- 1 Timba 3857
- 2 RE: Fiji (and other islands)
- 3 Delete this image
- 4 Stirling nomination
- 5 Trump Victory Ban
- 6 RE: Lewiston
- 7 Re:Flag
- 8 Chaos Timeline
- 9 Question
- 10 Atlantic Resolve improvement suggestions
- 11 Westboro Baptist Church
- 12 About replacing my picture in Empire of Formosa
- 13 RE: categories
- 14 RE:categories
- 15 RE: 2018 FIFA World Cup (1983: Doomsday)
- 16 History of Israel (1983: Doomsday)
- 17 Deplatforming me based on a picture
- 18 RE: timeline interest
RE: Fiji (and other islands)
Please go ahead and do whatever you wish with Fiji. What were you thinking for Niue, the Cook Islands, Tuvalu, Papua, East Timor et al.?
Everything with regards to the OO looks good to me! Zack 20:43, 4 January 2021 (UTC)
Sorry for the slow reply. What you've laid out sounds plasuible and offers many new avenues for expanding the TL. I'm partiucally interested what happened with Donne in the Cook Islands. Zack 23:21, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
Delete this image
|You've been nominated|
|Everyone else gets one of these messages, so why shouldn't I. TSPTF award. 8udxftrgggggg Voting is open through January 25.|
Benkarnell (talk) 17:07, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
Trump Victory Ban
A blanket ban probably would only need to be temporary until things cool down. I just feel allowing Trump supporters any "escapism" or rationalisation through alternate history in which their champion either won or is a...to put it mildly...a nice guy shouldn't be allowed here. His supporters committed sedition, murder, potentially espionage, and other unforgivable actions and Trump encouraged them. This policy could be expanded on to include Ted Cruz and any other Republican who objected to Biden's win, especially after the Capital attack. Experiment632 (talk) 01:38, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- A ban or limitation could definitely be implemented for "What if the insurrectionists won" timelines? Such limitation would allow for America under a continued illegal Trump presidency to be depicted as a dictatorship but not a Democracy to ensure the insurrectionists continue to be depicted as villains not good guys despite having won. Experiment632 (talk) 19:30, 14 February 2021 (UTC)
Well, I must say I am surprised you bothered contact me about this after, what around about four years now? I was just checking up on the wikia when I noticed the notification. As for the topic of Lewiston itself, I would definitely agree that the general premiss of the town closing its gates as the world falls around it is cliché. To be entirely honest the article itself was written by me when I was a fair bit younger and my writing was a lot less refined, not to mention the quality of my research and logical reasoning skills. But, ironically enough my home town itself went up in a mushroom cloud or near enough to blanket it in what is left of Portland depending on the wind. However, I will say that I had and still have concerned the idea of the town being re-established after the bombs dropped and the city was abandoned. Unfortunately, I run into the reality that any re-establishment of the City of Lewiston would be under the aegis of the Aroostook Republic which is something I had wanted to avoid. My hopes for it had been that considering the entirety of southern Maine is really a no-mans land between the Aroostook Republic, the Northern Townships, and the good old Republic of Greater Vermont which is generally written off as lacking any organized nation or even city states due to the radiation and raiders even decades after the war. It had been and still is my sincere hope to contribute to the Doomsday: 1983 world, especially in a region which is not only unoccupied with other works which my contributions might perturbe and that I am so familiar with personally. But, at the end of the day I just don't see how I could make it function in such a way that might conform to the general premise which you suggested while still being able to write a article that I am satisfied with. At any rate thank you for contacting me about the article and I look forward to your reply.
- I myself am quite frankly inclined to agree, the me of the time was also the false misconception that republican form of governance might be able to survive in a smaller isolated area. Now I realize that the simple reality is that things would've been very brutal with summary executions in the street for even minor crimes to maintain order and drastic measures to stem the tide of refugees towards Lewiston such as strictly enforced blockades or even the destruction of certain bridges along the main road arteries leading north towards Lewiston. Not to mention the mayor would have to quickly take up position as a the autocratic head of the community or a law enforcement executive or military officer would have to take over to provide strong leadership that can act quickly without need for deliberation. But, like I said my main qualm was with the abandonment and then reestablishment. That is because I think that recolonization would put them under the control of the Aroostook Republic, rather than by a independent group of survivors which I think would be vastly more likely if they had been there from the start.
Thank you so much for the clarification.
