|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
The Alternate History Wiki is a project for all communities concerned with creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever growing collection of alternative histories.
Are you a star trek fan?? :D Imperium Guy 14:44, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah. I did recently attempt to build a timeline based on the Mirror Universe, but when I learned of the rule on this site prohibiting alternate timelines based on existant fictional work, I immediatly deleted the timeline and asked the staff to nuke the cached files. Since pretty much every single Star Trek site frowns upon specualtion of the mirror universe, I now concider my timeline lost.Experiment632 14:56, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Not if I can help it. Memory Gamma , a fanon star trek site. Do you know when Vosk altered the timeline in Star Trek enterprise. I have been able to start my own timeline there on what happens . It is great. You can expand at will (your timeline). Even create ships of the mirror universe!! :D Imperium Guy 15:06, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh wow. Yeah, if you have any further suggestions for advancing the timeline, please let me know. Also I see you seem to like my Red Scare World timeline. I have since then made a major overhaul, throwing out unrealistic elements in order to get rid of the alien space bats tag. Somehow I have a feeling that sooner or later, staff will begin a systematic deletion of all timelines stuck with the alien space bats tag.Experiment632 15:12, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- I like the revised version much better. Better flags, better timeline in general. Grim, but no immortal Stalin (yay!!). Just wondering why has the USSR still got the Stanlist in its name?? (oh, I once read on the talkpage on the roselvat incedednt and if it actually happened, we would have taken great strides in everything, well, haven't we actually!!) :D Imperium Guy 15:25, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, yeah. Kind of an althistory opposite effect to OTL destalinization. Instead, Stalin is praised so much as a great leader in his act of liberating Europe and North America that the nation changes its name slightly by switching out Socialist with Stalinist. In fact I plan to name the Mirrorverse Soviet Union on the Gamma Site the same way.Experiment632 15:35, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- What is the basic outline of you mirrorverse timeline as I never (unfortunately) got round to reading it. What happens, because the Terran Empire is meant to be an empire of the whole world. :D Imperium Guy 15:37, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Well fortunatly, unlike Althistory wiki, I won't have to worry about avoiding showing the Mirror Universe beyond 2011. I have to do a lot of editing to make sure it looks good, and I will very likely be editing the map as well so it may be a while. Obvioulsy, the MIrrorverse version of the US will control all North America and will still occupy Japan. Germany will be ruled by the Kaisar while Soviet Russia has not denounced Stalin's policies. As for South America and Australia, I still have some details to work out. I may have them as puppet regimes of the North American Empire.Experiment632 17:49, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Cool. I read your work, it seems to be going really well. I like it. I would ask you to give imput on my work because you seem to be doing a better job on your timeline than mine on MG. :D Imperium Guy 10:35, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
I kinda edited the former colonies bit to make it seem more realistic (in my opinion). Is it okay?? :D Imperium Guy 21:54, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
Perfect! Yeah, I had intended to add that when I revised the map however I must have overlooked it. By the way, I made an overhaul to the Oriental-Soviet War. Instead of how I had it before, I made it more of a Korean War-like conflict which ended after several years with no true winner: The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere lost a bit of territory to the USSR while the USSR gained an equal amount of territory. Also the very bad leadership of Vyacheslav Molotov resulted in a coup led by Nikita Khrushchev who quickly negogiates a cease-fire with the Japanese-Chinese led coalition to end the unpopular war in East Asia. Experiment632 02:04, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
I like it, its cool!! :D Imperium Guy 08:58, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
You mean Defcon--Everybody Dies? Yes I do. In fact I recently built a new game mod depicting the Cold War in the 1980's.
I live in Seattle myself, so if you need any like information about it I would be happy to help.
- Sorry, wrong article.
- I have restored your article Occupation of Seattle (Atlantic Resolve). You'll have to go through the article history, but all of your edits are there. -- NuclearVacuum 00:23, April 20, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks a Bunch!
Hey dude, thanks for helping me clean up the infobox in the World War 3 page for Putin's ambition. Means a lot to me and I'm glad that you are giving suggestions for the scenario. Thanks a lot! Davidmarantz2003 (talk) 21:44, December 20, 2018 (UTC)
Answering Your Questions
Thank you for your feedback, anyway, here are some answers to your questions reguarding the Putin Ambition's timeline.
1. Yes, the West Virginia Militiamen where not alligned with Baldwin in the slightest, they despised Baldwin but also disliked the Tyrannical nature of the CSTO and BRICS.
2. The Russians certainly did not withdraw overnight, Russians have a large presence within the USA (especially the West Coast) Though some areas the CSTO and BRICS have lost complete control over (i.e. The Deep South, parts of Texas, as well as rebellions throughout midwestern states such as Ohio. Though for the most part, the CSTO and BRICS have presence within the United States in order to help the administration of Richard Ojeda and quell nationalist rebellions.
