It's the Year 1870 and the world is on the verge of war. In Europe, the French Empire under Napoleon the Third prepares for war against Prussia, which has been provoking Napoleon for the past few years. In the United States, President Grant leads the nation through Reconstruction, but faces opposition by white militant groups. In China, the Qing Dynasty still continues to reign, but in a weakened state after decades of humiliation and faces three rebellions. Meanwhile, in South America, the continent sees the end to one of the bloodiest wars in history as the forces of the Triple Alliance close in on the forces of Francisco Lopez.
As the world continues to march into war, many wonder who will rise and who will fall after the End of Peace.
- Don’t be an idiot.
- Don’t be implausible.
- Have fun.
Strikes can be given for things like open bullying of another player, editing events and responses without mod-approval and the like. If you manage to get three strikes, you will get banned either temporarily or permanently, depending on the kind of violation and how fast you got them.
- Legend III
- Alti - I
- Bear - I
- Mod: User:Colgan dog
- Mod: User:Ycasto
- Mod: User:Nkbeeching
- Mod: User:AshokSurya (aka Dev)
- Algorithm Mod: User:Stephanus rex
- Economics Mod: User:Person67
- Map Maker: Mr.Orwell
Sign up rules are: Can’t be two nations at once, you can only put your name by one. To claim a country, please put your signature next to the country you wish to be. If your nation has a puppet, protectorate, colony or whatever, then you may put your name under them and play as them as well as your nation, just put the subjugated state’s turn underneath its master's turn. If someone wishes to play a colony, puppet, protectorate, etc., then ask the master nation’s player first.
- Imperial Federation - Steph (talk)
- Natal - Steph (talk)
- British Ghana - Steph (talk)
- British Nigerland - Steph (talk)
- British Central Africa - Steph (talk)
- British Senegal - Steph (talk)
- British Sudan - Steph (talk)
- British Kikuyuland - Steph (talk)
- British East Africa - Steph (talk)
- British Zambeziland - Steph (talk)
- British Guyana - Steph (talk)
- British Aden - Steph (talk)
- British Raj - Steph (talk)
- Third French Empire -
- French Tripolitania -
- French East Africa -
- Principality of Andorra -
- Kingdom of Spain -
- Kingdom of Portugal - Majestral1
- Angola - Majestral1
- Mozambique - Majestral1
- Kingdom of Denmark -
- Iceland -
- Greenland -
- Luxembourg -
- German Empire - Adolf Coffee
- German West Africa - Adolf Coffee
- German Mittelafrika - Adolf Coffee
- German Madagascar - Adolf Coffee
- Cochinchina - Adolf Coffee
- Kingdom of the Netherlands - KQBJ
- Dutch East Indies - KQBJ
- Kingdom of Belgium - Poofoster
- Russian Empire - Tullin
- Kingdom of Italy - Ycasto
- Austro-Hungarian Empire - Colgan dog
- Kingdom of Serbia -
- Romania - Jade090705
- Kingdom of Greece - Batran99
- Kingdom of Morocco -
- Kingdom of Abyssinia (Russian Protectorate) - Tullin
- South African Free State (Transvaal + Orange + Griqualand West) -
South East Asia
- Kingdom of Nepal -
- Kingdom of Sikkim - Altacc
- Kingdom of Bhutan -
- Emirate of Afghanistan -
- Sultanate of Turkey - Solace
- Sublime State of Persia -
- Rashidi Caliphate -
- Sultanate of Muscat and Oman -
- Dominion of Canada - Darkight1000
- United States of America - Mr. Orwell
- Mexican Republic -
- Mayan Republic of the Yucatan -
- Free Republic of Tabasco -
- Republic of Guatemala -
- Republic of Nicaragua -
- Republic of Honduras -
- Republic of El Salvador -
- Republic of Costa Rica -
- Republic of Colombia -
- Republic of Venezuela -
- Republic of Ecuador -
- Republic of Brazil -
- Republic of Bolivia -
- Republic of Chile -
- Republic of Argentina - Feudy McPlagueface (talk)
The Dutch economy enters recession as the vast expense of supporting a fleet of more than a dozen battleships weighs on the government. National debt balloons and the Dutch credit rating falls as it struggles to pay off its many loan<s. & Portugual experiences an economic surge, as foreign and domestic infrastructure development propel the economy. Commerce through and across South Africa sees increasing returns and the country's GDP/Capita begins to rise rapidly.
In southern China, the Chinese civil war rages, with the Qing forces, now with Japanese equipment and supplies, making huge gains against the nationalist forces.
