|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
The Alternate History Wiki is a project for all communities concerned with creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever growing collection of alternative histories.
UCA Continues Question
Hi Razgriz! I'm reading your timeline and i noticed that in the List of Nations you put the city of Lima as capital of Chile?? :o Why this? --Katholico 03:05, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
That was an error on my part as the Capital of Chile is meant to be Lima, while Lima would be the capital of North Peru (and not Peru-Bolivia, which is a separate nation entirely) Razgriz 2K9 17:10, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh i see. That's ok! :) Thanks!. By the way, the next time please can you answer me in my talkpage? :D Regards! --Katholico 20:08, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
- I see, but what you means with Chile into Chile-Bolivia? :O Chile annex the remants of Bolivia.. or??? Regards! --Katholico 21:53, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Understand. Btthe way, the game is Victoria 2 from paradox, right? --Katholico 00:25, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
Alright, well I have kinda ignored Turkey mostly because the time from when it collapses until now is more a story dominated by America, Russia, France, Germany, Brazil, Britain, etc. etc., with the smaller nations like Turkey sorta there, but not really doing anything major (except in the Middle Eastern Wars).
Looking back at my old maps, I'm not sure where you are coming from that they hold the interior. Do you mean the interior of Arabia? If that is the case, I'm going to have to ask which map you consulted, because I had always assumed that the Ottoman Empire had no presence in the center of Arabia, but rather Mesopotamia, Palestine and the Coast of the Red Sea around it. The center of Arabia was under a Saudi clique (I'm just going to say), and it later expanded to include the coast of the Red Sea that Turkey had during the Civil War.
Now, as for how the nation fell into a Natso controlled state, then became a Sorelist ally of France... I really have no idea. I had not thought of that until you proposed it to me now, but I guess I can take a stab at a minor history that can be used to fill it in later. Here it goes:
- The Civil War and the dissolution of the Empire is supposed to parallel to some degree the Balkan Wars before World War One and Turkish-Greek war of OTL 1920's; basically trying to free themselves from Ottoman control, then fighting over the spoils. Its simply called a "Civil War" as Turkey was, for the most part, left with its empire intact, except for Mesopotamia and the Red Sea coast, not to mention Egypt. This was done to keep some sort of balance in the Eastern Mediterranean, but this backfired when Slavic peoples in the Balkans and European Turkey took advantage of the weakened state to overthrow it and establish their own states.
- But when they decisively defeated the Turk's in one battle, the Balkan nations then started to fight among themselves over who gets what. Turkey constantly tried to turn the sides against each other, to varying degrees of success, until 1922 when Russia and France stepped in to try to stop the fighting. Russia secured the independence of the Slavic States, while France stepped in and took over Palestine.
- The anger over the defeat, then outside powers meddling in their civil war lead to the rise of a Natso Party in Istanbul, who then allied with Germany, Italy and other European Natso nations. They declared war on the Balkan breakaways and Russia early in the war, and managed to overrun much of it until the French army was kicked out of France proper. To try to weaken the Natso Powers, France decided to attack on the edges of the alliance, the first one being Turkey. From late 1940, France would try to distract the Turks from their Balkan allies, and aimed to open the Dardanelles to help supply the beleaguered Russians, which they achieved by the end of 1942. Since France was the nation that occupied Istanbul, they set up their own Sorelist puppet in charged, leading the Sorelist dictatorship that exists to this day.
- How does that sound? I willl admit that I've made most of that off the top of my head just now, but it should set out a guideline for what I was thinking for the Civil War, the rise of the Natso's, and then the establishment of the Sorelist dictatorship. Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 05:11, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, first of all, I never really understood where Anatolia is until I Google'd it five seconds ago in response to your question... But, yeah, I will say their will be battles there, mostly between the Greeks and Turks.
- As for Armenia, I'm going to say they did try to revolt within the confines of Turkey, but they were crushed by Turkish arms in the Civil War and held down by the Natso government there. However, they later would become a big part of the Sorelist government put in charge later, kind of as pay back for the past.
