- 1 Heh
- 2 Where were we?
- 3 Napoleon's World Suggestions, Comments, and Ideas from the Portrait-Teller (Part 1)
- 4 On my previous ideas
- 5 Paul Ryan in NW?
- 6 National Party (Chile)
- 7 American Southern Industry (Napoleon's World)
- 8 Antonio Villarigosa and George Lopez
- 9 RE: 2012 College Football Pick'em
- 10 Spokane
- 11 Criminal Alternate Destinies (Napoleon's World)
- 12 Sin Destino
- 13 Van Helsing franchise (Napoleon's World)
- 14 Map
- 15 Congratulations, KingSweden!
- 16 Napoleon´s World in Spanish
- 17 "No" Movie
- 18 Ideas for Napoleon's World
- 19 Napoleon's World (National Infoboxes)
- 20 Published
- 21 Elections in Chile
- 22 FiM (Napoleon's World)
- 23 Your Book
- 24 Steve Martin and Cinco De Mayo
- 25 South America (Cinco de Mayo)
- 26 Your Book
- 27 Skoda (Napoleon's World)
- 28 CS Presidents (Cinco De Mayo)
- 29 Canada (Cinco De Mayo)
- 30 I'm Baaaaack...
- 31 Chile 2014
- 32 Another Try
- 33 Congratulations, KingSweden!
- 34 Ideas for India in Napoleon's World
- 35 Checking something
- 36 Congratulations!
- 37 Bush '92 Adoption
- 38 Rebecca Ingram
- 39 Request
- 40 Chile (Napoleon's World)
- 41 Spam Warning
- 42 Questioners about Thailand in Napoleon's Worlds"
- 43 Need Help?
- 44 Help with my timeline
- 45 Hi
- 46 Can you please delete my Shutdown stuff?
- 47 Hi
- 48 Hi
- 49 Vandals
Where were we?
I've started the page of the Napoleon's World Nightmare franchise. I've got an idea for other OTL dictators.
- Saddam Hussein- An Arabic Schwarzenegger. Complete with political career in America.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad- A stand up comedian.
Another idea to do with these two is a movie where they team up with Kim Jong-Il. Yank 02:09, October 31, 2012 (UTC)
I've also got ideas for alternate destinies for serial killers.
- Ted Bundy- Supreme Court justice. It's because he studied law around the time of the killings.
- H. H. Holmes- Founder of a chain of luxury hotels. It's apropriate because his M.O. was based around his "Murder Castle".
- Frank Miller- Sexist serial killer. I said this before, but I think it's good enough to repeat.
Yank 02:10, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
Napoleon's World Suggestions, Comments, and Ideas from the Portrait-Teller (Part 1)
So, a couple of NW suggestions, comments, and ideas from me, the portrait teller.
First off, questions:
- How does the US gain Baja California? Does it come attached with OTL's Mexican Cession?
- Who lands a man on the moon first? I'm guessing France, but I could be wrong.
- Why is the Eiffel Tower constructed ATL? OTL it was for the World Fair in Paris. A bit doubtful here that the Tower would have reason to exist ATL in exactly the same structure as OTL.
Ideas and suggestions:
- Mr. T: Mr. T, or Laurence Tureaud, tried out for the Green Bay Packers. He failed because of a minor knee injury. What if he made it in? He could possibly become one of those super-famous players.
- If Mr. T is in the Packers, there's no one to play B. A. Baracus in the TV show The A-Team. I had some ideas for The A-Team.
Basically, it runs like this. The year is 1926. The Pacific War rages. Four men, Hank Shick, Nathaniel "Nate" Murdock, Kenneth "Crazy Kenny" Billington, and Craig "Killman" Krakower, are fighting for the United States in China. However, during an air raid over a Chinese fort in the southern jungles, the four are lost far beyond the fort. They learn to adapt to jungle living and eventually join a gang of Chinese bandits. After conducting several raids on the Chinese fort, they learn that the war is over. They begin attempting to escape from China. However, the men in the fort capture them. The group asks to be deported to a foreign country. Before the Chinese can decide on whether Korea, Siberia, Japan, or Mysore should be their destination, the bandits rescue them again. At this point the series hangs.
OK, Baja explained. A slave state I assume? Before the gradual eradication of the concept.
Eiffel Tower explained as well. I concur.
The 90s would be a better time, especially with CGI effects improving and becoming more popular; it would be easier to recreate the jungles of Southern China.
On my previous ideas
With my idea of having H. H. Holmes be the Conrad Hilton of Napoleon's World, we should include a tidbit about a fictional descendant of his being a Paris Hilton-style spoiled heiress in the mini-bio.
Yank 01:28, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
Paul Ryan in NW?