The 1909 Serbian invasion of is highly successful. Serbian Armies hit Bulgaria in a major three pronged offensive. The first prong plunges into Sofia Province toward the Bulgarian Capital, successfully driving back the outnumbered Bulgarian troops there. Further south, a second army attacks to cut Southern Macedonia off from retreat. Finally, the last Serbian Army Corps attacks the Bulgarian forces in Macedonia. By the end of the year, Bulgaria has had 15,000 men encircled in Bulgaria, and lost another 12,000 to the fighting.
- The Kingdom of the Netherlands: As the economy reels from the large investment in battleships all five of the non-dreadnought battleships are scrapped and two dreadnoughts are also scrapped with the parts being sold in order to attempt to reinvigorate the income of the Netherlands. The rebels in Africa are blamed in part for causing issues resulting in the need for military growth.
- Kingdom of France: We offer to buy up the incomplete vessels at premium prices (+~20 percent) to what the market offers for scrapping as our own naval buildup is underway.
- Turkey: As the Sultan died last year, Abdul Hamid II was replaced by Mehmed V. Skeptical about his previous statements made, the Young Turks promptly begin seizing various assets within the lackluster Ottoman Army and Navy. Although Abdul Hamid II had decided to simply allow the Young Turks to rule regionally, Mehmed V begins taking control of the loose organization as a means of showing dominance and a potential revival of the Ottoman Empire. He begins taking charge of matters, raising an army of his own of 14,500, and begins ordering the complete removal of the Young Turks. The Young Turks see this as both an opportunity and a problem, as their rule had been de-centralized and regional so as to not allow possible disagreements on the ruling leader. The Young Turks, with an army of roughly 100,000, show strength in a complete revolution, tentatively titled the Young Turk Revolution, with the promise of democracy, modernization, and of course, freedom and liberty. The resulting conflict only lasts approximately four months, as the Young Turks' political power over the state and the people allows their manipulative means to be exploited, ending with the death of Mehmed V. His death allows for the six-month process of properly transforming the sultanate into a parliamentary republic, with their being no direct political leader and rather an assortment of mixed-political ideologies within the governing Grand Senate. Throughout the six-month process, numerous political parties would begin to form under the basis of the current United States legislative, and around the final months of that year, the ruling parliamentary for five years would be announced. Out of the 200 seats available, the Young Turk Party would gain 179 seats, while the Socialist Workers' Federation would gain 11 seats, and the traditionalist Great Unity Party would gain ten seats. Although the Young Turk Party completely dominated the election, splinter groups have already started to form into the expansive party, leading some to believe that this might be the only time when the Young Turks' will be united on all ideological fronts.
- Kingdom of France:
Our entire naval force is dispatched to Antalya offering cutting edge armament, military supplies as well as military advisors to the Yörüks who dispised the Ottomans and any other minorities willing to rebel such as the Kurds, Circassians, Laz, Armenians, Jews, recently Islamized populations and Crypto-Christians. An expeditionary force made up from 100,000 men is also waiting on standby to assist them shall they rise. [Mod Response] Powers in the area such as the Russian Empire, the Kingdom of Greece, the Kingdom of Italy, the British Empire are invited to join in stating that the Kingdom of France wants nothing more than eradicating this threat to its interests before its conception and they could have anything they wished out of it.
- How is Turkey a threat? Also the ottomans haven’t existed for 30 years, own none of the territories they mentioned, and haven’t done anything to warrant French intervention. This is meta-gaming at its finest. This is also after I striked out another similar thing for the same reason. That’s a strike - Mod
- Kingdom of France:
- Kingdom of Greece: Greece had been in a looming economic stagnation for years, but its consequences was greatly reduced thanks to foreign aid. The vast expansion of infrastructure from public projects has exponentially raised the Public debt. Public debt dating back to the War of Independence reached new heights in the 1900s. However, this economic growth did lead to the creation of a middle class born out of industrial development, of growth in the number of bureaucrats (linked to political clientlism) and to an urban explosion. The debt even began to be felt by the public, who had experienced increasing taxes to accommodate. Anti-tax demonstrations had let to the liberal wave. Even politicians were dissatisfied with the bureaucracy of the government. The Liberal wave, seen earlier in the year, was a mere sign of what is to come. The responses from the Liberal wave had varied, but some led to the creation of more radical thinking. This has spawned many groups and cliques of every party in the Parliament. For example, a group of young politicians, called the “Japanese Group” by the press due to the comparison of their roles to the Meiji Era of Japan, had argued for more development and efficiency in the system, similar to how efficient the Japanese had modernized themselves. As a consequence to the Young Turk Revolution, the “Military League” was formed in by unsatisfied Army NCOs, which was later supported by various hawkish politicians, and they were motivated by a variety of reasons: a desire for reforms that was prevalent in wide parts of society was combined with frustration at the slow rate of promotions and the absence of meritocracy, especially among graduates of the Military Academy. Other officers from the Army, the Navy and the gendarmerie joined up later, and by June 1909, had spread out over the Greek military and absorbed several political cliques within the Greek government. By early 1910, members of the Military League gathered George I’s home in demonstrations late at night, mistakenly thought these were liberals and fearing the overthrow of the Monarchy; Fired the current prime minister and replaced him with Kyriakoulis Mavromichalis. The Military League became