|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
We are a community for creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever-growing collection of timelines.
Some other helpful reference pages:
Some general tips:
Your "Russia" page in my Timeline
As the author and rightholder of Myomi Republic timeline, I just informed that you have no right to make the page for my timeline or to edit my timeline pages without my permission.
Sure. What do you need help with? -Kogasa 2012年10月22日 02:02:30 (JST)
1) Russian analog of Touhou Project
2) New name fnd flag for Russian capital (former St. Petersburg)
3) Constitutional reforms
- For the first one, it can be called Проект „Восток“ (Proyekt „Vostok“) (which is Touhou Project in Russian). For the main characters, it can be Yuyuko Saigyouji (Ююко Сайгёдзи, Yuyuko Saygëdzi, original Japanese: 西行寺 幽々子) and Letty Whiterock (Летти Уайтрок Letti Uaytrok, original Japanese:レティ・ホワイトロック). Of course, you can always choose another character to be the main (as in, the main playable character throughout the series), like here. However, I find it quite simple if you leave all the characters the same as OTL (though changing around storyline, their names would be translated etc. in the Alternate time-line) as creating a new character from scratch can be quite difficult.
- For the Second, what kind of flag do you want on it? For the name, you want it in Japanese or Russian?
- For the third, maybe try bringing back the monarchy from the Russian Empire, could be a start. Maybe have a few reforms be similar to that of Japan, like the Tsaritsa/Tsar would have her/his role is merely ceremonial and she/he possesses no reserve powers for example. -Kogasa 2012年10月22日 03:55:27 (JST)
- Name - they will be two variants (Russian and Japanese).
- For the Japanese name, I suggest either Umika (海香; lit. Sea fragrant/incense) or Kitakyo/Hokukyo (北京; lit. Northern Capital). -Kogasa 2012年10月22日 19:14:43 (JST)
- There was one more question - what to do with the conflict in Chechnya
- And what can be called a timeline
- That, I don't really know. Either more effort is sent there and have the conflict end early; have the conflict never happening at all, and having a different Head of Chechnya in charge after the fall of USSR that doesn't want independence; or as a last resort, have Chechnya declare independence.
- For the time-line name, I suggest A Shadow in the Blue Sky. The time-line name works as it can reference the White Night festivals (seeing the original festival takes place in St. Petersburg: but really the title came from the music played at the title screen in Undefined Fantastic Object.). -Kogasa 2012年10月22日 23:42:49 (JST)
- I think it will be POD of A Shadow in the Blue Sky similar to the POD of "At the End of Spring" - just visit to Japanwas made by the President of Russia
- That's fine by me. :] Also, the PoD would be bit easier to start from as you would have a chance of having a larger Russia, with Russia keeping Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan etc. -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 00:41:54 (JST)
- Yes. As a part of Russia, I will OTL Russia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. Ukraine and Moldova made a "Second Finland."
- And what a year it is possible for a POD (if it will be in 1980s or 1990s)
- I suggest having PoD around early 1980s (1980-1983) as the best bet. -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 01:03:29 (JST)
- And who will be the Presidents of Russia and Ukraine in this case
- Both remain the same as OTL up until 1991. With the Ukraine after their independence, best President to start out with would be Sergei Sviatchenko (otl he lives in Denmark in 1990), could have him visit Finland and then he proceeds to make the 'Second Finland'.
- For Russia, have Irina Khakamada become President of Russia in 1991 until 2000, and then Yuri Arbachakov (2000-2008). Oleg N. Ryabov (OTL Consul-General of an Embassy for the Russian Federation in Japan) would also be a good choice for a President, can be after Yuri Arbachakov's term. -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 01:53:12 (JST)
- And what date can be assigned to the Khakamada's visit to Japan
- Around 1983. Maybe have her study in Japan for a while as well, and such. She arrives back in 1984. -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 02:32:48 (JST)
- And how better to make a description of the timeline on the main page?
- It can be simple. Maybe start with the PoD and then go bit into the main stuff. You can also put the time-line on the main page too, so it doesn't seem that short (like how I did in my Satomi Maiden ~ Third Power main page). Start out with that Irina Khakamada visited and studied in Japan in 1983, then returned 1984 and then by 1991, the USSR gets turned into the Russian Federation, and from there she becomes President, and then turns Russia into Second Japan. The same thing can be done with Sergei Sviatchenko and Ukraine, just for them would be Second Finland. -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 20:50:09 (JST)
- And what can be on the list of political parties in Russia and Ukraine?
- Russia - Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, Democratic Party, People's New Party, Social Democratic Party, New Komeito, United Russia
- Ukraine - National Coalition Party, Social Democratic Party, Green League, All-Ukrainian Union Fatherland, Democratic Party of Ukraine -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 21:15:56 (JST)
- LDPJ-like Party - Reformist Union of Russia
- That works too. It can replace the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia. -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 21:25:08 (JST)
- Ukraine still needs to parties representing the interests of Russians and Crimean Tatars (parties should be similar to those of the Swedish People's Party)
- Russian People's Party of Ukraine and Crimean Tatar League of Ukraine. Or if you wanted them combined, then Party of Russian-Crimean Tatar League. -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 21:33:51 (JST)
- Main page is already written. Be able to participate in the editing of the project?
- Sure, I'll be able to help out. -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 21:51:45 (JST)
- List of Nations and Organizations. And help in editing of Main Page and articles about Russia and Ukraine
- I shall get started on those. Also I re-worded the main page so that it flows well and such, but everything remains the same. -Kogasa 2012年10月23日 22:01:09 (JST)
- Article on Russia is ready (or rather blank to the article)
- I think someone may be after Sviatchenko as the President of Ukraine. What may be possible?
- Andrii Deshchytsia could be one. Then after him, Yulia Tymoshenko. -Kogasa 2012年10月24日 06:07:46 (JST)
- I decided to revisit the idea. I think that can be done in Afghanistan (the Taliban on the timeline loses civil war)?
