|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
We are a community for creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever-growing collection of timelines.
Some other helpful reference pages:
Some general tips:
- 1 Night of the Living Alternate History
- 2 PMII
- 3 KTC Trade Council
- 4 Chat
- 5 TOTAL WAR
- 6 In the Ruins of the French Empire
- 7 PM2 East Africa Federation
- 8 PM3: Call to War
- 9 im calling on you now
- 10 German Union
- 11 German Union
- 12 HRE Reform
- 13 Hey
- 14 Help please
- 15 RE: Making my leave
- 16 Dear contributer of Atomic Winter (Map Game)
- 17 Elections
- 18 Atomic winter reminder
- 19 RE: 1550 HRE chancellor elections
- 20 Duplication
- 21 Chat?
- 22 Warning
- 23 Stereotypes blog
- 24 Chancellor Stuff
- 25 The 1848 Game (Map Game)
- 26 Help me out in PM3?
- 27 Handling Bohemia
- 28 An Apology
- 29 Secret Santa Giveaway
- 30 Novum Saeculum
- 31 PM III colony
- 32 The Long Build
- 33 Apology
- 34 Axis vs Allies Resurrection
- 35 Re:Westphalia
- 36 PMIII Borealia
- 37 ava denmark
- 38 Military Intervention
- 39 Re: German Unification
- 40 About The Struttgart Treaty
- 41 Why?
- 42 PM3
- 43 Chat
- 44 Dawn of War
Night of the Living Alternate History
what do you want so to sell your madagascar colony to Rome? I will allow you full access to the lands and right of passage as well as grant your citizens citizenship in Rome. Also Rome will help in all future Normandyish conflicts, but Normandy doesnt have to help Rome. Rome is willing to give you 5 tons of gold and 3 tons of silver for it. DS|Fear the Mutated Dean Sims Bomb, Fear It 20:17, April 22, 2013 (UTC)
Hey buddy i don't believe we have spoken before so i will introduce myself. I am Hailstormer and i am playing as the Koori Union in PMII. As you may have seen i have colonised the two islands above Tasmania and named them the Koori Islands, and as a result of this i have two questions. Firstly, would you be at all interested in selling your colony somewhere down the line? Secondly, i plan to colonise the north part of the island, and i was curious if you would be interested if i offered an alliance and trade deal when i do so? Hailstormer (talk) 20:37, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry about the delay in replying, my laptop has been having some serious problems keeping an internet connection. Whilst i would be happy to split the island, to be honest it wouldn't be my first choice option. The idea of a joint political/economic zone is also interesting, but i fear that in the time period we are in it would be unrelalistic. The trade off you speak of i believe is both the most benificial and plausible out of all of them. I don't know if you have read my current post, but i have just gained access to modern ship building techniques and designs that will put me on par with any other nation on earth. My next move is going to be to create the Koori Trading Company, or KTC, to manage all trading of the Koori Union. Since this shall be under the control of the Grand Council, it will have a great political use. You ask if you could use my ports and trade routes in return for your colony, not only will i agree to this, but i will also offer you free shipping of Norman goods on KTC ships. However, if you read what happened with the deal i had with Japan, this deal will have to form over the course of a couple of years. Luckily it won't be longer as the treasure trove of knowledge i gained when the SOC left shall give me some expertise on french by the time we meet, so relations will hopefully run smoothly. I will also gladly accept an alliance and trade agreement between the Koori Union and Normandy. I hope what i have said interests you and would like to hear from you soon. Hailstormer (talk) 22:19, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Hello once again. I have discussed with the mods and sadly they are adament you do not have a colony in Tasmania. However i plan to stand by my word. You may retain membership in the KTC and instead of ceding control of Tasmania to me all i request is you do not attempt to colonise it in 1700 as it will be under my control. I am also going to offer an alliance to Normandy this turn as well and i hope you accept this also. Hailstormer (talk) 16:03, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
You can't colonize Tasmania at the current time period. OTL It wasn't even discovered yet. And similar to the rest of Australia. A colony at the present time is not profitable on the other side of the world and with no infrastructure or a strong water and food supply. Scandinator (talk) 09:58, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
About Normandy: first, i added your colony. but, first, you can't already start expanding a colony by 2000 sq km, or something like that.for the first five years its just 200 sq km.You also can only expand by 2000 sq km when your first colony is more than 50 years old , and you can't found more than colonies in less than 50 years, as you've just done.--Collie Kaltenbrunner (talk) 07:18, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
Explaining, your colonial expansion right now is 1000 sq km.that Hudson Bay colony only can expand by 200 sq km until it is more than 5 years old, and that expansion of all your colonies, combined, must get to 1000 sq km, until your first colony is over 50 years old, when the summed expansion must be up to 2000.I think that you can keep that colony on Hudson bay, given that the Tasmanian colony never existed.--Collie Kaltenbrunner (talk) 16:03, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
KTC Trade Council
please join me on chat
In the Ruins of the French Empire
PM2 East Africa Federation
Okay it is finished now, you can have the Federation. Your colour is bright red on the map. Here is the nation page too.