effectively the de facto in control of the government as they forced Mavromoichalis to make a series of liberal reforms without consultation of the Hellenic Parliament, which helped oiled the Greek economy as it starts to recover from its brief economic thrash. The Military League itself is not liberal, but they had brought out more liberal reforms in an effort to solidify and gain support (although, they still kept the king in power). But it was not until December that the Military League have a new problem, more traditional parliamentary groups of the Pro-Austrian, Pro-Russian, Pro-Italian, and Pro-British parties wish to take back control of the government as a united Parliament. Fearing the Military League starting to run out of steam and a civil war brewing, the League had sent representatives to Parliament. By the end of the year, the negotiations had resulted in them compromising to form a new government by choosing a man from outside of mainland Greece, a native born from Crete: Eleftherios “Eleft” Venizelos. He was a Greek statesman and a prominent leader of the Greek national liberation movement. He is noted for his contribution in the expansion of Crete’s influence in trade and promotion of liberal-democratic policies during his time in the local government. But due to many cliques disagreeing with bringing in a politician that is not from the mainland, it was agreed to be settled in the next parliamentary election. To push this, his supporters formed a coalition government for the Parliamentary election that is planned in August 1911. Regardless, by this transitional time, the traditional party system in the Greek government was effectively dead and the "bloodless coup" is de facto over until August. The system has stabilized. (more may be later)
- Kingdom of France:
An alliance offer is extended to the Kingdom of Greece to protect our common interests against Turkey.
- Kingdom of France:
- La Plata: This year is a momentous year for the federation of La Plata. President Paz refuses to run again citing health concerns and wishing to spend time with his family. Fernando Lopez is elected along an extremely similar platform to President Paz taking office just after Christmas the new official inauguration date of the La Platan presidency. This presidency is marked by Rio Grande, Uruguay, and Santa Catarina taking part in the elections. They do not overly skew the voting demographic as the overwhelming popularity of the Federal system and the ability of states to handle a certain amount of their own domestic affairs brings much of the remaining populations of the annexed states into line. The Naval base and Army quarters in Puerto Alegre are completed. Regardless of the lack in shipbuilding currently, investments are made into upgrading or keeping modern the shipwrights of the country with plans to begin a major naval expansion by 1916. Specific research into modern ships is conducted as well with plans for modern cruisers, destroyers, and dreadnoughts all put on the books. These designs are specifically developed to replace Argentina's outdated navy by European standards. The army sees its own advances with the development of a fully modern artillery piece. However, it is not put into production in any major way with the blueprint being shelved for future use. Only 100 of these pieces are even built and put into service. Alongside this development is the development of a self-loading rifle. The Argentine-Fabrique 1910 is put into limited production of about 15,000 guns per year until the gun is able to replace the vast majority of the bolt action rifles in service which are kept around in a few per platoon as sharpshooter rifles. The AN-1910 noticeably performs well in tests. However, low quality ammunition seems to cause some moderate issues with the gun forcing stringent quality control on the 7.54 mm Mauser cartridges to prevent any further issues with the low quality of munitions. The La Platan expansion into its under-settled hinterlands and the need to more thoroughly consolidate its railway networks sees more short range railway networks developed connecting medium sized towns to the main railway network. A strange phenomena of settlement occurs as well with the small town of Neuquen beginning to see large growth due to immigration. The areas around the city are noticeably viable for agriculture due to the irrigation provided by the Limay and Neuquen rivers. The nearby exploitation of oil noticeably affects the development of the city as well as the route through this city very quickly becomes a lucrative and profitable route. GDP per Capita once again sees positive growth as the booming of lucrative goods through Argentina once again sees the country gain wealth. Consumer/household goods as well as various light industries continue to advance at a steady pace as the Argentine industrial base continues to expand through the current government policy and the opening of private business. The economy for the first time since before the war sees noticeable economic growth as some of the constraints involving money start to go away as interest and loan payments begin to dwindle down into much more manageable territory due to four years of stringent fiscal policy and some level headed economic moves which allowed a good chunk of debt to either be paid or cleared entirely. Initially seen as a cowardly and treasonous move by some of the aristocrats and capitalists in the country, the growth of businesses associated with foreign ownership to some degree see a quick influx of foreign capital this year with private investors in foreign countries particularly French, British, some Germans, hoping to expand their own profit margins out of these businesses with a quick and easy expansion. The steel glut begins to rectify itself globally after nearly four years of oversupply, putting the Argentinian steel industry back in the green and once again managing to secure profit, albeit it minor profit. The population continues to recover from its losses from the war with the baby boom predicted to last a few more years before leveling out. The immigration has just as well helped rectify some of the population issues. With open land, open jobs, and wages getting better once again (albeit with some government prodding) the immigration pull to the country is noticeable. This year sees one of the single best years for the country in terms of immigration. Chinese immigrants are able to soak up some of the extremely low paying and low quality jobs simply happy to just be able to start a new life. Their children being enrolled in the compulsory education system within the country helps with the literacy issue. This, however, is not entirely to pressing as the number of Chinese and other Asian immigrants is eclipsed entirely by the much larger European based population. 