- About that, maybe the Islamic State of Afghanistan had gotten more support somehow, so that they were able to defeat the Taliban and prevented the Taliban from winning? -Kogasa 2012年12月26日 20:56:09 (JST)
- Defeat of Taliban. And what kind of events can lead to the United States if there president in 2011 will be John Boehner
- With the US, I'm not too sure. I'm guessing the Republicans could remain fairly more popular in the long run, or a Democratic came in power from 2000-2008, in which the Republican wins the next elections. -Kogasa 2012年12月26日 22:26:14 (JST)
- And what can be done with Yugoslavia (in the timeline, it will survive it includes are Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo and the Republika Srpska)?
- Yugoslavia could have had some more support in the war. By the end Slovenia, Croatia, and Macedonia were independent, while Bosnia becomes divided. Yugoslavia would retrain Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Republika Srpska and Yugoslavia would also have the Brčko District and the Posavina Canton. The rest of Bosnia-Herzegovina is independent. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 00:04:15 (JST)
- In Germany, I plan the following idea: The SPD remains in power. But who will be the chancellor since 2005?
- Andrea Nahles would be a good choice. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 00:33:42 (JST)
- And what are the lists of presidents of Yugoslavia and Afghanistan?
- Yugoslavia: Slobodan Milošević (1991-1997), Dragoljub Mićunović (1997-2004), Ljiljana Aranđelović (2004-2009), Filip Vujanović (2009-present)
- Afghanistan: Burhanuddin Rabbani (1992-1996), Abdullah Abdullah (1996-2004) Ahmad Zia Massoud (2004-2009) Hamid Karzai (2009-present)
- If you have other ideas on replacing one or few of them feel free to do so. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 01:20:41 (JST)
- And what kind of cultural changes in Russia can be, for example (in the timeline)?
- Shinto and Buddhism would spread further, Japanese-style festivals would be commonplace, adopt some of the Japanese standards of living, etc. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 02:13:27 (JST)
- And how a campaign on popularization of anime?
- Local tv stations would bring Anime from Japan and translate it to Russian for the Russian viewers, then some Russian Anime companies would be established as well, could be a start. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 02:51:24 (JST)
- And how carry out a reform of the administrative-territorial division
- I'm not too sure what you mean. If you mean like seeding territories, maybe give half of Karafuto (Sakhalin) and half of Chishima (Kuril) Islands to Japan. If your talking about the administrative subdivision, I don't know where to start. Might have to plan out a map of that and get back to you on it. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 17:48:21 (JST)
- And what percentage of the Christian population would be in such a situation?
- Maybe like around 25%-50% -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 18:08:18 (JST)
- And how much will percent of Shintoists?
- Around 35-40%. For the Buddhists, it would be roughly 10-35% and be spread across the Caucasus and Far Eastern regions and also Kalmykia. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 18:27:47 (JST)
- And how to do joint business with Japan?
- Like maybe there would be joint Russian-Japanese companies to start with. For example, Mitsubishi Electric Europe would help out with one of the Electric companies in Russia and they work together. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 19:12:35 (JST)
- And how will the U.S. foreign policy without the 9/11?
- They would not be involved in international affairs as much, but they would still be focused more in Asia, due to North Korea. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 19:35:22 (JST)
- What about the idea of joint intervention of Russia, the U.S. and South Korea to the DPRK?
- Very risky. And if China goes and helps out North Korea, it would be another long war. Be best to wait it out, and for North Korea to collapse itself, or maybe China would not be willing to help North Korea as much and soon when China loses some interest/rather have unification of Korea under South Korean rule, then a next incident happens, then maybe North Korea would be invaded and annexed to South Korea. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 19:59:49 (JST)
- In China, can be arranged democratic revolution in the late 1990's or early 2000's
- That can work. China has a revolution in 1989 and is successful, Taiwan would merge into China (and China still holds onto Xinjiang and Tibet) Then by around 2005, with the help of Democratic China, then they all would invade North Korea and by 2008, Korea would finally be united under South Korean rule. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 20:21:22 (JST)
- Can be so. And who will command the troops of the international forces in Korea (in OTL - commander of ISAF)?
- Mauro del Vecchio or David J. Richards. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 22:28:20 (JST)
- And if someone from Russia or South Korea?
- Lee Myung Bak for South Korea, Sergey Shoygu for Russia. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 22:42:52 (JST)
- And how do you feel about this idea that before the Peter Jackson shot films on "The Lord of the Rings", in 1998, in Japan filmed anime based on Tolkien?
- That is a good idea. Go for it. It could be directed by Tetsuya Watanabe and produced under Studio Fantasia. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 23:22:21 (JST)
- And the more it will be different from the original "Lord of the Rings'?
- More or less. Don't think they would want to change too much from the original though. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 23:31:02 (JST)
- More different
- Okay. -Kogasa 2012年12月28日 00:08:51 (JST)
- How to reform the Armed Forces and the Interior Ministry?
- I don't think there would be much changes there. But if you wanted to, maybe have the Armed Forces be less on the offensive side? For the Interior ministry, they could put more emphasis in fighting corruption and crime? Maybe Russia would become to have the lowest crime rates in similar to Japan? -Kogasa 2012年12月28日 04:12:41 (JST)
- And who will be the Federal President of Germany, if the SPD is still in power?
- Hannelore Kraft, Olaf Scholz, or Klaus Wowereit. -Kogasa 2012年12月29日 00:07:57 (JST)
- How to reform the Interior Ministry of Ukraine?
- Similar. Like they would get rid of corruption and fighting crime more effectively as well etc. Then they would rank in similar to Finland. -Kogasa 2012年12月29日 07:12:43 (JST)
- And what are the ranks entered in the Interior Ministry of Ukraine?
- I really don't know, sorry. Maybe it can stay the same. -Kogasa 2012年12月30日 02:47:50 (JST)
- And what percentage will gain these political parties in Ukraine during the elections to the Verkhovna Rada?
