Chile (1983: Doomsday)
Hey man you seem to know a lot about Chile. I was wondering if you could take a look at Chile (1983: Doomsday). I originally wrote the article, but in all honesty I know little about the nation besides what I found online. Mitro 02:24, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sorry about what happened in Chile. I hope you and your loved ones are alright. Mitro 02:16, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
Rise of Roses
I don't know when did Italian colonization of Patagonia start. I believe it was by 1601, as it includes Chile and I don't want to add too many wars with Spain. Fedelede 21:09, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for telling me that! Fed, I kinda think it is more plausible if it only starts in1846.
And thanks for showing interest in Rise of Roses!Eastward Expansion 21:59, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
Perfecto gracias! recuerda el template CWprop y solo para saber, cuando lo vas a hacer? VENEZUELA 22:52, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
No paso ningun conflicto, solo que los paises que declararon la guerra al Eje, antes del D-day si la declaran pero los de luego del D-day no la declaran, ya que sin la ayuda inglesa por que UK ya estaba rendida, D-day fue un completo desastre aliado... VENEZUELA 02:05, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
Bien! es GRANDIOSO que hayas echo el timeline! VENEZUELA 04:04, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
La depresion si pasa, y te dejo que elijas el POD. se libre! VENEZUELA 20:14, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
disculpa lo q paso, ni se como paso, pero solo para recordarte que salieron nuevos paises en Asia (India, Pakistan), Oceania (Australia), Europa (varios), Norte America (Canada), y Africa (sudafrica) y que Mexico fue Central Power en este TTL, saludos! VENEZUELA 22:13, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
tambien, podrias quitar mi firma en tus articulos en la main discussion page asi talvez llegemos a los hot spots. VENEZUELA 22:20, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
Bueno la verdad es que hiba a hacer unas cuantas cosas en unos dias, pero es que ya sabes como es Doomsday, algo muy cautivador. VENEZUELA 21:20, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
In this scheme, the National Congress dominated national politics, while the President was a figure almost decorative, without authority and subject to the decision of the parliamentary majority. The political parties grouped into two major political groups: the Coalition, formed by the Conservative Party and more liberal groups, and the Liberal Alliance, which included liberal groups and the Radical Party. By the end of the period of 1910 begin to be important Socialist Workers Party and its association with the labor movement.
At this time, there were three social groups are strongly marked, the oligarchy, the middle class and popular sectors. During these years, the country's progress continued due to the wealth produced salt mining, which allowed the construction of some works such as the Trans-Andean Railroad and the National Museum of Fine Arts, to commemorate the Centennial of Independence. However, the national economy had overcome the destructive earthquake that hit the port of Valparaiso, on August 16, 1906. During the First World War, the country was ruled by President Luis Sanfuentes, who decides to stay neutral, despite the historical relations that Chile has with both Germany and Great Britain. After the invention of synthetic saltpeter during the Great War, the Chilean economy experienced a gradual decline until the late 30s. In 1920, was elected President Arturo Alessandri Palma. Alessandri proposes a series of political and social reforms to fix once the situation in the country, but the Congress is strongly opposed. The dissatisfaction with the rejection of the reforms was reflected in the so-called saber rattling in 1924, by the young officers of the army and seen as a coup threat. Congress passes the laws, but the military did not return to their own work. In this situation, Alessandri feel that their power has been exceeded and presented his resignation to Congress, based on a "voluntary exile" on 10 September 1924. Between 1924-1925 the power was held by two government boards, shaped by the military. On September 11, 1924 the National Congress was dissolved. However, in the end the military failed to control the situation, and the January 23, 1925 Alessandri returns to complete its mandate. Alessandri succeeds in creating the Central Bank of Chile and is approved in a referendum a new constitution is promulgated on September 18, 1925. With this Constitution, the power effectively becomes the President of the Republic, ending the parliamentary government, and establishing a presidential system.
Following the presidential victory of the new Constitution of 1925, President Alessandri proposed to launch a single candidacy for the elections of that year, and thus leaving behind the country's political crisis. The parties choose the candidate Borgoño Luis Barros, who later is elected president, assuming the December 23, 1925. During the presidency of Borgoño Barros, is created the Comptroller General of the Republic and the Carabineros de Chile (the new police). On the external side, negotiations between Chile and Peru on the territory of Tacna and Arica continue by this time. However, the failure of arbitration leads both countries to go to war in 1928. The conflict lasts for more than three years, but Chile won the war. Tacna stay definitely under Chilean control. After the end of the war, the effects of the Great Depression hit the country. However, the industrial push and monetary reparations following the war, allowed the second government of President Arturo Alessandri (elected in 1930) resisting the crisis and continue the development of the country.
Espero que crees mas articulos y me ayudes a invitar mas gente! VENEZUELA 22:54, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
Que bien, recuerda q america entera esta en la esfera de influencia de USA, y Espana fue el 1 pais en abandonar el facismo en 1977 (pero no al 100 por ciento, fue un regimen semi-facista hasta el 1982, que todo cambio y ya para el 89 todo estaba cayendo. saludos! VENEZUELA 23:26, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
Quieres ser uno d los encargados de CW conmigo y Migue235, pero eso te involucraria como alguien q tiene que escribir varios articulos y bueno volverte alguien que estaria mucho tiempo en CW y a expandirlo invitando mas gente, pero a la ves puedes hacer muchas cosas mas, como poner noticias. VENEZUELA 01:46, July 21, 2010 (UTC) respondeme porfa.