- Now, since you seem to know a lot about Turkey an the Balkans, would you like to help me with those articles on here? My area of specialty is more North America, Europe and Russia, and I can use all the help I can get to flesh this out more. Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 21:43, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
Nope, go ahead and post. I have no problems with people making stuff for my articles, just so long as it does fit in with the story, and it makes sense. No utter random ramblings or implausible facts will be tolerated, but otherwise anything goes. Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 18:55, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Just touched up a couple things, including a peaceful French exit to the war (sort of like the American's occupying Vladivostok during the Russian Civil War, but leaving when the Communists won). Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 02:22, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
FTBW Video Games
No, I have decided that since Japan is Sorelist nation, and very restrictive of what they do outside of their empire, video games and anime would more develop in China (which has a very relaxed form of communism, even more so than OTL, after Mao died). This would be mostly due to a Japanese artist and engineer population that fled after some crackdowns in the 1970's and 1980's of foreign influence in Japan. Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 02:07, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
Well, basically I decided that once Napoleon felt secure enough in Europe, he would go about re-organizing it to suit his needs. My Italy is primarily still a puppet state at the time, with Napoleon I himself as the King of Italy (due to the fact his rise of power was as a result of his victories there early in his career), but Napoleon II will give up this title after the Prussian Expansion War to a native Italian royal house (the Savoy like OTL). Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 05:31, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, most likely, or at least pressured these little kingdoms to do his bidding. Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 16:19, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
To be honest, I had no idea what I should have done for the Italian Civil War. Having Imperial Germany support a republican faction would have been good 'realpolitik", but not so good domestically. I was wondering about trying to find another royal that would want to overthrow the government, say the Bourbon's of Naples? For one thing, they would be opposed to France in every way, and also would be the strong supporters of Germany that they would need. Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 15:39, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Remember, Italy was already re-unified by Napoleon II in 1833 under a Savoy who was pro-French after Napoleon took power. Therefore, it is a simple manner of changing dynasties, and I think I have chosen the Bourbons of Naples, who may be pro-French, but Anti-Napoleon for taking over the land and merging it into a different country. Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 22:07, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
- The Republicans now are just going to be a small group, say mostly made up of immigrants to America that have returned with the new ideas of freedom and liberty that the US had to offer, but ultimately they would not mount to much. They would get limited support from the British and Germans, as basically they would support any side that opposed the pro-French Savoy's in charge. But they would be constantly out maneuvered by the the better organized Bourbon's, and later crushed at the new kingdom's luxury. Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 03:01, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Possibly. I'll have to think about that. Lieut. Tbguy1992: Profile; Talk 03:25, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
Great War (UCA)
Hi Razgriz, how are you? I have curiosity about the outcome of the Great War in your timeline? You finished the war or not yet? Regards! --Katholico 18:22, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Too bad :( But the last time when you play it, you remember what was the situation (i mean, which side or countries seemed that were winning)? Regards! --Katholico 19:39, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, giving the date (1917) and as the OTL conflict lasted 4 years, i think that the best choice should be that the "british" alliance win the war. . However, the fates of each defeated countries might different, for example, France could lose some territories, but US not and only paid monetary compensations. I don't know if this serve you. Regards --Katholico 00:02, March 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Great news! :D (the universe and his mysteries) --Katholico 19:25, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
Dutch joiinig the Anglo-American allaince agaisnt Spain
ok, the title says it all. you coul get the Philipenes from Spain as well as OTL Peru. Waht do you say. The Britsih will help your expansion in Asia as well as Africa. Asutrlaia can be divded into zones. DeanSims 16:36, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
then we have a deal. please pu your nation under full memberon the Pact oF iron Page.
thank you. DeanSims 17:15, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
can you add a profile for it, the one their is all I can do, I would like to add the flag and can youdd the languages, religions, formation date, etc categories, you dont have to fill them out, I will put in the info, but the categroies I dont know how to oput them in. you can delete the profile there already if you need to. DeanSims 17:17, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
Pact of Iron/Vive La Revolution
The Pact needs Prussia to declare war on Mexico and send military support. You will gain land in Mexico if you help. Please post on the game page.
DeanSims 15:44, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
i would like to offer you membership in the Middle Eastern Confederation, we need more members, and we would love for you to join.
please reply on the MEC page linked above, thanks,
DeanSims 15:21, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for pointing this out to me, I looked it up and found out that you were correct and will change the article accordingly.
P.S. This would be the fourth Victor Emmanuel, as there were three of the House of Savoy.
Ownerzmcown 04:37, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Napoleon's World
Hello Razgriz/Kevin, thank you for your interest in the Napoleon's World timeline. Help with templates (admittedly not my strong suit) and any ideas you have is always appreciated.
I see you are correct sir, page on Vietnam updated accordingly. That is a cool flag. I believe the capital of the Bengali Free State (common name Bengal) is Calcutta.
I'd say Narayanan is best.
I believe I just made them Braganza and used pics of OTL Braganza members. Figured it was simpler that way. Hamid would be fine, I think I actually had an idea for Bengal thanks to your suggestions.
Sweet additions to the infoboxes, by the way.
Some were rewarded, some pacified, some returned to power (check out War of Bourbon Restoration under the Iberia category) and some, like the Hapsburgs, got the heck out of dodge and went to Mexico or North Africa. The Hohenzollerns I have not considered yet.
Correct file for Bangladesh
I have uploaded the correct version of the Bangladeshi coat of arms. Please use this version, and do not re-upload the incorrect version. In the future, please be courteous and upload the correct and standard versions used on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 19:41, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
- By what do you mean? If you are referring to vector files (SVG), all you have to do is save it like any other picture, with the only catch being you hit "save page as" instead of "save image as" (it does the same thing). But any picture from Wikipedia, you should always upload the standard version (not a cropped or shrunk-down version), and you must always add the licensing that it was uploaded from Wikipedia when uploading it here. You should also upload the file with the exact same file name that is used on Wikipedia (which is one of the things you did wrong when uploading the Bangladeshi file yesterday). Hope this helps out. If you have anymore questions, feel free to send me a message. --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 16:02, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Siberian Flag
I like the Romanov-inspired one and the communist one... that traditional one is just... yikes! Good work, btw. Always appreciated.
RE: Capital Confusion
Hello! I am not working on it as of now, but I do plan to get back to it eventually. If you'd like, you could contribute to the timeline, and just put a proposal template in any articles that you write. What did you have in mind? I'd love to hear your thoughts, I haven't worked on the timeline in ages :) ChrisL123 (talk) 00:51, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
Who has pontus, because theres European pontus, which you have but i have the middle east pontus. Geoghrapphically I get pontus, because its in the middle east, but I'm confused who has pontus, since we both have it.Adamgerd (talk) 17:23, October 8, 2014 (UTC)Adam Gawlowski