National Party (Chile)
Hi King, how are you? I hope fine. I noticed that you put to Lily Pérez in the template of the National Party, but the position didn't appear. You want that she will be the Party Secretary-General or something else? Regards! :) --Katholico (talk) 00:56, November 22, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm glad :)
- Sounds good.
- Yes, my mistake XD hahaha I copy the template from the Lavin article.
- Interesting question King :P I have my own choice, but being objective is difficult to answer; i mean, after implementation of the voluntary voting in the october municipal elections, the people who go to vote has reduced drastically (from 13 millions now habilitated to vote, only near to 5 millions participated and in the past election were more of 6,5 millions), changing completely the historic electoral scenario (practically all polls were WRONG!). This for one hand, for the other, the candidates, there are many. If Bachelet return still is unclear, but there is many people in the own Concertación, other opposition parties and independents who proclaimed himself as pre-candidates. In the government, the candidate will be choice through a primary election in next June, between Andrés Allamand and Lawrence Golborne. By the moment, i honestly don't know what will happen, the campaign just began now and we have many months forward. jeje Regards! --Katholico (talk) 04:54, November 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Now you mentioned, yes, i have seen that in many articles about politicians in NN.
- The Economist? Yeah, i heard about that publication here and his analysis about Bachelet and Piñera administrations xD Glad you see interesting to my country jeje :P
- By the way, recently you put changes in the political scenario in Chile in NN, with new political blocs. This is curious, considering that by the moment in OTL Chile does not happen any like that yet XD I mean, many claims that Concertación die in 2010 and need be replaced by a new coalition, which including to the communists and other leftlist parties; but until today, the Concertación "officially" don't die, and only exist a de facto "alliance" led by the Communist Party agenda. :/ Regards! --Katholico (talk) 20:25, November 22, 2012 (UTC)
American Southern Industry (Napoleon's World)
I'd like to know if it'd be possible to have a major American automotive company be based out of a southern city rather than in Detroit. We need to include more about the economic state of the south, which would be much better without the Civil War to destroy infastructure. It'd be Atlanta, as that city would be a hub of Southern industry, and neeedless to say would benefit from not being effectively razed by marrauding Union troops. It'd be ironic if they called it the Confederate Motor Company, which is a distinct possibility. Your work indicates that the Civil War doesn't really progress far enough to create the Confederacy, which would mean that there wouldn't be a negative stigma with using the word "Confederate" in the name. Yank 02:53, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
Hello? I've got some more ideas.
- Mitt Romney- Basically Tim Allen. Home Improvement and Santa Clause, starring Mitt Romney. Think about it.
- Ub Iwerks- Former associate of Disney, Iwerks had a falling out with Disney and started a company to rival Disney. He later aquires the rights to the character of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, who effectively fills the role of Bugs Bunny in Napoleon's World. Disney and Iwerks would later form a partnership which would result in cartoon portraying Mickey and Oswald as being brothers/friendly rivals.
- Nikola Tesla. Thomas Edision.
Yank 00:42, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
Antonio Villarigosa and George Lopez
Hey. I had a few suggestions for two famous Hispanic-Americans in OTL. Well, atleast in California:
- Antonio Villarigosa - OTL Mayor of Los Angeles
- George Lopez - OTL famous comedian.
I was proposing about switching their two roles - if not already in use-, so Villarigosa would be a famous late-night comedian and his own TV show: Villarigosa Tonight Show or something like that, and George Lopez being the Mayor of Los Angeles from May 17, 2005 and will consider running as President in the 2016 election. Just a proposal. Enclavehunter (talk) 01:14, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
RE: 2012 College Football Pick'em
My opinon :D
- Citrus Bowl: 1 Cuba (13-0)
- Sugar Bowl: 8 Texas A&M (11-1)
- Manhattan Bowl: 12 Iowa (10-2)
- Rose Bowl: 4 Washington (12-1)
- Orange Bowl: 6 South Carolina (11-1)
- Silver Bowl: 18 Huron (9-3)
- Peach Bowl: 19 Virginia (9-4)
- Texas Bowl: 5 Pacifica (11-1)
- Chicago Bowl: 15 Louisiana (10-2)
- Paradise Bowl: 9 Peninsula (11-2)
As with last year, the games with my picks in italics.
NCAA Division I National Championship (Citrus Bowl): 1 Cuba (13-0) vs. 2 Texas (13-0)
Cuba. Seem to recall that they lost last year, and Texas is overrated.
Sugar Bowl: 16 Kahokia (10-3) vs. 8 Texas A&M (11-1)
Kahokia. Gotta go with at least one of the more "Canadian" options, and Aggies fans annoy me besides.
Manhattan Bowl: 12 Iowa (10-2) vs. 13 Pittsburgh (10-2)
Pittsburgh. Just like the idea of them winning more.
