|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
The Alternate History Wiki is a project for all communities concerned with creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever growing collection of alternative histories.
Hello I just read Luna Earth and it seems like to me you are off to a good start. Here are some ideas
- Perhaps you could change the development rates so that the Lunar Species could be as advanced or more advanced then Earth.
- Human Relgions might be altered with an existence of a blue-green planet in the sky.
Yes, I always had the idea of the lunans being more advanced than humans, even considering developing space travel around the time of the Apollo II mission. And I added a "religion" section to the Luna: Earth II template, considering many different religions that could have been created for Luna. Thanks for the message! ChrisL123 01:16, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
This is a good project, I will be willing to help if asked
In your reponse to this go to my talk page and write it there it is considered good wiki-manners
And remember to put your signature in the message,
Alexanders 01:45, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
In the future, add the category "Luna: Earth II" to all on the articles you make in that timeline. Have a good day. Lordganon 22:34, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Alright, I think I'll add it to the Portal box template. Thanks for letting me know! ChrisL123 22:55, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
Hmm... as a new user you seem to catch on pretty well I tried to make a potal page template but I don't know how to add the links, can you help?Alexanders 01:21, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you! this is exactly what I needed! Alexanders 01:59, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
I am reading your T.L and I am praticly falling in love with this... it is awsome no kidding
anything I can do to help? Alexanders 23:37, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, buddy! Thank you for correcting my template, that was exactly what I meant! Now, could you please explain to me your twist of hand? lol As a new user, I don't understand the trick, but I sure wish to. Parsifal br 04:18, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
Saw the note you left on the one article. Only admin members of Lieutenant or higher can delete articles. Just mark the delete tag on the article, and one of us will find it eventually. So ya know ;) Lordganon 03:30, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
I'm going to say this exactly once: Do not try and logout in order to nominate your timeline like that again. Wikia traced those IPs back to you, in an obvious attempt to get around the rules.
Lordganon 09:40, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
All match you. Claim it was your brother all you want, which cannot be proved one way or the other, but far as I, and the staff, are concerned in cases like that with IPs, it's still you. And the sarcasm was unneeded. Lordganon 15:36, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Wikia can trace any and all IPs that have been used by an account, at request by an administrator of a wiki. Both match your account. Lordganon 15:53, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Not only is it possible, it happened. Don't try that stunt again. End of Discussion. Lordganon 17:06, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Christianity in New Union
Hello Chris. I have noticed that you have made an addition to the main page of the New Union timeline. I just want to let you know that this change has been reverted, and the main reason is that this particular section is only for canon works (more or less). If you would like, you are more than welcome to create an article about the religious ideals of the Soviet Union and how they are different from OTL, but it would not be made canon right away. Thank you for your interest in the NU timeline, I hope we haven't discouraged you from wanting to expand more into it. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 14:38, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Heh. You'll notice that I never said a word to you, Chris? I knew it wasn't you. I'd appreciate it if you actually thought before speaking in the future. Lordganon 23:33, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
- *Slaps forehead* I am so sorry. It was a misunderstanding. I feel like a complete idiot. As for the map of Roosevelt's Germany... call that another misunderstanding. Blame it on my dyslexia, but I swear I didn't even notice that it was a translated map. Thank you for the translated map, and I reverted my edit for that. I feel so stupid right now. Please forgive me for any troubles I have caused. :'( --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 03:14, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
I had so much trouble with the ROK table thanks for fixing it!
Alexanders 14:39, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Re: .PNG to .SVG conversion?
Sorry, but that is top secret. Only me, George Washington, and Jesus know how to do this. Lolz. Sorry, couldn't resist (just got off work). Glad that you are getting active in Inkscape, but sadly, I know of no way to convert PNG to SVG. The sad truth is that everything I have converted from PNG to SVG was completely by hand. I would just find the PNG symbol I wish to use, and line them inch by inch on Inkscape. What about that conversion website that you linked on your userpage? That looks interesting, but not interesting enough for me to pay for. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 00:39, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Sometimes it does. But I rather like it, allows me to be creative. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 01:20, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
U.S Presidents Contest
On the Nexus I have started a U.S Presidents Contest. The Earliest POD can be in the 1944 election.
Give a 9 to 15 sentence description to each Presdient following your POD
Are you intrested? Alexanders 23:57, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
You are very welcome to help.
And yes I already have some ideas for nations.
Alexanders 17:51, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
Alexanders 19:44, July 4, 2011 (UTC) Your ideas are excellent!
Bermedua should become part of Britian at first.. but mabey it could try to break away Alexanders 20:34, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
This is the location of the nation of Nova Roma. I wished that the Romans had still discovered the greater Azores, as there is moch more space in it for another nation. Anyway, I would like help creating a suitably "Roman" flag for Nova Roma to use. And is it possible for the Nova Romans to control both of the Ampere Islands (at least temporarily)? I would think that Nova Roma could have served as refuge for Romans seeking to flee the barbarians. How do you like the idea of a vestige of Roman culture existing to this day? I would think they would get a lot of tourists because of it.
Yank 01:49, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
Southern Atlantic Islands
Sure I do speak Portuguese, actually I'm Brazilian... that's why I put a "br" on my nick... LOL. Actually, this ATL falls very much into my fields of interest, especially, say, the "southern part" of it: Brazilian history, Atlantic slave trade and making things turn out to be very different from OTL with a few slight changes. :)
As for the names, I sure could make it, and I could also think of some historical relations to the islands on each side of Southern Atlantic. I got a few takes about this, that I don't know where it's best to talk about. Six days in this wiki still makes me a beginner... LOL. Parsifal br 20:20, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
I think the Coner Islands should be settled by native Americans, perhaps by Deleware, Irioqui or Mimaq, what do you think? Alexanders 22:50, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
Just as a note, the Iroquois couldn't get to the Atlantic. Too many other natives in the way. Nor was the river actually passable all the way at the time.
Corner Islands are too far to colonize by the natives. Their canoes are definitely not sea-going beyond the coast, lol.
The Kelvins, hunt around for the natives from the Cape Cod/Long Island region.
Lordganon 00:09, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
What happened to Madeira? It doesn't seem to be on the map. Also, have you considered possibility of a Celtic/Iberic culture on these islands? Apparently there were some inhabitants on the OTL Azores before Portuguese arrival? Detectivekenny (Info; Talk) 01:13, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
My New Map Game
Flag of Dutch AzoresI changed the Flag of Dutch Azores to a Yellow Flag with three stars, but the one with the crown is so pretty/nice. So since it's your flag, I want to use the old flag as a Coat of Arms. Just checkin' if it's okay with you =] Okay and hi! Marcus/Michael Villanova 00:21, July 21, 2011 (UTC)
Divided States of America
I know he was only fixing spelling, but its in the whole idea of him editing my TL. I like people to ask for the ability to edit my TL, which i will give. It seemed like he was doing it for badges, fixing it one section at a time and fixing only one or two mistakes Roguejedi 01:42, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
A presentHey there! We've never spoken before and I've never paid too much attention to your Earth II timeline, but nonetheless this evening I had a bug to touch up your photo of Luna for you. So, without further ado:
I hope you can find a use for it!
Fegaxeyl 22:45, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for telling me
Thanks for telling me that information after this I will stop.Empire1994 02:03, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
Hey it's Empire again
Hey it's Empire again just wanting to know how it is vandilism when I created the pages you have corrected.Empire1994 02:12, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
Can I do a favor?
I wanted to have a Filipino and South Korean colony on the moon.
General tiu 10:45, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Hello, do you happen to know where Montes Apenninus is located on the map? I can't find the location on the circle Luna map that would roughly be where this map shows. Could you highlight it for me please? Thanks. (In case your wonder why I ask, it is because I want some elevation changes/mountain for Nepal's colony, since Nepal is located in the Himalayas on Earth). 9 もりや すわこ 09:52, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
On the Eve of War
Hi im the author of on the eve of war i would apreaciate it if u gave me some feed back cos im a berginer
Fishezinmasandvitch 19:28, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
How do you get a contents box on an article page? I don't know how to so would you be able to tell me please?Ta! Oh, and feel free to comment on my timeline as this is my first undertaking. Ta again! :D Imperium Guy 17:47, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
Wow! Thanks for that. It looks amazing. One question, after you've created the portal box template, would you be able to edit it? Also, by contents box I meant the the box which shows all the main headings and sub-headings. Ta!! :D Imperium Guy 18:15, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
Oh, okay. Do you think its improved though, with the pictures? Imperium Guy 16:00, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
Thought I'd let you know that this is a joint project between Yank and Tbguy. Lordganon 19:21, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
In regards to your question about adopting Riel's Canada, I must, unfortunately, decline your request. It is a timeline that User:Yankovic270 and myself was going to work on together, but we haven't been able to work on it due to my lack of good internet at the moment we haven't been able to work on it, though I have every intention of doing so when I get the chance.
However, if Yankovic approves, I would be more than happy to allow you to help us on the TL, as... yeah, we haven't done very much on it at all. We have some ideas, but I'm sure if three heads got together, we can work on making it one of the best timeline's on the Wiki!
I would recommend asking Yankovic, and if he gives the okay, then we can get to work on it! (I will be back to University in about three weeks or less, with highspeed internet).
Thank you for your interest!
Tbguy1992 03:23, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks, Chris, that's really great. I hate to say this, but I was kinda hoping for a blank map of Antarctica with the 1917 borders for all countries (ie. not highlighting Russian Antarctica). I completely understand if you don't have time to make one or anything, though. - Mister Sheen 09:53, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, large borders would be better; and New Swabia still had separate borders while it was under British rule. Thanks! - Mister Sheen 14:12, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
Not a problem, as long as the borders are all the same width, that's perfect. - Mister Sheen 01:16, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
There's no rush, don't worry about it. It would be great if you could do the other maps, but it gets pretty complicated in the Ognia region. The biggest problem is that, as far as I know, the borders for Alexandria and Palmeria haven't been defined yet. I think they're going to look something like this, but I'm not sure, so you might want to wait until we know for certain. - Mister Sheen 23:54, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
Greetings. I see you are interested in Dutch Antarctica. I see nothing wrong with that, in fact, I have been thinking a lot about Dutch Antarctica. More or less it would not be too successful, and the Russians will take it over, but allow the continuation of Dutch culture. If you are interested, please, be my guest.
- Just an update. I hope you won't be mad at me, but I sent Mister Sheen a blank map of Antarctica from 1915. I also thought of an interesting idea for Dutch Antarctica. One of the Governorates of Bellinsgauzenia is called the "Midnight Coast." Maybe the name originated form the Dutch term for the region, and the governorate continues to have a large Dutch heritage. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 01:27, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for adding a Greek version of the name, but you see, in this time-line the country is named "Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics", not "Union of Soviet Socialist Republics". Could you fix that? — Hellerick 16:13, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
Regarding the arms of assiniboina, the other elements makes sense to me but if it is not part of Canada, I doubt they would have included the maple leaves at the base. Maybe instead you could use a buffalo ? Marcpasquin 21:51, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
Its up and I noticed you haven't made any moves. u should. Ta!! :D Imperium Guy 16:16, August 28, 2011 (UTC)
Just to note, Indonesia is not highlighted, and no one control it. However, Thailand is highlighted, and Im controlling it. Indonesia is just a bunch of large and small islands, while Thailand isnt, lol.
And the creator of the border map only put borders around Thailand, and no land from French Indochina was taken. Just thought I'd let know. :p 9 もりや すわこ 19:06, August 28, 2011 (UTC) It's okay, mistakes happen.
- And as for the map, after looking at it again, it does in fact look like that Thailand took some land from French Indochina. Though, the one who edited that map only saved the small version and edited it, instead of taking the full size version and edit it that way. So that's probably why Thailand seems to have gotten land from French Indochina. 9 もりや すわこ 19:21, August 28, 2011 (UTC)
- We urge you to break your alliance with the british. They have openly aligned themselves with the Germans, making themselves the enemies of democracy worldwide. and their actions in the Netherlands have only highlighted their imperialist intentions. Beware. Join us in an alliance, and there will be hope for the world yet. Azecreth 17:40, August 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, the Soviets had spies in a high level of the Japanese government. It's how they knew the Japanese weren't going to attack them in 1941, so they could withdraw the Siberian divsions. Look up a guy named Richard Sorge. Yeah. He's with me. If they were to invade Indochina, he would have known ahead of time, and I could have warned you. That's not even mentioning my spies in Germany. Azecreth 15:02, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I was not going to give up Central Arabia and Iraq will be setteled by peole from the ruined citie of the USSR. I also control Spain and the USA. I adopted Ierland ages back.Oxfordshire 1972 19:17, October 15, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm mothering several deserted or user:retiered nations. Would you like it If I engineared some sort of Spanish offer to politicaly merge with France? If not Portugal's going to be given it, bt I would prefer France to have Spain.Oxfordshire 1972 05:41, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Jaden is back.Oxfordshire 1972 17:02, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
Jaden has returned, so I offer you Ireland instead.Oxfordshire 1972 17:02, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry for the delayed action, but sorry, while you two are pretty plausible, we have way, way too many mods right now anyways. I'll contact you and Bob as soon as a spot opens up. PitaKang- (Talk|Contribs) 20:20, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
Failed Revolution Map Game
Of the world if you can find it. The map should show the boundaires of the 13 colonies but the rest of the map should just be an outline of that country and colorcoded. I can colorcode it but if you find one that is, great.
DeanSims 21:36, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, I saw your post on Nuke's talk page, where you said you were too late to join in with the Great White South. I think a lot of people feel that way about GWS, because it was mostly built by a team of about 5 or 6 guys, rather than the entire community; so people feel like they might be "intruding", but that really isn't true, and there's plenty of ways you could join in. Plus, a lot of people have left the timeline, and now it's basically just me, Nuke and Vegas.
Since Mitro and Mumby have dropped out, Byrdia and Eduarda are essentially open for adoption; or if you want more of a blank slate, most of the Australian, New Zealand and South African territories (listed here) are almost completely undeveloped, with New Vestfold being the only real exception. If you're willing to work on a defunct nation or colony, then there's even more you could do; and if you don't want to adopt a nation at all, then maybe you could write something about Antarctic culture, indigenous animals/plants, or one of the Antarctic Tuzelmann Award laureates.
I don't know if you want to join in with GWS at all, but I hope you don't feel like you can't. - Mister Sheen 22:15, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- It really isn't as complete as it looks — sure, we know which nations existed, and when they existed, and we know what happened in the world wars; but beyond that, there isn't actually very much set in stone.
- Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that GWS hasn't turned into another 1983 (which, in my opinion, is basically a free-for-all based more on wiki politics than realism); but since Mitro, Mumby and United seem to have disappeared, and Nuke and Vegas have other things to work on, I'd really like to see a few other people get involved with GWS. - Mister Sheen 12:58, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I have to agree with Sheen, you wouldn't be intruding. But in the long run, the decision is yours, but I would love to see what you have in mind. If I remember correctly, you were originally going to include Antarctica in The Green North (why did you put it up for adoption?). So again, I would love to see what you have in mind. As for the map game, thank you so much for asking me first. As long as it remains on this website, I would love to see a game of Antarctica. One one condition, I get to play XD. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 01:49, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
United Nations (AvA r)
Axis v Alies (r)
Hindustan has (OTL) unplausably and with out good cause (ATL) crushed Eritrea, Somalia and Sudan in 1 turn. I agree, let's make a stand in Ethiopia. I'm going to cut oil and bauxite supplys to Hindustan if they don't leave Sudan soon. We could join with Italy and try to free at least Sudan (it has a player) or modify the posts over plausabilaty. Fancey some cheep oil, bauxite, coal or bananas for 10 years?Oxfordshire 1972 15:52, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
Agreed, Iv'e got some troops and ships coming to French Sudan (OTL) Mali, Senegal, ect to join in an joint atempt to save Ethiopia and crush Hindustan in Africa.Oxfordshire 1972 16:24, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
Add Yugoslavia to the coalition?Oxfordshire 1972 16:28, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
It was redone.Oxfordshire 1972 19:36, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
AvAr League of Catholic Nations
The Venezuelan government will set up the League of Catholic Nations. Your nation has been invited to join the mutual religious, cultural, trade and defence pact. Let me know if you want in to it. :-) Oxfordshire 1972 15:53, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
I'm sqishing the Nazi diehards in Bohimia tomorrow, fancy helping out by taking over the southern 1/3 (33%)? Oxfordshire 1972 19:36, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
I've asked Spain if they can pitch in as well..Oxfordshire 1972 19:45, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
Natives in Kerguelen Plateau
I sincerely doubt it. While the place otl is not the best ever, if anyone had found the place before the Europeans arrived otl, someone would have settled there. No one did.
