- 1 1983 Doomsday article adoption request
- 2 Road not Taken
- 3 Re:Inner Mongolia
- 4 Thank you!
- 5 conspiracy theories
- 6 JFL was assassinate by the CIA
- 7 deletion
- 8 Question
- 9 Guess what?
- 10 Federation-American War
- 11 Blooming Roses
- 12 Re: Immune Americas Adoption
- 13 can you delete my Shutdown pages
- 14 My Doomsday pages
- 15 Objection to obsoleteness and sudden canonizations + explanations.
- 16 Manchurian Territory (DD1983) relaunch
- 17 Operation Manchurian Freedom (1983: Doomsday) relaunch
- 18 Scotland (1983: Doomsday) review and relaunch
- 19 Explaining the CA's holdings in the English Midlands.
- 20 DD1983 Upgrades and lore fixes done to:
- 21 Unauthorized edits
- 22 DD UK population
- 23 Bad news
1983 Doomsday article adoption request
Hello! I was wondering if you--as the article's creator--would be willing to allow me to adopt the page for the American Provisional Administration. I had some ideas to flesh out its story from the late 80's through 1995, some ideas for who some of the high level officials would probably be (most likely I think it'd be comprised of members of George HW Bush's inner circle), and I think there's some potential to "spin-off" some of those officials into their own biographical articles if there seems to be an interesting and plausible story angle for some of them. What do you think? I hope you're doing well! GryffindorKrypton (talk) 02:01, April 2, 2020 (UTC)GryffindorKrypton
Thanks, I really appreciate that! I'll do my best! I have an idea for some of the staffing for the APA. In the already-existing canon, it's mentioned that President Reagan and VP Bush met in person in Mexico City in 1985 before leaving North America. My idea was that during the Mexico City meeting they decide to split the Cabinet members between their planes as a security measure in case of anything, with some joining Reagan on Air Force One (and thus going down with it over when it crashed) and the others flying to Australia with Bush, and thus surviving and becoming part of the APA. For instance, I've created a Proposal page for Secretary of State George Shultz based on this idea. Check it out, and let me know what you think! Thanks again for the vote of confidence! This is a really fascinating timeline, and I'm excited to be able to contribute! GryffindorKrypton (talk) 02:10, April 30, 2020 (UTC)GryffindorKrypton
Road not Taken
Yes it’s my country and I requested it be deleted.
Hey Ben, thanks for that award, I really appreciate it! Thank you for being so gracious! I hope to keep contributing positively to the community here! GryffindorKrypton (talk) 21:32, May 17, 2020 (UTC)GryffindorKrypton
JFL was assassinate by the CIA
Dear founder/admin. Yes, I want to delete it due to my political safety reasons. Thanks a lot
Why can't 80s. pop culutr work in the context of doomsday?
also im sorry about interfeering on thentimeline. i learned my lesson this time
I'm no longer into Allie now. I'm into Shakira,
Thanks for letting me know about my Federation-American War page. I didn't know if you would consider this Alternate History or Future History as it's a mix of both. I have written an article on Future Wiki when it was still a future at the time...
And I got sort of in trouble for it. So I didn't know where I could put these timelines. I already have the entire thing copied on a google doc, so I don't really have anything to worry about when it comes to that. Is it possible to hide the article so only certain people can view it? (Trainguy)
It's fine, you can delete it. I really don't know what I am going to do with it but I have it saved and I will find somewhere else to put it (Trainguy)
Oh don't worry, I don't kind if you delete it. It won't offend me or anything, I understand why you are doing it
Hi, I saw your comment on my page. There's this page:
Where I describe what happens in various countries due to the PODs involved in this timeline, which is still in progress. The biographies (in my opinion anyway) add a little more color to the world I've created.
Thank you! I just did what felt most natural.
Re: Immune Americas Adoption
Hey, sorry the account I adopted it from was actually my old account that I lost the password to. It's connected to an email I don't use anymore. If you want me to I can just make those pages obsolete instead of marked for deletion.
can you delete my Shutdown pages
My Doomsday pages
They were never discussed or adapted and did not graduate to cannon or obsolete- just ignored and I got out. Take a look at them in their long edit history, do you think they should have become cannon?
If you can start the process to cannon or obsolete them, then I would be grateful.
I only tag delete on them since I thought they were so unwanted they were not even worth obsoleting.
If they can be evaluated for cannon or obsolete instead, I would be grateful.