Rose Bowl: 4 Washington (12-1) vs. 7 Ohio State (11-2)
Ohio State. Even though they do deserve it for what their program did, they're still getting screwed this year - if not for being banned from it, it'd be them and ND on top, not Ala~ and ND
Orange Bowl: 13 San Diego (10-2) vs. 6 South Carolina (11-1)
South Carolina. The better team in all likelihood, and the team name's more amusing to me.
Silver Bowl: 18 Huron (9-3) vs. 3 Sequoyah (12-1)
Sequoyah. Justice for them getting screwed out of the Bowls this year otl, and to keep the in-laws happy.
Peach Bowl: 14 Alabama (10-3) vs. 19 Virginia (9-4)
Alabama. Same logic as last year, and the better team too.
Texas Bowl: 5 Pacifica (11-1) vs. 10 Massachusetts (10-2)
Massachusetts. Pacifica got its day in the sun last year, and if memory serves, Mass. could use a boost atl.
Chicago Bowl: 11 Notre Dame (10-3) vs. 15 Louisiana (10-2)
Notre Dame. Can't bet against the Irish.
Paradise Bowl: 17 Fresno State (13-0) vs. 9 Peninsula (11-2)
Fresno State. Undefeated for a reason, though screwed in the rankings because of conference bias.
Hey KS, can I participate the Pick 'Em contest?
Cool, thanks! Actually, I follow college football and league football too.
NCAA Division I National Championship (Citrus Bowl): 1 Cuba (13-0) vs. 2 Texas (13-0): Cuba
Sugar Bowl: 16 Kahokia (10-3) vs. 8 Texas A&M (11-1): Texas
Manhattan Bowl: 12 Iowa (10-2) vs. 13 Pittsburgh (10-2): Pittsburgh
Rose Bowl: 4 Washington (12-1) vs. 7 Ohio State (11-2): Washington
Orange Bowl: 13 San Diego (10-2) vs. 6 South Carolina (11-1): San Diego
Silver Bowl: 18 Huron (9-3) vs. 3 Sequoyah (12-1): Huron
Peach Bowl: 14 Alabama (10-3) vs. 19 Virginia (9-4): Alabama
Texas Bowl: 5 Pacifica (11-1) vs. 10 Massachusetts (10-2): Massachusetts
Chicago Bowl: 11 Notre Dame (10-3) vs. 15 Louisiana (10-2): Louisiana
Paradise Bowl: 17 Fresno State (13-0) vs. 9 Peninsula (11-2): Fresno State
Fairchild is still a fair ways away from the city.
Using the detonation programs, it takes a warhead more than 2MT in size to even hit the city with the edge of the outer blast zone, centering it on the likeliest part of the base, which is where the blast only sets fires.
The bombs likely to have been used on the base wouldn't have caused massive damage in the city even if they missed somewhat. There'd only be fires, and even those limited by the river.
Basically, the city ends up suffering some fire damage, radiation, and refugees. A perfect environment for warlords to arise.
Tacoma would have been in the same range as the base, for sure. Seattle would have been slightly larger, but fires would also do far more damage there than a strike on the base. Call it half the city gone outright, the rest and a lot of the suburbs burned out. Lordganon (talk) 10:39, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
Criminal Alternate Destinies (Napoleon's World)
I've got some ideas for alternate destinies for criminals.
- John Dillinger: Like Jesse James he is the owner of a large bank chain, and it'd be apropriate if he came to own one of the banks that was forcibly split off of the original James Brothers company.
- D. B. Cooper: CEO of a popular airline. This assumes that in this timeline he is actually named Dan Cooper rather than having that as a pseudonym.
- Karl Donitz: Founder of a popular chain of cruise ships.
- Ernst Kaltenbrunner: Highly sucessful lawyer and founder of one of the largest private law firms in France.
