- Iranian Revolution does not happen. Iran Stays under control of shah.
- December 24, 1979, Soviet forces invades Afghanistan.
- December 28, 1979, Iranian forces enters Afghanistan to defend Afghanistan against Soviet forces.
- March 5, 1980, Soviet forces launch a full scale attack on north-west of Iran.
- February 19, Iraqi forces invade southwest of Iran in order to help Soviet forces.
- April 1, United States Armed Forces enters Iran in order to help Iranian forces.
- April 2, 1982, Argentina invades Falkland Islands. Falkland War begins.
- September 25, End of Iran-Soviet War.
- August 9, Iraq accept cease fire after the fall of Basra by Iranian Forces.
- Mohammed Reza Shah of Iran dies of cancer.
- February 1, The New Iranian King Reza Shah II declares his decision to become a true constitutional Monarch.
- June 28, North Korean forces invade South Korea in order to reunify Korea.
- March 21, Fall of Pyongyang and end of 2nd Korean War
- August 2, Invasion of Kuwait by Iraq and start of Persian gulf war.
- January 2, Iraq accept defeat in the war.
- October 15, Collapse of Soviet Union
- October 7, Invasion of Afghanistan by joint Iran-NATO forces.
- March 20, Invasion of Iraq by Joint Iran-US forces.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.