Genial, creo que necesitamos Organization of Nations, varios paises, Guerra Fria, expander el timeline, una pagina de guerras, una de idiomas, tecnologia, y si todo lo izquierdista desparecio luego de la caida de la URSS, se volvieron partidos menores y olvidados como el facismo en OTL, y dame tu opinion crees que deberia haber una Guerra contra el terror entre la EC y los terroristas, y ademas como USA es mas debil tiene que mantener a sus dictadores a poder, como por ejemplo en mi articulo de Venezuela Perez Jimenez se queda mas en el poder gracias a ellos, y por eso Venezuela logra ser 1er mundo, si quieres saber mas de el ve my timeline llamado Perez Jimenez's Venezuela. saludos, responde porfa. VENEZUELA 02:12, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
esas guerras estan bien pero no se lo de las guerras civiles, aunque lo de la democracia me gustaria, y talvez crear un NATO americano y un Warsaw europeo ya que Japon tiene GEACOP, ademas recuerda hacerle banderas a tus organizaciones, saludos! VENEZUELA 02:59, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
Si es buena tu idea, disculpa q no te habia respondido es q no habia visto los mensajes. VENEZUELA 02:05, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
sip! VENEZUELA 04:22, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
ok, lo hare al agregar las nuevas naciones del pacifico y un error que tengo en Kazkhstan, ademas q Malawi cambio su bandera hace unas semanas. q te parece my articulo de Alemania? VENEZUELA 06:10, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
Bueno, las Falkland son the Austria-Hungria, y sobre los paises, aun los tengo q escribirr todos, tambien no entendi muy bien lo q me dijiste de la cultura. VENEZUELA 06:35, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
Manana salgo de Caracas, y no vuelvo hasta el 4 de sep. asi q si podrias poner las Central News, casi todas son de wikipedia. VENEZUELA 19:39, August 23, 2010 (UTC
si gracias! ademas viste el articulo de Japon. VENEZUELA 19:55, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
La idea de una nacion italo-española me parece muy buena, pero en realidad, mi opionion seria que el italiano seria mucho mas esencial en la republica. Fedelede 23:20, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
claro, claro, andá haciendo el artículo si querés. Es una muy buena idea. Fedelede 13:19, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
Si, Katholico, si vi como hiciste la bandera. Me parece que Patagonia pasaría de hecho a Italia en el 1601, pero solo se haría una verdadera colonia italiana en los 1800's. Fedelede 02:32, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
Me parece una muy buena idea! Fedelede 03:13, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
Bueno si, porque Japon fue casi igual que en la vida real, incluso perdio Midway pero ganan con lo de las bombas atomicas. VENEZUELA 20:12, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
No me di cuenta! borralo porfa, y te consegi esto para Peru solo agrega lo de tu articulo y elimina lo del comunismo!
In a military coup on October 29, Gen. Manuel A. Odria became the new President. Odría's presidency was known as the Ochenio. He came down hard on APRA, momentarily pleasing the oligarchy and all others on the right, but followed a populist course that won him great favor with the poor and lower classes. A thriving economy allowed him to indulge in expensive but crowd-pleasing social policies. At the same time, however, civil rights were severely restricted and corruption was rampant throughout his régime.
It was feared that his dictatorship would run indefinitely, so it came as a surprise when Odría allowed new elections. During this time,Fernando Belaúnde Terry started his political career, and led the slate submitted by the National Front of Democratic Youth. After the National Election Board refused to accept his candidacy, he led a massive protest, and the striking image of Belaúnde walking with the flag was featured by newsmagazine Caretas the following day, in an article entitled "Así Nacen Los Lideres" ("Thus Are Leaders Born"). Belaúnde's 1956 candidacy was ultimately unsuccessful, as the dictatorship-favored right-wing candidacy of Manuel Prado Ugarteche took first place.
Belaúnde ran for president once again in the National Elections of 1962, this time with his own party, Acción Popular (Popular Action). The results were very tight; he ended in second place, following Víctor Raúl Haya de la Torre (APRA), by less than 14,000 votes. Since none of the candidates managed to get the Constitutionally-established minimum of one third of the vote required to win outright, selection of the President should have fallen to Congress; the long-held antagonistic relationship between the military and APRA prompted Haya de la Torre to make a deal with former dictator Odria, who had come in third, which would have resulted in Odria taking the Presidency in a coalition government.
However, widespread allegations of fraud prompted the Peruvian military to depose Prado and install a military junta, led by Ricardo Perez Godoy. Godoy ran a short transitional government and held new elections in 1963, which were won by Belaúnde by a more comfortable but still narrow five percent margin.
Throughout Latin America in the 1960s, communist movements inspired by the Cuban Revolution sought to win power throughguerrilla warfare. The Revolutionary Left Movement (Peru), or MIR, launched an insurrection that had been crushed by 1965, but Peru's internal strife would only accelerate until its climax in the 1990s.
