Hi there, my name is FP, and I am here today to announce the official start of the inaugural Althistory Wiki Short Story Contest!
I feel my preview post has garnered enough attention to kick things off, so without further ado, allow me to detail the process.
- You will be given from now until the 31st of August to write your story. Each contest will last a month, starting on the first day of the month and ending on the last. For the first one, I've started it a little early so you can get the hang of things.
- If you are competing, please message me on chat or on my talk and I will add your name to the list. You can give me the title of the story too to add to the anticipation of its completion.
- Your story can be about anything you want, but it should be around or less than 2000 words, and it must be in the form of a blog post entitled '[story title] - SSC'.
- Once your story is complete, again link it to me on chat or on my talk page, and I will link it on this post.
- You have until the end of the month to write your story, read other's creations and vote on your favourite, so it may be advised to get your tale completed sooner rather than later to allow maximum exposure and to give people most time to vote on it.
- Vote by commenting below, something along the lines of 'my vote is [favourite story]'.
- Voting will close at some point on the morning of the 1st of September, and the winner will be announced in the post for next month's competition.
- It's all in good fun, so don't get too down if your story isn't loved, and please don't be too competitive about this. I don't want trash talking and the likes.
Does that all make sense? Good. Get writing.
- Key to Survival by Tim
- In Infamy by Ace
- Based on a True Story by Bfox
- An Ace Killer by Belial
- Rains on the Somme by Feud
- Dark Skies, Clouded Minds by AM
- Today's Mail by Sky
Contact me if you want to take part!