Unlike the Pacific and Caribbean, there's no real "seafarers" on the Indian ocean until after the 1400s, when the Arabs and the Europeans first arrive. It would get settled from that point onwards.
Basically, unless they were connected to Africa at some point - which as volcanic islands is not the case - there is not going to be any inhabitants before explorers arrive.
Lordganon 08:35, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
Austronesians hands down. They populated Madagascar from Borneo with outrigger canoes. If there was Kerguelen in the way, they would have settled there instead. Detectivekenny (Info; Talk) 04:07, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
No, they wouldn't. I suggest you look at a map of where the Plateau is. They would not even come close.
Cook's mission on his second voyage was to find the fabled "Terra Australis." The discovery of another few islands would really give that no reason to change, given the Royal Society - what amounted to Cook's employers - really wanted to know more about TA. Plus, even if Kerguelen was larger, that news would both be some time in coming, and also Trémarec would be just getting back, at best, about the time Cook left.
There's little doubt he would find the islands, mind. But given his mission, he wouldn't stay there on that voyage. Nor do I doubt that the voyage he did to find the Northwest Passage otl would still happen, though maybe under someone else, with similar results - George Dixon, James King, Charles Clerke, or John Gore being likely candidates to head the "third" voyage and discover Hawaii. Probably, it would be Clerke killed in Hawaii leading the voyage, with Gore still leading them home like otl.
Instead of the third voyage, him being assigned instead to go explore the Plateau makes some sense. But only if it does not interfere with the second.
Lordganon 05:07, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Austronesians have been know to inhabit many "not even close" places. Hawaii, New Zealand, Madagascar and Easter Island are all displaced from the nearest possible port of departure by thousands of miles, without there seeming to be a clear reason for settling them. Also, the would not have been deflected by climactic differences, because they did inhabit New Zealand, which has somewhat similar climate to Kerguelen. Unlikely, yes, but certainly more likely than African inhabitants. Detectivekenny (Info; Talk) 20:13, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
Look, I told you not to edit this. Haven't you read the rules?
RandomWriterGuy 00:06, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Map making
First off, I am so sorry it has taken so long for me to write back. I have had a lot going on, plus I couldn't figure out the best way to explain myself (on map making).
As for the map making, I have many tricks. I have always wanted to make a YouTube tutorial on how I do this, and maybe I will have to look into it very soon. But in the case of this map, it is merely an ethnic map I found on Google, and added the borders to show my new republics in comparison to Iraq and its ethnic groups. If you would like for me to give you greater detail, let me try it this way.
- Go on Google and find a base map you would like to use.
- Copy the image to Inkscape (which is the program I use, and I think you use it too). For your work to be seen easier in comparison to the map, make the opacity smaller (I usually use between 25 to 50 [depending on the image itself]).
- For the case of making the borders, I use the "pencil tool" and the "pen tool". I have special settings for them, but I don't want to go into detail and explain everything about that. But in the long run, I usually change the stroke width of the lines (depending on the size of the base map itself). I would also use noticeable colors (like red or blue) for the stroke, and keep the fill empty (so you only see the lines).
- When I require more information that is not on the base map, I use other maps. For instance, the border for the Shia Republic (written as Babylonia in this map) is the same border as the southern governorates of Iraq. Go on Google and search for maps of the Iraqi governorates. Same as before, copy and paste to Inkscape. The new image is most likely no the same size or characteristics of the base map. In this case, you will have to play with the new image to make it (as close as possible) to fit into nicely with the base map (don't forget to make the opacity lower to see what you are doing).
- Use either the pencil or pen tool to now draw out the border you desire. As an authors note, I love to use the pencil tool more, because it gives a more "natural" look for the border and coastlines (but the decision is up to you).
- If you need to add more information to the map, just follow step four again, and it's that simple.
- When I post my finished work to AltHist Wiki, I remove any secondary maps (if they are not important in comparison to the base map). Keep the opacity low (like around 30), and make sure your borders and text are large enough (and colorful enough) to be distinct from the base map.
- To make use your image doesn't look "see through" when you upload it, make a while rectangle that is large enough to be bigger than the area you desire to be seen. Place this rectangle on the bottom of the page (or the end layer), and bingo. I would recommend doing this earlier (so you can see the map easier on Inkscape, but I forgot about it until now).
- Because Inkscape is vector, you can't upload the vector version with a copied map in it (it will not come out). That is why you need to convert the image into PNG. Go to Files -> Export Bitmap. On Bitmap size, I would suggest a small enough size that it can be uploaded and not crash Wikia, but large enough to be noticeable. My recommendation would be 2000 px for either the width or height (the other will be converted to match). Be sure you know where the file will be save onto (I recommend saving it to your desktop). Press export, and you are done ^_^
AvAr talk page
I did it as a servival tactitc. Personaly the M.R., Gayana Esqible and Ruthenia were only on my list. I was going to subert Peru like Panama and Nicaragua, but Hindustan began conquring my continent (Equador and Peru). I gave Portugal back Gunie and would not mide giving up Poland. I was thinking only of stopping Austria, Hindustan and the USSR taking over the world. I was going to do an election, where Poland realings with the USSR. I stuck my nose in to the Antrctica, but said I would leave below -). south since it's not been developed (it's to cold). I've surrendered Ruthenia to Austria. Turkey was ging to be crushed by Hinduastan, so I took over the rest. Elections were planned and gray status like Bohemia. Sudan is secduled for an election. The rest is stays my land.Oxfordshire 1972 04:55, October 15, 2011 (UTC)
Are you still playing?? :/ Imperium Guy 14:54, October 15, 2011 (UTC)
Its just that I have given my South American territory to Venezuala but its never been added to the map. Also, Dean is attacking the USSR when I told him not to in case Azecreth returns. :( Imperium Guy 14:58, October 15, 2011 (UTC)
Thankfully, he's used a spy to kill off the communists and establish a constitutional monarch without invading which I think is plausible. Now I just have to convince him not to take Sudan and ask for the Venezualan middle eastern territories. :) Imperium Guy 15:10, October 15, 2011 (UTC)
Done!! Thank you for your help!! Why did you make them independent (FEA) :D Imperium Guy 13:55, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
AvAr conch crunch
I agree, it's gon into inplausagasum overdrive. It fell apart in 1949 and went totaly waky by 1956. I may leave the game soon, like many have already done. I've lost the plot, continuity has broken down and all cononisaty is lost now. Argentina's user has not posted for a while, so they may have walked out like so many others.Oxfordshire 1972 01:33, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
News just in!
Kunarian got himself blocked for a week over a post on the N.O.E. game, attack fascist Austria whilst you have the chance! Eliminate the Reich!Oxfordshire 1972 14:02, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
I am very sorry for what I said to you last week. I felt what I did to you was very rude. Please give me a kind response. --RandomWriterGuy 17:31, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
What did Lx do?? BTW, I think the flag for French Indochina should be the frech flag made horizontal from vertical and the star the Japanese proposed. :) Imperium Guy 19:35, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
I know, it happens sometimes for no reason!! What do you think about the flag?? :) Imperium Guy 20:02, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Borealia in RA
You learned that in 9th grade?? Damn. All I learned in 9th grade was that cows go moo (basically). Just curious, do you live in Canada, or do you happen to go to the one school which talks about other countries (mine sure didn't).
As for Manitoba, all I can say is you are both right and wrong. I would also like to correct, the UK didn't "give" Ontario (Upper Canada) to the US. The Canadian rebellions would go in favor for the two Canadas, and it would turn into a Texas-like situation. The US would annex Upper Canada, while Lower Canada (Quebec) would remain independent. I would also like to correct, while I do agree Quebec would prefer to move away from English colonialism and embrace their French heritage, I highly dough they would "force" the English-speakers out. In fact, the Republic of Canada would be bilingual. There is also the fact of the English-speaking community in Labrador (which would remain in Lower Canada after the war), but that is a different story.
Now back to the question at hand (sorry about that XD). I am not too sure about the extent the Canadian loyalists exodus after the "Canadian Revolution" in ttl, but I do believe there would be a major difference from otl. These loyalists would become guests in Rupert's Land, rather than "Canadian expansion." In short, I am not too sure if the Red River Rebellion would take place, or whether it would be as extensive as OTL. With no Canadian Confederation to get in there way, the Red River Colony would continue to exist prominently under the vision of the colonists and the natives. I see this turning into a a similar situation to New South Wales in Australia, in which Winnipeg continues to control Rupert's Land. When the NWT and RL are merged, Winnipeg would take full control of the region (rather than Ottawa). Because of this, the colonists and the Metis would feel more in control of there region, rather than Canada invading their region.
But with more and more British colonization of the region, the Metis and Red River Colonists would feel like they are being pushed out. So similar to OTL, they would declare themselves their very own colony, and allowing the British to do as they wish with the NWT. Also, take a look at Assiniboia. This was the original name for Manitoba. The provisional government during the rebellion was called the Legislative Assembly of Assiniboia. Prior to which, Rupert's Land was governed by the Council of Assiniboia. It was Canada (not Winnipeg) which declared the name Manitoba. So without Ottawa, I can see the Red River Colony choosing their own name, and why change the name which has been used there already. While I do agree that calling the eastern-most province "Manitoba" is a bad idea, that was only to be a temporary name.
- I love Canada. My Mother is Canadian. Just curious, since you have taken an interest in Manitoba... are you a Manitoban?
- I am not sure if you came across it, but I have updated the provinces of Borealia, and I think I have a much better timeline for it. I made new provinces, and I am so exited on how it came out. I would love to get your two cents on it. Also, I came across your Divided Canada map of North America. I love how it turned out. Not to boast or anything, but did you know I was the one who made that map? --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 02:42, October 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry for sounding nosy. I just love meeting people who are not from the United States. I am also very surprised. I made that map a year ago (I believe), and I haven't really seen anybody use it. You are the first ^_^ Good luck with the timeline. I for one can't wait to read more about it! --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 02:56, October 27, 2011 (UTC)
OK, its about the maps, why are you shrinking my Indian colonies and enlarging Britains, I enlarged britains just as much as I did mine. I know your not being a jerk so please dont take it that way its just that, I trhink the mapmakers should work together on the maps and that way we both can agree on them. You do a great job on maps, its just that I get rid of the lesser colored pixels that the paint bucket doesnt fix by filling them in with the right color, making it easier to edit that area later. I could use some advice on mapmaking I guess.
DeanSims 16:47, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
Here is the final map. If you see any flaws please tell me and I'll do my best to fix them or you can tell me what needs to be fixed and you do it. Your call.
DeanSims 16:49, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
I would like to offer Britain a deal. The UK joins the World Economic Community and signs an alliance with Austria and the USA. I will not attack Canada, it would not do me good to be almost trapped between two unfriendly nations. Besides, the USA is preparing to force the Confederacy back into the Union or at least conquering everythin west of the Mississippii River, AND I dont want the USA fighting its mother country in another war and eventualy a world war. Please consider my deal.
DeanSims 16:59, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
Why did you revert to the old map? I've colonized the Morocco and Algeria... Doctor261 18:25, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
Alright then ^.^ Doctor261 18:30, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
I'm not asking how. That's alright. :D I understand. Doctor261 18:48, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
Would Indians be able to immigrate to Australia and South Africa?? :/ Imperium Guy 19:52, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
Can you add Mauritania colony, belonging to me (green colour), in the map, please? Doctor261 19:52, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks a lot ^.^ Doctor261 19:57, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
Good, good. Do you think you will expand South Africa anytime soon. My troops are getting bored, ;) Imperium Guy 20:06, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
Can you please tell me how you make your maps look so realistic?
Alexanders 21:01, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
Nope, I mean the one you made for the Atlantic Islands, looked like it was out of google maps..
The Americans propose a trade, its African colonies for Newfoundland and other landlocked Canadian territories landlocked by America. Imperium Guy 10:45, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
So you don't want all those colonies near South Africa for newfoundland? Imperium Guy 19:25, November 2, 2011 (UTC)Sorry to bother you with the map, but the proposed land deal of the CSA and the USA has happened (I think 1 or 2 years ago). BTW, do you fancy a chunk of the small stripe of land in grey below the Hind-Bharat's colony of Indochina? I managed to colonized the remaining part of Vietnam and a fair bit of land north to my previous holdings and the area is secure for you to be able to establish a colony as I can watch your back. :D Imperium Guy 20:19, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
Go on to 1867.5 and read the CSA's post. The agreed to all the deals proposed by the USA. :D Imperium Guy 20:58, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
LOLRL!! :D Imperium Guy 21:34, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
BTW, do you agree to the colony establishing proposal? :D Imperium Guy 21:36, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Atlantic islands & Morocco
I have to say, it's a shame I wasn't able to stick around and be part of the project. There did not seem to be room for my ideas in the group, sad to say, and the stuff I was suggesting didn't seem to fit with other people's ideas for the world. I looked over the discussion, and it basically was Mister Sheen rejecting my ideas. But that discussion took so long that I was discouraged from joining the game. But it looks like the game did not quite do what it was supposed to do; actual game posts look pretty sparse. And although it was a "map game," I don't see a single posted map! Is it safe to say that the Atlantic Islands is now a group TL rather than a game? Is it too late to go back and add Moroccan actions to the timeline? Benkarnell 07:08, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I guess I'll ask in a less convoluted way. Did the Atlantic Islands map game idea die off? It looks like it didn't get much gameplay. Can I still add ideas to the timeline? And on a related question, were the South Atlantic islands officially added, or no? Benkarnell 13:39, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
- OK, cool. I think I'll play around in the timeline a little, then. Oh, and I'm having trouble seeing whether the southern islands (the new map) was officially added, or not. Are they a part of the timeline? Benkarnell 21:18, November 5, 2011 (UTC) [EDIT] (Getting your attention again) Benkarnell 21:15, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the response. I suppose I'll just add my info at will. It's a shame, too, that was the one Map Game I was ever interested in joining. Benkarnell 19:13, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
Fractured America: algorithms
Hey. I like how this roleplay in Fractured America goes. And we should create an official algorithm. The wars are soon to be started. Doctor261 18:07, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
Actually, algorithms are quite funny and easy to use, if you KNOW how to use it. Doctor261 18:23, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
The Queen and the Tsar
Now, as you know, there is a bit of a ruckas going on in North America, between the US, Canada, and the CSA. I was thinking that, with my formidable Grand Alliance, I could step in and kick America's ass.
But I asked myself, then what? What would become of everyone then? No one wants to play a map game with just the Grand Alliance bullying everyone around, and I certainly don't want the GA splitting up and attacking me.
So I propose this; you give up Canada, and we let America expand throughout the continent, while India and I absorb Persia, and see what we can do about the Ottomans. Then, as time passes, America, Iberia, and maybe a few other nations grow to counterbalance the Grand Alliance,there will be a Great War, where these two multinational entities duke it out, and, if we win, redraw the map in our favor. If we lose, we get redrawn, and it certainly won't be pretty. Of course, if/when America and her allies are defeated, the world will be very different.
Depending on the timeline, we could just ride out the last few years, satisfied that we have 'won' a map game, maybe we can just start killing each other, dogpile on someone else, or just go our seperate ways.
Whatever happens, I think we should avoid war with America until they become a strong enough counterbalance, or until they attack on of us personally (Regardless of what you say, I do not consider Canada to be personal.)
However, if we let things get too out of hand, or someone switches sides, or the Great War is unwinnable by either side prompting Flame Wars and Ragequits, I suppose you will have me to blame for that, and I will take full responsibility.
So what have you got to lose, other than Canada?
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns with any of this, do not hesitate to drop me a line, most of this is in the really formative stages at the moment.
Jazon Naparleon 02:34, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
I will be holding a meeting of all Grand Alliance members in the near future, to discuss the situation in North America, which is where we will determine the fate of Canada and such. At the moment I have my hands full with the Persian invasion and events of that nature, but should things really start to deteriorate, I'm sure I could step in and at least prolong the war to the pont that a peace settlement could be made more in our favor than theirs.