The military has been prominent in Peruvian history. Coups have repeatedly interrupted civilian constitutional government. The most recent period of military rule (1968–1980) began when General Juan Velasco Alvarado overthrew elected President Fernando Belaúnde Terry of the Popular Action Party (AP). As part of what has been called the "first phase" of the military government's nationalist program, Velasco undertook an extensive agrarian reform program and nationalized the fish meal industry, some petroleum companies, and several banks and mining firms.
General Francisco Morales Bermúdez replaced Velasco in 1975, citing Velasco's economic mismanagement and deteriorating health. Morales Bermúdez moved the revolution into a more conservative "second phase," tempering the radical measures of the first phase and beginning the task of restoring the country's economy. A Constitutional Assembly was created in 1979, which was led by Víctor Raúl Haya de la Torre. Morales Bermúdez presided over the return to civilian government in accordance with a new constitution drawn up in 1979.
Creo que no necesito q cambies nada. pero gracias. solo quiero que le hagas una galeria a Alemania! gracias. VENEZUELA 03:03, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
Hola te escribo de donde estoy. CUando vuelva voy a hacer unos Cambios a Central World muy grandes, tipo el imperio austro-Hungaro colapsando en varios paises en el 89, nunca hubo anexacion de POlonia y Lithuania pero si de Luxem. Y Belgica.Y. Alemania colapsando en el 89, dandole la Independencia. A WAllonia, Flanders, y Lux. Y declarandose. La republica Federal Alemana basada en la Weimar REpublic, entre otros como el reino de Polonia volviendose la 2da Republica Polaca. Espero q te gusten porque hay mas.
Hola Katholico, no volvere hasta el 15, porfavor continua con Central News. VENEZUELA 17:54, September 5, 2010 (UTC) HolA los agregare cuando termine el nuevo mapa con todos los cambios! Tambien estaba pensando q peru podria ser tomada por una revolucion luego de la guerra de tacna, q estableceria un govierno pro-Japones nacionalista Quechua q estableceria a peru como un nuevo pais llamAdo Twa... Algo ahora no recuerdo el nombre de como ellos llaman su patria. Bueno saludos.
VENE, creo que lo llaman "Tawantinsuyu". 'Saludos. Fedelede 22:26, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
Hola Katholico, viste los cambios a Alemania? VENEZUELA 21:18, September 9, 2010 (UTC)
AH, tambien podrias votar por Perez Jimenez's Venezuela como featured althistory? VENEZUELA 22:25, September 9, 2010 (UTC)
Ups, ya lo cambio gracias! saludos. VENEZUELA 22:29, September 9, 2010 (UTC)
Varsovia y CSTO
Bueno el Pacto de Varsovia es lo mismo q en OTL pero entre algunas naciones facistas, y el CSTO y lo mismo q en OTL pero entre naciones Europeas. VENEZUELA 21:04, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
Hola Katholico! me gustan tus ideas pero tu y yo no somos americanos, asi que que tal si le preguntas a southwriter que es actualmente el encargado de esa guerra en norteamerica! saludos. VENEZUELA 16:46, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
si pero si no hay guerra los Americanos pueden ir a Europa a patear al Kaiser y ganar la WWI. VENEZUELA 17:03, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
USA gana, pero ninguna entra en la WWI. VENEZUELA 04:36, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
Porfavor Katholico! me encantaria! VENEZUELA 17:05, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
si, me gusta tu idea, lo podrias cambiar a un amarillo-naranja? porfa. VENEZUELA 17:38, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
si pero la parte amarilla puede ser mas naranjosa? VENEZUELA 17:46, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
perfecto, gracias! :] VENEZUELA 17:51, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
si ya legue, actualmente voy a terminar el list of nations, y Xterror va a hacer el articulo de Holanda, Francia, y el Reino de las Antillas Holandesas. VENEZUELA 17:57, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
Ok :D VENEZUELA 19:16, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
Me gustan mucho pero falta esto: en North America: Canada, West Indies Federation, Kingdom of the Netherlands Antilles, Jamaica, St. Lucia, y los otros paises caribenos de habla hispana y en south america: West Indies Federation, y Surinam, y sobre Asia creo que deberia ser asi: uno del Medio Oriente y Uno del resto pero con una seccion de GEACOP. VENEZUELA 20:29, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
No, solo los mencionados en el articulo. VENEZUELA 02:42, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
Hola Katholico quetal si tu, Fedelede, y yo adoptamos la SAC y la expandemos, y tambien hacemos sus varias organizaciones y la Capital Sudamericana de la Cultura? VENEZUELA 18:47, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