If you post as the East Africa Federation you will be posting as all 10 nations of the Federation at once, e.g. the East Africa Federation builds up its military. Or you can post as each one of the ten nations separately (e.g. a post for Mombasa, a post for Zanzibar, etc.). Or you can combine the two and post as the Federation and in the post as individual nations within your post. E.g. "The East Africa Federation builds up its military and Mtwara expands 10,000 sq km inland".
I'm more than happy to let you play as Normandy but understand that they are a liberal republic and under Benelux and Italian protection along with Brittany and the British Isles. Scandinator (talk) 07:59, September 25, 2013 (UTC)
PM3: Call to War
Seeming as the Austrians have finally decided to find a way to attack, it is time to crush them.
I was wondering whether you wanted to join this war, I'll happily invite you, seeming as you are the ally of Brabant-Hainaut-Holland.
As soon as we win the war, provided you joined the coalition, I can grant you nearby Austrian lands as to help you expand.
Thanks for all help.
im calling on you now
im pulling out of the hre, austria is to scary for me now so im going to make a break for it. im calling on you if we win you get all your claims and parts of austria Nkbeeching (talk) 00:18, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
The German Union page is up, feel free to add the rest of your vassals.
I don't know if you saw my message on the talk page or not, but it's a bit implausible to have actual elections. Electing states like how the emperor is elected is okay, but not an actual republic. It would probably make sense if heads of state voted among themselves for the position of chancellor. Mscoree (talk) 21:02, March 17, 2014 (UTC)
Hey the reform for the Holy Roman Empire was posted. Please sign it so we can integrate the GU as soon as possible.
I interacted with your civil war, and Christofo (married to Eleanor's sister Isabell, and helping Eleanor) went to assist with 1000 soldiers (comprised of 200 heavy horse, 300 pikemen and 500 archeres) ending the year in Austrian territory on his way into southern Bavaria. I was interested in how things are going to progress because the war seems to have just ended. Although I do remember the English Anarchy, a war in which two claimants to the English crown were fighting, one captured the other but their failure to establish and secure law and order meant that in the end the other won.
Culmination is always the best way, maybe have it so that Eleanor has some difficulty ruling, as she rubs up the wrong nobles by doing the right thing rather than the clever thing. For example:
- Turn 1: A lord faces trouble with peasants paying taxes, he attacks them with knights and takes the tax due (has happened, peasants were basically poo on your shoes unless the lord was a nice man but half of them really just completely though peasants were insects), he reports this to Eleanor and demands she helps lords with the tax issues. She responds by showing that she doesn't agree with his action and institutes a law that protects peasants from violent retribution and maybe establishes a commoners court to resolve issues where taxes cannot be paid and other local issues (lords used to be the law in their area of the woods so this'll make many upset but is actually a very righteous thing to do), maybe she also lowers taxes.
- Turn 2: Then an opportunistic and powerful (a Kingmaker, or should I say Queenmaker?) lord takes advantage of many disgruntled lords and states that Eleanor cannot rule justly in the eyes of her lords and should be removed. He'll maybe spread some propaganda and promises to other lords about how Jacqueline believes in the right of a lord to govern his lands.
- Turn 3: Then he'll move to free Jacqueline, maybe he just keeps her imprisoned in his own way, planning to seat her on the throne and rule through her if necessary. Or maybe him and Jacqueline will be comrades in arms (or maybe they even marry to cement a powerful alliance), moving to restore the rights of nobles and defeat the peasant-loving Eleanor. Many lords rise in support of Jacqueline and many lords, who once supported Eleanor are hesitant to even get involved. Eleanors hard core supporters rise however and muster a good force.
- Turn 4-5: Now we have two years of maybe 3 battles a year, then Eleanors forces are finally crushed in an important battle. She then flees with her loyalist lords to somewhere safe (maybe Venice, considering Christofo's involvement).