Yank 16:25, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
Hi King, how are you? :P I have a friend User in the spanish wikia who is working in Sin Destino (spanish version of No Destiny, but with differences of course). The premise is that US fight alone for his independence and the war extend for ten years. Only in 1786 Britain recognize the independence of the United States, but the treaty established that the country cannot intervene in foreign conflicts, which eventually lead to a politic of neutrality of US, and don't expand to the west and other parts. There is a List of US Presidents, which he is working. He also need some help with Europe right now, with the Napoleonic Wars. You have some ideas for this world with a neutral United States? Regards! --Katholico (talk) 21:20, December 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Then, you says that John Tyler should be removed from the list and other person put in his place? :O Regards --Katholico (talk) 03:06, December 17, 2012 (UTC)
Van Helsing franchise (Napoleon's World)
I've got some ideas for additions to the Van Helsing franchise. With the failure of the fourth live action Van Helsing movie, I see potential in creating movies based off of the successful animated series. The first would be set in between the third movie (forever stripping canonicity from the fourth) and the start of the animated series, and would a pathos-filled and dramatic movie about the death of Abraham and the passing of the torch to Laurence. It would be called Van Helsing: The Needs of the Many. The basic plot is that a big bad is planning to destroy the world, and Abraham sacrifices his life to stop it (while dramatically invoking the "needs of the many trope") This could spark a new animated film franchise, especially with a kick-ass performance from Eastwood. I also think that the franchise could spread to video games. Yank 07:23, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
It'd be a way to explain why the show doesn't involve Abraham Van Helsing, as well as a to give a proper send-off to a popular character. It'd also be a way to free up Clint Eastwood for other projects. What do you think about the video games? They'd be produced by Living Dead Media as well. Yank 17:28, December 26, 2012 (UTC)
Napoleon´s World in Spanish
Hi King! How are you? I hope fine ^^ Probably you didn't notice it, but the last year, the User:El Gran Creador ask to you if he could write your TL Napoleon's World in the Spanish Wikia. He already had begun with this, but you never responded him if you give the permission or not. I ask to you now to resolve what to do with the article. Regards! --Katholico (talk) 19:59, February 21, 2013 (UTC)
Hi King! LOL Honestly, I was not expecting that someone will speak to me about this movie here xD but, I think that was a mistake to assume that, considering that in other countries they are interested more in this movie than in own Chile XD hahaha Yeah... that movie... I have never seen xD Maybe some day i will see the movie. Regards --Katholico (talk) 04:03, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
Ideas for Napoleon's World
I've got some ideas for Napoleon's World. Specifically more alternate destinies.
- Vladmir Lenin- though I previously had him be a political economist, I have a better idea. He is a famous composer of classical music and opera, and whose fierce and passionate music is enjoyed by many. One of his last works is a collaboration with the famous Opera legend Benito Mussolini. The fierce and passionate nature of his music and operas end up being one of Charles Manson's inspirations for his music.
- Jefferson Davis, Jr- One of the founders of the Confederate Motor Company which is one of the largest American car companies not based out of Detroit, Michigan. I don't know whether to have the company be based in Birmingham, Alabama or Atlanta, Georgia.
- Albert Speer- Franco-German architect who fled during the French Civil War. Not sure on where he'd flee.
Yank 00:40, April 6, 2013 (UTC)
Napoleon's World (National Infoboxes)
Hey Napoleon, I want to ask if you are planning on adding infoboxes to the nations that don't have them (and there are quite a number of them at that?) If I have time (since I'm working on another Althistory that I will be bringing over here sometime this month or next month) I might be able to do just that for you if you like.
Well one thing to note is on Vietnam, according to updates from a year or so ago, it seemed that the Worker's Party of Vietnam collapsed and Vietnam is no longer a proletarian dictatorship, is it safe to say that Vietnam would probably be ruled by a military junta at this time?
In addition, I have created a flag design for the Bengali Free State, using inspiration from both the OTL flag of Bangladesh with the Victoria 2's Republican flag design for Bengal. Razgriz 2K9 (talk) 18:36, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
I want to ask on who would serve as the current President and Prime Minister of Bengal? I can imagine it would between the two current HoS/HoG of OTL Bangladesh (Acting President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina) and the Governor of West Bengal (M.K. Narayanan). Razgriz 2K9 (talk) 20:58, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
I think Narayanan would be the best fit as President of Bengal, I think it's safe to have Sheikh Hasina as PM, as in OTL, if that is okay with you. I've also began adding the official names in the official language for those nations that already have infoboxes.
On a side note, is the Imperial House of Brazil the House of Braganza or Orleans-Braganza? (as it is in OTL)
One question I've been meaning to ask, and I didn't really think about it until last night. Whatever became of some of the royal houses that supported Napoleon in his campaigns? (The Wittelsbach of Bavaria, The Wettin of Saxony & Warsaw/Poland, The House of Wurttemburg among others) not to mention his other adversaries outside of the Hapsburgs (The Hohenzollerns of Prussia, three of the four branches (Spanish, French and Parmese) of the House of Bourbon and the House of Savoy in Sardinia) I'm assuming for the monarchs of their respective states that they at least retain their titles (at least for Napoleon's allies) and a respectible pension in exchange for the centralization of the Rhinbund's lands into a single Grand Duchy of Germany under personal union with Napoleon (if not given to one of his brothers and his descendents) Razgriz 2K9 (talk) 11:08, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
King, this guy is updating the infoboxes like he said - but he is also removing the leadership names. I'm restoring them as I write this - and warning him. Lordganon (talk) 10:52, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
Wow, I did not see the Bourbon Restoration War coming at all...well that explains why Spain decided to go Communist when it did. For the Grand Duchy of Germany and the Grand Duchy of Scandinavia (and the Grand Duchy of the East/Grand Duchy of Russia whenever you make a profile on them.), would you rather use the French tricolour, or could they have seperate flags for each of them? Razgriz 2K9 (talk) 11:08, April 18, 2013 (UTC)
I've made a concept design for the flag for the (I assume the official name is) Republic of Siberia. Alternatively, it could be used for the Romanov-era Siberia if you wish to use the traditional Siberian flag. I've also found a suitable flag for Communist Siberia, which was mentioned in your profile, and I will provide the link here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/Flag_of_Kemerovo_oblast.svg
Noticed you added on your user page that you're getting published - Congrats.