From their positions within the province of Tarapaca, the Peruvian military organized a drive toward the coast, supported by the Navy. The idea was first to completely isolate Arica and then bring about the capture of the port of Iquique. Operations began in mid-December. On land Chilean troops withstood the fierce onslaught of Peru, while at sea, the Chilean and Peruvian navies fought near the harbor of Iquique. Despite being ahead of the Peruvian Navy in the early hours of the battle, the Chilean navy achievement then turn the tables and get the sinking of the bulk of the enemy fleet, although the ships were a lot of damage. With the defeat in Iquique, Peru ground attack was soon repulsed, and the forces had to retreat to previous positions. And during the Pacific War in 1879, the result of the naval campaign again defined the course of the war. Without its navy, the siege of Peru to Arica began to weaken and the end of January 1929, the Chilean Army organized a major offensive to drive out Peruvian Tarapacá. Once done, he arrival of more units from southern Chile, allowed the counter-attack launched from Iquique final release allowing the siege Peruvian Arica. For the month of March, the Peruvian army back to Tacna and organized their defense, as the government began experimenting Leguia early reviews product of these early setbacks in the war. The Chilean season to recover Tacna, began a week later and was led by General Carlos Ibanez del Campo. Again, the amount of Peruvian troops defending outnumbered those in Chile, however, Ibanez gradually wear down the defenders, to get completely surround the city and forced its surrender on 12 June. After regaining Tacna and Arica, the Chilean government offered peace in exchange for these provinces, but the government of Leguia said no, while the Peruvian forces organized a new attack on Tacna. However, the action failure and Chilean troops took the opportunity to continue the progress towards Arequipa. The battle for the city began on 11 July and lasted almost three weeks until achieving the Chilean Army to occupy the place. It was the confrontation that cost more lives so far, especially of civilians. After several months of war, and unable to achieve a cessation of hostilities, the Chilean government of Luis Barros Borgoño decided to continue military operations to reach Lima. The march of the Chilean Army to Peruvian capital was extremely difficult due to the effective organized defenses in southern Peru, despite the difficult situation the government was plunged product failures in Arica and Tacna. The numerical superiority continued to be the main advantage of the Peruvian forces, but slowly, several cases of desertion began to appear, affecting the organization and performance within the military battalions. By late 1929, began the so-called Great Battle of Lima, which made its debut the new Air Force of Chile, bombing the city's defenses.The fighting took place mainly on the outskirts of Lima, and extended until January 3, 1930, when finally the last of the Peruvian Army garrison surrendered to the Chilean forces. Shortly before the fall of Lima, Peru's President Augusto Leguia moved to the city of Huacho, where he planned to subsequently move the seat of government to the north. However, while there, part of a regiment revolted with the intention of deposing him and arrest him. Leguía refused and the soldiers fired, killing him. A few hours later, with the arrival of other troops, the uprising was crushed. VENEZUELA 02:35, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
No Crisis d Oceania
Hola Katholico, q crees de eliminar lo de esa crisis, y en vez hacer q todas (exepto Nueva Zelanda) sean Japonesas hasta la era de la descolonizacion en la que se crea un Commowealth Japones llamado Imperial Compact of Associated Sovereign States, lo que causa q Taiwan quiera independizarse y es tornado en un protectaroda Japones llamado Reino de Formosa, con el rey siendo el hermano de Hirohito. VENEZUELA 18:26, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Aqui la lista de los "commonwealth"
- Nueva Caledonia
- Tutuila (Samoa Americana)
- Cook Islands
- United Kingdoms of Uvea, Sigave, and Alo (Wallis and Futuna)
- Reino de Tonga
VENEZUELA 18:34, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Si, pero recuerda q en nuestro mundo USA nunca cayo, y China y Brazil estan emergiendo como potencias. VENEZUELA 19:38, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Si pero pinesalo, Africa se estaria independizando Oceania haria presion y Japon para seguir teniendolas crea ese Commowealth. VENEZUELA 19:59, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
en los 60s, y acuerdate q con la crisis igual caerian para el 2080, y sin la crisis 2100. VENEZUELA 20:11, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
OK. VENEZUELA 20:24, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Bueno se quedan britanicas. VENEZUELA 20:53, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Chile in FTBW
To be honest, the majority of stuff I made up about the South American countries, besides their names and flags, were mostly made up. The pages themselves are placeholders at the moment, as my TL is only about half way completed, so the full story hasn't been fleshed put yet.