Jazon Naparleon 00:09, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
The Strip of Indochina
This is my last offer, you should colonize the strip of land between Hind-Indochina and Japanese controled Malaya (?). Otherwise, I will colonize it. If you do, it could act as a counter-balance. :D Imperium Guy 17:43, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you!! :D I will not colonize that strip of land. Its all yours!! :D Imperium Guy 22:59, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
How is China colonizing a bunch of small islands which all together add up to be less than the size of Korea considered unrealistic, but the US making all of those huge African colonies in 1863, an amount of territory at least 7 times the size of the Chinese one, considered acceptable? And that was by the creator of the map game, so you can't say that that was against the rules, he made the rules. I see the misunderstanding with Yukon, but I am reverting back to the Pacific Island claim, as I spread it out over 2 turns, unlike a bunch of huge land grabs which have occured by other players across this game. It is a huge double standard to allow all of the ASB that has occured already, but when I do it, you immedietally attack it and shut it down. LurkerLordB 02:23, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
Oh, sorry. Oh dear, now by fixing the islands, I re-did the Iberian claims! I will fix it immediately. LurkerLordB 02:36, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
I fixed it, sorry again for the small rant above. LurkerLordB 02:39, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
What would my flag be, in FA? :D Imperium Guy 21:49, November 13, 2011 (UTC)
Cool, I have an idea on what my flag would be now. How do you create flags? :/ Imperium Guy 22:15, November 13, 2011 (UTC)
Well, I had tried to make flags but all my attempts failed miserbly!! :/ What is inkscape, a website or a program needed to be downloaded? Sounds Good!! :D Imperium Guy 22:51, November 13, 2011 (UTC)The flag is brilliant, however, I would like the flag to be based on the design of this British flag, with your flag taking the place of the Union Jack, and where the red background is, it would be in strips (horizontally) of the three colours of the Hind-Bharat flag you suggested, like the American flag. Hope you get me!! :/ Imperium Guy 11:05, November 14, 2011 (UTC) Forget every single thing I just wrote. Would you be able to fix this flag to make it look better, its not that good. Mind you, pretty damn chuffed at my first attempt of a flag (this is something like how I wanted the flag to look)!! Thank you for your advice on downloading Inkscape, it is amazing!! :'D Imperium Guy 12:22, November 14, 2011 (UTC)
I uploaded a newer version of the flag to make it easier to handle. I think 18 strips will be fine. :D Imperium Guy 21:33, November 14, 2011 (UTC)
No, nothing else, thank you very much. I would ask for some advice again however, if you don't mind. How could I get the, say seal of India, into the flag, as I would want to add the elephant thing on the British Indochina flag onto my flag for the state of Indochina (or should that be Hindchina?). :D Imperium Guy 22:26, November 14, 2011 (UTC)
BTW, I have legimately taken 2/3rds of Burma by now but no one showed it on the map. It was plausible and slow. Would you add it to the map please?? :D Imperium Guy 22:00, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
Homework, so annoying!! I manage to finish off most of my homework in school so I don't really do that much at home. Would you be in 9th Grade or 10th? :D Imperium Guy 22:13, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
Hello! I am glad you are on board the map game and I hope it'll be a good one. Before I start, I just want to notify you of some things. First off, you are a colony. Your mother nation can tell your colony what to do (within reason). They can punish you or reward you. Secondly, you and I are going to war in the French and Indian War if it ends up even happening. I'll keep the Treaty of Paris out of things if it does happen.
I'm going to extreme lengths to prevent this game from becoming implausible. Please note that moderators will have Delete on Sight permissions. This means they can delete anything they see implausible. Granted, I'll probably just cross it out so I don't confust people, but be warned that the mods reserve the right to remove problematic people from the game.
There will be algorithms factoring wars and revolutions. Keep in mind that, unless improperly done, an algorithm's result is final. Moderators will be keeping track of the algorithms. These algorithms are to keep the game plausible and fair.
The moderators are an impartial and fair group of players that have shown enough responsibility and plausibility to hold their positions. They will not be biased or unfair. That being said, please don't accuse them of being biased or unfair. Speaking of which, congratulations! You are accepted as a mod.
If I didn't scare you away from the map game with all this stuff, feel free to post on the map game. Good luck!
CrimsonAssassin 04:11, November 22, 2011 (UTC)
WE NEED A BETTER BASE MAP WITH THE SAME BORDERS BUT LESS DETAIL, THIS ONE AS TOO MUCH AND IS TOO BIG, WE NEEDA SMALLER ONE BUT ONE TAT CAN STILL BE USED FOR A BASE MAP.
Can you please help me out? Check the present map on the game, and if you can, copy the bordrs and put them on a less detailed more aproproate base map.
i realy apreciate it
DeanSims 01:19, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for replying. I put on a new base map but another one could be used. Whatever you can find works for me. And if you find a good map, put it on the map game please and on the Random Maps Page please.
thanks a bunch
DeanSims 21:06, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing the pictures in the archive, from personal experience, must have taken you ages!! :D Imperium Guy 22:03, November 25, 2011 (UTC)Would you be able to make the backgroung transparent for this?? :D Imperium Guy 23:40, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks!! :D See all these flags I'm importing, all the work of Inkscape. Thank you soooo very much!! :D Imperium Guy 00:20, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
i accepted your colony deal, can you show me a map of what it looks like now befiore the deal is finalizerd?
DeanSims 17:21, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
so what do i get out of it?
DeanSims 17:46, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
what territory do i gain from the deal, can you make a map of the land I gain?
DeanSims 17:51, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
I will give you aof Angola-Nambia for all of your Latin American Colonies as well as you Carribean. Central America, and Guyana colony, you get to keep military bases there as long as I get to keep a strip of the A-N to keep
DeanSims 17:54, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
here is my proposal map, you can keep the samll Carribean Islands, the Bahamas, and Bermuda but I get Jamaica, your Central America Colonies, your Guyana, Jamaica, and get to keep a small strip of Agola-Nambia.
DeanSims 18:03, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
could I have your Central America colonies instead? I would prefer to gain more territory n North America, its easier to defend.
DeanSims 18:20, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
i accept your deal and accept the portion of Guyana for my a portion of Angola-Nambia.
DeanSims 18:25, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
Hi ChrisL! Can you please adding to map of the game the annexations from Chile and Brazil in the last years? Regards! --Katholico 03:44, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
- No problem, Chile take aprox. the argentines provinces of Jujuy, Salta, Tucuman, Santiago del Estero, Chaco, Formosa, Cordova, San Luis, Neuquén and Rio Negro. I hope that this don't be a problem. jeje Brazil annex all Paraguay. Regards and thanks! :) --Katholico 04:26, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
- ChrisL, I'm reading the archives and maybe Brazil annex all Uruguay instead Paraguay :( Here he mentioned Paraguay, but by this time Brazil was fighting against Uruguay if we read the previous years. The last about the war between Brazil and Paraguay is in 1869. What thinks? Regards! --Katholico 05:04, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
Well, you've been here long enough now, so here I am to ask: Would you be interested in a Constable position in the TSPTF? Lordganon 09:30, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
Nomination's been made. You need to go over to the request for user rights page and accept it now. Lordganon 01:58, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
And yes, you need to explain why you want it. Put it in the same place.
Lordganon 03:30, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
Could I adopt the Green North if you put it up for adoption?? :S Imperium Guy 00:40, December 4, 2011 (UTC)Well, the TL seems brilliant. Ta!! :D Imperium Guy 00:51, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
Would this flag be good for Nazi Greenland? :D Imperium Guy 02:19, December 4, 2011 (UTC)Well, here's the flag. What do you think about the flag with the black background for a more facist nazi Greenland? :D Imperium Guy 18:54, December 8, 2011 (UTC)
Call me stupid if you want, but I only understood what you meant now!! :/ Here's the flags in which I used my brains in!! :D Imperium Guy 22:15, December 8, 2011 (UTC)
No. Not possible.
There's the strike on CFB Gagetown, centered on its headquarters near the town of Oromocto. Causes near-direct damage to the suburbs of Fredericton, and rest of it is eliminated in the process.
Plus, Aroostook territory runs most of the way from the old border to the ruins of the city.
Lordganon 07:42, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
Congratulations, you are now a Constable in the TSPTF. This allows you to showcase the TSPTF membership badge on your user page. Furthermore it gives you the rollback power on this wiki. In the History page of an article you will notice a new option called "rollback". This is an anti-vandalism tool. It allows you to quickly undo edits in case someone has made more than one edit to a page. By clicking rollback it will immediately revert the article to a time before the offending editor edited the page. This is your most important duty. By agreeing to be a constable, you are promising to do your best to patrol for vandals and trolls.
When you get the chance, please go to the TSPTF page, and sign up for some responsibilities. In reality, none of us have the time to devote to all of the duties that are expected of an administrator of the wiki. You are expected, however, to sign up for at least three responsibilities listed in that section. These are duties that you are agreeing to carry out to the best of your ability every time you are on this wiki. I'm hoping that by doing this the members of the TSPTF can efficiently share the work load of the wiki and gives us time for the real reason we are here. Since you are only a constable and do not have the power to delete or block, do not feel obligated to sign up for any duties you do not have the powers to do. Please inform and respect those in a position to do so if you see a problem that involves a needs for either of those things.
Again, congratulations on being elected to the TSPTF and good luck.
Lordganon 10:23, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry I didn't reply to you when you first asked about it (I get busy XD). I would love to see what you have in mind, so go for it. As for the flags... yes and no. You see, I want the two flags to be based on the French tricolor (since it would not be the flag of France for ttl). The Quebec national flag seems to fit Canada, while the independent Louisiana flag somewhat fits for Louisiana. But, there is absolutely no harm if letting me see what you have in mind. No promises, but you never know. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 03:57, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry for the delayed response (Christmas and all). First off (off the subject), I just read the intro to No Native America... and I am honored and amazed to see you have taken my "questioned summary"... thing (not trademarking it or anything, just find that heartwarming... especially since I had a shitty day and it just got worse with RWG and all).
- Secondly... uh? Yes, that is quite a misunderstanding. But when it comes to Borealia, I chose the name because I found it interesting. It is opposite of Australia, and it even matches perfectly to a proposed flag for OTL Canada (above, no joke... isn't that crazy??). But in the long run, I have been using Borealia for my other timeline, so yeah. Like I said before, no promises, but if you have another idea, I would love to hear it (if you don't mind). --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 02:36, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
Well, for starters, a French victory in that battle will not mean the Brits lose the war, even remotely, by any means. The battle held no effect other than the conquest of the colony. Heck, they will probably try again in the spring, and may well succeed.
Nor would they gain Rupert's Land.
Really, all it does is set the stage for another war, and a delayed - and different in nature - revolution in France. Should butterfly the American one away as well, I figure. If a revolution happens in France like this, expect an independent Quebec to emerge - but it'd be minus Louisiana.
A war in NA after that one, that the French would lose. Simple fact is that the French and their Indian Allies in NA were outnumbered in the area of 15:1 by the English and their Allies, at best. In reality, it's going to be 20:1, more likely than not.
South America really wouldn't change at all, though expect a much later date for things.
Lordganon 08:47, December 25, 2011 (UTC)
Pivotal Battles almost never mean the same thing to both sides. In this case, it is regarded that way in Quebec, but really can't be said to have been such anywhere else.
Louisiana and Quebec are very different places, with thousands of kilometers of wilderness between them.
No, Rupert's Land had ceased to be disputed decades before that war. Have a look at the 1713 Treaty of Utrecht As for fur, have a look into the practices of the Northwest Company for how they operated in New France.
Lordganon 02:33, December 26, 2011 (UTC)
If you want to have French India, then you would need to have Tipu Sultan playing a crucial part in fighting the British. He fought 4 wars against them and won every one with French help except the last one when he lost his life. Maybe have the French play a bigger part and he wins the 4th war aswell!! :D Imperium Guy 07:58, December 27, 2011 (UTC)
As I said before, there is no reason whatsoever for an American Revolution to have a chance of happening. The colonists will be far more willing to pay taxes if they have to have British troops present in order to defend against the French and their allies.
Even in the event that it does happen, there'd be no war of 1812.
I agree with pretty well everything Oer has said on that page.
Really, a French presence in NA will guarantee more wars. As in between the F&I War and the otl Revolutions. The only net result of all of these would be the French lose most of their claims. At most, they'd be likely to hold onto Louisiana and the heavily settled parts of Quebec.
As I said before, look at the populations - and what they don't show, which is that the English colonies have a population that is increasing much faster, as well as being larger in the first place - i.e. Quebec increased, at most, 6,000 people in five years, largely from children, while the Thirteen colonies increased by about 132,600 in the same time span, from children and immigration. That is twenty-two times larger of an amount.
Pure numbers mean that the Settlers in the British colonies will eventually consume all but the settled areas of the French colonies. And there is almost nothing that you can do to change that fact - literally so in the case of your PoD, as to increase the French colony's population would take a PoD in the early 1600s, changing everything.
Lordganon 04:45, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
....What you're describing is more or less what the French government did otl. It managed nothing. Frenchmen didn't want to go anywhere because they were happy and well-off enough where they were. The only possible way to change that would be allowing Protestant Frenchmen to go there - and that is a PoD in the early 1600s, and changes things globally. And, Frenchmen didn't want to go to the Caribbean, by and large, either.
The mere presence of the French means that the Americans will tolerate the troops and the extra taxes to pay for them. Ceasefires, Armistices.... all those happened otl before the Revolution, and managed nothing. So long as the French are on the continent, a Revolution is more or less not going to happen for decades.
Lordganon 06:12, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
Chris, as I said before, allowing French Protestants to go to the colony is not minor. That has massive global repercussions. Lordganon 23:37, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
Have a look at this. It's not everything, not even close, but it'll give you an idea.
Even if it's only the ones that went to the Thirteen colonies, you have problems. Big ones.
Past that, you're talking of things like Global commerce and banking being vastly different. Among others, of course.
Lordganon 00:04, December 31, 2011 (UTC)
Like I said before, they had absolutely no reason to immigrate there. The French were happy in France, simply put. And, the French Kings were not friends of the Jesuits, by and large.
You're best off going with just the one PoD. If it helps any, the French can probably keep hold of Louisiana north to otl St. Louis, and Quebec westwards to the Detroit region.
Lordganon 07:10, December 31, 2011 (UTC)
For the F&I War, that'd be a good treaty - so long as by Acadia you're referring to the islands in the Gulf as well. Note, however, that more wars are going to happen, which the Brits and their colonists are going to be winning, too. And that a French presence anywhere in the area pretty much means no revolution.
Note, however, that the Spanish did get Louisiana out of the peace otl. While all of it is unlikely here, the French are probably going to have to cede most of their claims in the area to them or let them lapse in some other form (as I said, likely to be pretty well anything north of St.Louis)
Lordganon 09:18, December 31, 2011 (UTC)
I like the new map, except for the part "disputed" between the British and French - like I said, it wasn't disputed.
So long as the French have a presence on the continent, the "Americans" will be willing to pay more taxes to support the troops guarding them. Note, however, that Napoleon wouldn't come to power, probably - expect a different military figure to do so. Bernadotte would be a good candidate (there was a reason why Napoleon agreed to his election in Sweden otl, lol)
Lordganon 15:11, January 1, 2012 (UTC)
No, I got you.
Otl, the colonists, largely held issue with more taxes because they saw there as being no reason for it. French gone, etc.
Atl, here, the French are still around. The colonists would have no problem with paying more taxes to try and get rid of them and to take their lands.
Napoleon came to power largely through a series of, quite frankly, flukes. Heck, with the changes to start this, I think that France probably wouldn't even be able to get Corsica - which means that Napoleon, given French laws, can't do any of what he did otl. If he comes to power anywhere, it would be in some Italian form.
France would realistically turn into a state, if it has not already lost by that time, much like Napoleon turned it into. Though, probably not so liberal. Another general, like I said, likely Bernadotte or Moreau, would replace him.
Lordganon 08:13, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
Happy New Year!! I'll help, sure. :D Imperium Guy 08:28, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
As stated before, American independence as occurred otl is almost impossible.
Perry would be a no, for more or less the same reason as you say.
Alaska and BNC wouldn't be independent until the late 1800s, at best.
The Russians, as I said to Nuke for his Russian America timeline, would be the ones to make contact, almost for sure.
