|Need help with Wikitext? (the form of editing in Wikia)||See Wikitext Cheatsheet|
|Sliding Scale of Alternate History Plausibility||Sliding Scale of Alternate History Plausibility original source|
|Random Name Generator||Random Name Generator Need a name for a fictional person? use this link.|
|Tables Generator||MediaWiki Tables Generator Creates simple and complex tables in MediaWiki format (same format used in this Wiki)|
|Parliament, Conmgress seat diagrams||arch-shaped, Westminster and US (two parties) parliament diagrams.|
Hi there, my name is JorgeGG and I live and work in Santiago de Chile. I came here by accident, and well just given some random ideas. Oh, I forgot to mention, since I'm more interest in Doomsday 1983, I was a teenager by that time.
My Favourite ATLs
- Russian America
- Great White South
- French Trafalgar, British Waterloo
- The Kalmar Union
- Cherry, Plum, and Chrysanthemum
- War in a Far Away Country (WFAC)
- New Union
- Premysloides Dynasty
- Terra Cognita - more details in Romania (Terra Cognita).
Some Tips on Writing Alternate Histories
- Write about what you know
- Do your homework. Research and see how others write similar histories.
- Plausibility is Key. Avoid or at least know the common cliches or tropes for the timeline your are writing. For example Napoleon
- Butterfly effect. This means there causes and effects linked. One POD (and just one significant POD) alters the rest like in billiards, pool, snooker (Well, like in any cue game)
- Order events in chronological order (from above)
- Depth or width in writing.
- Details must be relevant to the story telling. For example if you have POD were Kennedy is not killed 1963, don't make list of US presidents from the 1789 onward. Start from Kennedy (1961-1965).
- Don't get lost in details.
- World building relevant to the ATL. Don't waste time explaining things that are the same in OTL.
- If you can describe a language, person or country in one paragraph. Do it!!. Don't create pages that are one paragraph long.
- Don't be afraid to re do things if you make mistakes or half-way thru have another idea of it.
- . Have Fun and be open to criticism and questions.
Sliding Scale of Alternate History Plausibility
In an alternate timeline
|es||Este usuario tiene el Español como lengua materna..|
|en-4||This user can contribute with a near-native level of English.|
|fr-2||Cet utilisateur peut contribuer avec un niveau intermédiaire en français.|
|eo-1||Ĉi tiu uzanto povas komuniki per baza nivelo de Esperanto.|
Personal timelines I am working on:
- The Blue Jade Mask creator of the proposal and for the time being editor.
- Cromwell the Great - A previous TL that I have adopted. Done a major rework of it. A Type II - Hard/Soft Alternate History (see above: Sliding Scale of Alternate History Plausibility). Winner of the 2018 Stirling for Best Timeline of 2017
- Of Lions and Falcons (formerly named Spain Divided) - A previous TL that I have adopted. Work in progress. A Type II - Hard/Soft Alternate History (see above: Sliding Scale of Alternate History Plausibility)
- From Sea to Shining Sea (formerly named Communist-Controlled America) - in cooperation with Stepintime (Caretaker of the ATL). A Type III - Soft Alternate History (see above: Sliding Scale of Alternate History Plausibility)
If you have any suggestions of questions on the above timelines, refer them in their respective talk/discussion page.
- My sandbox: JorgeGG/Sandbox
- My ideas pages: JorgeGG/Ideas
- Snippets: From Sea to Shining Sea — The Blue Jade Mask — Pax Gallica — Andes — Southern Paradox
I also have a deviant art page (Seerh).
ATL foreign powers
Favorite places that could have lead to other things:
Kingdom of Kongo does a Meiji with the unexpected help of the Portuguese
Swahili City States
Horn of Africa Sultanate
Central Asian Steppe Empire
A truly independent and successful Muhammad Ali Pasha's Egypt
Pre-Columbian Empires of the Great Plains and Mississippi that rival with Mesoamerica
The colonial empire of the Republic of Haiti in the Antilles / Caribbean
The Mayan Sea (Mayan Cities states or Hegemonies that trade and fight over the Yucatan, Guatemala Highlands, Caribbean Sea, Cuba, Gulf of Mexico and Florida)