This contest is now closed.
Due to lack of interest/entries this month there will be no more contests until interest picks up again.
Thank you everyone who took part and congrats to AM who won August and by default won September!
Hi there, my name is FP, and I am here today to announce the start of the second Althistory Wiki Short Story Contest!
Last month was relatively successful, so without further ado, allow me to detail the process.
- You will be given from now until the 30th of September to write your story. The contest will last a month, starting on the first day of the month and ending on the last.
- If you are competing, please message me on chat or on my talk and I will add your name to the list. You can give me the title of the story too to add to the anticipation of its completion.
- Your story can be about anything you want, but it should be around or less than 2000 words, and it must be in the form of a blog post entitled '[story title] - SSC'.
- Once your story is complete, again link it to me on chat or on my talk page, and I will link it on this post.
- You have until the end of the month to write your story, read other's creations and vote on your favourite, so it may be advised to get your tale completed sooner rather than later to allow maximum exposure and to give people most time to vote on it.
- Vote by commenting below, something along the lines of 'my vote is [favourite story]'. You can vote at any time during the month, though most voting will tend to take place in the last week once all the stories are in.
- Voting will close at some point on the morning of the 1st of November, and the winner will be announced in the post for next month's competition.
- It's all in good fun, so don't get too down if your story isn't loved, and please don't be too competitive about this. I don't want trash talking and the likes.
Does that all make sense? Good. Get writing.
Contact me if you want to take part!