after Danubian diplomats witness the growing film industry abroad in the Western Hemisphere, believe it to be a good idea to expand that market in Europe further (Player Response Needed). Albania is recognized as independent from Italy, and Germany, Russia, the Imperial Federation, and Greece are asked to further the recognition of a sovereign Albanian state (Player Responses Needed). Due to the war between Bulgaria and Serbia, as well as the recent war between Russia, Greece and Turkey, historians iterate this period as the "Balkan Wars:" a series of wars between Balkan and/or neighboring-Balkan nations and territories. Attending universities and/or furthering education in various fields is promoted among the general population.
- In the Rashidi Caliphate, Caliph Abd-Al Aziz ibn Mutib (the adopted heir of the first Rashidi Caliph, Muhammad ibn Abdullah), continues his reign over large parts of Arabia and the Levant. In this year, with the Turkish nation under occupation, the Caliph offers the Greek and Russian (RESPONSE) occupiers to relieve their forces in parts of Southeast Anatolia (including the captured city of Adana) according to this map. Meanwhile, the Caliph announces that he is laying claim to the rest of the Arabian Peninsula, in accordance with the Aden Deal. Caliph Abd-Al Aziz offers the remaining principalities in Arabia to either join the united Caliphate or face his military prowess (MOD RESPONSE). The Kaaba, having been rebuilt after its sacking by the French, in Mecca remains a powerful attraction for Muslims across the world to travel to the Caliphate (and a substantial form of revenue for the Caliph's disposal). The Caliph decides to allocate a portion of those revenues to the modernization and rennovation of Mecca and Medina. In Syria and the northern parts of the nation, the economy continues to grow as niche export markets (largely in agriculture, but also in minerals) benefit from access to the Mediterranean. Globally, we announce our support for the North African independence movement from the former protectorate of Italy.
- States of the Arabian peninsula agree. -done by Ycasto on discord.
- Kingdom of Greece: After talks with the Italian government, there has been an agreement with Italy for Greece to accept the petition for the Greek integration of Epirus into their territories (discord), so long as they do not push farther. Greece accepts the Caliph's help as any is welcome. Meanwhile, in Turkey, the Greek Army of Asia Minor is slowly being reduced to 150,000 troops in dedication to TOFA, with an extra 30,000 situated near the border. Demobilization efforts are underway as the standing army was reduced from 250,000 overall to 180,000. Steps are taken by the Assembly of Anatolia (or the Anatolian Assembly) to formulate the treaty. (more later?)
- The Russian Empire: "Союз русского клинка" ("Soyuz Russkogo Klinka") although not the most popular party begins to gain in numbers, with many of the first members being veterans of the War in Anatolia while others slavic nationalists, Absolutist monarchists, clergymen, and some even capitalists and militarists with small numbers of the clergy endorsing the party and more then one-half of them being from lands close to religious and ethnic line. As they experience what they fear more, they believe that what they see can be solved by the Union. This party, after only just one year having 14,355 members, causes their fears. "Soyuz Russkogo Klinka" even plans setting up insurance and social security for members of the party, so that their membership won't bankrupt them. While also providing usiform modifications that they use to apply to form a coherent unit who can negotiate with dignity and unity. While they are not fully trusted by the Russian Duma and emperor, they are favoured by the Bolshevik party of Russia led By Vladimir Lenin. The Bolshevik party being for the implementation of the theories of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, which aim to remove any form of monarchy - including parliamentary monarchism. While this happening the setting up of a new constitution is still hapening and under making, with one of the topics being, how big their royal pensions will be, how the judiciary and executive branches will gain members. Until now there was only a legislative branch that was set in stone with a constitution. Due to these issues determining a new Fully separated Constitution, the upper house of the Duma asks for the Imperial Federation and United States of America to send lawyers and politicians and possibly army personnel (British Response) (American Response). This all to create a more free and equal Russia. At the same time the Russian upper house of the Duma begin to get the plans ready for the transitional period in Anatolia to relieve the sitution and troops in Anatolia. The "Petrine Line" begin to train and mobilise with a total of one million in the fortifications and another one-half million reserves being called up to their local barracks to prepare. While with the purchase of the Danish Indian Islands, they begin to be incorporated into the governate of Coornelis lands with the Danish soldiers and flags being replaced by the Russian flag and manned by Russian soldiers. For the defence of the Danes some 50,000 are sent to Denmark from mostly Estonia, Finland, Ingria and Karelia. Due to their closer cultural and climatal habits and lives.
