|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
The Alternate History Wiki is a project for all communities concerned with creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever growing collection of alternative histories.
I like your HSE timeline keep up the good work. :) Hidan43vr 03:59, December 26, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, I just wanted to tell you that your HSE timeline is great. I also wanted to tell you that you might want to add subcategories. If you need help, just as me. (Because I really over-categorize sometimes. See some pages here if you don't believe me.) Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 01:18, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
As an fyi - if something is marked ASB, it does not go in a "Timelines" category. Lordganon
You really didn't improve the terminology pages, and just added things that were either incorrect, or untrue.
Yes, it is wiki policy to not shorten timeline names in headings unless they are really long. That one isn't. Really, your other timeline will even get fixed in that regard unless you can get it to be too many pages by the time I get around to it, lol.
Lordganon 00:44, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, SpanishSpy. I've noticed that you've been making several fixes on pages dealing with punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc. But many of these fixes are one word, and you seem to be editing the same page repeatedly. It would be much more organized to simply click "Edit" on the top of the page and simply read through the entire page, not single words in sections, to fix mistakes. If you are doing this to get badges, that is against the rules. Just a friendly reminder. Regards, ChrisL123 01:41, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
Do not change article names like that, Spy. Doesn't matter how "wrong" the name may be. We only do such a thing if it is either offensive, not following our rules, going to be confused with another timeline, or would be something we could use a disq~ page at eventually. Lordganon 01:26, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
Spy, a simple look at the Korea article would have told you that it was very intact.
Please remember to look around before adding things, and even more so, ask first.
Lordganon 01:02, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
SpanishSpy, I know that you're fixing spelling and grammar, and I appreciate that, but in Battle for Earth Revised, you made several edits. Here is what is wrong:
- You linked to Crim's user page. The reason we left it unlinked was because he was not playing this time.
- You corrected what other people wrote. In game, that is good. Out game, well, we just write what we write and fixing our own spelling mistakes, if we see them.
Please don't take this as rules for all map games, this is just for Battle for Earth Revised. This is just a reminder for the next time you edit the game that me and MonsterPumpkin set up. Just this one game.
Please quit adding those bolding bits to things. Lordganon 01:13, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
Invasion of Earth (1957)
Well it is biased because it just says that the USSR will invade the USA. :/ Imperium Guy 19:11, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
Tipping point you say... well I think I'll remove it then. :D Imperium Guy 19:17, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, definately!! :D Imperium Guy 19:45, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for helping fixing English in my Republic Tatara article, but I just wanted to point out that in my time-line, World of the Rising Sun, 'The Commonwealth' always has a capital 't' in it's name, as it's part of the name of organisation.
Though, thanks anyway for helping. ^^; -Kogasa 03:30, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I completely understand your view point. However, I'm (kind of) writing the time-line as if the articles were actually written in said time-line. Like the years follow the Japan year, with OTL year -660 (also year of founding of Japan by Emperor Jimmu) being year 1 in the World of Rising Sun time-line. As The Commonwealth thing, in the time-line, Commonwealth just means a type of government/name (its really only used for the Commonwealth of Natori, and saying the Commonwealth means a type of government/name, much like 'Republic of', 'Democratic Republic of' etc.). The Commonwealth specifically follows the organisation, as its part of their name in the time-line.
- I know the grammar/spelling/structure it kinda irritates you, I'm sorry.
- And it's okay, like I said I don't mind you correcting things in my time-line, I appreciate the fixes. -Kogasa 15:38, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Fair enough. I'm starting to understand where your going with this. Guess I should drop the 'The' from the title then. Thanks for your input. -Kogasa 18:17, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
Thought I'd leave you a note - there's a [category that the template used to mark articles/timelines that have grammar/spelling problems are all sent to. Not everything there, of course, is from that template, but I figured I'd direct your efforts to these ones, lol. Lordganon 19:33, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
What's this? You're putting "ASB" categories on YAH? If it was ASB, Lordganon would have put it already. I had this whole Q&A thing as to how to fix it. It was indeed ASB at one point, but now, no. Think of it this way: You are a king. All your best generals and other commanders were killed recently. A fresh army is marching into undefended land. Do you lose or do you win? That is the question, and the answer is you lose. Thus came the world of YAH. Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 02:23, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, heavens no, that argument is ancient. Refers to an old version where the USA somehow gained Canada and Mexico at the same time, lol. Back when I was more of a noob at althist. Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 02:38, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the editing, spanish sky, are you spanish? xD
Breizhcatalonia1993 13:11, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
It's cool that you're uploading so many flags from Wikipedia, but could you stop uploading raster PNG versions with ugly prefixes like "800px" instead of the original vector SVG files? The SVG files are much more suitable for this wiki. — Hellerick 13:53, May 26, 2012 (UTC)
- In Wikipedia many images are kept as vector SVG files -- it's preferrable, because it's scable and can be resized without losing quality of the image. But users typically don't see the vector files, they see raster PNG files generated from the original vector files by Wikipedia server.
- For example you have uploaded a PNG file named "800px-Zeng Liansong's proposal for the PRC flag svg.png". The original SVG filename was "Zeng Liansong's proposal for the PRC flag.svg". It was appended by prefix "800px-" which denotes that the file was resized to 800 px wide, and extension ".png" which denotes that SVG was converted into PNG.
- You most likely right-click the image you see and choose "Save the image as" (or whatever it's called in your browser).
- Instead you should left click the image until you see nothing but this flag upon white background -- this is the SVG file itself, not its PNG copy. (Try zooming into the image -- the quality should remain perfect no matter how large the image is.) Then press Ctrl+S or choose "Save as" and you will be able to save the SVG file. These files can be uploaded to Wikia. — Hellerick 15:42, May 26, 2012 (UTC)
- If you download from Wikipedia PNG versions of the flags images, their file names will have unnecassary elements like "800px-" and a double extension ".svg.png". Such file names should be edited manually (e.g. "800px-Zeng Liansong's proposal for the PRC flag svg.png" should be renamed to "Zeng Liansong's proposal for the PRC flag.png").
- But if you download the original SVG files, their names should already be okay and don't have to be renamed (when you save such file its default name is set to "Zeng Liansong's proposal for the PRC flag.svg" -- it hardly requires any alteration). — Hellerick 16:55, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
Universal (Map Game)
How is the new game ASB - Map Game? Does that even mean anything? I added ASB - Technology because it is really ASB - Technology. Is it because we lack a POD? I just created it two days ago, it's not really going to be complete. Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 22:14, May 28, 2012 (UTC)Meh, idk. Not too sure about it either. Syngraféas Enallaktikí̱ Istoría, Dic mihi lingua Anglorum. 22:19, May 28, 2012 (UTC)