- National Coalition Party ~ 30%, Social Democratic Party ~ 25%, Democratic Party of Ukraine ~ 20%, All-Ukrainian Union Fatherland ~ 10%, Green League ~ 10%, Party of Russian-Crimean Tatar League ~ 5%. Feel free to adjust if necessary. -Kogasa 2012年12月30日 04:35:05 (JST)
- And what percentage gain the parties in Russia on the parliamentary elections?
- Liberal Democratic Party of Russia ~ 28%, Reformist Union of Russia ~ 25%, Social Democratic Party ~22%, United Russia ~15%, Democratic Party ~ 7%, People's New Party ~3%. Again, feel free to adjust if necessary. -Kogasa 2012年12月31日 02:08:06 (JST)
- And who will lead the Social Democratic Party?
- Vladimir Kishenin. -Kogasa 2013年1月03日 20:50:36 (JST)
- And who will lead the People's New Party?
- Rustem Khamitov, Dmitry Kobylkin, Grigory Anikeyev or Boris Gryzlov. -Kogasa 2013年1月13日 03:06:08 (JST)
- And who will lead the Reformist Union of Russia?
- Viktor Zubkov, Sergei Kukharenko, or Anatoly Artamonov. -Kogasa 2013年1月17日 21:36:26 (JST)
- And who can lead the Democratic Party of Russia?
- Andrei Vladimirovich Bogdanov. -Kogasa 2013年1月25日 06:43:22 (JST)
- And who will be the prime minister of Russia in 2011?
- Maybe Andrey Belyaninov, Maksim Rokhmistrov, or Alexey Chernyshov. -Kogasa 2013年1月26日 02:58:03 (JST)
- And who will be the Vice President of the United States in the administration of Boehner?
- Haley Barbour or Paul Ryan. -Kogasa 2013年2月05日 03:53:12 (JST)
- And who will be the President of the United States in the event of defeat of Boehner in the 2012 election?
- Maybe Mark Dayton, Steven Horsford, or Jim Matheson. -Kogasa 2013年3月15日 00:20:37 (JST)
- And who can be the vice-president of the United States after the 2012 elections?
- Ted Kaufman, Mark Pryor, or Tim Kaine. -Kogasa 2013年3月20日 22:10:40 (JST)
- And who can be Prime Minister of Great Britain (Labour won in 2010)?
- Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, or Ed Miliband. -Kogasa 2013年3月20日 23:14:11 (JST)
- And what can be prerequisites for Texas gained its independence in the early 2000s?
- Not sure. Maybe have the Texas Nationalist Movement become more popular in Texas earlier on, then by around early 2000s they have a petition to declare independence. Once passed, Texas becomes independent. -Kogasa 2013年3月20日 23:57:53 (JST)
- And who will be the first President of Texas?
- And you can make a map of the world of the "A Shadow In the Blue sky"?
- David Dewhurst, Jon Cornyn, or Ted Cruz can be first President of Texas. As for the map, it's done. -Kogasa 2013年3月21日 02:22:34 (JST)
- And who will be the head of the shadow government of Great Britain?
- David Cameron. -Kogasa 2013年3月21日 23:56:34 (JST)
- And I have an idea on the timeline - the Russian-US-Afghan intervention in Iran
- What's the idea behind it? Will that take the place of the war in Iraq? -Kogasa 2013年3月22日 01:00:55 (JST)
- War in Iran will be instead of the war in Iraq.
- Fair enough. What will be the cause of this event, if there is no 9/11? -Kogasa 2013年3月22日 02:24:54 (JST)
- According to the scenario, Iran hinders the interests of Russia and the U.S. in the region
- And how carry out reforms of the Russian economy?
- And who in this timeline will be the President of the Republic of Korea?
- And who will be the Defense Minister of Russia in Arbachakov administration?
- And who will be Vice President of USA in 2005?
Re:Ideas for Russia
Thank you so much for your ideas for suggestions on Russian presidents and political parties. Please forgive me for the late reply (been preoccupied lately). After doing some reading about them, I think Glazyev is interesting, but Rogozin seems to nationalistic for the presidency? I would like to get your opinion on him.
As for the parties, very interesting. Especially Unity being a separate party (I did a similar thing in my New Union timeline). Also, you say the CPRF would transform into the "CPR," and would be less like the CPRF. How so? Do you mean more Marxist-Leninist and less Stalinist?
CPR, as not like to the CPRF - more Marxist-Leninist. Rogozin - he will continue the policy of Glazyev. Ideology of Unity - centrism and statism
Please leave your suggestions on this page on the talk on my site .
No Victoria/Russian-Japan alliance
Sure, I'll help.
To start, maybe William IV of the United Kingdom had actually have children with Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen, as opposed to having illegimate children with the actress. That way, a legitimate successor would be chosen, instead of Victoria.
As for the Russian-Japanese alliance, maybe both nations could have begun to improve instead of turning hostile after diplomacy opened in 1855. In that case, maybe there would be an Russian Emperor who has a liking for being friends with Japan? Then by around the late 1880s or so, an official alliance could be formed. -Kogasa 2012年12月26日 20:48:06 (JST)
I have an idea of the Second World War in this world: the alliance of Russia, Japan and France against Germany and UK. And will look like a victory of the Alliance of Russia, Japan and France over the enemy?
That can work. Especially with Russian's strength, the Russia-France-Japan alliance would definitely win over the UK and Germany in the long run. -Kogasa 2012年12月26日 22:26:14 (JST)
And how can you call the military operation to landing of the Allied forces (Russia, France and Japan) in the UK?
Operation Lion's Domain or Operation Sólnce (Солнце) would be good. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 00:04:15 (JST)
And what you can give a name to the timeline?
Maybe 'The Eastern Friendship' could be good. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 00:33:42 (JST)
In this timeline, Russia will be territory of the former Soviet Union, as well as Spitsbergen and Alaska. And it will be a republic. And what name will be of the region in Alaska?