Lordganon 09:24, January 5, 2012 (UTC)
Just to add my own two cents. The French Revolution was spurred by the success of the American Revolution. No American Revolution means either a much later French Revolution, or a much lesser one, possibly resulting in a stable Constitutional Monarchy. Meaning even if France controls Corsica, the environment that led to Napoleon's rise wouldn't be there, so either he would have remained in Corsica and remained devoted to Corsican nationalism, or possibly joined the Genoan military.Oerwinde 11:04, January 5, 2012 (UTC)
I have been thinking about the Fractured America Map Game, and I just came up with quite a plan; What if you stopped expanding your colonies? I know it sounds crazy, but look; Iberia and the Netherlands have been expanding their colonies nonstop, which is bad news for them militarily. In a decade or two, I am going to launch an attack on Iberia and the Dutch (probably not at the same time) to conquer their territories in Europe. If I have to, I'll call in China and Hind and give them some colonies in return, but I wouldn't mind if you amped up your military for a few turns rather than expand to make sure we win. I don't really want any colonies in Africa; you can have everything Hind and China don't, which is probably going to be a fair amount.
I understand that the US is a big threat, but it and Iberia were allies with Austria, but they didn't lift a finger when I partitioned it. Even if they do butt in, I know we can take them, and maybe, just maybe, we can get you back some territories in Oceania and Northern N. America, if you want them back, that is.
And of course if you want nothing to do with this map game and simply want to pursue greener pastures, well, I'm sure I can it done one way or another.
I await your response,
Jazon Naparleon 18:36, December 27, 2011 (UTC)
Hi Chris, how are you? I have seen that you make ortographic and other maps, which looks very nice, and for this, i want to ask you if you can help me with maps for a few timelines own, please? Just, if you can, of course. Regards! --Katholico 19:57, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
I'm fine, thanks for your disposition :) Well, in fact, i want both types of maps jeje But for the moment, i want just a colour map for this South America map. Probably later bring more maps, because first i need resolve some pounts in my timelines. jeje Regards and thanks! --Katholico 21:27, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Also make a ortographic version for that map, please? ^^U Regards! --Katholico 20:41, December 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Again thanks very much for your disposition to help me :D For the nation names, let me know when you need them, and ask me for any doubt about the territories.
- By the way, if you need any help for other thing which i can be useful, just let me kwon. Regards! --Katholico 05:58, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, for the moment, the mostly of central america nations are independent, except for 1) Panama which belong to Colombia, 2) and Belize and part of the northern Guatemala, which are annexed by Mexico.
- For North America, the situation is a little complicated jeje Originally this would be the map, but with the experience that i gained in the wikia, i have had to change many things.
- I can say to you some things:
- CSA won the civil war and become independents, but i try to decide if continues until today or are rejoin with US during the 30's or 40's.
- Mexico expand to the Canadian border like the map (and with California).
- Chile has two enclaves in California (Los Angeles and San Francisco).
- Alaska become independent and annexed the Yukon Territory and the former Stickeen Territories.
- Canada is the same (obviously, except for the territories annexed by Alaska).
- I hope this help to you :) Any other doubt or the names just let me know.
- You're welcome. Just can i say that really i liked that map. :) Regards!!! --Katholico 19:31, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok! The nations are (from north to south)
- Gran Guayana (the 3 Guyanas from OTL)
- Confederación Argentina (the northern Argentina)
- Río de la Plata (the country that include Buenos Aires and Uruguay)
- However, i forgot completely tell to you the situation of the Falklands/Malvinas. D:
- The western island belongs to Rio de la Plata; and the Wastern island to the Confederación Argentna. I'm sorry about this. I hope can you add this. Anyway, thanks very much!! Regards! PS: About South America, i will answer to you in ones minutes because I'm a little busy in this moment. --Katholico 00:50, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks very much, well, the file name should be Mapa Político de Sudamérica (PP) and with this I think will be fine. Regards! BTW: Here an new map of North America from my TL with some changes, just for that you see. --Katholico 03:45, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Once again, thanks ver much for the map!! Looks great. About the Falkland, i know what is the situation now:
- The Western island belongs to Rio de la Plata; and the Eastern island to the Confederación Argentina.
- About the colours: Can you put Chile in red, and Rio de la Plata in blue?
- I think just that. Again thanks! :D --Katholico 04:19, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
- The map is perfect! :D Really thanks very much!!!! --Katholico 02:41, January 13, 2012 (UTC)
I want to invite you to join my map game. There are plenty of nations left and the gaem has already begun
hope youll join,
DeanSims 23:27, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
In Your Professional Opinion. . .
Hey Chris, I've been making the algo's for a few wars in Fractured America lately, and I was wondering, in your mod-tastic opinion whether or not the US and Japan should have their own Algo's or should one be the ally of the other, in this current war for Australia, here .
Jazon Naparleon 22:58, December 31, 2011 (UTC)
A new flag
A flag of Mexico for Moltcalm Survives which might be created because of the influence of other North American nations maybe? Its an alternate history so I thought the flag would work with your Mexico. What do you think? :D Imperium Guy 15:31, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
There are 35 stars for the 35 federal districs. :D Imperium Guy 15:33, January 3, 2012 (UTC)Well, here it is. I was going to use the png to svg converter website but my tokens ran out. Here it is:
What do you think of it now. BTW, are there any other websites for converting pics? :D Imperium Guy 18:57, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
South America Question
I put here my answer. First, yes, i have :P Second, well, if i understand well what you try to say, the answer is that by the time of revolutions, there is two main divisions in the spanish colonies: Viceroyalties (for greater territories like New Granada) and General Captaincies (for minors like Chile); traditionally, those territories are the bases from the actual republics in the continent, in fact, after the independence, for establish the borders, the countries use the principle known as Uti possidetis, which mean that each nation remains the limits which had when was an colony. However, you must consider some countries as Bolivia (kwon as Charcas) or Ecuador, which was part from the Viceroyalties as an subdivision, but due to the distances with the center of power (Lima and Bogota) and other factors, by the time of the revolution, they already had developed a national own identity, which eventually lead to his own independence in OTL, several years after that the spanish were defeated. I hope this help. If need that i explain betterm just tell me. Regards! --Katholico 03:26, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
Montcalm Survives changes
That would have no real impact. It would harm all powers involved, more or less equally. As has been said many times, the Brits and their allies outnumber the French in all theaters of the war, outside of Europe. The only reason why the French lasted as long as they did otl is because of aid from France arriving. With screwy weather - which has a heck of a lot more implications to everyone than you think - the war outside of Europe would be won by the Brits faster.
The vast majority of those republics were annexed by the French directly long before Napoleon.
Lordganon 10:16, January 14, 2012 (UTC)
If you've left this map game, can I take control of the UK? Just say something like the UK offer the Netherlands an act of Union, and the Netherlands and Britain then merge into one nation VonGlusenburg (talk to Von!) 17:27, January 14, 2012 (UTC).
FWBW ASB tag
Basically solves none of the problems I originally had with it. And, it's like one power is effected but no one else is. That's ignoring, or course, the large implications such an event would have overall on everyone. And that by definition, such an event randomly happening is ASB anyways. Lordganon 07:41, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Chris asked me to give a second opinion. The ASB tag should only be applied when dealing with paranormal events, like magic, aliens, immortality, etc. When these items do not exist, it should be left up the author(s) on whether or not to use the category, regardless if other readers feel it is implausible. Since whether something is implausible is subjective it is better to not unilatteraly use the category tag like that. If this dispute can still not be settled, however, it should be brought in front of the TSPTF for a decision. Mitro 15:36, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Chris, thanks for your interest in the timeline but although I haven't been posting updates in a while, I have been a doing a bit of research and just need to type up my notes.
That being said, if you have any suggestions or want to contribute in any ways, feel free to do so.
I know it been ages...
But I need your help on a portal template. Do you remember when you gave me the outline of a portal for HR? Well, I've made it into template and I need your help on setting its colours. In simple language, how do you change the background colour on the main headings without knowing what code stands for what colour? :/ Imperium Guy 22:08, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
You've made it as clear as it gets, thanks a lot!! :D Imperium Guy 10:40, February 8, 2012 (UTC)I changed it, you might want to look at it, lol. Thanks a lot again for telling me how to change the colour in a portal! BTW, another thing I need help in is how to make the background transparent for this CoA, even if I have to change it into an .svg file. :D Imperium Guy 23:29, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
The basic CoA is the one for OTL Denmark. That's where I got the hearts from as well. The Bear is from the OTL Greenlandish CoA. Thats it really. :D Imperium Guy 11:01, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
The crown was from the Denmark CoA as well. It was on top of the tiger which I added onto the head of the bear. :D Imperium Guy 13:25, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you again. :D Imperium Guy 20:25, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
A map question
Hello, I was wondering if you could make a map of the nations in year 1350 please and if possible can it be in png format as well? Thanks.. -Kogasa 18:24, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
Vive le Revolution!
You see, as I have explained on the game's main page, the peninsula was a nominal territory of the Empire. However, the Southeast corner was not Ottoman, which is why the Ottomans were able to tae over everything outside of the southeast corner in the game. Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 23:24, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
Adopting an anon's timeline
Way I figure it, all you have to do is ask on the timeline's talk page. Lordganon 05:18, March 2, 2012 (UTC)
I think what you're saying (Upper and Lower Canada and Rubert's Land) is probably what you mean. By the way, do you want me to give you the whole TL (although unfinished) to see what it looks like? RandomWriterGuy 18:54, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
Sure, here it is:
- 1808: (POD) Joseph of France and Isabella of Spain marry each other. This causes the kingdom of Spain to be incorperated into France; Portuguese War, Napoleon defeats Portugal in the Battle of Portugal (the war's only battle), forcing Portugal to surrender and sign the Treaty of Lisbon, which forces Portugal to give up its colonial empire in all places except Angola and Mocambique and to be split into
- 1809: War of the Fifth Coalition, Napoleon triumphs over Britain and Austria (and numerous other nations) which forces them to sign the Treaty of Schonbrunn which has the same terms like OTL and no other differences; Prussia declares war on France causing the Prussian War, which leads to Prussian defeat and the Treaty of Berlin, which forces Prussia to give Berlin to the Rhine Confederation, end all hostilities with France, and pay 50 million Francs; (POD)
- 1810: Napoleon offers King George III of Britain a total cease fire in the London Accords, as he feels that he has conquered enough, and Britain would be too hard to defeat or invade due to naval superiority; Napoleon begins rebuilding at home, he establishes the Imperial Act that begin economic growth in the French Empire and its puppets
- 1811: Due to protests in French Latin America, Napoleon signs the Havanna Agreement with French Latin American colonies, which allow the colonies to have semi-autonomous rule and certain other rights; the Havanna Plan is enacted by Napoleon, which allows economic development in French America
- 1817: French control in most of the American continents spurs Alexander to encourage settlement in the colony of Alaska in the Alaskan Act; France incoperates its Italian lands into the French puppet of Italy, made out of the puppets of Italy, Naples, and the Italian lands from Switzerland, Austria, and to a smaller degree, France; the French Railway, a railway system connecting the mainland French Empire and its puppets, begins construction
- British and French ships will be free to travel through any water regardless of which either country controls them
- Russia will end its claims to the Dardenelles Strait
- Russia will recognize Japanese control of Mongolia
- The Wright borthers invent the first plane after their test at Kitty Hawk; Outer Mongolia is now under the control of Russia, with China having control of Inner Mongolia; Finland is recaptured by the russians from the Scandinavians;a
- The right to be protected from unfair competition and monopolies
- The right to have adequate working conditions
- The end of child labor
- The right to have a 8-hour minimun workday
- Persia is forced to recognize russian rule of Kurdistan
- Russian Syria and Arabia are handed over to Greece
- Britian must pay 150 million Irish punds to Ireland
- Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, and Brest will be handed to Ireland
- Tibetanese independence will be recognized
- Russia will respect Poland's independence
- Hungary and France will recognize Russia's control of former Slavic areas of Hungary
- Burma and Sarawak will be handed over to France
- Sri Lanka and all British-owned islands in the Indian Ocean will be given to Greece
- Russia and China have to pay 100 million yens each to Japan
- Mocambique will be given to Greece
- Portugal is officially part of the French Empire
- The Russian Baltic regions of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are officially Scandinavian
- Britain will be renamed England by the time the reaty is signed
- England's remaining overseas possessions will go to the following nations: the United States (English northern Atlantic possessions), Scandinavia (Australia and New Zealand), and Greece (English South Africa)
- England will be divided into three parts; Northern England (under Celtic-American influence), Central England (Russian-Scandinavian influence), and Southern England (French influence)
- Germany and Italy will no longer be client states but rather part of France
- Japan will be under American and Russian occupation to rebuild the country and eliminate Mosleism
- Bhutan and Nepal are now independent nations
- Yugoslavia will be divided into Greek and Russian occupation zones
- Micronesia will be given to the United States
- London will be divided by American, Russian, French, Scandinavian, Greek, Indian, Hispaniolan, and Brazilian zones
- Burma is now a possession of France
- England will no longer be a united nation even after the reconstruction
- Ireland will be able to keep its lost possessions
- A new, worldwide organization, called the International League, will be formed
- 1955: Both sides of the Carribean War agree to a truce, agreeing to return to pre-war borders; due to French control of the Carribean, the Miami Canal begins constructing as a safe way for ships to get through without sailing in French waters; after Rosa Parks refuses to give up her seat to a white man, she is arrested, yet the city's blacks (Montgomery), led by Martin Luther King Jr., begin protesting by boycotting bus rides; ICBMs are invented by the Russians, who turn them into weapons by attaching nculear devices on it; Turks in Ankara, Russian Anatolia harass Russians in Russian communities, leading to riots between the Turks, the police, and the Russians; the Suez Canal is closed to Russian and American ships as a response to the closure of the Panama and Nicagura Canals to French ships, with all oil exports from French-controlled oil-rpoducing areas being diverted from American and Russia, forcing them to turn to renewable energy sources and other oil reservations</span>
- 1956: In Dubai, a Russian ship is put under arrest by the French Royal Navy, forcing Russia to guard the Persian Gulf to compete with French influence there, while it sends a squad of troops to rescue the ship, which succeeds; in Constantinople, a Russian suicide bomber damages governmental buildings; the construction of the new capital city of the Mughal Empire, New Delhi, begins, with its buildings filled with a mix of traditional and modern architectures; occupation of England ends, with Northern and Central England forming the newly independent state with Oxford as the capital; Arab tribes in Russian, Greek, and French Arabia rebel against religious discrimination and also for independence, forcing troops from all three colonies to be stationed in the region; the Montgomery Buss Boycott ends when the city government agreed to end the segregation of busses after seeing revenues drop</span>
- 1957:In Mecca and Medinia, Muslim crowds occupy the former areas of the destroyed mosques, demanding religious freedom and the rebuilding of their lost mosques, yet the Greeks refuse and fire on the crowd; high Muslim persecution in the birthplace of Islam forces Muslims to escape to countries such as the American countries, the Mughal Empire, and England; the border disputes in England escalate, as England sdemands Southern England from the French; the French send the first satelite into space, named the Louis, causing the Russians and the Americans to develop their own space programs to catch up with the French; a school in Little Rock, Arkansas, is forcibly desegregated, yet due to a white mob, troops are deployed there to protect the black students, causing the desegregation of all schools in Arkansas
- 1958: A church in Baghdad is blown up by a Muslim separatist group; Pope Pius XII visits Mecca, making it the first Christian ever set foot in the city, who calls for a church to be built upon the former mosque site; the Russian Republican Kingdom (now Russia's official name) establishes a series of "soviet republics", which are based on ethnicity, who have certain semi-autonomous powers (having control over their own domestic affairs, economy, presidents, and militias), yet Moscow has the power to unite them under one economy, one military, single legislature, currecy, foreign affaris, and one leader, which is established in all areas except Poland, Hungary, and the Russian Middle East; Louis XII visits Marsellies, who plans to make it the capital of the French space industry
- 1959: The St. Lawrence Seaway is finished building; Kurds demand autonomy from Russia, which is reluctantly accepted frm the government, making it the first "soviet republic" in the Middle East; the building of the churches in Medina and Mecca at the former mosque sites are strongly opposed by Muslim rioters, who clash with Christians and police in the cities, yet the construction sites continue their work unhindered; the Third Temple of Jerusalem begins constructing, based on the plan of the original second one; a Mosleist crowd in Birmingham is crushed by the English military, who does not want it to turn to another revolution as before; the London Wall begins construction by Louis XII, makingin sure no Londoners in French London escape to the other sections; New Delhi is finished construction, allowing the goverment and people to move into the new buildings
- 1960: Tibetan terrorists bomb a part of northern Mount Everest, causing a massive avalanche that destroys hundreds of villages and hundreds of people, reducing the mountain's height to 28,607 feet; the Aswan High Dam begins construction in Egypt; the so-called "sit-in" protests begin in the Southern United States as part of the Civil Rights Movement; the Muslim separation movement in the Middle East is greatly supressed by the Greek, French, and Russian troops; Australians attack a Swedish community in Melborune, sparking riots between the Swedish and Australian groups as well as the police; President MacArthur makes a historic meeting with Civil Rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., who promises to make sure that blacks can achieve civil rights
- 1961: Atfer French missles have been deployed into the Carribean islands, the Untied States and Gran Hispaniola respond by threatening war in what is known as the Carribean Missle Crisis which nearly causes a nuclear war, yet it is put down when both sides begin negotiations; the discovery of oil reserves in Venezula (covers OTL Venezula, a region of Gran Hispaniola) causes the government to build a series of oil pipelines to transport oil to the United States and other coutnries; the United States receives large Muslim immigrant populations due to religious persecuted in European-controlled Middle East, causing conflicts with whites in the country; a Russian woman in the Soviet Republic of Tajikistan is raped by Muslims in the Dushanbe Incident (Section 3)
- 1962: Russian enacts the Saudi City Buidling Act, which causes the building of new settlements in Saudi Arabia, with water coming in from underground strongly protected water pipes that allow water to eb stored and used in water-saving ways; Russia launches the Peter, a satelitte, while America launches the George, also a satelitte, making them the next nations to put a satelitte to space; the churches in Mecca and Medina are finished, yet many Muslims greatly protest this, yet Greek soldiers shoot the crowd, causing many dead; America's NSA (National Space Agency), France's NAO (National Astronemy Organization) and Russia's NSU (National Space Union) are established; while visiting Nepal, Kim Jong is injured by a Tibetan separatists gun man
If you think that there should be some changes, tell me. RandomWriterGuy 05:38, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
What was Rossland's eythomology? :/ Imperium Guy 22:22, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
Ah, thanks. The Scots are amazin!! :D Imperium Guy 23:07, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
Shorter Spanish Civil War
Well, fact of the matter is, that there's really no way that it could be "shorter" and still work in the favor of the Nationalists. Except for their troops in North Africa, they were actually weaker than the Republicans. There's really no way for them to take power quickly. Heck, without the Germans/Italians, and especially their movement of Franco's NA troops to Spain, the Republicans would have come out on top.