Lemme know when you have an ebook link to it, and I'll add it to the wiki announcements.
Kinda half-figured that'd be what you were doing - no matter. Congrats are still in order, lol.
Yeah, the announcements pop up as a little box in the lower-right corner of your screen when they are updated.
Let Mitro know about it in some form, too - if you ask nicely, maybe you could get him to mention it on his blog.
Elections in Chile
Hi King, how are you? I hope fine :) Just now i realized that you wrote in the chilean articles that the presidential and congressional elections take place in different months (january-february and march, respectively), when both elections should be realized in the same day. I mean, that happen in OTL. jeje ^_^U Regards --Katholico (talk) 02:54, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
FiM (Napoleon's World)
I'm a proud Brony, and I'd like to (eventually) create a page for the Napoleon's World FiM. Yank 00:29, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
Seems very interesting! Unfortunately, I am lacking any sort of ability to read it, although I will keep it on my to-read list. Hopefully I will be able to read it. Judging by the preview, it looks very promising. :D
02:38, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
Good, Good! Added it to the wiki news.
If I recall correctly, I said that maybe you could try sending him an e-mail at his blog - the e-mail should be on there somewhere - and seeing if it could get mentioned in some form. Your book isn't AH, but I've seen him note things about other SF books before, so maybe he'd do it for you. Give'm a shout. The blog does have a following, so it may help.
Don't mention me, though, mind. Don't want him to think I put the idea in your head.
It looks good, but I have two problems. I no longer have a kindle and I'm not really interested in Sci-Fi outside of video games. Yank 23:18, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
Steve Martin and Cinco De Mayo
I just noticed a contradiction in NW. On the Alternate Destinies page, the Steve Martin entry shows him as the failed candidate for President in 1996. However, I see that he is President from 1997 - 2005 everywhere else. I think this could easily be corrected by replacing the AD section with a link to his page.
Also, I like the direction you are taking Cinco De Mayo in. What do you currently have in mind for the World Wars?
22:53, July 2, 2013 (UTC)
I see. That would clarify a large part of that page. And yes, I do have suggestions for CDM.
Firstly, I don't think that it would be out of line to wipe out Hitler from the timeline entirely. With the current rearrangement of alliances in World War I, Hitler's father would most likely be on a more attacked side of the Russian front, where he is more likely to be killed in action. Why? Because, with Britain as part of the Central Powers, France suffers the issue of two major fronts: on the Channel, and with the German nations. This allows Germany and Austria-Hungary to focus more on Russia.
Also, with Britain becoming the USSR analogue, I think it would lose its grip on the Dominions by the time the UBPR was about to be formed, but not colonies. Canada, I think, would fare very well and align itself with the United States. South Africa would probably ride with Germany, and Australia would take an independent stance from all the major blocs, remaining neutral through WWII and the Cold War.
Anyways, that's all for now. Talk to you later. :)
04:09, July 3, 2013 (UTC)
Hmm, I see your reasoning with the Brits.
As for Hitler, it could really be anyone, as there are no Nazis, therefore no purges (or things like that). My best nominee would be a someone killed in Night of the Long Knives. Or Rudolf Hess. Your call.
04:33, July 3, 2013 (UTC)
South America (Cinco de Mayo)
Hi King, how are you? I hope fine :) I want to ask what ideas you have for South America in the Cinco De Mayo TL?? PS: By the way, i think that the timeline name should be changed to Cinco de Mayo. jeje Regards --Katholico (talk) 21:32, July 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Sounds very interesting that idea for SA :)
- Well, the principal conflicts during the XIX century (after 1862) in the continent were the Paraguayan War in 1864, the War of the Pacific (1879) and the Chilean Civil War (1891)... I don't know if the Mexican Empire, the Confederate States and the French Empire, are interested in other countries, besides Venezuela and Central America. Maybe i need read more the timeline for ideas, but i have a question related to the APEAC:
- The Argentina claims about Falklands Islands (I asume remain under british control) affect also the APEAC relations with the British Union?