Germany ups their troop numbers to 350,000 troops in northeastern France.
German bombers launch bombing raids on Vichy, Cherbourg, and the Directorate's capital.
Several warhawk Danubian politicians shout in the Imperial Parliament demanding that Austria annex the Yugoslav area into the empire to extend Vienna's influence farther south. Meanwhile, Non-Interventionist politicians argue Austria should pull out of Serbia.
German troops in France dig in around Paris creating a frontline stretching from Caen and the English Channel to the Swiss border (this means heavy defenses to attacks).
Italy’s Rhenish Marxist Priests attempt to stifle revolt in the Rhineland but fail and are killed, which causes civil unrest in the Rhineland.
South Africa tells the Dutch to bug off and demands the Netherlands withdraw all troops from the ZAR.
The Mau Mau Rebels, battered and at the edge of defeat, focus the rest of their strength on attacking and liberating the South African government’s concentration camps.
Numerous rogue Greek soldiers in occupied Turkey commit numerous atrocities against the local Turkish inhabitants, mainly rape, theft, and arson. Numerous Turkish activists demand Greece publicly apologize and give reparations for the Turkish Massacre that was committed by Greece in the Ottoman wars of the 1870s and 80s. The activists also demand Greece withdraw from Turkey and the lands they took from the Ottomans in the Ottoman wars.
The CLPA (Now known as the Confederation of Socialist Province of Canada) had launched terrorist attacks on the US in Buffalo and Detroit killing around 20 Americans.
- Do not make mod events when you are not a mod. That’s a strike.
- Kingdom of Portugal: In the 1924 general election, the National Union maintains its majority. King Carlos appoints General Oscar Carmona as the new Prime Minister. Antonio de Oliveira Salazar rises through the ranks of the government rapidly due to his skill as an economist, and is appointed Minister of Finance by Carmona. Salazar calls for the creation of a corporatist state, which he envisions would work closely with businesses in order to increase the pace of development of Portugal's economy. Carlos is interested in Salazar's proposals and begins discussions toward reforming the government along this model. Construction of the three dreadnoughts continues. The two Admiral class pre-dreadnought battle ships, "Vasco da Gama" and "Fernando Magellan", begin their tenure as training ships at the Naval School. The seaplane tender Cubango makes a voyage to Portuguese India and Macau, where navy pilots take part in training exercises taking off from catapults and attacking targets, both on land and sea. In Portuguese Africa, the army's aviation service sets up more airfields to allow the biplanes to support ground operations.
- French Directorate: With the Germans calling in reinforcements the size of the National Revanche Army rise up to 820,000 men with the Royalist and Revanchist Armies uniting to fight back against the German threat along with many Frenchmen enlisting in the ranks of the National Revanche Army. The NRA Forces on the frontlines are split in three Army Group North (200,000 men), Army Group Center (250,000 men) and Army Group East (200,000 men) spreaded out in the Northern, Central and Eastern portions of the frontline. Meanwhile, a force of 170,000 men remain in the South to crush the Solidarité Uprising and other Italian-sponsored revolts in Southern France. Once more the capital is moved to Bordeaux far away from both the Frontlines and the Italian border where Director Charles Murras believes the Government of the Directorate would be more safer. Meanwhile, 250,000 reservists begin training in order to be deployed for the next year. Meanwhile, with the Corsican Uprising and the Albanian Revolt, the Directorate declares its support for the causes of Corsican reunification with France and Albanian Independence but states that it will not take send any military forces to support the French Corsicans and Albanians given their current situation. Meanwhile, Army Group East under the command of Robert Nivelle launch an offensive against German Forces moving from Lyon toward Greater Alsace-Lorraine as they move toward the city of Epinal. Meanwhile, the Revanchist Naval Forces are tasked in engaging the German Navy with a fleet is sent to the North Sea while a second fleet is assembled in Marseille to survey the Italians to prevent them from sending more agents in Southern France. Meanwhile, the Directorate begins promoting Rattachism in Wallonia, and Greater Alsace-Lorraine encouraging the people