- Turn 6-10: Now let Jacqueline rule for a few years, maybe quite well like Richard of York did after he took the Throne in England during the War of the Roses. But maybe have it so that there is a key issue that undermines her rule, such as the Queenmaker lord practically ruling through her and people criticising her for it. Eleanor, unable to match the power of Jacqueline does whatever she can to get support and maybe she even gets close to negotiating her way to returning without retribution.
- Turn 11: Jacqueline now decides to make a decision against her Queenmaker lord after another powerful lord dies without any heirs. He demands that the lands be granted to him as they are next to his. Jacqueline refuses and instead grants them to a few loyalists to her regime. Then the Queenmaker rebels demanding that Eleanor seat the throne. Christofo (who will probably be Doge by now) gives leave for Eleanor to take a large Venetian army north to Bavaria.
- Turn 12: The combined forces of Eleanor and the Queenmaker defeat Jacqueline. Eleanor then has the Queenmaker arrested and executed only a few minutes after the victory is certain and her forces decimate the unexpecting forces of the Queenmaker. Eleanor then attainders the Queenmakers heir and removes his land and spreads it about amongst a load of minor lords (these could be the ones that fled with her as well as those who helped her, maybe some Venetians even get some land for their part in supporting her claim, because I'm pretty sure some Venetian nobles would jump at the opportunity to gain land), ending the issue of an overmighty lord and becoming a lesson of never allowing one lord to become too powerful.
- Turn 13: Jacqueline flees the country to an unknown destination (maybe its rumoured she is pregnant too, therefore if you need an interesting moment in the future you can summon it up again). Eleanor returns to her throne and begins exacting more reforms that make the country a better place and with her hardcore supporters (and maybe Ventian nobles who are used to and favour these kind of progressive reforms) she never faces usurpation again.
That's just an idea though. Love to work things out more, the current above skeleton plan for how a conflict might pan out is probably the way to go. So we should try and get one together or if you like this one then use it! :) KunarianTALK 10:00, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, I noticed you posted, check out my posts as Venice and such there is already something to do with the situation in Bavaria. More will probably come, please do comment! KunarianTALK 10:48, April 9, 2014 (UTC)
In PM3, we got a war going on. The other members of the former German Union, (Oldenburg, Hamburg, and me, Hesse,) are fighting a war against Saxony and her allied partners + rebelling states of Hesse. We would like to know if you could help us, as that would be greatly appreciated. Blocky858 (talk) 01:28, April 17, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Making my leave
Dear contributer of Atomic Winter (Map Game)
I have codified the beliefs of the Centrist Party here. Please, please, please spread this link around. It has a tutorial about Wiki Politics, our mission, goals, and an action plan, the history of our Party, and what makes us different as a political party.
If you have a desire to run for President, please say so on my talk page. The leadership of the party will then assess the slew of potential candidates and make our determination.
Hello! I am Reximus55, founder and facilitator of the Centrist Party. I am contacting you to let you know that you the Government Simulation Elections are today! Go here: User blog:Mscoree/June Election to vote.
I do not want to tell you how to vote, but if you'd like to stand for all the things that make this wiki great, leave a comment under Ms' comment saying
If you have any questions, please catch me on chat or drop a message on my Talk Page.
Atomic winter reminder
Thanks for joining the game as a start.
There is a problem every time you post... You add both of your scores by 0.25 or more.
However, the rules clearly say that you can only increase one of your scores by 0.25 every single year.
I'm not sure if you are doing this intentionally or you don't know the rules...
I hope you do not do this again. If want to know more, please visit the Rules page for Atomic Winter.
RE: 1550 HRE chancellor elections
Nah, if I run I'll probably nominate a noble from a city of mine. Like you said when we created the GU, its kinda weird a person in chancellor five years but rules his country for life. I am that guy (talk) 22:57, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
Greetings. Recently, you have uploaded a file on this site that is a duplicate of another. Please keep in mind that many of the files used on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons have also been uploaded to this site — with all of them having been uploaded under the same file names used on those sites (making it quite easy to locate any files you may need). If you are using the "Visual" mode for editing and uploading, please be advised that you will be required to use underscores (
_) instead of spaces when searching for a file (e.g., "Flag_of_Canada.svg" and not "Flag of Canada.svg"). In the event that the file you acquire has not already been uploaded onto this site, than we highly recommended that you upload the standard file used on Wikipedia and/or Wikimedia Commons as a courtesy to current and future users.
The following uploads have have been removed from this site, and have been replaced with the following correct files:
Please try not to let this happen again. Do not re-upload this file. Do not remove this message from your talk page. Disciplinary actions will be taken if duplications continue. Thank you. -- NuclearVacuum 00:37, June 28, 2014 (UTC)
No Israel/Zionist world domination plots.