- Regards! --Katholico (talk) 03:05, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I have an idea :D Well, I think that Brazil could be a allied from Mexico, CSA and France, giving that is a monarchy and support the slavery. This could lead to prevent the fall of the Empire of Brazil, at least until the WWI.
- The scenario for SA sounds very good. Then, Liberationism/Bolivarianism ideology will be as the counterpart of OTL islamic movements, right?
- About the ideology and his name, the OTL bolivarianism is basically socialism. The Bolívar word in the name is just for symbolism, for inspire patriotism (against the foreign powers), and for this, i think that perfectively you can use the same name here if that is the intention of the ideology. Besides, by the moment i can't think in other name xD jeje
- Regards! --Katholico (talk) 05:52, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, if you want to have a Panamá Canal Crisis, you maybe need that Colombia retain the control of Panama (independent from 1903).
- I liked the idea for Balkans-Middle East :)
- For Brazil, i have other idea: the Independence of South Region during the fall of the Empire. This region have had several uprisings in the past. Maybe that is hr opportunity. What you think? Regards! --Katholico (talk) 22:09, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, something like that.
- About the 1973 Coup, if this happen, is also posible that the other countries in the region try to invade Chile for overthrow Allende? In OTL this don't happen, but this South America seems to me very different... and with governments under a different ideology, I think that a war could happen. I mean, the embargo idea make sense, yes, but i can't let to think in a different reaction from the rest of the countries to the coup. jeje ^_^U I hope I'm not bothering you with this thoughts. Regards! --Katholico (talk) 21:52, July 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I see. Yep, that's a option. I can help with the list of presidents when you need it. Regards :) --Katholico (talk) 03:06, July 8, 2013 (UTC)
- But remember that Pinochet didn't organize the Coup in OTL, he joined to the last second. For this I said the instead Pinochet, Prats remain as commander in chief and he in this timeline decide to be part of Coup against Allende. And Pinochet could be interim president in 1990, as you says. I think this is more interesting, but, you decide XD jeje Regards --Katholico (talk) 01:07, July 9, 2013 (UTC)
Skoda (Napoleon's World)
Is it possible that the Skoda automotive company is the equivilent of Volkswagen in Napoleon's World? I'm assuming that Volkswagen is pretty much butterflied away by the lack of the Nazi Party. I've got an idea for the creation of a Beetle-like car. It could have still been concieved by Hitler, who may have dabbled in more than art. Inspiration hits at a party in the head of Skoda's home, and he sketches the design on a napkin. The head of Skoda, a fan of his work, agrees to begin development. The development is shelved by the Civil War, and is finished in '45. What would the alternate name be? I'm thinking something like "Skoda 420". Yank 02:38, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
It's a Czech company. I just thought that such a relatively obscure company could be a relatively good Volkswagen replacement. Also I think it'd be interesting if Commodore Computers was the Napoleon's World version of Apple, seeing that I imagine Jobs being employed by a video game company. Yank 14:37, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
Skoda is pretty popular in the UK, actually. The usually specialise in small hatchback cars (3 and 5 door versions). Cars can be compared to the Ford Ka - but bigger. :D Imp (Say Hi?!) 14:49, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
CS Presidents (Cinco De Mayo)
Hi King! How are you? :) Can I ask what is your idea for the political parties in the Confederate States in your TL Cinco de Mayo? I noticed that you put in the list of CS presidents, for example, to Rufus W. Cobb as a National Confederate or Carter Glass as a Progressive. I ask because I'm writing about the CSA for one of my timelines, and I need some ideas for the parties. If you can give me some advice please, I will appreciate it :) Regards! --Katholico (talk) 20:32, November 30, 2013 (UTC)
- I see. Well, I already talked with South about this, but I wanted also some other opinions. Besides, in Two Americas, the Democrats only are defeated in 1951 by the Constitution Party, and I would want a change of government in the early XX century for my TL. In any case, thanks :) Regards! --Katholico (talk) 19:44, December 2, 2013 (UTC)
Canada (Cinco De Mayo)
Find it a bit much that Newfoundland would end that fast, and that it would not be a real movement for independence there today atl.
I would also expect far more resistance to the idea of communists gaining power.
Chrétien would have lost his position, and his party the next election - heck, would actually expect enough members to switch parties to bring the government down before that.
Even if the breakup is peaceful - and it won't be, considering the divisions in that province between English, French, and natives - and the referendum is promised by the feds, the party in power would take a hit if it left.
You'd see revolts for staying in Canada. Just about guarantee it. Montreal area, far north, and parts of the south would be the worst. Good luck convincing Canadian soldiers to put that down.
Chrétien, being from Quebec himself, would more or less have to resign. He'd be a PM with no seat, and a lot of his MPs - his party would likely have quite a few seats in Quebec - would be out of Parliament too. You'd see a minority government because of the province leaving.