Spain was/is at the time a backwater. Not really anything you can do to change that. In your context, they'd have rebels, and attempts at coups, etc. for years. It was bad enough in that manner otl - here, it would be far worse.
Really, the Spanish military actually got a boost from equipment it received during the war. And without that war, that stuff goes out the window.
Spain would be a net drain on resources for the Axis, and of little use, at best. Not that it would last long enough to matter, anyways - a corps or two of French troops would have been more than enough to end Franco. From there, all it does is add ground in which the Allies can retreat to.
Lordganon 01:00, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
As another note: Think of Spain at that time as being similar to Russia at the start of WWI in many ways, but without the massive population to counter the problem somewhat. Lordganon 01:01, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Central Victory return
The logic is revanchism (I may have misspelled that). Similar to the ideas that developed in France after their defeat in the Franco-Prussian War. Even though Britain is a tollerant nation even in the timeline it becomes so that they have no choice. The Soviet are rising in defiance of the German domination of Europe, even though they do not want war as they did in OTL, they agree to an alliance with the USSR with hopes of reclaiming lost glory and as long as the Soviets (lieing ofcourse) allowed lands they occupy to freely self determinate. France is the same way, granted it is being rewritten so don't read into them to much. However France is more than willing to settle the score with Germany. Originally I concluded that France would be swept by socialist revolution in the 1920's and become a socialist state. Now after reading into it more I've determined that France would more than likely develope a socialist lead government rather than be swept by revolution. But this could change as well, understand that when I first wrote this timeline, I started from World War II and worked around that. Once the POD, World War I, was finished I noticed things were starting to not add up or match. This plus new information I learn all the time has lead to a massive rewrite of the timeline.
So bare with me and I hope you enjoy this timeline. Anything you think could improve this timeline would be greatly appreciated as well as welcomed. Thanks for your time.Central Victory Creator 01:03, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
British Columbia without Confederation
Well, there's a number of factors involved, here.
First, is the west opened for settlement long before otl? (first real people outside of fur traders started in early 1800s, first real non-native settlements west of Winnipeg start up around 1870)
Does the west coast get settled like otl? (settlers move in after gold by the 1850s)
What year does the HBC lands go to the colonial government?
When does the Quebec revolt happen?
What are railways, globally, like here compared to otl? Further along, more limited, etc.
Also, as a note - the Quebecois would not name their state Canada, but Quebec. And Ontario would, more likely than not, not have "Dominion" in its actual name. Only Newfoundland actually did - despite the misconceptions about Canada and New Zealand, it has never been part of their actual names, merely a title, and the other dominions never had it in any similar contexts - and that ceased upon annexation. Far more likely, without Quebec, it would be called a "Kingdom."
Lordganon 07:07, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
With no war in Europe like otl, there'd be no War of 1812. Almost all of the grievances that caused it stemmed from the former.
1840s likely works out.
NC would, in that context, join the Ontario state eventually. Bet on them getting far more than in otl for joining, though, as the only really good ports would be under their control.
Expect the joining sometime in the 1860s - and contingent upon a railway from the port at Churchill/Southern Ontario to the west coast being built, sort of like was a requirement otl. However, the rails would go a bit more northern route here, for obvious reasons. Bet on other conditions, and I wouldn't be shocked if a new capital has to be built somewhere on the plains as one of them.
Main line something like Churchill-Cold Lake-Edmonton-Yellowhead Pass-Kamloops-Bellingham, the Ontario line going off the main one somewhere in otl Saskatchewan, heading to Winnipeg and then following the otl route east from there.
Yeah, is a very common error taught in schools. Except in the one case, it was merely a title - kind of like the USA is a republic, but that's not in its name. And it was only used as a title instead of "Kingdom" because of worries about the US, lol.
Yeah, probably Acadia would have "Kingdom" too, though "Dominion" might actually get used there, lol.
Lordganon 22:55, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
Basically, unless one of the three powers - read, Austria or Prussia - can dominate the other two, it wouldn't get unified. Most would be steadfastly opposed to unification, really.
Think about otl - the Prussians only got the others to do it in a "victory orgy" after they beat both Austria and France.
I'd expect it to congeal around several larger states over time - but separate from the those three.
Very little annexation would be probable - any attempts would more than likely get other powers involved. Balance of Power, etc.
As for the HRE, I'd expect that it would indeed stay until a war such as that. Given the situation, however.... I believe the smaller states would go into some sort of confederation, alliance, etc.
Lordganon 23:12, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the reminder. I'll make my copyediting more concise (if you can call it that). SpanishSpy 01:42, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
the UOSR would like to switch sides and join the Central Powers, Oil would begin to flwo to the CP's as well as troops. The UOSR also wants land, but first things first. UOSR troops can invade Russia to.
DeanSims 23:23, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
HIS IS NOT SPAM, IT IS ONLY GOING TO 3 PEOPLPE!!!
Fractured Europe (Map Game)
I created a map game called Fractured Europe and am in need of mods and/or players. Would you like to join?
CommanderOfTheFourthReich 00:51, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
No Napoleon's Elba
I see your working on the TL. Since its main page has been deleted, can you remake it? RandomWriterGuy 22:48, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I was just wondering about the deletion nomination. In my timeline and my Page for Apocalypta, it states the fact that its point of divergence is in the year 1919 AD. And althistory is allowed to be in the future. Could you please remove the nomination, because I don't understand whats wrong with the dating.Ravensquire 01:05, May 9, 2012 (UTC) 13:03 NZT Wednesday, 9 May, 2012
South America in No Napoleon
Hi Chris! Thanks, I'm fine and you? :)
Sure, I'm glad to help you for your TL.
Well, let's begin. Efectivelly, without Napoleon invasion and capture of the King Ferdinand, the independentist process would be delayed at least one or two decades. Inevitably, the claims for rights and autonomy from the hispanic-american will lead to the war against Spain, but probably this fight late more than OTL.
Second. About your question of why South america can't unite in one country, well, i must say that is a question that even today many people here make. Historially, there had been many attempts for to unite countries, but all failed. The reasons were many (economic rivalry between regions, political interests, territorial problems), but in general, many historians cite one fact for explain it. By 1800s, in each "province" (modern country) already had developed one National Identity, which make them different and autonomous in relation to the rest. If you see, for example, Gran Colombia, despite be one great country with a similar culture, eventually, Venezuela, Ecuador and Panama split. Many of them believed that could and should be autonomous from Colombian control. They fight, of course, because many other still believes in the unity, but at end, the diplomatic attempts failed and that countries gained his independence. And if we think in all the continent, we can easily that the idea of continental unity, despite be supported by the great heroes like Simón Bolivar, simply didn't have enough support from all people. That is why today South American has several countries and probably in a TL, only proyects like Gran Colombia or Central America could exist. I hope this help Chris. Tell me if still you have doubts. Regards! --Katholico 03:06, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I understand. No problem Chris. :)
- Well, that is a excellent question! Given the ATL scenario, i think that is possible that some countries like New Granada, still exist. Just depends of how the independence wars develop and how the new governments are established. Postponing more of 10 years the independece process could change some things (Actually, i used this fact for change the history of some people in FTBW). Also, you can consider that the changes could lead to create other states in the continent. What you think? I hope this serve you, If need more help just tell me. Regards! --Katholico 22:34, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- By the way, in the map game Triple Entente vs. Central Powers, Argentina annexed Uruguay, Paraguay and part of Bolivia; and Chile the half of Peru. --Katholico 01:14, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi again.
- Well, the idea is interesting, but if the Independence Era begin in 1837, then the independence of the South America would begin during the 1840s, more of 30 years after that in OTL, right? In that case, several of the independence leaders would be dead by that time (including Simon Bolivar, who died in 1830), or at least, they would be very old or in his last years. However, i think that 30 years is too much; Spain only would keep the control of the continent during 10 or 20 years more (but the 20 years only with a lot of luck), as I said before -the independence of SA is inevitable-. So, i think that probably the independence process in South America would begin years before to 1837 Quebec independence.
- You can repeat the second question about US and Panama please? XD I don't understand what you mean when you talked about Spanish-American War and later about Panama. I got confused :S Sorry. --Katholico 02:48, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- I see.. AHHHHHHH Now understand much better XD
- Well, a early American-Spanish War due to the US help to the Latin American independence seems to me very possible here (the US purchase Florida to Spain was in 1821, right?) and with a US victory, the annexion of Cuba and other islands also make sense.
- About Panama. I'm not sure if the US see this territory as strategic by that date. The US help for the independence of Panama was principally by the idea of built the Channel, but that idea only was planned during second half of XIX Century. If not, probably the US would not want a "simply" territory, which besides would be claimed by Gran Colombia. I hope this help you :) Regards! --Katholico 04:04, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Chris, there's little player activity on this map game and i was wondering if you'd like to join. Its not too late, you'll start with all the technology your chosen nation has at the turn you begin on.Thanks! ---AP
No Napoleon Nations
Seen some good progress so far on you maps for the No Napoleon Nations. Is there going to be more later on? and which?
P.S. Can you make a map for me for my TL TBYA? I'll explain the detaisl once were at it.
RandomWriterGuy 05:10, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
Mexico Influance. TE vs CP
Looks good. But what revolts? If you mean Mayan then I set you the Rep. of Yucatan sepecificly to put them down!
If their are others then please tell me! David Rain (Sometimes...)
Anyway, I hope you don't mind me bringing this up, but I see you added Gran Colombia to your timeline. Quite interesting. However, I must inform you that "Gran Colombia" is a modern day term that was never used for the country at the time of its existence. It was simply referred to as "Colombia" (officially the Republic of Colombia). When it collapsed, the successor state of New Granada would later reuse the name. "Gran Colombia" is used to refer to the first incarnation, and not to confuse it with the modern day nation of Colombia.
- Glad to hear that you have been doing okay. I have been okay... just life. I do have to say that I was pretty impressed with your Acadia map, and I did think it looked like mine (primarily because you used the same border for Maine-Canada-New Brunswick as on my map. Also (not kidding), I find it rather too coincidental that I began working out how my timeline Canada would be divided, and you posted your own map of Canada a few days later. Are you stalking me?? (LOLZ)
- Anyway, glad I could help out. I too am not into South American history, and I know where you are coming from. Learn about Canada in Canada... sounds reasonable. My elementary school teachers taught us about how India and Pakistan were going to nuke themselves out of existence (no joke). XD --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 02:29, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
Liberia & Germany
Would Germany like to assist Liberia in expanding into French West Africa? I could really use the help. I would leave the request on the map game page, but I felt it wiser to ask here, then put the request there. --"Truth fears no questions..." 21:49, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
Dean has recently started acting up again in the game, and quite frankly, it is really pissing me off. He even resorted to cussing a few of us out multiple times. What do you think we should do about it? I'm asking you because you're the acting head mod with me, till MP comes back.
Hey Chris, you are invited to play my map game VLR. We need more players to get things going better. Russia is open and maybe France soon. There are other nations and feel free to add others too if you want!AP
OK, here are the directions. The map is set in 1810. At least all countries at this time should be shown. Here is what should appear on the map: All Dutch colonies are now French (South Africa is British BTW). That is it.
Thanks. Sadly, I am afriad I forgot few things: the POD of the story is that Napoleon establishes a marriage between Joseph Bonaparte and the Spanish princess, allowing the Spanish and French thrones to be united. Can you put that on the map as well? Also, the Ducth Guyana is supposed to be French. Portugal is divided into two states: Altenejo (named after the province) and a rump Portugal. Two provinces, Algarve and Norte, were given to France, All of its possessions except Angola and Mocambique (owned by the rump Portugal) are given to France.
Actually, here is the next map: it is set in 1820. Here's what should include: Florida is now American, all Spain's Latin American possessions (Mexico, argentina, Peru, Colombia) are now independent, Quebec is independent, British Canada, Bahamas, and Jamaica are now America, all British Carribean territories are now French, Morrocco, Tunisia, and Algeria are French, British West African territories are now French, Italy is established compensating all ethnically Italian lands as well as Germany (which means Switzerland exists no longer, the French part goes to France), America has the Oregon County bellow the 49th Parallel, and Russia has the are above the parallel, French colonies are in Mauritania, Guinea, the Ivory Coast, and most of the Senegal river region, and Liberia is American-owned. RandomWriterGuy (talk) 04:19, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Pretty much.
- No. It is an enemy.
- Oh. That actually is my mistake.
Few errors though good job. First, Bolivia and Paraguay stay with Argentina. Second Chile sticks with Peru. Third, America now has the Guyana region, Belize, andthe Mosquito Coast. Fourth, Cuba, Haiti, Puetro Rico, and Santo Dominigo are French? Fifth, Brazil stays French. Sixth, Quebec needs to be bigger. Maybe the size of the OTL province. Seventh, Sardinia and Sicily are not part of the united Italy. Eighth, Prussia does not have the region of Brandenburg. And finally, the French African colonies need onto be bigger. For an example of what I am trying to explain, look at the French Tradalgar, British Waterloo map of 1829. Should give you a clue. --RandomWriterGuy (talk) 17:59, July 15, 2012 (UTC)
About the colonies, good point.
Oh, and I forgot to tell you that Sardinia and Sicily are separate nations btw. Can you add them to the map please? Oh and good job btw.
Hello. I thought I be given you some info of my TL so far.
I am starting to reconsider about Brazil. I think there are just too many people loyal to Portugal to ever accept French rule. Also, I think after the 1st POD, the War of the Fifth Coalition won't just be like OTL. I think that due to the union the Fifth Coalition would try to rip it apart. So the outcome of the war will be different as well.
And for the Americas, I seen your page of the War of Spanish American War and that would give me inspiration for what I am about to do next.
Thanks for your thoughts. Here are the answers:
- Well, after all, Britain did lose the War of 1812. The annexation of all of Canada was somewhat a inspired from Napoleon's World. But Rupert's Land? I am thinking about that.
- It is a gift to America, but I am reconsidering that French Guyana should stay French.
- I thought it be plausible for Britain to keep India.
Thanks for making that flag Chris, it looks good. I actually made one myself but i can't upload it because for some reason i can't upload pictures anymore on the site. Anyways it looked like this: A full Union jack with a coat of arms of veracruz on a white background in the center to look "connected" with the white lines already on the flag. Its a shame i cant get it up, but thanks for making the flag! It made everything easier.AP (talk) 17:12, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
United Kingdom in NN
Been very busy - sister in law has been in town with the nephews for the last week, moving our storage unit across town, and prepping for a friend of ours to stay with us for a while. Really, really busy, lol.