130,000 people are noted to have immigrated this year to Argentina with a large majority still coming out of Italy and Spain. Spanish immigration is notably pushed by La Platan economic recovery, and Spain's relative instability in the last decade or so. Reparations from Brazil continue with the raw goods being either used in Industry or effectively sold (specifically rubber) with many of the arriving goods being highly lucrative on the open market. A large group of oil technicians and drillers are hired from the United States, taking advantage of the over-saturated market in the US's oil producing regions leaving a multitude of these men available for hire. While getting them to move proves to be the hardest part, by the end of the year a team of roughly 150 veteran oil riggers is hired to expand the oil production in Patagonia with the production expected to expand and begin meeting serious export goals by 1912. The Population reaches 12.8 million due to immigration factors and the nations natural growth. Some other developments are noticed in Patagonia as well as increased trade with Japan and the various Chinese regions has led to specifically the small town of Ancud to expand in size and importance. Being pretty much the only viable port La Plata has in the Pacific here currently, the City sees increased connection to the rest of the country as it links up its railway system and some of its roadway systems with the mainline La Platan Railway system.
- Bulgaria: The military elite gains 5,000 troops, with the troop count goes up to 80,000. The new 5,000 will be added to the Serbian front. An interesting part of the Grand Sofia University, which is a cinema will be a part of the University. Epic of the Forgotten has been made into a movie. An extra four 1880s ships are added to the Navy and English Cressy-class cruiser blueprints in exchange for any amounts of money.(British Response Needed).
- Danubian Federation: today is a historical day for the empire. Today the Danubian constitution is signed into law by the final signature of Emperor Franz Ferdinand, officially making the empire a federation. In Hungary, the military government helps the Slovaks and Romanians organize their respective state governments and withdraw from these areas. The Congress of Nationalities has its final sessions as the Congress of Nationalities as they make the switch over to the Danubian Congress, a stronger more centralized legislature. The constitution garrentees the rights of all citizens no matter their class, ethnicity, or religion, and declares every citizen as an equal. Austria and Bohemia become united into one state called Austria-Bohemia. Most ethnicities gain their own state, well ones with a sizable population, this includes the Serbian minority in Bosnia and Polish Lodamia along with the Ukrainians in the eastern part of the empire. We continue our construction of cruisers, destroyers, and small capital ships to help protect our seas from another incursion into our territorial waters. We send military aid and support to Serbia and allow Bosnian serbs to go and fight as volunteers in the Serbian war against Bulgaria. We continue to promote Austro-slavism as an alternative to pan-slavism in scholarly circles.
- Kingdom of Portugal: The country's attention is mainly on the recent visit by British royals to Portugal and the ancient alliance between the two countries. However, the legislative election is held in February 1910 and sees the new National Union formed in the summer of 1909 handily gain the majority with 117 seats, leaving just 31 seats to the Liberals and Republicans, which are increasingly insignificant in politics. The new right wing coalition pledges to continue a dictatorial government with both the people's and the King's approval. General Rocadas steps down from the premiership and His Majesty Carlos appoints the colonial war hero and former naval chief of general staff, Admiral Francisco Joaquim Ferreira do Amaral as the new President of the Council of Ministers shortly after the election. Amaral will continue the government policy and also says in a speech to parliament that he will continue to restore Portugal's tradition as an ancient seafaring nation by restoring the Portuguese Navy with British help. The rise in Portuguese economy in recent years is seen as confirming that the King and the National Union policies have been a success, increasing their popularity. While a lot of the reforms have been implemented from the top down by the King and his cabal of generals and admirals, groups of young military officers have also been taking up the National Union's patriotic and Catholic agenda from the grass roots level. In March 1910, the Legiao Portuguesa (Portuguese Legion) is formed as a patriotic civil defense organisation by some army and navy junior officers. The group aims to promote patriotism in the population and military, and by the end of the year the National Union political leadership made a deal to formally incorporate the Legion into the armed forces command structure. In this way the King sees the potential to develop a renewed support for the Portuguese monarchy. Similarly to the young officers in Turkey and Greece, the Legion also takes after the Meiji reformers in Japan and its members want to play an important role in helping their country modernize and become a significant power in Europe. Liberals criticize the King and the military for turning the government into a de facto military dictatorship, but the economic success of the past few years raises their popularity with the public. The Colonial Ministry continues its policies overseas, and many Portuguese also consider the path of settling in one of the colonies. The National Union in its official policy sees the ancient Portuguese overseas territories as an integral part of the Portuguese nation and its development as an important part of the "great Portuguese revival." The economy continues to improve and more railways are built connecting all of the major cities in Portugal. At the same time, the navy finalizes the deal with Britain to acquire the modernized Royal Sovereign Class pre-dreadnought battleships.