Alaska could still be called Alaska since the Russians introduced during the colonial era. Or maybe Alyeska. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 01:20:41 (JST)
And what can the Cold War ended in the timeline (if Russia and Japan win over France)?
Can be as early as 1985, or as late as 1990. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 02:13:27 (JST)
And who will be on the side of Russia and Japan in the Cold War?
Maybe most of the Asian nations (especially South-East Asia, India, China, Indonesia), most of Latin America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay), US, Eastern Europe (Poland, Yugoslavia, Greece, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Hungary), former British colonies in Africa, and Australia. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 02:51:24 (JST)
And who can be on the side of France?
Maybe the UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Denmark-Norway, Venezuela, Ecuador, Belize, Benelux, New Zealand, and Iran. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 17:48:21 (JST)
And on what years can be done a PODs?
For to have No Victoria: The PoD would be around the 1830s. For a Russian-Japanese alliance, PoD around the 1850s. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 18:08:18 (JST)
And who will be Prime Minister of of Great Britain during World War II?
Oswald Mosley. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 18:27:47 (JST)
Able to help me in the editing?
Of course. :] -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 19:12:35 (JST)
Home page is ready:
Right, shall we put the timeline on the front page? -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 19:35:22 (JST)
Timeline can be. But who will be the successor of Wilhelm IV, if Victoria did not ascend to the throne? Also need a list of nations, as well as articles about the Second World War and the Cold War.
The successor would be crowned as William V. And on it. By the way, what territory should Japan have? I mean, both Russia and Japan were interested in expanding in East Asia and both fought for it OTL. Maybe in TTL, for friendship, Russia and Japan would share some parts together (like Manchuria for example).
Anyway got some of the timeline started. If something is wrong feel free to edit it. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 19:59:49 (JST)
In Manchuria, you can create an area of co-management. And what will be called the alliance between Russia and Japan in the Cold War?
That can work. And for that, the Eastern Alliance works fine.
Also about your nation page, I was thinking that Korea could be under Japanese rule somehow. Like maybe China would side in the Axis (with Britain and Germany) in Second World War and Japan would take Korea and then some part of China. What do you think? -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 20:21:22 (JST)
Accept the idea. And who can be president of the United States in 2011, when Canada (except Quebec) is a territory of the United States?
Stephen Harper, David Johnston or Beverley McLachlin. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 22:28:20 (JST)
Who is going to run for vice president, if Harper is running on a ITTL equivalent of Libertarians or Republicans?
Paul Martin, Hillary Clinton, or Jean Chrétien. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 22:42:52 (JST)
And if the elections in the U.S. in 2008 to do so:
Obama/Kerry (Progressive, OTL Democratic)
Sounds about right. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 23:22:21 (JST)
And whose side are CSA? France or Eastern Alliance?
France. -Kogasa 2012年12月27日 23:31:02 (JST)
And who will be the President of the CSA in 1990 (the end of the Cold War)?
Able to help me in editing articles about Russia?
James J. Greco, Maryon Pittman Allen, or Jimmy Carter.
And sure. -Kogasa 2012年12月28日 00:08:51 (JST)
And who will be the President of Russia in 2011?
Vladimir Potanin or Sergey Kiriyenko. -Kogasa 2012年12月28日 04:12:41 (JST)
And where can a CSA to create a situation similar to the conflict in Chechnya in OTL?
I honestly don't know. Maybe Cuba, I guess. -Kogasa 2012年12月29日 00:07:57 (JST)
And who will lead the Cuban rebels?
Fidel and Raul Castro at first. -Kogasa 2012年12月29日 07:12:43 (JST)
And who will lead France after 1990?
And who will be the President of England and the Prime Minister of Scotland?
David Cameron for President of England. Tony Blair and/or Gordon Brown for Prime Minister of Scotland. -Kogasa 2012年12月30日 04:35:05 (JST)
And who will be the king / queen of Scotland?
Elizabeth II. -Kogasa 2012年12月31日 02:08:06 (JST)
And who will be president of the United Arab Republic?
Mohamed Morsi, Hesham Qandil, or Burhan Ghalioun are some possible choices. -Kogasa 2013年1月03日 20:50:36 (JST)
And which side of the Cold War will be the UAR?
Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Yemen, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, and Libya. -Kogasa 2013年1月13日 03:06:08 (JST)
And who will support France in the civil war in Angola - UNITA or FNLA?
Able to help me in editing articles about the Cold War:
For the support of France, not sure. And I'll help with the page editing. -Kogasa 2013年1月17日 21:36:26 (JST)
Conflicts of the Cold War (similar to Vietnam, Korea, Cuba, Afghanistan), and democratization in France
Somalia can be the ATL conflict of Afghanistan, Sweden/Suriname/or Guyana can be the ATL conflict of Cuba.
For a Vietnam/Korea conflict is tricky. I'd say Burma for the Vietnam conflict, and maybe Nicaragua for the Korea conflict. -Kogasa 2013年1月25日 06:43:22 (JST)
And what will be the democratization of France?
Jean-René Lecerf could become president in 1985, and try to make reforms similar to OTL Gorbachev. He would lead the democratisation of France. By when the Cold War ends, France would move on to a true democracy. -Kogasa 2013年1月26日 02:58:03 (JST)
And who will be the President of Russia in 1990?
Maybe Andrey Kozyrev, Mikhail Batin, Viktor Ivanov, or Vitaly Churkin. -Kogasa 2013年2月05日 03:53:12 (JST)
And who will be the President of France after Lecerf?
Hervé Novelli or Pierre Méhaignerie. -Kogasa 2013年3月15日 00:20:37 (JST)
And who in 1990 will be U.S. President?
Be able to make a map of the world of "The Eastern Friendship"?
George HW Bush can be president in 1990.
For the world map, I can make it. -Kogasa 2013年3月20日 22:10:40 (JST)
And what can the list of parties in the Republic of England and Kingdom of Scotland?
Parties of England: Conservatives, Labour Party, Liberal Democrats. Parties of Scotland: National Party, Green Party, Scottish Progressives, Scottish Socialist Party. -Kogasa 2013年3月20日 23:14:11 (JST)
And who will be the Prime Minister of the Mexican Empire?