Irish independence wouldn't be something that they were happy about, but they'd stomach it.
The Brits would not lose the monarchy unless someone forced them into it - and I guarantee that concept wouldn't stick. The only thing that would happen, at most, is that whatever party led them into it would be discredited, kind of like the Liberal Party was post-WW1 otl.
US States Map
Mexican Power and Influance
I have no revolts so far as I can tell. Please tell me if I do so I can deal with them or update my influance.
Americas Map (NN)
Hi Chris, how are you? I saw this map of NN and i noticed that some of red points are located in the "ocean" and not on the "land" XD (For example there is one near to Chile). This is right or is a little mistake? Regards! --Katholico (talk) 04:30, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi again ChrisL XD I would like to ask if you can make orthographic maps for south american nations in my TL in spanish wikia, Chile No Socialista, please? Regards! --Katholico (talk) 20:56, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Jeje Nop, is another TL XD Focused in Chile and South America during the 1970's. A war between 1978 and 1980 cause some territorial changes (See the map). Originally I need the orthographic maps for each South America country, but if you are very busy, then, only for Chile, Argentina, Peru, Bolivia and Brasil. And there is not hurry for the maps of course, take all your time. I'm grateful for your disposition and help. If need some help just tell me. Regards! --Katholico (talk) 03:18, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
Seven Years War
India in NNHey Chris! I have been looking at your timeline from time to time, especially the maps, its shows how I will never be able to match you up, lol. Well, as an optimist I would love saying yeah, but in reality not all areas could stay united in my opinion. I would, however, say that India could have a significantly larger area without the British partitioning the country. A fact about pre-partitioning is that many hindus lived in modern-day Pakistan and visa-versa.
So, if Britain could not partition it, present day Bangladesh would no doubt be part of India. In Pakistan, the states of Punjab, Sindh and a large portion of Balochistan would be in Indian hands. The remainder would either be Pakistan or be part of Afghanistan and Iran respectively. Sri Lanka would also be part of India, imo, with the country having two states: Tamil Lanka and Singhala.
I also put up a map for what I am saying to make a bit more sense (the mostly Pakistan showing map). However, if you would like all of Pakistan to be part of India, here is how present day Indian states would look. BTW, do you plan to incoporate Burma into India as well, or would they be independent (if they are independent, I'll change the map).
Anything else? :D Imperium Guy 12:49, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
Well, India is a quasi-federation in present day, not that far off from a full Federation. Sure, I'll try to aswer any more future question, lol. :D Imperium Guy 01:28, July 21, 2012 (UTC)Well Chris, I managed to get a map ready of how it would look using the state map. What do you think? I added a black border for Burma and India, but I see you have kept Burma part of India, so should I remove it? :D Imp (Say Hi?!) 00:54, July 23, 2012 (UTC)
BTW, considering that India includes Burma, would the capital be moved back to Kolkata for integrety purposes? It would be beneficial as it would be in a united Bengal, near Burma (for better control of the territories) and a major port city. Its a good candidate, what do you think? :D Imp (Say Hi?!) 22:33, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
A New Map (No Napoleon)
Great. I'll ask from time to time for some flags. What really inspired to ask you is the Alaskan flag. I think it's way more better than OTL's flag, lol. Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 21:22, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
Triple Entente vs Central Powers
Hey could you possibly play again?
Latin American Independence Concept
Hello Chris. I thought I ask you a complicated dilemma that wonders which scenario is correct.
In your TL No Napoleon, the Latin American nations do not revolt, yet although Spain manages to hold them for longer, they became independent in 1823.
In Tbguy's TL French Trafalgar, British raids on Spanish ships caused break-down of contact between Spain and its Latin American colonies. This caused the colonials to revolt and gain independence.
In my TL TBYA, as soon as the Franco-Spanish union is formed as well as the independence of Brazil, the Latin American nations begin to revolt and gain independence.
In OTL, the French invasion of Spain was the man factor for Latin American independence. In these three TLs, none of them have this event.
So whcih of the three TLs have the correct scenarios? --RandomWriterGuy (talk) 00:10, August 2, 2012 (UTC) What I also known was that the discrimination between the colonials and their governors was the birth origin. People from mainland Spain had special privelages, but anyone born in the colonies did not.
And for the TBYA thing, I kinda got that wrong. It was the discriminatory factor that caused it.
So if you said that Spain would revolt if only massive disorder, the birth discrimination is a key factor, and you said my scenario is the most plausible, what do you suppose for all of this? --RandomWriterGuy (talk) 01:49, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
Welcome to PMII
Hi Chris, I have noticed you have picked the Papal States in PMII. Unfortunately the nation is about 3 times too large on the original map (labelled one) so feel free to change your choice. Scandinator (talk) 05:41, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Chris, thanks for finding that other map but unfortuantely the game starts in 1450 and a lot happened in those 30 years. However I have found maps already and am working off them to create a new one. There is a lot in my life at the moment so I won't be finished with the map for another two or three weeks. If you wish to take another nation I recommend one in the Middle East, since Europe has about 15 players squished in already... Scandinator (talk) 21:21, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Chris, i'm here again XD But this time is about other doubt in one of your maps. In this, Chile seems have some land from Argentina in the Andean mountains border, including the Puna de Atacama. I just now noticed this, because in the other (world) maps, this not distinguishes and maybe just is a mistake. :/ Well, that this. Regards! --Katholico (talk) 18:40, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
- O Wow, I never saw the map before. I now understand the situation. Well, the problem is that Chile-Argentina borders always have been a problem. Far i know, with creation of the Viceroyalty of Rio de la Plata, the Captaincy of Chile loss some territories in the today Argentina, for example Mendoza (which this map show still). So, the borders should the same of today in that area (A less you make that Chile re-gained his control, as in OTL had some attempts but under different circumstances). Chile can keep the Puna de Atacama, as that territory only was divided between Chile and Argentina in the aftermath of the War of the Pacific due a Bolivian decision. Also, maybe you need explore more about the situation of the Patagonia... the control of that territory never was clear until the end of XIX Century and beginnings of XX.
- About that ortographic maps, sure, no problem. Thanks you very much for your disposition to help me, really :D Take your time and enjoy his vacations in the weekend XD Regards! --Katholico (talk) 20:42, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
States of America 5 Reloaded
Jordan - it's not listed on your nation page as being part of any state, nor is it listed as being independent.
Answer depends on what exists there.
Yes, makes more sense for Gaza to go to Egypt and the West Bank - though I would guess that it would not be as big as the otl one - to Turkey.
Really, play the cards right and there may not even be a "Palestinian" identity.
No Napoleon Again
Hey Chris, Scraw here again. I'm still working on the flag map, you may see it by Tuesday, but I need to know if all the African nations have the same flag. Also, is Turkestan the pink nation with all of Central Asia?
Also, I noticed you're creating parallels to our TLs in your NN sandbox. Might I give a few suggestions?
If you do want to hear/read my suggestions, here they are:
- Napoleon's World into Napoleon's Victory: Basically the same TL, but with the POD of Napoleon's survival.
- Viva California into Viva Louisiana
- The Green North to Great Green North
- British Louisiana to British Canada: The British obtain Lower Canada and it does not become independent.
And that's just for featured timelines. I also have ideas for some totally original TLs with PODs in the No Napoleon world.
Great. I love "Stars and Bars" flags, lol. Easiest ones to draw. OK, I'll correct my map. Also, without a Nazi Germany in World War II, I don't thin so many Jews would flee to Israel. I think it can still remain a part of Turkey on the map. Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 03:19, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
Lobositz Lamentable Loss
Hi again Chris :) I saw that you wrote in Media about an Alternate Althistory Wikia XD Is a very intersting idea (In fact, i think that i'm going to make something similar in my spanish TLs XP). I would like colaborate with some titles from a alternate Spanish Wikia, but maybe i need wait until that you wrote more about Latin America in NN, what you think? Regards! Katholico (talk) 05:49, August 16, 2012 (UTC)
- OK, no problem :) i will wait until you write more about LA.
- About the maps, no, i no need for the Guyanas :) Thanks again. Regards --Katholico (talk) 00:37, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Chris! I have recently added some basic info on what I think about New Dorset and Grinella on my sandbox. Could you please take a look and give your thoughts? Much appreciated! :D Imp (Say Hi?!) 22:07, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
Axis vs Allies Reloaded
The game has started, please post.
Yeah, I did some wrong calculations, the numbers were in the 300 pixels lol. They should be 30-50. Also, ImageJ is a downloadable program, and the Pixel Counter is a plugin. PitaKang- (But here's my number|So call me maybe) 00:59, September 9, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Chris, sorry to burst your bubble but it took over 40 years for the Papal States to take over St Peters. Now I'm not saying its gonna take 40 years this time, but its not gonna be 5 either. Scandinator (talk) 06:41, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
No Time for Stalin
Greetings. I just came across your idea about a Stalin-less Russia. Very interesting idea, especially on a democratic Russian union. Not sure what to say about an Axis Russia (since I would believe a democratic Russia would ally with the UK and France, or at least remain neutral), but let's see how it turns out before I say what.
One of the reasons I wanted to write is because I had a name idea I thought of years ago, and thought you may be interested in using it (if you wish). While the Russians would be dominate, I would like to think a democratic Russia would support ethnic diversity (which was supported by Lenin [but is irrelevant here?]), meaning that the use of "Russia" is redundant (especially if there is going to be a Russian homeland in this union. I thought of the name Union of Duma Democratic Republics (Союз Думских Демократических Республик, Soyuz Dumskikh Demokraticheskikh Respublik). The name plays on the "D" used in Duma (a parliament [especially during the Empire]) and democratic (much like "Soviet Socialist"). You don't have to use it, but I thought you might be interested.
I Italy offer ou a deal tat we will leave our borders peaceful but will let the war continue, we wont attack the heartland of France or anything French if you do te same with us. Proud Leader of the Althistory Revolution (User talk:DeanSims) 23:51, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Glad to hear school is going good. Meanwhile, I am stuck making fresh fries. XD
- Glad I could give my two cents. Like I mentioned before, I highly doubt that Russia (or its equivalent) would be an Axis. The only times Russia would be part of the Axis would be if the Hitler-Stalin pact completely worked out, or (god forbid) Russia becomes a fascist dictatorship (which it did come close to). But this idea needs to grow, but I do have to inform you. Please forgive me for saying this, but as good as a democratic Russia would be for the people, it would likely leave Russia a sitting duck. I personally doubt Hitler would see Russia as an ally (as much so as he did France and Britain). Remember, Hitler was just as much supportive of a Greater Germany (which communism or not will not slow down Germany's expansion). Without Uncle Joe to beef up the military, Russia could fall the way of France. But in the long run, I guess you can sey it would have to be the person and not the government. If you can find the Russian equivalent to Churchill or Roosevelt, Eisenhower or Patton, than maybe. Zhukov comes to mind (maybe), but other than that, I am not an expert on the Revolution or WWII. However, I thought of something that could fundamentally change it. Russia wasn't the only country to go through a communist civil war at the time, Germany was too. With two communist revolutions foiled, this would probably cause a major blow to the global movement, making a weaker threat to Germany. With Russia a democracy, and a weaker communist movement, this would also mean a weaker Hitler (who can't "Cry Communism" to get his way). No Hitler, no problem. So maybe this timeline would be more like "No Time for Extremism" or something. However, the only variable would be the Great Depression (which lead to the rise of Nazism in Germany). Given Germany was the weakest country at the time, it may or may not lead to Hitler anyway.
- Please forgive me, I didn't mean to say so much, and I most certainly do not want to discourage your own ideas. But like I said, I know as much about the Revolution and WWII, with my expertise being towards Glasnost and Gorbachev. Hope I didn't upset you. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 04:38, September 9, 2012 (UTC)
No worries. You gotta do what you gotta do. As for the timeline, no need to worry about it. You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs. Hell, none of my timelines look like what I started with.
As for "falling like France," more or less. I don't believe Hitler was at all interested in Siberia (making it a potential Vichy France kinda deal, or a Japanese puppet). But yeah, Moscow and Leningrad would fall, and the Nazified cities of Moskau and Hitlergrad would take there places (I made up the Hitlergrad part, but you get the idea). As for a Fascist Russia, don't bother asking me (lol). I remember reading that as the revolution progressed, Russia was going to end up a hardline dictatorship (the question was would it be left or right). But don't ask me about what a Fascist Russia would be like (I personally wouldn't want to know, anyway). But my guess is that this would be later on. And yes, Hitler can thank communism for his rise. In fact, he blamed communists for the Reichstag fire (which further helped him to power). While communism was big enough in 1920s Germany, my guess is that it may have been weaken enough (given Russia is also a democracy) that Hitler would remain a radical nut-job to the Germans. Other than that, I can't say. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 00:18, September 12, 2012 (UTC)
I would love to get your two cents
Greetings, Chris. I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if I could get your two cents on [althistory.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:13_Fallen_Stars#Europe my discussion] for Europe in the 13 Fallen Stars timeline. I mentioned No Napoleon and how I wanted to incorporate your Germanys and Italys into my timeline. Since you have an expertise on France and this time period, I would appreciate any advice you have. Thank you in advance. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 01:48, September 15, 2012 (UTC)
The Scots are going to send a messenger to the Pope during this year, with an incredibly important message. So it would be nice if the Pope would hear the message before having England declare war. Unfortunately, this message may not come until 4 hours after the next turn begins. LurkerLordB (Talk) 16:26, September 22, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, Bfoxius here. I'm okay if you have some land in the region specified in the post you sent to me. Anyways, I'm pretty confused right now (thought I was going to lose the war with the Ottomans, so I didn't plan ahead very much.) As the leader of the Catholic faith in game, I request your advice because I promised the nations that helped land, but I need some myself. Anyways, thanks. Bfoxius (talk) 23:52, September 22, 2012 (UTC)
I promised land to all nations that helped, which really was not one of my smartest manuvers. I was thinking to give away a chunk of land, and they could negotiate about it. By the way, do you think "helping" means giving supplies to me. If not, only you and Venice will have directly "helped", so I'd most likely get the lion's share. I really just want the Ottomans' Balkan possesions, and maybe some Aegean islands. What do you think I should do for the rest of the war? I don't really know because I think you did the algorithim both times, and a mod hasn't confirmed the results of the second. Thanks, Bfoxius (talk)
Thanks for the list, and I honestly think that I keep the war going for a few more years, to gain the maximum amount of land (Venice grabbed what remained of the Byzantine Empire when they fell before I did, ruining my chances of becoming leader of a fully united Greece, so I'd need a bit more land to become as large as I wanted to be then). Bfoxius (talk) 00:52, September 23, 2012 (UTC)
Oh good lord, I'm sorry. I'd completely forgotten about that amongst the midst of my other projects. I owe you a great deal. I suppose the least I can do is show you what I have so far. :(
Here art thou. I know, thou art terribly dissapointed. Many apologies.
Could you come back to this game? The current user for France is being quite a pest with his posts, even claiming that Great Britain invaded China and France suddenly joined the Axis. He’s already caused a retcon, we’d greatly appreciate it if you could come back. I understand if you can’t, though. Thanks. PitaKang- (But here's my number|So call me maybe) 20:21, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
Principia Moderni II = Savoy - Pope
Hello friend, in a few years I will consolidate dynastic union between Naples and Savoy and wanted to know if it is possible that the pope deliver the royal crown to the new Duke of Savoy, I mean the you crown my Duke as the king of Savoy, and in this way we form a stronger alliance. Quiari (talk) 21:20, October 5, 2012 (UTC)
I would like to start a healing process with the Orthodox and Catholic faiths and though I doubt they will unite, they will at least tolerate each other to the point that other faiths seem worse. Scandinator (talk) 00:40, October 9, 2012 (UTC)
Map for Nelson's Death
Thanks. Well, in North America, the United States controls the Louisina Territory, Florida, Haiti, and both Upper and Lower Canada. The Spanish colonies are same, but the Americans own Florida.