Next election, his party would probably take a hammering. Even if the province leaves peacefully, the electorate still isn't going to take it well.
Collenette would probably be in a better position to become leader, but it would be a wash between the two.
For that to happen, you would have to put down the strike really hard, and get the socialists to join the communists.
Would think that the "Blue" government would have had more territory than that at the end.
Would also be harder to take Newfoundland than that - being an island, they would have to airlift troops in, or conduct naval landings.
That would match otl communist states post-communism, more or less, so logical enough.
Primarily protests, but I would imagine full-on rebellion in the Montreal region and possibly some guerrillas in the far north. Something about the natives not recognizing it because of the status with the feds, etc.
Hello! Long time, no see! I just kinda wanted to catch up, as it's been a few months since I've even been on the wikia, and could be getting close to a year since I really actively contributed. I hope to add more now, but I thought I should say hi, and I hope everything is going well with you.
Hey King! Yeah, how are you? I'm fine :) About the 2014 elections, first, definitely there should be the second round on February. About the candidates:
- Evelyn Matthei (PN) from the Chilean Alliance (by the way, I would like change the name to Alliance for Chile)
- Hernán Larraín (UG) from the National Democratic Confederation.
- Michelle Bachelet (PDS) from the Social Democratic Alliance.
- José Miguel Insulza (PSDP) from People's Democratic Unity.
- Jesús Cohn Martinelli (PR), representing a electoral pact named "Si tú quieres, Chile cambia" (If You Want It, Chile Changes) between the Radicals and regionalist movements, which also compete for the legislative elections.
For the runoff voting, I suggest that the candidates should be:
- Evelyn Matthei (PN)
- Jesús Cohn Martinelli (PR)
- I'm glad for help :) By the way, i want tell you something more, but I will use spanish instead english xD I hope don't mind you jeje
- Creo que la CDN debería desaparecer después de la elección de febrero. Luego de que el Partido Nacional y el Partido Demócrata Cristiano se retiraran de la coalición en 2012, el nombre de "confederación" (que implica muchos partidos) ya no tiene sentido. Además esto significo en la practica que tanto la Unión Gremialista como Renovación Liberal ya no forman parte del gobierno (el Presidente Piñera es del PDC), y estos 2 partidos son ahora de hecho partidos de oposición. Por ese motivo, luego de que sea electo el nuevo Presidente se debe anunciar el fin de la CDN. Si la UG y el PRL siguen como aliados no estoy seguro, pero tendrían que formar una coalición con un nuevo nombre.
- Regards! --Katholico (talk) 04:41, January 19, 2014 (UTC)
- And that is a bit ironic because I think I used roughly the same colour lol. :) Imp (Say Hi?!) 14:15, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
Ideas for India in Napoleon's World
I've been thinking that India in Napoleon's World. Gangestan will probably be an American ally due to fear of French Hindustan and French ally Mysore. Gangestan will be allied with Bengal and be anti-Afghanistan. It will probably be involved in a Kashmir dispute as well.Fjihr (talk) 17:15, July 30, 2014 (UTC)
Hey King! I justed wanted to check if you were fine with me putting up a link to your Amazon profile for those interested in reading your books. Community messages were getting old, and you have released two more books, so I thought a link to all three might be better perhaps. :) Imp (Say Hi?!) 19:54, November 13, 2014 (UTC)
I'm in the stage that I'm not earning so I haven't read them I'm afraid! But, I did read the sample of the first novel when you first wrote it, and I would have to say it would be something I would gleefully read. :) Imp (Say Hi?!) 20:43, November 16, 2014 (UTC)
About time, lol.
Bush '92 Adoption
I would like to adopt the timeline Bush '92.
01:51, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
Great, thank you! And welcome back!
In the Bush 1992 TL, you have Ross Perot dropping out and not re-entering, hence causing a Bush victory. Yeah, no. Even if Perot never ran in the first place, Clinton would still win, albeit more close. And even if Perot dropped out in the middle of his campaign like OTL, but not returning, whose to say turnout won't drop? Whose to say that write-ins won't happen? No offense, but I hate this myth
I suggest you check this video: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-ross-perot-myth/
Just something I noticed, the TV show 24: Legacy has a main character named Rebecca Ingram, the same name as a person from NW.
Scraw 01:54, February 12, 2017 (UTC)
Interesting! I believe I wrote that article many years ago, so they're obviously stealing from me ;) is 24: Legacy any good?
Well it's a bit slow, I think it's really only for fans of the original 24 show. I don't know if it's really your thing, it's about a fictional counter-terrorism agency and the extreme methods they use to combat terrorism.