- Kingdom of Scotland (1983: Doomsday)
- The United Towns of Mid Hertfordshire (1983: Doomsday)
- The Chilternate Republic (1983: Doomsday)
- 2017 OBN report on the former Greater London Area (1983: Doomsday)
- Irish-Scottish Highlands mutual co-operation treaty of 1987 (1983: Doomsday)
- 1985-7 Tayside Civil War (1983: Doomsday)
- Southern Manchurian Territory (1983: Doomsday)
User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 11:23, September 27, 2020 (UTC)
I would like to fix the errors in and expand:
I have put my I gripes on their talk pages and the DD 1983 talk page. One big lore error is that the TBA have a major functioning city, Luton, which was also nuked in to oblivion on another page.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 17:03, September 27, 2020 (UTC)
Tags and strike troughs are gone.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 17:03, September 27, 2020 (UTC)
Points of Lore
I think the guy who created Leicestershire was right for creating it and it's plausible.
New London, I think needs to be fixed in respect to the Slough nuke.
A 100Kt nuke would have leveled most of Windsor and the north of it on fire. Fall out would be everywhere. Windows would have shattered in Gerrards Cross, miles away. Even a 10kt nuke would shatter windows in Windsor and burn up Eton Wick.
- https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/ was my source and I airburst over the railway station. It's burns, not over pressure induced demolition that would ruin Windsor. Obviously I got the rings confused, but still, but Windsor is hell either way. I note the winds.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 21:54, October 1, 2020 (UTC)
My fix- A 100kt device also hit Slough and Reading, but the one meant for Slough failed to go off and was later destroyed when the 2 10kt nukes meant to finish off Slough Trading Estate in such an event came down soon afterwards. Slough city center was also hit by a 3rd 10kt missile that had missed hitting Heathrow by a few miles.'User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 13:13, September 29, 2020 (UTC)
I agree with the Welsh sates' creator that Wales would join the CA much later since due to the nature of Welsh national spirit. They are also plausible.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 13:42, September 29, 2020 (UTC)
If lore and Cold War strategy are right Luton, Dundee and Aberdeen are dead; but if article cannon is right they were not hit.
A suggested compromise= Glasgow and Liverpool were slightly missed all ready. The 200kt Luton nuke missed by 10 miles and hit Barton-le-Clay, while the other 2 100kt nukes exploder 5 miles east out to sea. The 10kt weapons aimed at the harbours and Luton Airport will hit as planned. They will be damaged an irradiated, but not totally ruined.'User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 13:58, September 29, 2020 (UTC)
I am also planning to create a CA satellite state, that in time joins the CA, in Herefordshire\Shropshire and northern Dorset.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 05:00, September 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Can you look at New London (1983: Doomsday) (iffy) and Imperial Empire of New York City (1983: Doomsday) (ASB), pls.Didcot1 (talk) 14:53, September 30, 2020 (UTC)
Objection to obsoleteness and sudden canonizations + explanations.
Hi, I'm SigmaHero045
First of all, concerning Susquehanna, I indeed respected the proper procedure for canonization. I'll recapitulate what happened: so, seeing that the creator stopped having hope for it to ever be canon, I gave him an hand saying "I can make it happen" in sight of such talent and effort. What I meant (as you can look upon yourself in the Susquehanna section of the DD main talk page) was that, instead of him/her doing that proposal for canonization, I could be the one doing it for him/her given he/she properly authorize me to do so of course. And authorization I got. So, in respect of the rules of adoption, I posted on the main DD talk page a request to authorize its canonization if nobody objects (on the Susquehanna section inside of it so all actors that participated in the debate of years prior could see it). And so I waited, if I remember correctly, 2 whole weeks before posting that since nobody objected (to me AND to Daeseunglim who replied to previous issues he/she fixed that were preventing such canonization from taking place) it could according to rules become canon. Nobody objected, not the moment before nor moments after its canonization of its canonization. I fail to see any problems here. Could you quote me a passage that proves I did something incorrectly, else by logic it became canon fair and square following at face value the rules?
Secondly, why did you suddenly made obsolete entire proposals while unilaterally making others canon? The Manchurian Territory is already de facto canon because of its role after the conquest of Imperial China by the Siberian Union. It is implicitly mentioned in other canon articles so objections to the proposal were therefore by logic there because of how the article itself was written and organized, not the concept itself of a Manchuria divided between a proper republic (northern Manchuria) and a territory (southern Manchuria). Could you at least explain why it became obsolete (which means "impossible given current canon to even work without contradicting something")? Also why did Mauritius amongst others suddenly became canon, is there something I missed, was authorization actually given to it being canon or was it given but forgot to be implemented? Could you explain please? I think such canonizations must at least be posted on the main talk page to be valid (or if someone that objects was unaware of it at first, that person could use the "under review" label for as long as the consensus is not reestablished, cause that's why this label exists in the first place).
