|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
The Alternate History Wiki is a project for all communities concerned with creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever growing collection of alternative histories.
Regards, OCT MARIUS, HAIL HIM
- 1 rtw
- 2 link titleReply
- 3 That State in Russia (YS)
- 4 "Chat"
- 5 no for now
- 6 Medieval Age :AOK
- 7 Re:Caesar of Rome
- 8 New game
- 9 Template Help
- 10 =Re: User inquiries on my dictators poll
- 11 Quick!
- 12 Secret Santa Giveaway
- 13 Re:Thanks
- 14 Hey Octivian
- 15 Coat of arms
- 16 Unbanned
- 17 Re:Russian America
- 18 Re:Images
- 19 Axis vs Allies: Renovated
- 20 AvA Nation Request
- 21 Emancipation Moderator Report
- 22 The British Ain't Coming
- 23 Renaming
- 24 Re:Inkscape Help
- 25 Songs
- 26 Sea Dragons
- 27 Re:Venusian Haven Ideas
- 28 Venus Cup Template
- 29 Announcement
- 30 Re:Upload Issues
- 31 Heh
- 32 Re:Hanover
- 33 PMIV
- 34 Time to vote
- 35 forgetting is correct.
- 36 Portugal page on PMIV
- 37 Beautiful Vienna
- 38 WW1913
- 39 For Your Support
- 40 Pagan Conversion
- 41 Dutch America
- 42 Ionian Islands
- 43 Re:Cassini 2017
- 44 Slidell's South
- 45 Chat
- 46 PMIV
- 47 Flag for PM4
- 48 PM4: i'm selling stuff
- 49 Re:Orthographic Projections
- 50 EoGuy Memorial Copy Writer Award
- 51 My Introduction
- 52 TSTPF
- 53 Jes, mi parolas Esperanto-n.
- 54 Re:Canary Islands
um oct i do apologize but you are not permited to enter road to war, it is not open to players of croaked world as i am doing this game as an experiment and i want to make sure it is successful. at a later time i may open up the game to the members of croaked world but for now i wont i do apologize. Nkbeeching (talk) 18:11, January 25, 2014 (UTC)
Reply to Yor Sig? In my views of Nazism, I only believe in persecuting and murdering blacks and people who shows devotion to religion (I'm atheist) ☭ Long live communism and Nazism卐 04:44, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
That State in Russia (YS)
Yeah No. I saw your message on Nuke's page, and that state will not be happening - purely becauase it is under a few feet of glaciated ice. Anywhere else, it is HRE's territory. Imp (Say Hi?!) 13:01, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
Who is calling ASB on the state? The makers of the Russian Republic? Read the talkpages of the articles in question. You will find that me and Ms agreed to the Russian Republic and the HRE fighting over Moscow, with the Russian Republic losing out and being forced eastward.
no for now
i already stated you cant join for now at a later time possibly but you do not have a plausible record and im trying t oget this to work no offence. if at a later point of time i see an improvement in your behavior and form of playing ill let you join ok. Nkbeeching (talk) 09:55, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
Medieval Age :AOK
The game has started, please post as soon as you can and i hope you enjoy the game and wish you good luck.
Re:Caesar of Rome
Sure, I could use a bit of help, thanks!
What I had in mind for the country so far is that Poland-Lithuania sort of drives the Russian influence out of Europe, helps to drive out Ottoman influence in Europe over a century or two after a Thirty Years' War-type religious conflict, and "take over" Russia's title as a protector of Slavs, eventually helping the Balkans be free from Ottoman rule. You can read my Sandbox if you would like to see what else I had in mind thus far, especially concerning religion.
http://althistory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Road_to_War_(Map_Game)#1890.5 has started, we need a move.!Whipsnade (talk) 18:48, April 24, 2014 (UTC)
The Royal Tank had original singed up as Cuba, PR, Spanish Sahara (Reo do Oro and Ifin City) and the Philippines. As I expanded the colonies list I automatically added his name (Caroline Islands and Palau). Today I realized I missed off Spanish Equatorial Guinea. As Spanish controller it should be yours, Caroline Islands and Palau are reallocated to you.
And finally I add in YOUR name-
- Spanish Equatorial Guinea (colony of Spain): OCT MARIUS, HAIL HIM
- Annobón OCT MARIUS, HAIL HIM
=Re: User inquiries on my dictators poll
There are to be 4 polls of 11 dictator and then a final winners' run-off poll. Pol Pot and Saddam Hussein are on my list for poll #2. Admiral Tojo is in poll #3. (Yep even Miguel Noriega and Papa Doc Duvalier face a poll (poll #3) Bashar-al-Assad and Vladimir is still in office and so we don't know their legacy yet. The 5th poll is a grand final between the winners of the 4 earlier polls.Whipsnade (talk) 17:09, June 30, 2014 (UTC)
Come on, Oct! You can make it! You gotta make it! Come here ASAP!