- Imperial Federation: With Canton freed from its overlords in the north (Colgan Discord), the new Imperial Protectorate is provided with 150,000 modern firearms, supplies, and equipment to outfit a sizeable and strong military. MI5 reaches back out to the Boxers, offering to support them with arms and training should they agree to cease attacks on the Republic of Canton and also recognize its independence. Domestically, the empire grows obsessed with the promise of flight. The Royal Aviation School has seen its attendance rise from 30 students to nearly 3,000 since its inception. Aviation captivates the nation. The world's first float plane successfully takes off and lands from water in Scotland, prompting great interest from the admiralty. The Stewart X (Blériot XI) plane becomes a favorite at the aviation school and military alike. The navy begins experimentation with the Stewart X in a seaplane configuration, mounting pontoons to test its characteristics on the water. An older Type 1 destroyer is converted into a float-plane tender for testing in the North Sea. Overall, the navy takes a break from capital ship orders, to become less financially burdensome. Work on the Lagos-Cairo line continues, but is slow due to the vast distances involved.
- Dominion of Canada: The new decade of Canada would be a bright one. The Canadian economy is better than it was five years before. Canada is also receiving more immigrants as people are fleeing from China's civil war. Many Canadians want to fight in the civil war as volunteer soldiers. In order to do so, we sent diplomats to Britain to ask the Imperial Federation if Canada could send volunteers to China in their civil war. (British response). We would also send volunteers to help China recover once its civil war is over.\
- Imperial Federation: We would prefer that Canada remain uninvolved with the violence in China, but respect it as Canada's decision to send troops or not.
- Nippon: Troops continue to keep Manchuria under lock down to prevent a spill over of the violence, Meanwhile, officers of the Kwantung intelligence division, and agents of the Black Dragon Society propose a plan to their superiors who then pass it on to military and civilian leadership back in Japan. In Plan Asahi it is laid out that the Japanese government will switch support from Qing to the nationalists in exchange for recognition of Formosa, and Manchuria as Japanese territories. In return, Japanese forces will help end the civil war by quickly taking Peking and then handing it over to the Chinese nationalists. Seeing an opportunity end all the disputes with Qing and to start a clean slate Tokyo approves of the plan, and Kwantung Intelligence approaches the Sun Yat-sen and other Chinese nationalists with the offer, also promising to begin relationships with the new Chinese state in equal terms (approved by Colgan). Construction of the first of the two new fuji class dreadnoughts is completed and one of the three new Kami pursuit battleships is also completed. Construction of the Manchuria railway continues. The growth in popularity of pan-Asianism and Neo-Bushido amongst the military also sees a spill over into the labour movement as many amongst thwe working class have ties to the military. Pan-Asian intellectuals like Ryohei Uchida, Ikki Kita, begin delving deeper into labour rights, cultural identity, capitalism and industrialisation, and the role of the state and the military in the destiny of a nation and people, and the importance of continuing the ideals of the early Meiji restoration. Major Shigeru Honjo, along with Japanese naval officer Isoroku Yamamoto become early supporters of their works within the military leadership. Harukiri Yamaguchi a dock worker and local gang leader from Kobe also begins reading their theories. Infrastructure projects continue in Japan and in the oversea territories allowed by the continued low steel prices. Zaibatsu cooperation with these projects in particular in the expansion of railways, and in docks is spurred by an expansion of financial institutions overseas. Japanese consumption of oil begins to grow as automobiles, planes, and now oil fueled ships become more prominent. Discreetly, troops are moved toward the border with Qing, and artillery, more troops and supplies are brought over from Japan with the troop numbers being brought up to 250,000 overall. the Border with Korea is also reinforced to prevent a Korean possible intervention. Operation DoragonSorieya is organized and prepared. Quietly and steadily the Japanese begin funding and training Chinese nationalists as they officially end diplomatic and military support for the Qing.
