This althistory's POD is the first war of First Anglo-Dutch War (1652-1654 OTL), which the Dutch win. (Instead of lose). The Dutch don't lose their New Netherlands Colony and expand it by capturing New England. Dutch settlements arise and mix with the existing English ones, but Dutch is the language spoken. There were two more other Anglo-Dutch wars, but Holland won both, and got Surinam.
In the Dutch Rampjaar (disaster year, 1672), war is declared by England, France, Münster and Cologne. Holland is aided by Germany and and just barely defeats them. The colonies of the West-Indies continue to grow after this, particularly by stirring fright of the French Revolution.
Napoleon invades the country in 1795 (as in OTL). The colonies of the Northwest Indies are given to England for 'safekeeping' as with the other colonies. In 1815 the colony was given back, now to the newly-formed United Kingdom of The Netherlands, but the 9 Colonies of Northwest-India declare independence. That is the start of the Revolutionary war, which end up being won by an overpowering 9 Provinces of the West-Indies, for the newly-formed Kingdom was still weak.
The Dutch win the First Anglo-Dutch War (1652) and keep their colony of New Netherlands and expand it by capturing New England. In 1772 the 9 Colonies of New Netherlands declare independence and this is the start of the War of Independence. New Netherlands succeeds, renaming itself to 'de Vereenigde West-Indische Provinciën' (United West-Indian Provinces).
- Seventeenth century - Beginning of the Dutch colonisation of the Americas and the victorious Anglo-Dutch Wars.
- Eighteenth century - As the Dutch golden age affects citizens of all classes, several European powers are inspired to go on their own colonial ventures.
- Nineteenth century - While Europe suffers under the aftermath of the Napoleonic Wars, the demand for independence resonates throughout the new world.
- Twentieth century
- Twenty-first century - The present day.
Dutch Colonial Empire
- United Kingdom of the Netherlands (Verenigd Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- Netherlands East Indies (Nederlands Oost-Indië)
- Gained independence in 1967
- Netherlands West Indies (Nederlands West-Indië)
- Gained independence in 1999
- Territory of Ceylon (Gebiedsdeel Ceylon)
- Transferred to the Empire of Germany in 1871
- Territory of Formosa (Gebiedsdeel Formosa)
- Transferred to the People's Republic of China in 1949
- Territory of Guyana (Gebiedsdeel Guyana)
- Gained independence in 1999
- United West Indian Provinces (Vereenigde West-Indische Provinciën)
- Province of Great Carolina (Provincie Groot-Karolina)
- Province of New England (Provincie Nieuw-Engeland)
- Province of New Georgia (Provincie Nieuw-Georgië)
- Province of New Netherland (Provincie Nieuw-Nederland)
- Province of Pennsylvania (Provincie Pennsylvanië)
- Province of Virginia (Provincie Virginië)
- Province of Southland (Provincie Zuydland)
- United East India Company (Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie)
- Chartered West India Company (Geoctroyeerde West-Indische Compagnie)
- The Golden Age (De Gouden Eeuw)