Secret Santa Giveaway
If you are being contacted it means that you won a free game in the Secret Santa Giveaway. To redeem your free prize reply back to me with your steam username, email, or some other form of contact information, or find me on chat as soon as possible.
Also if you have not already done so, make sure you send your gift to your designated target.
I'm glad you liked Franz's World and the article (my only hope is that this place does not end up like another Alternia). As for your piece on youth in AH/map games, I would love to post it on my blog. I don't know much about either topic (being in my 30s and not having ever played a map game) so it would certainly be educational. If you do find someone to collaborate with I could then publish it. Keep me posted. You can also reach me at ahwupdate at gmail dot com. Mitro (talk) 23:22, February 10, 2016 (UTC)
Coat of arms
do u want to talk for prizes isllands
Re:ImagesReximus | Talk to Me! 15:36, March 25, 2016 (UTC)
Axis vs Allies: Renovated
I'm a good reputation player, because I had played too many map games before. I'm allowed to choose a bold nation with over 1000 edits in Axis vs Allies: Renovated?
AvA Nation Request
I want to ask to be allowed to play as Great Britain in AvA:Renovated. You know me a bit now, and I feel like I've made a lot of steps forward and I think I can take on a big nation. Its your decision however, so if you disagree that's alright. I hope to hear from you soon
Emancipation Moderator Report
Hello, Octivian Marius. You have been reported for misconduct as a moderator in the Emancipation Map Game for consistent implausibility or inaccuracy in their moderating responses; consistently and obstructively stubborn behaviour (engaging in edit wars, refusing to acknowledge other side of a dispute, etc); refusing to acknowledge the establishment of an allegedly legitimate and internationally supported colony. As such, your rights and duties as a moderator on Emancipation have been temporarily suspended until the conclusion of an investigation of your activities.
Should you have any queries regarding the investigation, do not hesitate to contact me or any other member of the moderator staff. Thank you.
This is a semi-automated message triggered by the Emancipation Moderator Reporting System. Please note that this message does not necessarily mean that you have been deemed to have been at fault.
The British Ain't Coming
Hello, Oct. I'm just here to notify you that development of The British Ain't Coming has begun, beginning with the migration period.
Hello oct i want to ask if you can make some small changes on the signature you made for me the text needs to be "Che Tullin.Labour"20:25, May 12, 2016 (UTC) 18:37, May 12, 2016 (UTC)
Okay, but go over the renaming with me first. There is the TL main page, this is a page deticated as a timeline of the history for the Age of Expansionism. Lieutenant113 (talk) 01:21, May 13, 2016 (UTC)
Glad to hear you downloaded Inkscape. I wouldn't call myself a god, more like a map nerd with too much free time. That said, I would love to help you out.
In general, I would say to play around and see what works for you, as different settings work for different projects (flags vs. maps). As tutorials go, I highly recommend this masterpiece by Upvote. She did an amazing job explaining things than I ever could.
As for Wikipedia... yeah... that's me. Can't said if the current version is mine, but I certainly was the one who first uploaded those maps. A lot of my early work is still floating around there, though they would likely be out of date by now. -- NuclearVacuum 17:20, May 17, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm very happy that you like the tutorial. I'm sorry to say that I don't have any in regards to COAs and flags. Though as a personal rule of thumb, I just play around with different ideas until I find something that works for me and my available resources. I'm also very happy you like New Kamchatka's COA. ^_^
- Your recent uploads look excellent on my end. They look like they came off of Wikipedia and the like. -- NuclearVacuum 04:38, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
Song of dutch soviets
Oct is it allowed to post alternate history music
or is it against the rules
because i wanted to post some alternate history songs
and some real songs that i made
and they are in the dutch language mostly
19:23, May 17, 2016 (UTC)
I saw your question in the chat,
In the short term the Philippines is lost to the Spanish forever and the Ming Dynasty is frustrated in dealing with more piracy problems. In the long term a culture is created with many pirates from China's southern coast attempting to make a new business farther south, disrupting China and the European colonial empires. This is a challenge to China's Confucian governance and society. A new Golden Age of Piracy of Asia blossoms in the 17th century, meanwhile due to economic changes and millitary problems the decline of the Ming Dyansty accerlates
For example: The famous Japanse invasion of Korea is intially more succesful than OTL due to a larger pirate activity the Japanse took advantage of, Japanese fought the Chinese in two fronts instead of one in both Korea and the Phillpines. Ming China eventually crushes Japan more than OTL but a great cost, in the meantime Japan with a more shaming failure falls back into civil war.
