|Hello and welcome to the Alternate History Wiki!|
The Alternate History Wiki is a project for all communities concerned with creating fictional alternative histories. We hope you will feel at home here and wish you good luck contributing to our ever growing collection of alternative histories.
For the infoboxes look in Alternative History:Templates and the its category. I'm not sure there is a specific one for sports teams. Ask HawkAussie has made one or uses an infobox already made. --JorgeGG (talk) 20:05, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks man I'll do that! UKFA (talk) 21:58, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
A query. Which category are you using to mark the timeline? UKFATL or United Kingdom Football Association. One of them has to be used as the official category. --JorgeGG (talk) 14:48, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
Might as well stick with UKFATL since HawkAussie deleted the other one. UKFA (talk) 15:49, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
I'm just getting rid of the categories that isn't needed. So there goes all of the things that link to the Great Britain as well as Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland. I also deleted the sport category because that's for more broad articles in the sport area like Sports (1983: Doomsday) or Folly of a Titan not individual articles.
In terms of the two categories, I have my main one and then a category which is linked to that area. For example the United States article is linked to the main category and the national teams category. Of course that is a just a example of that. HawkAussie (Talk) 21:57, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
The United Kingdom at the World Cup is my main article. If you want to help me edit articles it would be much appreciated, but don't just delete my stuff. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but you only seem to be doing it to me, and it looks a lot like vandalism if you just edit my pages without comment or anything constructive. I already offered to withdraw my tl if it is too similar to yours, again I'm happy to do that if I'm stepping on your toes. If you want to make changes ask me first please. UKFA (talk) 22:14, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
Ok NP. Whilst you're here feel free to help me add categories it does relate to, or even contribute to the tl. If you could help me out with infoboxes that would be a huge help, I don't understand them at all!! UKFA (talk) 23:02, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
- I added and moved all the pages and images to the UKatWC category. Think of the categories as a way to bundle togheter all the pages and images of a timeline. --JorgeGG (talk) 23:37, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for the help guys, and thanks for adding the categories. I think I get how the categories work now, the sports tag is more of a meta category for example. UKFA (talk) 10:33, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
UEFA and similar
The United Kingdom national football team also plays in the UEFA Champions League and similar international competitions? In it is no so clear in what is written already. --JorgeGG (talk) 13:02, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes they'll be in the European Championships. The Confederations Cup is going to be slightly different, I'm going to incorporate another idea I had. Instead of the winning teams from each regional championship (eg the Euros, COPA America, African Nations etc) playing there's going to be a select team from each confederation, split up like so:
- CONMEBOL North
- CONMEBOL South
- UEFA Southern-Meditteranean
- UEFA Central East
- UEFA Northern
- So for instance, CONMEBOL North is made up of the best players from Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay. CONMEBOL South is selected from Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela. I was going to do this as a separate project, creating the teams in Pro Evolution soccer and letting the computer simulate the matches. UKFA (talk) 14:43, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
United Kingdom at the Olympics
With the team now united, wouldn't they be able to compete at the Olympics sooner as they will be able to compete between 1976-2008 (in OTL they didn't enter) as well as competing from 1952-1972 without any problems. HawkAussie (Talk) 01:07, March 3, 2016 (UTC)
I've gone in and had a look and a couple of minor errors. The first one was the change of result in the knockout stage where you put Switzerland win 1-0. I've changed that back to 7-5 in favor of Austria. Also you are missing the Group 4 rankings and I would put them on top of the results not below. Other than that I think its good. HawkAussie (Talk) 02:23, March 4, 2016 (UTC)
I tell everybody
I'm like the English professor in the Mens' Room.
I don't write on the walls.
I just correct the spelling and grammar.
ReE:Euro 2016 Logo
No need to be worried. I will not be counting this as a "duplication" (or what I usually deal with).
As for you re-uploading it, I would prefer you don't. If you are to be re-uploading the same file with varying names on them, I would prefer you use the original (as there is no real need for the same file for specific pages). -- NuclearVacuum 01:59, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
- I do apologize. I didn't realize the "France" version was from Wikimedia. I really thought these were your own. Now I understand what you meant. Yes, if you wish to upload a version without the country's name, you may do so (so long as you mark it as part of your timeline). Do forgive me. -- NuclearVacuum 03:46, June 11, 2016 (UTC)