of Alsace-Lorraine that the time has come to rise up and reunite with the French motherland as the NRA races to liberate Alsace-Lorraine and trap the Germans (Mod Response Needed). Meanwhile, the Directorate becomes intrested in the American Land Cruisers and is willing to purchase any combat ready Land Cruisers and Armoured Cars in order to fight back against the Germans(American Response Needed.) In response to the German bombing raids in Southern France a series of Bombig raids are launched in Cologne, Bonn and other major cities in the Rhineland while a series of air raids are conducted against German airfields in Northwestern France. The Nation continues to struggle for freedom as Murras sends diplomats to Spain to negotiate an alliance for revenge against Germany. (Mod Response Needed)
- Provisional Turkish Government: As the Treaty of Ankara is finally signed, the war is declared over officially. As the war has demoralized yet nationalized the ethnic identity of the Turkish people of Turkey and other territories, reforms are set to occur within a long period known as the "Türk Vizyonu '50" (Turkish Vision 1950), which is meant to set a series of long-term economic, industrial, and cultural reformations to the current state of Turkey so that it can emerge as a developed nation by the year of 1950. The head of these reforms is Kemal Atatürk, whose role as a Young Turk, his writing career in setting the base for Turkish identity to flourish from, and his allegiance to the recently popular Democratic Liberal Party becomes vocal about why these reforms need to take place, as well as believing that "... Turkey will emerge from its ruins once more, but in a better standing with the world than it was prior". With that comes the success of the party in the long-delayed parliamentary elections, which the DLP won 174/200 seats (87 percent), with every other party crashing due to policies directed toward furthering the conflict or simply fighting back once a resolution came. The Turkish Armed Forces is reduced, and although thousands of Jez-13's remain in circulation among outer territories and people within the nation, it is set to remain as the foundation weapon for future conflicts, although assuredly supports a new neutrality-based pacifism so as to properly boost the economy forward. The Caliphate's claim to parts of south-eastern Turkey are dismissed as laughable and many politicians see it as "a man kicking another man while he's down."
- Yugoslavia: If you annex our area we refuse if you do that. Meanwhile, we intervened in the civil war. ''All citizens please stop doing that. Yugoslavia is a great place from immigration ... we are the people of this country. We know we argue among ourselves but no choice let's stop this civil war'' by whole citizens stopped the civil war.
- United States: The USS Cyclops carrier is commissioned along with the USS South Dakota, USS Indiana, and USS North Carolina battle ships being completed, launched, and commissioned. Same goes for the battle cruisers USS Lexington and USS Saratoga. More ships of the class are being constructed, the Constellation, Ranger, Constitution, and United States. (More to Come)
- Irish Free State: We hereby declare ourselves independent from the monarchy of not-so-Great Britain on this day. We will not await British approval as we do not believe it is important. But just in case, we will wait for their response to this first, as we do not want any acts of aggression toward them. However, should they declare war on our new-found republic, we will be willing to pay our lives against them should it come down to that dire point, possibly finding close ties in another great power. Anyone who is willing to make ties with us can at any point so long as we are not annexed back under an oppressive dominion. That is all.
- The Kingdom of the Netherlands: The Netherlands government responds to the Mau Mau responds to the Mau Mau request with a demand that the Germans also pull out of South Africa to let the government do as it pleases. (Mod Response needed.) The Netherlands begins the process of pulling its troops out of South Africa by bringing 50,000 troops of the 85,000 to the mainland.
- Great Siam Elephant Empire: Siam quits the game
- Imperial Dominion of Canada: The Rebels now surrounded by US and Canadian forces would fight a long and bloody battle but would soon surrender to Canadian forces thus ending the civil war in Canada. The economy would soon recover from the civil war and Canada would begin to de-corrupt the nation. Canada quits the game.
- Denmark-Norway: Denmark-Norway quits the game.