In Europe, the French control OTL French Empire. Spain and Portugal are the same. Also, the Confederation of the Rhine in its OTL location. Prussia, Austria, Russia, Denmark-Norway, and Sweden are the same location. In Africa and the Mediterranean, France controls Malta and OTL Egypt. Other than Egypt, the Ottoman Empire is the same. The colonies in Africa are the same, but the French control the Dutch colony in south Africa. India is still the same in OTL, but the Dutch East Indies go to France. If possible, can you include China and Japan. Thanks. Enclavehunter (talk) 03:32, October 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh. And all other British colonies in North America belong to the United States Enclavehunter (talk) 03:55, October 7, 2012 (UTC)
PMII Catholic Thing
Don't take my anti-Catholic posts harshly or war for that matter. Lurk and I wanted a unique area to start the Reformation, or at least be an early adopter, so in light of that I have began layin gthe groundwork for it. Seriously nothing personal.Andr3w777 (talk) 20:36, October 23, 2012 (UTC)
Italian League PM II
Hello, would you be interested in joining a league exclusively Italian?, Would be to have a support group of military and economic issues, involve all Italian countries and their vassals, and we support and defend us together. What do you say? Quiari (talk) 19:40, October 26, 2012 (UTC)
Venice and the League
The Republic of Venice have this offer to us:
- Venice will take Florence and Piombino and join the Italian League.
- Venice will not expand into any Italian state for the next 50 years.
I want to know if there is any other suggestion, condition, request or anything else you want to say about this, like if you want to go to the Court or not. If you have any ambition or problem this the time to tell. Bauglir Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All (talk) 03:21, November 5, 2012 (UTC)
What he means is that he won't annex an Italian state in the next 50 years. I think this is your time to be ambitious and ask him for something you want from him, something reasonable of course. Bauglir Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All (talk) 03:41, November 5, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, be careful, be aware that there is no more to Italian states where expand, except those who are already occupied. Look, you'll have an email that I can send you the plans for future events, I assure you that the rewards will be very good for you.Quiari (talk) 04:02, November 5, 2012 (UTC)
Bavaria is suffering a major crisis with Kappelianism. The King requests an inquisition and also asks the Pope, Most Holy Father, if the next Pope could be from Bavaria, because that would limit the effects of Kappel.Andr3w777 (talk) 17:06, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh i see. i didn't notice that about the logo :O Still, Thanks :)
- About the maps, ok, no problem Chris. Yeah, for me the programs for images are very complicated (i only know use Paint!!! jajaja) XD Thanks for your help :D Regards! --Katholico (talk) 05:40, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Great news ^_^ Thanks. About Colombia and Venezuela, probably yes, but you can do that maps later. Just now, i only need the maps of the other countries :P The Falklands for the moment are British (i have some ideas, yes, but need more work). Regards and thanks again! --Katholico (talk) 19:27, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Chris! It's Me again XD I can ask your opinion for a TL from a User friend? Is the spanish version of No Destiny, but where the US fight alone for his independence and the war extend for ten years. Only in 1786 Britain recognize the independence of the United States, but the treaty established that the country cannot intervene in foreign conflicts, which eventually lead to a politic of neutrality of US, and don't expand to the west and other parts. I already ask to other users like Nuc, South, about the situation in North America (US presidents, civil war, Louisiana, Quebec, etc) and now, he need opinions for the situation in Europe, about Napoleonic Wars (if Napoleon can win or not). You have some ideas? Regards! --Katholico (talk) 02:59, December 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I recieved many opinions with some differences but i think that is good that we have many opinions ^^ Thanks for help Chris.
- mmm, I'm not sure about the reason my friend Guerrero would be thinking, to explain why the european nations don't help to US, but your suggestion make sense.
- According with Guerrero, he want to make Quebec independent but later, maybe in XX Century.
- About Europe, you says that the French Revolution take place like OTL, but also extend with success to Spain, Dutch, Polonia right?
- About the revolutions extend to Canada in America, if i'm reading well, that idea mean that finally the US don't turn into a neutral country? I mean, if eventually annex the british Canada y later send aid to the revolutionaries in europe... that sounds in a different direction from the TL concept of a neutral US XD Or you wanted to say other thing? Regards! --Katholico (talk) 19:19, December 17, 2012 (UTC)
France burgundy land Promised
1536 -Burgundy: We respond to the French, that we will aid our allies, and despite that we appreciate your aid, we will rather that you give us some land to connect with the area of Dijon. The colonies expand, New Antwerp 750 sq km in the continent and 250 sq km in Neu Zeeland, Brasilea expands 100 sq km.
1537 -France: We respect Burgundy's offer, and will promise them land to connect Dijon with their colonies. The Auvergne French have more interest in the New World anyways. As the Auvergne Armée approaches 40,000, plans are made to attack the Bourbon strongholds all over France, and take back control of the country, with plans to eventually take Brittany and Normandy. King Gauss promises to be to be the true King of France.
with this he, Stewdio promised land to connect the northern burgundian provinces with the Dijon burgundian area, now he's away from the wiki, so i'm asking a mutual leader, the papal states to give a fair division of the promised lands by the French to burgundy Sine dei gloriem (talk) 21:58, December 22, 2012 (UTC)
Radioactive Tide Reloaded!
do you know why your warring with me in PM II, its not kappelianism, mine is a war for independence, I want my nation free from the HRE, the Papal States haven't a right to meddle in my affairs. I ask you reconsiderAndr3w777 (talk) 02:07, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
I apologize for the confusion. No I thought this little civil war would be a good time to declare myself a soveriegn nation. You see, my nation is fairly tolerant of all religions, whilst still being Catholic, since i didn't want to take a side per se, I decided that this would be a good time for my war of Independence. What you could do, is declare Bavaria a soveriegn nation if i win the algorithm, The word of the Pope is valuable, nd I would obviously be indebted to His Holiness.Andr3w777 (talk) 02:15, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
Britain's World Map
I was hoping you could help me with a map(s).
I was hoping you could create a map of the world after the French Indian War but before the American War for Independence?
I can relinquish full player control of the duchy of Sicily and give it to you to post as if you wish seeing how its your vassal now. Also please do post as your other territories more often, I have no idea what is going on in Milan, Province or Corsica at this moment in time. VonGlusenburg (talk to Von!) 16:40, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah I'm breaking up the Caliphate but don't fancy having loads of nations dotted about the place, especially such a diverse set of nations. But yeah enjoy Sicily, think of it as making up for losing Aflons and giving it to the Caliphate without hassle earlier on in the game. But do watch out for Sultanate of Hayreddin which is my Muslim pirate state based in Malta and surrounding islands. Its attacking shipping of any nation which passes through "its waters." VonGlusenburg (talk to Von!) 21:47, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Axis vs Allies: Reborn (Map Game)
Unlimited map games wiki.
Hey would you like to come check out Unlimited map games wiki. It is a website that will have no limitations on mapgames (Time,Nations,ETC) I hope you enjoy!The old baby (talk) 21:28, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
The Ottoman Caliphate offers the Papal States a deal:
Okay, the Caliphate wants the Papal states to take the Caliphate in a war and turn us Christain. You wont take any land but you will basicaly launch a crusade, turn the Caliphate Christain by force and gain a strong ally after the wars end. Please help me with this. The algorithm wouldnt be needed as I would post the Papal Forces continue to advance and take the capitol, forcing the Sultans conversion to Christ or something like that.
realy its me the player offering this, and it would be palusible, all I ask is no land is taken away.
(DeanSims: Talk) 02:55, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
ok, sweet, how bout I start a war, it wont fall on you for starting it, and you can launch a full attack, then with me a Christain state, we can invade the Levant and turn them Christian! Then Persia, the etc etc etc etc....
(DeanSims: Talk) 14:09, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
I've got an idea
Hey Chris! I would like to ask you a few questions about making changes to the Green North TL. Because of all the butterflies, I would like to have an alternate WW-I and WW-II.
In the lead to WW-I, most things would happen normally, except that in the late 1890s, the Austrian Royal Family would be overthrown and and some member of the German Royal Family would be declared king. This would not go down well with the Hungarians, who would not accept this. For about 10 years, the status quo remains and the country stays united, but then things fall apart.
The Austrians (who recognise the German guy), publicly announce that he is their king and will rule over them, while the Hungarians disagree. This breaks out into a small civil-war, but over 10 years it picks up pace and then turns European. Russia is allied with Hungary (yes I intend to have alternate alliances), while Germany would be allied with Britain. The French remain neutral in the conflict.
So, the first German troops come into Austria to support their brethern, while the Russian do the same for the Hungarians. You get the first trenches here. Then the Russians invade East Germany and blah, blah, blah.
The Kingdom of Rome and Crimea begs the Papal States for aid against the evik Moslems, we beg you. (DeanSims: Talk) 16:30, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
Chris, Im begging you for troops and you calling on other European nations to beat the rebels, please help me. (DeanSims: Talk) 20:20, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
I'd almost completely forgotten my idea, lol.
- West as in Greenland and France/America. If I'm correct, then the Russians and French had a dual alliance? If so, then I will intend to kinda keep it that way. I think I might have France to invade Germany, let them be the aggressors. They will get to like Frankfurt, then be forced to turn back a few miles.
- Tanks are developed slightly earlier here (Germans and Brits on the same side), aircraft quality is also much better because the Brits and the Germans had the best planes, combine the two powers and wow... Well, the tanks come in handy at the counter-offensive at Frankfurt and the French get into trouble.
- I think there will be a few "offensives" in Greenland but they'll gain like a mile. Not much fighting... Japan might start up another Russo-Japanese war (taking advantage of the Russians in the west). They'll take the whole of Sahkalin and maybe take a bit of Russia for Manchuria in the future or something.
- You know who will win. France and Russia (in the long term), stand no chance. This will mean a lot of existing things will have to be edited and removed but first of all I need you to mark out all the implausible things... :L Imp (Say Hi?!) 23:40, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
In my TL, Hindustani Raj - I have the butterflies play out in such a way that the world kind of looks like this. This is an original TL - my first in fact, so as a first time writer I am having troubles. XD Of course the map is a WIP, yet it should give you an idea of what I have planned. A greater Alaska (after talking over about it with Nuke), a Dominion of America, a much larger India and an earlier united Germany.
Now I am having a problem with France. In my TL, the butterflies play out in such a way that Britain becomes more involoved in European matters and forms a close alliance with a German state which I haven't figured out yet. Now because there is no American War of Independence, the French Revolution does not happen. However, I do not want a monarchy in France - so I thought about having the Brit-French rivalry spill over and the "some German state" helping the Brits knock out the French. Would this work?
While I still have you, I'll give you ideas I've had so far.
First of all, the British would be more involved in other matters as they would never be able to gain India. Now India is a big country and although it might have been weak - it still had a lot of people and had to be taken over slowly. With no India, the Brits are going to have to "explore" as the country did supply Britian with many essential resources (like cotton and TEA!!). Did you know that the English tradition to drink tea at breaks originated from India? So Britain will start colonising America heavily and later on the AnZac countries heavily. Now as the American Revolutions were after the OTL Battle of Plassey (1757), which doesn't really happen in the same way here, the Brits will give in to the American demands and they get represented in Parliament (Butterflies will solve the problems).
For getting the Brits involoved with Europe, I'm thinking of having Hanover go into a personal union with Prussia or something, so the Brits would be forced to support them, bettering Anglo-Prussian relations. I am also interested in adopting your idea for the Prussian-Austrian Union in TBA (I do keep up with it), so I can justify the Germany on the map.
Hmm, the idea on France is interesting, yet the question arises, would the Brits bother? Cause they both are rivals. Could I have Louis slugging it out on the French throne for a few more years and then the revolutions kick in (early 1800)?
I really have no clue about the Great Game. Its one of those topics I know absolutely nothing at all. All I know is that before 1857, Indian colonial troops were fighting in Afganistan.
- BTW, remember the link you gave me to all the colour codes on wikipedia, I cannot seem to find it. Could you give me the link again please? :D Imp (Say Hi?!) 00:09, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you! If you notice, I have taken a few elements from your "TBA" and Nukes "13". It just helps me create an interesting fusion of ideas and a world very different from our own.
Funny that you mention Prussia and Britain have an alliance with the Dutch, as I plan for all three to stick together in world issues and decisions, compared to the possibility of a Franco-Russian alliance and a probable Franco-Spanish alliance. I would still like the Triple Alliance to stand til the modern day, if that is somehow possible. It would mean that the Netherlands would still stand as a larger power, Germany would be united quicker and Britain to be in a good position in continental Europe.
I do want Louis to be killed. I don't like his ruling methods. What would that have lead to? I do plan on giving the French a chain of weak rulers and as a consequence them not getting a bigger footing in world matters. If you look at my in-progess map, you will see a lot of question marks, mainly cause I have no clue what to do with those areas.
One of these areas include the Iberian pinensula and South America. As my PoD is in 1556, I have no clue as to how the butterflies would play out relating to the Iberians. The only thing I know is that the Portugese would be kicked out of India by the Vijaynagar Empire. Right now, this is one area I require a ton of help in. I feel it could be interesting seeing a German Patagonia, a Greater Brazil and maybe a large Gran Colombia, with maybe a Greater Chile. Yet I have no facts to support this view.
Reading slightly more into the Great Game, I see that the issues were only slightly resolved with the threat of the German Empire. With the Germans and Brits on the same side, I see two possiblities. One - the Brits gain overall superiority in the area and Persia becomes a colony/protectorate, and two - the area becomes a chaotic hotbed, yet the Russians have the edge in many matters.
Also, to see some of my ideas of how the world could look like in 2013, here is a link to my sandbox where I have put most of my planned differences. :)
Thank you for the colour codes (again). I did try my hand at inkscape, although it didn't work out well for me at all. I don't know why, but it doesn't work for me - and I moan over the fact I could have created maps like yours and Nuke's if I had a proper understanding of the program. :'( Imp (Say Hi?!) 14:16, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
No Napoleon Map
I was wondering if you used a blank orthographic map for your (very nice) "French Polynesia orthographic map (No Napoleon).svg". I am planning out the Pacific borders for my timeline, and having such a map would be very beneficial for that purpose. So, if such a map exists, and you aren't too busy, could you please send me the link to it? And if it doesn't, would you mind awefully if I used your map as the base for mine?
No problem, I not so need it in hurry. But sorry if I bother you time. Anyway, thank you so much, I very appreciate your help :)
hey Chris can you do the outcome section for the Roman-Chechnyan War on the PM2 tal page i cant figure it out. thanks,
My (Second) First Endeavour on Inkscape
Hey Chris! As you can see here, I tried on inkscape again, this time to create a coat of arms for Nationalist China. I'm pretty sure it didn't turn out as I would have hoped. Would you mind fixing it and telling me what went wrong as well as any tips you may have for future use? I might begin using it for a few flags and coat of arms. I still prefer paint for maps. Thank you. :D Imp (Say Hi?!) 14:00, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
I see. Well, your CoA for China does look a good deal better than mine - more simple and gets to the point better, lol. Well, thank you but I still have a lot of working out to do before I manage to make my work better than that currently, lol. Thanks again! :D Imp (Say Hi?!) 06:51, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
Darn it, lol. Well I don't think a union between them will occur in Hindustani Raj - the Brits will be closer to the Germans and Dutch anyway, so that is a shame. I finally got round to getting something done on the TL, lol - even though it might be on the Russian side of things. I was pretty shocked to learn that not only Ivan the V was a real person in the late 1600s/early 1700s - he was joint ruler with Peter the I; the guy I was planning Ivan V to replace in Russia's history. I also plan to somehow change the way the reforming of the Orthodox affected Russia (considering it is something like 100 years after the PoD) by making some ruler like Liz I, burning all heratics (or old believers in this case) at the skate or something and causing the old believers to convert.
I am also toying with the idea of having the Russians being more organised and better led in the early 1600s (don't ask me how cause I haven't even planned it yet, lol) which leads to some more victories and a possiblly successful invasion of the Ottoman Empire from the north which would eventually capture Constaninople. It would be interesting to see those who claim to be descendants of the Bzantine Empire come back to the city, don't you think?
States of America 5 Revived
Well, I noticed that you had played the previous versions of this game and wondered if you'd like to play this one?
Hey Chris! Well, I seem to be taking up a lot of your lower talkpage lol, but whenever I get ideas for The Green North I feel I need to soundboard it off you. ;)
Although most of my previous attempts to change aspects of the timeline have usually ended in disaster - this time I felt if I didn't try to focus on the rest of the world, and only Greenland for now, I could work to create a new line of events. Here is a direct link for my ideas. Although I have been plotting changes to Eastern European history, that is not going to play too big a part (or so I hope) in my plans for the world and Greenland. Don't take too big a note on my initial ideas section, they won't play much of a part in the revamp version.
Some of the ideas I have not put up was that the Inuits of Greenland and (Northern) Canada would be immune to smallpox. I saw you put the Norse and French battle in the main timeline, may I ask what was the condition of the Norse and if these Norse were those who were staying on Greenland or was it just a general term for the Scandinavians?