3. This is correct, though some bases have been destroyed in the wars, others were abandoned due to high prices, and some rebels have occupied these bases in certain occasions.
4. Yes, nuclear weapons are indeed included in this rule.
5. Joint Administration between the Seattle Government and the USA
6. By the government, yes.
Answering your concerns reguarding Putin's Ambition
7. Not necessarily, While Russia occupies the US, Russia does not have enough money to fully fund the US as a sattlelite state and Russia still receives fierce resistance from US militias
8. Kennedy Stewart is President of the Seattle Republic. I may use either the official flag of the city of seattle, the Cascadia flag, or a custom flag. Government resembles one of an iliberal democracy seen in places such as Venezeula or Turkey
9. The UN was neutral throughout the war and only was involved in the post war world of the mid 2010s.
10.Thanks for letting me know, I'll use him.
1. That is up to interpretation, the scenario stops on January 1st, 2019. Whether a Civil War occurs or not is completely up to the reader's interpretation.
2. Not a resurection of the Fallen American Empire, but rather the rise of the European Union as a global power. Though Ojeda's goverment has grown more defiant of Moscow in recent years. This is seen when President Ojeda retook BRICS/UN occupied D.C in November of 2017. So that may act as a reason for BRICS to stay in tact.
3. That is a good point, I may add him, though he never formally took the title of "President" and did not have an inaguration, I may add him under "Acting Presidents"
4. Yes, I have seen the Atlantic Resolves and I like the direction your taking your scenario in, we both started our scenarios at around a similar time and with a similar subject.
I have included the head of the Russian occupation in North America as an acting President.Click here if you'd like to see an updated President list.
Assasination of Vyacheslav Borisov
The Terrorist Group known as the "Arizona Cowboys" assasinated Vyacheslav Borisov. It's events like this, the occupation of Washington D.C, and the 2018 Chinatown bombing which will lead to a second American revolution, such an event will lead to a possible reunification of the BRICS. Once i fleshed out all events leading up to January 1st, 2019. Then i'll work on a second American revolution live event which will last until 2020 if I am able execute it properly. Vyacheslav Borisov's death is one of the many events leading up to this. Davidmarantz2003 (talk) 19:53, December 25, 2018 (UTC)
It very may well be that Russia will seek total occupation, leading to the Second American revolution and Ojeda fully distancing himself from Russia. It's also important to note that George W. Bush leads the Arizona Cowboys.
UN to support re-occupation of North America
The UN supporting such is a possibility especially given the rebel groups causing tension and instability within the USA. And also, it is very likely that the Seattle Republic's flag will be some sort of modified Cascadian flag. Alaska is directly obsorbed into Russia as an oblast.
Also reguarding the comments on the West Coast in the 2016 Elections, the Russian occupying forces rigged California (a democratic stronghold that should've gone to Larsen) in favor of Richard Ojeda as they believed that Ojeda would cooperate with Russia and stay neutral.
Hm... good question.
My guess is that there'd still be an election, regardless of the hurdles mentioned.
The US went through [pretty much] the same situation for the 1864 elections. The Civil War was still ongoing, Lincoln had to still run for re-election, and those living in the Confederacy were omitted from the election.
The only difference is that Obama can't run for a third term in office (due to the 22nd Amendment). In fact, the outbreak of WWII was one of the reasons FDR was able to run and win four terms in office. He'd be constitutionally required to step down in 2017.
You've pretty much hit the nail on the coffin. But a bigger issue is that a nuclear exchange would likely happen if the US is directly attacked (let alone NATO). But I don't wish to ruin your timeline or prevent you from expanding upon it. The ASB tags are merely that (tags). So please don't feel discouraged. -- NuclearVacuum 05:44, January 1, 2019 (UTC)
- No need to worry. There is absolutely nothing wrong with ASB timelines. Please don't think they are inherently bad or that you are bad for writing them, ASB timelines are just as enjoyable as any other. So please don't feel like your timeline is crap and that you need to completely rewrite it. Continue with it as you would.
- The tags that are currently added onto your timeline are all that is required. Unless you wish to incorporate wizards or aliens into the mix, than you are all good.
- As for any suggestions, frankly... keep going as you were. I still find the timeline enjoyable (слава, Россия). Keep this timeline going as is, and worry about making a more realistic timeline down the road.
- As for the off-topic remark, yep... that was me. Sorry, didn't mean to give you a panic attack. To be honest, a lot of users have been adding a lot of random code into my talk page as of late. I think this is a Wikia bug, so I usually just revert it without a second thought. So no need to worry.
More or less. I highly doubt the US would sit around and let the Russians invade their territory without threatening it. Also, the Russians are pretty smart themselves. They would also be aware that a full scale invasion and occupation would not only threaten their troops in the US, this would also put a BIG BULL'S EYE on Moscow for a nuclear shower. Putin may be ambitious, but he's still smart. This is why he's slowly pushing the limits in OTL. Invading Georgia and Ukraine is very different than doing so with the Pacific Northwest.