Ming China instead of being overwhelmed by the Manchus entirely will break up into competing states, further destablisizing the long traditonal of beaucratic rule based on Confucian morals. The different warring states will use pirarcy aganist each other.
Meanwhile Chinese exert a greater influence in Southeast Asia, with some indiviual pirate created nations putting a challange to European colonial nations. More by acciadent than by intent Chinese and other asian nationalities will play a greater role in exploring Oceania and the Pacific.
Re:Venusian Haven Ideas
I suppose a more agrarian lifestyle could be adopted for many of the Venusian colonies. But as a suburbanite myself, I find such a move [personally] hard to comprehend. I will need to do some more reading on this.
Given that Cassini gains independence by today, it wouldn't surprise me that some form of Cassinian nationalism would've already been created by today. This likely would also be the case for all Venusian nations, BTW. As for how far it would go, anything is possible.
Keep in mind that I'm open to differing designs, I've been partially set on the COAs of both Cassini and Kennedy incorporating a shield which shows their flags. In the case of Kennedy, the flag (and shield) are based on the personal shield of the Kennedy family (similar to Washington, D.C.). I'd also see Cassini's COAs having heraldic similarities to those of Bosnia and Kosovo. So long as these features are kept, I'm more than open for expansion/deviation when it comes to the final form. Do you have any suggestions? -- NuclearVacuum 19:20, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh? Do forgive me. My intention was not to impede you in any manner, rather I intended to narrow down some ideas. Regardless, I'd love to hear what you had in mind.
- Now I really need to read up on homesteading. In regards to free land, it was already headcanon that this would happen all across Venus. So thank you for giving me a name to further research this. But yes, a Homestead Act for Kennedy et al. seems most appropriate. -- NuclearVacuum 19:46, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
Wow! I actually really love this idea. To incorporate Origin into the COAs. Lovely. ^_^
Yes, some maintenance will be required, but you did an excellent job nonetheless. Though if you don't mind me adding, shouldn't Orion's Belt be included within the green field? Or was this another maintenance issue? Please keep up the great work. -- NuclearVacuum 21:22, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
Before I forget, there is a trick you can do which can help you out here. If you were to use my vector file for Cassini's flag (instead of a PNG), you can use this trick to allow the flag to fit neatly and seamlessly into the COA border.
When selecting the blue field, you can go to the "path" button (at the top of the program) and selected "simplify". This will turn the blue field into an editable path which you can mold. Using the "edit nodes" tool, you can add and move the boundaries of the blue field to fit neatly into the COA border you have. I do hope this helps you out. Let me know if you need more help. -- NuclearVacuum 21:28, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
- In regards to Orin's Belt, I don't believe you need to worry about keeping the stars in alignment with the number of provinces. This is more of an American thing than a European thing. The EU flag is more for appearance than representation. There's also the fact that the current provinces are only WIP and (most certainly) not going to be the only ones. Hope this helps. -- NuclearVacuum 21:31, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
Forgive me, but shouldn't Orion's Belt be made up of three stars?
Also as an addition (I'm not too sure what you originally had in mind), but if you wanted to add supporters and a ribbon to the COAs, I'm more than open to that. I'm not saying this is a requirement, rather an option of you were interested in it.
- No need to worry. Just hoped I didn't discourage you in some manner. Practice makes perfect, so please keep playing around and it WILL get easier by the day (believe me). Keep up the great work. -- NuclearVacuum 00:10, May 24, 2016 (UTC)
Sorry to say, but this idea wouldn't work. For starters, the Iraq War does not happen ATL (neither does the Gulf War). Secondly, the point of the Venus Treaty was to prevent any conflict from happening (not simply to make them smaller). -- NuclearVacuum 20:29, June 8, 2016 (UTC)
- No need to worry. I too wish to apologize if my initial response came off as rude or snarky (this was certainly not my intent).
- The reasoning for both wars being butterflied away is because Saddam would see more gains from Venus than his neighbors. In order to get access to Venus, Iraq would need to play by the rules and not do anything stupid (such as invade a neighbor). Just wanted to clarify that as I'm unaware whether I canonized that yet (it's definitely headcanon).