- United States: The USS Wyoming, USS North Dakota, and USS Michigan are launched as the newest US dreadnoughts. Seeing the arise of European air forces, President Roosevelt moves to the army and creates an American inquisitor into air power. The army begins testing with the Burgess-Wright Model F airplane. African American Boxer Jack Johnson defeats white boxer James Jeffries. An accident occurs in mid-flight above 5,000 spectators as Ralph Johnstone's plane breaks up in mid air. Henry Ford sells 10,000 cars this year. President Roosevelt decides to travel to Europe onboard the USS Florida. He travels to Britain to propose the North Atlantic Treaty which would be a military and trade alliance between the US and the Imperial Federation (Steph Response).
- Imperial Federation: We will attend negotiations.
- Kingdom of Sikkim:
Due to British power diminishing, influence from Indian separatists in the Northeastern areas have grown.As a result, an independence war has begun. Support from Chinese nationalists gives the rebels early victories. After the short conquests of the north, a new leader is elected among the people, replacing the former kings. The end of these elections brings the first new lord of the territory, Guru Sabal. A strong, determined politician, Guru Sabal preaches of the wonders and power of Sikhism. Thus, the Kingdom of Sikkim is formed, and aiming to unite the subcontinent.Guru Sabal knows he needs allies, so he has called Nippon to form a compact referred to as the Treatise of Punjab, wherein both nations would support one another in their needs and expand into a new age of renaissance, and conquer our enemies. (Nippon Response Needed)
- No. This entire turn is just wrong. First of all, who told you British influence had diminished? It’s probably about the same as it’s always been. Second, who said the Chinese nationalists support you? You need to request their support and putting “(MOD RESPONSE NEEDED)”, and if you wanna know the answer, it’s no, the nationalists don’t support you, they don’t even border you. Oh and you can’t just claim multiple victories, you need an algo for that. - mod
- Kingdom of France: Given the various ethnic tensions arising in the periphery of our lands the National Revanche Party adopts a more nationalistic approach vying for the protection of our ethnic brethren in nations bordering us. As such the entire concept for our future expansion and prosperity is adapted to ensure their protection, essentially the advocacy of ethnic borders across Europe gains huge momentum and becomes a transpartisan rallying point between the depleted left and the all powerful right. The 39-year old King Jaime II' wedding with Napoleon IV's 28 year old daughter and heir apparent Caroline Joséphine Bonaparte and the two of them marry in a magnificent ceremony in Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral in France, repeating the wedding symbolically in Real Basílica San Francisco el Grande in Madrid and Barcelona Cathedrals to inspire unison across both nations. Subjects across both nations of France and Spain rejoice as alignment between our two nations greatly strengthens. The Houses of Bonaparte and Bourbon are to be united into a single house named Bourbon-Bonaparte from their offspring as expectations are confirmed with Caroline giving birth to some healthy triplets, two boys and one girl, through the second boy doesn't survive the week. The rest are baptised as Carlos-Louis Francisco Bourbon-Bonaparte and Catalina Maria Bourbon-Bonaparte. Napoleon IV continues to serve strengthening the nation and the regime by serving as its figurehead. The Napoleonic line is extended toward the French-Swiss border, creating a light fortifications line along those borders. The crackdown on the remnants of the former Solidarité party continues, as these relics of the past continue to haunt us in our aspirations, this crackdown is even harsher than previous attempts with the majority of the remaining left either fleeing or hiding to escape it. Women rights are strengthened as the notion of recognizing the equality between the two genders, men and women gets gains momentum, strengthened by the state propaganda promoting it among men and women. There are talks of allowing women to join the army in the future inside the parliament but the entire concept is regarded to be alienating the majority of our people and it rejected by the majority in the parliament and the party as well as Boulanger himself for now although the virtues of having women join the army exclusively on non-combatant positions is promoted via state propaganda as it would relief the army's efforts in any potential war greatly and strengthen the nation of France as a whole. That comes with a self defense training of women to serve in the army in non-combatant positions but to be able to defend themselves from any harm as sending them unprotected and unprepared would be inexcusable. Finally a few brave women are allowed to serve in the army after the radical insistence as a trial to explore how this could work, serving in non-combatant supportive jobs, such as cleaning military facilities stuffing the kitchens, inspecting weapons. In their time in the army they are also trained in martial (self-defense) arts. We repeat our proposal of rapprochement to the German Empire, the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Kingdom of Italy a detailed proposal offering an ambitious road map to soothe ethnic tensions sparing our poor brethren from harm while cementing peace and prosperity in the form of a conference where we would discuss on how to deal with aforementioned ethnic issues and bring long term peace and prosperity in Europe. [German Empire, Italian Kingdom, Kingdom of Netherlands Responses]. Also, we make a proposal to our Spanish ally, King Jaime III, to extend our support to help him rebuild his nation's strength by undertaking several joint ventures and actions such as:
- Heavily investing in his nations infrastructure and industry by providing them with capital in the form of loans by French banks in Spanish individuals, direct investment by French corporations opening up new branches in Spain as well as joint projects while also dispatching engineers to help them design their new infrastructure projects and industrial investments.