Thirdly, excellent idea that is to do some cleanup of the main talk page. I kept forgetting to ask an admin about this. Altough I must say, shouldn't such archiving only be reserved to subjects that were done and settled in the first place (like all those Allie DeBerry posts or that one proposal for a state in the Congo that just didn't work out at all)? If that's the case, good. I'm just a bit worried that inactive = done and settled which isn't necessarily true. I mean, let's say I adopt a proposal article from years ago with the goal of making it canon and fixing what was wrong with it. Would this mean I would have to look through eight pages of archives just to find why it didn't became back then canon? Wouldn't it be much better and practical if it stayed on the main talk page under such context (I'm not saying you did that, just something on my mind in prediction of the future)? Wouldn't it discourage someone that want to participate in the timeline from doing so, like a person from the place of the article having knowledge that could prove right/wrong the proposal?
Thanks for hearing me out. I need explanations as I'm a bit confused.
- I agree, giving an explanation behind some more unobvious deletes and cannonings would be a good thing- see Manchuria. User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 05:11, September 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Lots to address here, so let's sort of go from easy to hard.
- The two-week rule is an obvious one that needs to change, given the new realities of the project. Lots of Proposals have been posted that got no objections - because they got no comments at all, positive, negative, anything - because the community is not the active hub that it was when the rules were formed. That kind of change will need discussion, though.
- As for why I moved forward to unilaterally approve or remove some things: yes, in order to get things moving again, I had to fudge some procedure, since otherwise I saw no way to move forward. I didn't touch any proposals posted 2018 of after, just things that were truly dead conversations. Each was a judgment call, and as I stated in the talk page, if either of you really disagree with any of them, feel free to re-list. But know that an active discussion about them will probably be frustratingly slow. Nobody cared to talk about them for several years, I find it unlikely that this will change. What was needed was a decision so that we who are now interested can discuss the new content being generated.
- As for why I felt that I could make these decisions but you can't - I guess it's that I don't know you. I was moving quickly and thought you were just a very new person with no connection to the project. Now that I look through your edit history I see that you've been interested in the timeline for years, and that you've reached out to many members of the project. I think you did the right thing with the Susquehanna article, basically the same thing that I did. I owe you an apology.
- As for the proposals by Mscoree (the Manchuria, Yunnan, and French Southern Territories): I know that this is about the person, not the content, but those are by a user who was permanently banned from the wiki. It was not a good situation, look through the block logs if you're interested. It seems not worth our while to leave open discussions from such a source. For the French islands, I'm familiar enough with that area of 1983DD that I could reduce the articles down to information already known to be canonical, remove the contested info from the pages, and mark them as open for adoption. With the China-related content, I didn't feel that I had the expertise to make decisions like that, so I simply marked them obsolete. If you want to do something with them so that they can be proposed again (which means reading through pages and pages of very annoyingly argumentative discussion), you're absolutely free to do that - as you're free to go through any other failed proposals to try reviving them. I was actually considering doing the same with the French islands, though I would first ask to adopt Republic of the French Southern Territories. That's a country that generally needs some attention.
- Both here and on Discord, it seems like my decisions on the Mscoree pages were by far the most controversial ones, but I'm not going to budge on those. If you think they deserve to be considered, please adopt them yourself and make changes in response to the archived discussions.
- And no, it definitely doesn't serve the group to have decade-old discussions sitting around everywhere. The thing was 500,000 bytes of text. Utterly unworkable, especially for a smaller and less active group. That does create a burden for future adoptions, but hopefully other users and a little Ctrl+F can help with that. But I also don't think leaving unresolved discussions on the main talk page would make that any easier. It had to be trimmed. It still does, frankly, but anything more will have to come from more people than just me. But in any case, the situation with the discussions is the same as that with the proposals - if you think a convo needs to be rescued from the archives, you can just do that.
- Benkarnell (talk) 12:59, September 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for canonizing Mauritius Indian Ocean Territory (1983: Doomsday).Didcot1 (talk) 14:55, September 30, 2020 (UTC)
Manchurian Territory (DD1983) relaunch
I don't know DD 1983 China, but looking over it, I would say it is unfair to totally obsolete Manchurian Territory since other articles agree it:
- Had existed.
- It forcibly replaced Imperial China.
- The ATL nukings are right.
