|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
We are a community for creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever-growing collection of timelines.
Some other helpful reference pages:
Some general tips:
|2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021|
|I'm not accepting commissions or requests at this time.|
- 1 Modern Moskvich
- 2 Celtic Alliance's flag
- 3 New Anti-Trump Rules Needed?
- 4 Celtic flag 2.0
- 5 Hello
- 6 Move to Miraheze
- 7 People's Republic of America
- 8 Battle of Khasham Escalation
- 9 Proposed List of Nations
- 10 List for People in Russian America
- 11 Proposals for Brazil in Russian America
- 12 United Arab Republic
- 13 New Union Soviet Anthem
- 14 Wikipedia Maps
- 15 Russian America's Oil Companies
- 16 Post-War Russia Party Merger
- 17 1983:Doomsday
- 18 Discussion you may be interested in
- 19 Page protection
- 20 Atlantic Resolve - Post-war Russia
- 21 Kildin Island Escalation
- 22 Your map in a video
- 23 Gurgel and the auto industry
- 24 List of Potential Alaskans
- 25 COVID-19 pandemic in Russian America
- 26 My Modern WW3 AH now controversial
- 27 Flags of the New Union copyright issue
- 28 Well Wishes
- 29 Runza sandwiches in Russian America
I found something for Russian America...http://alternathistory.com/moskvich-2140-utselevshego-sssr/
Modern Moskvich...could Deloryan help build this one?
Celtic Alliance's flag
Hi NuclearVaacum, as you may know the 1983: Doomsday project has been revived by me and a few others alongisde veterans like Benkarnell and yesterday we found out a thing about the flag of the Celtic Alliance. , as you can see here in this page it says that the flag was created by Caitlin Pensak in 29/02/08, is also stated that the flag was created by Robert Berthelier, a Breton nationalist, bu the flag that he really created is this; File:1200px-Banniel_Keltia.png and the description of the flag matches this one, so what we should do ? I asked to you because you are credited with creating this flag. User: Mal3ssio97, 05/01/21
New Anti-Trump Rules Needed?
Given recent events, most notably the storming of the Capital Building, should there be a ban on "What if Trump won the 2020 Election" as well as certain other Trump-centric AH until things calm down?
- Additionally maybe a temporary ban on any alternate history based on the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol or use of any imagery taken from that dark day for any AH purpose. Also I had an idea only a day before the riot happened in which Russian-backed militia would take over DC on Inauguration Day to keep Trump in office. However due to the riot the following day, I decided to cancel the timeline and am now recommending that also be banned. Reason for these suggestions is because allowing any escapism, rationalisation, parodies, etc. for Trump supporters could only add fuel to the flame and therefore it should be blocked with extreme prejudice. Experiment632 (talk) 01:36, 11 January 2021 (UTC)
Celtic flag 2.0
Hi, me again, is that i discovered that the flag for the Celtic Alliance, updated by the user Mjdoch before 2010 is wrong, as it seems that the flag wasn't created by him, but by a person from flag, in 2008. But even that flag is wrong as the only flag created by Robert Berthelier is this Keltia flag, what i suggest is not to replace the flag but only to update this new version on your file of the flag. Mal3ssio97
- Yes, looking into it further, it's actually kind of complicated. Mal3ssio97 found what seems to be the source of the flag: a mirror of FOTW that erroneously identifies "our" C.A. flag as Berthelier's. (And for extra weirdness, that site is run by our own Emeritus admin, Chlewey.) I can see how it could be based on a mis-reading of a verbal description of the flag, maybe "two intertwined triskelions within a ring". Then Mjdoch made it the flag of the Celtic Alliance. Nobody seems to have realized that it was not his original design in 2011 at the Stirling Awards, and by then Mjdoch was long inactive and unable to tell anyone. You must have uploaded a new version of the file because you're listed as the uploader, I don't know why. Benkarnell (talk) 13:47, 13 January 2021 (UTC)
Hello, stop reverting my edits, I'm only trying to make this site better. I don't get why you hate me so much :(
Move to Miraheze
- Nevermind, I'll shelve the idea. Can you delete the post? MarioMario456 (talk) 11:47, 31 January 2021 (UTC)
People's Republic of America
Think an alternate history in which the United States is transformed into a Communist State is plausible due to the following happening as a result of the failed DC insurrection? The Republican Party is officially outlawed with all members immediately removed from any and all elected office. All other conservative and even centrist parties eventually follow suit; even the Blue Dogs might be expelled. The Democratic Party formally mergers with the Communist Party USA and the People's Republic of America is born. A necessary POD I am thinking is a Democratic landslide in Congress giving them three quarters of both houses to render the opposition helpless OR waiting until 2023 to write this. Experiment632 (talk) 20:33, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
Battle of Khasham Escalation
How realistic is the following scenario? In response to the involvement of the Russian mercenary unit Wagner Group in the Battle of Khasham in Syria in 2018, the United States refuses to accept any plausible deniability from Moscow and commences attacks against Russian military forces in Syria. The situation rapidly escalates into a regional conflict between the United States and Russia with World War III and potentially global thermonuclear war as the end result. Experiment632 (talk) 16:57, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
Proposed List of Nations
I love your timeline Russian America and I constantly read it. However, I do want to help in it. As a contributor of the timeline Differently, I created the "Detailed List of Nations" page. I was wondering if you would like something like that yourself on Russian America.