Enrique Peña Nieto, Miguel Ángel Osorio Chong, or Jorge González Torres. -Kogasa 2013年3月20日 23:57:53 (JST)
And what will be the conflict in Cuba?
Communists attempt to take Cuba and declare independence from the CSA. They have no success as the CSA manages to defeat them. -Kogasa 2013年3月21日 02:22:34 (JST)
And what will be the symbol of the Olympic Games in 2012 (which will be held in Tokyo)?
Be able to make maps of the Second World War and the Cold War of "The Eastern Friendship"?
The symbol is based on the OTL Osaka bid symbol of 2008 Olympics.
I have both the symbol and the Cold War map up. With the Second World War map, you want me to show the Axis's greatest extent (as in, the territory held by the Axis before the allies push them back and defeat them.)? -Kogasa 2013年3月21日 23:56:34 (JST)
Germany, unlike to OTL is weaker. British Empire during WWII was the territory, like in OTL, but without Canada
I have made the map before the start of the Second World War. -Kogasa 2013年3月22日 01:00:55 (JST)
And you can make a map for 1990 (main event - the reunification of Germany, the fall of France, the war in the Philippines, of Japan (similar to the U.S. war in Panama in OTL 1989), the conflict in Cuba)?
It's done. Though I had the Philippines divided like Korea in OTL (instead of Nicaragua). I moved the Panama-like conflict to Malaysia. Would that be okay? If not, I can re-edit both the Cold War and 1990 map to make it fit with your idea. -Kogasa 2013年3月22日 02:24:54 (JST)
OK. And where you can make a conflict similar to Yugoslavia?
Either Angola or Namibia. -Kogasa 2013年3月22日 03:40:45 (JST)
And what will be the second war in Cuba? (similar to the Second Chechen War)
Communists still attempt to take over Cuba and declare independence. They are once again defeated, but manage to hold them out for a while longer. -Kogasa 2013年4月02日 01:22:46 (JST)
And who will be the governor of Cuba during the Second Cuban War?
Raul Castro. -Kogasa 2013年4月02日 01:48:05 (JST)
And who will command the Army of CSA during the Second Cuban War?
Bill Clinton. -Kogasa 2013年4月04日 01:51:59 (JST)
And who will be the dictator of Malaysia during the conflict there?
Abdul Rahman. -Kogasa 2013年4月04日 20:50:43 (JST)
And where would be a conflict similar to the conflict in Colombia?
And what will be the analogue of the movie "Red Dawn" in this timeline?
I'd say Peru for the conflict.
The Red Dawn would be replaced with the French, and I think the ATL film can be called 'French Rising'. -Kogasa 2013年4月04日 22:49:32 (JST)
And what it can tell (if the action takes place in Japan)?
The French managed a successful invasion of Russia, and begin to launch their next attack, called Operation Oriental. On an October morning in Kawara, Fukuoka, the mayor notices some French paratroopers landing not too far from the town. He goes to check it out, but is shot. Few of the residents go to flee and stay out of sight for a while. Eventually an armed resistance is established calling themselves the "Jinag Shi". By the end of the film in the epilogue, it tells that Japan was able to repel the French invasion some time later. -Kogasa 2013年4月04日 23:36:59 (JST)
And what will be the plot of "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2" in this timeline?
Instead of China, it would be Québec and CSA against Russia and Japan for the Second Cold War. -Kogasa 2013年4月05日 01:48:39 (JST)
And how the mission will be taking place in 1986 and 1989?
And in this timeline will look alternative historical stories and novels about the British Empire?
I assume that it would take place in the Angola-Namibia Border War instead of South Africa. For the latter, would take place during the Somalia War, in French Occupied Somalia.
For the second one, maybe one example could be that the novel The Man in the High Castle in the alternate time-line could take place in a world where the Axis (Britain, Germany, and China) won the Second World War? -Kogasa 2013年4月05日 23:30:21 (JST)
And will look like a novel, which is the analogue of the "Vaterland" by Robert Harris?
And how will look the mission taking place in 2025 in "Black Ops 2"?
It would be the United Kingdom instead of Germany. In it, I'd expect the UK to annex most of Western Europe save for the lowland countries (ie Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg) and Germany; and the British would also have Iceland, Greenland, and Québec.
Menendez launches an attack that cripples both the Québec and CSA Stock Exchange. Both nations ban the export of rare earth elements, and heats up the Second Cold War. Later, Ecuador is infiltrated, and Section investigates a spike in activity there. Later deployed into Egypt, attempting to gather intelligence into Menendez's plots. Then it goes on into Bahamas, Oman, and finally to Dominican Republic where it ends. -Kogasa 2013年4月06日 01:32:13 (JST)
And who will be the analogue of Mason and Harper (one - the Japanese, and the other - Russian)?
Where to Russia will be equivalent of war in Iraq?
And as if this timeline looked "Star Trek"?
Morimoto and Timoshenko for the first one, Yemen for the second, and Star Trek would be created in Mexico since the creator would be born in Mexico in this time-line (in OTL He was born in El Paso, Texas). -Kogasa 2013年4月06日 18:56:23 (JST)
And what will be called the missions of the "Black Ops 2" in this timeline?
And in this timeline will look the Strike Force missions?
And in this timeline will look like game "Homefront"?
For both the regular and Strike Force missions, they can stay with the same names as OTL save more maybe the last, which would be called 'Operation Dominica'.
With Homefront, the scenario would be South Philippines (which was very supportive of France during the Cold War) would soon unite North Philippines into the Greater Philippines Republic, then they expand to include Indonesia, South East Asia, China, Japan, and most of Russia. The Russian Resistance, led by Dmitri Ayvazovsky, goes on to liberate Russia from Philippine Occupation. -Kogasa 2013年4月06日 21:35:26 (JST)
And in this timeline will look like "Battlefield 3" and "Ghost Recon"?
