Hi my name is Matt Mitrovich and this is my user page. I've been a fan of alternate history since high school. I created the alternate history Facebook group Alternate History Online, was the editor and founder of Alternate History Weekly Update and I currently host The Alternate History YouTube channel. Please consider supporting my alternate history creations on Patreon.
I am a retired admin of this wiki, but I am still lurking around and will occasionally comment.
Backgrounds to my Stories
I hope to be a published author and I current have a short story that has been submitted to a published, along with another short story and novel in the works. In the meantime I plan to post background information on some of the worlds I created as timelines to this wiki.
- Infinite Possibilities
- Land of the Free
- The Empire - A TL that attempt to present a plausible scenario where one nation comes to dominate the world. Only Unfinished.
- Cliche CSA Victory Timeline - A satircal TL on one of the most common alternate histories in the English language.
- USSR Victorious - A TL I collaborated on originally with someone else on the former Alternia forum. Unfinished.
- Franz's World - One of my only multi-article TLs. Accepting contributions.
- Collapse of the Soviet Union - A TL I started working on one day when I was bored at work. Unfinished.
- Never Ending Great War - My attempt on making the game Iron Storm more plausible. Unfinished.
- Americanization (Live History) - My contribution to the Live History series.
My Adopted TLs
Save Our Alternate History
Save Our Alternate History was an idea I had to preserve online alternate histories. After Geocities shut down a lot of quality works were lost. Thanks to the Internet Archive, you can still access a lot of those alternate histories. The plan was to copy and paste the archived versions onto the wiki after getting permission of the authors. After getting the first TL under the project up and running (see below) I tried with another TL, but the author said no. After that I lost interest, but still feel that it is a good idea. If you are interested in helping or have some timelines you think can be saved, contact me.
I'm a big fan of 1983: Doomsday. I have created so many article and made such a large number of contributions to the TL that I have lost track of everything that I have done, but here are a few articles that are near and dear to me:
- Committee to Restore the United States of America
- North American Union
- Aroostook (jointly with Lahbas)
- Municipal States of the Pacific (one of the first nation profiles I created)
- Canada (jointly with DarthEinstein)
- New Britain (jointly with Bob)
- George H. W. Bush - the first biographies in the TL.
- Space Exploration
- 2010 WCRB report on the Future Geopolitical Outlook
- Republic of Iowa/Iowa City
- Maine (with Arstarpool)
- North Carolina (with various other editors)
- Hungary (with Lordganon)
Other TLs I contribute to
- Alternative History:Featured alternate history