- Joint R and D programs also could take place for civilian or military purposes. Licensing of the latest French designs of military equipment is also offered.
- Assistance in rebuilding his their land and naval forces by joint producing French cutting edge infantry rifles along with infantry equipment such as helmets, uniforms, handguns for 100,000 Spanish troops and an ambitious naval buildup program jointly constructing them an entirely new fleet consisting of two heavy cruisers, two capital ships, six light cruisers, 12 destroyers, 12 frigates, 24 corvettes.
- French military advisors to assist Spanish officers to rebuild their land and naval forces. [MOD RESPONSE]
- Mod Response: King Jaime III gladly accepts on behalf of Spain in the spirit of friendship and cooperation between our two nations.
Italian Nationalist Terrorists detonate several explosives at border crossings with the Austrian Empire. In a sympathetic newspaper, they make clear their aim to conquer Trieste, wrest control of the Adriatic, and recover Trentino-South Tyrol. Relations between Italy and Austria sour considerably and many Italians support the idea of reconquering the lost territories.
The Wizard of Oz is written this year.
Bolivia begins industrializing quickly thanks to mining profits and a recently constructed rail line linking the interior to the pacific.
The Chinese Civil war yet again begins sees a turning point as japan switches support to the Nationalists and the nationalists make grant advances.
The Serbo-Bulgarian War Ends with the decisive capture of Sofia and the destruction of the remnants of the Bulgarian Armed Forces. 150,000 Serbian troops parade through the streets of the fallen Bulgarian Capital. In the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral King Peter of Serbia is crowned King of the South Slavs, by the Exarch Bulgarian Orthodox Church
- The Kingdom of Belgium is due to making agriculture by developing the countries while they became industrializing a few month.
- Kingdom of France Dip: We exert pressure at Belgium both externally using a combination of soft and hard power amassing troops at our border as well as promoting the just cause of French reunification with Wallonia via state sponsored propaganda as well as internal pressure using the Walloon branch of the National Revanche Party to protest on the streets demanding a referendum. (Player reponse).
- Kingdom of Belgium: We accept and A referendum is held in Wallonia and 65 percent vote in favor of unification with France
- Sidenote:I am technically a mod but i do know ,that a referendum for unification would never happen due to the british guarentee making this an act to wich the British could intervene . Second of all not so many people were in favour of unification , as becoming part of France would make the Belgian Bureaucracy lose the power they held.
- The Kingdom of the Netherlands: As the fort line nicknamed "Hope" comes to a finish many fear for the safety of the Kingdom and it's sovereignty are making preperations should war come. Fort line "Hope" stretches along the entire border.