- As for any "conflict" which could erupt, I have been playing around with the idea that Hilal's independence would see some violence on Venus. This scenario would have the [few] pro-Saddam forces clash with the pro-independence colonists. This would've been the closest thing to a war on Venus, which I'm sure the international community (both on Earth and Venus) would work to prevent it from escalating. I have in mind that New Kamchatka would step in to prevent a civil war from breaking out (on Venus). In the end, Saddam (or one of his sons by this point) would back-off from fighting, though this would mostly be to focus on the Arab Spring (which would be the bigger threat to Iraq).
- Other than that, I don't see any other conflicts happening. If anything, I've been playing around with another scenario where one side's colonists (American, Chinese, or Soviet) would trek across the Venusian oceans in order to save their "rivals" after a disaster. Pretty much the opposite of what you are looking for. Either way, I do hope this helps you out. -- NuclearVacuum 02:36, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
Venus Cup Template
Oct, do not edit the host country part of the infobox. I had to create a separate country data template to fix the coding of the template, so please, ask me about these things before you edit.
Lot's of love,
Hello Game of Nations player!
Now that turn one is done (Turn to starts Saturday) I have recognized the need for a more comprehensive way to plan events that involve more than one nation. So, if you would like to propose a past event, such as a war, Nation formation, or other event, please use the link I have provided below. Note that this only applies to events that involve more than one nation, so you are still free to make events that only pertain to your nation.
Thanks for playing Game of Nations, and I hope it continues to be a fun experience!
Sorry to hear this. I believe that message means that there is some code within your file that is not able to be rendered here.
- I've never heard about this site. My best guess is that the file you used had some bugs in it.
- One idea that comes to mind would be to open your SVG file using a text editor. Search for that piece of code (
&ns_ai) and remove it. See if this helps and let me know. -- NuclearVacuum 22:40, June 16, 2016 (UTC)
- Just as an addition, make a copy of your file to edit. Wouldn't want you to loose your hard work if possible. -- NuclearVacuum 22:43, June 16, 2016 (UTC)
Yeah, Ah.com is really bad for that. No opinions that differ from their norm allowed. To make it even worse, it is populated by morons, on average. There's a reason why I've never made a post there. Lordganon (talk) 16:17, June 20, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you so much for your coat of arms. It looks amazing, but I'm sure whether it would be appropriate for what Hanover would wish to establish itself as. When it comes to the monarchies of Europe, they tend to use royal coat of arms in some manner (as is the case with the UK).
From what I've been able to read up on, I feel it would be more likely that Hanover would adopt their original coat of arms. I'm not too sure whether or not you are interested, but I would highly appreciate it if you would vectorize this. By no means does it need to be perfect, rather I would love to see your variant based on their original CoA. Would you be interested? -- NuclearVacuum 21:58, July 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh? Do forgive me. It wasn't my intention to outshine you or anything of that extent.
- Yes, I do believe they would wish to adopt something less... British. Perhaps they follow the Nordic countries (as was with their flag) and adopt a simple coat of arms of the royal house. Pretty much all of Germany will need to be worked out over time. -- NuclearVacuum 00:37, July 12, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Not too sure how to take it.
Time to vote
As your party leader, it is my duty to inform you to vote in the August 19th Althistorian general elections. Let's make sure the Dirigist Party wins! Vivaporius: "I don't need a slogan" 00:21, August 19, 2016 (UTC)
forgetting is correct.
Portugal page on PMIV
Oct, Portugal is no longer independent, and is the territory of Great Iberia. The page of Portugal must be updated to reflect the current political situation. If you insist on having your own page to update, why not do it at Portuguese government-in-exile (Principia Moderni IV Map Game)? — T I M (TSW • AH • MGW • Contribs) 04:21, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
Your turn in Beautiful Vienna.
http://mapgame.wikia.com/wiki/World_War:_1913_(Map_Game) the game has been moved due to a urgency to play-Orwell
For Your Support
Dear Octivian Marius,
Thank you very much for your support in my campaign for Lieutenant. For your efforts, I award you this campaign pin officially licensed by United Republic.
To kind of get started on the whole process, make a rough MsPaint map (doesn't have to be pretty) and kind of outline what you want on the map and what entities should go where. Cour *talk* 17:37, December 5, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for edit. I now know how to add categories.
Notice for RotA
You have signed up as a nation in the map game Rise of the Arabs (Map Game) this game will be opening at 9pm GMT Greenwich time. Please post your first turn within 24 hours. Person67 (talk) 13:39, December 27, 2016 (UTC)
Marriage, sure. I need candidates for the current queen or the previous queen.