And how in the world would look like "Call of Duty 4"?
And what will be the war in Somalia?
And what will terrorism in the former Britain?
In Battlefield Three, Russia, instead of the US, gets involved; for Ghost Recon, civil unrest in France leads to the rise of an ultra-nationalist regime and soon the French begin to re-build their colonial empire, and soon an elite group of the Imperial Japanese Army Special Forces begin operations to prevent France from rebuilding said colonial empire. For Call of Duty Four, one difference could be that a civil war happens in the CSA between the government and the ultra-nationalists who want to take over the USA and unite it under their banner. For Somalia, the French attempt to help the Pro-French government remain in power, but fail. For terrorism in Britain, maybe a radical pro-British group goes out to attempt to reunite the British Isles? -Kogasa 2013年4月07日 02:17:07 (JST)
And what will be the factions of "Call of Duty 4"?
And will look like "Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter" (but there will be a Russian spetsnaz)?
And what will be the situation after the defeat of France after the war in Somalia?
Don't know for the factions part, sorry to say. For Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, the plot deals with Chinese revolutionaries, and having to protect both the Russian President and Japanese Prime Minister. Upon defeat of France in Somalia, Somalia allies with the United Arab Republic. -Kogasa 2013年4月07日 03:13:17 (JST)
And who will be the protagonists and antagonists of "Call of Duty 4"?
And will look like Skyrim in "The Elder Scrolls 5", if in this timeline it is more Slavic than a Scandinavian?
Where will Japan's equivalent of operation "Desert Storm"?
In Call of Duty Four the main protagonist would be Anatoly Chekhov and main antagonist would be Tom Connolly. For Elder Scrolls Five I assume will take place in the Balkans, other than that it probably looks similar to OTL. For the last, it would be called Operation Typhoon and takes place in the Japanese invasion of Malaysia. -Kogasa 2013年4月07日 04:20:22 (JST)
And what will happen to Malaysia after the war? And will look like the plot of "Modern Warfare 2"? And what will happen to Malaysia after the war?
Malaysia is defeated by Japan and the rebellion is crushed. For plot in Modern Warfare Two, Ultra-nationalists take control in the US, and later, the US launches a surprise invasion of Russia; the goal is to push out and defeat the US. This continues on in the next game. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 01:08:13 (JST)
And in this timeline will look "Battlefield Bad Company 2"?
And in this timeline will look like "Doctor Who," if he was filmed in the U.S., not in the UK?
Battlefield Bad Company Two stays similar to OTL except the US would infiltrate an Nationalist China-controlled island in the East China Sea. As for Doctor Who, the series would stay similar to OTL, except that the series would be more US centred. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 01:46:44 (JST)
And what changes will be in the culture, if in this timeline the movie "The Matrix" was not filmed?
And who will be the President of Yemen during a military operation similar to Iraq in OTL?
Without "The Matrix" being filmed, some films that drew influence or parodies from The Matrix wouldn't be put in said films. President of Yemen at that time would be Ali Salim al-Beidh. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 02:07:29 (JST)
Where to Japan will be equivalent of the Operation Odyssey Dawn?
And in this timeline will look "Prototype 2" (ITTL - anime and computer game)?
Operation Odyssey Dawn will take place in Algeria instead of Libya. For the Prototype 2 anime, it will have its story similar to the game but adds more stuff not seen in the game. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 02:32:26 (JST)
And in this timeline will look Bioshock?
And who will be the President of the Democratic Republic of Wales?
Bioshock stays similar to OTL. The President of Wales will be Robert Griffiths. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 02:55:05 (JST)
And in this timeline will look "Fringe" TV series, If in ITTL this TV series is spin-off to "Doctor Who" instead "Torchwood"?
And who will be President of England in 1990-1994?
The Fringe series will probably include some Doctor Who elements, like the Daleks. President of England from 1990 until 1994 could be Tony Blair. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 03:19:18 (JST)
And in this timeline will look like "Star Wars" when they invented only in 1996?
And what characters will be in the TV series "Fringe" from "Doctor Who"?
Star Wars would be less popular in that case, though it would remain similar to OTL. For the second question, expect some main characters as well as the Doctor himself to appear in a few episodes. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 03:27:53 (JST)
And what characters can appear (excluding the Doctor)?
And in this timeline will look like "Full Metal Panic" (if there is an analogue of the USSR is CSA)?
George Baldwin, Amelia Grover, Paul Brown, Robert Dalton are some characters that could appear in Fringe. For Full Metal Panic, expect the US to not have Canada in the series. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 03:56:48 (JST)
And what are the analogues of these characters in the OTL "Doctor Who"?
And I understand that the U.S. and Canada - is an analogue of divided China?
George Baldwin was working in a top secret base, Amelia Grover was the daughter for Marshal Grover and was involved in an accident which resulted in her losing one of her arms, Paul Brown was the husband of Janine Foster, and Robert Dalton was head of Unified Intelligence Taskforce.
Yes, its the analogue of divided China. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 04:23:50 (JST)
And as if this timeline look like book of Harry Turtledove named "God, Save the Victoria!"?
And who will be U.S. President in 1993-2001?
And who will be President of Russia in 2000?
And in this timeline will look like "Babylon-5"?
And who will be President of England in 2000-2006?
Russia in Myomi Republic
Okay, I will give you a permission. But, first, I must know your idea about Russia that you're going to put on my timeline. If I like it, I will permit you. But, if I don't like it, submit another idea...
Note: put your signature everytime you write to another users' talkpage
According to my idea:
1) Russia should include territories of OTL Russia (without southern Sakhalin), Belarus, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Crimea
2) The elimination of several national republics with a low percentage of indigenous peoples (Karelia, Mordovia, Udmurtia, Mari El, Chuvashia)
Okay, this is my responses:
1) Not bad idea, I accept it
2) Heck, what?! Then the Jewish Autonomous Oblast too?