- La Plata: After years of fiscal contraction policy and the decrease of the money supply in major amounts, the Platinean Peso notably gains some ground in value. The overt end of the Steel glut once again puts the Steel industry on path forward as the growth of population in the south, and the associated growth of major coal mining makes imports in some cases more expensive giving these coal fields direct connection to the existing steel mills. The steel previously purchased for large expansion projects continues to be used but with the influx of Platinean steel into the market as well, more expansion is undertaken. Rosario, Mendoza, and Salta take the next wave of serious expansion of the cities, and infrastructure. The Railway systems of these areas is both modernized and heavily expanded taking the main railway and expanding its tertiary lines in an organized shape around the city to various sattelite and countryside towns. The Railway system into the south is also part of this expansion with needs to link the resource rich regions in the south and west, to the populated regions to the north and east. The Platinean mining industry continues to expand with notable sales occuring to Japan which is quickly becomming one of the chief buyers of many Argentine resources and goods. Iron, copper, Beef, Wheat, alongside consumer and household goods. The Light Industry within La Plata had noticeably had an effect on the economy with record numbers of people working in factories rather than more traditional professions. It causes some tension as the rich and aristocrats are forced to shift priorities to face the new reality but will eventually fix itself. Rio Grande do Sul, Uruguay, and Santa Catarina see the expansion of their own infrastructure systems, with Railways filling in gaps, and now every major city in these territories is linked into the mainline platinean railway system. The Railway system pushes through corrientes to Stanta Catarinas major cities with an offshoot line going from Ascuncion to Salta and Tucuman. While the lines heading down through Rio Grand reach the lines expanding up from Uruguay. The benefits of the expanded infrastructure is notable as it allows for ease of settlement, shipping, and contact keeping the country closer together than ever before. The Expansion of the oil industry continues as well with notable buyers once again being Japan. The Influex of capital from the multitude of trade sources allows much more notable expansions as of late with more money being able to be spent on these projects increasing their size and their effectiveness. Another rising industry within La Plata is its shipbuilding industry which sees new dockyards opening up in Buenos Aires and Mar del Plata producing commercial ships. Military dockyards see some modest expansion as well and the first contracts out for Platinean ships since the war ended is ordered. 3 destroyers and 1 Heavy Cruiser are ordered utilizing the modern designs. They are all expected to be complete next year. La Plata finishes its blueprints for its first modern Dreadnoughts. Strangely enough these dreadnoughts are noted to be larger than existing classes in Europe except the British Orion class. This class remains the main class of dreadnought larger than the Platinean design. Population this year hits 13.2 million due to natural growth and immigration. Immigration report this year puts many immigrants comming from Spain with a smaller amount of Italians this year with the total number of about 100,000. Development of a pacific port to receive immigrants and help develop the region gives way to roughly 45,000 immigrants from Asia this year. Many more japanese arrive this year than Chinese. Various small fishing villages are set up along the coast or settle in the city of Puerto Aguire (i put the wrong city last turn) which continues to see development and more connection to the mainland. The cushion fund continues to be built up from Brazilian reparations. Due in large part in Argentinas protection and support of the complicit Brazilian government in Rio de Janeiro, an unusually friendly and bilateral trade agreement is signed in order to develop a key working relationship with Brazils aristocrats and make conflict in the future an extremely costly endeavor economically for Brazil. Platinean influence in Brazilian trade and economics is noted to have become major and important for both countries. With a complicit government, one could even say both countries could greatly prosper from a good working relationship, and might even do wonders to help reconcile some differences. Trade as far north as Salvadore in Brazil is affected by the massive trade shift towards Buenos Aires as the cities begin to become more reliant on goods flowing through La Plata than through actual Brazilian ports. As of this year the number of Argentines within the newly dubbed "Greater Rio Grande region" (Santa Catarina, and Rio Grande do Sul) rises with a thriving population of roughly 40,000 Platineans having taken up residence and expanded into empty territory in the region. Uruguays capital and major port city sees some natural growth occur as it attempts to adjust to the arrival of immigrants.
- Imperial Federation: MI5 continues to support the Boxers with arms and training should they agree to cease attacks on the Republic of Canton and also recognize its independence. 1911 is a huge year in firearms. In june testing begins on a new Auto-Reloading Rifle the Smith-Condit 1911 Rifle. (Smith-Condit Rifle with some refining and a detachable box mag in the Lee-Enfield style) Initial testing of the earlier Smith-Condit 1909 rifle showed excessive parts breakage, primarily in the gas system. The new rifle is significantly stronger than its predecessor with a tougher, less complex gas system. Two variants are presented, a pump-action and bolt action, both in 6.5 British. Although not supremely reliable, the rifle does have several advantages. The lack of side and back ports keeps the internals clean, particularly on the bolt-action version. A specially designed dust and mud cover over the ejection port also aids in this. The bolt handle can be reliably cycled even when the gas system is damaged, and the rifle has a higher rate of fire in both auto-reloading and bolt-action modes due to its short action. An order for 30,000 rifles is put out, to arm one man in every five in the IEF. The guns are expected in 1913, with a potential secondary order in 1914. The English economy continues to specialize in the industries that the government has chosen to support. The chemical industry in particular takes off as the first wave of new college graduate chemists since the increased education funding hits the job market. Turbine production continues to dominate global markets, as Britain holds a near monopoly on turbine propulsion due to its advanced technology, production facilities, and market hold. Shipbuilding benefits from this technological and industrial advantage, as it becomes relatively cheaper to build in the UK. In Australia, the problem of invasive rabbits continues to challenge farmers, ranchers, and the ecosystem. To combat the crisis, widespread cullings become the norm, and a group of biologists propose releasing several hundred Thylacines from Tanzania, which were native to Australia as recently as 1830, into South Australia as a way to reduce rabbit populations. To aid in the task, farmers and ranchers around the country are visited by members of the newly created Ministry for Ecology. These government employees help educate farmers on the dangers of killing predators. Fines are raised on killing of Dingoes and Thylacines unless a culling order has been placed.