Now the first major change I was going to do was remove the Spanish from ever gaining the colony on Greenland. Instead, the Swedes would gain a slice and because the Danish switched side before 1812 (slight butterfly) they keep most of their colony. What do you think of the idea as I think the Swedes played a bigger part in the war and should gain the land rather than the Spanish. I have also altered the colonial borders of quite a few nations and the French now have a lot less land. I hope you don't mind (you kinda like the French ;)
The second change was making [New] Dorset into a US-esque as well as backed nation, with Grinella never happening as a result. I thought it would be interesting to put a nation like the US on Greenland. I have also put up my alternate timeline I hope to write up and I have changed the Russian-America Company slightly too. Tell me what you think! :D Imp (Say Hi?!) 18:14, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
The Maharathas? I am in their capital Mumbai for the next week or so lol. Chatrapaji Shivaji is quite a major historical figure in the city too - even more so my the Maharathi Nationalist Parties. And I see the citations are back for another one of your timelines lol.
I have a habit for starting bottom first lol. Well, you planned for the vote to be 34% in favour in British North Greenland, the rest against in 1867. If you have a look at my sandbox (which I don't think you noticed the rough timeline part lol), the link should link to my new timeline ideas, you will see I plan for the Dorseters to rebel in 1776 itself and win, although the war of independence would be longer as the British would have greater troops and would fight harder to crush the rebellion. The info on the R-A company and my other Russian plans are under the heading Them Ruskies. I want to play around with Alaska too - maybe having it as a safe haven for the Slavs who cannot stand Russian rule (read the section to get a jist about what what I plan for the direction of Slavic migration and how it affects Russia later on). What I was wondering with Alaska was if it expanded more due to the fact the British would have been more caught up with the Wars of Independence and this could butterfly into greater troop numbers in British Greenland and slower expansion to the interior of modern day Canada, perhaphs giving the Russians (R-A Company) the oppurtunity to expand more inland and claim a greater piece of land.
Lol, I see. Yea I think Sweden with the colony makes more sense than Spain. I have completely rearranged the borders for most of the nations on Greenland. What do you think about it? (Its on the rough timeline section too lol).
Oh. I was planning to have the Norse almost completely die out due to the fact they would be in conflict with the Inuits who would end up killing them in the long run. What I suppose may work out better would be for the Norse to be almost wiped out, with a small number left and instead of the French battling them, it would either be the Danes or the Brits instead. In the end the Norse would be absorbed into society, although their culture wouldn't die out. They would kinda become like Quebec, although it might be better to compare them to the Scottish Highlanders, with their culture only getting a much needed revival much later on in history. For the Inuits, the smallpox would kill a large number of them too - which they probably contracted when they were fighting the Norse - and this disease would be passed onto the Canadian Inuits, who would become immune to it. Perhaps the Inuits could be the reason British expansion of Canada slows down and the Russians are able to claim more land?
Now I mentioned no Slavs in Eastern Europe. Which ethnic group do you reckon would take the space of the Slavs? I am sure in areas such as Czechoslovakia and western Poland it would be Germanic tribes but in the Balkans, I am unsure. Do you think the Greeks could could colonise the Yugoslav area and in the modern day make some sort of "Greek Federation"? And I hope you read my ideas into creating problematic situations for the USSR in 1979 lol. ;) Imp (Say Hi?!) 11:28, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
The Timur sends an envoy to the Ottoman Sultan,
We offer to you a deal, in it we swear the cessation of any Timurid expansion in Anatolia, the Caucasuss, and the Malmuks lands. We wish not to have you as an enemy. Were we to go to war Europe would take the moment to attack us. We need to unite in order stay strong, nay, to stay existant. The Timurids are much more beneifial to you as an ally than as an enemy, and it also takes a very large wieght off your mind, as well as ours. We offer you this Treaty of Ankara, in which
- Timurids will not expand past Georgia, Erzincan, and Eastern Turks/White Sheep, (Black Sheep have been annexed).
- Timurids will not expand into any Malmuk lands after this treaty has been signed.
- Ottomans will allow Timurid traders to reenter Ottoman lands
- Trade will be restored
- Ottomans and Timurids will sign a 25 year non agression pact
- Upon the ascension of Amjad to the throne of the Timurids, he will pick an Ottoman wife from the Ottoman royal family in order to solidiy our nations new relations.
- The Ottomans may annex the remaing states in Anatolia that are not influenced by Timurids (essentially you get everything except my vassals)
We wish for you to accept the treaty, as while it benefits both, it benefits you more.
00:24, February 7, 2014 (UTC)
PM3 - Georgian Emissary
The King of Georgia sends his deepest condolences to the new Padishah Mehmed on the death of his formidable and noble father; despite the recent troubles between Georgia and the Ottoman Empire, Mepe Alexandre would like to communicate his sorrow at the loss of such an enlightened and honorable ruler.
As the current conflict in Anatolia appears to be winding down, Mepe Alexandre would like to meet the Sultan in person to discuss the re-normalization of relations between our two otherwise-friendly nations, in the hopes of resolving the situation that compelled Georgia to enter the war on the side of the Padishah's enemies.
Should the Padishah decline this offer, His Highness understands completely; he freely acknowledges that the sudden and admittedly unprovoked nature of this attack has severely damaged the historic bond between our nations. However, he cautions the Padishah that - in the event of a refusal - the Georgian crown must assume that the cordial relations between our states no longer exist... and act accordingly.
With deepest sincerity,
Mepe Alexandre II of Georgia
Hello, earlier i may have said i would, but after deep consideration splitting it interfered with zmy plans, as i want to reach the mediterranian and build a port, whch after Mesopotamia would only be syria. sorry. i will help you invade/vassalize/etc anything else though! Toby (talk) 22:45, March 31, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, I noticed that you were still a constable, and given your massive work with the wiki, I was wondering, would you like me to nominate you for Lieutenant? You're probably one of the most senior constables around, and...
18:13, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
Persian Invasion of Mansuriyya Caliphate
Cesar of Rome
CHris i was wondering if i could work on the United Duchies in ceasar of rome. OCT MARIUS, HAIL HIM 20:29, April 19, 2014 (UTC)
Will you still be working on No Napoleon? I have a few ideas in terms of wars that could shape the development of the world in the 19th century that you could take a stab at. Razgriz 2K9 (talk) 18:35, May 19, 2014 (UTC)
Well like I said, I have a few ideas for wars, based on the maps you have provided.
-Cisplatine Wars: Argentina vs. Brazil, Brazil and Argentina has had claims to the Cisplatina region known OTL as Uruguay, since the colonial era. The last two Spanish-Portuguese Wars prior to the PoD, in 1761-1763 and in 1776-1777, were primarily fought over domination of not only here, but also the Rio Grande do Sul, the southern-most state in OTL Brazil. I can see Argentina, as successor to the Spanish Viceroyalty of La Plata, and Brazil, as successor to the Portuguese Viceroyalty of Brazil, continue to fight over the region, and with the lack of Uruguay and Paraguay (thus butterfling away the Paraguayan War among others), I can see this being a bone of contention for much of the 19th century.
-Peruvian-Colombian Wars: Peru vs. Colombia, similar case with Brazil and Argentina, the fight would be over territory, largely around the Northern Loreto Region in OTL Peru. IOTL, it was conflict between Ecuador and Peru (and sometimes Colombia), but since Ecuador is replaced by a more powerful Colombia, I can imagine that it would be a more even fight overall.
-More Republican Revolutions: For the record, some monarchs I can imagine would willingly abdicate (read: Portugal), but a country like Spain, who has a history with a powerful king would not. I can imagine a Spanish Civil War on the cards, albeit replacing a Loyalist Republican vs. Nationalist movement with a Loyalist Monarchial vs. Republican movement.
-Hedjazi War of Independence: At the time of the PoD, the Hedjaz was part of the Ottoman Empire, yet there is a big gap between Ottoman rule and the Turkish Revolution which had an independent Hedjaz, which would be hard to elaborate given the Ottoman's contribution to the victory in WWI, unless they ended up being the Russia of TTL's WWI.
Nobunaga and Japan
I'm doing fine.
Such a thing would be nothing but instability for Japan. Also, with Nobunaga being a devout atheist, I highly doubt he would even try to convert in the first place, despite supporting it. If he did change his mind and do so, and became Shogun, many Japanese, including the Emperor, would be opposed to it. While only a tiny few would follow, the rest would not. Also, Japan being colonised is near impossible either way. Best one could get is some sort of small port (similar to OTL Macau), or just a city (say, Nagasaki), but the whole nation becoming a colony is really not possible.
However, there are still ways Japan can still avoid becoming isolated, and become more open. This particular one, is quite difficult, but slightly possible. -Seiga 2014 July 12, 20:42 (CET)
Just as long as his successors doesn't enforce it on all of the populace, it should be okay, and Japan can remain open and avoid isolation. -Seiga 2014 July 13, 07:28 (CET)
Ottoman Empire/Damascan Sultanate:
Hey so I'd just like to let you know I have been playing as the Ottomans/Damascans. I will try and make you proud and unite all of the Middle East under our flag. Thank you for setting me up with a strong nation. Your dedication and skill is most appreciated, I hope to make you proud. SwankyJ (talk) 23:28, July 12, 2014 (UTC)
Louis II and the Jagiellons
In all likelihood, his heirs would not even be considered for the Polish crown.
You've got to remember, the Commonwealth had an elective monarchy - not a theoretical one like in modern Denmark, but a real one.
Most likely, they elect a Pole or someone that the nobles think they can dominate. Louis' heirs, don't fit either way.
As for the map... idiots.
Thanks for the recent tips; as you see, I'm quite new to this wiki. I'll probably be making a lot more mistakes later on. Again, thanks for the help!
Hey ChrisL123! I'm glad to read your comments. The truth is that I have raised this OTL as an allegory about geopolitical conflicts in the present and how this would not be too much different as the world that we know. About your questions:
1) The Umayyad and Abbasid(until 9th century) Caliphates represents de facto a restoration of the "Darius' Empire". I mean, this empires were a centralized monarchies in opposition of the Sasanian feudal monarchy. So, I propose a transformation of the Sasanian Empire in a centralized monarchy after a brief civil war: the Pahlavian Empire. This empire would be a "Darius' Empire" similar to Umayyad/Abbasid Caliphates but Mazdaist and the consequences in the Roman Empire of Constantiple would be very similar. As in the case of the Abbasid Caliphate, this empire breakdown in 9th century and will be disestablished after the Turk conquest of Ctesiphon in 11th century.
2) The Roman Empire would survive as a Greek Empire like in the real timeline. They would suffer Persian invasions instead of Arab invasions, but also Turk invasions since 11th century. I have to recognize that Constantinople issue is not easy. In my opinion I have two options: (a) the Hellenization of the Turks installed in Anatolia as a kind of "turcopoles" that will be essential for the restoration of Constantinople power in Anatolia and the Mediterranian after the 14th century (plus the fact that Constantinople would not have been taken by the Crusaders in 1204); (b) the emergence of a Turkish Empire centered in Crimea and expanded until Kyrgyzstan that would be adherent of a syncretic monotheistic religion with Tengrist roots or maybe Nestorian. Anyway, I used both and the Eastern Roman Empire will be survive until 19th century with the emergences of nationalisms.
3) Actually, a intervention of the Moors in the Visigothic kingdom during the litigium of Witiza's sons against Ruderic as in the real timeline would be possible to succeed, because the main motivation wasn't religious. The religiousity may cause the differences between the Catholic Europe and the Moorish Africa. Moorish would be adherent to a different kind of Christianity that don't believe in the Trinity and don't recognize Pope's authority (like the circumcellions in 4th century). However, Carthage remains Catholic due to its intense Romanization. Iberian Peninsula will suffered a similar "Reconquista" (but as a struggle between Catholics and Moorish) that results as we know.
4) The Crusades would exist because the Seljukian Turks would invade Holy Land as in the real timeline. In addition, the Crusades were a first exemple of Western imperialism (as Israel today) and was an exit for the Frankish over-population in 11th-12th centuries.
5) Islamic Golden Age: this would exist but not as a continuous based on the religion. While Europe was in the Dark Ages, it would be a Persian Renaissance (but Mazdaist) and a Moorish Golden Age. A Coptic Egypt (until 9th century under Persian administration) and a Greek Pentapolis would be the nexus between Western Moors and Eastern Romans and Persians. The Mediterranean would be geopolitically divided in North-West (Catholic Europe with Germanic roots) vs. South-West (Moorish Africa) and East (Egypt, Persia and Roman Empire).
6) Yes, chaos theory is an issue I haven't had much in mind. However, of course I have done changes between relation of the non-existence of Islam: cases of Catalonia, Quebec, Yiddishland, Lusatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Bessarabia, Bosnia, Serbia, Arabia, Turkey, Greece, Tibet, Armenia. But I recognize that I did conservatives changes for the understanding of the allegory. Anyway, this is all a distraction.
7) That's an important issue as I've appointed in (2). However, I think this classical conception of the trade routes is wrong: while the emergence of the Ottoman empire was one of the causes, much less was the only. Henry the Navigator did his travels before the fall of Constantinople. It's the same case of the Castilian conquest of the Canaries.
Thank you for your welcome!
No Napoleon Adoption
Hello. I was wondering if I could adopt your timeline No Napoleon as it appears it has been inactive for a while. I would like to expand on it some more. Certain parts are incomplete, so I wanted to finish the timeline and maybe add some more on if possible. ( United Republic 00:47, September 17, 2014 (UTC))
I was planning on expanding the article on the United States and adding and article for Prussia. I'll see if there's anything else that can be expanded and/or added. ( United Republic 22:27, September 17, 2014 (UTC))
I only just saw your comments on the A Violent Peace talkpage, lol.
Thank you for taking time to answer my questions, but I am looking for a little bit more than that. In some areas, I'm not sure which part you are replying too, though I may have added more questions after you answered.
Thanks again, and if you, or anyone you know, could answer my remaining questions, that would be great.
I also seem to be having trouble logging in. I keep typing my password in right, but it's not letting me in.
Unless I have the wrong password written down...
18.104.22.168 02:23, January 31, 2015 (UTC)Canuck2012
Old Nicholas II
I noticed you uploaded a picture of an aged Nicholas II. Who is the picture actually of?
03:12, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
I knew he looked familiar! I was going to use him for Nicholas II in my TL before I realized that he quasi-existed in it as a member of the British Royal Family. Thanks anyway.
03:26, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
Cesar of Rome
Its by far my favorite TL on here and I was wondering if you were ever going to expand it. Prince Octavian , of Jerusalem, Sicily, and Swabia, and Duke of Amalfi.
Using a flag
Guten tag, Chris.
A while ago, I created a nation in NationStates and went looking for a flag. I've been using one of your flags for Greater Kerguelens for my nation (specifically the flag of Frisland for the nation of Rohendia ) for a few years now, but I want to know if you're OK with me continuing to use the flag. When I first started using the flag, I had the IQ of a peanut and didn't realize that I would need permission of the flag owner to use it. It wasn't until recently that I realized "oh shit, someone made this flag" and that I should probably ask if I want to continue using the flag. So can I use the flag? If not, I can probably make my own flag for the nation.
Hello Chris! It has been a while.
How are you doing? So due to Monster Pumpkin's interest, I have been getting back into TGN, and I was wanting your thoughts as to what you think of the changes that have been done and the ones we are proposing so far (have a look at mine and MP's talkpages). We even got Godfrey back onto the bus, so I was wondering if there was any chance of doing the same for you haha.
So I have done some thinking, and Manuela stays! I now understand what you mean about the Spanish catching a break, and honestly I feel like Manuela may have been good to send rebels and groups of people who did not get along well in Spain (and may have a distinct linguistic indentity - I'm looking at you, Basque). LG, year ago, argued that the Spanish colony made sense and I have come to agree. The same with Louisville, it would be very interesting to see how its development takes place. If you do fire me a response message, I'd like to discuss the colony and the eventual nation with you.
The New Dorset idea was also trash. It was actually quite funny because me and MP discussed having it join Canada, and then I rediscovered the references for it to join Canada and I felt as if life had come full circle. Currently it is planned to be an independent dominion, but your opinion will sway the decision lol. Rossland, on the other hand, is now going to be part of the UK! Your thoughts on that would be appreciated lol.
I plan on having the Norse actually survive and come under Danish rule. Details still sketchy on that one but believe me I have some butterflies for the Danish Kingdom planned.Hope to see you about! Impishly yours, Imp (Say Hi?!) 06:39, July 6, 2018 (UTC)