Thanks for your time,
Thanks for getting back at me. I completely agree that my "List of Nations" page is WAY too crowded, and I don't want that same mistake to happen to another timeline. So I am limiting myself to do Flag, Coat of arms, Capital, Head of State, Head of Government, like this:
|Head of State||Head of Government|
|(Capital)||(Head of State)||(Head of Government)|
I might add the government type, but that's up to you. I won't delete your current list as of now, as I need to use it for the flags and capitals.
Thanks so much for letting me work in Russian America. It means a lot to me.
List for People in Russian America
Hey there it's me again.
I don't know if you've read some of my previous posts, but I found a couple of people who could fit into the world of Russian America as Alaskans based primarily on their ancestry:
- Ben Shapiro and Mara Wilson: They are both cousins despite their political "differences" (that's saying the least), and also of Ashkenazi (specifically Russian/Litvak) Jewish descent
- Alek Skarlatos: His father is of Greek descent who immigrated from Greece as a child.
- Amy Schumer: Another cousin of Jewish descent (this time to Chuck Schumer, which you already included in your list of Alaskans)
Proposals for Brazil in Russian America
Hey there, NuclearVacuum! Hope you're doing alright!
As someone who enjoys writing lots and lots of alternative stories about Brazil, I'd suggest to Russian America a POD where the 1964 coup didn't happen. I believe that it would work to Brazil to become a developmentalist nation, ruled most of the time by the pro-Vargas parties: the more conservative and centrist Social Democratic Party and the left-wing Labour Party, interchanged by a few periods with the anti-Vargas right-wing National Democratic Union. What do you think?
- Thank you so very much, I'd gladly contribute to the timeline!
- And well, as I know, João Goulart was deposed in a bloodless coup. As he heard news of the attempt, he simply left Brasília to Porto Alegre and the National Congress declared vacancy in the office. He didn't resigned, though. Some of his allies wanted to make Jango react against the military insurrection, and that would be the POD. There was also a part of the Brazilian Army that was loyal to the government too, so I can see this being the most viable option!
No worries! I already have a few things planned and done for the timeline.
On this case, Marina's parents came from Northeastern Brazil (Ceará, if I'm not wrong), and settled in Acre. I can see them settle in Amazonas instead, as Acre wasn't the only state affected by the Amazon rubber boom.
- You're very welcome!
- I think Marina Silva is a centrist nowadays mostly because she broke with Lula's government and the Workers' Party. As in the timeline this never could've happened, I believe that she would remain an important figure inside the ATL current left.
Thanks a lot! But I've already done that, there are 28 stars (the states + the Federal District). Generally, territories weren't part of the flag, as seen in previous versions with 21, 22 and 23 stars, so yes, technically Fernando de Noronha would be seen as an external territory.
By the way! Ponta Porã was originally created as a territory (similarly to Roraima and Rondônia), but then it was dissolved and reincorporated in Mato Grosso. Maracaju was also one of the few proposed names to Mato Grosso do Sul.
United Arab Republic
Nuke, I am pretty aware that you have written Nasser's Dream, a timeline about the UAR's survival, in the past. But it seems you have discontinued the timeline because of certain reasons. I have intended to have the UAR in my timeline, although not in a greater extent of possible union. So, what are your opinion on the plausibility of the UAR's survival to the present day which consisted at least by Egypt, Sudan and, maybe, Syria? FirstStooge (talk) 03:24, 15 May 2021 (UTC)
New Union Soviet Anthem
You come up with new lyrics for the Soviet Anthem? A pity you didn't keep the proposed anthem of the Union State titled "Union of Sovereign Nations". It was perfect in my opinion. Experiment632 (talk) 07:29, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
Russian America's Oil Companies
By the way, I liked how there is a Competitor for Neftegaz, and from the Nobel Brothers too. I think in this timeline, Caltex or Texaco never existed, or Texaco is a Texas company. Shell would exist as in OTL. Probably these guys might end up going to Alaska too. https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A2%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%89%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%BE_%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%84%D1%82%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE_%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B0_%D0%9B%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0_%D1%81%D1%8B%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%B9 or this, https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9D%D0%B5%D1%84%D1%82%D1%8C_(%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F which would be the origin of Neftegaz as it was nationalized by Alaska. Baku Oil Society might or might not exist in Alaska. If Lianozov's company will survive in Alaska it might adopt a Lyre and oildrop logo. Might be named Geneft (shortening for Russian General Oil Corporation) https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A4%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B3_%D0%BC%D1%83%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE_%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B3%D0%B0_%D0%9B%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE.