Still, thanks for checking out my TL, and if you do have any ideas, please let me know! I'm always open to ideas, as most of mine are either old, cliched or not great. Tbguy1992 22:49, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Maps of Central World
Hello there. Thank you very much. Wow, I haven't had anyone say my maps looked real before. I haven't had anyone ask for me to draw maps for them before, I would be honored to. But besides Chile and Argentina, how has Peru changed geographically from OTL? --NuclearVacuum 00:43, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Heh, I didn't even notice that. Pretty interesting. I have only recently begun to learn South American history, so that is pretty interesting. Also, why does Chile expand so much. Wouldn't Argentina be the one expanding, since Juan Peron was an outspoken Hitler supporter? --NuclearVacuum 01:22, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
- si! XD. VENEZUELA 02:30, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Bueno UK es desde el 42 hasta el 71 titere q es cuando Esward VIII muere y Elizabeth toma el trono, y bueno personalmente pineso q UK ganaria la guerra. VENEZUELA 02:39, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Oye Katholico juega mi map game WWIII 1962 (Map Game). VENEZUELA 23:57, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
- OK. No, I haven't gotten around to doing any maps yet. It may take a while, so please be patient. --NuclearVacuum 01:38, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, but I need to ask again. What exactly is the border changes between the borders of Ecuador, Colombia, and Peru? I am having trouble trying to get it out in my head. What is the border between Chile and Argentina? --NuclearVacuum 14:54, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
Map Game 1962
- no. VENEZUELA 00:51, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Question about Ognia
Well, it's not set in stone, but here is the background. As in OTL, Chile will support the UK and Ognia in the war. Like the UK, Chile would have allowed more freedoms for the natives of the region, allowing for greater openness of a reunification with Antarctica. Prior to the war, Chile also claimed the South Shetland Islands, while Argentina claimed the South Orkney Islands. Though Argentina is questionable, the natives of the South Orkney Islands were greatly integrating into Ognia by the late 1970s. Though it would take a while, the native Fuegians of Tierra del Fuego would eventually gain greater recognition from Chile. While the Argentine claims will be annexed by Ognia after the war, Chile would allow the peaceful annexation of the island and the surrounding islands, which would lead to greater Chilean-Ognian relations. --NuclearVacuum 11:54, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I am pretty good with Central World. Just waiting for a response from Venezuela on the Japanese border of Kamchatka. But if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the border between Chile and Argentina? I know you gave me a map, but that only takes me so far. What exactly is the border? How did Chile gain so much? --NuclearVacuum 18:34, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh no, I wasn't complaining about the border, I am simply curious about it. I actually like the idea, pretty interesting. I am not an expert on Latin America, and have only been reading about it lately, so it is kind of interesting to get a new feel on it. Nothing against the border, weirder ones have been proposed out of treaties. Also (if you don't mind me asking), why do you always say "greatings" at the end of your sentences? Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not trying to criticize your English at all, but in English, it is used as a word for hello (hola), not as a form of thank you (gracias) or goodbye (adios). Also, it is spelled "greetings" (at least in American English). Please forgive me, I just want to help out a little, not trying to be mean or anything. Also, I just wanted to see if I still remember some Spanish myself. --NuclearVacuum 12:41, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Lolz. Sorry, I was afraid that you would be mad at me for bringing it up. Just wanted to correct you. Also, I never knew Spanish had a word like that? --NuclearVacuum 14:50, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Administrative Divisions
Ooh, very nice. I can understand it all quite well. Thank you very much. Also, Chile extends to include the Easter Islands? --NuclearVacuum 18:43, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Well either way, I am very happy to get that. I am getting a better understanding of Chile. Also, I made an orthographic map of South America for this timeline, and have already made one for Chile. More to come. --NuclearVacuum 19:31, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Glad that you love it. I hope you don't mind, but I cleaned up the infobox of Chile, adding some information and cleaning up the code. Sorry, but I am OCD about that kind of thing. If you don't like the changes, I will revert them. --NuclearVacuum 19:50, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- De nada. XD --NuclearVacuum 19:57, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks! I knew that was happening, but wasn't sure of what to do, so I was going to leave it for a while, but now I don't have to!
Tbguy1992 19:42, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
Hola, Katholico. Te gustaría ayudarme en mi nueva timeline, "Triunfa, España!"? Habla sobre un escenario en el cual la Unión Ibérica de 1580-1640 sobrevive. Fedelede 23:11, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
Chile in FTBW wars
Well, the First Global War is NOT, repeat, NOT OTL First World War: it took place between 1858 and 1862, and was basically three wars that are classified as one. In Latin America, Argentina and Peru both attacked Chile, annexing territory, and making the Chilean's very bitter. When the Second Global War (OTL First World War) started in 1911, Chile was at first neutral, but joined after both Peru and Argentina were decisively defeated by 1914 (the war began in 1911, and ends in 1916), taking back all the land it lost, then some. I would compare it to France in OTL, as they were bitter loosing land (Alsace-Lorianne) in the Franco-Prussian War in 1870, and regained the land at the end of World War One.