Can be include in the Khabarovsk Territory. Also, about the Ukraine (if you please) - I plan to idea about regime, similar to Belarus it OTL
No, I want the JAO and Karelia to being retained as well as the re-establishment of Volga German republic in Kaliningrad. About Ukraine, okay, I will give you a permission. Now, you can have your "Russia" in MyoMin timeline...
About Ukraine I said - there will be a political system similar to Belarus in OTL. Also, as part of Ukraine will be Transnistria. Also I would like to ask permission to write article about Ukraine.
Okay, no problem, But, since I also already planned to create a page about Ukraine in my timeline, can you give me more detailed depiction about "your Ukraine"?, so my idea and your idea will not contradict to each other.
I changed my mind. I disagree with Transnitria as the part of Ukraine
Sure, I can help with the idea. -Kogasa 2013年4月02日 01:48:05 (JST)
Let's start with Russia: Russia controls the former RSFSR, the Byelorussian SSR, eastern part of the former Ukrainian SSR and the Transnistria, as well as Kazakhstan.
Also: And what you can offer a fork for the coming to power of the Ultranationalists in Russia?
Have the Hungarian Revolution of 1956 be partly successful. Then later on, other nationalist parties in the Eastern Bloc would soon revolt sometime in the 1980s, which would then spread to the USSR. -Kogasa 2013年4月02日 02:24:39 (JST)
And how can call the timeline?
And who will be the President of the USA in this timeline?
The name of the time-line can be 'Midway Paradise'.
As for the President of USA one, Rudy Giuliani. -Kogasa 2013年4月04日 01:51:59 (JST)
And where will be similar to the conflict in Chechnya (if an analog occurred in the Empire of the Rising Sun and its satellites, OTL conflict in Chechnya will also be)?
And in Germany (GDR there includes all of Germany without Lusatian territories (they part of Poland). And what can the POD?
I'd say Burma for the Chechnya conflict.
The PoD for the time-line is Japanese having victory at Midway. -Kogasa 2013年4月04日 20:50:43 (JST)
And as part of Poland renamed City of Cottbus?
And who will be the President of Russia, once in 2000 ultranationalist government followed by a conservative-centrist?
Either Andrey Dunaev or Sergey Mitrokhin. -Kogasa 2013年4月04日 23:36:59 (JST)
And who will be the President of the GDR?
And how will the "Doctor Who" in this timeline?
President for Germany can be Patrik Köbele.
For Doctor Who, I'm not sure. Would still be made in Britain, and would stay the same for the most part. -Kogasa 2013年4月05日 01:48:39 (JST)
And where will be conflict for the U.S. similar to war in the Falkland Islands?
And who will be the President of the United States, if the Republicans will give way to libertarians?
I'd say Alaska for the Falkland conflict. For the second, Geoff Neale. -Kogasa 2013年4月05日 23:30:21 (JST)
And who will be the Prime Minister of Great Britain, where the candidate of the Independence Party of the United Kingdom (UKIP)?
I made the main page of the timeline. Be able to help me in editing?:
What you need to add: list of nations; a list of organizations; WWII; the Cold War; the situation in the world since 1989?
And who will be the Vice-President at Giuliani?
Jonathan Arnott for Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and Vice President for the United States can be Thaddeus McCotter. -Kogasa 2013年4月06日 01:32:13 (JST)
And in this timeline will look "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3", if there is an Russian invasion in the U.S. was arranged by secret agents of the Empire of the Rising Sun?
And what will be the first war in Burma (the script the First Chechen war)?
For the first one, it can work. As the Third World War expands in the game, Japan soon find themselves in it once its been found out that it was arranged by secret agents. For the second, I'd say the communists would be the cause for the war here. -Kogasa 2013年4月06日 18:56:23 (JST)
And in this timeline will look "1983: Doomsday", if instead of 1983, World War 3 taking place in 1996?
And in what country of the East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere conflict can occur, is similar to the war in Yugoslavia?
And a list of the wars of the timeline?
In "1996: Doomsday", the Third World War would be between USA, Russia, and Japan. China would not be as hard hit, Philippines would be in ruins, and US, Russia, and Japan themselves fracture into smaller nations. Meanwhile Europe manages to go unscathed, along with South America and Africa. New powers to rise in power would be the European Union and the Confederation of Latin America.
Indochina can be the similar to Yugoslavia. Independence movements for Laos and Cambodia fail though, and Indochina manages to stay together. -Kogasa 2013年4月06日 21:35:26 (JST)
And in this timeline will look like "Star Wars"?
And what will be the Soviet war in Afghanistan, if the Mujahideen supported by Japan?
And in this timeline will look "Tom Clancy's Endwar"?
Star Wars can remain the same as OTL. For the Afghanistan War, the Soviets would lose and the war ends earlier than OTL since the Mujahideen would be supported by Japan. For Tom Clancy's Endwar, instead of the US getting involved, its Japan that gets involved. -Kogasa 2013年4月07日 02:17:07 (JST)
And how it will look analogue of film "Red Dawn" (2012, not 1984)?
And in this timeline will look like a 1997 movie about a girl who implanted genes of snake?
And in this timeline will look like "Crysis" (if, instead of North Korea, against to the U.S. (or Japan) fighting Russia)?
For Red Dawn, Japan and its allies are weakened by the fallout of the economic crisis, an emerging alliance between ultra-nationalist Russia and US, and increased deployment of Japan aboard, leaving the Home Islands vulnerable. For the other film with the snake, do you mean something along the lines of the film called The Snake Woman? For Crysis it'll be Russia against the US. -Kogasa 2013年4月07日 03:13:17 (JST)
And what will be the action film "The Snake Woman" if the action is happening in the UK, U.S. and Japan, where the main character fight against U.S. mercenaries?
And what will be the changes in Crysis than OTL?
And what brand of cars in this timeline will be more popular?
