- Iranian Revolution does not happen. Iran Stays under control of shah.
- December 24, 1979, Soviet forces invades Afghanistan.
- December 28, 1979, Iranian forces enters Afghanistan to defend Afghanistan against Soviet forces.
- March 5, 1980, Soviet forces launch a full scale attack on north-west of Iran.
- February 19, 1981, Iraqi forces invade southwest of Iran in order to help Soviet forces.
- April 1, United States Armed Forces enters Iran in order to help Iranian forces.
- April 2, 1982, Argentina invades Falkland Islands. Falkland War begins.
- September 25, End of Iran-Soviet War.
- Mohammed Reza Shah of Iran dies of cancer.
- North Korean forces invade South Korea in order to reunify Korea.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.