The basic thing to remember is that the First Global war is not like our World War One. Does that make sense? Tbguy1992 21:31, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, thanks! I'm trying my best to not use the overused cliche's of Alternate History, such as Hitler coming to power in Germany as dictator, no matter what, and that the US always, always wins. Although the US wins sometimes, its not all the time. It's always great to hear that I'm writing different Alternate History than everyone else. Tbguy1992 01:11, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hello there. Sorry, my mind has been in other universes this week, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten. =D --NuclearVacuum 23:16, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
No lo he pensado del todo, aunque creo que la independencia sería mas tarde o nunca. Tal vez después de la separación de Italia, pues estaba pensando en la descolonización de el Medio Oriente (que yo pensaba que lo tendría Italia). Fedelede 19:44, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
No, no lo he decidido. Fedelede 21:06, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
Muchas gracias por arreglar los templates, Katholico! Fedelede 00:35, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
Pues también me podrías ayudar con las ideas para la TL. Tengo muy pocas ideas: Que el monarquismo sea mucho mas común en el mundo, especialmente el constitucional es la mas importante, si querías saber. Tenía una idea en la cual Fernando VII se vuelve el Rey de Cundinamarca (como una carta de los cundinamarqueses le había pedido), y que hubiera un Borbón en el trono del Imperio Mexicano. Pero no tengo muchas ideas para la geopolítica de el mundo tras el POD. Iberia-Italia sería el centro del mundo hasta mas o menos 1946, en el cual incluía mucho del mundo, y después perdería relevancia. Pero es básicamente todo lo que tengo! Fedelede 01:08, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
During the first half of the twentieth century, the border disputes that arose between Argentina and Chile were resolved in a peaceful manner, thus promoting good diplomatic relations between both countries. However, the advent of the Cold War in Latin America after 1945, things changed radically. While both countries were part of the same American alliance against German and Japanese hegemonies, Argentina remained important diplomatic and commercial ties with the German Empire during the presidencies of Juan Domingo Peron, which brought several scrapes with the U.S. Chile also had critical attitude towards the German fascism by the Argentine government, which damage the relationship between the two nations. In the 60's, there were again disputes between Chile and Argentina over the sovereignty of several border areas in Patagonia, but direct negotiations to resolve them were unsuccessful, and the definition of a mediator not reached consensus. In this scenario, the German government saw an opportunity to break the unity of the American bloc, and this led to the European Community gave his public support for the territorial claims of Argentina. This fact provoked the indignation of Chile and the U.S., who sent a protest to the Assembly ON. Meanwhile, in Argentina itself, the government began a campaign to promote nationalist sentiment. Germany continued with its plan to destabilize sending military equipment and machinery to Argentina. The U.S. also did the same with Chile, but more limited and slow because of the serious fear of the administration of President Johnson to the war in America. In response, the Chilean government decided to seek other suppliers of arms, getting them unexpectedly in the Empire of Japan.
By the end of 1965, tensions between the two nations reached its peak, when the November 6 clash occurred between some Chilean police and armed Argentine contingent in the area called Laguna del Desierto, that ended in the death of Chilean Lieutenant Hernán Merino, after rejecting the Argentine police.This eventually trigger the conflict between Chile and Argentina.
After the incident at Laguna del Desierto, Chile's reaction to the police officer's death was directly to the Argentine government demanded explanations about the fact (considered by each side as an illegal incursion into the country) and a real commitment to want to solve disputes peacefully. However, the Argentine government decided to hold this event to start after the war. After months of preparation, Argentina declared war on Chile on January 16, 1966. VENEZUELA 14:47, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
Grand Alliance name
I understand, but only two or three countries in the Grand Alliance are Spanish, namely Mexico, Chile and Columbia. Spain, Venezuela, Argentina, Peru and some other nations are part of the United Coalition, so Spanish is much more in use there. Also, if I listed the names of the alliance in every nation of the alliance, the article could become to long and repetitive, so I only choose the most important languages; English, French, Russian and German (because of Austria-Hungary). Not that the other languages are unimportant, but their is only so much room for everything, and I'm not planning on going on making novel-sized entries. I hope you understand. Tbguy1992 17:44, November 3, 2010 (UTC)
- To me, not being a Spanish speaker (I have to use an online translator, but so far it hasn't failed me yet!), I think that Alianza Grande sounds better, as it seems more foreign and world encompassing than Gran Alianza. Just my personal oppinion.
- By the way, what do you think about FTBW? I've been working on this story idea, with different names, since I first joined the Wikia over two years ago, but in its present form only started about nine months ago, so I'm wondering what other's think, as I have put a lot of time and research into it, and I would like some feedback on how to improve it! Thanks! Tbguy1992 04:03, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, I was wondering if you would like to expand the Chile article for me? My area of expertise is not in South America, so I would mostly be choosing random names and places etc, etc. to fill in the article later. However, if you would be so kind as to help, It would definitely be a lot better than I could ever make. I would let you have a free hand in virtually everything except foreign affairs and what is already written. And, although their will be gaps in the main story that I'm working on now, I'm pretty sure you could fill them in.
If you are interested, please let me know! I would really appreciate your help...
PS: Chile will be on the winning side of the Third Global War (OTL Second World War), and annexes territory from Argentina, Peru and Bolivia, and is allied with Brazil almost since independence. Tbguy1992 04:55, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, the Agreement of Bagota ensures that the Spanish-American colonies are independent. And yes, Bagota is the capital of Columbia as well, I just needed a city :P.
- And thanks for agreeing to do this, it really helps me out!Tbguy1992 00:07, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
It looks really good! I will go over it later, just to make sure it fits in with the TL, but it looks good at the moment!
If you want, you can go ahead and do other South American countries to if you want, as I'm taking, basically, a short sabbatical with Alternate History at the moment: I'm still trying to work out some details, and mind is saying "Do something else for a while!", so when I can, I will expand the main TL so you can work on Chile more. All I ask is that you do not drastically change the main story arc: if you see something that doesn't add up, let me know, and I'll fix it as soon as possible.