21:58, February 12, 2017 (UTC)
Hello KingSweden! I am The History Nerd and I would like to ask if I could help you out on writing pages for Napoleon's World. Specificly, updating some pages, maybe adding some stuff to the Napoleon's World INN thing, and making pages for countries not covered yet! I hope to Here back from you!
Alright! So I did have an idea for a post-Napoleonic wars French Renaissance to happen under Napoleon. It would be interesting, as at this time Napoleon was working on many historical monuments such as the Arc de Triomphe, so a Post-Napoleonic Wars renaissance isn't a bad idea, and is a possibility. New arts and sculptures could be created with an Imperial Architecture with it. It would be interesting, but tell me your thoughts on it!
Well thank you! Many famous arts from our timeline could have fit into our timeline and been created during this new French Renaissance, and many arts and literature that were created at this timeline but weren't that popular, could have became famous works, with their writers becoming well known, such as the "Massecre of Chios" painting and the "Impression, Sunrise" painting become widely popular around the world due to French influence being dominate and the French Empire owning almost all of Europe.
In literature, A couple books would defiantly become popular and widely distributed, it also would be sponsored by the house of boneparte, I'm of course talking about Napoleon's own romance novels! Clisson et Eugénie And many more of his works would be widely distributed, and the House of Bonaparte would defiantly sponsore it, with Napoleon ordering news papers to feature his novels on the front page (or back page), and for it to be advertised throughout the empire and her dominions and sister states.
Well, this is basically what I would predict a 19th Century French Renaissance would pottentially look like. Of course, many other works of French art that were made way before Napoleon's time would also become popular throughout Europe and the world through France's colonies. Hope you enjoyed this look into my idea, and it's accepted! - The History Nerd
Oh yeah, and I think you should start on adding more stuff to the French empire Page, the england page has more info then the French empire's! And this whole scenario is based around France! If you need any help with it, I'll be happy to help!
But it's not my place to tell you what to do, sorry if I sounded rude.
Alright,good! Just didn't want that to seem rude.
Chile (Napoleon's World)
Hi King, How have you been? I saw you already put a new president for Chile in Napoleon's World. I was planning to give you suggestions about that (including make the 2018 election article), but looks like I was late xD This Isabel Ospina, to which party she belong? Regards! --Katholico (talk) 00:35, July 14, 2018 (UTC)
- Oh I see. That's sounds interesting. You know, the surname Ospina is more common in Colombia than Chile xD
- I fix the Piñera's cabinet, but, I saw you put Hinzpeter as a member of the Christian Democrat, but he is more a liberal, so he should be in Liberal Renewal or at last in the National Party, if you want he be Piñera's minister. Other options for Bulnes are Defense, Education or Justice. Regards! --Katholico (talk) 04:54, July 18, 2018 (UTC)
Banned from mine and other sites and reported to Wiki Central. I removed his spam from your site.
Questioners about Thailand in Napoleon's Worlds"
Hi I just want to ask you about Thailand in that timeline.
-How do they become Communist? The king in OTL is widely popular. So how the communist takeover
-Why The Communist keep using Monarchist symbol (Flag and Coat of arms)
I just saw your profile. I'm from the Seattle area too.
Oh cool! What part?
I want my timeline back!
I thought I should've delete it, but then I remembered how badass it was
Hi KingSweden, I am a big fan of your work! I have been following this timeline for quite a while now and am wondering if you need some help with editing any of your pages or pictures. I touched up the base North America map and colored up the map of the United States and Canada.
If you do need help with anything feel free to contact me; keep up the good work!
I would be more than happy to help with mapwork or with touching up any pages that are either out-of-date or just need rewording. I would also be sure to not make changes to anything without your signing off on it!
Sorry for the late response, life has kept be busy lately but hopefully that will be changing soon. I would be very happy to collaborate on editing articles or creating new content. Just leave me a message if you want my input on something and I'll be glad to assist!
I'd be more than happy to help make/touch up maps. The area I am most intersted in is The Americas. I'd be happy to help with touching up the history in that area; I minored in US History so I have something of a background in it.
Help with my timeline
I've been working on my timeline called 2009: Shutdown, where the internet is destroyed in 2009 and the world goes back to the 1980s
tell me what you think and how i can make it bigger.
im introducing a singer named allie deberry, whos very popular. tell me what her first album should be called.
Can you please delete my Shutdown stuff?
Change the name to Music (2009: Shutdown)
can youdelte thid page
Since the TSPTF reports and suggestions page has not been active for a good amount of time, I am reporting these incidents directly to you. This past week or two has seen two new vandals: DAP92 and Hasan Obaid. DAP92 vandalized the United States of Columbia's article in the World of Alternatives while HO has vandalized the Roman Empire (Superpowers) and the Mughal Empire (A Different History). - Kaiser1918oftheGloriousGermanReich (talk) 02:09, May 23, 2020 (UTC)