Some Alt-histories either remove Israel from the map, crush it, crush Palestine or claim a Israeli plan to take over the Middle East and thus the world by the 1990s.
Well, a couple of Turkish chaps wrote on a Turkish Alt-hist board about 2-3 years ago various stuff on short Alt-hist stories about just that and got some support from other users. The board close about a year ago, I wonder why? I think it's obvious why.Whipsnade (talk) 23:00, July 27, 2014 (UTC)
The 1848 Game (Map Game)
The 1848 Game (Map Game) starts on August 20th. Would you like to join? Mexico, France, Netherlands, Brazil, Papal states, Spain, China, Japan and the Ottomans are open for picking, as are some other minor states.
Help me out in PM3?
Since Scar is banned, and whilst doing a mock algo I noticed I can't top him solo, I need you to help me with Bohemia. Scar declared Poland and enemy of the state and I plan on abusing that to pressure Bohemia into removing enemy-of-the-state status from Poland and forcing it to annex all vassal except for Silesia. SkyGreen24(Party,quotes) 17:47, November 10, 2014 (UTC)
Sorry if you misheard my words. I never meant "going crazy" to mean "on the course to becoming insane", simply meaning "going to crazy extents". Besides that, I now feel that I targetted you and Harv after the argument was over and kickstarted the whole thing again. Sorry about that, I'll try to be nicer next time. —Bfoxius (talk)
Secret Santa Giveaway
If you are being contacted it means that you won a free game in the Secret Santa Giveaway. To redeem your free prize reply back to me with your steam username, email, or some other form of contact information, or find me on chat as soon as possible.
Also if you have not already done so, make sure you send your gift to your designated target.
When you get a chance, I would like to talk to you about something in the chat.
Just a note that Novum Saeculum is starting soon.
PM III colony
Hi, my name is Nathan, and I'm fairly new here on the alternate history wiki. I was hoping to get some experience with map games here, so I was thinking of joining PM III as one of the former Spanish colonies. Perusing through the Treaty of Toledo, I see that you as Bavaria have obtained a new colony in Northern California. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to let me play as a country there, obviously as a colony of Bavaria or a vassal of New Bavaria.
The Long Build
I want to say I'm sorry for the way I acted on chat this evening, pertaining to our earlier argument. At the time I was unsure on how the vassals-to-algorithms system worked, in my mind making more vassals would make me weaker (perhaps a shortcoming of the algorithm system). I wasn't aware of how that operated, I merely wanted to create some interesting subdivisions, and as such have disallowed my vassals from being used in algorithms. Regardless, the way I acted was wrong, and I apologize for arguing and getting mad. It was not my intention to start an argument in chat, or get members of chat pinned against you, and I am sorry if it seemed as such. Anyway, I hope we can move past this event and not let it hurt our relationship on the wiki. Thanks - Ratcolor (talk) 03:34, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
Axis vs Allies Resurrection
In Axis vs. Allies, I was wondering if you'd sell Greenland to me (Canada).
I completely understand where you're coming from, it would naturally be ASB and meta for Oldenburg to take Westphalia through force or for it to just fall to Oldenburg apropos of nothing. As Tr0llis pointed out, Ms did imply that some sort of personal union would be the go, however my current lack of a Royal family effectively makes that option out of the question. I'm glad that Westphalia will remain an operational country despite its NPC status; having a failed state right next to me would not be much fun, haha. Just for clarification though, if I did gain a royal family, would a royal marriage leading to personal union/stronger ties be out of the question? Also, I assume this applies equally to Hamburg, Rhineland, and Bavaria?
Not at all, thank you for bringing it to my attention!
Hi Cookie, I just recently got your message
Ello, can you get onto chat ASAP to talk about Intervening in Scandinavia?-Lx (leave me a message) 01:15, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
Re: German Unification
About The Struttgart Treaty
I do not understand something in the treaty for pm3. Lombardy will be able to temporarily occupy the Autonomous Province of Sardinia for ten years. Why for 10 years? It would have been easier to just let me have it than to occupy it for ten years. - Scarlet Outlaw
Why did you change back to the incorrect spellings?
fluOrescent, telEvision and satELlites are the correct spellings.
fluorescent, television, satellite
If you're able, I'd like to have a quick chat with you on chat sometime soon. It'd be some small matters pertaining to some possibilities in the PM successor game. Willster22 (User talk:Willster22) 22:43, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
Dawn of War
Dawn of War has started, Please refer to me if you have any questions about your nations or the game. Have Fun and Enjoy
Join the chat nigga :v