Until later then, bueno adiós! Tbguy1992 04:40, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Nah, don't worry about it...the Assembly of Chile was a placeholder till later anyway. AS long as it does not directly interfere with the main story, go ahead; that's my only rule. Tbguy1992 06:42, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
The Day the Red Fall
Asi es! son 3 bandos con lo aliados ganando la guerra. VENEZUELA 23:34, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
Mapa de Europa
Cierto que el mapa es excelente? Lo conseguí de una página de mapas blancos en la Página 171 (link: http://alternatehistory.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=25312&page=171). No se si hay de otros continentes pero si se que hay unos pocos del mundo, aunque en mi opinion no son tan buenos. Fedelede 00:17, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Si, lo basé en mi mapa original de Rise of Roses :) . Dentro de la TL, se ve que es que los españoles, para contentar a los italianos que eran Protestantes, les dieron mucho territorio y así Italia se contentó políticamente y se quedó en Ibero-Italia. Fedelede 00:38, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Chile No Socialista
Hola Katholico! me gusto tu historia, quisiera saber por lo que vi, si tu estas con los gobiernos de la pink tide, la verdad yo los detesto, en especial porque vivo bajo el dominio de un dictador de facto que a tornado mi pais en una porqueria, tambien queria saber si puedo pasar Perez Jimenez's Venezuela a la wiki en español. saludos. VENEZUELA 16:01, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
Nada me hizo pensar eso, solo queria saber, la verdad yo queria que cuando paso lo de Correa ase poco lo sacaran simplemente porque yo lo clasifico como titere d Chavez, de echo considero todo el Alba como titeres de Chavez, pienso que si chavez cae (espero q en 2012) el resto cae, ademas puedes creer donde esta Zelaya ahora? tiene un banco aqui en Caracas!!!!!!! >:( Saludos! VENEZUELA 19:48, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
PD: que t parece Perez Jimenez.....? tambien cuales crees que serian algunas diferencias internacionales. VENEZUELA 19:50, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
Como Perez Jimenez cambiaria las elecciones de 1960 y la Guerra de Vietnam? VENEZUELA 22:41, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
Hola Katholico, gracias por la proposicion pero estaba pensando como un gobierno diferente en chile cambiaria a Venezuela seria una copia del OTL. VENEZUELA 00:49, December 6, 2010 (UTC)
Bueno hasta ahora estoy leyendo el timeline asi que dejame revisar a ver si encuentro algo que cambie mucho a mi patria encantadora y curiosa, por cierto q t parece Perez Jimenez`s Venezuela? lo has leido? quieres crear un articulo de chile? VENEZUELA 01:16, December 6, 2010 (UTC)
Nations in FTBW
AS of this moment, their is no Uraguay (part of Brazil), Paraguay (Brazil and Argentina) or Ecuador (Peru). I personally am more of a "large nation" person, not much into a multitude of smaller nations: it means that more articles have to be created to further flesh out the timeline, which I would prefer not to do.
By the way, I'm stuck a bit on the history article from 1911-1942: I need to have more ideas to further add to the story, until ATL's World War Two outbreak, so I was wondering if you would happen to have any ideas. Thanks! Tbguy1992 01:35, December 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, for the moment, I think Europe is going to be somewhat peaceful. My plan was for a Spanish Civil War like event happening in Canada between the English and French speaking Canadians. Now India might have the start of a revolt, but with the National Socialists in power in Britain, they will dare not allow India to become independent.
And I haven't thought about an Olympics thing... man, I should really have considered that earlier >< Tbguy1992 04:08, December 10, 2010 (UTC)
It is the best of them all by far, lol. I kinda figured you were in charge, but couldnt find an admin list with google translate to make sure, lol.
Lordganon 02:14, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
Me gusta la wiki en español. Una de las historias que particularmente me gustó fue una de una confederación del Imperio Español. Fedelede 03:04, December 17, 2010 (UTC) Si, era Mancomunidad. Eh, Katholico, en la wiki de español todavía no tienen la plantilla de naciones? Porque si quieres puedo trasladar las plantillas :) --Fedelede 03:30, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
Ya he pasado varias plantillas. --Fedelede 03:56, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
Gracias. En realidad, si estaba pensando en empezar una historia sobre el imperio mexicano en la wiki de español :) --Fedelede 04:07, December 17, 2010 (UTC) Pues sí... La guerra México-Americana es uno de los equivalentes a la Guerra Civil en México; Y también es uno de los eventos mas importantes de la historia latina. Tiene sentido ser de las historias mas usadas :) --Fedelede 04:24, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
Well, you caught me. When I make the nation articles (mostly placeholders at the moment), I copy and paste from previously made articles, then change the info (pictures, cities, etc. etc.), and I know sometimes I miss some. You caught one, so I would like to thank you for doing so! Tbguy1992 19:10, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
I have seen the work you are doing on the FTBW South American Articles, and all I can say is "whoa"! You are doing a lot better than I ever could with those articles, cause most of them would be left as minor articles that may or may not make sense. And yes, the Lima Incident was the spark for the First Latin American War (Rio de la Plata), and it was a place holder that may, or may not, have been changed later, so all I say is go ahead, and fix anything you may think needs to be fixed, South America related.