- It recently joined the Mancurina SSR.
- The OTL geology on the Khingan Mountains and the OTL history on the Jurchen, etc are right.
I'm trying to sort it out the storyline over the next few days in ATL, but I think it now needs few if any changes byond some stuff about beating Imperial China in their war.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 19:45, September 30, 2020 (UTC)
Operation Manchurian Freedom (1983: Doomsday) relaunch
Operation Manchurian Freedom (1983: Doomsday) is a trainwreck, some parts are rether off note. LG was wrong over the Siberians expunging the Manchurians and Moscoree\Imp were wrong for saying Manchuria was the golden future time. It is not my ATL\OTL neck of the woods, but it did occer, the Siberians won and some basic facts are true. I'm trying to relaunch it.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 17:04, October 1, 2020 (UTC)
Scotland (1983: Doomsday) review and relaunch
It needs to be reviewed to verify cannon after my upgrade
Several dud maps
Wake up- the maps are drawn wrong and I fixed the plot accordingly (sorry Falkirk District Council).
- Due to a error in the CA's mapping department the south of Falkirk District was also given to Northumbria once the plans were put into action.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 18:23, October 4, 2020 (UTC)
The County of Kirkcudbright Should be mapped as Southern Scotland, not CA according to part of the the article.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 20:31, October 4, 2020 (UTC)
Map errors and a plot hole
The CA hols the County of Kirkcudbright and yet Southern Scotland's justice miniser is elected thire and it's part of Southern Scotland. It's been fixed and explained away.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 20:31, October 4, 2020 (UTC)
2011 southern scotland map.gif
Integrated map error that awarded them Part of Fallkirkshire and fixed the Kikubrightshire plot hole in the text.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 22:09, October 4, 2020 (UTC)
If it contains part of Lanarkshire, I'm accrediting an extra 100,000 (Lanarkshire) citizens to it.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 19:13, October 4, 2020 (UTC)
Kirkcudbrightshire= 15,000 more.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 20:31, October 4, 2020 (UTC)
My planned upgrade
It is completed now.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 20:31, October 4, 2020 (UTC)
Explaining the CA's holdings in the English Midlands.
The Alliance of West Mercia (Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Shropshire).User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 11:37, October 5, 2020 (UTC).
The CA is having a few tweeks over the next week or so.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 14:14, October 8, 2020 (UTC)
DD1983 Upgrades and lore fixes done to:
- Celtic Alliance (1983: Doomsday) User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 17:51, October 8, 2020 (UTC)
- True British Army (1983: Doomsday) User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 17:51, October 8, 2020 (UTC)
- United Communities of Norfolk (1983: Doomsday)User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 23:15, October 10, 2020 (UTC)
There's a user named Mal3ssio97 who has kept his unauthorized edits afloat despite me explaining that he didn't adopt the pages so he didn't have the right to do them in the first place (outside his broken links fixes and grammar mistakes fixes which are fine). This includes changing without consultation elements of the Korea flag of 1983DD (and not just a better quality of picture like he said) and unilaterally changing the design of the Flags page. I don't know if he had authorization for other things. Could you revert all non-minor non-canon-changing changes and explain to him? Thanks.
DD UK population
I am adding ATL 2020 census figures.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 19:49, 13 October 2020 (UTC)
I just did Republic of Scilly (1983: Doomsday), at lest it was not fixing a plot hole or paradox for once.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 19:03, 14 October 2020 (UTC)
I am going of line due to real world issues. You can delete my UK articles since I can't develop them to thire true potential in the few days I have left.
I have finished Manchuria and those African states. and I am pleased with them, so you can graduate them. Sadly the UK articles are still a bit rough and can't be devloped in the short while I still have, so delete them.
I also think that planned civil war some want with that Mr Poll guy in Leicestershire is daft.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 21:58, 16 October 2020 (UTC)
Or you know, you could leave them for adoption. Someone else could be interested in finishing them the same way you did for someone else's Manchuria. Also, the reunification of England is inevitable, it's just logic and history that pushes it. I do however admit that the whole english emperor thing is silly but again who could have predicted Turkmenistan? SigmaHero045 (talk) 21:55, 17 October 2020 (UTC)
Yeh, the whole thing is such a cannon-lore mess, it can never be fully fixed. You can delete my stuff, I dout if it fits in cnnon probably and is a bit farfetched and implusable. a I've lost interest in the impossible task.User:Todetode :. ~ Under the Hood, Connect to Basic information? ~ Todetode (talk). 14:11, 20 October 2020 (UTC)