Post-War Russia Party Merger
You think Ksenia Sobchak's Civic Initiative/Party of Changes and Alexei Navalny's Progress Party/Russia of the Future) would be compatible for a merger in the post-war, post-Putin Russian Confederation? Experiment632 (talk) 01:46, 26 June 2021 (UTC)
What was wrong with the edit I made on Socialist Siberia? I can take this as a message that under no certain terms am I to attempt any contributions to major timelines? Experiment632 (talk) 22:47, 30 June 2021 (UTC)
- Is Outer Banks still within the acceptable realm of 1983: Doomsday? It appears the article has made OBX out to be a pirate republic and I doubt the Democrats could remain in charge under such circumstances.Experiment632 (talk) 20:39, 2 July 2021 (UTC)
Discussion you may be interested in
Hi, I noticed you protected File:Flag of Pennsylvania.svg. I don't think it's reasonable to protect the page when there's only a dispute with one editor, and the only person who made reverts was you, really. Also, the issue has been addressed, so I don't think any reverts/edits will be made anyway. --Firestarthegodcat (talk) 06:56, 10 July 2021 (UTC)
Atlantic Resolve - Post-war Russia
Could the Russian Confederation even survive as a nation following the loss of Siberia, Karelia, Kaliningrad, North Caucasus, and possibly even it's Azov & Sea coasts? And even if it does, could they even maintain their Permanent Seat on the United Nations Security Council? I can see Red China wanting to snag the seat for Siberia so they have two vetoes instead of just one through the Socialist Union though that would require international recognition of Siberia as a successor to Russia. Experiment632 (talk) 08:07, 26 July 2021 (UTC)
Kildin Island Escalation
Hi NV! I recently begin work on another alternate history in which the Submarine incident off Kildin Island on February 11, 1992 triggered the US-CIS War of 1992. The conflict only lasted 21 days, was primarily air & naval save for small incursion into northern Alaska, and didn't go nuclear but it had lasting effects. The CIS won (only because the war was unintentional and neither side wanted a drawn out conflict) and the US had to pay reparations but the former did withdraw from Alaska with the exception of a lease on the radar site at Point Barrow. The ex-Soviet republics decided the former Soviet Armed Forces would remain intact as the Unified Armed Forces of the Commonwealth of Independent States. As such the CIS is more powerful then OTL and is effectively an evolved former of the old Soviet Empire. I have a few questions regarding this AH. How would you rate plausibility? And could the CIS be tagged as Russia and/or Soviet Union? Experiment632 (talk) 15:39, 4 August 2021 (UTC)
Your map in a video
Hey, Khalif Ali Husain2 found this and posted it to Discord: This video uses a map that you made at about the 0:15 mark. I don't know how concerned you are with plagiarism and such. But I thought you should know. False Dmitri (talk) 05:09, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
Gurgel and the auto industry
Hey, hope you're doing well!
I've seen you working in the auto industry in your sandbox of Russian America, so I thought that it would be interesting to show you about Gurgel Motores from Brazil. I'm quite naive in the subject about cars and automobiles in general, so I think that you'd be more interested than me.
List of Potential Alaskans
Who do you think will be born in Alaska in this TL?
COVID-19 pandemic in Russian America
Hey NV, how's it going?
I covered the coronavirus pandemic in the article History of Brazil (1964–present), but I want to know if there is a pandemic there like our timeline. Feel free to modify anything in the article, though.
I'm doing a statistics gathering project which requires that I temporarily add a category to certain pages (which I will then remove when I'm done). I asked Ben on discord and he said this was fine to do. I apologise for the inconvenience T0oxi22 (talk) 02:30, 31 December 2021 (UTC)
My Modern WW3 AH now controversial
Due to circumstances it may be best to take down or block access my alternate history projects "Atlantic Resolve" and "Pax Russiana" for the duration of the current crisis in Europe. This isn't me giving up, it's me accepting for the time being that my timelines are too controversial in light of Russia's real-life invasion of Ukraine. Experiment632 (talk) 16:58, 25 February 2022 (UTC)
Flags of the New Union copyright issue
Hey Nuke, I don't know how often you check Discord but we have a certain issue that you could shed some light on.A Wiki staff has indicated there seems to be a DCMA takedown for this image: , which you previously uploaded.
So in order to understand if this is genuine or a mistake, it would be helpful to let us know where that came from Oh, I didn't mean to push that button! † Oh, well leave a message I guess 01:48, 18 March 2022 (UTC)
Been a hot minute, hasn't it? Hope you didn't miss me. Just wanted to post this here letting you know I am doing well and have been lurking hardcore on websites like alternatehistory.com as well as forums.sufficientvelocity.com (mostly with regards to reading Reds! A Revolutionary Timeline).
I have no real plans to return to this website other than to just lurk and see how things are doing (here I am now). Not sure what the coders at Fandom are doing, but it's a tragedy.
Anyways, hope you are happy and health.
Best Regards, Yankee97
Runza sandwiches in Russian America
By the way, I saw this article in Wikipedia, would it be popular in Alaska?