Please keep up the good work, and ¡Feliz Año Nuevo! my Chilean Friend! (my translating powers strikes again :P) Tbguy1992 03:53, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I have to say that I think we are thinking along the same lines. Currently, at the moment the CSA will be divided, as I'm thinking Argentina will be like OTL Italy: Strong on the outside, but when confronted by a stronger power (this time Brazil, after an ill fated attempt at an invasion of Chile), will collapse. So Argentina will be occupied by Brazil, annexing a lot of land, and making a rump Argentina. Then Brazil will fight ATL Colombia, then help the US by launching an amphibious assault on the Gulf of Mexico coast of the Confederacy (cause Brazil will be along the lines of OTL US by this point, while the US is like the USSR). Germany and the UK attack France, and though the Emperor and Government are forced to take the fight to the Colonies, France is still strong enough (especially after Russia enters the war) to launch an attack on the home land with help from the Western Alliance (cause the CSA will have been defeated by this time.)
- The cold War then is shaping up to be a three way conflict: France, which in this TL is like a Fascist USSR, the US and the "Democratic Coalition" (so Assiniboia, Mexico, Alyseka, Russia, etc. etc.) and Brazil and Japan on the last side. I think having a three way Cold War, with one side ultimately collapsing in the 1990's or so, leaving a two sided cold war for a lot longer might be interesting. What do you think? (and, just so you know, this is all an idea at the moment: this could be altered and changed later) Tbguy1992 06:14, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
- You know, The idea of a united Peru and Bolivia is intriguing: say a South American Yugoslavia? And Chile will be on Brazil's side, like Canada to Brazil's USA. And at the moment, I'm thinking Colombia is either neutral or will remain so until toward the end of the war, mostly due to the age old rivalry between the three South American Nations. Tbguy1992 21:03, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
- OK Katholico, I just have one thing I'm gonna have to ask: please, please, please do not touch Assiniboia: that is mine, as that is my home area, so I know what I want to do with it. That is the only thing I ask from you... I don;t ask for much, but please leave Assiniboia, and any articles associated with Assiniboia, please? Thanks, and sorry for this. Tbguy1992 05:23, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
That page that you brought mentioning the military dictatorships was made almost eight months ago, and I really didn;t do much research to verify everything: when it said that the generals were president, I assumed this meant that it was a military dictatorship. One thing you have to remember is that alternate history is different from actual history, so some liberties can be taken. Maybe it can still work, say that the military, even though elected peacefully, were the driving force behind the nation for years, and that they controlled who was actually nominated, and that, whoever it was, he had ties with the army to appease them, so as not to invite military coup's that plagued other nations. That is my guess on how to make sure its not contradictory. Tbguy1992 23:07, January 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Man, it seems like you know my timeline better than I do! Yeah, that would be true, but when I was typing it up, it still seemed somewhat imbalanced in favor of the "Axis" nations, but, then again, most of them will collapse before the war is over, so I guess your right. Thanks for pointing that out! Tbguy1992 23:20, January 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for the suggestions, and I will consider them. However, I'm not going into full detail discussing the war in the main articles I create, but when I get to the actual Third Global War article, that will be when I describe the war in detail. I'm just going to be painting broad stokes of what the war was like on the main history pages, then flesh it out in the article.
- And Venezuela was always independent of Colombia (the name was changed in the 1860's, if I remember correctly, and was only named that way due to it also holding Panama). Tbguy1992 13:10, January 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I guess you caught me again. Originally, it was going to be that Venezuela was part of the Central American Republic, but my mind changed. This timeline changes so often (even for me: I had originally planned for a united Prussia and Sweden, but it just wouldn't have worked out in the end, so it disappeared, though the flag I made is still around somewhere I think...)
- And thank you so much for looking back at the articles I made so long ago, because if I look over them now, I most likely will go over and not notice things like that. Please, keep up the good work! Tbguy1992 02:42, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
- As for Grand Colombia, I had noticed somewhere that Colombia had been called Gran Colombia at one point, so I thought it might be used as a nickname or something alon gthose lines for Colombia at the time, which, having a short distance between the Pacific and the Atlantic, with the ability to ship goods across for less than would have been possible in either North or South America at the time, would have brought great wealth and an economic boom at the time, making the title "Grand Colombia" a term of endearment for the people. Tbguy1992 17:40, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
Sounds good! And, if you don't mind, would you mind going through and making sure it's straightened out in the other parts of the TL, please and thanks? Tbguy1992 18:22, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I believe South America would join the war almost from the beginning, if maybe a few weeks or months later. Colombia would join Brazil in the war, but most likely it will be a while later. Colombia would use the time before they joined the war to strengthen its position as a link between the Atlantic and Pacific (the Panama Canal I have decided will not actually even be attempted until the 1950's, despite that it was attempted in the 1880's, and later in the 1920's, but their was constant fighting between the US and CSA, both of whom wanted to control it, but neither would ler the other do so. After the defeat of the Confederacy in the Third Global War, the Colombia finally got involved, as they decided to try to remain Neutral in the ATL Cold War (I'm hoping to think up a different name for it though, cus Cold War I think is too clichéd.)
- I hope that made some sense, cus I can barely think straight at the moment, being sick and all. Tbguy1992 03:32, January 19, 2011 (UTC)