I don't see any way to make this timeline non-ASB without some form of nuclear exchange. You'd need to remove the threat of nuclear weapons for this to happen. -- NuclearVacuum 18:16, January 2, 2019 (UTC)
- Do forgive me. By "spamming," I mean constantly adding and retracting edits on my talk page. Whenever an edit is made, I get a notification about it. So after getting several a day, it gets annoying.
Please don't think I was referring to your timeline or your questions. All I ask is that you keep your revisions to a minimum.
- Also, I do have a Discord account you are welcomed to add and message me with. I rarely use it, but still handy if needed.
NuclearVacuum#1218-- NuclearVacuum 01:20, January 8, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry for the delayed response (a lot happening IRL).
I'm not sure about Korea. North Korea may attempt to re-invade with a weaker US. But it would also depend on China (where they stand).
My guess is that the US would run as if nothing happened (minus the affected areas). Best to keep the government working as if nothing had happened (Keep Calm and Carry On).
Sorry for the delayed response. Been very busy IRL.
In regards to your question, it depends on how far Russia would go.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as though Russia only occupies parts of Europe (at least as far as Germany). This would leave Western Europe to simply capitulate and remain as is.
If this is the case, it's very unlikely the EU would continue to exist (at least as we know it). It is possible that a NATO/EU-like organ is established in its place (perhaps retaining the old symbols and names), but it would [very likely] exclude anything Russian and disown the occupied territories (as they currently stand).
In all likelihood, TTL may be an ideal situation for Putun's Eurasian Union to come into being.
- Please refrain from creating new and multiple sections on my talk page. Please use the active one.
- Why would the Pacific Northwest want to join Russia? That really makes no sense. -- NuclearVacuum 05:35, February 11, 2019 (UTC)
- Due to the creation of new and multiple sections on your Talk Page, you want me to limit further correspondence on my Talk Page only? Furthermore should I group all my posts on your Talk Page into one category and delete any that weren't given any feedback? Experiment632 (talk) 06:33, April 9, 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah, there's been a glitch happening with Wikia as of late. Several images have been appearing like that at random. Nothing I can do about it except re-upload it. Should be working now. -- NuclearVacuum 04:30, February 19, 2019 (UTC)
- Country categories are only for the country in question, not miscellaneous things associated with them. -- NuclearVacuum 02:33, April 16, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry to scare you. There was nothing wrong with the image and you've done nothing wrong.
I usually delete images if they aren't being used after a period of time. It has been over 12 hours since you upload that image, so I removed it because it wasn't being used.
Thank you for your message!
In my mind, I think the OBX could entirely reject all relations, with the League of Nations, but might change to Observer status, in the face of a huge catastrophyStepintime (talk) 20:19, September 15, 2019 (UTC)
I have no knowledge on the national debt, so I can't give you an answer in regards to this.
As for the article, it was removed for having a similar name to another alternate history work. I'd be more than willing to revert it on the condition that the article's name be completely changed. -- NuclearVacuum 19:04, February 25, 2020 (UTC)
- No need to worry, as it's not that big of a deal. I've undeleted the article (linked here). Just please rename the article within a reasonable time frame. You will also need to revert the article a bit, but the previous history is still intact and available.
The only way to remove term limits for the president of the US is to adopt a new amendment to the constitution that voids the 22nd. This would need to pass Congress and be ratified by two-thirds of the states. This would be completely ASB given the time frame you described. Best case scenario, John McCain is secured the presidency. -- NuclearVacuum 03:39, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
I'm not too familiar with military actions and the like.
But IMHO, I don't think the US getting involved in the Georgian War would trigger WWIII (at least within itself). At best, it would make the threat of WWIII very real and this is why the US government and public would be hesitant to do so. But so long as the war was confined to protecting Georgia and not engaging with the Russians directly, my guess is it could be confined to a single war (but another close call). It's also very possible that the US/NATO getting involved could pressure the Russians to leave before things get too real.
- If you incorporated the notes I mentioned above, I don't believe it would be ASB (but only by a bit).
- Also, I'm no longer getting involved in categorizing timelines. Feel free to add whatever categories you feel are appropriate (you have my blessing). -- NuclearVacuum 16:56, March 21, 2020 (UTC)
I, personally speaking, would prefer to keep different timelines apart.
Pax Russiana - The Commonwealth
Would the commonwealth work to expand its membership to former commonwealth members? Given that many of the minor nations in the carribean and Africa would be left heavily impacted by such a global conflict, maybe they would become reliant on the old United Kingdom for support? Either that or get absorbed by Russia or China. Let me know what you think. We can email again since I have recovered my password.