As for Venetian, my Italian is well enough to understand Venetian.01:38, January 31, 2017 (UTC)
Glad to see you are still interested in the timeline. I would be more than happy to send you some maps. The only thing is that they all would be vector files with multiple layers (so you will need Inscape).
Forgive me for the vagueness of Ostland and other settlements (need to fix that soon). Though it should be noted that Ostland would (for all intense and purposes) be a Soviet-backed colony for "Ostalgic Germans" (rather than an actual European-dominated entity). The location of Ostland is in Aphrodite Terra on the coast of the Zhibek Mare (in layman's terms, well south of New Kamchatka). In fact, due to the location and political makeup, I've been leaving open the possibility of having Ostland actively seeking membership into NK. But nationalists are nationalists, none the less, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Also keep in mind that I'm not currently active on the timeline, nor do I have an immediate interest in getting back to it (as of now). So forgive me if I'm not as helpful as I would otherwise be (but I will do my best). -- NuclearVacuum 04:03, February 8, 2017 (UTC)
- Lol! Better than Disneyland? XP Glad to hear you like it. Have fun. -- NuclearVacuum 01:15, February 9, 2017 (UTC)
Interesting Idea: Stonewall Jackson was just 34 at the start of the Civil War, setting him up to be a Confederate President later on if he survived. And it turns out, his views on slavery were actually very religious, and that slavery was ordained by god, but that a good Christian slaveowner should treat his slaves well. The beginning of the process of abolition in the Confederacy could be Jackson as president implementing laws granting slaves education, mandatory opportunity for bible study/prayer, and allowing slaves to work for their freedom. Eventually, a later President could abolish the slave trade, and then another could abolish slavery.
Please join me on chat as soon as you can.
Hello Oct, it's me Bar, listen please post your turn on Côté Aveugle or else I will have to skip you.
Damn you Oct, your an ass for pulling out without me. You don't listen to me about how to win the war then he starts hitting you and sign a peace deal without me when you know Guy is going to hit me. Person67 (talk) 06:50, March 30, 2017 (UTC)
Flag for PM4
PM4: i'm selling stuff
No worries. Hope your situation gets resolves soon. Best of luck with that.
As for how I make my orthographic projections, I mostly just edit pre-existing ones from Wikipedia (here's a list of them). In order to edit them, I just use Inkscape.
As for the one for Venusian Haven, I use G.Projector. The program allows you to alter a map (specifically an equirectangular projection) and transform it into any other projection. I imported my map of Venus and set it to orthographic. Than I played around with the coordinates and exported the desired map. Than I manually drew the outlines using Inkscape to make it retain the feel of Wikipedia's maps, and voila.
Lol, not sure what to make of a Gypsy State.
EoGuy Memorial Copy Writer Award
Name me Copy Editor Emeritus and take me out of the running.
That will give someone else a chance.
Hello Octivian, I'm Laura Mendezas Caillard, a.k.a. ValeriaThorne
Jes, mi parolas Esperanto-n.
I teach a FREE ten-lesson email course.
wmunsil "at" cox "net"
There are also on-line courses such as the one at Duolingo (I think it's called).
I started many years ago when the course I teach was by US Mail only.
I graduated with honors.
I also attended a three-week course at San Francisco State University.
Go to the esperanto-usa.org website for more info.
If you're not in the US go to uea.org. That's the Universala Esperanto-Asocio - the World Esperanto Association.
Mi esperas, ke vi lernos Esperanto-n.
I hope that you will-learn Esperanto.
Vilchjo de Mesao Arizono, Usono
Thank you for your story. However, the Canary Islands aren't part of Morocco in Russian America (nor do I have intentions of having them be).
If you are referring to my recent addition of Western Sahara, than I'm happy to tell you that it won't be the same as IOTL. This Western/Spanish Sahara would be an equivalent to Taiwan IOTL, where it's completely Spanish (but independent from Madrid). -- NuclearVacuum 19:51, April 8, 2018 (UTC)
- I named it "Western Sahara" simply because there really isn't an alternative.
- There is a lot going on with this scenario, but the short version is... communists win Spanish Civil War, nationalists flee back to Africa, WWII and Cold War provide Franco the money and time to establish a government in exile (a la Taiwan) and creates a new nation. What is Western Sahara IOTL would have a larger population and would [likely] have a Spanish majority (due to the very low population at the time). In essence, this Western Sahara is a mixture of Taiwan and Israel (more or less).