For the film The Snake Woman the main character is a Russian named Milla Jovovich. In Crysis the change will be that Russia invades the US but gets interrupted by aliens and both unite together to fight against the invasion. For the third one I assume it stays similar to OTL. -Kogasa 2013年4月07日 04:20:22 (JST)
And in this timeline will be war in the Persian Gulf? And in this timeline will look like "Starship Troopers", if there is it not written by Robert A. Heinlein, and an unknown author in 1992?
The Gulf War will be similar to OTL. For Starship Troopers, the story would revolve around a young Thai military personnel, the story itself stays similar to OTL. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 01:08:13 (JST)
And would look like plot of "The Snake Woman" and 2010 remake?
And in this timeline will look like anime "Full Metal Panic" (if the ultranationalist Russia instead USSR)?
I don't know about how the plot for The Snake Woman should be. For Full Metal Panic, with an ultra-nationalist Russia in place, China would be split into Nationalist China (North) and Social Democratic China (South). -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 01:46:44 (JST)
And in this timeline will look like the GEACOP war in Afghanistan (OTL Operarion Enduring Freedom)?
And in this timeline will look "Neon Genesis Evangelion"?
Maybe the communists make a comeback and cause another Afghan Civil War? As for Neon Genesis Evangelion, I assume it stays similar to OTL. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 02:07:29 (JST)
For the first - yes.
And in this timeline will look "Transformers"?
And who will be the protagonists and antagonists of "The Snake Woman"?
Transformers will stay similar to OTL but would add some more robots transformed from other machines (ie Space Shuttle) as well. In "The Snake Woman", the protagonists will be Milla Jovovich and Vyacheslav Rumyantsev; while the antagonists will be Quentin Cramer and Travis Maxwell. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 02:32:26 (JST)
And as in the timeline to change the culture, if the "Kin-dza-dza!" much more popular than the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?
And in what country the East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere is an analogue of the war in South Ossetia?
With Kin-dza-dza! becoming much more popular, some people could try to create more of the Plukanian language from the film. For the second question, I'd say Singapore. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 02:55:05 (JST)
And what impact will be due to the strong popularity of "Kin-dza-dza!" than "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?
And in this timeline will look like "Star Wars" when they are in Russia popular in the "Goblin translation" than in the original?
With the strong popularity for Kin-dza-dza!, I would expect a sequel for the film. Have no idea for the Star Wars though, maybe the Galactic Basic language in the series would be based off the Slavic languages? -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 03:27:53 (JST)
Yes. For the Star Wars in the Goblin translation:
And in this timeline will look like "Star Trek: TNG"?
And in this timeline will look like "Crysis 2" and "Crysis 3" (in ITTL, Seattle instead of New York, Rangers instead of Marines)?
Star Trek: The Next Generation stays similar to OTL. With Crysis Two and Three, aside from it taking place in Seattle and having the Rangers involved, stays similar to OTL, but parts of the game can take place in the countryside. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 03:56:48 (JST)
And in this timeline will look like plot of "Crysis 3" (In ITTL, Russian character instead Psycho)?
And in this timeline will look "Apocalypse Now", if this is a 2003 Russian film about the Soviet war in in Afghanistan?
Crysis Three stays similar to OTL, but main character would be Konstantin Arakcheyev, and they would manage to hinder and disable weapons in the US, then he would get transported back to Russia and manages to save his country. For the Apocalypse Now, it would deal with a section of the Soviet Forces helping the Soviet Allied Afghans in one of the major battles that they happen to lose. -Kogasa 2013年4月08日 04:23:50 (JST)
And in this timeline will look like plot of "Crysis 2" (in ITTL, Phophet - codename of British SAS officer)?
And in this timeline will look "New Union" timeline?
And in this timeline will look like cultural changes after "The Snake Woman" movie?
And in this timeline will look like "Star Trek: Enterprise"?
And who will be the President of India in this timeline?
And as the list of companies:
Be able to help in editing the list?
And you can make a map for 1990 (main events - fall of Soviet Union, Beginning of War in Indochina, GDR-FRG war, secession of Alaska, end of Panaman War)?
Russian America edits
Please stop "correcting" the Russian grammar on the several pages that you have been editing. Both LG and myself have previously reverted your edits, and you continue to revert them back. If you have concerns than you bring them up in the talk page. Thank you. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 17:57, September 23, 2013 (UTC)
The fact that I myself live in Russia, and the "Английско-Аляскинец" (as in "Дугы") - is wrong from the point of view is knowledgeable about Russian language
But, Drako, the other fact is you are not live in Russian America, especially Nuke's ATL Russian America, where it probably has a different Russian language than the one in OTL. FirstStooge (talk) 12:11, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
From the point of view of the Russian language, this "spelling" is wrong and must be corrected
Even if the spelling is wrong according the PoV of a Russian, you still cannot corrected it without any permission from NuclearVacuum as the owner of the TL. FirstStooge (talk) 12:21, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
So I ask permission to edit. And also bring arguments
Then again, I ask permission to edit, so I asked him a long time ago, but could not write in detail, using arguments misspellings of the Russian words.
- FirstStooge, my grievances here have nothing to do with any alternate spelling but have to do with page grammar and edit-waring (I also wished you would've stayed out of this argument).
- Drako, it isn't your grammatical corrections that was my issue but your continued correcting of pages that have been reverted. You shouldn't revert your edits which were reverted. Secondly, I would prefer a standardization of those article, which you seem to have all different from each other. Third, the words being translated are singular. Fourth, some of your corrections aren't a correct translation of the English it is translating, among them your use of Аляски (in Alaska) when the correct term should be Аляскинцы (Alaskan).
- Now that I think about it, the issues involving pluralization and multiple terms that could be use, I'm simply going to remove the translations for the time being. I do appreciate your help and I don't wish for this to discourage your future work on the timeline if you so wish. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 02:01, September 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Because you are transferring from PROMT, and I use "Google Translate"
- Russian translation of Alaska article:
- Command and Conquer: Generals - Russia instead of China as a faction
- Alaskan characters in Call of Duty and Battlefield franchises
- Alaskan characters in Deus Ex universe
- Alaskan characters in GTA franchise