This contest is now closed.
Due to lack of interest/entries this month there will be no more contests until interest picks up again.
Thank you everyone who took part and congrats to AM who won August and by default won September!
Hi there, my name is FP, and I am here today to announce the start of the second Althistory Wiki Short Story Contest!
August's winner was 'Dark Skies, Clouded Minds' by AM/Thewolvesden. Congrats on one month of bragging rights!
Last month was relatively successful, so without further ado, allow me to detail the process.
- You will be given from now until the 30th of September to write your story. The contest will last a month, starting on the first day of the month and ending on the last.
- If you are competing, please mess…
Hi there, my name is FP, and I am here today to announce the official start of the inaugural Althistory Wiki Short Story Contest!
I feel my preview post has garnered enough attention to kick things off, so without further ado, allow me to detail the process.
- You will be given from now until the 31st of August to write your story. Each contest will last a month, starting on the first day of the month and ending on the last. For the first one, I've started it a little early so you can get the hang of things.
- If you are competing, please message me on chat or on my talk and I will add your name to the list. You can give me the title of the story too to add to the anticipation of its completion.
- Your story can be about anything you want, but it sho…
Hello all! I'm FP, but you already hopefully know that. I have struggled recently to find the motivation or interest to do some serious timeline writing recently, but I feel I have a bunch of creativity in me that needs an outlet. I presume (or hope) that a lot of you are like me, or not at all but still want something fun to do while here. So to cater to these needs, I'm proposing a short story contest!
Your story can be about anything you would like. It can be a fantasy, mystery, horror, thriller, romance etc etc. It doesn't need to be ATL either, though you can set it in ATL if you wish.
It must be no longer than 2000 words, though if you're a little over then no harm, and in the same way if you are well under then that's fine too.
Hi there. My name is FP. Others call me Forsaken, which is wrong, or Pear, which is also wrong. Grinds my gears, that does.
Today the ramble will be less of a ramble, more of a discussion on a topic I find rather fascinating, an event that changed the world and potentially explains a whole host of mysteries. I am speaking of the cataclysmic eruption of the Thera volcano in the Aegean Sea, which is estimated to have happened at the start of the 16th century BC, and had devastating consequences on civilisation in a fledgling Europe.
Santorini - today a beautifully idyllic getaway for the rich, a collapsed caldera lagoon ringed by steep cliffs to which cling stunning villages of old Greek villas. Go back four thousand years …