|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
The Alternate History Wiki is a project for all communities concerned with creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever growing collection of alternative histories.
Ireland in Scotland say "Yes"
Hello there CnocBride - thank you, I feel i've been neglecting pages such as Ireland, so thank you - i had quite forgot about the recent elections :) If you like, you can edit the Ireland page a bit - i doubt much will be different (yet) but history, etc. is useful. Additionaly i'm planning on making a page on the Common Travel Area between the UK and ROI, but your'e welcome to edit. Any other edits on SSY you're welcome to do as well :) May i just remind you, however, to sign your posts in talk pages with four tildes (~). If you do want to contribute a wee bit more to SSY, please leave a message on my page :) Bryce III - ☕ Tea? 18:14, May 29, 2016 (UTC)
Hello, yes - I have been thinking of Brexit. In OTL, of course, the referendum was a pledge by the Tories, but they did not win the Election - Ed Miliband, and as such no referendum occurred. However, I plan for the next government to be a Tory one, and they will certainly put forth a referendum, which shall probably also succeed. However, at the same time the UK will be federalising itself. This is occuring from 2018 onwards. Bryce III - ☕ Tea? 19:44, August 31, 2016 (UTC)
Greetings. Recently, you have uploaded a file on this site that is a duplication of another. Please keep in mind that many of the files found across Wikimedia have also been uploaded to this site — all under the same names and types. These files can easily be found by searching for the file's name in the search bar. If you are using the "visual" mode for editing and uploading, please be advised that you will be required to use underscores (
_) instead of spaces when searching for a file (e.g., "Flag_of_Canada.svg" and not "Flag of Canada.svg" [do not forget to add the file type within the name]). In the event that the file you require is not already uploaded to this site, it would be very appreciated that you upload the standard file used on Wikimedia as a courtesy to current and future users.
The following uploads have have been removed from this site, and have been replaced with the following correct files:
Please try not to let this happen again. Do not re-upload this file or remove this message from your talk page. Be advised that while this message is simply a warning, continuing to upload duplications will result in the temporary suspension of your account. Thank you for your cooperation. -- NuclearVacuum 21:50, October 9, 2016 (UTC)
Flag of England and Wales
Hello, CnocBride. I noticed that you have uploaded a flag of England and Wales. I'd just like to point out a minor error in the flag, namely that the white parts shouldn't be there, because they are also part of the Scottish flag. Just a friendly note. Thanks! — T I M (TSW • AH • MGW • Contribs) 23:00, October 9, 2016 (UTC)
Just letting you know that you recently uploaded a second duplication onto this site. As mentioned previously, this is not allowed.
Please be advised that a third duplication will now result in the temporary suspension of your account. Please try not to let this happen again. Thank you. -- NuclearVacuum 21:47, October 16, 2016 (UTC)
- No need to worry. I'm always happy to help.
- Here we go
- Go onto Wikipedia or Wikimedia Commons and locate the exact file you wish to use. Example Link.
- Locate and copy the file's URL. Example:
- On the page you are editing, select the "Image" tool. In the search box, paste the URL of the file you desire. The majority of the time, if the file you desire is indeed on this site, it should appear automatically.
- If the Desired File Fails to Show Up
- Return to the desired URL (step 2 from before). Rather than copying the entire URL, only select and copy the ending portions which possess the file's actual name (everything after the colon [:]). Example:
- Past this portion of the URL into the search box and try again. Now you should [hopefully] see the desired file. Select and use.
- If Both of These Systems Fail to Find Anything
- This usually means the desired file does not exist or [rarely] was renamed by Wikimedia and now lost within our systems. Either way, go ahead and upload the file you wish to use.