I'm sorry for editing the timeline without asking for permission. To tell you the story, I edited some pages such as Ayutthaya and Pegu. I found that the information in these pages are very lacking so I added some additional information. With those events, I edited the timeline to keep it up to date with my changes.
Sincerely, MaxIsVeryAwesome :)
Atlantic Resolve improvement suggestions
Given my AH was last place for the Stirling award so last I didn't even get one vote, it's apparent my timeline can use a lot of polish. Any suggestions or recommendations so I can perform better next year. Experiment632 (talk) 08:43, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
- Could people be getting my Pax Russiana page mixed up with the primary Atlantic Resolve AH and I should therefore remove it from the Atlantic Resolve category altogether despite being an AH within that AH? Experiment632 (talk) 20:36, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yeah Pax Russiana was really supposed to be a short page on par with the alternate ending chapter for General Sir.John Hackett's book "The Third World War: The Untold Story". Wasn't expecting it to expand into its own AH category. Even I started getting confused between the two AHes despite the fact I'm writing them. Experiment632 (talk) 22:20, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
- Is it plausible that presidential term limits could be repealed or subject to special exemption in a hypothetical 28th Amendment, citing the wartime leadership of Tulsi Gabbard in my AH? Experiment632 (talk) 09:17, 10 February 2021 (UTC)
Of course there's also the likelihood a person like Gabbard would put a stop to the vote for her to serve beyond her constitutional term and even quote Padmé Amidala from Star Wars Episode II by stating "popular rule is not democracy". Also what do you think of my idea with part of Tulsi's 2016 campaign trail including a tour behind enemy lines to meet with some citizens living under Russian occupation? Officially during her risky venture her reservist status would be activated so she can attached as a medic with the US Special Forces unit assigned to link up with the American Resistance. Experiment632 (talk) 23:00, 21 February 2021 (UTC) Oops sorry meant to include this in last post. Primary cause for conflict between Tulsi Gabbard and many Democrats, notably James Roosevelt III, were disagreements on post-war foreign policy. For example many hawks in both major parties called for total occupation of Russia despite the armistice. Also Gabbard wanted to repeal the Patriot Act which had greatly expanded thanks to the Russian invasion though they were very resistant in that. While such a thing was understandable during the war, it gradually became less appealing during peacetime especially once the Treaty of Manteo was signed. Even in OTL, Gabbard has been shown to be at odds with the other Democrats and to me she seems to have Libertarian leaning hence why she's Libertarian in AH. Experiment632 (talk) 06:28, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
- What could make Gabbard's decision to join the Libertarian Party more believable besides what I already have: her OTL Libertarian leaning, the AH rise of Libertarianism in the country, and disagreement over post-war foreign policy/Patriot Act? Experiment632 (talk) 22:50, 23 February 2021 (UTC)
Westboro Baptist Church
About replacing my picture in Empire of Formosa
Don’t you see that the two pictures are slightly different? There’s also Okinawa, Batan, Xiamen in my version
Hi I was triyng to add some categories but I just coulsn't find any tip how to do it. I'm glad for offering help.
Thank you so much your description was really clear and it's nice to know that there are still people who want to help others , can I ask you about one more thing?
The thing is that I tried to use hyperlinks in template but it doesn't work. Maybe there is some way to do it properly?
RE: 2018 FIFA World Cup (1983: Doomsday)
Hello man. Man, it feels so long since I've been here on Althist. So yeah, about the World Cup. I take it that the only issues with the article is the fact that the stadiums are too big and too modern for DD sensibilities? So if I change those then the article can be returned as a proposal? Or are there other things I'd have to take into consideration? Because if I remember correctly, the images were added by another user during the time when DD was dead and/or unmonitored. Thanks for the notification though.
Okay, thanks for letting me know.
History of Israel (1983: Doomsday)
Hey man. I don't know who exactly to report this to, but I saw that a blocked user had made an edit to the History of Israel (1983: Doomsday) page that hadn't been rolled back yet. I don't know who I should report this to, but I figured I should tell you because you're brass and probably the most active guy on DD right now.
Okay, thanks for letting me know.
Deplatforming me based on a picture
I am not going to remove a picture of some bald italian dictator from my fandom account, as there is something called "Freedom of Expression", but obviously Wikis and Social Media love to trample on said Human Right because it suits their political motives. So go ahead and ban me, Id rather keep the picture then bend over backwards and allow my rights to be troden upon by some bureaucratic low-life liberal scumbag like yourself.